"SAVING HOPE"

Foro dedicado a Erica Durance que interpreta a Lois Lane

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, porre, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "SAVING HOPE"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- 'Saving Hope' regresa a la CTV con la segunda mitad de la Season 2 (The Canadian Press):
'Saving Hope' regresa a la CTV con la segunda mitad de la Season 2
Por Victoria Ahearn 31 Dic 2013 13:05:00 CST

TORONTO - The Canadian supernatural medical drama "Saving Hope" returns Thursday after going under the knife.

CTV cut season 2 in half, airing the first nine episodes in the summer and saving the remaining nine for a winter run that begins on Thursday at 9 p.m. ET/PT — in the cushy timeslot previously occupied by "Grey's Anatomy."

"It's transitioned from a summer series for two summers to now a winter, and when I do my third season it'll be the fall schedule," star Erica Durance said in a recent telephone interview.

The scheduling changes are "just part of the blessing and the curse" of being a word-of-mouth series, she added.

"I always like to think of our show as like the little engine that could. It's just the kind of nice little story — you can't explain the magic of why people love it, because it doesn't have the recipe of all the big kind of sci-fi this and the massive $10 million pilot.

"It's like a little wave and people are starting to like it and watch it, and then more people are talking about it and then they go back. I'm getting lots of tweets and fan mail that says, 'I hadn't seen it and then I watched the first season and I love it.'"

For those unfamiliar, Durance stars as Dr. Alex Reid, chief surgical resident at Hope Zion Hospital in Toronto. Her fiance, Dr. Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks), started seeing and communicating with spirits in the hospital when he awoke from a coma.

In the first half of season 2, Charlie was just getting used to his supernatural abilities, while Alex was still unaware of them. Meanwhile, Alex's former boyfriend, Dr. Joel Goran (Daniel Gillies), was dating an increasingly jealous Sonja (guest star Erin Karpluk of "Being Erica" fame).

When the season returns, those issues will come to a head as Alex's brother Luke — a paramedic and recovering addict played by Tyler Hynes — is admitted to Hope Zion in critical condition.

"We come back in something that is very, very difficult for her and heart-wrenching, and we just pick up that ball and keep rolling with it for the rest of the season," said Durance. "But it's definitely a place where there's a big turn for her."

As Alex and Charlie struggle to connect with each other again, she'll reach a point where she's unable to suppress her emotions, added the Canadian Screen Award nominee from Three Hills, Alta.

"You start to see there is a slight unravelling of her ability to keep move forward and soldiering on and she has to face some of these things, and so you see her making some kind of crazier, more unwise decisions as a doctor."

Balancing the drama are the more comical and steamier moments between the medical staff. In Thursday's episode, for instance, Eric Johnson guest stars as a handsome obstetrician/gynecologist who causes ripples between Dr. Maggie Lin (Julia Taylor Ross) and Dr. Gavin Murphy (Kristopher Turner).

"He's an interesting character that comes in and he's involved with Maggie quite a bit," said Durance, who played Lois Lane in the series "Smallville."

Viewers can delve even deeper into the storylines with the digital companion series "Last Call," which sees the doctors dishing on their lives over drinks. It's available on CTV.ca/SavingHopeLastCall and the CTV GO App.

Durance said her research for her role has included spending time with medical consultants and watching real surgeries in hospitals.

"I say to people, 'I can cut people open, I can push their organs around and sound like something is really wrong, but I could never put them back together.'"

She does sometimes understand the medical lingo she hears on television, though.

"I'll be watching some kind of Discovery Channel thing or something will come out and I'll be like, 'Oh, I know what that drug is,'" said Durance. "I'm a big know-it-all in my house and my husband just laughs and is very patient.

"He'll be like, 'So are you being a doctor tonight?' and I'm like, 'Yes, yes.'"

Durance said she knows "very little" about what the writers have planned for season 3, which was recently ordered by CTV.

But the thought that anybody could be killed off — as often happens in the medical drama world — is never far from her mind.

"I think it goes through everybody's minds. Some of us want it, some of us don't," she said with a laugh. "Maybe that's a good thing for actors. It keeps everybody on-point so they don't have these assumptions that they have job security.

"Because you just never know if you're going to get hit by a car and end up in a coma."

http://www.cp24.com/entertainment-news/ ... -1.1612933

- Erica Durance Explora la vida después de la muerte en la Season 2 (realstylenetwork):
CTV’s Canadian supernatural medical drama Saving Hope returns tonight with a fresh new season where the stakes have changed. In Saving Hope’s first season we met Charlie a doctor in a coma who was helping people cross over to the other side and his fiancée Alex, also a doctor, who is coping with the possibility of losing the love of her life. At the end of season 1, Charlie woke from his coma and is now working alongside Alex at the hospital, but still sees spirits. Real Style asked Erica Durance, who plays Alex to talk about how things are going to change for her character this season and how the show has challenged her.

Real Style: Having Charlie wake up at the end of season one changes things on the show a bit. Will Saving Hope still feel the same for fans now that Charlie is alive? What does Charlie being out of a coma and back to work mean for Alex?

Erica Durance: What I love about season 2 is that it takes everything from season 1 and amplifies it. The audience will have a chance to get to know the characters in a more full-bodied way, with Charlie now bringing his “talking to ghosts” gift into his real life and trying to balance that. They will get to experience other sides of Alex’s character, and how she deals with the fact that Charlie is different. It is again a love story between Alex and Charlie and how they try to keep connected.

One of the major dilemmas for Alex this season is trying to re-start her life post coma. Even though you want everything to be the same, it’s irrevocably altered. There is a certain grieving process that she’s going through while she’s actively trying to reconnect with Charlie.

Real Style: Is Alex going to be a part of Charlie’s other worldly “powers”? Do you think she would accept his explanation?

Erica Durance: That, I cannot reveal. The Alex that I know now, struggles to believe that there is something else out there, but who knows. Never say never.

Real Style: Did reading these scripts challenge you spiritually? Did you find yourself thinking what would I do and what do I believe?

Erica Durance: What I love about what the creators have done with this show is that they have given us a platform for discussion about the afterlife, but they don’t give you any solid answers, so it just begins the conversation. For me, I have an absolute belief in “something more”, so playing Alex, who struggles with that belief, has been interesting

Real Style: When you hear supernatural medical drama people might be wary. What would you say to someone who wasn’t sure about the show?

Erica Durance: I am personally drawn to projects that speak to me on a fundamental human level. If someone chooses to engage in the show, I’m absolutely confident that they will fall in love with the characters as much as I have.

http://www.realstylenetwork.com/news/ce ... -season-2/

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 2.10 "Wishbones":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Imágenes BTS de la S2:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@juliataylorross: We are back tonight, folks! CTV at 9pm! #tbt #impromptu #castphoto #savinghope
@dave_lester: And that´s how that shot was done! #savinghope
@dave_lester: Coolest location. #savinghope ##ohmy
@dave_lester: One more for the books. #savinghope #hearn #coldanddamp
@tyler_hynes: 9pm tonight we'll see how this day on #savinghope turned out. #ctv #seasonpremiere
@benjaminayres: @dbwellington on set, directing last night´s killer episode of #SavingHope)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 2.10 "Wishbones". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

- Saving Hope 2.11 Promo "En Bloc" (HD):

- Saving Hope 2.11 Stills "En Bloc":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes promocionales:

Imagen Imagen

(thanks to @CTV)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Erica Durance promote un tiempo duro en "Saving Hope" (theloop.ca):
Erica Durance promote un tiempo duro en "Saving Hope"
Por Eleni Armenakis 09 de enero, 2014 12:00:15 AM

Saving Hope’s second season returned with the devastating death of Alex’s brother, Luke (Tyler Hynes). And according to Erica Durance, who plays surgeon Dr. Alex Reid on CTV’s medical drama, things won’t get any easier for her in the second half of the season.

“We see her throwing herself back into work to avoid the situation with Charlie and to try to save someone because, of course, she couldn’t save Luke,” Durance tells TV Guide Canada. “She doesn’t want to think about it or deal with that. Things don’t really get better for Alex, it just kind of continues to unravel for her, and basically you see how she’s just trying to cope with the whole thing.”

Losing her brother wasn’t the only challenge Alex character faced when Season 2 returned last week. While still in shock over Luke’s death, her boyfriend Charlie (Michael Shanks) — who has put her through a fair share of worry already — decided to reveal that he can see spirits, including Luke’s.

“Even though I know from Charlie’s perspective it was probably something that was done out of a loving way to try to console her … I think it’s just not something she could take in,” she says. “Instead of being a good thing, it became something that was incredibly painful for her to be able to handle.”

That means bad news for Team Charlie, because Durance says “that’s put everything a little bit on the rocks for them.”

“They deeply love each other, but how do you get past some of these massive things? So it’s about their struggle to continue to find each other again and trust each other again.”

That struggle picks up tonight in “En Bloc,” an episode directed by Rookie Blue’s Gregory Smith. Smith has slowly been branching out into directing — helming two stellar episodes on Blue. Durance, who also serves as a producer on Saving Hope, says moving behind the camera has plenty of appeal for an actor.

“I think it just allows you to learn more about the process and I think that the more you know, the better that you can become,” she explains. “Knowledge is power, so if you understand the workings behind it you’re able to bring more to the table yourself. The one side is interesting, but you want to continue to learn — or at least that’s how it is for me.”

As far as the rest of Season 2, Durance promises we’ll be finding out a lot more about the doctors’ personal lives — including more of the Alex/Charlie/Joel (Daniel Gillies) love triangle.

“You’re able to see a little bit more about the personalities of all of them,” she teases. “They’ve done a really good job balancing out all the medical things, all the spiritual side of it, and just really infusing the last half of Season 2 with a lot of good juicy bits about each of the characters.”

She also offered up a couple of other teases — fans of Maggie’s crush, Dr. Kalfis (Eric Johnson) will be happy to hear that he’ll be returning to cause some trouble. And while the writers are keeping mum on what Season 3 will bring when production starts in the spring, Durance says a big directional shift is in the works.

“They have completely clammed up,” she says. “I’m not sure what is happening yet, so I’m on pins and needles.”

http://www.theloop.ca/showbiz/tv-guide/ ... ving-Hope-

- Erica Durance dice que el corazón de Alex está roto, mientras que Sergio Di Zio de 'Flashpoint' aparece como estrella invitada (ctv.ca):
Just when you think things might be looking up for Dr. Alex Reid, things definitely take a turn for the worse.

Spoiler alert!

“As if Alex hasn’t had enough to deal with!” says actress Erica Durance. “The brother she was always trying to help, the brother she was always trying to save, well, this time she couldn’t save him. It’s pretty heart-breaking for her.”

“It’s broken her and on the heels of that, Charlie reveals his secret that he can communicate with spirits,” she says.

That would be a lot for anyone to handle, and it’s compounded by the grief of losing her favourite brother.

“He does it in an attempt to comfort her, to let her know that Luke is there, but it’s too much for her and she rages at the hopelessness of it all.”

Thud. (Sob!)

And while Alex reels in the grief of her losing her brother and the turmoil with Charlie, another character on “Saving Hope” is also dealing with his own demons.

And though he’s a new face at Hope-Z, he’s not a new face on CTV as Walter is played by Sergio Di Zio, “Flashpoint’s” bomb expert, Spike.

Walter is a very different character than his “Flashpoint” character. “They’re completely different,” he says.

“But at the same time, I like to think Spike kept in touch with his inner child and that’s definitely true of Walter.”

That’s a similarity, but it pretty much ends there.

Where Spike loved his bomb detecting device, Babycakes, Walter has a guinea pig.

“In the episode, Dr. Gavin Murphy (played by Kristopher Turner) tries to detach me from my guinea pig, because I’m transferred all the attention I should have towards people onto this guinea pig,” Di Zio says with a laugh.

“There’s a real crisis with the guinea pig in the hospital that is a real turning point in Walter’s life.”

Di Zio loved his time on set. “The halfway point can be hard on a cast – you’re up for another half season, it’s a lot of work, but I got to show up and play as opposed to steering the ship in any way.

“I just got to go in and enjoy the family they’ve created and it seems like they’ve got a really great one.”

Di Zio loved working with Turner (who plays psychiatrist Gavin Murphy) and Michelle Nolden (who plays cardiac surgeon and Charlie’s ex, Dawn) and director Gregory Smith.

“They’re really beautiful people, all three of them . . . There was this exciting, bright energy between him and Michelle and Kris and me.”

But even more than the great on set chemistry was the medical side of his time on the show.

“I got to see my own heart!” he says.

“Walter gets really upset about the guinea pig and they hook him up to this machine, so I actually saw my heart beating on the ultrasound, which was totally freaky.

“There’s this thing happening that you’re body’s doing that you have absolutely no control over and you’re body’s doing it regularly.

“There’s a life lesson in there somewhere.”

http://www.ctv.ca/SavingHope/Articles/F ... ergio.aspx

- Nuevas imágenes BTS:

Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@noelcarbs: Saying goodbye to Vallenwe'en. #SavingHope
@noelcarbs: So much fun shooting this Joel/Shahir scene. LOL-ing our faces off behind the monitors. #SavingHope
@noelcarbs: @gregorythesmith Behind the scenes. Making the magic happen. #SavingHope)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 2.11 "En bloc". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

- Música del 2.10 "Wishbones":
"And God Created Electro" (Feedback ft. A Girl And A Gun)
"The Wilhelm Scream" (James Blake)

- Música del 2.11 "En Bloc":
"Shoulderblade" (Reuben and the dark)

- Gregory Smith on directing an episode of of Saving Hope (etalk):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Saving Hope 2.12 "Nottingham 7" Promo:

- Descripción oficial del 2.12 "Notthingham 7":
2.12 "Notthingham 7" (Jan 16 9pm ET/PT on CTV): Alex (Erica Durance) está aún tambaleándose de su ruptura con Charlie (Michael Shanks), pero cuando uno de los doctores del Hope Zion Hospital le pide ayuda para tratar con un caso de cáncer, Alex empieza a investigar para realizar una cirugía que podría salvar su vida. Sin embargo, mientras que intenta ayudar al paciente de cáncer, Alex se sorprende de descubrir que el paciente no es tan sólo un extraño anónimo – es uno de los médicos compañeros suyos de la plantilla del Hope Zion Hospital. Mientras tanto, Joel (Daniel Gillies) habla con una antigua paciente – una bailarina cuta cadera él reemplazó usando una nueva prótesis de la innovadora Sabian Medical Corporation. Cuando la prótesis resulta ser defectuosa y mata a su paciente, la posición de Joel como Jefe de Cirugía se pone en peligro cuando se ve forzado a tratar tanto con la poderosa compañía como con su antigua amante, quien resulta que trabaja para ellos. Charlie intenta ayudar a Joel con su pelea, pero termina siendo distraído por el fantasma de la bailarina, quien tiene un último deseo que necesita de ayuda para ser satisfecho. Escrito por John Krizanc. Krista Bridges, Dani Kind, & Jonathon Watton también aparecen como estrellas invitadas.

http://theworldgoespop.com/2014/01/10/s ... tingham-7/

- Stills del 2.12 "Notthingham 7":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Nuevas imágenes BTS de la S2:

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Saving Hope vuela alto (theprovince):
Saving Hope vuela alto
Por Melissa Hank, 15 de Enero del 2014

When it comes to television longevity, Hope floats. The homegrown supernatural medical drama Saving Hope pulled in 1.5 million Canadian viewers for its winter premiere a couple of weeks ago, and it has already been renewed for a third season.

But onscreen, things haven’t been as great for the staff of Hope Zion Hospital. Dr. Alex Reid (Erica Durance) is struggling with her fiancé Charlie’s (Michael Shanks) ability to communicate with spirits, as well as dealing with the death of her brother.

“I was heartbroken because, of course, I didn’t want my brother to die,” says the Calgary-born actress. “And then I was like, ‘Oh, boy. Here we go!’ I was excited because it was a new challenge and our characters will get to make a change and we were ready for that.”

Initially a summer series and now a winter one that will return this fall, Saving Hope has become somewhat of a show for all seasons. It deals in “what ifs?” What if your fiancé fell in a coma? And what if he could then see dead (or almost-dead) people?

“I think it would give me pause, but I have a tendency to believe that there’s something out there already,” says Durance. “I grew up always being taught about that there’s something else going on, and there’s something out there besides ourselves.”

The first half of Season 2 centred on Charlie adjusting to his supernatural abilities, unbeknownst to Alex. Meanwhile, Alex’s ex-boyfriend, Dr. Joel Goran (Daniel Gillies), was dating an increasingly jealous Sonja (Erin Karpluk of Being Erica).

“It’s basically setting up what we’ve been waiting for — this whole resolution of whether Alex will accept Charlie’s abilities? Will she believe him or not? There’s a lot of turmoil with their relationship,” teases the Canadian Screen Award nominee.

“There’s also some stuff that comes up with Joel that viewers can look forward to. There’s just a lot more stuff going on that delves into the personal lives of Maggie (Julia Taylor Ross) and Gavin (Kristopher Turner), allowing us to flesh out those characters.”

Durance, who previously played Lois Lane on The CW’s Superman origin series Smallville, is also a producer on Saving Hope. And after two seasons, she’s considering more behind-the-camera roles — maybe even producing a series of her own.

“I’m just at that point where I’m allowing myself to think that that could be a possibility, but I’d have to gather a team of people who have a similar vision,” she says.

“I’m looking to tell a good story. I’m looking for good female characters to support and show in a 3D way, not just as the girlfriend or the best friend or the ex.”

http://www.theprovince.com/entertainmen ... story.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Música del 2.12 "Nottingham 7":
"Dance Me In A Straight Line" (Katie Herzig)
"Got To Be Somebody"(Barbara & The Browns)
"Goncourt"(Gypsophilia)
"Just Breathe" (Don Brownrigg)

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 2.12 "Nottingham 7". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

- Nuevas imágenes BTS (16-01-14):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@davelester: #SavingHope blocking. Beauty
@davelester: Blocking! #savinghope
@davelester: Grips, electrics, set dressers all soaking up the sun @SavingHopeTV on location. #savinghope
@davelester: Last one for the night. #SavingHope
@davelester: Yes, that was real food being prepared by Dana. #savinghope)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 2.13 "Wide Awake":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Imágenes de la serie web "Last Call":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Saving Hope 2.13 "Wide Awake" Promo:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 2.13 "Wide Awake":
2.13 "Wide Awake": Alex (Erica Durance) realmente no está buscando un nuevo hombre en su vida, pero Joel (Daniel Gillies) y Sonja (la estrella invitada Erin Karpluk) parecen pensar distinto – ellos la han invitado a salir en una cita a ciegas doble. Por si la noche no fuera lo suficientemente incómoda, su hombre misterioso acaba necesitando atendión médica de emergencia, y el grupo de ve forzado a regresar al Hospital Hope Zion, donde Alex tiene que ver cómo tratarlo mientras que evita a Charlie. Rápidamente se hace claro para Alex y Joel que su cita necesita múltiples cirugías a la vez, pero antes de que puedan ayudarle, necesitan conseguir la aprobación de la nueca Jefa de Cirugía – Dana (Wendy Crewson). Mientras tanto, Charlie (Michael Shanks) trabaja con un testarudo soldado que sigue sufriendo por un evento traumático en Afghanistan, pero se ve distraído por un espíritu como nigún otro que jamás se ha encontrado. Cuando el espíritu interviene en mitad de la cirugía de vida o muerte del soldado, Charlie toma una decisión radical en el último segundo sobra la salud de su paciente que lo obliga a enfrentar las implicaciones de su conexión con la muerte. Maggie (Julia Taylor Ross) trata a una mujer que tiene una enfermedad vírica que puede afectar potencialmente a su propio hijo, lo que la obliga a ella y a Gavin (Kristopher Turner) a tratar con los problemas sin mencionar relativos a su embarazo. Yon Motskin dirige el episodio escrito por Waneta Storms

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/01/saving ... ke_23.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Música del 2.13 "Wide Awake":

"Crush" (Irsh Septh ft. Eleven)
"A violent Sky"(Apparat)

- Nueva imagen BTS (23-01-14):

Imagen

(@savinghopeTV: Here's a behind the scenes look at the gorgeous @erinkarpluk from the #SavingHope set!)

Añadidos los links y rátings del episodio 2.13 "Wide Awake". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 2.14 "43 Minutes":
2.14 "43 Minutes": (Jan 30, 9pm ET/PT on CTV): Alex (Erica Durance) está buscando una noche de relajación después de uns estresante semana, pero se está marchando del hospital se convierte en testigo de un accidente casi fata que la obliga a meterse de nuevo en su papel de doctora. El equipo del Hospital Hope Zion llega al lugar para hacerse cargo, pero Alex está decidida a quedarse con el Code Team e intentar salvar la vida de la víctima desconocida. El equipo corre para operarle, pero, con el tiempo agotándose, se enfretan con un una letanía de complicaciones. Es una carrera contrarreloj en este episodio a tiempo real mientras que Alex y el equipo se niegan a abandonar a su paciente. Mientras tanto, Gavin (Kristopher Turner) pbliga a Charlie (Michael Shanks) a que se someta a una sesión de paseo-y-charla en un intento de explorar y entender su relación con el Mundo Espiritual. Escrito por Aubrey Nealon. Georgina Reilly & Josh Peace también aparecen como estrellas invitadas.

http://ericadurance.tv/2014/01/24/savin ... utes-2-14/

- Stills del 2.14 "43 Minutes":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Saving Hope 2.14 "43 Minutes" Promo :

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

"Last Call" Ep. 10 "Bad Break":

"Last Call" Ep. 11 "Hug":

"Last Call" Ep. 12 "Bad Break":

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Lois Lane (Erica Durance)”