"SAVING HOPE"

Foro dedicado a Erica Durance que interpreta a Lois Lane

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, porre, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "SAVING HOPE"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Julia Taylor Ross sobre el viaje de Maggie al mundo espiritual (thetvjunkies):
Julia Taylor Ross sobre el viaje de Maggie al mundo espiritual
Por Christy Spratlin | 02 Diciembre, 2015 |

The spirit world on Saving Hope has always kept the CTV drama from being just like every other medical show on television today. However, adding a supernatural aspect to any show can be risky, yet somehow, Saving Hope manages to pull it off, making the spirit world one of the main reasons to tune in every week. This week one of Hope Zion’s own enters that world during the conclusion of the show’s two-part story.

Maggie (Julia Taylor Ross) has been having a bit of a rough go of things this season. She has yet to nail down an attending position, lost a job opportunity at another hospital, and she has been struggling to find her place at Hope Zion. All of this comes to the forefront when Maggie finds herself a part of the spirit world and must decide if her life as it is right now is worth coming back for. Ross spoke exclusively with The TV Junkies about Maggie’s trip into another world, what we can expect from Sydney’s (Stacey Farber) return, if there’s a possibility of romance with Zach (Benjamin Ayres), and what’s to come for Maggie this season.

The TV Junkies: This week we get to see you play a ghost. Did you ever think that Maggie would be a ghost at some point?

Julia Taylor Ross: No, I did not. I was so surprised and honored. Erica’s [Durance] had a go and Michael [Shanks] obviously, but it was a very fun challenge. I was totally taken by surprise. I had said to the writers, ‘So what’s coming up?’ And they were like, ‘Ooooh, stuff is really coming up!’ But that’s not where my brain went at all.

TTVJ: Maggie has struggled a bit this season with trying to find her place and importance in the hospital and this week she struggles with whether she wants to fight for her life or not. Why do you think that is?

JTR: They’ve never been afraid to show her character confused or to have challenges. When we first me her she was a junior resident and I remember her flailing a little bit. And she’s had her relationship challenges. I feel like this season they’ve shown her a little more settled. They’re giving her more of an opportunity, now that she’s passed her board exam, to be a full doctor. This season, with the lack of a love interest, the story has been much more about a young woman making her priority work. Which is great, but I think what happens in the ghost storyline is that she realizes that she needs a bit of a balance.

I was curious as to how they would show Maggie’s revelatory moment, you know when the ghost realizes why they want to stay alive. It was a moment that really felt consistent with the rest of the season. It was more subtle than many of the others have been. Maggie’s has a little more depth to it.

TTVJ: Are filming the scenes as a ghost any different from filming other scenes?

JTR: Absolutely. The ghost scenes in Episode 10 were directed by Greg Smith (Rookie Blue), and he’s such a smart director and obviously an actor as well. I was so happy to be supported by him. I would say that the big difference between playing the two characters is that [as a ghost] you can’t communicate with anyone–except with Michael’s character which was fantastic. What’s so cool about this season is that Charlie has really figured out how to interact with the ghosts. Plus she’s his friend and colleague. So we were able to bring in a mixture of humor and emotional depth into the scenes.

The other thing I got from Greg was on how to play the same character who still wants everything the same, but she’s kind of in denial of everything that’s going on at first. You’re not yourself, right? You’re kind of one step away from yourself. So it was fun trying to find that balance in between regular Maggie and ghost Maggie who’s a few degrees off of center. It was really fun and definitely challenging.

TTVJ: We loved seeing her stand up to Dawn [Michelle Nolden] in asking to be the primary surgeon on her future cases. Will we continue to see her be the primary surgeon on cases and mentor the new residents?

JTR: Yeah, for sure. I loved that scene with Dawn. And it’s a lot like it is with her mentoring the younger residents that are coming through. I think Maggie gets a kick out of bossing people around a little. She’s not cruel, but firm. I think she’s grown up quite a bit this season. You can really see it in the way she deals with her patients and how she handles the new residents.

TTVJ: We’ve noticed that there seems to be an interesting chemistry developing between Zach and Maggie. Is there the possibility of a romance developing between the two of them or is that just a good friendship forming?

JTR: I love the friendship that they’ve developed. It was really important to me that we showed what a platonic relationship between a man and a woman can be like. It’s much more common to see things develop into something romantic right away. But I hope that something happens between them. I think they love each other, as friends for sure, so we’ll see. I love the story of the best friends–will they or won’t they? I think the mystery of it is so enticing. Ben is a great friend and we have a really great time playing with it. When we watched [those first few episodes] we too were like, ‘Holy Moly! That was like a seed being planted.’ So it was a bit of a surprise for us as well. But as a viewer, I saw it too. Now I just do what I’m told, but I think it would be great.

TTVJ: Maggie and Sydney’s relationship kind of got lost at the end of last season and we never got to see them go their separate ways. What do you think happened there?

JTR: I’m glad they made that all about Sydney come out and I felt like their last scene together was more about a friendship. I really appreciated that they left it kind of open because I think that’s how it is in life. It doesn’t always get all tied up in a bow. I think there will always be a place for Sydney in Maggie’s life. Whether that’s as a kindred spirit, or as a romantic interest I’m not sure, but they definitely had a real connection. I think Stacey and my chemistry was really great as well and people seemed to really enjoy it.

TTVJ: We know she is back for another episode this season. Can you preview what we can expect to see between her and Maggie?

JTR: She is and that will give us an opportunity to see how they managed that reunion. I think it’s not really going to be a satisfying goodbye, but that’s OK because that’s how it is in real life. The next episode [after the two-parter] is really great because they have to kind of revisit that so you’ll see little tidbits of romance.

TTVJ: You guys are filming the Season 4 finale now. What can you tease for us on what we will be seeing with Maggie for the rest of the season?

JTR: You will kind of get to see her really develop as a doctor. That’s partly through the mentoring and also through the medical storylines. There will be a lot more baby stuff. More challenges on the friendship sides and more of her trying to stand her ground as a doctor. It’s a lot of work/life balance.

http://www.thetvjunkies.com/saving-hope ... interview/?

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- TV Eh B Cs podcast 38 – Erica Durance & Adam Pettle "The Ghosts of Christmas Hope" (08-12-15):

http://www.tv-eh.com/2015/12/08/tv-eh-b ... tmas-hope/

- El escritor de "Saving Hope" Patrick Tarr sobre el traer las Fiestas al Hope Zion (thetvjunkies):
El escritor de "Saving Hope" Patrick Tarr sobre el traer las Fiestas al Hope Zion
Por Bridget Liszewski | 09 Diciembre, 2015

The holiday season is officially upon us and this year, for the first time ever, the gang at Saving Hope is getting in on the festive fun with an official holiday episode airing this Thursday at 9 p.m. ET on CTV. It’s Christmas Eve and while an ice storm threatens to derail plans outside the hospital, the holiday spirit is alive and well for the doctors and staff stuck inside Hope Zion. Charlie (Michael Shanks) experiences a unique take on the three ghosts of Christmas, Alex (Erica Durance) and Dawn (Michelle Nolden) try to bring about a Christmas miracle while Shahir (Huse Madhavji) and Dana (Wendy Crewson) find themselves unexpectedly swept up with the Christmas spirit.

Saving Hope writer and producer Patrick Tarr, who co-wrote the episode, “Shine a Light,” with Fiona Highet, talked exclusively with The TV Junkies to preview this special episode and the unique challenges it posed to the writing staff. He also explains the decision behind pairing certain characters together and gives a little peek into what’s to come on the rest of Saving Hope in Season 4.

The TV Junkies: Saving Hope has never done a holiday themed episode before. How did the opportunity for this one come about now in Season 4?

Patrick Tarr: Because of the shifting nature of prime time TV scheduling, we’ve never really had the opportunity to do a holiday-themed episode before. In fact, last season we attempted a Halloween show, but in the end it became about the night of the Blood Moon–even though it ended up airing the day before Halloween. It was CTV who suggested we do a Christmas episode this season, they’re great supporters of the show and wanted something special out of this season. Fiona and I were both pretty excited when we were assigned to write it.

TTVJ: This serves as a standalone episode. Why was that decision made and what unique challenges did that present for you and Fiona in writing it?

PT: By the end of this season, 67 episodes of Saving Hope will have aired, which means it can be shown in reruns for years to come. The network wanted the Christmas episode to be “evergreen,” meaning it could be slotted in almost any time in the life of the show and still make sense. With the exception of Charlie being out of his coma, it really could drop in just about anywhere. We don’t even really state whether or not Alex and Charlie are a couple in the episode. It seemed like a big challenge going into it, but there was so much Christmas business to handle that Fiona and I found it pretty easy to focus on the episodic stories and leave the serialized elements aside.

But really, I think the biggest challenge was getting through pitching the stories without crying. I’m not a big crier in general but some of the stories really hit home for a few of us and there were a lot of tissues going around the room by the time we finished talking them through. Maybe don’t print that last part.

TTVJ: You guys do a take on the 3 ghosts of Christmas through Charlie and the spirits he gets visits from this episode. Was that something you knew right away that you’d want to play with when you heard “holiday episode?”

PT: Funny enough, we talked about doing that right off the bat, and then dumped the idea. Charlie was supposed to have only one ghost, the young boy Aidan (Percy Hynes White) who’s waiting by the Christmas tree for his mom. But after the first draft of the outline went around, people were feeling like they wanted to know more about the character of Laverne (Rookie Blue‘s Melanie Nicholls-King) in order to really feel the emotion of that storyline. It was a great note and introducing Spirit Laverne really broke open that story for us and made it so much more emotional. And, well, once we had two ghosts, going back to the idea of bringing in a third seemed like kind of a no-brainer. But because the first two ghosts are quite emotional stories, we decided to make the final one a light moment about alternative December 25th traditions.

TTVJ: Dawn and Alex, who’ve had their share of issues in the past, are forced to work together. Why did you decide to throw those two together and can you preview how that goes?

PT: I love the Alex/Dawn relationship and how it’s changed over the seasons. The timeless nature of the episode meant we could maybe backtrack a bit to more of a contentious dynamic between them. We took some inspiration from the real-time episode of Season 2 called “42 Minutes,” in which Alex is the hopeful optimist fighting for a patient against all odds, while Dawn is the realist who knows a lost cause when she sees one. Ultimately, though, I think those characters are more alike than they’d care to admit. It was perhaps a little dark, but we liked the idea of having Alex throw all her hope behind the possibility of a Christmas miracle, only to have it come in a much different form than she was expecting, and to see both her and Dawn affected by that.

TTVJ: We’ve really seen Maggie [Julia Taylor Ross] and Zach’s [Benjamin Ayres] friendship being explored a lot more this season and that theme is continued here. What do you enjoy about their relationship and will we continue to see more of this as the season goes forward?

PT: Ben and Julia are so great together, they remind me of all those classic comedy duos where you have the “straight man” and the “banana man.” Zach is clearly the straight man, but still gets a lot of laughs with his deadpan delivery. For me, they have the most realistic and interesting friendship on the show. We wanted to highlight that, as Maggie does her best to cheer Zach up after his Christmas plans go awry. While this episode isn’t part of the serialized season, it does highlight a relationship that definitely comes into stronger relief by the end of the season.

TTVJ: Dana and Shahir have some great scenes together, why did you choose to pair them up for this episode?

PT: Huse and Wendy just have great chemistry and are individually so funny, but I don’t think they’ve ever played an entire storyline together. Our intern, Aaron Bala, threw out the idea of toy surgery and I think we broke the story together in about five minutes after that. We liked having Dana and Shahir represent the point of view of two people who aren’t necessarily drinking the Christmas kool-aid, but for different reasons. It suited the Dana/Shahir dynamic so well to see them both put their big brains to a toy O.R., because even though they might not agree on how to do it, the children definitely win when Hope Zion’s top neuro and plastic surgeons decide to save Christmas.

TTVJ: As just a general note, which is your favorite Saving Hope character to write for and why?

PT: That’s a tough one. Usually it’s whoever’s story I’m having the easiest time writing at any given point. For me, it’s the eccentric humour of the show that makes it fun to write and we’re very lucky to have a cast who can all turn on a dime from really intense drama to some pretty goofy comedic moments.

TTVJ: Are you writing any more episodes this season and is there anything that you can preview for us about what’s to come from Saving Hope in the new year?

PT: I wrote one more this season, Episode 416, “Torn and Frayed,” which was Erica Durance’s first time directing the show. She had so much contagious energy and enthusiasm, she made the episode a ton of fun for everyone in the cast and crew. While a lot of the big arcs of the season come to fruition in the final two episodes, there’s one very pivotal scene for two characters at the end of 416 that I felt very lucky to be able write.

There are some big revelations and some turning points to come, for sure. They’re shooting the second last day of the finale right now. Obviously I can’t say anything about that, but I can’t wait for people to see it. I think our fearless leader Adam Pettle, director James Genn and everyone else are going to have your jaws on the floor by the end.

TTVJ: Anything else you’d like to add?

PT: Just a shout-out to the Christmas episode director, Peter Wellington, and to all the series regulars and guest cast who really gave it all for the episode. It’s not easy to do heartfelt Christmas stories without veering into schmaltz, but they all toned their performances so well that we think the show came out great.

http://www.thetvjunkies.com/saving-hope ... hope-zion/
- Wendy Crewson y Benjamin Ayres adelantan el episodio de Navidad de ‘Saving Hope’ y le desean felices fiestas a los fans (etalk.ca):
Wendy Crewson y Benjamin Ayres adelantan el episodio de Navidad de ‘Saving Hope’ y le desean felices fiestas a los fans
Por Deanne MacRae 10 Dic, 2015

After four seasons filled with tears, laughter, and torrid love-affairs, “Saving Hope” is finally delivering its first-ever holiday-themed episode, Dec. 10 at 9/8c on CTV.

While you’ll have to wait until Thursday to soak up the yuletide goodness, stars Wendy Crewson (Dr. Dana Kinney) and Benjamin Ayres (Dr. Zach Miller) are spilling the beans on what’s coming up.

“The fans really wanted it,” Ayres says of the Holiday episode. “What’s interesting about the episode is that it’s kind of a reset,” he adds.

The episode, which takes place on Christmas Eve, will serve as an “ever-green” episode, meaning that it can take place anywhere in the “Saving Hope” timeline.

But even without the time sensitive will-they-won’t-they fans have come to love of “Saving Hope,” the episode will be full of drama, as Ayres promises some tear-jerking moments.

“We have this little boy who’s a ghost,” Ayres teases. “Every Christmas he comes back to the tree that gets put up at Hope Zion, he’s there expecting to see his mother. It’s a tear-jerker. For most of the episode she’s not going to be able to make it this time around.”

And as we know of any good Christmas tale, Ayres says tears aren’t always a bad thing around the holidays.

“Sometimes the tears come not only out of sadness but out of joy. That’s definitely in there and I think a good Christmas episode of anything will bring that.”

“It can be melancholy, Christmas,” adds Crewson. “It brings up happiness and family together and it’s melancholy for those who are not here.”

This melancholy will catch up with Crewson’s character, Dana, as she tries to avoid the Holidays in the hospital alongside pal Dr. Sharir Hamza.

“We’re the bah-humbug group meeting in the Scrooge room and we have decided we want to avoid the singing nurses in the hallway – so we’ve barricaded ourselves in the doctor’s lounge,” says Crewson.

But Dana can’t hide from the Holidays for long, as an unexpected turn of events lands her on toy drive duty.

“We have to put on the elf uniforms and deliver the toys. So we who were the most resistant are in full costume and handing out toys and of course loving it.”

The toy drive will serve as a nice relief for Dana, whose Christmas woes stem from spending the holidays away from her grown daughter.

“Dana can be a little prickly, I don’t think she likes the whole kissy-huggy and all that stuff going on,” says Crewson.

“And her daughter’s all grown up and is now spending Christmas with [Dana’s] ex and it’s this very frustrating thing and is a reminder of it,” adds Ayres.

Similarly, Zach will find himself torn away from his kids on Christmas Eve, as he is forced to stay at the hospital longer than expected.

“Due to the storm, the doctor who’s supposed to sub him off was unable to make it. So he says 'Okay I’ll just stay for 20 minutes,' which then turns into like an hour and a half then two hours and he never really makes it out.”

Luckily for Zach, he’ll have Dr. Maggie Lin at his side, attempting to cheer him up with a festive game.

“Maggie presents him with this game ER Bingo. Pudding burns, electrocution through putting up the Christmas lights. So yeah, they’re planning this sneaky little game,” says Ayres.

And while Zach and Dana will be forced to spend the holidays in the hospital and away from their families, the same won’t be true for Ayres and Crewson.

Ayres is packing his bags to head out West to visit his parents, with one thing he’ll have to keep in mind for the holiday:

“My oldest is three and a half and I said, ‘Isadora what do you want for Christmas?’ And she goes, ‘Porridge.’ So I guess that’s what we’re doing Christmas morning, porridge,” Ayres says with a laugh.

And as Crewson prepares to spend the holidays at home with her family, there’s a message she’d like to share with “Saving Hope” fans:

“Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the cast and crew of ‘Saving Hope!’”

http://www.etalk.ca/news/2015/december/ ... aving-hope?
- Conoce a Allison Wilson-Forbes, la enfermera 'Alice' en "Saving Hope" (theworldgoespop):
Conoce a Allison Wilson-Forbes, la enfermera 'Alice' en "Saving Hope"
Por Vanessa 18 Dic, 2015

The doctors of Hope Zion wouldn’t be able to their jobs without the help of these cast of supporting characters that pass them a scalpel, help bag a patient or hand them an important file. You may not notice them but let us meet one of these unsung heroes of Saving Hope.

Allison Wilson-Forbes plays Nurse Alice, the nurse you see offering assistance in the trauma bay of the ER at Hope Zion.

If you’ve seen the recent Holiday episode, Wilson-Forbes’ character tried to entice Dr. Shahir Hamza (Huse Madhavji) to join the nurses’ Christmas dance party but Shahir turns her down to fix some toys. Nurse Alice was also the one to tell Alex (Erica Durance) that she wasn’t able to intubate the bomber in “Shattered”.

And you may have also seen Nurse Alice in the Season 4 “Rock and a Hard Place” episode interrupting Alex and Charlie’s make out session to hand Charlie (Michael Shanks) a file about Tom Crenshaw (Travis Milne).

Wilson-Forbes first appeared on Saving Hope back in its first season in the episode “Bea, Again” and has since appeared in 13 episodes.

Relatively new to the acting game (5 years to be exact), Wilson-Forbes always had an interest in the craft.

“I’ve always loved acting. I like the magic, something that can touch people in a myriad of ways,” Wilson-Forbes said to Pop Goes the World in a phone interview.

Wilson-Forbes did some plays in high school and discovered that she loved entertaining people and making people laugh. Seeing the joy in people’s faces prompted her to continue acting.

While she didn’t go to theatre school, Wilson-Forbes said that being on the Saving Hope set has been an amazing training ground.

“As a new actor … you cannot get this kind of training anywhere else, you won’t find it coaching, auditioning, in classes. The only way you are going to get this kind of on-set experience is on-set,” she added. “There really isn’t a place where you can focus being on set and learning how to deal with your mark, your lighting, your place, finding the lens, those kinds of things. In the beginning, for the first couple of years, I was a sponge trying to figure out, listen and learn.”

Wilson-Forbes journey to Saving Hope involved six auditions before she finally booked the gig. By season 2, episode 1 Wilson-Forbes nurse character became Nurse Alice.

Of her role on the show, Wilson-Forbes described it as functional and technical to “support the realities of being in a hospital.”

But Wilson-Forbes has seen Nurse Alice move from just passing by or standing around to being a little bit part of the action like standing over a body, bagging a patient or handing over paddles.

Wilson-Forbes is so good at her role there is a recurring joke on set where cast and crew think she is a real nurse like when they believe she knows where the liver is on a patient in a scene.

Of the cast, Wilson-Forbes describes former cast member Daniel Gillies as really fun to work with, “he just makes me laugh” and Madhavji as very funny. On Erica Durance, she is one of the reasons why Wilson-Forbes feels so fortunate for the gig.

“I get to spend a lot of time watching Erica Durance, it is such a privilege. Erica Durance has so much responsibility, carrying the show and also producer duties as well. To see that level of stamina and her work ethic and her attitude; everybody feeds off of that,” she noted.

One of the most challenging episodes Wilson-Forbes had to film was season 4, episode 9’s “Shattered”.

“That episode the whole cast was there. That is not normal. That is a lot of people in one space, the trauma bay. It was challenging because there a lot of moving parts, everyone needs to get their lines in, lots of exposition that move the story along. There’s a lot of background [actors] that are laying on gurneys and paramedics moving around. A lot of props [being used] and beds are flying,” she said.

Wilson-Forbes added that Saving Hope is a very technical show to work on when it comes to handling all the medical equipment and ensuring that it all looks realistic and called the prosthetics used on the show as “amazing”.

As for favourite episodes, Wilson-Forbes says three come to mind. The first being the season 2 premiere where someone was brought in on a gurney to the trauma bay and it was an all hands on deck situation. “It was a lot of fun because everyone’s hands were trying to get in on this person.”

While “Shattered” may have been challenging to film, it was also one of her favourites because she got to work with her close friend Charles Officer, who directed the episode.

“[Officer] was someone I’ve known for a really long time, been in the business a really long time and to get to a place where we can work together is special for me. I look up to him, nice to experience that and watch him work and command was awesome,” explained Wilson-Forbes.

Her third favourite episode was the Christmas episode “Shine a Light”. In that episode, Wilson-Forbes had to do her dance like 20 times, which she believes was done on purpose. But it was the dancing that made making the episode fun.

For the scene, the actors had to dance to no music so that the dialogue could be heard. The challenge for Wilson-Forbes was matching the beat in her head to make sure she was engaging with Madhavji but at the same time she called fake dancing funny.

“I’ve already gotten text about the dancing,” she said.

Also, Wilson-Forbes got to wear a really awesome Christmas sweater in the scene, which was not as ugly as the one that Erica Durance sported in the episode.

Wilson-Forbes said that Durance was really excited to wear the sweater and showed off the fact it lit up to her, Wendy Crewson and Madhavji.

Another behind scene story of “Shine a Light” that Wilson-Forbes shared was having to wheel a cart filled with baked goods for the Christmas bake sale into the doctor’s lounge where Dana and Shahir were hiding out. But because the cart was so hard to maneuver, the scene was left on the cutting room floor.

Wilson-Forbes other credits include roles on Space Channel’s Orphan Black, where she also played a trauma nurse. Wilson-Forbes was in the season premiere of season 2 and the second episode playing a nurse that assists Helena (Tatiana Maslany) who has come in all bloodied. Wilson-Forbes calls working with series star Tatiana Maslany as amazing. “She has a lot of physical focus and discipline, she doesn’t break not even between takes. I love that intensity, it sets the tone.”

As for what’s next for Wilson-Forbes, she hopes to do some theatre in 2016 but is mainly concentrating on the screenplay for two projects. One is a psychological thriller about a woman who has seizures calling the script “intense that doesn’t play normally and there is a twist at the end.” The other project is a comedy to see if she can be funny.

And are we going to see Nurse Alice again? Unfortunately, Wilson-Forbes said that Nurse Alice isn’t in the rest of season 4 but hopes to be back if there is a season 5. “It would be a privilege to be back on.”

http://theworldgoespop.com/2015/12/18/m ... rse-alice/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes bts del final del rodaje de la S4 (09-10 Dic 2015):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@vlad_alexis: Saving Hope Xmas special is starting in an hour on CTV yo @shaquanlewis_ #SavingHope #CTV #Xmas
@HuseM: Season 4 finale done and we're.. Zombies!!!! Ahhhh!!!! #SavingHope #BloodyHands #BrainSurgery
@roseminm: BTS w 'Team SHALEX' in action! #filming #SavingHope #ericadurance #HuseMadhavji #actors #1DramaInCanada #CTV @saving_hopefp @thehuse
@shaquanlewis_: This Thursdays Christmas special . Tune in @ 10 on Thursday on CTV. Got a cool cameo to show y'all! Thank you #Savinghope s/o to the cast and crew on this set!
@MichaelShanks: That's a wrap on #SavingHope season4!!! Greatest crew. Cast is ok too Hanging it up. For now
@HuseM Elfing: around w #WendyCrewson for the #SavingHope holiday episode!
@BenjaminAyres: #SavingHope wrap party tonight folks!
@MichaelShanks: Handsome assh@lles #SavingHope Wrap Party
@HuseM And that's a (season 4) wrap!! #SavingHope
@elenakhanxox: #savinghope wrap party)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- SAVING HOPE "All About Alex" Clip:
https://amp.twimg.com/v/99a707da-e42b-4 ... 0ea35ebf16

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Saving Hope" probable renovación para una 5ª temporada:
Los fans de la serie de la CTV "Saving Hope" protagonizada por Erica Durance llevan haciéndose desde hace tiempo esa pregunta...

¿Habrá decido la cadena seguir apostando por la serie y la renovarla una temporada más?

Pues, al parecer, todo indica que sí.

La pista nos llega de la mano de SpoilerTV que afirma que los cástings para una 5ª temporada han empezado ya, esencialmente confirmándose la renovación de la serie durante una temporada más, aunque la CTV aún tiene que hacer oficial la misma.

Estaremos al tanto de la nota oficial en cuanto salga.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/12/saving ... eason.html?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ¡La CTV ordena oficialmente la S5 de "Saving Hope"!:
La CTV ordena oficialmente la S5 de "Saving Hope"
CWdEITmWoAAU1BR.jpg large.jpg

– Dieciocho nuevos episodios han sido ordenados para la emisión de la temporada 2016/17 por ICF Films y Entertainment One con la producción de la Season 5 prevista que empiece en la Primavera del 2016 en Toronto –
– Nuevos episodios de la actual cuarta temporada de SAVING HOPE regresan en un nuevo horario de los Jueves a las 10 p.m. ET/PT empezando el 7 de Enero en la CTV y la app CTV GO –
– El amor está en el aire para SAVING HOPE cuando la Season 4 concluya con una final especial de dos horas el día de San Valentín, Domingo, 14 Feb., empezando a las 8 p.m. ET/PT en la CTV y la app CTV GO –
– Los nuevos episodios de SAVING HOPE continuarán estando disponibles el día de antes de su emisión en CraveTVTM, con las tres primeras temporadas disponibles también ahora en streaming –

17 Diciembre, 2015

TORONTO (17 Diciembre, 2015) – La CTV ha confirmado hoy que ha ordenado 18 nuevos episodios de una quinta temporada de su serie original de éxito SAVING HOPE (@SavingHopeTV), de ICF Films de Ilana Frank y Entertainment One (eOne) para la emisión de la temporada 2016/17. El drama canadiense más visto de este otoño comenzará su producción en Primavera del 2016 en Toronto y verá la vuelta de los protagonistas de la serie Erica Durance como la Dra. Alex Reid y Michael Shanks como el Dr. Charlie Harris. La orden de la Season 5 llega cuando los episodios de la Season 4 está previsto que regresen en un nuevo horario de los Jueves a las 10 p.m. ET/PT empezando el 7 de Enero en la CTV y la app CTV GO. la temporada concluirá con un episodio final especial de 2 horas el día de San Valentín, Domingo, 14 de Febrero, empezando a las 8 p.m. ET/PT, y las dos horas emocionales y dramáticas culminarán con un impactante momento que los espectadores no querrán perderse.

“SAVING HOPE continía siendo una favorita de los fans y con una fuerte interpretación como ancla de nuestra parrilla de éxito de los Jueves y no tenemos duda de que su fuerza continuará a medida que la serie se dirige a su Season 5,” dice Mike Cosentino, Vice-Presidente Senior, de Programación de la CTV Networks y CraveTV. “Estamos deseando el ver una nueva temporada de este orgullo de éxito canadiense, con interesantes historias contadas a través de nuestro excepcional elenco.”

“Junto a eOne, estamos encantados por continuar nuestra éxitosa unión con la CTV quien ha apoyado desde hace mucho la serie y ha hecho un increíble trabajo compartiendo nuestras hitorias con los fans de todo Canadá. También estamos encantados de ampliar nuestra relación con ION en esta quinta temporada, que tiene una fuerta creencia el su potencial en U.A.,” dice el productor ejecutibo ICF Films.

El nº #1 de las series dramáticas de este otoño, SAVING HOPE está promediando actualmente 1.3 millones de especyadores en su horario del Jueves a las 9 p.m. en la CTV. Además es el programa canadiense más visto en las demos de adultos de este otoño, SAVING HOPE ha visto un... aumnento del 16% en la demo A18-34, así como un incremento del 63% por el F18-34 por enicima de su tercera temporada.

Regresando para la Season 5 de SAVING HOPE está la nominada al Canadian Screen Awards Erica Durance (SMALLVILLE) como la Dra. Alex Reid; Michael Shanks (STARGATE SG-1) como el Dr. Charlie Harris; la ganadora del Canadá Screen, Awards Wendy Crewson (BEAUTY AND THE BEAST) la Dra. Dana Kinney; Benjamin Ayres (LESS THAN KIND) como el Dr. Zach Miller; Julia Taylor Ross (ROOKIE BLUE) as Dr. Maggie Lin; Michelle Nolden (REPUBLIC OF DOYLE) como el Dr. Dawn Bell; Huse Madhavji (CALL ME FITZ) as Dr. Shahir Hamza; and Kim Shaw (THE GOOD WIFE) as Dr. Cassie Williams.

SAVING HOPE está de regreso en Enero con un nuevo episodio titulado “All Down the Line” (Jueves, 07-Enero 10 p.m. ET/PT en CTV y CTV GO). con la Dra. Dana Kinney (Wendy Crewson) de regreso de Prís, la Dra. Alex Reid (Erica Durance) enlista su ayuda para salvar a Lorenzo (Stefano DiMatteo, KILLJOYS), un jefe de cirugía con mal genio que sufre un cáncer oral. Su preocupación sobre el auto-tratamiento de su amigo rápidamente surge a la superficie, cuando su paciente se niega a recibir atención médica en favor de perseguir la inauguración de su restaurante. Mientras tanto, el Dr. Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks) tiene sus manos llenas haciendo malabares con el espítitu de una incansable madre soltera, mientras que trabaja en salvar su vida tras el accidente de un accidente en una casa del árbol. El episodio también cuenta con las estrellas invitadas de Stacey Farber (DEGRASSI: THE NEXT GENERATION) como la Dra. Sydney Katz.

SAVING HOPE está producido por ICF Films y eOne en asociación con la CTV, con la participación de la Fundación de Canada Media Fund y el Canadian Film o Video Production Tax Credit. ION Television en the U.S. también ha renovado la serie para una 5ª temporada para su serie.

SAVING HOPE está producido ejecutivamente por Ilana Frank y John Morayniss y co-producido ejecutivamente por Trish Williams, Noelle Carbone, y Patrick Tarr. Adam Pettle es productor ejecutivo y Showrunner. Todos los derechos de producción están manejados por eOne.

Para Bell Media, Carrie Paupst Shaughnessy , es productora ejecutiva, de Drama y Producción independiente; Tom Hastings es Director, Drama, y Producción Independiente; Corrie Coe es Vice-Presidente Senior de Producción independiente; Mike Cosentino es vice-presidente Senior, de Programación, CTV Networks y CraveTV; Randy Lennox es Presidente, de Entretenimiento y Emisión.

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/ctv-or ... ving-hope/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 4.11 "All down the line":
4.11 "All down the line" (07/01/16): Con la Dra. Dana Kinney (Wendy Crewson) de regreso de Paris, la Dra. Alex Reid (Erica Durance) enlista su ayuda para salvar a Lorenzo (Stefano DiMatteo, Killjoys), un chef con mal genio que sufre de un cáncer oral. Sus preocupaciones sobre el el propio tratamiento de su amiga (o la falta de) rápidamente emerge a la superficie cuando su paciente rehúsa a la atención médica en favor de continuar con la apertura de su restaurante. Mientras tanto, el Dr. Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks) tiene las manos llenas haciendo malabares con el espíritu de una inquieta madre soltera, mientras que trabaja para salvar su vida tras un accidente con una casa en un árbol casera.

http://www.thetvjunkies.com/saving-hope ... mo-photos/

- Stills del 4.11 "All down the line":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- "Saving Hope" 4.11 "All down the line" Promo:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stacey Farber sobre el viaje de 'Sydney' y su relación con 'Maggie' (thetvjunkies):
Stacey Farber sobre el viaje de 'Sydney' y su relación con 'Maggie'
Por Christy Spratlin | 06 Enero, 2016

Last season on Saving Hope viewers were introduced to Dr. Sydney Katz (Stacey Farber), a young, somewhat reserved doctor that was to oversee Dr. Maggie Lin (Julia Taylor Ross) in her obstetrical training. Viewers quickly realized that there was much more to Dr. Katz than what first appeared, and as she ventured through her journey to accepting her sexuality, she quickly became a fan favorite. Dr. Katz’s relationship with Maggie also drew lots of attention and many of fans were sad to not see Sydney back at the start of this season.

However, a bombing and a common patient has brought Sydney back to Hope Zion and we at The TV Junkies, along with viewers, are eagerly anticipating Farber’s return. We recently had a chance to talk with her about Sydney’s journey last season and about what’s to come on this week’s episode.

The TV Junkies: Before delving into this season, how did you feel about how everything played out last season with Sydney’s coming out?

Stacey Farber: I loved that storyline a lot. When I auditioned I actually didn’t know that that was what they had in mind for her, so it was all a surprise for me. I thought the writing on those episodes was brilliant and I was grateful to have the opportunity to play those scenes. They were just so deep, there were so many layers and it was such a great story. I loved it.

TTVJ: We were a little disappointed we never got to see Maggie and Sydney go their separate ways. What do you think happened between them?

SF: The coming and going initially wasn’t deliberate. I think the writers had something else in mind at the end of last season, but we had a lot of scheduling conflicts in real life so things changed. But that being said, I really like how it’s unfolding now because it seems more realistic to me. These are two young, hardworking women who are passionate about what they do for a living, so of course their careers and their studies are going to take them down different paths. As in real life, that doesn’t have anything to do with their feelings for each other or their connection, that’s just life, you don’t always get the chance to pursue the person that you’re attracted to.

TTVJ: Maggie and Sydney have a ton of fans, why do you think that it’s such a popular relationship?

SF: I hear from a lot of those fans on Twitter and I love that. I think it was because Sydney was introduced as Maggie’s new boss, so their was that angle that made it a little more illicit. And also Sydney coming to terms with her sexuality and Maggie being the one who encouraged her to rediscover herself. I guess there was just a lot to think about with their relationship and a lot of layers to it.

Julia and I met last year and have since become really good friends, so I think our chemistry, hopefully, comes across on camera. We have a lot of fun working together and we hang out all the time, so I think maybe that brought a little sparkle to the romance.

TTVJ: There is a noticeable difference in Sydney’s appearance this season. What can we attribute that to?

SF: I just attributed it to a year of her figuring out who she is on her own away from her religion and her fiancé and her parents and she’s been dating. Probably just looking at herself differently in the mirror. Clearly she went shopping and got rid of her glasses, but we didn’t want to make it too extreme. Clearly she’s taken a bit more of an interest in what she looks like. She’s likely becoming more confident with herself as a woman and even sexually or socially, and hopefully she seemed a little calmer as well, a lot less tense. I really wanted that to come across on screen as well.

TTVJ: Maggie seemed really happy to see Sydney when she woke up. Where do things stand between the two of them this episode?

SF: In the next episode Maggie has healed from her head injury and Katz is still there and they are reconnecting and they bond over a patient of Katz’s that Katz wants Maggie to get to know. It’s a special patient in Katz’s heart.

TTVJ: We don’t want to give away what is going to happen between Maggie and Sydney as the season continues, but if you got to choose, who would you pick for Maggie to end up with?

SF: If I had to pick someone for Maggie I would pick Sydney, but I’m biased. Otherwise I would say maybe nobody for a while. It depends when the show ends, when that sad day comes. I say this as a single person, but I think it would be nice if it didn’t matter who she picked, if a guy or a girl didn’t have to come in to her life to make her happy. I know those were things that Maggie was thinking about in the last episode, the thoughts of ‘What am I living for? Who am I living for? What’s my purpose?’–all of those questions. I think it would be great if she felt confident alone and didn’t need anyone else to make her feel fulfilled. If she could have her career and have her life and be solid in that, and get over the idea of needing romance in her life. She’s hooked up with a lot of people over the course of the show, so I think she’s chasing something and it’s just not delivering what she’s looking for.

TTVJ: Are you working on anything else right now?

SF: Last year I shot a pilot for a sitcom in the U.S. for NBC and that was really crazy. It didn’t get picked up and that’s why no one will ever see it, but it was a pretty wild experience. It was shot in front of a live studio audience and it was a lot of physical comedy. I’m sure you know what my resume is like, I have done some comedy, but to go from a medical drama to this type of comedy was a really big transition and a really cool thing to do. So I was busy with that. Then I did a movie in Montreal called Crossfire, it’s a TV movie. It hasn’t aired yet, but it will at some point and I’ll probably tweet about it when it does. Now pilot season is coming up, so I always go to LA and I’m packing up for that now. That’s the time of year when actors from all over the world go to LA to audition for all the network pilots. So I’ll be there auditioning for all the new shows.

TTVJ: Is there anything else that you’d like to add?

SF: It really is such a joy working there [Saving Hope]. They have such amazing fans who I imagine will be reading this. The Saving Hope set has an incredible energy. It’s really low key shockingly, and it’s comfortable and it’s fun. I’ve been lucky enough to work since I was 14, so I’ve been on many sets and this one really does feel special. I think it’s because the cast is a little bit older and they have partners or wives or husbands and a lot of them have kids, so they’re really settled in their own lives and at work they’re truly friends. I think that’s what comes across on the show and why people respond to it as much as they do. And they’re really funny, which you might not expect on a medical drama, but they like to laugh a lot and there’s a lot of laughter from the crew, so it’s a really great work environment.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes bts de la S4 de regreso tras el parón de Navidad (07 Enero - 04 Febrero 2016):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@StaceyFarber: New Saving Hope episode airs TONIGHT at 10-9c. See you soon! @SavingHopeTV @CTV_PR @SHWritersRoom #SavingHope
@StaceyFarber: I'm an excellent doctor. #modernmedicine Tonight at 10-9c on CTV new episode & more Dr K! @SavingHopeTV #SavingHope
@BenjaminAyres: My parents visited set this episode and this pic is on their fridge. #SavingHope @ItsMeKimShaw @juliataylorross
@dave_lester: Thank you 2nd AC for blocking out @ED_DURANCE on the @SavingHopeTV set! #ERlife #SavingHope)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 4.13 "Goodbye Girl":
4.13 "Goodbye Girl" (14/01/16): Una tranquila noche para el Dr. Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks) se vuelve caótica después de que la enfermera Kristine Fields (Nicole Underhay, MURDOCH MYSTERIES) aparezca en su puerta borracha. Después de que Kristine termine en un accidente de coche por conducir ebria, es la Dra. Alex Reid (Erica Durance) quien quiere saber qué ha pasado. Luchando por salvar su vida, Charlie y Alex deben trabajar juntos y poner sus sentimientos de lado para ayudar a Kristine, incluso cuando su espíritu hace todo lo que puede por entrometerse. Mientras tanto, una antigua paciente con sobrepeso de la Dra. Maggie Lin (Julia Taylor Ross) llega quejándose de que esyá teniendo un ataque al corazón, pero todos los signos quirúrgicos apuntan a una mala praxis médica y la carrera de Maggie se pende de un hilo mientras que lidia por limpiar su nombre y salvar a su paciente. En Urgencias, el Dr. Zach Miller (Benjamin Ayres) ayuda al Dr. Dev Sekara (Dejan Loyola) en su lucha con temas del corazón cuando tratan a un paciente con el corazón roto por heridas a causa de un martillo eléctrico tras una renovación que sale mal.

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/saving ... uary-2016/

- Descripción oficial del 4.14 "You Can’t Always Get What You Want":
4.14 "You Can’t Always Get What You Want" (21/01/16): Cuando un niño constantemente enfermo es admitido en el Hope Zion Hospital, la Dra. Alex Reid (Erica Durance) y el Dr. Jeremy Bishop (Peter Mooney) luchan por llegar al fondo de la larga lista de enfermedades del niño. A medida que continúan profundizando, sin embargo, todos los signos empiezan a apuntar hacia la madre, forzando a Alex y Jeremy a estar en la cuerda floja para conseguir la verdad. Mientras tanto, el Dr. Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks) trata a Davey Law (Alex Carter, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION), un maduro actor de Sci-Fi por una herida en el cuello, y en la sala la Dra. Maggie Lin (Julia Taylor Ross) se aferra al matra de “mejor seguro que responsable.” Pero cuando la víctima de un robo a mano armada le suplica que le saque la bala, la Dra. Dana Kinney (Wendy Crewson) ayuda a la acobardada Dra. Lin a re-descubrir los placeres y recompensas de la medicina compasiva. Este episodio de SAVING HOPE está dirigido por Michael Shanks y cuenta con la aparición especial invitada de la presentadora de ETALK Anchor Danielle Graham.

- Descripción oficial del 4.15 "Not Fade Away":
4.15 "Not Fade Away" (28/01/16): En un intento por llevar alguna normalidad a su creciente caótica vida, el Dr. Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks) decide ir todo el día sin usar sus “habilidades especiales.” Sin embargo, su juramento es puesto a prueba cuando un granjero supersticioso es admitido con una infinidad de heridas, forzando a Charlie a re-evaluar su decisión. Mientras tanto, temiendo el pronóstico de la Dra. Dana Kinney (Wendy Crewson) cuando es confinada en el hospital por su oncóloga, la Dra. Alex Reid (Erica Durance) organiza un viaje por carretera al norte a la cabaña de Dana para el festival campestre anual. Con la vida de la compañera de la universidad de la Dra. Dawn Bell (Michelle Nolden) Reba (Kristen Thomson, Away From Her) en un hilo tras haber sido picada por una araña, es el Dr. Zach Miller (Benjamin Ayres) quien ayuda a mantener la situación bajo control. Dirigido por Gregory Smith (ROOKIE BLUE, ARROW).

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Saving Hope" 4.13 "Goodbye Girl" Promo:

- Stills del 4.13 "Goodbye Girl" :

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Escritores de "Saving Hope" adelantan una importante prueba para Alex y Charlie (thetvjunkies):
Escritores de "Saving Hope" adelantan una importante prueba para Alex y Charlie
Por Bridget Liszewski | 14 enero, 2016

When we last saw Saving Hope, Kristine (Nicole Underhay) was inappropriately kissing Charlie (Michael Shanks), and sadly, Maggie (Julia Taylor Ross) was once again saying goodbye to Sydney (Stacey Farber). In this week’s episode “Goodbye Girl,” Kristine isn’t willing to let go of Charlie so easily and shows up drunk at his doorstep. After Charlie turns her away, she ends up in a drunk-driving accident and it’s up to Alex (Erica Durance) to save her, despite her confusion over what’s really going on between the nurse and her boyfriend.

Will she and Charlie be able to put aside all their feelings and save her? That’ll definitely be the main question at hand on Thursday night. The episode’s co-writers Noelle Carbone and Katrina Saville joined The TV Junkies to provide a closer look at the episode, as well as what lies ahead for the rest of Season 4.

The TV Junkies: First off congratulations on the Season 5 renewal news. Was the plan for the current season and how it plays out affected at all by that?

Noelle Carbone: It definitely was. We were writing Season 4 as if it were the last season. When we found out we were renewed, we cracked some celebratory beers and then immediately got to work completely overhauling the last few episodes of Season 4. Luckily for us, our fearless leader [showrunner] Adam Pettle is quick on his feet and cooked up a new killer ending that’s even better than the one we had. You guys are going to love it.

Katrina Saville: I will not comment on the above question, as I was brought in as a freelancer to help write with Noelle and then took off while we were shooting. However, I would like to applaud how elegantly Noelle is kissing up to Pettle here. (Slow clap)

TTVJ: You two co-wrote this episode. What’s that process like and have you written together before on a script?

NC: Katrina and I worked together on Rookie Blue, and that room, much like Saving Hope, was very collaborative in terms of the actual writing. This was the first time we co-wrote in an official capacity though. The process went like this: Katrina wrote excellent pages, very, very quickly, and I slowed everything down by being preoccupied with the episodes that came before ours. The beauty of co-writing with someone–especially with someone whose writing you love–is that every scene they send you is like the birthday present ever. “Surprise! It’s a hilarious, beautifully written scene that somehow also manages to be heartbreaking.” And then you do your best to return the favour.

KS: This is mostly correct. Though, I don’t think I wrote “excellent” pages. I wrote the easy way: with no regard to page count, fumbling my way through medical scenes, and writing whatever silly thing came to mind at 1 a.m. Noelle would then take my clumps of clay I sent her, which were molded into weird Yoda–like creatures, and chip away at them carefully with all her experience and talent and make beautiful Renaissance sculptures. Do you see what I did there? I just made a weird analogy attempt, which probably has you thinking about the statue of David and Yoda battling with lightsabers instead of giving you a clearer picture of our collaborative writing process–which was my intention. It’s because Noelle isn’t editing my answers. Basically, Noelle makes everything better.

TTVJ: There’s been some tension brewing with Charlie’s relationship with Kristine for a while now. How will things there come to a head this week and what does it mean for Alex and Charlie’s relationship?

NC: If you think Kristine stepped over the line in the last episode, she steps way over the line in this one. Charlie has a full life with Alex and their family. But Kristine only has Charlie. And because they share the same gift/curse, she’s going to fight like hell to stay connected to him. This episode is the first time we see how that conflict directly affects Alex. And it definitely rocks her world, especially when she finds out Charlie hasn’t been completely upfront with her about Kristine.

KS: This episode is a really important one for Alex and Charlie and highlights just how easy it is, even for solid couples, to lose their way a little. I’d like to think it’s an honest look at how sometimes there is no one to blame either, or no “bad guy” in a situation. Just people trying their best to get through life with the cards they’ve been dealt.

TTVJ: When Kristine is involved in the car accident, her spirit wants to crossover, but Charlie has a hard time accepting that. Why is that and what struggles will he face?

NC: Charlie is facing down one of the fundamental struggles of this series: what happens when a ghost wants something but the patient wants or needs something else? If Charlie actually did what Spirit Kristine wanted, he’d lose his license. But not heeding her wishes means he’ll have to face her spirit-world wrath. Plus on top of all this, Alex has to put her personal feelings on hold in order to give Kristine the best care she can. It’s a friggin’ mess.

KS: Yes, and I think Charlie also has a hard time accepting Spirit Kristine’s request because he believes there’s more to the story than Kristine is giving him. He’s not giving into her, or giving up on her, until he truly understands what’s going on with her.

TTVJ: Maggie has been very focused on her career this season, and it’s again at the forefront for her this episode when a patient accuses her of malpractice. Why was it important to throw this roadblock in her way when she just seems to be figuring stuff out professionally?

NC: Being singularly focused on achieving your goals comes at a cost. In surgical medicine it’s easy to lose sight of the fact that the O.R. “wins” you’re racking up are actual people. In this episode Maggie is so focused on how this mistake might torpedo her career that she forgets to treat her patient humanely. She’s so busy trying to protect her reputation that she ignores the real problem right in front of her face. This story was a way to remind Maggie that the people matter more than the medicine. I think all of our characters need to be reminded of that from time to time.

KS: I mean, isn’t that life? I know it’s mine. Just when I start to feel settled or stable in any capacity, life pulls a fast one on me. Why Maggie, specifically? Well, I could get really existential here on you… but instead I’ll chalk it up to the fact that I personally love writing for Julia, and the quirk and dynamic she brings to the table.

TTVJ: There were many fans that were sad to see Sydney (Stacey Farber) go last week. Was that a story decision or did scheduling issues and Stacey possibly being attached to other projects factor into that? What are your feelings on that relationship?

NC: Listen, no one was sadder to see Katz go than me. I love that character and what she brings to the ensemble–and what she does for Maggie. But I don’t make the call about who gets brought in and for how long and how the whole thing gets scheduled. Sometimes I wish I did. But then I remember that if they put me in charge of the schedule and budget, no one would know when they were working and we’d be bankrupt after the first week. I think my feelings on that relationship are well documented. (laugh)

KS: Noelle says she “laughed” there. But really she cried. Losing characters you love for reasons beyond your control sucks.

TTVJ: There’s an example of a DIY home renovation project gone horribly wrong in this episode. Truth time: which one of you hates HGTV and where do these more off the wall story ideas come from?

NC: I don’t know about Kat, but I actually love HGTV. In fact I stumbled into an enjoyable Tiny House Hunters marathon Monday night while surfing for the ‘Bama/Clemson game. The DIY Gone Wrong idea was inspired by a story I heard from one of our ER doctors. The real story was about two teenage boys who got into a nail gun fight while their parents were away. Note to self: don’t have boys. But in that version it was really hard to feel sympathy for their idiotic plight. So we changed it and made it a hopelessly romantic nerd who was trying to win back the love of his life via a home renovation–which is way more Saving Hope.

KS: Yep, Noelle brought this baby to the table. We were outside of the studio taking a walk and brainstorming (admittedly, I was climbing trees.) Noelle told me this story and I burst out laughing. Win for team…. Carville? Side note: not a huge HGTV fan, mostly because I’ve lived in my rented apartment now for a decade (no spinster jokes, please)–however, I will admit to my love of MasterChef Junior. Have you seen what those 8-12 year-old kids can do! It’s insane.

TTVJ: Zach (Benjamin Ayres) is working with Dev (Dejan Loyola) this week and we see him once again take on a mentoring position. Why is he so well-suited for that type of role and is that a trend we’ll see continue for him throughout the rest of the season?

NC: Watching Episode 405–the first time Dev and Cassie (Kim Shaw) work the ER with Zach–was really instructive for me. We’ve seen Zach struggle to process the loss of Joel and cope with his guilt surrounding Joel’s death. But the rookies weren’t around for that. They aren’t carrying around any of that baggage. They’re fresh-faced newbies with enthusiasm and optimism to spare and that’s like an antidote for Zach’s pain.

Plus Dejan and Ben are so lovely and funny together. And I have to give Dejan a special shoutout here. We give him some pretty ridiculous stuff to do and say, and he’s often the butt of the joke, but he’s always game and always delivers. So yes, we’ll definitely be seeing more of the Zach/Dev mentorship bromance.

KS: If you ask me, Zach is well suited for anything on the show. Drama, comedy, mentor, romantic interest… I’ve got a huge (totally professional) crush on Ben Ayres. And just you wait–he’s got some prrrrrretty sweet scenes coming up.

TTVJ: We here at The TV Junkies are very fearful for Dana’s (Wendy Crewson) fate this season and this week Alex is trying to still ensure that she’s not given up hope. Can you ease our fears at all and tell us if Alex’s pleas will be getting through?

NC: You don’t really want me to tell you what happens in the Dana and Alex story. You think you want to know. But you don’t. What I can tell you is that whatever happens, Erica and Wendy will have you in tears.

KS: Uh… like crying tears? Or laughing tears? I kinda want to know, too. I’m in the dark right now as well, people!

TTVJ: What can you tell us about where things are headed over the remaining 5 episodes of the season?

NC: We’re definitely continuing along our season arc path of “Alex and Charlie against the world”. The finale has some amazing twists and turns and a sensational ending. There’s also Dana’s battle with breast cancer, which will come to a head, and we’ll see what that does to her relationship with Alex. Plus we’ve got some romance cooking for Bishop (Peter Mooney), Cassie, Dawn (Michelle Nolden), Zach and Maggie–not all together, obviously. That’s a different show.

TTVJ: Anything else you’d like to add?

NC: Thank you for watching and if you have any complaints about this episode please send them directly to Katrina. Just kidding. Keep them to yourselves.

KS: Bring it.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 4.14 "You Can’t Always Get What You Want":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- 4.14 "You Can’t Always Get What You Want" Promo:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Michael Shanks sobre el dirigir y el nuevo enfoque de la serie (thetvjunkies):
Michael Shanks sobre el dirigir y el nuevo enfoque de la serie
Por Christy Spratlin | 21 enero, 2016

With the change of focus on this season of Saving Hope, Charlie’s (Michael Shanks) ghost seeing abilities have been taken to a whole new level. In the past they’ve been used to help patients fight for their lives, or to cross over to the other side when their lives had already been lost. But this season has seen Saving Hope introduce us to a whole different side of the ghost world, one in which not all of these ghosts want help, and where some of these ghosts haven’t been exactly honest about their intentions.

The show has also gone away from the Charlie/Alex (Erica Durance)/Joel (Daniel Gillies) love triangle that dominated most of the first three seasons, allowing the writers to open up their storylines and focus more attention on the stellar supporting cast. Although we loved the stories of those first three seasons, we can’t help but acknowledge that the changes this season have made for a significantly better show.

Series star Shanks stepped behind the camera and directed this week’s episode “You Cant’t Always Get What You Want,” so we thought it would be the perfect time to catch up with him. Read on for his thoughts on directing, how introducing a child into the mix has changed the show, the new ghosts and what’s to come for Alex and Charlie in Saving Hope‘s finale five episodes of Season 4.

The TV Junkies: You’re directing this week’s episode. How did that opportunity come about and how do they decide which episode you’ll get?

Michael Shanks: The decision of which episode to direct was sort of a happy accident this past year. I was originally scheduled to direct the fifth episode, but because David Wellington isn’t producing the show and is sort of freelancing, the fifth episode was a rare opening in his schedule where he could direct for us, so they came to me and asked if I wouldn’t mind bumping mine. Of course I didn’t mind bumping to get David to come back and direct for us. He’s all of our favorites. So I sort of got bumped further down the chain.

The way it comes up is sort of arbitrary in terms of who’s going to write it. You sort of get assigned a number and it just happened to be the slot that I fell into. In terms of directing itself, I asked them at the beginning of the show. I told them that I wanted to direct and they told me the hoops that I had to jump through. After a couple of seasons, and after directing a few webisodes in the second season, they gave me my first opportunity on this show last year and that went well so they offered me another one this year, and there will be another opportunity next year.

TTVJ: You’ve directed episodes on both Stargate and Saving Hope. What do you enjoy about directing and how hard is it to direct yourself?

SH: Directing yourself is a blessing and a curse in a lot of different ways. Obviously it’s easy because hopefully, you have a good rapport with yourself, because a lot of questions that actors have when it comes to their uncertainties about a shot, or when there’s a trust issue with a director about not understanding what their vision is or whatever. As the director you have the opportunity to have insight into that process so you know what shots are being done. The unfortunate aspect about it is given the fast turn around of television you don’t have a lot of time to watch yourself in playback to see if you like yourself, and to see if you like this take or that take and if it’s all meshing together when you’re involved in a scene. I think that’s the biggest detriment is that you have to sort of trust other people when they say that it looked good. When you’re in a scene you can usually tell if it’s going well or not, but sometimes for the composition and the gut feeling of it all it’s better to be behind the monitor and it’s hard to do that within a scene.

One thing I have found to be a little difficult is to direct another actor when you’re acting opposite of them. What you don’t want to do is make another actor self-conscious. When you’re in a scene with them you can’t really ask them to try something different or tweak their performance in a certain way because you’re standing right there and you start sounding like their acting coach instead of their scene partner. It just becomes a little bit tricky.

TTVJ: Charlie’s relationships with the ghosts have been different this year; they’ve even gotten a little hostile at times. What’s been the cause for that difference?

MS: Well I think that is kind of unfolding right now and I don’t know if we are going to get a clean answer to that by the end of the season. I know it’s a direction that they have been wanting to go for a while now. Charlie has always had this very saccharine relationship with the ghost. They were always well-intentioned and somewhat honest to a large degree and there wasn’t much opposition or antagonism from them.

With the Tom Crenshaw character (Rookie Blue‘s Travis Milne) they finally found one that wasn’t well-intentioned and was a little more malevolent. They wanted to find a way to introduce an element that was a little bit darker. Now the reasoning for that I’m not exactly sure. I have an idea, but I don’t really want to say what it is and lead you in the wrong direction, but there will be a darker element creeping into the remainder of the show–not necessarily with every ghost or every character, but there’s certainly going to be a dark cloud starting to appear in the ghost world.

TTVJ: Last week Kristine (Nicole Underhay) was in an accident and ended up in a coma. Have we seen the last of her this season?

MS: Um, I would say not. Yes, I’ll just say that I don’t think so.

TTVJ: How has she changed Charlie’s feelings about his abilities?

MS: The way that that storyline kind of kneaded out was a little bit odd, and I’m still trying to come to terms with what it was all about. I think her story is a bit of a cautionary tale for Charlie. It’s sort of a parallel person that has this same ability but went down a different path, a more self-destructive path. He has the opportunity to choose to go down that path or not, and she is demonstrative of an alternate route that he could have taken and still could.

TTVJ: If Charlie does have a brain tumor, how will he react to that and the possibility of removing it?

MS: I think that despite his protestations throughout the show over whether or not this is a curse or a blessing, I think Charlie would consider it more of a curse with all the grief that it has caused. But I think when faced with the idea that removing this tumor could take away his ability to do that, he’s always been a little bit torn. He likes the positive aspects of the ability where he can help people, but he’d like to lose the negative aspects of this ability. So he’s got to face that right then and there.

TTVJ: Do you think Charlie could ever go back to a life happily where he no longer sees ghosts?

MS: I don’t know and that’s one of those theoreticals. I don’t know if happily is the right term for it. I think that given his reverence for the people in his life and given his reverence for the idea of continuing his own life is probably what will make that decision for him. It would be dumb for him to say ‘No, I’m going to keep this ability and then die pretty soon’ or ‘I’m going to lose it and live a longer life.’ I think the thing that got me the most when it came to that decision-making is because he is a father now. When it comes to those decisions you’re not just deciding for yourself anymore. I think that that was a major element in storytelling that I insisted go forward. You know, despite his own selfishness he’s got to think of those other people and put that child’s interests first.

TTVJ: The writers have said they wrote this season as if it were the last, and then had to adjust when you got the renewal. Did that affect Charlie’s story going into the last five episodes?

MS: I think most definitely. You’ll sort of see it as the rest of the season plays out. I’m not sure entirely what their intentions were and where they wanted to finish things up, but I definitely think that whatever was going to happen to the character–his fate–they put a tint in it.

TTVJ: Alex and Charlie have been pretty solid all season, but is there any chance of some more romance coming up for those two? We haven’t really had a lot of romance anywhere on the show this season have we?

MS: Yeah, I can’t say that I miss it too terribly much. I know that there is a portion of our audience that really likes that element of that show, and we have skewed so heavy to that in the past that there is almost the expectation of that popping up. I think the main part of it was that with the introduction of the child aspect to the story that it really sort of paints you into a corner. The bed hopping, romantic entanglement–at least between Charlie and Alex–can become very precarious. Once there’s a child involved, and there’s two people in a committed relationship, the harder decisions have to be made and it can’t just be airy-fairy.

I think for the remainder of the season we aren’t going to see much in the area of romantic entanglements for Charlie and Alex, but for the other characters we will see that amp up a bit. I think by getting rid of that love triangle aspect on the show they have given themselves some breathing room for some great storylines for the other characters. And the show has become better because of it.

TTVJ: We know a lot of fans are hoping for a proposal (between Alex and Charlie) by the end of the season. What can you tell us of the chances of that happening?

MS: I think there’s always a chance. Given the stakes that are being upped in the storyline there is certainly a possibility of it. I won’t give any guarantees, but when drama ramps up a little bit with personal health and all that, feelings sort of get more and more raw. So I won’t take it off the table.

TTVJ: Are you working on anything else right now?

MS: I’ve just started a Hallmark Channel movie that is supposed to be airing in the springtime I believe. But that will probably be close to it for the break because we go back to filming Saving Hope in mid-April, so there’s not a lot of time to do other stuff this year.

What do you think about the changes this season on Saving Hope? Have they been for the better? Sound off with your comments and what you hope to see in the final five episodes this season in the comments below!

http://www.thetvjunkies.com/saving-hope ... interview/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- SAVING HOPE - 4.15 "Not Fade Away" Promo:

- SAVING HOPE - Stills del 4.15 "Not Fade Away":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Lois Lane (Erica Durance)”