Noticias de Laura Vandervoort/Kara

Foro dedicado a Laura Vandervoort que interpreta a Kara.

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, porre, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: Noticias de Laura Vandervoort/Kara

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "TED", nuevo proyecto para Laura Vandervoort:
La actriz Laura Vandervoort se ha unido al elenco de la película "Ted" para Universal Pictures del escritor-director Seth MacFarlane.

La historia se centra en John (Mark Wahlberg), un hombre maduro que hizo un deseo cuando era niño de que su osito de peluche cobre vida, lo cual sucede. Ahora el osito, cuya voz será la de Seth MacFarlane, aún sigue viviendo con John y se ha convertido en una mala influencia deslenguada para él. Laura Vandervoort interpretará a una guapa compañera de trabajo de John, que ni siquiera se ha dado cuenta del hecho de que cada hombre con el que se encuentra babea por ella.

Seth MacFarlane hará su debut como director con Ted, trabajando con un guión que co-escribió con Alec Sulkin y Wellesley Wild.

Aún no se sabe cuándo empezará la producción de la película.

Ted se estrenará en las carteleras en el 2012 y está protagonizada por Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, Giovanni Ribisi, Joel McHale, Patrick Warburton, Jessica Stroup, Laura Vandervoort. La pelñicula está dirigida por Seth MacFarlane.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/ted-adds-laura-vandervoort

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/supergi ... lanes-ted/

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Laura Vandervoort – The Bees Knees (thisneedstostop.com):[/b]
Laura Vandervoort – The Bees Knees

We are so excited to have been able to catch up with the incredibly busy and talented Laura Vandervoort. For those of you who don’t know who Laura is we will give you a moment to climb out from under your rock.

Laura is a seasoned veteran and has been in everything from Road to Avonlea to The CW’s Smallville where she played Kara Kent / Supergirl. As of late, she has been working along side Seth McFarlane and Mark Whalberg in the new movie “Ted”. If her impressive resume wasn’t enough to make you envious, her down to earth personality and jaw-dropping beauty should do the trick.

Born and raised in Toronto, Laura now calls LA her home away from home – but she will never stray too far from her Canadian roots.

Here you have it! Our interview with Laura.

This Needs to Stop: In 1997 we were reading Goosebumps but you were hard at work on set of the TV show. How did you end up in the business at such a young age?

Laura Vandervoort: Well its really not an exciting story. The earliest memory I have of wanting to be an actor was when I was about seven years old. The movie ‘My Girl’ came out. It was the first time I had seen a movie at that age that had so much depth and emotion. It affected me. First time I ever cried during a movie. It made me want to explore that world. Provoke emotions. I was shy, a tomboy and always silly so it seemed like an odd choice but why not. I got into the business around the age of 13 with no knowledge of how it worked and started doing background work on Canadian series and then a few commercials. To help, I took some scene study classes and trained outside of school between classes and martial arts training. Suddenly I got my first speaking role on the TV shows Goosebumps and Are You Afraid Of The Dark. Eventually I found myself on a Canadian series for 4 years. Some Disney movies and guest star roles on TV shows came along and then things started to finally ‘take off’ as I was cast in Smallville. It’s been a long journey and I have seen myself make many errors on camera….but its the best way to learn and grow. I continue to want to challenge myself with roles people wouldn’t expect from me.

TNTS: After Goosebumps you moved onto the popular show Are You Afraid of the Dark? Rumour had it they would put out the fire at the end of the show with blood. Any truth to this?

LV: Hahahah, no idea. That sounds to me like a tale to scare us little Canadian kids.

TNTS: You had a great run as Kara aka Supergirl on Smallville. What was the best part about playing a Superhero?

LV: Kara Kent/Supergirl was and still is very close to my heart. That role really allowed me to explore my fears on camera and try new things. It was terrifying stepping onto that set and into those red boots and miniskirt. I had grown up watching it on and off and was intimidated enough working with Tom, let alone playing an iconic superhero. I still remember my first day onset. Four producers stood around me in the hair and makeup trailer examining the hair, makeup and wardrobe. I was terrified. The best part would have to be the fans that I made during my time as Kara. Scifi fans are incredible. Attending Comi Con and other scifi conventions allowed me to meet them and talk to them. The feedback they gave would always be helpful. And the great thing is when i moved on to other movies or TV series they seemed to stick with me. I really do appreciate their support in what I do.

TNTS: Going to Comic-Con is a given when you work on a show like Smallville. What was the best pick-up line ever used on you there? (We can only assume there have been some gems)

LV: There haven’t been any pickup lines. But there have been a few tattoos. lol.

TNTS: You have not only been in several episodes of Family Guy, but now have been cast in Seth McFarlane’s new movie “Ted”. What does it feel like to be hand picked by one of the funniest guys in TV, and what has it been like working with him?

LV: Yes I was lucky enough to do three episodes of the Family Guy. Smaller characters but still a lot of fun to go into the booth and work with Seth. ‘Ted’ has wrapped now but was amazing to work on. I play “Tanya” one of Mark Wahlbergs co-workers at a car rental shop. The movie also has Patrick Warburton, John Veiner and Mila Kunis. The entire cast was fantastic and again I couldn’t believe I was truly working with them all.

TNTS: Who have you met that has left you the most starstruck?

LV: I’m really still getting used to seeing some of these actors in person. Mark Wahlberg was my first real crush hahaha. Had his poster in my room. So that was pretty cool for me. Also working with McG and Tom Hardy in “This Means War” was amazing. I had just seen Tom in the movie ‘Bronson.’ He is really such a talented actor. McG has done some really great films and was such a great energy as a director on the set. Also I worked with Ray Liotta on a film recently called ‘The Entitled.” That as you can expect was incredible. He is so intense when he is onscreen. Amazing to work with.

TNTS: We get the feeling (and maybe it’s just wishful thinking) that Canadian actors working in LA are all friends with each other. Is this true?

LV: Well not that far off to be honest. I’ve realized LA is a very small place when your in this industry…sometimes too small. Its not always healthy how small it is. I do know several Canadian actors and we all seem to share this ‘Canadian-Bond’ but its not like I’m hanging with Pam Anderson or Mike Myers. There are a few Canadians I wouldn’t mind knowing hahaha but perhaps one day.

TNTS: Which Canadian actor/actress would you like to work with?

LV: Rachel McAdams!!!!

TNTS: Which awards show has been the most fun to attend?

LV: Hmmm, I recently was able to attend the “Green Lantern” premiere. That was an experience. A big event plus another Canadian superhero there to support. I went with a friend of mine so that made it a lot of fun.

TNTS: What is your all time favourite movie?

LV: Wow. Hard to really pick one. Im a fan of the Tim Burton-esque style movies. I love dark-humoured or just horror films in general. “Death Becomes Her” is a classic. But on the other side of the spectrum I also love “Tootsie” and “Kramer Vs. Kramer.”

TNTS: What is playing on your iPod right now?!

LV: Lately i’m listening to the “Moonlight Mile” Soundtrack. I have “Love Will Come Through” by Travis and “I’ll be your lover” by Van Morrison on high rotation. Incredibly moving and romantic songs. Sad….but romantic.

TNTS: You were living in Vancouver but now you spend your time between Toronto and LA. What do you think is The Bees Knees in both of those cities?

LV: I finally settled into a place here in LA. I had been avoiding committing to LA for a while. But I finally bought furniture….just wanting a dog. Badly. A husky! I travel between Toronto and LA now. Not so much Vancouver. Smallville and ‘V’ were both shot in Vancouver. Now that they are both over i just jump between LA and Toronto to see my family…lately Boston too for ‘Ted.’ I’m still trying to find what it is about LA that’s the “Bees Knees” but i have to say i have discovered a few hikes (Runyon Excluded) that take me out of the city and make things simple and quiet. Allow me to sit with my own thoughts. Thats fantastic and needed here in LA. Toronto obviously is home. My family and good friends whom have all started their lives live in Toronto, (Lindsay and Dave i’m so excited for you guys.) It will always be home. So thats the ‘Bees Knees’ for Toronto.

http://thisneedstostop.com/2011/07/25/l ... ees-knees/

- Laura Vandervoort se une a twitter:
La actriz al parecer ha decidido que era el momento oportuno para unirse a las últimas tecnologías y ha abierto una cuenta en la conocida red social: @LVandie

Así es que ya sabéis... ¡ya podéis seguir a vuestra Supergirl favorita! :wink:

- Actualizado: Desgraciadamente, a los pocos días, Laura se disculpó públicamente y anunció que abandonaba su cuenta, ya que no sentía que fuera algo para ella.

- Detalles y reserva de la película de Laura Vandervoort "Entitled":
Paul Dynan (KEVIN ZEGERS) es un decente, e inteligente joven de 24 años. También es parte de una generación de jóvenes que han trabajado duro y se han graduado en la universidad con altas esperanzas – sólo para descubrir que en la economía actual, las certezas del pasado se han ido.

Sin el trabajo que quiere o el futuro con el que soñaba, Paul planea el crimen perfecto para restaurar el balence. Extorsionará la fortuna de tres hombres saludables (RAY LIOTTA, VICTOR GARBER, STEPHEN MCHATTIE)—amigos de toda la vida, quienes tipifican una clase de sociedad que hizo sus millones cuando las cosas iban bien — mediante el rapto de sus perfectos hijos de la Ivy League (LAURA VANDERVOORT, DUSTIN MILLIGAN, JOHN BREGAR).

Durante el transcurso de una larga y oscura noche, Paul mantiene retenidos a los hijos ricos esperando el rescate de tres millones de dólares sin la más mínima idea de los secretos antagonismos que están resurgiendo venenosamente entre los padres cuando se ven forzados a elegir entre su sangre y su dinero.

Paul es ayudado por dos jóvenes nihilistas (DEVON BOSTICK, TATIANA MASLANY) a quienes ha arrastrado a su ingeniosa web con el cebo de la destrucción y la infamia.

Escrita por: William Morrissey y Dirigida por: Aaron Woodley

La película será lanzada el 6 de Septiembre del 2011.

Puedes hacer la reserva aquí:

http://www.amazon.ca/Entitled/dp/B00596 ... 805&sr=1-1

- Laura Vandervoort será la voz de Mary Jane en el próximo videojuego de Spiderman:
Laura Vandervoort será la encargada de dar voz a la valiente Mary Jane Watson en el próximo videojuego ‘Spider-Man: Edge of Time’.

El videojuego, cuya fecha de publicación está prevista pata el 4 de Octubre y que ya ha sido presentado en el SDCC de este año, es el primer papel de Laura como doblaje. La historia trata con la mezcla de líneas temporales entre dos diferentes Spider-Men: The Amazing Spider-Man y Spider-Man 2099. Le corresponde a ambos el parar esta gigantesca disrupción en el tiempo, y en el proceso salvar a sus mundos, y en ellos... a los que aman.

Podéis ver un video en el que Laura habla sobre cómo ha sido este trabajo:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-11 ... the/718831

- Primeros datos sobre "Desperately Seeking Santa":
"Desperately Seeking Santa" es uno de los últimos trabajos de Laura Vandervoort para la televisión. Se trata de una película de 86 minutos de la que ya tenemos los primeros datos:
Imagen
- Sinopsis: Jennifer, una joven y ambiciosa ejecutiva encargada de promociones en un centro comercial de Boston en decadencia, se le ocurre un ingenioso truco promocional para salvar su lugar de trabajo y una posición para sí misma de avanzar: celebrar un concurso del "Macizo Santa" para reemplazar al viejo Santa del centro comercial. David, un hombre de la localidad que está intentando salvar la pizzería de su familia, gana al final el premio y las chispas saltan entre él y Jennifer.

- Elenco: Laura Vandervoort, Nick Zano, Paula Brancati, John Bregar

- Dirigida por: Craig Pryce

- Escrita por: Writer Michael J. Murray

http://www.muse.ca/en/desperately-seeking-santa.aspx

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Now Playing: La Estrella Más Sexy de North York - Laura Vandervoort (New York Post):
Now Playing: La Estrella Más Sexy de North York - Laura Vandervoort
Por Adam Nayman, Septiembre 2011

Han pasado cuatro años desde que Laura Vandervoort apareció como la prima con super poderes de Clark Kent, Kara, en Smallville, un papel que la hizo familiar a millones de fans de la franquicia de Supermán del siglo 21. Pero sólo ha pasado un mes desde que la actriz de 27 años decidiera, como otras muchas estrellas canadienses antes que ella, ir al este - y al sur - a Los Angeles. A través del teléfono, Vandervoort admite que le gustaría que su antiguo vecindario de North York fuera transportado a la ciudad de los ángeles. “Esa es mi niñez. Ahí es donde solía pasear a mi perro. Los Angeles tiene un ritmo de vida mucho más rápido y es un poco más abrumador — echo de menos un poco la tranquilidad.”

No suena como si Vandervoort hubiera tenido mucha tranquilidad en el pasado año. Además de grabar la segunda temporada de V en ABC — donde ella memorablemente interpreta a unas hermanas gemelas Visitantes — terminó tres películas que deberían estrenarse este otoño. Además de un cameo en un video musical del director-productor del llamativo McG This Means War, Vandervoort tiene un papel escogido en Ted del cerebro de Family Guy, Seth McFarlane, el cual ella dice que le dio una rara oportunidad de entrenar su faceta cómica. “Tiene un montón de humor frenético, lo que nadie me ha visto realmente hacer.” Dice que está también excitada por compartir escena con Mark Wahlberg, de quien admite que tuvo un encandilamiento desde sus días de chico malo a mediados de los 90, en el thriller Fear. “También trabajé con Reese Witherspoon este año,” dice riendo, “y estaba pensando que debería haber hecho que ambos me firmaran mi DVD de Fear.” Vandervoort dice que el cambio de televisión a las películas es parte de su carrera, siempre que sea en sus propios términos. Eso es por lo que está equilibrando las producciones en Hollywood, como This Means War y Ted, con proyectos locales como la próxima The Entitled de Aaron Woodley, que fue grabada en Parry Sound.

“Va sobre esos tres degenerados sin amigos que deciden secuestrar a los chicos populares de su escuela,” dice Vandervoort, quien añade que está ahora esperando poder hacer un papel de chica mala. Ella está más interesada en extender su talento que en ser encasillada, ya sea en el de encantadora rubia o en el tipo de chica de ciencia ficción. Su mayor imperativo, no obstante, es seguie conectada a su hogar. “Siempre quiero trabajar con directores Canadienses,” dice. “Si tuviera que escoger entre dos grandes guiones, pienso que intentaría apoyar la industria canadiense.”

http://postcity.com/North-York-Post/Sep ... test-Star/

- EXCLUSIVA: Laura Vandervoort Habla Sobre The Entitled (movieweb.com):
Actress Laura Vandervoort is no stranger to fans of genre TV fare such as Smallville, where she played Supergirl, and V, where she took on the alien role of Lisa. Fans of this gorgeous Canadian actress will see her in a completely different role in The Entitled, which was released on Blu-ray and DVD September 6. The actress took time out of her schedule to speak with me about her role in this new thriller, where she plays one of three socialite children who are kidnapped for a hefty ransom by Kevin Zegers' character (Dustin Milligan and John Bregar portray the other kidnapping victims). Here's what she had to say below.

Can you talk a bit about what really drew you into the character of Hailey and the movie itself? It's a very intriguing kind of kidnapping thriller.

Laura Vandervoort: Well, I had wanted to work with the director, Aaron Woodley. He's a great Canadian artist, and I had never really done a role like that before. A lot of the stuff I had done in the past was playing superheroes or extra-terrestrials (Laughs). Initially, I had wanted to play a weaker character, someone who needed to be saved, not someone who was doing the saving. I found her interesting. She wasn't just a rich snob, as the movie goes on, you see that Hailey has her own issues that she's dealing with.

Were any of the other cast members signed on when you first heard about this?

Laura Vandervoort: I believe, when they sent me the script, they had Kevin (Zegers) and Ray (Liotta), so obviously, that sparked my interest. I have always admired Ray Liotta's work, and Kevin is another amazing Canadian actor. When I heard Victor Garber and Stephen McHattie were all attached, that really sealed the deal for me. I had two full days with those guys, doing a scene, and just watching them perform, and how good they are with improvising, it was amazing. Victor really impressed me. He's such an incredible actor. He always stays in character, he's a genuinely nice person. Obviously, Ray Liotta did intimidate me (Laughs), but then I realized he's a really great guy as well. He had a lot of fun joking around with the crew and everything. It was fun.

You mentioned earlier that you hadn't really played a character like this before. What kinds of things would you do to get yourself in the right mindset to play Hailey?

Laura Vandervoort: Honestly, we were asked that for the behind-the-scenes, and it's funny, for those of us who played the rich, irritating, snob characters, we just joked around and said we went around and spent a lot of money and were assholes to people, demanded things (Laughs). You can't really prepare for that kind of thing. You just have to be as unlikable as possible. The great thing about Hailey is that she's actually a redeemable character, once you get past the veneer, the surface of the money and her clothing and her partying ways. She's actually a good character, and it actually brings her and her boyfriend's character together as well. Before they really took each other for granted. But no, there's really no preparation. We were running through the woods for a good portion of it, so I would go to the gym and work out, and the next day we would be running and doing our scenes, because we were the ones being chased.

Can you give us a sense of a normal day of production on this? Was the production fast-paced and was it a serious set or did they keep it fairly light?

Laura Vandervoort: We did this film in a very short period of time. I know there were days where we felt that maybe we don't have enough time, but I felt they really got the best performances out of everyone. Aaron, the director, kept it really cool on the set. When there were very serious scenes, Aaron and the crew were all really respectful of the actors to take their moments to get into it. But, in general, it was a younger cast, the six younger characters, and we all knew each other, in different ways, all being Canadian, so it was a lot of fun. There was a lot of kidding around. There were a lot of night shoots, so you get a little silly and goofy when you aren't getting that much sleep. Overall, Aaron was so great with us, and he knew how to talk to the actors. I've seen the film and I think for the time we had, and with the script we had and the actors, it really turned out well.

Especially with a movie like this, of course it would be great if there was more money or more time, but I think it's cool to see something that does work with those limitations.

Laura Vandervoort: Yeah, exactly. It challenges the actors involved to be as creative as they can with what they are given. Oftentimes, it makes it even better. There are these blockbuster movies that have four months to shoot and a huge budget and they took time with every scene. We really made it gritty and sometimes we didn't have that many takes, so it was very realistic. There maybe was some stumbling of dialogue or somebody trips while running, but that's real, and that's what makes it really cool.

Can you talk about shooting this in Ontario?

Laura Vandervoort: I'm from Toronto, and we shot a lot of it in Parry Sound, actually. We needed the wooded areas for the chase scenes, and the houses and the gas stations, things like that. Again, it's a small community and we're all put up in this hotel, so it did bring the crew and the actors together. On weekends we were all able to hang out and walk around the town, things like that.

Is it cool filming in a smaller town like that, as opposed to a bigger city like maybe Vancouver? Does the community embrace the production even more so?

Laura Vandervoort: The people from Parry Sound were really great to us, very welcoming and willing to be a part of it. I've done a lot of filming in Vancouver, and Vancouver is an incredible place to shoot, but it is a bigger city. You don't get as much freedom to shoot wherever you want.

Can you talk a bit more about working with your director, Aaron Woodley? He's an up and coming director with a few movies under his belt. How would you compare his style to other directors you've worked with in the past?

Laura Vandervoort: I'm still working with different types of directors. A lot of times, doing Smallville or V, you work with the same directors and you don't really get to meet a lot of different types of directors. With Aaron coming from the family and background that he comes from, and having seen his independent artistic movies, I felt he really understood the actors, as opposed to making this specific type of film and doing what he's told. He really got creative with it. Sometimes you feel that directors are above you, in a way. They don't really relate to you. I felt that he really came to our level and experienced it with us. He was always a part of what we were doing, sitting with us at lunch, and everything. I had seen one of his films called Rhinoceros Eyes, and that's kind of what hooked me to the movie in the end. There were all these actors attached and then I saw this film and saw how creative he was. He's just creative and artistic. A lot of times you work with directors who just do what they're told and go by the book, you know. He sees it in another way.

You have a few big productions coming up like Ted and This Means War. I was wondering if you could talk about those movies and the characters you play?

Laura Vandervoort:Ted was a lot of fun for me. We just wrapped that in Boston about a month ago. It has Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis as the two leads, and I played Tanya. I work at the car rental shop that Mark Wahlberg works at. I call it a guys movie. Seth MacFarlane directed it and its his kind of humor, that Family Guy type of humor. I was honored to do most of my scenes with Mark and Patrick Warburton, whose another great comedic actor. This is kind of my first chance to improvise and be goofy and be silly. My characters are usually sci-fi, which is very strict and stick to the dialogue. Seth gave us the freedom to do what we wanted. My character Tanya, other than Mila, is one of the only girl characters. Her role is she's the heart of the car rental place. All the guys are silly and goofy and Mark needs some advice on his relationship with Mila. Tanya is always there to roll her eyes at what the guys are saying, and giving him actual good advice.

Seth is voicing Ted as well. Were you in any of those scenes where we'll hear his voice in the movie?

Laura Vandervoort: Well, Ted is in some of the scenes that I'm in. Whenever Ted has dialogue, Seth, from behind the monitor, would do the dialogue for us. It's going to be really, really great. The script is amazing and he's so funny, and I was in awe working with Mark, but I managed to somehow still get my dialogue out (Laughs). I also have a little cameo in a movie coming out next year on Valentine's Day called This Means War, with Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine and Tom Hardy. That was a lot of fun. I shot that while I was finishing up V. Then I have a Christmas movie on ABC Family this year called Desperately Seeking Santa. It's a cute, fun, romantic Christmas movie, and I recently voiced Mary Jane in the new Spider-Man video games.

Sounds like you're definitely keeping busy. Is there anything that you're looking to jump on in the near future?

Laura Vandervoort: There are always things that I get really excited about, and the minute you want a job, it's that much more difficult to reach. There are a few things that we're hoping will happen, an action film we're hoping to work on, and I've always wanted to do a Western. A period piece, I still want to try a bit of everything.

I'm a huge Western fan. I wish they made more of them.

Laura Vandervoort: I know, I know. I'm hoping, one day, like a Quick and the Dead cowgirl movie.

What would you like to say to anyone who is curious about The Entitled about why they should pick it up on Blu-ray or DVD?

Laura Vandervoort: Well, first, the cast is so incredible. If you love thrillers, if you love movies that have a little more depth to them than just the blood and the gore, then you'll enjoy this because it has pretty much every element to it. There is romance between my character and Dustin, there the cliques you get in high school, the thriller of the ransom to the fathers, and there's a huge twist I don't think anyone will see coming. It's a good, fun film, and if you're Canadian or want to support the Canadian industry, this is definitely the film to do it with.

Great. That's about all I have for you, Laura. Thanks for talking to me. It was a pleasure.

Laura Vandervoort: Yeah, thank you. I appreciate it.

You can watch the lovely Laura Vandervoort in The Entitled, which is currently available everywhere on Blu-ray and DVD.

The Entitled was released September 6th, 2011 and stars Ray Liotta, Kevin Zegers, Dustin Milligan, Laura Vandervoort, Victor Garber, Devon Bostick, Stephen McHattie, Tatiana Maslany. The film is directed by Aaron Woodley.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive- ... e-entitled

- Laura Vandervoort se une a la campaña de PETA contra el uso de pieles animales (peta.org):
La actriz Laura Vandervoort se ha unido a la campaña de PETA contra el uso de las pieles animales. Con el cuerpo pintado como un lagarto, la Supergirl de Smallville está llamando la atención sobre que los reptiles se conviertan en accesorios de moda bajo el lema: "Whose skin are you in?" ("¿En qué piel estás metido?").

Apareciendo en la campaña como un majestuoso lagarto, Laura nos recuerda lo bellos que son los reptiles en sus hábitats naturales —y que ahí es donde pertenecen. Los lagartos pueden vivir más de 33 años en libertad, pero son matados por sus pieles y son normalmente golpeados en la cabeza o se les perforan las espinas dorsales tan pronto como alcanzan su "tamaño de mercado".

En una entrevista exclusiva con PETA, Laura dice, “Mucha gente piensa que los reptiles no sienten y lo hacen. Pienso que todo el mundo debería tener en mente lo que están comprando y si realmente les merece la pena.”

Conocidas marcas como Victoria's Secret, H&M, Overstock.com, Cole Haan, y Nike han firmado la petición de PETA para prohibir la venta de pieles exóticas.

- Imágenes de la campaña:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Video de la campaña:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... CBv3uIZ18I

Más información en: http://www.peta.org/features/Laura-Vand ... ou-In.aspx

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Laura Vandervoort tiene nuevo proyecto: "Broken Trust" (lauravandervoort.org)
Laura Vandervoort tiene un nuevo proyecto, la película "Broken Trust" del director Ron Oliver, que se está rodando en este mismo momento en Vancouver.

Aún no hay detalles del proyecto, pero lauravandervoort.org nos ha ofrecido las primeras imágenes BTS de la actriz:

Imagen Imagen Imagen

http://lauravandervoort.org/2011/11/lau ... ken-trust/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Laura Vandervoort Invitada en el London Film and Comic Con 2012 (lauravandervoort.org):
Laura Vandervoort será una de las invitadas de la próxima "London Film and Comic Con 2012", que se celebrará durante los días 6 – 8 de julio del 2012 en el Olympia Hall London.

Laura aparecerá el viernes, sábado y domingo. Laura firmará autógrafos y se hará fotos con los fans el sábado y el domingo. Los precios son:

Autógrafo: £15
Fotografía: £15

Página oficial: http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/
Foro oficial: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/ind ... opic=72522

- Laura Vandervoort Habla Sobre Desperately Seeking Santa (movieweb.com):
Laura Vandervoort Habla Sobre Desperately Seeking Santa
Por Brian Gallagher 23 de Noviembre, 2011

ABC Family is getting into the holiday spirit with their Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas programming, which will include the new holiday movie Desperately Seeking Santa starring Laura Vandervoort and Nick Zano. The movie debuts on Sunday, November 27 at 8 PM ET, and actress Laura Vandervoort recently held a conference call to discuss this Christmas movie, which centers on an ambitious marketing executive and her quest to find a new Santa for the South Boston Mall. Here's what Laura Vandervoort had to say below.

Do you like doing comedy?

Laura Vandervoort: Yes, I mean I started working when I was about 13 and I really just started doing more mainstream television on sci-fi doing Smallville and V so that's kind of been my world for a while-the sci-fi world. But recently, since V's ended, I've had a chance to do some feature films and really kind of mix it up for myself doing Ted and This Means War and then obviously Desperately Seeking Santa was a romantic comedy and I had never had the chance to do that. Obviously I relate more so to Jennifer Walker then my other characters, which were aliens and flesh-eating lizards, but it was a lot of fun to film and it was in my hometown. I just finished a Lifetime film and having Ted come out next with Mark Wahlberg, I'm just trying to do new things and comedy seems to be a lot of fun for me.

There were rumors out there that when you were in Smallville, there was talk about you possibly having a spin-off show, a Supergirl spin-off show. Was there any truth to those rumors?

Laura Vandervoort: Well, Season 7 in Smallville is when I kind of came onto the show. I was actually just a guest star at the beginning doing two or three episodes and I guess the reaction to Kara, my character, was great and they decided to keep me around and I did all of Season 7. I did hear rumors about a spin-off. For some reason, that sort of never came about and unfortunately we didn't get a chance to kind of test out those waters. But there were discussions about that and then obviously, I moved onto V and just did some returning guest stars on Smallville.

Desperately Seeking Santa is such a fun twist on that money miser Christmas theme. When you first read the script, what did you like about it most?

Laura Vandervoort: Honestly, the fact that she was human was a small portion of the reason I chose to take it because I'd been playing so many out of this world characters, which is a lot of fun to do, but it was nice because I actually felt like I related to Jennifer more than the other characters. She's a bit of a workaholic like myself and I tend to forgot to have fun sometimes because I am so serious and much like Jennifer. In the film she learns that it's not all about working hard and being focused. You can actually have fun and relax and I had a chance to do on this film. It was the first role where I really thoroughly enjoyed the process. We were laughing. We were improvising. We were being silly. The smiles in the film are all real. It was just a great cast and I was finally able to relax. So it's sort of ironic that what my character went through was sort of what I was going through, which is just learning that it's not all about work. But, it has been a great year for me and the work has been fantastic and now I'm learning to just really enjoy it.

Do you have any favorite Christmas traditions?

Laura Vandervoort: I do. I'm going home this year. I'm from Canada and I just moved out to L.A. on my own, so I'm looking forward to going home. Every year, both sides of my family - my mom's side and my dad's side - we do kind of family reunions and we see the grandparents and all the cousins get together. So that's nice, but really the tradition I enjoy the most is just having a fire with my parents. This year, we're going to our cottage up north and there's snow and we have deer that come right up to the door, so it's like a pretty beautiful Christmas. We're lucky. Much like the movie, as we get older, it's not about the presents, it's about the fact that you don't get to see your family as much as you'd like, especially in this industry. For me, I'm traveling alone a lot of the time, so it's really special for me now more so than ever to be with my family and also my mom's broccoli casserole.

It seems like your character might be a little bit of a Scrooge, so I was curious how your own feelings about Christmas differ from Jennifer's and how they're similar.

Laura Vandervoort: Actually, it's funny that you put it that way because while we were filming it, I said to one of our producers, Irene (Dreayer), Jennifer Walker's pretty much the Scrooge in the film and I've never really played a character that people hate or want to hate. So that was kind of fun for me and obviously, she learns her lesson and that sort of thing.

How is your attitude about Christmas like hers?

Laura Vandervoort: Oh, I love Christmas. Who doesn't love Christmas? In the last interview, I was just saying how much I enjoy spending time with my family and really just reconnecting and having the fireplace going and the music going. I think it's a great time in the year to just be thankful for everything that you have.

A lot of people, like we've said before, know you from your sci-fi work and that's obviously a totally different genre. What did you learn from those two series that you've been able to apply here and how different was it on this set?

Laura Vandervoort: All of the sci-fi projects I've done, even all of the other projects-it's a growing process and a learning experience. I started at 13 and didn't have a clue about how the industry worked or whether I could handle it. And then with every role I took, I was learning something new. So on the big shows like V and Smallville, I just I was trying to understand how to work the dialogue and just learning from the other actors and understand the hours that you'd have to work and really kind of holding that discipline. But, on this film, it wasn't as serious and it was more about just really letting yourself shine through and enjoying the process because sci-fi can be very serious, especially with V, we didn't show emotion. So this film was a huge transition for me being about to just be silly once the character realizes what Christmas is about and she develops a bit of a personality. It was nice and to do these romantic scenes, it was a change for me and it was a lot of fun and it shows a different side of me. I've been doing some other movies this year that are comedic. I have Ted coming out next year and This Means War, which McG directed and we were able to improvise. And I just finished a thriller for Lifetime two nights ago. So, I'm trying a little bit of everything. I want to try it all.

What was it like working with Nick Zano in Desperately Seeking Santa?

Laura Vandervoort: It was great. We got along really well and I think the producers were happy with the chemistry. It was pretty easy. We both have similar personalities-joking around on set and I was lucky the rest of the cast was fantastic. Because we shot it in Toronto, I ended up knowing a lot of the actors that were cast, my friend, John Bregar and Paula Brancati. So it was just a nice atmosphere on set. Everyone was just being silly. There was one night when I think it was the final scene where Nick Zano's character is performing on stage as Santa and it was like 3 AM or something like that and those of us who weren't in the scene were dancing around behind the monitors. It was just a nice crew and a nice feeling shooting that movie.

What was the hardest scene to film?

Laura Vandervoort: I could joke and say the hardest scene to film was when my character Jennifer auditioned all the hunky Santas and I just had to sit there and watch all of these handsome actors in front of me. But, that was an easy part of the job. Actually, they were all pretty enjoyable. I mean, just technically speaking, a lot of the walk and talk scenes are a little tough and we were in a mall that was not closed to the public, so we did have to stop often for actual shoppers making noise. But, it was a pretty seamless shoot. It was a lot of fun.

Have you been approached about doing another V miniseries, perhaps to follow-up because the season finale was so epic and I know a lot of your fans would love to see you return as Lisa at some point. Has there been any talk about that at all?

Laura Vandervoort: No, I haven't been approached or heard anything about that. I know Project Alice is trying to get us back on the air, but no there hasn't been any discussion. When it ended, it ended. We didn't hear from the producers again about it. And a lot of the actors have moved on to other projects, though we keep in touch when we can. It would be nice to sort of wrap that storyline up a little more, but haven't heard anything.

Are there a particular actors that do the comedic/drama thing that you draw influences from?

Laura Vandervoort: There are a few. I haven't really thought about that before, so it's a great question. I mean, even the serious actors like Meryl Streep have these great comedic moments. Ryan Reynolds, funny enough, he has a dry sense of humor and I feel like a lot of Canadians have that dry sense of humor or that's what I'm being told out here anyways, in L.A. Rachel McAdams, there's a ton of really serious, great actors and actresses who do these little comedic films or independent films or have that flash of comedy. So, I don't think I could even really list off the ones that I draw from. I'm just inspired by any serious actors who try to do the comedic side of it because comedy is, I think, one of the toughest things to do.

It's such a great time of year when you can turn on the TV and almost any given night from here on out be treated to a Christmas movie. So how do you find that Desperately Seeking Santa both fits in and stands out from the other holiday movies that are coming on TV every year?

Laura Vandervoort: It fits in, first of all, because it's a great family film, but it's also a very romantic, sweet story between these two very different people. She is the Scrooge of the film and she's very focused on making it up the corporate ladder and she doesn't realize what's right in front of her, which is true love and family, which she doesn't have. It's unique because it's just this kind of almost comedic take on it as well. There's a lot of laughs and we sort of laugh at ourselves in the film. Obviously, we have Nick Zano, who's wonderful, and a lot of the other Canadian actors. It's just a young, new cast and it's our kind of take on a modern Christmas love story.

Are there any Christmas movies that stick out to you as favorites or ones that hold a special place in your heart?

Laura Vandervoort: Yeah, I have the classic White Christmas and because I'm a Tim Burton fan, The Nightmare Before Christmas, which is an off choice, but I've always enjoyed that. There was a clay animation film that I liked growing up called The Abominable Snowman. It was a clay animation film. There are definitely films that I'd want to watch every Christmas that bring me back to my childhood.

Aside from the romantic relationship between David and Jennifer, I really liked all the scenes with you and Paula Brancati (Marissa in the movie) and how it was really about friendship and family as well as the romance. In the final product, what was your favorite part as far as the friendship between you and your co-workers?

Laura Vandervoort: I really enjoyed working with Paula. I knew her beforehand. She was on Degrassi: The Next Generation and I was on Instant Star so we sort of shared the same crew and set. We get along really well so a lot of the scenes that we got to do that were kind of the silly friendship scenes were a lot of fun and the fact that my character Jennifer sort of turns on her was tough. But, I mean, I don't think that I had a favorite scene between her and I. I just liked the development of the friendship. It was just fun to play.

You mentioned Ted, the movie that's coming out with Mark Wahlberg. Can you give us any information on that?

Laura Vandervoort: Sure, it was directed by Seth MacFarlane. He does Family Guy. It was his directorial debut. It has Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis and Patrick Warburton in it. Mark Wahlberg plays a character who has no friends growing up so he makes a wish that his teddy bear would come to life and it does. And then as he becomes an adult, he still has that teddy bear with him. He works at a car rental shop and my character works at the car rental shop with him. So, I had a lot of my scenes with Mark. It's just kind of a really funny comedy-kind of that potty humor. I don't really know what to compare it to. It's kind of a guy's movie, but it was a lot of fun. I think it's going to be really great.

Would you say that this ABC Family movie prepared you for Ted?

Laura Vandervoort: I guess I would say doing Desperately Seeking Santa kind of made me confident in doing a bit of the more comedic stuff and being silly and being more like myself. By the time that we got onto the Ted set, I'm sure it helped, but they were completely different characters. My character on Ted was sort of a guy's girl. Like she can hang with the best of them and throw back the comebacks at the guys. Whereas Jennifer in Desperately Seeking Santa, she was independent and strong as a corporate woman, but when it came to relationships, she was naïve. So the characters were completely different. It was different types of comedy. But I do enjoy doing the comedy and improvising.

You've been working very hard since you were pretty much a kid in this industry. If you could somehow travel back in time to when you were just starting out and give yourself some advice, what would you tell your younger self?

Laura Vandervoort: I would probably tell myself to try to enjoy it a little more and not take it so seriously. That it will all come together and that you don't know everything yet-you're still going to discover new things about yourself and about this world so just hang tight.

The character Jennifer is this big marketing exec who really has a lot of ambitions and I was wondering what took away from working on the film as far as the world of the business person and the high stakes marketing stuff. Like is that something that you would ever want to be a part of? Were you able to learn about how the stresses they go through or what was that like?

Laura Vandervoort: Yeah, I'd never want to be a part of that. That's something I think I already knew, but the corporate world is-I don't think it's for me. I just finished playing a lawyer, so it's fun to play them and to try out new careers through film and television, but I don't think I'm cut out for the corporate world. I think I'm just going to stay where I am for now.

You had mentioned that when they filmed the movie, they did not close the mall to the public. How was that experience? Was it different from shooting on the studio sets or was it really not that big of a change?

Laura Vandervoort: Oh yeah, it's completely different. I mean, all three of the series that I had worked on have been in the studio and rarely go on location. In V itself, I was on green screen the entire series, pretty much. So to actually be out on location shooting a film, especially in a mall that isn't shut down, I mean, it adds to the experience. It does take a little longer to shoot. You do have people watching and noises and that sort of thing, but it's part of the experience when you're on location. We were on location two nights ago in Vancouver on my last project and it's just a completely different experience and you're outside and there's other film crews down the street shooting another movie and people are kind of interested in the industry, so they're watching. It just adds to the experience.

Why should viewers tune in and watch Desperately Seeking Santa?

Laura Vandervoort: Well, if you love Christmas films and you love sort of that warm feeling watching them-your heart feels joy and you want to sit there with family, this is a great film. It's also if you're a true romantic at heart, it's a beautiful kind of love story. It has all the aspects. You've got the Scrooge, you've got Santa, you've got Santa's helpers, which are all the other characters in this film and then on top of it all, it is a beautiful love story with a splash of kind of comedy and humor to it. It was a lot of fun to film, so I think it would be a lot of fun for people to watch.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/laura-vand ... king-santa

- Laura Vandervoort se mete en el espíritu familiar con ‘Desperately Seeking Santa’ (examiner.com):
Laura Vandervoort se mete en el espíritu familiar con ‘Desperately Seeking Santa’ (examiner.com)
Por Danielle Turchiano 25 de Noviembre, 2011

You know Laura Vandervoort as strong, driven women from genre television shows like Smallville and V, but her latest project, an original made-for-TV holiday movie on the ABC Family network will show her in a much softer light. As Jennifer, a mall marketing executive who masterminds a new “Hunky Santa Show” in order to win a promotion up to corporate, in Desperately Seeking Santa, Vandervoort is still strong and driven, but she is also about to embark in romantic comedy territory when she starts to fall for the new Santa in town, working class family guy David (Nick Zano). Vandervoort previews her new holiday role right here.

On making the transition from genre to Christmas queen:

“One of the reasons that I really enjoyed it was the fact that I hadn’t done one before! Obviously I love working with ABC, but I just thought it was a really cute Christmas movie, and I’ve done a lot of work that maybe not all ages can watch, but this was kind of cute, and I always like playing strong women, but this one more can watch. And she’s kind of quirky, and I’m a sucker for romance, unfortunately, so this kind of touched me.”

On how and why Jennifer gets into the Christmas spirit:

“You don’t know a lot about why she is the way she is other than she’s just driven to work hard, and she doesn’t have family. For her, it’s the relationship with her boyfriend Neil, they both want to succeed and do well, but obviously, the whole moral of the movie was that she realizes it means nothing if you don’t have someone you truly love…And she realizes she’s better off with people who really love her than with these suits who don’t really care about who she is or what she went through, just work.”

On auditioning lots of potential hunky Santas-- behind-the-scenes and on-screen:

“I think we were cast around the same time. I wasn’t involved in the casting process. I believe Nick was pretty much becoming attached when I was…He was great to work with, and that scene was fun to film. I’m not gonna lie; it was a pretty easy day at work!”

On the quintessential holiday moment Vandervoort found in Desperately Seeking Santa:

“This was the first film for me that I basically just-- I think I learned how to relax on set and enjoy myself and not be consumed with work. We laughed a lot on this movie, and not necessarily Christmas, but the idea of joy and finding what joy is, there was a scene at the finale where Hunky Santa is dancing and all of the reindeer are on stage, and it was three a.m., the crew was tired and giddy, it was a big dance number with loud music, and myself and our AD, we were kind of dancing around behind the camera to the music. That was really fun. It was just like everyone was having a good time and everyone was positive. It’s not necessarily a Christmas scene, but it was representing what the time stood for, which is having fun with people that you love and enjoy.”

On being envious of the girls who get to dance with Nick Zano on stage in the mall:

“No! No, I’m happy to not have to dance on camera. We did have a nice little dance around the carousel in the middle [of the movie], but that was more my pace. I was happy to not have to do the big dance numbers.”

On the Christmas classics Vandervoort still watches to this day:

“There was a Christmas movie growing up that was done in clay animation…I think it was the Abominable Snowman, that I grew up on. And I love Tim Burton, so his Christmas one, where he learned the meaning of Christmas-- I love watching those kinds of Christmas movies with my family when I go home, so this one will be fun, not cringing as I sit with my parents.”

http://www.examiner.com/tv-insider-in-l ... king-santa

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Próximas asistencias de Laura Vandervoort a Convenciones 2012:
- "London Film & Comic Con", 6-8 Julio 2012, Olympia Grand Hall (London)

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

- "Wizard World Chicago Comic Con", 9-12 Agosto 2012, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center (Chicago)

http://www.wizardworldcomiccon.com/home-ch.html

- "Montreal Comic Con", 14-16 Septiembre 2012, Palacio de Congresos (Montreal, Canadá)

http://www.montrealcomiccon.com/

- "Flirteando con Laura Vandervoort", Cineplex Magazine (feb 2012):

http://lauravandervoort.org/wp-content/ ... tlight.pdf

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Laura Vandervoort asistirá al Dallas Comic-Con (supermansupersite.com):
La alumna de Smallville Laura Vandervoort estará entre las estrellas invitadas que aparecerán en el 2012 Dallas Comic-Con que tendrá lugar en Irving, Texas.

Entre las otras celebridades que está previsto que asistan junto a Vandervoort están Adam West ("Batman" TV Series, "Family Guy"), Patrick Stewart ("Star Trek: The Next Generation", "X-Men" Trilogy), Val Kilmer ("Batman Forever", "The Saint") y Kristanna Loken ("Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines", "Mortal Kombat: Conquest").

El "2012 Dallas Comic-Con" tendrá lugar en el Irving Convention Center el Sábado, 19 de Mayo y el Domingo 20 de Mayo.

Para más información o compra de tickets: http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/dcc.html.

- Confirmado: ¡Laura Vandervoort, estrella invitada en "White Collar"!:
Desde el pasado día 13 surgieron los rumores de la posible aparición invitada de Laura Vandervoort en el éxito de televisión de EEUU "White Collar", protagonizada por Matt Bomer y TimDekay, entre otros, como conecuencia de la foto de la actriz con una fan en el set de la serie que hizo que se despertaran todas las alarmas.

Pues bien, hace apenas unos minutos "Just Jared" ha confirmado la noticia, ofreciéndonos unas imágenes de la actriz junto a Matt Bomer en el rodaje que probablemente despertarán la envidia ("sana") de más de una persona... :wink:

Podéis encontrar las imágenes en la sección de fotos de Laura Vandervoort AQUÍ

Fuente: Just Jared

Un representante de la serie estadounidense la ha contado a TVLine que Vandervoort interpreta a una celebridad de New York City que va a recibir una gran suma del seguro médico de su marido tras su muerte. El contexto de dicho beso, sin embargo, sigue siendo un misterio que deberá ser resuelto cuando el episodio de Vandervoort se emita unas cuantas semanas después de que se inicie la 4ª temporada, que se estrenará el 10 de Julio, aunque esto parece posicionarla como la segunda relación amorosa de Neal.

De acuerdo a esta información del cásting del episodio, parece ser que el papel de Laura podría ser el de "Sophie Covington":

WHITE COLLAR, Episode 404
Director: Robert McNeill
Writer: Alexandra McNally
Shoot/Start Date: 4/12-4/20

[SOPHIE COVINGTON] (Female, 30's) Classic beauty. She is Grant Covington's (a Wall Street titan) widow, and has inherited a large sum of money. She is often the subject of gossip magazine articles. She is very wealthy and donates huge sums to charity. 8 scenes. Guest star.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/white- ... -call.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Laura Vandervoort, nuevo papel en la serie "Haven" (TVLine.com):
Laura Vandervoort, nuevo papel en la serie "Haven"
Por Matt Webb Mitovich y Megan Masters 30 de Agosto, 2012 11:44 AM PDT

La alumna de Smallville Laura Vandervoort ha conseguido un nuevo papel en un arco de dos episodios en la serie de Syfy "Haven". En los episodios 12 y 13 de la temporada 3 (que se estrena el Viernes, 21 de Septiembre a las 10/9c), Vandervoort interpretará a una muy inteligente y bella mujer que regresa a Haven para el último ciclo de Trouble. Así, su visita no será pacífica; en su lugar, es llevada al borde de la locura por la pérdida de un ser querido.

Laura interpreta a Arla, la mujer de James Cogan (aka The Colorado Kid) — un buen truco ya que han pasado muchos años y ella se ve... bueno, como la veinteañera Laura Vandervoort. la actriz describe a Arla como alguien quien está “fuera por venganza” pero también es “una verdadera romántica que ha sido herida.” La fría buscadora de venganza que hay en ella, promete mostrarle a los fans “alguian a quien no me han visto interpretar antes”. Arla juega un papel importante en algunas cosas de las que están pasando, mientras que Audrey debate su suerte/cita con The Barn.

http://tvline.com/2012/08/30/laura-vand ... iere-date/
http://tvline.com/2012/12/13/castle-sca ... side-line/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Primeras informaciones y plot sobre la película navideña de Laura "Finding Mrs. Claus":
La cadena Lifetime emitirá su ciclo "It’s a Wonderful Lifetime", en el que se estrenarán diez películas originales de la cadena, que contarán con grandes nombres entre sus filas.

Una de estas películas será "Finding Mrs. Claus", protagonizada por Laura Vandervoort y cuyo plot será el siguiente:

"Cuando Mrs. Claus (Mira Sorvino) se siente abandonada por su menos que atanto marido (Will Sasso), se va a Las Vegas para ayudar a una niña pequeña con su deseo de Navidad. Pro cuando Santa lo descubre y la sigue a Sin City para hacer las paces, pone la Navidad en peligro cuando las cosas no van como las tenía planeadas".

http://lauravandervoort-forum.blogspot. ... voort.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Sinopsis oficial de la película navideña de Laura "Finding Mrs. CLaus" que se emitirá en Lifetime el 2 de Diciembre del 2012:
"Una madre soltera ( Laura Vandervoort) está tratando de darle a su hija (Aislyn Watson) la mejor Navidad posible (mientras que trabaja en un casion en Las Vegas y vive en una caravana). Ella lucha con las cargas financieras y sus extensas horas de trabajo para darle a su hija todo lo que puede. Mientras tanto, una abandonada Sra. Claus (Mira Sorvino) abandona a Santa (Will Sasso) y termina en Las Vegas determinada a conceder el deseo navideño de una niña pequeña (Aislyn Watson) que busca un marido para su madre soltera (Laura Vandervoort). Santa se dirige hacia la 'ciudad del pecado' en busca de la Sra. Claus pero se cruza con varias personas – algunas atrevidas y algunas agradables...''

"Too depressed to pull off Christmas after a frustrated Mrs. Claus walks out on him, Santa's elves believe a little R&R will help get the big guy back on track. However, instead of taking him on a relaxing holiday, they take him to a place where the concentration of naughty people is off the charts - Vegas. As Santa aka Kris navigates all that Vegas has to offer, which includes a Santa convention, he crosses paths with numerous people (most notably a struggling single mom and her daughter) who remind him that Christmas just wouldn't be the same without him."

http://www.lauravandervoort.com/news-feed.aspx
http://lauravandervoort-forum.blogspot. ... claus.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Según ha informado TVLine.com, los capítulos de "Haven" en los que aparece Laura Vandervoort serán los dos últimos de la temporada y se emitirán el 14 y el 21 de diciembre.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Cubicle Warriors", nueva película para Laura Vandervoort:
Recientemente se ha dado a conocer que Laura protagonizará una nueva comedia canadiense, cuya fecha de estreno se espera para el 2013, y que lleva por título "Cubicle Warriors."

La producción de la misma ha empezado recientemente.

Sinopsis: Una comedia sobre dos amigos graduados en finanzas que se embarcan en una loca misión de parar a un banco de inversiones de cerrar un acuerdo fraudulento que involucra préstamos para estudiantes.

Director: Jeff Stephenson
Escritores: Adam Bradley, Robert Budreau
Elenco : Laura Vandervoort (como Jessica), Michael Seater (como Neal), Alan Thicke (como Peter Hoss), Joe Dinicol (como Isaac), Grace Lynn Kung (como Diane), Brandon Firla (como Pistol Pete), Dan Lett (como Dick Wadkins), Adam Bradley (como Chuck), Nicholas Campbell (como Howard Ramsey), Jamie Lyle (como un trabajador de la oficina).

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2437712/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cubiclewarrior1
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cubicl ... 09?fref=ts
Productivity Media website: http://www.productivitymedia.com/#!home/mainPage
Página web oficial: http://www.bankstasmovie.com/index.html

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/a ... edy-389504

ACTUALIZADO: La película ahora se llamará "Bank$tas" y se estrenará en USA el 18 de Abril del 2014.

Podéis ver la nota de prensa oficial:
http://www.ramascreen.com/banktas-starr ... diekins22/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Laura Vandervoort nuevo papel en 'CSI: NY' (TVLine.com):
TVLine ha informado que Laura Vandervoort será estrella invitada en un episodio de la serie de la CBS "CSI:NY" como Macy, una joven que acaba de salir de prisión después de cumplir dos años por posesión de una propiedad robada. Macy declaró durante todo su juicio que ella era inocente y, ahora que está fuera, está sedienta de venganza hacia el novio que la dejó sujetando la bolsa, sin importarle las consecuencias.

Vandervoort, quien este año hemos posido verla en White Collar y Haven, aparecerá también el próximo domingo en la película de Lifetime "Finding Mrs. Claus".

El episodio se emitirá el 18 de enero.

http://tvline.com/2012/11/28/csi-ny-sea ... l-convict/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Laura Vandervoort Levanta un Infierno en la Final de "Haven", luego Busca Venganza en "CSI: NY" (TVLine.com):
Laura Vandervoort Levanta un Infierno en la Final de "Haven", luego Busca Venganza en "CSI: NY"
Por Matt Webb Mitovich 16 de enero, 2013 05:00 PM PST

Imagen

Laura Vandervoort ha sido una chica mala.

Habiendo interpretado a la Supergirl de Smallville y apenas cortarse sus (reptilianos) dientes como una malvada de V, la actriz esta semana es una villana en dos papeles distintos de TV, en el postpuesto final de dos episodios de la Temporada 3 de "Haven" en Syfy (Jueves empezando a las 8/7c) y en "CSI:NY" de la CBS (Viernes, 9/8c).

HAVEN ENVIADO
En Haven, Vandervoort interpreta a la esposa de James Cogan Arla, quien ha mantenido su esencia juvenil via, no, not la de Kiehl, sino “skinwalking.” Vendiendo a Arla como alguien que “la audiencia ha estado esperando a conocer,” Vandervoort sabe que el personaje está “ahí buscando venganza” pero, más en el punto de, es “una verdadera romántica que ha sido herida.”

“Va sobre amor para ella,” explica Vandervoort. Recolectando un poco de historia pasada, dice, “Arla quería estar con James, pero entonces los problemas empezaron, así es que su suegra [Lucy] de alguna manera la traicionó y se marchó con su hijo, sin mí. Así es que he salido para hacérselas pagar a Audrey y para conseguir a mi marido” — si, como ella sospecha, James está en el Granero cuando inminentemente se re-materilice.

“Idealmente en su mente, las cosas serán perfectas si él puede regresar y Audrey puede marcharse,” añade Vandervoort. “Ellos pueden vivir felices para siempre.” Uh-huh.

Pero en el nombre de skinwalking y para convencer a otros (notablemente Audrey) que acepte su “reunión” soñada, Arla necesitará mancharse bastante las manos. “Ella es definitivamente un personaje que la gente no me ha visto interpretar antes, porque es tan oscura y retorcida,” comenta Vandervoort. “Soy una gran fan de ese tipo de personajes femeninos con muchas facetas, pero también de todo lo de Tim Burton. me encanta lo oscuro.”

Vandervoort se acercó mucho a volverse orcura en "V" de ABC, cuando la feroz homónima extraterrestre de Lisa fue introducida en lo que resultó ser el final de la serie. “Las cosas se estaban poniendo realmente interesantes para mí cuando terminó,” se lamenta. “Y realmente no conseguí hacer mucho de eso en Smallville, porque era una chica buena.”

En el tópico de la "habilidad" especial de su personaje de Haven,” le preguntamos a Vandervoort cuál piel le gustaría tomar prestada. “¡Eso es un poco perturbante” empieza, riéndose. “Pero si en en términos de, habilidad y talento, me gustaría cambiar la piel — o, llamémoslo ‘lugares’ — con Emma Stone, o Meryl Streep. Y sólo porque creo que tiene un cuerpo increíble, Jessica Biel.”

CSI ♥ NY
Interesantemente — y una pura coicidencia de tiempo — Vandervoort también adopta diferentes “looks” como estrella invitada en el capítulo de esta semana "CSI: NY", interpretando a una recién liberada convicta llamada Macy Sullivan.

“CSI ocurrió cuando regresé de rodar la comedia independiente Cubicle Warriors,” dice. “Macy fue a la cárcel durante dos años, y cuando sale, busca venganza — igual que Arla — contra alguien que se la jugó.”

Además de compartir escenas con el protagonista de la serie Gary Sinise, Vandervoort consiguió el cambiar su apariencia (¡y luego más!) como Macy. Incluyendo uno que evoca a cierta famosa mujer, “Tengo tres looks distintos en el episodio,” declara, “así es que fue muy divertido para mí.”

http://tvline.com/2013/01/16/haven-seas ... oort-arla/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Laura Vandervoort, presentadora en los "Canadian Screen Awards":
Se ha sabido que Laura Vandervoort será una de las presentadoras en los premios "Canadian Screen Awards" que se celebrarán el 3 de marzo y que serán retransmitidos por la CBC a las 8 pm ET, junto a otros actores conocidos por los fans de Smallville como la anteriormente anunciada Erica Durance y Stephen Amell, entre otros.

Podéis ver el anuncio AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Kara(Laura Vandervoort)”