Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arr

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Entrevista con Dylan Neal de Arrow (greenarrowtv):
Entrevista con Dylan Neal de Arrow
Por Craig Byrne 04 Marzo, 2014

The PromiseTo a generation, he was “Deputy Doug” on Dawson’s Creek. For your mom, he is hunky newspaper editor Jack Griffith on the Hallmark Channel’s Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove. For a fan of Arrow, though, Dylan Neal is the nasty Dr. Anthony Ivo, who makes a return appearance in tomorrow night’s episode, “The Promise.”

We spoke with Mr. Neal at a recent Hallmark Channel event about juggling the nice guy role on Cedar Cove with his role as the baddie in Arrow’s island flashbacks.

“You know, I’ve done that my entire career. I probably do 50 percent bad guys, 50 percent good guys, and all that changes is the age over the years,” he laughs. “But it’s fun to be able to do that. I consider myself lucky, to be able to get the opportunity to mix it up. I think it would be kind of boring to just play only one the whole time, and to play him at the same time is just sort of really fun. Most of the year, I’m doing Jack Griffith on Cedar Cove, and this just came along during hiatus, and I don’t know how long it’s going to go. I don’t know if I’m going to keep doing this, but I’ve really enjoyed playing Dr. Ivo,” he says.

“The shows obviously, themselves, are so, so different from each other. Arrow’s so flashy, and they’ve got quite a large budget, and big, flashy sets… it’s so different working on Cedar Cove, where we don’t even have a studio. We do most of our shots outside or in practical locations in real houses,” he says, marveling about how big sets such as the freighter happen to be.

Arrow has reunited Neal with occasional director and Director of Photography of Arrow, Glen Winter, who is the director of “The Promise.” The two worked together before when Neal had a recurring role on Smallville during Season 9. “I really like working with Glen,” Neal says. “He’s a really talented DP and director, and I think we get along well. I’m a technical actor, so directors usually really like working with me, because I make their job easy, and he definitely appreciates that what I bring to my work. Just sort of that technical knowledge – just makes the day go a little bit faster.”

What can he tease about this Wednesday’s episode? “I will say that ['The Promise'] is sort of the culmination of where we’ve been leading to for several months. This is the episode that’s going to decide ‘does Ivo die?’ or ‘does Ivo live?’ I won’t tell you what happens. Ivo suffers a little, I will say, if that ultimately leads to his death or his carrying on. But there is a comeuppance for Dr. Ivo coming, and the episode…. it’s a big on,” he says.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/paging-dr-i ... neal/16543

- ¿Cómo de lejos irá Slade Wilson para conseguir venganza? (TVGuide):
¿Cómo de lejos irá Slade Wilson para conseguir venganza?
Por Natalie Abrams 4 de Marzo, 2014 06:04 PM ET

Oliver Queen's worst nightmare has come true on Arrow.

Although Oliver (Stephen Amell) believed his former friend-turned-dangerous enemy Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett), aka Deathstroke, to be dead, he is very much alive. Slade is actually the mastermind behind the attempted creation of super soldiers in Starling City that has left Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) forever changed.

"He's basically following through on a promise that he made Oliver back on the island," Bennett tells TVGuide.com. "Slade Wilson has a bone to pick with Oliver in regards to the death of Shado."

Not only is Slade still alive, but he's actually infiltrated the Queen mansion under the guise of being an ally to Moira (Susanna Thompson). "Coming into Oliver's home is a huge statement that everybody is at risk," Bennett says. "From the island, it was obvious that Slade wasn't a wealthy man. He was just a military guy. He's obviously gone to some lengths to accrue [enough] finances that he's shown up in the mansion and is an introduced friend of Moira, which means he's managed to come through society at the level that Moira Queen is used to associating with to the point where she's invited him into her house. There's been a lot of ground work. He's gone to great lengths to execute this revenge plot."

But knowing Slade Wilson is alive and going head-to-head with him are two entirely different situations since Slade practically taught Ollie everything he knows. "Oliver is coming face to face with his equal, if not his master," Bennett says. "Anything he has in his arsenal, Slade Wilson is very aware of. Looking into the history of Deathstroke and Slade Wilson in the comics, characters like Batman couldn't fight Deathstroke. Oliver knows very well that this is a man he might not be able to defeat even with his skills. He's going to be very careful of how he plays his cards with Slade because Slade is every bit the equal."

Back on the island, we'll finally come closer to seeing the great divide between them as Oliver, Slade and Sara (Caity Lotz) attempt to make their way to the freighter — which will be both a blessing and a curse since Dr. Ivo (Dylan Neal) could reveal the truth about Shado's death to the temperamental Slade. "We've heard Oliver saying that he can't tell Slade because he's dangerous and volatile," Bennett says. "When this news is revealed, we've got a very complex situation because Slade is on the edge right now and needs a little bit of a push. Maybe the information regarding Shado is going to be the push that creates everything that's going on in Starling City."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Slade ... 78850.aspx

- Jefe de Arrow habla sobre el bombazo de Slade para Oliver, las amenazas en ciernes y la 'Agonía' de 'Olicity' (Q&A)
Jefe de Arrow habla sobre el bombazo de Slade para Oliver, las amenazas en ciernes y la 'Agonía' de 'Olicity'
Por Philiana Ng 7:00 AM PST 05/03/2014

Oliver Queen has met his match on Arrow.

His former mentor-turned-nemesis Slade Wilson returned from the dead at the end of last week's episode of The CW's comic-book drama and things between the two will be tense.

"That's the beauty of a cliffhanger is it has people wondering how you're going to get yourself out of this one," executive producer Marc Guggenheim tells The Hollywood Reporter with a laugh. "Episode 15 certainly answers that question in a very surprising way."

Slade's desire for revenge against Oliver has been brewing for quite some time -- from at least episode nine -- but "the timetable and emotional motivation behind Slade's plan" comes to the forefront in Wednesday's episode, titled "The Promise." Guggenheim talks to THR about the aftermath of Slade's resurrection, Oliver's state of mind, another big "Olicity" moment and more.

Can you give us a preview of Wednesday's episode?

The episode is predominantly about Oliver, Slade and Sara trying to take the freighter in the past. We designed episode 15 to be like a sequel to episode 14 last year, where we flipped the paradigm and spent the majority of our story time on the island with Oliver and Slade. That was one of our most successful episodes last year and I think was one of the episodes fans responded to the most. We went into this year thinking we would love to do a sequel to that. "Go big or go home" -- we went very, very, very big and it feels like an epic little action movie directed by one of our DPs Glen Winter, who's directed some of our best episodes.

What is Oliver's state of mind at the moment?

The beauty of the revelation is it prompts Oliver to go through a variety of emotional reactions -- from shock to anger to fear to desperation to resolve. It's interesting for us to put Oliver through these various different emotional states, which you only get to do that if you have a really compelling, exciting incident in the form of Slade coming back to town.

Now that Slade is in the fabric of Starling City, how does that change things for Oliver moving forward?

The truth is [episode] 15 is very much a game-changer for us because as you said, Oliver now knows that Slade is alive and in Starling City, and it really changes the entire season because now a clock is running essentially. Now that Oliver knows that his greatest nemesis is alive and back with a vengeance, it's very hard to go back to quote-unquote villain of the week episodes. Even though there are a couple of what people have been calling villain of the week episodes in our future, all of them now are imbued with a different sense of urgency and a different sense of anxiety because now this huge threat is looming out there. Even when Oliver has to deal with a non-mythology-related villain in a given week, he's always doing it against the backdrop of this looming threat that Slade represents. Nothing will be the same after episode 15.

Every decision that Team Arrow makes is magnified tenfold...

We'll be exploring it. It gets dealt with in episodes 15 and the episode afterwards, 16.

Is there an interaction between Slade and another character that may be surprising to viewers?

The one that always makes me smile whenever I see a cut of the episode is when Roy meets Slade and Slade meets Roy -- in part because of the way Colton [Haynes] and Manu [Bennett] play the moment. Because Roy having been injected with the Mirakuru back in episode nine, [he] has a connection with Slade. Slade has loomed very large in Roy's life ever since he was exposed to the Mirakuru. Oliver certainly mentions Slade quite a bit in episode 12 when he started training Roy. Watching the two of them meet face to face is a lot of fun and I think it's one of the high points -- there are a lot of high points -- but that is certainly one of them.

How does Sara play into all of this?

She has also her own interesting history with Slade from their time on the island and what is most interesting for us as writers is that Sara, because of her time on her island, she knows Slade as well as Oliver does and know the danger that he poses. What's different is in the years that have passed since Lian Yu, she's become a completely different person, she's become a total badass, an international assassin who approaches Slade in a very different way than when she did back when she was a relatively innocent girl off the shores of Lian Yu. For me the fun of something like episode 15 is watching the difference between Sara in the past deal with Slade and Sara in the present deal with Slade.

Last week's episode featured a sweet moment between Felicity Oliver that made "Olicity" fans happy. Any more of those in the future?

(Laughs.) The fun or the agony of Oliver and Felicity is they're always taking one step forward and two steps back and that's what I meant when I said it was a slow burn. I will say by the end of the season, you'll see another big evolution of their relationship. But at the same time I don't want to spoil when and how that's going to happen. I do think part of the fun of the show and certainly Oliver and Felicity, things happen in the least expected ways. We'll be doing something with Oliver and Felicity by the end of the year that will really confound and satisfy some viewers and infuriate others but I think that's when you know you're taking chances.

It was established early on that Sara Lance's Black Canary is the first iteration, but as the series has progressed, has that changed?

The one thing that's always very safe to say with Arrow is never make assumptions. One of the little tricks that we have up our sleeves is we'd like to use the audience's assumptions to surprise them and twist things. All I really want to say on the subject of Black Canary is, there is absolutely a plan and you'll have to watch the show with some degree of patience to see how that plan gets unfolded. But we know exactly where we're headed and we hope that everyone will stay along for the ride.

Is Ted Kord -- whose company was mentioned in the most recent episode -- someone you'd like to bring in to the universe?

I'd love to. Over here on the show we have a great affinity for Ted Kord and the Blue Beetle, the character. For the time being, because of our affection for Ted, we're quite happy to at least have his company present in the show. (Laughs.) With continued good fortune, we will have many years on the year and many episodes and therefore many opportunities to continue to explore the corners of the DC universe.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ade-686086

- En Starling City para cumplir una promesa, 'Slade Wilson es una máquina de matar' (TVLine):
En Starling City para cumplir una promesa, 'Slade Wilson es una máquina de matar'
Por Matt Webb Mitovich 05 Marzo, 2014 09:45 AM PST

There’s your garden variety “unwelcome house guest”… and then there is Slade Wilson cozying up to your mom.

The CW’s Arrow left viewers — as well as Oliver’s jaw — hanging at the close of last week’s episode, by revealing that He Who Is Also Known as Deathstroke has infiltrated the Queen mansion, passing himself off as an inarguably charming backer of Moira’s mayoral campaign.

Tonight at 8/7c, the CW action-drama picks up where it left off, with Slade taking enormous pleasure in deftly taunting his onetime island ally in the course of seeming small talk, until at one point Oliver can take it no more and moves to kill his shockingly resurfaced frenemy.

But as Slade retorts, “Not yet, kid.” No, he has bigger, far more torturous plans in mind for Mr. Queen.

“One thing is absolutely certain,” Manu Bennett told TVLine during our visit to the series’ set in Vancouver. “As of the point where Slade believes that Oliver was responsible for the death of Shado, coupled with the effects of Mirakuru, Slade Wilson is a killing machine — and he has come to Starling City to exact revenge.”

Yet as enjoyable as Oliver’s The Promisecurrent day conundrum is — seriously, Slade misses no opportunity lob veiled threats, while a handshake he shares with the similarly Mirakuru’d Roy makes for a can’t-miss TV moment — much of the episode unfolds in flashback, as Oliver, Sara and Slade plot to take the freighter and thus secure passage home. Aside from squashing Ivo’s small army, the only other question is: Can Oliver bring himself to kill Dr. Ivo before details about Shado’s death surfaces?

Needless to say, one way or another, Slade will become privy to the truth. And much like another comics-verse’s Dr. Banner, he’s not a guy you like when angry. “Slade has a very pure objective: To find the person responsible for Shado’s death,” Bennett notes. “And when he discovers that it is Oliver, his temper spikes. And because of the Mirakuru, he becomes even more intense.”

Stoking Slade’s fire is the deep sense of betrayal he feels, especially so soon after he and Oliver talked of one another as being “brothers.” As Bennett explains, “He brought this kid through a world he would never have survived if it hadn’t been for Slade’s mentorship. It’s a scenario akin to, ‘What would Yoda have done if he thought Luke Skywalker had betrayed him?’ Or Liam Neeson in his Batman [Begins] role [as mentor Ra's al Ghul]. Slade’s feelings are so intense because of the camaraderie they had shared.”

In the here and now of Starling City, however, Slade manages to keep his composure whilst in Oliver’s company — and even while cheating death — knowing that to do so is critical in enacting his end game.

“If you look at the movie Inception, for example, people like to be in control of their reality — and that’s how Slade is in Starling City,” Bennett says. “He has learned to control the Mirakuru rage. Because he must control his past if he is to facilitate his future.”

http://tvline.com/2014/03/05/arrow-prev ... athstroke/

- Los jefes de Arrow Adelantan un "Cambio de Juego" en el episodio de esta noche y un rgereso inesperado en el final (EOnline):
Los jefes de Arrow Adelantan un "Cambio de Juego" en el episodio de esta noche y un rgereso inesperado en el final
Por Tierney Bricker 05 Marzo 10:46 AM PST

"Please save Oliver."

Oliver's (Stephen Amell) has finally caught up to his present on Arrow and fans will not want to miss tonight's episode of the CW hit, which finally brings our hero face-to-face with Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett) in the present-day. Crashing their party? Tension!

We've watched "The Promise" and can guarantee that the show, and Oliver, will never be the same by episode's end. Plus, we chatted with executive producer Marc Guggenheim about the flashback-heavy hour, which he compared to season one standout "The Odyssey."

Here are 10 things to look forward to in "The Promise"…

1. Like last season's "The Odyssey," Guggenheim previews that "The Promise" is "20 percent present-day and 80 percent flashback" and that the Arrow team "just blew the doors off of it." Speaking of which...

2. The stunts and fight sequences are always top-notch on Arrow, but "The Promise" raises the bar even higher. "It sets a new record for us in terms of production value," Guggenheim says. "We always try to make the show look like a small movie every week and this episode just looks like a big movie."

3. Two training sequences gift us with shirtless (and sweaty) scenes of Oliver (on the Island!) and Roy (Colton Haynes). Shameless shirtlessness is our anti-drug.

4. The scenes between Oliver and Slade in the present-day are filled with tension and definitely do not disappoint, especially when they come hand-in-hand with the Island scenes that show just how connected they were. Slade even refers to them as "brothers."

"I can teases lot of tension and a mixture of emotions," Guggenheim says of the pair's present-day reunion. "The dynamic between the two of them is obviously fraught with a lot of history."

5. While we only get one quick scene, it's still an absolute delight to see the ever-growing Arrow team all pow-wow in the cave. Even better is watching them all work together.

6. There are two people on the show who have been injected with the Mirakuru serum and those two people will come face-to-face. Take from that what you will.

7. Deathstroke's mask? You'll finally get to see it. On a certain someone. The origins of Oliver's hood? Ditto. Yes, this episode gave us comic book geek chills.

8. We'll let this tease from Guggenheim speak for itself: "It features some gamechanging moments both in the present and in the past. Both the flashback story line and the present day storyline are inextricably altered by the end of this episode."

9. While Arrow has never been lacking in villains (which we love!), it's cool to see Oliver finally get an archnemesis in the form of Slade, who poses an "incredible danger to everyone around Oliver, most particularly the ones that he loves, so that tension and that suspense is going to play a huge role," Guggenheim previews.

10. Obviously not intentional, but there are two Captain Phillips references in the flashbacks that made us chuckle. You'll know 'em when you hear 'em.

Bonus tease: Looking ahead, Guggenheim spills that the season two finale could feature some surprise guests. "If everything goes according to plan, that's a caveat, you'll see some familiar faces in the finale. Maybe ones that you're not expecting."

http://uk.eonline.com/news/517811/arrow ... the-finale

- Marc Guggenheim habla sobre el momento a lo ‘Motín a bordo’ de la serie (herocomplex):
Marc Guggenheim habla sobre el momento a lo ‘Motín a bordo’ de la serie
Por Kevin Day 05 de Marzo, 2014 | 4:30 p.m.

The CW’s hit superhero show “Arrow” continues to glide through its second season, getting ever more deeply embedded in the greater DC Comics Universe; already this season it’s introduced memorable DC villains, with other fan favorites such as Suicide Squad still to come. In the run-up to Wednesday’s episode, “The Promise,” Hero Complex caught up with “Arrow” executive producer Marc Guggenheim to chat briefly about the out-of-the-ordinary nature of this week’s story line.

Fair warning, there are some spoilers ahead for anyone not fully caught up with the latest episodes.

Hero Complex: So “The Promise” is bigger in scope than usual?

Marc Guggenheim: This episode is a sequel to last year’s Episode 14, which was an episode where we flipped the paradigm and told more stories in the past than we were in the present. The mission last year was Oliver and Slade were trying to get off the island via plane. In this episode, Sara, Slade and Oliver are trying to take over the freighter that’s been off the shores of the island since Episode 1 of this year. One of the things we did for this episode was we built the entire upper deck of the ship. We originally wanted to film on an actual boat, but we couldn’t find one that was shootable on, so our incredibly talented art department created the entire set for us, just for this episode. It not only features the upper deck, it also features the entire hull. There’s no way for me to talk about Episode 15 without calling out Glen Winter, he’s one of our DPs on the show. He directed this episode. He broke out all the stops. It’s a tour de force directing job, but it’s in the service of an epic story. We basically wanted to do a “Mutiny on the Bounty” type of episode and it’s got all those pyrotechnics and big action and scope to it. It features some really seminal moments in terms of Oliver’s evolution to becoming the Arrow. It also features some seminal moments toward Slade Wilson becoming Deathstroke. It’s very much required viewing.

HC: Seems like you’re continually upping the ante in terms of scope. Are you spending more money or are you finding tricks to make it appear bigger?

MG: We’re actually doing it with less money than we had last year, believe it or not. I don’t think it’s a matter of tricks. It’s that everyone with the show has really upped their game. I think the performances have been better, I think the camera work’s been better, the writing’s been better. Everyone’s figured out how to do better. Just goes to show that practice makes perfect. One of the great things about the “Arrow” crew is that no one is settling for what they did yesterday. They’re always thinking about what they can do tomorrow. And they’re not thinking about how they can do something, they’re thinking about how they can do it bigger. That’s literally at every level and in every department. It has allowed us to tell bigger stories. I wish I could say we’ve found some sort of budgetary magic bullet or some accounting trick that allowed us to pull this off. But it has nothing to do with tricks and everything to do with talent.

HC: There have been references to other DC properties, such as mention of Kord Industries, the company owned by Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle in DC lore. Are those there just for fun or are they planting seeds for something down the road?

MG: It depends. Both. Sometimes we are planting a flag, other times we are just having fun. In last week’s episode, we had a billboard for a movie called “Blue Devil.” In DC Comics, Blue Devil is a superhero who came out of a movie. That was an example of a fun easter egg. At the same time, when we name-dropped Ra’s al Ghul at the beginning of Season 2, we were planting a flag. We like the idea of suggesting there’s a broader universe out there beyond Starling City. At the same time, we’re comic book fans and we love a good easter egg as much as the next geek or comic book fan. Sometimes we’re doing it just to show our roots, basically.

HC: Your supporting cast is much bigger in the second season. Has it been tricky to keep all those stories serviced properly from week to week?

MG: Yes. It’s been very tricky, actually. We threw a lot of balls up in the air this year. I think a lot of shows do in the second season. I leave it up to the audience to decide how adequately we’ve addressed every one. I think the book hasn’t been written on Season 2, but I’d say a strength of Season 2 has been the wide range of characters and perhaps the weakness of Season 2 has been the wide range of characters. My hope is that when the season is complete and we sit down and watch contiguously, as opposed to weeks between episodes and hiatuses, you’ll see that every one was serviced. Even if we don’t see Roy for a couple of episodes, we eventually get back to him. Hopefully, all 23 episodes of the season will come together for a satisfying viewing experience and we tell a complete story.

HC: It’s unique that even though Oliver is this wealthy and powerful superhero, he seems to still live at home with his mom and sister. Any chance he’ll be moving out soon?

MG: I think you’ll see in light of the events of Episode 13 of this year, Oliver has not been living at the Queen mansion. In Episode 13 he learned that Malcolm Merlyn is Thea’s biological father and had a big falling out with Moira, who’d been keeping that a secret. We’ve been writing Oliver as not living at the mansion since Episode 13. The episode where you actually get some indication of that is Episode 16 and you’ll see where he’s been hanging his hood.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/arrow ... ty-moment/

- Manu Bennett adelanta que 'Todo está a punto de explotar' (MTV):
Manu Bennett adelanta que 'Todo está a punto de explotar'
Por Alex Zalben 05 Marzo 2014 2:05 PM EST

For the first half of the season on The CW's "Arrow," the threat of Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett) has been slowly simmering in the background. The former ally of Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) has shown up in Starling City, been revealed to be the big bad, and as of the last scene of the last episode revealed himself to Oliver.

This week, all this tension finally explodes on "The Promise."

"The penny is about to drop, and when it drops it's going to be like a matchstick in a bucket of gelignite," Bennett told MTV News over the phone in advance of the episode's broadcast. "Everything is about to explode. The fallout of that is what's going to become the ongoing storyline of the show."

For the uninitiated, "Arrow" takes place in two timelines. In the past Oliver is trapped on a deadly island with Slade, trying desperately to escape by stealing a boat from insane scientist Professor Ivo (Dylan Neal). Ivo killed the woman Slade loved, an act accidentally caused by Oliver; though Slade doesn't know that yet.

In the present, Oliver has escaped the island, and is secretly being manipulated by Slade, who now uses the villain name Deathstroke. What transpired between the two timelines is what's about to be revealed on "The Promise."

"As the episode is called 'The Promise,' be sure that is going to be the key phrase that goes forward for the rest of the series," Bennett continued, "as to what Slade Wilson is doing in Starling City, and the promise that he made Oliver Queen back there on the freighter and on the island."

The episode reverses the normal ratio of island scenes to Starling City scenes, minimizing the present in favor of giant action sequences in the past; most of which are set on Ivo's freighter... Something that doesn't exactly go as our heroes have planned.

"They're basically descending into Hell," Bennett said. "Going after this ship is the set up for everything that's going to bring their relationships crumbling down."

In the real world, though, the freighter action sequences were something special; the biggest action the show has ever attempted.

"They actually built an entire ship inside a warehouse," Bennett recalled. "I kind of walked in when I was doing the first of the explosions on the deck. It was like walking out of Pearl Harbor. There was a stunt guy who had his eyebrows blown off. It was an extreme and dangerous environment, but that's exciting stuff. It's exciting when you have that degree of reality to the special effects."

After the action and reveals of this episode, with the cards all on the table the producers and writers have begun the season two endgame. And three episodes down the road, we get another major marker, with an episode titled "Deathstroke."

"[We] started off nice and slow, and then started picking up pace," Bennett said. "Now we're getting into the heavy stuff, the piano forte of the piece. As an actor, I relish in that. I've just read a script three ahead from now where I just feel this absolute pounding of the piano."

Part of that pacing is the full reveal of Slade in his classic villain persona. Super strong, with healing powers and a precise nature that lets him beat any opponent; Deathstroke is nearly unstoppable in the comics. And it seems, the same can be said of his TV equivalent.

"He's the type of character that superheroes are scared of," Bennett says laughing. "He's got superhero strength, but he's got the ability to go even darker than how a superhero can go."

Given that Oliver Queen doesn't have super strength, just a bow and arrow and extensive training, he's going to need some help to take down Deathstroke.

"Oliver can't deal with Slade Wilson alone," Bennett said, looking even further forward towards the second season finale. "You can't destroy your maker, and he's met his maker. Everything that Oliver knows, I taught him."

Over the course of the second season, "Arrow" has added numerous elements from the DC Comics pantheon, including heroes Arsenal and Black Canary, as well as the villainous League of Assassins — led by Batman baddie Ra's al Ghul — and the upcoming anti-hero team the Suicide Squad. As you might expect, these haven't all been random additions to the show.

"He's not going to be able to beat me up on his own, which means he'll have to call on numbers," Bennett added. "When the numbers thing starts happening, the war escalates, and it's all about numbers. We'll see the introduction of the Suicide Squad. And Ra's al Ghul... These guys have all been seen on the periphery. Starling City is about to become a battleground."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/172354 ... nett.jhtml

- Marc Guggenheim habla sobre ARROW, the Suicide Squad, el regreso de The Huntress, THE FLASH y más (Collider.com):
Marc Guggenheim habla sobre ARROW, the Suicide Squad, el regreso de The Huntress, THE FLASH y más
Por Christina Radish 05 de Marzo, 2014

On Season 2 of the hit CW series Arrow, Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) has rededicated himself to his mission of being more than just another vigilante, and is attempting to become a beacon of hope for the city’s most vulnerable, as The Arrow. In Episode 15, “The Promise,” Oliver is shocked when he learns that Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett) is not only alive, but that he has come to Starling City, while back on the island, Oliver, Slade and Sara (Caity Lotz) attempt to take over the freighter from Ivo (Dylan Neal), which turns into a huge battle. As everything changes in both present-day and the past, viewers will not only see Oliver put on the hood for the first time, but also Slade with the Deathstroke mask.

During this recent exclusive phone interview with Collider, executive producer/writer Marc Guggenheim talked about how “The Promise” is epic in scope and feels like a movie, why they wanted to shoot Oliver putting on the hood and Slade putting on the Deathstroke mask, each for the first time, in the same scene, why this episode is a game-changer for both the present-day and the past, how the Suicide Squad evolved, setting up potential further stories for them, who The Huntress will be now, when she reappears in Episode 17, and how they let the characters tell them where they’re going, especially when it comes to the romance aspect. He also talked about everything being on the table, when it comes to possible future cross-over between Arrow and The Flash, how terrific and outstanding the pilot script is, and that he’d love to write an episode of that show, as well. Check out what he had to say after the jump, and be aware that there are some spoilers.

Collider: It’s good to talk to you. You guys have been doing an awesome job this season. You definitely know how to do it right!

MARC GUGGENHEIM: Oh, thank you! We definitely appreciate it. Sometimes we’re not quite sure what we’re doing right, but it’s a fun show to do. It’s very challenging, but it’s also very fun. So, we really, really appreciate that. It’s that kind of feedback, frankly, that keeps me going.

What makes this next episode the biggest episode you’ve ever done? When you say something like, “It makes the season finale last year look like a student film,” do you worry about living up to that hype?

GUGGENHEIM: To be honest with you, I’ve seen that quote retweeted a bunch of times and I’m like, “Wow, I hope I didn’t oversell it!” I just watched the whole episode on the mix stage [on Monday], and I truly don’t believe I oversold it. I’d be very panicked, right now, if I had. It’s pretty epic. It feels like a movie. It just has a scope to it that we’ve just never had on the show.

What can you say to tease what we can expect from the story you’re telling in it?

GUGGENHEIM: It involves Oliver, Slade and Sara taking over Ivo’s freighter, in the past. We actually built the freighter, which is completely insane. It’s funny, when I pitched this episode to the production team, they said, “This episode is unproducable.” And the episode that you’re going to see [tonight] is exactly what I pitched. We didn’t cut any corners. Everyone put their heads together and figured out a way to do this episode. I have to give a lot of credit to J.P. Finn, our line producer, and Todd Pittson, our unit production manager. Glenn Winter, who directed the episode, did such an outstanding job. Glenn has always been one of our best directors, in terms of making every cent that appears on the screen look like a million dollars. It’s basically a huge movie on and underneath this ship, that involves pyrotechnics and explosions and gun battles. There are some shots in it that feel like they’re right out of Indiana Jones movie. I’m just really, really proud of it. I hope that it lives up to the hype, and if it doesn’t, I suspect that everyone will let me know. But, I’m pretty confident.

This episode also features the first time Oliver Queen puts on the hood, and the first time Slade Wilson puts on the Deathstroke mask. Was it important for you to shoot that contrast in the same episode?

GUGGENHEIM: Yeah, actually we wanted to do it in the very same scene, which is what we ended up doing. We actually debated that a lot, in the writers’ room. We were like, “Do we see Oliver put on the hood first, or do we see Slade in the Deathstroke mask first? And what do we want to end that particular act with?” I will say, in addition to the episode having a lot of production value and literal bang for the buck, it also is a game-changer for us, both in terms of the present-day storyline and the flashback storyline. And it’s not just Oliver and Slade having these iconic moments – though they’re certainly iconic moments – but with the way they’re shot and performed, you do feel like you’re seeing something momentous. But both storylines, in the past and the present, are game-changers, in the sense that the series will never be the same, with respect to both storylines. And the rest of the season has changed, from the perspective that there are genies taken out of bottles that you just won’t be able to get back in the bottle, once these revelations come out, and that obviously includes Oliver learning that Slade Wilson is alive and well and back in Starling City. It’s very hard for him to go back to his ordinary day job of being the Arrow with this huge threat looming out there. It’s a threat that’s not only expressed a willingness, but also an ability to harm the ones that he loves.

Having Deadshot on the show, and then adding Bronze Tiger, did you always know that you were headed toward the Suicide Squad, at some point?

GUGGENHEIM: That’s a great question. We started the year off with a list of characters who we wanted to see, and Bronze Tiger was one of them. Once we came up with an idea for how to do Bronze Tiger on the show, we very quickly did the math and were like, “You know, there’s Bronze Tiger, but Deadshot has also been on the show, and that’s already two members of the Suicide Squad,” and we realized that it was something that was possible. It wasn’t something that we backed into. We gave ourselves the freedom to go through Season 2 going, “You know what? If we organically build this group, then maybe in Season 2 or Season 3, we’ll get to see them.” But, we didn’t want to force it. One of the nice things about the Suicide Squad in Episode 16 is that it does feel very organic. It feels like it’s something that just came out very naturally from the characters and the storytelling that we’ve been doing, in the previous 15 episodes of this year. And even, quite frankly, playing with some pieces that we established last year, like the introduction of Lyla Michaels. It just has a nice feeling of completion to it, while at the same time, setting up potential further stories for the Suicide Squad. They’re a lot of fun together. It’s wonderful to see David Ramsey and his character of John Diggle interact with them.

What can you say to tease the return of The Huntress on the “Birds of Prey” episode? Who will she be now, when we see her again?

GUGGENHEIM: It’s been literally a year, in story time, since we’ve seen her. One of the things we told Jessica De Gouw, who plays The Huntress, was that we weren’t interested in treading over old territory with Helena. What we pitched her was the idea that basically Helena Bertinelli is gone. The only thing that remains is The Huntress. It’s been a year of her literally scouring the world to find her father, who was on the run at the end of Episode 17 of last season. We really wanted to show that wear and tear on her. We even aged up her costume a little bit, so you really get the sense that she has been traveling the world and literally has just spent a year killing people to try to get at her dad, and it’s done quite a number on her soul. We get to explore all that, in a really fun episode that also deals with Laurel Lance, in a very big way. One of the things we wanted to do with the episode was give Laurel her groove back, as it were. We have obviously taken Laurel down a very dark path, this year. As we started to see at the end of last week’s episode, she’s going to start turning the corner. And this episode with The Huntress is a very big move in that direction.

In setting up The Flash series, are you already thinking about possible cross-over between the two, or do you think you’d wait a bit before you did that?

GUGGENHEIM: Well, we’re fanboys and we always fantasize about, “Oh, we could do this cross-over. We could do that episode.” Everything is always on the table. I think it’s one of the things that’s made Arrow special. But we also all collectively feel like The Flash needs to stand on its own two feet, now that it’s gotten its launch from Arrow. I would say, as with all things, we trust our instincts to know when is the right time. Our compass has always just been our gut instinct. When the time is right, it will happen. Greg [Berlanti], Andrew [Kreisberg] and Geoff [Johns] have got to finish The Flash pilot first. There are a bunch of things that have to happen before we can start cross-pollinating shows.

Separately from the actors possibly crossing-over between shows, are you looking to write any episodes of The Flash?

GUGGENHEIM: Good question. Obviously, I would love to. Who knows what will happen? That would be a lot of fun. The Flash script is really, really terrific. It’s an outstanding pilot, and I know it will make a phenomenal series. Of course, it would be fun to work on any phenomenal series.

Are you surprised with how much fans are pushing for Oliver and Felicity to get together, especially when often the idea of two characters getting together is usually far more exciting than the reality of it?

GUGGENHEIM: You know, it’s funny. From my perspective, I think there’s a wide variety of fans out there. There are some people who really want Oliver and Felicity to get together. There are some people who want Oliver and Laurel to get together. There are some people who think that Felicity belongs with Barry Allen. Quite frankly, I’m just happy that the show can engender so many different opinions and desires on the part of the fans. Whenever you’ve got characters who have chemistry and who are flirting with each other, the way Oliver and Felicity have done, you think a lot about television history and the small number of shows that have actually managed to stick that landing. But with the possibility of Flash cross-overs, we’re very much instinctual writers and we go where the characters take us. Before we do anything, the characters tell us what they want to do, and we always try to listen to that.

http://collider.com/arrow-the-flash-mar ... p7e2VGm.99

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 2.15 "The Promise" Sneak Peek:

- Arrow 3 Minutes Trailer "Full Circle":

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Desvelado el título y créditos del episodio 2.20:
Ya quedan muy poquitos capítulos por desvelar de la temporada y, como viene siendo habitual, Marc Guggenheim nos ha dado una de las últimas piedrecitas del camino...

Esta vez se trata del episodio 2.20 que tendrá por título "Seeing Red" y que ha empezado a rodarse hoy en Vancouver. Está escrito por Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz y será dirigido por Dough Aarniokoski.

Imagen

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/ ... 0047226881

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 2.16 "Suicide Squad" Promo (HD):

- Arrow 2.16 "Suicide Squad" Extended Promo (HD):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 2.17 "Birds of Prey" :
2.17 "Birds of Prey": CUANDO THE HUNTRESS CONOCE A CANARY — Cuando Frank Bertinelli (la estrella invitada Jeffrey Nordling) es arrestado, Oliver (Stephen Amell) sabe que es sólo cuestión de tiempo antes de que su hija, Helena, AKA The Huntress (la estrella invitada Jessica De Gouw), regrese a la ciudad. Para hacer las cosas peores, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) es elegida para llevar el caso de Frank, poniéndola justo en el camino de Helena. Oliver le dice a Sara (Caity Lotz) que él manejará a su ex-novia, pero cuando Helena toma rehenes en los juzgados, incluyendo a Laurel, the Canary no se parará ante nada para salvar a su hermana. Cuando The Huntress y Canary se encuentran, comienza una épica batalla. Mientras tanto, Roy (Colton Haynes) se da cuenta de que necesita mantener a Thea (Willa Holland) a salvo, pero no le gusta la forma en la que se ve forzado a hacerlo. John Behring dirige el episodio escrito por Mark Bemesderfer & A.C. Bradley (#217).

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-spoil ... prey/16554

- Nueva imagen BTS del decorado del carguero "Amazo" utilizado para el capítulo 2.15 "The Promise":

Imagen

(thanks to @mguggenheim)

- Imagen BTS de Colron Haynes entrenando para la serie (05-03-14):

Imagen

(@coltonhaynes: Today's the perfect day for some Archery training)

Añadidos los links y rátings del 2.15 "The Promise". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 2.16 "Suicide Squad" Producer´s Preview (HD):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow Descripción oficial del 2.18 “Deathstroke”:
2.18 “Deathstroke”: WL MUNDO DE OLIVER EMPIEZA A DERRUMBARSE — Slade (Manu Bennett) hace su movimiento contra Oliver (Stephen Amell) y las repercusiones son enormes. Mientras Oliver corre para proteger a su familia, un miembro clave de su equipo empieza a cuestionar las decisiones de Oliver. Mientras tanto, Isabel (la estrella invitada Summer Glau) hace su movimiento para quitarle a Oliver Queen Consolidated. Guy Bee sirige el episodio escrito por Marc Guggenheim & Drew Z. Greenberg (#218).

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-2-18- ... roke/16589

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Revelado el título y la aparición de nuevos personajes en el 2.19:
El productor Marc Guggenheim nos ha revelado el título del episodio 2.19 que será "The Man Under the Hood".

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/statuse ... 9526642688

Asímismo, se han filtrado unas notas de cásting del episodio en la que podemos descubrir que, al parecer, aparecerán nuevos personajes de DC en el mismo, personajes que también sabemos que serán parte del piloto de "The Flash". Recordad que, al principio, este episodio iba a servir como spin-off de la serie "The Flash":

Stephen Amell - Oliver Queen/Arrow
Simon Burnett - Oliver Stunt Dbl.
Katie Cassidy - Laurel Lance
David Ramsey - John Diggle
Emily Bett Rickards - Felicity Smoak
James Michealopoulos - Deathstroke Stunt Dbl.
Atlin Mitchell - Sara Lance/Canary (probably a double)
Danielle Panabaker - Caitlin Snow (Killer Frost)
Carlos Valdez - Cisco Ramon (Vibe)

JJ Makaro - Stunt Coordinator
James Bamford - Fight Coordinator
Hugo Steele - Security Guard #2
Colton Haynes - Roy Harper
Manu Bennett - Slade Wilson
Summer Glau - Isabel Rochev

http://television.cosmicbooknews.com/co ... -tv-series

- Nuevas imágenes BTS de Colton Haynes y Bex Taylor durante el rodaje de "Arrow" en Holy Rosary Cathedral, Vancouver (14-03-14):
Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(Thanks to Nigel Horsley & canadagraph)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 2.16 "Suicide Squad" Sneak Peek (HD):

- Arrow 2.16 "Suicide Squad" Sneak Peek #2(HD):

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/tv/ ... 7/6538803/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Marc Guggenheim habla sobre el que otros personajes descubran el secreto de Arrow (greenarrowtv):
Marc Guggenheim habla sobre el que otros personajes descubran el secreto de Arrow
Por Craig Byrne 17 de Marzo, 2014

Para promocionar el regreso de Arrow esta semana con el episodio 2.16 “Suicide Squad,” el productor ejecutivo Marc Guggenheim ha realizado una sesión de preguntas con la prensa en la que habló de muchos temas, inlcluído la cantidad de personajes que están descubriendo el secreto de Oliver.

Por el momento son Diggle, Felicity, Sara y ahora Roy, ¿pero podría seguir incrementándose esa lista?

“Diría que va a aumentar antes del final del año,” contesta Guggenheim answered. “Hacia el final, más gente lo sabrá de la que actualmente lo hace.”

“Es curioso, [y] hablamos sobre esto mucho en la sala de escritores: ¿Hay demasiados personajes que lo saben, y desmerece eso la identidad secreta? De donde venimos es de la filosofía de que cuando la gente lo sabe – cuando otros miembros de nuestro elenco de personajes lo saben – eso los arrastra al mundo de Oliver, y los arrastra más a la serie, así es que tendemos a sacar más historia de la gente sabiéndolo que de la que no lo sabe. Podrías decir ‘bueno, lo sabe demasiada gente,’ pero la verdad es, que usamos la Trilogía de El Caballero Oscuro como nuestra estrella del norte o nuestro compás, y mucha gente sabía, particularmente en la tercera película, que Bruce Wayne era Batman, y eso no disminuyó mi disfrute de ver cómo se desarrollaban esas historias,” explica.

“Obviamente, hay diferentes filosofías, diferentes puntos de vista,” continúa. “Escribí esa línea en el episodio 12 sobre ‘¿cuánta gente lo sabe?’ ‘Demasiada gente,’ realmente, como un guiño a los fans que han estado quejándose desde el episodio 16 del año pasado, cuando se lo contamos a Tommy, como un guiño a esos fans que sienten que es demasiado,” recuerda. “Pero para nosotrois, como escritores: siempre vamos hacia aquello que nos de más historia y más historia interesante, y al menos por ahora, que cierta gente lo sepa es más interesante que el que no lo sepa.”

En referencia a eso, Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne) era un detective... y todavía después de todo este tiempo alrededor de Arrow, y ahora viendo a su propia hija pasando el tiempo con Arrow cuando Oliver no está a la vista: ¿no debería ser eso una pista? ¿Qué pasa ahí?

“Diré, que el episodio 19 es bastante definitivo, creo, y que contesta a esa pregunta, en cuanto a lo que se refiere a Lance. Y la respuesta a eso, creo, que os sorprenderá. No es algo que esperaríais,” adelanta Guggenheim.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/interview-m ... thin/16604

- Se confirma la importante aparición en Arrow' de dos personajes de 'The Flash' (THR):
El pasado otoño, Grant Gustin fue introducido en "Arrow" como Barry Allen, el chico que se converirá en "The Flash". Y ahora nos vamos a encontrar con más caras que aparecerán en el spinoff de la CW antes de que termine la temporada.

Como recordaréis, ya adelantábamos que la filtración de una hoja de cásting del episodio 2.19 de 'Arrow', titulado "The Man Under the Hood," y que está escrito por el trio que hay detrás de 'The Flash' -- Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti y Andrew Kreisberg -- daba a entender que se iban a introducir otros dos personajes de Central City: la experta en bioingeniería de los Laboratorios S.T.A.R. Labs Caitlin, interpretada por Danielle Panabaker (y que será la futura Killer Frost), y el genio en ingeniería mecánica Cisco, interpretado por Carlos Valdes (futuro "Vibe").

Ahora Marc Guggenheim, en una rueda de preguntas promocional con la prensa, no sólo ha confirmado dichas aparciones, sino que la sha descrito como "una importante aparición."

"Esto es algo que realmente ha sucedido porque obviamente Barry está en coma al final del episodio 2.09 de 'Arrow'. Y eso hace bastante imposible el que Barry aparezca en los episodios 19 ó 20, porque va a seguir en coma hasta Octubre del próximo año," explica Guggenheim.

La idea de un crossover para Flash se creó en la sala de escritores, en donde se sugirió que miembros del personal de S.T.A.R. Labs vinieran al universo de 'Arrow' alrededor de la fecha en la que se había fijado originalmente el episodio que iba a servir de piloto para "The Flash".

"Incluso aunque las circunstancias de esa elección cambió, la idea de traer a estos personajes real, realmente nos atraía porque nos permitía hacer honor a la idea original que teníamos a principios de año, que era el hacer algo relacionado con Flash alrededor de los episodios 19 ó 20 sin... por supuesto, tener a un Barry comatoso y básicamente pagarle a Grant Gustin un montón de dinero para sentarse con los ojos cerrados e inconsciente durante todo el episodio," dice Guggenheim, añadiendo que esa idea original estaba escrita. El problema fue que, "Es realmente aburrido."

Si acaso, el ver a Caitlin y Cisco operando en 'Arrow' abre las cosas para los productores -- y mantiene elevado el interés del público. "Nos permite darle vida aún más al universo de The Flash en Arrow," dice Guggenheim sobre el episodio que seguramente se emitirá en Abril. "Conseguimos ver su dinámica."

Interesantemente, Panabaker y Valdes rodaron sus episodios en The Flash y Arrow de forma concurrente; Guggenheim mantiene que la coincidencia de calendario no es por lo que lo hicieron. "De hecho, era una complicación de producción/logística añadida. Este episodio es realmente estupendo. Es muy divertido el ver estos personajes antes de que... es como ver antes a Boba Fett en el especial de vacaciones."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... -by-689173

- Spoilers de Arrow: ¡Primicias sobre Ollicity, lo último sobre Lance y Más! (tvfanatic):
Spoilers de Arrow: ¡Primicias sobre Ollicity, lo último sobre Lance y Más!
Por Jim Halterman 17 de Marzo, 2014 6:41 pm.

As David Ramsey and Stephen Amell told TV Fanatic recently about Arrow Season 2 Episode 16, this Wednesday's “Suicide Squad” episode reveals a lot more about Ramsey’s character, including his relationship with ex Lila.

TV Fanatic was also one of the few outlets invited to an early screening of this week's installment, which followed by a Q&A with Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim.

Here are highlights for this Wednesday's outing, along with some other Arrow Season 2 goodies...

More Suicide Squad?: The group of criminals that are assembled in this week’s episode – along with a reluctant Diggle and Lila– has been a wish for the writers for awhile.

“The year started, as year one did, with DC [Comics] providing us with a list of characters who were available and who they would like to see on the show," Guggenheim said.

Bronze Tiger was one character that they wanted to “Arrow-ify” and he was brought in Arrow Season 2 Episode 2. Then Amanda Waller came in later on, as did Shrapnel; and with Deadshot last year, the Squad organically assembled.

The writers also wanted to get a Diggle/Lila backstory episode in and Guggenheim said they “slowly put the pieces on the board and slowly realized that it was possibe... I’m really happy we were able to do it this year.”

The producer confirmed that we have not seen the last of the Suicide Squad.

A Crowded Foundry: While it’s been a concern of some that too many now know about the secret lair where Ollie and company make their plans to catch the bad guys as well as train, don’t be surprised if that number grows even futher:

“I would say it’s going to go up before the end of the year,” Guggenheim revealed. “By the finale, more people will know than currently do.”

The producer said it’s not a bad thing as it draws people into Oliver’s world: “We tend to get more story out of people knowing than people not knowing.

Is Slade just bonkers?: Slade is definitely fueled by revenge - but is he insane? “He’s clearly not in his right mind,” Guggenheim said. “Episode 18 is called ‘Deathstroke’ in large part because we really get a much greater sense of Slade’s agenda, where he’s coming from but also what’s going on in his head."

He also said Episode 18 wraps up one part of the Arrow story and then episode 19 begins what will take us through to the season 2 finale.

Lance Finding Out About Ollie? So far, Lance hasn’t put two and two together, even though he spends a lot of time with both Oliver and Arrow. Will that last?

“I will say episode 19 pretty definitely answers that question as far as Lance is considered and the answer to that will surprise you," the producer teased. "It is not something that you would expect.”

Episode 19 and…The Flash? In the same episode - co-written by Geoff Johns, Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti (the team also behind The Flash pilot) - we’ll get meet characters from The Flash when Danielle Panabaker (Caitlin) and Carlos Valdes (Cisco) make an “important appearance."

Their scenes were shot for Arrow at the same time that The Flash pilot was filming.

Thea And Her Baby Daddy: We know Malcolm Merlyn is Thea’s father, as do Moira and Ollie. But will Thea ever find out?

Guggenheim revealed that it’s coming very soon.

“As always, things always happen sooner rather than later on Arrow. I will say that Thea learns something pretty massive in episode 18 and it will cause a tectonic shift in her relationship with Oliver.”

Guggenheim said that will play a big role through the finale.

Any Hope For Ollicity?: Since Ollie hooked up with Sara, does that mean we should stop holding out hope that Ollicity could still happen?

“It keeps popping up,” Guggenheim said. “You haven’t seen the last of ‘Ollicity’ moments, as people call them, for sure. But, at the same time, we don’t try to cram them in…we always try very hard to let the episode dictate to us what it wants to be.” (Guggenheim did not reveal whether Felicity would appear in the The Flash pilot.)

Bye Bye Island?: Don’t even think about it! Staying true to his words that the island will always be involved with the series until the very end, Guggenheim said the writers already have big plans for the island in season 3.

“We know exactly what we’re going to do,” he said. “I think we have more clarity on what’s going to happen in the flashbacks for Season 3 than we did at the beginning of Season 2 for Season 2, if that makes any sense."

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2014/03/arrow- ... -and-more/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- HQ Stills del 2.17 "Birds of Prey":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow vs Suicide Squad + Harley Quinn -Interview with David Ramsey (DC All Acess):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcUQrRiuUwg

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Título y créditos del episodio 2.19:
Como ya nos tiene acostumbrados, Marc Guggeheim ha sido el encargado de revelar de nuevo el título y créditos del muy secreto episodio 2.19.
Imagen

El episodio 2.19 se llamará "The Man Under the Hood", con historia de Greg Berlanti & Geoff Johns, guión de Andrew Kreisberg & Keto Shimizu y estará dirigido por Jesse Warn.

Recordad que este será el episodio en el que se cruzarán los universos de Arrow y The Flash con la aparición de dos de los personajes del piloto que trabajan para los Laboratorios S.T.A.R.K.

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/ ... 7149265920

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Entrevista con Katie Cassidy en el número de Marzo de "Glamoholic":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

http://www.glamoholic.com/25/34.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- David Ramsey sobre Pasados Reveladores, Enemigos haciendo equipo y el Crossover con 'Flash' (THR):
David Ramsey sobre Pasados Reveladores, Enemigos haciendo equipo y el Crossover con 'Flash'
Por Philiana Ng 7:00 AM PDT 3/19/2014

Arrow continues its villains chapter with a Diggle-heavy flashback episode devoted to the origins of the Suicide Squad. Recruited by Amanda Waller, Diggle agrees to help catch a dangerous criminal he recognizes from his time as a soldier in Afghanistan. What he didn't count on was being forced to work on the same team as proven criminals Deadshot, Bronze Tiger and Shrapnel -- not to mention his ex-wife Lyla.

David Ramsey talks to The Hollywood Reporter about "eye-opening" histories, teaming up with your enemies, the mystery of Diggle's brother Andy and why Felicity and Oliver won't work -- for now.

How eye-opening was it for you to revisit Diggle's first meeting with Lyla?

It was very eye-opening. Every piece that I can get of Diggle's backstory is always very interesting. I think Diggle's one of the most interesting characters, like everyone else, and I think the appeal and the connection people have with him is that he's a normal guy. Everyone else on the show, particularly Team Arrow -- with Roy, Sara and even Felicity -- are extraordinary. Felicity is the top 5 percent [in terms of] intelligence in the world; she's very smart, she can hack anything. People identify with Diggle because of that -- he's just a guy who decided to better himself. I'm always floored when I get more and more of the backstory.

Because this is a Diggle-centric episode, we finally see Diggle and Lyla's encounter in Afghanistan. Did their initial meeting match up with the ideas that you may have had?

When Audrey [Marie Anderson and I] first worked together there was an initial spark. Lyla was someone who Diggle got information from A.R.G.U.S., which is our "S.H.I.E.L.D.," and she was a lover from his past. The chemistry was such between us as actors that the writers really saw that and the audience responded to it, and they were like, hmm, how can we explore this? She ultimately became a bigger part of his backstory.

What's intriguing about this episode is that Diggle is forced to work with villains such as Shrapnel, Bronze Tiger and Deadshot, who aren't exactly on the right side of the moral compass. How does Diggle feel about having to be on the same team, if temporarily?

There's a constant theme with this episode with Diggle. Lyla says, "Diggle, you're rigid. You see the world through these strict lenses," even though he should know better than that because he's been working with the vigilante, who certainly bends the law. We all see what we're doing as the right way and that's the big lesson for Diggle. There's a lot of shades of justice. Even though he may not agree with how A.R.G.U.S. does it, A.R.G.U.S. is working for a greater good as he is. Their methods are questionable and so are his and Oliver's. I think he gets a good lesson in this episode and I think Oliver gets it too. From here to the finale, you're going to see Oliver and Diggle having to accept methods that maybe they never would have accepted in the past and having to work with people they would've never worked with, i.e. their "enemies," because they have a bigger enemy in Deathstroke.

Executive producer Marc Guggenheim had hinted that Wednesday's episode won't be the last we'll see of the Suicide Squad. How soon in the near future will they be back?

We only have a few more episodes before we have to mount up against the Mirakuru-injected Deathstroke. I put it like this: We're going to need all the help we can get and that's not limited to any member of the Suicide Squad.

What's the likelihood that we'll see Diggle's brother Andy in the future, perhaps in flashback form? Is that particular story something you'd like to explore further?

Not only would I love to, but you will. That's something the writers have absolutely said they're going to get in. We left a nugget some episodes ago and we even touched on H.I.V.E., the organization that hired Deadshot to kill Andy. That's a big thing. Andy's very much involved with that and H.I.V.E., as DC fans will understand, is a big story. The writers have the habit of dropping a nugget that they may not reach again in four or five episodes down the line, so H.I.V.E. and Andy Diggle is a big story come season three.

So still a chance we could one day meet Andy?

That I don't know. I don't know if you'll ever see Andy Diggle in flashbacks but that sure would be fun and that option we have discussed, that is on the table. No one has ever ruled out ever seeing Andy Diggle. With these writers, there's a very good possibility in a flashback we could be seeing Andy Diggle and a younger John Diggle.

Several more Flash characters will be coming by Starling City. Can you share details on their impending arrival and whether Diggle interacts with them?

Very much so. Team Arrow has some interaction with them [Caitlin, played by Danielle Panabaker, and Cisco, played by Carlos Valdes] in the investigation. I can't speak for [the writers], but obviously this is in the same time period even though one will be in Starling City and the other will be in Central City. So all things go well with the Flash pilot and people love it and it's picked up, I can't imagine that crossover universe ever not happening. The characters that you see cross over into Starling City this season, if the Flash pilot is picked up I think that will be more normal than not.

Is there a moment from "Suicide Squad" that you can talk about?

It's the last scene Diggle has with Lyla after he's gone through this experience with Deadshot and A.R.G.U.S. -- and being manipulated by the team. He has a line where he tells Lyla that the one who is in charge of protecting the world is not as honorable as the one who was hired to kill his brother. There are shades of gray and has always been something Diggle has been putting behind him; he likes it black and white. That's the theme of the whole show, that none of this stuff is easy, that all these characters, particularly Team Arrow, are trying to make the right decisions and find the right path.

Lastly, Diggle has been incredibly observant of Felicity's dilemma with Oliver. What's his take on the Oliver, Felicity and Sara situation?

Diggle has noticed, as we know, since he's talked to Oliver about it. Diggle's heart is, in terms of [Oliver and Felicity's] relationship ever forming, he thinks Oliver needs to grow up more. At this point, he probably knows Felicity is maybe too good for Oliver, only in the sense that I think that he knows that Oliver can be the man he should be. Right now, Diggle recognizes that Oliver needs to get his stuff together first before he can be with Felicity.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... les-689413

- Michael Rowe sobre Deadshot 'Jugando Limpio' con Diggle, el Fracaso del Suicide Squad y Más (TVLine):
Michael Rowe sobre Deadshot 'Jugando Limpio' con Diggle, el Fracaso del Suicide Squad y Más
Por Andy Swift 19 Marzo, 2014 08:57 AM PDT

Arrow Suicide Squad DeadshotThe Suicide Squad makes its highly anticipated appearance in tonight’s Arrow (8/7c, The CW) and could truly become a force to be reckoned with — assuming its members don’t kill each other first.

TVLine spoke with Michael Rowe, the actor behind Deadshot’s wicked aim, about what to expect from his character’s new position — and whether or not we might actually find ourselves liking the man who killed Diggle’s brother.

TVLINE | Let’s start with your character, who we’ve only seen solo at this point. How will he function in a group setting
You see his personality come out and you see his sense of humor a lot more, which is how he is in the comics. All these characters have appeared separately throughout the arc of Season 2, but this is the first time they’re assembled together — the first official appearance of the Suicide Squad. A chemical weapons threat takes us on an overseas mission to take out the character responsible for that. Diggle and Lyla being attached to the team makes for some really interesting scenes to say the least.

TVLINE | Ah, Diggle. I imagine he won’t be happy to see Deadshot?
[Laughs] Yes, he’s obviously less-than-thrilled to see me, and very surprised. It’s a continuation of what was already between them; it progresses their relationship. He has a lot of issues, but I’ve already said my piece in the past about the situation regarding his brother. We’re forced to play nice just while we’re together in this team setting.

TVLINE | And what does Deadshot bring to that team?
Each character has their speciality. I’m the weapons guy, Shrapnel’s good with explosives, Diggle’s kind of a jack of all trades — he has ties to the people we’re battling from his history in Afghanistan — and Bronze Tiger does his thing, too. Amanda Waller, of course, is the brains of the operation, running things. She moves the pieces, but it doesn’t go exactly the way she plans it.

TVLINE | Why am I not surprised? Does that have anything to do with Deadshot making things difficult?
I will say he really doesn’t play nice with anybody. But because they’ve made [joining this team] very appealing to him, I don’t know if he have much of a choice. So he joins the team, but he still sticks it to everybody every chance he gets.

TVLINE | Are we going to like Deadshot?
Well, he’s obviously a messed-up dude, but there are reasons for that. It’s really boring to just view someone as a monster. When you figure out what makes them tick, that’s when things get interesting. I think there will be moments when you kind of understand Deadshot, and that’s why I like playing him. There’s something about him you can’t help but like. This guy doesn’t like himself. He doesn’t care about his own life, and that’s very freeing.

http://tvline.com/2014/03/19/arrow-suic ... -spoilers/

- David Ramsey habla sobre Diggle, el Team Arrow y el SUICIDE SQUAD (newsarama):
David Ramsey habla sobre Diggle, el Team Arrow y el SUICIDE SQUAD
Por Seth Robison and Lucas Siegel 18 Marzo 2014 Time: 04:00 PM ET

Walker Stalker Con 2014 might have been a celebration of all things zombie in general and The Walking Dead in specific, but by no means did it limit itself to concerns of the undead. The modest event that took place in the Chicago suburb of Rosemont (the same site that’s hosted Wizard World conventions for years) managed to attract most of the core cast of The CW’s hit superhero series Arrow including Stephen Amell, Emily Bett Rickards, David Ramsey and Manu Bennett.

In a brief panel discussion fueled by attendee questions, the four stars revealed a bunch of little details about life on the Arrow set, including a comparison of ‘battle scars’ earned during on-set mishaps. One in particular came when Emily Bett Rickards butted heads with Caity Lotz's Sara "Canary" Lance just after a stunt at the climax of the Clock King episode. Manu Bennett almost put out his eye for real when his eye-patch wearing, present-day Slade Wilson jabbed his blind-side with the unseen corner of a car door.

In-between jokes about how the show’s infamous salmon ladder must always be used shirtless, and a story about how Manu Bennett all but secured his role as Slade Wilson by accidently rendering an Arrow staffer unconscious with a choke hold he learned from members of the US Armed Forces he met during a USO-like event in Kuwait just days before, a few precious details were leaked about where the show is going as it heads into the final five episodes of the season – episodes that include loaded episode titles like “Suicide Squad” and “Birds of Prey.”

Stephen Amell hinted that it wouldn’t be long until his heroic alter-ego was finally identified as “Green Arrow” after spending the run of the show so far as merely “The Hooded Vigilante,” “The Hood” or “The Arrow.” The panel also revealed that this week’s John Diggle-focused “Suicide Squad” episode that features bad guys that Team Arrow has put away including Diggle’s personal nemesis Deadshot, knife-wielding martial artist Bronze Tiger, explosives expert Shrapnel and a hereunto unidentified blond woman in pigtails and black nail polish who may or may not be Harley Quinn, is the first step in a big build-up to the season finale.

With this landmark DC TV Universe-expanding episode approaching, Newsarama cornered David Ramsey to try and squeeze a few answers from the actor about it, him and the stoic John Diggle. Newsarama editor Lucas Siegel caught up with him later via the phone to pull a few more teases and details out of him.

Newsarama: David, it’s a big week for John Diggle; can you tell us about your experience shooting the Suicide Squad episode?

David Ramsey: It’s a big week! It’s gonna be crazy. [The production] was great, it’s a great episode, Diggle has to make some decisions about working with the Suicide Squad. He has to, to achieve a larger goal obviously of taking down the bad guy. You are going to see some interaction with Deadshot, his arch-enemy, again, but you are also going to find out something about their relationship that you’re not expecting, so there is going to be a nice twist to that. But you have to remember, whatever happens with the Suicide Squad, it’s all ramping up to our ultimate showdown with Slade Wilson, so there will be a little nugget at the end of this episode that takes us in that direction.

Nrama: There have been many additions to Team Arrow this season as more and more heroes learn Oliver’s secret, how do you feel about that and how does the character of John Diggle feel about that?

Ramsey: I, David Ramsey, feel great about that. I think it’s a great story point, something else to provide drama. Diggle, well, Diggle is a military guy. He’s a guy who wants this to be a secretive as possible so he is naturally, as his is about most things, cautious. So, Diggle: cautious. David: fine with it.

Nrama: How would you gauge the response to the Diggle-centered episodes, and would you like to see more of them?

Ramsey: Yeah, I’m always happy doing that kind of work and at the end of the day I’m always happy when they are giving me a lot of stuff to do. I don’t envy Stephen [Amell], he’s doing freakin’ seventeen hours a day, it’s crazy, and that’s the kind of thing I do when it’s a Diggle-centered episode. That is tough, but I love it, the writing is so good, the stuff it gives me to do as an actor, it’s a dream.

Nrama: How do you feel about the John Diggle character making the jump into the ‘real’ Green Arrow comic?

Ramsey: Isn’t that great? I have [the fans] to thank for that. Because this has really been about the fan’s connection to Diggle and really insisting that Diggle be more intricate and be used more. DC listened to that, and I’m very proud of that and [the fans] made it happen

Nrama: David, The term “Suicide Squad” carries a lot of weight for DC fans. When did you first see that term pop up in the story, and how much did Andrew, Marc and company tell you this was being built up to?

Ramsey: Well, they told us somewhat early on this season that they had some plans for the Suicide Squad, and they were working for a good story for them. They did not tell me, however, that Diggle would be the “A” Story for “Suicide Squad.” I didn’t know that until about two weeks before I got the script. They told me, “Hey, we have a good story for you, it’s coming up in the Suicide Squad episode, I think you’ll really like it!”

I had no idea, really, that I’d be working in such a big part of the “Suicide Squad” story.

Nrama: As a former soldier, Dig understands the concept of following orders, but how far can he really be pushed, and will we see him be pushed far in this episode, especially with Deadshot involved?

Ramsey: You will. He really does get pushed far.

I think that Diggle, often he’s pushed far by some external force: “you have to do this because Felicity is being held ransom” or “you have to do this because your wife might die” like in the Russian episode, when he had to go there because Lyla was held captive. Those are external things going on. Obviously, there are some external forces here, in that ARGUS has once again strong-armed Diggle into doing something maybe he doesn’t want to do.

But there’s a bigger thing here, in who Diggle is and has always been as the honorable soldier, like you said. He has to negotiate his own “honor” with people that are not honorable, but are achieving an honorable goal. At the end of the day, he has to recognize that is what he and Oliver do every day. Perhaps in some peoples’ eyes, this would not be honorable. At the end of the day, they both have killed, they both have taken lives in order to achieve a larger goal.

At the beginning of the story Diggle doesn’t see that parallel between what he does with Oliver and what ARGUS is doing with the Suicide Squad. I don’t know that he jumps on board by the time the story ends, but he definitely questions his stance, his rigidness when it comes to his understanding of justice. I think there’s some soul searching going on in this story for Diggle. He comes in as a man very set in his ideals, and he leaves questioning them.

Nrama: Very interesting. You’ve said that while “Suicide Squad” may appear to be a fairly stand-alone episode, it also does still lead-in to the ultimate confrontation with Deathstroke as the season finale, right? Can you give any hints as to how it ties in? Is it more of a thematic tie-in or a direct one?

Ramsey: I think it’s both. There’s an obvious tie-in at the end, that really does tie us into Team Arrow, ARGUS, and our information about Deathstroke. We do see that at the end, it’s a very physical tie-in.

But also, both these men, Diggle and Oliver, end up in the same place emotionally. They both need help coming to grips with who they can ask for help from, who they will accept help from. Diggle will have to accept help from the Suicide Squad, and Oliver will have to accept help from some outside forces in order to create something that can match Deathstroke’s abilities.

So you’re going to see a physical tie-in to this. How we get there, I think is very, very clever. Like I said, Diggle and Oliver are both coming to this very similar place.

Nrama: It’s interesting that you say that, because I didn’t see a lot of people pointing this out, but it sure seemed like Deathstroke coordinated with ARGUS to have Diggle taken at the end of the last episode…

Ramsey: Hmm. It’s interesting you say that… but I can’t tell you. (laughs)

Nrama: We’re getting not just Diggle-centric in the present day, but we’re also getting a Diggle flashback! What was it like shooting those scenes, and what do they add to your character for you as well as for fans?

Ramsey: Anytime you flesh out a character, as long as that writing is good, you’re giving those fans a treat! As long as the story is compelling and the fans care, when you flesh out that story it’s great. I think the fans do care about Diggle, they’ll care about his story, this flashback. It gives them one more nugget of who Diggle is and why he is who he is.

For me, David, any time an actor gets more backstory, it’s great. There was a scene last year with Diggle and Felicity where he explains how he had to protect a warlord, and had to kill a child in the process, and that did something fundamental to Diggle. He had to question whether he remained a good man, because he had to follow orders, but in doing that he had to kill a child and protect someone that didn’t deserve protecting, in his estimation.

We actually play that scene out in Afghanistan in this flashback. It helps shape my understanding of who Diggle is, so that’s always good.

Nrama: Funny you mention them: there hasn’t been as much time for Diggle-Felicity interaction lately with the crowded Arrow Cave – anything coming up for the original pair of team members?

Ramsey: Yes. We will get back to that. The writers are making a point of that. If it’s not the, it is one of the greatest strengths of the show, Team Arrow, the original members. Every time that you see them on a mission and Team Arrow has to coordinate and work together, you see this well-oiled, well-programmed unit working together. It’s always what the fans identify with most. I think it’s one of the biggest strengths of the show. The writers do, the producers do, and we’re getting back to that.

You know, the big story of who Oliver Queen becomes: The Vigilante, The Arrow, and then Green Arrow – it’s a big story, there are a lot of places we will go in how we tell that story. The Arrow Cave will get fuller, and it will get emptier, but the core team will always remain intact. It’s what has saved Oliver’s life; without Diggle and Felicity, we wouldn’t have Oliver where he is emotionally or as a superhero at this point.

Nrama: You have been inside this character’s mind for two years now, and seen tons of changes, from the dynamic between him and Oliver to the team expansion and the way the Heroing game is approached, like you just said. Ultimately, what would you say Diggle’s goal is in being a part of Team Arrow?

Ramsey: I think that in Team Arrow he has found a place, a place where he feels he is useful. He had that place in a way when he was in Afghanistan. But war, as he explained to Oliver, is something that scrapes your soul. That’s what has happened to him. He is war-torn, so he had to leave the military. But he left that service, and now he’s serving again. Serving is what Diggle does.

So who do I see him ultimately as? He is this. Does Diggle become a superhero? I don’t know. Does Diggle stay as the regular guy we can better identify with? He has to remain that, no matter who he becomes. Ultimately, he has to keep these things that we identify with him intact: honor, a sense of duty, a sense of servitude. These are his truths. They may sound really Boy Scout-y, but those are the things we tune into. And we need that, because Oliver doesn’t have that, so we need that in Diggle. As long as we keep that intact, he’ll be Diggle.

Nrama: Just to end on a “Suicide Squad” note, can you give us one specific scene or tease that you’re really excited for fans to see during the “Suicide Squad” episode?

Ramsey: The scenes I’m excited for fans to see is all the scenes between Diggle and Deadshot. The relationship between Diggle and Deadshot will come to a head in this episode. Even if we see more of Deadshot in the future, the relationship between Floyd and Diggle will once and for all change. I’m really looking forward to the response fans will have to that.

http://www.newsarama.com/20605-arrow-s- ... squad.html

- David Ramsey sobre el Suicide Squad: “Oliver habría sido The Huntress sin Diggle” (comicbook):
David Ramsey sobre el Suicide Squad: “Oliver habría sido The Huntress sin Diggle”
Por Russ Burlingame 19 de Marzo, 2014

Tonight’s anticipated episode of Arrow brings John Diggle (David Ramsey, seen above) together with the DC Comics team of antiheroes known as the Suicide Squad.

Bronze Tiger, Shrapnel and Deadshot are all villains that Diggle and his boss Oliver Queen (the titular Arrow) have put away over the course of the show’s thirty-odd episodes…but now Diggle is drafted into service alongside them by A.R.G.U.S. and Amanda Waller, who have formed the Squad to undertake a politically-sensitive mission. Along with his ex-wife Lyla Michaels, Dig will lead the Squad into action…and if it all goes wrong, Waller will just deny any knowledge of the group and let them die.

Ramsey joined ComicBook.com for a conversation about the episode, and some of the questions that occurred to him while filming (including the big one: Will Diggle be working with these guys more often?).

ComicBook.com: This is the second really Diggle-centric episode this season…this time, even more so than the Russian episode. Is it a little different this time, driving the whole episode instead of just kind of the plurality like you did last time.

David Ramsey: There’s a couple of things that are different. The first one is that there’s more screen time, so there’s more work. Just as an actor, there’s more work. That’s always good if the work is good, if the writing’s good, if the scenes are good, if you’re working with good directors, good [directors of photography]. If all that’s good, then actors want to work. They love working on good work. I’ve been fortunate that the writing is always good on this show for Diggle, so this is a good thing.

That’s just one element. Another element is, it’s more of a sensual thing which is that you understand that your choices are really driving the story along in a bigger way than perhaps the Russia episode did. All the questions that a viewer would have now, I have, like what does this mean for the future? What does this mean for Suicide Squad? What does this mean for Diggle? Is he going to start working more with Suicide Squad? All these questions start coming out because my decisions have really led the story along, much more so even than the Russia episode.

So I would say those are the two big things that really stand out as a differences in this episode but I will say this: All of these decisions that Diggle has to make in this episode — even though Diggle is kind of moving the “A” plot forward — all of this leads to Slade Wilson and what choices Diggle and Oliver are going to have to make in order to face him. I’ll leave it with this: Interestingly enough, even though I am quote the “A” plot, and I would even say Oliver’s story would be the “B” story in this particular episode, we both emotionally end up in the same place, which I just think is good writing. These two men, even though they’re not working on the same mission, end up having to make the same choices in this episode. It’s just a great, great piece of writing.

ComicBook.com: They often do that kind of mirroring in the flashbacks, but you guys have flashbacks in this episode and so you were doing it in a really multifaceted way.

Ramsey: Yeah, and I was happy about that.

ComicBook.com: Obviously, Diggle is a very different man than Oliver and you’ve played a character that seems to have come to terms with his demons much better than Oliver has yet. So, tonally, do you think that this episode is very different from the average episode of Arrow?

Ramsey: I think that Diggle has dealt with these demons — his post-traumatic stress syndrome, right? The stuff that he’s had to come to grips with being war-torn. He’s dealt with those things, what he thinks is in a healthy way. Or at least a lot healthier than what Oliver has, and I think to a certain degree has offered advice in the first and second season that really has saved Oliver’s life.

I think that Oliver would have probably been The Huntress without Diggle. Just a guy killing indiscriminately for his brand of justice. There’s at least four times Diggle has saved his life, so he would probably be dead at this point.

But in dealing with those demons, Diggle has made very strict decisions for himself: This is right, that’s wrong; this is black, that’s white…and these things work for him. But of course things are really so black-and-white because he’s working with a vigilante, so he’s a bit of a hypocrite. He wouldn’t see it that way, but I think that in dealing with his demons, he’s a very rigid person.

ComicBook.com: They kind of tackled that a bit in the preview scene yesterday: It was basically Diggle telling Waller, “These people are crazy and dangerous,” and Waller saying, “Well, you work with Oliver.”

Ramsey: Right. Exactly. I think my point in saying that is I think that he does see himself as being a person of “This is right, this is wrong,” but things aren’t that way, though he sees them that way.

I think that by the time this story ends, he’s been manipulated by A.R.G.U.S. with strong-arm tactics to combine forces with quote-unquote bad guys in order to take out a bigger bad guy. That, to him, is dishonorable. To Diggle, it’s not an honorable code but by the time the story ends, we’ll see that he and Oliver have realized that they’re going to have to look at the decisions that they’ve always made — you know, this being the honorable thing and that being the dishonorable thing — and they’re going to have to re-examine that. And if it means to work with the quote-unquote bad guy to bring down the bigger bad guy, then maybe we have to do that.

Diggle comes to grips with that by the end. Interestingly enough, so does Oliver, even though they’re in two different places and that is again because our main antagonist this season is so powerful that we’re going to need all the help we can get.

ComicBook.com: In the comics, Waller has always allowed you to explore that theme, whereas in previous other-media adaptations, she really has been a bit less morally gray. She’s with the government, so she’s a good guy. Here…not so much. Do you like being able to really bring that to life for the fans?

Ramsey: Absolutely. And I think in this espidoe we’re going to see all the shades of gray with all the characters.

You’ve seen that with Amanda, but you’re going to see that with some of the decisions that I have to make with Floyd Lawton because up until now, I’ve only known Deadshot and after this episode I get to know Floyd Lawton and so do we in the audience. So it’s different choices that the audience is going to have to make.

ComicBook.com: You said earlier that all these episodes are coming up to you. Do you know what’s coming next in season three, and does that inform your performance when those questions come up?

Ramsey: I always play the truth of the scene, the truth of the moment. We’re not twirling our mustache at the end, saying “I know something you don’t, audience,” because most of the times we don’t.

So we know the truth of what’s on the page, a little bit about what could happen in the future, a lot about our back story and that’s probably the best way to perform anything truthfully, to have a very well thought-out and planned back story, maybe know some places that we’re going to go in the future but being really connected to what’s happening in the present and that’s about it.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/03/19/ar ... ut-diggle/

- Ponemos el Foco en la estrella de ARROW David Ramsey (thetvaddict):
Ponemos el Foco en la estrella de ARROW David Ramsey
Por theTVaddict 19 de Marzo, 2014

David Ramsey plays John Diggle on the CW smash hit ARROW, I spoke with Ramsey about what John’s upcoming challenges will be, what we can expect this season from his character Diggle, and his thoughts on the DEXTER series finale.

When the show killed off Tommy (Colin Donnell) in the first season finale it really raised the stakes in the sense of nobody is safe on the show. Does it make you fearful that your character is never safe?
David Ramsey: (Laughs) Yes! It makes me leery about my character, not so much because of Tommy but because I am an actor who is always looking for work in general. I think all actors, unless they’re the lead on the show are a little paranoid about their role. I was on DEXTER and I was always worried about that on that show as well. But I think to some degree we all are kind of expendable, everyone except for Oliver. (Stephen Amell) We all kind of wonder about that, who will be next and will that person be me?

Where do we find John in ARROW’s next new episode? It seems like a big one with John being introduced to the suicide squad?
You find John with Suicide Squad and how he has to work with them and it will be very interesting with the circumstances that lead to that. You also see some back story with John in Afghanistan, you’ll see how he met Lyla Michaels (Audrey Marie Anderson) his wife to be. And you’ll see some events that really shaped who he became and who he is.

How much of a challenge will it be for John to work with a bunch of criminals that he himself and Oliver have been fighting over the pas two seasons?
Incredibly! I don’t know if anyone on the show has a strong sense of honor as much as John does. Obviously working with people who are sworn criminals is not his ammo and that is something he is not ready to compromise with. This will provide a tremendous challenge to John but the greater good prevails and he has to do what he has to do to accomplish his mission.

Will Oliver and John’s relationship ever be the same after the episode?
Both of these men kind of have problems, and a forming strong bond, and strong relationships. And I think both of them are kind of isolated men in a way, they both have that journey of how to share and become more open. I think all of their experiences ultimately strengthen their relationship, because these two guys are going to remain partners and their bond is just going to become stronger and stronger. It’s going to be at times contentious and challenging for both of them as they grow into better crime fighting heroes and partners.

One imagines that John will be forced to make some big decisions in this episode; do you think he may regret those decisions in the future?
Yes, Amanda Waller (Cynthia Addai-Robinson) he’s gonna have to work with her. And what’s going to come out of that may have some long lasting effects. And even though this episode might be getting away from the main point this story still connects to that. So, you will see some regret in terms of working with Amanda it also connects us to the bigger story.

How have you changed as an actor during the course of ARROW’s run so far?
Every week we come in and do another episode of ARROW and our jaws are always dropping in terms of what they’re giving the characters, how they’re ramping up the season. I think as an actor coming in every week and getting a new script that kind of connects me to my childhood. I was a big comic book freak, and seeing these characters come to life and get arrow eyes because they are the people I remember but they’ve been changed into this arrow universe. Seeing that every week is really a thrill that kind of connects me back to my childhood.

What did you think of the DEXTER finale; it got a lot of mixed reviews in the media, what’s your take on it?
My question is what do you do with Dexter? Do you kill him? I think you only have one of two choices, you either let him go and he lives with his demons, and he cannot live with anyone else because of this demon, which is the choice they made. Or you kill him. I think there is just no pleasing everybody, because some people think that type of evil has to die and other people will think that he’s such an incredible character that you can’t kill him he just can’t live with anyone else. I like the choice they made personally. I like the idea that he cannot get rid of the monkey on his back that he cannot get rid of his dark past, he lives with his demons and the demons will not let him live a normal life. I think that’s a much better story than him dying and that’s the end of DEXTER. I’m glad it’s not the end of DEXTER; maybe we might see a feature, who knows!

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2014/03/19/d ... iew-arrow/

- Spoilers de la S2 de 'Arrow': Felicity, secretos y el 'Suicide Squad' (zap-2-it):
Spoilers de la S2 de 'Arrow': Felicity, secretos y el 'Suicide Squad'
Por Laurel Brown 19 de Marzo, 2014 3:15 PM ET

Lots of story remains to be told in "Arrow" Season 2. Will fans find out more on Felicity -- and will she and Oliver have some more flirting? Who else might learn Oliver's secret before the season finale? And what's up with the Suicide Squad.

Executive producer Marc Guggenheim recently provided a lot of hints to reporters.

The joys of Felicity and Olicity

An awful lot of fans regularly have questions about the Felicity/Oliver pairing colloquially known as Olicity. Those fans do not need to be worried: "You haven't seen the last of Olicity moments," says Guggenheim. "But at the same time, we're not going to just cram them in. ... We always try really hard to let the episode dictate to us what it wants to be."

Even if the audience doesn't get to watch much more Olicity, there's still Felicity to entertain us. What about her? Will there ever be more story? "We'll learn a little bit more about Felicity's parentage in future episodes," Guggenheim says. "Felicity has sort of become this little mystery box where we slowly delve and dole out pieces of information about her background and her life. That's proven to be an unexpected source of fun for us, and we'll continue to do so."

Who learns the Arrow's secret next?

Midway through Season 2, the following people are in on Oliver's secret identity: Diggle, Felicity, Sara, Roy, Slade Wilson, Malcolm Merlyn, Amanda Waller (because she knows everything), Barry Allen, Tommy (RIP) ...

And at least one more person is going to join Team Arrow by the Season 2 finale. "By the finale, more people will know than currently do," Gugghenheim says. "When people know, when members of our cast know, it draws them into Oliver's world and it draws them into the story more. So we tend to get more story out of people knowing than out of people not knowing."

What are the origins of the Suicide Squad?

It seems like "Arrow" has been building up to its "Suicide Squad" episode practically since the show premiered. But there apparently wasn't a single point when the producers made a final decision to bring out the big, criminal guns.

"It happened so organically, I don't have a memory of when it crystallized for us," Guggenheim explains. "We ended up having [Bronze Tiger's] story earlier than expected, in episode 2. Then we were like, we've kind of got Amanda Waller happening in episode 6, oh, and we had Deadshot last year -- that gives us two members of the Suicide Squad, three if you count Amanda. We just started whispering the words to each other."

As for the specific story coming with the episode, that springs from a desire to focus on Diggle. "We wanted to do a Lyla-Diggle story," the producer says. "What would be something good to have them fight about? Someone in the writers' room pitched, if Lyla was involved with the Suicide Squad, and Diggle was not approving of it, that would be a nice source of conflict between them."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... squad.html

- El productor ejecutivo Marc Guggenheim Introduce Starling City al Suicide Squad y adelanta lo que está por venir en el mundo de Oliver (thetvaddict):
El productor ejecutivo Marc Guggenheim Introduce Starling City al Suicide Squad y adelanta lo que está por venir en el mundo de Oliver
Por Tiffany Vogt 19 de Marzo, 2014

Long-time comic fans are going to thrilled with this week’s episode of ARROW, which brings together the famed Suicide Squad. The newest member who is reluctant to join up is John Diggle (David Ramsey). With Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett) hovering in the shadows of Starling City waiting to strike at everyone that Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) loves, this is the worst time for Diggle to be recruited for a top secret government mission.

But destiny waits for no one, not even a superhero looking to protect his own family. Swept up into events bigger than he and Oliver, Diggle finds himself leading the Suicide Squad on a sensitive mission. The episode also features flashbacks which show exactly why Diggle does not want to be a military man anymore. But with Lyla (Audrey Marie Anderson) around, as well as wanting to do the right thing, Diggle begrudgingly jumps back into the world of espionage.

Look for the reappearance of several familiar ARROW villains, including Deadshot (Michael Rowe), Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White) and Shrapnel (Sean Maher). Not exactly Diggle’s dream team, but they are killers who are highly motivated to help out for this mission. With the assistance of Lyla and Amanda Waller (Cynthia Addai-Robinson), the Suicide Squad is deployed and the clock is ticking down to save the world quickly so Diggle can resume his duties in protecting the Queens.

For back in Starling City, everyone has a bulls-eye on their back. Before Diggle’s mission takes him to parts unknown, he is on Felicity stake-out duty, which leads to a very cute and funny moment, which includes the comment, “Nice jammies.” So fans can look forward to seeing a sneak peek in Felicity’s personal life.

As for Oliver, well he is not sitting around waiting for Slade to strike. He is turning over every rock in Starling City and calling in all the favors he can to locate Slade’s hiding place. But Oliver being Oliver, he is a bit brusque in seeking assistance and his commanding manner tends to ruffle feathers. So that is going to spark some definite animosity and problems just when Oliver does not need anything else on his plate. There will be one unexpected ally that Oliver turns to that will surprise everyone.

During a recent press conference, executive producer Marc Guggenheim revealed a bit about where Season 2 of ARROW is going for our heroes.

Suicide Squad
How did you select which of the ARROW characters was going to be in the Suicide Squad?
MARC: The year started with DC providing us with a list of characters who were available and who they would like to see on the show . . . and we slowly put the pieces on the board and slowly realized that it was possible [to introduce the Suicide Squad]. I’m very happy we were able to do it this year.

Oliver’s Secret
With so many people now knowing that Oliver Queen is the Arrow, will anyone else find out before the end of Season 2?
MARC: I would say it’s going to go up before the end of the year. . . . By the finale, more people will know than currently do.

Is that a good thing or bad thing?
MARC: We talk about this a lot in the writers’ room about: are there too many people that just know? Does it diminish the secret identity? Where we have come from is the philosophy that when our characters know, it draws them into Oliver’s world and it draws them into the show more. So we tend to get more story out of people knowing than people not knowing. . . Obviously, different philosophies, different points of view. I wrote that line in Episode 212 about: How many people know? Too many people. That was really a nod to the fans who have been complaining ever since episode 16 of last year, when we told Tommy, as a nod to those fans who do feel like it’s too many. But for us, as writers, we always go towards whatever gives us more story and more interesting story, and for now at least, certain people knowing is more interesting than certain people not knowing.

Since Lance used to be a detective, shouldn’t he have have figured out that Oliver is the Arrow by now?
MARC: I will say Episode 219 pretty definitely answers that question, as far as Lance is considered, and the answer to that will surprise you. It is not something that you would expect.

Barry/The Flash
Will we get to see Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) or any of THE FLASH characters in Episode 219?
MARC: Danielle Panabaker, who plays Caitlin, and Carlos Valdez, who plays Cisco, two members of Star Labs who are part of the regular cast of THE FLASH do make an important appearance in Episode 219 of ARROW. This was something that really came about because obviously Barry is in a coma at the end of Episode 209. That pretty much made it impossible for Barry to appear in Episode 219 because he’s got to stay in a coma until October of [this] year… The idea of bringing in those characters really appealed to us because it allowed us to honor our original intention of doing something FLASH-related around Episode 219 or 220 without having comatose Barry and basically paying Grant Gustin a lot of money to sit around with his eyes closed, unconscious the whole episode. . . We wrote that episode. It’s really boring. But this episode is really cool. . . It allows us to further flesh out the FLASH universe in ARROW.

Slade Wilson
How sane is Slade right now?
MARC: He’s clearly not in his right mind. Episode 218 will give a lot of insights into what is going on in his head. Episode 218 is called “Deathstroke” in large part because we really do get a much greater sense of Slade’s agenda, where he’s coming from, but also what’s going on in his head.

(Marc also described Episodes 218 through 223 as a “rocket ride” all the way through the Season 2 finale, which includes more involving Slade and Oliver.)

Olicity
Is the Oliver/Felicity slow blooming relationship on ice for now?
MARC: It keeps popping up. . . You haven’t seen the last of Olicity moments for sure. But at the same time, we don’t try to cram them in…we always try very hard to let the episode dictate to us what it wants to be.

(Marc also assured that the Oliver/Felicity spark will keep popping back up throughout the remainder of the season.)

Oliver/Sara
How much longer is the dynamic duo of Oliver and Sara going to last professional and personally?
MARC: I don’t think anyone is ever in a good place for too long on ARROW. I will say that where they are right now is not where they will end up by the end of the season — either personally or professionally.

The No Killing Policy
How much of a struggle has it been to keep the ARROW characters on the straight and narrow in trying to live up to the vow to stop the killing?
MARC: It’s been a real challenge. It’s been a challenge to have Oliver take people out without killing them — from a writing perspective. Sometimes it is just easier to kill them. But we have had to adhere to Oliver’s vow to not kill. You’ll see that it comes into play when its right. You don’t always want to stop the action for a philosophical discussion about to kill or not kill. But when appropriate, we like to sort of deal with it. It’s something that has been looming very large over the course of the season. One of the goals for the final 5 episodes is: can we push Oliver to a place where his vow is challenged? There’s no point in writing this vow for Oliver if it is going to be easy for him.

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2014/03/19/a ... ide-squad/

- “Suicide Squad” en Arrow – David Ramsey adelanta el episodio de esta noche (ksitetv):
“Suicide Squad” en Arrow – David Ramsey adelanta el episodio de esta noche
Por Craig Byrne 19 Marzo, 2014

A new episode of Arrow airs on The CW tonight at 8PM but to promote it, we spoke yesterday with David Ramsey, who plays Oliver Queen's right hand man and top support (well, he shares that last title with Felicity) on the show, which features a whole lot of Diggle action as he teams up with Amanda Waller (Cynthia Addai-Robinson) and the Suicide Squad.

Here's the interview - presented in Q&A style with our questions to Mr. Ramsey in bold, and his answers in regular type.

KSITETV's CRAIG BYRNE: "Suicide Squad" brings Diggle back into contact with Floyd Lawton. Can you talk about that?

DAVID RAMSEY: Absolutely. As far as he's concerned, that's his arch-enemy, for obvious personal reasons, and he's not happy about it. This is the second time he's been manipulated by Amanda Waller and A.R.G.U.S., so he's certainly not happy about that, either. Obviously, adding salt to the wound is the fact that he has to now work with his brother's killer, though he knows he was just a hired gun. It wasn't malice that led him to kill Andy Diggle; he understands he was hired by another organization, H.I.V.E., but he still has no love for Floyd.

But, I think by the time the episode ends, there's a new understanding that I think he has, because he gets to reach past the assassin of Deadshot, and finally see a glimpse of who Floyd Lawton is, and I think that affects Diggle in a really profound way. His perspective - I think not only on Floyd Lawton, but ultimately on just how many different shades of justice there are - I think it's a tremendous amount of growth that Diggle's gone through by the end of this episode.

He's a bit hypocritical, obviously, because he's been hired by Amanda Waller, the commander of A.R.G.U.S., to work with the bad guys to achieve a goal that's an honorable goal - taking down a drug lord. I don't think Diggle agrees with the means, but he definitely agrees with the ends, and I think that's what Lyla tries to show him, that that's the same thing that he and Oliver do, even though he sees it as different.

I don't think that by the time this ends, Diggle has the answer. I think he's struggling with the fact that we're going to have to compromise some of our "honorable prime directives" and the code that we have, because we're going to have to get our hands dirty, in that maybe we're going to have to work with stone cold killers to achieve this goal. They're going to have to accept that in order to beat certain people that are so evil and so intent on destroying; i.e. Deathstroke, you're going to have to do some things that you may normally not have done.

What does John learn about his relationship with Lyla Michaels through the events of "Suicide Squad?"

He's always seen Lyla as someone like him, that kind of sees things a certain way. I think he's flat out shocked by the fact that she's on board with these very extreme military tactics that A.R.G.U.S. is employing in getting their job done with the Suicide Squad. They're getting prisoners to do their bidding, and I think he sees it as very clandestine and that Lyla initially is part of the problem, but I think as he goes through this, particularly as he connects on a human level to Floyd Lawton… I think that's really what changes him, oddly enough. Ultimately, he agrees that the means maybe sort of justify the ends, but I think he's ultimately on board with Lyla. He doesn't know if he agrees with every move Lyla makes, but he's in love with her, and he doesn't want to lose her. By the end, that's more important.

When John Diggle goes out with the Suicide Squad, he adopts a code name. How long will it be before he starts taking on an alias when fighting crime with Oliver?

Very good question. I've seen the question on the blogs, too, about who Diggle's code name could be. They've thrown out some names, actually. That's a very good question. I don't know that. I do know that this story with the Suicide Squad and Diggle is not over. I do know that the story of Andy Diggle and H.I.V.E. is not over, and how Diggle relates to that story with H.I.V.E. - I know that those stories are not over. We're going to see more of the Suicide Squad, and we're going to see more of Diggle's investigation into H.I.V.E.. So I'm not quite sure where that leads us, ultimately, with Diggle. Does he become somebody else? Is he working with Team Arrow and outside the camp? I don't know. I do know that his heart and allegiance will always be with Team Arrow. I do know that. But how this story is elongated in the future, I don't quite know.

What was your reaction to seeing Diggle as part of DC Comics in recent months?

Ecstatic. Just ecstatic. Whatever I did was whatever I did, but this is really about the writing, and the fans. The fans really made that happen. The fans have really tuned into Diggle. He's just a regular guy; he's not a super-assassin. He wasn't compelled to become this because he saw his father die, or his parents killed… he wasn't part of the League of Assassins, and he's not the top 2% of intelligence in the world like Felicity. He's just a regular guy. He grew up in the Glades, the inner city, joined the military, and there's something in him that just wanted to do the right thing. That's it. Just a regular guy. Diggle says the stuff that you want to say to Oliver, with such a level of truth and honesty that's really a fresh thing on the show, and I think people just tuned into that. The fans absolutely made Diggle becoming part of the DC Universe happen.

Do you have any final words or teases about tonight's show?

The Suicide Squad is a very exciting episode, but it all leads to the finale. All of these pieces in these final episodes, from Episode 14 and 15 on until 23, all lead to a tremendous showdown, and I hope people enjoy the ride.

http://www.ksitetv.com/green-arrow/arro ... sode/29641

- Marc Guggenheim habla sobre la Season 2, el exponer el secreto de Oliver, el Suicide Squad, The Huntress, los rumores sobre Harley Quinn, el crossover con THE FLASH y más (collider):
Marc Guggenheim habla sobre la Season 2, el exponer el secreto de Oliver, el Suicide Squad, The Huntress, los rumores sobre Harley Quinn, el crossover con THE FLASH y más
Por Christina Radish 19 Marzo, 2014

On Season 2 of the hit CW series Arrow, Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) has rededicated himself to his mission of being more than just another vigilante, and is attempting to become a beacon of hope for the city’s most vulnerable, as The Arrow. With everything changing in both the present-day and the past, there are sure to be big reveals, lots of action, romance and new secrets, in the remaining episodes of this season.

During this recent interview to promote the remaining episodes of Season 2, executive producer/writer Marc Guggenheim talked about how the number of people who know Oliver’s secret will increase before the end of the season, whether viewers might see any of the Suicide Squad characters again, what made now the right time to bring back The Huntress, that they already have an idea for her return in Season 3, where things are headed for Thea, just how insane Slade Wilson might be, the Harley Quinn rumors and speculation, the appearance of two of the characters from The Flash in Episode 19, the inevitable big showdown between Oliver and Slade, and how many more Olicity moments viewers might see. Check out what he had to say after the jump, and be aware that there are some spoilers.

Question: There are a lot of people who know Oliver’s secret now. Is that number going to go down, before the end of this season, or are more people going to find out?

MARC GUGGENHEIM: I would say that that number is going to go up, before the end of the year. By the finale, more people will know than currently do.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

GUGGENHEIM: We talk in the writers’ room a lot about, are there too many characters that know and does it diminish the secret identity? Where we have come from is the philosophy that, when members of our cast of characters know, it draws them into Oliver’s world and it draws them into the show more. So, we tend to get more story out of people knowing than people not knowing. You could say that too many people know, but we always use The Dark Knight trilogy as our compass, and a lot of people knew that Bruce Wayne was Batman, particularly by the third movie, and it doesn’t diminish my enjoyment of watching those stories unfold. Obviously, there are different philosophies and different points of view. For us, as writers, we always go towards whatever gives us more story, and more interesting story. For now, at least, certain people knowing is more interesting than certain people not knowing.

Quentin Lance used to be a detective. How has he not figured out that Oliver is Arrow?

GUGGENHEIM: Episode 19 pretty definitively answers that question, as far as Lance is concerned. And the answer to that will surprise you. It’s not something that you would expect.

How long was the Suicide Squad a goal for this season, and will we see any of those characters again?

GUGGENHEIM: It happened so organically that I don’t have a memory as to when it crystallized for us. The year started, as year one did, with DC providing us a list of characters who were available and who they would like to see on the show. We went through it and one of the characters that spoke to us was Bronze Tiger. We thought, “That’s a character who we could very organically Arrow-ify.” It seemed to make sense to us. But as always, we had to wait for the right time and find the right story to fit the character. As it so happened, we ended up doing it sooner than we expected, which was the second episode of Season 2. And then, we started talking about how we’ve had three members of the Suicide Squad and thought that would be fun to get to. It just happened very organically. But it really started out with wanting to do a Lyla-Diggle story because we’d established this relationship, at the end of last year, and evolved it a little further, getting them back together in Episode 6 of this year. It started off with, what would be something good to have them fight about? And someone in the writers’ room pitched, “Well, if Lyla was involved with the Suicide Squad and Diggle was not approving of it, that would be a nice source of conflict form the two of them. So, it started from a character perspective and realizing that we had a lot of pieces in place. One of the reasons we decided to call the bomber in Episode 10 Shrapnel is that Shrapnel is a member of the Suicide Squad and we thought we could use him, if we ever did the Suicide Squad. I wish we could say we were like Marvel saying, “Oh, we knew we were doing an Avengers movie,” but we slowly put the pieces on the board and realized it was possible. But I’m very, very glad. I’m happy we were able to do it this year, and do it in the way we did it.

What made now the right time to bring back The Huntress?

GUGGENHEIM: Obviously, we love Jessica [De Gouw], and we love the character of Helena Bertinelli. We had been talking, throughout the year, about bringing The Huntress back, under a variety of different scenarios. As always, we start off with asking, what’s a good episode? We don’t think about timing and we don’t think about logistics. We just think about what would be good. Episode 17 is the episode where Laurel gets her groove back. We knew that we wanted to return Laurel to the D.A.’s office, and we knew that, by the end of the episode, Laurel had to be in a good emotional place. So, we wanted to re-establish her, emotionally and professionally. And when you’re talking about bringing her back to the D.A.’s office, you think about what case she’s prosecuting. We talked about a variety of different scenarios, and the scenarios that resonate best with us is, what’s a case that could affect a character that we care about? That led Andrew to pitch the idea, “What if Frank Bertinelli is being prosecuted and The Huntress comes back to town?” And I said, “What if Frank is being prosecuted, but it’s all a sham, and it’s all just to draw The Huntress back in town?” We involved the writers in the process and someone came up with the great idea that the cold open would be Frank Bertinelli being caught and in custody, so that we would get the episode off with a bang. That’s how it evolved. Of course, we started asking the question, what’s Helena been doing? She’s literally been off the show for a year, and what’s she been doing for a year? What mental state is she in? What emotional state is she in? We definitely went into this with wanting to wrap up the whole Helena and her father storyline. The one thing we were very agreed upon, in the writers’ room, from the get-go is that we had to end that story and close that chapter of Helena’s life, so that we can start a new chapter for her. The advantage of bringing The Huntress back, at this point in Oliver’s arc, is that it gave us a chance to articulate how far Oliver has come in his evolution. Had he met Helena today, in this point of his evolution, maybe there wouldn’t even be a Huntress. Maybe he would have solved the problem of her vendetta, in a different way. Back in Episodes 7 and 8 of last year, he was trying to channel her anger and vengeance into a more positive direction. Left to his own devices now, he would try it, in a different way. The tragedy of Episode 17 is that, just as he’s developed this clarity within himself that he could then pass on to her, Helena is in jail, for the time being.

Now that this chapter of her life has closed, where do you think she’s going next? Where would you like to see her end up?

GUGGENHEIM: We definitely have an idea for a Season 3 episode with The Huntress. So, you’ll just have to tune in to Season 3.

Would you like to see more of the Birds of Prey storyline?

GUGGENHEIM: One of the things we would love to do, at some point, is an episode where you’ve got Black Canary, Felicity and The Huntress working together. That’s on our show bucket list. One thing I’ve talked to DC comics about is doing a Huntress series that covers the year that she spent, between Episodes 117 and 217, from her perspective, traveling the world and hunting for her father. All things are possible.

How long will the personal and professional teaming of Oliver and Sara last?

GUGGENHEIM: I don’t anyone is ever in a good place for too long on Arrow. I will say that where they are right now is not where they will end up by the end of the year, either personally or professionally. But, I don’t want to spoil exactly how things unfold.

What was your intention with calling Roy by the Speedy nickname in Episode 17?

GUGGENHEIM: We did it because we want to keep inching Roy towards an Arsenal place. One of the runnings gags is that he keeps getting called Speedy and says, “I don’t like that nickname. Come up with another nickname for me.” When the time is right, eventually the nickname that will stick will be Arsenal, but the time has to be right.

What can you say about where things are headed for Thea?

GUGGENHEIM: As always, things happen sooner rather than later on Arrow. Thea learns something pretty massive in Episode 18 that will cause a tectonic shift in her relationship with Oliver. Thea is in physical danger and emotional danger. The bit that’s being held over her in Episode 18 is a double-edged sword, in that it’s both physical and emotional. I can guarantee that, by the end of Episode 18, one of those edges is going to cut her.

How sane is Slade Wilson? Does he just want revenge, or is he also insane?

GUGGENHEIM: We try not to use the “I” word, as it were. He’s clearly not in his right mind, and Episode 18 will give you a lot of insights into what is going on in his head. Episode 18 is called “Deathstroke,” in large part because we really do get a much greater sense of Slade’s agenda and where he’s coming from, but also what’s going on in his head. Hopefully, Episode 18 will answer that, or at the very least, give you a big, new insight into it.

How prepared were you for the Harley Quinn rumors?

GUGGENHEIM: Completely unprepared. For one thing, we didn’t expect it to end up in the promo, so we were caught a little off guard, on that front. Andrew was very much like, “I totally knew people would lose their minds.” And I was like, “Really?!” I did not expect people to lose their minds the way they did, but I was very glad. So, Andrew was a lot more prepared than I was.

How much of the Batman universe can you plug into this show, especially now with Gotham out there?

GUGGENHEIM: That’s part of the ongoing relationship and discussions that we have with DC. Things have not really changed with Gotham. It’s the same thing that it always is, which is that we have an idea, we go to DC, we talk about it, and we find out where the lines are and which characters are available or not available. I want to manage expectations with respect to Harley Quinn. She was always intended to be an Easter egg. I don’t want people to go in with incorrect expectations and walk away from Episode 16 disappointed. But there is an element to the Easter egg that was not spoiled by the promo, that I think people will find a lot of fun.

Will any characters from The Flash pilot show up in Episode 19?

GUGGENHEIM: Yes. The reason I’ve been holding off on Tweeting the title page for Episode 19 is that 19 is co-written by Geoff Johns, Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti, the team behind The Flash, and I felt like, if I Tweeted that, the jig would be up. Little did I know, the jig would get out itself. But Danielle Panabaker, who plays Caitlin, and Carlos Valdes, who plays Cisco, two members of Star Labs that are part of the regular cast of The Flash, do make an important appearance in Episode 19 of Arrow. This was something that really came about because Barry was in a coma at the end of Episode 9 and that made it impossible for Barry to appear in Episode 19 or 20 of Arrow. He’s gotta stay in a coma until October of next year. But, the idea of bringing in those characters really appealed to us because it allowed us to honor our original intention that we had at the beginning of the year, to do something Flash-related in Episode 19 or 20, without having comatose Barry and paying Grant Gustin a lot of money to sit around with his eyes closed, unconscious for the whole episode. We wrote that episode and it’s really boring. But this episode is really cool and it allows us to further flesh out The Flash universe in Arrow. We get to see their dynamic. They actually shot their scenes for the Arrow episode, contemporaneous with shooting The Flash pilot. Both Episode 19 and The Flash were in production at the exact same time. That isn’t why we did it. That was an added producing/logistical complication. But, it’s just so much fun to see these characters. It’s like previewing Boba Fett in the holiday special. Hopefully, Episode 19 will be a little bit better than the holiday special, but you can see the analogy.

With the amount of things in Episodes 18 and 19, what’s left for the finale?

GUGGENHEIM: Quite a bit. We had a lot of story that we still had to get to. We always knew how this season would end, and we knew the moment that we were building up to. We also knew a good chunk of the moments we wanted to have. Trying to figure out how to cram it all into the remaining episodes was a little bit of a trick. So, we’re very much on this rocket ride from Episodes 19 to 23. We always talk about the season being chapters in a book. Episode 18 is the end of one chapter, and then the final chapter is Episodes 19 through 23.

Do you already know where you’re going to go with the story on the island for Season 3?

GUGGENHEIM: We do. We know exactly what we’re going to do. I think we have more clarity on what’s going to happen in the flashbacks for Season 3 than we did at the beginning of Season 2, for Season 2. We have a very cool storyline in mind. One of the things that we’ve started to talk about is, with him being on the island for five years, what do we do if the show goes past Season 5. By that point, we probably will have run out of money, so the flashbacks in Season 6 will be flashbacks to Episodes 101, 102 and 103. We’ll flashback and do a clip show, and we’ll save money that way.

Is this season heading towards the big showdown between Oliver and Slade, or might that happen before the end of the season?

GUGGENHEIM: I think you will definitely see a series of showdowns. They’re not repetitive. Their confrontation in Episode 18 is a very unexpected one, and the way it unfolds is very unexpected. But this whole season has really been about Oliver versus Slade, with a lot of other elements orbiting it. I don’t think it will be a surprise to say that the conclusion of their story won’t happen until the final episode of the season.

How will Malcolm Merlyn fit into things?

GUGGENHEIM: I would say the secret that Moira and now Oliver have been keeping from Thea will cast a very long shadow over the rest of the season. That will play a pretty big role, all the way up to the finale.

Will we get to learn more about Felicity’s life, outside of the time she spends with Oliver?

GUGGENHEIM: You’ll definitely find out more. In Episode 13 of this year, we talked a little bit about Felicity’s parents. We’ll learn a little bit more about Felicity’s parentage in future episodes. It’s funny, Felicity has become this little mystery box where we slowly dole out pieces of information about her background and her life. That’s proven to be an unexpected source of fun for us, and we will continue to do so. We have this whole backstory for her, that we came up with at the end of last year or the beginning of this year, and it’s been fun to dole out a nugget here and dole out a nugget there. More will be forthcoming, not only is Season 2, but in Season 3.

Will we continue to see the romantic spark between Oliver and Felicity?

GUGGENHEIM: It keeps popping up. The thing about the show is that we’re obviously telling a lot of story with a lot of characters. Not every episode can check off all the boxes. We really do think of the show as a season. By the end of the season, hopefully you’ll have seen enough Isabel Rochev, you’ll have seen enough Roy, you’ll have seen enough of Oliver and Felicity, you’ll have seen enough of Oliver and Laurel, and you’ll have seen enough of Oliver and Sara. You haven’t seen the last of the Olicity moments, as people call them. But at the same time, we don’t try to cram them in. We don’t go, “Oh, we haven’t done that in awhile, so let’s cram it into an episode.” We always try very hard to let the episode dictate to us what it wants to be.

http://collider.com/marc-guggenheim-arr ... interview/

- Stephen Amell y David Ramsey Adelantan la llegada del Suicide Squad (TVFanatic):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL2F9gP0j_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7gsFmTCyyg

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”