"ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arrow

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arr

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.03 "Corto Maltese":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Dossier Calle 13 Arrow: Felicity Smoak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA8hJasi4eY

- Nueva imagen BTS del crossover con "The Flash" (08-10-14):

Imagen

(@FLASHtvwriters The question is not who would win in a fight but who couls they defeat together)

- Nuevas imágenes BTS por la premiere de la S3 (08-10-14):

Imagen Imagen

(@caitylotz: Shhh shhh sweet Nyssa. Everything is going to be okay. #ArrowSeason3Premiere #LGBT)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 3.02 "Sara" Promo (HD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVfbGvJQYUc

- Arrow 3.02 "Sara" Extended Promo (HD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrsAe6QXlaU

- Arrow 3.02 "Sara" CTV Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMn_JuIR6jk

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 3.01 "The Calm". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow Shock: ¡Marc Guggenheim Sobre el Por qué Pasó (greenarrowtv):
Arrow Shock: ¡Marc Guggenheim Sobre el Por qué Pasó
Por Craig Byrne 08 Octubre, 2014

[Beware, spoilers for the Season 3 premiere of Arrow, titled "The Calm," are discussed within.]

Most of the Arrow audience thought they knew what to expect going into Season 3… and then it was all turned on its ear, when Sara Lance, played by Caity Lotz, was shot with arrows by an unknown assailant. Arrow’s first Canary doesn’t seem to have cheated death like she did when she went down with the Queen’s Gambit… this time it seems permanent.

We spoke with Marc Guggenheim at a press Q&A last week where he discussed how and why this happened.

“Basically, every season, we spend what really should be our hiatus and what really should be me relaxing on a beach planning out the whole season. It’s what we did in Season 1. It’s what we did in Season 2. We did the same process in Season 3,” Guggenheim said. “We just started off talking about ‘what’s the season about?’ I’ve spoken at length, at this point, about that it’s about identity. We talked about what Oliver’s journey for the year is going be. We talked about what all the other characters’ journeys for the year would be. Just in the course of those story conversations, we had this notion of starting the year off in a way that we typically end the year. It was just part and parcel of our plan for the year ever since we started. It was one of the first ideas that we kicked around,” he told us.

“It was hard. Every time we kill off a character on the show, it’s always incredibly hard. We’re not Game of Thrones. We’re not Sons of Anarchy. It’s really, really, really difficult. We’re very lucky. I really mean this. Our cast and our guest cast are always wonderful people. We’ve been very lucky. We don’t screen people for their personality, but we have this great group and a really wonderfully welcoming cast, and Caity Lotz completely fit into that family. So it’s always really hard to kill of someone who you just really enjoy working with and you really love writing for and love seeing on the screen. But as with Tommy’s death, as with Moira’s death, the story implications for this development are so far-reaching for the show and affect all of the characters. We always call it it’s the terrible story math. It kicks off, obviously, a mystery that will drive us for at least the first half of the year. It will set Laurel on a trajectory that she’s never had before on the show. It will create all these other complications and dynamics that I can’t talk about because it would spoil stuff. It buys us a lot of story, and it speaks to all the things that we wanted to do this year in terms of Laurel’s character, in terms of Oliver’s character, in terms of Felicity’s character. It’s always a hard thing to do, but it is really the engine that’s driving the whole third season,” Guggenheim explained.

Sara’s death will definitely affect how Laurel and Oliver interact, and probably not necessarily in the ways that one would expect. “I think Sara’s death probably pulls them closer together than pulls them apart,” Guggenheim said. “That’s not to say there’s not significant moments of conflict between them also. That’s one of the reasons we killed Sara off: the amount of story and richness that we get out of it. There’s a scene in episode 2 where they’re going at it and can’t stand each other. And there’s also a scene in episode 2 where they’re the closest they’ve ever been. And that’s all in the same episode. And it doesn’t feel schizophrenic, it doesn’t feel inconsistent. Every moment feels earned, because of the emotional roller coaster these people are on.” The death of Sara might also change Diggle’s decisions as far as being part of the team goes. “In episode 2, let’s say the circumstances of Sara’s death change up a lot of things for all of our characters,” Guggenheim revealed. There will also be some questions among the characters: For example, will Quentin be told? Could he handle losing his daughter a second time?

As far as relationships go, even before Sara’s death, don’t hold a funeral for “Olicity” yet. “It’s also something we’re going to be dealing with over the course of the season. The end of that hospital scene didn’t just take Oliver and Felicity and put them back in a box. The repercussions of that scene and that storyline in episode 1, that’s going to follow them over the course of season 3. It’s not over. We didn’t just hit pause or reset on their relationship. This is just a development in an ongoing relationship,” Marc promised.

Finally… what was that news about Caity Lotz signing a contract for a number of episodes in Season 2? Guggenheim insists he was not lying. “You’re going to see her in the next episode, and then you’re going to see her in at least a third episode. And the truth is we have stories that involve Caity Lotz. One of the beautiful parts of the show is we do flashbacks. We still want to tell the story of what happened when Sara washed up on the shores of Lian Yu, after the events of 223, the sinking of The Amazo, and how she met Nyssa and how she joined the League of Assassins. There’s still a lot of story left to be told with Sara. We did make a contract with Caity for three episodes. You certainly haven’t seen the last of her,” he said. Sara’s not the only one we haven’t seen the last of: Her death will bring Nyssa back to town — look for Katrina Law in the fourth episode of the new season.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-shock ... ened/19145

- Productor ejecutivo de Arrow sobre el por qué la premiere de la S3 terminó con ese impactante evento (IGN):
Productor ejecutivo de Arrow sobre el por qué la premiere de la S3 terminó con ese impactante evento
Por Eric Goldman 8 Oct 2014

Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim had a question for those of us among the press who’d assembled to watch the Arrow: Season 3 premiere a few days ago: “Do you guys hate us for killing off Sara?” Yes, the Arrow team are well aware that there will be many displeased with the death of Sara Lance, AKA The Canary, in the final moments of the episode.

So why did they kill Sara? Said Guggenheim, “We just sort of started off talking about what’s the season about. I've spoken at length at this point that it’s about identity and we talked about what Oliver’s journey for the year would be and we talked about what all the other characters' journeys would be and just in the course of those conversations, we had this notion of sort of starting off the year in the way we typically end the year. It was just part and parcel of our plan for the year, ever since we started. It was one of the first ideas we kicked around.”

That being said, Guggenheim noted, “It was hard. Every time we kill off a character on the show, it’s always incredibly hard. We’re not Game of Thrones, we’re not Sons of Anarchy. Its really, really difficult. Especially because, we're very lucky, and I really mean this - our cast and our guest cast are always wonderful people. We’ve been very lucky. Like when we were meeting with Brandon Routh, part of our process with casting recurring characters is obviously we don't screen people for their personality, but I tell you, we've got this great group and a really wonderfully welcoming cast. Caity Lotz completely fit into that family. It’s always hard to kill off someone who you just really enjoy working with and you really love writing for and seeing on the screen.”

Guggenheim promised, “As with Tommy’s death, as with Moria’s death, the story implications for this development are so far reaching for the show and affect all of the characters. It really kicks off a mystery that will drive us for at least the first half of the year. It will set Laurel on a trajectory she’s never had before on the show. It will create all of these other complications and dynamics that I can't talk about because it would spoil stuff. It buys us a lot of story. It speaks to all of the things that we wanted to do this year in terms of Laurel’s character, in terms of Oliver's character, in terms of Felicity’s character. It's always a hard thing to do but it's really the ending that is driving the whole third season.”

Guggenheim also got into specifics about how Sara’s death will affect some of the characters closest to her.

We WILL See Sara Again

We’d heard Caity Lotz would be appearing in a minimum of at least three episodes this season and when I asked Guggenheim about that, he replied, “I wasn’t lying! I wasn’t lying! Totally true. You’ll see her in the next episode and then you’ll see her in at least a third episode. And the truth is, we have stories that involve Caity Lotz."

"One of the beautiful parts on the show is we do flashbacks and we still want to tell the story of what happened when Sara washed up on the shores of Lian Yu after the events of 223, the sinking of the Amazo, and how she met Nyssa and how she joined the League of Assassins. There’s still a lot of story left to be told with Sara. But we did make a contract with Caity for three episodes, so I wasn’t lying and you certainly haven’t seen the last of her.”

The Crying Game

Guggenheim describes next week’s episode as “probably one of our most emotionally gut-wrenching episode, as it needs to be, as it should be, because this character’s death affects all of the characters on this show. It’s kind of brutal. I will say – I don’t want to spoil it too much – but we chose the title ‘Sara’ because it actually has a double meaning. I really don’t want to say more than that, but it does have a double meaning. And it’s harsh. I will say there’s the question of what should be done with Sara’s body. There’s the question of who do they tell? Do they tell Lance, for example, that his daughter died a second time? There’s the emotional repercussions for everybody, but it definitely has repercussions for Oliver and Felicity and it has repercussions for Felicity and Ray Palmer. And obviously for Laurel. Laurel’s very much at the center of that episode.

"I have to say, I think it’s one of our best episodes. I’m really, really happy with it, because everything is just sort of laid bare and it’s all there. Everyone’s raw and naked. It was a really hard episode for the cast to shoot, particularly Emily [Bett Rickards], Stephen [Amell] and Katie [Cassidy] – and Caity Lotz, who basically has to lie on a slab and not breathe and actually does a very, very compelling job of being dead. It’s really, really powerful stuff. It’s a herd episode to watch. If you’re prone to tears or capable of crying watching a TV show, you’ll probably be crying.”

While Arrow's had a couple other big deaths before, Guggenheim said this time, they were able to play out the immediate consequences in a bigger way. "When we killed off Tommy in 123, we went into a season finale end and a hiatus, so we never really dealt with the repercussions of his death. And with 221, after Moira’s death, we sort of dealt with that by taking Oliver out of the show, essentially, for an act. This episode is sort of the the first time we’ve really taken our time and spend time with these characters In the wake of a major character’s death and I think, as a result, I wouldn’t call it a departure episode, but it’s definitely an episode that has a different spin to it.”

Laurel

Clearly Sara’s death will be impacting Laurel in a huge way and it will also have reverberations for Laurel and Oliver, who said of the two, “There’s a scene between the two of them in episode six and it’s the sweetest scene. Every now and again we do have these scenes between the two of them where you really feel the history between them and that they were best friends and lovers and they were in love with each other. Now they're sort of post-relationship, but there's this history there that's always going to follow them and it's always going to be a bond between the two of them. There's a scene in episode six that's a really good example of that.”

“I think Sara’s death probably pulls them closer together than further apart,” Guggenheim said. “That's not to say that they're aren't some significant moments of conflict between them also. That's one of the reasons why we killed Sara off. The amount of story and richness that we get out of it... There's a scene in episode two where they're going at it and can't stand each other. And there's also a scene in episode two where they're the closest they’ve ever been. And that’s all in the same episode. And it doesn't feel schizophrenic. It doesn't feel inconsistent. Each moment feels earned because of the emotional roller coaster that these people are on.”

Nyssa

When Sara left Starling City at the end of Season 2, she was accompanying Nyssa al Ghul. And yes, we’ll soon be seeing how Nyssa reacts to the death of her former lover.

Revealed Guggenheim, “Katrina Law is coming back to the show. I don’t want to say when it's gonna happen, but she is in episode four. Obviously the whole reason to bring Nyssa back is her finding out that Sara's dead is going to be a big deal.”

Guggenheim added, “We love Katrina and we love the character of Nyssa. I actually feel like with Sara’s death, Nyssa becomes so much more important because I feel like one thing Sara did was provide us a cool, ass-kicking female character on the show and Nyssa definitely fits that bill quite well.”

As for episode four and Law's performance, he remarked, “I think it’s Katrina Law’s finest episode, actually. She's absolutely spectacular."

Lance

As for Sara’s father, Guggenheim said, “One of the things I'm excited about this season is the theme of identify affects everybody. And one of the things that Lance is struggling with is if I'm not out in the field, am I still a cop? Like he said [in the premiere], if I'm not a cop, what am I? Who am I?' He will be struggling with his new responsibilities. But obviously Sara's death will give him a whole mess of other things to struggle with.

“One of the things his job is going to do is it's going to place him in the center of citywide crisis that's never happened before. He's got a scene in 305 with the brand new mayor of Starling City. He never would have had those scenes before. It always would have been a scene with someone who's ahead of him in the police department. So he's moving up the chain and it's requiring him to rely on some different judgmental skills and maybe some political skills as well.

Whodunnit?

In next week’s episode, Guggenheim revealed, “We’re going to turn to a suspect in the killing. With us, you never know how soon things will get resolved or in what way they’ll get resolved.”

Pressed about who the killer is -- with one reporter immediately bringing up Ra’s al Ghul, who we know will be introduced in Season 3 -- Guggenheim smiled and replied, “Alright, I'm gonns spoil it. Everyone remember Raisa from the pilot? The Russian maid at the Queen mansion? It's her. She did it. She's been pissed off she hasn't been part of the show since!”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/09/ ... king-event

- Matt Nable Habla sobre Ra’s Al Ghul en la S3 de ARROW (schmoesknow)
Matt Nable Habla sobre Ra’s Al Ghul en la S3 de ARROW
Por Alex Welch 09 Oct 2014

Hey Schmoeville!

Alright everyone, I’ve been promising something big for all of you Arrow fans out there, and here it is, a Schmoes Know Exclusive interview with actor Matt Nable who will be playing Ra’s Al Ghul in Season 3 of the show, which just premiered last night. I was really lucky to get to talk to Matt in Australia, actually as he was leaving to go to the airport to fly to Vancouver and start filming for Arrow! He was really awesome and I have a strong feeling he is going to kill it as Ra’s in this season Schmoeville. I already thought he would before I got to talk to him, but after chatting with him for a little bit, oh yeah, I feel like we’re in store for something special with this incarnation of the character.

Also, just a heads up, but if you haven’t seen the Season 3 Premiere of Arrow that aired last night yet, you can still read the interview, but I do speculate on what some of the things we talk about in the interview could mean following some of the events of the premiere. So feel free to read the interview as I got some really awesome info and insight on the character of Ra’s this season and how much of a part he’ll be playing, but afterwards you might want to go and watch the episode and then come back and read the rest!

And now without any further ado, you can check out my full interview with Matt Nable below!

What was the audition process like for the role? This part has been rumored for so long now on the show, so I’m wondering what the process was like for you to get it?

“Yeah, like to be completely honest, I didn’t audition for it. They had seen a film I’d done called ‘Riddick’ with Vin Diesel where I played the lead with him in that, which was released last year. So then we just started having discussions about it and it sort of went from there. I think they had, from what I understand, a fairly good idea of what they wanted. So I guess the character I played in ‘Riddick’ was enough for them to be confident enough that I can hopefully do the job.

But in saying that as well, they had a lot of my other material as well, they had seen a lot of my work. So I probably had that going for me coming off of ‘Riddick’ I think made a big difference. So that’s how it happened, not that I had been asked to audition for it, I obviously would’ve jumped at the opportunity for it, but I think they had a fairly clear idea in their head of what they wanted and how I fit into that. So I’ll be doing my best to not let anyone down.”

Awesome! Were you familiar at all with the character before you got the role, have you started doing research after you got the role, or are you going into kind of blind?

“No no, not at all. I mean ‘Arrow’ over here as well and my boys watch it, though I hadn’t been watching until a little later and they’d record it. But since then obviously I’ve gotten up to speed with it as much as I can with what’s going on and obviously the DC Comic world is a big world and something that I think everyone has either grown up with or is very aware of so I’m definitely aware of what sort of a world we’re playing in and what Ra’s Al Ghul means to the whole world within the DC Comics set-up. You know since then I’ve done as much reading up on the character and watch what reference material I can as well so I’ve made sure I’ve crossed every finger as best I can going into it.

Yeah, you know it’s funny you say that because there aren’t a lot of onscreen versions of the character. There have been a few animated appearances in some of the Batman animations, but as far as I know, the only other live-action person to play the character is Liam Neeson. So that must be crazy to be the guy picked for him when the most recent and vivid representation of the character for a lot of people is Liam Neeson?

“Yeah, it’s certainly very big shoes to fill so like I said mate you know, hopefully I get it right! As an actor you go in with all of the best intentions and you know sometimes it doesn’t work, so having watched Liam in the role he’s of course very very good. You know, to be honest, I do feel some pressure and I don’t think that’s a bad thing, I think it prepares you well and makes you very focused on what you have to do. So I don’t mind the pressure, I think it’s a good leveler and it’s also useful to help keep yourself grounded as well and to realize how lucky you are to be doing what you’re doing in the first place. Definitely filling for those shoes is going to be a task, but like I said mate, hopefully I’ll do the job!”

Oh I have confidence you will. I mean just from the show alone, I have a feeling this version is going to be very memorable, and I’ll just say that.

“[Laughs] Yeah I hope so mate! I hope so! I know the producers are very excited and obviously that’s the goal is to make a memorable character and someone people will remember and talk about so that’s the goal.”

So you’re going to Vancouver now or will be soon, do you know how much you’re going to be working with Katrina Law (Nyssa Al Ghul in the show) or any of the other League of Assassins?

“Yeah they’ve been sending me scripts obviously with the way production works with the show. So I’ve been given one script and some other material. So yes, I will be working with Katrina quite a bit upfront. Which is great! I think she’s great and she’s very good in the role as well as the daughter. I mean, he’s going to have a significant part to play. I’m booked there until April and that’s off and on, I won’t be there the whole time, but I can say it will be a very meaty role, which is really exciting.”

Yeah! I’m excited for it because coming off a villain like Manu Bennett’s Slade was, I mean they built him for a good season and a half or so before he actually turned and became Deathstroke. So I’m looking forward to seeing how Ra’s does this season, just as a fan of the show myself.

“Yeah it’s going to be good mate! [Laughs] I can’t wait either.”

So you know, speaking of Manu and Slade, do you think we’re going to be getting a lot of backstory with Ra’s? Like maybe flashbacks and stuff like we did on the island, or do you think we’ll meet him and there will be more mystery behind him than there was with Slade?

“From what I can gather, it’s pretty upfront and laid out in front of you on who he is and what he is, but other than that I really don’t know mate. I’m kind of in the dark as much as you guys are, which is not a bad thing for an actor because then you get to sort of play with what’s in front of you. Sometimes I think that you can overthink things, so for me kind of coming into it fresh this way is a good approach. I’ll see it unfold just before my eyes like you mate, just a few weeks before you all see it. So I’ll enjoy that process as well.”

Yeah that’s really cool man. You mentioned that you’ve been researching for the role, has there been any certain or specific incarnations of the character that you’ve been focusing on or the creators told you to focus on?

“No, there’s obviously the very comic-y ones you know in the animations and the Batman animations, and I’ve looked at a lot of drawings of him over the years. Obviously, the reference material I’ve got for him onscreen is Liam Neeson’s character, so you know I’ve been across those and they’re all very quite different, so I’m not too sure about what the producers have in mind for what I’m actually going to look like or which side of that fence I’ll actually lean, I would imagine more to the comics side of it, which I think is good fun. So I’m well-versed in what he looks like and all the different incarnations that he’s had, and so it will be very interesting to see what they come up with mate. I mean, costume is my first point of call when I get to Vancouver, so I’ll know a little more in about 24 hrs and what he’s [Laughs] what’s he’s going to look like.”

Absolutely! The show has done a great job of balancing the comic book looks and lore with what works in live-action TV shows, and from what I can tell, it looks like the perfect mix of Neeson’s very grounded, Nolan take on the character and then the perfect comic book representations as well. Have you talked to any of the actors yet that you’ll be working with?

“No mate, not at all, so I’m going in pretty blind. Which isn’t a problem mate, again actors are pretty good to work with so no, not at all mate, I’m looking forward to it.”

You know, we talked about Manu’s Slade a few times already and his arc. He started out as a hero and you fell in love with the character so that when he turned it was kind of heartbreaking honestly, so are we going to be getting the same kind of arc that we got with Slade from Ra’s from what you know, or is it going to be more of a straight line?

“You know mate, like I honestly don’t know! I wish I could help you out with that. I mean, I know he’s not a, well he’s a villain, but Ra’s is a different type of villain. There’s good parts of that character as well, he stands for something. So I don’t really know where it’s going to go. I know obviously Manu’s character took a turn and I’ll actually get to talk to Manu at some point about it, I know Manu pretty well. I’m sure in keeping in routine with ‘Arrow’ I’m sure, they’ll throw a few curveballs in there as well for sure, just to keep it interesting. So it will be interesting to see what they come up with.”

Ra’s is probably one of the tentpole villains of the DCU, and I know Stephen Amell said for months that he wanted him to pop up at some point in the show, but are there any other characters or villains in the DCU or show that you’d want to do a scene with?

“Oh you know, there’s so many characters in the DC world, I grew up with all those people. Within the contexts of ‘Arrow’ I’m happy enough to be able to do with the Green Arrow! You know I think that’s going to create a good buzz and I don’t know who else they’ve got in mind. I’d like to see exactly what they come up with because they’ve got such a scope there to explore it with what they’re doing. You know I thought Tom Hardy’s Bane was fantastic, The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, etc. and you know there’s so many characters there in the DC world and there’s so many good people as well. So I’ll leave it up to those guys mate, but anyone they put in front of me would be a blast! You know, like I said I grew up with these people so I’d be as excited as anyone to be coming up against any of those guys.”

I just know that if I see a scene with Slade and Ra’s I’ll freak out, probably stand up and start dancing or something.

“[Laughs] Well it might happen! Who knows?”

I’m just so excited because this is going to be such a different type of villain for the show. Like you said he has a code of honor and Ra’s has this sort of royal sensibility about him that is going to be interact with Oliver and Felicity and all of these people. It’s going to be interesting to see especially since the League helped them at the end of last season, so it will be interesting to see where on the picket fence Ra’s lies.

“Yeah exactly! It’s going to be a blast mate. I can’t wait to see as well, and I’ll get the scripts week by week Alex so you know I imagine it will sort of change before my eyes as well. I’ve got every confidence mate that they’ll something special so it’s very exciting.”

Okay, so what can you tease to fans of the show about Ra’s in this season that they might not already know?

“Well you can bet that he’s not real happy when you meet him to put it that way and he’s not happy with The Arrow so that’s about as much as I’m going to tell you, but yeah…. they’re not on very good terms.”

Alright, that’s good for enough for me! Also, I just really hope you get a few scenes with John Barrowman’s Merlyn as well…

“Yeah! Hopefully as well mate, and you know all this DC Comic world crossover into each other, it’d be really nice to get a few years and really explore this character. It’s really nice too because it’s one of the first things of mine that my children can watch, since I traditionally do much different material than this which is also why it is so appealing as well. I can’t wait to get to play around in this make believe world and having a great time mate and hopefully create something that all the fans will respond to and which is usually important and weighs heavy on my shoulders, which as I said before mate, I don’t mind. So fingers crossed I do a good job mate!

Oh I have confidence you’re going to kill it sir.

“Thank you sir.”

I told you I got some good stuff didn’t I Schmoeville? But seriously, Matt was so awesome for agreeing to do this and talk to me while he was on his way to the airport! If that isn’t being a class act then I don’t know what is Schmoeville, and I really can’t wait to see him pop up at some point in this season! Now, the only real question I have regarding the character in this season is what could possibly make him angry at Oliver? You want my opinion?

SEASON 3 PREMIERE SPOILER ALERT

So there have been rumors that both Ra’s and Nyssa will be popping up in the fourth episode of Season 3, or the show’s 50th overall episode. Now, I’m pretty sure recently that one of the producers made a comment that that will be Katrina Law’s last episode on the show? So do you want my opinion on why Ra’s might not be happy with Oliver? I think Nyssa comes to Starling City looking for vengeance and answers in the wake of (Seriously, if you haven’t seen last night’s episode last night TURN AWAY, last warning!….. Okay) Sara’s murder on the rooftop. Then I think something happens to Nyssa, whether it be she dies, or is seriously injured and it will either be Ollie’s fault, or be projected to be Ollie’s fault… bringing on the wrath of the Demon to Starling City, and as Oliver said last season…. they will all pay.

Just some speculation, but that’s what I see possibly happening in the season. But I’m curious to hear all of your thoughts Schmoeville, on both the interview and how you think Ra’s will be interacting with the characters in this season!

http://schmoesknow.com/matt-nable-talks ... ive/30101/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 1.04 "The Magician":
1.04 “The Magician” (29/10/14): NYSSA REGRESA A STARLING CITY, RA’S AL GHUL HACE SU ENTRADA — Una furiosa Nyssa (la estrella invitada Katrina Law) se enfrenta a Oliver (Stephen Amell) sobre Sara. Cuando Oliver se entera de que Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) está vivo, sospecha que Merlyn mató a Sara. Oliver y Nyssa unen fuerzas y van tras el Dark Archer, intentando llevar asesino de Sara ante la justicia. Laurel (Katie Cassidy) mantiene las distancias con Nyssa, ya que culpa de la muerte de su hermana a su relación con la League of Assassins. Mientras tanto, Oliver y Roy (Colton Haynes) trabajan en reparar su respectiva relación con Thea (Willa Holland), quien ha regresado a casa. Nyssa discute con Oliver sobre su padre, Ra’s al Ghul (la estrella invitada Matt Nable). John Behring dirige el episodio escrito por Wendy Mericle & Marc Guggenheim (#304).

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-offic ... urns/19157

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Arrow" Promo de la S3 en Calle 13 (15 de octubre a las 22:25):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLw9dhGVDt0

- "Arrow" S3 en Calle 13 - Promo villano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tiYL0U2wh4

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Imagen BTS muestra a Katie Cassidy haciéndose los moldes para una máscara (11-10-14):
Parece que Katie Cassidy podría estar haciéndose ya las pruebas para una máscara antes de lo que muchos fans habían esperado.

Hoy Cassidy ha posteado una foto en sus cuentas de WhoSay y Facebook en las que se la ve haciéndose un molde de escayola de la cara, en una habitación que además está llena de cosas de Arrow y The Flash, incluyendo moldes de caras marcados con comentarios como "traje de Arsenal" con la línea de una máscara en los ojos.
Imagen

(Katie Cassidy: This is what I call chic. #NoFilter)

Con Arrow y The Flash rodando sus finales de la midseason esta semana, no sorprende que empieen a emerger muchos detalles tentadores sobre la primera mitad de ambas series.

Siempre se supuso que Cassidy se convertiría en Black Canary tras la marcha de Sara (Caity Lotz) al final de la S2 y, durante el verano, los productores así lo confirmaron, diciendo en las entrevistas que Laurel Lance iba a entrenarse con Ted "Wildcat" Grant para coger el testigo.

- Marc Guggenheim sobre Arrow 2.5 y los vínculos de Black Canary con el Suicide Squad (comicbook):
Marc Guggenheim sobre Arrow 2.5 y los vínculos de Black Canary con el Suicide Squad
Por Russ Burlingame 11/10/2014

A new issue of Arrow Season 2.5 hits the stands on Monday from writers Marc Guggenheim and Keto Shimizu, adding to the continuing storyline that connects the second and third seasons of the hit CW drama based on DC Comics's Green Arrow.

Kicking off this week is Suicide Squad: Crisis in Khandaq, a backup story that serves as a second feature for the rest of the "season" and helps to inform what some of the characters not on Team Arrow were up to during the break.

Today at New York Comic Con, Guggenheim joined ComicBook.com to discuss the series.

Will we be seeing some Sara in Season 2.5?

Yes, actually you will. She actually plays a very big role in Season 2.5 and you’ll see her in two ways: you’ll see her in the Arrow story that we’re telling, but you’ll also see her in the Suicide Squad storyline that Keto Shimizu is writing. That, I think, Sara fans will really enjoy because you’ll get to see her in a different kind of light and in a different way than you’ve seen her in the past on Arrow.

Is that how the breakdown goes -- you’re doing most of the Oliver stuff and she’s doing the Squad?

More or less. She’s doing the Suicide Squad stuff an in the Arrow stuff, there are various scenes that I’ll ask her to write. It’s a little more organic in the Oliver stuff and Suicide Squad is her baby.

Now, David [Ramsey] obviously wants a Suicide Squad spinoff…

...Really? [Laughs]

...Well, is it nice to do this in 2.5, because you obviously can’t do the Suicide Squad every week on Arrow.

No, we can’t. And it is very nice. One of the reasons why we chose the Suicide Squad for the digital comic is that it has such a huge fan base and becuase its fans are clamoring for it. Keto’s story is going to feature the Suicide Squad, but it’s also going to involve Dig and a couple of other surprise guests and hopefully the fans who enjoyed the Suicide Squad on Arrow will love the comic book even more. David’s spinoff? One day maybe. You never know!

Obviously you’ve already touched on some things that happened during the gap, with Captain Lance and Roy. Are we going to see how it came to pass that Sara was texted almost immediately and then took five months to show up in the Season Three premiere?

Yes. Actually, one of the things we’re going to be doing is, that’s the whole kind of point of Season 2.5 is to fill in all of those gaps. We’ll also learn what brings Sara to Starling City at the end of Episode 301. She was there for a very specific purpose and we’re going to get to that in the comics. Werner Sidle’s drug Vertigo and Werner Sidle’s appearance chronologically, that will also happen in the comics. We really wanted to be, not required reading for fans of the show, but if 23 episodes a year isn’t enough for them, the comic book will obviously fill a nice little void for them.

There are things you’ll presumably be evolving a bit is the Oliver/Felicity relationship, right?

Is it difficult to slow-pedal that even more than you have in the show?

I think what makes it difficult in the comics is, you don’t have the benefit of on-air chemistry. That’s been a little hard. I’ve been trying to get at that through their interactions and her concern for Oliver. You’ll see a little bit of that in future chapters that are about to be published. Getting that chemistry across on a comic book page, even with as gifted an artist as Joe Bennett, is hard. It’s that X factor on the show that you sort of feel as you’re watching it. We’re doing the best we can, given what the medium of comics allows us.

It’s a very different animal now versus the original Arrow comic. Did the one-and-done format make it easier given the digital format?

Yes, it was much easier. It was a lot easier for me becuase my support staff and my writing staff did the vast majority of that writing. At the same time, one of my favorite things to do in the original iteration of the comic was to do the chapters that really tied in very closely with the series and this is like that on steroids. It’s harder work, it’s a lot more work, it’s a lot more to keep in my head because I need to juggle timeframes while I’m writing. I need to juggle Season Three and Season 2.5, but it’s a labor of love and it’s actually worth all the effort.

You’ve got a ton of other things going on right now; how are you dividing up that time, is it just finding 20 minutes on the set?

A little bit. The majority of my feature writing work I do in the mornings, early morning at 5 o’clock before I come into work. My comic book work I tend to do in the evenings after the kids have gone to bed. The middle of the day is Arrow and sometimes I’ll sneak in the middle of the day a chapter of Arrow 2.5 but it’s sort of catch as catch can sometimes. I always bring my laptop with me and it’s not uncommon to see me outside reception if I’m waiting to go into a meeting and I’m always typing something. If I’ve got 20 minutes or even 15 minutes, I can get a decent amount of work done.

Obviously there are some characters who haven’t had as much screentime as others for various reasons. Are you going to take the comic as an opportunity to flesh some of them out?

Yeah, absolutely. The other thing that’s kind of fun is, we get a chance to spend time with characters and tell little moments of story with them. There’s a moment in Chapter 4 with Thea and Malcolm that we probably wouldn’t have had the screen time for on the show. We do 42 minutes, we usually shoot about 50 minutes of airtime. So a decent amount of material gets left on the cutting room floor. On the comic book side, we don’t have those kind of limitations. I’m finding with the comic I’m able to put in more moments that we typically wouldn’t be able to see on the show and that’s a great boon. Not just for characters like Merlyn and The Huntress but for Diggle and Felicity and everybody.

In Chapter Three, we revealed where Oliver gets some of his tech from. In three years on the show, we’ve never been able to find the time to get that information out. It’s hard, but it’s a great little advantage to have this place to be able to tell story.

He really reminds me a little bit of Harold, by the way, who used to serve a similar function for Batman for a while. Was that on purpose?

No, it’s funny actually: I had in my head a guy who had built so many bombs and built so much stuff that blew up that some of it just blew up on him and he had the scars from it. And then when I got Joe’s character designs back, I was like, “Wow, he does look a bit like Harold.” I think intellectually he’s a very different character from Harold but I don’t mind the parallel. It’s a nice little nod for people who are familiar with that character and have a fondness for him.

One of the things you guys get to do is, budgetarily, you can’ blow everything up every week. So far, it’s been a fairly character-centric comic. Are we going to start to see some of that, “Holy crap, everything’s on fire?”

Not only “Holy crap, everything’s on fire,” but “Holy crap, everything’s on fire in a place that clearly isn’t Vancouver.” One of the advantages of the Suicide Squad story is, we’re going to go to Khandaq, which is a locale we could never show on the show for any extended period of time because there’s no deserts. We might be able to fake it for a scene or two, but an entire storyline set in that world? That’s something we could never do on the show. That’s the other thing we’re always trying to do, which is, what stories and moments that we can show in the comics that we couldn’t show on the show because of budget and logistical limitations?

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/11/nycc-ma ... s-to-the-/

- Stephen Amell Habla sobre la pérdida de -spoiler- en la Premiere de la S3 (comicbook):
Stephen Amell Habla sobre la pérdida de
en la Premiere de la S3
Por Russ Burlingame 11/10/2014

Earlier today, Arrow star Stephen Amell took to social media to talk to fans about the show's season premiere, which featured a surprising and -- for some viewers -- upsetting twist ending.

Spoilers ahead if you haven't seen the episode, obviously.

The week's episode ended with Caity Lotz's Sara Lance -- the Canary -- being shot with a number of arrows and stumbling backwards off a roof to her death.

Here's what Amell had to say on the matter:

It was incredibly difficult losing Caity Lotz from the show. She and I worked together as much if not more than anyone else throughout Season 2. She fit in seamlessly and elevated the show while helping everyone believe that we could introduce a fully formed superhero. Can't say enough nice things about her... can't wait to see what she does next! Still mad she wouldn't spill plot details from Mad Men to me.

This weeks episode is a fitting tribute to her characters contribution. You're going to love it.

Of course, Lotz is contracted for at least two more episodes, and will feature in at least one flashback episode in addition to playing a corpse on Wednesday's "Sara." So fans haven't seen the last of her just yet.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/12/arrows- ... -premiere/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Revelado el título y créditos del episodio 3.09:
Marc Guggenheim, vuelve a desvelarnos el título y créditos de un nuevo capítulo:
Imagen
https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/ ... 1435825152

El episodio 3.09 de 'Arrow' tendrá por título "The Climb". Está escrito por Jake Coburn & Keto Shimizu y está dirigido por Thor Freudenthal.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

"New York Comic Con" (11 Oct 2014)

IMÁGENES:
Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen

(Thanks to @amelladventures, @geeksofdoom, @PopBreakDotCom, @TheFlashPodcast, @Wandering_Lily, @NYCCLegoBatman)

VIDEOS:
- Stephen Amell at NYCC 2014 Full Panel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYn7436CYfQ

- Arrow: Suicide Squad's Potential Return - NYCC 2014 (IGN):
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/11/ar ... -nycc-2014

INFO:

NYCC 2014 Panel Transcript (geeksofdoom):
http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2014/10/12/n ... mell-panel

Pop 5 Moments From the Stephen Amell Spotlight at NYCC (PopBreak):
http://pop-break.com/2014/10/13/pop-5-m ... ight-nycc/

NYCC: Stephen Amell Teases "Arrow" Season 3 (CBR):
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=56307

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Katie Cassidy: Laurel jura vengar la muerte de Sara (EW):
Katie Cassidy: Laurel jura vengar la muerte de Sara
Por Natalie Abrams 14 Oct, 2014 at 8:05PM

Who killed the Canary? That’s exactly what Laurel plans to uncover as she takes steps toward becoming the Black Canary Arrow fans know from the comics.

In the wake of Sara’s (Caity Lotz) death, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) will set her sights on getting revenge, hoping to uncover the identity of the mystery man who shot three arrows into her sister’s gut. While Oliver (Stephen Amell) may not be too happy with that plan, Laurel will find help elsewhere from new addition Ted Grant (J.R. Ramirez). Will she get justice for Sara’s murder? EW caught up with Cassidy to get the scoop:

How will Sara’s death impact Laurel moving forward?
Sara is a huge part of Laurel’s journey and their relationship and the bond between the two of them. The thing that’s great about our show is that it takes place over different time periods. Having witnessed what Laurel witnessed in the premiere, I hope and I think that fans will be happy. She will somehow dig deep enough and rise above it and maybe perhaps head down that path that her sister was on.

Is Sara’s death the catalyst that drives her to follow in her sister’s footsteps?
The Green Arrow needs Black Canary. It’s always been the two of them. I think comic book fans will be happy. Season 3 is a great journey for Laurel. If it was me, personally, it would drive me towards that direction, absolutely.

Will Laurel tell her father about Sara’s death?
I’m not sure if Laurel is going to have the strength to tell her father. I don’t know if she wants to put her father through that. Some things are better left unsaid.

Might Sara’s death bring Laurel closer to her father?
I feel like if it brings her closer to anyone, I feel like it’s going to bring her closer to her sister. I know that sounds strange, but I feel like there’s a bond between them. Whether her sister lights a fire under Laurel and encourages her, she definitely has rage and anger that she has to deal with. Her sister is somebody she has looked up to.

Nyssa (Katrina Law) will be coming back to town. How will Laurel feel about her?
You’ll definitely see Laurel and Nyssa butt heads, but you’ll see the respect and mutual understanding between the two and where that will take them.

Does Laurel blame Nyssa for Sara’s death?
I think she blames a lot of people. In some ways, she blames herself. At this point, where she is emotionally, I almost don’t think she’s gotten to the place of thinking clearly and actually pointing fingers. You’ll definitely see her lash out at times, but she’s more just trying to get revenge and figure out how, who, what? She wants to be the one to take down whoever took Sara down.

She’ll find help from Ted “Wildcat” Grant. Will he be training her to become the Black Canary?
At first they butt heads, but at the end of the day, Ted really sees the warrior in Laurel and sees that she’s a fighter. I’ve been boxing and training and I’m so excited and having a blast getting to be able to do that. He sees that she has the spirit and the drive. She has it in her. He embraces it and encourages it. As long as she does it the correct way and learn the basics and doesn’t just go lashing out, he’s very supportive. The relationship between the two of them is great. I think there’s a good dynamic there.

Is he also a love interest for her?
As far as exploring that aspect of it, I don’t want to say they’ve gotten to that point, but Laurel has an amazing arc. I’m very excited about it and I wouldn’t be surprised if the writers started that. J.R. is wonderful and is a great actor and has been a pleasure to work with.

What’s her relationship like with Oliver now? Is there any jealousy toward Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards)?
They’re best friends and have been best friends for life, even though there’s been hard times and good times. Their bond is so strong that if he romantically gets involved with Felicity, she’s going to be able to separate the two. I’m not sure that Oliver is going to be on board with Laurel taking on this role of wanting to get revenge, find out who did this to her sister, fight back and be training. I have a feeling he’ll probably be against that at first. At the end of the day, he’ll look at her and think, “Wow, she has what it takes. She is a warrior.” I think he’ll end up having respect for that.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/14/arrow ... -spoilers/

- Cómo es que te maten en una popular serie de TV [Y el regresar] (BuzzFeed):
Cómo es que te maten en una popular serie de TV [Y el regresar]
Por Jarett Wieselman 15 Oct, 2014, at 12:25 a.m.

By the end of Season 1, the writers for The CW’s hit series Arrow realized something: Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) needed more levity and less romantic drama in his life. So, they brought in the humorous computer wiz Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) and wrote out Tommy Merlyn (Colin Donnell), Oliver’s best friend and — along with Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) — the third corner of a love triangle that just wasn’t working.

But instead of simply eliminating that romantic entanglement, executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Andrew Kreisberg decided to kill off Tommy and use his death as a catalyst to propel Oliver’s journey forward.

“It was, of course, hard to get the notice that I wasn’t going to be coming back in Season 2, but my ultimate goal with anything — film, TV, stage — is to serve the story and this did,” Donnell told BuzzFeed News, nearly a year and a half after Tommy’s death in the Season 1 finale.

Typically that would be the end of Donnell’s Arrow journey, but, thanks to the show’s heavy flashback narrative structure — and enduring fan affection for the character — Tommy briefly returned in ghostly form in Season 2 and now, he’s back in a bigger way. The writers crafted a Season 3 episode (airing Wednesday, Oct. 15, titled “Sara”) that will use Tommy to illuminate an unexpected period of employment in Oliver’s post-island, pre-vigilante life.

“I love bringing Tommy back, but last season was such an abbreviated version of him,” Donnell said of the brief Season 2 cameo. “This time, I get to be in more of the episode. I’ve never gotten the chance in my career to revisit a character like this, so to be able to fall back into this skin again is neat and fun for me.”

But there was a time after Tommy’s death when Donnell found himself struggling a bit. “You sort of accept this fate as an actor of being a gypsy and moving from thing to thing. Then, you get your first series and you’re like, Wow, I’ve got a seven-year contract. This is interesting. My life is changing,” he said. “And it did. My life changed in so many ways, all for the better. And then we got to the end of the first season and I was like, Oh … I guess I’m not going to be doing this for a while.”

“As an actor, any time you get to the end of the job, you go through a fearful moment of Holy shit, I’m never going to work again,” Donnell added, with a knowing laugh as he’s gone on to star in the Broadway musical Violet and in Showtime’s new drama, The Affair.

The actor maintained an open line of communication with the Arrow cast and writers, and credits that congenial relationship with their desire to bring him back as soon as possible. “I have a great relationship with all those guys,” Donnell said. “The first season on any show is going to be a little tumultuous — in a good way — because everybody’s figuring out the rhythms and the relationships. It’s a learning process. So, to come back in Season 3 and see how they’ve got this really cool rhythm going is a super positive thing. I can’t speak for other people who’ve been killed off things, but I love the fact I have this continued relationship with the show.”

And he’s confident that the affection he has for Arrow won’t wane. “I’m sure that 20 years from now, no matter what I’ve done, someone’s going to say, “You were Tommy on Arrow,” Donnell said. “And why not? I look forward to having a long career outside of Arrow, but it was a huge break for me and it will always hold a special place in my heart no matter what part of it I continue to play.”

He added, “If my career is filled with being a part of shows like Arrow that hit huge and I am a central part of that at the beginning, I will be the luckiest person alive.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman ... how#spbty1

- ¿Está Laurel preparada para un mundo de Dolor? Katie Cassidy sobre el intenso camino que hay por delante (THR):
¿Está Laurel preparada para un mundo de Dolor? Katie Cassidy sobre el intenso camino que hay por delante
Por Philiana Ng 6:00 AM PDT 15/10/2014

Will Laurel rebound?

Arrow opened its third season the way it normally ends one, by killing beloved character Sara Lance. Her unexpected death stirs up big questions for everyone in Starling City on Wednesday's follow-up episode, the emotionally-charged "Sara," most notably the Lance family. The decision to kill Sara (technically for the second time) didn't come easily, but as executive producer Marc Guggenheim said, "It really kicks off a mystery that will drive us for at least the first half of the year."

As expected, Laurel's journey will be dramatically affected by her sister's death. Guggenheim has hinted that this new development, which begins an intensive search for the assailant, sets off an entirely new "trajectory" for Starling City's assistant district attorney, one "she's never had before."

Actress Katie Cassidy talks to The Hollywood Reporter about Laurel's renewed focus, the role Ted Grant (aka Wildcat) plays in her journey and whether she'll be fighting alongside Team Arrow sooner rather than later.

At the start of the season, Laurel is in the best place she’s been in a while, both in her professional and personal lives. Then she witnesses Sara's death...

Or is she dead? You never know, it's television... (Laughs.)

What's Laurel's mindset like after Sara's death?

Her sister is a huge part of Laurel's journey from season one to season three. The thing that is so great about our show is that it takes place in different times. We have characters like Colin Donnell, who we bring back sometimes in flashback episodes [as Tommy], and Caity Lotz [who plays Sara] is a wonderful actress and very much a big part of this season. Laurel is growing and becoming stronger and I think that there is a possibility she may pick up a few characteristics from her sister. Or who knows, her sister may be alive, I don't know! (Laughs.) Having said that, it's television, anything can happen.

Who does Laurel turn to for emotional support?

A lot of it is internal. She does have a lot of anger. She has a lot of issues. Laurel does end up interacting with and training with Ted Grant (J.R. Ramirez), and he is there for her to get some of that physical rage and emotional side of her that she needs to release.

What is their dynamic like when they first meet in episode three?

They butt heads at first, but I do think he sees a survivor and a warrior and an athlete in her. Being a fighter, you have to have a certain mentality and I definitely think that Laurel has that. For the most part, he takes her under his wing. "I can help you but you're going to have to learn the basics. You can't just start lashing out at people. If you really want to do this, you've got to really train." It's been really, really exciting and fun for me because I've taking up boxing and I have a boxing trainer. Who knew that it was another form of therapy? (Laughs.) It's so much fun and it's cool to know that I can kick some ass if need be.

Laurel has been on the periphery for the first two seasons and it seems like with the death of Sara, she is forced to take on a more active role in carving out her future. Now that she's in on Oliver's secret and integrating herself into Team Arrow, do you see Laurel being an active participant in future missions?

Yeah, absolutely. As an actor, season two was emotionally draining on me but it's why I love to do what I do. It's what I'm passionate about, it's what I'm excited about. This season, Laurel's arc and journey is something I'm extremely excited about. Initially when Greg Berlanti, Andrew [Kreisberg] and Marc [Guggenheim] had come to me to pitch the show to me, I was itching to get in on the action. For me, I really wanted to be a part of that and this season there will be Laurel more involved in the action aspect of [the show], but you can't become a superhero overnight. It's not how it works. I think Laurel has earned it. She's gone through really, really hard times and she will dig deep and rise above.

In the premiere, Oliver and Laurel had established the perfect system, working in tandem to put away the bad guys. I imagine with Sara's death, that threatens that. Where do they go from here?

The thing I've always felt and thought about Laurel and Oliver, since we shot the pilot, and this is just my take on it, they're soulmates. To me, she knows him better than he knows himself and vice versa. Yes, she was not clued in on the whole Arrow thing [at the beginning], but at the same time, she had a thing for the Arrow and as Tommy says in the end of season one, "Oliver is the person you think he is." She always tried to see the best of him and always thought the world of him, though there was the playboy side that she struggled with. It's interesting because Stephen [Amell] and I have this relationship. The thing that I love about Laurel is that she's so strong and she's not afraid to stand up to Oliver or the Arrow. She's very firm and she's very straightforward. Stephen and I are good friends and for whatever reason, that's the relationship [we have] offscreen and onscreen. I don't want to say that [Oliver and Laurel] are equals but there's a certain amount of respect there. I don't know necessarily if Oliver will be on board with Laurel transitioning and going on this journey of fighting and training. You'll have to watch. But he'll see the warrior in her that Ted Grant sees in her.

Does the Arrow meet his match should Laurel continue on her trajectory?

I literally was texting with one of our producers today. I was telling him about this thing that I'm training for, which I can't say exactly what it is, but I said, "I'll send you a video in a bit," and I jokingly said, "The Arrow has got nothing on me." (Laughs.) But [Stephen's] very competitive. He'll eventually see that in her and be supportive of it.

Could there be a friendship between Laurel and Felicity?

I'm not exactly sure where the writers are going to go with that but I do know that Laurel has respect for her because she's so smart and she's so good at what she does and she's part of Team Arrow in keeping Oliver's secret. It's an interesting relationship and dynamic between the two of them that I think we'll explore more this season, especially now that Laurel is involved in more of the action. But I'm not sure, that's a good question for the writers.

Last season, it was revealed that Oliver may have fathered a child, and Stephen hinted at New York Comic Con that that will be mentioned this season. Hypothetically speaking, if Laurel were to come across this piece of information how would she take it?

It depends on what stage they're at in their relationship. If they are not romantically involved... she'll take it differently. Either way, she's going to be pissed. (Laughs.) Because of how she is. A) she has been kept in the dark about something else and B) that he could be so irresponsible, she would take that into consideration. At the end of the day, if anyone can forgive, Laurel has the strength to do that and she's a good person. She wants to see the best in everyone. It'll be another card she'll have to deal with. But having said all of that, the Arrow does need a Canary in some aspects.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ath-740682

- Katie Cassidy sobre el inicio del camino de Laurel hacia Black Canary (IGN):
Katie Cassidy sobre el inicio del camino de Laurel hacia Black Canary
Por Layne MorganN 15 Oct 2014

Viewers of CW's Arrow were shocked during last week's Season 3 premiere, as the episode ended with the sudden death of Sara Lance. On the heels of this, having already lost her sister once before, and the death of Tommy in Season 1, Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) may not have much left to lose. But all the tragedy may make for even more coming her way in this year.

I talked to Cassidy about what's in store for Laurel in Season 3 and if everything that has happened could lead to her character finally turning into the superhero DC Comics fans know her to be.

IGN: Obviously, last week’s episode was a hard hit for Laurel with Sara’s death. Can you talk about how that’s going to effect Laurel moving forward and how she’s going to handle that?

Cassidy: Before I get into all that, the one thing I will say is the thing that’s great about our show and television is anything can happen. So maybe she’s not dead. Who knows? The thing that I love so much is that our show, it takes place in different time periods. So everyone’s like, “Oh, Caity Lotz, she’s not going to be around” and I was like, "Actually she is." We do flashbacks. You never know what can happen. There’s dream sequences, there’s all these cool things that our writers and producers can come up with. Sara is a huge part of the season and Laurel’s journey. Having seen the premiere, seeing Laurel and Sara at the end, obviously Sara looking... Assuming she’s dead, [Laurel], I think, has to dig really deep and come out the other end, come out stronger. I think there’s anger, I think there’s obviously sadness. It actually almost gives her a lot of strength. It’s like she wants to get revenge on whoever did that. Season 3, the writers have done a wonderful job and given Laurel such a great arc. I’m really excited about it and I think the fans are going to be really excited.

IGN: You were talking about her going out and looking for revenge and possibly growing stronger from that. I know everyone is often talking about Laurel’s transition into maybe becoming the Black Canary later down the line. Is this something that could lead in that direction?

Cassidy: I can definitely tell you that it’s the Green Arrow and the Green Arrow needs the Black Canary. Aside from saying that, and the fact that I think the fans and the fans of the comic book and the fans of Laurel, I think that they’re going to be very happy. She seems to be sort of starting down that path. She is involved with Ted Grant and starting to box. I think it will probably continue down that, towards that direction. You have to watch Season 3!

IGN: So with that arc, her growing stronger and Sara’s death, do you think that will have an effect on Laurel’s relationship with Oliver?

Cassidy: Yeah, absolutely. I’ve always said that I think the two of them, from when we shot the pilot, are soulmates. Even though romantically they may not be together at the moment, or at this time in their lives, I think Laurel knows Oliver better than he knows himself. I think that she out of anyone isn’t afraid to stand up to him or call him out or get in his face. She’s very strong, very secure and mentally I do think that she is a warrior inside and a survivor and it takes somebody who’s that strong and that driven, given everything that we’ve seen her go through since Season 1. You have to be a very strong person to deal with all of this. I think that he, at first, will probably not be supportive because he doesn’t want to put her in danger but I think ultimately he will see that she has the mentality and that she’s dedicated and she’s willing to start from the bottom and learn the basics and do the training and she actually has what it takes. I think, hopefully, eventually he will end up respecting that and accepting it. Who knows? Maybe they’ll move forward together as a team. Partner in crime? I don’t know but it definitely would be cool.

IGN: Now that she’s in on Oliver’s secret, will we get to see her working more with the team?

Cassidy: Yeah, absolutely. I think that’s part of her journey and obviously knowing of the Arrow and even just being in the foundry, I do think Laurel will be a big asset to “Team Arrow” and we will definitely get to see her as a part of a lot more action and more involved in that story and that kind of thing, which has been a blast for me. Initially when I went to the CW and Greg Berlanti, and Marc [Guggenheim], and Andrew [Kreisberg], I had said to them I really, really wanted to do an action show. Obviously, that’s came about and with the chance of possibly turning into a superhero, I was like, "Great!" It’s great people to be in business with. I love the network. I love the studio. I’ve worked with them a lot. I liked where they were going with everything and I think that Season 3 is a great arc and journey for Laurel and I feel like this is her year. I’m rooting for her. I hope everybody else is. Because Season 2, let me just say, as wonderful as the writers were in Season 2 - they wrote for me, and as an actor I loved every second of it, but just crying all the time... I was like, "Laurel is always so upset. It’s crazy." But I think you have to "earn the island" is what we’ve always said. Oliver went to the island and spent five years there and became the Arrow. A character just can’t go from one night being Laurel Lance, working at the DA’s office, to the next day being the Black Canary. They want it to be legitimate and as grounded and real as possible which I think is what makes our show so great. I understand it.

IGN TV: The Flash has aired now and is connected to the same universe and you guys are doing the crossover storyline. Can we expect any potential Laurel interactions with any of The Flash characters in the future?

Katie Cassidy: Yes. I believe that there will be a crossover with Laurel and The Flash. Our writers have an idea that they’ve talked to me about and I think they’re genius. If they see this article, don’t get ahead of yourselves. I’m not blowing smoke, but I do think that the idea they’ve come up with, they’re so smart and they’re so good at what they do... I have a feeling there’s a genius plan that’s going to happen if they go with what they’ve pitched me.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/15/ ... ack-canary

- Katie Cassidy Adalanta la Ira de Laurel, y el gran papel de Sara en la Season 3 (TVLine):
Katie Cassidy Adalanta la Ira de Laurel, y el gran papel de Sara en la Season 3
Por Matt Webb Mitovich / 15 Octubre 2014, 8:24 AM PDT

The CW’s Arrow with its Season 3 premiere sent many a viewer’s jaw dropping off that very same roof, as Laurel Lance’s sister Sara was ambushed by an unseen archer, and sent plummeting to a grisly fate. The aftershock of that event will propel Laurel herself on a journey, one fueled by vengeful rage and leading her to a man who is poised to play a significant role in reshaping her for a dynamic destiny.

Katie Cassidy spoke with TVLine about the “huge” role Sara will continue to play in Laurel’s life, as Team Arrow finds itself down one Black Canary… and very likely fated to one day recruit another.

TVLINE | At the time you and Caity Lotz filmed the Season 2 finale, did you know that there was an even bigger goodbye scene coming up in the premiere?
What makes you think it’s a final goodbye…?

TVLINE | Well, Sara got shot up with a bunch of arrows and fell from a roof….
It’s television, maybe she’s still alive! [Laughs] But having said that, no, we definitely did not know that that was going to be in the season opener. The one thing I will say about our show, which is great, is that Sara is very much a huge part of Season 3. She drives Laurel, she is inspirational for her. She motivates her. There are plenty of reasons why Laurel does some of the things she does in Season 3 are encouraged by her sister.

TVLINE | What gamut of emotions will we see Laurel go through starting this week?
As though we didn’t see enough of this in Season 2, it’s a hard season for her. She gets angry, she wants to get revenge somehow…. You’ll see her kind of dig deep and come out on top. We’ve always seen her be very driven, and you’ll continue to see that quality in her. She’s very, very strong, and she’s a fighter, so we’ll continue to explore that.

TVLINE | Is there anyone she goes through this process with, or does she peel off to grieve on her own?
Laurel and Ted Grant (an ex-boxer/gym owner played by Emily Owens’ J.R. Ramirez) have interactions. He is definitely a part of her journey. He can see the potential that she has, and wants to help her evolve and grow and emerge. Ive actually personally been training, and it is so much fun.

TVLINE | I know, I’ve seen the progress reports you’ve shared on Instagram. One photo even tweeted could be a “spoiler.”
Yeah! My boxing trainer, he doesn’t go easy on me. Our stunt coordinator, James Bamford, was like, “Treat her like a fighter, but don’t hit her in the face.” So when I go, he’s very hard on me, but that’s good because that’s how I am. I give 110 percent, and Laurel is the same way. She has this rage and this anger, and starting to train with Ted Grant is therapeutic for her.

TVLINE | Does you feel like your strength training helps you, or will help you, pull off the more physical, action-oriented sequences?
One hundred percent. I actually had this conversation with our producers this week, Marc [Guggenheim] and Andrew [Kreisberg]. I am proud to say that in a scene — I cant’ tell you which one — you’ll see Laurel training, and they didn’t have to use my stunt double, because I worked really hard at what I was doing. I wanted it to be legitimate, I wanted it to be me. So they let me do it. And aside from that, I literally just texted my producer to tell him that I was able to do something — I can’t tell you what, exactly — and he was like, “No way!” My response was, “The Arrow’s got nothing on me!” [Laughs] It’s crazy.

TVLINE | We’ve talked in the past about how losing Tommy rocked Laurel’s world and began nudging her in a certain direction. Will what happened to Sara be what finally propels her on this journey, to becoming Black Canary?
Absolutely. What happens to Sara, whether she lives or not, it’s a tragedy. In Season 2, we saw Laurel hit rock bottom; let’s hope that she doesn’t have to do it a second time. She will seek revenge, and that will motivate her to engage more in that fighter/warrior mentality, and give her what it takes. Oliver is skeptical at first, but I think that he, hopefully, will come to respect her for it, and recognize that she has it.

TVLINE | You’ve played assorted young women of substance over the years, but Laurel is fated to be such a dynamically active character. Is that exciting to dive into as an actress?
I tend to gravitate towards these characters that are very strong — the very driven, modern-day woman — and I love that. It’s also a part of who I am in my nature, and I think I give that off. When I was 18 years old, my parents were like, “If you’re not going to go to college and you want to go to acting school and you want to move out, see ya! You’re on your own.” And as pissed as I was at the time, I really appreciate them for it now, because it taught me a lot about life. My grandmother is very stubborn, and she sort of taught me to be the same way! So, my family doing that lit a fire under me and made me work 10 times as hard.

http://tvline.com/2014/10/15/arrow-seas ... ras-death/

- Katie Cassidy oye el canto de sirena de Black Canary (Zap2it):
Katie Cassidy oye el canto de sirena de Black Canary
Por Megan Vick 15 Oct, 2014

Though "Arrow" fans are still reeling from Sara's shocking death on the Season 3 premiere, readers of the comic book series saw it as the inevitable beginning of Laurel's journey to step into her deceased sister's shoes and become the Black Canary from the comics.

However, actress Katie Cassidy says that if the Black Canary is Laurel's intended destination, fans shouldn't expect the transition to happen over night. "[The writers] want to make everything as real as possible. Oliver goes to the island and five years later is The Hood. Then he's Arrow," Cassidy tells Zap2it. "You have to earn it. I respect that Laurel has to go on her journey too."

Even without confirming that Laurel will eventually be donning the Black Canary outfit, Cassidy explains that Sara's death will have a significant impact and Laurel will pick up the torch to avenge her sister.

"I think the possibility of actually losing her sister will make her have that much more vengeance. She has this rage and it's not necessarily going to bring her down as much as it's going to give her the opportunity to rise above," Cassidy says. "Laurel says in Season 2, 'Once you let the darkness inside, it never comes out.' I believe that still stands within her."

Laurel's desire for vengeance has caused problems before though, especially for her relationship with Oliver. Sara's death and Laurel's response may cause more currents in the stormy sea between the two.

"I think at first [Oliver] might be hesitant and resistant to her wanting to get revenge and be this warrior, but ultimately he'll see it inside of her and see that she has what it takes. Hopefully he'll be supportive of that," Cassidy says. "Laurel sees Oliver as her soulmate. Whether they are romantically involved or not, they have a special bond and I think that she knows him better than he knows himself."

Laurel begins her journey of vengeance in Season 3, episode 2 of "Arrow," aptly titled "Sara" which airs Oct. 15 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/arrow_seaso ... ry-2014-10

- Routh sobre su regreso al DCU como el Ray Palmer de "Arrow" (CBR):
Routh sobre su regreso al DCU como el Ray Palmer de "Arrow"
Por Bryan Cairns, 15 Oct 2014

Chris Evans, Ryan Reynolds and Justin Hartley have all portrayed more than one superhero in their illustrious careers. Now, Brandon Routh adds his name to that elite list as "Arrow" enters its third season. The former "Superman Returns" star is currently enjoying a meaty role on "Arrow" as Ray Palmer.

Introduced in "Showcase" #34 in 1961, Ray Palmer was a physicist and university professor who discovered how to shrink down to subatomic size. He later adopted the secret identity of the Atom and became a valued member of the Justice League of America. Naturally, "Arrow" has put its own spin on Ray and his miraculous alter ego.

A week after "Arrow's" season-three premiere, Routh spoke to CBR News about finding Ray's voice, banter with Felicity and the Atom's costume.

CBR News: After "Superman Returns," did you ever imagine you'd be returning to the DC Universe?

Brandon Routh: No. After all that was said and done, the only way I thought that was ever going to happen was if, maybe, I was going to be a villain, which can always happen. This was definitely a surprise.

How did you become involved with "Arrow?"

It was crazy. I was on a movie working with Caity Lotz and Tom Cavanagh called "400 Days" this summer. Then I got a call that I might have a meeting about "Arrow." It's like, "How crazy?" Caity is on "Arrow" and Tom is on their other show, "Flash." I had a really good meeting with Marc [Guggenheim] and Andrew [Kreisberg] and things went from there. They told me the outline for the character. I started looking up the Atom because I didn't know much about him and started to get excited. I did a little read with Emily [Bett Rickards] to make sure our tech banter would work well together. It was a win and then I started working a couple of weeks later.

From your discussions with Marc and Andrew, what was your sense of "Arrow's" version of Ray Palmer?

That they wanted to have somebody to go back and forth with Felicity was important to them. They talked about it a couple of times about how in this season, they really wanted to shift things around a little bit. I was like, "Yes. Thank you." When I was brought onto "Chuck," I loved that show and was a big fan. I was happy for the opportunity, but Daniel Shaw didn't get to be as funny. I was more of the straight man.

This was a true opportunity to do comedy and it was exactly what they wanted me to do. This was a match made in heaven. Forget about the awesome, cool part of being a superhero. I get to do what I've been working towards in my career. That's what they basically wanted. They wanted that rat-a-tat-tat and to have that energy.

Ray is not a bad guy, but it seems he will be shaking things up. What makes him a good foil for Oliver?

What makes him a good foil is he's the exact opposite. We'll see he's a do-gooder at heart, but we just see this exterior that's completely different. Whether that's real or a façade, we don't know. Oliver has a façade he used for a while. Everybody has their public face and private personality. As Ray finds where he is going to land as far as what he represents as Ray Palmer and potentially the Atom, that may shift. He definitely gets to be the wisecracker.

In the beginning, he's a little bit more of a wheeler-dealer kind of jerk to Oliver, but it's all in good fun. He's excited and passionate about what he's doing. He has no ill will against Oliver.

Ray charmed Felicity in their first encounter. How would you describe their present relationship?

Ray has found that's when he gets things done, when he is charming people, and he's honed that as a skill. What he finds in future episodes is Felicity is able to deflect that. She's not necessarily unaffected, but she's able to get through his defenses, which is a little bit confusing and also alluring. Whereas most people would fold under his charm, she sidesteps it a little bit. Also, the tech lingo that they have allows them to converse with a different level rather than everyone else. That fuels their relationship.

What brings Ray to Starling City in the first place?

I can't tell you all of that. I can say he's been a resident of Starling City for some time. He's just been doing Palmer Industries, his own thing, and has been outside the world of "Arrow" to this point.

Having immersed yourself in the comic books, what Atom touchstones are you looking forward to the series incorporating?

It's hard to answer that question because things change from what the lore of a comic book character's history is to the way it's seen on screen. I don't know what I can expect fully at this point. The main thing everybody knows from him is the ability to shrink to an atomic level. That is something that sounds crazy, but would be cool to see. When that happens, I don't know as Marc and Andrew have both been cagey and mysterious. That is something I look forward to -- and all the cool things he can do with an ability like that.

And then what I get to do on a daily basis is use his wit as a scientist and inventor and just have a lot of energy and fun. He has a big engine going, and has creativity and ingenuity, and that seeps through everything in his life. The one thing I can't wait to see is how that passion and exuberance transfers to being a superhero. Superman was very stoic and after he saved somebody, he would tell a joke and fly away. But, he was always very restrained. "I'm here to save the day." Whereas Ray could be wisecracking or joking or telling you about the latest computer while he saves you.

You've seen the sketches for the Atom costume. Any thoughts on it?

That it's cool and I won't be embarrassed. It's pretty cool -- looking from the early sketches I saw. Things change all the time, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it's put into use. I think the audience will be excited to see it as well.

The Atom's color scheme is almost the same as Superman's, but will you miss having a cape?

[Laughs] My back and neck won't, that's for sure. It was pretty heavy.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=56296

- Brandon Routh sobre Felicity y Ray finalmente viendo a The Arrow en Starling City (accesshollywood):
Brandon Routh sobre Felicity y Ray finalmente viendo a The Arrow en Starling City
Por Jolie Lash 15 Octubre, 2014 10:59 AM EDT

Brandon Routh's Ray Palmer made his debut appearance in "Arrow" in the Season 3 premiere, and Starling City may never be the same.

In fact, if Ray gets his way, Oliver Queen's (Stephen Amell) town will get a makeover and a new name – Star City -- under Ray's leadership at Queen Consolidated, the company he now runs from the Chief Executive Officer chair, after he wooed the corporate company's board.

Confident, smart and with a considerable amount of charm, Ray also had sway with Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards). Geek gab between Felicity and the handsome Tech Town customer in the "Arrow" Season 3 premiere provided Ray with the tools to break through QC's firewalls and obtain the raw data that helped him win the CEO job over Oliver.

Ray arrived at just the right time. The city needs more help, and Felicity is single again (after her date with Oliver turned, quite literally, explosive). But, when the show returns on Wednesday night, there's another new threat in Starling City: someone is targeting businessmen. Previews have already hinted that Ray will witness a battle of archers inside QC, and Access Hollywood asked Brandon about what Ray is about to get caught up in. But first, we had to ask about the shockwaves Sara Lance's death sends through the characters' storylines.

AccessHollywood.com: ['Arrow' Executive Producer] Marc Guggenheim told reporters that Sara's death has repercussions for [all the characters, including] Ray and Felicity. What can you hint at about that?
Brandon Routh: Emotionally, it really hits Felicity and everyone really hard. We'll see that in the next few episodes as they kind of try to figure out what happened and I think that affects Felicity and Oliver's relationship, which then has some backlash into Ray and Felicity, and I guess… ultimately it makes her reconsider -- it gives her an opportunity to reconsider Ray's offer for work. … It makes her really consider that in a new light.

Access: Had Felicity not given him information [at Tech Town] which he then used to get those [Queen Consolidated] documents, do you think they would have been the best of friends?
Brandon: Well, I don't know how upset she is anyway about that, honestly. I think she's kind of like, 'Oh, touche!' She's feeling, you know, ashamed a little bit, but like, 'Oh, that guy's pretty cool.' But I think in like an alternate scenario -- like totally alternate scenario, like I'm not Ray Palmer, and I'm just a guy going to Tech Town, and [if I] kept coming back in, maybe we'd go out, just as two tech geeks.

Access: Where do you think they would go out then if he wasn't Ray Palmer and just some guy that was a normal geek without the ability to take over large companies in Starling City?
Brandon: Where would they go, for dinner?

Access: Yeah, where do you think they'd go?
Brandon: I don't know. Ray tends to be passionate and exuberant about whatever it is he gets into, so maybe he's like a really well trained chef, he's trained himself to be a chef, so he'd either make dinner or make a really cool picnic and they'd go to the park. He'd wine and dine her with his culinary skills.

Access: So he's a secret foodie then?
Brandon: Yeah, he's a master of many – dabbles in many different traits, I think. He likes to know a little or a lot about a lot of different [things] to understand how the world works.

Access: From the previews of this week's episode, it looks like there is some fighting going on in the company and you are there when it happens. How does that affect Ray, seeing all this stuff go down? That must be a surprise.
Brandon: It's a surprise. It's the first the time he basically sees – Arrow shows up… as a result of this, incident and it's kind of one of those moments of -- what does Ray think of that? You kind of see him watching the fight happening and it's kind of the two worlds colliding and it's just kind of left up to the audience to decide if Ray doesn't like him or does like him.

Access: And it looks like Arsenal [Colton Haynes] is there too and then another masked figure as well. Is that all happening in front of you and you just get to kind of sit there and watch it from the sidelines?
Brandon: Yeah, Ray's giving a speech and he's sheltered by his awesome bodyguard, basically, cowering (laughs) in the corner a little bit with his first brush with violence in the show, as his awesome speech is interrupted.

Access: Your big plan last week, the big plan that he unveiled for 'Star' City -- what can you hint at about what that's all about? You want to rename it!
Brandon: There's definitely more of it that happens in this next episode, so the speech is kind of about that, kind of trying to encourage the rest of the wealthy citizens of Starling City to care, basically, and to give back and to reinvigorate the city and to take back our city in the way that Ray Palmer, at this point, can do 'cause I think he's really a philanthropist in his own way and this is kind of a way to encourage that and show that he's not just a rich dude just buying companies willy-nilly.

Access: Are you hoping to get into the fighting action? That's something everyone seems to get wrapped up in at some point on this show.
Brandon: Yeah, well I think definitely that's one of the things that will be cool whenever that and whatever capacity that happens [in]. It always is fun, but then, part of me is like, 'Yeah, it's gonna be fun,' and then I remember how long it takes some days. It's a lot of work. That stuff is an amazing amount of work, but the good thing about this show is all the fight stuff is so well supported. The actors, the stunt crew, the team -- they have plenty of time to rehearse, they get it right, they do it safe and the stunt doubles are so amazing. All the men and women who work on the show do a fantastic job of making it look so real. .. Also, the positive thing about this show is that, I believe that I will have a mask and so if and when Ray gets into the actual -- or The Atom -- gets into the fighting, it'll be easier to have somebody doing what I can't, whereas Superman was all me all the time, or it was a computer, but mostly, it was me.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/arrow-qa ... icle_99676

- Cómo se cruzaron ‘Arrow’ y ‘Gotham’ – Y por qué nunca pasará de nuevo (mtv):
Cómo se cruzaron ‘Arrow’ y ‘Gotham’ – Y por qué nunca pasará de nuevo
Por Alex Zalben 16 Oct 2014

We’ve already speculated on MTV News that Warner Bros. and DC’s “Gotham” and “Arrow” – despite being on separate networks – could be participating in some sort of stealth crossover. Both are based on DC Comics, both share producers and heck: it would just be pretty cool.

But despite all our hoping and wishing, sorry fans… The crossover ain’t happening.

To give a bit of background, the second episode of “Gotham” aired on FOX on September 29, and it caused a bevy of speculation. First of all, the two shows (two including “Arrow“) share a villain named The Dollmaker, one who — from the comics at least — could exist in two timelines simultaneously: “Gotham” takes place in the “past,” and “Arrow” in the “present.”

But the bigger piece of evidence? In one shot of the Gotham City skyline, eagle-eyed fans glimpsed the Queen Consolidated logo… Indicating that “Arrow” main character Oliver Queen (or perhaps his father) might have an outpost on Batman’s future turf.

Given the “Gotham” episode had just aired, when MTV News talked to “Arrow” Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim over the phone, we asked how the sneak crossover came about.

“You know, it’s a great question!” Guggenheim said. “The internet did point out to me the Queen Consolidated [logo] – or what looked like a Queen consolidated Easter egg. I’m still actually trying to find out how intentional that was. Let me just say the investigation is ongoing.”

Consider the investigation solved, Mr. Guggenheim. During the recently held New York Comic Con, we asked “Gotham” producer Danny Cannon the same question, and he was able to clarify how one show’s logo ended up in another show’s skyline.

“I gotta tell you, it was completely unintentional,” Cannon said. “Somebody spotted it in the cutting room, but we move so fast, we were like, ‘that’s cool, leave it in! don’t talk about it!’ We were stealing – the visual effects guys were stealing neon letters from other places, and that was one that worked. But it was unintentional.”

Given the shared production companies, reusing resources and even small shout-outs probably aren’t a problem… But other than a logo here and there, Guggenheim was quick to shut down the idea that the series would also share a villain.

“Well I think that is very clearly an example of not a crossover,” Guggenheim said, “because that was a completely different take on the Dollmaker character from the comics than we had last year. So that was a completely separate occurrence.”

Still he wasn’t totally against the idea of crossing over some day, particularly since “Arrow” is already crossing over with fellow The CW show “The Flash.”

“I would love to see that,” Guggenheim said when we suggested DC could do a “Crisis On Infinite Networks.” “I think it’s a great thing that we have all these DC shows and all these superhero shows, all these comic book shows… It’s wonderful, and whenever they can connect together that’s great. But I also see the benefit of not being tied to one continuity, so your hands are not tied.”

Cannon agreed, adding that though fans may want to see a crossover, it probably won’t happen – at least on “Gotham.”

“It’s a very different tone, our show,” Cannon said. “[They're] apples and oranges.”

http://www.mtv.com/news/1965935/arrow-g ... ry-solved/

- ¿Irá The Atom de ‘Arrow’ a ‘The Flash’? (mtv):
¿Irá The Atom de ‘Arrow’ a ‘The Flash’?
Por Shaunna Murphy 15/10/2014

Last week on “Arrow,” the sudden death of Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) might have distracted some viewers from the introduction of Ray Palmer, a newcomer played by former big-screen Superman Brandon Routh. However, on tonight’s (October 15) episode, “Sara,” no one will be able to deny this charming stranger’s existence — because he’s coming straight for our girl Felicity (Emily Rickards), whether we (and Oliver) like it or not.

“I continue to pursue Felicity to hire her,” Routh told MTV News over the phone. “She’s the best tech brain in the city, or maybe even further than that. I definitely had my eyes on her from the beginning — coming to Tech Village for the first time, not necessarily knowing anything about what she looks like. [It was] just about her brain and her abilities and skills. I continue to do that, but once I see her and meet her, maybe it becomes a dual purpose. But at the forefront I need her skills for my plans, as I continue to try to make them happen. And Ray Palmer tends to get what he wants.”

As for what Ray’s plans truly are, of course Routh couldn’t say much — only that he has one, that he also has “a past,” and that at least part of the charming front he puts on is legit. However, Routh also said that a Ray Palmer flashback episode might be in the cards.

“From the beginning, when I met with Marc [Guggenheim] and Andrew [Kreisberg], they mentioned that they were thinking of doing a flashback episode all about Ray, or just about the day that something happened in his life at the same time that it happened in other characters’ lives,” Routh continued.

Hold the phone — did he just say “the day that something happened in his life at the same time it happened in other characters’ lives?” Yes, he did. And we can’t help but speculate that he might be talking about the day that a certain accident at S.T.A.R. Labs turned Barry Allen into the Flash, since we all know that DC Comics’ Ray Palmer moonlights as the Atom. However, he could also be talking about the attack from Deathstroke, since it’s unlikely that Palmer’s shrinking-powers will be revealed, unless (or until?) he takes a trip to Central City.

“Marc said that if the shrinking was going to happen, it’s more likely to be on ‘The Flash,’” Routh continued. “But I have no knowledge of a crossover or any of that. ‘Arrow’ is very grounded in reality, so nobody really has any powers. That is a challenging thing, to have you bring a character like the Atom in, with his trademark thing being that he shrinks.”

It’s a challenge for sure, but a challenge that the show will hopefully surmount. Routh, for one, is a believer.

“They have a plan [for Ray's powers], I just don’t know all of it because I am a silly actor and I tend to run my mouth just like other silly actors, so they don’t tell us everything,” he said. “But just because he’s not shrinking doesn’t mean that he might not be doing something else, or be involved in some other kind of superhero-y way. I know that there is some type of suit thing happening, though I’m not at liberty to discuss much. But it looks cool, and I would be happy to wear it.”

Maybe the suit will help woo Felicty away from the Flash, who she will be visiting (and kissing) in two weeks. Routh said that — as of press time — Ray Palmer had no idea that Felicity was being wooed by Allen. Or by Oliver Queen, for that matter.

“As far as we are in the scripts, there’s no knowledge of her going [to Central City],” Routh continued. “As mysterious as Ray is, she’s mysterious to him… I don’t know anything about her back story. I have no knowledge of her working with the Arrow, I have no knowledge of her and Oliver as a relationship, or any of that. But as Brandon Routh, I’m like, ‘What? Come on — Oliver, and Barry, and Ray? Come on.’ She’s a hot commodity. But it’s all good – as long as she’s honest with everybody. Or is she? [Laughs]”

Now, Olicity fans, before you start hounding Routh (or us) on Twitter, know that we’re here for you — and that Routh is pretty well-versed in dealing with shippers.

“I was thrown into that with Chuck and Sarah [on 'Chuck'] a few years back,” Routh said. “I understand the love, and I don’t want to do any harm — or as little harm as I can. I accept that it’s part of the job, and I can take the backlash if there is any. I just try to make Ray as charming as possible, so that even if you hate him, you love to hate him.”

http://www.mtv.com/news/1964670/brandon ... -felicity/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Experta en arquería habla de la S3 de "Arrow" (archery360):
Experta en arquería habla de la S3 de "Arrow"
Por Shannon Rikard 09 Octubre, 2014

On “Arrow,” archery is serious business. Before the much-anticipated Season 3 premiere of the CW Network’s hit, the show’s Archery Technician and Consultant Patricia Gonsalves shared exclusive details about training the dynamic cast, choosing bows for each character, and what fans can expect this season.

Gonsalves is the founder and lead instructor at Lykopis Archery in British Columbia, Canada. When Archery 360 caught up with her, she was heading to the “Arrow” set to oversee the archery scenes for a new episode.
Imagen
The archery on “Arrow” looks pretty realistic. How many of the archers do you train for filming?

All of them. For safety reasons, the actors must have a lesson in safety before they can shoot a bow. Then I go onset during filming to implement archery safety protocol. Usually I only get two to four hours with each actor, but I trained Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen/Arrow) for two months before the series premier. I love that everyone involved with “Arrow” is fully committed to making the archery as realistic as possible.

Do you teach all the archers the same techniques? Or do you train them differently if the character is a hero or a villain?

The character doesn’t determine the style of archery, but the bow determines the style. For example, if the character shoots an American Flatbow made in the Pacific Northwest, [the character will shoot a style that is consistent with that bow].

Are there any bows that you really like and want to feature on the show?

Yes! But I can’t tell you about the bow. A character uses it this season.

What can you say about Season 3?

More archers are coming. A lot of shows wouldn’t add more archers, but “Arrow” is bold enough to add archers and feature diverse bow styles.

Do you help choose the bows for the archers?

I’ll get a first draft of the script for an episode and will form an idea of what bow will work for that character or episode. I’ll choose a few bows that will work for the character and then the production department makes the final choice.

When Oliver got a “superbow” in Season 2, the production department wanted a unique bow that wasn’t a compound. He shoots an Oneida Kestrel, which looks like a compound because is has cams, but has limbs shaped like a recurve. Most viewers had never seen a bow like the Kestrel, and everyone was really excited about it.

In Season 2, Roy/Arsenal used a couple of bows, including a Scythian Asiatic bow, which was sometimes used by horseback archers. This season, he uses a recurve. The production team wanted a compound bow for Malcolm Merlyn, and Nyssa al Ghul and the League of Assassins all use the same modified PSE compound.

NOTE: Archery 360 contacted Precision Shooting Equipment (PSE) to find out what model bows Malcolm, Nyssa and the League of Assassins use. PSE leaders said these bows are PSE Chaos ADs.

Well me what we really want to know: Which actor is the best archer in real life?

All the actors are amazing!

OK, tell something about each one.

Stephen is fun to train, and he’s remarkably good at archery and at looking good doing stunts where he’s flying through the air.

John Barrowman (Malcolm Merlyn/The Dark Archer) is really focused and very skilled. And he’s so fun to train.

Colton Haynes (Roy Harper/Arsenal) is a dancer. Training him presented some unique challenges because he wanted to dance while he was shooting archery!

Manu Bennett (Slade Wilson/Deathstroke) didn’t shoot a bow for the show but he showed up at my studio to learn about archery.

Katrina Law (Nyssa al Ghul) was very focused and committed to getting the archery right. I can’t say enough nice things about her.

Celina Jade (Shado) is a martial artist, and she took the archery training very seriously. She lives in Hong Kong now and she still does archery.

Byron Mann (Yao Fei) was very intense. He wanted to make sure he got the archery right.

I read that all the bows on “Arrow” have the cables removed for safety reasons. What do you use to replace the cables? Is it elastic?

I don’t know where you read that, but it isn’t true! All the bows are real, and they work. The archers shoot the bows on set, which is why I’m there as a technician and consultant. There’s only one bow that doesn’t work, but I can’t say what bow it is.
What else can you say about the equipment on the show?

Three things:

I made nearly 2,000 arrows for Season 2 of “Arrow.”
Oliver and Roy’s arrow fletchings are custom-dyed.
I have made a few bowstrings on the fly while filming; Boorman Archery makes the rest.

How many bows are made for each character?

I can’t say exactly, but each recurring character has more than two and less than 10 versions of the same bow. Stuff happens on set and sometimes we have to swap in new bows. Guest characters may only have one bow because they won’t use it enough to need a backup.

Your job is so awesome! How did you become the archery trainer for “Arrow”?

I’ve been an archer for 32 years and have just always loved it. I was a chef for a long time, and me working on “Arrow” is one of those inspirational stories. I was hit by a car a few years before I got connected with the show. At that time, I was no longer a chef and wasn’t sure what to do because I didn’t think archery was a career. I taught private classes at an archery place in Vancouver and got a call from some guys who wanted “the full, real deal” archery lesson. Six archers showed up, and some of them are now on the “Arrow” stunt team. That archery lesson led to my connection with “Arrow.”

What’s the ‘full, real archery deal” exactly?

Well in this case it turned out to be an intensive archery lesson for these guys that wanted to learn everything about archery. So I took all my bows – flatbows, longbows, Asiatic composites, everything – and taught them as much as I could in four hours. Then I went away for the weekend and when I got back in town, I found out their connection to “Arrow.” They wanted me to do a formal interview, which led me to the role I have now with the show.

One last question. You’ve traveled around the world for archery documentaries and trained TV stars in archery. What’s next for you?

I’d love to do any show with archery. I’d really like to do “Once Upon a Time” or “Outlander,” or a period piece about Native American archery.

http://www.archery360.com/2014/10/exclu ... -season-3/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 3.03 Promo "Corto Maltese" (HD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4dct7t4-xk

- Arrow 3.03 Extended Promo "Corto Maltese" (HD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWfje3XkNlM

- Descripción oficial del 3.05 "The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak":
3.05 "The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak" (05/11/14): CHARLOTTE ROSS (“NYPD BLUE”) APARECE COMO LA MADRE DE FELICITY — Cuando un ciber ataque hace que Starling City se arrodille, Oliver (Stephen Amell) y Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) se ven empujados hasta sus límites para contener la destrucción. La vida se complica incluso más para Felicity cuando su madre, Donna (la estrella invitada Charlotte Ross), se pasa para hacerle una visita sorpresa. Mientras tanto, Ted Grant (la estrella invitada JR Ramirez) se pregunta los motivos de Laurel (Katie Cassidy), y Thea (Willa Holland) compra un apartamento con el dinero de la “herencia” de Malcolm (John Barrowman), lo que enfada a Oliver. Nolan Funk estrella invitada como el ex-novio de Felicity. Michael Schultz dirige el episodio escrito por Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan (#305).

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-offic ... moak/19340

- Revelado el título y créditos del episodio 3.10:
Ya tenemos el título y créditos de un nuevo capítulo:
Imagen
https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/ ... 5773723650

El episodio 3.10 de 'Arrow' tendrá por título "Left Behind". Está escrito por Marc Guggenheim & Erik Oleson y está dirigido por Glen Winter.

- Nuevas imágenes BTS (09-15 Oct 2014):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@coltonhaynes: Lovin Ep. 2 of #TheFlash . What a lovely bunch. Where u at @grantgust Get in more photos!
@PaulBlackthorne: Standing in the #Arrow rain with the adorable & multi talented @MzKatieCassidy
@PaulBlackthorne: Hanging with the superheroes @grantgust @amellywood #Flash #Arrow Anyone for coffee #Arrow #TheFlash)

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 3.02 "Sara". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Visita de la prensa al set de Vancouver (17-10-14):

Fotos:
Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(Thanks to @VladaGelman, @EricIGN, @GreenArrowTV, @CarlaDay)

Videos:

- Arrow Season 3 On Set: Katie Cassidy Interview (KsiteTV):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxIwnTX9PU4

- Arrow On Set: Willa Holland Interview (KsiteTV):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9OcOJKVhSU

- Arrow On Set: Stephen Amell Season 3 Interview (KsiteTV):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDMKcXCPjYg

- Arrow On Set: John Barrowman Interview (KsiteTV):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KntrjncYUk

- ARROW: John Barrowman Teases Insight into Malcolm and Thea's Time Away (GiveMeMyRemoteTV):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQVMHf_AVMs

- ARROW: Willa Holland Teases Insight into Malcolm and Thea's Time Away (GiveMeMyRemoteTV):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpOncjDA9Us

- John Barrowman Teases Oliver and Malcolm's Reunion (GiveMeMyRemoteTV):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi8acCGRWfs

- John Barrowman Offers a Midseason Finale Tease (GiveMeMyRemoteTV):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od5dBodc_90

- Stephen Amell Teases Oliver and Malcolm's Reunion (GiveMeMyRemoteTV):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3BAeNKl0kc

- THE FLASH-ARROW Crossover: Stephen Amell Teases 'Flash vs. Arrow' (GiveMeMyRemoteTV):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQFXCKN1qYA

- "Arrow"´s Stephen Amell on his Facebook Community:
http://bcove.me/eglddadq

- Stephen Amell: 'Gratifying' 'Arrow' Moment Happens On 'The Flash' (accesshollywood):
http://bcove.me/7bovuwhd

- Colton Haynes Set Interview (TVFanatic):
http://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/colton- ... -interview

- Willa Holland Interview (TVFanatic):
http://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/willa-holland-interview

- Paul Blackthrone Set Interview (TVFanatic):
http://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/paul-bl ... -interview

INFO:

- Arrow: El elenco adelanta la reunión de Oliver y Thea, la maniulación de Malcolm y la nueva misión de Laurel (screenfad):
Arrow: El elenco adelanta la reunión de Oliver y Thea, la maniulación de Malcolm y la nueva misión de Laurel
Por Clarissa 22 Octubre, 2014

Tonight’s Arrow marks the first real appearance of Thea since the season began and, as it turns out, she’s been very busy since she stepped into Malcolm Merlyn’s limo and drove off with her biological father. During a recent visit to the set of Arrow, we spoke with stars Stephen Amell, Willa Holland and John Barrowman about Oliver’s quest to bring Thea home and the strange new father-daughter dynamics that have developed between Thea and Malcolm. In addition, Katie Cassidy gave us a peek at what’s next for Laurel in the wake of her sister’s death and Amell also talked about where Oliver and Felicity go from their aborted attempt at a relationship in the season premiere.

The Quest to Find Thea. “He knows very little about what she’s done other than she’s lied about where she is,” Amell explained. “We find out very early on in episode 3 that she’s been saying she’s in the Amalfi Coast and she’s not. And Oliver calls her on that immediately, but Oliver comes to the realization that the only way to bring her home — when it was lies that drove her away — is to tell her the truth. How much truth he has to tell her is one of the crucial points of the episode.”

A New Thea. “You guys saw a little bit of the place that Thea’s been, Corto Maltese,” Holland said, addressing the surprise reveal of a katana-wielding Thea at the end of episode 3.02. “She’s been there since she hopped into that limo with Malcolm. As you can see, he’s been putting her under his wing a little bit for the last five months. She’s been up to….not necessarily no good. She’s just been up to something a little bit different for Thea.”

How Much Truth Will Oliver Reveal to Thea? “He does definitely start to open up to her a little bit more because the main reason why she had to leave was just because of all of the lies and everything that she’s just been battling for the last two seasons,” Holland explained. “In all honesty, Malcolm, yes, he is who he is, but the one thing that he hadn’t done to Thea was lie about who he is. He’s very open and honest about it. I think that’s something very interesting about their relationship. But pertaining to Oliver and Thea, you’ll see in the next episode, he definitely tries to open up to her and be more honest with her. It may be in the way that we think, but it also might not be.”

Malcolm and Thea’s Relationship — Thea’s Perspective. “I think that there is weirdly some trust there between Thea and Malcolm because, obviously, they have this blood relation and Malcolm has proven that he wouldn’t want to put Thea into harm’s way really. He does actually care for her because he does know that she is his blood and the last living [family member] that he has right now. Knowing Malcolm’s past, it’s definitely hard for Thea to trust him, but I think over the last five months, she’s kind of gotten to known Malcolm in a different way than everybody else has seen him. They have a different type of relationship than you would expect from them off the bat,” Holland explained. “You’re going to see a very interesting father and daughter relationship. The Thea Queen and Malcolm Merlyn relationship is not going to be anywhere near normal, and I don’t think anybody would expect it to be. You’ll definitely see in the next episode, it’ll pretty much explain their relationship the way that it is right now in the next episode.”

Malcolm and Thea’s Relationship — Malcolm’s Perspective. “He’s happy that he is in control of the situation,” Barrowman said. “I’m not going to spoil anything that’s coming up but how he does control is pretty vicious. In the past, Malcolm has always used is money and power to manipulate people. The one thing he was never able to grasp was because he lost his wife, she was emotionally connected to changing the city. He lost Tommy who was emotionally connected to Laurel. He lost Moira because Moira emotionally connected to her children and she always sacrificed herself. So Malcolm has never been able to emotionally get to somebody. So I think that’s his question. To emotionally manipulate people now rather than, he still sues physicality, but it’s a new twist. It’s the most dysfunctional, brutal father daughter relationship. The type that you’re going to watch, when you watch on television, you’re going to look at it and you’re going to go I can’t really, this is too uncomfortable, but I really want to stay watching it because it’s like a car crash. It is. It’s going to be, but again he loves her, he really cares for her. It’s his daughter and he’s kept this secret for a long time and again manipulated somebody else with it, as you do. But I think there is a genuine love there and caring for her but he wants her to be strong. He wants her to be able to stand on her own two feet.”

What Could Pull Thea Back to Starling City? “I think the one thing that could always pull her back is Oliver and her love for him and that side of her family, as well as Roy,” Holland said. “She has a lot in Starling City, of course It’s her home. But right now, I don’t think she has anything in her mind to go back. I think she’s kind of found a new Thea Queen and is very happy with who she is at the moment.” As for Thea’s recently deceased relationship with Roy, Holland clarified that “There is always going to be a lot of love and a huge bond between Thea and Roy. They definitely shaped each other into the people that they are right now. I think they grounded each other in amazing ways and are very aware of that with each other’s relationship. I don’t think that they’re going to be rekindling any time soon, but there’s definitely always that hope in the future.”

What Are Thea’s Goals Right Now? “Thea’s goals are just to be whole again,” Holland said. “That’s something that she continuously has always tried to find, and I feel like the moment that she’s gotten to a good place, something just knocks her back down again. She’s just kind of in a place where she doesn’t ever want to be hurt. She won’t really let anybody hurt her. So she’s in more of a stronger place with herself. But out of life, I think she might be a little torn and a bit lost at the moment with that, trying to figure that one out, having those whole Malcolm Merlyn discovery and now having this new relationship with him and not being in Starling City. There’s definitely a lot of things that are up in the air for her at the moment. She’s one of those people that are right now taking everything day by day.”

Roy and Oliver’s Budding Partnership. “In the early going this year — and we see it in episode 3 and certainly into episode 6, that’s a really cool Oliver/Roy episode — I’ve enjoyed their dynamic as much as I’ve enjoyed anything on the show this year,” Amell said. “And I wanted to make sure — and we wanted to make sure — that we fleshed out what’s happened over these last five months. A lot of water has been slapped over these five months, but at the same time, I saw a comment the other day that ‘Oliver spent five years on an island to hone his archery skills and now Roy is in the same spot.’ That’s not necessarily true. We see real differences in skills and style when they’re in the field together this year. So they are partners but they are certainly not the same character.”

Felicity’s New Job and Awkwardness with Oliver. Felicity agreed to work for Ray Palmer over at Queen Consolidated, but this twist won’t be kept from Oliver. “[Oliver] knows [about her job],” Amell said. “She announces it at the beginning of episode 3 that she has to go work at Queen Consolidated. Oliver pauses for a second then keeps going and changes the subject. [On this show] I’ve always strived for, on the show, making sure relationships are adult relationships. You can kiss someone and you can profess something to them but that doesn’t mean you avoid eye contact with them. There is a bigger goal and a much bigger circumstance in play, so I’m sure things are awkward but they’ve got work to do.”

Diggle Back on Team Arrow. “He’s on borrowed time a little bit,” Amell explained about Diggle’s decision to rejoin the team at the end of the last episode. “I think he respected what Oliver said during 3.01, once he saw Baby Sara. We haven’t really dealt with the repercussions of him being back on the team yet, because we haven’t caught the person that’s killed Canary, so until that happens, we need to put all those dynamics on hold. It’s very much status quo. Although this coming episode is very fun, a little bit similar to 2.06 last year when we went to Russia. It’s a boy’s trip. You know? Going off. Finding Thea. Fun dynamics.”

Laurel’s New Trainer. “Laurel trains with [newcomer] Ted Grant,” Cassidy said. “If you look back at, obviously, the comics, Wildcat trains Laurel – Dinah Lance – Black Canary. Whether that actually happens, I don’t know that aspect of it. But yes. Laurel does get involved with boxing.”

Keeping Secrets from Lance. Laurel has opted not to tell her father about Sara’s death, and while Oliver wasn’t happy about it, Amell says that he plans on respecting Laurel’s wishes. “As the Arrow, we played it a little bit in the second episode of him being worried. There’s only so much you can do with a voice modulator when you’re getting information quickly. Oliver’s not happy about it. That being said, much the same way that Oliver stood here while Diggle flailed his arms at him and said ‘This is my decision, this is not yours,’ it is Laurel’s decision, it is not Oliver’s. And he’s not gonna step out on that. He has the ability to disagree without taking matters into his own hands. He’s certainly not happy about it. I think there’s quite a respect between Oliver and Mr. Lance.” Cassidy admitted that “[the choice not to tell her father is] definitely weighing on her. I mean, I think throughout these episodes, you can feel that, and you can see that, and she is struggling, but whether she does decide to tell him or not, you have to watch season 3. Continue watching. But she does definitely continue to get stronger. You feel that internal struggle, that she’s not really sure – she doesn’t know what to do.”

Tension Between Laurel and Oliver. “The dynamic has been very adversarial, actually,” Amell said. “What she wants and what he’s prepared to reciprocate are at odds with one another and that carries through certainly the fall run of the show.” Cassidy explained that “Oliver isn’t necessarily very supportive of Laurel. Laurel, she is very…she’s obviously angry and lashing out, and she wants to find out who did this to her sister, and I don’t necessarily think that Oliver is too supportive of that. But, having said that, Laurel is very strong, and I think that she stands for what she believes in, and she’s a warrior. She’s a survivor. And I think hopefully, she will be able to prove it to him, and I think hopefully, he will be on her side, and support her, but who knows.”

http://www.screenfad.com/arrow/arrow-se ... sidy-26934

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Willa Holland y John Barrowman adelantan el vínculo brutal y disfuncional de Thea y Malcolm (TVLine):
Willa Holland adelanta el vínculo brutal y disfuncional de Thea y Malcolm
Por Vlada Gelman / 18 Octubre 2014, 4:04 PM PDT

Prepare for one twisted family gathering on Arrow when Oliver travels to Corto Maltese in search of Thea (Willa Holland) — and finds more than he bargained for — in Wednesday’s episode (The CW, 8/7c).

“He knows very little about what she’s done [during the past five months] other than that she has lied about where she is,” Arrow‘s leading man Stephen Amell previewed during a recent set visit. “Oliver calls her on that immediately.”

As the hour’s flashbacks reveal, his little sis has spent quite a bit of time with her biological father Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman), and she’s got the new skills to prove it.

“He’s been [taking] her under his wing,” Holland shares. “She’s been up to — not necessarily no good — just something a little bit different for Thea.”

During her training sessions, the bond between dad and his progeny has evolved in “very interesting” ways. “The Thea Queen-Malcolm Merlyn relationship is not going to be anywhere near normal, and I don’t think anybody would expect it to be,” Holland notes. Her onscreen pop, Barrowman, takes it a step further, labeling it “the most dysfunctional, brutal father-daughter relationship.

“You’re going to look at it and go, ‘This is too uncomfortable, but I really want to [keep] watching it because it’s like a car crash,’” he continues. However, as twisted as the dynamic may be, “there is a genuine love there and caring for her, but he wants her to be strong. He wants her to be able to stand on her own two feet.” (Barrowman also warns “your jaw will hit the floor” during the flashbacks.)

In a weird way, there is also trust between the two because, while Malcolm is who he is, “the one thing that he hadn’t done to Thea was lie about who he is,” Holland points out.

“Knowing Malcolm’s past, it’s definitely hard for Thea to trust him, but I think over the last five months, she’s gotten to known Malcolm in a different way,” she explains. “They have a different type of relationship than you would expect from them off the bat.”

But could it still be one full of deceit? When it comes to Thea’s evolution, Malcolm is “happy that he is in control of the situation,” Barrowman says. “How he does control is…pretty vicious.” While he used his money, power and physicality in the past, “this is his quest to emotionally manipulate people now.”

As Malcolm has grown closer to Thea by being honest, the distance between Oliver and his sister has only grown wider, both literally and figuratively. “He comes to the realization that the only way to bring her home when it was lies that drove her away is to tell her the truth,” Amell previews. “How much of the truth he has to tell her is one of the crucial points of the episode.”

Will it be enough to lure her back to Starling City? “The one thing that could always pull her back was Oliver, and her love for him and that side of her family, as well as Roy,” Holland says. “She has a lot in Starling City; it’s her home. But right now, I don’t think she has [any intention] to go back. She’s found a new Thea Queen and is very happy with who she is at the moment.”

http://tvline.com/2014/10/18/arrow-seas ... ver-truth/
- John Barrowman habla sobre el ‘Surrealista’ nombramiento como miembro de la Orden del Imperio Británio y qué es lo siguiente en "Arrow" (accesshollywood):
John Barrowman habla sobre el ‘Surrealista’ nombramiento como miembro de la Orden del Imperio Británico y qué es lo siguiente en "Arrow"
18 Octubre 18, 2014 02:07 PM EDT

John Barrowman is back in Canada after being honored in the UK earlier this week with an MBE – Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.

"It was totally awesome," the "Arrow" star said about the honor, after Warner Bros. flew AccessHollywood.com up to The CW show's set where they made us their guest.

On Tuesday, John, his mother, father and husband, Scott Gill, were in London as he accepted the honor presented to him by Princess Anne.

"It was kind of surreal," John told TV reporters in Vancouver on Friday. "I do a lot of charity work in the UK for numerous charities and Princess Anne is the patron of a couple of them that I'm involved in, as is the Queen, and I didn't even know I was going to be getting – that's something you expect to get when you're like 70, right? And retired and walking with a zimmer frame [Editor's Note: A walker]. And, for me, I was just overwhelmed. But yeah, it was great. My mom and dad, my husband Scott -- I took all of them and we spent a morning and a mid-afternoon at the palace."

John, who was born in Scotland, wore a kilt as he accepted the honor.

"I have four different kilts and that one is the Stewart tartan," John explained. "It's one of the main clans of Scotland. It's not a family tartan, I just like the color and that's why I wore it."

On Wednesday night, John made his television return to The CW's "Arrow." He was shown briefly in a scene where his character, Malcolm Meryln, was observing his daughter, Thea Queen, as she practiced martial arts.

Asked by a reporter on the set visit about how Malcolm feels about his daughter's training progress, John said his character has an interesting way of dealing with Thea that is different from how he has dealt with others, previously.

"He had money and power to manipulate people and the one thing that he was never able to grasp was that – because he lost his wife, she was emotionally connected to changing the city; he lost Tommy, who was emotionally connected to Laurel… he lost Moira because Moira emotionally connected to her children and she sacrificed herself, so Malcolm has never been able to emotionally get to somebody, so this is, I think, his quest to emotionally manipulate people now rather than – he still uses physicality, but it's a new twist in the way that i'm liking what they're doing," John said.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/john-bar ... icle_99804

- Stephen Amell y Grant Gustin adelantan el crossover de The Flash / Arrow y su gran pelea (IGN):
Stephen Amell y Grant Gustin adelantan el crossover de The Flash / Arrow y su gran pelea
Por Eric Goldman 19 Oct 2014

This past Friday, I was among a group of journalists who had the opportunity to visit the Vancouver sets of both Arrow and The Flash. With Arrow going strong in Season 3 and The Flash bringing in impressive ratings in its first two weeks, excitement is growing for the big crossover storyline the shows have coming up, in the eighth episode of each show this season.

During our visits to the sets, we spoke to both Stephen Amell (“Oliver Queen” / “Arrow”) and Grant Gustin (“Barry Allen” / “The Flash”) about what to expect when the heroes of Starling City and Central City come together.

Said Gustin, “I was talking about this yesterday with a friend; about how Oliver and Barry are so different and me and Stephen are just really different. We really get along outside of work and it’s been fun to show Barry and Oliver kind of butting heads. We’re seeing them learn how to work together, but it’s really funny because they’re so different and the conversations they have are hilarious.”

It’s been said that a really big moment will occur for Oliver Queen / Arrow during the crossover storyline, but specifically on The Flash episode of the storyline. Asked about this, Amell nodded and revealed, “It’s my idea. I can’t tell you anything about it other than it relates to Central City. When I saw it in the Flash script, it ended up being really actually quite gratifying. First of all, when I say it was my idea, everyone has ideas all the time. It all goes into a melting pot. I just thought it would be a cool idea. I thought it would be a cool idea for The Flash. It ended up being a cool idea that we were able to utilize me for because we were doing a crossover with The Flash. So it was very professionally gratifying.”

Amell added, “I just spoke with [director] Glenn Winter on Wednesday. We were shooting some stuff for episode 308, which is our Flash crossover episode, and he said that he had seen a cut and it was his favorite thing that I have been involved in so far on the show. I can’t say anything about what it has to do with other than that the crossovers… We are very much guests in Central City and very much the rogue team in Central City. Just as much as Grant and the Flash team are guests here. We talk and we delve into the differences between Central City and Starling City but this particular moment is very much an Arrow-centric moment. “

As to which character interactions he was most excited for during the crossover, Amell admitted, “It was me and Grant. I mean, episode 108 [of The Flash] is called "Flash vs. Arrow." Our titles aren’t just titles. You can bet based on the title that we fight. So, that whole dynamic -- which took place over three nights of shooting -- was a very new and different experience for me just from a technical standpoint, just because The Flash has so many effects. We do our fights [on Arrow]. On Monday, we are shooting the biggest fight we’ve ever done on Arrow in an incredibly practical way. I’m shooting 100% of it. I have no double. So that’s crazy and that’s us. This was them.”

Said Gustin, “When [Arrow] shoot action sequences, pretty much what you see is what you get and they’re really doing everything. We do a lot of plate shots that are empty shots of the area we’re going to be in and then they’re putting us in later in post. I do a lot of the fighting. I don’t have to do it full speed and then they ramp it up and a lot of people have to freeze and I keep moving. Then I have to clear frame and step back into frame. It’s really tedious stuff that we have to do. On theirs, they learn fight choreography and they shoot it from the perfect angles and what you see is what you get.”

Recalled Amell, “I actually had to do a move [in the crossover] where I’m going to punch and I had to punch in slow motion and literally do slow motion faces and all that stuff. All the little things are… You can tell that the writers have been waiting for the opportunity to mix these worlds and mix certain characters for a long time.”

“Central City and Starling City are very different places,” Amell noted. “When I go to Central City, it’s very much ‘All right, I’ll tag along, we’ll do things your way.’ And then, the very next night, in our episode it’s, ‘I’m sorry, we’re not in Central City anymore. We’re doing things my way. Things are different here.’ So it’s a really interesting checkpoint for both shows because we’re able to teach these big lessons to the characters. So hopefully Oliver comes out of his trip to Central City having learned something and [Barry] comes out of his trip to Starling City having learned something as well.”

When it came to mixing the worlds and characters of the show, Gustin remarked, with a grin, “It got confusing what’s on what show because we were shooting it all at the same time and the story is very much connected between the two episodes.”

In terms of the character interactions, Amell said, “I personally really enjoyed working with Carlos [Valdes, who plays Cisco]. He’s just a very, very fun character and I think that one of the most interesting parts about the whole crossover is an observation that Oliver makes about Harrison Wells.“

Given we spoke to both actors separately, it was quite amusing when both of them, unprovoked to do so, brought up the same actor as a highlight of this big event. Said Amell, “The unequivocal highlight of the entire crossover for me is David Ramsay. I could not keep a straight face during any of David Ramsay’s lines during the crossover to the Flash. It destroyed me. “

Said Gustin, “David Ramsey is the funniest person in the world. Think about Dig seeing The Flash and who Dig is and having to accept that this is reality and he just plays that so well and it’s so funny. It’s great.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/19/ ... -big-fight

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”