¡¡¡Nuevo proyecto de la FOX sobre GOTHAM!!!

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

donovan320
Lois Lane
Lois Lane

Re: ¡¡¡Nuevo proyecto de la FOX sobre GOTHAM!!!

Mensaje por donovan320 »

Muchas gracias por el video,belleza salvaje. :smt007

Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Mira tú... eso no me lo habían llamado nunca :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

La CTV Adquiere los derechos de "Gotham" para Canadá. El día de estreno y horario de la serie está aún por determinar.

http://www.ksitetv.com/general-tv-news/ ... more/32544

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

-CTV UPFRONTS 2014, Sony Centre for the Performing Arts Toronto, Canadá (05-06-14):
-Fotos-

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Portraits Studio:
Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(Thanks to @aluisi89, @anna08le, @chcruz829, @chelseablazer, @CJancelewick, @CTV_Lindsay, @CTV_Television, @DamnitMaurie, @djohns0003, @etalkCTV, @iheartlefties, @izelli13, @justaglimpse43, @mgaudett, @mrwillwong, @nrmorrow, @sarahedrich, @TanMcL, @TeddyWilson, @TheGate, @thetelevixen, @thisvoiceofmine, @TVGuide_Canada, @GothamSite, @kenzis, JustJared, GettyImages)

-Videos-

Gotham, Flash, Agents of SHIELD casts talk comics (Rob Salem)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kOEzuLfZ28 (Etalk)

Gotham - Murtz Jaffer Interviews Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, & Robin Lord Taylor

Gotham press conference (Rob Salem)

Highlights of the 2014 CTV Upfront (BellMedia)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Camren Bicondova y David Mazouz sobre el interperatar a los jóvenes Selina Kyle y Bruce Wayne (IGN):
Camren Bicondova y David Mazouz sobre el interperatar a los jóvenes Selina Kyle y Bruce Wayne
Por Eric Goldman 06 Junio, 2014

One of fall’s most anticipated series, Gotham takes a new look at the city that will give rise to the likes of Penguin, Riddler and, of course, the Dark Knight himself. While the show centers on Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie), we meet a ton of other familiar faces in their younger days, including the very notable presence of Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) and Selina Kyle (Camren Bicondova).

The 13-year-old Mazouz is best known for his role as Kiefer Sutherland’s son on Touch, while 15-year-old Bicondova’s background is primarily in dance, but it’s safe to say nothing in their careers has been quite like the spotlight Gotham will put on them.

Last month, shortly after the Gotham trailer had played to big cheers at the FOX Upfront event, I had the opportunity to speak to the two young actors about what it was like to play such beloved characters and how they approached portraying them years before they transform into their full costumed identities.

I should note that Mazouz was not originally not present as Bicondova and I began speaking, but joined us a couple of minutes in.

IGN TV: You're playing such an iconic character. What was it like finding out you got this part?

Camren Bicondova: I was actually pretty shocked, because she's, you know… she's great! But she's not quite Catwoman. She's in the teenage part of her life, so she doesn't really know that she's Catwoman yet. That's a cool part to play.

IGN: She's already a bit of a criminal though, right?

Bicondova: Well, yeah, in a way. It's kind of interesting because she steals so she can survive, but she doesn't steal maliciously, if that makes sense. It's not like she's like, "I'm bored. I'm gonna go steal something." She just needs it, so she steals it.

IGN: What's your relationship like with Jim Gordon, because we know he's kind of at the center of the show?

Bicondova: As of right now, since we just shot the pilot, it was more like an introduction, so I haven't officially met Gordon. But as far as I know, further down the road, I think their relationship gets close -- with Gordon and Bruce Wayne.

[Editor’s Note: As Bicondova was answering this last question, Mazouz joined us]

IGN: A lot of people are wondering about that, about Bruce Wayne, and whether you two will interact and what that will be like, given what the future holds for both of you. David, are you excited to see that?

David Mazouz: Yeah, I mean, it's going to be great. Camren's awesome -- well, she's okay.

Bicondova: Well, he's okay too! [Laughs]

Mazouz: No, Camren's awesome, so if I can do a scene with her, that would be amazing. I don't know where they're going to take the show. I have no idea. I've only read the pilot. I'm interested to see where it all goes too.

IGN: I asked Camren, but what was it like for you finding out that you were playing this iconic character that obviously has so much history to him?

Mazouz: Well, playing Bruce Wayne sucks. [Laughs] No, let me ask you this question: What 13-year-old boy doesn't want to be Batman?

IGN: [Laughs] It doesn't stop at 13, I'll tell you that!

Mazouz: He's the coolest superhero ever. That's what I'll say, and I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/06/ ... ruce-wayne

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Ben McKenzie habla sobre 'Gotham': 'Él no puede sólo ponerse la capa y echarse a volar' (EW.com):
Ben McKenzie habla sobre 'Gotham': 'Él no puede sólo ponerse la capa y echarse a volar'
Por James Hibberd 12 de Junio, 2014 at 11:27AM

During his first day on the set of Fox’s Batman prequel series Gotham, star Ben McKenzie sat in a 1970s-era Chrysler and had a moment of doubt.

This was his first scene for the production playing Det. Jim Gordon, and it was a very simple one – McKenzie merely had to drive the car up to Wayne Manor. But suddenly, the former Southland star felt overwhelmed. “I’m sitting behind the wheel, and I’m thinking, ‘This is crazy, this is crazy. What am I doing? This is nuts. I’m never going to be able to pull this off,’” he recalled. Thankfully, the moment passed, “and it all went great.”

Below McKenzie talks about diving into the Batman universe and shooting the fall’s most highly anticipated new series, which follows a superpower and gadget-free cop responsible for stopping Gotham’s increasingly theatrical array of villains. In this prequel world, Bruce Wayne is still just a kid, and Gordon’s first assignment is investigating the mysterious murder of his parents.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So how did you get involved with this show?
Ben McKenzie: I did a pilot with [Gotham creator Bruno Heller] last year…

The legal one?
Yeah — well, it was about victims’ advocates. We had a really good time, and obviously the show didn’t get picked up, but we were really proud of it. It was for CBS and they picked up like maybe two dramas.

CBS has so few slots in their schedule.
It was one of those things. And I had heard this was coming down the pipe, and Bruno sent me the script early and said he wrote this part with me in mind — which is incredibly flattering. We just started the discussions from there, and it has all come together in an amazing way. To be written for by a fantastic writer and to start from a place of knowing and liking each other — it’s a beautiful way of jumping off.

What excites you about the character?
He’s a truly honest man. The last honest man in a city full of crooked people. It’s very tricky nowadays to play a true, honest-to-goodness hero. Everybody is so cynical of people’s intentions. What’s interesting about him is he comes into this city that he hasn’t lived in for two decades, since he was a kid, and has fresh eyes to a world he doesn’t actually know. He thinks he knows it, and his journey will be to figure out how to make it better both for Gotham and himself without completely [losing] the moral standing that he has. He’s not an anti-hero, he’s a true hero — but he will have to compromise.

From reading the pilot script, it seems like, given the tightrope he has to walk in just the first episode of the show, it’s hard to see how Gordon could maintain his ideals throughout the series.
He won’t. And that’s one of the things we talked about very early on. This is not a Batman-from-the-’50s kind of show, with moral duality in black and white. In this world, everybody lives in the grey. Everybody is on the take. Everybody is compromised. There is no way he’ll emerge unscathed from that. How does he hold onto the thread of his mortality while getting things done?

How are you making this character unique from your last law enforcement character, on Southland?
I’m trying to bring whatever I picked up on Southland: some semblance of tactical reality of whatever he’s doing.

That training must be helpful.
To some degree I’m trying to bring that. It’s clearly a different show, it’s clearly not reality. But I learned so much on that job over the years. The thing I run into here is that — there’s nothing wrong with having a moral center, and it sets [Gordon] apart for the rest of the people in this world. And that’s an incredibly compelling concept. At the same time, for audiences, that moral centeredness can come across as naivete unless the character is written to be as smart as everybody else in the room, if not smarter. It’s sort of that noir-ish thing — Phillip Marlow is going to stumble, and he’s not going to know what the criminals know. But he’s as smart as they are, if not smarter, and so he’s going to figure it out as he goes along. So you have to juggle those balls without having the character go, “I can’t believe everybody is corrupt! What are the odds?” So that’s been an ongoing conversation. The good news is Bruno and [director Danny Cannon] are fully on board with that take on the character.

How familiar were you with the Batman universe before this?
I’m a big fan of Batman. I can’t claim I grew up reading a lot of comics — weirdly the one I remember is Iron Man. I would watch repeats of the cheesy biff-pow-bang show, the Adam West version, in the afternoons in Texas. As I grew older, [the depictions of Batman] grew more sophisticated, and I loved the [Christopher] Nolan films. The thing that I think is universally relateable about Batman is he’s not a superhero. He has no special powers. He’s simply a man who’s experienced this extreme trauma, and has access to all sort of gadgets and weaponry that a wealthy person could have, and has an emotional need for justice. As an actor, I’m much more interested in people. When they have superpowers, it’s not that I don’t find them enjoyable, it’s just that….

You feel detached.
I feel a little detached. Not to rag on a completely unrelated topic, but to me it’s like musicals. I’m like, “Oh, I’m with this story,” and then they start singing and that seems strange. I probably shouldn’t say that in New York City! Long story short: Gordon couldn’t be more human. In a DC universe where all of these characters are human, he is Exhibit A in being a simple, flawed human being. He’s strong and smart and tough, but he’s going to make wrong decisions and trust the wrong people. And he has no out — he can’t put on a cape and fly off.

How have you prepared for the role?
I went to lunch with [DC Comics chief creative officer] Geoff Johns and asked, “What do I need to know? I’m familiar with Batman and Gordon, but what’s my responsibility here?” He gave me Gotham Central … and said two things: The origin story of Gordon hasn’t been fully explored before. As central as he is, Gordon has never been the focus. And second, you can’t worry about that. “We hired you to play you and to make this character fresh.” And he said it without provocation. That coming from the guy who’s so well versed in this, saying to make it your own, it was a real pat on the shoulder. There’s a tendency with such a familiar world that it can be intimidating. But you got to relax and do it. It ought to be bigger and grander and — frankly — cooler than most, but you have to treat it like a job.

What’s been uniquely challenging in terms of shooting the pilot?
To me, this show has to be shot in New York. New York is Gotham and Gotham is New York. It’s been incredible to be here. This is my first time shooting here. It’s exactly the look and feel and energy that you just cannot fake in a backlot. But it’s been 20 degrees and windy. Plus, there’s the more practical challenge of creating a new world. If a Toyota Corolla drives by in the background, it doesn’t make any difference what you’re doing performance-wise — it’s not usable.

You have to be envious sometimes when the other actors have cool nicknames and outfits and wicked traits, and you have to put on your tie.
Yes! You don’t want him to be the straight man to everybody else, the rube who’s kind of boring. You have to trust the fact that we’re telling Jim’s story. Why are we telling his story? We’re telling it because in a world that’s about to fall apart due to all of these people, when there is no reason to be good, he’s the one man standing up and saying, “No, that’s not right.” And there’s inherent power to that. Besides, I don’t want to be hippest guy. I don’t want to sit around in a fedora and skinny jeans.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/12/ben-m ... tham-city/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Imágenes de los "special screening events" de Gotham en N.Y. y L.A. (12-06-13):
Con motivo del screening previo del piloto de "Gotham", el elenco y equipo de la serie se reunieron en N.Y. y L.A., en sendos eventos especiales seguidos por un cóctel para los asistentes.

En el screening de N.Y, celebrado en el Crosby Street Hotel, se encontraban Andrew Stewart-Jones, Cory Michael Smith, Victoria Cartagena, Ben McKenzie, Zabryna Guevara y Robin Taylor.

Antes del episodio, McKenzie, quien interpreta al joven Comisario Gordon, le dijo a los asistentes que “se sintieran libres de ir a cualquiera de ellos y decirles lo mucho que les gustó la serie, tanto si era verdad como si no”. Tras el screening, los invitados se dirigieron a la sala adyacente en el que se servía el cóctel y McKenzie cumplió su promesa, pasando la mayor parte del tiempo sentado en una mesa y hablando con los invitados y periodistas sobre la serie:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Por su parte, Donal Logue, David Mazouz (Bruce Wayne), Camren Bicondova (Selina Kyle), y los productores ejecutivos/escritores John Stevens, Bruno Heller y Danny Cannon, estuvieron presentes en el screening de L.A. celebrado en los iPic Theaters:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Gotham Preview: ¿Qué pueden esperar los fans de una historia de orígenes de Batman? (tvfanatic):
Gotham Preview: ¿Qué pueden esperar los fans de una historia de orígenes de Batman?
Por Jim Halterman 13 Junio, 2014 1:12 pm.

The Penguin is coming.

And so is the Catwoman, Riddler and more villains from the story of Batman, which we’ll see this fall in the new Fox series, Gotham.

The series follows a young Jim Gordon in his early days of law enforcement, chronicling how his relationship with a pre-teen Bruce Wayne - who we know will grow up to be Batman – begins.

The unique drama - which Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue and Jada Pinkett Smith - was screened last night in New York and Los Angeles and TV Fanatic was on hand to grab a few minutes with director Danny Cannon and Executive Producer Bruno Heller.

Read on to gather up insight into this new take on a very familiar franchise...

TV Fanatic: Talk to me about expectations. Even I came into this with expectations but how do you keep that in your head or not in your head when shaping Gotham?

Danny Cannon: We met at Thanksgiving and we were both on other projects and Bruno had just pitched his idea and we had a long conversation about ‘where is this?’ The thing about it is we wanted it to be absolutely nondescript. We know it’s 20 years before [The Dark Knight director Christopher] Nolan. We know that and thank God because I wouldn’t want to touch that work of art.

What we did was we said if New York had not moved forward from the late 70s and early 80s when it was in trouble before Koch, before Bloomberg, before Giuliani, when every subway train had graffiti on it, when Blondie was playing and when hip hop was created. Before Public Enemy. We were so turned on by that notion and I ran with that.

Bruno Heller: Beyond that, the expectations are really just a good thing because everyone has an idea of this world in their head so you’re tapping into a common pool of culture. All around the world people could make their own Batman movie or imagine their own Gotham. So when you’re presenting that world everyone knows that you’re really presenting your take on it.

DC: Bruno said early about the Greek myths. They were always performed live in ancient times and every performance was different but they were telling the same story. So everyone when they were telling their friends and sharing the story, it was different then, too. I think that’s a beautiful thing. So if we can keep that up, I think Batman is the best franchise in sci-fi history.

TVF: Talk to me about the Jim Gordon character. We’ve known him in other works and in Gotham as such a noble, good person. Is he ever going to cross a line or will we always see him step just before that line?

BH: I would say, yes, he’s going to cross a few lines. It’s part of the journey of Gotham and if that’s the journey he has to take to get to the point he’s accepting a slightly psycho vigilante in a mask as a legit part of law enforcement, that’s crossing a line!

TVF: Talk about your directing style, Danny, and how you approached it.

DC: This is the first television pilot where I sat down and I drew frames. I’d never done that in television because you work at such a breakneck pace and normally everything you’re doing is based upon some kind of reality. But one of the first things I did was to find a visual effects company that shared my vision and we talked about the 70s and 80s in New York. And we talked about a world that was rundown – it could be now – and yes there are cell phones but it’s non-descript but they didn’t get it right. There’s no Steve Jobs. There’s no hope. It hasn’t quite gotten there yet. It’s a town with no hope and no prospects so I ran with that and I kept my feet on the ground and my influences were all the movies.

TVF: Talk about the villains here. How much will you be creating your own on top of the ones we have from the Batman lore?

BH: Both. We’ve got great partners in DC and Geoff Johns. He knows his stuff. From the technical point of view, there’s a freedom in creating your own and a value in recognized name. In each case we’ll find a balance. Fish Mooney, for instance, is a fresh character because we needed the freedom to play so, yes, both.

DC: And I think [Jada] nailed the tone. If anyone nailed the tone it’s her. Camp is right around the corner but she didn’t go there. Instead, she had a body language which was beautiful. I worked with her, and so did Bruno, extensively with Bruno where we watched her shape it. Her work was spectacular. Literally, she and Penguin can have a show of their own!

BH: She’s does this thing that is totally believable and completely graceful and sexy but scary and not everybody can do that.

TVF: Why was Ben McKenzie the right choice to play Jim Gordon?

DC: [Bruno] said it in the first meeting. ‘Watch Ben McKenzie’s work.’ It was bizarre!

BH: The thing is TV doesn’t lie. Movies can lie. He has genuine honor and integrity in an old school way and he reacts that way. To me, he’s up there with Gary Cooper and Jimmy Stewart as a guy who really embodies the best American old school values and that just comes and thrusts everything he does.

DC: I went to his house and there was a beautiful picture of his entire family and they were so happy. He’s from good stock and he’s raised well. He understands the word integrity. He knows what it means. I can’t imagine anybody else playing this part.

BH: He doesn’t give you a false note. He won’t give you something that isn’t true to what he’s playing, which is a really rare quality.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2014/06/gotham ... gin-story/

Imagen Imagen

isma20
Lois Lane
Lois Lane
Contactar:

Mensaje por isma20 »

mmm parece interesantes habra q ver como se desarolla mmm :super11

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Pues sí, ya veremos ;)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Logue Revela que "El Harvey Bullock de Gotham tendrá la moral 'en el filo de una hoja de afeitar' (CBR):
Logue Revela que "El Harvey Bullock de Gotham tendrá la moral 'en el filo de una hoja de afeitar'
por Scott Huver 16 de Junio, 2104

Since his comic book debut four decades ago, Det. Harvey Bullock has been a tough character to pin down -- sometimes corrupt, sometimes noble; sometimes compromised, sometimes steadfast; and always slovenly -- and that's part of his charm. And actor Donal Logue says the new television incarnation of Bullock appearing on Fox's upcoming "Gotham" TV series will walk a fine line between Gotham City's best and worst elements.

Speaking with CBR News following a screening of the "Gotham" pilot -- set in a rapidly decaying Gotham City immediately following the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne -- Logue discusses his take on the street-level cop who, in the comics, has always been dubious about Batman's brand of vigilante justice, and on the show, may be the best friend or worst enemy his idealistic partner James Gordon (Ben McKenzie) will ever have.

CBR News: There have been a few distinctive versions of the Harvey Bullock character in the comics and in animation since he was introduced in the '70s. What was the thing that you responded to in the interpretation of Bullock that we see in "Gotham?

Donal Logue: I responded to working with Bruno [Heller, the show's creator and executive producer] and Danny [Cannon, executive producer/director] more than anything. When my sons were young, we would drive up to Oregon and they would play the Batman TV show, and I would hear Bullock [voiced by Robert Costanzo]. And I clearly wasn't doing the same Bullock. But I also think sometimes if you're cantankerous, there's a kind of a -- I'm not saying that that was just it, at all -- Bullock's such a fascinating character, but you don't want to make it too empty and cynical a note that it can't play that long. So when I think of Gotham, when I think of DC Comics, for some reason, my mind goes, James Elroy, Raymond Chandler -- it's a different kind of thing.

More noir?

More noir, kind of a detective feel, so that's what drew me, for sure.

Did you do much research into the comic book character, or are you just relying on what they're giving you in the script?

Both, but there's a lot of [comics] -- there's "Gotham Central," there's just a lot of interesting literature where Bullock is a good guy. Bullock is also kind of a dirty [character] -- he saves the day, but he makes some mistakes. I think that's kind of what we're going to see over the course of this long form when we get into "Gotham."

Are you really going to walk a razor's edge with his morality? He's had plenty of moments of redemption in the different versions that we've seen of him -- literally a good cop and bad cop. Is your Bullock going to be kind of right up the middle?

I'm sure that's exactly where we're going to play it. I can't imagine it being that different. I mean, the thing is, there's been a few incarnations, but that's where I think Harvey's always been. Ultimately, he has revealed himself to be a little bit of a fearless, good cop at heart. I'm fairly cynical. I believe a bit in moche politique -- you kind of have to get in bed with the devil. I think that's who he is. It's absurd to be that idealistic if Gotham is the Jungian shadow of the world, you know what I mean? So of course, it's up to Bruno. it's up to Danny Cannon where the individual storylines are going. After seeing the pilot, you see how my relationship with Jim Gordon will be tested when I'm like, "I was right, by the way, in that you have to do bad things in war to achieve bigger, better things. Can you do this?" "Yes." And does he or does he not? Ultimately, a lot of people suffer when people wuss out, which is what's going to happen, I think.

You and Ben McKenzie are obviously going to spend a lot of time in each other's faces. Tell me about finding your chemistry together.

We found it so quickly -- Ben had worked with my sister, and we joked about that. My sister played a prostitute in "Southland" that Ben had by the throat -- Karina, who was on "Terriers" with me, and "Sons of Anarchy." So Ben's a great guy. Ben's a really great actor. Ben takes the craft seriously, [but] doesn't take himself seriously. He's incredibly patient. He has all those kind of Jim Gordon-esque character qualities that actually just make it really enjoyable to go into that kind of 15, 16-hour day world with. He makes it very easy to bond with him.

There are so many exciting, accomplished actors working in the superhero/comic book medium at the moment. Was it something you were looking forward to, finding the right gig in the genre?

No. I just go from interesting showrunner to interesting showrunner. It started with working with Kurt Sutter and Michael Hirst on "Sons of Anarchy" and "Vikings," and Tom Kelley on "Copper," and then Warren Leight and "Law and Order: SVU" came along. And then Bruno Heller and "Gotham." So I've just been really gifted and lucky to work with these great writers, and that's the most interesting thing. Honestly, things that are either historically rooted, like "Vikings" or even "Copper," it doesn't matter. I just think it's the quality of the writing is the most important thing.

What have you been loving about the overall vision for "Gotham" thus far?

What I love the most about "Gotham" is that I have a sense of what they're doing, but I kind of see it when I'm doing my little piece of it. So to sit back and watch it all revealed is eye-opening to me, and to see what other people are doing, who I'm not doing the scenes with, to see how they're taking their parts and running with it. I'm very excited, because "Gotham," more than almost any other show I've been in, I think, has the possibilities of all these unopened doors we have yet to explore, or to see what Sean's [Pertwee] going to do with Alfred or all these other great actors. Robin Ward Taylor -- I'm a huge fan. I can't wait to see when the new bad guys and the new villains are starting to go -- I want to see where Cory [Michael Smith] goes with E. Nygma. So I'm excited!

Are the producers playing the storyline twists close to the vest, or have they shared with the cast?

Playing it very close to the vest! I haven't even read the second script yet, which I might tonight or tomorrow.

How ready are you to get into the world of Batman, away from the show, now you're going to be a part of the character's rich 75-year history? What does that mean to you?

Oh, it's an honor. That fan base is the most ardent, loyal -- sometimes super-critical, but they think critically about it because they care about it. I think it's great. I accept all responsibility that comes with it. But I'm not scared by it. At the same time, we're also free to -- this is a new incarnation of it, and it's going to be different. I was never trying to do an imitation of the voice of Harvey Bullock in the animated series, and I think that when the legions of fans have this new version of the world of "Gotham," then they'll have this new bible to pore over that they'll feel their own proprietary sense of ownership with it, I hope.

There's another side to Harvey that was revealed in the comics long ago: Despite his rough exterior, he's a devoted classic film enthusiast. Do we get to see that aspect of Harvey in "Gotham?"

I imagine that we will see that element. We've had some conversations about it. I think it's going to be incredibly revealing to see these people in their private moments at home, especially Bullock.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=53463

- Los actores David Mazouz y Camren Bicondova y el productor ejecutivo John Stephens hablan sobre el llevar una nueva historia de Batman a la televisión (thetvaddict):
Los actores David Mazouz y Camren Bicondova y el productor ejecutivo John Stephens hablan sobre el llevar una nueva historia de Batman a la televisión
Por Tiffany Vogt 16 de Junio, 2014

Fox’s new drama series GOTHAM seeks to tell the unknown tale of Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie), Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) and Catwoman (Camren Bicondova) in the years before Batman took up his mask to right the wrongs of injustice. It will show us the journey Bruce Wayne took during those formulate teen years and how Jim Gordon rose within Gotham’s police force fighting corruption every step of the way. As for Catwoman, she has always been a mystery as to her origins. Fortunately, GOTHAM has found a way to tie all their fates together.

At a recent special press screening, stars David Mazouz and Camren Bicondova, along with executive producer John Stephens, provided some insight as to the entangled journey of Bruce Wayne, Selina aka Catwoman and police detective Jim Gordon.

How does it feel to be stepping into the shoes of such an iconic character?
DAVID: Let’s put it this way: what 13-year old boy does not want to be Batman? Not that I’m playing Batman, but still. My first reaction when I found out that I got the role was: “Oh my gosh, this is the best thing to ever happen to me. This is awesome.” I told all my friends, “I am Batman.” Then a few days later, it hit me, “Oh my god, this is going to be stressful.” When you are playing such an iconic role, there’s always people saying, “You should be doing it like this.” But after we did the pilot, I got a lot more comfortable with the role. There may be a little bit of bumps in the road, but I think it’s going to be a fun, cool role.

From what we have seen, your character Bruce Wayne interacts with Jim Gordon a lot. Is that interaction going to continue through all the episodes?
DAVID: I don’t know. I haven’t seen any of the other scripts yet. But I think that friendship is going to be really cool. This is a part of Bruce Wayne’s life no one has really portrayed. We have seen before the first 5 minutes with the death of his parents, but no other version of the story has gone to this depth. So it will be interesting to see how Bruce Wayne’s two new father-figures influence him — Alfred and Jim Gordon. They essentially raise him.

Do you see yourself portraying Bruce Wayne as a more serious character or will there be a lighter side to him as well?
DAVID: That will depend on the scripts. Whatever is cool with me. But if the pilot is any indication, he is probably going to be more serious. Before Bruce’s parents were killed, he was just a regular boy — well, not a regular boy, he was raised to be a billionaire — but after his parents’ death it’s like a breaking point. He realizes bad things are happening and he wants to do something about it; and slowly 10 years later he comes to another breaking point and becomes Batman. So he has been strongly affected. He’s determine that happened to him is not going to happen to anybody else. That’s his main thing — looking for justice.

What do you most admire about Bruce at this point?
DAVID: I think the thing I admire about him most is ability to keep it together. That was the thing that Danny [Cannon] and Bruno [Heller] emphasized: that he was raised to not show any fear when something bad happens and to always have your head up. I think that matters, that he doesn’t just sit around sobbing.

That scene when he shakes Jim Gordon’s hand at the funeral really showed that. It impressed upon us that it took such strength of character that Bruce was that calm in that moment.
DAVID: Exactly. He has that strength. Jim Gordon was pretty much the first person he talked to after that trauma and he looks up to him. He also trusts him.

What will be Bruce’s biggest challenge? Will it be to hold himself back from investigating on his own?
DAVID: Maybe. Maybe he will be investigating on his own. (Laughs) I don’t know. But as you can see in the pilot, he wants to get into it. He wants to find the bad guy.

So what is it like working with Sean Pertwee, who plays Alfred? He seems a little sassy.
DAVID: Awesome! He’s the nicest guy ever. He’s so warm and lovable. But he’s unlike any other Alfred. He’s a little tougher and outspoken. I think he’s going to be a big part of Bruce’s life just because of who he is, and maybe training him. I could see that.

Do you know if Bruce will be having any scenes with Selina soon?
DAVID: I don’t know yet. I would like to think she would be there investigating with him. But, for now, I think she just wants to see how he’s doing.

Then what’s Selina’s story? Where is she coming from?
CAMREN: She’s a teenage orphan. She’s a skilled pick-pocket and thief, and she lives on the streets of Gotham. She’s living on her own, just surviving, doing what she needs to do.

So what draws her to hover around Bruce Wayne? What attracts her?
CAMREN: I think the fact that neither of them have parents. She hasn’t had a lot of similarities with people because she’s lived on the streets and on her own pretty much her whole life. So she sees him like a kindred spirit. I think that is what stimulates their friendship.

You have the cat-movements down perfectly? How did you come up with that?
CAMREN: I have a background in dance and that helps me a lot. I’m comfortable in my own body and I know which movements look right. I think that is what helps me.

What was the experience of working on the pilot like for you?
CAMREN: It was great. It was exciting. But it was also very cold. The first day shooting, I didn’t expect it to be as cold as it was and it felt like it was a negative 15 degrees. So I had to thaw out my hands and feet for about 45 minutes. After that, they started giving me hot packs to keep warm.

Your character Selina gets in the middle of the action right away and it makes her a pivotal part of the GOTHAM story. How does it feel to be incorporated in so quickly?
CAMREN: I felt kind of special. That was really cool. I like how it twisted the story, like now she knows something that other people don’t and that will definitely be something that effects her and Bruce’s relationship.

Do you think Selina is afraid for her own life?
CAMREN: I don’t think so. I think she’s so used to being on her own that she knows how to protect herself, and if someone was to come at her, she would do what she needed to do.

Have you done any training for the role?
CAMREN: I’ve been taking some parkour classes, learning how to run up walls and stuff like that. That’s really fun.

What do you most admire about Selina?
CAMREN: I admire her confidence and I admire that she’s so cool. She’s just so chill. She’s also so brave and doesn’t really care about what anyone thinks of her. She just does what she needs to survive; she doesn’t care whether it’s good or bad. She’s very independent and I feel like she’s very mature. So it’s really cool to play her. She’s a really interesting character.

After watching the pilot, it is easy to see that you really lucked out with the casting of David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne.
JOHN: We did. He absolutely sells it that he is Bruce Wayne. It’s such a cliche, but it’s true: great actors make each other better. So when you watch him and Ben [McKenzie] in scenes together, it does feel like an embarrassment of riches. We have so many great actors.

So what do you see to be the GOTHAM story? What’s the show about?
JOHN: We’re telling the story of the city. It’s not just the crime of the week. After all, this is the city that created Batman. We want your heart to beat a little bit faster because you’re in this world.

It’s really great to see such iconic characters like Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler brought into the GOTHAM story so quickly. What was the inspiration for that?
JOHN: We loved the idea that these characters are going to run into each other and are going to shape each other into who they are going to be. It’s always interesting when dealing with characters where we know there end-place. Like we know that 15 years from now, Bruce is going to put on the mask and we’re wondering: what is the journey that is going to take him there? Or what is it going to be to make become Catwoman? It is making that unexpected journey that keeps us interested. Plus, with Batman and Catwoman, we’ve always wondered: is it just sexual tension or do they see something in each other — and I think the pilot answers that question.

Another important relationship is that between Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue) and to see that develop in the early years is fascinating.
JOHN: GOTHAM is the class noir city. It’s a city like where you look into the darkness and the darkness looks back at you. So Jim Gordon is beginning to see that, and if he is not careful he could become Harvey Bullock. It will be a question of whether Jim will be on this side of the pendulum or the other. We’re always interested in the mirrored version and to see on which side they fall. Like it would be very easy for Bruce Wayne to fall on the dark side and instead of becoming a hero, he could become a villain.

So who is going to be GOTHAM’s ultimate villain for this season?
JOHN: Penguin is our villain. Every season, in theory, will have one iconic villain. Robin [Taylor] is an absolute find. Penguin is an unusual villain and he doesn’t play the heavy, he plays it with a bit more finesse.

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2014/06/16/g ... elevision/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Imágenes de Pósters promocionales de "GOTHAM":

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- GOTHAM New Promo "Villains":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=islRZ_ygKk8

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Ben McKenzie sopesa los sacrificios morales de policía de Gotham Jim Gordon, y adelanta una batalla por el alma deBruce Wayne (TVLine):
Ben McKenzie sopesa los sacrificios morales de policía de Gotham Jim Gordon, y adelanta una batalla por el alma deBruce Wayne
Por Matt Webb Mitovich / 19 de Junio 2014, 2:15 PM PDT

This fall, Fox will shed (a hint of) light on dark Gotham, the DC Comics metropolis that is fated to one day be safeguarded by Batman. But at the time the series picks up, the burden lies on the Gotham PD — including detective/oneday commish Jim Gordon and his partner Harvey Bullock — to uphold the law and at least regulate disorder.

After screening the series pilot in New York City, TVLine grabbed a few minutes with onetime Southland lawman Ben McKenzie, who is tasked with bringing Gordon to life on the small screen, about the much-anticipated drama, which also stars Sons of Anarchy‘s Donal Logue (as Bullock), Jada Pinkett Smith (as mob boss Fish Mooney), Touch‘s David Mazouz (young Bruce Wayne), Robin Lord Taylor (Oswald “Don’t Call Me Penguin!” Cobblepot), Elementary‘s Sean Pertwee (Alfred) and Camren Bicondova (young Selina Kyle).

TVLINE | This role, I have to imagine, was one of the bigger gets of pilot season. How did you celebrate?
Oh, it was great. I mean, I’m pretty mellow, so it was just dinners with friends and things. I didn’t do anything crazy. But there are a lot of Brits on this show, so there was a lot of drinking with the pilot.

TVLINE | Do you feel less pressure, because there is no Batman in Gotham, or more pressure, to deliver a compelling drama without him?
I would say that there’s always pressure when you’re dealing with a world that is so beloved by the fans of that world — and Batman has got to be the deepest and broadest fan base in the entire world, I would think. Maybe Superman [is bigger]…? But I don’t even know if that’s true. So they care deeply about it, and the responsibility you have as a creative entity within this thing to try to do it well enough to where they don’t hate you. Not having Batman I feel is kind of freeing, because it doesn’t put pressure on whomever would have to play that role. David Mazouz, who plays the young Bruce Wayne, is a fantastic actor and a lovely young man, and he gets to reinterpret the role. We’ve seen Bruce at 12, but we usually just use that as the backstory [for a Batman story] and then jump forward. So the fact that we sit there in the present and watch this young man try to understand what his future will be, because he is presented with both alternatives, is a special thing. Alfred and I will battle over his soul, effectively….

TVLINE | Is that how you are describing the Jim Gordon/Alfred dynamic?
Broadly and generically speaking, yeah, because Alfred has also been reinterpreted as a much stronger man, a military Royal Forces guy. As such, he’s not going to sit there and quietly, kindly explain things to Bruce; he’s going to say, “Stiff upper lip, shoulders back, chest up, look grief in the eye and don’t blink.” Jim is also a military man, but he’s also sort of a gentler soul –at least initially.

TVLINE | We see that in the first conversation he has with young Bruce, after his parents are murdered.
Yeah, he’s like, “These [feelings] that you want to push aside are what keep us human and keep us honest.” After all, that’s what true heroism is, right? True heroism is not saying, “I’m going to take a pill that keeps me from feeling fear and plunge into battle.” I need to feel this fear and overcome it for the sake of a larger good. Those are the sorts of things we’ll address on this show.

TVLINE | Is it a challenge of a sort to play one of the precious few good guys here?
It is, because you don’t want to feel like the stick in the mud, especially since we live in such a cynical age. [Showrunner] Bruno [Heller] and I talked about this a lot as we made the pilot. If [Gordon] is just like, “Guys, that’s wrong” all the time, people are going to be like, “Blech. Let’s follow the villains.”

TVLINE | And he can only throw so many elbows at thugs.
Exactly. So we found at least a bit of a thread with his past, where he idealizes his father, who was a District Attorney, yet he never really knew his father, not as an adult. So there’s that, and also the trauma he experienced as a soldier overseas informs his world view. He rejects this moral relativism that is sweeping Gotham, this, “How bad can it be?! A little money on the side!” But at the same time, his moral absolutism can’t last in Gotham. You see that it’s tested immediately, where he’s put in a situation where he can’t win.

TVLINE | As Jim is tested, will he in turn see if he can nudge detective partner Harvey Bullock toward… well, being a better man?
Look, he’s going to try. How Harvey ends up, we don’t know yet. We know that Jim ends up being commissioner, but what moral sacrifices does he have to make along the way? [That dilemma] starts from jump here, and it’s only going to get worse.

TVLINE | Even Jim’s fiancée Barbara seems to have her secrets….
She does. She has some secrets that will unfold as the season progresses…

TVLINE | Perhaps something more than, as is intimated, she “experimented” a bit in college?
Yeah, there is more than meets the eye, even with that tease of the pilot. We’re telling in some senses a noir-ish tale, so the relationships, the love affairs on the show, don’t necessarily end well. That’s not to say that Jim and Barbara’s doesn’t, but it’s certainly not a trouble-free relationship. Because nothing is in Gotham!

TVLINE | Did I pick up on a hint of a class difference between them?
She comes from a very wealthy family, and while Jim wasn’t poor by any stretch, that sort of innate class difference is also a bit of an issue. Wherever Jim comes from, he perceives himself as quite blue-collar. He’s a cop — he’s not an attorney — so he’s going to fight injustice at a street level.

http://tvline.com/2014/06/19/gotham-ser ... no-batman/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Gotham" , Nuevo póster oficial de la serie:

Imagen

(Thanks to @bleedingcool)

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”