"EMILY OWENS, M.D" (First Cut)

No es un viejo verde porque no es viejo, sólo eso. Flechazos mil.

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, porre, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "EMILY OWENS, M.D" (First Cut)

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Emily Owens M.D. - 1.05 "Emily and…The Tell-Tale Heart" Sneak Peek:

- Emily Owens, M.D. : Emily and... The Tell Tale Heart Actor's Preview:

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills 1.07 "Emily and. . .the Good and the Bad":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Emily Owens M.D.: Michael Rady Apunta el triángulo amoroso en el episodio de esta semana (TVOvermind):
Emily Owens M.D.: Michael Rady Apunta el triángulo amoroso en el episodio de esta semana
Por Clarissa 20 de Noviembre, 2012 at 3:51 pm

EMILY OWENS, M.DThe preview for tonight's all new episode of Emily Owens M.D. shows us that Micah's mother's illness will resurface in a significant way. She may have been MIA in recent episodes, but her deteriorating condition will deeply affect Micah and Emily..

We recently chatted with star Michael Rady about Micah's mother, the Micah-Emily-Will triangle and what's coming up in the special birthday episode.

Resurfacing Love Triangle. While the first few episodes of Emily Owens M.D. seemed to advocate for a rivalry between Micah and Will for Emily's affections, the young doctor has spent the last several episodes focused on her crush on Will. Where has that left Micah? With a new girlfriend. But it looks like the Micah/Kelly Hamada relationship is not fated to last. "They were flirting for a while and he saw that Emily was otherwise distracted and engaged with Will," Michael explained. "As a way to distract himself, [he thought] ‘I might as well not be waiting around here forever, so let me just go and enjoy myself a little bit’." But Michael also added that "There’s definitely a burning triangle happening. It gets much more prominent a little bit further on. Right now we’re shooting [episode] 11 and things are getting serious here. But it’s never fun to burn those things out too quickly so I’m glad it’s a slow burn."

Joyce's Cancer. Micah will be forced to make some difficult and emotional decisions tonight when the treatment for his mother's cancer is "not responding as well as Micah and her doctor would have hoped. There’s definitely a question of 'does he have perspective enough and detachment enough to properly care for this woman?'" Michael said. "There’s some news that he has to give her in this episode. He’s trying to put a good spin on some bad news. In other cases he might just tell the patient and be honest and direct with them, but his choice is colored by his experience with his mother so he chooses to spin it all in a good way. Consequently, she really has no idea what’s going on and that’s not fair for her. It really kind of builds to a head and Emily gets stuck in the middle and wings up having to do Micah’s job for him. [Micah’s mother] corners her and asks 'Emily, what’s going on?' It’s definitely a difficult situation for everyone involved."

Emily's Birthday. Emily will be celebrating her birthday in upcoming December 4th episode with a party at her apartment that will definitely include Micah. In fact, Michael hinted that this party will be a big moment for the pair: "He does go to the party. It’s a really great episode. The birthday is kind of significant moment for him in terms of his hopes with her and what could possibly be a relationship between them. It sort of forces his hand in a certain way that I’m not going to tell you fully."

http://www.tvovermind.com/emily-owens-m ... s-episode/

- 'Emily Owens M.D.': Michael Rady sobre la madre de Micah, sangre y vísceras, y el estar en la zona de amigos (zap2it):
'Emily Owens M.D.': Michael Rady sobre la madre de Micah, sangre y vísceras, y el estar en la zona de amigos
Por Carina Adly MacKenzie 20 Noviembre, 2012 7:43 PM ET

"Emily Owens, M.D." is considerably more lighthearted than most medical dramas we've seen on television. Mamie Gummer's titular character is as bubbly as she is awkward and as hopeful as she is quirky, which makes for a hefty dose of comedy. Still, the show does take place in a hospital, and things can't be happy-go-lucky all the time. In this week's episode, Micah (Michael Rady), who is quickly becoming one of Emily's closest friends, entrusts her with the care of his mother, who is suffering from terminal pancreatic cancer. It's a sobering reminder that despite all the laughing (and cringing), there are high stakes involved in this show.

We visited with Rady on set to talk to him about what's to come for Micah and his mom -- as well as the burgeoning love triangle between Micah, Emily, and Will (Justin Hartley) and the squeamishness that makes some of his surgical scenes more difficult than you'd imagine.

Zap2it: I just watched you rattle off a bunch of very confusing medical jargon on set. Do you have to Google every other word in your script?
Rady: Wikipedia saves my life. We get pronunciation guides for each episode, which is awfully helpful, but I also like to know what the hell is a thoracotomy or whatever. I like to kind of know what I'm talking about. It helps to remember it if there's an image or some kind of knowledge behind it. When you get the note 'Say it faster!' for that kind of stuff you pretty much want to die.

The show leans toward the comedy, but we learned in the pilot that Micah's mom has terminal pancreatic cancer. That's not a funny diagnosis.
Not one of the better ones. It's a sad, fast, wicked disease. Jennie [Snyder], our creator, plays up the humor. She walks the line between the comedy and the pathos. You get touches of the heavy sad stuff certainly with that storyline, but it blends really well into the funny, quirky comedy right afterward.

What can you tell me about how that storyline progresses? Micah and his mom seem close.
It's a very strong relationship. You get the sense that they sort of count on each other. There's some really touching stuff coming. Ultimately, my mom wants to know how her cancer is responding to the chemotherapy, and I don't want to tell her too much, because I don't want her to freak out. She's like 'Maybe we shouldn't be doing anything if it's not progressing,' and I don't even want to go to that place, so I don't tell her anything. She finds out from Emily, and I get mad at Emily for telling her. In there, there are some great charming, sweet, endearing moments. It's a fantastic episode.

So much of the show is from Emily's perspective. If we could hear Micah's inner monologue the way we hear hers, what do you think he'd be thinking about all day?
I think nowhere near as interesting. To know Jennie is to know why Emily Owens exists. She's the goofiest, silliest person, with the most dynamite sense of humor. It seems like everything that happens to her is funny, because every story that she tells you is relayed in the funniest way. Her observations are just hilarious. You just think she has the funniest, most crazy, bizarre life in the entire world. She blows me away with her stories and her life experiences. Micah's would be laden with worry and hospital things. Nothing really interesting. I don't think he could pull a whole audience along with comedy. Not that he's a sad guy, but he's a little deeper into the world of health care and adulthood. He's a little more frustrated and cynical about things.

Where's the love triangle headed? Micah seems very intrigued by Emily.
I think he's immediately taken with her. She's a breath of fresh air. She's someone so interesting and funny and endearing and sweet. He just sees her heart; he sees that she's a really good person. She has a nice way with people. Maybe he sees a little bit of himself in her, her being a nervous intern like that.

She's got him in the friend-zone.
Oh, absolutely. Still, we're on episode 8 right now, and he's on the friend list. He is one hundred percent friend-listed.

I've heard that you're particularly squeamish. Eight episodes in, how are you handling the blood and guts?
I still hate literally handling it. When I watched the pilot I was like 'Oh, god! How do I work on this show?' It really grosses me out. It's so fake and rubbery but it looks really freaking gross. It's my sense of empathy that triggers it for me. I'm not like 'Oh, blood, gross.' I just imagine it. I think about the needle poking through the skin and going through whatever, the lining of the artery, and into a freakin' vein, so it's from the outside, going in -- oh, my god, even right now, I'm shuddering. Cracking ribs open? Oh my god. Oh god. Oh my god!

How do you even get through the scenes?
With the surgery masks on I just stand there saying 'Oh my god, this is horrific. This is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.' And then we go in and do ADR and it looks like I'm saying 'Okay, I'm going to crack the rib and go in over here, can we get the sutures and tie off that bleed' or whatever. But really I'm just like 'Oh my god. Oh, yuck. Oh no.' I was doing a liver surgery and I lifted the liver out and I look down into the cavity, and I thought they would just put stuffing in there or whatever, but there's all this stuff -- so I just started saying 'Oh my god! That's a heart! That's a heart!' I had a surgical mask on, so it's going to look good. Don't worry.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... -zone.html

- Emily Owens MD: Primicia sobre cásting en el episodio 1x12:
La madre de Micah sufre un cáncer pancreático terminal... y no se lo han dicho a su hermana pequeña. En el episodio 1x12, nos encontraremos con Lauren, su hermana de 24 años que ha tenido serios problemas de rebeldía pero que se ha reformado y ha vuelto a la universidad. No hace falta decir que cuando Lauren descubre lo lejos que ha llegado el tema del cáncer de Joyce sin que nadie le haya dicho que su madre está enferma, no estará contenta... y cuando Joyce se niega a someterse a un nuevo tratamiento experimental, Lauren hará algo drástico para darle a Joyce una razón para luchar.

http://tvfilmnews.com/emily-owens-md-1x ... ing-scoop/

- Emily Owens M.D. 1x06 Promo "Emily and... The Question of Faith" (HD):

- Imagen BTS:

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Emily Owens, M.D. : Emily and... The Question of Faith Actor's Preview:

- Nueva BTS de Emily Owens MD (26-11-12):

Imagen

(thanks to @HartleyJustin).

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Confirmación oficial: La CW cancela "Emily Owens MD":
The CW no seguirá con el nuevo drama médico "Emily Owens, MD".

La cadena ha optado por no aladir episodios adicionales a la serie protagonizada por Mamie Gummer, que terminará la producción de sus 13 capítulos originales la próxima semana.

La CW planea emitir todos los episodios producidos.

Es su último episodio, Emily Owens obtuvo 1 millón de espectadores y un 0.3/1 en adultos 18-49, bajando un diez por ciento desde la anterior semana. Emily Owens seguía a la serie de bajos rátings "Hart Of Dixie", lo que contribuyó al ránking de la serie como la de más bajos rátings de entre las nuevas series.

http://tvline.com/2012/11/28/emily-owens-md-cancelled/
http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/cws-emi ... -episodes/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 1.06 "Emily...and the question of Faith". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Emily Owens, M.D. : "Emily and... The Good and the Bad" Preview:

- Nueva imagen BTS (29-11-12):

Imagen

(Thanks to @HartleyJustin).

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- EMILY OWENS, MD: Mamie Gummer Teases 'Emily and... the Good and the bad':

- EMILY OWENS, MD: Michael Rady Teases 'Emily and... the Good and the bad':

- Justin Hartley y la directora Jann Turner en su último día de grabación (04-12-12):

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Emily Owens M.D. 1x08 Promo (HD):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 1.07 "Emily...and the god and the bad". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills 1.08 "Emily... and the the Car and The Cards":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Stills 1.09 "Emily... and the Love of Larping":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Stills 1.10 "Emily... and the Social Experiment":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- BTS 1.10 "Emily... and the Social Experiment":

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del Episodio 1.08 "Emily and… the Car and the Cards" que se emitirá el 1 de Enero del 2013:

1.08 "Emily and… the Car and the Cards": LAS COSAS NO SON SIEMPRE COMO PARECEN — Cuando una mujer víctima de un accidente de coche es llevada a Urgencias todo el mundo inmediatamente acusa a su novio de causar el accidente, provocándole dolorosos recuerdos a Will (Justin Hartley). Emily (Mamie Gummer) descubre que su paciente de cáncer rehúsa el someterse a cirugía, temiendo que la cirugía reconstructiva sea el fin de su carrera y de su relación. Mientras tanto, Will es forzado a tomar la difícil decisión de usar el método de estudio de su novia Cassandra (Aja Naomi King) sobre las legendarias tarjetas de Emily para su próximo exámen, haciendo a Emily ultra competitiva. Michael Rady, Necar Zadegan y Kelly McCreary también aparecen. Stuart Gillard dirige el episodio escrito por Mo Masi y Jennie Snyder Urman (#107).

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/12/emily- ... d-car.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Emily Owens, M.D. : Emily and... The Car and The Cards Producer's Preview:

- Emily Owens, M.D. : Emily and... The Good And The Bad Actor's Preview:

- Descripción oficial del episodio 1.10 "Emily and. . .the Social Experiment":
1.10 "Emily and. . .the Social Experiment": PREDICIENDO EL FUTURO — Tras una larga ausencia, el Dr. A.J. Aquino (la estrella invitada J.R. Ramirez, “House of Payne”) regresa al Denver Memorial, pero antes de que pueda reunirse con la plantilla, el Jefe insiste en que haga las paces con la Dra. Bandari (Necar Zadegan). Emily (Mamie Gummer) es encargada de tratar a una paciente que clama ser una psíquica, y está convencida de que sus cartas del tarot predicen su propia e inminente muerte. En otro lugar, Cassandra (Aja Naomi King) y la Dra. Bandari tratan a un paciente que necesita un transplante de pulmón, pero el descubrimiento de Micah (Michael Rady) de un nuevo problema médico deja al paciente con una difícil decisión. Mientras tanto, Emily decide poner a prueba su teoría de que Will (Justin Hartley) estaba celoso de su reciente cita, así es que Tyra (Kelly McCreary) se ofrece a enseñarle a Emily cómo flirtear. D.B. Woodside aparece como estrella invitada. Bharat Nalluri dirige el episodio escrito por John C. Kelley (#109).

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/12/emily- ... y-and.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Emily Owens M.D. 1x09 Promo "Emily and... the Love of Larping"

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 1.08 "Emily... and the car and the cards". Podéis encontarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Oliver Queen (Justin Hartley)”