Noticias sobre Sam Witwer

¿Chico malo o bueno?

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, porre, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: Noticias sobre Sam Witwer

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Los Vampiros Tienen Toda La Diversión: Una entrevista con Sam Witwer (poptimal.com):
Los Vampiros Tienen Toda La Diversión: Una entrevista con Sam Witwer
Por Josh Hatala 20 de enero, 2012

When I spoke with the star of Syfy’s Being Human last year, Sam Witwer was ready to face some tough critics. He and the rest of the remake’s terrific trio were about launch a series that already had a small but rabid fanbase making their opinions known. “The first season was a lot of pressure,” he admitted. But with a successful first run under his belt, Witwer is excited for fans to sink their teeth into season two. During our phone call we chatted about his lucky break with Frank Darabont, geeked out over Star Wars, and teased a little of what’s ahead for vampire Aidan this year.

Sam Witwer is one of those performers who actually meant to get into acting, he just didn’t think it would be practical. “Instead, I decided to be a rock star,” he said of his youthful ambition, “and that was equally unrealistic.” While he did succeed in forming a band, who eventually released a CD in 2006, his parents weren’t sold on the idea of a music career. But oddly, they pushed him to audition for Julliard. “I didn’t really understand why, or what I was doing, then I got in.”

Since then, Witwer’s become something of a staple in genre entertainment, highlighted with roles on Dexter, Smallville and Battlestar Galactica. It’s something to which he credits his own fandom of the material, more so than a conscious career choice. “I remember someone said for Battlestar, one of the reasons everything went well with my audition was I pronounced everything right. I knew how to pronounce ‘Caprica.’”

That’s something that makes Witwer kind of a Hollywood conundrum. He’s got the chiseled features any model would envy, a soulful screen presence fit for all forms of drama, all wrapped around a giant nerd core. “Dude, I’m a huge Star Wars fan,” he said when I asked him about his work as Darth Vader’s secret Sith apprentice on the video game series The Force Unleashed and voice work on the film franchise’s animated spin-off The Clone Wars. “Huge. I grew up with those movies, it’s kind of in my DNA.”

His career gained more notoriety when he scored a role in Frank Darabont’s adaptation of the Stephen King novella The Mist. “I’m a very, very lucky person,” he said, as he started into a story about a woman dropping her groceries all over the street, and he being the only person who offered to help. When he made sure she got back to her office okay, the woman asked if he was an actor, and if he’d be willing to tape a quick audition. Given three scenes and fifteen minutes to prepare, he went through with it. It was later when his agent told him what he read for, and that Darabont just happened to see Battlestar Galactica for the first time a few weeks prior.

Switching gears to the new season of Being Human, Witwer is proud of the work he and colleagues Sam Huntington and Meaghan Rath have put on screen. Last July, the crew received a warm reception from fans at San Diego Comic Con. “It was really great to look the fans of the show in the eye and thank them for watching.” Even though we’re only one episode in, I had to pry about season two. Witwer confirmed plans are in place (“I’ve heard some interesting ideas”), but was tight-lipped about any specifics.

Where Witwer did share the details is what’s in store for his character in the coming weeks. Last season saw Aidan struggling between his old life with the vampire family of Boston, and his new life in the apartment with werewolf Josh and ghost Sally. With former big bad Bishop out of the way, things still aren’t getting any easier for Aidan. His vampire nature, treated like a drug addiction on the show, causes him to shun other vampires in an effort to stay clean. “This season, he doesn’t have that option,” Witwer said about his character’s efforts. “There’s a little bit of backsliding this season, unfortunately.”

He promises some character traits of the old Aidan will start to surface sooner rather than later. “We heard a lot in the first season that this guy was scary, and he was ruthless, and everyone was afraid of him. This season we get to see that. We get to see why people were afraid of him. We get to see that dark guy people talked about.”

Witwer also promised viewers will learn more about vampire society, which was touched on last year with the introduction of the Dutch, and in the premiere last week with the mysterious Mother coming to town. “These guys all have to hide, it’s not a very glamorous lifestyle,” he said, adding that things weren’t always so clandestine. “Back in the 30s, we get to see what events caused the vampires to all hide in the shadows. We get to see what part Aidan played in that story.”

I asked about the curious eating habits of vampires, most obvious being that many of them end up with kool aid mouth after each feeding. Witwer laughed, “It’s hilarious that you say that. Yeah, you’re absolutely right.” Seriously, it seems like unless Aidan’s drinking directly from his coffee mug, it ends up running down his chest. We agreed, in his more ravenous moments, it is completely character appropriate. “A blood orgy,” he called it. “That makes sense.”

Before I let him go, I had to ask Witwer how he pitches the show—a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost live together and try to teach each other how to be human—to other people he talks to. The concept’s kind of a hard sell to the casual TV viewer. He asked me what I do. I told him my strategy: give it one episode and if you aren’t interested in going further, I won’t bring it up again. “I think that’s the best pitch you can give,” he said. “You’re doing the same thing I would do with Battlestar. Here’s season one, you don’t have to watch the whole thing. Just watch 30 minutes and it’s all here in case you get intrigued.”

It seems like he’s doing a good job based on some of the people he’s gotten hooked recently. “I don’t know if he’ll watch it, but he said he wanted to based on the pitch,” Witwer teased. “I pitched J.J. Abrams on the show. He started laughing and I said yeah, it’s crazy. He said no, I really want to watch that, it sounds like a show I want to watch.” Mr. Abrams, I think I know where you can get a copy.

http://poptimal.com/2012/01/vampires-ha ... am-witwer/?

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ¡Sam Witwer se une a twitter!:
Sí, amigos. El actor conocido por todos por interpretar la versión de SV del villano Doomsday y al que también conocen todos los fanáticos de la saga Star Wars y de la serie "Being Human" se ha unido oficialmente a twitter, como así ha sido confirmado ya por distintos medios.

Si queréis enviarle algún mensaje o probar suerte haciéndole aquello que siempre quisísteis saber sobre alguno de sus trabajos, podéis hacerlo en esta cuenta:

https://twitter.com/#!/SamWitwer

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Próximas apariciones públicas de Sam Witwer:
Según se ha anunciado, Sam Witwer continuará realizando apariciones públicas en distintas convenciones el próximo año.

Hasta el momento, la asistencia del actor ha sido confirmada en la "SciFi Expo" que se celenbrará en Texas los días 9-10 de Febrero del 2013 y en la "Phoenix Comic Con" que se celebrará durante los días 23-26 de Mayo del 2013.

Witwer es recordado por su papel del paramédico Davis Bloome/Doomsday durante la temporada 8 de Smallville y también por su actual papel como el vampiro Aidan Waite en la serie del Syfy Channel, "Being Human."

Además de sus papeles como actor, Witwer también le ha dado voz al aprendiz secreto de Darth Vader, Galen Marek (codename Starkiller) en el videojuego de gran éxito "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed". También hizo una aparición em la serie animada de "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" dándole voz a "the Son" en la trilogía de la tercera temporada "Mortis", y como el icónico Sith Lord, Darth Maul en el final de la Season 4 en los episodios "Brothers" y "Revenge".

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- El creador de "El Cuervo" quiere que Sam Witwer sea el protagonista de la nueva película:
B9nFXfeIMAEXRxC.jpg large.jpg

Sam Witwer no es un actor extraño al género, habiendo interpretado distintos papeles en "Dexter," "Smallville" y "Being Human", entre otros.

En la Wizard World Madison Comic Con de este fin de semana, el creador de "El Cuervo" James O'Barr estuvo hablando sobre la larga gestación del nuevo reboot sobre la propiedad, incluyendo los problemas a los que se enfrenta el reboot y que le gustaría que Sam Witwer hiciera el papel principal.

O'Barr, quien ha tomado parte activa de las modificaciones del guión además de servir como consultor creativo, tiene puesto su corazón en que Witwer sea el que de vida a 'Eric Draven'. También reveló que ha estado en contacto con el actor sobre el papel, aunque aún no ha salido nada oficial de ello.

Aunque O'Barr cree que Witwer tiene la presencia y el talento para interpretar al icónico personaje, aún necesita que el director de cásting Corin Hardy de el visto bueno. Cuando O'Barr le habló a Witwer sobre ello, Witwer respondió que "cortaría el césped del creador por el resto de su vida por la oportunidad."

Ademas de sus objetivos de cásting, O'Barr habló de otros problemas a los que se enfrenta la película, citando el tema económico como una de las principales razones de que el proyecto aún no haya despegado.

Además, el antiguo director F. Javier Gutierrez y el actor Luke Evans (quien originalmente iba a ser el protagonista) han abandonado la franquicia recientemente.

Podéis encontrar el panel completo de la convención:

http://www.blastr.com/2015-2-9/sam-witw ... get-issues

Imagen Imagen

Akkane
Metrópolis
Metrópolis

Mensaje por Akkane »

Ojalá se le dé la película!
Me gusta mucho toda la trama de El cuervo y verlo a él en el papel protagónico... dios! más vale que vaya sola al cine jajajaja

Sin firma.

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

¡Hey manitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! ¿Pues vente para acá, y vamos a verla juntas! :wink: :smt058 :smt058 :smt058 :smt058 :smt058

Imagen Imagen

Akkane
Metrópolis
Metrópolis

Mensaje por Akkane »

Eyy!! Estabas por acá jajajajaja
Extrañaba mucho y me dí una vueltecita :smt058

Sin firma.

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

¡Y yo encantada de que lo hagas! Cuando quieras y tengas un ratito, no tienes más que avisarme :wink:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Sam Witwer, personaje recurrente en "Once Upon a Time":
Cdne3qpUUAAL4zi.jpg large.jpg
"Once Upon a Time" de ABC se ha hecho con el antiguo villano de "Smallville" Sam Witwer para que aparezca en la serie e un papel recurrente junto al alumno de "Popular", Hank Harris.

Witwer interpretará a 'Jacob', el malvado y autoritario alcaide de una institución mental, mientras que Harris será recurrente como 'Nathaniel', uno de los pacientes a los que disfruta atormentar.

Ambos personajes se espera que aparezcan al final de la temporada, yque hablen sobre la recientemente ordenada S6.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/once-upon-a ... 201720819/
http://tvline.com/2016/03/15/once-upon- ... al-warden/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Sam Witwer se como recurrente une al elenco de la S4 de "Riverdale":
El alumno de "Smallville" y "Supergirl" Sam Witwer ise ha unido al elenco del drama de la CW "Riverdale" en la nueva Season 4 de la serie como un nuevo maestro del instituto del pueblo.

Witwer interpretará a 'Mr. Chipping', un académico en una rica escuela secundaria privada a la que Jughead asiste con una beca la próxima temporada. “Guapo, estudioso y guay, Mr. Chipping enseña escritura creativa en una prestigiosa escuela de secundaria privada cerca de Riverdale. Él recluta a Jughead para su seminario, y aunque él es eminentemente inspirador para sus estudiantes, hay una oscuridad oculta bajo la superficie.” We’ll get our first look at Witwer as Mr.

El personaje será recurrente y parte de un subplot que involucra a a esta prestigiosa escuela a la que Cole Sprouse se refiere como "la pesadilla de la existencia de Jughead".

"Jughead es llevado con una beca a una escuela de secundaria pretenciosa y de cucharilla de plata muy al estilo de la de Upper East Side de Gossip Girl y va a ser la sangre nueva," dijo Sprouse durante el SDCC. "Pero sí, creo que es divertido. Y la escuela sirve algo asi como -- asumo, aunque quizá tan sólo esté hablando fuera de tiempo aquí -- pero sirve como base para el flash-forward."

Además de "Supergirl" y "Smallville", el actor ha aparecido en "Battlestar Galactica", "Once Upon a Time" o "Being Human".

La Season 4 de Riverdale se estrenará el Miércoles, 09 de Oct. 9 a las 8/7c.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/07/ ... upergirl-/
https://tvline.com/2019/07/30/riverdale ... -chipping/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Episode 154 - 8x02 Plastique (with Sam Witwer) | "Always Hold On To Smallville" Podcast:

https://www.spreaker.com/user/16451945/ ... -plastique

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Davis-Doomsday (Sam Witwer)”