Re: "Nuevo proyecto para la CW sobre 'IZOMBIE'"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- iZombie 1.02 "Brother, Can You Spare a Brain?" Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igYy2KPHxF8

- iZombie 1.02 "Brother, Can You Spare a Brain?" Extended Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXQuYktA7ag

Añadidos los rátings del 1.01 "Pilot". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 1.04 “Liv And Let Clive”:
1.04 “Liv And Let Clive” (07/04/15): LAS COSAS EMPIEZAN A PONERSE PERSONALES — Cuando Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) identifia un John Doe en la morgue como uno de sus antiguos contactos criminales de sus días de antivicio, Liv (Rose McIver) se sorprende de que Clive rechace tan rápido el ayudarla a resolver el asesinato. Liv y Ravi (Rahul Kohli) investigan por su cuenta lo que los coloca en una precaria situación. Los problemas de Liv continúan amontonándose cuando Major (Robert Buckley) empieza a buscar un compañero de piso y ella cree que él está coniderando a una guapa compañera. David Anders también aparece. John Kretchmer dirige el episodio escrito por Kit Boss (#104).

http://www.ksitetv.com/izombie/izombie- ... live/61039

- Imágenes del elenco en los "SXSW2015" (16-03-15):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- iZombie "Interview: Zombie Friend or Foe?":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbVldvYcfE4

- iZombie! The cast talks about the new show! (TVGuideMagazine):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPh3BsBT674

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- iZombie 1.02 "Brother, Can You Spare a Brain?" Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Yu1rTVoMs

- iZombie 1.02 "Brother, Can You Spare a Brain?" Clip #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qajSxUJVPrQ

- iZombie 1.02 "Brother, Can You Spare a Brain?" Clip #3:

http://bcove.me/j8j9z802

- Nuevo póster promocional del 1.02 "Brother, Can You Spare a Brain?":

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- iZombie "Interview: Sexy Brains":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDf23puBVM

- iZombie 1.2 "Brother Can You Spare a Brain?" Producer´s Preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWrNTK-VEJw

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Rose McIver sobre el comer cerebros y las muchas habilidades de su personaje - Incluyendo el juego (ign):
Rose McIver sobre el comer cerebros y las muchas habilidades de su personaje - Incluyendo el juego
Por Eric Goldman 23 Marzo, 2015

iZombie debuted on the CW last week, introducing viewers to Liv, played by Rose McIver (Power Rangers RPM, Masters of Sex, Once Upon a Time) - a functioning member of the undead with some interesting talents (beyond the obvious), which include temporarily gaining the memories and skills of those whose brains she devours.

While iZombie was still in production on its first season (it’s since wrapped), I sat down with McIver to discuss her character, her abilities, her allies and more about the world of iZombie – including how her gamer costars Robert Buckley and Rahul Kohli became a big asset to her for one upcoming episode.

IGN: When you got this role, how much did you realize they’d be throwing at you every week, as Liv gains these different skills?

McIver: Not as much as I’ve been doing! What was appealing was I’d done so much drama lately, it was fun to see something that had a lot of comedy in it. She’s very droll, and there was sarcasm about her that I really liked. I knew it would be different than what I played but I thought that occasionally there’d be hints that we’d see but the fact that every week there’s been a totally new set of behaviors has been really -- I probably would have been quite intimidated. It’s been lucky that I didn’t know because I’ve just been doing it. You can’t complain or compare or anything you just do it. Hopefully, it all translates as well as it feels. I didn’t realize I’d been wearing as many hats as I have. It’s been a pleasure.

IGN: Has there been something that gave you the biggest "Oh my god, I have to do this this week?”

McIver: You know what? Someone asked me that earlier and I didn’t know - but I just realized! The intimidating one is in one episode, I know a lot about gaming. In my own life, I played Crash Bandicoot non-stop until my thumbs got blisters. Other than that, I didn’t really know a lot about the gaming world but working with Rahul [Kohli] and [Robert] Buckley, just the criticism, I’ve never felt so monitored on set. Like when I was talking about things and playing I was like “They know I’m faking it!” But hopefully their professional understanding of it all was very helpful. They told me what did and didn’t work and where you would be looking on the screen at that time. It was quite fun.

IGN: So for that episode they got to also function as on-set advisors?

McIver: Yeah, they were my consultants. My gaming consultants and they did a lot of research in their own time, which is gaming, gaming, gaming.

IGN: How much does Liv come to terms with what’s happening here?

McIver: I would say it’s not acceptance but self-awareness, definitely, and an ability to know where she’s at and what she can and can’t do that is very appealing to me and people in general. She’s not self-indulgent and wallowing anymore. She’s initially in a very dark place about her situation and through her relationship with Ravi and various revelations in the first few episodes, she starts to see that there could be a positive side. So while she doesn’t want to be a zombie, by any stretch, she does acknowledge the good things about it and where she can and can’t go.

IGN: With her relationships, she’s, for obvious reasons, pushed everyone back. As the show begins, as we move forward with Ravi and Babinaux, how much – well, Ravi obviously knows more—but how much is she letting them in? Has she still got her guard up with these people?

McIver: Ravi becomes her real confidant and partner in it all and emotional support in many ways and her champion. It feels like she’s boxing and he’s in her corner. Her relationship with Babinaux is very different because while she has this big secret from him, they grow very close and they work together a lot and she really respects him and he respects her. It’s an interesting one. But yeah, I think she starts to realize that even though there’s this big secret that she has from Babinaux, for example, she can be close to him and can really rely on him in other ways. It becomes interesting. It’s a good point of conflict for the show that there is this trust missing. He doesn’t know the truth. That makes her feel guilty. I think it makes her feel guilty in lots of respects, but she’s doing the best that she can to be a good zombie. [Laughs]

IGN: What were your discussions like with your executive producers, Rob [Thomas] and Diane [Ruggiero], about tone, because there is a great sense of humor to this show but you also want the emotional moments to land. Are there certain scenes where you start to lean one way and then maybe realize you should go back the other?

McIver: Definitely. I mean it’s riding the line a lot. It’s scary. I was quite blind for the first couple of episodes, particularly the pilot, where we were still really starting to find the show. But in episodes two and three we started to work out what the show is week to week and how much we indulge the humor and how much we indulge the drama. But I think for me, the big thing was just to be truthful. As surreal as the concept is, Liv is a very truthful character and I think everyone that she engages with, she’s doing so very genuinely. There is humor in the darkest of moments - People who I have loved and passed away, and very high stake situations where you can’t help but laugh. I think that’s very human. It’s been interesting working with a morgue technician. We have a consultant who we work with who talks about the humor they find in their job every day and you have to, otherwise you don’t do that and you can’t keep going. For me, it’s about being as honest to that as possible. I think it’s very representational of real life that there are these very dramatic things happening and there’s still a really sense of humor about it all and a rye tone that can come. Each director that we work with and our executive producers have just been incredible in making sure that they’re protecting us, tonally, as much as possible. For me it’s just about investing in it all and investing in the humor as much as I invest the drama.

IGN: I’ve had several joking conversations with people about iZombie that have been a variation of, “It’s a CW show! They can’t have her not be able to have romance at all!”

McIver: And they surround me with the four most handsome men on television.

IGN: And we have heard that there is a zombie suitor down the line.

McIver: There’s a zombie suitor. A zombie gentleman caller. That’s a very exciting prospect for Liv. Again, it would have been great if Blaine had been a nice guy, but he’s not. There’s somebody she meets and respects and they have a really interesting journey together and the conflict that she has to struggle with with Major and her residual feelings for him and their predicament. They are two of those individual relationships that coexist – Well, not at the same time. There’s nothing happening at the same time. But it’s very hard to let go of somebody ,so her juggling those feelings is an interesting part of the show, I think. It’s nice for her to potentially find love again.

IGN: I was talking to Rob earlier about how iZombie is a title that is going to be polarizing for some people. For you guys, whether it be Buffy or Pushing Daisies, are there shows you’ve talked about that you hope people see in the same vein with iZombie?

McIver: You mean things we would like comparison to? Buffy, Veronica Mars. I think those are the two I’ve thought about the most. Actually Angel, the character, within Buffy and being an ethical monster of sorts - I like that. I’ve definitely drawn upon that. People have talked about Orphan Black with the multiple hats and aliases. There’s all sorts of shows that hopefully we do have… I like the idea of, not comparisons but using similar ideas and playing with similar themes in some of the shows but the reason I’m not intimidated or threatened by that is we’re just so different from anything I’ve seen before. We have pieces of these things but it’s not Veronica Mars, it’s not Buffy, it’s not Orphan Black. It’s our own thing and that gives me a lot of confidence. I think that’s because of our writers and because of the source material that we came from. The comic is a really brilliant, funny, concept. It’s very dramatic but she’s a zombie and she’s trying to function as a human. That’s going to be funny. It’s going to be interesting. I’m just excited and any comparison I think those are great shows and what nice honor to be even considered in that realm.

IGN: I’m a big horror and gore fan myself and when I visited your set, we got to reach our hands into a bloody prop of a corpse. Your character of course have all these scenes where she’s chopping up the brains and what not. For you are those the days you’re like, “Ugh, okay!” or is it fun?

McIver: Every time the special effects people come in with a different corpse that they’ve made, those are really amazing. We just pinch ourselves. It’s surreal pulling back a sheet and there’s a human body that looks just like a human body and you can see what it would look like with a human body open. It’s quite confronting and fascinating to me. The brain eating is the part that the gore novelty has worn off. I would rather just have a sandwich at this point. But I’m very intrigued by the way we do them each time. They’ve made it fresh and original, every episode I consume them in a different way. I just had a brain shake last week, which was like the gelatin stuff with chocolate milk and corn syrup. It’s funny. That keeps it funny and interesting. We’ve got a great set decorating team and props and special effects.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/23/ ... ing-gaming

- Rose McIver habla sobre Liv Moore, y sus momentos favoritos de la Season 1 (collider):
Rose McIver habla sobre Liv Moore, y sus momentos favoritos de la Season 1
Por Christina Radish 26 Marzo, 2015

Based on the comic book of the same name, the quirky and deliciously fun new CW series iZombie follows Olivia “Liv” Moore (Rose McIver), as she navigates her life as a newly turned zombie. Being one of the newly undead, Liv has taken a job in the Seattle coroner’s office to satiate her urge to devour fresh human brains, but when she does so, she experiences visions from the point of view of the person she consumes and decides to use her new ability to help investigate and solve crimes.

During this exclusive interview with Collider, actress Rose McIver talked about her desire to sign on for this zombie procedural, wanting to do something with some comedy in it, how lucky Liv is to have someone to confide in about her newly undead status, how risky it is for Liv to take on the emotions and mannerisms of the people whose brains she eats, how challenging it is to always be having to eat on the show, her favorite case so far, and how difficult it’s going to get for Liv to keep what’s happened to her a secret.

Collider: Had you been looking to do a TV show, or was this just too much fun to pass up?

ROSE McIVER: Really, I’m never much of a goal-setter. Whenever I’ve tried to make big, solid plans, they don’t happen. I’m more into whatever the circumstances are that present themselves, making wise decisions around that. So, when this show came up, it was a very busy pilot season and there were a couple of things I was interested in, but there’s a lot of stuff that you’ve seen before. For me, when I read this, I had not seen or read anything like this before. It’s a zombie procedural with a bit of everything. I really was craving doing something with some comedy in it. I’ve done a lot of drama, and as a lifestyle, going to work and laughing every day is just great. It’s great for your mental health, and it’s great for setting up a nice year. It has delivered on that, and more. Going to work, every day, with the cast that we have and the crew that we work with is just a pleasure. We’re like, “The material that we’re working with is good. I like the people that I’m working with. This can’t go a second season. It’s too lucky. Something has gotta go. Life doesn’t give you that.” It just seemed like the right decision, at the time, and so far, it’s been a really wonderful ride.

Did you take to the comedy pretty easily, or have you had to take some time to figure that out?

McIVER: It’s a very specific tone that we have, and it took a couple of episodes to figure out exactly how we were going to play that. But I trust that our showrunner and our executives all had such a strong sense of the vision they wanted, and there’s so much trust that they placed in us. For me, it’s just about playing the integrity of the whole thing. That’s what’s funny. There is humor, every day, in the bleakest of circumstances. It’s not about playing it for laughs. It’s about having to find the humor, in order to survive. She has to find the humor, in order to be able to be a zombie, and have lost her love, and not know what she’s doing with her life. Of course, there’s humor. Either that, or it’s never going to be a TV show. For me, that just made sense. That’s how I like to conduct my life, anyway, so the humor came quite naturally.

What does it mean to Liv that she has someone to confide in about all of this, with her boss, Dr. Ravi Chakrabarti?

McIVER: It’s just the right person at the right time, and god Liv’s lucky. Imagine how miserable her life would be, if she didn’t have a confidante like that. The dynamic between Ravi and Liv is one of my favorites in the show. It’s a real partnership and understanding of each other. He’s very emotionally supportive of her, and he’s very enthusiastic about her finding a new sense of purpose and self. We all need those friends, whatever the loss or life change that you’ve experienced. You need somebody to say, “There’s a good thing happening right here. Look at it. What are you going to do about it?” He does that for her. He helps her see the brighter side of stuff.

Does she ever get concerned that maybe he sees her as a bit of a guinea pig?

McIVER: I’m sure, to an extent. She knows he’s a very caring person, and he has never done anything to exploit her. Out of her own insecurity, maybe she could feel that, but all of his behavior suggests that he really does believable that this is a fascinating thing that he can help her with. It should be a win-win situation for both of them.

Liv doesn’t just see what happened to people when she eats their brains, but she really takes on their mannerisms and feelings. How challenging does that get for her?

McIVER: That’s a huge risk. She has to eat a brain, in order to survive, and when she discovers that she is able to help solve crimes, there is a real obligation to eat certain people’s brains, in order to help solve the mystery. You have to hear me walking around supermarkets, talking after work. I must sound insane to people. “Oh, my god, the brain I ate today was exhausting!” People’s heads turn, constantly. But, she knows that it’s a risk and that it’s a burden that she has to carry. There’s that risk that maybe this person is going to make her a terrible person or she’ll do something that she’s going to regret. There’s also so much fun that she has with them. What I wanted to do, as a little girl, was live a million lives in one. That’s why I became an actor. And Liv gets to do that. She gets to experience things from different perspectives. It helps build her empathy and encourages her to see different perspectives on life. There are some really great things about it, as well. She just has to be careful about where and when she consumes brains and try to navigate through them as best she can.

How difficult is it to always have to be eating on the show? Is it hard to make eating brains look sexy?

McIVER: I think it’s hard to make eating look sexy, in general. I’ve never mastered that. So, eating brains is an added challenge. The props department has done a great job, in making it interesting and funny and aesthetically something that is cool to watch. I just try to buy into that, as much as possible, and forget that I’m chewing on Chinese gelatin.

Is there a case that you’ve enjoyed the most?

McIVER: In the second episode, where I eat the painter’s brain, and I’m this very passionate, sensual person, that was one of the most fun for me, in terms of it just being a huge departure from Liv, as we’ve known her so far. It set itself up for some very funny interactions, and it also affected her own life, in a way that was high-stakes and high-risk. I think that was one of the most effective brain-eating situations for me. I thought that was interesting and funny.

Liv has to disguise what’s really going on by pretending that she’s psychic. Will Detective Clive Babineaux begin to suspect that something else is going on there?

McIVER: Absolutely! To me, it’s great for the drama and the comedy. There have been so many times now when Clive has almost caught her eating a brain, or saying something about being a zombie. It really elevates that risk, but it can also be really, really funny. And Malcolm [Goodwin], who plays Clive, is just hilarious. They’re saying they want to stop giving him lines and just let him play the expressions because he is so funny. His face sometimes makes me laugh.

Will it get harder and harder for Liv to keep her lives separate?

McIVER: Yeah, it definitely gets more and more difficult. The more that other people start to suspect things, it feels like the walls are closing in on her, a little bit. That builds towards some big climactic moments, in the first season. Having Ravi be her partner in this disguise is very helpful to her. She can confide in him and he can help protect her secrets. That’s a saving grace.

http://collider.com/izombie-rose-mciver-interview/

- Nueva imagen bts de la S1 (23-03-15):

Imagen

(@RahulKohli13: #iZOMBIE episode 2 is only a day away folks, had a wonderful time working with the awesome @itisIjudyreyes!)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 1.03 "The Exterminator":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- iZombie 1.03 "The Exterminator" Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me1tdkyYR90

- iZombie 1.03 "The Exterminator" Extended Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90A2HTLEgeo

Añadidos los rátings del 1.2 "Brother Can You Spare a Brain?". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 1.05 “Flight Of The Living Dead”:
1.05 “Flight Of The Living Dead” (14/04/15): RYAN HANSEN (“VERONICA MARS”) ESTRELLA INVITADA EN EL EPISODIO — Liv (Rose McIver) reticentemente se come el cerebro de su recientemente asesinada hermana de fraternidad Holly (la estrella invitada Tasya Teles) para que la ayude a tener pistas sobre su asesinato. Este caso lleva a Liv y Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) al mundo de los deportes extremos de Holly donde conocen a un snowboardista profesional Carson McComb (la estrella invitada Ryan Hansen), un sospechoso de asesinato que parece estar escondiendo un secreto. Mientras tanto, Liv tiene una extraña conexión con otro de los otros sospechosos de asesinato y Major (Robert Buckley) le expresa su preocupación a Clive sobre la desaparición de un niño. Rahul Kohli y David Anders también aparecen. David Warren dirige el episodio escrito por Deirdre Mangan (#105).

http://www.ksitetv.com/izombie/izombie- ... dead/61503

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo póster promocional del 1.03 "The Exterminator":

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- iZombie 1.03 "The Exterminator" Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeXQ402vWNY

- iZombie 1.03 "The Exterminator" Clip #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMJVRDFQv54

- iZombie 1.03 "The Exterminator" Clip #3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjUzlcTTq9s

- iZombie 1.03 "The Exterminator" Producer´s preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPX7hq1JeI4

- Nueva tarjeta promocional:

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- En ‘iZombie,’ Rose McIver devora su papel más cerebral (nytimes):
En ‘iZombie,’ Rose McIver devora su papel más cerebral
Por KATHRYN SHATTUCKMARCH 27 Marzo, 2015

Rose McIver looks awfully alive for someone playing undead. In “iZombie,” her new CW series, she’s a vision of iron deficiency — ghostly pallor, under-eye circles the color of eggplant, brittle platinum bob — as Olivia Moore, a Type A medical student turned zombified coroner’s assistant with a taste for human brains. The twist? Those brains, fresh from the morgue’s cadavers, allow her to channel the memories of the deceased and feed crime information to the Seattle homicide division.

But at a recent interview in New York, Ms. McIver was aglow, her wide blue-gray eyes set off by a flannel coat designed by Juliette Hogan, a fellow New Zealander who has been dressing Ms. McIver since she was cast in her breakout feature-film role at 19 in Peter Jackson’s “The Lovely Bones.” Now 26, she has since appeared as a libidinous candy striper in Showtime’s “Masters of Sex” and a moody Tinker Bell in ABC’s “Once Upon a Time.” Critics have responded affectionately to Ms. McIver’s star turn as an all-too-human monster, with Neil Genzlinger of The New York Times calling “iZombie” “ridiculously likable.”

Ms. McIver infiltrated the New Zealand film industry at the age of 3 as an angel in Jane Campion’s “The Piano.” These days she embraces Los Angeles as home after a rocky start there when, at 17, she was parachuted from Auckland for a three-day Beverly Hills press junket for a Disney Channel movie and nearly had a breakdown.

Returning to California two years later with Mr. Jackson and his crew, “we all felt like we were on this adventure together,” Ms. McIver said. “It definitely gave me some insights into the culture and let me know that it didn’t have to consume me.” Here are excerpts from the conversation.

Q. Executive producers of your show worked on “Veronica Mars” and the WB, a predecessor to CW, was home to “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” Were you a fan of either?

A. A little of both, yeah. Like those shows, ours has this strong, interesting female lead that is refreshingly unlike other women I’d seen on television. I think that’s what attracted me to the role in the first place.

Liv’s complexion: Please share her beauty secrets.

It takes just as long to make no-makeup makeup look convincing, so it’s about an hour 45 every morning, then about 45 minutes to take it off at the end of the day. It’s airbrushed white pigment makeup and a wig, and when I go into full-on zombie mode, the eyes get more sunken and some blue veins come through the skin, and she rages out and makes some noises. A typical mid-20s girl. It worries me how naturally these growls come out of me.

I hear there are zombie rules.

It takes a brain being destroyed to kill a zombie. We need to eat brains in order to survive. And if we don’t, we go into full-on zombie mode. It’s almost like adrenaline. When a zombie is under threat or there are really high stakes involved, that’s when the more rabid zombie comes about.

What are those yummy brains made of?

We did this stuff that was like fondant icing in the pilot. But in the end the thing that looked most convincing and tasted bearable was coconut agar-agar, which is like gelatin. We drown it in corn syrup — this pink, sticky, bloodlike fluid — and it’s pretty disgusting, to be honest. I’m supposed to look like I’m savoring it.

So, do you actually swallow it?

Most of the time, I have a spit bucket. Each week I consume the brains in a different cuisine, like in chow mein noodles or a salad. In one episode, I make a milkshake — a brainshake — and we used chocolate milk and blended up the gelatin. And honestly, that was beyond repulsive, and I had to chug it. I must have drunk two liters of this chocolate-milk brain stuff. I probably should have thrown up, but we had so much to do.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/29/arts/ ... share&_r=0

- Shock Q&A: Rose McIver sobre iZombie (shocktillyoudrop):
Shock Q&A: Rose McIver sobre iZombie
Por Fred Topel 01-04-2015, 4:19 pm

In iZombie – now three episodes into its run on the CW – Rose McIver plays Liv, a zombie who works in the morgue so she can eat a fresh supply of brains, which keeps her from turning into a moaning, staggering monster. She also gets powers and memories from the brains she devours, which enables her to solve the mysteries they hold. McIver spoke to Shock about her zombie education for the show and some of the powers we’ll see her exhibit this season…

Shock Till You Drop: Would you have been game for a stricter adaptation of the comic book, as well as this version that’s more inspired by?

Rose McIver: I’ve worked on adaptations before of novels. It’s a different medium. It’s a different form. It’s not going to be exactly the same. I think there definitely is some great departure from the comic book, and I know that can be upsetting to fans but I think what we’ve tried to do is really the heart of Liv and the wry sarcastic sense of humor that she was written with. They did such a good job with it that I think for Rob [Thomas] it was easy to go, “Yeah, we’ll definitely use that and bring that to life.” And I think look-wise, we’ve tried to pay heed to the way that she was designed in the comics as well. I’ve got that short blonde wig and the whole look. It’s never going to be a direct replica, but I think that there are ways in which we’ve really honored it and I’m excited about sharing some of that.

Shock: How well do you know zombie movies and lore? The idea of eating brains fist happened in 1985’s Return of the Living Dead.

McIver: I had seen one zombie movie. I’d seen Shaun of the Dead. That was all I’d seen of zombies really. So it was a baptism by fire and I just stared watching. I watched Night of the Living Dead, I watched 28 Days Later. I tried to get a selection of the different tones in which zombies were explored and I really enjoy it. I think it’s fascinating. I love the really human elements of both of those films, when it’s a family member that’s at risk. That happens in both those films. To me, that became really loaded and grounded and human. I think we do that in this show as well, with a lot of humor and bizarre, surreal working in a morgue ethical behavior. I tried to catch up on it but I didn’t know a ton about it to begin with.

Shock: When you did go back and watch the Romero movies were you surprised?

McIver: I’ve probably seen clips before so I knew the Walking Dead idea of the groaning and the mannerisms and the physicality. So it wasn’t a shock to see that. It was just cool to start to put it in a context and understand how they first made those. Learning a little bit about the makeup and the effects that they did. It’s so hands on. It’s like independent cinema which I love. I worked with Peter Jackson and he did Brain Dead which I guess had a different name out here.

Shock: Dead Alive.

McIver: Yeah, right. I know that the way he works, like the hands on multi-department stuff, that’s been integral in a lot of zombie films. The special effects they create themselves, I love that way of working so I think when I watch things like Night of the Living Dead and read a little bit about how that was to film, it really appealed to me. I think we are very collaborative on our show as well. It’s not an independent film but definitely everybody’s voices are heard and everybody brings a different thing to the table and is appreciated for that. It feels kind of grass rootsy down home, and I like that.

Shock: Do you miss the oversoul and undersoul from the comic book?

McIver: Yes, and some of the were-terrier concepts. I think there’s so much going on in our show already, with the procedural element and the drama and the comedy and the zombies, that you have to draw a line somewhere about how much you incorporate into a show. But I think that’s a really cool part of the graphic novel and I enjoyed that.

Shock: There’s always season two.

McIver: Exactly, exactly. There’s always three, four, five and six, you know.

Shock: In episode three, you actually get to zombie out a little more in the pit with the other zombie. How did you decide how far that would go?

McIver: You know what’s been great? I think there’s a real release in fast turnaround television where you have to move quickly, because I could have thought about that for a long time and thought about the different ways of playing it, but I didn’t have long. I had two days working with the stunt team and I had to just think on my feet. I went with instincts. I know Rob so well. I know his tone, I know what he needed from it. I think just moving quickly and creating it and committing to it was what I did with that, and I think it works. I’m happy with how far to push it when I rage out.

Shock: Does that happen more often for Liv in the series?

McIver: It does. It happens when she hasn’t eaten or when she has a surge of adrenaline, so we see it a few times.

Shock: In episode four, when you say, “I know kung fu,” were you obviously paying homage to Keanu?

McIver: Yup, yup, absolutely. We had that quite a lot. There’s a couple of good references I don’t want to spoil that come up later in the season, but it’s funny. I know quite a few of them but Rob and Diane are pop culture geniuses and they know everything. Some of the references that they cite, I’ve had to look up or go to some of the other cast members and be like, “Why am I saying this line?” They say, “Oh, don’t you get you’re saying…?” There’s a reference to Soylent Green about “cerebellum sashimi is people.” I didn’t know what that was. So there’s a few things like that they’ve been really clever about putting them in and it keeps me sharp.

Shock: Keanu had months to learn kung fu for The Matrix. How long did you have?

McIver: I used to be a Power Ranger so luckily I had worked with martial arts a little bit before.

Shock: So it all came back to you?

McIver: Yeah, just sort of reawakening those old rusty muscles. We did a couple of days of stunts.

Shock: So what do the brains you have to eat on camera taste like?

McIver: It’s gelatin. It’s coconut agar and it’s fairly disgusting. We have a lot of spit bucket work. It would be fine if it were just that, but then they drown it in corn syrup and hot sauce and all sorts of different things for the look that just don’t go together. They just would never end up together in a meal, so it doesn’t taste delicious but I think the look is fantastic so I’ll bite the bullet, or bite the brain so to speak.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/37 ... r-izombie/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nueva imagen bts de la S1 (31-03-15):

Imagen

(@RahulKohli13: He's the Rajorneax picture for you all xox #iZOMBIE)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- iZombie 1.04 "Liv and Let Clive" Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHub4geT9Ts

Añadidos los rátings del 1.03 "The Exterminator". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- iZombie 1.04 "Liv and Let Clive" Stills:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo póster promocional del 1.04 "Liv and Let Clive":

Imagen

- 1.04 "Liv and Let Clive" Producer´s Preview":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msU5aptB6y4

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”