Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "Nuevo proyecto para la CW sobre 'IZOMBIE'"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- IZOMBIE Nuevo Key-art de la S2:

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- iZombie | S2 Trailer: "State of Dead":

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Primera still de la S2:

Imagen

- Nuevas imágenes promocionales de la S2:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Nuevas imágenes bts de la S2 (10-16 Sept 2015):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@malcolmjgoodwin: Hehe, @imrosemciver getting a well deserved snooze b4 filming. #izombie
@irosemciver: A peek inside Babineaux' top secret notebook.... scribbled rubbish. #iZombie
@imrosemciver: Nothing to see here. #iZombie)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- IZOMBIE Stills 2.01 "Grumpy old Liv":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Rose McIver habla sobre la Season 2, su fundamentalmente diabólico compañero y estar borracha de cerebros (comicbook):
Rose McIver habla sobre la Season 2, su fundamentalmente diabólico compañero y estar borracha de cerebros
Por Russ Burlingame 09 Septiembre 2015

Fans of iZombie have some of the biggest cliffhangers of any comic book show to bounce back from this season.

The series, which was written without a clear idea of whether it would even get a second season, ended with Liv's little brother clinging to life, many of her loved ones turned against her, and a villain still on the loose -- albeit without his special zombie powers.

Series star Rose McIver joined ComicBook.com for a quick chat about the forthcoming season during July's Comic-Con International: San Diego.

The first thing I'll ask is that you had a hell of a finale in terms of the status quo shaking up. It seems you'll now have to come out, so can you talk about what that means?

When we got the finale, I just remember all of us cast sitting around page-turning as quickly as possible and just in shock. When I finished, I just ran to the writers and said, "Okay, so what happens in Season Two?" And they were like, "Hang on, we haven't even been renewed yet," but I was like "Okay, but I need to know!"

We pick up a few months later and so decisions have been made. Lives have been lost or lived through, and so it's going to be...Liv's world have changed a lot. A lot of people who mattered to her in her life know, and whether they accept her or don't accept her is going to really shift a lot of the dynamics for Season Two.

There's a desire on the part of the audience to kill Blaine, I think, but how great is it that you're still going to have David Anders to play off of?

David Anders is the best villain ever. I start to worry about why he's cast, always, as a villain. I'm like, "Are you a fundamentally bad person, Anders?" And he says yes, so...

He's brilliant. He's one of my favorite actors that I've worked with. We have a lot of fun. He does something different each time, which is refreshing. It's like he brings an idea and then he plays, and he's got a kind of commitment and power in his delivery, that I'm very glad is playing our villain.

From a craft point of view, there are some core relationships that Liv has where the dynamic doesn't change a lot when your personalty shifts. How difficult is that, trying to portray Liv in a separate headspace but still kind of functioning as herself?

The good news is, I always look the same, so at least we have that. She doesn't change and morph into a different being.

I don't want to overthink it too much because I think the more you try to create a character, it becomes a diversion from what everybody's got on board with who's carrying us through the show. So I try to keep the essence of Liv there and almost like she's inebriated with this new brain, or she's on a trip of some sort. So it influences and it will come out in waves but it's fundamentally still Liv and she's still facing the same challenges.

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/13/izombie ... ally-evil/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Jefe de "iZombie" habla sobre el romance de Liv y Blaine (?!), los 'divertidos' efectos colaterales de la cura, las estrellas invitadas de Veronica Mars y más (TVLine):
Jefe de "iZombie" habla sobre el romance de Liv y Blaine (?!), los 'divertidos' efectos colaterales de la cura, las estrellas invitadas de Veronica Mars y más
Por Vlada Gelman / 15 Septiembre 2015, 2:39 PM PDT

iZombie is turning the tables on Liv & Co in Season 2.

The heroine is once again an outcast with her loved ones, Blaine’s a human and Major’s… well, we’re not sure what he’s up to after almost becoming a zombie, since executive producer Rob Thomas is keeping his arc under lock and key. But he sure isn’t keen on his ex-fiancée when the CW series returns on Oct. 6.

Those broken hearts won’t be lonely for long, however, as Liv and Major move on, Thomas previews below. Given the similarities to a certain couple on the EP’s cult fave Veronica Mars — and their new common foe, Max Rager — could Liv ever see Blaine as more than just a frenemy?

Speaking of Neptune, Thomas also reveals which Mars alum could have been a Season 2 player (hint: he’s recurring on another CW series) and which one he wants for a very different kind of role.

TVLINE | How different are the world and the characters, considering everything that happened at the end of the finale?
Well, there are no more scenes at Meat Cute. That has been blown up, and Blaine has a new business we will reveal in the first episode. Liv is, largely, on the outs with people close to her. Major has trouble grappling with what Liv chose not to tell him; Peyton is still gone; and things are understandably tense with any surviving family members she has from Season 1.

TVLINE | Is there any way she can justify not giving her dying brother her blood without exposing her secret to her family?
Any medical procedure would be tough for Liv. The second someone took her blood pressure or looked at her blood, it would probably result in her getting checked into the hospital. But yeah, certainly that would be a tough, tough thing to explain, and her mom is certainly looking for explanations as we start Season 2.

TVLINE | So where is Liv at emotionally and mentally? Is she in a dark place?
Yeah. She’s taken some comfort in work, but everything outside of work is sort of a nightmare for her as we start the season. There is not a lot going on for her as we pick up Season 2 beyond the job.

TVLINE | Last season, Major was all about taking down the zombies. Then he learned the truth. What is his mission now?
I love his Season 2 mission, but it is a big reveal in the first episode. It’s a fun reveal, and I can’t wait for people to see it. But he’s definitely got a big mission for Season 2.

TVLINE | What’s the interaction like between Major and Liv? Or are they totally avoiding each other?
Liv is not avoiding Major, but Major is avoiding Liv. In the first episode back, she’s trying to reach out to him, trying to get ahold of him because Clive continues to dig into the Meat Cute case. She is his alibi, and she needs desperately to talk to him, but Major is ducking her. So that’s what’s going on between the two of them when we first see them.

TVLINE | Will we see Major and Liv dating other people?
Yeah, we will. Those [love interests] are surprises.

TVLINE | Now that Liv has used up the cure on Major and Blaine, where does that leave Ravi?
Ravi’s holy grail in Season 2 is he can’t make any more of the cure until he gets his hands on some of this tainted Utopium stuff from the original boat party. He is on a quest to find that, and in the meantime, there will be side effects from the cure that will demand his attention.

TVLINE | Are there going to be any new creatures next season? Because the new Max Rager product could have really weird side effects…
I think we’re going to stay strictly zombie. There won’t be werewolves or vampires or anything like that. Like I say, we’re going to have a little bit of fun with the cure side effects, but no plans on having other creatures.

TVLINE | How’s Blaine feeling about being human again?
He’s loving the food. He enjoys gloating when he runs into Liv. There are some things that he misses, but he would absolutely vote for human if given the choice. And so, he’s pretty pleased with where he is as he starts the season.

TVLINE | Really? That’s interesting. I would have thought that he would be one of those types that wants to be all-powerful.
Well, he may not reveal to other people that he’s no longer a zombie. So he still has customers, and he’s not letting on that he’s now a human.

TVLINE | There are some fans who want to see Liv and Blaine together romantically. Is that out of the question?
I can say that I have a tough time imagining this murderer of teenagers and Liv getting together. Although you watch Jamie Lannister [on Game of Thrones] and then three seasons later, you find yourself rooting for him. So it has been done. People have been redeemed, effectively, on television. But at this point, I sure have a tough time getting my head around that. We love, love scenes with Blaine and Liv in them, and a lot of Season 2 is about finding reasons for them to be in the same scene together. They will share an enemy in Season 2. Season 1 was largely about zombies going after humans. Season 2 will have a lot of humans going after zombies, and that will make very strange bedfellows of Liv and Blaine – though not literally.

TVLINE | I would have said the same about Spike and Buffy and then that happened.
That’s right. [Laughs]

TVLINE | Or even Veronica and Logan [from Veronica Mars].
Yeah, that’s true. Though I would say if Blaine had only done bum fights, we could put them together. It’s the murdering of people that makes it a bit trickier.

TVLINE | What’s next for Clive?
There’s a joke in Season 2 where Liv says, “I didn’t even know you had a home life. I just think you went into your Detective Clive box at the end of the day.” But this year, we’re going to see a little bit of Clive’s home life… His white whale is trying to figure out what happened at Meat Cute. The police department has decided it happened one way, and Clive doesn’t agree with his peers, and between us and whoever you’re writing to, Clive is more right than the official story.

TVLINE | Are there still plans to introduce Liv’s dad in Season 2?
Yeah. We’re eight episodes in, and we haven’t written that, but it’s on our big board of ideas. We’ve intentionally not mentioned him so that we could do it when we found the perfect story, and there have been a couple ideas pitched that I really like. So it hasn’t been planned specifically yet, but it is out there in the ether and one of the things that we’ve been interested in exploring.

TVLINE | Do you have someone in mind that you would love to get for that role?
Enrico Colantoni. [Laughs] No, I really could not do that. We have laughed about that idea, how it would affect Veronica Mars fans. I’m dying to get Enrico in the show, but I will not do that. Enrico can only be the dad in one of my shows. Because I’m already fighting off the number of comparisons that I hear [to Veronica Mars]. I think that would be a bridge too far.

VLINE | As you’re trying to push off those comparisons, is it difficult because you want to work with those people again?
Well, that I have no problem with. The idea of casting actors who I like and who have done good work, I will get as many of those as I can. In fact, you would likely see more, but because it films in Canada, we’re limited in the number of actors we can send up to Canada. Otherwise, you’d probably be seeing a ton more Veronica Mars people.

TVLINE | I was surprised that The Originals snagged Jason Dohring before you did.
Oh, I was broken-hearted when I saw it. I mean, I was happy for Jason, but I’d just been emailing Jason, saying, “We’re going to find something great for you this year,” and then he got cast in The Originals, and I sighed heavily.

TVLINE | As excited as I am to see him on that show, they do kill a lot of people, so there’s still hope for iZombie.
Maybe they will Bradley James him, and he will be available to us.

http://tvline.com/2015/09/15/izombie-se ... r-romance/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 2.01 “Grumpy Old Liv”:
2.01 “Grumpy Old Liv” (06/10/15): ADAM ROSE (“VERONICA MARS”) ESTRELLA INVITADA — Liv (Rose McIver) consume el cerebro de un viejo gruñón para ayudar a comprender su muerte. Tras recibir una llamada anónima en el teléfono de denuncias, Liv y el Detective Babineax (Malcolm Goodwin) se pasan por la residencia de Byron Thistlewaite (la estrella invitada Adam Rose), para preguntar al misterioso llamante. Mientras tanto, Ravi (Rahul Kohli) sospecha que Major (Robert Buckley) puede estar experimentando un efecto secundario de la cura, y Liv le hace a Blaine (David Anders) una visita sorpresa. Michael Fields dirige el episodio escrito por by Rob Thomas (#201).

http://www.ksitetv.com/izombie/izombie- ... liv/76471/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Candice Patton y los chicos de "iZombie" divirtiéndose en el "iHeart Radio Music Festival" (19-09-15):

Imagen Imagen

(@malcolmjgoodwin: Getting it crackin at iheartradio music fest w @candicekp @RahulKohli13 @QuestionAnders So many great performances!
@RahulKohli13: Universes are colliding)

- iHeart Radio Las Vegas Music Festival | Star Moments: iZombie Cast | The CW:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 2.02 “Zombie Bro”:
2.02 “Zombie Bro” (13/10/15): ROBERT KNEPPER (“PRISON BREAK”) ESTRELLA INVITADA — Liv (Rose McIver) y el Detective Babineax (Malcolm Goodwin) investigan el asesinato de un chico de fraternidad muy fiestero cuya muerte deja en shock a todo el mundo. Tras consumir su cerebro, Liv asiste a una fiesta de fraternidad en un intento por buscar pistas, pero en su lugar termina dominando la mesa de ceveza pong. Aún desesperado por encontrar la cura, Ravi (Rahul Kohli) toma el asunto por sus propias manos y trae a Major (Robert Buckley) consigo para el viaje. Mientras tanto, Blaine (David Anders) se encuentra con Angus (la estrella invitada Robert Knepper), una misteriosa persona de su pasado. Escrito por Diane Ruggiero-Wright y dirigido por John Kretchmer.

http://www.ksitetv.com/izombie/izombie- ... ion/77049/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes bts de la S1 (25-30 Sept 2015):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@irosemciver: #frenemies. #izombie
@irosemciver: Ah! @RickFox . We stole him from @jakeandamir and @JakeHurwitz. #iZombie #championshipring
@JerryTrimble: @izombietvseries is badass! Season 2 @thecwizombie premieres Oct. 6. — @malcolmjgoodwin @imrosemciver #Grateful
@imrickafox: #SetLife #iZombie #rosemciver #MalcolmGoodwin #alymichalka #eatbrains #nutritional)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- David Anders sobre la humanidad de Blaine y los sentimientos de amor-odio de Liv (TVInsider):
David Anders sobre la humanidad de Blaine y los sentimientos de amor-odio de Liv
Por Damian Holbrook 28 Septiembre, 2015 3:15 pm

Other shows may want us to fear the walking dead, but iZombie has made us fall in love with them. Especially the charmingly evil ones, like David Anders’ brain-dealing Blaine DeBeers.

“I thought it was gonna be a tough sell,” says the Once Upon a Time and Alias fan favorite, of the whip-smart horror dramedy. “You know, ‘ex-medical student turns zombie, eats brains and solves crimes.’ That is a tough sell! But once it started airing, people got the tone of it and saw what it really was.”

Now, a week before The CW hit kicks off its second season (Tuesday, Oct. 6, 9/8c), Anders is giving us some scoop on what lies ahead for Blaine, who was injected with a potential cure by Liv (Rose McIver) in the season finale. And it turns out, the guy might not be all bad.

“There’s not a crime he wouldn’t commit, but he does have some humanity,” he confesses with a laugh, hinting that Blaine may not be entirely back among the living again, either. “We’re going to be playing with the side-effects of the cure, which you will get to see in the first episode of the season.” In addition, we’ll also get a better idea of the “who and why” Blaine is the way he is when Robert Knepper (Prison Break) shows up as his father. Plus, we'll get a look at how far the recovering cadaver will go to maintain his undead street cred. “He’s a human in zombie’s clothes,” he jokes. “His zombie now comes in a bottle of peroxide and occasionally some powder for the face.”

As for Blaine’s antagonistic relationship with Liv, Anders promises that the foes will continue to clash, even while working for the greater good. “There is the love-hate thing between them, with any love coming from Blaine’s side…she absolutely hates him. But they do have to team up this season [and] put aside their rocky past.” Given their evident chemistry, could this finally be a turning point for the pair? Not likely, says Anders. “Teammates don’t have to love each other, they just have to win the ballgame.”

Fans who missed out on the fantastic first season can binge on the DVD set, which hits stores today. Included on the 3-disc collection are the cast’s 2104 Comic-Con panel, deleted scenes and all 13 episodes, including an hour close to Anders’ heart. “Episode 12, the one before the finale, I think that was a real complete episode,” he reveals. “It had that James Blake song at the end with the montage. That was my favorite episode of Season 1.”

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/43586/ ... medium=tvi

- David Anders dice que Blaine y Liv hacen equipo en la Season 2 de ‘iZombie’ (mtv):
David Anders dice que Blaine y Liv hacen equipo en la Season 2 de ‘iZombie’
Por Crystal Bell 29 Sept, 2015

When “iZombie” kicks off its second season (premiering Oct. 6), expect to see a softer, more compassionate — dare we say, humanized — version of Blaine.

HA. HA. HA. As if! In fact, this season, the menacing former zombie is back, and badder than ever. Apparently, humanity can’t keep a good zombie down.

“We’re humanizing him quite literally this season,” David Anders joked to MTV News while promoting the home release of “iZombie: The Complete First Season” on DVD and Blu-ray, out Sept. 29. “But he’s still the smarmy charmer that he always was, even with his newfound humanity.”

Blaine has found a new facility for his black-market brain business, one that’s even more disturbing than a butcher shop. (RIP Meat Cute.) And thanks to a little hair dye, he’s been able to convince the zombies in town that he still walks among them.

“He’s still got the blond hair, so I think it’s obvious that he’s still pretending to walk amongst the dead for business purposes,” Anders said. “He does have a new business, and there’s a lot less killing.”

Of course, where would Blaine be without his thuggish lackeys? Major may have taken out his old crew, but it didn’t take the charming Big Bad very long to find a new zombie squad.

“He still surrounds himself with big dudes who can protect him and his best interests. He had to re-up, obviously,” he said. “We’ve got this great new henchman called Chief this year that fans are gonna love.”

As for Blaine’s new, slightly more sophisticated ~aesthetic~ in season 2, don’t get it twisted: he’s still rock ’n’ roll.

“He still wears the Blaine special, the Billy Idol chic — and he still gets that hair spiky,” Anders said. “He’s got the cool wardrobe, as well as a more square wardrobe for his new job. It’s nice to play Blaine in a suit.”

Blaine might not have an appetite for brains anymore, but that doesn’t mean he’s off Liv’s radar. After all, Ravi’s cure wasn’t 100 percent tested (as you can see in the deleted scene, below, from the season 1 finale “Blaine’s World”), so there could be a chance zombie Blaine returns. But for now, they’ll have to work together against a new threat.

“They’re going to put aside their past, so that they may see their rocky future for a bit,” Anders said. “They have to be teammates, but they don’t have to be friends. Not all teammates like each other. Teammates don’t have to like each other to win the game. That’s where they’re at. But who knows! There might be something down the line where Blaine just absolutely wins her over, but I can’t promise that.”

There’s also an interesting power balance balance between the two this season, as Liv finds herself with the upper hand because of zombie reasons.

“She could absolutely take my head off with the flick of her wrist, but that’s not in her makeup,” he said. “She doesn’t want to do that. She doesn’t want to be a killer. She’s had opportunities to kill Blaine in the past and she didn’t take them. But Blaine is a bit warier around her because he doesn’t know what’s going to happen.”

Bliv fans are the only ones who should get excited. Blaine and fan-favorite Ravi will also share more screen time together this season.

“There’s some fun Blaine/Ravi stuff coming up,” he teased. “We called that Blavi. Rahul [Kohli] and I just did some fun stuff for episode 5. People are going to love that.”

http://www.mtv.com/news/2285136/david-a ... re_twitter

- De la muerte a la vida: Una entrevista con David Anders de "iZombie" (dccomics):
De la muerte a la vida: Una entrevista con David Anders de "iZombie"
Por Tim Beedle 29 Sept, 2015

Based on the Vertigo comic by Chris Roberson and Mike Allred, The CW’s iZombie is a hard show to categorize. Part comedy, part horror, part romance and part procedural, it’s a show that thrives on keeping its viewers on their toes, never quite knowing what to expect from week to week. It’s a trait that extends to its characters as well, perhaps none so clearly as Blaine DeBeers, the brain-dealing psychopath that clashed with protagonist Liv Moore throughout Season 1. A killer who was more than willing to murder for profit, Blaine somehow still manages to come off as likable, even sympathetic at times.

With iZombie: The Complete First Season now available on DVD and the second season set to kick off in exactly a week, we thought it was high time to speak with David Anders, the charismatic actor behind Blaine, about what makes his delectable character tick and what lies ahead for the frosty-haired foe. (The interview does contain a few spoilers if you haven’t yet seen Season 1. Consider yourself warned!)

Looking back at Season 1, what would you say is your favorite thing about it?

I think my favorite thing about Season 1 is that we so clearly developed the world and all these characters so clearly. We also developed the lore of our show because if you watch the show you know that we don’t abide by every zombie show that’s gone before us. We create new rules, which I think is great because there’s no science or scripture when it comes to a zombie show.

Is it hard making your character both charming and terrifying? How do you do that?

They say that a man’s only as good as his word. Well, I am only as good as the words that Rob Thomas, Diane Ruggiero and their team of writers write for me. All of that smarm is really on the page. I can add a strut here and a look there, but it’s just a treat to get to say all of these great lines and words that they come up with for Blaine. I’d like to take credit, but I can’t.

One thing we haven’t gotten much of is Blaine’s backstory. Do you know it, or have you created a backstory for him?

We get into that in Season 2, so it’s interesting you bring that up. Robert Knepper is playing my father, Angus, so we get into Blaine’s daddy issues and his whole family history with his grandfather and mother. In one scene, you learn a lot about Blaine and why he is the way he is. Yeah, I was looking forward to getting into that origin story of Blaine, so I’m glad we get to.

Do you think fans are going to be surprised by it? Will it really shed some light on the character?

Yeah, I think the fans might develop a soft spot for him. They’ll see why he is the way he is. It gives him a new hue.

One of my favorite Season 1 episodes is “Patriot Brains” because I felt like we got a glimpse of Blaine being genuine near the end with Lowell, until he’s forced to kill him. Am I right about that?

Yeah. Blaine’s a bit of a fanboy. He’s a real rock snob. The chance to get to chill and hang out with a rockstar was just a massive treat for him. He thought he had made a new bro, and then the new bro tried to stab him in the head! So yeah, decisions, decision. He’s quick on his feet. He had to do what he had to do.

How would you describe Blaine’s relationship with Liv? She seems to hate him, but I’m not sure he feels the same way about her.

Yeah, she hates him. He hates certain aspects of her. But he taunts her with kid gloves. Now that he’s human in Season 2, he taunts her by holding his humanity in front of her. Though he’s a bit hesitant and a bit wary at first around her. This is the first time he’s seen her since the gunfight at the Meat Cute corral. She is a zombie and she still has that power and he does not. Not anymore. But she’s had opportunities to kill him in the past and she’s chosen not to, and he knows that.

We’re at a point now in Season 2 where Liv and Blaine team up. They put aside their rocky past so that maybe they can have a rocky future. They don’t like each other, but teammates don’t have to like each other.

Is there anyone’s brain that you feel Blaine wouldn’t be willing to sell? Does he have a line?

I don’t think so. If he could turn a profit, there’s not a brain he won’t touch. No.

What about his favorite musician’s?

Yeah, I think if he had Kurt Cobain’s brain, he would be the only one who gets to eat that.

We know how Blaine DeBeers reacts to becoming a zombie. If David Anders woke up one morning and discovered he was a zombie, how would you react?

I am a zombie most mornings, so it wouldn’t be that different!

So what else is next for Blaine? What can you tease about Season 2?

Blaine’s got this whole long con that he’s trying to pull over on Seattle. He’s got a new vocation. He’s trying to get to the top of the Seattle food chain, and along with introducing my father, we introduce the Seattle crime boss.

That’s his season to this point. Of course, Liv keeps eating brains and taking on the traits of these people. In the first three episodes we’ve got a frat boy, an old man and a housewife, I think. Like a “Real Housewives” sort of housewife. We’ve got some fun stuff planned for you guys.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/09/29 ... vid-anders

- David Anders de "iZombie" consigue un bocado de humanidad en la Season 2 (CBR):
David Anders de "iZombie" consigue un bocado de humanidad en la Season 2
Por Bryan Cairns 30 Sept, 2015

Most people would be horrified to join the ranks of the living dead, but not "iZombie's" David Anders. As drug dealer turned zombie Blaine DeBeers, he's used his supernatural mojo to run Seattle's first brain delivery service, an unusual but growing business that proved to be an unmitigated success -- even if he had to kill in order to obtain fresh product.

Of course, Blaine's dastardly deeds came to a screeching halt when Liv (Rose McIver) injected him with an experimental cure, reverting the undead entrepeneur back to human form. However, just because Blaine is mortal again doesn't mean he's changed his wicked ways.

With "iZombie" Season 1 arriving on Blu-ray this week, CBR News spoke with Anders about playing a witty villain, Blaine's gameplan for Season 2 now that he's no longer craving human brains, his previously-ghoulish appearance and his hopes for a rematch with Major (Robert Buckley).

CBR News: with "iZombie's" Season 1 Blu-ray arriving in stores, I think it's a good time to ask, what were some of the elements that initially drew you to the show?

David Anders: I'd say the humor ,more than anything. When I read the title, I was like,"Oyeee." Then, two pages in, I was like, "Ohhh -- we have a winner on our hands with a suspect title." You read on, and read about it, and learn it's based on a comic book that is a ripping ride in its own right. It was an opportunity for me to again play the villain, but play a lighter villain in a funnier show. I think "iZombie" is the best zom-com-rom-dram in the history of television.

What's the trick to rocking the platinum blonde undead look?

I don't know the trick. I'm trying to sort that out in life, like walking around Vancouver and Los Angeles and just being me with the platinum blonde. People look at me like I'm fresh off skid row, looking for a needle exchange. That's a trick I haven't quite mastered yet.

On screen, when I'm in the Blaine clothes and the Blaine boots and the Blaine guy-liner, it's pretty easy. It's not a mask, but it's a hat. It's fun. Perfecting it, you need the whole package -- the clothes, the shirts, the jacket, the boots and the arm tackle.

Blaine has done some pretty despicable things, but the murder of Lowell was probably the most shocking. How surprised were you by the fan reaction when Blaine killed Lowell?

I knew that was going to be tough. I was at a convention in Houston a few weeks after that episode aired. One after another, fans were coming up saying, "I don't like you. You killed Lowell." I had to turn to Bradley [James'] agent and say, "I'm sorry. I apologize. I'm sorry I killed the cheek bones." The cheek bones are doing fine and starring on "Damien." You'll be able to see that pretty face again. Bradley did such a wonderful job for us on the show. He and Rose had a strong dynamic. My answer to all of those fans who were hurt about it was, "What were they going to do? Kill me? No."

What were your thoughts on the season finale and the implications it could have for Blaine moving forward?

When I read the season finale and we shot it, I was interested as to where we'd go with Blaine being human. Producer Rob Thomas had mentioned there would be side effects for people that had been a zombie and now cured. We are playing with that in Season 2. I assumed he was going to remain on the wrong side of the law, or the right side depending how you looked at it. He does have a different vocation. His place went up in flames. I was excited to humanize him, quite literally, and that's what we're doing. He's still a charmer.

Is a human Blaine deadlier than a zombie one?

I don't know if he's deadlier. He still surrounds himself by former defensive linemen. Even when he was a zombie, with whatever zombie powers he had, he still had big zombies to protect him and hide behind. He's less deadly, because he doesn't have the zombie power.

In what ways have Blaine's priorities changed now that he's human? Have they changed?

He's running a whole game on Seattle. You're going to meet his father in this season. We're introducing the big crime boss of Seattle. Blaine has a real long con to jump those guys on his way to the top.

What is the dynamic between Blaine and Liv these days?

It's the same as it ever was. There's some awareness on Blaine's part whenever Liz is around, because she still remains a zombie. He still taunts her and dangles his humanity in front of her and the fruits of being a human in front of her, knowing she's had the opportunity to kill him, but didn't. That's not in her make-up.

In Season 2, they are going to put aside their rocky past, so that maybe they can have a rocky future. They have to team up. They don't like each other. She doesn't like him. He doesn't like her. That's fine. Teammates don't have to like each other. Teammates don't have to be friends. Teammates just have to win.

After everything that went down between the two last season, what can you tease about round 2 between Blaine and Major?

I think that's coming. Haven't shot it yet, haven't read it yet, but that is coming. We have to fight. We have to settle the score. I know I'm looking forward to it. I love working with Robert in what little I've done with him. I love him as a human being and as an actor, so I welcome any chance to work with Robert.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... n-season-2

- David Anders de "iZombie" se deleita en su lugar como el chico malo de TV (USAToday):
David Anders de "iZombie" se deleita en su lugar como el chico malo de TV
Por Brian Truitt 30 Septiembre, 2015

As usual, David Anders is up to no good on your TV screen.

To wit: On the first season of The CW’s iZombie (now out on DVD), his undead bad guy Blaine DeBeers ran a black-market brain-selling industry out of the butcher shop Meat Cute and was a weekly foil for crime-solving zombie heroine Liv (Rose McIver), who in the season finale tested a cure on him that made Blaine human again.

Not that that’s helping his demeanor any, although he is looking a little less pale.

The second-season premiere on Tuesday (9 ET/PT) finds Blaine with what Anders calls “a fun new vocation”: director of a funeral home with the fantastic name Shady Plots Funerary. “We have no shame with the names, of businesses and/or characters.”

Anders, who was also the villainous Julian Sark on Alias, checked in with us from Vancouver — where the Oregon native’s scooting between iZombie and an upcoming return to ABC’s Once Upon a Time — to give us the rundown on the new year.

So how are the events of the season finale affecting Blaine?

"We’re humanizing him a little bit, quite literally, with the cure now in him. There’s some fun new little things to play with the character. There are some side effects to this cure — he can sense when zombies are near — and there’s going to be some new stuff own the line that isn’t so easy to handle."

Dude’s always got something nefarious going on.

"He has no qualms about being on the wrong side of the law. (Laughs) He kind of revels in it, and maybe he learned that from his father, who’s well-to-do businessman-ish. He’s done some pretty criminal things to get to where he is, so it’s a chip off the old block."

Blaine showed his monstrous side often violently in the first season. Any favorite scenes?

"There was pulling the kid into the meat slicer and that blood spatter right on my visor. That’s pretty heavy for an episode. Or jamming his henchman in the neck with his sweet, sweet butterfly knife. That was fun to do. We kept doubling down on the nefarious Blaine and the smarmy charm. That’s what I think brings it back from people just outright hating the guy. You don’t know whether you want to kill him or cool out with him."

Was there one role that really put you down this villainous path?

"We have J.J. Abrams to either thank or blame for me being the bad guy for my entire career. Sark on Alias was the beginning, when I was just fresh off of a destroyer with nothing but a dance belt and a tube of chapstick. (Laughs) He tapped me as a bad guy and I never thought I would get that part in the many auditions I had for it. But I somehow pulled it out. Ever since then, no one ever believes that I can be a good guy or believes that I can do an American accent."

Do people just assume you’re European?

Yeah, absolutely. You do 10 years of playing an Englishman and people are going to think you’re English. I’m made to feel like a monkey when people say, ‘Do the accent!’ And I’m like, ‘Come on, guys… ‘It’s funny, especially when English people ask me to do the accent. I’m like, ‘You’re asking a kid from Oregon to do an accent you’re doing flawlessly. You sure you want to hear me butcher your language?’ ”

What do you love about that Blaine/Liv dynamic?

"Blaine really tests the waters with her because he eggs her on one line after another, and it’s surprising she hasn’t taken out her fury on him. It’s a cat –and-mouse thing and a pissing-contest thing. In this season, there’s some teaming up between Blaine and Liv where they put aside their rocky past so maybe they can have a rocky future. They have a common foe, so they don’t have to like each other, they’ve just gotta be teammates. And teammates don’t have to be friends, they just have to win the game."

Other than them, who’s your favorite character?

"Watching the rookie Rahul Kohli (the British actor who plays Ravi the chief coroner) do his thing, plucked from obscurity, is a joy to watch. He makes these great choices and a lot of it’s modeled on Ricky Gervais from The Office."

He probably doesn’t ask you to do the accent at least.

"Not yet. Sometimes I just throw an English accent in there."

Blaine’s the kind of guy who would do that.

"They do have me singing in this season so we have that to look forward to. And some English little asides. I make weird choices every take — who knows what I’m doing half the time."

What are you singing?

"There’s a rock song that I sing and an Irish standard. I do run a funeral home so I’ll let you do the math on that."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/ente ... /73109416/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Rick Fox, estrella invitada en la S2 de "iZombie":
Rick-Fox.jpg
El actor y retirado estrella de baloncesto Rick Fox ha sido contratado para interpretar 'Calvin Owen', una estrella de baloncesto retiradam en la S2 de la serie de la CW "iZombie".

Fox, de 46 años, ha declarado que está "encantado de unirse a este gran elenco".

¿Cómo encaja su personaje en la S2?

El Detective Clive Babineaux ((Malcolm Goodwin) y Liv "se encuentran cona raíz del compañero de universidad de Calvin, Harry Cole, un degenerado apostador que es asesinado delante de Clive en los escalones del Juzgado del del Condado. Calvin era una de las últimas personas que vio a su amigo Harry con vida".

Fox jugó para los Boston Celtics y Los Angeles Lakers antes de colgar su camiseta en el 2004. Entre sus trabajos como actor están "Sharknado 3", "Dope", "Ugly Betty" y "One Tree Hill".

http://www.people.com/article/rick-fox- ... _peoplemag

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- iZombie | Robert Buckley Season 2 Interview | The CW:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- iZombie | Rose McIver Season 2 Interview | The CW:
https://amp.twimg.com/v/1c90c610-7895-4 ... fda5c81206

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”