Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "SUPERGIRL", nueva serie en la CBS

Mensaje por Shelby »

- SUPERGIRL | "Superbowl" Trailer:

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Did Mehcad Brooks Give Us a Huge Supergirl Spoiler?! (Hollywood Today Live):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes bts de la S1 (08-21 Feb 2016):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@mehcadbrooks: Me and @jeremymjordan taking a fake nap in between set ups. We don't wanna go to school today Mommy #BTS #supergirl #fakenap #allday #twopeoplecrossinglegsisalwaysweird #photooftheday
@jeremymjordan: Bonus points if you spot this moment in tonight's episode! 'You won Winn!' #Supergirl
@mehcadbrooks: We're making us a television series ova herrr. (Said like my country cousin) tag your cousin. #supergirl
@aliadler: Hey West Coast! Get ready for the House of El! #Supergirl @melissabenoist @robertgant @laurabenanti @supergirlcbs
@chy_leigh: #BTS It takes a lot to make this show as fantastic as it is. Including our phenomenal crew! We're Nuthin without them. Much love to our #Supergirl family
@chy_leigh: #BTS The hallway #nextstopkrypton #Supergirl @supergirlcbs
@chy_leigh: #BTS You don't look so scary chillin on that ladder, #blackmercy #whosupforsushi #Supergirl
@mehcadbrooks: I'm trying to watch #supergirl but Kara hasn't paid her bill I guess. Not even rabbit ears
@mehcadbrooks: Sorry #eastcoast that I can't #livetweet with you guys...that's why I'm crying
@aliadler: Another #BTS from #Supergirl #forthegirlwhohaseverything. Coldest night ever warmest cast around #supercrew
@DavidHarewood: @LauraBenanti insists on being completely comfortable before she shoots her scenes
@mehcadbrooks: Me having a bright idea. #bts #supergirl
@grantgust: Dale got me on my way to Supergirl land like.. See ya soon Flash. Hold it down without me. Miss youuuu
@grantgust: Hey Flash producers... I've already got a fancier chair on Supergirl than I've got on Flash. Just saying
@AliAdler: But too cute not to show his face. @grantgust #supergirl #flash #crossover…
@aliadler: The most literal flashback ever typed. @grantgust @melissabenoist #Supergirl #flash
@grantgust: Those two emblems look pretty good together... @melissabenoist
@mehcadbrooks: Caption this... #supergirl
@mehcadbrooks: Chilling. Am I really at chateau?
@davidharewood: Considering our Options. #DEO @chy_leigh #HankHenshaw
@tengstagram: Fly mode. The dude in green is our stunt rigger Mark. It's cool, he's legit @melissabenoist @supergirlofficial #supergirl
@mehcadbrooks: Emma our wonderful Set and Basecamp PA wanted to say morning too. #buongiorno
@mehcadbrooks: And then the boredom set in. What do you do to pass time
@aliadler: Donut cheating on @melissabenoist #nightshoot @chy_leigh @kerasser #supergirl
@davidharewood: Doing me Right. #MakeUp @supergirlcbs #Supergirl #Supgirl #MartianManhunter
@ToddToddSherry: @CbsSupergirlTV @jeffbranson @MelissaBenoist @AliAdler @Lexialex @AJKreisberg @carlogawa @GBerlanti
@ToddToddSherry: @CbsSupergirlTV this Monday. Will the master jailer harm this little darling NO. It's @MelissaBenoist 's dog
@ToddToddSherry: With @MelissaBenoist @jeffbranson on the set of @CbsSupergirlTV airing this Monday, Feb 22!)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 1.14 "Truth, Justice and the American Way":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 1.15 "Solitude":
1.15 "Solitude" (29-02-16): Kara viaja a la Fortaleza de la Soledad de Supermán con la esperanza de derrotar a Indigo (Laura Vandervoort), un peligroso ser que puede transportarse via the Internet y que tiene una conexión con el pasado de Kara. También, la relación de James y Lucy Lucy llega a una encrucijada invitadas: Estrellas invitadas: Jenna Dewan-Tatum (Lucy Lane), Chris Vance (Non), Italia Ricci (Siobhan Smythe), Briana Venskus (Agent Vasquez), Jay Jackson (News Anchor); Laura Vandervoort (Indigo), Patrick O’Connell (General Mathers), Kelly Chavers (Girlfriend), Ruben Vernier (Boyfriend), Sebastian Velmont (Silo Guard #1), Nick Jaine (Guy #1), Carly Nykanen (Woman), y Michael Hanson (Guy#2). Con historia de Rachel Shukert y guiñon de Anna Musky-Goldwyn y James DeWille. Está dirigido por Dermott Downs.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/supergirl-so ... -fortress/

- Primer vistazo a la Fortaleza de la Soledad:

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- SUPERGIRL | 1.14 "Truth, Justice and the American Way" Promo #1:

- SUPERGIRL | 1.14 "Truth, Justice and the American Way" Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ykYamphng

- SUPERGIRL | 1.14 "Truth, Justice and the American Way" Clip #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8IoIoRp_Gg

- SUPERGIRL | 1.14 "Truth, Justice and the American Way" Clip #3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdXKUAumacQ

- SUPERGIRL | 1.14 "Truth, Justice and the American Way" Clip #4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO_cICM0DiA

- SUPERGIRL | 1.14 "Truth, Justice and the American Way" Clip #5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG9gjxhV5Nk

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Supergirl Radio Season 1 Podcast – Lexi Alexander Interview (17-02-16):

http://supergirlradio.com/interviews/su ... interview/

- La directora Lexi Alexander sobre Supergirl y muchas más cosas (themarysue):
La directora Lexi Alexander sobre Supergirl y muchas más cosas
Por Lesley Coffin 21 Feb 2016 a las 11:00 am

Even if you don’t know her movies, chances are you know the name Lexi Alexander. A big name on social media (her twitter account is a must), she is the rare filmmaker who speaks openly and critically about Hollywood’s gender AND diversity problems…and has for years.

After working as a martial artist and stunt woman, German-born Alexander made an Oscar nominated short about a boxer (Johnny Flynton) and a independent film about football hooliganism titled Green Street Hooligans. Her success directing action on screen led to the ultra-violent, 80s action-inspired Punisher: War Zone. The first of Marvel Knights brand (Marvel’s Hard R films), the movie was released in theaters unceremoniously and sentenced Lexi to director’s jail. But in 2015, Lexi’s career saw a new start with three consecutive directing jobs: Arrow, Supergirl (tomorrow’s episode), and an upcoming episode of Limitless. We spoke (in an almost epic hour-plus interview) about directing for TV, her vocal and passionate activism toward diversity in Hollywood, the DGA’s depressing statistics, why she loves friend Patton Oswalt, and plenty more.

Lesley Coffin (TMS): This is the first year that you’ve been directing TV–starting with Arrow, then Supergirl, and now Limitless. How did this new move to TV directing come about?

Lexi Alexander: I’d been trying to get into directing for TV for years. And even though I knew a number of producers and showrunners, there always seemed to be a gate keeping me out. Moreso even than in features, no one wants to be the first person to hire you to direct an episode. It is very country club-like in that way. But I think that all diversity talk and ACLU investigation created a lot of noise about the need to shift that point of view.

And I can only speak about my own experiences, but last year a showrunner named Andrew Kreisberg tracked me down, as a fan of Punisher. And he hired me for Arrow. But later I found out, and he’s talked about this in interviews, that a statement came from Greg Berlanti that he doesn’t want his production company to be one of the companies that only hires guys, and wants to offer opportunities to people of color and women. So he told all his showrunners to go and do the work. So Andrew came to me to direct an episode of Arrow and it ended up being one of the showrunners’ favorite episodes (“Beyond Redemption”), and right after that aired, he hired me to direct this episode of Supergirl. And all that even lead to Limitless, because that came from the CBS camp, which airs Supergirl.

TMS: Has it been a case that once you get your foot in the door, or through the gate, shows are starting to come to you?

Alexander: This doesn’t usually happen. I was lucky enough to get in. But once I got in and started working, it was clear to everyone that I should have been doing this a long time ago. The first film I started with was a short film about a boxer that was 40 minutes long, and that was nominated for an Oscar (2002’s Johnny Flynton). I remember specifically making a film that was that length and that subject because I wanted to get into TV. Even then, before making any features, I wanted to direct TV. It just so happened that once I was nominated for an Oscar, my agents said “you have to make movies” and TV sort of fell to the side. But I’ve always been qualified to direct TV, I just didn’t have access to the country club.

Once I got in there, one of the things Andrew told me was, nobody realized how good I am at working with actors and directing drama. But I never had the chance to tell people. I’m not just a former stunt woman or kickboxing champion. I’ve studied acting methods of Stanislavaski and Meisner to prepare myself. I studied drama longer than most actors have. But that was a side nobody asked me about, and I guess nobody looked at my resume.

TMS: I think the term country club is a great term to use, especially with the current discussion about the Oscar’s lack of diversity, because to get in and have those opportunities, those running things need to be willing to let you in to try. Does Hollywood in general feel a bit like an exclusive country club?

Alexander: Oh yes, I think of it as a golf country club. It is amazing, because I’m not a director that had to be built up, it was almost slightly more insulting. Because there are young directors who do still need some training, and it’s good that they are slowing coming up, rather than doing three in a row. But when you bring someone in that is a pro and requires no hand-holding, and it turns out all along I just needed a bouncer to let me in, it feels even more unfair. I’ve spoken with Andrew about this a lot, that there are a lot of women that are great at directing, but are being unused.

TMS: Have you spoke with Andrew and Greg, or other showrunners, about some of the other directors you know that have been held back in similar ways?

Alexander: I have, but when Greg Berlanti gave Andrew the marching order, he really did his homework and found more female directors than I even knew. Besides hiring myself, he hired Rachel Talalay, who’d directed Doctor Who, instantly for The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. And I know Rachel, but he also hired Alice Troughton, who directed the famous bottle episode of Doctor Who (the episode “Midnight”), and other women he approached (Wendey Stanzler, Hanelle M. Culpepper, Bethany Rooney, and Charlotte Brandstrom have all directed on the Arrow-Flash-Legends series). Andrew really did his homework.

But Rachel and I are friends and kind of fall in the same category, although she is better with visual effects, and I’m probably better at staging action. So I will constantly recommend her for jobs that I think she’d be better at. If I go in for a job and am told, our show is visual effects heavy, I’ll constantly ask “have you interviewed Rachel Talalay.” And I’ll mention other women. But I know a lot of female directors that would be great, but haven’t tried or been given the opportunity to direct TV and the first episode is hard and isn’t something I can easily recommend. But I’m working my way to a place where I can have people shadow me and then I can guaranteed that their episode will be fine, by me standing next to them.

TMS: Would you be interested in working on shows in the capacities as a producer, so you would have a voice in the boardroom during that decision making process?

Alexander: That is actually a goal I have. It’s been so interesting because since getting into TV, I’ve been meeting with a lot of executives that had heard about my diversity activism work. So I’ve taken all these meeting in the past few four months at studios, networks, production companies, and the people who want to speak to me about diversity ask me the same things. They want to know, what is it we aren’t doing, what do we need to do, and what do you think we have to do better? And I say, “the best way to make a meaningful change is in the position of PD, the producer-director.” They are such an experienced director, they are hired to stay on the show, and they are there not to look over the director’s shoulder, but to be there so if anything happened or question come up, the PD can step in to help. Even if the showrunner isn’t there. But that position can also lend itself to improving diversity among the directors, because they can vouch for directors and work with some less experienced directors. Because if something went wrong, which seems to be what everyone’s afraid of, the producer-director can step in any second. So that should be a position on every show, and they should be working on diversity. And as far as I’m told, from the CW executive Traci Blackwell, they are really working hard on the diversity issue and agreed with me that the PD position is something that could make a big change.

TMS: Since getting having these conversation with these executives and producers about diversity, do you believe that TV is in a better position than film?

Alexander: It’s thousands of miles ahead. I can’t even compare them at this point. Hollywood is like high school and now that I’ve done TV episodes with buzz, now I’m getting feature scripts again. As if something changed regarding my talent? It is so weird. It’s like high school, where if the cute boy asks you out, all of a sudden you’re back at the cool table. And that is how Hollywood works.

So I’m getting scripts again, and some of them aren’t bad. They are mid-range budget and brand names and stars attached, and my manager constantly tries to get me to go back to movies. But I finally said to her, it’s like telling me the male American football team locker room is finally going to let me in…as if I want to go back inside that sweaty, smelly, cursing locker room? It’s not a safe environment, it’s not a classy environment, and it’s not good to women…and it’s never been that good to women. That’s why the numbers still stink. They don’t want us, but frankly, a lot of us don’t want them either anymore. Whereas TV is a completely different arena. You have people like Shondra Rhimes, Jill Soloway. Women in charge, so female directors aren’t just being tossed aside.

TMS: It’s great that with Supergirl and Arrow and The Flash, women are getting to direct those shows. But the frustrating thing about the superhero films, for me at least, is we hear about highly qualified women in the running to direct Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel, but none of those women are mentioned when they talk about the director for The Justice League or next Spiderman films. It seems that with films, they only want female directors for “female-driven films” and it is the same with directors of color only being included when they announced films like Black Panther, Aquaman, and Shazam. I know you were mentioned during the Wonder Woman announcement, was it frustrating that you only seemed to be a contender when the story was about a female character?

Alexander: As you mentioned, in TV they’ve moved beyond that, because I did Arrow first and the main character in that show happens to be a man. And for me, it was very cool to direct Supergirl and work with a female lead for once, especially in a fight scene. But you are absolutely right. I did The Punisher, so I don’t know why my name only got thrown out for the Wonder Woman and Captain Marvels, but rarely get thrown out for the other stuff, when it’s just the dudes. And I’m always insulted by that. And I got in so much trouble from fans when I said I wouldn’t direct Wonder Woman because it’s too much responsibility. And feminists got so upset with me for saying that. But what I meant to say, and did say, was, “I would have too many chips on my shoulder. One of the female directors that never have a chance to direct big-budget action films. And the other for female superhero movies that haven’t gotten the chance yet.”

So I would be thinking, I’m carrying the torch for both, and the difficult part of being a woman is, if we fail, we don’t just fail for ourselves, we fail for all women. And I just said “that is all I’d be thinking about that the entire time…If I fail, I fail for all women. No other women would get a chance to direct a superhero movies, and wouldn’t get another female superhero.” But that doesn’t mean all women think that way. But because of the activism work I’ve been doing, and talking so much about it, it’s important that we change things for the next generation. So it’s something I worry about and would be worried about while directing. But I’m sure Patty Jenkins isn’t worried about that.

TMS: And you have the previous experience with The Punisher, because even though that found a loyal following and has found an audience as a cult hit, that movie seems like it kind of set back your directing career because it was the first Marvel movie directed by a woman, and it happened to not be a hit. Were you prepared at all for how Hollywood would react to a movie not failing, simply not being a hit?

Alexander: There is a thing called director’s jail, and people talk about it a lot. But it is so much harder for women directors. We get three times the sentence as men. And with all the Deadpool talk lately, because it is this big box-office hit R-rated comic book movie. And people know that is what Punisher was going for, but people forget that I had 22 million dollars, not 58 million like the director of Deadpool. And, Punisher had absolutely no marketing campaign. Marvel won’t even argue that fact, everyone knows that my movie was dropped on Christmas and had no marketing whatsoever. It wasn’t until Patton Oswalt gave it this amazing review and put it in his movie festival that it became a massive cult hit. And I saw that by the residual checks I got.

So now that Deadpool is a hit and Punisher is going back to Netflix, people want to talk about my experiences and ask, was it unfair? Absolutely. But that is just one more challenge we have as female filmmakers. We just aren’t financially supported. It isn’t just the hiring, it’s when people refuse to drop the same amount of money on marketing, it puts us at a major disadvantage.

TMS: When you talk about director’s jail and opportunities closing to you, what did that experience do to you mentally?

Alexander: Nobody has ever asked me that, and it is probably the number one thing I think about. What happened to me in Hollywood? It was devastating. Thank God I became friends with Patton Oswalt. I’ve told him often how important he was to me. But the fact that he reviewed a film that bombed so well and told me he’d put it in his film festival, and then did. And then he invited me on a podcast to talk about the movie (“How Did This Get Made”). He kept insisting “it’s not you, Lexi. You are a great filmmaker.” And throughout the years, he seemed like the only light at the end of the tunnel. And someone like that meant something to me. Someone saying, you’re worth something. I don’t even think Patton knows how much his support meant to me. Because there were days that I wouldn’t get up. It was hard to survive. And when I say survive, I mean survive.

TMS: Have discussed the experience of director’s jail and the rejection experienced with other filmmakers?

Alexander: I’ve met several directors and read about them too. The other day read about a black filmmaker who had a successful romantic comedy but couldn’t make another and just disappeared to Dallas. But having been there, it just feels too hard to read about stuff like that and go back there. It just takes me back to the dark side. But I certainly have friends who’ve gone through that. Rachel Talalay was in that position after Tank Girl, and we talk about it. But it’s so hard to talk about it, because you feel like a leper, and even lepers don’t want to hang with other lepers. You are the outcast and there is no secret support group for people who have been there before. But it is frustrating that the guys think they are in the same director’s jail. People of color and women, director’s jail often means the end of their careers. And for white men, it means 2 or 3 years that they aren’t hot, but they can still make a young adult film or something.

TMS: Do you feel added pressure as a female filmmaker that wants to make action films, which are still being marketed so heavily to men and the studios still claim men, age 12 to 30 are the target audiences?

Alexander: There is still major prejudice we have to fight. My friend, Paul Feig, has been dealing with that since the Ghostbusters were announced. Look at what he has to deal with. The sheer misogyny and abuse this man takes on the internet every day. People say, “You ruined my childhood because you made an all-female Ghostbusters movie.” If the movie had been all male, I don’t think it even would have been a debate, because it had always been all male. So for some reason, in the 70s or 80s, when we stopped talking about gender equality and thought we had made it. But 30 years happened and we regressed. Why did audiences ignore Carol? It’s just strange. And that doesn’t even have to do with the financing and marketing, it’s the audiences.

TMS: Paul has mentioned the same thing you mentioned regarding Wonder Woman, and not wanting to be responsible for other filmmakers and films not being made. And that happens a lot when a movie about people of color fails to find an audience or movie about women isn’t a hit, but if it is about or made by men, they don’t have to worry about hurting others in the aftermath.

Alexander: Exactly. Look at Ryan Reynolds for example. I don’t dislike the guy, but what actor of color or female actress would have been given as many opportunities as Ryan Reynolds got before he had a hit with Deadpool? He played not just one, but several superheroes, that failed at the box office, and got to make another? It’s just that failure on that larger scale doesn’t exist for them the way it exists for women. For them it’s an exception, not proof. And Paul is right. If this movie fails, I don’t think we’ll see a lot of female action-comedies for a long time.

TMS: You’ve been very vocal on social media about the gender and diversity problems in the industry, not just on the hiring side, but regarding the business practices that make it harder for directors once hired to have hits. Did you see that at the time or did that come to your attention in retrospect?

Alexander: Oh, they totally take advantage and use it as an excuse. It isn’t as if they didn’t realize they had a cult hit. It was right there in the residuals and press and reviews. But, they also could have reached out and said “Lexi, we are going to give you another shot because it wasn’t your fault.” But that isn’t how Hollywood works, and any chance they have to lock someone out that is a woman (and/or) person of color, they take it. That is why when you have a black director that has a box office failure, that guy or girl won’t get another chance to direct, at least no time soon. But the difference is, for a time, every white man who failed as a director of a big action movie talked about being in director’s jail, but their director’s jail was young adult movies. But we couldn’t even get that. By the time Catherine Hardwicke made money with Twilight, women have been shut out of that genre too. Twilight, Divergent, Hunger Games…all dudes. All female-driven films, with mostly female-driven audiences, and they are all being directed by men.

TMS: Hollywood needs to change, and the diversity issue seems to be at a fever pitch. But are you ever concerned when a studio say in response, “we are looking for a woman to direct, we are looking for a person of color to direct.” Rather than simply talking about those same directors’ accomplishments and placing them on the same level as their white, male peers? So it doesn’t feel like a defensive response but a change to the way they think about hiring?

Alexander: It seems to be where we are right now, because of older people in Hollywood having to deal with what’s been called “Twitter outrage.” Really, it is just we finally have a voice. But because they’re concerned about backlash, they knew they couldn’t afford for example to put a white director on Black Panther. And I’m super psyched about Ryan Coogler being hired to direct that movie. But the problem is, there probably wasn’t someone perfect to direct Black Panther, because Hollywood hasn’t given enough black directors the chance to direct action movies. They haven’t had a chance to become the Zack Snyders and Christopher Nolans yet. And I think Ryan is a solid choice and will do a good job.

When it comes to women, for years action was shut to us. If they were blowing things up, the job wouldn’t be given to us. Now they are trying to do the right thing with things like Wonder Woman, but sometimes when you hear the names on the list, they just don’t make sense. If you just put anyone on a film, that isn’t going to be good for the film and it won’t be good for the directors. There are specific skills people need to direct these films. It’s like, if the quarterback position opened up, you can’t just take the position if you’ve never played. You look at Zack Snyder’s career, he came from the commercial background, and then they gave him Dawn of the Dead, a movie he could practice on. It wasn’t a hit, but it didn’t lose money either. And then came the next one, and they kept getting bigger and bigger. The Academy used to train young talent, but that doesn’t include us.

TMS: Your Twitter account is a must-read and you’ve given a lot of interviews and written a lot about these issues. Was there a point when you just thought, I’ve going to be as open and honest about these issues as possible, rather than be concerned with appeasing the Hollywood system?

Alexander: I thought I had nothing left to lose. Now that I’m working more, it is a little harder, because I do work for organizations, like CBS and The CW. But CBS has been so interested in diversity, I’m less concerned. But I don’t want to be a walking liability for anyone I work with, but so far, everyone’s really supportive of my being a vocal activist. I’m sure there are people who won’t hire me because I talk about this stuff, but I also wouldn’t stop talking just to get a job. That would be really sleazy and I don’t want to look in the mirror. Because I’ve always said, this isn’t about me, this is about the next generation. I’m mad at the women who left Hollywood in the state where there aren’t even 2% of women directing. I just think: where were you, did you miss feminism? What did they just take it? I don’t want to be like that, so I look at the next generation of women graduating from film school. And almost like a parody, they tell me with shining eyes they want to be me, and I tell them, I’m still making a path.

TMS: Mentorship seems to such a huge part of the industry, especially directors. How important is it right now to find mentors and create a network that can advocate and help new directors that are women and/or people of color?

Alexander: We have to, but the problem is, we haven’t managed to organize. It’s sad. There are more of us, and I feel we are stronger because we are talking more under the ACLU investigation, which is somewhat of a protective umbrella. But it would be much better if instead of me saying something, our group could say these things. And in terms of mentorship, that is so important. But its funny, because I’ve always been friends with more men in the business than I have with women. I think it just came from growing up and martial arts and going to my boxing gym, they all seemed to be guys. I have few female friends because I’m always in male-dominated arenas. So I have to make a conscious effort to find young women to mentor.

And I’m particularly interesting in working with young women of color to mentor. Because there are a lot of white guys helping other white guys, but there aren’t enough women holding the door open for other women, and there aren’t enough white women reaching across to help women of color. And other women directors need to do the same. So I really seek out young women of color to mentor. Although, I also work with a number of young men of color. But these powerful white guys need to do the same. I understand people mentor those who seems and look like them, but they should also be holding the door open for people that don’t just look like you.

TMS: It seems so important to talk to people like Andrew and Greg, and other directors that have worked with women and/or people of color, and tell them the difference they can make, because they have the strength in numbers and positions of power to make structural changes in Hollywood. And focus on them being real agents of change, rather than just the obstacles for those feeling left on the outside.

Alexander: And the crazy thing is, it seems that they are seeing the change for themselves. I always say, it took one person to believe in me, Andrew, to open the door for me. And that makes him one of my heroes. See how easy it is? It means so much to me, what he did. But they can so easily change someone’s life. If you can give an opportunity to someone sitting on the sidelines for no reason other than lack of opportunity, wouldn’t that make you feel great? So I hope that is the way they are thinking. I know Andrew is having fun creating opportunities and tracking us down. But I don’t even understand why others don’t do this.

TMS: One of the frustrating things is they use the terms, people of color or women, rather than acknowledging those two aren’t mutually exclusive. We see that a lot on screen, where a movie gets praised for being diverse by having men of color and white women, but excluding women of color. Has that been a difficult issue to address among directors?

Alexander: We have trouble with the vocabulary. And as a woman with one Palestinian parent, I consider myself a woman of color. But that term is different everywhere. I would consider myself something else in Germany than I do in America. So it is a language issue, because whenever we say women AND people of color, it often feels like we are excluding women of color. But that is obviously not what I’m saying. But the issue is, in practical ways, we are doing it all the time. When studios talk about “we have to do a diverse hire” the first directors they look at are men of color. That is not true in most other industries in America, usually white women have a leg up.

But in Hollywood, and specifically in the DGA, the number of minority men equal or close to equal to the percentage of minority men in America (11.2% of minority men in 2013 and 2014). That is almost unheard of. So the first people they look to hire diverse are minority men, and there are top directors in that group, like Guillermo del Toro or Robert Rodriguez. Then, if they have to they go to Caucasian women, and then, only as an afterthought, will they go to minority women. Which is why they have the worse percentage. Which is why I want to mentor and promote from the bottom up. I have a page on my website devoted to introducing diverse talent I come across. And I’m making an effort to promote women of color. I have one Caucasian woman, who also happens to be gay.

TMS: And we should say, the percentage of female directors in general, don’t even come close to the national average (according to the DGA–6.4% of movies are directed by women in 2013 and 2014-5.1% Caucasian females, 1.3% minority females).

Alexander: It is so important to talk about the numbers and get the reports out there. Minority men have done much better than any women.

TMS: Having written some of your own films, would you be interested in writing or creating a show?

Alexander: I have been for a long time. I have at least four shows optioned right now. I had a pilot I was working on last year that went into turn around four times, but it had an Arab lead, so no one would dare put it on the air. But every pilot season I go out and pitch and every year, something is optioned. I just never made it on the air.

TMS: Are you pushing the studios and producers you are meeting with to focus on featuring more Arab leads right now?

Alexander: It is a major issue I’m talking about right now. There is a famous documentary and book about Arabs in Hollywood called Reel Bad Arabs (book by Jack Shaheen, film by Sut Jhally), and it talks about how Middle Easterns have been represented on screen. And they used to be belly dancers, but now 80% are represented as terrorists. And that is a huge deal right now, because you can’t name a single multi-dimensional Arab on screen. So this is a massive issue. But the trouble is, we don’t even come up in the diversity talks. We simply don’t exist, despite the fact that there are 5 million in this country. And that is because there was a law that the only immigrants that could get American citizenship are white immigrants, but they included Arabs in that group because there was a weird deal between American and some of the richer Arab states. And they were considered Caucasian on the censuses. And we’ve stuck with that in some way, even though there probably aren’t a more discriminated group in the country, especially those who are Muslims.

TMS: When we talk about diversity in film and television, it seems that we need to almost separate “Hollywood” and indie films. Do you see the diversity issues improving in the indie world?

Alexander: Independent films have always been more open to diverse voices, but the financing is getting harder and harder. I would love to do a couple of indie movies and cast some Arab-American actors in the leads. But even our own rich people won’t invest in films anymore, and it is even harder to get financing for women and minorities. Which is unfortunate, because indie films seem more open. But the question is, who can put down 2 or 3 million dollars?

TMS: So we turn back to TV, and with that I wanted to talk a little bit about this specific episode of Supergirl. What was it about this specific episode that made you want to direct it?

Alexander: Well, the cast was amazing. It was the first time I got to choreograph a female fight scene. In all those fight movies I’ve choreographed and directed, it’s never been a female lead. And the best thing about it was Andrew knew me and knew who he hired, so his orders to the crew were just, “let Lexi do what she wants, even if she wants to change the fight scene.” From what I understand, he wanted me for that episode because of the fight scene, and he considers it the best fight scene of the show (Andrew Kreisberg stated, “Hands down one of the best fight sequences we’ve ever had on the show between Supergirl and Master Jailer”). And it serves as a basis for what the other fight scenes can be. So that was a great honor to feel like I really brought something to the show.

http://www.themarysue.com/interview-dir ... lots-more/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Jenna Dewan Tatum on "The Ellen Show" (17-02-16):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ¡Primera imagen de Italia Ricci como 'Silver Banshee'!:

Imagen

La actriz hará su debut en la serie como 'Siobhan Smythe' en el episodio del próximo lunes “Truth, Justice and the American Way”, antes de aparecer como la villana "Silver Banshee".

http://www.etonline.com/tv/182659_exclu ... ook_photo/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Vandervoort de "Smallville" pondrá a prueba el temple de Supergirl como la "rompeadora" Indigo (CBR):
Vandervoort de "Smallville" pondrá a prueba el temple de Supergirl como la "rompeadora" Indigo
Por Bryan Cairns, 19 Feb 2016

Laura Vandervoort fans are in for a treat. After four seasons of playing Kara/Supergirl on "Smallville," the "Bitten" actress has booked the recurring role of Indigo on CBS' "Supergirl." However, this time around, Vandervoort is more villainous than heroic.

In the DC Comics source material, Indigo was a robotic menace with ties to Braniac, her rampage ultimately leading to the death of several Teen Titans. The "Supergirl" TV series has tweaked her origin, making Indigo a living super-computer who has somehow managed to escape her confinement on Krypton. Now on Earth, the only thing standing in the way of her goals is Supergirl.

Ahead of Indigo's debut in February 29's "Solitude," Vandervoort spoke to CBR News about developing Indigo for the small screen, channeling her inner Angelina Jolie, testing Supergirl's mettle and reuniting with Tom Welling.

Story continues below

CBR News: After spending a handful of seasons as Kara on "Smallville," how does it feel to be returning to the DC Universe?

Laura Vandervoort: I think it's great because the new "Supergirl" series incorporated some of the past characters and actors from other superhero shows, like Dean Cain and Helen Slater. Including me was an honor. The show is fantastic; I love everything they are doing with it. The fact that they asked me to come along for a bit of the journey was something I clearly wanted to be part of. It's mostly because the "Smallville" fans are so fantastic. I've been hearing from them on Twitter that they would like to see me on the show and I wanted to do that. Also, I actually truly love the show.

The character I'm playing, Indigo, is such a badass that I knew I'd have a lot of fun. She's a living, strong-willed super-computer. I've been trying to wrap my head around how to play her, how she spoke and how she moved. I'm learning as I go along. It just unravelled quickly and I was on the set already filming. Once I stepped into her costume and how she looks, which is rather unique, I was able to slowly piece together who she was.

It sounds like Indigo is a bit of a work in progress. In what ways did the comic books and producers help influence your performance?

When I learned that they were offering me the role of Indigo, I looked her up immediately. I saw many different versions of what she looked like and descriptions of who she was, that went in depth so much that they talked about how she enjoys doing her laundry. There's a lot of information out there that you can or can't use. You have to sift through the important facts.

After doing that, I spoke to Andrew Kreisberg, the executive producer on the show. He gave me a few ideas of who Indigo was and how they wanted to see her played. He actually mentioned Angelina Jolie in "Beowulf" and how she portrayed her character. That was really the only direction I was given. I found myself on the set playing her. The weirder I got, I thought, "For sure they are going to tell me I've gone too far. That this is strange, bizarre and doesn't work." They didn't pull back. It's getting weirder and weirder.

Indigo is a purplish blue female alien. How much did they have to tinker with how to bring that image to the small screen?

I can't say a word.

But, you have a costume?

Well, yes, I have wardrobe. They are waiting to reveal how Indigo looks. I don't want to get in any trouble, but I can tell you I'm unrecognizable.

They could have gone the Mystique route and spray painted you. What were your expectations when you initially saw a picture of Indigo?

I did ask them some questions. They assured me I wouldn't be in the hair and makeup chair extensively, and they would try to find their own version of Indigo. I think my concern was, "Am I going to be completely naked?" They assured me of a few things I was concerned about. I'm really excited at what they've created.

You called Indigo a badass. How does she test Supergirl's mettle?

I think just with her sheer presence and confidence. I can't tell you how some of her abilities allow Indigo to outmaneuver Supergirl. She's a new major threat to National City and to Supergirl. I've shot an episode so far. I'm not sure where we're going with the rest of her storyline, but it's definitely been fun. Melissa [Benoist] and I have had a great time shooting it.

Indigo doesn't shy away from physical combat. How do some of "Supergirl's" action sequences compare to your "Smallville" days?

On "Smallville," Kara was more powerful than Superman at the time because he was still figuring his powers out and she was trying to teach him to fly. A lot of my stunts were harness work, which isn't too tasking. On "Bitten," and equally on "Supergirl," it's more hand-to-hand combat and longer fight sequences. That's actually more difficult than just being harnessed up and flying. But, I enjoy doing those things because I grew up doing martial arts. It breaks up the acting day's work where it's long and monotonous and also very grueling. It's nice to mix it up with a little action.

How does playing a supervillain compare to being a do-gooder?

Both are great. I have played a lot of heroes with Elena on "Bitten," as Supergirl on "Smallville" and even Lisa on "V." To be honest, it is a little more fun to play the bad guy because I feel you can step outside of your comfort zone. You can try things that are a little odd and quirky and off. It's a little more liberating than trying to be nice, stick to the rules and stay within the realm of your character's personality. With bad guys, they can always be a little mentally off. You never know what will happen with them.

It seems people have been clamoring for "Smallville's" leading man, Tom Welling, to guest-star on "Supergirl" as well. Would you like to reunite with him on "Supergirl," and in what capacity?

I was actually just hanging out with Tom. A group of us went to Mexico. I had asked him about "Supergirl" and he said he hadn't heard anything on it yet. I know he's been super busy. He has his own show and had a movie come out. He's a great guy and I would love to work with him again in any capacity. It would be nice to go toe-to-toe with him because we have that history.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ass-indigo
- Italia Ricci está lista para hacer ruido como 'Silver Banshee' (CBR):
Italia Ricci está lista para hacer ruido como 'Silver Banshee'
Por Bryan Cairns, 22 Febrero 2016

After half a season filled with a barrage of alien threats, Supergirl's next opponent is one of a more human persuasion, though no less dangerous than those from other planets -- Silver Banshee, a supernatural foe equipped with a sonic wail that kills her victims, is on her way to National City.

A frequent adversary of both Kara and her cousin Superman in the comic books, the "Supergirl" version finds Siobhan Smythe, played by "Chasing Life's" Italia Ricci, as a recent hire by Cat Grant. And, from the sound of it, Siobhan will be up to no good even before becoming a far greater menace as Silver Banshee.

At the time of this interview, Ricci had not yet filmed any scenes in her super-powered incarnation. However, in speaking with CBR News about Siobhan's debut on tonight's episode "Truth, Justice and the American Way," she explained "Supergirl's" take on the character, and promises, "You're going to love to hate her!"

Story continues below

CBR News: How much secrecy surrounded your audition for the role of Silver Banshee?

Italia Ricci: For "Supergirl," I actually didn't audition. It was more of if I was interested in playing this character. I said, "Yeah, it's a supervillain!" I looked her up and she was so cool and had so many things going on. It totally excited me. Who doesn't want to be bad?

Silver Banshee was introduced in the comics as a Superman foe, though she has tangled with Kara as well. What's "Supergirl's" spin on her for television?

They have chosen bits and pieces of her story to stay loyal to. There's so much information, she would need her own show to cover everything's she's been through and everywhere she's going. I feel like they've done her story justice, revealing enough of the history and what she's currently dealing with. I'm interested to see how fans are going to take it.

Does your Siobhan have supernatural roots, or is she a metahuman?

In the show, and in the comics, she's a human who is cursed. They are honoring that.

What were your thoughts on Silver Banshee's ghoulish appearance and how it would translate to television?

I loved it. She's scary, but kind of crazy. She's very powerful and looks the way the name sounds, which is very cool. We've actually had a few different tests to look into the best appearance for the show. She will look like a version of what you are familiar with in the comics. Again, I'm just so excited to see what the fans think.

As a new CatCo employee, what's Siobhan's interaction like with Kara, James and Winn?

She definitely shows up and wreaks havoc on a lot of the relationships the show has spent so many beautiful episodes making important and meaningful. In comes Siobhan, literally like a whirlwind, and cuts all of them up. And professionally, she considers Kara a rival.

How thrilling is it to come in as a guest star for a full arc instead of a stand-alone episode?

It's great. You get to sink your teeth into it, you get to build a relationship with the cast and crew. You get more comfortable and settled. It makes for a better performance. It's also better for the fans to be able to invest in a character and know they are going to be there for a while. It's not, "Oh, I really wish they were still around." It's always good for the story and shaking things up. That's definitely what Siobhan is doing.

Your fiancé, Robbie Amell, plays Firestorm on "The Flash." Do the two of you ever geek out about being part of the DC Cinematic Universe?

We certainly geek out. "In what world are we both superheroes and supervillains?" We're in the same universe, at the same time. We just sort of keep shaking our heads. "Is this real?"

It was recently announced that you are joining Kiefer Sutherland's new television series, "Designated Survivor." What about the project enticed you?

It's a totally different speed. It's a political/drama/thriller where I get to play this no-nonsense, very fast-paced, very smart girl. Emily thinks she deserves to be in the position that she she's in and is worthy of being in that position. It's also like, "Holy crap. What am I doing here?" It's kind of like every time I book a job.

Plus, you get to work alongside Jack Bauer.

Oh, my God. I know. I still don't believe it's real. It's like I somehow snuck a seat at the grown-up table. I'm just trying not to get caught.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... er-banshee
- Italia Ricci dice que Siobhan Smythe ‘siembra caos en todo’ (zap2it):
Italia Ricci dice que Siobhan Smythe ‘siembra caos en todo’
Por Emily Bicks at 07:02 AM Feb 22, 2016

“Supergirl” has a major episode coming up on Monday (Feb. 22) titled, “Truth, Justice and the American Way,” in which not one, but two new villains are introduced to the people of National City. One of them being Master Jailer (played by Jeff Branson) and the other, Siobhan Smythe — a.k.a. Silver Banshee — played by Italia Ricci.

Zap2it got to speak with Ricci about Banshee’s super powers, how many hours she spends in the make-up chair to transform into this evil super hero and how she got into fighting shape right after her rigatoni-filled Christmas break.

Zap2it: Had you read the comics before getting this role?

Italia Ricci: Nope! Afterwards, I first told my brothers, I was like, “Send me everything.” and they started breaking down Banshee for me, which was great.

Silver Banshee has super sonic screams and yells … how was filming that?

It’s fun. I wanted to try and see if I could get a pitch that would be uncomfortable for people … and terrifying and forceful.

Did you actually have to scream?

I didn’t have to and I didn’t always scream or else I would’ve completely lost my voice. I wanted to try a few times to feel what my face is doing when I’m screaming as hard as I can. So I did a few times to get the blood pumping and the veins popping, all that good stuff.

Banshee is also known for speaking multiple languages, will audiences see that?

No. No. Thank God, that would’ve been hard. You will see Siobhan speak a little bit of Gaelic, but that’s all.

What can you tease us about Monday’s episode?

You’re going to really get to know Siobhan before she becomes Banshee. You’re going to see why she’s popped into this world and what she’s looking to accomplish. You’ll see her throw a wrench in all these well-formed relationships. She wreaks havoc on everything.

In particular with Cat and Kara?

Yep. You’ll see her wedge herself into everyone’s life. She going to be a character you’re going to love and hate. She doesn’t really get along with anybody.

What is the make-up process like?

The whole process from top to bottom takes five hours.

Is the outfit, at least, comfortable?

I wouldn’t wear it to lounge around on a Sunday, but it’s got to be free enough to be able to move for fight scenes and it helps me with the character. You put it on and you just start feeling so powerful and bad.

What kind of training did you have to do for the role?

When I found out it was shooting right after Christmas, which was already terrible because I had ate all the rigatoni at my parents’ house! I was like, “Oh, no.”

I looked at pictures and was like that’s the tightest-looking outfit. So, I hired a trainer and started working out in the beginning of the year to try and tighten up. I was so scared of being in a super skintight latex suit. Thankfully, it has to be thick enough to withstand all of the stunts, so I got lucky.
Was it intimidating joining this cast?

Before I got to set, I was actually pretty scared! All these people are so established and everyone is so good and I was like, “I am going to be walking into a bunch of egos.” But truthfully they are all the nicest humans on the planet. I could not believe it. I kept thinking, “Who’s the bad seed? Am I the bad seed? What’s going on here?”

Will Siobhan/Silver Banshee have any romantic relationships?

She’s pretty in love with herself.

Do you have scenes with Master Jailer?

No. But I do have scenes with other villains …

http://zap2it.com/2016/02/supergirl-ita ... r-banshee/

- Branson es Juez, Jurado y verdugo como 'Master Jailer' (CBR):
Branson es Juez, Jurado y verdugo como 'Master Jailer'
Por Bryan Cairns, 22 Feb 2016

Supergirl, the last daughter of Krypton, possesses superhuman strength, flight and heat vision to aid in her quest for justice. She's used these assets to track down fugitives from the Phantom Zone prison Fort Rozz after it was destroyed following a crash landing on earth. This week she'll encounter someone who wants to do more than catch the escaped prisoners on CBS's "Supergirl."

When Master Jailer (Jeff Branson) arrives on the scene during tonight's all-new episode, "Truth, Justice and the American Way," he'll seek to capture the escapees -- and then exterminate them. His own super-strength and an arsenal of gadgets, traps and weapons -- including his deadly animated chains -- mean Supergirl may have finally met her match when they find themselves on opposite sides of law and the moral divide.

Ahead of his debut on tonight's episode, Branson spoke with CBR News about Master Jailer's agenda, his super-powered bag of tricks, partnering with Supergirl and his unexpected connection to her mother.

Story continues below

CBR News: Most television viewers are probably in the dark when it comes to Master Jailer. Who is he and what is he capable of?

Jeff Branson: It depends on what incarnation you are talking about. You could go with the original lore of the fat kid that lost weight. When I was doing my homework, there were different backgrounds. If the Jailer does come around again, we're going to find his powers unfolding one at a time. In this incarnation, he is capable of a lot more than we see because of his affiliation with the yellow sun. He is formidable and technologically advanced. He has a smart mind and a strong body. He has a laser-sharp resolution about what has to be done. He's very specific.

What initially causes Master Jailer and Supergirl to clash?

He's finishing the good work started by Alura [Laura Benanti]. He's wrangling up these aliens. His form of justice is different than Supergirl's. They cross paths going after the same target. Once they encounter each other, there's a misunderstanding that the Jailer has. He feels there should be a partnership here. "We should work together. We're doing the same thing." It grows from there, but the Jailer's confusion is they could be allies. But Supergirl obviously sees him as a sociopathic, serial killing alien.

His weapon of choice is chains. What makes the ones he carries extraordinary?

The chains are an extension of his arms, fingers and mind. They don't just fall, dangle and whip around like normal chains do. They can go where he dictates. Let's just say they have a mind of their own, but it's his mind.

Were the chains computer generated or did you have to learn to master the real deal?

No, no. I had to whip some real ones about. Obviously, when it comes down to whipping real ones around Melissa's neck, that's not going to happen, so that's CG. But Melissa [Benoist], to her ultimate credit, is such an ass-kicking gal. She was down for whatever. She was down for the long hours and she was down to get it right. There were many plastic versions of the chains wrapped around her neck.

Did you have any mishaps because chains can be difficult to handle?

Several. It came to be where we had to move to a separate spot. The conflict is the director wants one thing and the director of photography knows something else is going to happen. Then, you have the guy in the suit trying to throw these chains around. We had to stop a couple of times, and, to their credit, they sat there and figured out how they were going to get it done in post-production if it didn't work out the way they wanted. It was difficult.

What was it like getting your very own costume and how did it help channel your character?

It was a childhood dream. There are two things most male actors want to do. They want to be on a superhero series and they want to be in a Western. To get your own suit made for you based on a comic book, and to be a very badass villain, is a dream come true. They did such a thoughtful job of putting the costume together because I assumed it was going to be a two-hour dressing every day, and it wasn't. We got in and out of it in about 20 minutes. They literally sculpted it to my body, which was worth every minute of the hours and hours we did of fittings. It came on and off easily and it's very form-fitting. When the tight suit is around you, it changes your entire body and disposition. You feel like you have more leverage, more weight and you're more grounded. It changed the character and the voice. It lends itself to the performance quite a bit.

The series doesn't hold back when it comes to the action. How much of that physicality did you get to enjoy?

As much as I could, until they told me I couldn't do anymore. I'm down to doing all my own stunts, but, obviously, you can't. The fight sequences on this show are incredible. You clearly can't do all your own fight choreography because it's just not safe for the actors. I did as much as they allowed me, but Lexi Alexander, the director of the episode, is a powerhouse. Given her background, she wanted more combat, more physicality. When you up the stakes and the ante, we had to bring people in to finish some of the shots.

What else can you tease about Master Jailer's debut and recurring arc?

Given how well the Jailer knew Kara's mother -- and given the work that he's doing and the fact they can run parallels in the Supergirl moments, but do it in very different ways -- there's going to be a backboard to spring ideas off of. I think she's going to have intellectual conversations. He's going to tell her stories about her mother. Whether she wants it or not, there's a potential for closeness -- an uncomfortable closeness. It's not anything romantic, I'm just saying from her history and past that she's unaware of.

There could be endless stories shared. There could also be a lot of the Jailer working at Supergirl, not to manipulate her, because he believes in what he's doing, but to try and win her over to his side of how justice should be perceived, and what she's doing isn't just. It's just throwing a band-aid on it. The problem needs to be eliminated. And, then obviously, when your words don't work anymore, there could be a great fight scene between them.

Master Jailer is targeting Fort Rozz escapees. How important will it be for him to eventually snag Laura Vandervoort's Indigo?

It's probably on the top of his list to be honest. I would assume in the future when we see the Jailer again -- and given his history -- he's also a master escape artist. If he was captured, we wouldn't expect him to be locked up for long. At that time, I think who he would go after next would be Indigo.

They don't call him Master Jailer for nothing. What were some of your favorite prisons or traps that he employed?

Without giving too much away, wait until you see my ship. He has a very interesting incarceration/elimination process. For imprisoning people, the chains and the gauntlets are key. They direct people and open things. The chains are pretty imposing and good for imprisoning.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ter-jailer

- Laura Vandervoort: Melissa Benoist es la "Supergirl que quería ver todo el tiempo" (thr):
Laura Vandervoort: Melissa Benoist es la "Supergirl que quería ver todo el tiempo"
Por Sydney Bucksbaum 25 Feb, 2016 2:43pm PT

Laura Vandervoort has officially passed the Supergirl mantle to Melissa Benoist.

After donning Supergirl's cape on The WB/CW's Smallville for six seasons, Vandervoort is set to guest-star on the CBS drama Monday, where she'll take on DC Comics villain Indigo.

"It's definitely a switch of roles, but that's what I liked most about Indigo," Vandervoort tells THR. "She's almost a polar opposite of Supergirl and that's what was so fun about playing her."

For the actress, seeing Melissa Benoist take on her former role as the DC Comics character was exciting — largely because CBS' Greg Berlanti/Ali Adler drama goes much deeper into comic book mythology than Smallville did.

"This is a completely different version of Supergirl than we had on Smallville," Vandervoort says. "On Smallville, Kara was an adolescent, immature version of Supergirl. She thought she knew it all and thought she could take care of things on her own, not to mention she didn't wear the tights and the cape. It was pre-Supergirl, whereas on this show, Melissa is playing the character from the comics. She's trying to figure out her powers and her place in this world. It's almost more like a Clark Kent character, where she's working a day job and wears the glasses and that whole thing."

While Benoist is able to go full Supergirl, that's not something Vandervoort has any regret about missing out on during her tenure on Smallville.

"Getting to see any actress wearing the tights and the cape was pretty cool for me because I didn't get the opportunity to do that on Smallville. We're finally getting a series about Supergirl where you see her in her full glory, in her costume, and I'm so proud of this show and what they've done with the character."

When Vandervoort showed up on set to film her episode, that was actually the first time she met Benoist despite publicly voicing her support back when the Glee alum first landed the major role.

"I was just excited that this show finally got its day because there was talk eight years ago about doing a Supergirl series and it just didn't happen," Vandervoort says. "This is exactly how I imagined a Supergirl series back then. Meeting Melissa on my first day was great. We hit it off and started comparing notes about how I had done it vs. what she's doing. My version was much more of a child and was kind of bratty. But now I love what they've done, she's much more a mature person who is learning as she goes and she doesn't have it all together yet while she's saving the day and discovering her own strength. This is the Supergirl I wanted to see all along."

"Indigo can transport via the internet and technology, which makes her equally dangerous in the digital form as she is in the physical form," Vandervoort says. "That causes trouble for Kara because she can't always get a grasp on Indigo since she's able to disappear through any technology and pop up just as quickly. And she has a unique connection to Kara's past which will be revealed in this episode."

As for what to expect from Monday's hour, Vandervoort says Kara isn't the only one with a surprising connection to Indigo.

"She is also connected with Non [Chris Vance] and his larger plan," Vandervoort says. "There's a lot happening and a lot to be revealed. You don't quite know what her purpose is and why she's showing up right now, but she first appears when she hacks into an Ashley Madison sort of website and leaks client info to Cat [Calista Flockhart]. She just creates widespread panic in the city."

Back when Smallville was on the air, it was the only show of its kind. But five years later, the TV landscape is overflowing with comic book shows — including three more DC series produced by Berlanti. Asked if Smallville would still be the same show if it was on today, Vandervoort doesn't think much would have changed.

"Smallville had its own mood and vibe and that worked for the show because it was about the characters before they were truly who they were destined to be," Vandervoort says. "Clark's [Tom Welling] world was on the Kent farm and his job at the newspaper. And of course the show changed over the course of 10 years but I don’t think it would change if it were on the air today to fit into the time. I think it still would fit as is. There are so many superhero shows on television that are glossy and high-action and I think Smallville would have fit right in with those but it would have had its own niche."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ssa-869708

- Laura Vandervoort habla sobre el regresar al mundo de "Supergirl" (ksitetv):
Laura Vandervoort habla sobre el regresar al mundo de "Supergirl"
Por Craig Byrne 26 Feb, 2016

Nine years ago, Super-fans were first introduced to Laura Vandervoort, who burst onto the scene as TV’s first Supergirl starting with the seventh season of The CW’s Smallville. To borrow the title of Laura’s earlier series, Vandervoort was an instant star, quickly embraced by the show’s fan base, much like Melissa Benoist has been for her portrayal as Kara.

Laura, who is currently starring in the third and final season of her series Bitten which airs on Syfy, makes her debut opposite a different Supergirl as she plays “Indigo” in the Supergirl episode “Solitude.” The role is said to be a recurring one, and we’ve seen some photos of what we can expect in addition to a trailer. We spoke with Laura this week about this role that is making her the first major Smallville veteran to appear on Supergirl on CBS.

“I was actually at the Saturn Awards last year presenting and ran into Andrew [Kreisberg], one of the Executive Producers on the series,” Vandervoort recalled about the genesis of her appearing on the new show. “He told me that they would love to have me come join the cast at some point, and I was obviously excited about that opportunity,” she continued. A few characters came up as possibilities for Laura to play, but Laura was already committed and busy shooting Season Three of Bitten at the time. Once Bitten wrapped, the character of Indigo popped up. “Timing was right and Indigo sounded like a fun new challenge. Returning to the DC world is something I have been wanting to do for a while, plus returning as a villain is exactly how I wanted to do it,” Laura said.

So who is Indigo, exactly? “Indigo is a living strong willed supercomputer,” Laura explained. “She was sentenced to Fort Rozz after turning against the people of Krypton. Indigo is able to transport through technology, which makes her a dangerous nemesis for Supergirl. She has strong connections to Kara and her past, as well as to Non and his future plans,” she revealed. When we first meet Indigo, she causes trouble by hacking into an Ashley Madison type website and leaking the client list to Cat. Her ultimate goal is not yet known, but it will be revealed in the episode. “She is such a rival for Supergirl that Supergirl is forced to go to the Fortress of Solitude to learn how she can fight and defeat her,” Laura told us.

While we do see Laura’s natural look at the beginning of Supergirl’s “Solitude” episode, we quickly see Indigo’s natural form, a “blue and angry” look that fans have noticed as having a bit of a resemblance to the X-Men’s Mystique. For the full hair and makeup look for Indigo, it would take 3-4 hours, but the show has gotten it down to three. A prosthetic is on Laura’s forehead with three LED lights, with a bald cap, a blue makeup, and a wig on top. “I actually did a time lapse video of the entire process the first time we did it and hope to release it Monday after the episode,” Laura teased.

Considering Laura’s Super past, you’d expect some references or nods to her time on Smallville, though Laura told us that there are no specific references. However, she is sure that fans will have their own opinions, perhaps drawing parallels from some of the dialogue and it relating to her time as Supergirl. She also won’t spoil us by saying if she, Melissa Benoist, and the show’s other veteran Supergirl, Helen Slater, have shot scenes together, but did describe Melissa as “great.”

“I really love how she portrays Supergirl and what the show has done with the character. We have had a lot of fun working together so far,” she said, adding that she was pleased and thought it was “about time” for there to be a Supergirl series on television. “I am excited that we are at a place now where superhero shows are at the forefront and female superheroes are leading the way,” she enthused.

“Being cast as Supergirl on Smallville was the beginning of a lot of growth for me,” Laura recalled of her own time as the ‘Maid of Might.’ “Smallville was somewhat of a training ground for me as an actor and an individual. It has allowed me to go to comic conventions and meet with fans. It allowed me to develop this fanbase that has been so great and loyal to me. This genre has also led the way for other character choices I have made. Playing an iconic superhero on television was a great honor,” she said.

What does Laura have coming up next?

The third and final season of Bitten, the series that Laura stars in as female werewolf Elena Michaels, airs Mondays at 11PM on the Syfy cable network. Additionally, Laura is working on a children’s TV series that she is executive producing and creating called “Super Duper Deelia.”

“I had written the book years ago as a template for a series of books; however, the consensus was that it needed to be a TV series. So we are now creating a live-action kids show. This is my first time behind the camera and it’s been quite a journey and learning process. We are still working on getting it off the ground, but I am very excited for all that is in store,” she said.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/interview-la ... supergirl/

- Laura Vandervoort sobre el luchar contra Supergirl como 'Indigo' de DC (IGN):
Laura Vandervoort sobre el luchar contra Supergirl como 'Indigo' de DC
Eric Goldman 26 Feb 2016

DC Comics villain Indigo makes her debut on Monday’s Supergirl played by a very notable guest star – Laura Vandervoort, who kicks off a new recurring role on the CBS series.

Vandervoort of course played Kara/Supergirl on Smallville, and now fans will get to see her onscreen -- and battling -- Melissa Benoist, the current incarnation of the Girl of Steel.

I spoke to Vandervoort about what to expect from Indigo, the makeup process involved, working with Benoist and more.

IGN: Fans were very excited to hear you’re going to make your first appearance on Supergirl. What were your first conversations like with the producers about showing up on the series?

Laura Vandervoort: I met Andrew [Kreisberg] at the Saturn Awards last year and he introduced himself as one of the executive producers of the show. I thought it was fantastic that the show was being done and he said they’d love to have me be a part of the series at some point. Of course I was all in for that and I think there was a few characters they were considering me for but I was shooting the final season of Bitten and as soon as it was complete, Indigo popped up. Training-wise and character-wise, everything sort of synchronized and I was excited to play her. I didn’t actually have a full on conversation with the producers because I just entirely trust what they’re doing with the show and I knew the character would be great.

I looked her up and did some research on my own and when I did speak to Andrew he said they wanted her to have a sense of humor but she’s also very sexual, in a way, with the characters, to get what she wants; almost like Angelina Jolie in Beowulf was his example on how to play her. But they let me go with the flow and play the character. A lot of the character came from watching my stunt girl the first day and watching her move and how they’d chosen to have Indigo fight and that’s how I made her move and how I want her to be.

IGN: The description for the episode says that she has a connection to Kara’s past. What can you say about this version of Indigo when we meet her?

Vandervoort: I think you’ve seen the photos, so you know Indigo is blue! [Laughs] Very different looking. She can transport via the internet and technology which makes her dangerous in both physical form and digital form, which is a huge threat to Supergirl, because she can’t always get her hands on her. Indigo can disappear at the drop of a hat and show up in the same way. You don’t know why she shows up but she’s there to cause some trouble. She first causes trouble by hacking an Ashley Madison-style website and linking the info to Cat. And yes, she has a unique connection to Kara, which will be revealed in the episode. She also has a connection to Non and his larger plan.

IGN: You mentioned the look. What did you think about putting on the makeup and the costume?

Vandervoort: They did a great job. As I said I had looked her up online and wasn’t quite sure which version we were going with. Andrew had said, “Don’t worry we’re not doing fully head to toe paint,” and I was like, “I like to wear clothes! That would be appreciated.” What they came up with was pretty badass and looks great and suits the character and how I wanted to play Indigo. The hair and makeup process is about three to four hours. We’ve gotten it down closer to three. It’s a prosthetic on my forehead with LED lights and the battery is back behind the wig and blue paint. It’s the strangest look I’ve had as an actor.

IGN: Comic fans were quick to note the nods to Brainiac in the costume, which ties into her comic book origin. Anything you can say as to whether or not that’s going to be explicitly mentioned?

Vandervoort: There’s a possibility but that’s all I can say. [Laughs] Don’t get me in trouble here, Eric!

IGN: What was it like working with Melissa and having this shared history of playing different versions of this character?

Vandervoort: It’s great. Melissa is fantastic. We hit it off right away on the first day, laughing about a few things and the predicament we found ourselves in in our first scene we were sharing together. It’s not the order you see it in the episode, but our first scene was very close, if you will, so we were laughing about that. We didn’t really share any Supergirl stories. We did talk about the amount of stunts involved with the character and how different my version was to hers. It’s just a nice nod to the sci-fi audience and to the comic book fans to have us both in the same scenes.

IGN: There's a nice legacy tradition with Superman-related stories – Even the first Christopher Reeve movie included cameos from the 1940s serials and the 1950’s TV show. Is that cool for you now to be part of that and part of this history related to all these characters, and that it is important to a lot of fans to get to see you on this series?

Vandervoort: Oh yeah, it’s actually a big honor. We had Christopher Reeve on Smallville before it was involved, and it was sort of his nod of approval to that show. Now myself and Helen Slater and Dean Cain all get to be involved in the Supergirl series. This genre is fantastic. The fans are loyal to us and we want to be loyal to them. Being a part of another Supergirl series and being back in the DC world was important to me for those fans who supported me during Smallville and after Smallville. Playing the first Supergirl character on television back then was terrifying because people could really rebel on playing the character and they didn’t. They really welcomed me and that’s a big reason why I wanted to be a part of the new series.

IGN: You just had me remembering that the first time we spoke was at Comic-Con, when you were going into your debut on Smallville.

Vandervoort: Yep! Gosh, I was just told that was eight years ago. Can you believe that? We’re getting old!

IGN: [Laughs] No, I can't believe that! You mentioned Helen Slater, and I love the idea of potentially getting a scene with you, Melissa, and Helen. Would you like to get all the live-action Supergirls together?

Vandervoort: That would be pretty iconic and a big moment for me. I would love to do that. Hopefully they get an opportunity to. I don’t know. I’ve still got some more shooting to do. So that’s where I’ll leave that comment!
Supergirl: Indigo (Laura Vandervoort) Makes Her Debut
00:58

IGN: Besides Melissa, are there other actors you’re getting to work with on the show? We have seen a clip of you without the make-up at some point.

Vandervoort: Yes, there is a brief moment where you do see her in a more human looking form and hopefully people will realize it is me later on. I do interact with some of the other characters, Winn especially, because he’s their tech guy and I travel through technology. I do have some scenes with him, Alex, James, and even some scenes with Hank. She’s making her way through the characters’ storylines trying to wreak havoc.

IGN: There's fan speculation on what the introduction of the multiverse on The Flash -- which is allowing the Flash/Supergirl crossover -- could mean in the big picture, and if perhaps even Smallville characters could come back in some form down the line. Would that be exciting for you to play your Kara interacting with these characters via the magic of the multiverse?

Vandervoort: That could be great as well, but I kind of like the fact that I’m returning to the DC world as a different character. I can’t speak for everyone on Smallville butwe’ve played those characters, especially Tom [Welling] and Allison [Mack]… They played those characters for ten years and might not want to revisit that. I don’t know. I think now that I’ve played Indigo, I think it’d be a little less likely that I’d be there as my version of Kara, but who knows?

IGN: Is it fun to explore your villainous side as Indigo?

Vandervoort: Of course! It’s always fun to be bad. I’ve never gotten to play a character that was this methodical and slimy before. I’ve played bad characters for sure, but she’s just a creation of her own. She’s got this sense of humor to her that’s dark and a lot of fun. Playing a villain you get to explore every possible emotion within three sentences because you’re mentally unstable. So I’ve been finding new, fun ways to do things.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/27/ ... dcs-indigo#

- ¡Laura Vandervoort sobre el luchar contra Supergirl (mientras que envidia su traje)! Plus: su opinión sobre las opciones de renovación de "Bitten" (TVLine):
¡Laura Vandervoort sobre el luchar contra Supergirl (mientras que envidia su traje)! Plus: su opinión sobre las opciones de renovación de "Bitten"
Por Rebecca Iannucci / 29 Feb 2016, 7:00 AM PST

It’s going to be a very busy Monday for Laura Vandervoort.

Not only will tonight’s TV lineup bring a showdown between Elena and the Russian Alpha Roman on Bitten (Syfy, 11/10c), but Vandervoort will return to her comic-book roots when she makes her Supergirl debut (CBS, 8/7c).

This is just one of several meta moments that Supergirl has facilitated in its first season. Dean Cain (a former Superman) and Helen Slater (a onetime Supergirl) pop up occasionally as Kara Danvers’ adoptive parents on the CBS series, and Vandervoort herself played Kara Zor-El on The WB/CW’s Smallville.

TVLine caught up with the actress in advance of her first Supergirl episode, where she’ll kick off a recurring run as super-computer villain Indigo.

Read on for intel on what Vandervoort thinks of the CBS series overall, how her Kara Zor-El costume compares to Melissa Benoist’s and what Bitten fans can expect from the imminent Elena/Roman face-off.

TVLINE | Even eight years ago, when you were playing Kara on Smallville, there were rumblings about an eventual Supergirl series. Is what CBS is doing in line with what you imagined?
One hundred percent, yes. When we were working on Smallville, it wasn’t officially discussed, but I had heard rumblings as well about a series being done. The timing wasn’t right. There were the 90210s and Melrose Place-type shows. And I’m just glad that now we’re seeing the ability to have a female superhero leading the way. Other superhero shows are doing so well right now, and I think that’s due to sci-fi having such incredible characters. It allows an audience to escape for a while, and sci-fi and comic book fans are so dedicated to these characters. The fact that we have a Supergirl series now — it’s brilliant. They’re doing a fantastic job, and it’s exactly what I would have imagined the show to be. She’s not perfect, she’s strong in finding her way. That’s all we need to see in female superheroes. They’re not going to have it all figured out, and I love what CBS has done with the direction of the character.

TVLINE | I have to imagine you’re a little envious of Melissa Benoist’s costume compared to your Kara outfit. At least she has tights!
[Laughs] She’s got an awesome costume. She’s got the muscle padding and the cape and the whole nine yards, even the “S.” On Smallville, mine wasn’t quite as workable. [Laughs] It was jean shorts and a belly shirt. And again, that was a part of the time and the style of Supergirl that we were portraying, which was a young, rebellious, teen Supergirl who thinks she has it all figured out. I didn’t have the cape, so I was actually in [Melissa’s] wardrobe and touched the cape just to feel the weight of it. It’s a really, really cool costume, and she wears it well.

TVLINE | A lot of Supergirl viewers will be aware of your history with the character of Kara. Can they expect any wink-and-nod references to your experience on Smallville?
There’s no specific reference, but I’m sure there are lines that people can [use to] draw parallels to me having played her before. I’m sure everyone’s going to find something in there, even if it’s not intended.

TVLINE | Your hair and makeup look incredible for the role of Indigo. How long does it take to transform into her?
The hair and makeup process is three to four hours. I actually took a time-lapse video of the process, which I hope to release [this] week. I really felt the character coming together as the makeup went on, and I became more blue. That’s where I directed how I’m playing her. I watched our stunt girl and how she moved, as well as putting on the suit and the whole nine yards. It transformed me. It’s actually a prosthetic on my forehead with three LED lights. That goes on first, and then the bald cap, and then I’m completely painted blue and the wig goes on. It’s not a difficult process, it’s just lights that have to go on and off under the wig. It’s actually a fairly comfortable suit — just not a lot of room to breathe. [Laughs]

TVLINE | Most of Supergirl‘s Villains of the Week are disposed of within the hour. Since your character is recurring, can you say how difficult it will be for Kara to defeat Indigo?
She’s a pretty great nemesis for Supergirl. She’s matched in strength, and the fact that she’s able to transport through the Internet and technology makes her hard to grab. She can pop up at any point, anywhere. She can move through computers to get to people on the other side. There’s that extra quality to her that Supergirl can’t always handle. And Supergirl actually goes to the Fortress of Solitude to try to find a way and learn how to properly fight Indigo, because she is so frustrated with the fact that she can’t defeat her.

TVLINE | It’s been rumored that you were in talks for a few other Supergirl roles, but your shooting schedule for Bitten prevented those from happening. What roles were you considered for?
I had actually heard that later on. I was shooting Bitten at the time, so my team didn’t tell me about the other roles because I wasn’t even available, and I probably would have wanted to play them all anyway. [Laughs] Timing-wise, it just worked out that as soon as we wrapped Season 3 of Bitten, Indigo popped up. I fell in love with her. I looked her up and loved the fact that I look nothing like myself, especially since the Smallville days. With this being Supergirl, I wanted to be different. I wanted to be bad. Indigo was the perfect timing and the perfect character. But I did hear there were other characters that they were trying to get me in for.

TVLINE | Speaking of Bitten, what can you tease about the big showdown with Roman?
You can expect to see Elena in a position she’s never been in before, in terms of power and strength. You do find out a secret about Roman and [Elena’s] relation to Roman. We had some really tough scenes, and you really see Elena taking a stance you’ve never seen before.

TVLINE | Canada’s Space Channel is touting this as the final season, but Syfy conspicuously isn’t. Is there a chance it could go on?
If I did [know anything], I couldn’t say. [Laughs] It’s always fair to say that no show is ever really dead if the fans love it enough. You would always hope the door is still slightly open to do something else in a different realm or different way. We love the show and characters so much that that would be a hope for us. You never know, but the fans have created a hashtag, #HowlForMore, trying to get another season.

http://tvline.com/2016/02/29/laura-vand ... ew-bitten/

- Supergirl: La antigua Maiden of Might Laura Vandervoort sobre el taer a la vida a la villana Indigo (EW):
Supergirl: La antigua Maiden of Might Laura Vandervoort sobre el taer a la vida a la villana Indigo
Por Natalie Abrams 29 Feb 2016

Monday’s episode of Supergirl may have you seeing double. And no, Bizarro Girl isn’t returning.

Laura Vandervoort, who portrayed Supergirl on Smallville, kicks off a multi-episode arc as the supervillain Indigo, who was sentenced to Fort Rozz after turning on the people of Krypton. Below, the actress discusses returning to the world of DC, sharing the screen with another Supergirl, and the perks of going dark:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What was it like stepping back into the world of Supergirl?
LAURA VANDERVOORT: It was great. I played Supergirl years and years ago, but being asked to be a part of the Supergirl series was really something I was excited about. I had seen the show and was really excited when I heard the casting news for it. Stepping into the DC world again, but as a villain, was a nice change for me and something I was excited about.

What can you tell us about Indigo?
Indigo is actually a living, strong-willed supercomputer. She’s a villain that’s able to transport via the Internet. She’s equally as dangerous digitally as she is physically in her form. She’s actually showing up to cause trouble for Supergirl, but we don’t quite know what her goals are at this point. You’ll find out later on. How she shows up is she hacks an Ashley Madison sort of website and leaks the client info to Cat [Calista Flockhart]. You also find out that she’s got a unique connection to Kara’s past, which will be revealed in the episode.

What is Indigo’s dynamic like with Kara (Melissa Benoist) in the present?
Kara, at this point, doesn’t know what Indigo’s true intention is, but she does have to travel to the Fortress of Solitude to learn how to fight Indigo. It’s something she’s never come across before and she’s figuring it out as she goes. She’s an equal strength to Supergirl at some point throughout the episodes.

Is there anything you can tease of why she was imprisoned on Fort Rozz?
I can’t. I like to believe she is the most dangerous of the Fort Rozz villains, but I don’t think I’m able to say why she was there. That’s something you’ll find out in the coming episodes that she’s in.

In the comics, she’s a version of Brainiac, which is funny because we saw Brainiac on Smallville. How does she compare to that one?
Actually, on Smallville as well, I had an episode where I played Brainiac. It’s a different version for sure. Similar to how it was different on Smallville, Supergirl the series has a different take on the characters, which I think is great; it’s time for a change. It’s definitely a different version than we saw on Smallville.

What kind of interaction does she have with the other characters on the show?
She does have interactions with a few characters on the show, Winn [Jeremy Jordan] included, because he’s the tech guy of the series, but there’s also some interactions with James Olsen [Mehcad Brooks], Alex Danvers [Chyler Leigh], even with Hank [David Harewood] and Cat, in a way; not directly. I got a chance to play with everyone on the show. It’s been a lot of fun. I’m really trying to find the unique qualities in Indigo. A lot of the character is driven by how she looks. It’s the first time that the exterior has impacted the interior for me as a character, where once I put the suit on and saw how the stunt girl moved, I realized that was the character of Indigo — very calculated and very specific.

What was that makeup process like?
Goodness. It’s about three to four hours. It’s my first time doing this extensive hair, makeup, prosthetics, wig, the whole nine yards. It’s cool. It really transforms everything about what I’m doing. It was fun to feel that change as the blue went on, as the wig went on and then you put the suit on. It’s definitely a whole new world.

There’s talk of a scene between all three Supergirls, with you, Melissa, and Helen Slater. What was that like to shoot?
I can’t tell you because I haven’t done that yet, so I don’t know if that’s actually going to be the case. I have another episode to go, so we’ll see. Hopefully that comes up.

Have you at least been swapping Supergirl stories with Melissa?
A little bit. On our first day of shooting, we were just talking about the majority of stunts that we’ve both had to do, and what kind of stunts I was doing on Smallville versus what she’s been doing. This is an entirely different Supergirl, so if she wanted to discuss any of it, I’d be happy to, but we were really just talking about the wire work, green screen and that sort of thing. She’s doing a great job.

In the comics, Indigo was a superheroine-turned-villain, so could she possibly turn good and align with Supergirl?
I think there’s always that possibility with comic-book characters. They can switch sides rather quickly depending on what works best for them. Indigo is such a conniving character that I think she would do whatever works for her. Not to say she will or won’t switch sides, but she’s definitely on the bad side at this point.

Was it nice for you to tap into the evil side this time around?
Oh yeah. I always believe it’s a little more fun to play bad. Although I’ve played my share of good characters, this I’m able to have more fun with. It’s a whole array of emotions for her, because she is so slimy that, at a point, she’s got a sense of humor to her, but she’s also very evil and dark. I get to play all the realms of emotion with Indigo. If you’re playing a good character, you really can’t go dark very often. It’s been pretty fun. I’m having a blast figuring out her personality.

What’s been your favorite part of playing this character?
There’s a lot of things about her that I’ve been enjoying. Just her mysterious presence and the fact that she uses a bit of her sexuality to get what she wants, but in a very strong, alpha sort of way. It’s been fun working with other actors and figuring out physically how she’s going to move around them to get what she wants.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/29/su ... ort-indigo?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 1.15 "Solitude":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 1.16 "Falling":
1.16 "Falling" (14-03-16): Kara se vuelve en contra de sus amigos y de los ciudadanos de National City tras haber sido expuesta a la Kriptonita Roja, que la hace maliciosa y peligrosa. También, Cat aparece en THE TALK para hablar sobreto Supergirl. Estrellas invitadas: Jenna Dewan-Tatum (Lucy Lane), Peter Facinelli (Maxwell Lord), Italia Ricci (Siobhan Smythe), Briana Venskus (Agent Vasquez), Tawny Cypress (Senator Miranda Crane); Aisha Tyler, Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, and Sheryl Underwood de The Talk; Kitana Turnbull (Costumed Girl); Kylierae Condon (Mean Girl); y Dan Warner (Fire Captain). Con historia de Rachel Shukert y guiñon de Anna Musky-Goldwyn y James DeWille. Escrito por Robert Rovner & Jessica Queller y dirigido por Larry Teng.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/supergirl-fa ... nite-more/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes bts de la S1 (22 Feb-06 Marzo 2016):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@BlakeBerris: Discussing a scene with @jeffbranson and the lovely @chy_leigh and @Lexialex on @supergirlcbs #LexiTakesFlight
@BlakeBerris: Me and my stunt double. #supergirl - If you had a twin I would still choose you
@LexiAlex: Supergirl stunt coordinator John Medlen is amazing
@LexiAlex: We may have had some fun on that set @MelissaBenoist @chy_leigh #Supergirl
@leanneaguilera: When your best friend also happens to be a Banshee...
@davidharewood: Text Time. @chy_leigh @supergirlofficial
@aliadler: Just when you thought you'd seen everything. @italiaricci #silverbanshee ears a dill pickle. #Supergirl
@tengstagram: The man inside the suit. A true class act and worthy of real superhero status. @davidharewood @supergirlofficial #supergirl
@peterfacinelli: I think Melissa's dog Milli is super shy. #Supergirl
@mehcadbrooks: Supergirls unite! It's Kara and Zara. #supergirl @supergirlofficial @perfectevents
@aliadler: Fried chicken is like a night donut. @melissabenoist @supergirlcbs
@mehcadbrooks: Don't take him out of that. @jeremymjordan belongs in a straight-jacket. #supergirl
@mehcadbrooks: Stronger together. @melissabenoist and @jeremymjordan are like family to me
@chy_leigh: This girl... She's got my heart. A true sister and a great friend. Pretty badass, too! #grateful #danverssisters #Supergirl @melissabenoist
@aliadler: Everybody wake up! Half an hour until an all new #SUPERGIRL #supgirl @melissabenoist hardest working woman in the galaxy
@DavidHarewood: All done. #LastShot #MartianManhunter @supergirlcbs
@justmakeupandstuff: What happens when you kiss #indigo ...well, you might turn #blue so watch tonights episode oF SUPERGIRL @supervandie #supergirl
@davidharewood: Henshaw takes a moment. @supergirlofficial #martianmanhunter
@hare_ink: #Indigo #Supergirl #OnSet #SetLife #DC #Villains #behindthescenes #betweentakes #LaurenVandervoort #GirlsOfDC
@justmakeupandstuff: #alien from last nights episode of #supergirl made by #supergirlmakeupteam #autonomousfxlab design by me and @jcollinsmakeup
@justmakeupandstuff: Just doing what i love! Working onwith beautiful and wonderful people. #indigo #supergirl
@justmakeupandstuff: Nightshoot! Lets do this! Almost done with #supergirl shooting. Makes me a little sad. I love everyone on this show. Very #grateful for this gig
@laurabenanti: Back in the kryptonian saddle
@laurabenanti: Livin that green screen life
@mehcadbrooks: Work vibes. #jimmyolsen
@tengstagram: Pontificating. Greetings from day three of the season finale. #supergirl @supergirlofficial @mehcadbrooks
@davidharewood: The Martian. @supergirlcbs #Supgirl #Supergirl #Manhunter
@peterfacinelli: In my trailer waiting to work on #supergirl. #chillinlikeasupervillain #maxwellLord
@sterlinggates: A MASSIVE thank you to @MelissaBenoist @AliAdler @AJKreisberg for the #Supergirl set visit!!! Best birthday ever.
@supervandie: Face mold preparing to become Indigo. #BTS #FaceMold #Claustrophobic @supergirlofficial #NoseBreathing
@supervandie: This is what is under all the blue. @supergirlofficial #Indigo
@aliadler: Private rehearsal @MelissaBenoist #SUPERGIRL supergirlcbs
@DavidHarewood: Pushing on. Finale shooting. #SuperCrew @supergirlcbs #Supgirl
@DavidHarewood: The Super Crew hard at it. @supergirlcbs #Nightshoot
@tengstagram: BTS shooting the exterior of the Fortress from Ep 1.15 SOLITUDE. #supergirl
@davidharewood: Let's Go. @supergirlcbs #NextLocation
@tengstagram: You could say there's just a little bit of fire happening on set tonight. #supergirl
@tengstagram: Indigo. She so cray. #supergirl @supergirlofficial @supervandie
@aliadler: Making a super season finale with super director @tengstagram behind the finder. #supercrew #SUPERGIRL @supergirlcbs
@justmakeupandstuff: They woke up like this!!! @melissabenoist and @chy_leigh It is THANKS to @skyniceland that our leading ladies and many more here on @supergirlofficial
@davidharewood: Manhunter. @supergirlcbs #Supgirl #Supergirl
@aliadler: Oops. She laser visioned a hole right through this one. #sundayfunday #SUPERGIRL @MelissaBenoist
@peterfacinelli: #Hallofshame #supergirl
@peterfacinelli: Filming today. Easy like Sunday Morning)

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Nuevo video bts de Italia Ricci como 'Silver Banshee' (23-02-16):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCHAsX2BVRk/

- Videos bts de la transformación de Laura Vandervort en 'Indigo' (29-02-16):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCZVESCqL7v ... ndie&hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCZcN-pKL2m ... ndie&hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCeUZmQqLwd ... ndie&hl=en
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEO6xMo1w0I

- Videos bts de David Harewood y el elenco en el rodaje de "Supergirl" (06-03-16):

https://www.periscope.tv/DavidHarewood/1MnGnbbDylyGO
https://www.periscope.tv/DavidHarewood/1LyGBmYMaDMKN
https://www.periscope.tv/DavidHarewood/1zqKVnoZRedKB
https://www.periscope.tv/DavidHarewood/1ypJdyeyjNyxW
http://supergirl.tv/bts-video-w-david-harewood

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- SUPERGIRL | 1.15 "Solitude" Promo #1:

- SUPERGIRL | 1.15 "Solitude" Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKe_w3riwpY

- SUPERGIRL | 1.15 "Solitude" Clip #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0XuM4eUjFs

- SUPERGIRL | 1.15 "Solitude" Clip #3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwZNLDQF_KU

- SUPERGIRL | 1.15 "Solitude" Clip #4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rPIGS9dqDw
http://tvline.com/2016/02/26/supergirl- ... iew-video/

- SUPERGIRL | 1.15 "Solitude" Clip #5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXpiUVgOtd0

- SUPERGIRL | 1.15 "Solitude" Clip #6:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY49d6nI7v0

- SUPERGIRL | 1.15 "Solitude" Clip #7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMotwaJIqlA

- SUPERGIRL | 1.15 "Solitude" Clip #8:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz4CK2SOKxk

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "The Flash"-"Supergirl" Crossover secrets revealed by Italia Ricci (nerdist):

http://nerdist.com/nerdist-news-the-fla ... lia-ricci/

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”