Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "SUPERGIRL", nueva serie en la CBS/CW

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Jefes de "Supergirl" adelantan la lucha por la humanidad en la season 3 (EW):
Jefes de "Supergirl" adelantan la lucha por la humanidad en la season 3
Por Natalie Abrams - 02 Oct, 2017 a las 12:30pm EDT

Kara Danvers no more! In the wake of being forced to effectively banish her boyfriend from Earth in the Supergirl finale, the Girl of Steel (Melissa Benoist) has pushed aside her humanity and dedicated herself to being Supergirl.

The theme of what it means to be human will resonate with everyone, particularly with J’onn (David Harewood) in discovering he’s not the last Green Martian — we’ll meet his father, M’yrnn (Carl Lumbly), this season; with Alex (Chyler Leigh) in finding what she needs to have a full life in her relationship with Maggie (Floriana Lima); and with new villain Reign (Odette Annable), who’s initially clueless as to her origin as a bio-engineered creation of Krypton.

“We’ve never really seen the big bad become the big bad,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says. “The journey that Reign takes this season is watching her realize her heritage and see how it manifests.” Considering she’s a Worldkiller, she probably won’t take it well! Read our full interview with Kreisberg below.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Can you talk about how Kara has really pushed aside her humanity this season?
ANDREW KREISBERG: The thing that everybody is struggling with on Supergirl this season is, what does it mean to be human? And it’s something that Kara is going through, it’s something that J’onn is going through, it’s something that Alex is going through, and it’s also something that Reign is going through, so it’s a really strong emotional through-line that’s affecting both our heroes and our villain. When we pick Kara up, she’s feeling like being Kara Danvers was a mistake, that pretending that she was human, and having human goals, and trying to have a boyfriend, that those are all human things and all it’s done is break her heart. So the one thing that she’s great at is being Supergirl. She just saved the world in the finale last year, and when we pick her up in the premiere, she is kicking ass and taking names. It’s a little bit of a metaphor for any one of us — when our personal lives are going to hell, we throw ourselves into work. But that’s not the Kara that Alex knows, that Lena knows, that James knows, that J’onn knows. The first episode is a little bit of Kara finding her way back to Kara Danvers, not just Kara Zor-El.

What can you tease of the Mon-El story line? And will that tie in at all to the four-way crossover?
I can tease nothing about the Mon-El story line, because how-when-why Mon-El comes back is one of the big mysteries of the season, so I don’t want to give too much away, other than to say that he will be back.

Can you say anything about his particular mindset when we see him again?
I really can’t.

Let’s move on to Reign. What can you tell us about her trajectory this season?
I’m not only competing with myself on Supergirl, but I’m competing with myself on all the other shows that I’ve done, and by that, I mean I don’t want to repeat what I’ve done on Supergirl, nor do I want to repeat what I’ve done on Arrow and Flash, so when we were figuring out Reign, one thing we’ve never really seen on any of these shows is we’ve never seen the big bad become the big bad. Usually on these shows, you either meet the big bad at the end of episode 1 or you meet them at episode 7 or 9, and you realize that they’ve been pulling the strings the whole time and were out there working with their multi-year plan to take down the heroes or destroy the city. When we meet Reign, she’s just a woman. Her name is Samantha Arias and she’s a single mom, and she has no idea that she is Reign. She has no idea that she was the baby in the pod at the end of last season, so the journey that she takes this season is watching her realize her heritage and see how it manifests.

What can you tell us about the Maggie and Alex story line for this season? What’s your goal in expanding or pushing forward this relationship?
With Sanvers?

Yeah, with Sanvers.
Well, unfortunately, Floriana decided to move on, which left us with, how do we write her out as a regular while still honoring these two women who were deeply in love with each other? Taking a page out of some of our own personal dating history, we’ve come up with a story that we really feel like honors what’s come before them, and honors how much they love each other, and how much they mean to each other, and how much they’ve changed each other’s lives. It’s some of the most emotional stuff we’ve ever done, and Floriana has been so good in these first five episodes. Episode 3 is all about Maggie and her dad, played by Carlos Bernard, and it’s some of the most heartbreaking stuff I’ve ever done on anything I’ve ever done. Maggie does not die. I’m sure a lot of people are afraid of that. Maggie will continue to exist in the world and if the opportunity presents itself for her, she’ll come back.

What does Morgan Edge bring to the table that’s different from Maxwell Lord?
Adrian Pasdar is so good. He is so good. We loved Peter [Facinelli] and he’s such a good guy. With Peter, what we were going for was, you’re not quite sure if he’s good and you’re not quite sure if he’s bad. Morgan Edge is just bad, and Adrian is crushing it. Based on episode 1, we’re actually having him for more episodes because we’re so in love with him and his performance. A lot of his scenes are with Katie McGrath and just watching the two of them go toe to toe as titans of industry is really exciting.

How will Lena come more into the fold of the core Supergirl team this season as, presumably, we inch toward her finding out the truth?
Well, again, I don’t want to give too much of this away, because some of this is the surprise, but Lena and Kara’s friendship will continue to grow. There’s a lot of Lena-Kara adventures early on in this season. The most interesting thing about Lena is that she is so good, and so moral, and believes in second chances, but she comes from this family of truly evil people. As people are going to realize over the course of this season, it doesn’t take much to make you bad. That’s what’s always interesting about Lena and any scenes she’s in, or any of the adventures that she and Kara go on: People don’t just turn evil; they do one small bad thing and then that leads to another, and then to another, and so any time you’re watching Lena, you’re always wondering, is this the moment when she does the one small thing?

Anything you can tease on the four-way crossover? Will we get to see more of the Supergirl characters involved?
Yeah, well, it is a true four-way crossover. One of the things that we worked out is a four-hour story, and Kara and Alex are at the center of it through all four hours. One of the things we’ve been doing a lot this season is getting back a little bit to season 1 and really making it Danvers sisters-centric, so a lot of what’s going on this season is Kara and Alex doing things in tandem, and the crossover won’t be any different.

You mentioned each of the characters dealing with their humanity this season. Can you expand on that for J’onn?
Carl Lumbly will be joining as J’onn’s father. First of all, he’s so amazing. J’onn has always felt like an alien. He spent 300 years on Earth and he’s always felt different, and other, and felt people were afraid of him, and has always had to hide who he really was. The irony is he becomes reconnected with his father and his father thinks, “Oh my God, you’ve gone so Earth-man.” So for J’onn, it’s this realization that he’s not quite the alien that he thought he was, and what that means to him, and if we’re reconnecting with his Martian heritage, how important is that to him?

What about for Alex?
For Alex, it’s tied part and parcel with her story with Maggie about what she’s looking for in life, and what she needs, and what she needs to have a full life.

For James or Winn?
For James and Winn, the overall theme isn’t as much going on with them. The four people really dealing with that theme are Kara, Alex, J’onn, and Sam.

Is there anything you can say for James and Winn though for this season?
I am as proud of Supergirl season 1 as anything I have ever done. What we were able to achieve, and the fun, and the scope and spectacle, I am blown away by, but there were some things that we felt got lost along the way. One of the things we really wanted to do was to get back a little bit to the Super Friends — the James, Winn, Kara investigative trifecta. There’s a lot more of Kara, James, and Winn teaming up as Kara, James, and Winn. James delivers a monologue about how he met Superman in episode 4 that’s one of the favorite things I’ve ever read on this show.

Supergirl returns Monday, Oct. 9 at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/02/supergirl-s ... -spoilers/?

- Odette Annable adelanta la gran villana 'Reign' (EW):
Odette Annable adelanta la gran villana 'Reign'
Por Natalie Abrams - 04 Oct, 2017 a las 1:45pm EDT

A new kind of big bad is coming to Supergirl this season, one that doesn’t actually know she’s a villain.

At the close of season 2, it was revealed that another pod escaped Krypton’s destruction, housing a bio-engineered weapon called Reign, also known as a Worldkiller. In the comics, the Worldkillers are bloodthirsty, super-powered beings that set out to conquer Earth. But when Odette Annable makes her debut as the character in the season premiere, she is far from the villain fans know in the comics, appearing as a single mother named Samantha who has no idea about her true lineage. To get the scoop on Reign, EW sat down on set with Annable, who also reveals she initially auditioned for a very different Supergirl character:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Reign doesn’t actually know she’s a Worldkiller when we first meet her. Tell us about Samantha as a character outside of that.
ODETTE ANNABLE: Samantha is a single mother, she’s a hard worker, she’s very much a working mom in the sense that she’s trying to juggle it all, as one does, as I do in real life. She loves her daughter more than words can express. They have a really special bond. What I think is really special about this storyline is it’s a slow play and you’ll get to see this whole heartbreaking story unfold in a really — they’re taking their time with it, and we have the time to do it. I think the audience is really going to hopefully relate.

How will Samantha feel when she discovers what she actually is?
It’s great because I’m discovering her journey along with these scripts. I don’t know what’s going to happen in episode 8, or 9, or 10, or however many episodes I’m doing. It’s really exciting to see these scripts and see the little bits that start to happen and start to reveal who she really is. It’s creepy.

What is it like playing both sides of her? Is it a split personality?
For right now, it’s her discovering. Clues are coming up and she’s slowly discovering that something is happening. That’s all that I know so far.

What’s it like playing that duality?
It’s interesting. The great thing about it is I’m discovering it with her. There aren’t any big reveals that are happening. It’s tiny little things that are really catching her eye and making her pay attention. It’s not something yet that she’s going to go to the cops over. It’s a very, very slow burn and all the pieces are starting to come together as we speak.

Can you tease anything about her motivations?
No, mostly because I don’t necessarily know them myself. I know that everything she does is for her daughter and I know that they have this brilliant relationship and she’s this working mom, but I don’t know where the story is going to unfold or when that left turn is going to happen. I’m very excited for it, and I know that this is such a different character than they’ve ever had on the show. But that’s really all I know. I wish that I knew more, I’m excited to know more.

What can you tease about Samantha and Kara’s first meeting?
What I said at Comic-Con, which is the truth: I have been working with Kara and we will be working together very closely, whether that’s Sam or Reign, you’ll have to find out.

They’re both struggling with what it means to be human. Can they relate?
They can absolutely relate to each other on that, on very polar opposite playing fields, but they have so much in common — not just because they’re from Krypton and from the same place, probably came in on a pod, but absolutely. Their storylines are very parallel — one will go one way and one will, unfortunately, go the other.

Will Reign cross paths with any of our other main characters?
I don’t know. I hope so. I want to work with David and Chyler and all of them. I don’t know.

What’s been the most difficult part about playing this villain?
I haven’t explored enough of her to know what is difficult yet. I haven’t even seen my suit. I’m not even trying to cover anything up. I really don’t know.

Can you talk about your casting and how this all came together?
It was really great in the way that I’ve been wanting to work with these guys for quite some time, for years now. I actually auditioned for the role of Alex, but even just in that audition that I had, I loved working with them in the room, so for this audition, I think as an actor, all your job is to portray your interpretation of the performance that you want to give, and that’s what I did and they responded to that. For me, I’m a working mom, I have a daughter, and this story is really specific to me and where I am in my life right now, so it’s a really special and important story to tell. I’m so happy that it’s part of the DC world and that I’m putting a toe in. These guys are so amazing. Andrew [Kreisberg] is so, so great to work with, he’s so collaborative, he’s so reachable, and he’s so busy and for him to make the time and for us to try to make this the best character she can be is the most important part. I think we’re doing that.

What has that training been like for this role?
Training as far as fighting? Nonexistent so far. As far as preparation, diving into the comics, there’s not much about Reign out there, so I think that we talked about this a little bit before where the pressure is off me a little bit, which is kind of nice so I can have my own interpretation of who I think this girl is.

Reign wasn’t the only Worldkiller in the comics. Is that something in the back of your mind? Have you asked if you’re the only one?
Or do I have a backup? No, that hasn’t come up. So far, it’s just me, from what I know, but it would be cool if I was fighting and had this epic showdown and all of a sudden my buddies came along to play. I mean, being bad is good. It’s always fun.

Supergirl returns Monday at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/04/supergirl-o ... ble-reign/

- El elenco de "Supergirl" adelanta el oscuro giro de Kara en la season 3:
El elenco de "Supergirl" adelanta el oscuro giro de Kara en la season 3
Por Natalie Abrams, 06 Oc t 2017 at 5:57pm EDT

Following the events of the finale, Kara (Melissa Benoist) will take a dark turn in season 3, pushing aside her humanity in a bid to deal with the overwhelming loss she suffered by setting off the lead dispersal device. With Mon-El (Chris Wood) gone, Kara buries herself in work, much to the dismay of those around her.

“She’s really fragile at the top of the season, but only people closest to her will see that, because she’s almost solidified on the exterior and is really trying to push down whatever pain she’s felt about losing Mon-El,” Benoist tells EW. “In turn, she has made this massive decision to say goodbye to her humanity and really embrace being an alien. We hear her say quite a bit in the first five episodes, ‘I’m not a human, I come from a different planet, so this doesn’t apply to me.'”

Naturally, the loss of the bubbly and optimistic side of Kara Danvers will not sit well with those around her. “All of the friends, Alex included, are trying to help her through it, but she’s just shutting a lot of people out, as a lot of us do in real life,” Chyler Leigh says. “Alex does everything that she can to give space, but it comes to a head pretty quickly just because Alex is obviously very honest, and the two of them have such a great and supportive relationship.”

It’s especially difficult for Lena (Katie McGrath), who blames herself iforhelping to tweak the device that was created by her brother Lex. “What you’re seeing with Lena is the guilt of feeling that she is somehow responsible of ruining this great love of Kara’s,” McGrath says. “So while she’s feeling good that she saved the world, or helped save it, she feels very responsible that her best friend is hurting and she’s trying to, in a way, bring Kara back to the friendship that they had, [because] she’s lost that a bit.”

Kara may also find solace in her Kryptonian heritage, with Smallville‘s Erica Durance joining the show in a recast of Kara’s mother, Alura — which ostensibly means we’ll see much more of the character this season. “It is different,” Benoist says of the new dynamic. “I loved Laura Benanti, but Erica brings something really fun to it. I’ve only had a few things with her so far in hologram, and we’ll see her more often. That’s always a really touching experience for Kara, to be able to talk to her in any shape or form, so we’ll definitely see more of that.”

Kara also isn’t the only one struggling with what it means to be human at the top of the season. We’ll see new villain Reign discovering her lineage (more on that here), J’onn learning he’s not the last Green Martian with the introduction of his father (more on that here), and Alex figuring out what she wants in life in the lead-up to her wedding to Maggie (Floriana Lima). “When we come back, they’re in the process of planning the wedding,” Leigh says. “It becomes quite an uncomfortable position for Alex, because obviously when you’re planning a wedding, you’re talking about inviting family and one of the most important people to her is her dad, and he’s not going to be there. So for her it’s bittersweet. You see them work through quite a few things where you have your worlds colliding, where they’re continually learning new things about each other. For the first several episodes, Alex is figuring out more and more who she is, and what she wants.”

Supergirl returns Monday at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/06/supergirl-s ... poilers-2/

- Productor ejecutivo habla sobre la S3 de "Supergirl" (Rotten Tomatoes):
Productor ejecutivo habla sobre la S3 de "Supergirl"
Por Jean Bentley | 06 Oct, 2017

Rotten Tomatoes: What can you say about the baby in the teaser from the end of season 2?

Robert Rover: The baby is Reign, played by Odette Annable. She will be a world killer who is genetically engineered by these people on Krypton. We’re excited to tell that story this season, to see Reign come up head-to-head against Supergirl.

When Mon-El comes back, is he going to be the same guy?

All I can tell you unfortunately is that Mon-El will return at some point, but when he returns and how is one of the central mysteries of our season.

When he does return, is there a possibility that he and Kara could still have a relationship?

She’s grappling with the events of the season finale as we start the season, and she’s wrestling with what it means to be human. How and when it impacts with the return of Mon-El, that we can’t really talk about.

In the Comic Con trailer, Kara says, “I am not a human. Kara was a mistake.” Is that just her in the aftermath of this sacrifice she had to make in the finale, or is that just growing pains now that she’s accepting her identity as Supergirl?

I think it’s growing pains. She learned the price of being vulnerable and the price of falling in love. She was put on Earth for a reason, so she’s grappling with [the question of] is it better to compartmentalize and throw herself into work at the expense of her relationships and be focused on saving the world — which in some respects is emotionally easier — or is she prepared to try and take a chance on fulfilling her human destiny as well?

What can you say about Adrian Pasdar’s new character?

He’s wonderful. He’s playing Morgan Edge. We’re really excited to have him on. He comes from the comics, and he’s a titan in business. He comes to National City with his own agenda that quickly comes into conflict with Supergirl’s.
(Photo by The CW)

And what about Erica Durance taking the place of Laura Benanti?

Oh she’s wonderful. We’re really excited to have her. It’s great. She’s one of the legacy actors. She was in Smallville as Lois Lane. We always love bringing people who have been part of the DC Universe back into the fold in different roles, so it’s been kind of great having her back in the DC family. We were sad that Laura Benanti couldn’t continue, and we loved her in the role of Alora, but it’s great to have Erica stepping into the role. Kara’s roots and her parents and that loss are so central to her character, so we thought it was important that we continue to have that presence in her life on Earth.

The legacy casting has been so fun. Are there any other people you want to try to get on at some point?

We love having them on and so whenever a new character comes up, we think about if there’s somebody that’s been involved in the DC Universe that could play that part. But besides Erica and the ones we have, like Helen Slater, who continue on the show, we don’t really have any other plans at the present. We love it, and we think the fans love it. We love seeing people that we know and are familiar with step into other roles. And what’s great about them is that they’re all wonderful actors as well. So, you get the excitement of seeing them in the new role but they also bring a lot when they take on these new characters.

Alex and Maggie’s engagement seemed a little quick. Are they going slow it down a little when we get back?

We love Sanvers and we loved watching them fall in love last season. And we’re disappointed that Floriana [Lima] had other opportunities and other things she had to pursue this season so that she couldn’t come back full time, but what we are able to do is tell a story for them that really honors their relationship. That’s what we’re pursuing and we hope the fans will be as moved by it as we are.

On a larger scale, when Supergirl premiered, seeing Melissa interact with little girls dressed as Supergirl was so inspiring. Then there was Wonder Woman‘s success over the summer. Do you feel a cultural importance on a larger scale when you’re writing, or are you focused on the smaller scale of just making a good show?

One of the things I think we were able to do this season was to tell stories that really spoke to issues that were going on in the real world, and to see how this very strong woman could navigate that and allow us to discuss issues that were topical, and to tell stories about inclusion, and acceptance, and about LGBTQ rights, and all of the stuff we’ve been able to tell. We do focus on letting Supergirl be a voice of strength and optimism and hope, to tell stories that are reflective of what’s going on and to be a source of strength and be there for people who are dealing with all of the stuff that we’re dealing with. I think too it shows that it’s not always her super powers that save the day. It’s her voice and all of her strength that can inspire people that they don’t have to be a superhero to make a difference, that they can use their own strength to persevere. Hopefully the stories that we’re telling challenge people, and help embolden them to be the best that they can be, to persevere under the most trying of circumstances.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/ar ... y-in-2017/

- Jefe de ‘Supergirl’ sobre la Season 3: Kara ‘nunca ha sido más poderosa’ (Variety):
Jefe de ‘Supergirl’ sobre la Season 3: Kara ‘nunca ha sido más poderosa’
Por Jacob Bryant - 09 Oct, 2017

“Supergirl’s” second season ended with Mon-El (Chris Wood) being rocketed to space after a device is triggered that forces all Daxamites to leave Earth.

When the third season picks back up six months later, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) is still struggling with that loss. In her grief, she’s begun pushing people away and focusing her time entirely on her super heroic duties.

Variety spoke with executive producer Andrew Kreisberg ahead of the Season 3 premiere about Kara’s core struggle this season, what to expect from Reign (Odette Annable) and planning this year’s four-part DC crossover event.

How is Kara dealing with the loss of Mon-El?

She’s definitely turned inward. The theme of the season is really “Is it better to be alien, or better to be human?” and when we pick up with her six months after the Season 2 finale she’s decided it’s better to be an alien. She’s systematically pushing people away and embracing being Supergirl. The irony is Supergirl has never been more powerful – or more of a hero – but Kara has never been less of a good sister/friend/employee.

Does the question of if it’s better to be alien or human – or what it means to be human, something that she’s been struggle with for years – really kick up after Mon-El was forced to leave?

Yeah, one of the things we explore this season is that she has always been dealing with this. She’s always been dealing with loss. The thing that makes her more interesting to me than her cousin Superman is that she remembers Krypton. She was 13 years-old when she saw her mother and father die and her friends die and her planet explode. You start to wonder how much loss this woman can take before she begins to wonder if the problem is she’s caring about people too much. We have an episode this season of a flashback to the girls in high school, and it shows that this is something she’s been dealing with her whole life.

Reign (Odette Annable) is the big bad this season, and in the grand scheme of DC history she’s a fairly recent addition. What was it about the character that made her the fit for this season?

We wanted someone who felt like a mirror image of Kara – sort of the dark mirror – and we thought it would be interesting to see someone go on the same heroes’ journey that Superman and Supergirl went on, but turn out to be the villain. It’s not quite the Reign you’ve seen in the comic books. There has definitely been a bit of our own imagination added to it.

Katie McGrath – who plays Lena Luthor – was bumped to series regular for the season. What’s in store for her when it comes to her relationship with Kara and her working to change the stigma of her family name?

A lot of this year is going to focus on Kara and Lena’s friendship and how it is changing. They find themselves in a new partnership position that neither of them were really expecting – which both causes problems and allows them to become closer. Lena, to me, is like a time-bomb waiting to go off because of her last name and not necessarily anything that she’s done. You’re always sort of wondering when’s the one thing that happens to her – when does she get pushed so hard that she reacts like her brother?

Last season James (Mehcad Brooks) put a lot of focus on becoming Guardian even though he was running CatCo. Will we see him more as the head of CatCo this season?

Yes. The one thing we really wanted to get back to, that we sort of lost last year, was the “Super Friends” – the OG team of Winn [Jeremy Jordan], James and Kara investigating things. There is a bunch more opportunities for that this season.

When it came to beginning to plan for this year’s crossover, what were you thinking when you realized you had to juggle a true four-show story, along with pulling off Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris’ (Candice Patton) wedding, while also topping the alien invasion from last season?

If we ever had correctly guessed how hard these crossovers would be we never would have done them. The biggest problem with the crossovers are we learn so much doing them, but then the next time around we make it bigger – so whatever we learned is helpful but there are now all these other things that we weren’t anticipating. This year is the first year it’s a true four-part story, and it really does hold together as a four hour mini-series, and for that we’re really proud and excited. I’m more concerned about what the hell we’re going to do next year, but I remember thinking last year “what the hell are we going to do next year?” and somehow we came up with something that we’re really excited about.

“Supergirl” season 3 premieres Oct. 9 at 8 p.m. on the CW.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/supergi ... 202584433/

- Jefe de "Supergirl" adelanta 'muchas más' escenas de hermanas, el levantamiento de Reign, el enemigo de Lena y un episodio muy 'salvaje e increíble" (TVLine):
Jefe de "Supergirl" adelanta 'muchas más' escenas de hermanas, el levantamiento de Reign, el enemigo de Lena y un episodio muy 'salvaje e increíble"
Por Matt Webb Mitovich / Oct 9 2017, 12:59 PM PDT

Season 3 of The CW’s Supergirl is readying for takeoff (tonight at 8/7c), but before you reconnect with Kara, Alex, J’onn et al, there are just a few more things showrunner Andrew Kreisberg wants you to know.

TVLine hopped on the phone with the EP to get his latest read on the new season, its pleasant surprises, new romances and the emotional episode they hope will be “well-remembered.”

TVLINE | You’re about a third of the way through the season now. What has you most excited?
The thing we’re all excited about was Odette [Annable]’s story, as Samantha. So many times on these shows, the Big Bad of the Year shows up at the end of Episode 1 and goes, “Mwah-ha-ha!” or they show up in the mideason finale and say, “I’ve been pulling the strings all along!” [On Supergirl or The Flash] we’ve never watched someone become the villain, and we have so fallen in love with Sam and her daughter Ruby (played by Emma Tremblay), seeing how they interact with the rest of the cast and how they fit in…. That to me is the most exciting thing that’s running parallel to everybody else’s stories, and it’s obviously all going to come to a head.

TVLINE | Just looking at the stills of Samantha with her daughter, we’re obviously going to empathize with this character more than any villain prior.
Oh, we’ve watched cuts of the episodes and looked at each other like, “We’re the cruelest people ever” because of what we’re going to do to these poor people. [Laughs]

TVLINE | If Season 1 was about Kara (Melissa Benoist) learning to be Supergirl, and Season 2 was about her learning to be Kara and Supergirl….
I would say that Season 3 is more about Kara going, “Screw Kara!” [Laughs] Really our theme for this season is, “Am I human or am I an alien?” Most of the characters are dealing with that same theme. J’onn (David Harewood) is wrestling with this realization that as much as he thinks of himself as an alien, he’s actually been here for a really long time, and he’s a lot more human than he had thought. And then you’ve got Sam who, we will realize is the baby in the pod [from end of Season 2 finale], and just as much as Kara is rejecting her humanity, Sam is going to be fighting to hold onto hers. Kara herself is thinking, “I tried to have this regular life by being a reporter and having friends and having a boyfriend,” but having it all is just leading to pain and agony. The one thing I can be great at is being Supergirl, but she’s starting to question what she’s losing by pushing people away.

TVLINE | What counsel does Alex (Chyler Leigh) offer her sister?
She has a great line in the premiere: “Kara Danvers has saved my life more times than Supergirl ever has. So think about that while you’re trying to get rid of her.” So much of last season was about Alex’s journey, her finding herself, and she’s gotten to a really good place about herself and how she feels about her sexuality. And now Kara is sort of feeling uncomfortable in her own skin, so there’s a lot more sister interaction this season, which is something we very consciously tried to do. We had talked about our favorite episodes, and just seeing Chyler and Melissa together is just so powerful. Whether they’re there for each other or fighting with each other… there’s a lot more late-night pizza and hanging out in the apartment this season.

TVLINE | If Kara does have this “Screw Kara!” attitude, and with Mon-El (Chris Wood) not around as a potential distraction, is it safe to say that at least for an early stretch, she will be “the most Supergirl” Supergirl yet?
Oh yeah. When we open the premiere, even the newscasters are like, “She’s kicking ass and taking names!” But as Alex points out, at what cost? You can’t be the best Supergirl you can be if you reject your humanity, because that’s really where your strength lies. Which isn’t to say that Kara is humorless and cold. She’s hilarious in Episode 3, and in Episode 6 we do a big flashback to when the girls were in high school, which is so much fun.

TVLINE | Tell me about some of the romantic highs and lows that characters will be going through.
Well, there’s going to be a surprising new coupling which hopefully people will be excited about; Miss Martian’s returning, so J’onn gets to see his paramour again; and someone down the road will like Kara a lot, which will be a lot of fun. The other stuff, we want people to experience it as it comes. But the focus this year is really on these women, friendship and sisterhood.

TVLINE | What does “Tony Almeida,” Carlos Benard, bring to the mix as Maggie’s dad in Episode 3?
That was so exciting for me because I’m a big 24 nut. His name had come up before for a couple of other parts and it never worked out, but it seems like things often don’t work out so they can later come play the perfect part for them. I’ve got to say, it’s not an easy part. I don’t want to give too much away, but he’s not always the most sympathetic figure. It’s a very raw episode. Floriana [Lima] and Carlos are so amazing in it, and it’s probably one of the episodes of the series that all of us are most proud of. It’s funny, it’s sad, it’s heartwarming, it’s got cool visual effects. Supergirl is at its best when speaking about the human condition and how we treat each other, so it’s a really special episode — hopefully one that is well-remembered.

TVLINE | Lena (Katie McGrath) is such an interesting character, forever battling her family’s legacy. What is her journey this season?
Lena gets a surprising new job, which is kind of exciting. [Her battle] will continue into this season, and what’s interesting is that Adrian Pasdar (Agents of SHIELD) joins the show as Morgan Edge, and as much as he’s a nemesis for Supergirl, his real nemesis is Lena. [Laughs] He hates Lena Luthor, and he’s sort of out to get her. You kind of wonder how far Lena can be pushed, and what point will she cross the line to do what she thinks is right?

TVLINE | Why was it important to bring Erica Durance on as Alura, to give Kara’s mom a greater presence this particular season?
First of all, we love Laura Benanti, and one of the things we wanted to do this season — because we kind of lost a bit of it last year — was focus on Kara’s remembrance of Krypton. That plays into the whole idea of “Am I alien or am I human!” and she’s thinking more and more about her home. Whether it’s dream sequences or flashbacks or talking to the AI, we wound up having Alura in every episode, and Laura, bring New York-based, couldn’t commit to that schedule, which we completely understood. We figured the only way to accept the recast was to do it in such a fun interesting way that people would be intrigued, that it didn’t feel like switching Darrins on Bewitched. If Erica had said no, I’m not quite sure what we would have done! But she got really excited about it. Also, we’re doing new things with Alura — there’s an incredibly surprising way that you see her in an upcoming episode that is just a lot of fun.

http://tvline.com/2017/10/09/supergirl- ... 3-preview/

- Estrellas de "Supergirl" reaccionan al giro de CatCo (EW):
Estrellas de "Supergirl" reaccionan al giro de CatCo
Por Natalie Abrams - 09 Oct, 2017 a las 9:00pm EDT

Lena Luthor made a power play during the season premiere of Supergirl.

When new villain Morgan Edge (Adrian Pasdar) decides to put a bid in to buy CatCo in order to swing the press in his favor, Lena (Katie McGrath) swoops in and buys it from under him — firing the first proverbial shot in their coming war. But Lena has other motives for acquiring the biggest media outlet in town.

As Kara (Melissa Benoist) has spent the last few months pushing aside her humanity, Lena has suffered guilt over her role in setting off the lead-dispersal device, effectively costing Kara her relationship with Mon-El (Chris Wood). “Part of her way of dealing with her guilt and trying to bring Kara back into herself is buying CatCo,” McGrath admits. “She doesn’t just do it because she’s buying a billion-dollar company for her friend — it’s a good business decision — but I think personally for her character, underlying it is dealing with the leftover vestiges of guilt for what she did at the end of season 2.”

Even so, Kara doesn’t necessarily blame Lena for what happened to Mon-El. “Kara is always giving Lena the benefit of the doubt and really admires her genius,” Benoist says. “I do think she’s compassionate enough to know that it’s not Lena’s fault, and she had no other choice but to make that decision, and that’s what makes her an alien over a human, because she had to do what was right for the good of mankind.”

Though Kara has struggled to let herself be human — and therefore feel the human emotions associated with losing love — by premiere’s end, she’s started to open herself up back to her friends. Thus, Kara will be quite happy that Lena is her new boss. “I think it’s great,” Benoist says. “When we see Kara, she’s not really passionate about being a reporter and I do think Lena has a huge role in instilling that excitement about the story and investigating things and writing again.”

In fact, Benoist teases that despite Kara initially quitting her job in the premiere, she’s much more invested in her career this season. “She’s rediscovering her calling as a reporter by means of necessity, because these things start happening that she has to investigate, so I think she’s really discovering her skills in that sense and realizing how good she is at it,” Benoist says. “Last year she was all gumption about it, and this year she’s much more practical and approaching it from a Supergirl way of reporting, where it’s about helping people and saving people and being smart about it. It’s really nice to see Kara really come into her own, into her womanhood this season. She’s much more mature, much more self reliant, and very independent. What I like the most, and maybe what I think she learned from last season, is she doesn’t need anyone’s approval.”

The change in venue also brings McGrath into the main storyline, meaning the actress gets to work with more of the cast than last season. “It’s funny because when we were at Comic-Con, the No. 1 thing I was asked was what I would like for the next season, and I always said I’d like to find a way — this is actually before I even read the scripts — for her to interact with the rest of the cast, because my storyline was very Kara-dependent, which was great, but you can’t maintain that for more than one season,” McGrath says. “It’s nice now to be in situations and dealing with new characters. What they’ve managed to do this season, which is amazing, is to make it more ensemble. Everyone’s storylines are all interconnected.”

Supergirl airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/09/supergirl-l ... -premiere/

- Estrelas de "Supergirl" adelantan las nuevas luchas que están por venir (EW):
Estrelas de "Supergirl" adelantan las nuevas luchas que están por venir
Por Natalie Abrams - 16 Oct, 2017 a las 11:00am EDT

While Supergirl‘s season premiere ended with Kara taking a step back toward her humanity, the loss of Mon-El will continue to weigh on her — particularly when a new villain comes to town and exploits those emotions.

During Monday’s episode, Jane the Virgin star Yael Grobglas makes her debut as DC Comics villain Psi, a thief with psychic powers who taps into victims’ worst fears. And considering the feelings of both guilt and loss that Kara (Melissa Benoist) has been struggling with all summer, the Girl of Steel will be an easy target.

“I don’t think there have been many opportunities that Kara allows herself to really feel what she should feel, especially with how tragic her life has been thus far and how many people she’s lost,” Benoist tells EW. “Now as an adult, she’s dealing with loss again and Psi uses that against her in a really mean way. You’ll really see Kara’s nerve crack in a way you haven’t before.”

Complicating matters is the fact that Kara now works for Lena (Katie McGrath), so keeping up appearances while also trying to take down the villain of the week will prove even more difficult. But she’s not the only one struggling with this new hierarchy. Suffice it to say, not everyone will be happy about Lena taking over CatCo, as some expect her to be the boss in name only — and, well, that’s not what happens, which irks James (Mehcad Brooks). “Well, her brother tried to kill me, so there’s definitely an unspoken tension between them in some ways,” Brooks says. “Although he does give her a fair chance, they do butt heads because her style of management is different from his style of management.

“He learned from Cat Grant and Perry White and he considers them to be the best,” Brooks continues. “Lena is more of an almost Silicon Valley sort of tech-billionaire-type and comes into CatCo without an office, walks around, checks up on people and gets to know their names. She has that no-walls policy. James is more of an old-school journalist where he’s more concerned with investigative reporting and telling a story rather than selling ads.”

But Lena will be woefully unaware that her business practices are unnerving to James, as she genuinely comes to CatCo with an eagerness to learn. “She doesn’t know anything about it, and there’s a certain freedom in doing something where you don’t know anything about it, whereas in the business world, she’s very competent,” McGrath says. “There is this idea of this excitement for her in running CatCo. James is expecting her to buy it and go back to L Corp, and when she doesn’t, it’s like the two-bosses syndrome. He knows she’s the boss, but he doesn’t quite know what his role is anymore. So you’ve got a competent man and a strong woman — Mehcad is going to hate me that I said that — an amazing man and an even better woman butting heads, which obviously is almost like a screwball comedy, Spencer Tracy-Katharine Hepburn thing.”

Supergirl airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/16/supergirl-s ... th-brooks/

- Lena Luthor se ha hecho un enemigo mortal en Morgan Edge (cbr):
Lena Luthor se ha hecho un enemigo mortal en Morgan Edge
Por Bryan Cairns - 16 Oct, 2017

Warning: Don’t mess with Lena Luthor… or her friends.

In the past, Lena’s been occupied with thwarting her mother Lillian’s schemes at Project Cadmus, but as we saw in Supergirl’s Season 3 premiere, now she has a brand new target. Media mogul Morgan Edge not only got under Lena’s skin, he targeted CatCo, essentially putting Kara’s career in jeopardy.

This, of course, was a big mistake — but the question now is, for whom? Lena retaliated by buying CatCo before Edge could acquire the company, and poked the proverbial hornet’s nest in the process. While her bravado and confidence has served her well throughout her career, this time she may not be quite ready for the fight she’s chosen. As Edge put it, “Now you have all of my attention.”

What that means for Lena, Kara and the rest of the Supergirl cast remains to be seen, but according to Katie McGrath (who portrays Lena on the series), Lena would do it all again. “Lena thinks he is scum,” McGrath told CBR of her character’s disdain for Edge, adding that his basic sexism both fuels him, and will ultimately define their adversarial relationship.

Ahead of tonight’s episode, titled “Triggers,” McGrath opened up further on the Lena/Morgan feud, her character’s relationship with Supergirl and Kara, and was Reign will add to the mix as audiences get to know the new supervillain throughout the season.

CBR: What does Lena make of Morgan Edge?

Katie McGrath: Lena thinks he is scum. He’s everything that she detests in a person and a business man. He’s the exact opposite to her in how she runs her life and her company. Morgan Edge has no morals. What we’ve seen about Lena is that she’s unlike the rest of her family in the fact that she has a strong moral compass and is attempting to rise above the Luthor name. With Morgan, he keeps trying to drag her back to being a Luthor. He keeps reminding her that she is one. She feels Morgan is absolute scum because, you know what? He is.

Lena outmaneuvered Morgan by buying CatCo before he could. Will that move end up coming back to bite her?

Morgan Edge doesn’t like coming in second place to anyone, but coming second place to a woman really bothers his ego. Morgan Edge is all ego. I think Lena is aware she created an enemy, but she’s done it because she knows it’s the right thing to do. Whether it means that personally she’s going to get attacked, I think, like she said, she’s trying to be her own little Supergirl, her own kind of hero. She does the right thing even though she’s made an enemy.

It’s an adversarial relationship that’s concentrated on Lena. Yes, it weaves in with James and Kara, but it’s like Lena and her mother, Lillian. It’s that type of storylines that speaks to Lena specifically, with her fears and vulnerabilities, but, also. her strengths.

Lena did a lot of good against the Daxamites last year, but she ultimately caused Kara and Mon-El to end their relationship. Has that guilt driven or motivated Lena?

Kara is her best friend, and her best friend is hurting. Lena feels responsible for that. I don’t know if you’ve ever had a fight with your friend, but how awful does that make you feel? It’s not easy for Lena to make friends, and I don’t think it’s easy for Kara to make friends. Supergirl makes loads of friends, but she’s only Kara with Lena. This is why they have this specifically close relationship, and it got close very quickly. I think that it has been damaged inadvertently, because I don’t think Kara blames Lena at all — Lena blames herself — but the fact that it’s damaged is weighing very heavily on Lena. Out of all her relationships, her relationship with Kara is by far the most important to her.

The fact that it is in flux, it means Lena will do anything she can to fix it. It would be denying Lena’s humanity to say that part of the reason she bought CatCo was to help out her best friend. It was also to say fuck off to Morgan Edge, but Lena’s not a stupid woman. She wouldn’t make a massive business decision out of the blue.

Speaking of guilt, does the death of her ex, Jack, still haunt Lena?

Of course it does. One hundred percent. It is referenced as the season goes on. It has come up. it still affects her. Lena cared about him deeply. Whenever anybody dies around Lena – and it happens quite a lot or people get hurt – she blames herself. “If I wasn’t a Luthor, this wouldn’t have happened.” She can’t help but feel responsible for things that aren’t her fault. She’s essentially Irish. She has a very healthy sense of guilt. Lena is possibly Lena McLuthor.

Jack and Lillian helped viewers get to know Lena better. What else are we going to learn about her?

Her buying CatCo opens up a wealth of other relationships in the show. There’s her personal relationship with Kara. Now, she has some professional ones. James is going to come into her orbit. As time goes on, now that she’s interacting with more characters, it opens up the whole world at National City. Her new relationships will reveal more about her as a person. Her past, feelings and her future will all come into play.

What can you tease about Lena’s connection to Samantha/Reign?

We’re only a couple of episodes in. I don’t know. You might just have to watch the show. I can tell you Odette [Annable] is one of my favorite people. I love her dearly. She’s astonishing. And there’s so many levels with what she’s brought to Reign. It’s inspiring to work with people like Melissa [Benoist] and Odette.

One of the series’ brightest spots is the bond between Lena and Kara. How do you feel these two raise each other’s game?

The great thing for Kara with Lena is Lena is almost Kara’s humanity. She doesn’t have to be Supergirl. She can be human, and she can be vulnerable, frail and weak and needy. If Lena knew Kara was Supergirl, she couldn’t be that any more. That’s so poignant this season because this year opened with Kara not wanting to be human any more. She’s like, “I am Supergirl.”

With regards to Lena, her relationship with Kara is the same type of thing. It’s where she can be vulnerable. Lena is not this CEO, this powerful woman. She’s not running all these companies. The great part of the friendship the two of them have, is it allows them to be vulnerable, to say, “I need this, and I need this from you.” For me, from my friends, that’s the best part. I can go to them and say, “Things suck. Help.” There’s very few people that you can do that with. For Lena, it’s Kara. For Kara, it’s Lena, too.

Airing on The CW on Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT, Supergirl stars Melissa Benoist in the title role, David Harewood as Martian Manhunter, Mehcad Brooks as Jimmy Olsen, Chyler Leigh as Alex Danvers and Jeremy Jordan as Winn Schott, with appearances by Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant and Tyler Hoechlin as Superman.

http://www.cbr.com/interview-supergirl-katie-mcgrath/?

- Andrew Kreisberg adelanta los 'viajes opuestos' de Kara & Reign (cbr):
Andrew Kreisberg adelanta los 'viajes opuestos' de Kara & Reign
Por Meagan Damore - 16 Oct 2017

In the Season 3 premiere of Supergirl, Kara went through some major changes. The episode introduced a colder, standoffish Girl of Steel struggling with the absence of her boyfriend Mon-El, another casualty in a life full of loss. Though her harder edge began to soften before the credits rolled, Kara will continue to grapple with the fallout of the Season 2 finale, and that is going to take her and her team on a journey that moves opposite to Reign’s.

Speaking to CBR, Supergirl executive producer Andrew Kreisberg offered a glimpse of what Kara’s journey will look like in Season 3 and why it will serve as a dark mirror to Reign’s own story. He also teased the ramifications of Lena’s acquisition of CatCo, what Lena and James’ new work relationship will look like, how the writers developed Morgan Edge and more.

CBR: The opening dream sequence of the premiere makes quite the impact on the rest of the episode. How will that inform the next few episodes?

Andrew Kreisberg: Yeah! I mean, the first few minutes of the show kind of sets up the emotional crux of the season for Kara. She’s somebody who’s already lost a tremendous amount. At the end of the day, if you told me I could do a Superman show or a Supergirl show, I’d always pick the Supergirl show, because she remembers Krypton. She remembers being there. She remembers her parents, and she saw them all die. Now, this past season, she finally met some love and she lost him too. It’s sort of a question for her: How much more can she stand to lose? She’s really questioning the wisdom of trying to have a normal life as Kara Danvers, when the one thing she knows she can do is be Supergirl. She’s sort of wrestling with that over the course of the season.

So the dream at the beginning with her mom and with Mon-El and sort of getting a glimpse of Krypton, it’s all sort of tied part and parcel with each other, and then you see her floating above the city alone, and for a while, that’s kind of where she thinks she’s the safest.

How will Alex’s wedding preparation factor into that struggle?

Well, she definitely takes steps back toward being Kara Danvers by the end of this [premiere] episode, and it’s kind of a constant struggle. I mean, she is wrestling with the decision to have a life. That’s sort of the theme of the season. You know, is it better to be an alien or is it better to be human? That’s something that Kara’s dealing with, that’s something that J’onn’s dealing with, as we get to understand his story a little bit better over the course of the year. It’s also something that Reign will be dealing with moving forward. It’s sort of interesting to us. I mean, you have Kara, who has tried to actively reject her humanity, and the more you get to learn about Reign, she’s somebody who’s desperately trying to hold on to hers. So you sort of have your hero and your villain going on opposite journeys.

So we got our first glimpse of Reign and what she can do. Can you tell me a little about how you chose this character specifically and developed her into something unique to the show?

We tend not to do direct adaptations of the comic books. We take a bit of an idea and work it through our imaginations and something new comes out on the other side. The one thing we hadn’t really done on any of these shows was see the villain become the villain. Usually, you either get a glimpse of them at the end of the premiere episode or they were revealed in episode 9 as, “Oh, they were behind everything that was going on all along!” But we hadn’t seen someone become the villain and watch them sort of slowly transform and we thought that was really interesting. So we’ve taken great pains in the first episode to introduce you to Odette [Annable]’s character Samantha and hopefully have you fall in love with her and then watch as she slowly becomes a nemesis for Kara.

Does she have a Kryptonian set of powers, or will we see some surprises down the line?

I mean, you’ll definitely see some surprises. Hopefully, it’s not straight up what people are expecting, as always. We’ve got a couple of really nice twists and turns, but I don’t know. As much as Kara is on a journey, Samantha is on a journey too, and it gets just as much screen time as Kara’s does.

Lena made a power move and bought CatCo from under Morgan Edge. How will Kara adjust to having her best friend as her boss?

Well, there’s going to be some bumps, which we really like. I mean, there’s a great line in episode two, where Kara says, “I’m not used to having my friend be my boss,” and Lena says, “Well, I’m not used to having friends.” It’s going to take a little bit of time for them to settle into those roles, but one of the things that we’re really focusing on this year is to see the relationship between all of these women and this sort of group of friends… Kara and Alex are obviously sisters and best friends, but how Lena fits into that and how Sam fits into that and watching them grow closer and, at times, apart. It’s a primary focus of Season 3.

Will we get to see more interaction between Lena and James?

Well, there’s going to be a lot of friction between them. One of the things we were sitting down and figuring out this season, we realized the two of them actually hadn’t had too many scenes together. In the beginning, it’s going to be a lot of “Mr. Olsen” and “Ms. Luthor” and, you know, a lot of friction. James, in a way, still represents, like, “I remember when your brother built a giant robot and tried to kill me.” [laughs] So he’s still a little bit wary of her, and that creates a conflict for Kara at the office, obviously, because these are two of her closest friends who don’t always get along.

We saw some of James in the premiere, but not Guardian. Will Guardian rise again in Season 3?

I think so! You know, in the beginning, we have James doing a lot of other things, so Guardian has been a little bit off the board, but James is as present as he has ever been, if not more.
James Olsen as The Guardian on CWs Supergirl

Morgan Edge is, of course, from the comics, but were there any other inspirations for your version of the character?

You know, the hardest thing to come up with for some of these shows is a non-superpowered villain. That was really important for us to figure out. We haven’t always had success — not just on Supergirl, but on the other shows — so we wanted somebody who really was a threat to Supergirl, who couldn’t match her physically. As exciting as what we had come up with on the page, Adrian Pasdar took it to a brand new level. Once he was aboard, we started writing to his strengths and his charisma. So it’s been a lot of fun.

At San Diego Comic Con, Jeremy Jordan mentioned that Winn will take on a leadership role at the DEO this season. What can you tease about that?

He’s definitely settled in, which is cool, and I think one of the nicest things that’s sort of come up out of it is he’s actually become very close with J’onn, which is nice, but there really is a nice sort of “big guy, little buddy” relationship going on there. Winn is definitely not a green analyst; he’s a trusted adviser there, and he’s at times making decisions and it’s exciting.

What are you most excited for fans to see this season?

I think the casting on the show this season has just been above and beyond. I mean, between Odette [Annable] and Emma Tremblay as Sam and Ruby and Yael Grobglas from Jane the Virgin and Adrian [Pasdar] and Betty Buckley [as Samantha’s mom Patricia Arias], we’ve just been blessed with these amazingly talented actors. We already have one of the most talented casts on television… It’s always exciting to see people fly and space ships crash and buildings explode, but just watching the dramatic scenes on the show this season are fantastic. And Carlos Bernard as Maggie’s dad delivers this incredibly difficult performance, and he does it beautifully.

Airing Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW, Supergirl stars Melissa Benoist as the Girl of Steel, David Harewood as Martian Manhunter, Mehcad Brooks as Jimmy Olsen, Chyler Leigh as Alex Danvers and Jeremy Jordan as Winn Schott, with appearances by Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant and Tyler Hoechlin as Superman.

http://www.cbr.com/supergirl-season-3-a ... interview/

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nueva imagen bts del rodaje de la S3 (03-10-17):

Imagen

(@davidharewood: Let Batman handle this one)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- SUPERGIRL | 3.01 "The girl of Steel" Clip #1:
http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/06/supergirl-m ... ere-video/

- SUPERGIRL | 3.01 "The girl of Steel" Clip #2:

- SUPERGIRL | 3.01 "The girl of Steel" Clip #3:

- SUPERGIRL | 3.01 "The girl of Steel" Clip #4:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 3.03 "Far From the Tree":
3.03 "Far From the Tree" (23/10/17): CARLOS BERNARD (“24”) ESTRELLA INVITADA; HELEN SLATER REGRESA — Eliza (LA ESTRELLA INVITADA Helen Slater) les hace a Alex (Chyler Leigh) y Maggie (la estrella invitada Floriana Lima) una fiesta por la boda, lo que provoca que Maggie acuda a su padre separado (la estrella invitada Carlos Bernard). Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) se une a J’onn (David Harewood) en unaó anterior. Dermott Downs dirige el episodio escrito por Jessica Queller & Derek Simon (#303).

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/10/superg ... -tree.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Productor ejecutivo y estrella de "Supergirl" hablan sobre el trabajar con Erica Durance:
"Supergirl" ha experimentado algunos sorprendentes cambios de elenco durante el verano, y parece que se ha añadido una nueva capa a la dinámica tanto en pantalla como fuera de ella.

En una entrevista reciente con Entertainment Weekly, la estrella de la serie Melissa Benoist habló sobre la llegada de Erica Durance de Smallville, quien ocupa el papel de 'Alura' tras la marcha de Laura Benanti:
"Es diferente. Amé a Laura Benanti, pero Erica aporta algo realmente divertido", explica Benoist.

"Sólo he tenido unas pocas cosas con ella hasta ahora en holograma, y la veremos con más frecuencia", revela Benoist. "Eso siempre es una experiencia realmente emotiva para kara, el ser capaz de hablar con ella en cualquier estado o forma, así es que definitivamente verems más de eso."

Con Kara luchando con su humanidad en los primeros episodios de la temporada, parece que las interacciones con su madre kriptoniana serán incluso más importantes. Que se sepa que el papel de Alura va a aumentar en la serie, incialmente levantó algunas cejas, son algunos aún preguntándose si podría en realidad seguir viva:

"Oh ella es maravillosa. Estamos realmente emocionados por tenerla", comenta el productor ejecutivo Robert Rovner. Es genial. Ella es una de los actores del legado. Estuvo en Smallville como Lois Lane. Siempre nos encanta el traer a gente que ha sido parte del Universo DC en diferentes papeles, así es que ha sido genial el tenerla de nuevo en la familia DC. Nos apenamos de que Laura Benanti no pudiera continuar, y la adoramos en su papel de Alura, pero es genial el tener a Erica metiéndose en el papel. Los orígenes de Kara y sus padres y esa pérdida es muy central a su personaje, así es que pensamos que era importante que continuáramos teniendo esa presencia en su vida en la Tierra".

"Queríamos mantener la presencia de Alura en la serie, porque realmente conecta a Kara con Krypton y sus raíces y lo que significa el ver a su familia y a su planeta destruídos. Es una base emocional que es siempre importante."

La S3 de "Supergirl" se estrena el Lunes, 09 de Octubre a las 8/7c, en la CW.

http://comicbook.com/2017/10/07/supergi ... a-benoist/
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/ar ... y-in-2017/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- SUPERGIRL | 3.02 "Triggers" Promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFKr6nFz0LY

- SUPERGIRL | 3.02 "Triggers" Inside the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPzxG1az4w4

- SUPERGIRL | 3.02 "Triggers" Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiQYCaZM-g0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4jf4Qbsp7w

- SUPERGIRL | 3.02 "Triggers" Clip #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piij7IB7Qi8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnys9K8j2DE

- SUPERGIRL | 3.02 "Triggers" Clip #3:

http://www.eonline.com/news/887259/supe ... n-strength

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes y videos bts del cuádruple crossover (10-31 Oct 2017):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@davidharewood: Papa Bear. #SpaceDad #SupergirlCW
@james2bambamford: Just hanging out on a rooftop with one of my favorite people of all time... @chy_leigh
@james2bambamford: Words cannot express what a wonderful woman @MelissaBenoist is. Thank you so much for your professionalism and kidness
@melissabenoist: went to mars. and I didn't even get a stupid tshirt. @supergirlcw tonight
@glenwinter: Amazing to reunite with dear sweet @erica_durance78 after 7 years!! #smallville #supergirl
@lourizatronco: Had so much fun working with the beautiful @melissabenoist!
@whoisd3wwy: We've all got a little #SuperHero inside... @TheCWSupergirl @MelissaBenoist @netflix #S3 Long hours; but it was well worth it
@odetteannable: Flying lessons. @supergirlcw #MakeitReign
@davidharewood: Fresh Faces! @melissabenoist @chy_leigh
@DavidHarewood: Night shoot Day. @jeremymjordan
@davidharewood: I get the best hugs
@james2bambamford: Some folks are just born to fly.....like @MelissaBenoist
@davidharewood: Agent Shcott @jeremymjordan
@DavidHarewood: @chy_leigh on the job. #JonnJonzz
@DavidCarzell: Thought process #BTS #Supergirl)

http://canadagraphs.weebly.com/other-ce ... er-funeral
http://hollywoodnorth.buzz/2017/10/seas ... fight.html

Vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDztrwVvo2Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzAiOWBZo8M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyx193JQK-8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su9-xnq9DsI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPgIz5OorZE

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 3.04 "The Faithful":
3.04 "The Faithful" (30/10/17): CARLOS BERNARD (“24”) Y CHAD LOWE ESTRELLAS INVITADAS — Kara (Melissa Benoist) investiga un nuevo grupo secreto cuyo líder, Thomas Coville (la estrella invitada Chad Lowe), tiene una misteriosa conexión con Supergirl. Mientras tanto, Samantha (Odette Annable) siente que está decepcionando a Ruby (la estrella invitada Emma Tremblay), y J’onn (David Harewood) confiesa un antiguo secreto. Jesse Warn dirige el episodio escrito por Paula Yoo & Katie Rose Rogers (#304).

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/10/superg ... press.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Supergirl", Facebook Live Chat with Erica Durance:
Imagen
Erica Durance ha hecho una sesión de preguntas con los fans en la cuenta de Facebook de Supergirl. A continuación os dejo las preguntas a las que ha contestado la actriz.
David Palffy: Hey you remind me a lot of my mom! I think you will be an amazing Alura as I know that you are an amazing mom! Oh by the way it's your son! Love you as always and forever! :)
Erica Durance: Is that my wonderful son? My inspiration and constant source of pride.

Brandon Christopher: When are you going to get Tom Welling to make an appearance? Not that you alone getting back into Superverse isn’t awesome!
ED: It's on my to do list. Ha!

Luke Tucker: Welcome back to the land of superheroes! After 5 years on a different style of show in Saving Hope, what are you most enjoying being back in this genre (action, comedy, costumes)?
ED: Hey Luke! Yes, after Acting, producing, and directing...the blood, gore, and science of medicine, it is nice to have pretty hair, beautiful dresses, and a wind fan.

Rachel Fitz: Will we see you again in season 3 with Melissa aka Kara in a scene and maybe see your character alive just like we all think Mon'el is alive too but on another planet Erica?! #Supergirl#AskErica
ED: I have worked with Melissa, loved it, she was what you would expect. Down to earth and incredibly generous. As for Alura's future. We will be seeing more of her in new and very creative ways...

Sam Hudson: Did you ever foresee a moment where you would become another character in the "Super" world, much like many actors became new characters on Smallville?
ED: No I didn't, but it seemed like it would be fun, and I looked forward to working with dear friends.....SUZANNE

Olivia Luder: What does it mean to you to be on such a feminist show, particularly in this day & age?) thank you!
ED: Any chance to be part of something that puts women in the forefront is a pleasure.

Aaron Price: An as aspiring actor, I always love the work of others in the industry. My question Erica, what got you interested in acting and who was your inspirations idols?
ED: Knew I wasn't going to be a neurosurgeon... so... acting it was. HA! Seriously though, just gravitated to it and kept coming back for more.

Cindy Kat DM: Did you needed to do an audition to get the part in Supergirl? + If you needed to do one pls tell me the details of it! Thanks!
ED: No, just spoke with Andrew.

Rachel Luciano: You looked stunning in the season premiere! Can't wait to see what else is in store for you this season. Can you share a fave memory so far?
ED: I had a scene in an upcoming episode with the young Kara... It was really nice to play a mother/daughter dynamic.

Carey Johnson: Erica, you're coming into an established show, Supergirl, much like you did with Smallville. How do you navigate being the new kid on the block, compared to being the lead, like on Saving Hope?
ED: Good question. After 5 years as a lead i needed a break, so this is lovely to come in, do my work and then take off home to my babies.

Nathan Sponenberg: Are there particular versions of Lois that you looked to for inspiration when playing the character? To me, you're the perfect live action version of the Animated Series Lois.
ED: Thanks, to be honest, when I started on Smallville, it was fast and furious, so not a lot of time for research. But loved Margot Kidder.

Eric Johnston: How many episodes have you filmed so far?
ED: About 5 so far but its been great

Giovanni Mark Mane: In general who is better Lois Lane or Iris West?
ED: Why do they have to compete?

Chantël Rodriguez: How does it feel to be apart of the supergirl cast?
ED: Everyone has been very welcoming. Fun to be apart of this universe again.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.03 "Far from the tree":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- SUPERGIRL | 3.03 "Far from the tree" Promo:

- SUPERGIRL | 3.03 "Far from the tree" Extended Promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC7P8_zyh94

- SUPERGIRL | 3.03 "Far from the tree" Insie the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TESVACPMby8

- SUPERGIRL | 3.03 "Far from the tree" Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQXx1i2NI14

- SUPERGIRL | 3.03 "Far from the tree" Clip #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQS6R8FvrGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFe3UX_p0Tw

- SUPERGIRL | 3.03 "Far from the tree" Clip #3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC_iOhmDh0c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJXvwsXomuw

- SUPERGIRL | 3.03 "Far from the tree" Clip #4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJrNZvNxRAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qwZvmgi6Tw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc26fDC-664

Podéis encontrar la descripción oficial del episodio: AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 3.05 "Damage":
3.05 "Damage" (06/11/17): MORGAN EDGE PONE SUS MIRAS EN LENA — Cuando muchos niños se ponen enfermos por envenenamiento por plomo, Morgan Edge (la estrella invitada Adrian Pasdar) apunta a Lena (Katie McGrath) y culpa a su creación de la bomba de plomo que hizo para salvar a National City de los Daxamitas. Mientras que Lena sabe que nunca intentó hacer ningún daño, teme que pudiera haber habido un fallo en su diseño, haciéndola responsable. Kara (Melissa Benoist) hace equipo con Samantha (Odette Annable) para limpiar el nombre de Lena, pero resulta ser más difícil de lo que pensaban. Mientras tanto, Alex (Chyler Leigh) y Maggie (la estrella invitada Floriana Lima) toman una decisión crucial sobre el futuro de su relación. Kevin Smith dirige el episodio escrito por Eric Carrasco & Cindy Lichtman (#305).

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/10/superg ... press.html?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Floriana Lima adelanta la emocional reunión con Maggie (EW):
Floriana Lima adelanta la emocional reunión con Maggie
Por Natalie Abrams - 23 Oct, 2017 a las 10:00am EDT

Supergirl will dive much more into Maggie’s history during Monday’s episode, which is shaping up to be a very emotional hour that features the introduction of Maggie’s father.

When Eliza Danvers (Helen Slater) throws a wedding shower for brides-to-be Alex (Chyler Leigh) and Maggie (Floriana Lima), the latter reaches out to her estranged father, who viewers know kicked a young Maggie out of the house when she was outed on Valentine’s Day. Suffice it to say, Oscar’s arrival will affect Maggie as old feelings of hurt and betrayal are brought to the surface.

“It’s very difficult for Maggie,” Lima tells EW. “This is a [part] Maggie’s story line that… is so complicated, deep, and painful, and something that so many people can relate to. After he kicked her out, she built herself up, she was very brave and she evolved into this very proud, strong, gay woman. She’s at this point where she’s very terrified that seeing him again, she’ll feel his rejection again. She isn’t sure that she can hold onto her strong self when they reunite.”

Though the story line proved emotionally exhausting, the actress praises Bernard for what he brought to the role in Monday’s upcoming hour. “First of all, I love Carlos,” Lima says. “I was ecstatic when they told me they cast him. Working with Carlos, I was so lucky. He’s such a committed guy and actor. You’re going to see that he’s really great in this role. He gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. It was very fun to play as an actor.”

“What I really liked about it is we show that Maggie’s dad comes from a different culture, and it’s very hard for him to accept his daughter’s homosexuality,” Lima continues. “We show a little bit of that and your heart goes out to him, because he’s transcending prejudices of his own culture and it’s hard to get past that. What we see is it’s hard for a culture to change and grow. We’re almost even experiencing this in America right now, so we need to focus on compassion and reason.”

Oscar’s arrival will also make Maggie confront some of the unspoken issues between Maggie and Alex. The first domino to fall in that regard was a brief, albeit vital, mention in this past episode that Maggie does not want to have kids. “Without giving anything away, we can see it is a catalyst to what has been a slow, inevitable discovery that two very similar people want different things,” Lima says. “I would say you’re picking up on the right thing, that is something that we’ll explore more.”

Reiterating that Monday’s hour is very emotional for various reasons, Lima continues, “For the Sanvers reason, we arrive at this really emotional impasse. These are two women who are in such a loving and respectful relationship and they happen to be engaged to be married, but they realize that they might want different things. What I like about this is that this is something that happens in so many relationships and it’s super heartbreaking and not great to go through, but when it’s handled with care and compassion, it can be for the best. Supergirl really shows that in the next coming episodes.”

As revealed shortly after the season 2 finale, Lima is only set to return for a handful of episodes in season 3, with producers Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti both previously citing the actress’ want to pursue other projects. “In the beginning, Maggie wasn’t really supposed to be a big, huge part of the show,” Lima says. “It was supposed to be season 2, but then because of the amazing fans of Sanvers caught on and really loved the story line, we went on to do multiple episodes to continue the story as much as we could. We went back and forth on how long it would take to wrap up the story, and what would they need from me. I said, ‘Absolutely, this is what I would do for the story line.'”

However, the Supergirl bosses are leaving the door open for her to return in the future — something Lima says she’s interested in doing. “Yes, definitely,” Lima says. “I love this story, I love the cast and the show. Chyler and I have a really strong bond. I’m so glad that she was the person in the role, because her and I connected really well, we understood what we wanted to accomplish as people for the role, and we felt very responsible for this story, so I love that Chyler was just as game as I was in trying to make this a meaningful, progressive and hopefully in the smallest way possible — or the grandest way possible — somewhat change the world a little bit.”

Supergirl airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/23/supergirl-f ... ggie-exit/

- Chyler Leigh sobre el próximo paso de Alex y Maggie (EW):
Chyler Leigh sobre el próximo paso de Alex y Maggie
Por Natalie Abrams - 23 Oct, 2017 a las 9:00pm EDT

Maggie and Alex have reached an impasse.

During Monday’s episode of Supergirl, Maggie (Floriana Lima) was finally able to get some closure from her father (Carlos Bernard), who had kicked her out of the house when she was outed as a child. Though Alex (Chyler Leigh) had hoped this resolution might make Maggie change her mind about having kids, the latter is firm in her feelings — something Alex is once again agreeable to, despite it clearly bothering her. Suffice it to say, it won’t be long before Alex voices her true feelings on the subject.

“It affects their relationship,” Leigh told EW Friday night at the GLSEN Respect Awards. “It just raises a lot of questions in general. For these two in particular, in their line of work, at any moment they could die. So in a lot of ways you rush into something, and you’re going off of instinct, and you’re going off of feeling, and sometimes some of the bigger issues or even the finer details will sort of be left unsaid, so this is just a moment where they’re really going, ‘Okay, wait, let’s slow down for a second and think, Is this what I want? Is this not what I want? How do we make this work? Does it work? If it does, how do we do it so we’re not both having to compromise when we’re doing something together?‘ It sparks a lot of conversations and it’s challenging.”

The move comes as viewers know Lima will soon be exiting. As revealed shortly after the season 2 finale, the actress is only set to return for a handful of episodes in season 3, with producers Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti both previously citing Lima’s want to pursue other projects. “It strikes a chord very deep within me, and hits me very personally, because I love the story line, I love the relationship,” Leigh says. “There’s a lot of technicalities that come into play. There’s only so much you can do when it comes to people’s decisions, whosever it is.”

“For me, personally, celebrating where they’ve been, what they’ve done and what they’ve accomplished I think is incredibly important, because I know that it has changed a lot of lives — it’s changed my own life,” Leigh continues. “I’ve gotten so many personal accounts from people saying, ‘You’ve literally saved my sister’s life,’ ‘You’ve saved somebody’s life,’ because we’re giving people an opportunity to connect the dots and put the pieces together, and it starts to make a lot more sense, ‘Maybe I understand my family member a little bit more.’ So just being on that journey, for me, is so incredibly satisfying. Knowing that we are taking part in something that is very, very important means a tremendous amount to a lot of people.”

Despite Lima’s impending exit, Leigh stresses that Alex’s story of discovery is far from over. “That’s the thing: It is another chapter, it really is,” Leigh says. “Alex’s journey is really that she’s still in that moment of Who am I, what do I want, where am I going and how do I get there? Wherever the relationship goes, the biggest thing is understanding that no one is in control of absolutely everything all the time, and we all have to respond and react to whatever comes our way, so she’s in that mode of Where am I right now?”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/23/supergirl-a ... ler-leigh/?

- Estrellas de "Supergirl" sobre el culto pro Girl of Steel (EW):
Estrellas de "Supergirl" sobre el culto pro Girl of Steel
Por Natalie Abrams - 30 Oct, 2017 a las 8:30am EDT

As the Girl of Steel continues to be a beacon of light in National City, Kara Danvers will be surprised to discover that some see Supergirl as much more than that.

During Monday’s episode of Supergirl, Kara (Melissa Benoist) will discover that there’s a cult — led by a character played by Chad Lowe — that actually worships Supergirl. The reveal comes at a time where Kara is still torn between being human and being an alien, whereas these people see her as a God.

“It was such a smart script,” Benoist tells EW. “It’s unnerving. She’s already weighing this am I human, am I alien in her mind anyway, and I think it’s a moment where it pushes her even further down the road of just deciding to be an alien, because she can do things that no one else can, but only her and Clark can do that on Earth, so seeing people worship her is not what she wants, but it does strike a chord with her.”

While many are cautious about the dangers this could pose, not everyone is surprised by this turn of events. “If anybody, Jimmy Olsen gets it,” Mehcad Brooks says. “While it is strange and while it is weird, Superman saved my life, and Supergirl saved my life. While I’m not worshipping them, there is a sense of reverence, and there is a sense of awe. Most people never have a chance to get their lives saved, thank God. But if you did, you’d feel indebted to that person for the rest of your life, because the reason that you have a life is because that person put theirs on the line and saved yours. If you knew someone or a group of people who were doing that on a daily basis and could fly and had superpowers based on their birth, you could see why others would worship them. While it could be dangerous, it’s not this thing that’s lost in obscurity to you. I understand, I get it.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/30/supergirl-cult-spoilers/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.04 "The Faithful":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- SUPERGIRL | 3.04 "The Faithful" Promo:

- SUPERGIRL | 3.04 "The Faithful" Extended Promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL1Wnyw8t4g

- SUPERGIRL | 3.04 "The Faithful" Inside the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izYhvtlAtDo

- SUPERGIRL | 3.04 "The Faithful" Clip 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PhsWjRdVJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stCFhKEJ9kg

- SUPERGIRL | 3.04 "The Faithful" Clip #2:

http://www.etonline.com/supergirl-sneak ... sive-90051

Podéis encontrar la descripción oficial del episodio: AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 3.06 "Midvale":
3.06 "Midvale" (13/11/17): HUÍDA DEL BAÚL DE LOS RECUERDOS — Kara (Melissa Benoist) y Alex (Chyler Leigh) se dirigen a casa a Midvale para relajarse un poco. Mientras que están allí, Kara recuerda un doloroso recuerdo de la muerte de un amigo de la niñez y cómo esa traumática experiencia unió más a las hermanas Danver. Izabela Vidovic interpreta a la joven Kara y Olivia Nikkanen interpreta a la joven Alex en flashbacks. Rob Greenlea dirige el episodio escrito por Caitlin Parrish y Jess Kardos (#306).

https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/10/super ... press.html?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Primer póster promocional de Odette Annable como "Reign":

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”