Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "LUCIFER" en la FOX

Mensaje por Shelby »

- LUCIFER | First Look | Season 2 Featurette:

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Lucifer Q&A: ¡Tricia Helfer sobre los problemas de Mamá, el ser incomprendida y más! (TVFanatic):
Lucifer Q&A: ¡Tricia Helfer sobre los problemas de Mamá, el ser incomprendida y más!
Por Carissa Pavlica 16 Septiembre, 2016 1:00 pm.

Lucifer and Amenadiel are getting company on Lucifer Season 2. Mom's coming to town, and her "visit" should prove very interesting.

Tricia Helfer was beautifully cast in the role, and she took the time to talk with us about what to expect of the "supreme goddess" she's playing, how her sons will react to her escape from captivity and the driving force of her return.

Read all about it with our full interview below.

TV Fanatic: So what does it feel like to be playing the woman who has had children with God?

Tricia Helfer: [laughs] I certainly did think about it when I first was cast. I was like, I'm playing this supreme goddess...you know, trying to figure out the character and everything. But then I sat back and thought, no. You played a robot, you played a serial killer, you know, other things you haven't had experience with, so just go with it!

But it's been fun, because the body that mom is in is obviously not her own. It's a human form she had to take to search for her sons in LA, so I'm getting to play with the newness of being in human form and mom also has a serious dislike for humanity, and that also adds to the fun of it. But definitely, playing this supreme goddess was a little daunting at first.

I had to assume something didn't go well somewhere along the way, since she was locked away in hell.

Yeah, we obviously set things up with the Season 1 finale and we pick things up in Season 2 right away. Their concern and their quest, Amenadiel and Lucifer, kind of almost have to work together for the first time because of their concern for mom being here and escaping hell. They're not only concerned for their own reasons, but also the fact that she really dislikes humanity, so they're concerned, as well, and they're looking out for other people as well as themselves.

I was wondering about that, because at the end of Lucifer Season 1, the two brothers were actually getting along, which is something they had never done, and if finding mom had broken out would keep them on that path.

Well, it is and it isn't. When we meet mom, we do learn very quickly what most of her agenda is, and I think fans will be surprised that she's just not hell bent on revenge. She is a mother, at the end of the day, who loves her sons and wants to be with them and wants what was taken from her, which will be revealed in the second or third episode, and she's not necessarily down there just to cause a ruckus. She's down there because she loves her sons, and we do find that out rather quickly.

There's also been a lot of miscommunication between mom and her sons and the situation that had her banished down to hell and Lucifer guarding her but never having any communication with her while she's there, there's certainly a VERY long time of letting miscommunication brew. That will be dealt with right away, as well, and you'll get to see a very different side to Lucifer as he's learning about and understanding some of the truths he didn't know.

You know sometimes parents will shield their children from the truth thinking it's somehow better for their children not to know the whole truth, and there's been some of that going on. It relates to some of their daddy issues from last year because mom was also involved in all of that. So it's not like it's a departure from last year, but it's in addition to last year, which I think fans will appreciate.

You touched upon something else I was wondering. Has she been in the loop on their lives? It seems they haven't been in the loop on hers, but was she given information and in the loop on theirs?

To the extent that she could, certainly before she was banished to hell. But that was a long time ago, and I think some knowledge was held from her, yes. So I think that was part of her drive, to see her sons and be reunited with then and she quickly finds out that they don't know a lot of what happened and so she has to fill them in.

So you're going to get to see a different side of Lucifer and Amenadiel as well, because in some ways, they're taken back to almost being children and seeing things differently, and that's really fun to see. It's certainly fun to play with as an actor, but fun to see.

Tom and I, our first scenes together, were the heavy duty ones. Our first day on set and we're like, OK, here we are with some heavy son/mother moments, and then subsequently later in the episode we got to do some of the fun stuff, the lighter moments, but we definitely were faced with, on the first day, OK, here are a mother and son who have some issues. [laughs]

It almost sounds like he may have something in common with his mother, even if he doesn't know it, because he left hell for kind of the same reason. He felt misunderstood and wanted to let the world know he's not the bad guy everybody thinks he is.

Yes, and we do get into that right away, a lot of what he was feeling, why he was banished there and why he felt like he was misunderstood has to do with a situation that happened. A lot of his anger with mom is that he thought, without giving too much away, that she didn't necessarily have his back, and that's not the case. There's definitely a familial relationship there and Lucifer does, in many ways, take after his mother.

Interesting. So there's a promo out with you dancing all sexily on top of a table at Lux while Lucifer is over at the bar looking on. Is that before or after he knew it was you?

[laughs] That is after. I have not seen that promo yes! I probably don't want to see that promo! It was a very fun day on set, that's for sure. With mom being in human form for the first time, it certainly lends itself to some learning and experience that she has to do. She knows all about humanity, but having never spent time down her or spent time in an earthy skin sack, as she likes to call it, there is a learning curve to figuring out what it's like to live down here.

And how did she happen to choose your precious body?

Well, it's not the first one that she attempted. So I think more just by chance. There were another couple of attempts, but you'll have to wait and see why they didn't end up taking, but it's not like mom specifically chose Charlotte's body, it was just more by chance. And it happened to stick.

And probably fit some specific purposes to have fun with her sons!

Well, there is some of that, yes.

Another son is on his way in Season 2, Uriel. Is he coming back because he heard mom is in town?

I don't know how much I can give away, but I would say your along the right track, yes.

Well, who wouldn't come home when mom's in town, right? What good is a family reunion without the whole family?

Amenadiel seems to be not necessarily following through with his mission, so there may be a little checking up that is being done.

That would give Amenadiel a taste of his own medicine, since checking up on Lucifer is why he's there.

Yes. Amenadiel has got a great arc this season as well, and he's really getting to explore and learn a lot about himself, at least in this first part of the season where we are now. DB's gotten to do a lot of fun stuff and the audience is going to get to know Amenadiel a lot better and what makes him make the choices he does.

So it doesn't sound like she's coming back to punish her children as much as it does she's coming back to have a relationship with them and get to know them.

Mom is definitely misunderstood, as well. I know you mentioned that about Lucifer. That's not to say mom doesn't have a dark side to her, but she really is a loving mother who wants to be with her sons and wants what was taken from her. I'll let the episodes air to explain what that really is. That is the driving force behind her agenda.

What kind of scenes are you going to have with Maze and Chloe?

Well Maze and mom have a history. There is no love lost between these two. Mom was banished to hell for a very long time, and Maze was basically in charge of keeping her locked up. Because Lucifer wanted nothing to do with her at this point, Maze was out to try and get information. Mom is not the type of person to feel threatened by Maze, which I think even further annoys Maze, that mom is not threatened by her.

And maybe mom will help mom will help Lucifer realize what's going on with Chloe?

Yeah. So far this season, I haven't had much going on with Chloe. I know I'm going to, but I don't know exactly what it is; I haven't read those episodes. But coming up, yes, I know there's something coming up.

The first part of the season in terms of mom, there's a lot to do with her sons and also the situation of being in a human body and trying live as Charlotte Richardson and so forth, so mom's kind of got a lot on her plate right now, but as she's being reacquainted with her son, of course she's going to realize that his attention is bespoken in Chloe's direction, and I'm not quite sure what she's going to be doing about it. But that will be coming up kind of mid-way through the season.

What's been the most fun for you to do so far that you can say without giving too much away?

You know, I really think the character for me has been because she's a very fun character. I was concerned that, "Oh, she's being set up with a very over-the-top evil arch," and I talked with the showrunners before and they said mom was not going to be this one-note arch character, and they have absolutely stuck by their word. So it's been a lot of fun not only to play a very maternal side and dealing with dysfunctional family issues, but also a very quirky fun side to her, and so that's been a lot of fun for me.

I don't often get to do comedy, comedy yet with a heart, so that's been a lot of fun for me. It's been a blast working with the cast and crew. It's not always easy coming into a show that's already going and has got its wheels turning like a well-oiled machine, but they could not have been more welcoming to both myself and Aimee Garcia who also came in second season and just immediately up to us and accepted us as part of the family. It's been a very nice experience.

Is there anything specific we should look out for to whet viewers' appetites?

I think in the second episode, you learn very quickly about mom, so there's a lot of fun and situational comedy with mom and you know, being the same age and kind of surprising them with who she finally is and just being there. But then there are really some heartfelt moments with Tom and you get to see a vulnerable, almost boyish side to Tom, and he does it so well. I think the fans are going to be so drawn into seeing this hurt, little boy side of him.

Don't forget to tune into the premiere, Lucifer Season 2 Episode 1, "Everything's Coming Up Lucifer," Monday, September 19 at 9/8c

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2016/09/lucife ... understoo/

- Tom Ellis adelanta la llegada de mamá desde el Infierno en la season 2 (EW):
Tom Ellis adelanta la llegada de mamá desde el Infierno en la season 2
Por Natalie Abrams 16 Sept 2016

His father may be God, but Lucifer is all about mommy issues in season 2.

After escaping hell in the finale, Lucifer’s (Tom Ellis) mother, Charlotte (Tricia Helfer), arrives with a goal that will cause an even deeper divide between him and his brother Amenadiel (D.B. Woodside).

“What mom wants is going to break Lucifer’s heart,” executive producer Ildy Modrovich says, teasing that her arrival will make for great fodder in the Prince of Darkness’ therapy sessions. “She watched as he was cast out of heaven and stood by and did nothing, so he’s got this resentment towards her,” Ellis explains.

Lucifer’s lady troubles will spill over to his dynamic with Decker (Lauren German) in season 2. “These two characters care deeply about each other, but they’re reluctant to tell that to each other,” Ellis says. Sounds like they both need counseling! EW caught up with Ellis to get the scoop on what’s next:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Where are we picking up with Lucifer in season 2?
TOM ELLIS: So we’re picking up right where we left actually. We start with Amenadiel and Lucifer on a desperate search for mom, because obviously they’re in fear of what she’s capable of. So we start season 2 pretty much on a mission to find her, but the trouble is they don’t know what she looks like, because she’s a celestial being inhabiting a human body. It’s a fun adventure to find her, but the overwhelming ominous nature of it is the thing that drives it. That basically leads us into what our big arc of season 2 is going to be, which is about mom, who she is, what she represents. She changes the dynamics of our characters.

What kind of relationship does Lucifer have with his mother?
Well, there’s a lot of stuff that they’ve shelved and haven’t talked through. He’s obviously in fear of her, because he’s felt she’s been a prisoner in hell. She watched as he was cast out of heaven and stood by and did nothing, so he’s got this resentment towards her. But he’s never given her the opportunity to answer why and I think that’s something simmering away at the bottom of him. What we’re trying to do really is humanize these relationships as much as possible — like we tried to do with myself and D.B. last year. We’ve got these celestial relationships, but actually they’re not that different than the relationships that we know with our parents and our siblings. What I love about the introduction of this character is that we see a side of Lucifer and Amenadiel that is very different to what we’ve seen so far, because they’ve never really had to answer to anybody. I mean the notion of having your mum around, you behave very differently, at least a lot of people do behave different in front of their mums. We have quite a lot of fun with that this season.

What does it mean that someone can escape hell? Can others escape too?
Well it means that we can’t afford to keep it unguarded basically. But yeah, it doesn’t mean that everyone is about to bust out of hell straightaway. This was the main concern and also the main thing for Lucifer is that he made this deal with dad as he was dying and he said, “I’ll do anything for you as long as you protect Chloe.” That becomes the driving force for Lucifer’s mission really. But as it starts to unfold, it’s not that simple.

How does Charlotte’s arrival change Lucifer and Amenadiel’s relationship?
They aren’t constantly after each other. They’ve been forced to team up again. There will always be this simmering resentment between them as the older brother and the younger brother. We start to get a sense of maybe our parents have favorites. But there is a big, big storyline for Amenadiel in season 2 about the repercussions of his actions in season 1 and him starting to do things for himself. They’re not sworn enemies as we start season 2. They’ve been forced together. I love the Lucifer and Amenadiel scenes, they’re a lot of fun to play out because there is always this undercurrent of bitterness between them, but when they’re forced into a situation where they have to team up, it’s quite funny.

Does Decker’s presence still threaten Lucifer’s immortality?
Yeah, Lucifer is still, as far as he knows, immortal, but also still vulnerable in the presence of Chloe. That’s still a big question that we were pushing to answer. Towards the end of season 2, we will fully explore that more. We do allude to that and touch on that at the beginning of season 2.

As to why she affects him?
Yes. We continue to ask this question, but it’s something that is going to play out over time.

How does the relationship change because he knows she is a liability in this way?
One of the interesting things about the end of last season is that Lucifer had this realization that he knows she makes him vulnerable, but yet he still feels compelled to spend time and be with her. That’s the overriding nature of what our show is, that suddenly he’s in a situation where he’s got free will and he’s got the ability to choose, and yet he still chooses to be with someone who makes him vulnerable. That’s part of Lucifer’s journey of changing from being the person that we’ve seen him to be and the person that he’s slowly evolving into.

Is there a possibility that she’ll finally believe the truth about him this year?
Well there is, but people will only hear the truth if they want and that’s the issue with Chloe. Lucifer has told her until he’s blue in the face that he’s the Devil. She’s witnessed many, many things that suggest he’s not of this world, and yet she still refuses to believe. She’s got such a logical, scientific brain that she thinks there must be another explanation. Obviously in the finale, she sees him shot point blank, basically die and bleed out, and then he comes back as if nothing’s happened. We don’t just ignore that, we pick that up in the first episode of season 2.

Is the show going to explore more of the will they-won’t they dynamic this season?
I think so. It’s quite interesting, because there was never really any sort of romantic thing between them. There was obviously the time when Decker got drunk and came to his apartment and he refused her in that state, which surprised him more than anybody. There’s this underlying sexual tension between them, so it will for sure play out over this season without a doubt, but there are other factors that come into it. We realize that these two characters care obviously deeply about each other, but they’re reluctant to tell that to each other. But through the actions of other people, we see that maybe Lucifer and Chloe care about each other a lot more than they say.

What will his relationship with Maze (Lesley-Ann Brandt) look like this season?
I would say season 2 is about Maze’s emancipation away from her role that we had. She was always at his beck and call. She was basically there as his demon protectant, to be there at all times when he was in danger, but now they start to come to an agreement where I hadn’t bargained on being on Earth for this amount of time. We allude to the fact that that’s not fair on her really, so giving her free will starts to give Maze her own identity and emancipation away from this traditional role that she was in. They start to become more like friends than they do colleagues.

How do Lucifer’s sessions with Dr. Martin (Rachael Harris) change now? Is it much more about mommy issues this season?
Oh, certainly that’s his initial issues in therapy when we start season 2. They change in terms of Lucifer is still always choosy about what he says to Dr. Martin, but there are times where she really hits a nerve and stuff comes out that’s quite a discovery for both of them actually. We’ve got some big stuff coming up with Dr. Linda around episode 6 or 7; there’s some quite big storylines happening, some well earned stuff. We’ve had some fun in those sessions and there’s been times when it’s really hit home and hit hard for Lucifer in those sessions, but there’s some big stuff coming up.

Will we see some more scenes with Trixie (Scarlett Estevez) and Lucifer?
Oh, for sure, absolutely. Trixie is back with a vengeance, that little dream killer. [Laughs] Yeah, we continue to have fun with that. It’s nicely simmering away.

How will Ella (Aimee Garcia) joining the force affect Chloe and Lucifer’s relationship?
Ella’s a very different energy. She’s a very un-cynical character, who is quite joyful and pure. That’s very intriguing for Lucifer. It’s an energy that he’s not used to having around, certainly amongst adult humans. At first he’s a bit bemused by this character. Ella’s good at her job, but she’s also a bit ADD, she can’t concentrate too long on one thing without drifting off. I think Chloe finds that a little frustrating at times. But, as we move forward in the season, we start to realize that there is some connection between Ella and Lucifer that might make Chloe feel a little bit funny.

Ultimately, how do you think that Lucifer has changed going into season 2?
When we started season 1, we had this devil that did what he wanted, there was no consequences to anything and he just was toying around. As that season evolved, he started to change, to feel, to emote, and he started to think more, he became more introspective. Then, with mum escaping hell, we start off with Lucifer in a much more emotionally vulnerable position than he was before. Obviously there is still the side of Lucifer when his guard is up, his full veneer is on in front of humans and he doesn’t show any weaknesses — we still have that side of our character, but we start to go a lot deeper with him, we start to peel away quite a few more layers in season 2.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/16/lu ... 2-spoilers?

- Tom Ellis: ‘Lucifer’ es ‘,ucho un niño de mamá de corazón’ (zap2it):
Tom Ellis: ‘Lucifer’ es ‘,ucho un niño de mamá de corazón’
PorLindsay MacDonald 19 Sept, 2016

Will the devil have hell to pay when mommy comes to town in “Lucifer” Season 2? Lucifer certainly thinks so.

With his mother on the loose, his powers on the fritz whenever Chloe (Lauren German) comes near and his truce with Amenadiel (D.B Woodside) back on solid ground, Lucifer will have his plate full this year.

We spoke with Tom Ellis about Lucifer’s mommy issues, where he stands with Chloe and what we can expect from the mother of all evil when she finally makes it to town.

Lucifer is on the hunt for his mother in Season 2. What are his plans once he finds her?

Tom Ellis: Well, I don’t think he has any plans because I don’t think he really knows what she’s up to. I think he’s convinced that she’s going to kill him and get revenge basically because she’s been in hell for thousands of years, and he didn’t talk to her at all. He left her completely unattended. Well, not completely unattended; Maze was her chief torturer. Lucifer didn’t want to talk to her because she stood by and watched as Dad tossed him out of heaven.

So he’s got a grudge against her, he believes she’s got a grudge against him, and when he finally catches up with her, it’s not what he expected.

We already know he’s got some daddy issues, so will we find out a little about his mommy issues too?

His daddy issues certainly don’t go away, and his issues with mum – in Lucifer’s head anyway – start to take some form of resolution early in our season. I think that there’s much more than he’s bargained for with his mum.

Does Lucifer take more after his mom than his dad?

Yeah, absolutely. That’s how we’ve sort of thought about it and played it. She’s the favorite part, of him, and I think they have a relationship that is very different to hers and Amenadiel’s. But yes, we can loosely say that Lucifer is very much a mummy’s boy at heart.

What is the dynamic between Maze, Lucifer and his mother going to be like?

I think Maze and Lucifer have a common ground when it comes to the torture aspect of what they used to do. This season for Maze is a lot more about Maze’s emancipation from the shackles of being Lucifer’s chief demon and sentry who looks over him. She no longer works at Lux. They no longer live together.

She’s going through some similar experiences that Lucifer went through when he decided to open himself up to working and living amongst humans. It’s the emancipation of Maze this season.

Can we assume that Lucifer’s vulnerability around Chloe is still a thing?

Yeah, it’s still a thing. As Lucifer divulged to Linda (Rachael Harris) at the end of last season, he realized Chloe makes him vulnerable, and Linda challenges him like, “Then why spend time with her? Why be around her?” He was adamant that he wanted to, and he doesn’t know why. So we stay with that notion.

At the end of last season, Lucifer is shot point-blank by Malcolm, and Chloe witnesses this, and then seemingly he comes back to life right in front of her. There’s a lot going on, so she’s quite flummoxed at the time, but at the beginning of this season, she’s still adamant that he can’t be the devil. There has to be an explanation, so she decides that she’s going to test his blood … to find out once and for all who Lucifer is.

What can you tell us about Lucifer and Amenadiel in Season 2?

They’re forced to work together again at the beginning of the season on this search for mum. You know, I think there’s a thawing slightly of their resentment towards each other. You realize that it’s much more deeply rooted than that. Amenadiel’s got a lot of his own issues this season that Lucifer isn’t party to. On the surface they’re two brothers who seem to be getting on much better than they used to, but as always in “Lucifer,” there’s a lot more stuff simmering away underneath.

How does this new character, Ella, fit in?

It’s fun actually because I’ve been doing a few scenes with her the last couple of days. Aimee Garcia, what a wonderful little thing she is. Ella’s character comes in — she’s the new forensic scientist. She is an interesting character for Lucifer because she’s a woman of faith, which obviously he has his own opinions of, but she’s also a woman of science, fascinated by science. She’s seemingly very innocent as a character, and the closest we get to purity as an adult character. It’s something that Lucifer finds unnerving at first and a bit perplexing.

Their relationship sort of starts to develop as the season goes on, which is an interesting one. She’s not who you expect Lucifer to be hanging out with, but there’s a strange intrigue between those characters. The thing with Ella though, is she of course doesn’t believe Lucifer is the devil. She just thinks he’s a method actor and he’s very, very committed to his craft.

Can we expect Lucifer to be singing again soon?

If people tune in for the season premiere, they won’t be disappointed if they want to hear me sing.

Do you love it that you get to sing on the show or are you like, ‘Ugh, guys, come on!’

No, I love it! It’s something that came about by accident. We always had this notion of Lucifer being a pianist, and Lux having this duel identity has a club, but then sometimes [Lucifer] likes to play. He just loves music. And me as Tom, I love music as well. I don’t know if our producers knew that about me particularly when they hired me, but along the way they’ve realized I do.

“Lucifer” premieres Monday, Sept. 19, at 9 p.m. ET/PT on FOX.

http://zap2it.com/2016/09/lucifer-seaso ... boy-heart/

- Tricia Helfer Lucifer Interview (yahoo):
Tricia Helfer Lucifer Interview
Por Carrie Bell 19 Sept 2016

On the season finale of Lucifer, Mr. Morningstar, in a panic to save Chloe and Trixie after being shot, cut an unspoken deal with his absentee father, God. In return for being healed, he’d have to find and reimprison one of his former captives in the underworld. Cut to binge drinking and the devil’s supersad/scared (but still sexy) face as he revealed that the runaway was none other than his mom.

It’s pretty safe to say Lucifer’s convinced that mommy fearest is hell-bent on revenge, but Battlestar Galactica alum Tricia Helfer, who will portray his parent/prisoner, hints that the devil did make her do it but possibly not for all the reasons viewers or her son might expect. Helfer chatted with Yahoo TV exclusively last month about mum’s possible motivations, why she wanted to join the cast, her character’s hatred of humans, and the devil’s tight Prada pants problem.

What made you want to take this part?
Well, I thought the first season was a lot of fun. The tone of the show is a hard one to get right as it is part procedural, part mythology. It’s based off of a comic and it’s its own thing as well. And a lot has to be said for everybody involved, but Tom Ellis, who plays Lucifer, he brought such a charm to the character, to the devil, who you’re supposed to dislike. It was just a really fun show to watch. They really found their stride in the second half of the season. And the way that it was set up [to introduce] mom, obviously, intrigued me right off the get-go.

Us too. There were just so many ways to go with the mother of the devil, who had been his prisoner in hell.
To be honest, my concern was, is she just going to be evil and kind of one-note? Sometimes those type of characters can be. I sat down with one of the writers/producers/showrunners, and she talked me through the first five or six episodes. I was drawn in immediately by the layers of the character. She has an agenda. There’s a lot of different things about the character. She’s not just the mother of the devil coming in and trying to seek revenge. She’s a mother who loves her son and wants what was taken from her. There’s a lot of comedy to the character and we get a lot of heart.

Does she escape with a purpose or does she just want to take a sinful vacation from hell as Lucifer did?
Does she have an agenda? Yes. Do I know all of it yet? No. But I honestly believe some of her motivation for escaping is to make up for lost time with her kids.

Lucifer has tons of daddy issues. In the season finale, they made it seem like his relationship with mom is no walk in the park either. What can you tell us about their history?
Well, I can’t divulge too much. What I can say is there definitely are mommy issues there. One of the fun things about the show, I think, is even though you’re talking about the devil and celestial beings and so forth, they are at the end of the day like any normal dysfunctional family with daddy issues, mommy issues, and brother issues. They’re just to an extreme. There definitely is a lot of miscommunication between Lucifer and his mother that we will reveal in episode 2. There have been a lot of unresolved issues between them. He definitely is under the impression that his mom will be out for revenge. Not only with him, but against humanity. So there are definite reasons for his anxiety and concern surrounding his mom getting out. They definitely have quite a history.

I immediately wondered, when he said God asked him to find and return his mother back to hell, if eventually he’d make a deal and form a partnership with his mom because I am guessing she probably ended up in hell in the first place because of her baby daddy.
He definitely likes to make deals, often to benefit himself, and just like there’s mommy issues and daddy issues with Lucifer, there are also mommy and daddy issues against each other. She’s unhappy with dad. I mean, he did put her in hell. So mom certainly does have an agenda, but I think one thing that’s really interesting about the character and that people may not be expecting is that there is a very maternal side to her as well. She loves her children. I’ve only read scripts of five at this point, so I don’t know [what happens] past that, but I feel some stuff’s coming that gets the story further along what she is planning. She’s been held in hell; she didn’t put herself there. It would be reasonable to assume she’s mad about it and doesn’t want to go back. A lot will be revealed in Episode 2, including a lot of Lucifer’s daddy issues. When you meet mom fully, there’s a big heart-to-heart that ends up happening between Lucifer and his mom where the audience will then understand a lot of the crux of where these issues are stemming from.

The showrunner teased a sure-to-be-delicious moment where one of the kids winds up accidentally flirting with mom because she has taken over such a gorgeous body.
Yes, there has been quite a few of them already. I think me coming in a similar age [as the sons] is confusing. Obviously, the body mom took over was not the way mom always looked to them. So it’s fun to play with. There’s a little joking about Oedipal complex going on. The scene that Joe [Henderson] was talking about was definitely fun to shoot, but there’s been a lot of really fun moments. She’s not setting out to be funny, but there’s a lot of comedy that I’m getting to do with the character that is more situational. There’s actually, in Episode 5, strong parallels with my own life. So I was giggling away, excited to play the scene. When I told my husband about it, he was like, “You’re not even going to have to act there.”

It was good because I had a scene with Lucifer alone and I had scenes with Amenadiel [D.B. Woodside] and mom alone together before we had scenes all together, which was nice for us as actors to kind of suss each other out and figure out how they would be with mom because a parent’s relationship with each child is different. We, obviously, know from the first season that Amenadiel has always followed his father quite strictly and Lucifer rebelled more against his father. So it’s interesting with mom now in the picture what that does to the brothers’ relationship as well. Amenadiel is going through his own issues; he’s having some trouble with his immortality as well. So it’s interesting to see the mix.

To have birthed those two, I figured they were going to have to cast someone quite striking. You certainly fit the bill, and that has to feel validating.
Ha. I certainly don’t look at myself that way, but what has been nice is they’re both tall and I’m tall. And I think in some way that also helps us and will help viewers meet and accept me as mom. Even though, again, this isn’t the way she looked to them. She’s taken over a body. But in the first couple of episodes where there are some real come-to-Jesus moments, and the fact that I’m there eye-to-eye with them, standing my ground, that can help when you’re having a harder conversation with someone. For me, that was nice to be able to be eye-to-eye with them and have a feeling of, “Yes, I’m their mother.” It’s a funny thing as I played a robot and a serial killer for many years, but I was a little concerned about pulling off a celestial being and having that kind of strength over these two strapping men. But I sat back and went, “But I did play a Cylon. I did play a serial killer. I’m neither, but it’s about getting into the character and finding out who she is. In the fifth episode, or sixth, we’re going to meet some more characters, possibly even other family members, and we’ll understand a lot more about how I could have birthed both D.B. and Tom. It’s a really fun element that they’re bringing in.

Do you think Six from the Battlestar Galactica reboot or the devil’s mom is more evil?
They’re in a completely different space. I think their similarity is in that they both feel their thinking or their side is right always. They both have a dislike for humanity. But with Six throughout the seasons and with each individual model of Six, her interactions with humans helped shape what she thought of them. Ultimately, some of them ended up helping the humans. She didn’t always hate them. That may occur with mom as well. I don’t know. But at this point, right off the get-go, I’d say Number Six is stronger and generally more of a bad guy, but I think there’s a side of mom coming out that’s hinted at that could change that balance a little bit.

You are quite the tomboy. You ride motorcycles and like to do stunts when possible. Do you get to use any of that?
We haven’t yet. At this point, I don’t see mom doing that, but who knows? It would certainly be fun if I got to. I’m personally pretty much a tomboy. I grew up on a farm, fixing farm machinery, driving quads, and things like that. Mom is definitely not that. Mom is a little bit more, proper is maybe not the right word, but this isn’t her normal form so there’s a bit of awkwardness with her. She’s got a distaste for the form that she is in right now.

Has there been a particularly funny or weird or interesting day on set?
Tom split his pants in the first scene I did with him, and someone said that was his sixth pair to split. The suits are so tailored to his body, within an inch of his life really, so that little fashion emergency is so common that they keep count. It really helped break the ice for us, though.

Lucifer returns for Season 2 on Monday, Sept. 19 at 9 p.m. on Fox.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/tricia-helfer- ... 36652.html

- Tricia Helfer revela la verdadera agenda de Mamá y su hijo favorito (TVGuide):
Tricia Helfer revela la verdadera agenda de Mamá y su hijo favorito
Por Sadie Gennis | 15 Sept, 2016 3:20 PM EDT

When his mother (Tricia Helfer) escaped Hell, Lucifer (Tom Ellis) was terrified of the destruction she might wreak. But when Lucifer picks up in Season 2, the fallen angel is shocked to discover Mom isn't out for revenge after all.

"She wants to be with her sons," Helfer tells TVGuide.com. "Obviously, she was banished to Hell for a very long time, so she's trying to make up for lost time in many ways."

Although Mom truly has good intentions for her relationships with Lucifer and Amenadiel (DB Woodside), that doesn't mean she isn't up to something even the devil would shake his head at. "She definitely has a dislike for humanity, so she's not too happy that she's stuck in an earthly skin sack, as she calls them. And going forward, she would definitely step on anyone who's in her way or trying to stop her from going forward with her agenda -- and she definitely does have an agenda," the actress explains.

"As this season progresses, we'll see more of what that is and it's in keeping with wanting to get back what she lost. She lost her family. She lost her life. She lost her home. So she definitely wants that back, so there is an agenda on Mom's part."

"Could that turn violent?" Helfer adds. "Absolutely."

To learn more about what Mom's life on earth looks like -- plus, what we should expect of Lucifer's other brother, Uriel -- check out everything else Helfer revealed about Lucifer's second season below:

Lucifer and Mom think they know everything about each other, when they really don't know each other at all anymore. What will surprise Lucifer and Mom the most about each other as they spend all this time together?
Helfer: I think what's surprising to Lucifer is how Mom isn't just hell-bent on revenge or out to get him. One of the fun things to see throughout filming is by Mom being there, how you get to see different sides of Lucifer and Amenadiel that you don't get to see on a regular basis. You get to see a wounded, vulnerable, young boy side to Lucifer that you don't get to see other times.

And I think they're learning to trust each other again. They're learning to co-exist down on Earth and Mom certainly has a way of getting in the way sometimes ... and smothering him to an extent. But going past that, Lucifer starts to realize that Mom does have an agenda and Mom starts to realize that Lucifer is maybe getting too close, enjoying it too much down here. And because of her dislike for humanity, she can't understand why he finds them fascinating.

What is Mom's opinion of Chloe (Lauren German) and her relationship with Lucifer?
Helfer: The audience is more aware, obviously, of Chloe and Lucifer's relationship. But Mom has been outside of that. Mom has met Chloe at this point, but doesn't know her, doesn't know her relationship. Mom knows that he works with the police, but she can't understand it. In many ways, she's trying to find her own feet in the first part of the season. And now that she's settled in, she's more aware of her surroundings and the closeness of Lucifer and Chloe will definitely start to get Mom's attention. But we're just starting to broach that now [in Episode 8].

Amenadiel is going through a lot of problems of his own this season. How will Mom factor into that storyline?
Helfer: Amenadiel definitely is going through a huge transition himself. As we know at the end of last season, he started to fall. He was always somebody that was closer and understood more of his father's perspective. ... Like any child of divorce, there are things the children understand or don't understand. When Mom left, Amenadiel was left with dad's description of what happened. So he was left with one side of the story as well. With Mom being there, he's definitely distrustful of her to begin with.

Things surrounding another son, Uriel, played by Michael Imperioli, coming down end up bringing Amenadiel and Mom together. He starts to see Mom and hear her side of things. With him falling and going through this internal struggle himself, and questioning for the first time his father's motivations, and here's his mom being there for him, so it starts to open his eyes to Mom a little bit more.

What can you reveal about the introduction of Uriel and how he shakes up the family dynamic?
Helfer: That episode will be quite explosive for the fans. Uriel coming down brings together Lucifer and Amenadiel in a way that they haven't been so far. Mom coming down also started bringing them together a bit. And then with Uriel coming down, it really does force them to take stock of things. It is quite an explosive episode and a very heavy episode for all of the family, but definitely for Lucifer.

Does Mom have a favorite son? And if so, who is it?
Helfer: Yes, Mom has a favorite son and I think it's Lucifer. Mom loves all her children and she loved her life before, but Lucifer in many ways follows after his mom. In many ways. Amendaiel has taken his father's side, and while Lucifer didn't take his mother's side, they have a lot of similarities. I think because he reminds her of herself quite a bit, he would probably be her favorite.

Given that Lucifer is her favorite son, how will Mom react when she learns that he brokered a deal with God to send her back to Hell?
Helfer: That is not going to sit well with Mom, so it will hurt her. How she reacts may be surprising. We broach that in the third episode.

Mom is in the body of a human, Charlotte Richards, who had a whole life and family of her own before she died. Will we see Mom step into Charlotte's identity?
Helfer: I won't give away the reason surrounding Mom stepping into Charlotte Richards' life, but you see that in the third episode. Charlotte Richards is alive to all the people around her. They never did find a body, obviously, because Mom took it over. So it's a big learning curve for Mom, having to deal with children. She has children of her own, but these are human children and she has to learn how to deal with that. And she has a husband and she has to learn how to deal with that. And ultimately, I suppose, she has to get back to work. In a way, work may be an escape from the house life she has to deal with, which she hugely detests.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/lucifer-sea ... charlotte/?

- Tom Ellis habla sobre la S2 de "Lucifer" (empireonline):
Tom Ellis habla sobre la S2 de "Lucifer"
Por Es Gross 19 Sept 2016

The devil is among us, and he’s not necessarily running for office. In this case it’s Lucifer Morningstar, featured character from the television adaptation of the DC comic of the same name who’s returning for the second season of Lucifer in the form of British actor Tom Ellis.

In the season one finale, Detective Chloe Decker (Lauren German) watched Lucifer die before mysteriously returning to life, confusing her even more on just who this unofficial “partner” in crime-solving really is. As the new year unfolds, the focus is on brothers Lucifer and Amenadiel (DB Woodside) putting aside their differences to deal with their mother, Charlotte (Tricia Helfer), who has escaped from Hell after being held there for thousands of years and is causing havoc on Earth. Now Lucifer has to keep his promise to “Dad” and recapture her, which, unsurprisingly, is considerably more challenging than originally expected.

What follows is Empire’s exclusive interview with Ellis, continuing the conversation begun last season.

How do you view Lucifer's dramatic thrust this season?

I would say that Lucifer's much less in control of things than he seemed to be in season one. What I have really enjoyed is that it feels like quite a different Lucifer in many ways to last season. There's still the Lucifer we know and love, but going on underneath all that there's a big push and pull about the deal that he made with dad, about his mom and what her presence here is. What does she actually want? At the same time, she's his mom. We grow to learn that Lucifer and Mom had a very close relationship in the past, that he was her favorite son, and there's a bond there. There's also a lot of unfinished business from the time that she was put into Hell by Dad, which is also a main thrust of the season. Plus the fact that Lucifer is still working with the LAPD alongside Detective Decker, and he’s still fascinated by her and what’s going on. And she’s equally fascinated by him, though quite quietly.

Any lessons “learned” from year one that you’d like to incorporate into year two?

No, I wouldn't say in terms of playing him. I think the writers have done such a great job with him. Like any new TV show, you do your pilot and your first half of your first season is basically reiterating what your pilot was about and establishing who these characters are and their relationships with each other. Then, middle of last season, I feel like the show hit its stride when Lucifer’s wings were stolen. For the first time you see something actually matters to him; that he actually cared about something. That really opened up a new side of Lucifer for our audience, but it was news to him as well. This season there’s a lot more layers stripped away. It’s much rawer at times. We certainly go to our darkest depths we’ve been to with this show.

It sounds as though a focus of season two is going to be on the family dynamic between the brothers and their mother.

Yes, family is a big theme for us this year. Which is great, because one of the reasons that our audience has bonded with the show is that there are themes and relationships that people recognize within, but they’re just represented by slightly larger than life characters. Everyone's got a mom, everyone's got a dad. It's an interesting dynamic that that throws up — certainly the presence of Mom in the show; everyone is different around their mom. You know, behave differently and want to perhaps be perceived differently, and Lucifer's no different.

But how strange is it calling Tricia Helfer mom?

Pretty weird [laughs]. I’m used to it now, but when she first came on board… I mean, I was a massive Battlestar Galactica fan as well, and I used to have quite a crush on Tricia back in the day, so there was this sort of Oedipal thing that was gong on…I’m joking. But we have a lot of fun with that in the show as well, because Mom is a celestial being who’s never had a human form, but she has to inhabit one. We have fun with the forms that she tries to inhabit where it doesn’t go so successfully, then the form she finally settles in is this character Charlotte. As you can imagine, it’s quite unnerving for Lucifer and Amenadiel that their mom is a rather hot woman.

Plus you had a crush on her.

I did, so it's downhill from there.

What seems particularly fascinating is the way that the audience seems to have really grown for the show between seasons.

You make these things and hope that they’re going to do well and that people are going to care for the characters as much as you do. It feels like people really do. When the pilot turned out like it did, I thought that this show could be really fun and entertaining. Now I feel like we ticked that box and found what the show is. We found an audience to watch it as well, which is great, and not just in America. It’s done really well around the world, mainly, I think, because of people’s fascination with the Devil. Another satisfying thing is that people expected the show to be one thing when they saw what it was called and the brief synopsis put out there. What I don’t think they bargained for was how funny the show was going to be — which was a massive appeal to me when I first read it. We’ve sort of built and snowballed since the show came out, which is exciting. It’s always wonderful to have another crack at it and build on what we started.

You’ve brought up the humor thing before, and what’s interesting is that when things are spiraling out of control on the show, Lucifer seems kind of desperate to hold on to the lightness.

He needs it. That’s his way of diffusing any kind of anxiety and anything he feels he's not in control of. One thing he absolutely knows how to do is be cynical or whimsical or satirical or sarcastic, all of which are his ways of protecting himself. That's his tool. When things start to go awry, he's really clamoring. I think that when you see the stakes are high, that's when the show's at its most fun and entertaining as well. As dark as the show can go, the humor pops in more, which is quite interesting.

There’s a certain tortured quality to Lucifer that feels very real. Is there anywhere you go to find the character within yourself?

I've always tried to take the weight off the whole supernatural side of it, and the celestial side of it, shall we say, and tried to explore how it would feel to have gone through those experiences. We equate Lucifer's time in Hell, for example, with a time he’s very resentful of. He didn’t want to be there in the first place. In a weird sort of why, it’s almost as if I’m dealing with a character that seemingly is this charming, witty person who sort of floats through life, but actually he’s done some pretty awful things that he was forced to do. He’s very resentful of that time, and he didn't want to be there in the first place. In a weird sort of way it's almost as if I'm dealing with a character that seemingly is this charming, witty person who sort of floats through life, but actually he's done some pretty awful things that he was forced to do.

It's almost like a celestial PTSD that he's going through from time to time. I don't want to make light of anything in the world at all, but the idea of someone working under a regime that they have no choice about, and being forced or made to do things that they didn't particularly want to do, and then they're being judged for those actions, that's the sort of weight that he carries around with him. On the more specific front, the family things that happened to him, I think anyone can connect to family issues and feelings of loss and resentment and love, and all of those things. That's what I try to tap into to make it as real as possible.

Is it tough to make the Devil sympathetic? This show certainly does that.

When you're playing a character that's a despicable character but it's the hero of your show, you, as the actor, have got to find something that you like about that character and you've got to have an empathy for something that they've been through. You don't have to condone stuff, but you've kind of got to try and understand it. That's always been a thing to me. I did a show a couple of years ago called Rush, and it was a similar kind of thing. It was a despicable character, really, who had a heart, but they were, through whatever experiences they had, hurt and they covered up this hurt with the way they decided to live their life. I never didn't like the character of Lucifer. What I loved about the spin on it was that he didn't like being this character. He didn't want to be that character anymore. He had no choice in being that character and felt completely resentful that he was seen in a particular light and he just wanted to be judged as his own man.

Lucifer does get indignant when people hit him with the trappings of the Devil.

Which is great fun, but there's some dark truth at the heart there as well. Badness and evil exists in the world, and throughout time people have tried to sort of almost shift that responsibility on to the classic cliché of the show, "The Devil made me do it". Lucifer's, like, "I didn't make anybody do anything.” This is the point: It's in everybody, and it's a choice of theirs whether they act on it or not. I think this notion of good and evil is a very black and white notion that film and TV falls into a lot. What I really like about this is there's a sort of gray ambiguous area that we haven't really explored, which is much more truthful to life. Lots of people do bad things. I'm not saying lots of people will go out and murder people, but lots of people do perceive bad things, everybody's flawed. If there's any message at the center of this show, which is never the intention but something that I think is quite true, it’s that people should take responsibility for their own actions rather than trying to pawn it all off to some mythical ether.

Beyond dealing with family, what is the deal with the relationship between Detective Decker and Lucifer? Is it running in place or does that get a chance to evolve as well?

There is an opportunity for it to change and grow. It's about both characters accepting, or conceding, and compromising about where they're at. At the heart of their relationship, both of them feel drawn to each other, and for whatever reason, whether it could be explained or not, they feel like they need to be around each other. That may come to fruition as the show continues. Those two characters are interesting, because when they're together in their most honest moments, they're the most disarming of each other than any other character. They have to be themselves. Chloe opens up something in Lucifer that he's confused about; he doesn't understand it and he doesn't know what these feelings are. Similarly, he makes her a better detective. He helps her somehow, despite herself. She's like, "No, there's something about this person that I need in my life." They feel very drawn to each other, but of course there is this continual back and forth between them, which is a kind of relationship that I’ve always been fascinated by in pretty much anything. Like Benedict and Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing. Everyone else can see that these two are probably in love with each other, but it's much more fun to watch them bicker and be at odds with each other whilst all that is going on underneath.

What’s odd about the structure of this show is that even though there is a procedural element to it, the mythology seems to continually be pushed forward.

It took us a while to really figure out what the show was. There is a procedural spine to it in many ways, but I don't think it's at the cost of the mythology of the show. Somehow our writers have managed to find this weird balance between the two where one isn't compromising the other, and they're actually working together somehow. They've managed to thread it all together. For me, a procedural drama is you're pretty much starting at the same point again each week. You’ve got your team, they do their thing within the team and they go out and solve a crime, and then the next week they come back and do the same thing. I don't think that ever happens on Lucifer because there's always other stuff going on. This season I would say Lucifer's in a different place with regards to what he's solving. The overriding thing of all of this is that the show doesn’t take itself too seriously. It’s not a particularly earnest show. That’s its saving grace. I don't know, it was something I was like, "How are they going to do this." As you said last year, it sort of works. It did work. They found how to do that and incorporate it within the show. It's part of the show. I think the overriding thing of all of this is that the show doesn't take itself too seriously. It's not a particularly earnest show. I think that that's its saving grace. Lucifer doesn't really care an awful lot about people, the bodies in these crime scenes, but it's about what's thrown up from that. Why did that person do that to that person? What's that emotion you're talking about? How can I apply that to what's going on with me? There's always a kind of selfish intention there from him tying to the notion that humans are a bit like lab rats to him in this explanation of how it all works.

Figuring it out, almost like a puzzle.

It's all new to him, he's schooling on it all. He's very good at certain things, but humanity is something that's pretty lost on him. His experience of it thus far is just souls that need to be punished.

Lucifer airs on FOX in the US and Amazon Prime Instant Video in the UK

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/feat ... eason-two/#

- Tricia Helfer de Lucifer: Mamá tiene su propia versión de los conflictos pasados — Además, la verdad tras ese guiño a Battlestar (TVLine):
Tricia Helfer de Lucifer: Mamá tiene su propia versión de los conflictos pasados — Además, la verdad tras ese guiño a Battlestar
Por Matt Webb Mitovich / 2 Oct 2016, 12:05 PM PDT

One thing is not for debate, presidential or otherwise, as Fox’s Lucifer dives into Season 2 after a one-week break: Mum is going to be tons of fun.

Viewers got only a glimpse of Lucifer and Amenadiel’s mother at the close of the season opener, when she appeared at LUX covered in blood and looking surprisingly distraught for bring the Devil’s maker. What brings Mum to Earth, and how will she get along with her boys not to mention her onetime torturer, Maze?

Making her full-on debut this Monday at 9/8c, Tricia Helfer shared with TVLine a look at the potential for family feuding ahead, plus why Mom’s “supreme” assets have the Battlestar alum hitting the gym as much as ever.

TVLINE | Tell me about how the role was pitched to you. How was Charlotte (as Mom comes to be known) first described?
I was definitely a little concerned — like, “I just want to make sure the character isn’t arch, or twisting her hair….’ I mean, I already liked the show. I was surprised at how funny it was, and obviously how charming Tom is, so I was intrigued but I definitely wanted to know more. So I sat down with [showrunners] Ildy [Modrovich] and Joe [Henderson] and they pitched me the first part of the season, “the arc of Mom,” and immediately I was hooked. They basically said no, there are going to be a lot more layers to her. She is definitely going to have an agenda but she’s not just this evil person coming in to be one-note. Also, everybody harps on the fact that she’s the mother of the Devil, but she’s also the mother of angels.

TVLINE | I enjoyed the way she was introduced at the close of the premiere, because it invited sympathy. She didn’t arrive with fire and brimstone and talons.
Exactly. You were left not knowing what she’s going to be, but definitely I think you had to have some sympathy for her, because she obviously went through something.

TVLINE | In that same episode, Lucifer told Dr. Linda about his childhood and what all went wrong back home — how when he got banished, Mom didn’t do a thing. Does Charlotte have her own version of those events? Is Lucifer maybe not remembering things correctly?
Charlotte definitely has her own version of events, and we get into it in Episode 2. Yes, these are celestial beings, but at the end of the day they’re a family, and sometimes as parents, in order to protect your children, you maybe hide a bit of the truth. There are a lot of factors that parents have to deal with, especially under the insane circumstances they were dealing with.

TVLINE | Speaking of the kids, compare Mom’s relationship with Lucifer versus Amenadiel.
Well, Amenadiel has always followed more his Father’s word. Amenadiel was the one that carried Mom down to Hell, on his Father’s command. So now that Mom is back on Earth, he is also very distrustful of her, but throughout the episode we’re shooting now, and because of things that happen along the way, he starts to question: Should he have been believing of his mother more along the way? She’s now here on Earth seemingly caring about him and loving him and being there for him, so he becomes closer to his brother in many ways, and he definitely becomes closer to his mother. In some ways, the longer Mom’s on Earth, the closer she gets to Amenadiel and the further apart she grows from Lucifer, which is the opposite of how it started out.

TVLINE | Would lucifer202_scn10_097_hires2“frosty” be a generous way of describing her dynamic with Maze?
[Laughs] “Frosty”? Definitely. Lucifer tasked Maze with torturing Mom in Hell, and torturing is certainly one thing that Maze enjoys doing, but Mom is the one person that she could never break. Not only because Mom is, I suppose, one of the ultimate supreme beings, and thus is ultimately more powerful than Maze, but there’s also this line, “Hell punishes people for what they’ve done wrong, but I actually didn’t do anything wrong, and that is why you could never break me.” So while is excited that Mom is in a human body, because she thinks that she can now actually harm her, Mom is pretty resilient! But the further we go along, Mom has a manipulative side, she definitely has an agenda. She dislikes humanity and demons. To put it point blank, she’s kind of stuck up! [Laughs] She definitely believes her way is the right way, and she wants what was taken from her — and she will kind of stop at nothing to get it. But in the beginning, we definitely have a lot of fun.

TVLINE | Yeah, we just shared a clip of where Charlotte strips down in broad daylight because she takes things a bit too literally.
She just doesn’t know! She knows about humanity, but that was her ex-husband’s “toy”….

TVLINE | It’s like when you see anything that reminds you of an ex. It raises the hairs on the back of your neck.
It raises the hairs, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. That’s what humanity is to Mom. She could care less about it. But the fact that she’s stuck in a human form leads to some rather awkward situations. It’s probably around the sixth episode where she really has kind of settled in and gotten to know a bit about how things work. She’s intelligent, but its the small details, like the things you just don’t say to people. There’s some situational humor, and that is one of the layers that I was excited to hear about when I first sat down with Ildy and Joe.

TVLINE | I said that to Tom last time I spoke to him, that the show is just so funny, so quotable…. They strike this great tone.
And that’s what I was struck by when I watched the first season. In these Season 2 episodes, there’s some stuff that’s really funny, but when there is heartfelt stuff, it really affects you, you’re really drawn in by it. Because you’ve got these two sons that haven’t had their mother, in many ways they almost revert back to vulnerable boys who want her love, because they haven’t had it.

TVLINE | This week’s episode makes clear that Mom is very, very pleased with the “supreme hindquarters” of the human form she eventually settled into. Does that put a lot of pressure on Tricia Helfer?
[Laughs] I certainly am making sure I go the gym….

TVLINE | Were you like, “Guys, can we dial it down, maybe take out one or two of these references to her ‘exceptional ass’?”
Of course, I don’t see myself that way, so I take it more as a joke versus being literal. I read it more as I’m similar in age to them [as Charlotte], so it’s shocking for them to see somebody that they may find attractive and it’s their mother. It’s not like my hindquarters are actually that supreme! But compared to what they would think of as their mother, yeah, it’s a very awkward situation. This wasn’t the first body she inhabited, but with this one she seems to be getting attention, and there’s a scene in the third episode where she realized this body can get attention from some people, so she can use that to her advantage.

TVLINE | The last thing lucifer-201_scn33_mc0046_hires1I wanted to ask you was about the Battlestar Galactica nod that was made, when she first stumbled into Lucifer’s club….
It is so funny because [the song] “All Along the Watchtower” is this huge element in Battlestar Galactica, but I honestly didn’t notice it when we were filming, because Tom prerecorded it. And even when I was watching and live-tweeting the episode, it didn’t dawn on me. And then I started getting all these tweets! So I immediately emailed Joe, “Did you guys do that on purpose? Because that’s pretty brilliant.” And it was a complete coincidence, because they had chosen it for the song itself. Tom is very involved in some of the musical choices, especially the ones that he sings, and Joe said that Tom wanted to do “All Along the Watchtower” — but this was before I was even cast! The next day on set after the premiere aired, the director, Nathan Hope, was like, “What is all this about ‘All Along the Watchtower’? I don’t understand!” [Laughs] It was just a fun coincidence.

http://tvline.com/2016/10/02/lucifer-tr ... 2-preview/

- Hablando de "Lucifer" con Tricia Helfer (empireonline):
Hablando de "Lucifer" con Tricia Helfer
Por Ed Gross 03 Oct 2016 22:59

There are few actresses who have made the kind of first impression that Tricia Helfer did as the Cylon Number Six in the opening sequence of the Battlestar Galactica reboot. Now the actress is getting to have a very different kind of impact on Lucifer. Cast as the mother of Tom Ellis' Lucifer Morningstar and D.B. Woodside's Amenadiel, and the ex-wife of God, she has escaped from her prison in Hell to be reunited with her boys and is intent on bringing a bit of the underworld to Earth.

In this exclusive conversation, Helfer previews her character, Charlotte, and the story arc that will be playing out throughout the second season of Lucifer.

There was something funny about the Lucifer season premiere where Lucifer and Amenadiel is carrying on, "Mom is such a scary bad ass!" and suddenly she shows up, she's you, and the first words out of your mouth are, "Lucifer, I need your help." Not what you'd expect.

And you definitely get to know more about mom in the second episode, that’s for sure. She’s set up to be a bit worrisome, isn’t she?

Just a little. One thing we're wondering is how strange it is for Tom Ellis to call you "mom."

It certainly took a time or two to get used to it, I think. Obviously when you're playing a character, you're going into it with your thoughts and your feelings about the character and everything, so you're expecting him to call you mom, but there was a giggle or two.

So what was the appeal of playing the Devil's mother?

I thought the show was really fun! The first season, I was surprised when I watched it at how funny it was. Then, when they did have these heavier moments, I was drawn in by it, and obviously, I think Tom and the whole team do a great job. I sat down with the showrunners prior to signing on and, again, as you said, in the first episode there’s not necessarily a lot to go on in terms of what this character is really going to be like, and for me to play. I sat down with them, and when they told me what they had planned, I think I was grinning ear to ear in the room, and immediately said, “This sounds like a lot of fun to play; definitely count me in!”

They kept to their word: Mom has been extremely fun to play, because she’s layered. She’s definitely set up as if she’s hell-bent on revenge, and there is that side to her that we’re starting to see come out later in the season, but she’s also a mom at the end of the day. A mom that loves her kids, loves her sons, and wants to be with them. She’s been banished down to hell for a very long time, and she wants to make up for lost time and set the record straight. There’s been a lot of miscommunication between them.

What a strange situation; sitting there saying, “You’re father’s been lying to you about me,” and instead of being a divorced parent, your father’s God! It’s just so odd.

It is, and there was a little bit of trepidation at the very beginning of all this in my mindset about I’m about to play the mother of angels, and the Devil and God’s ex-wife. I’m, like, “Wait a second! What do I have to relate this to?” Then, you sit back and you think about it. One of the things that’s interesting about the show is, yes, you are talking about the Devil, and God, and angels, but there’s still a family dysfunctional drama going on, and we get to see sides of Lucifer and
Amenadiel that you might not get to see if mom wasn't there.

From the first season and continuing in the second season, Lucifer definitely has some “daddy issues.” So does Amenadiel, and they have “mommy issues” as well, and now that mom is there, in front of them, they can’t escape the issues as much. You can’t push them aside and just keep going on, because she’s in front of your face, talking to you, wanting to deal with you, and wanting to either move on like nothing happened, and you won’t let it, or you have to dig in and discuss it. Definitely, with the introduction of mom, we are going to get to see more of the family dynamics for sure. If God and the Devil have issues, how can the rest of us not?

What's your take on this character?

She is the supreme goddess in many ways. She’s this celestial being and she detests humanity. In the second episode you’ll find out a lot of what the story is, and why mom doesn’t like Earth or humans, and why Lucifer thinks she abandoned him, and so forth. Also, she had an idyllic life! She loved her family, she loved her life and it was all taken away from her. She wants that back. It's family issues, just on a massive, grand scale. They don't know any different.

That was their life, this is their life, they are these beings.

The fun part of mom is she does dislike humanity and she does blame them for a lot of her troubles, but there's a lot of comedy involved in the fact that she is in an earthly skin sac, as she calls it. She’s not happy to be in human form, and she is not happy to be having to deal with humans on a daily basis. In the first season, to some extent, it was how Maze and Amenadiel and Lucifer were getting used to, in many ways, being in L.A., and now mom is having to adjust to being in L.A., and being in human form. There are some missteps along the way, and there’s some things that she learns. She obviously knows about humanity, she’s not completely ignorant, but then there’s certain things that would never have been in her realm of knowing, because it’s too miniscule. But being on Earth and being in L.A. it's not miniscule anymore, because you're faced with it every day. So it’s been a lot of fun for me to play this, and there is sort of an awkwardness and an innocence to her, even though she is not innocent at all. She definitely has a plan, she has an agenda, but it’s going to take a few episodes for her to get her swagger back, so to speak.

How would you describe her arc this season?

I don’t know the full arc, because I haven’t read past episode eight, but I have my ideas of where it’s going. She definitely, in the first part, is getting used to her surroundings, and used to figuring things out, and she definitely wants to work toward getting what was taken from her back. Through the mid-part of the season, we do see her agenda start to form and find out what that is, and I think, with that, we will find a darker side to mom. She's not shy and while she’s not “evil,” per se, humans mean nothing to her. She sort of looks at them as insects.

As an actress, what kind of journey has your career been on from Battlestar Galactica to Lucifer?

It’s been a lot of fun, it’s been a lot of hard work, and I feel fortunate that I’ve managed to keep working and getting to play all different types of characters. It’s been at times frustrating, but every career is and everybody’s journey is, so I definitely feel fortunate to have been lucky enough to keep working. This has been a really nice job to step into, because the character is a lot of fun, where I do get to play maternal and bad ass and funny and quirky. Mom really is quite layered. Also, every show has a learning curve, of finding the right tone, and some shows do it quicker than others. Everybody is just so lovely here. I sound like a broken record to some extent, because I keep saying this about everyone, but it really is a good group of people, and that’s not always the case, you know? Not every group of people gels together well. I had that on Battlestar, too. Battlestar became a family very quickly, and that’s what Lucifer has, so it’s an enjoyable place to work as well and a good group of people.

Does working in the sci-fi or fantasy genres allow you as an actress to have opportunities that maybe a straight drama wouldn't?

Yes, because you’re dealing with the “what-if” and you’re dealing with the exaggerated, right? Your constraints may not be the same as if you were dealing with a straight human drama, because your parameters are different. With that, there’s also the challenge, or the risk, of taking it too harebrained, isn't there? Unless it really is insane fantasy, with funny-headed creatures and all these types of things, then yes, of course, you can go bigger and whatever, but with Lucifer things have to be grounded to some extent, because you still are down in L.A., and you’re dealing with angels and demons and so forth. But not funny-headed creatures, and magical creatures, and things like that. They’re still in human form, they have strengths and powers and so forth, but they’re not shape-shifters or something like that. It's a show that has a unique tone, and they do it well. They've managed to find the right mix of procedural case of the week, and then draw in the bigger family story, and Lucifer's story. There isn't really anything like it on television right now.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/feat ... ia-helfer/

- "Lucifer" Show Runner Joe Henderson previews season 2 Legion M Co-Founder Paul Scanlan (wordballoon):

http://wordballoon.blogspot.com.es/2016 ... erson.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- LUCIFER | Character Spotlight: Lucifer Morningstar | Season 2:
https://twitter.com/LuciferonFOX/status ... 2048634882

- LUCIFER | Character Spotlight: Chloe Decker | Season 2:
https://twitter.com/LuciferonFOX/status ... 8885432321

- LUCIFER | Character Spotlight: Amenadiel | Season 2:
https://twitter.com/LuciferonFOX/status ... 0403499008

- LUCIFER | Character Spotlight: Maze | Season 2:
https://twitter.com/LesleyAnnBrandt/sta ... 7597651968

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- LUCIFER 2.01 | "Lucifer Is On The Hunt To Find His Mom | Season 2 Ep. 1 Promo:

- LUCIFER 2.01 | "Everythings Coming Up Lucifer" Clip #1:

- LUCIFER 2.01 | "Everythings Coming Up Lucifer" Clips #2, #3 & #4:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/08/lucife ... oming.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes bts de la S2 (19 Sept - 26 Oct 2016):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@AllCharisma: A teaser pic of my upcoming episode on @LuciferonFOX which happens to be premiering Season 2 TONIGHT!
@Ildymojo: @Aimee_Garcia is a hugger and @tomellis17 is her first victim ##lucifer##luciferonfox
@Ildymojo: How much do we love Ella!!! @Aimee_Garcia #lucifer #LuciferonFox
@kevinmalejandro: Us watching you, watching us... on @LuciferonFOX tonight! #Lucifer
@LaurenGerman: @kevinmalejandro gearing up for the west coast premiere of #lucifer @LuciferonFOX
@officialtriciahelfer: Just a mother and her son
@officialtriciahelfer: Some of the Ladies of Lucifer just being um...not sure what we're being. @rachaeleharris @laurengerman
@officialtriciahelfer: About to go to set to shoot a scene requiring these. Um...couldn't I be watching and live tweeting the #Lucifer east coast airing instead
@Ildymojo: She's baaaaack! Maze kicks ass again! @LesleyAnnBrandt #LuciferonFox #Lucifer
@Ildymojo: Happy, smiling faces... because Season two ruuuules!! @tomellis17 @LaurenGerman #lucifer #LuciferSeason2 #LuciferonFox
@Ildymojo: #lucifer behind the scenes!!
@Ildymojo: At the hotel bar in Vancouver during the shoot! @trutriciahelfer @tomellis17 @LouisMilito @LesleyAnnBrandt @cpaynegilbert #lucifer
@Ildymojo: Awww, I love @tomellis17 and @LaurenGerman!! #lucifer #chlucifer
@Ildymojo: Director Louis Milito KILLED it on this episode!! Thank you @LouisMilito Aaaand we had a stupid good time to boot. #lucifer
@Ildymojo: I love Ella!! (And @Aimee_Garcia) favorite delivery 'great eye, Luce...ifer.'. I laugh every time. #lucifer
@Ildymojo: I stabbed multiple women in the neck to find out how they reacted. #lucifacts #lucifer
@Ildymojo: Ouch. @trutriciahelfer #lucifer #luciferonfox
@Ildymojo: Reunited and it feels so good. @tomellis17 @trutriciahelfer #lucifer
@Ildymojo: Thank you for watching and welcoming Mum to our devilish family #lucifer @tomellis17 @trutriciahelfer
@officialtriciahelfer: Sunny shoot day in LA working with these crazy peeps. @luciferonfox @laurengerman @kevinmalejandro
@Alexkatsnelson: The magnificent @tomellis17 -- even more distinguished covered in powder. eternally #grateful. #lucifer
@Alexkatsnelson: The amazing @trutriciahelfer -- killing it! #bts #lucifer
@triciahelfer: Loving the swag from my visit and interview today @DCComics !!
@triciahelfer: I'm glad I wore blue to blend in @DCComics @LuciferonFOX
@Aimee_Garcia: Don't even get me started on devilishly beautiful people @LuciferonFOX .. We'll see u all tonight!
@IldyMojo: Stuck on set, pissed that they can't be home watching tonight's episode. #lucifer @tomellis17 @LesleyAnnBrandt @kevinmalejandro
@BRUCKHEIMERJB: Behind the scenes with @tomellis17 and @LaurenGerman on the monitors. #Lucifer #LuciferSeason2
@BRUCKHEIMEJB: Watching #Lucifer playback with EP @Henderson_Joe on location in Hollywood. #LuciferSeason2
@LuciferFOX: Here he goes again... #Lucifer
@craigastauffer: BTS shot of us filming the Uriel, #Lucifer, and Maze fight scene in the abandon church from this past monday's episode of @LuciferonFOX)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- LUCIFER 2.02 | "Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire" Promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Ib89jG8bY

- LUCIFER 2.02 | "Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire" Promo #2:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nueva imagen promocional de grupo de la S2:

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Revelados título y créditos del 2.09:
Desde el twitter de los escritores de "Lucifer" se ha revelado el título y créditos del episodio 2.09:

Imagen

https://twitter.com/LUCIFERwriters/stat ... 8959923200

El episodio 2.09 Tiene por título "Homewrecker". Está escrito por Mike Costa y dirigido por Greg Beeman.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 2.03 "Sin-Eater":
2.03 "Sin-Eater" (10/10/16 9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT): LUCIFER Y CHLOE INVESTIGAN A UN ASESINO EN SERIE - Lucifer y Chloe investigan un espantoso asesinato después de que un video del ctimen aparezca en los medios sociales. Cuando un segundo video aparece, se dan cuenta de que tienen en sus manos a un asesino en serie. Mientras tanto, la madre de Lucifer regresa como Charlotte Richards. También, Amenadiel, lidiando con su pérdida de poder, tiene una cita con Linda. Estrellas invitadas: Robin Givens como 'Leila Simms', Vik Sahay como 'Ray Codfree', Harry Katzman como 'Tommy Smith', Matthew MacCaull como 'Nicholas Sands'.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/09/lucife ... press.html?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 2.02 "Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- LUCIFER | "Season 1 In 666" Season 2 Promo:

- LUCIFER | "Lucifer's Worst Nightmare" | Season 2 Ep. 2:

- LUCIFER 2.02 | "Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire" Sneak Peek:
https://twitter.com/LuciferonFOX/status ... 8383460352

- LUCIFER 2.02 | "Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire" Clip #1:

http://tvline.com/2016/09/30/lucifer-se ... fer-naked/

- LUCIFER 2.02 | "Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire" Clip #2:

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/99414/ ... lem-video/?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 2.04 "Lady Parts":
2.04 "Lady Parts" (17/10/16 9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT): LUCIFER Y CHLOE INVESTIGAN A UN ASESINO EN SERIE - Después de que los cuerpos de dos jóvenes transplnatadas de L.A. sean encontrados envenenados, Chloe y Lucifer buscan al asesino. hunt for the killer. En cuanto a Maze convenciendo a Chloe de que vayan a tomar algo, lo que la detective percibe como un acto de amistad, pero que es en realidad una apuesta entre Maze y Lucifer, los dos toman una sorprendente decisión. Estrellas invitadas: Jarelle Hepburn como 'Stoner', Jordan Connor como 'Stoner Leroy', Nikolai Witschl como 'Cleveland Mathers', Kiko Ellsworth como 'Davis Fitzgerald', Maria Turner como 'Gisele', y Anne Leighton como 'Lily'.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/09/lucife ... press.html?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- LUCIFER | "Meet Lucifer´s Mom" Featurette:
https://twitter.com/LuciferonFOX/status ... 3525513217

- LUCIFER | "The Truth Behind Lucifer's Mother With Tricia Helfer" Featurette:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Revelados título y créditos del 2.10:
Desde el twitter de los escritores de "Lucifer" se ha revelado el título y créditos del episodio 2.10:

Imagen

https://twitter.com/LUCIFERwriters/stat ... 0107810816

El episodio 2.10 Tiene por título "Quid Pro Ho". Está escrito por Ildry Morovich & Julia Fontana y dirigido por Nathan Hope.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- LUCIFER | 2.03 "Sin-Eater" Promo:
https://twitter.com/LuciferonFOX/status ... 3514705921

- LUCIFER | 2.03 "Sneak Peek" Promo:

- LUCIFER | 2.03 "Sneak Peek" Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4462X7FAKEM

- LUCIFER | 2.03 "Sneak Peek" Clip #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l0cvmhKx2s

- LUCIFER | 2.03 "Sneak Peek" Clip #3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQGQzX7xwXI

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”