Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arr

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Revelado el título y créditos del episodio 3.16:
Ya tenemos el título y créditos de un nuevo capítulo gracias a Marc Guggenheim:

Imagen

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/ ... 7996510208

El episodio 3.16 de 'Arrow' tendrá por título "The Offer". Está escrito por Beth Schwartz & Brian Ford Sullivan y está dirigido por Dermott Downs.

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stephen Amell, John Barrowman, Colton Haynes, and Brandon Routh, about The CW's hit action series "Arrow," now in the midst of season three (imdb):

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi802336 ... r_emb_vi_i

- Brandon Routh On Starting To Suit Up As The Atom (accesshollywood):

http://bcove.me/wmgg4kjl

- Cómo Oliver Vivirá, Diggle se viste de nuevo, una incómoda amistad, el descubrimiento de Thea y Más (TVLine):
Cómo Oliver Vivirá, Diggle se viste de nuevo, una incómoda amistad, el descubrimiento de Thea y Más
Por Vlada Gelman / 19 Enero 2015, 9:22 AM PST

Oliver Queen may be dead… but he’s not gone.

On the winter premiere of The CW’s Arrow (airing Wednesday at 8/7c), the vigilante will still have a presence despite having suffered a fatal stabbing at the hand of Ra’s al Ghul, showrunner Marc Guggenheim tells TVLine.

Oliver’s loved ones, however, will be feeling his absence, while Thea inches closer and closer to learning the truth about her brother. Meanwhile, Felicity finds herself in a déjà vu scenario with Ray and forming a bond (of sorts) with Laurel.

Here are answers to some burning Qs about what’s to come, as we mourn Oliver Queen….

HOW WILL ARROW LIVE ON WITH OLIVER DEAD? | “You will certainly see him in flashbacks,” Guggenheim says. “In fact, Episode 10 has, I think, some of the most intense flashback action we’ve ever had. We’ve got Oliver literally ziplining between buildings, as the camera follows him through a window, and there’s a huge shootout…. You’re still going to get plenty of Oliver. The how and the when and the why, that’s all a surprise.”

HOW DOES TEAM ARROW Left BehindREACT TO THE NEWS? | Professionally, Diggle will again don the Arrow costume as he and Roy/Arsenal fill the crime-fighting void. But personally, for Team Arrow, “There’s a lot of emotional examination that we have to do,” David Ramsey says of the aftermath. With his military acumen and her techno-smarts, original team members Diggle and Felicity “become essentially the leaders on Team Arrow,” Ramsey adds. “And you also see me have very wonderful, poignant scenes with Katie [Cassidy], which is great. We both love Oliver, so you see these people, because of their different attachments to Oliver, react in various ways.”

WILL OLIVER’S DEATH INSPIRE RAY TO (A.T.O.M.) SUIT UP? | Arrow Season 3 SpoilersRay “was already on that trajectory,” Guggenheim notes. And even though what happened to Oliver isn’t public knowledge, there is a connection. “The relationship between Oliver’s death and Ray’s journey really lies in Felicity,” says the EP. “Felicity is of the opinion that Oliver went off to have a duel to the death with the most dangerous man in the world… basically, a suicide mission. And here she finds, contemporaneous with Oliver’s death, Ray embarking on his own suicide mission. In [Episode] 9, she said, ‘Why does this keep happening to me?’ and Ray represents an opportunity for her to try to fix what she considers a mistake that Oliver made, to prevent him from also tempting fate. Whether or not she’s successful, that’s part of these upcoming episodes.”

WHO CAPITALIZES ON THE ARROW’S ABSENCE? | For starters, Vinnie Jones (Elementary, Galavant) debuts this week as Danny “Brick” Brickwell, a rather impervious fella who “comes to take over the Glades” with a little help from some frenemies, says the guest star. “He gathers up some villains to help him — and it’s not a little team. It’s a pretty impressive lot!”

ARE LAUREL AND FELICITY ON THE CUSP OF FRIENDSHIP? | If only because the former is poised to join the costumed brigade, as the new Canary? “I would say they’re definitely friendly,” Guggenheim answers. “Are they on their way toward becoming friends? We’ll see what’s organic and feels right. Part of the fun of watching these two characters interact right now is they don’t have this background of friendship to fall back on. All they really have is this common denominator in Oliver, and in Oliver’s crusade. So watching that relationship slowly unfold and build naturally — with all of its awkwardness, where Felicity’s like, “Am I out of line by saying this? Am I out of line by saying that?” — is really fun and interesting, especially to watch Emily [Bett Rickards] play it because she always brings such an authenticity to those sorts of moments.”

WILL THEA BE TOLD ABOUT OLIVER? | “One of the things that is sort of the stock-and-trade of the show,” Guggenheim reminds, “is people keeping secrets from other people — when are those secrets going to get revealed? How do we turn those cards over? And once we do turn those cards over, what are the reactions? The Secret Origin of Felicity SmoakIt’s not spoiling anything, knowing us, to say that eventually Thea’s going to find out what happened with Oliver. Her reaction, though, hopefully will surprise you. And the how and when and why we do it will also surprise you.”

WHAT DOES OLIVER’S DEATH MEAN FOR MALCOLM? | Like, is the League of Assassins still after its castoff and those he loves? “That question gets answered very specifically [this week], because Malcolm is going to be the one to tell the team that Oliver’s dead,” Guggenheim shares. “All the repercussions that you’re talking about are still very much in play, and Malcolm’s the one who knows it the most and is worried about it the most.”

HAVE WE SEEN THE LAST OF RA’S AL GHUL? | Or was he brought on to do more than fell Oliver? Exec producer Greg Berlanti promises that the League of Assassins overlord is “very vital in the back half of the season,” adding: “You’re probably starting to see our tricks by now, where the midseason cliffhanger is very much declarative of the back half of the year. “

http://tvline.com/2015/01/19/arrow-seas ... rns-truth/

- ¿Es Ray Palmer el nuevo 'Salvador' de Starling City? ¡Brandon Routh lo revela todo! (EW):
¿Es Ray Palmer el nuevo 'Salvador' de Starling City? ¡Brandon Routh lo revela todo!
Por Philiana Ng 19 de Enero, 2015 8:15 AM PST

Brandon Routh is making the case for Ray Palmer!

Introduced at the start of Arrow’s third season, the charming, fast-talking and super-witty Palmer Technologies billionaire breathes a different energy into The CW comic-book show. Not weighed down by the vigilante lifestyle or a cursed family name, he has a perspective and approach on life far different from that of Oliver Queen (who will be M.I.A. for a while). And, he can hold his own against Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards)!

Routh is well aware of the mark Ray is making on Arrow (there's even talk of a potential spin-off!), especially when it comes to the passionate “Olicity” fans – and he has to be. Routh has been a part of a major TV love triangle before (see: Chuck), but this one may take the cake.

“I’ve been in that position before,” the 35-year-old star tells ETonline in a sit-down interview at the winter Television Critics Association press tour. “I was prepared [this time around], but it comes with the territory. Any time anybody is talking about the character in that respect is positive because that means I’m eliciting emotion – whether it be positive or negative. I’m getting a rise out of somebody.”

Things have been progressing between Ray and Felicity, both on a professional and personal level. After persuading Felicity to work for him at Palmer Technologies (formerly Queen Consolidated), the two partners have become a formidable and compatible team inside and outside the office.

“Ray only has good intentions with Felicity. Obviously he has no knowledge of her relationship with Oliver,” Routh says. “It doesn’t make him a bad guy really – it may make people not like him because they know what he doesn’t know.”

Comparing Oliver to Ray is almost unfair, the Superman Returns star notes, as both characters come from completely different sets of circumstances.

“Oliver lives in the dark, literally; he’s a trained assassin and killer and all those things are a part of his life. He’s seen a darker side of the world than Ray has. Being involved in fighting crime may change how Ray sees things. The vicious death and murder of his wife changed how he sees the world,” he says. “He’s still a very glass half full type of a guy. [Felicity]’s attracted to that lightness, and his naivete, I suppose, is attractive.”

And by the way, Routh knows some see his character’s incessant “pinging” of Felicity’s phone as verging on “stalkerish” – something executive producer Marc Guggenheim has also addressed.

“Ray gets accused of being a stalker, or having a stalkerish mentality, but I just see that he’s a smart businessman and he’s going after the best brain in the room and the best brain around that he knows,” the actor defends. “It’s not like he’s sexually threatening Felicity at the beginning of his search. He wants the best brain to help him achieve his goal, which is to save the city. Those are all good intentions, and it’s only in episode seven [“Draw Back Your Bow”] when they have the kiss where he goes, ‘Oh wow, it’s more than this,’ because he was fooling himself about it.”

As Ray marches toward becoming the Atom, his agenda becomes clearer and clearer as the season continues on, and it may not be a bad one.

“We start to understand why he’s doing what he’s doing, and there are a couple of conversations between Felicity that will happen in the next few episodes where you understand on a deeper level that he’s not here just because he’s a playboy billionaire wanting to make a cool suit, fight crime and wanting to be a hero,” Routh teases. “He felt helpless and he couldn't help the woman he loved most in the world. He’s there to defend her honor and her memory and everyone else out there who’s helpless and needs a hand, he’s there to be the savior.”

As a result, Ray and Felicity’s connection “deepens,” Routh says, and she’ll soon realize that what Ray is doing “stems from a real sincere place.” But, she’ll face a unique quandary once he introduces her to the Atom suit with the hopes she’ll be a part of his pet project – “something she may or may not want to do.”

As for Starling City’s crime problem post-Oliver’s death, it’ll be “open season” for criminals in Starling City – a fact of life Ray will have to confront as he becomes more “involved with city politics.” Something tells us Ray will be wishing for the return of the Arrow sooner rather than later.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/156483_arrow ... er_claims/

- Stephen Amell habla sobre ARROW, la muerte de Oliver Queen, la adversidad y el conflicto, episodios futuros con THE FLASH, y más (collider):
Stephen Amell habla sobre ARROW, la muerte de Oliver Queen, la adversidad y el conflicto, episodios futuros con THE FLASH, y más
Por Christina Radish 19 Enero 2015

With Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) presumed dead, after the face-off between he and Ra’s al Ghul (Matt Nable) in the Arrow winter finale, there’s no telling where Team Arrow will go next or how they’ll fare without him. What is clear is that fans of the show will have to wait a bit before learning his true fate because no one is revealing anything.

While at The CW portion of the TCA Winter Press Tour, actor Stephen Amell talked about how he personally loves it when there is adversity for the protagonists, what he thinks it would take for Oliver Queen to have survived, why Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is so important to him, his favorite episodes, his hope to continue to do cross-over episodes with The Flash, and the advantage of keeping the DC movie and TV universes separate. Check out what he had to say after the jump.

Question: Oliver Queen is supposedly dead. How did they warn you of how the winter finale was going to conclude, and had you been looking forward to an arc like that?

STEPHEN AMELL: There was no warning. We had a very full discussion about the third season, back in late June or early July, and they said, “The first arc of our season will commence with Sara’s death, and will end with Oliver facing Ra’s al Ghul and losing. I personally love when there is adversity for the protagonists. And when we give other characters on the show an opportunity to acquit themselves and to come more into leading roles. We’re 50-plus episodes into the show, and if we don’t give other characters an opportunity to shoulder the load, then we give nothing for the viewers to attach themselves to. So, I’m excited for everyone’s opportunity.

Oliver’s probably going through one of the most transformative periods of his life right now. Can you hint at all about how that will change him?

AMELL: No, I can’t.

What do you think it would take for him to have survived?

AMELL: We just saw him fall. We’ve seen Oliver survive. So, [we don’t know] whether he went straight off the cliff, whether something broke his fall, whether he hit the ground. We have mystical herbs on the show that have healing powers. We’ve seen a Lazarus Pit, although that’s not something that’s going to be used for Oliver. I hope he survives. I like playing him.

The last thought he had was of Felicity, which is really telling. Can you talk about how their relationship has come to that point, where she is so important to him?

AMELL: Both Laurel and Sara were elements of his past. Obviously, Sara and Oliver tried to rekindle things. But, both of those relationships really rely heavily upon the type of person that he was before he left. As he has become more accepting, less introverted and less damaged by what happened to him the five years that he was away, the guiding principle in that transformation has been Felicity.

Did you always know that relationship was going to go that way?

AMELL: No, and neither did the producers, by the way. But, those things happen. along the way. With Emily and I, our characters worked well together and, as a result, that’s the direction that we took. Before this season, when I said, “There is one woman in Oliver’s life this year, and that is Felicity,” I don’t see that changing.

With the introduction of Brandon’s character there was a love triangle that began with Oliver, Felicity and Ray. Would you like to see that continue?

AMELL: Well, Oliver would have to certainly come back. I’m envious of Brandon’s character because of how fun and carefree he is, despite the fact that he is doing what he is doing because of a tragic event in his life that actually happened quite recently. But the big thing is that I just enjoy Brandon, personally. He and I have only worked together one day. It was the third day that we shot this year. So, I’m hopeful that sometime in the future, we’ll get to do more stuff.

We’ve really seen the evolution of this universe, and all of these characters and storylines. What’s it been like for you to be at the center of all of that?

AMELL: It’s been wonderful, every time we are given permission to bring someone like Grant [Gustin] on as Barry Allen, and then you see some of the guest stars that we’ve been able to get on our show. Getting John Barrowman was such a coup, in our first season. But then, you see on The Flash, Wentworth [Miller] and Dominic [Purcell] and Victor [Garber], and Brandon [Routh] for us, certainly. I feel like every time that happens, that’s a vote of confidence.

With the grind of this show, when do you find time to work out and keep up the physicality that this role requires?

AMELL: I wouldn’t call it a mistake, but I went so balls to the wall with the training for the pilot. The pilot was this stand-alone event, where we had 17 days to shoot one episode, I had a month to prep, and I had so much adrenaline that I was able to work out every day when we’re filming. Whereas the season is a 23-episode marathon with eight days to shoot and travel. I worked until 4 o’clock in the morning on Saturday, and then I had to travel for work yesterday and now we’re here, which is lovely, but I have to pick my spots. I have to get notice from the producers, if and when I’m going to be shirtless on the show, so that I can ramp up because I can’t go through a process where I maintain that pace of the pilot. It’s impossible.

Do you have a favorite episode of the show?

AMELL: I’m always going to be a slave to the recent and new. I was so proud of our mid-season finale, this year. I think that the episode when Moira died, last year, was our show’s execution at its finest. I have no doubt that there will be more, towards the end of this season, and they do happen towards the end of the season because there’s just more at stake and you’re getting the opportunity to pay off more things. I have incredibly high hopes for our 14th episode, this year. I think that, if you’re a fan of the show, and have been a fan of the show from the beginning, and have been paying attention, you’re really going to enjoy that episode.

How did you enjoy getting to do the cross-over episodes?

AMELL: I think that the cross-over was a new experience. I thought that they were two of the best scripts that either show has ever put forward. The logistical elements of it were something that we had to figure out, as we moved along, but I think that everybody did a great job, and that future cross-overs will be even bigger and better and smoother.

Would you like to see a more integrated universe between The Flash and Arrow?

AMELL: It’s fantastic! There’s just something about the chemistry between [Grant and I], and the differences between the characters, where we each get to shine a light on the other one, and I think that light is always really illuminating. So, I do hope that we get more opportunities to cross over, and I know that we will.

When The Flash debuted, you were supportive of DC giving Grant Gustin a chance at the role in the film. Now that they’ve established a separate movie and TV universe, have you made peace with that idea?

AMELL: I was always at peace with the idea. I was disappointed at the timing of the announcement. It’s not about whether or not I support Grant in the movies or me in the movies, or any of these characters in the movies, it was more just about feeling that the timing of the announcement was bad. I wasn’t mad, per se. But, I’ve spoken a lot with DC people about how having a separate universe and focusing on each of those spots being the best that they can be is just as advantageous, or possibly more so, as having to focus and worry about constantly cross-breeding or cross-pollinating everything. So, I feel fine about it. A lot of people have said, “Well, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a good show, but boy they’re just tied to the films,” and sometimes that can be a hindrance. So, I like our position.

http://collider.com/stephen-amell-arrow-interview-tca/

- John Barrowman habla sobre ARROW, lo divertido de interpretar a Malcolm Merlyn, el aparecer en futuros episodios de Crossover, y más (collider):
John Barrowman habla sobre ARROW, lo divertido de interpretar a Malcolm Merlyn, el aparecer en futuros episodios de Crossover, y más
Por Christina Radish 20 Enero 2015

With Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) presumed dead, after the face-off between he and Ra’s al Ghul (Matt Nable) in the Arrow winter finale, there’s no telling where Team Arrow will go next or how they’ll fare without him. What is clear is that fans of the show will have to wait a bit before learning his true fate because no one is revealing anything.

While at The CW portion of the TCA Winter Press Tour, actor John Barrowman, whose love for all things geek is infectious, spoke to Collider for this exclusive interview about how much fun it is to play the villainous Malcolm Merlyn, why Malcolm thinks he’s a hero, why he carefully picks the times that he’ll help Team Arrow, that a lot of stuff that’s happening is Malcolm’s doing, how Team Arrow feels about Malcolm delivering the news about Oliver, that Ra’s al Ghul is the one person who makes Malcolm nervous, and why it makes perfect sense for him to do future crossover episodes. Check out what he had to say after the jump.

Collider: How much fun has it been to play a character who could do good if he wanted to, but is clearly having more fun not?

JOHN BARROWMAN: As a kid, I used to play with Amigo action figures, DC figures and Marvel figures. I’m a fan of comic books. I’m a nerd. I’m a geek. I’m all that stuff. To be playing one of the iconic DC villains is incredible. It’s like turning a soda water into a vodka soda. It’s adding that kick to it. Malcolm could be good. He wanted to be the hero. I think Malcolm still sees himself as a hero. I don’t think he thinks what he’s doing is wrong, which is what makes him interesting to the audience. But also, there’s a heart down there somewhere. What’s interesting is that when Malcolm does reveal things to people, it’s to the audience. It’s never to other characters, really. So, the audience is in on Malcolm’s secret. That’s what I think they really like about him. They’re getting the secret, where the characters are not.

If every villain is the hero of their own story, in what way does Malcolm Merlyn see himself as the hero?

BARROWMAN: Every day, he is heroic. Although he isn’t seen in every episode, Malcolm sits back and watches what’s going on and steps in when he’s needed, to save Thea from the Mirakuru, or to help Oliver when he’s in a fight. I can’t give anything away, but he steps in quite a bit, coming up. So, every day, he is heroic. He is the watcher and the keeper of everybody. He’s watching over Oliver. He’s watching over the hero, himself. So, of course, he sees himself as the hero, every day.

If he’s watching everything, why does he only pick the times that he does to step in and help?

BARROWMAN: Because he wants other people to grow. What’s really funny is that I am the oldest in the cast, and I do that with everybody else. People will discuss stuff or want to talk to me about things, and then I let them make their own decision. It’s exactly the same with Merlyn. He sees something happen, but then decides not to help because they need to fall flat on their face and get their ass kicked, in order to survive, so he lets it happen. It’s art mirroring life, and life mirroring art. It’s really weird. Except I don’t go out and kill people. He chooses the moments where he knows that the people that he’s going in to help would risk death. There’s that heart down there. He actually does care for people, in his own sinister, cynical, twisted way.

Every time we learn a little bit about Malcolm Merlyn, he sees just as mysterious as he was, before whatever it was we learned. You’ve always said that you know a bit more than the audience does, but is that still the case?

BARROWMAN: Yes. I’m not left in the dark. I know what’s coming. I know the words that are going to be said between characters that are going to be like punches to the face of the audience. I know the alliances that are going to be formed. I know the break-ups that are going to happen. Malcolm is not the one who instigates all of it, but Malcolm is the magician. He is the one who is in control, once removed. So, a lot of stuff that is happening is Malcolm’s doing.

Team Arrow believes Oliver Queen is dead, but the show is called Arrow, so he has to return, at some point. Does Malcolm believe that Oliver is dead, or does he know that things may not be what they seem?

BARROWMAN: Without giving anything away, Malcolm sent Oliver off to fight Ra’s to die, and Malcolm sent Oliver off to fight Ra’s to win. If Oliver dies, Malcolm gets his objective. If Oliver wins, Malcolm gets his objective. It’s a win-win situation for Malcolm. He knew what he was doing. But what you will find out coming up, when Malcolm goes to Diggle, Felicity, Roy and Laurel to reveal that Oliver is dead, in that sequence, you finally discover how he feels about Oliver and what the truth is.

When Malcolm delivers the news to Team Arrow, is he aware that they could kill the messenger?

BARROWMAN: He’s not worried about that, at all. In every situation, up to this point, with anyone in that room that he’s had a confrontation with, they’re afraid of him and he knows that. He could win. The only one who could give him a run for his money is Oliver. But as we’ve seen in the past, Malcolm has faked his death. Malcolm has beaten Oliver. So, he’s not worried about that. They’re more fearful of him being in their zone, then he is of being in their zone. He’s in total control.

What was it like to film that scene and be there for their reaction?

BARROWMAN: Oh, it was great! Their reaction was incredible. Their reaction is awesome, particularly Dig’s reaction. He just looked at me, and if a look could kill, he would have killed me with his look, alone. That gag plays a lot, in the second half of the season. That’s all I’ll say. It’s quite funny. Felicity says, “We are actually talking to him?!” Roy wants to fight me, but is afraid to because he knows I could kick his ass. I go in to try to help things, but I come up to a total wall of aggression. It’s awesome.

Does Ra’s al Ghul truly make Malcolm as nervous as he seems to be about him?

BARROWMAN: The one person Malcolm fears is Ra’s, a little bit. That’s why he went off and did all the things on his own. He felt that he would not be able to do what he needed to do, if Ra’s was his be-all, end-all. It’s not the first time he’s been hunted. He’s been running and keeping himself protected for years. But, it’s at the point where the shit is hitting the fan. Nyssa is around, and there are assassins out there that are ready to kill. This is the first time there’s an element of fear in Malcolm because of Ra’s. But, he’s not afraid to stand up to him.

Is Malcolm’s priority to protect Thea?

BARROWMAN: Malcolm is training Thea to protect herself because, if he is not there, she needs to be able to do that. Malcolm is not afraid of death.

Because the cross-over episodes for Arrow and The Flash were so successful, there are bound to be more, in the future. Is there anyone that you’d love to see Malcolm either work with or go up against?

BARROWMAN: I am not saying anything! But I went to a convention just for comics and I searched through Flash comics, and I found a Flash comic with Malcolm Merlyn on the cover. I immediately bought the two copies that were there, and I kept one for myself and gave one to the writers’ room. It was a totally subtle hint. And there are other things, down the line, that are hopefully going to happen. I would love to do the cross-overs. It makes perfect sense.

http://collider.com/john-barrowman-arrow-interview/

- Stephen Amell que Todo Héroe Debe Caer — 'Y con suerte que estén vivos para aprender la lección' (TVLine):
Stephen Amell que Todo Héroe Debe Caer — 'Y con suerte que estén vivos para aprender la lección'
Por Matt Webb Mitovich / 20 Enero 2015, 3:00 PM PST

Heroes must occasionally fall, says Arrow star Stephen Amell.

And Oliver Queen has fallen, hard, run through with a sword and pitched off a snowy cliff by the mighty Ra’s al Ghul at the close of the CW hit’s midseason finale.

Oliver surely will live to fight crime another day, yes? Amell won’t say as much. But in this TVLine Q&A, the show’s super ambassador gives reason for true fans to tune in (as Season 3 resumes this Wednesday at 8/7c), teases must-see stunt sequences and surveys the chance for great love on the action-packed drama.

TVLINE | That was a pretty bold move they did there with the trial by combat. That’s the stuff of season finales.
It is the stuff of season finales. Absolutely. You know, the break that you take in the wintertime is almost as long. So yeah, very bold, but that’s always been the move of [executive producer Greg] Berlanti & Co.

TVLINE | What can you say about Oliver’s circumstances right now?
In the present day? Nothing. Dragged on a rickshaw through the cold and the wind and the rain and snow, and hopefully heading for recovery.

TVLINE | Will we get to witness this crucible ahead for him, or is this fodder for future flashbacks in later episodes, later seasons?
Clearly, we’ve seen from the preview, we’re going to revisit the spot of the duel with Ra’s. And then as far as recovery goes… again, hopefully. But Oliver’s story, however it plays out, will continue to be told in real time, and the flashbacks will continue. The basic construction of the show will remain the same.

TVLINE | So we’re not done with the Hong Kong flashbacks. They didn’t end with Maseo’s wife disappearing?
No. Not at all. There are Hong Kong flashbacks in Episode 10 and 11, and then 12 is someone else’s flashbacks.

TVLINE | Why do you think it was important to put Oliver through this right now?
Well, I think that as much as I like being victorious over the Dark Archer or Deathstroke, there is an important element on any television show, and that is that you have to defeat your protagonist every once in a while, so that hopefully he or she learns something. And hopefully they’re alive to learn the lesson.

TVLINE | It’s a peaks-and-valleys thing. Coming out of Season 1, Oliver was at rock bottom. Out of Season 2, riding high, king of the world. And now he’s been knocked back down.
Yes. In fact, the whole first nine episodes [of Season 3] have been incredibly difficult for him — save for the first three acts of Season 3, until his dinner with Felicity gets blown up. It’s been tough sledding since then — to say nothing of his mother’s death, which we always try to honor when we’re discussing recent events on the show.

TVLINE | Will what’s happened here in essence trigger the back half of the season?
Absolutely, because it forces other people into roles that maybe they weren’t ready for or didn’t think they were ready for, but now they’re forced into them.

TVLINE | People like Roy….
People like Roy, people like Laurel. People like Ray Palmer. There’s a void.

TVLINE | You mention Ray — is Oliver’s latest death public knowledge?
No. For the team, he’s missing. For the public, Oliver is not really in public life anymore, so pretty much the only person who’s concerned about his whereabouts is Thea — but she is being misdirected by her father.

TVLINE | So the most that Ray might notice is that the Arrow hasn’t been out doing his thing.
Correct. And [Detective] Lance as well. Probably Lance more than Ray.

TVLINE | Are the Lazarus Pits part of the Arrow TV show world?
Yes.

TVLINE | OK. Because I know the producers have always had a set of rules about what’s real, what’s…
How the Lazarus Pit works, I think, is up for debate. That being said, I’m pretty sure it was confirmed that when we first met Matt Nable’s Ra’s al Ghul, he had been in a Lazarus Pit. When he said, “It’s been 67 years since someone challenged me,” unless he was negative-15 when that happened, he’s looking pretty good!

TVLINE | What do you have to say to fans who are concerned that we’re going to be betting a little less Oliver these next couple episodes?
I would say that if you’re a fan of the show, you’re a fan of the show because of the story that the writers and producers have crafted over 53, 54 episodes. You should just trust and be patient.

TVLINE | Like you said, it’s a time for other heroes to rise.
Absolutely. You can’t have a television show that is going to sustain interest and continue to grow and become better if it’s just the same all the time. If you don’t elevate new characters and make them as important as the main character, then you’re dead in the water. You’re going to become stale. So, I want to see a discussion in the Arrowcave where Roy steps to the forefront and says, “I’m making the decision, let’s go. This is going to be my show this time.” I think that we have characters that are ready for moments like that.

TVLINE | One bit of housekeeping here: Why did Oliver not tell Thea his secret when he was confronting her about the trip she took? If he’s trying to convince her what a bad man Malcolm is, why doesn’t he come out and say…
Right. I think it’s because at that point in time Oliver thought he was going to win the duel [with Ra’s], and maybe he could have that discussion with her on the other side of it. But for the time being the focus was on having the opportunity to tell her that he loves her and that he’ll do anything for her.

TVLINE | On the romantic front, Sarado you think there is a place on Arrow for a great love? I mean, Smallville had Clark and Lois, the Spider-Man movies always involve Mary Jane or Gwen…. A female is always a part of the hero’s journey.
I think that both Laurel and Sara, for Oliver, were loves that were principally from the past, from before the boat. And any other sort of brief relationship that he’s had has been flawed. Felicity has clearly, over the course of two-plus seasons, grown into that love for him. It’s just a matter of whether or not they can ever find a spot where they can make it work on an ongoing basis.

TVLINE | If/when Oliver resurfaces, do you think he and Felicity will be moved to be a bit more frank about their feelings for one another, a little bit more selfish, and just kind of go for it?
I don’t think that they could be any more frank than they’ve been, or certainly than Oliver has been. He’s told her that he’s loved her three times, actually, because clearly he meant it in the finale of Season 2, and she’s never said it back. But I think that they’re pretty much on the same page in terms of he loves her and I think that she reciprocates. I think. I don’t know, I can’t get inside her head. She certainly hasn’t said, “I don’t love you,” so it’s about whether or not there’s a time for them.

TVLINE | You’re always so great about teasing upcoming epic fight or stunt sequences. What’s an episode to watch?
From an action standpoint, I get special feelings about certain episodes — and I have that feeling about Episode 15, which we’re actually filming right now. But also, I think that Episode 14 is the biggest nod to the fans and will be one of the most enjoyable episodes that you’ll get to watch if you’ve been a fan of the show since the beginning.

http://tvline.com/2015/01/20/arrow-seas ... iver-dead/

- ¿Cómo manejará el Team 'Arrow' la desaparición de Oliver? (EW):
¿Cómo manejará el Team 'Arrow' la desaparición de Oliver?
Por Natalie Abrams 20 Enero, 2015 a las 7:06PM

Get ready to have all the feels when Arrow returns with its first episode post-Oliver’s death.

After Oliver (Stephen Amell) took the fall for the murder of Sara (Caity Lotz), the emerald archer faced off with Ra’s al Ghul (Matt Nable) and unfortunately lost, seemingly costing him his life. “Stephen Amell is really enjoying playing Toliver, who is Oliver Queen’s identical twin brother that you’ve never heard of before,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim deadpans. “That’s a spoiler. That’s exclusive for you.” He’s kidding. Don’t worry.

“I don’t think the audience is wondering whether or not he’s really dead,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg chimes in. “It’s wondering how he’s going to come back. The answer to that question is really revealed over these next three episodes, which were designed to be a trilogy of what happened to Oliver Queen and what happens to Starling City and its heroes when their leader and their inspiration isn’t there to guide them anymore.”

First, however, the team will actually have to find out the truth that their leader has fallen. “We’re shocked and pissed when we get that news from Malcolm Merlyn [John Barrowman],” David Ramsey says, noting that Diggle will suit up in the Arrow costume while Oliver is gone to keep up the guise that their vigilante hero is still protecting the city. But once they realize Oliver is dead, the decision to keep Team Arrow going will not be unanimous. “This has been Oliver’s crusade for three years and now it’s ours. We have to decide whether we want to stay or go and why. It’s a big emotional turn for all of us. Do we want to go look for Oliver? Do we dismantle the team? How do we fight crime in this city without him? We do, by the way, fight crime without him, and it ain’t pretty.”

“Obviously Felicity [Emily Bett Rickards] is heartbroken,” Colton Haynes adds. “Roy kind of plays it differently. He’s very conflicted. He feels a little let down, and I don’t want to say cheated, but in a way he really doesn’t think Oliver is gone. Roy is now on a path to try to figure out if the truth is being told and he’s going to get into a lot of trouble on that path.”

Of course, it’s not a spoiler to say that Team Arrow will live on, with Diggle taking the leadership role, while new members are brought in to fill the void, specifically Laurel (Katie Cassidy), who will finally suit up as the Black Canary. “Roy is a big part in bringing her into the fold because we do need as many people to make up for [Oliver’s absence],” Haynes says.

“This is her opportunity to really step up to the plate and she does,” Cassidy says. “You’ll see her in costume, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that she’s good. She still has a ways to go. She’s avenging her sister’s death. She’s a believer. She’s had a lot of loss in her life. If anybody can handle more loss, I feel like Laurel could because she’s an incredibly strong character.”

Adds Kreisberg: “What Laurel very clearly lacks in skill, she makes up for in grit and determination. In a lot of ways, she helps everyone else comes to terms with Oliver’s absence and helps them find within themselves what this crusade means to them and helps them get back on track.”

It won’t be long, however, before Laurel finds out the truth about her sister’s death—Malcolm Merlyn dosed Thea (Willa Holland) and tricked her into killing Sara—though viewers may be surprised by her reaction. “Everyone starts to find out who actually did kill Sara, but the reason behind why and how that actually happened wasn’t malicious and wasn’t on purpose,” Haynes says. “There’s a big level of forgiveness when that happens, whenever she does find out.”

That’s good news for Thea, who is still blissfully unaware she was the one to kill Sara. “When she does find out, she starts to question her relationship with Malcolm Merlyn and her relationship with everybody, because Thea is always the one being betrayed and everyone’s lying to her,” Haynes says.

The consensus is that Malcolm truly is to blame, but Team Arrow won’t be able to take vengeance on the Dark Archer just yet. Lest we forget, Malcolm Merlyn was under the protection of Oliver. With the Arrow seemingly dead, it sounds like Ra’s will return to Starling City to set his sights on finally taking out Malcolm. “It’s always the people that you want to take vengeance against that you need,” Haynes says, noting that Roy will attempt to stand up to Malcolm on several occasions. “When you need something from someone, especially when now we’re having to deal with Ra’s al Ghul, unfortunately you have to suck it up and wait for the right time.”

Though Team Arrow is in the clear when it comes to the League of Assassins—the blood debt has been paid, after all— they’ll have other villains to worry about. “There’s a new threat that arises in the form of Brick [Vinnie Jones],” Guggenheim says. “We’ve never done a multi-episode villain arc that wasn’t centered around the big bad of the year.”

With other villains on the rise in Starling City, Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) will also be determined to step up. “You’ll see with Felicity, there’s a lot of back and forth,” Guggenheim says. “She and Ray Palmer probably have their most intense and intensely negative interaction in the wake of Oliver’s absence. It’s interesting because Oliver basically went off and, in her mind, did the equivalent of committing suicide, and here comes Ray Palmer and says he wants to be a super hero, too. ‘Now I have to watch another guy go on a death mission?’ Oliver’s absence and his willingness to place himself in harm’s way looms very large in Felicity’s interactions with Palmer because Palmer represents a chance for her hopefully to do things differently.”

Very differently, it seems. “Ray Palmer is on a little bit of a power trip in trying to develop his suit, so when that happens, that is when I think things will be in danger because you have a new superhero on a power trip,” Haynes cautions.

With that said, hopefully Oliver’s absence from Starling City will be contained to the upcoming three episodes. “The reason episodes 10, 11 and 12 are a trilogy is the events of episode 309 were so epic on so many different levels, it can’t just be resolved in one episode,” Guggenheim says. “There are repercussions that go for three episodes and really for the remainder for the season, if not the remainder of the series. The series will never be exactly the same post-episode 309.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/20/arrow ... fb3f3bdcaf

- Colton Haynes sobre cómo Arsenal y el equipo reaccionarán ante la ausencia de Oliver (IGN):
Colton Haynes sobre cómo Arsenal y el equipo reaccionarán ante la ausencia de Oliver
Por Eric Goldman 21 enero 2015

Arrow is back Wednesday night from its midseason break, but there’s a small issue to deal with – Oliver Queen is dead!

I sat down with Colton Haynes to chat about what Oliver’s absence will mean for Roy Harper / Arsenal and the rest of the Arrow team, as Laurel suits up as Black Canary. We also discussed Roy’s relationship with Thea, the potential for more Flash crossovers and more.

IGN: Your character has obviously had a lot of things to deal with but, right now, I’m guessing, the next huge thing he’s going to have to deal with is hearing that Oliver’s dead!

Colton Haynes: Not that it’s anything crazy!

IGN: Not anything big for him or the world of the show.

Haynes: I always say I feel bad for Thea because she really is being lied to and being toyed with. Roy is dealing with issues that people are about to find out about that no one knows. He deals with things internally and he really just tries to mask them. It’s a really amazing thing that they’ve done is they have kind of held back the storyline for Roy but you’re going to find out why pretty soon and I think it’s worth it.

IGN: There were some pictures posted on social media of you and Katie [Cassidy] both in costume together. it looks like, with Oliver out of the picture, someone has to pick up the slack.

Haynes: And Roy is a big reason why Laurel, Black Canary, is now part of the team. We need all the help we can get. She’s been through the emotional trauma. She doesn’t really know what she’s doing with her baton. That’s a fun thing going for her but their relationship is cool. It’s a great partnership and especially how everyone reacts once they find out. Roy doesn’t know if he’s pissed off or if he feels betrayed that this happened to Oliver but he doesn’t have time to think. Felicity is obviously heartbroken but still holding out hope that he’s going to come back.

IGN: Does it put your character in an interesting new place because suddenly, whether he’s ready or not, he’s kind of a mentor to Laurel?

Haynes: That’s his kind of thing. He hasn’t necessarily been ready this entire time. He just makes s**t up and hopes it works, so that’s basically what happens. He has Diggle’s help and Felicity is the brains of the whole operation so it makes a really good team.

IGN: Is it fun for you because they have expanded the team around Oliver, yourself included, when you get to sort of find out these new combinations and pair off and see here’s more of what Roy and Felicity are like together and now Roy and Laurel are like together and start to see those dynamics?

Haynes: It’s fun because you always have to remember back when no one had a costume and we were normal people. It’s fun to put that aside and see someone in a different way. Guess what? Two seasons ago I was stealing Laurel and Thea’s purse and they were chasing after me but now we’re working together, so it’s cool. [Laughs]

IGN: They do Arrow comic books that bridge the seasons and fill in some gaps. Do you get to glance at that stuff, because when we began the season a lot had changed? Do you talk to the producers about, say, what exactly happened that put him in that costume?

Haynes: The thing that’s basically happened is we’ve lost a few characters unfortunately and having to go through those storylines, we have to move a lot of story. So talking to them, they’ll tell us one thing and then release something different, but it’s always better. The good thing is the stories are always changing. There’s always two separate stories or ideas they have and then you never know which way they’re going to go. So I know a few different ways this season is going to go for my character, going forward but you never know which is going to stick. It’s really just depending on what other characters they bring in. We’ve had amazing guest cast coming in and there’s going to be even more so.

IGN: You mentioned Thea. The romance is over between them...

Haynes: For now.

IGN: For now. I wonder if they’re going to tell her Oliver’s dead and why he’s dead, but I would feel like your character would want to comfort her one way or the other.

Haynes: He comforts her. It’s funny because she’s basically figuring out -- she doesn’t know about that. She also doesn't know that she did something very wrong, under the influence. Roy is trying to tread lightly because sometimes when you tell people bad news they can take it out on you, even though you have nothing to do with it. He really wants her to be in a good place for when she finds out because now she’s basically lost every single person and the only person she has left is Malcolm Merlyn in the family and he’s a person that could get her killed.

IGN: Not only do they have this romantic history but they have this strange, shared thing of having killed people while not knowing they killed someone. He just had to process that.

Haynes: Are you sure you haven’t read this script? [Laughs] Is this in the book? I’m literally going, oh, did someone tell you that? Cool.

IGN: [Laughs] I’m just trying to think how Marc [Guggenheim] would think and Greg [Berlanti] would think.

Haynes: You should just write... Say that I said all this s**t and you just say it was me because you’re saying everything better than I’m saying it.

IGN: [Laughs] Thank you. But yeah, I would think that while other people would be out for blood with Thea, Roy, not just because of the romantic history, but because he went through a very similar thing, would try and protect her.

Haynes: That’s basically what’s going to happen. Roy goes back in the past and the Glades and reaches out to characters and people in his past and that’s a big part of his healing for what he’s done. He basically is going to try and bring Thea along and show her a little bit more into his life that she hasn’t seen because she introduced him to this. So he wants to give back and show her a little bit more of his heart and a little bit more of why he acts the way he does. It’s a really cool, emotional connection they build along the season. It’s really sweet.

IGN: On just a sort of visceral, getting to dress up as a superhero as an adult level, what’s it been like running around this season in the costume and bringing him to that point?

Haynes: You know what it feels like to put a snuggie on? That’s what it feels like. It hugs me in all the right places. I’m probably going to re-use me saying that. You heard that here first!

It makes you feel like a bad ass. It’s hard to do all these crazy things in a hoodie but having the costume with all the arsenal and everything, it’s easy to feel like a bad ass. It’s really easy to maneuver too. Everyone asks if it’s hot but it’s freezing cold in there so I have to put a bunch of layers under it.

IGN: You had a nice part in the crossover when the Flash characters came to you guys. Would you hope that at some point, maybe with the team or on your own, maybe you can travel over to Central City?

Haynes: I would say it definitely might happen. I think Barry and Roy have a little bit more of a storyline than people know about - kind of in the comic books a little bit. We’ll see if that happens. And they both share the same color so they’re on the same team!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/21/ ... rs-absence?

- ¿Está el Team 'Arrow' al borde del desastre? Colton Haynes sobre el 'Difícil' camino que está por delante (ETOnline):
¿Está el Team 'Arrow' al borde del desastre? Colton Haynes sobre el 'Difícil' camino que está por delante
Por Philiana Ng 21 de Enero del 2015 7:45 AM PST

Can Team Arrow go on without their leader?

It’s been a hot minute since Arrow's chilling winter finale, but we’re still in shock over the fact that the show's captain, Oliver Queen, is no longer in action following a deadly battle against the unbeatable Ra’s al Ghul.

When Arrow returns tonight with an all-new episode – yay! – we can only imagine the heartbreak that Diggle, Felicity, Laurel (who finally suits up as Black Canary) and the rest of Oliver’s inner circle is going to feel when word of their leader's demise gets back to Starling City. It's certainly not getting to Central City.

We caught up with Arrow star Colton Haynes to talk about the impending Team Arrow fallout, how Oliver's absence affects Roy Harper – and a surprising romantic pairing you’ll never see coming!

ETonline: How does Oliver’s “death” and disappearance affect Team Arrow?

Colton Haynes: It’s insane. Basically, everyone doesn’t know how to deal with it. Felicity’s in love, so she doesn’t know how to handle it. [Oliver]’s our mentor so going on without him doesn’t feel right. The question is, do we close up shop or do we try to put forth what he’s taught us. But the problem is, when you have so many people, so many personalities, everyone wants to do something different. So, do you go logically or do you think with your heart? Really, going forward, it’s really [about] trying not to make errors that are going to affect the team. That’s going to be a big problem, especially with Black Canary and Laurel.

ETonline: Let’s talk about Laurel. We’ve seen her training in the first half of the season. Describe her state of mind when she first suits up.

Haynes: She’s like a toddler, knocking stuff over on the table. Trying to reel everyone’s excitement in and reel their heroism in is going to be difficult.

ETonline: Now you have another character in Black Canary coming into what was already a well-oiled machine, and she’s a rookie when it comes to doing the “hero” thing. How does her addition affect the team dynamic?

Haynes: She’s brought in a lot by Roy and Roy really has her back because the dynamic between Laurel and Oliver has been so tricky since the beginning, from love to the family dynamic together. We need all the help we can get. There are too many cooks in the kitchen and we have to hit the ground running. It’s hard because everyone is dealing with other emotional aspects of things besides Oliver and that’s going to be really fun for the fans to see because we can’t just drop our own shit. We have to keep moving forward and personally that’s going to be difficult, especially for Thea. She’s just getting the bad end of the stick all the time.

ETonline: How does Roy take Oliver’s disappearance? That’s his mentor.

Haynes: Roy’s good with keeping his emotions in – except during the meditation and yoga scenes. I think he’s a little pissed off, a little upset. Instead of being sad, now he’s really forced to being out on his own. [Roy and Oliver] had this moment with the whole “Don’t abandon me” thing – “We’re partners, we’re brothers” – and he just feels let down. It doesn’t feel right and Roy’s trying to find out if Oliver’s been telling the truth about a lot of things, and he’s also in shock a little and in denial. But Roy also has to deal with the fact that he’s a murderer, so there are questions about that, and he has to deal with losing the captain of a big team, so there’s a lot of pressure.

ETonline: How difficult is it for Roy to see Thea going through yet another traumatic event? Is he vital to helping her get back on her feet?

Haynes: Roy is still in a protection mode with her. Their [connection] is that they both killed someone. Roy’s dealing with it and she’s not – she doesn’t even know. Once that happens their dynamic is going to be different and Roy is going to take her under his wing and bring her to where he started, back to the Glades and get her in touch with her emotions.

ETonline: With Oliver missing in action for a while, does Team Arrow come to terms with his death? Do they reach a point where they accept that he may never come back?

Haynes: Some are. Roy does believe that that is the case. Felicity, because she’s in love, she doesn’t want to believe it. Also, it’s trying to figure out how Thea is going to find out – she’s basically lost everyone in her life, besides Roy and her horrible father Malcolm, who, if he doesn’t stop, is going to get her killed.

ETonline: How does Thea’s connection with Malcolm complicate things for Roy?

Haynes: The worst part about it is the vengeance we want to seek against Malcolm Merlyn but at the same time, we need him because Ra’s al Ghul is in the fold, a bigger bad than Malcolm Merlyn.

ETonline: What are the chances we’ll learn more or see some of Roy’s past?

Haynes: We’re just delving into it now. Within the next five episodes we’re going to see a lot about that. Roy is really becoming a hero this season. He’s not just hiding his emotions, I think he’s really going to prove himself especially toward the end of the season and show them that he really is grateful and grateful for what he’s done.

ETonline: If there was a Roy flashback in the works, tell us the point in his life you’d most like to see.

Haynes: Definitely his relationship with his mom. She was a drug addict and in the comic books, Roy became one. Stemming from that, his relationships with women has to do with his mom and I really hope we get to see that. That’d be really cool – it hasn’t happened thus far, but it’d be really cool to see going forward.

ETonline: Is he moving on from Thea romantically?

Haynes: There was a storyline that didn’t happen – I can say this – that put Roy in a very romantic setting with someone on the team. Who knows if that’s going to happen, but it hasn’t happened yet. That’s all I can say. So look for awkward eye movements!

ETonline: We have to end this conversation on a light note. There’s a Twitter account dedicated to Roy’s flipping!

Haynes: (Laughs.) @Roy_Flips, I know! I have to tell you, I don’t think Roy’s going to flip anymore. I’ve seen the one where he’s flipping over the person. My stunt double, Curtis, is like the coolest person ever and he’s a really good flipper. I’ve been using the batons now, so you’ll see a baton flip but yeah, I know… I’m going to let [the fans] down!

ETonline: At least you’ll have those awesome flips from earlier this season!

Haynes: Yeah, the one on the car… They make me look so cool!

http://www.etonline.com/tv/156604_arrow ... oy_harper/

- Las estrellas de "Arrow" adelantan unas "impactantes" alianzas y un "giro de 360º" (THR):
Las estrellas de "Arrow" adelantan unas "impactantes" alianzas y un "giro de 360º"
Por Aaron Couch 9:05 AM PST 21/01/2015

When the show returns Wednesday, Diggle (David Ramsey), Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), Laurel (Katie Cassidy) and Roy (Colton Haynes) must pick up the pieces after Oliver's (Stephen Amell) death.

"Everyone has to step up. It's not just about Oliver anymore," Amell tells The Hollywood Reporter. "They have to decide why they are doing it. Are they doing it for Oliver? Are they doing it for the city? Are they doing it for themselves?"

Oliver's demise at the hands of Ra's Al Ghul (Matt Nable) came after the team discovered Thea (Willa Holland) was responsible for Sara's (Caity Lotz) death. But Thea doesn't even know she committed the murder, as she was drugged and forced into it by dear old dad Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman)

"We're trying to pick up the pieces and do exactly what he's done."

Barrowman (Malcolm Merlyn) promises that after orchestrating Oliver's death, he is far from done.

"There is a sequence where Malcolm goes to the Arrow team's lair, gets in, and goes to tell them that Oliver is dead," Barrowman says. "He comes up a wall of aggression from Diggle, Felicty, Roy and Laurel."

He also teases big changes ahead for the rest of the season.
"There are words that are going to be said between characters that are going to be shockers to the audience — almost like a punch in the face. There are alliances formed that are going to be 360 turns. There are breakups that are going to happen that are going to be shocking. All of that is yet to come."

Meanwhile, Ramsey says Diggle is faced with being the team leader in Oliver's wake.

"He steps up the plate. The team looks up to him to a certain degree," says Ramsey, who adds the team respects his military experience as well as his emotional maturity.

Haynes teases "we're coming together as a team" in Oliver's absence, though admits that can be hard.

"We're trying to pick up the pieces and do exactly what he's done, but there are four of us. But it's really difficult, because Oliver is our mentor and he's taught us what we know," says Haynes.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... n-3-765572?

- Como Katie Cassidy ayudó a crear el nuevo look "Sexy pero Inteligente" de Black Canary' en Arrow (EOnline):
Como Katie Cassidy ayudó a crear el nuevo look "Sexy pero Inteligente" de Black Canary' en Arrow
Por Tierney Bricker 21 Enero 2015

"Can I just tell you how excited I am?"

It's been a long journey for Katie Cassidy to don the Black Canary suit on Arrow, which she will finally do in tonight's midseason premiere after a three-year wait. "I was definitely disappointed because it was something that I was really looking forward to," Cassidy says of learning it would take Laurel a bit of time to become the Black Canary.

But she also totally agreed with the reason why the producers have held off. "I think it makes complete sense. You can't just overnight become a superhero. It took Oliver five years on the Island and everything he went through."

But now, after hitting "rock bottom" in season two and the death of her sister Sara (Caity Lotz), the Canary, Laurel is ready to take over the responsibilities that come with the black leather jacket. Except she'll be doing it with a new costume, which was unveiled back in November, prompting a fandom freakout.

Cassidy, who has her own fashion blog, Tomboy KC, tells E! News how she helped to create the Black Canary's look.

"It was so cool. I love the creative process. Not just being an actor and here is the dialogue and saying the lines," Cassidy says of working with the wardrobe department. "I like collaborating with people and having an opinion and getting to put my touch on it. So when it came to the costume, I suggested a couple of things."

Some of her tweaks? Some lace and fishnet ("Because the Black Canary wore fishnets," Cassidy explains) fabric added throughout the costume, including the bodysuit underneath the jacket and the fingerless gloves.

"So it's a bit more feminine, because the suit itself it's sexy, but it is a bit modern. And I love it. That's what I wanted," she tells us. "So I was like, let's see where we can put a little bit of feminine touches. Because it's a very strong suit, how can we make this a little bite more feminine?"

And Cassidy reveals she was even more involved when it came to the Black Canary's hair and make-up. Arrow tested out five looks, the first of which "they let me do whatever I wanted.

I wanted a dark red lip and dark red nail color. I like the fact that it's dark; I also think it's more feminine. And I want the nail to match the lip," she says, adding that she asked them not to black out her eyes, which almost all of the other heroes on the show do.

As for Laurel's sleeker, platinum blonde wig, Cassidy explains, "I begged them, ‘Please don't make me wear a curly blonde wig.' Because the Canary had that and I just wanted Laurel to be more sharp and modern. Sexy, but smart. Just strong."

And while the producers originally didn't go for her preferred look, Cassidy says, "We went in and plead our case, and were like, ‘Look, it's a masculine outfit. This face and h air make it a bit more feminine.' It's pretty, I thought it looked the best. So Marc [Guggenheim], Andrew [Kreisberg] and Greg [Berlanti] decided to go with it, which was great."

As for the other essential part of the Black Canary's overall look, the infamous "Canary Cry," Cassidy teases Laurel definitely has one, but "what form it comes out in, I'm not going to say."

http://uk.eonline.com/news/616846/how-k ... k-on-arrow?

- ¿‘Arrow’ sin Oliver? Los productores adelantan el emerger de Black Canary, Atom y Brick (Variety):
¿‘Arrow’ sin Oliver? Los productores adelantan el emerger de Black Canary, Atom y Brick
Por Laura Prudom 21 Enero 2015

What is “Arrow” without its titular hero? Viewers will find out on Jan. 21, as the vigilante’s friends and loved ones must come to terms with the fallout from Oliver Queen’s (Stephen Amell) seemingly fatal showdown with Ra’s al Ghul (Matt Nable) in December’s midseason finale.

Oh the subject of his character’s fate, Amell remained coy when Variety sat down with him last week: “He’s fallen — he fell. I certainly hope he’s not dead. I enjoy playing him,” he offered wryly. “Although there are the regularly scheduled flashbacks in 310 and 311. 312 is someone else’s flashbacks.”

According to “Arrow” producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg, the first three episodes of 2015 function as one extended story arc, featuring Vinnie Jones as DC Comics villain Danny “Brick” Brickwell, as Variety first reported. “Because it’s such a huge thing that happens in nine, we really needed three episodes to give it its due because those three episodes — 10, 11 and 12 — really are a trilogy dealing with the very real question of, ‘if there is no Arrow in Starling City, who is going to save the city?'” Guggenheim previewed.

In Oliver’s absence, many heroes will rise up to fill his shoes, from protege Roy (aka Arsenal, played by Colton Haynes) and partner Diggle (David Ramsey) to former flame Laurel (Katie Cassidy), who has been training to avenge her sister, Sara (Caity Lotz), after she was murdered in the season premiere.

The producers teased that the three episode run is very much a showcase for Laurel as she makes her debut on the mean streets of Starling as Black Canary. But determination and a few boxing lessons don’t make a hero: “She clearly doesn’t have Sara’s skill. Sara was essentially Oliver’s equal in a lot of ways. She literally went through the same exact experiences with him and then trained under Ra’s al Ghul,” Kreisberg pointed out. “Half of being a vigilante is, as Nyssa [Katrina Law] would say, being fearless. As Laurel says, it’s being crazy. Right now she has the crazy in spades. The thing about Laurel is — for people who are concerned that she’s going from zero to Black Canary — just because you put on a costume and a mask and run around doesn’t make you anyone else’s equal. She gets stabbed, she gets her ass handed to her, but the thing that’s amazing about Laurel is she just keeps coming and it doesn’t matter how many times she gets knocked down to the mat. And believe me, she gets knocked down to the mat, but she keeps coming back and she won’t be stopped.”

He added, “What’s interesting for her character is all of this started because she wanted to avenge Sara. Her arc of the season is really going from avenging Sara to honoring her… A lot of the back half of the season is Laurel and Nyssa finding common ground. When we met [Oliver] in the pilot he had already trained. We’re going to get to see that evolution with Laurel.”

Outside Team Arrow and Laurel, Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) has been harboring aspirations of heroism for some time, as evidenced by the ATOM suit he revealed to Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) before the midseason break. According to Routh, The Arrow’s disappearance “lights more of a fire [under him] — I don’t know if it’s possible to that; he’s already pretty jazzed and working towards it — but his solution is to get more involved in city politics and lend a hand to the police in some way. That’s the biggest part apart from being a shoulder to lean on for Felicity, even though she’s not divulging what’s going on.”

“Ray’s the first technology-based hero that we’ve done. Our heroes, on ‘Arrow’ at least, tend to be very sort of fisticuff-oriented,” Guggenheim noted. “Ray is trying something brand new, also brand new for us too. He’s creating what we call the Super Suit, the ATOM suit that is really at the cutting edge of technology, both in the real world and on the show. He’s also going to have to discover that a super suit does not a hero make. Part of the thing that we’re always trying to be true to is putting on a costume is the easy part. It’s being the hero that’s the really difficult part and one does not mean you’ve accomplished the other.

Added Kreisberg, “The other thing that’s really important about Ray is his relationship with Felicity. In a lot of ways, he’s the more evolved version of Oliver. He’s got the square jaw, all-American, superhero good looks but he’s actually a lot more emotionally accessible.”

Felicity will have her own journey in the latter half of this season, especially after Oliver’s disappearance, Guggenheim promised: “Felicity is a hero in her own right. There’s different forms of heroism on both shows. The beauty of Felicity is that she’s the moral center of ‘Arrow’ and that’s actually the role that she starts to ascend to post-episode 309 where she’s the conscience. In many ways, she starts off trying to be Oliver’s voice in his absence and then starts to develop her own way of thinking about things. She’s always been very confident but she really comes into her own after Oliver’s apparent death.”

“One day on the set I said to her, ‘The Flash, The Atom and Green Arrow are all in love with you,'” Kreisberg recalls. “She had the greatest answer; she goes, ‘I think the reason it works is because I don’t look like the girl that you’d think that about.’ Emily is really the superhero of both shows.”

Rickards and Routh will also bring their own brand of heroism to “The Flash” in episode 18, which is fittingly titled “All-Star Team-Up,” teased Kreisberg: “In episode four of ‘Flash’ when Felicity came by, it wasn’t just a gag to have Felicity come by. It really was integrated into the story. When you reach what’s going on in ‘The Flash’ at that point in the season, Barry is really at a crossroads. Having Felicity come by exactly when he needs her really plays into the whole storyline. It’s fine because as Marc said, Ray Palmer is all about technology and STAR Labs is all about technology. We get to see Ray so happy to be in STAR Labs… With Cisco [Carlos Valdes] and Ray, they’re new best friends. The STAR Labs team is going to help Ray further his ATOM project.”

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/arrow-w ... 201410918/

- John Barrowman Explica Cómo la 'Muerte' de Oliver Cambia a Merlyn (cbr):
John Barrowman Explica Cómo la 'Muerte' de Oliver Cambia a Merlyn
Por Scott Huver, 21 Enero 2015

Malcolm Merlyn has stuck to the shadows for most of "Arrow's" Season Three, but actor John Barrowman tells CBR News that the apparent death of Oliver Queen will shift the spotlight onto Starling City's masterfully manipulative Dark Archer.

And while it's unclear whether Ollie's death was Merlyn's ultimate goal, or if, in fact, he believed Ollie was the only one who had a chance to bring down the nefarious Ra's al Ghul, all the twisting, turning intrigue that follows has been nothing but a blast for the actor, admits Barrowman. "The bad guy's always the one who has a good time," he explained in a recent conversation with CBR. "I always said that this was going to be a completely different kind of season for Malcolm in the way that he's manipulating people with emotion rather than money and power."

CBR News: With Oliver Queen now presumably deceased, how does that big event amp things up with Malcolm?

John Barrowman: All I'll say is, it's a win/win situation for Malcolm. Did he send [Oliver] there knowing that he was going to get killed and it was able to further Malcolm's objective? Or, did he send him there thinking he was going to win, and it would still further his objective? That's why I say it's a win/win situation. But what's interesting is that as the episodes continue, there's one sequence where Malcolm goes to Diggle, Felicity, to Laurel and Roy, and he reveals that Oliver is dead. And you actually -- it gives away what his actual true feelings are. That's all I'll say.

You get to play with characters now that you haven't had a lot of time with?

Well, now, yes. That's also what's interesting about this series is things have turned 360, and we're kind of putting things on their head a little bit. There will be alliances formed that haven't been formed before. There will be enemies that are revealed that haven't been revealed before. There will also be relationships -- I say "relationships," but there's words that are going to come out of some people's mouths that people are going to go, "What?!"

It's an interesting time, because Malcolm is sort of a funhouse mirror version of Oliver. He's a little bit jealous that Oliver gets to be the hero, and he's seen as the villain.

Yes.

Does this change that for him a little bit?

All I'm going to say on that one is, you're going to have to watch. Because, yes, you're right that Oliver is the hero. Malcolm wanted to be that hero, but things just went in a different direction. I think that Malcolm still sees himself as the hero. And to be blunt -- and again, I've always said this -- Oliver has done exactly what Malcolm is doing. Almost like a vigilante type thing. That's why, what's interesting with Oliver's character as it changes through the series is, he was The Vigilante. He was The Hood. Now, he's The Arrow. It's the same with Malcolm. Malcolm has always been Merlyn, but what's interesting is Malcolm -- I can't say "will never." It's just going to be interesting to see the dynamic, how things change.

What can you tease about the Thea relationship?

Again, you're going to hear things said between Thea and Malcolm that you haven't heard before. Malcolm -- obviously, we all have told little white lies to protect people. Malcolm, obviously, has told some white lies to protect Thea, and it will be interesting to see if those white lies are revealed, and how she reacts and responds to them.

What's it been like to watch Team Arrow working without the quarterback?

Stephen, obviously, is the leader of the gang. Oliver is the leader of the troop, and Stephen is the leader of our cast. It is interesting to see how peoples' dynamics are different. All I'll say in that aspect is, I'm the oldest in the group, and I'm probably not the most mature. [Laughs I'm the one who has a bit of a sense of humor. I've been doing this for 26 years, so I know what's going on, what it's about. It's interesting for me to see people who will let their hair down and who won't.

Tell me about the coolest thing you've been able to do stunt- or action-wise so far?

We have a great stunt team who do a lot of the heavy, really dangerous stuff for us, but we just filmed a sequence where it involved a helicopter, which was cool. That's all I'm going to say.

I love all the fight sequences, because when I'm doing them, James Bamford, who is our stunt coordinator, he lets Stephen and I do a lot of stuff by ourselves, because Stephen, obviously, has done a lot of fight training for the character. But also, I've had fight training in the past. Being a dancer, I treated it a lot like dance moves, and Bam's amazed by that. He's like, "I've never really thought about it as dancing. You've brought a whole new light to it for me, because you're able to do it, but treat it like a dance." So I just put that feeler out there for "Dancing With the Stars." I'm ready! [Laughs]

What are you lobbying the producers for?

I don't have to lobby for anything, because, for instance, the whole Thea-being-my-daughter was my husband's and my idea. We talked about that over lunch, because they wanted Oliver to be my son. That was the discussion, and we've decided that's too Darth Vader. My husband said, "Well, what about Thea?" -- and they were like, "Brilliant!" So they wrote a character, a doctor character in the show, named after my husband as an homage.

We do get to discuss things, and I know Andrew and Mark both have been fans of mine since "Dr. Who" and "Torchwood," so they listen to me. I love this genre. I know it. My sister and I have written a "Torchwood" novel. We have done three children's fantasy novels. We know about this stuff, so they love to hear about my opinion. I get to say things that I'd like to do, and sometimes they're put in.

As a writer and comic book fan, then, would you like to be more hands-on with the comic book series?

I am talking with my sister and have yet to meet with Geoff Johns, and also, I want to talk to Mark [Guggenheim] and Andrew [Kreisberg] because I would love to do a Merlyn comic written by myself, who plays Merlyn. I think that would be totally awesome because I know this man inside-out.

I would buy that!

You would? Put that out there then, because that's one of the meetings I have yet to have. And there's another idea I have, too.

Since they're building out this cool world with multiple shows, would you love to go and mess with the Flash a little bit?

Oh, yeah. What's great is, again, it's like the world I came from, of time travel with "Dr. Who" and "Torchwood," our paths all crossed. I would love to do that with "Flash" and all the other things that are about to pop up in the new season. Yes, it makes perfect sense that DC characters can go from one to the other and mix and blend because, you know what? Then our fan base gets a much better, greater variety of this world. They get to see more of this world that we're creating.

That's why I got on board in the beginning, when Andrew had a conversation with me on the telephone. Before the first series, he said, "I don't know if you really want to be involved with this, but we're creating this world of DC." And I'm like, "Andrew, you have got me. I don't care how. You have hooked me." Now, to create a whole new world again would be amazing.

Do you have your action figure yet?

February.

Have you seen the prototype?

I have seen the prototype. First, it's me with a hood, and then there's going to be one that's revealed without a hood.

Do you have to do anything for it?

No, they probably will do that. I've done that all before with other action figures I have from "Dr. Who." But yeah, I'll do the 3D scan, of course. It's every kid's dream as an adult, to have an action figure!

At this point, what do you like best about Malcolm?

His ruthlessness. I tend not to smile very much with Malcolm, but when I do, you know you're in trouble. Malcolm's smile is the key to his viciousness whereas other characters I've played, the smile is the key to their heart. It's really interesting to be able to do because a lot of fans have said, "We love it when you smile, because we know you're going to be bad."

Should we ever expect him to show some real heart?

Yeah. There was a sequence I did when I was talking about my wife's death, and I turned to a window, away from the rest of the people in the room. They filmed it through the window, and that was one point where Malcolm showed heart. There was a little bit where you saw his eyes well up, and that was, for me, as an actor, where all the fans went, "You hooked us. Because we saw in your eyes that there was a past that has caused you to behave like this, and we felt sorry for you." And as a villain, you want them to feel sorry for you.

Genre fans are so passionate. Tell me, what's been a favorite interaction for you?

I love how the fan base has changed because, obviously, The CW network started out as a network just to appeal to young women, 18- to 25-year-old women. The more I've traveled around the world, for instance, when I'm doing signings, the amount of young Latino men who come up and say, "We love Arrow!" is a surprise, because you don't expect them to be watching The CW network. In London, I have a vast amount of Arabic men, young men come up, "We love you in Saudi Arabia." "We love you in the Emirates." Dubai, China, they love it! It's been interesting for me to see the audience change, which is great. It's becoming a wider, bigger audience, and we're pulling the men in, which is awesome.

The actual comic book character of Merlyn has been around for a long time, but was actually very vaguely defined for the bulk of his existence. What did you learn in your research into him?

I didn't like his hair. [Laughs The slicked back, pointy wingback. I didn't like that. When I first saw it, I liked his kind of sleekness about him, and there was a whole period in the comic books where he became ugly. He became kind of gory looking. I have all the old comic books. I have them myself, and what's really great is, I sent a "Flash" comic book with Merlyn on the cover of it to the boys to say, "Look, you can do this." But yeah, there wasn't a lot to read about Malcolm Merlyn. My DC Encyclopedia told me what I needed to know, but I developed a lot myself. I wanted to make him slightly different. I wanted his meanness, his ruthlessness, his magical, the magician side of him to still be there, but also, I wanted to give him a bit of a darker side, and also to enjoy his humor a little bit. Because you don't get the humor in the comic book. To know that Malcolm really enjoys what he's doing is a very big thing for me.

Well, I think it's going to stick around.

Trust me -- he's going to be around for a while.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=58655

- John Barrowman sobre el echar un ojo a Brandon Routh y el plan maestro de Malcolm en “Arrow” (theblacklot):
John Barrowman sobre el echar un ojo a Brandon Routh y el plan maestro de Malcolm en “Arrow”
Por Jim Halterman | 21 Enero, 2015

It’s no surprise that John Barrowman is a longtime favorite on this site… and always one of this reporter’s favorite actors to talk with. Kindness, intelligence, cheeky wit– Barrowman gives you a little of everything. The following interview for the mid-season return of the CW series Arrow is a perfect example.

As much as the actor, who we’ve loved since his days on Central Park West, Torchwood and Desperate Housewives, can talk seriously about character intentions and tease plot points in Arrow, he can just as easily shift gears and dish on ogling oft-shirtless co-star Brandon Routh on the Arrow set.

In fact, at the recent Heroes Vs. Villains panel at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour, Barrowman, on a panel with hunky cast mates Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Colton Haynes and Routh was happy to admit his appreciation: “I just like it when there are fight sequences with shirts off,” he said, getting laughs from the room of critics. “I never miss any of those. Stephen always finds it quite strange when he’s in the makeup trailer and he’s getting his scarring done, I am there. And I don’t know why, I just seem to be drawn to the trailer.”

Shortly before that panel began, Barrowman sat down with The Backlot to talk all things Arrow.

The BackLot: I have to admit, I wasn’t expecting the slow burn as far as Malcolm and his plans with Thea this season…

John Barrowman: It’s going to be like a punch in the face now.

Well, now that Oliver is ‘dead,’ does that actually help Malcolm? Because that’s an obstacle that’s out of his way at least for the time being.

JB: The interesting thing is that what’s coming up is you’re going to see a sequence where Malcolm is going to reveal to the others that he is dead and he steps out of his zone and goes into their lair and you actually get something from Malcolm that he is truly…whether he was manipulating Oliver to see if he was going to go [fight Ra’s Al Ghul] because he was going to really get killed or was he going to win? I think Malcolm thought he was going to win, and so when you see him tell the others that he’s dead you still don’t know whether he sent him off to be killed…but there’s an element, and I hope people get this, because he is devastated that he’s gone.

Oh, Malcolm is?

JB: Oh yeah, he’s gutted that he’s gone, he didn’t think it was going to happen.

Interesting, because I would think Malcolm would be happy that he’s gone.

JB: I’ve always said that Malcolm loved Oliver more as a son than his own son. I think this whole reveal and storyline plays into that. I think he did send him there thinking [Oliver] was going to beat [Ra's]. That’s my little opinion, but clearly he is not trained in sword fighting… that was a big hint.

Given how Tommy’s death affected Malcolm a certain way, will we see Oliver’s death affect him outside of just being upset? Does it actually propel him into different objectives or alter his plan?

JB: I think it propels both Malcolm and Oliver into different objectives. And it also propels Thea into an objective. Because there’s a lot that she discovers that she hasn’t been told, right?

Which is always a sticking point with her…

JB: Absolutely.

…because she’s never told half the stuff she should be.

JB: Correct. And then there’s a couple of verbal bond moments that are going to come up, which are things that you thought you would never hear come out of Malcolm’s mouth, or you’d ever hear come out of Oliver’s mouth, or you would ever hear come out of Thea’s mouth… if they keep it in the edit. Things kind of go 360 a little bit. That was really vague, but…

I’m following you. So, how is the Malcolm/Thea bond after Oliver’s supposed death… and what she may find out was Malcolm’s part in it?

JB: The Malcolm/Thea bond at this particular moment is strong because Malcolm, I guess, is using what has happened to Oliver to his advantage to keep Thea under his realm. But as we all know, in life we sometimes tell white lies to those we love in order to protect them, and Malcolm has told a few white lies to Thea in order to protect her. Those white lies will bubble to the surface. And that is where the challenge is for Malcolm. Because he has to still keep her safe, but she being defiant and a girl. A tough girl, that’s the difficult point.

And we’ve seen often where the student and the master sometimes end up getting to a point…

JB: …they clash.

Yes! And the student’s agenda takes over. Is that something we could probably see?

JB: Possibly, possibly, but then who becomes my student? That’s where things turn 360. I’m not telling you.

What would you say is Malcolm’s biggest objective moving into these new episodes, if you can talk to it?

JB: Well, we know that he’s using emotion to manipulate, but he has a…I can’t tell you what, but put it this way, again, don’t underestimate Malcolm. Although you might think he’s showing emotion, showing a softer side, showing this, that and the next thing, this is a seriously objective-driven person. I mean, he knows what he wants and he’s doing what he has to, to get it.

They’ve hinted that maybe we might see more Malcolm flashbacks. I don’t know if you can talk to that.

JB: I don’t know, but I would love to go back…but I do know that we will go back and look at things. There’s a great flashback episode coming up with me. That’s all I’ll say.

But it’s a Malcolm back story?

JB: Totally, totally. It’s amazing and I had longer hair. I had Sunset Boulevard floppy hair.

Why didn’t they just pull out scenes from Central Park West?

JB: It was like going back to that wig department. It was great. We looked at old pictures of mine and we put the kind of floppy 90s hair on.

How homoerotic do you think Arrow is or should be or could be? Does it need more gay?

JB: Well, no because I don’t see shows as being gay or straight. If we’re appealing to a gay audience, fantastic. And I mean, when they take someone’s shirt off or they make them fight half naked, of course that’s going to appeal to gay men and women, right? But, also, what I’m finding is that it’s appealing to straight men– because they want to see how good their physiques are. So to say then, you know me, I want it to be as balanced as possible, but if it’s homoerotic then great, it’s homoerotic. I love being on set when they’re fighting with their shirts off. It’s awesome.

I would love to see a web series of Malcolm and Roy going off on a little clothing adventure.

JB: That would be awesome.

Have you had scenes with Brandon?

JB: [grins] I’ve seen Brandon. Yeah.

But have you had scenes with him?

JB: No, not yet. But I’m there when he’s doing his sequences, of course, with his shirt off, yeah. Listen, I don’t miss an opportunity in the trailer or whatever. Someone’s in there getting stuff done, I’m right in there, I mean, for Christ’s sake, it’s Superman!

What else do you have going on outside of the show?

JB: I just finished doing my big pantomime in Glasgow, Scotland. That it was really successful. It’s the most successful it’s been in the last five years. Tonight, I’m starting my first national radio show in the United Kingdom. Yeah. It’s The John Barrowman Show, two hours, 6:00 to 8:00 on Magic FM 105.4. If people in the US want to listen to it, they can listen to it online. We’re digital across the whole United Kingdom, brand new show, music, fun stories. I’d say it’s basically like my concert tour every week.

I’ve got my concert tour coming up. My album sold really well, it went into the charts in the UK. I’m planning on doing a Christmas album now for next year. Arrow, I want to really focus on this and hopefully I want to focus on doing some other things film-wise.

http://www.thebacklot.com/john-barrowma ... h/01/2015/?

- Jefes de 'Arrow' sobre la sorpresa de Oliver: "Cambia el Mundo Para Siempre" (THR):
Jefes de 'Arrow' sobre la sorpresa de Oliver: "Cambia el Mundo Para Siempre"
Por Aaron Couch 6:06 PM PST 21/01/2015

Arrow is back in a big way.

Team Arrow learned the sad truth about Oliver's (Stephen Amell) demise at the hands of Ra's Al Ghul (Matt Nable). To add insult to injury, the bringer of the bad news was the man who orchestrated the whole thing, Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman). Unbeknownst to them, Oliver is alive (if not well).

That fateful meeting will have ramifications that will play out throughout the rest of the season, says executive Andrew Kreisberg.

"We we sat down and said 'what can we do to make these episodes epic?' " Kreisberg tells The Hollywood Reporter. "These three episodes are a trilogy essentially of what happens in Starling City when the world thinks Oliver Queen is dead, and it allows every character on the show to rise or fall, depending on the circumstances they find themselves in."

Key word: "thinks" he is dead. And so far, the heroes have done plenty of falling. Diggle (David Ramsey) and Roy (Colton Haynes) found plenty of trouble tyring to take down new bad guy Danny “Brick” Brickwell (Vinnie Jones).

As for Oliver, fans were divided on what Oliver's death meant for future of the show. Some were pessimistic Oliver was dead for good, while others simply point to Ra's Al Ghul's comic book history as evidence that Oliver will return from the dead.

But the episode teased viewers from the beginning. A shot of a mysterious figure approaching Oliver's body, followed by the revelation that Maseo (Karl Yune) and Katana (Rila Fukushima) had orchestrated Oliver returning to life will certainly send fans into a frenzy, just as when Oliver died.

"My Facebook page blew up. And it's busy to begin with. So when I saw it blew up, I mean it blew up," Says Amell of what happened when he died onscreen in December. "I was getting posts on my page — long notes on my page every eight seconds from people.

Whatever new equilibrium the show falls into, the issue of Oliver's death won't be resolved right away.

"You can't do an ending like we did in episode nine and resolve it in one episode. Even beyond this sort of trilogy, the repercussions of Oliver's actions are felt throughout the rest of the season," says Kreisberg. "It's that moment that really changes the world of Arrow forever. One of the things that characters discover along the way is there is no going back."

Executive producer Marc Guggenheim promises Wednesday's episode is just the start of big things to come.

"The best ideas in the life of the show have always come when it's Greg [Berlanti,] Andrew and I in a room together, and we're throwing out crazy shit to each other, and we stop and go "wait a minute, that's crazy — but it does this, this, this and this," and suddenly you see all the dominoes start to fall," says Guggenheim. "That's when we get really excited. It's not just about the idea — it's about the 50 ideas it leads to."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ges-765773

- David Ramsey Hbla sobre ARROW, la ausencia de Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy como Black Canary, la historia pasada de Diggle y más (collider):
David Ramsey Hbla sobre ARROW, la ausencia de Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy como Black Canary, la historia pasada de Diggle y más
Por Christina Radish 21 Enero 2015

While at The CW portion of the TCA Winter Press Tour, actor David Ramsey spoke to Collider for this exclusive interview about where Team Arrow is at, emotionally, how difficult the absence of Oliver Queen is for everyone, what it’s like not to have Stephen Amell around, what the team-up of Diggle (Ramsey) and Arsenal (Colton Haynes) looks like, what Diggle thinks of Laurel (Katie Cassidy) as Black Canary, why Diggle needs a mask, why Diggle’s normalcy makes him extraordinary, fun Daddy Diggle moments, and his desire to see Oliver Queen and Bruce Wayne together. Check out what he had to say after the jump, and be aware that there are some spoilers.

Collider: What can you say about where Team Arrow is at, when the show returns?

DAVID RAMSEY: Nothing. No. Well, I can say that we’re emotionally crazy. We’ve lost our leader and captain, so we’re all a little crazy. We all have to ask ourselves, “Why are we doing this? Will we continue doing this?” The big question is why. This was Oliver’s crusade, but it has become our crusade, and our meaning myself, Felicity, Arsenal/Roy and Black Canary/Laurel. We just have to ask ourselves why we’re doing this, and that becomes a big emotional journey during Oliver’s absence.

The show is called Arrow, so the Arrow can’t be gone forever, but how difficult is the absence of Oliver Queen for Diggle?

RAMSEY: We’ll get into more of Diggle’s backstory, in terms of his relationship with Andy, the brother he lost. His hunt for Deadshot and his pure hatred for Deadshot was because he is the man who killed his brother. Oliver fills that void. Oliver is the brother he can save. And now, he can’t and he didn’t. So, you’re gonna see what that does to Diggle, specifically, and where that takes him, emotionally.

When you have someone like Stephen Amell, who’s such a presence on the show, what’s it like to have him not there?

RAMSEY: That’s interesting that you ask that. It’s odd, as an actor, doing so much with Stephen, and then he’s not there. You miss him, as an actor, obviously. But outside of that, me, Colton [Haynes], Emily [Bett Rickards] and Katie [Cassidy] really got to work together in ways that we weren’t able to work together before. There are some great scenes between me and Katie, and we never had scenes together before, like that. So, it was great to explore those things because we got to work with people that we never really got to work with before. It was odd being without Stephen because we missed him, but it was also great to work with these other actors.

Even without Arrow, the city still needs saving, so what will the team of Diggle and Arsenal look like?

RAMSEY: We’re finding our feet. It’s a little bit of fish-out-of-water. It doesn’t go smoothly, at first. Our head is not quite in the game, as it should be. The man who was running point is now dead, so someone else has to run point. It doesn’t go smoothly, but we find out legs. We find out why we’re working for the city and why we’re here, and we end up being okay. Team Arrow is more than just Arrow, hence the team part. There is no Arrow in team.

What’s the dynamic like between you and Colton Haynes?

RAMSEY: Colton is my little brother from another mother. He’s great. Working with Colton is fantastic. Working with Arsenal is great. The Diggle and Arsenal team-up is fantastic. He and I have some great scenes together, out in the field, as we’re fighting together. There’s a great big warehouse scene that we have together, where we’re both fighting a big bad guy in Oliver’s absence, and we have to find out how we work together. The writers have really done a great job at putting together these combinations that normally don’t have to work together.

Team Arrow is used to dealing with Sara as Black Canary, but now Laurel has stepped into that role. What’s it like to see her in the costume now?

RAMSEY: In terms of what Diggle feels about it, Diggle is a soldier, so he realizes that getting a civilian that’s on a mission – and that’s how he sees Canary – isn’t good, logistically. It’s not a good idea. That’s the way he approaches it, just purely militaristically. It’s not smart. But, he gets on board because she’s passionate and she’s training. She becomes a formidable ally in the field, and he recognizes that. Me, personally, having seen her don the outfit, I was jazzed about it. I was just like, “Wow!” I didn’t know what to expect. I was like, “Katie is now Black Canary? How’s that going to be?” I didn’t know what to expect, good or bad. But watching her in it and watching her take on that superhero persona, she’s been awesome.

When you’re seeing all of these people around you in bad-ass costumes, are you wondering where Diggle’s suit and mask is?

RAMSEY: That’s the question. It’s all over the internet. Everyone is asking, “Does Diggle get a mask?” I get it. We’re in a big warehouse, the crime is going on, there’s fire, you see Canary run in and she’s clad in black leather, Arrow has got his bow and green leather, Arsenal has got his red leather and mask, and Diggle comes in, in a bomber jacket. Yeah, I get it! There’s a great line that Oliver had where he said, “The mask isn’t just to protect you. It’s to protect the people you love.” If there’s anyone who has people he loves, with a potential wife and child at home, it’s Diggle. If anyone has something to protect, it’s him. So, the writers aren’t blind to this, nor is the audience, or the critics, or myself. We see it. I think it will be addressed. But, I also think that you have to be careful with Diggle because his appeal, I think, and I think everyone agrees with this, is his normalcy. He’s just a guy who came up through the ranks. He’s a normal guy who went to the military, served his country, did three tours, got married and had a child. He’s you and me. Everyone else is extraordinary, even Felicity. She’s in the top 5% of the world, in terms of her intelligence. Everyone is extraordinary, except for Diggle. What makes him extraordinary is his normalcy. So, you’ve gotta be careful. But yet, he does absolutely need to protect his identity in the field, no doubt about it. We just haven’t figured out how to do that yet.

Will there be any fun Daddy Diggle moments coming up?

RAMSEY: Oh, yes! I think that’s great for the show. No other character has that. Also, Diggle is probably the most well-adjusted of the characters. He’s where Oliver Queen wants to be, in five years or so. He has a family. He’s a crime fighter, and he has a wife and child. He’s also well-adjusted to being able to go out at night and beat up bad guys. So, yeah, you’ve gotta see that. I think that’s what locks you into Diggle’s awesomeness. He can do this, and then go home and kiss a baby and be okay with that. You’re going to see a lot more of that.

Now that we’ve seen how great and successful cross-over episodes can be, do you have a checklist of characters that you’d love to see Diggle go up against or team up with, in some way?

RAMSEY: You know I am. You know what I would like? It’s never going to happen, or maybe it will. I don’t want to see Batman, but I would love to see Bruce Wayne. Maybe he’s part of the League of Assassins, right now. Maybe he watched in horror as Oliver Queen was pushed off the cliff, or maybe he watched and it wasn’t so much in horror. Maybe he’s just joined the League, or maybe he’s been part of it for years. Who knows? Maybe he’s a billionaire who visits Starling. I don’t know. But, I would love to see that. As big as Ray Palmer is, with his billionaire persona, it ain’t Bruce Wayne. I would just love to see Bruce Wayne and Oliver Queen together.

http://collider.com/david-ramsey-arrow- ... interview/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ARROW 3.10 "Left Behind" Warner TV Asia Promo:

https://www.tumblr.com/video/lasha1706/ ... 92560/500/

- Arrow and The Flash: "Super Starts Here" Promo (HD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XZnt09bzf0

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow's Stephen Amell Talks Olicity and Oliver Queen's Health Status on Jimmy Kimmel (20-01-15):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM_OTqcrexc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4A-jFkoAuk

El actor estuvo ayer en el programa de Jimmy Kimmel. Amell dijo que estar en la serie era un sueño hecho realidad y cuando le preguntaron sobre Olicity la 'muerte' de Oliver, el actor dijo que ambos eran "amantes contrariados por las estrellas" y que el problema con que estén juntos es que "ella es ligeramente inalcanzable para mí, y mi personaje está muerto." Cuando le preguntaron si esto era realmente cierto, Amell dijo, "Está ciertamente herido".

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ARROW 3.10 "Left Behind" Sneak Peek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebZVBgUNnm8

- ARROW 3.09 "The Climb" Featurette (Nable Talks The Battle of The Century):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2VwxjQ9xCg

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.11 "Midnight City":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Ray Palmer y Felicity visitarán "The Flash" en el episodio 1.18 "All-Star Team-Up":
En una entrevista de Variety con los paroductores de "Arrow", éstos han revelado que Felicity regresará a "The Flash", esta vez acompañada de Ray Palmer.

El episodio es el 1.18 “All-Star Team-Up” y Kreisberg ha dicho lo siguiente al respecto:

“En el episodio 4 de ‘Flash’ cuando Felicity llega, no fue tan sólo un guiño para hacer que Felicity viniera. Estaba realmente integrado con la historia. Cuando ves lo que está pasando en ‘The Flash’ en ese punto de la temporada, Barry realmente está en una encrucijada. El tener a Felicity llegando cuando él la necesita realmente juega un papel en toda la temporada. Está bien porque como Marc dijo, Ray Palmer es todo tecnología y STAR Labs es todo teconología. Vamos a ver a Ray muy feliz en STAR Labs… Con Cisco [Carlos Valdes] y Ray, ellos son los mejores nuevos amigos. El equipo de STAR Labs va a ayudar más aún a Ray en su projecto ATOM.”

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/arrow-w ... 201410918/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ARROW 3.11 Promo "Midnight City" (HD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfe-ONJSyMw

- ARROW 3.11 Extended Promo "Midnight City" (HD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIxLtQpbcnM

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes BTS del 3.10 "Left Behind":

Imagen Imagen

(@Glen_Winter: Finally I'm able tweet this shot of Me and that Dead Dude.... #Arrow #ArrowMidSeasonPremiere @amellywood
@Glen_Winter: This is how we film a Dead Dude on the side of a giant cliff... #Arrow #ArrowMidSeasonPremiere @amellywood)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 3.13 "Canaries":
3.13 "Canaries" (11/02/15): VERTIGO (LA ESTRELLA INVITADA PETER STORMARE) REGRESA Y ENFRENTA A CANARY CONTRA BLACK CANARY — Oliver (Stephen Amell) está desconcertado por los cambios en el Team Arrow. Él solía decidir pero ve que el equipo ha evolucionado en su ausencia y las tensiones escalan rápidamente en la guarida. Oliver está furioso de que Laurel (Katie Cassidy) haya empezado a salir como Black Canary y le pide que pare de arriesgar su vida, pero cuando Vertigo (la estrella invitada Peter Stormare) golpea las calles de nuevo, Laurl va contra los deseos de Oliver y rastrea a Vertigo quien le dispara con una dosis completa de la droga. Los mayores miedos de Laurel giran en torno a su hermana Sara (la estrella invitada Caity Lotz) así es que Vertigo le provoca que tenga una alucinación de una épica batalla entre Canary y Black Canary. Mientras tanto, Chase (la estrella invitada Austin Butler) sorprende a Thea (Willa Holland), y Roy (Colton Haynes) avisando a Thea de que se mantenga alejada de Malcolm (John Barrowman). Michael Schultz dirige el episodio escrito por Jake Coburn & Emilia Ortega Aldrich.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-3-13- ... tion/21030

Añadidos los rátings del 3.10 "Left Behind". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ARROW 3.11 "Midnight City" Producer´s Preview (HD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsTCx7Pw5Rg

- Arrow and The Flash: "Super Starts Here" Extended Promo (HD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDPk7JXNurs

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes BTS de la S3 (23-01-15):

Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@davidpaulramsey Back from vacation. With a new word! #foundryfridays
@coltonlhaynes riday night shoot with @davidpaulramsey ...he's Turner and I'm Hooch
@davidpaulramsey Selfless co-workers #foundryfridays)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ARROW 3.11 "Midnight City" Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so8XvIguA5w

- Arrow's David Ramsey Diggle up close 2014 Amell & Barrowman bloopers & Olicity, Full Phoenix Comicon Panel (Dic 2014):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tRc71s8sq0

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”