Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arr

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Divertido video bts con Katrina Law y Matt Nable (30-04-15):

https://instagram.com/p/2G2HJOBs8-/

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow Stunt Series "Nyssa vs. Al Sah-Him":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAqJQ9ZTx44

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo Póster promocional "Superhero Fight Club" de 'The Atom':

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ARROW 3.22 "This Is Your Sword" Producer´s preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBomwYqN468

- ARROW 3.22 "This Is Your Sword" Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxRIIyPOi9g

- ARROW 3.22 "This Is Your Sword" Clip #2:

http://bcove.me/qan6o6cd

- ARROW 3.22 "This Is Your Sword" Clip #3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7o45PsuTc

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Superhero Fight Club" Promo Wallpaper:

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ARROW 3.23 "My Name is Oliver Queen" Promo (Season finale):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-iGE15H4FY

- ARROW 3.23 "My Name is Oliver Queen" Extended Promo (season finale):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrCwIUEIWb0

- ARROW 3.23 "My Name is Oliver Queen" 1 Minute Promo (season finale):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuS8ij1Jt8o

- ARROW 3.23 "My Name is Oliver Queen" Canadian Promo (season finale):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEG0d1J4b9s

- ARROW 3.23 "My Name is Oliver Queen" New Zeland Promo (season finale):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsEhPnFwZYM

- ARROW 3.23 "My Name is Oliver Queen" Asian Promo (season finale):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-eAD015d9g

Añadidos los rátings del 3.22 "This Is Your Sword". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ARROW 3.23 "My Name is Oliver Queen" Stills (season finale):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stephen Amell at Fox Sports 1's Garbage Time With Katie Nolan (May 10, 2015):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyCl9bcxJ60

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stephen Amell Panel at "Wizard World Philly Comic Con 2015" (May 10, 2015):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuqeU2jgHYU

- Katie Cassidy Panel at "Wizard World Philly Comic Con 2015" -AUDIO- (May 10, 2015):

https://crazy4comiccon.wordpress.com/20 ... idy-panel/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo Póster promocional "Superhero Fight Club" de 'Ra´s Al Ghul':

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow Stunt Series "Team Arrow vs. The League":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dkkgVkJNG8

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Marc Guggenheim dice que la Finale deja a la serie "Fracturada" (THR):
Marc Guggenheim dice que la Finale deja a la serie "Fracturada"
Por Aaron Couch 12 Mayo, 2015 10:00am PT

Is Arrow about to destroy everything it holds dear?

Wednesday's season finale picks up after Oliver (Stephen Amell) left his friends to die in a cell in Ra's al Ghul's (Matt Nable) Nanda Parbat prison. Ra's plans to release a toxin and destroy Starling City, and in order to stop him, Oliver has played along with the plan. Secretly, he's been working with Merlyn (John Barrowman) to put a stop to it.

The season has already dismantled the Arrow lair and seen Sara (Caity Lotz) and Roy (Colton Haynes) exit the series. Though the CW series is coming back for season four, executive producer Marc Guggenheim says the episode has the feel of a series finale and that its conclusion will leave viewers asking, "How can the show go on?"
In a chat with The Hollywood Reporter, Guggenheim weighs in on the finale's big events, The Flash's (Grant Gustin) role in the episode, and how it ties into the upcoming spinoff DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

How much does the finale tease season four?

It gives you a very definitive end. It does feel like a series finale. At the same time, now that we're working on season four, there are plot threads and notions from the season finale that get pulled into season four. It really does function on both levels, much more so than previous season finales. We've never ended a season the way we're ending this season, where literally you are going, "How can the show go on?" At the end of season one in the wake of Tommy's [Colin Donnell] death, there was a question of how can Oliver go on? But there was no question of how the show was going to be the show. Here, literally there is no more Arrow identity. There is no more lair. Relationships are fractured. All the things that sort of make the show the show are kind of gone. It's an interesting conundrum the finale poses, which is "OK. that was a really satisfying ending, but I know there is a season four, so how is there going to be a season four?" It's a cliffhanger.

What were your main goals going into this finale?

Sticking the landing on all the plot twists that have brought us to this point. This has probably been one of our twistier ends of the year. And making sure that everything came to a satisfying conclusion was definitely priority No. 1. We wanted to make it a big, compelling season finale. At the same time we wanted to make sure we weren't just repeating ourselves. At the end of the day, I always joke that Act V, or in the case of season one, Act VI, is going to involve Oliver punching the big bad of the year somewhere. Beyond that, how can we mix things up? How can we keep it from feeling like the season finales of years past?

Oliver appears to have left his friends to die last episode. Can those relationships be salvaged?

One of the things Oliver says to Ra's in 322 is, "I've left my entire life in tatters and I basically don't have a home to go back to." In the season finale, we will learn why Oliver did that. Not just the plot reason. Someone is going to very pointedly ask him, "How did you expect to repair all of this?" Oliver will have a very specific answer to that question.

How do you work Barry Allen into the episode without having him solve all of Oliver's problems?

That's one of the things we talk about a lot, having a shared superhero universe. On the one hand, why doesn't Team Arrow just call Barry all the time? And if he does, why doesn't Barry make the episode five minutes long? That question gets answered pretty specifically in the season finale. We wrote it in close consultation with The Flash writers, knowing where Barry was in his story and if you watch episode 23 of Arrow with 23 of Flash back to back, Barry goes straight from Arrow into the season finale of Flash. There's a pretty good explanation in The Flash story as why he can't just solve all of Oliver's problems in five minutes.

What's it like saying goodbye to Ra's as the big bad and to Matt Nable?

It's tough. Matt is a great actor and he's just a wonderful human being. I was just emailing with him the other day. We have ideas for how to bring him back next year. At the same time, if we do our job correctly, by the end of the season you feel like "OK, I've gotten to the point where I'm narratively satisfied with the story that was told." With Arrow, nothing is ever permanent. Things are always subject to change and evolution, so one thing we always talk about — John Barrowman was the big bad of season one. Now look, he is a series regular on the show. Nothing is ever forever. We are just telling the end of this particular story with respect to Ra's.

Did knowing you have a spinoff coming affect the choices you made with this finale?

Not really. Ray's last scene, which is a very definitive sendoff was actually something we talked about way back at the beginning of the year, long before the spinoff was discussed. While Ray's sendoff does a nice job of teeing up where he is headed in the spinoff, it was always something we were going to do. It functions both as an end to Ray's story in season three, as well as a little tease of what people might be able to expect from the spinoff.

Stay tuned to The Live Feed for more from the Arrow finale.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ers-794902

- Marc Guggenheim sobre las malas elecciones de Oliver, la Finale de la Season 3 & Constantine (comicbook):
Marc Guggenheim sobre las malas elecciones de Oliver, la Finale de la Season 3 & Constantine
Por James Viscardi 12/05/2015

Marc Guggenheim is a bit of an engineer. On top of executive-producing The CW’s Arrow for three seasons in a row, he’s also one of the chief minds behind DC Entertainment’s sprawling television universe. As the DC TV Universe expands with The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Vixen, Guggenheim’s in charge of constructing those pieces, ensuring that the separate parts combine into an efficient and well-oiled machine.

But no matter how complex DC’s constructions may get, Guggenheim's heart and center will always be Oliver Queen. As Guggenheim ushers Arrow into its third season finale this week, the writer discusses how The CW’s first superhero series has evolved and grown within the grand tapestry he and his team have built. Below, Guggenheim reveals how he unfolds crossovers with sister series like the Flash, explains Arrow’s adaptation to an increasingly magical universe, and teases a possible Constantine crossover.

How do you map out the smaller crossovers between Arrow and The Flash? For instance, when you did the “Flash Vs. Arrow” crossover the first time, it was a huge event, but for these season finales, fans found out bit by bit as you released new information.

It’s funny. I think our first inclination almost all the time is to be secretive, because we love nothing more than surprising the audience. That said, there’s a lot of gravitational forces that are moving it away from secrecy. One is simply the desire to keep people interested in the show and certainly they’re more interested in the things they know about than the things they don’t know about. There’s also the practical factor of, the fact that with The Flash and Arrow we don’t only shoot on our stages, but also out on location. When you go out on locations you’re in front of people with cell phones and cameras. It’s always a bit of a balancing act. With respect to Flash’s appearance in Arrow for the finale, we didn’t really plan on keeping it a secret. We kind of didn’t want to keep it a secret, but at the same time we wanted to announce it at the right time. There was no need to announce it any further out than we did. But even with the Flash’s appearance, this is still very much an episode of Arrow. It’s a an episode of Arrow that happens to have the Flash in it, unlike the crossover, where we were trying to merge both shows for an event. That was a much different animal.

Stephen Amell said the other day that the finale for season 3 feels more like a series finale. Is that more be a hint of him moving towards a newer incarnation of his character? Maybe something more in the vein of Green Arrow?

[Chuckles]

I think what he was reacting to - because I send the cuts to Stephen whenever they’re done - I think what he was really reacting to was its feeling of a series finale. You know, there’s no more lair, there’s no more Arrow. It feels like the conclusion of something. I think that's where he may have been coming from with that.

As we’ve moved closer towards the season’s end, it feels like Oliver, as a character, has become unsympathetic. Do you feel like it’s a gamble on your part to do that with the titular character? Or is there something deeper in there that you’re just waiting for fans to discover?

It’s funny, because it’s a gamble we’ve taken pretty much ever since the first episode. The first act out, the first commercial break in the very first episode, is Oliver with his hand around his mother’s neck. It’s something we got a lot of mileage out of because Oliver doesn’t always make the best decisions. I think a lot of people were saying, ‘Oh you’re writing Oliver this year like he’s Bruce Wayne!’ and I think they’re giving Oliver too much credit, because Bruce, generally speaking, doesn’t f— up. Oliver does… A big currency of the show is Oliver’s poor decisions. He does make unlikeable choices. That’s his character. And again, that’s not a new development: that’s going back to the pilot.

But does Oliver know that his actions are unlikeable? We actually get a very definitive answer from him to that point. Someone specifically asks him, ‘How did you expect to repair all this?’ He’s got an answer for it. It may not be an answer you like, but I do think it’s answer that will make him, if not likable, then sympathetic at the least. Especially when you see what he’s been willing to do and why he’s been willing to do it. I think at the very least there’s a measure of sympathy for Oliver. That really, when we talk about sort of pushing the line with the audience, I think for my money, Oliver doesn’t always have to be likable. Hopefully, that answer will satisfy some people.

You mentioned that this season’s tone would skew darker. But, we’ve also seen the flip-side of that with fantastic bright spots from characters like Ray, and to some extent, Barry. As the universe grows with shows like Legends and The Flash, and with them more new characters, is it easier to balance the tone?

Ever since Barry came on the show in episode 208, the big surprise to us has been how much the show can actually withstand these additions. Not just in terms of super powers, but in terms of tone. I don’t know if we could’ve had a character like Ray Palmer on the show in season one, in terms of his tone. It took Felicity opening that door. It took Barry to get us to accept the character again, like Ray, who could fly across the city in a suit. So, the show keeps demonstrating a capacity to always remain the show, to always remain what Arrow is. It should not only evolve, but expand what it can do and expand the types of tones it can hold onto. I actually feel like, if you’re gonna do a series of any duration, specifically a network series where you’re doing 23 episodes a year, you have to be able to change it up. There’s nothing that kills a show quicker than episodes becoming formulaic and stagnant. Part of combating that is introducing new characters, bringing in new tones, and introducing new concepts like magic, which we did with the Lazarus Pit. All of these things are vital to keeping the show fresh and vibrant and constantly unpredictable . At the same time, it’s our job as writers to make sure it never moves so far away from it’s core that it becomes a different show.

I thought that introducing magic and devices like the Lazarus Pit was interesting, because it takes the show into unexplored territory. But now that Constantine is cancelled, does that give you guys latitude to pick up some of the devices that Constantine left behind? Could the John Constantine character show up if you delved deeper into magic?

It’s something we’ve discussed a great deal. I think there’s a lot of desire on our part as writers, and also on the actor’s part, which is also a prerequisite. I think the studio and DC would be on board with it. I think the tricky thing for us with the show’s fate up in the air, it complicates things for us a bit. We’re waiting for all the dust to settle and the pieces to fall into place, but it’s something that continues to come up. We’ve had a lot of discussions in the writer’s room about it. We have a lot of really good ideas, one in particular that I think is really fantastic. If it’s feasible and it remains organic to the story, it’s absolutely something we would do. But, there are certain things that are out of our control and need to be resolved before we go that route.

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/12/arrows- ... finale-ma/

- Arrow scoop: ¿Quién va a morir en la season finale? (EW):
Arrow scoop: ¿Quién va a morir en la season finale?
Por Natalie Abrams 12 Mayo, 2015

As Ra’s al Ghul (Matt Nable) sets his sights on destroying Starling City in the Arrow finale, Oliver (Stephen Amell) faces the unenviable task of beating the man that nearly killed him. Will everyone come out of the Arrow finale alive? Spoiler alert: Nope! EW turned to executive producer Marc Guggenheim to get the scoop:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What can you tell us about the season finale?
MARC GUGGENHEIM: It’s really the culmination of everything that we’ve been doing all year long. There’s obviously a fair amount of cliffhangers from the penultimate episode that need to be resolved. There are a lot of legitimate questions that people have, probably starting with, “Does Team Arrow survive?” This is a somewhat different finale than years past because it’s got a lot more character going on in it. There are plenty of pyrotechnics and two really huge sequences—one on a plane and another on top of a dam. It’s got the production value of years past, but there are a lot more character moments woven throughout here than we’ve typically done in a finale.

Oliver was able to keep his cover by leaving his friends to die. We know they’re not actually going to die, but how will this betrayal affect Team Arrow? Can Diggle (David Ramsey) ever trust him again?
The short answer is no. This is something that we really tackle head-on in the season finale. I don’t want to spoil the endgame, but I will say that the idea that Oliver has chosen to trust Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) over Diggle and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), and the fact that he kept Diggle and Felicity in the dark, we hit that issue straight on. The ramifications of those decisions are going to reverberate into season 4. This is not a situation that can be easily wrapped up with an exchange of I’m sorrys. This is something our characters will be dealing with well into season 4.

When Oliver goes up against Ra’s al Ghul, what has changed this time that affords him an actual chance to win?
He’s changed. This is something dealt with very directly in the finale. When he faced Ra’s before in episode 309, that was really a lifetime ago for Oliver. He’s gone through a great deal. In the season finale, we’ll find out that Oliver was willing to make a sacrifice that hopefully is a surprise to people how far he was willing to go and what he was willing to do in order to stop Ra’s. It’s only by virtue of recognizing what that sacrifice meant and being talked through it by someone that he realizes the key to beating Ra’s al Ghul.

How much of a role does Barry Allen/The Flash (Grant Gustin) actually play in the season finale?
He plays a fairly pivotal role. Barry’s arrival is very key. The whole episode couldn’t happen without him.

Oliver is technically still married to Nyssa (Katrina Law), even though he was undercover. How does that dynamic play into the finale?
It actually prompts two of my favorite lines in the episode. Suffice it to say, Felicity has some nuggets to share. Either one is really my biggest swing into trying to get into the quotes page in Entertainment Weekly. [Laughs] I’m taking my best shot here.

What will we see for Laurel (Katie Cassidy) in the finale?
A really great and pivotal scene with her and Paul Blackthorne. The relationship between father and daughter has been really fraught since episode 313 when she told Lance about not just that Sara (Caity Lotz) died, but that she’s been keeping this a secret from Lance basically since episode 301. It’s definitely a complex relationship. In keeping with the emotional reality that we’re trying to play with Team Arrow and that fact that Oliver’s decisions don’t have easy and quick resolutions, the same is true with respect to the Lance family. This is something that’s also going to have repercussions. Not as big. We’re not just putting a tiny little bow on everything at the end of this episode. There’s still a level of complexity in all the emotional relationships on the show.

Even if Oliver is able to stop Ra’s and protect the city, Starling City believes the Arrow to be dead, so what does that mean for the future?
That’s a really good question. That’s the thing that hopefully people are realizing by now, which is there is no more Arrow identity, there’s no more lair. In many ways, it feels like this is the end of the show. In fact, on a lot of levels, this episode could function as a series finale, and I think it has that feel to it by the end. With that said, we’re already hard at work on season 4, so I know that there is more going on. People ask me if this episode is a cliffhanger. It really depends on your definition of cliffhanger. If your definition is, “How can the show continue after this episode?” Then yes, this episode definitely ends on a cliffhanger.

Will we get more hints about Damien Darhk and H.I.V.E. in the finale?
There’s definitely more coming. I don’t want to spoil too much about what happens with Damien Darhk. We’ve never teed up the big bad of the following year in a season finale the way we do in this episode.

What’s going on in the flashbacks during the finale?
There are some very emotional things going on in Hong Kong in the wake of Akio’s death. We resolve the cliffhanger from episode 22. We had left Oliver and the Yamishiros in a pretty vulnerable spot as far Shrieve (Marc Singer) and his men are concerned. My hope is that this takes you on a very clear emotional journey for Oliver and you understand what’s going on with him. It’ll give you an indication as to how we’re not going to be in Hong Kong next year.

What will we see for Thea (Willa Holland) in the finale? Any chance of seeing her in the costume Roy (Colton Haynes) left behind?
She’s going to turn that costume into a wallet. That’s good quality leather. [Laughs] It’s probably the least well-kept secret ever, but you’ll definitely get a sense as to what her trajectory is going forward past season 3. I also think you get a very clear end to the story between Malcolm and her. That’s obviously another plot line that has been running throughout the entire season. It comes to a pretty satisfying close.

Should we be expecting any deaths in the finale?
There will be one death in the finale. It will definitely stick.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/12/ar ... h-spoilers

- Marc Guggenheim adelanta el cliffhanger del final de la S3, y las bases para la S4 (hypable):
Marc Guggenheim adelanta el cliffhanger del final de la S3, y las bases para la S4
Por Caitlin Kelly 6:00 pm, 12 Mayo, 2015

Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim teases what to expect from the season 3 finale and the set up for season 4.

A ‘definitive end’

Arrow‘s season 3 finale, titled “My Name Is Oliver Queen,” will feel different than the previous two season finales, Guggenheim promises. “It gives you a very definitive end. It does feel like a series finale,” he says. With that in mind, though, “there are plot threads and notions from the season finale that get pulled into season 4.”

“We’ve never ended a season the way we’re ending this season, where literally you are going, ‘How can the show go on?'” he continues. In previous finales, “there was no question of how the show was going to be the show.” That is going to change with this finale, however.

“Here, literally there is no more Arrow identity. There is no more lair. Relationships are fractured. All the things that sort of make the show the show are kind of gone. It’s an interesting conundrum the finale poses, which is ‘OK. That was a really satisfying ending, but I know there is a season 4, so how is there going to be a season 4?’ It’s a cliffhanger.”

Speaking of fractured relationships, Guggenheim elaborates on the choices Oliver has made in the most recent episodes, essentially destroying the most important relationships in his life. “In the season finale, we will learn why Oliver did that,” he teases. “Not just the plot reason. Someone is going to very pointedly ask him, ‘How did you expect to repair all of this?’ Oliver will have a very specific answer to that question.”

‘Flash’ crossover

Shifting gears, Guggenheim addresses the inclusion of The Flash‘s Barry Allen in the Arrow season finale. Something the writers discuss a lot, he says, is balancing the “shared superhero universe” with the individual series.

“On the one hand, why doesn’t Team Arrow just call Barry all the time? And if he does, why doesn’t Barry make the episode five minutes long? That question gets answered pretty specifically in the season finale.”

He adds, “We wrote it in close consultation with The Flash writers, knowing where Barry was in his story and if you watch episode 23 of Arrow with 23 of Flash back to back, Barry goes straight from Arrow into the season finale of Flash. There’s a pretty good explanation in The Flash story as why he can’t just solve all of Oliver’s problems in five minutes.”

Ra’s al Ghul

As for Matt Nable’s Ra’s al Ghul, Guggenheim says, “We have ideas for how to bring him back next year. At the same time, if we do our job correctly, by the end of the season you feel like, ‘OK, I’ve gotten to the point where I’m narratively satisfied with the story that was told.’

“With Arrow, nothing is ever permanent. … We are just telling the end of this particular story with respect to Ra’s.”

Ray Palmer

Another character who will be departing in the season finale (to star in Legends of Tomorrow) is Ray, though the spinoff was not in the writers’ minds when crafting his farewell. “Ray’s last scene, which is a very definitive sendoff, was actually something we talked about way back at the beginning of the year, long before the spinoff was discussed,” Guggenheim explains.

“While Ray’s sendoff does a nice job of teeing up where he is headed in the spinoff, it was always something we were going to do.”

http://www.hypable.com/arrow-season-3-f ... r-preview/

- Marc Guggenheim: la Finale de esta noche ‘volará por los aires’ la serie (vulture):
Marc Guggenheim: la Finale de esta noche ‘volará por los aires’ la serie
Por Jenny Raftery 13 Mayo, 2015

In tonight’s season finale of Arrow, Oliver Queen faces off with big bad Ra’s Al Ghul, who has plans to destroy Starling City. (Being an insurance adjuster in that town must be quite the lucrative gig.) Ra’s isn’t the only one looking to make big changes: Arrow showrunner Marc Guggenheim promises that tonight’s episode will “blow up” the show as fans know it. “By the end of the season finale, people are going to think, Holy heck, how are they going to do this show anymore? I’m a big fan of the shows that can blow themselves up and then reconstitute themselves.” Before Guggenheim hit the detonator, Vulture spoke with him about his reflections on season three — the risks and challenges — and how Oliver nearly missed being kicked off that cliff.

Season three has been a big year for Oliver in terms of growth and coming to terms with his identity as the Arrow. Besides Oliver, which character do you think changed the most this season?
To me, it’s a photo finish between Felicity and Laurel. Gosh, and Thea, too. I think all of our female characters really went through something this year. With Felicity, I feel like she really found her voice in the lair. Unlike seasons one and two, where Felicity was just kind of quietly pining after Oliver, I think she had more of a point of view this year. She was willing to go toe-to-toe with Oliver a bit more. And Laurel obviously took this huge leap forward in becoming the Black Canary. That was one of our riskier moves. We took this character who is basically an attorney and turned her into a superhero. It was tricky to do that within the confines of the reality that we’ve set for the show.

Sara’s death in the season-three premiere is the catalyst for Laurel’s transition to Black Canary, and that death seemed to set a dark, more philosophical tone for the season overall. Was the darker tone a purposeful choice, or did the themes you were exploring, like identity, simply tend to favor that direction?
It really just tended to favor that direction. We didn’t set out to make the season dark. It really wasn’t until the end of season three that I started to realize, “Oh, when you look at the gestalt of the episodes, they’re pretty dark.” When you start a season killing off a character, it’s going to have that effect. The one thing about Arrow is we’re not afraid of the dark. This is a show where at the end of an episode’s second act, you have the protagonist breaking someone’s neck just to keep a secret. It’s a dark show. That’s sort of where we oftentimes find ourselves trafficking. That said, if the whole season is a piece of music, we definitely started off by hitting a minor key.

I personally loved the darker material. If season three had just been a simple repeat of seasons one and two, that would have felt unsatisfying, even though I enjoyed those seasons. There has to be change.
I agree. The show has to constantly be evolving, otherwise you can get stagnant very quickly, and you can find yourself in a situation where you’re just repeating old character dynamics and, God forbid, old plotlines. That’ll get you through a season, but you’ve just really shortened the lifespan of your show because the audience picks up on that pretty quickly. One of things we say on Arrow is, “The only constant is evolution.”

There’s evolution, but there’s also flexibility, which I think Arrow does really well — like choosing to make Emily Bett Rickards a series regular in season one. What kind of flexibility was there in season three? Where did you deviate from the plan?
The idea of having Oliver be stabbed and kicked off a mountain [in the mid-season finale] — that wasn’t part of the game plan. That was something that was a relatively late discovery for us. The season ends the way we had always anticipated and planned out, but our route getting there was a little different.

What made you go the stabbing/kicking route?
It was a combination of a couple of things. If Oliver is going to have his first fight with the big bad of the year in the mid-season finale, which is what we had set up, it was first a question of, how do we have that fight unfold in a way that’s unexpected? By doing what we did, it opened up this possibility of Ra’s offering Oliver the mantle of Ra’s Al Ghul, which satisfied another problem we were struggling with. We knew that Ra’s at the end of the season was going to try to destroy the city. That’s what our big bads tend to do. But, in season three, how do you keep things fresh and new? One thing we hadn’t seen was the big bad try to corrupt Oliver. We hadn’t seen the big bad say, “Take my hand and come to the dark side.” That was a very exciting discovery for us.

For a while this season, I wasn’t sure who the big bad was supposed to be. In the first half of the season, Malcolm, setting up Thea to kill Sara, made Ra’s seem like a puppy. But, in the back half, Malcolm’s trying to make amends and Ra’s is at his worst. So was Malcolm a red herring? Or is he just the “little” bad that just kind of hangs around?
I love the fact that we’re always wondering where Malcolm stands and what he’s up to. He’s such a rich character. We never really intended on him being the big bad of the year because we had done that in season one. I will say that the conclusion of Malcolm’s story in the season finale is exactly what we always had planned from the very beginning of the season. I’m really looking forward to people’s reaction to the end of that story.

Was there a character or story line that you think fans misunderstood, in terms of the show’s intentions?
At the top of the list is the Oliver-Nyssa wedding. If there’s ever an example of people missing the point, it was people outraged that our villain was forcing his lesbian daughter into a marriage with a straight man. I should point out it wouldn’t be okay if he were to force his lesbian daughter into a relationship with a lesbian woman if the daughter didn’t love the woman. I think a vocal minority on Twitter and Tumblr read a political statement into that story line where none was intended. That was the last thing I was expecting, especially because everyone on the show is so pro-marriage equality. To have our work interpreted as being antithetical to that was pretty surprising. The bad guy was doing something bad. Some people were thinking we were somehow making Nyssa straight as a result of the story line. Being married does not change your sexual orientation. I’m glad, though, that the show can engender passionate debate, and I’m glad that we have fans that are so pro-LGBT rights that they can get angry about these things.

One of my favorite developments in season three is the introduction of Maseo and Tatsu, both in the Hong Kong flashbacks and present day. Excellent casting.
For me, one of the really lovely surprises of season three is how much the audience has responded to both those actors and characters. That was really gratifying. I hope the season finale gives a proper send-off to those characters, because it’s been so much fun to write for Rila [Fukushima] and Karl [Yune], and knowing whatever we write for them they were going to knock out it of the park. They were the two big surprises of the year. Every year we plan as much as we possibly can, but we’re really banking on the unexpected finds, either in terms of casting or story choices or both, to help push the season over the top.

What’s the lesson that you learned from season three that you’ll be carrying with you into season four?
Every season you learn something. I think, for us, we got as tired of the doom and gloom as everyone else. By the end of the season, we in the writers’ room were all craving a lighter tone. I don’t think the show will ever be as tonally fun as The Flash. They’re Metropolis, and we’re more Gotham City. But at the same time, there’s a desire on our parts as writers to move our characters into a happier place.

So … the lesson wasn’t that the show should have more scenes with Stephen Amell shirtless?
[Laughs.] That’s something that’s been discussed. We’ve got some stuff in place that will probably deliver more shirtless Stephen Amell scenes to you next season.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/arrow-fi ... er_vulture

- ¿Será 'Arrow' alguna vez lo mismo? Jefe de la serie sobre la 'Emocional' Season Finale (ETOnline):
¿Será 'Arrow' alguna vez lo mismo? Jefe de la serie sobre la 'Emocional' Season Finale
Por Philiana Ng 13 Mayo, 2015 7:00 AM PDT

Will Arrow ever be the same?

Tonight’s season finale, titled "My Name Is Oliver Queen," picks up after Oliver (Stephen Amell) abandoned his allies to perish in a Nanda Parbat cell, seemingly betraying his friends. In reality, Oliver was playing the long con against Ra’s al Ghul (Matt Nable), going along with the Demon’s wishes to destroy any trace of Starling City while secretly plotting with Malcolm (John Barrowman) to bring the deadly plan to an end.

The repercussions of Oliver siding with Malcolm over Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) won't be something easily resolved by the end of the season – in fact, far from it. But as Oliver and Ra's get ready to square off once again in the ultimate rematch (this time, Oliver's in it to win it), things on Arrow are about to change forever.

Ahead of tonight's action-packed finale (including a visit from The Flash, a send-off for Ray Palmer and yikes, another death!), we jumped on the phone with executive producer Marc Guggenheim to get the scoop on what lies ahead.

Identity has been the undercurrent of the season and it seems Oliver is coming to grips with his “Oliver Queen” side. Where does his Arrow half stand as we wrap up season three and head into season four?

That’s really the interesting question. It’s something that gets very definitively answered in this episode. It kind of tees us up to where we’re planning on heading into season four, but what makes the question particularly complex is the fact that there kind of is no more Arrow. Ra’s [al Ghul] pretty much stuck a fork in that identity. What Oliver ends up doing in light of that probably shouldn’t be too surprising to people but we’ll see.

Stephen Amell recently characterized the finale as one that's in the vein of a "series finale."

I definitely agree with Stephen. It feels like a series finale. There’s actually a segment that we picked up after we wrapped production that I think really doubles down on that notion.

What it was designed to be was a capstone, not just to the season but as a capstone to the first three seasons. I think it functions very well on that part. That’s what makes it feel like a potential series finale even though it’s obviously not – me along with all the writers are deep into season four. But everyone’s going to finish the finale and go “Well, how do they still have a show after this?” We have an answer to that question but hopefully it’s not an answer that people can predict terribly easily.

Oliver returns to Starling City a married man after wedding Nyssa at Ra’s’ request. How does this change in Oliver's relationship status affect his future with Felicity?

We always say Oliver and Felicity is an up-and-down, back-and-forth situation that’s constantly in flux. With that in mind, this episode gives a pretty definitive answer – at least for the time being. And we’re not ignoring the wedding. It gets brought up a couple times over the course of the finale so you’ll continue to enjoy married Oliver. But you’ll see what we’re talking about.

But Oliver was forced to marry, so could his situation be considered different?

It is definitely a shotgun wedding, which my wife [Agent Carter co-showrunner Tara Butters] does remind me is still as binding as every other kind of wedding.

Another relationship that seems nearly irreparable is Oliver’s friendship with Diggle. How much work does Oliver have to do to salvage their friendship and does their conflict lead into season four?

What’s happened between Oliver and Diggle is so profound that one thing that we did want to do was really resist the temptation to try to wrap it up in the season finale with a nice, convenient “I’m sorry, I love you buddy” scene. The goal here is to actually play the emotional reality of what has transpired and what everyone’s reactions should be as best as possible. This is something that will continue to be a factor in season four.

Lastly, what does the season finale hold?

What I really like about this finale is it’s a lot more emotional than the previous finales. In previous finales, we always did a really great job with the production value and blowing stuff up – and we definitely have some really great production value sequences in this episode – but we’ve managed to do it in service of the story that allows us to spend a bit more time with our characters and really get a chance to pay off some of these emotional beats that we’ve been setting up for the entire season.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/164385_arrow ... _3_finale/

- Marc Guggenheim sobre la épica batalla de Oliver & Ra's al Ghul y el villano de la S4 (CBR):
Marc Guggenheim sobre la épica batalla de Oliver & Ra's al Ghul y el villano de la S4
Por Bryan Cairns, 13 Mayo 2015

Everything Oliver and crew have gone through in Season Three has been building up to this.

Ever since Sara Lance's murder, Team Arrow has been pushed to the limit. Laurel assumed the Black Canary mantle; Thea died, and was resurrected; Roy left; Oliver's secret identity was blown, leading him to reluctantly become the leader of the League of Assassins. Now, in order to save Starling City, Oliver must once again face Ra's al Ghul, the foe who previously bested him in combat and left him for dead. More than that, Oliver must somehow find a way to survive.

Ahead of tonight's "Arrow" finale, executive producer Marc Guggenheim spoke with CBR about what it will take to defeat Ra's, Oliver's change in attitude, Thea's growth and involving the Flash in the series' season closer. Then, as if that weren't enough, Guggenheim opens up about Season Four and the new major threat it will pit against the defenders of Starling City.

CBR News: Oliver didn't stand a chance against Ra's al Ghul in their last encounter. What's different in Round Two? What can viewers expect from this confrontation?

Marc Guggenheim: Oliver is different. Episode 309, "The Climb," was the last time Oliver fought Ra's. It was almost a lifetime ago. The question I think you are asking is definitely answered in the finale. We've always said this season has to do with identity. Given the theme, it's appropriate that the key to Oliver defeating Ra's lies in identity.

It's hard to figure out Malcolm Merlyn [John Barrowman]. Is he a double double agent? Where do his loyalties lie?

The finale will also definitively answer that question. You'll not only get an answer to that question, but really get a good sense as to what's been motivating him. I think pretty much all his recent actions will get explained.

How conflicted is Nyssa on which side to stand?

I don't think she's that conflicted. Once Ra's forced her to marry Oliver, once they had their scenes in episode 322, any level of conflict went away. This episode you get a very clear sense as to where Nyssa stands with her father and what her feelings are towards him.

Thea [Willa Holland] has been manipulated, killed, resurrected and forced to watch her brother become the next Ra's in order to keep her safe. How have all these events shaped her?

She's been on a season-long journey. It's not just about her near-death experience or her resurrection. It really was about the whole year for her. The training she got from Malcolm, the brainwashing, the discovery of the brainwashing, the ups-and-downs about her relationship with Malcolm -- all of these things are very much in part of the journey she's been going on all year long. This season finale is, I wouldn't say the end to her story -- it's just the culmination in terms of everything she's gone through, as well as the ups-and-downs that she's had vis-a-vis her relationship with Malcolm. Both those plotlines get a pretty definitive answer in this episode, while still setting her up for where we're planning on taking her character next year.

There are still a lot of players on the board. Tatsu, Detective Lance, Diggle, Laure, Felicity -- where do they fit into the finale?

Everyone has a role to play. Lance and Laurel's critical thing is their relationship. We're not going to put a tidy bow on their relationship. I don't think that would be realistic in light of everything that has happened between these two characters. At the same time, we're evolving their relationship past the point of Laurel saying, "I'm sorry," and Lance saying, "I'll never forgive you."

We basically leave Tatsu open and available to us in Season Four. There was a lot of talk in the writers' room about how involved she should be in the finale. At the end of the day, you only have 42 minutes. We had an organic place to leave her, and it felt like the right end to her storyline this year. But it also leaves open the door to return next year. Tatsu's screen time really comes in the flashbacks this episode. We still have to tell the conclusion of that story.

What was the thought process behind involving the Flash?

It's something that we had talked about ever since the beginning of the year. Basically, wouldn't it be fun to have the Flash be part of the finale? A finale, to me, is always like a celebration of the entire season. Certainly, the crossover with Flash was a high point for us. I always describe the finale -- when I'm trying to get agents to let their clients be on a finale of "Arrow" -- I always say it's like a party, and everyone is invited. That's as good a way as any to explain the reason for having Barry on the show. At the same time, his participation is not accidental. It's actually very pivotal. The whole episode couldn't happen if not for Barry. He plays a significant role.

Can you talk about the Felicity/Oliver/Ray triangle? Will there be some resolution?

I think you get a pretty definitive resolution. There's certainly a scene between Ray and Felicity. If it wasn't clear that things were over between them in episode 20, we hit the grace note on their relationship in 23.

Oliver made some tough decisions this season. How do you feel they've changed him?

The big thing for Oliver is that despite everything, he's actually started to care about people. Oliver's first inclination is always to go at it alone. This episode, in particular, teaches him that instinct hasn't served him well. It's cost him some relationships and jeopardized his life. It's true like the song says. "If people who need people are the happiest people in the world," then Oliver realizes he needs people.

Does the finale set the table for Season Four?

The finale isn't designed to set up Season Four. That said, there are a lot of elements of the finale that are being carried over to Season Four. There are certain relationship issues, and we will be teeing up Damien Darhk further in the season finale, which we've never done before, which is tee up the next year's season bad in the current season finale.

At the same time, it's a pretty conclusive end, not just to the season, but this episode could really function as a series finale, should people want it to. I hope they don't want it to.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ur-villain

- Marc Guggenheim sobre las cuestionables elecciones de Oliver y los planes de la S4 (Variety):
Marc Guggenheim sobre las cuestionables elecciones de Oliver y los planes de la S4
Por Laura Prudom 13 Mayo, 2015 | 01:01PM PT

The CW’s “Arrow” kicks off its season three finale with its titular hero (Stephen Amell) in a markedly unheroic place, married to Nyssa al Ghul (Katrina Law) and next in line to succeed her father Ra’s (Matt Nable) as the leader of the League of Assassins. Oliver seemingly left his team for dead in a cell in Nanda Parbat and set off for Starling City with Ra’s to unleash a deadly virus on the unsuspecting populace — so where does the series go from here? Variety spoke to showrunner Marc Guggenheim about the consequences of Oliver’s choices, how the finale ties into The CW’s newly announced “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” spinoff, and what we might see from season four.

Spoiler alert — you obviously haven’t killed 90% of your main characters, so what can you preview about Team Arrow’s mission in the finale?

Team Arrow’s mission starts off pretty different from Oliver’s. We’ve been seeing for the last five episodes that Oliver is acting on his own, and there are definitely gonna be some serious consequences to that, both in terms of his relationships and in terms of his emotional journey in the episode. It’s a very tricky spot that Oliver’s put himself in, and I hope the audience gets the sense that there’s a good explanation as to why Oliver placed himself in this position. Someone will basically ask him, ‘how do you expect to undo all the damage you did once all’s said and done?’ and Oliver has a pretty definitive answer to that question.

Diggle (David Ramsey) probably has more reason to mistrust Oliver than most after he kidnapped Lyla — how damaged is their relationship at this point?

It’s pretty well and truly damaged. It’s so damaged that we didn’t feel like it could be resolved in one episode, as that would minimize the very serious problems that Dig has with Oliver’s choices. We’ll be seeing the ramifications of this into season four.

Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) has been through the emotional wringer this season — where do she and Oliver stand now?

It’s not in a good situation at the start. Oliver’s married and certainly I think Felicity will have an opinion on that, and I’d say that the episode really pivots on Oliver, Felicity and Diggle, that core trinity, and everyone’s reactions are not going to be uniform. Dig is not going to say the things that Felicity’s going to say; Felicity’s not going to say the things Dig is going to say; it’s a complex situation and people will have complex reactions to it. But we’re taking head-on all the questions that the last four episodes have raised, and hopefully answering them to everyone’s satisfaction.

The episode promo reveals that Barry (Grant Gustin) also makes an appearance. How does he play into the events of the finale?

He’s pretty pivotal — one can say the whole episode doesn’t happen without his involvement. One of the tricky things about doing this shared universe of superheroes is… how do things work when you could just call up The Flash and ask him to help out? How do you maintain any level of tension or dramatic uncertainty? Hopefully that question gets answered by this episode. I think Barry’s appearance is pivotal and it’s also a lot of fun — he arrives from Central City, bringing with him that much lighter tone of “Flash,” and it’s just great fun to see Grant back on “Arrow” and back in the suit, and I think he kind of steals the show.

How does the finale tie into The CW’s newly announced “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” spinoff, particularly in regards to Ray (Brandon Routh)?

Ray definitely gets a very definitive send off in this episode. It’s really designed to be a series finale for “Arrow,” it’s not designed to be a kickoff for “Legends.” That said, Ray’s final scene gives you a pretty good indication as to where he’s headed in “Legends” as a character. So as far as Ray’s concerned, it’s sort of a soft launch into “Legends.” My hope is, it’s designed to all feel organic and all of a piece, so the send off for Ray is part and parcel with his journey of the year and I think it works within the context of this episode of “Arrow” without really having to be a lead-in to “Legends.”

Thea (Willa Holland) has evolved considerably this season and now she has Roy’s (Colton Haynes) costume — could we see her operating as more of a lone wolf given everything she’s been through, or will she want to be part of a team now she knows the stakes?

The finale gives a pretty definitive answer to that question and the finale does two important things with respect to Thea: number one, it ties a nice bow around the relationship she’s had with Malcolm [John Barrowman] all season — that’s a storyline that gets a pretty definitive end, and the finale also sets her up for the next chapter of her story. I don’t want to spoil what either one of those two things will be, but I think if you’re a fan of Thea and you’ve been watching her all season long, her evolution and relationship with Malcolm, both of those items really get checked off pretty substantially.

Laurel (Katie Cassidy) also found her purpose this season as Black Canary — where does she go from here?

We’ve seen her go through various stages of grief; we’ve seen her really come into her own as a hero; what remains for her is repairing the relationship with her father. Paul [Blackthorne] and Katie, who are always terrific together, have a pivotal scene, a very emotionally resonant scene. What I like about it is that it doesn’t put a tidy bow on everything; it’s a little messy, it’s not the usual she apologizes, he says “no way will I ever forgive you,” but at the same time, it’s not a hug and kiss at the end of it either. Their scene together — which I give all the credit to Katie and Paul for just acting the hell out of it — really feels real; it feels like both characters are having a real moment and we’re evolving their relationship. If you’ve been watching Laurel and Lance throughout the season, this should be satisfying for you.

What can you tease about the trajectory of season four — will HIVE still play a major role?

We’re kind of doing a lot more in terms of the big bad for next year than we have in previous season finales. We first heard about Damien Darhk in episode 321 and there’s a pivotal sequence that surrounds Damien Darhk in the season three finale, so that’s exciting. It feels like we’re pulling a “True Blood” or a “Sons of Anarchy” where the big bad for the following year is teed up in the season finale of this year, so that’s kind of exciting for me because that’s something we’ve never seen before.

Looking back at the season as a whole, what are you most proud of?

I think for better or for worse, I read the internet and I understand people are getting plot-twist fatigue, but personally I think we end the season with a run of episodes that were so twisty and turny and each one seemed to be more surprising than the next. I’m really proud of that. One of my litmus tests is, do we feel like we won’t be able to top it next season? And I certainly feel like we basically blew up the show and that continues on through the finale, so I’m really proud of that, because it’s something you can’t repeat — obviously you can’t blow up the show every year, so it’s exciting to me. The finale, when we finished writing it, I jokingly said I want to call it “Sticking the Landing” because there’s so many plot twists — and the thing about all the plot twists is, it’s all well and good but you’ve got to be able to explain it on the B-side, and all those questions have got to get answered, and at the same time you want it to be an entertaining episode on its own. It can’t just be 42 minutes of us reading Twitter and answering everyone’s questions, and knock on wood, I kind of feel like it’s satisfying in that regard. It answers the questions you have; it sets up new ones that hopefully people will carry into season four; it’s a very definitive ending…

People ask me, “does it end on a cliffhanger” and it really depends on your definition of a cliffhanger, because if your definition of a cliffhanger includes, “well how can they possibly continue to do this show after this episode?” then yes, this is very much a cliffhanger. [Laughs.] At the same time, it probably could function as a series finale if that’s the route we were going, but we’re at work on season four and I’m excited about what we’ve come up with.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/arrow-f ... 201495050/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes bts de la S3 (12-05-15):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@Misskatrinalaw: Season Finale. Mañana. Hope you are getting ready. @CW_Arrow #mattnable #Nyssa #rasalghul #arrow #epic See you soon!
@MissKatrinaLaw: See you all tonight!!! @CW_Arrow @MzKatieCassidy @EmilyBett #wcw #arrow #nyssa #VeiledViewers #blackcanary #felicity)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ARROW 3.23 "My Name is Oliver Queen" (season finale) Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyIMMsKIv5o

- ARROW 3.23 "My Name is Oliver Queen" (season finale) Clip #2:

http://tvline.com/2015/05/13/arrow-seas ... rel-alive/

- ARROW 3.23 "My Name is Oliver Queen" (season finale) Producer´s preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viADvCGKKls

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”