Re: "Nuevo proyecto para la CW sobre 'THE FLASH'"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash "How He Feels" Interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5nYGWLCiwc

- Nueva imagen BTS con los elencos de "The Flash" y "Arrow" (14-11-14):

Imagen

(@davidpaulramsey: Foundry Friday's)

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- On the set of The Flash: Will "SnowBarry" ever happen? (TVGuide):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcYVdpoBiNg

- Greg Finley habla sobre 'Girder' en “The Flash Is Born” (ksitetv):
Greg Finley habla sobre 'Girder' en “The Flash Is Born”
Por Craig Byrne 18 Noviembre, 2014

Star-Crossed actor Greg Finley guest stars in tonight's (November 18) episode of The Flash as Tony Woodward, a character from Barry Allen/The Flash's past who now has powers and goes by the code name of "Girder."

The episode airs on The CW at 8PM tonight, and to get us all ready for tonight's show, Finley did a phone interview with KSiteTV with some clues on what to expect. Enjoy:

KSITETV's CRAIG BYRNE: What is Tony Woodward's past with Barry Allen?

GREG FINLEY: He was his childhood bully growing up. He was probably kind of a hot shot in high school, and then after high school, he was kind of a nobody, and that obviously made him angry. He started working at the steel mill, and the big accident happened, and he turned into Girder.

Was he working at the steel mill when the particle accelerator explosion happened?

Yes. That's the research that I did, and that's what I found, and that's what the writers told me, but we don't see that in that episode.

In what ways is Girder a formidable foe for The Flash?

He's just a beast, man. Of course, he turns into solid steel, and he's basically just an animal. I mean, he's so angry, and he hates The Flash, and he wants to be the guy that everyone's talking about. He wants to be - not necessarily a hero, but I think he wants to be famous or infamous, and with that strength and that anger, it turns out to be a pretty fun fight.

What was your reaction upon seeing the finished visual effects for Girder?

So happy. When I first saw it on the preview, I was hyped, man. I just can't wait to see it. He looks pretty cool. I was happy with what they did with it, for sure.

How familiar were you with the Girder character before getting the role?

I was completely unfamiliar. I was a comic book fan as a kid, and I was really into DC and Marvel. I loved Batman, and X-Men, and all of it, but I used to collect the comics, and I used to collect the Marvel and DC comic book baseball cards, and I was hoping I would have a Girder card from back in the day, but then I found out that Girder became a character in 2001. So, obviously, I wouldn't have that card, because I was collecting as a kid. I was kind of bummed about that, because that would have been full circle, pretty funny; but I had no clue who the heck Girder was.

Did anyone buy you a copy of Flash: Iron Heights once you got the role?

They did, but I also did a bunch of research, and read up on him, and found it for myself.

Beyond Grant Gustin, who else did you get to work with?

I worked with Candice [Patton], which was awesome. A lot of my stuff was with her, and I'm just manhandling her in the hallways, as you probably saw in the photos, and she was great. She's so talented, and very fun to work with.

The whole team was great.

Does acting opposite a guy in a Flash costume help get you to get in the mood of the role?

Oh, absolutely. I mean, when I first saw Grant in that costume, I kid you not… they did such a great job on the costume. It doesn't look cheesy at all. He looks so cool in that costume. I was like "Damn! I want to be the Flash!" It was definitely kind of like a fanboy moment. It's hard not to when you see him in the costume. It was really cool.

Is there a chance you might appear on the series again after this episode?

I hope. Tony's a metahuman, so you never know.

Obviously there are a lot of fans who are still mourning Star-Crossed. Do you think you'll ever revisit those characters again?

Oh, I wish, bro. Probably not. We were all pretty heartbroken when we found the news it was getting cancelled. We were a Monday night at 8:00 show, man. We were going against some big shows, and we didn't have a whole heck of a lot of promotion behind us… but the way I see it now, is it was a great one season, it was a great year of my life. I got to play a character that I loved. It was hard to say goodbye to, but chances are that we're not going to see that again.

What projects do you have coming up after this?

I'm actually working on CSI as we speak. I'm doing CSI: Las Vegas, and it's funny: It's a cool role. I'm playing a vigilante! So it's kind of ironic that we're talking about superhero stuff.

Going back to superhero stuff, if there is to be a Girder return appearance, would you like to see a costume for him?

I'm always down for a costume, but I like the sleeveless, and just turning into steel. That's pretty bad ass. I like that.

Are there any moments from your episode that really stood out for you?

There were a few. I think what you see in the preview, when he touches me, and basically his hand just cracks and I kind of just stay there and do my best Bruce Lee. [laughs] That was pretty fun. But it was all fun.

In your opinion, why should people tune in tonight?

They put a lot of work into every episode, but we put a lot of work into this one. There were some late nights, and the fight scenes, and the special effects in this episode… everybody kind of knew that this episode was a little special. You kind of know when it's going to be pretty cool, and seeing what I've seen, I think the fans are going to be very happy with this episode. I mean, "The Flash Is Born." This is the episode where The Flash is born, and even when I went in for the table read, during the table read, seeing all of the words and hearing everybody… I was just like, "Damn. This is a good episode."

Is there anything else that you'd like to say to the fans who will be reading this?

I just want to say thank you for supporting The Flash, and supporting my career. You guys will not be disappointed tonight.

http://www.ksitetv.com/interviews-2/the ... born/47394
- Jefe de The Flash Habla sobre la Llegada de Grodd y otro Crossover con Arrow (TVLine):
Jefe de The Flash Habla sobre la Llegada de Grodd y otro Crossover con Arrow
Por Vlada Gelman / 18 Noviembre 2014, 7:00 AM PST

The Flash has shown restraint when it comes to what its costumed crusader can do — but that won’t be the case for much longer, executive producer Greg Berlanti revealed to TVLine following his Film Independent panel at LACMA last Wednesday. In fact, Berlanti added, one of The Flash’s iconic powers will soon come into play in a big way.

Below, the EP also discusses the introduction of Grodd, the big confession Barry may make to Iris and upcoming tweaks to the titular hero’s costume. And on the heels of next month’s Arrow/The Flash crossover, the uber producer weighs in on the possibility of another similarly huge event.

TVLINE | Am I wrong in reading the situation as it just being a matter of time before Barry has to tell Iris either that he loves her or that he’s The Flash in order to salvage their relationship?
One hundred percent. I think that’s a fair assessment. One of those two things will be revealed soon enough.

TVLINE | You had a pretty juicy tease there at the end of the last episode about Grodd. Is that something that’s going to be more teased rather than introduced?
I wouldn’t say teased. I would say we’re going to deal with it this year. The comparison I make is a little bit to Slade the first year on Arrow in the sense of we started with the mask in the pilot and then we saw which way we were going. He was, ultimately, in the back half of that first season even more than we would ever do with Grodd this first year because… We’re going to have to get the technology right and all the stuff right to make it look and feel real. But a lot of times, we do this stuff not as a tease as much as a challenge to ourselves of, “Can we do it?” Grodd’s definitely one of those, so we hope we pull it off.

TVLINE | We saw so many different abilities with the last episode — running on water, running up a building, changing his voice. Are there other special abilities still to come?
Oh, he has tons. Definitely. We’re holding back on some big ones still. He famously can phase through things. We haven’t seen him do that yet.

TVLINE | And time travel?
That is the one that we deal with directly in the winter. We, obviously, hint at it from the pilot episode. That is a big — “theme” is the wrong word for it — but that is a big part of the DNA of who The Flash was, so we do deal with that.

TVLINE | And with his suit being destroyed by the bomb, is now the time when you’re going to evolve his costume?
We’ll keep evolving it and tweaking it as we go. I think people are waiting to see when it’s going to be a white emblem versus a red.

TVLINE | Are there any big crossovers with Arrow planned for the second half of the season?
We just started talking about that. It’s so much fun to do. They’re so hard to do. But I think they’ll be so rewarding for everybody, ultimately, that that’s our hope, for sure.

http://tvline.com/2014/11/18/the-flash- ... crossover/
- Q&A with Rick Cosnett (answers.com):
Q&A with Rick Cosnett
18 Noviembre 2014

This Fall, we'll see you in "The Flash" as Eddie Thawne, a confident detective with a secret. How excited are you to be a part of the ever-expanding DC Comics television universe?
I couldn't be happier. I feel very privileged and don't take it lightly. I am mostly excited to bring the humanity out in these characters. I hope it's gonna be fascinating to the fans to see these iconic characters brought to life in a very real and colorful way.

Did you read comics as a kid? Who was your favorite superhero?
My favorite superheroes were He-Man and She-Ra. 'By The Power Of Grey Scull!' I love how Superheroes change their personas and come into their true powers. It was like I could do that too- I always wanted to be extraordinary. I thought Skeletor was cool and scary too. I had the GI Joe's of them.

What makes this production of "The Flash" special?
The people. The whole team from the writers to producers to the actors to our incredible director of the first two episodes David Nutter will send us on this rare and brilliant trajectory. It's all about the chemistry of the ensemble and the expertise of the creative team- and with us I think it's honestly fireworks in the best possible sense.

Does "The Flash" borrow any elements from the 1990s TV show?
We are borrowing the main actor who played The Flash back then John Wesley Shipp! He is playing Barry Allen's father, Henry Allen and we are all so excited to have him and I can tell you from being on set last week he's just fantastic in this!

"The Flash" is a spin-off of "Arrow." Could we see you pop up in "Arrow" at some point in the future?
I certainly hope so and there may be a lot of crossovers. We'll have to wait and see.

Can we expect Eddie Thawne to turn into his alter ego, Professor Zoom, this season?
We can expect nothing because that's when all good surprises happen, and trust me you're gonna be on the edge of your seats!

DC launched an animated movie quite recently titled "Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox." In it, Eddie Thawne/Professor Zoom plays a very important role. Do you think we will ever see parts of that storyline in the show?
Geoff Johns the CEO of DC is at the helm of this story and so they have full reign on where it's going to go. The stuff that is coming up is wild. That's all I can say unfortunately! You'll have to watch to find out.

You've appeared on "The Vampire Diaries" as Dr. Wes Maxfield. How much love do you get from the show's diehard fans?
An overwhelming amount! I have been very lucky and TVD fans are absolutely incredible and so supportive. Very grateful to them and will always open to that fandom. It's nuts!

What's the funniest thing that has happened when you've encountered a fan?
Probably the first person who ever came up to me. He started with "I'm so sorry you probably get this ALL THE TIME..." and I didn't have the heart to say, actually you are the very first person to ever come up to me. I didn't want to smash his illusion of grandeur!

How have the special effects for "The Flash" compared to "The Vampire Diaries"?
I can say that when I came to watch both shows I was shocked at how incredible they make it all look on screen. I'm like "Wow that looks LEGIT!" I'm glad someone knows what they're doing up there! Honestly INCREDIBLE. I had goosebumps the whole way through The Flash trailer. It embellishes the heart of the story.

Eddie Thawn and Dr. Wes Maxfield are both dark characters; how do they compare?
They both have a lot of mystery about them, but they come from different places in every sense. Dr Wes was very damaged and an extremist addicted to power. Also very cerebral and not physically capable. Eddie at the moment is very together, competent and a physically able Detective. He's a reluctant hero who is also very wholesome and sexy, much to poor Barry's dismay :-)

You started out in theater and then jumped to television. What was that transition like?
It took me a while to refine my work in that way. In theater you are afforded a broader space with your character and there is a different kind of energy required. On screen your inner controls have to be a lot smaller and your characters tend to be closer to who you are in your life. Every moment has to look like real life. But the base principles are the same. I was quite shocked at how, all of a sudden, people took notice of me because of sheer exposure. Because I was suddenly on a show they had heard of on TV, I was suddenly legitimized. But the great thing about it was that it gave me confidence in myself, which is a very important thing to an actor.

Have you ever wanted to do anything besides acting?
No actually. Besides producing, directing and writing. I've always wanted to tell stories. I believe it's what I was meant to do.

You were born in Zimbabwe. How long did you live there, and do you have any thoughts on the current state of your birth country?
I left Zimbabwe in 2000. It's been very complicated politically and I just hope things start to become more democratic and that Justice and peace will begin to settle in. There are a lot of people who have suffered on all sides. I know that's a very diplomatic answer but it's too hard a question to answer quickly.

What do you do when you're not acting in nearly every CW TV show?
Stoppit. I have just been back to Zimbabwe and I love Africa. I want to make films in Africa, that's what I've always wanted to do.

Celeb crush alert! Who's your celebrity crush?
Alexandra Fuller. She's an author :-)

In an actual footrace, who would win, you or Grant Gustin?
Have you seen his long legs? Who do you think? Eddie has more strength than endurance, or at least that's what I'm going with.

What are you most looking forward to in "The Flash" this Fall?
Seeing the entire world come to life for the audience. There has been so much anticipation and I can't wait for everyone to be enraptured by Central City, this very special and old school part of the DC Universe. I hope their imaginations will catch fire, just as ours has. The Flash is a classic.

http://www.answers.com/rickcosnett

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash 1.06 "The Flash is Born" Clip 1 (HD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaC7GEOzulU

- The Flash 1.06 "The Flash is Born" Clip 2 (HD):

http://uk.eonline.com/videos/228658/mee ... -the-flash

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Portada y scans de "TVGuide Magazine" por el crossover de "The Flash" y "Arrow":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash - Chasing Lightning Trailer (The CW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FanLh-6D1pU

- The Flash - Chasing Lightning: Danielle Panabaker (The CW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di5TjrdPisE

- The Flash - Chasing Lightning: Carlos Valdes (The CW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yec-akG8z4E

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash - 1.07 "Power Outage" Extended Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vTonPNAKOM

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 1.06 "The Flash is Born". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow! The Flash! Cover shoot with Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin! (TVGuide Magazine):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INSY-l2-my0

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 1.08 "Flash vs. Arrow" (1ª parte del crossover):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Stills del 3.08 "The Brave and the Bold" (2ª parte del crossover):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash - 1.08 "The Flash Vs. Arrow" Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qak3VDGhsLA

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial completa del 1.09 “The Man In The Yellow Suit”:
1.09 “The Man In The Yellow Suit” (09/12/14): BARRY SE ENFRENTA CARA A CARA CON EL HOMBRE DEL TRAJE AMARILLO/AMANDA PAYS REGRESA A THE FLASH — Barry (Grant Gustin) se encuentra a sí mismo cara a cara con su enemigo, el hombre del traje amarillo, a.k.a. Reverse Flash, que mató a su madre. Barry se siente frustrado cuando Reverse Flash escapa, pero el Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh) y Cisco (Carlos Valdes) idean un plan para atraparle. Todo lo que necesitan es un cebo, así es que recurren a la Dra. Tina McGee (la estrella invitada Amanda Pays) de los Mercury Labs para que los ayude. Mientras tanto, es Navidad en la casa de los West e Iris (Candice Patton) está metida de lleno en la alegría de las fiestas. Barry (Grant Gustin) disfruta de la tradición anual de la tala del árbol y el intercambio de regalos con Joe (Jesse L. Martin) e Iris (Candice Patton). Él le da Iris unconmovedor regalo, pero el momento se ve interrumpido por la llegada de Eddie (Rick Cosnett) quien le da un regalo sorpresa pero también la deja con la pregunta de si eso podría cambiar su vida. Joe se une a la búsqueda del hombre de amarillo y termina metido en el fuego cruzado. Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) encuentra a Ronnie (Robbie Amell). Ralph Hemecker dirige el episodio escvrito por Todd Helbing & Aaron Helbing (#109).

http://flashtvnews.com/flash-full-descr ... suit/17866

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "THE FLASH" & "ARROW" SPECIAL SCREENING at Crest Theatre, L.A. (22-11-14) -

- Imágenes:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Videos:

Arrow - The Flash and Arrow Screening: Fans (The CW)
The Flash - ARROW VS FLASH Panel (The CW)

Q&A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdCErK2yym4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsDX9DLDfAQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_bUVR6A7Nw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dCkD-2smbw

Stephen Amell talks 'Arrow'/'The Flash' crossover (Danielle Turchiano)
Emily Bett Rickards talks 'Arrow'/'The Flash' crossover (Danielle Turchiano)
David Ramsey talks 'Arrow'/'The Flash' crossover (Danielle Turchiano)
Audrey Marie Anderson talks 'Arrow'/'The Flash' crossover (Danielle Turchiano)
Marc Guggenheim talks 'Arrow/'The Flash' crossover (Danielle Turchiano)
Andrew Kreisberg talks 'The Flash'/'Arrow' crossover (Danielle Turchiano)
Grant Gustin talks 'The Flash'/'Arrow' crossover (Danielle Turchiano)
Danielle Panabaker talks 'The Flash'/'Arrow' crossover (Danielle Turchiano)
Carlos Valdes talks 'The Flash'/'Arrow' crossover (Danielle Turchiano)

Stephen Amell Teases New Oliver Intel (TVFanatic)
David Ramsey Red Carpet Interview (TVFanatic)
Emily Bett Rickards Talks Felicity, Crossover Event (TVFanatic)
Audrey Marie Anderson Interview (TVFanatic)
Andrew Kreisberg Previews Crossover Event (TVFanatic)
Grant Gustin Previews Arrow Crossover (TVFanatic)
Danielle Panabaker Interview (TVFanatic)
Carlos Verdes Interview (TVFanatic)
Marc Guggenheim Q&A (TVFanatic)

'Arrow' & 'The Flash' Casts Tease Crossover Episode (access hollywood)
Robbie Amell: What Makes Him Look 'Ridiculous' In 'The Flash'? (access hollywood)
Grant Gustin: 'The Flash' & 'Arrow' Crossover Episodes 'Fun & Exhausting' (access hollywood)
Stephen Amell: What To Expect In 'The Flash' & 'Arrow' Crossover Episodes (access hollywood)
What Do 'Arrow' & 'The Flash' Crossover Episodes Prove To Producers? (access hollywood)
'Arrow': A Closer Look At Felicity & Ray Palmer (access hollywood)
Producers Preview 'The Flash Vs. Arrow': The Fight 'Is Pretty Brutal!' (access hollywood)
Carlos Valdes Previews 'Flash' & Arrow' Crossovers! (access hollywood)
Andrew Kreisberg: Previews 'Arrow' & 'The Flash' Mid-season finales (access hollywood)

Stephen Amell on the Arrow / The Flash Crossover (IGN)
Grant Gustin on The Flash / Arrow Crossover (IGN)
Emily Bett Rickards on the Arrow/ The Flash Crossover and Felicity's Dad (IGN)
Arrow Producer Talks Black Canary, The Atom and Ra's al Ghul (IGN)
Danielle Panabaker on the Arrow Crossover and if Caitlin Could Become Killer Frost (IGN)
Carlos Valdes on the Arrow Crossover and if Cisco Could Become Vibe (IGN)

Audrey Marie Anderson (Lyla Michaels) on the Flash/Arrow Crossover! (Ksitetv)
Emily Bett Rickards Flash & Arrow Crossover Interview (Ksitetv)
Flash: Danielle Panabaker On The Arrow Crossover & Killer Frost (Ksitetv)
Flash: Carlos Valdes On The Arrow Crossover, A Costume & More (Ksitetv)
Arrow: David Ramsey Talks Flash Crossover & More H.I.V.E. (Ksitetv)
Stephen Amell on the Flash & Arrow Crossover - Part 1 (Ksitetv)
Stephen Amell on the Flash & Arrow Crossover - Part 2 (Ksitetv)
Grant Gustin of THE FLASH - Arrow Crossover Interview (Ksitetv)

- Info:

- 5 Cosas que supimos del screening del Crossover entre 'Arrow'-'The Flash’ (The Wrap):
5 Cosas que supimos del screening del Crossover entre 'Arrow'-'The Flash’
Por Linda Ge 23 Noviembre, 2014 @ 2:18 am

“I fought the air a bit,” jokes “Arrow” star Stephen Amell of coordinating stunts with the fastest man on Earth

The shared universe between The CW superhero shows “Arrow” and “The Flash” has been teased and was inevitable since before “The Flash” even became a real show, with Barry Allen first showing up on an episode of “Arrow” last season.

But now the show is real — and a mega-hit — and so is a real crossover event, and at a special screening of the two episodes on Saturday, cast members and showrunners teased how it came together and what ramifications the episodes will have for the heroes of both shows.

“The Flash” kicks things off with Team Arrow – Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), John Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) — landing in Central City as characters from both shows team up try to track down a rage-inducing meta-human.

And as the episode is aptly titled “Flash vs Arrow,” it will pit Oliver Queen against Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) in a head-to-head superhero showdown that's been in the works for a long time.

“We're all fans, and we've all sat around debating who would win in a fight, like Batman or Superman or Wolverine,” said Andrew Kreisberg, an executive producer on both shows, during the Q&A. “So the idea that [Arrow and Flash] would fight each other in one of these episodes was one of our earliest ideas. The idea of cast members having that Comic-Con argument on camera — it was one of our earliest ideas.”

The following night, it's back to Starling City on “Arrow” episode “The Bold and the Brave,” which will feature Team Arrow getting some assistance from Barry and S.T.A.R. Labs’ Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) as Captain Boomerang (Nick Tarabay) continues to wreak havoc and puts one of their own in danger.

Below are five things to know about the big “Arrow”-”Flash” crossover event:

1. The “Doctor Who” influence.
Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti, also an executive producer on both shows, took their crossover cues from seminal, classic sci-fi shows of years past. For Berlanti, it was “The Six Million Dollar Man” and “Bionic Woman.”

For Kreisberg, it was the season 4 finale of “Doctor Who,” titled “Journey's End,” which featured appearances from spinoff shows “Torchwood” and “The Sarah Jane Adventures.”

“In that episode, you saw everybody in the TARDIS,” he said during the Q&A after the screening. “That's how I imagined seeing everybody in the cortex, or in the foundry. Just to see everybody there together is really amazing.”

2. There won't be any more crossover events for a while.
Though the “Arrow” and “Flash” universes are more linked than ever, the producers admitted that this will be the last two-parter crossover event for the rest of the season. But, there's a good reason.

“The finales that we're building towards on both these shows are so massive, it would just be impossible,” Berlanti explained and teased in one breath.

Don't expect other kinds of crossovers anytime soon either. Other big-name DC superheroes won't be visiting Starling or Central City anytime soon, despite onscreen teases about Bludhaven, a fictional city closely associated with Batman sidekick Nightwing.

“There are things we can do, and there are things we can't,” said Kreisberg. “I'm a huge fan of Nightwing. But there are cities we can use, and then there's everything else. You won't be hearing Gotham or Metropolis on the show anytime soon.”

3. More than one secret will be revealed.
As producers have been teasing, a huge secret about Oliver Queen is revealed during the “Flash” portion of the crossover. But, the final minute or so of the episode will also introduce the next phase of “The Flash” in a big way.

4. The fight scenes were something new.
Needless to say, the fight scenes featuring Amell's Arrow and Gustin's Flash are some of the biggest highlights of the crossover event. And just as fighting someone with superpowers took Oliver Queen some getting used to, Amell found himself having to adjust to doing stunts that involved special effects.

“The actual fight with Grant, which we shot over three nights, that was a different experience,” he said.

How much of the time was he fighting opposite Gustin, and how much was solo stunt work?

“I fought the air a little bit,” he joked. “But I kicked the air's ass.”

5. A surprise winner in the “Who would win in a fight?” debate.
Perhaps to be diplomatic or avoid all-out war in the divided audience, Grant and Amell both went with a surprising answer to the age-old question of which superhero would win in a fight: Diggle. The episodes pose the question to the character themselves as well, in the aforementioned fight scenes and chatter amongst the other characters, but an answer is harder to come by.

http://www.thewrap.com/cw-arrow-the-fla ... screening/
- El elenco y los creadores de 'Arrow' y 'Flash' adelantan un épico Crossover (THR):
El elenco y los creadores de 'Arrow' y 'Flash' adelantan un épico Crossover
Por Marisa Roffman 12:14 AM PST 23/11/2014

Arrow and The Flash have staged mini-crossovers during the past year — Barry, Cisco and Caitlin made their debuts in the second season of Arrow, while Felicity and Oliver have appeared in The Flash's first season. But during the Dec. 2 episode of The Flash and the Dec. 3 episode of Arrow, there will be a full-fledged crossover event between The CW's DC Comics shows.

"If there is anybody who is watching only one of the shows, [this is an opportunity] to sort of check out the other," Arrow and The Flash executive producer Andrew Kreisberg told The Hollywood Reporter on Saturday ahead of a fan-screening of the crossover episodes. "You don't always get that opportunity … but I really feel like there are so many similarities between the shows, as much as there are differences. This was such a great opportunity to give the best of everything we do on both shows: it has great Arrow stunts, it has great Flash humor and heart. We're just really excited."

Here are seven things to know about the big crossover event.

1. The Flash crossover title, The Flash vs. Arrow is quite literal.

Barry Allen (aka The Flash) and Oliver Queen (aka Arrow) have been allies up to this point, but when Barry becomes determined to prove himself to Oliver, Barry encounters a metahuman whom Flash star Grant Gustin teased "gets in Barry's head, and he gets whammied. Barry's not himself in The Flash vs. Arrow. It was really fun; I got to play a different character, essentially, who was losing his mind. Some truths come to the surface that wouldn't have otherwise, because Barry's been brainwashed, and that's the reason the fight ensues."

Arrow star Stephen Amell acknowledged that "Oliver is keenly aware of [Barry's affliction], and they're fighting, but it's more Oliver trying to get him back under control."

2. The Flash hour will deliver a very big moment for Oliver's storyline.

"There's a really big character, emotional moment for Oliver on The Flash side; [something] that we set up last season and paid off in Flash, and will pay off down the road on Arrow," Kreisberg teased.

When it works its way over to that show will be something fans will leave the crossover event wondering. "I would say, it's not picked up in the Arrow episode [of the crossover]," Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim said. "It's like the bomb underneath the table, and I think part of the fun is waiting to see when Oliver is going to learn what the audience learns on Flash. "

3. Team Flash could prove vital to helping Team Arrow with one of their biggest mysteries.

While many of the running plotlines for both shows had to be back-burnered for the crossover event, one key thing will be addressed: Sara's unsolved murder. "Felicity comes to Caitlin for help with the Canary murder," Flash star Danielle Panabaker previewed.

"There is a major step forward in the Canary mystery," Guggenheim teased. "We have the folks at S.T.A.R. Labs in Central City, and they're pretty scientific. They've got a lot of resources at their disposal, and it would be kind of a shame to not have Team Arrow lean on them a little bit to help solve this mystery."

4. Arrow's Laurel is mostly MIA in the crossover … but for a good reason.

Only Arrow characters Oliver, Felicity and Diggle head over to Central City in The Flash hour of the crossover, but Laurel — who is still reeling over the death of her sister and has started her own training — is mostly missing from the Arrow portion of the crossover, too. "Laurel appears in the Arrow episode," Kreisberg said. "She's not as present in these episodes, but that is because we've been building up to her appearance as the Black Canary. We sort of said that Sara was the Canary, but Laurel is the Black Canary. Episodes 10, 11 and 12 are a three-part trilogy that are about her. And episode 13 I think I can spoil, is called 'Canaries.' For fans of Laurel and for fans of Katie [Cassidy], they're going to get more than their fill after the winter break."

5. Arrow's Lyla is in danger.

Diggle has a bit of a lighter turn in The Flash portion of the crossover — nearly all the castmembers present Saturday pointed to David Ramsey's portrayal of Diggle's bafflement at the metahuman powers being one of the crossover's highlights — but things get serious when it's Arrow's hour: his ex-wife/current love, Lyla, is targeted by a former ARGUS agent out for revenge. "Diggle has always been the guy to protect the people he loves, in a human playing field," Ramsey said. "So he doesn't know how to respond [now]. The Flash changes the playing field. We're going to see Diggle embrace The Flash's powers, because he's going to come to need them."

Team Arrow has already been rocked by Sara's death this season, and another person they care about being targeted hits the team hard. "It was crazy, there's been so much violence … anybody can die," Arrow star Emily Bett Rickards acknowledged. "[With life being short] it's not worth it, to be in the clouds, to be above what you're feeling."

6. Team Flash is forced to deal with the reality of how dangerous things can be.

Metahumans and super speed have desensitized Team Flash a bit to the gravity of the situations they face daily, but heading over to the Arrow's Starling City helps put things into perspective for them. "The stakes are more real than [Barry] realized," Amell noted. "Everything in this [Flash] world with metahumans and villains with corny nicknames [is lighter]. Then they come to Starling City, and they experience a life-and-death situation … so that changes things for them a little bit."

"It's actually more interesting to see Cisco accept the reality that this is not a game," Gustin said. "In Central City, our bad guys have powers, and it's easy to have that detachment from reality because I'm running around with lightning speed, and these guys have these other crazy powers, and we're stopping them and putting them in our prison, essentially. Things are just a little more real in Starling, and I think that rocks Cisco a little more. It puts things in perspective for him."

"When the characters cross over from one city to another, they become affected by the tone of that particular city," Flash star Carlos Valdes said. "Starling City has more of a darker, violent edge to it, so when Cisco, Caitlin and Barry come over to that side, there is a change that colors the tone of these characters and the story."

For her part, Caitlin is changed by the experience as well. "She does see the reality," Panabaker said. "It's a little bit easier to sit behind a computer and tell Barry to run faster, than it is when you're faced with a life-or-death situation."

7. The Arrow and The Flash teams would be up for a crossover again … but not quite yet.

It may be a little while before the two shows cross over again this thoroughly, but Guggenheim said, "We'd absolutely love to do it again. It was very hard, but very fun. And we definitely talked about it; we have ideas. I think what's great about how Greg [Berlanti], Andrew and I work is that everything always starts off with, 'Wouldn't it be cool if … ?' A lot of [those] conversations related to the shows crossing over. And what's really great is it looks like with the success of Flash and the success of Arrow, there will be plenty of opportunities coming our way. And we've got some crazy ideas. And the crazy ideas are always the most exciting ones for us."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... iew-751522?
- Productores y elenco de Arrow & Flash hablan sobre el Crossover (ksitetv):
Productores y elenco de Arrow & Flash hablan sobre el Crossover
por Craig Byrne, 23 Noviembre, 2014

It was a packed house last night at a special Los Angeles screening for the crossover episodes between The Flash and Arrow that are set to air on December 2 and December 3, respectively, on The CW.

In addition to crew members and guest stars from the shows in the audience, many of the cast and producers from the crossover did a special Q&A session after the episodes were screened. In attendance were series leads Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin; actors Emily Bett Rickards, David Ramsey, Carlos Valdes, and Danielle Panabaker; and Executive Producers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, and Marc Guggenheim.

Greg Berlanti credits "the great joy" of "building the universe of it all" was one of the first things they talked about when pitching both seasons to The CW network. "We said we know it's typical for these kind of shows to have to stand on their own, and usually they don't do the crossovers 'til later, with the spin-off and the original show, but since these are borne out of DC Comics, we felt like we owed it to ourselves, and to the fans, and to everyone, to do them sooner rather than later," Berlanti explained.

Having a crossover allowed the opportunity to solve some fan arguments, over a year before we get to solve the Superman vs. Batman debate on the big screen. As such, the show has arguments between Diggle and Felicity with Caitlin and Cisco over who would win in a fight - The Flash or The Arrow. "It was one of the earliest things that we talked about. I mean, we're all fans and we've all sat around and wondered 'who would win the fight, Superman or Batman? The Hulk or Wolverine?' So, the idea that they would fight each other in one of these episodes, was one of our earliest ideas, and that the cast members would have that Comic-Con argument on camera was [also] one of our earliest ideas," Andrew Kreisberg said.

"For my money, what I love about the crossover is that it gives you the best of both worlds. We have our cake and we eat it too. On The Flash, you actually get to see Flash vs. Arrow; and on Arrow, you actually get to see the two heroes team up. So those are the two things that, as a comic book fan, I always wanted to see. I always wanted to see them fight, but I also wanted to see them getting along and working to stop the bad guy, and we got a chance to do both," Marc Guggenheim added.

So who would win in a fight? The reaction on stage seemed unanimous. "Diggle would win," someone said, prompting a round of applause for David Ramsey.

http://www.ksitetv.com/green-arrow/arro ... over/47838
- Entrevista del Crossover THE FLASH VS. ARROW; Stephen Amell, Grant Gustin, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, y los Productores Hablan sobre el evento del Crossover de dos noches (collider):
Entrevista del Crossover THE FLASH VS. ARROW; Stephen Amell, Grant Gustin, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, y los Productores Hablan sobre el evento del Crossover de dos noches
Por Christina Radish 23 Nov 2014

The epic two-night cross-over event for The CW series The Flash and Arrow (airing December 2nd and 3rd) is not only going to be unbelievably cool for comic book fans, but it’s just fun storytelling on a grand scale. There are laughs, big action sequences, heartfelt moments and a couple of big surprises, all leading up to the sure to be jaw-dropping winter finales on December 9th and 10th.

Following a special screening of the episodes, actors Stephen Amell, Grant Gustin, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards, Danielle Panabaker and Carlos Valdes were joined by executive producers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim to talk about why they wanted to do this big cross-over so soon, making the decision to have The Flash and Arrow fight each other but also team up against someone else, what it was like to do the big Flash and Arrow fight scene, how Team Flash and Team Arrow affect each other, when we might see the next cross-over, what the actors most enjoy about working on each other’s shows, creating the impression that they actually have a lot more money than they have for what they pull off, and how they decide which villains they want to bring on each show. Check out what they had to say after the jump, and be aware that there are some spoilers.

Question: How soon into the development process of The Flash did you decide that you wanted to do a Flash vs. Arrow cross-over?

GREG BERLANTI: At the beginning of the season, we had planned it. The original thought was to try to do an episode earlier, but then as we started to hatch it, we realized how much time it was going to take. But it really was always built in on both shows, in a lot of ways.

Where did the idea originally come from?

BERLANTI: Since we’ve been doing these shows, our greatest joy about them is the universe of them all. So, when we went in to talk about both seasons, this year, with the network, we said, “It’s typical for these kinds of shows to have to stand on their own, and usually you don’t do cross-overs until later. But since these are born out of DC comics, and in the comic books, the cross-over elements are how the characters were born, so we feel like we owe it to ourselves and the fans to do this sooner rather than later.”

As comic book fans yourselves, when you were discussing this cross-over, what had to go in it?

ANDREW KREISBERG: One of the biggest things was the arguments that Dig and Felicity, and Cisco and Caitlin have about who would win in a fight. That was one of the earliest things we had talked about. We’re all fans, and we’ve all sat around, either as kids or adults, and talked about who would win a fight, Super-Man or Batman, or The Hulk or Wolverine. So, the idea that they would fight each other in one of these episodes was one of our earliest ideas, and that the cast members would have that Comic-Con argument on camera was one of our earliest ideas.

MARC GUGGENHEIM: What I love about the cross-over is that it gives you the best of both worlds. We have our cake and we eat it, too. On The Flash, you actually get to see Flash vs. Arrow. On Arrow, you actually get to see the two heroes team up. Those are the two things, as a comic book fan, that you always want to see. You want to see them fight, but you also want to see them get along and stop the bad guy. We got the chance to do both.

Stephen, you had some pretty epic fights in these two episodes. What was the preparation like for that?

STEPHEN AMELL: It wasn’t that much different than a typical episode. I worked with the same stunt team because we essentially lent part of our stunt team to The Flash, and they’ve created their own team. The actual fight with Grant, which we shot over three nights, was a different experience because of the special effects element. But, I think it turned out great.

How much were you actually fighting Grant Gustin, and how much were you fighting the air?

AMELL: I fought the air, a little bit.

GRANT GUSTIN: But, you kicked the air’s ass.

AMELL: I kicked the air’s ass!

Oliver is speaking from experience when he says that Barry and Iris don’t have a chance, but Grant, do you think that there is still some hope there?

GUSTIN: Yeah, absolutely! I keep saying that Barry doesn’t actually have love very high on his priority list right now. As much as he may think about Iris, making that happen isn’t necessarily the most important thing to him right now. But, he’ll always love her. Maybe he’ll take Oliver’s advice and maybe he won’t, but she’s the love of his life, and that’s not going to change.

What’s in store for Barry Allen and Iris West?

GUSTIN: Barry is going to be honest, in the near feature, about some things. I won’t say what that is exactly, but it’s something pretty big.

Emily and Danielle, it’s not often that you guys get to work with other females. Was that fun for you guys?

EMILY BETT RICKARDS: It was great for us. To get to work with another intelligent woman is great for Felicity.

DANIELLE PANABAKER: There’s a lot of trust. They’re both protecting these great men, so they have that in common.

Do they both have feelings for these great men?

RICKARDS: So many feelings.

David, are we going to get to see a softer side of Diggle?

DAVID RAMSEY: I don’t know about softer. That’s about as soft as he gets. The stakes are high. Diggle is working in the field, and he has a potential wife and daughter at home. I don’t know if you’ll see softer, but you’ll see him much more engaged.

Danielle, with the return of Firestorm, how will Caitlin Snow react to finding out that her fiancé, Ronnie Raymond, is still alive?

PANABAKER: She does not handle it well. She’s spent the last year grieving the loss of Ronnie, and then she thinks maybe he’s back, or maybe she lost her mind. Seeing him in a very different form is extremely challenging for her.

Team Flash is much more jovial than Team Arrow. How do you think seeing the dark side of being a superhero will affect Team Flash, moving forward?

CARLOS VALDES: One of the most fascinating things is that when one team goes to the other team, the tone of that city starts to affect them. When Barry, Caitlin and Cisco go to Starling City, it’s very clear to them that they haven’t really been taking this as seriously as they could, and they start to grapple with the stakes. These are life or death situations, and that affects their growth.

BERLANTI: One of the most rewarding parts, for me, is to see the actors cross-over to these separate shows, and how much they hold the screen in the other show. It shows how lucky we are to have amazing actors on these shows. Just because the show is a spin-off, it’s still a whole other show. And they feel like they fit in and they totally owned it, so we’re just really fortunate.

In return, will we see a lighter side of Team Arrow?

AMELL: No.

How do you think Team Flash has affected Team Arrow?

AMELL: I think it is important for us to know that other stuff is out there, like meta-humans. There is a whole team, and it’s nice to stretch beyond Starling City. But that smile that you saw on Oliver’s face lasts about four seconds in the next episode, and then it’s gone.

KREISBERG: One of the best things about reading comic books, when you’re a kid or an adult, is watching the characters cross-over. What happens in one book affects the other, and these shows are so tightly knit that it feels like one giant show. So, as many times as we can, there will be cross-overs.

How soon will it be before we get another cross-over?

BERLANTI: We’re just working on the back half of the year, and there will be other cross-overs. There won’t be a two-parter like this, in the back half of the year. Our finales, that we tend to build toward on both of these shows, are so massive that it would be impossible.

What is your favorite part of crossing over?

KREISBERG: What was fun was that we actually combined the writers’ rooms. We actually had The Flash writers in the Arrow room when we were breaking the Arrow episode, and vice versa. You pick everybody for their specialities and personalities, and then you throw two rooms together and it’s like throwing two casts together. When you look at this, you really see the results of all of those minds put together.

RAMSEY: It’s always the actors, for me. Working with them is just fun. First of all, it’s amazing that me and Stephen even get a word out because we’re just total clowns. And then, you bring the three of [The Flash cast] to the set and it’s just fun. They’re great actors. They fit because we’re working with great actors.

AMELL: The scene where Diggle sees Grant as The Flash, for the first time, you could build an entire blooper reel from that scene. If you watch it again, you’ll see me bite my lip. That was the only way that I could get through it.

KREISBERG: The first take actually got ruined. The first time he threw the fries, the entire crew burst out laughing.

GUSTIN: My very favorite moment from all of the cross-over stuff is the first time that Diggle sees Barry in the suit with powers. We had a lot of fun that morning. It was really early in the morning.

RAMSEY: It was real Coca Cola that we were using, so we were just wired.

VALDES: It’s definitely working with these actors. I had binge-watched Arrow before I was ever even a part of The Flash. So, I knew these faces, in some capacity, and then I actually got to work with them and I was like, “Oh, this is dope!” I really enjoyed that. I also really enjoyed working with the crew.

PANABAKER: It’s getting redundant, but it really is the cast. We all love each other. It’s fun to get to see each other in the trailers and high-five. It’s really special.

RICKARDS: It’s the people we work with, every day. It’s really cool.

On Arrow, you waited a long time to actually give him the name, but The Flash has gotten his name before half a season has aired. How did you come to that decision?

BERLANTI: That was really Geoff Johns. He was just like, “We’ve gotta name him soon,” so we did.

GUSTIN: You were calling Barry, The Streak.

KREISBERG: It fits in with The Flash universe. It’s funny because Arrow influences The Flash. By the time Barry became a superhero, Oliver was already calling himself The Arrow, so it was like, “Well, I need a name.”

Stephen and Grant, what is your favorite Green Arrow and Flash comic?

AMELL: For me, it’s Year One. That was largely the source material for our pilot, and it was the first Green Arrow comic that I’d read.

GUSTIN: When I got the audition, I hadn’t read many Flash comics, if any, before. I knew a lot about him, but I started reading as much as I could. I found the New 52 series pretty early on, and then stuck with that series because it seemed like that’s what we were drawing from the most. It felt the most contemporary, and I liked that.

Grant, are you going to try to keep up with Stephen Amell on social media?

GUSTIN: Stephen is fantastic at Facebook. I will probably never be able to keep up with him, but I’m trying to get better at social media, in general.

AMELL: You’re a better singer than I am.

KREISBERG: You will hear him sing in an upcoming episode of The Flash.

GUSTIN: Somebody else is going to sing with me, too.

You guys really are creating a new era for superhero television, but you have to do all of these big effects and action sequences on a TV budget. Do you keep that in mind when you plan out episodes?

GUGGENHEIM: Much to our line producers’ chagrin, on both shows, we actually don’t consider budget, at all. The first draft of the scripts really show that. And then, we go through a process and we have it down to a science where we shave and shave and shave. It’s about the illusion of creating the impression that we actually have a lot more money than we have.

KREISBERG: Part of that is also the directors that we have. That fight between Oliver and Barry, within the script, that was pretty much exactly what we wrote, and Glen Winter pulled that off in the amount of time and money that we had.

How do you guys decide on which villains you want to bring onto each show?

KREISBERG: On Arrow, it’s a little bit different because Arrow doesn’t have quite the same Rogues Gallery that The Flash does. The Flash has some of the best villains, so there are a lot more to choose from. But, Arrow does have some amazing villains. Obviously, we have Merlyn, played by John Barrowman. And we do have Brick coming on, who’s played by Vinnie Jones, and he’s amazing. That’s a trilogy, for Episodes 10, 11 and 12. It’s a giant three-parter. We pull from everything. One of the fun things of the show is that we can pull from the classic Golden Age and Silver Age villains, but then there’s a bunch of new villains. This season, we had Komodo and Cupid, and they’re more recent additions. And we have a board up in The Flash office of all of the villains that he has. Geoff Johns’ favorite thing to do in the world is to take old, silly characters and make them cool. We’ve gotten pretty adept at taking some of these characters and either Arrow-fying them or Flash-ifying them.

Will we see Killer Frost or Vibe on The Flash, any time soon?

VALDES: We can’t lie and say we haven’t talked about it. But for right now, we’re only really focusing on Caitlin and Cisco.

KREISBERG: Hopefully, we’ll have a long, successful run, and I’m sure, at some point, something like that could happen. But right now, we’re very happy with Caitlin and Cisco being Caitlin and Cisco.

PANABAKER: We’ve got our hands full.

Stephen and Grant, so who would win in a fight, Arrow or The Flash?

AMELL: Diggle would win.

http://collider.com/arrow-the-flash-cro ... nt-gustin/
- Stephen Amell habla sobre la pelea al rodar 'Flash Vs. Arrow' (accesshollywood):
Stephen Amell habla sobre la pelea al rodar 'Flash Vs. Arrow'
Por Jolie Lash 23 Noviembre, 2014 04:10 PM EDT

"Flash Vs. Arrow" is coming to The CW on December 2, and filming the episode, which features a fight between the two heroes, provided a new challenge for Stephen Amell.

The "Arrow" star had to do quite a bit of slow motion acting for the big face off against Grant Gustin's Barry Allen/The Flash, which occurs in the first episode (on "The Flash") of the two-night crossover event.

"There are a couple of different things when we're fighting in 'The Flash' world that we do that we never do on 'Arrow,'" Stephen told Access Hollywood on the black carpet at the special fan screening of the two episodes at The Crest Theatre in Westwood, Calif., on Saturday night.

"We never do slo-mo in our fights with very, very, very rare exceptions and there are a couple of instances where I'm fighting Grant, but I'm fighting a digi-double, so I'm fighting nothing," he continued. "So it's a – I'm just glad that I'm comfortable in my own skin and I once played a hooker [on 'Hung'] and was naked all the time, so nothing embarrasses me."

Stephen said he had some enjoyable moments filming the sequence, where he got to see The Arrow's former fanboy in a new light.

"It was actually fun when -- we shoot a couple of scenes where Grant really gets in my face and Oliver is just standing there and he is just a blank canvas, and Grant's flailing around and stuff like that and I loved it," Stephen said. "I thought he did really well."

http://www.accesshollywood.com/stephen- ... cle_101047?
- El elenco y equipo de ARROW y THE FLASH revelan los secretos del crossover y los villanos de la mid-season (newsarama):
El elenco y equipo de ARROW y THE FLASH revelan los secretos del crossover y los villanos de la mid-season
Por Jessica Boyer, 24 Noviembre 2014 Time: 01:00 PM ET

What do The CW’s Arrow and The Flash have in common (other than being superheroes)?

Fighting the same villains.

The CW hosted a screening of “The Flash VS. Arrow” and “The Brave and the Bold” two-episode crossover event at The Crest Theater in Westwood, Calif. Saturday evening bringing the superheroes together on-screen as full-fledged superheroes for the first time.

More than 400 people filled the theater including fans, press and the production crews for both shows. Guests were given a t-shirt with either a Team Arrow or S.T.A.R. Labs logo across the front as well as a poster from the event.

The event kicked off with Stephen Amell, who plays Oliver “Arrow” Queen, and Grant Gustin, Barry “The Flash” Allen, introducing the event. The full crossover episodes of The Flash and Arrow, which debut on The CW on December 2 and 3 respectively were screened.

After the screening, The CW hosted a Q & A between the fans and Amell, Gustin, David Ramsay (John Diggle), Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak), Danielle Panabaker (Caitlin Snow in The Flash), Carlos Valdes (Cisco Ramon), along with Executive Producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg.

After the Q & A, fans got a sneak peek of the trailers for the mid-season finales of both Arrow and The Flash. Here then is the extensive Q&A in full. Beware, there are a few spoilers, though any major spoilers from the crossover episodes have been removed.

Q: How soon in the development process on the spin off did you know that you wanted to do a crossover of The Flash versus Arrow?

Kreisberg: I think at the beginning of the season we definitely knew it was planned to kind of push into those episodes. In the original episodes, there was supposed to be this sort of passion about how much time and work this would take for this to be a little bit more. We were sort of leading up in both shows in a lot of those ways for the crossover.

Q: And where did the idea of this crossover come from?

Kreisberg: Since we’ve been doing these shows, I think our greatest joy about them is the universe of it all. When we went to talk about both seasons this year, we said we know it's typical for these shows to stand on their own, usually they don’t do crossovers until later but since these are born out of DC comics and in the comic books, the crossover elements are literally how the characters are born. So, we felt like we owed it to ourselves the fans and everyone to do this crossover.

Q: As comic book fans yourselves, when you were discussing this crossover, what elements had to go into it?

Berlanti: I think one of the biggest things was the argument that Diggle, Felicity, Cisco, and Caitlin have to have a stand in the fight. We're all fans and we’ve all sat around as kids and adults and asked who would win in fight, Superman or Batman? The idea that they would fight each other in one of these episodes was one of our earlier ideas and that the cast members would have that (competition) on camera was one of our earliest ideas.

Guggenheim: What I love about the crossover is that it gives you the best of both worlds. On Flash, you actually get to see Flash versus Arrow and on Arrow you see the two heroes team up. So these are things as a comic fan, you want to see them both get along and you want to see them fight and get along and work things out and you got a chance to do both.

Q:You had some pretty (big) fights between these two episodes. What was the preparation like for that?

Amell: It wasn’t that much different than the typical episode. I worked with the same stunt team because we essentially lent our stunt team to Flash and since then, they have created their own team. But the actual fight with Grant, which we shot over three nights that was a different experience because of the special effects element, I think it turned out great.

Q: How much were you actually fighting and how much were you fighting with the air?

Amell: I fought the air a little bit.

Gustin: But he kicked the air’s ass.

Q: This episode also had a lot of hearts aching when Olver says Iris and Barry don’t have a chance. Do you think Barry still has some hope?

Gustin: Yeah absolutely. I keep saying that Barry doesn’t actually have love very high on his priority list right now, as much as he may think about Iris. Making that happen isn’t necessarily the most important thing right now, He’ll always love her and I don’t think just because he’ll take advice from Arrow but may not follow through it. She’s still an important part of his life and that’s not going to change anything.

Q: Their relationship is a little tenuous at the end of this episode with The Flash and Iris so what’s the solution to that and can you tease what’s coming up?

Gustin: Barry is going to be honest in the near future about some things. I won’t say what that is exactly.

Q: It’s not often that you guys get to work with other females in S.T.A.R. labs, or what are we calling it, the Arrow Cave? Was that fun for you guys?

Rickards: It was great for us.

Panabaker: I think for both characters it was nice to have another intelligent woman and someone who knew what she was dealing with.

Q: A lot of times you are both protecting these great men. How was that and do they both have feelings for these men?

Rickards: So many feelings

Q: After developments in the episodes, will get to see a bit of a softer side form Diggle?

Ramsay: Ummm, that was the softer side. The stakes are high and Diggle is working in the field, is much more engaged a lot more fights and he has a potential wife and daughter at home. I don’t know if it’ll be softer. He has a lot more responsibilities.

Q: It’s very apparent in this episode that The Flash team is jovial but how do you think seeing the darker side of being a superhero team will affect Team Flash as we move forward?

Valdes: I think in the screening just now, I think one of the most fascinating things when members of one team go to another team, the tone starts to affect them. When Barry, Caitlin and Cisco go to another city, it becomes very clear to them that they have not been taking this as seriously as they could and they sort of grapple with the states of this situation and so that’s kind of something that affects their growth.

Kreisberg: One of the most important parts for me was to see the actors cross over to other shows… It shows how lucky we are to have such amazing actors on the shows and what superstars they are. So just because show is spin off , it’s a whole other show. They totally owned it

Q: And also (in The Flash) you have the introduction of Ronnie. Danielle, (we have) to imagine that Caitlin suffered dearly. Did she have an interesting reaction to her fiancé returning?

Panabaker: She does not handle it well. You know, she spent the last year grieving the loss of Ronnie, and then he’s back, she thinks she lost her mind. Ya know, seeing him in a very different form is extremely challenging for her.

Q: For our Arrow people, obviously we’re talking about it being hard for The Flash team having (Starling City) being a little bit darker for them to see. What about for team Arrow getting a lighter side. Do we see a lighter side to team Arrow?

Amell: No.

Q: How do you think they have affected you guys though?

Ramsay:Arrow the musical?

Amell: I think it is important for us to know that there is other stuff out there such as meta humans and that there is a whole team. It’s nice to stretch beyond Starling City but that smile that you saw on Oliver’s face, lasts about four seconds in the next episode and then it’s gone.

Rickards: We hate you guys. We don’t have your technology, your superpowers.

Amell: Easy.

Q: Will we see gadgets from S.T.A.R. Labs coming over to to the (the Arrow)?

Berlanti: There are big S.T.A.R. Labs inventions coming Arrow’s way. One of the best things about reading comics books as a kid is watching the heroes crossover and what happens in one books affects the others. These shows are so tightly knit, it does sort of feel like one giant show sort of happening so it makes things like crossovers necessary.

Q: How soon are we gonna get more crossovers?

Kreisberg: There won’t be a two-parter like this in the back half of the season.

Q: What has been your favorite part of the crossover? With a scene or behind the scenes moment on set or in the writers room?

Berlanti: We actually had combined the writers rooms. We had The Flash writers in the Arrow rooms and vise versa. In the writers room, you pick everybody for their specialities and their personalities and then you throw two rooms together, just like throwing two casts together, which meshed nicely, too. And then you can look at this and really see the results of all of those lines.

Ramsay: Just being on set with our three new recruits is honestly a great thing and just working with, first of all… honestly it’s amazing that me and Stephen even get a word out because they're always just talking.

Amell: The scene where David sees The Flash for the first time. You could make an entire blooper reel. I don’t know how. If you watch it again, you will see me bite my lip because that was the only way I could get through. I swear to God.

Gustin: Actually my very favorite moment is when David sees Barry arrive in his suit and we had a lot of fun that night, that morning.

Ramsay: It was real Coca Cola in our cups so we were just wired. I looked at Andrew and said “Is it too big?” (about the cup) He said “Go bigger, can’t go too big on Flash and I was like OK.

Valdes: I binge watched Arrow before I was actually a part of The Flash so I knew these faces in some capacity and then I actually got to work with them and I was like “Ahhh!!” I really enjoy working with crew on pilot.

Panabaker: I mean it really was the cast, that’s the great thing about that. We all love each other, it was so fun to see Colton (Haynes). It’s fun to get to see each other in the trailers and high five and that sort of thing. *gives Amell high five*

Rickards: It’s really great to come to work everyday and get to enjoy what you're doing.

Q: I was kind of surprised, with Arrow, it sort of didn’t take long to give him the name. First we had the Hood, the Vigilante and all that. The Flash has got his name and there were all these episodes aired.

Kreisberg: One of our producers who is not here tonight was saying, “We got to name him soon, we got to name him soon” and so we did.

Berlanti: We were calling Barry the streak and also it fits in with the Flash’s universe. if anything its funny because at the time Barry became a superhero, Oliver was already calling himself the Arrow so Barry was like, “well I need a name.”

Q: Is there anything that inspired you for the crossover?

Kreisberg: I was a fan of the Six Million Dollar Man. It was nice being part of a crossover show minus the Sasquatch.

Berlanti:Doctor Who. You saw everybody in the TARDIS so to see everybody there together was amazing.

Fan Questions

Q: What is your guys’ favorite Green Arrow or Flash comic?

Amell: Year One. I know that was largely the source material for our pilot.

Gustin: When I got the audition, I hadn’t read many Flash comics but I knew a lot about them so I started reading as much as I could. I found the New 52 series pretty early on and then stuck with that series just because it seemed like that whats we were drawing from the most and it felt the most contemporary. I like that series.

Q: For someone who is going through a breakup, I just spent the last two hours smiling so thank you. I follow Stephen on Facebook and I know he’s really active, did you have to go through any training to keep up with this man?

Gustin: No, no. I have not gone through training and I will not be going through any training. Stephen is fantastic at Facebook and I will probably never be able to keep up with him but I’m trying to be better with social media in general.

Amell: You’re a better singer than I am.

Q: Can we hear you sing?

Berlanti: You will hear him sing in an upcoming episode of Flash.

Gustin: Someone else is going to sing with me.

Q: Can you give us any information about future guest stars, are there any casting updates you can give us?

Berlanti: Victor Garber will play Martin Stein, who is the other half of Firestorm and

Andy Mientus will play Pied Piper.

Q: On a television budget, you guys are doing feature film effects and everything. Is that something you take into consideration. Do you think budget? I know you have to but are you thinking big budget, small, having to cut corners, how does that process work for you?

Guggenheim: On Arrow and Flash, we don’t consider budget. We go through a process and sort of have it down to a little bit of a science. We shave and we shave and we shave, shave, shave, but it’s creating the illusion that we have a lot more money than we actually have. Glen Winter directed the first part of The Flash episode and honestly, the fight between Barry and Arrow in the script, that was pretty much exactly what we wrote and Glen pulled it off in the amount of time and money that we had.

Q: Being a long time fan of the comics, do you put a lot of thought about what villains you guys are bringing and where they fit?

Berlanti: On Arrow it’s different. Arrow doesn’t have the villain gallery that The Flash does and The Flash has some of the best villains so there is a lot more to choose from. Arrow does have some amazing villains, obviously Merlyn. We sort of pull from everything and that’s one of the fun things about the show. You can pull from classic golden age and silver age villains but there’s also a whole bunch of new villains.

Q: I never thought I’d see Rainbow Raider. What's another obscure villain that you would want to bring on?

Berlanti: We have a board up in The Flash office with all the villains and some of them they sound so silly. Rainbow Raider is one of them and Geoff Johns, it’s his favorite thing to do in the world is to take old silly characters and make them sound cool and I think we kind of did that with Rainbow Raider. I mean if you see the costume he has on in the comic, It’s very silly.

Q: Are you guys thinking of introducing the Batman family in either of these shows?

Guggenheim: Obviously there is Batman in the movies and now theres Gotham. DC are amazing partners.

Berlanti: There are things we can do and things we can’t. I’m a huge fan of Nightwing so there’s like the cities we can use and theres anything else. I don’t think you’ll be hearing Gotham or Metropolis anytime soon.

Q: What was it like to be in the crossover?

Rickards: It’s an honor to play a character who’s strong and I love and adore being with these two guys. Working with you guys has been great. It’s an honor and it’s really fun. I was sort of naive going over (to The Flash set) the first time thinking it was going to be the same but in reality, Felicity is the only thing the same. It was a really great time for me and for her, she had a great time. She got caught on fire but it got better.

Q: When is the Reverse Flash going to come in? We have a Thawne already in detective...

Berlanti: We’re actually going to show you guys some teaser trailers for the mid-season finales of both shows.

Q: I love the F*** Cancer thing on Facebook and I think it really has the power to do something. What was the inspiration for you sharing that?

Amell: My mom’s a breast cancer survivor. She survived twice, 25 years apart and she and I were hanging out in Toronto, right after we wrapped up the pilot of Arrow and she was going through chemo and we were having a beer and were decided to give the finger to the camera as an f-you to cancer and little did I know, there was a charity called F*** Cancer. Then the founder of that charity got into touch with the people at Arrow and we did a t-shirt campaign and never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be as successful and far reaching as it’s been. Anyone wearing a t-shirt right now stand up. (About ten stood up.)

Q:Felicity, are you single?

Rickards: Yes

(fan walks away)

Ramsay: That was your moment!

Rickards: I don't think it’s gonna work out for me.

Q: My question is, Arrow - now that they're working with The Flash team, will they ever start nicknaming villains?

Amell: Well, Barry has a pretty good comeback with that one about the Captain Boomerang, the Huntress, but that’s a Flash thing I think.

Q: Are you guys going to be showing Killer Frost or Vibe any time soon?

Valdes: We can’t lie and say we haven’t talked about it. For right now, I think we’re only really focusing on…

Berlanti: Hopefully, we’ll have a long successful run but for right now, we’re happy with Caitlin and Cisco being Caitlin and Cisco.

Panabaker: We’ve got our hands full.

Q: Who do you think, between Stephen and Grant, ultimately who would win Arrow or Flash?

Amell: Diggle would win.

After the Q&A, the exclusive, two mid-season finale trailers revealed the two main villains for this season.

Ra’s Al Ghul will be the main villain for the Arrow mid-season finale, while viewers finally get to meet “the flash” (see: earlier question about Reverse) that killed Allen’s mom in The Flash.

http://www.newsarama.com/22810-arrow-an ... lains.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevos pósters promocionales de la S1:

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Guggenheim dice que el Crossover de "Flash" Cambió su mente sobre los superpoderes en "Arrow" (CBR):
Guggenheim dice que el Crossover de "Flash" Cambió su mente sobre los superpoderes en "Arrow"
Por Albert Ching 24 Nov 2014

Earlier this fall at the start of "Arrow" season three, series executive producer Marc Guggenheim stated that with "The Flash" now on air, the more senior show would return to more grounded -- read, less-superpowered -- territory. With the two-part "The Flash"/"Arrow" crossover scheduled to air next week, Guggenheim told CBR News that the experience of working on those episodes have changed his mind.

"What's fun about episode 8 for 'Arrow' is it proved to me, as a writer and a producer, hey, you know what? You can do metahumans on 'Arrow' without feeling like the show is changing its tone too much," Guggenheim told CBR this past weekend at a screening of the two episodes in Los Angeles, adding that viewers may see more metahumans on the series following the crossover. "It's something that we all sort of collectively realized -- hey, the show can handle that. So that's kind of cool. I might have to amend my earlier comment from the beginning of the year, just because this kind of works."

In late September on CBR Executive Producer Jonah Weiland's talk radio show, Guggenheim said, "We're not really planning on revisiting superpowers or enhanced abilities during season three. We are really returning to the show's roots of a very grounded world where it's very realistic. We may take occasional artistic license with things, but for the most part, everything is pretty well and truly grounded in real-life things and real-life science." Then at a press screening of the "Arrow" third season premiere in early October, Brandon Routh) would be seen utilizing the Atom's shrinking powers by stating, "With 'The Flash' in existence, there's no real compelling reason for us to do superpowers on 'Arrow,' because we can bring characters to 'Flash' to have superpowers."

Superpowers were a major presence in the second season of "Arrow," due to the presence of Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett) and his similarly Mirakuru-fueled army of super-soldiers. Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) was first introduced in "Arrow" season two, but wasn't seen using his super-speed on screen until the series premiere of "The Flash."

"The Flash" and "Arrow" crossover starts with "Flash" episode "Flash vs. Arrow," scheduled to air Tuesday, Dec. 2 on The CW; and concludes on Wednesday, Dec. 3 with "Arrow" episode "The Brave and the Bold." For Guggenheim -- a lifelong comic book fan and frequent comics writer -- the opportunity to bring the richly held tradition of the superhero crossover to the small screen was a unique pleasure.

"The 10-year-old boy in me is pinching himself," Guggenheim said to CBR. "I still can't quite wrap my brain around the enormity of that. I grew up reading comics like 'Marvel Two-in-One,' 'Marvel Team-Up,' 'Brave and the Bold' and 'DC Comics Presents.' I always loved those team-up books. I always liked seeing different characters connect with each other. On television, my favorite shows growing up were 'Bionic Woman' and 'Six Million Dollar Man,' and my favorite episodes that they would do were the crossovers. The opportunity to do a superhero crossover on television -- it checks off so many fanboy boxes for me that I don't even know really how to process it all."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=57315
- Villano de 'The Flash' adelanta su "Monstruoso" personaje: él es "Un Vampiro Eléctrico" (THR):
Villano de 'The Flash' adelanta su "Monstruoso" personaje: él es "Un Vampiro Eléctrico"
Por Aaron Couch 10:00 AM PST 25/11/2014

The character makes his debut Tuesday when he targets Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh) for the death of his friend (Jacky Lai), whom we meet briefly in the episode and who is killed the same night Barry (Grant Gustin) got his powers. What makes his villain a little different is you get to see him as a happy young man before the accident that gave him his powers.

"You don't just meet the monster, you meet the man as well," Reventar tells The Holllywood Reporter.

THR caught up with Reventar to discuss his character's crazy powers and why he believes the cast and crew of The Flash are among the tightest knit groups on television.

"You don't just meet the monster, you meet the man as well," Reventar tells The Holllywood Reporter.
Read the full conversation below, where he reveals his characters' crazy powers and why he believes the cast and crew of The Flash are among the tightest knit groups on television.

What was it like for you to step into the world of The Flash?

To play a character that is considered the strongest source of electricity on earth, who is deemed an electrical vampire — he is cursed with the urge to drink. He cannot stop. He has to keep drinking electricity. What's cool is that's how he's introduced. STAR Labs finds out an electrical substation is being drained drastically fast. The Flash shows up, and you see blackout drinking from the station. It's going to look amazing.

So you can feel sort of bad for him if he's cursed in a way.

He's introduced as this carefree young man who wants to see the particle accelerator. Like any wise young, youth, he climes 65 feet up a tower to see that in the rain and when the accelerator explodes, he ends up being hit by lightening. In that accident, his friend actually passes away. That's his motivation for him to go and find Dr. Harrison Wells. He's got a personal vendetta against Wells. He's trying to enact revenge. He shows up literally a year later.

The villains in this show are key to the episode. What did it feel like knowing you'd define the episode in some ways?

I've watched up to this point, and I feel fortunate that for this metahuman, they explore his personal story. They show him before. You don't just meet the monster, you meet the man as well.

What is the set of The Flash like compared to other sets you've been on?

The dynamic is amazing. I feel they should be arranging set tours to bring in fans by the busload. There is something that is authentic and wonderful when you are around people who are working who treat each other like family. I called Jesse Martin (Joe West) on the weekend. Guess where he was on a Sunday afternoon? He was cooking brunch with the whole cast. It's a family.

How will you be watching the episode?

I have some great friends and family that came together, and we are going to have about 400 people in one of the nicest venues in downtown Toronto. It's a red carpet event with surprises and giveaways. It's going to be covered with social media. One of the biggest comic book stores is a part of it, and they are bringing die-hard comic book fans to watch it. These are the real fans that are going to be get to be part of this.

Do you think you'll be back?

This is a testament to the writers. They've had this amazing ability to close the chapter on most of the metahumans, but as far as what happens with the story, we'll see what happens.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ter-752132?
- Barry se enfrentará a Reverse Flash – ¡¿pero quién es él?! (EW):
Barry se enfrentará a Reverse Flash – ¡¿pero quién es él?!
Por Natalie Abrams Nov 25, 2014 at 3:18PM

Even before the debut of The Flash, diehard fans had a pretty good idea about the show’s future uber villain. During Barry Allen’s (Grant Gustin) initial introduction on Arrow last season, the forensic scientist shared the tale of witnessing his mother being murdered by a blurry figure, a clear nod to DC Comics villain Professor Zoom, otherwise known as the Reverse Flash.

What’s more, when the spin-off began filling out its cast, Rick Cosnett was tapped to play Eddie Thawne, seemingly a play on the name Eobard Thawne, the alter-ego of Professor Zoom. If the producers hadn’t quite hit the nail on the head, the upcoming Dec. 9 episode is titled “The Man in the Yellow Suit.” In other words, we’ll finally see the Reverse Flash in the flesh, not just as a blur from Barry’s memory or a flash of yellow light threatening Joe (Jesse L. Martin) to drop the case or suffer the consequences.

“We’re building towards a confrontation between Barry and the Reverse Flash,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells EW.

However, it sounds like viewers won’t find out Reverse Flash’s identity anytime soon. “Barry will actually get to come face to face with him, not just running with him, but standing face to face with him, looking at him,” Gustin says. “He’s vibrating, so he doesn’t know who he is. We don’t see his face. No characters see his face and the audience doesn’t necessarily see his face either, but Barry gets to hear him say that he killed his mom.”

So, who is the man behind the mask? Cosnett, the (too?) obvious choice, does his best to avoid answering any questions that may incriminate him. “The thing about this show is we always want people to be surprised,” he says. “We just don’t want any plotlines getting out before the episode comes out.” So, has it been hard for the actor with the mounting pressure of fan expectations? “Not really,” he adds. “It’s exciting. When a character has such a history, you get to bring all this reality to it and all these layers. I just wanted to make him a human being, first and foremost. Then, from there, it’s fascinating to see how that progresses.”

Though Cosnett has seemingly been trained well, Gustin is quick to point out that the producers may have some tricks up their sleeves. “I didn’t even remotely see coming what Andrew Kreisberg told me is going to be one of the turning points with that storyline,” Gustin says. “I’ve heard so many theories surrounding Reverse Flash that are all interesting. I was like, ‘Oh, I know what’s going on,’ but literally no one knows what’s going on. Anyone who thinks they know what’s going on is wrong. I’m in the in and I thought I knew, but Andrew told me and I was like, ‘Holy crap.'”

“I like to think that we’ve done a good job on both shows of meeting fans’ expectations and subverting them,” Kreisberg says. “The show has to appeal to everybody. It can’t just appeal to comic fans and it can’t ignore them either. We’re always treading this fine line of trying to bring something new, honoring what’s always been done and turning it into this brand new thing.”

Suffice it to say, confirming the horrible truth that this villain did, in fact, kill his mother will cause Barry to lose “his mind a little bit,” Gustin says. “Following that, we have a huge fight that we shot in the football stadium in Vancouver. That was huge.”

But Barry won’t be alone in this fight. “Episode 9 is really cool because it’s everybody coming together to help,” Kreisberg says. “Cisco [Carlos Valdes] and Wells [Tom Cavanagh] devise a trap to bait the Reverse Flash and they enlist the help of Tina McGee, played by Amanda Pays from the original Flash show. It becomes an interesting new combination of characters.”

“It’s fun when you finally see our team confronting the Reverse Flash and seeing everybody’s reactions, because he is the devil, in a way, to the show,” Kreisberg continues. “When you finally see everybody confront him, it’s really scary. It’s certainly the scariest thing we’ve done on the show. Our tone note to Tom, Jesse and Grant was to pretend you were in the room with the alien from Alien. You should all be that scared.”

But allowing everyone in on the action also means they’re all in the line of fire. “Reverse Flash, in terms of his powers, has such a potency about him,” Valdes says. “The magnitude of these powers is so hazardous and so dangerous that it’s a real threat for these characters.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/25/flash ... -spoilers/
- Entrevista con Michael Reventar de "The Flash" (Ksitetv):
Entrevista con Michael Reventar de "The Flash"
Por Craig Byrne, 25 Noviembre, 2014

A new episode of The Flash airs tonight at 8PM (ET) on The CW, and in anticipation of that, we spoke with Michael Reventar, who plays one of two villains to appear in tonight's episode, which is called "Power Outage."

Reventar plays Farooq, also known as "Blackout" in the Flash comics. The character first appeared in DC Comics' event Flashpoint.

Our questions to Mr. Reventar are presented in bold while his answers are not. Enjoy:

KSITETV's CRAIG BYRNE: What metahuman abilities does your character have?

MICHAEL REVENTAR: He's got the ability to siphon electricity, harness it, and throw it. What's interesting about that he's called an "electrical vampire." They say that in the episode. He's basically cursed with the urge to "drink" electricity, and we see that play out, because it's not that he relishes in this power. He has no other choice but to drink and seek out electricity, and that's the thing. The Flash is a source of electricity himself, with energy because of the speed. In [doing] that, he drains him of his speed.

So when the Flash goes even faster, that would theoretically bring even more power to Blackout, is that correct?

Absolutely. It gets to the point where he "drinks" from him, he takes in so much that Blackout actually has to stop.

Do they reveal anything about Farooq's background before we see him in Central City?

Yeah, that's what's kind of unique with this metahuman. We get to see who he is before, and not spoken of by STAR Labs, but they actually show it. He starts off as kind of a carefree, fun-loving young man who wants to see the particle accelerator turned on. He's with some friends, and he climbs up a transmission tower to see it during the storm. He gets hit by lighting, his friends die in the process, and a year later, after coming out of a coma, he comes looking for Dr. Harrison Wells because he learns that that's the man responsible for the accelerator explosion, and therefore, the death of his friends.

Do you think your character has any good intentions?

I'd have to say that his judgement's clouded. What's unique about him is he is a full-out monster. He definitely gets a reaction. I was told that he looks even crazier in the episode. He's literally just seeing red, trying to beeline for Dr. Harrison Wells. He's not even thinking about what he's doing. But, there's a really cool thing that happens where an unexpected character extends an olive branch to Blackout in a way, and says "I know that you can't control this. Let me help you."

One of your earliest credits was an episode of Alphas. Do you feel you're coming full circle, now playing a character with powers of your own?

Absolutely. That was what was kind of amazing about Alphas - it was every day people with these supernatural powers. The fascinating thing that we have about these universes, is the supernatural "what if I could? What if I did?" That's what I loved about Alphas.

So to see it now come full circle and be part of this world, I mean, I've always dreamed of it. I've always loved it. I'm an artist, and I always drew it. And to play it, and to see it come alive, literally, I could not stop thinking about it. And that's the truth.

You just mentioned having been an artist. Did you ever find yourself drawing The Flash?

No! You know why? I was always drawing anything dark. This is why it was perfect for me to play Blackout, because I was always drawing the dark, but it would have to be for good reasons. That's why I love Batman. I drew Batman thousands of times. I even drew Batman playing basketball one time. But just that dichotomy.

What was it that excited you about playing a character like Blackout?

I love these characters because they're so superhuman - metahumans, but there's so much humanity to them. And that's what I loved about playing Blackout. He is a monster, but I never closed him in. The man that was in there, why he was doing what he was doing, and the hurt he had… I'm excited to see how that plays out in the show.

Once you got the role, did you pick up the Flashpoint comics that he was featured in?

Yeah, I actually did! I have some friends buy some for me. I went to Silver Snail Comics. I was introduced to the owner there, George Zotti, and he told me about him, and he even has some stuff that he's been giving me. Actually, 400 of us are getting together to watch the episode live. The comic book store is bringing about 200 of them personally. So we'll have real fanboys going nuts. It's going to be like a playoff game, as we watch it. We're going to have a whole lot of fun.

Is there a chance we'll be seeing you coming back for a return appearance?

Right now, the truth is, I don't know. If you ask me? I know exactly how he needs to come back, and what needs to happen. But the writers have been amazing at closing the chapter but not ending the story. Anything can happen now.

Why should people be tuning in tonight?

The Flash is the only show on television you can watch with your whole family. It doesn't matter if you're 8 or 80. That's the best thing about being on it, is that I've met people, and they watch it as a family, just as Greg Berlanti wanted.

http://www.ksitetv.com/interviews-2/pow ... ntar/48421
- Michael Reventar de The Flash Habla sobre el llevar a la vida en la pantalla al personaje de Flashpoint Farooq (comicbook):
Michael Reventar de The Flash Habla sobre el llevar a la vida en la pantalla al personaje de Flashpoint Farooq
Por Russ Burlingame 25/11/2014

Tonight's episode of The Flash will see Barry squaring off against Farooq -- a character introduced by Geoff Johns during the Flashpoint event miniseries and one of a few DC characters to go by the name of Blackout.

Farooq, as played by guest star Michael Reventar, is a character who gained his powers in a kind of reflection of Barry's experience; climbing to the top of a radio tower to see the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator switched on, the lightning storm that resulted from its explosion gave him powers but killed friends who had come with him.

Now, he has electricity-based powers, but like a vampire, he must feed off of electrical energy in order to sustain himself, making Barry -- what with his seemingliy boundless speed energy -- a perfect target along Farooq's path to revenge on Harrison Wells for his friends' deaths.

This is a weird character for us comic book people; we usually know a lot more going in. Did you get a chance to talk to Geoff Johns about his intent?

No, it ended up so quick! I ended up self-taping in Toronto and within six hours of submitting it, I got the role and within forty-eight hours of that, I ended up on set. It happened in a flash, and it was perfect timing. Where I got my input was from the writer. Grainne Godfree, one of the writers, was there for the shoot and she got to see her baby getting made, and she was able to prep me.

I did my due dilligence online, and spoke to some really good fanboys who are good friends of mine and it was amazing to find somebody in the world, but that isn't so completely explored. There were no definitive attributes that I had to hold fast to and I could in a sense make him what I envisioned. They gave me that freedom on set and that's one of the reasons they might have even chosen him to introduce as a villain. You have that reference point, but I think you can grow from there.

How did you approach building the character?

It's on the page. As soon as I knew the writer was on the set, I was in her ear, asking all these questions. Why did he do that? Where did he go? He was in a coma for six months, but how did he come out of it? And she just looked at me and smiled and said, "I love that you're asking this." For me, it's just playing truth. I wanted to explore but to hold fast to the truth that we know of him.

What's amazing is the way he's introduced; Farooq is this carefree, fun-loving young man who's climbing a 65-foot transmission tower becuase he has to see the particle accelerator turned on. It's raining, and he's got two friends on the ground who are the voice of reason, they're telling him to come down and he doesn't -- and like all wise men, he stays up there after it explodes and then he ends up getting hit by lightning. His friends die and he appears almost a year later looking for Harrison Wells. He finds out, because he's been shunned in the scientific community and it's covered through the media, that Dr. Wells is responsible for this explosion, therefore he's responsible for the deaths of Farooq's friends.

I feel like up until now, the antagonists in the series have been so happy to have the power; you're the first person who feels like you really embody Wells' disgrace onscreen.

You hit it absolutely. Blackout is referred to as an "electrical vampire" and my interpretation of that is that he's cursed with the urge to drink electricity. We know that's true because later on in the episode, a character that you would not think extends an olive branch to Blackout and says, "We can help you."

He's stuck. He's in this place; he's been created and he's been born. Another cool thing with him which we haven't done with the other metahumans is that we get into his personal story and you see the man behind the monster and I think that was kind of fun. We all know what it is to not want to do something and then find ourselves still doing it. So imagine that, and your problem is that you have this rage and that you shoot electricity and you don't want to. [Laughs]

Did you talk about the nature of his powers? The comic book people, we see the ad and you're able to manipulate Barry's speed, and we wonder, is that the first sign of the speed force?

Yes [we discussed it]. I'd have to say that just like you, while filming, I was hoping and I was asking questions: Can I do this? Can I do this? Can we try this? The only limits they really gave were the ones from the limits of time and filming. Time and money. But it was a great introduction to what he can do. He is in full force, he has this crazy power and I'll tell you truthfully, when I put my head on the power, I'm still dreaming of ways to throw electricity and what he can do with it and how to control it. It's out of my mind; the possibilities are endless.

This is a character who isn't all that well-defined which frees you from some constraints; did you play him a little more sympathetic as a result?

Absolutely. That can be intimidating sometimes but for me, I loved it to get inside the character, in his mind, see what he's all about and bring it out and make him a force. The director, Larry Shaw, said he was told three words by the producers: heart, hero and spectacle. Those are the three things they wanted to capture in Episode 7. My character helps to serve the latter, the spectacle. On set, there's a lot of times we referenced Jurassic Park and that feeling of the raptors hunting them. The hunt comes close to home; it actually happens in S.T.A.R. Labs.

We've seen you with Tom. How was it playing off of him? He's the character everybody's been watching lately.

Yeah, absolutely. There's so many layers to him, it's incredible. The first thing when I got to set, the rest of the cast was telling me about Tom's performance. They said, when you're opposite him, you're going to see...there's thing that he's been doing over the last couple of episodes that they know when they watch them back, it's still going to surprise them what he reveals. You don't know it at the time, but you see it. So that's the mark of an incredible actor, how dynamic he is. He's more than two-dimensional. There's so much going on with him. If everyone's excited right now with what they're tasting, just wait until things start to really unfold.

We know that you've bounced off of Tom and Grant. Are there any other relationships you'd like to expolore with Farooq?

You know what? Right now, I'd have to say the majority of his interaction was with those two and it was so key. One was the object of his wrath and the other had the heart and the bravery to get in front of that wrath. Beyond that, we don't know but it's exciting to see how it's going to unfold.

http://comicbook.com/2014/11/25/the-fla ... haracter-/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash - 1.07 "Power Outage" Clip 1:

http://bcove.me/mxzo4dma

- The Flash - 1.07 "Power Outage" Clip 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ZejjDIlZg

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash 1.08 Promo "Flash vs. Arrow" Extended Promo (HD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nqyc_YvwFw

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”