"Nuevo proyecto para la CW sobre 'THE FLASH'"

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "Nuevo proyecto para la CW sobre 'THE FLASH'"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash Stills del 1.12 "Crazy for You":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- The Flash "Too Much Running" Trailer (1.12):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z8qmm8Trio

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Otro actor de la original serie de los '90 repetirá en su papel (Ksitetv):
Parece obvio que los productores de "The Flash" de la CW eran fans de la serie original de la CBS protagonizada por John Wesley Shipp...

Tras Amanda Pays, Mark Hamill y el propio John Wesley, KSiteTV nos informa de que otro actor de la serie clásica hará una aparición en la serie repitiendo en su papel.
Imagen
Vito D'Ambrosio interpretaba al oficial de policía Anthony "Tony" Bellows en la serie de los '90, y de nuevo aparecerá como tal en nel epsiodio 1.17 de "The Flash", que también cuenta con el resgreso de Mark Hamill como 'James Jesse/The Trickster'. Excepto que esta vez no es un policía que acaba perdiendo a 'The Flash' - sino que ahora es el Alcalde de Central City, enfrentándose otra vez a el 'James Jesse' de Hamill.

http://www.ksitetv.com/flash/flash-excl ... role/54846

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 1.14 “Fallout”:
- 1.14 “Fallout” (17/02/15): EL GENERAL EILING APUNTA A FIRESTORM — Después de que la explosión nuclear separe a Ronnie (la estrella invitada Robbie Amell) y al Dr. Stein (la estrella invitada Victor Garber), Barry (Grant Gustin) y el equipo creen que ambos hombres están a salvo. Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) está encantada por tener a su prometido de vuelta y prepara el retomar su vida juntos mientras que el Dr. Stein regresa con su mujer. Sin embargo, cuando el General Eiling (la estrella invitada Clancy Brown) apunta a Firestorm, Ronnie y el Dr. Stein deben decidir si están más seguros juntos o separados. Mientras tanto, Mason Bridge (la estrella invitada Roger Hayworth) le cuenta a Iris (Candice Patton) que hay algo secreto que está pasando en S.T.A.R. Labs y el Dr. Stein le da a Barry información importante sobre el viaje en el tiempo. Steve Surjik dirige el episodio escrito por Keto Shimizu & Ben Sokolowski (#114).

http://flashtvnews.com/flash-episode-14 ... torm/18754

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash 1.12 "Crazy for You" Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSg0ckSVjck

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Más imágenes BTS del rodaje del episodio 1.17 con "The Trickster" en Vancouver (28-01-15):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

http://blog.crazyfangirl.com/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash "Impossible" Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Ca33Yf_l8

- Nuevas imágenes BTS del 1.18 (02-02-15):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@RickCosnett: Friends @candicekp #TheFlash
@RickCosnett: @EmilyBett @grantgust #TheFlash #Flarrrow
@BrandonJRouth: Don’t worry @_CourtneyFord_ , I totally didn’t tell @grantgust u think he’s cute. Secrets safe with me. Yup. #BarRay
@BrandonJRouth: I'm also working with this guy for the first time today. No big deal. #AtomMeetsFlash #BrandonWillAlwaysBeSupermanToMe #TryingToPlayItCool)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash: Ray Palmer de Arrow va a conseguir ayuda con su traje de Atom (IGN):
The Flash: Ray Palmer de Arrow va a conseguir ayuda con su traje de Atom
Por Max Nicholson and Roth Cornet 2 Feb 2015

Recently, IGN's own Roth Cornet and a handful of other outlets spoke with The Flash executive producer Andrew Kreisberg about what fans can expect to see in the rest of Season 1. During the Q&A, the EP dropped a few hints about the upcoming Flash/Arrow crossover in which Felicity and Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) travel to Central City. He also touched on the challenges of working with The Flash and Arrow's shared universe and how Arrow is more of a soap opera...

Atom Needs a Suit Assist

Last week, we learned that Ray would be joining Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) on her next visit to Central City. But what brings the future Atom to Barry Allan's neck of the woods? "At that point Ray needs a little help with his suit, and who better than Felicity's high-tech guys at STAR Labs?" Kreisberg said. "I hadn't gotten to write much Ray this season on Arrow. I got to write him in the comic book, in the Season Zero that we wrote. I loved it. So getting to write him, he's just so much fun."

Kreisberg also noted that the episode, called "All-Star Team-Up," will feature the debut of the Bug-Eyed Bandit, a prominent Atom villain in the comics.

You've Got a Friend in Geek

When Ray and Felicity arrive at STAR Labs in episode 18, Ray also hits it off with one of Team Flash's crew. "He finds a best friend in Cisco," Kreisberg revealed. "There's even a line in the script where Felicity says, 'Ray is like Barry in Oliver's body.' [Laughs] Then she goes, 'Oh, God, did I say that out loud?' And Ray, even though he looks like Brandon Routh, he's just a big tech geek at heart. So he and Cisco quickly bond."

Meanwhile, Barry is having a tough time, much like the last time Felicity was in town. "It happens to come at a particularly bad moment for Barry, but that's partially why we did it," Kreisberg continued. "The first episode with Felicity, episode four, she came along at a time where her experience in being a part of a crime-fighting team definitely helped Barry overcome what he was facing that week. Similarly, when she comes, he's having a crisis of conscience that in some ways only somebody like she can help him through. It's a really fun episode."

The Beauty (and Headache) of Shared Universes

Spoilers for Arrow to date follow...

TV crossovers like "All-Star Team-Up" can be fun, but the shared universe aspect can also be problematic. Kreisberg explained, "Sometimes it's a real hinderance because, even in the room, we're like, 'Oh, Oliver's missing? Call Barry. Have him run all over the place until he finds him.' So when it serves us, it's absolutely great, but the more we talked about it, sort of bringing all that up on the Flash side of things -- especially given all the Flash stories and knowing that Oliver is missing -- it sort of created more problems than it was worth. Because if you address it on the show, then they seem sort of unsympathetic that they're not throwing all their STAR Labs research to finding Oliver. So sometimes discretion is the better part of valor."

He continued, "But then Ray and Felicity are coming -- and that one, actually, because the air dates changed, we're trying to square the circle on what was happening on Arrow when they come to Flash. So hopefully it won't feel too much like an evergreen episode, because we felt like it really worked the first time around... There's [also] an upcoming thing in a Flash episode, which feels like a throwaway, but it actually describes an event that happens in the flashback story this season on Arrow. We do stuff like that. For us, it's so much fun, and hopefully the audience finds it fun. Like last season, with all the mentions of the Accelerator on Arrow."

Arrow is More of a Soap Opera

That said, tonally, The Flash and Arrow are still two very different animals. Kreisberg recalled an upcoming scene on The Flash where Barry and Caitlin end up singing karaoke at a bar. "Jake Coburn, one of the Arrow co-EPs, came by, and I was watching [that scene], and he was like, 'Yeah, scenes like this are where Arrow goes to die.' [Laughs] Like characters going out for a drink or going out for fun. Whenever we try that on Arrow, it never works. We either cut it or, unfortunately, it airs. [Laughs] But it's fun with The Flash. You really can have these 'After work, everybody goes out and has a drink and a fun night.'"

Kreisberg added, "I think one of the great strengths of The Flash is just how close everyone is on the show. They tend not to have these raging conflicts the way we giving everybody on Arrow. [Laughs] That show's more of a soap opera -- and I don't say that derogatorily. I mean, I'm one-third responsible for it. [Laughs] But there we always think to ourselves, 'How can we hurt these people more?' You know, 'What's the worst thing we can do to Thea, and what's the worst thing we can do to Laurel? What's the worst thing we can do to Oliver?' That's where the drama comes from. I think part of the strength of The Flash is that the drama comes from how these people who have banded together and love each other and trust each other deal with conflicts that come their way."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/02/ ... -atom-suit?

- El episodio del viaje en el tiempo con 'The Flash' se convierte en El Día de la Marmota (EW):
El episodio del viaje en el tiempo con 'The Flash' se convierte en El Día de la Marmota
Por Natalie Abrams 2 de febrero del 2015 — 8:41 PM EST

Barry Allen will race through time during an upcoming episode of The Flash—though he may pay a price for it.

“There’s an episode coming up where there is inadvertent connection to the Speed Force that results in probably our funniest hour as well as our darkest hour as the dangers of time travel come to light,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells EW. “It’s a mashup between Back to the Future and Terminator—the good version of time travel and the bad version of time travel.”

The episode will also be influenced by the 1993 flick Groundhog’s Day, in which Bill Murray’s harried weatherman relives the same day over again until he gets his priorities straight. “It’s a complete accident the first time [he time travels],” star Grant Gustin says. “It’s really confusing because now we’re playing with timelines and we’re having to shoot things a couple different ways. It’s like a Groundhog’s Day-type element. It’s really funny and really exciting.”

Initially, Barry doesn’t understand what’s happening and he’s the only one aware of the time travel situation. “He’s not handling it incredibly well. It’s freaking him out a little bit,” Gustin says. The others will eventually figure it out, which leads to some comedy when Cisco (Carlos Valdes) has to explain what’s going on to Joe (Jesse L. Martin) in terms of time travel films.

But once Barry figures it out, he’ll decidedly use time travel to his advantage. “He realizes, ‘Holy shit, this an opportunity to change things with my family’s past,’” Gustin says. “He doesn’t know yet to maybe not do that, but that’s where Barry’s at when he realizes what he’s just learned that he can do, that he can maybe save his mom.”

With that being said, it’s been suspected since the pilot episode that Barry may have been present the night his mother was murdered by the Reverse Flash—especially considering young Barry was suddenly and mysteriously whisked away from the house. Did Barry protect his younger self from the wrath of the Reverse Flash? “That’s a good theory,” Gustin says coyly.

But Kreisberg cautions that Barry tampering with the past “has massive repercussions for the show,” he says. “After that episode, things are never going to be the same on The Flash.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/02/fl ... hogs-day-0

- John Wesley Shipp habla sobre THE FLASH ahora y entonces, y el reunirse en pantalla con Mark Hamill (collider):
John Wesley Shipp habla sobre THE FLASH ahora y entonces, y el reunirse en pantalla con Mark Hamill
Por Christina Radish 03 Feb 2015

The Flash is not only a highly entertaining, funny and fun show, but it also has some very heartfelt moments, especially when it comes to the relationship between Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) and his father, Henry (John Wesley Shipp). In Episode 12 of The CW series, called “Crazy for You,” their relationship is taken to a whole new level, after a meta-human with teleportation powers busts her boyfriend out of Iron Heights, and Henry snoops around in an attempt to help Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and Barry solve the crime, landing him in the infirmary.

During this exclusive phone interview with Collider, actor John Wesley Shipp (who played Barry Allen in the original 1990 TV version) talked about what sold him on the idea of revisiting The Flash, just how much of the season arc he’s been made aware of, how great it’s been to reunite with Mark Hamill, who played The Trickster then and now, how the next episode is a turning point for Barry and Henry, just how dangerous it is for Henry to be in Iron Heights, addressing just how much Henry knows about what his son has been up to, and how proud he is of the work they’re doing on this show. Be aware that there are some spoilers.

Collider: When you first heard about the opportunity to return to this world and play this character, did you think it was just the craziest idea, or were you immediately excited about the possibility of it?

JOHN WESLEY SHIPP: We had heard three or four times that there was going to be a movie. I was complete with what I had done with what they call the original Flash. That blows my mind. I knew that it would go one of two ways. Either they would want to make a clean break and make it all new and totally their own, or they might want to include me. I had been asked, “Would you be interested?” I said, “If there’s a character that can contribute something meaningful.” To do a cameo and do a walk-through would have had limited appeal for me. But when I was told what Geoff Johns had done to the Allen family, and that Barry’s father is wrongfully convicted of murdering his mother in front of his 10-year-old self, I was like, “This is a whole new world.” I said to a friend, “If they ask me to do it, Henry Allen is the role that I want. That’s the layered, conflicted, darker role.” And that’s the one that they called and offered me. And then, when I met Geoff Johns at the Essex House, we spun out some ideas for Barry’s driving motivation for the first season, which is to find his mother’s killer and vindicate his father’s innocence, I thought, “That’s being an integral part of the driving force of the show.” I tell people, even if I had never played Barry Allen, I would be interested in playing this incarnation of Henry Allen.

How far ahead have you been told about the arc for your character, this season? Without telling me the answer, have you been told if or when Henry might get out of prison and under what circumstances, or are you totally in the dark about that?

SHIPP: I’ll just say that the surprises keep coming. I had extensive talks with Greg [Berlanti], Andrew [Kreisberg] and Geoff, before we ever started, and they said, “These are some of our ideas.” Now, how long that arc will play out, I don’t know. I take my cue from something I read. I read an interview where Grant [Gustin] was talking about the Man in the Yellow Suit and what’s going to come of that. In the interview, they asked him, “Do you know?” He said, “Yes, I do know.” And Andrew Kreisberg turned to him and said, “No, you don’t.” Anything is possible. You can tell from the way that it’s plotted that they have a master plan, but they’re also quick enough on their feet that they can respond to audience feedback. If they’re brainstorming in the creative room, they might go, “Wait a minute, let’s go down this path.” So, yes, I know the broad outline. No, I don’t know all the twists and turns that it’s going to take. If you had asked me a month ago, I would have told you that I knew, but I’m not sure that I am certain of the timeline anymore. So, I’m right there with you. I’m looking forward to the information, as I get it.

At the same time that you probably never could have imagined that you’d be doing The Flash again, how cool is it to get to have an on-screen reunion with your old co-star Mark Hamill?

SHIPP: It’s fantastic, really. I’m in a completely different situation. I get to leave my Barry behind, and I get to play a whole new character. He gets to come in, 24 years later. We had some conversations about how that presented it’s own particular set of challenges. He was very funny and said, “Twenty four years ago, I was working the unitard. What are they gonna do? How are they gonna handle this Trickster?” But, the writing led him to commit on faith to revisiting this character. They did need an over-the-top Trickstery embodiment of what Mark did before. It would be inappropriate to do that now. So, they solved it by bringing Mark in as that character, 24 years later and in Iron Heights. It’s darker and edgier. It’s equally insane, but it’s not as physicalized. And they brought in Devon Graye, who is much younger, to add that element of The Trickster that is so important for The Trickster to work in the storyline. So, you get the best of both possible worlds. The interplay between those two characters – the pretender Trickster and James Jesse – is a fascinating one to watch.

What can you say about Episode 112, “Crazy for You,” and what we’ll see from Henry Allen?

SHIPP: What I enjoyed about this episode is that, up until now, Grant and I have had variations on a theme. We have had the penultimate moment in the episode where son comes to father. Either father is in despair and son is being strong for him, or son has let the Reverse-Flash get away from him and he’s totally broken down, and the father is strong for him. They’ve been wonderful, beautiful scenes to play, but they’re always separated by a glass partition and they’re over the phone. Now, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) has come in and let Henry know that he knows that he’s innocent, and Henry has more than one window on the world. He doesn’t process everything through Barry. So, it’s about how that affects Barry.

We also get to see Henry in league – and I can’t tell you how – with Joe. We know from the synopsis that that gets Henry in trouble, he gets roughed up, and he’s saved by The Flash. What that does is move Henry out from behind the glass and put him in the infirmary. Now, we have father and son in the same room. Metaphorically, that works because the issue that we’re dealing with is does Henry know that Barry is The Flash. If he does, would he say, “Look, kid, I know you’re The Flash?,” or would he open the door for the son to be comfortable enough to tell him. And if he does that, would Barry be comfortable enough to tell him? Those are the things we get to see, face-to-face.

What’s fun for me is that I get to be with Jesse L. Martin and Grant Gustin, not constrained to being on the phone, but actually being in the room physically with them. At one point, Grant is sitting on my hospital bed. It adds more dimension, certainly, to Henry and the possibilities of how Henry might be involved, going forward. And it emphasizes the dangers of Henry Allen. Even if they don’t know that Henry is the father of The Flash, they know he’s the father of someone who works in the police department. What is the danger of Henry being in Iron Heights with a son that works in the police department? And as more and more people find out that he’s The Flash, what particular dangers does that present for Henry? It ups the stakes.

Knowing that there’s a meta-human that can break someone out of prison, do you think Henry is even the slightest bit tempted to have someone like that help him, or does he want to get out of prison the honest way?

SHIPP: Every time I want to keep giving Henry a little bit more of an edge – which I really wanted to play with in The Trickster episode – Kreisberg gently reminds me that Henry is, at heart, essentially a very good man. His main concern is the drag that he’s putting on Barry’s life. Would he ever allow Barry to do something like that to get him out, knowing what the consequences might be? I doubt it. When you’ve been in a place that’s the hell hole that we know Iron Heights is, and you know that it strikes fear into the hearts of everyone who hears that name, after being in there for 14 years, after being a very successful heart surgeon, Henry Allen has learned to live in the moment, day by day. What we get tomorrow night is an expansion of his world.

If Henry knew the extent of what his son has been up to, do you think he would be proud, mad or worried about him?

SHIPP: You know what? That is exactly the question that we want you to be asking. You just made my heart very happy. That goes to the heart of what we will address, in the next episode, in my final scene with Barry, in a very moving way and in a way that surprised me when I read it. I thought, “God, these writers are smart!” When I’m reading a script for the first time and it catches me by surprise, that’s some good writing. The question you just addressed is in my final scene with Barry, in the next episode.

What would you say the coolest thing is about getting to be a part of The Flash again, at this point? Is it just cool to be a part of the DC universe, at a time when comic book movies and TV shows are really more popular than ever?

SHIPP: After getting to know Grant, and being such an admirer of his work and of his talent, at such a young age, and also just what a fine young man he is, I said to friends, “What I hope for him is that he gets the commercial success with this character that we just missed.” We got an enormous amount of critical acclaim and success. I’m very proud of what we did in 1990. We did not step into an audience that was ready-made, at the mass level, that there is for comic books today. We just barely missed it in 1990. It’s gratifying to me, and it also helps me swell with pride and play the role of Henry Allen, the proud father. I’m very proud that he is fulfilling and achieving that. It’s great to see. It’s gratifying to see. In 1990 we did, and in 2015, we are doing a superhero show for television. It’s back-breaking. So, when you know that the audience is digging it as they are, in 2015, and the writers are smart enough, not only to write superhero elements, but to also have character and relationship elements going forward, that’s keeping a wider audience involved, outside of the niche audience, that is just wonderful. There’s no other word for it.

http://collider.com/the-flash-john-wesl ... interview/

- John Wesley Shipp habla sobre The Flash, el Regreso de Mark Hamill y las "alianzas" de Henry Allen (comicbook):
John Wesley Shipp habla sobre The Flash, el Regreso de Mark Hamill y las "alianzas" de Henry Allen
Por Russ Burlingame 03/02/2015

ComicBook.com sat down with The Flash's John Wesley Shipp on Groundhog Day which, if you're of a certain generation, is a day you associate with history repeating itself.

It's a theme with which Shipp isn't unfamiliar. This is his second go-'round on The Flash, this time starring as Henry Allen, the father of the title character. Barry Allen, The Flash, was Shipp's role last time around, in the short-lived CBS series that debuted in 1990.

That series also featured Amanda Pays as Christina McGee, Vito D'Ambrosio as Officer Tony Bellows and Mark Hamill as James Jesse, The Trickster. Those three either have or will all reprise those roles on The CW's iteration of the series, with at least Hamill apparently sharing some screen time with Shipp as both characters sit in jail.

Before we get to that, though, Henry Allen is a target of jailhouse violence in this week's episode of The Flash, and so Shipp joined us to talk about the ways in which history is repeating itself, and the ways in which this second The Flash experience is new and different.

How was shooting with Mark Hamill again? Everyone's very excited that you'll be appearing in the same episode together.

Well, it's great fun. You know, the complication is that I'm not the same character and he is, but it doesn't matter once we're in the scene together because it's Mark and John, back up to some of our old tricks. So we had a great time. I hadn't seen Mark or Carol Anne or their daughter in years and years and years.

Mark had said to me, "You know, this is the second time this summer that I've been able to revisit a project that I thought I'd never see again." Of course, he was talking about Star Wars and now The Flash. And I said, "Yes, I'm very mindful of the unique situation and opportunity of revisiting a project 24 years later that I thought...I had no reason...

...I was surprised when I voiced Professor Zoom in Batman: The Brave and the Bold for Warner Bros. I certainly didn't then expect to be back in primetime, playing my own father, so to speak. So I've been Barry, I've been Barry's worst enemy and now I'm Barry's father. What's next? Who knows?

One thing that struck me is that there are some elements of your show that feel like they've echoed into the new show -- looking at the traveling van and some of the work scenes and the like. Do you ever look at some of these things and go, "I remember doing that!"

First of all, we have executive producers that were big fans of the first effort. The first thing Andrew Kreisberg said to me when I saw him on set for the pilot was, "You know, we've already met." I said, "We have?" He said, "Yes, I was an assistant on the backlot at Warner Bros. when you were doing The Flash 24 years ago." He said, "I totally came, invaded your space and fanboyed out on you."

I said, "Well, I guess I was nice!" [Laughs] I'm glad I was in a good mood that day. You never know!

Also, when we were shooting the pilot, David Nutter told me, "You know, you were my hero growing up." I never know when I was doing Dawson's Creek that Greg Berlanti's favorite superhero was The Flash. So we have three executive...oh, of course Geoff Johns. That goes without saying!

So we have executive producers who loved this character and were well aware of our strengths and our weaknesses in the first effort. And I think they've learned. I think the network has learned. The way they've cradled this effort, first by bringing Barry onto a show that's already established then spinning him off...the way the publicity has been spun and the way they've rolled out who's going to be what. There's always a new announcement, isn't there? And they're perfectly spaced to keep interest high in between events.

I'm very aware that there are little homages. I was watching a scene and there comes a point where the centrifuge isn't working, and he hits it and then he gets the idea, he takes the test tube out and vibrates it at high speed. I'm sitting there going, "Now, wait a minute...I did that exact action!" So who directed this episode? David Nutter. So that was a direct homage. This time, there is an incident in which Barry goes through an activity, I can't say exactly what that is, but he performs an action very consistent with the character of The Flash, and his reaction on the other side of that is very similar to what I did. So they are writing in little homages and little Easter eggs for the fans. And you know what the great thing is? I don't get the sense that they're doing it so much for the fans as they're doing it for themselves and each other.

The beautiful thing about this project is we always get the feeling that the executive producers are enjoying what they're writing and what we're doing as much as we hope the audience will, and we think that reads.

There's so much excitement. When we did the table read and Mark came in and I'd seen him for the first time in all these years, then we patched into a big screen in LA, Andrew was saying hello to each one of us and he welcomed me back...then he got to Mark and it was like, "I don't even know what to say." When we found out before Christmas, he said that he felt like Christmas had come early, which is something he also said in an interview, but it's palpable. These producers, they aren't afraid to show you how excited they are, both the fact that we're involved and they can't wait to tell you. When he knew Mark had been cast, Andrew fired me off an e-mail: "Boy, have I got a great surprise for you!" They're tickled to death.

Well, that kind of enthusiasm is infectious and it goes all the way from top to bottom. It's a nice feeling, a nice set to work on, I'll tell you.

We've seen you primarily in just that one room. Are we going to get to see a bit more of Henry in his element?

Well, what you're going to see is Henry start to form alliances. Up til now, his entire view of the outside world and connection to the outside world has been through Barry. Now, Joe knows he's not guilty and there's an alliance -- I can't tell you exactly how -- that begins to form that leads directly, it's no secret, to Henry getting roughed up in prison.

Watch for Barry's reaction to that. I think it's a very interesting reaction that Barry has to his father now forming alliances. He is now, not Henry's only window on the outside world.

The other thing that happens is as a result of being roughed up is that of course Henry is taken to the infirmary so we get to see father and son actually face to face with no partition between them and that's also metaphorical because what happens in the course of that scene is we get to address, does the father recognize the son? Does the father know? If he knows, would he say so? Or if not, would he try to open a window for the son to be able to tell him, and if he does that, how would he do that? Those are the questions that are answered in this episode and that's why I'm so excited about it.

If they were to find some kind of contrivance to suit you up, which suit do you like better -- yours or Grant's?

I think Grant's suit is appropriate to Grant; it's more aerodynamic. Grant is much more gifted physically than I ever was. He dances, he performs well, he can perform moves in that suit that I couldn't have performed in or out of the suit, and certainly not in the suit.

My suit was my suit. It fit the Barry Allen and the sensibility of that time. I don't think his suit would work as well on me nor mine as well on him, you know what I mean? I think obviously we have an Oscar winner, Colleen Atwood, designing a suit to fit the form of the given actor and a more urban, modern sensibility.

That works specifically for a much younger Flash -- he's ten years younger than I was when I took the part -- and it works for today's sensibilities.

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/03/john-we ... nd-henry-/

- John Wesley Shipp sobre el reunirse con Mark Hamill y revisitar the Trickster (Variety):
John Wesley Shipp sobre el reunirse con Mark Hamill y revisitar the Trickster
Por Laura Prudom 3 Febrero, 2015 | 01:19PM PT

Few actors can claim that they’ve appeared in multiple iterations of a fan-favorite franchise, but John Wesley Shipp and Mark Hamill are two such men. Shipp played Barry Allen in CBS’ 1990 version of “The Flash,” and now plays Barry’s (Grant Gustin) father, Henry Allen, in The CW’s successful reboot. This week, Shipp is filming alongside “Star Wars” veteran (and fellow ’90s “Flash” alum) Mark Hamill, who is reprising his original role as the Scarlet Speedster’s nemesis, James Jesse, aka The Trickster.

We won’t see Hamill on screen until the 17th episode of “Flash’s” freshman season, but Variety spoke to Shipp about reuniting with his former costar and what’s ahead for Henry now that his son has come face to face with the man responsible for murdering Barry’s mother, the Reverse Flash — who, unbeknownst to Barry, is actually his STAR Labs mentor, Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh). Although Henry is still falsely imprisoned for the crime, Joe West (Jesse L. Martin), Barry’s guardian, now believes in Henry’s innocence, which will lead the duo to join forces in this week’s episode, “Crazy for You.”

It seems like Henry’s been keeping a low profile in Iron Heights thus far, but in this week’s episode, he gets a beatdown after trying to help Barry and Joe; how does that affect him going forward, beyond the immediate physical implications?
The fun thing about this episode is that now that I know that Joe [believes me] … that was a bit of a testy moment, when Joe admitted that he knew that I did not kill my wife. Since then, for Henry it’s been like, “Now they know that I’m innocent, how do I get involved?” I’m stuck behind that glass and all of my interactions are behind that glass. The fun thing about this episode is, over Barry’s objections, I start — with Joe — asking questions around the prison and I sort of get my head handed to me. That lands me in the infirmary. What that allows Barry and Henry is to have some face-to-face time not through a partition. So, suddenly we see his father and him together in a more intimate setting where they’re not separated… and that’s fun to play.

Was that liberating for you to play, after Henry has spent so long confined?
What’s been amazing to me so far is we’ve had four father/son heart to hearts through the glass. After about the second one, certainly after the third one I was thinking, “we’ve done it. There’s no other way that they can write the heart to heart, father/son moments,” but they keep surprising me. Even given the additional benefit of not being through the glass, there’s another heart to heart. I read the script and I said “I’ll be…” It’s just amazing. They have found one more interesting way to come at this. I’ve been very gratified because the fans talk about the “major feels” whenever there’s a scene — also between Joe and Barry – but between Henry and Barry.

One of the reasons is that they don’t write the same scene every time. They always find a new spin. Either Henry’s defeated and Barry’s trying to pump him up or Barry comes in after The Man in the Yellow Suit, defeated, and Henry’s telling him to be strong. Now in this episode there’s yet another way. It addresses and goes to the issue, does Henry recognize his son? The Flash comes in and saves him when he’s getting roughed up. Would a father recognize his son, and if he does, would he let the son know that he recognizes him or would he wait for the son to tell him? How does he open that window? That’s the brilliance of the writing in [this] episode for me as far as I’m concerned. Of course, many more fun things happen, but speaking selfishly…

What kind of dramatic impetus does it serve for Barry, seeing his father vulnerable? Henry’s been fairly insulated against the increasing insanity of Central City by being behind bars up until now.
I think what’s very interesting now is we could switch. It’s like Henry is almost caught with his hand in the candy jar. If anything, I think to a degree it pisses [Barry] off that this is another element. Now his father isn’t totally dependent on him from the inside; he now has other allies. How does that affect the father/son relationship because up until then the son has been the only one who has believed that Henry is innocent. So, as that begins to fan out, he’s no longer the only one who believes and the father is making more connections. How does that affect the son? I think that’s another interesting dynamic. I’ll tell you, these writers don’t miss a trick. That’s what I’ve been so delighted about. You know, it’s not just an adventure, fun ride at the amusement park. They are getting the relationships and the layers right.

When we were at the CW Upfronts, I had not seen our first pilot scene and Grant came up to me and he said, “Oh my God, our scene is so wonderful.” I had to sit there and say, “Okay, it’s not cool to cry during your own scene.” I said, “I’m glad to hear that,” because if it had turned out not to be moving that would have been our fault, Grant’s and my fault, because it’s written, it’s set up — they say if it ain’t on the page it ain’t on the stage. Well, it certainly is on the page.

Grant recently told me that Barry’s going to start being a little more honest with his father in the near future — how do you think that might alter their relationship?
I will be as excited to find out how that impacts our relationship as hopefully you are. I think one thing [Grant] does do that I see very clearly — and I think this is one thing that’s fascinating in Grant’s portrayal — is that his scenes with Henry are differentiated from his scenes with Joe because he comes to Henry almost as a little boy. That makes sense, because Henry raised him from birth to the age of 10. Joe essentially raised him from 10 into young adulthood. Even though we have similar scenes, if you notice the way Grant plays them, it’s qualitatively very different. That’s a smart actor right there.

Speaking of those different dynamics; one of my favorite aspects of the show is that Barry has three important male role models in his life with Henry, Joe and Wells, and each relationship is different. Is there any part of Henry that feels threatened or a little replaced by Barry’s connection to Joe or Wells?
Absolutely. You know, we went through a couple of drafts of the scene where Joe comes in to tell Henry [he believes him]. The first pass at it, I don’t think any of us felt was right because Henry was too much the saint. He was too forgiving. He let Joe off the hook and I said, “Wait a minute, I’ve been in prison for 14 years, in the hell on earth that is Iron Heights. Another man has raised my son and to add insult to injury, turned him into a policeman like him instead of a heart surgeon like me and I’m going to go ‘that’s okay?’” So that’s where we got the bit of a testy [scene] where he says “I should’ve come before now” and Henry says, “You just weren’t up for a little chitchat with the man who murdered his wife in front of his own son?”

So what Andrew came up with, which was so lovely, was “don’t let him off the hook. But recognize what would have happened to Barry if Joe hadn’t stepped up.” I get two things to play in that scene — actors love that. By holding on to my anger that my friend has been convinced — and trying to convince my son for 14 years — that I’m guilty, on the other hand, I have to be grateful that he stepped in and stepped up and took Barry in. I love that scene with Joe for that reason.

Mark Hamill is on set this week — how has it been to reunite with him?
It’s been great… Mark said a very interesting thing to me. We shared a ride back to the hotel one night. He said, talking about himself, “This is the second time in a row” — talking about “Star Wars” — “that I’ve gotten to revisit a project that I thought I would never see again. We are really in a very unique and fortunate position, aren’t we?” I said, “Yes. I thought that. I never thought I’d see ‘The Flash’ again, 24 years later.” I get a role that’s not a walkthrough but that is intimately involved in the story. It really is something.

Beyond that, I just want to say the relationship, the structure of the relationship between Mark, the old Trickster and the new Trickster [Devon Graye] is fascinating. Talk about layers. How do they bring Mark back 24 years later in a role that he played 24 years ago playing the same character? Obviously, they can’t write it the same way, so they get the best of both possible worlds. They get the youth and the wannabe and they get Mark’s history and gravitas and everything that he brings to the role as well.

What’s the dynamic between James Jesse and Henry in Iron Heights?
The only thing that’s different — well, obviously I’m playing different character — but Mark’s Trickster is now very much more seasoned. He too has been in Iron Heights, you know what I mean? So what we see out of Mark is a much more seasoned insanity. It’s quite chilling, actually, and that craziness is passed on to the next generation — to Devon. It’s more fun and games.

I was a big fan of Mark’s work as the Joker in the DC Animated Universe, so it’s great to see him revisiting that unhinged type of character — he plays the villain so well.
He really does. The secret to that is he’s a huge comic book fan. And people keep asking me, do I have anything from the suit or from the old series? I do. There is an Easter egg in this episode in the STAR Labs scene. Pay attention to what I’m wearing when I get to STAR Labs. I think some people will recognize it right away.

Your version of “The Flash” was obviously ahead of its time, given the current influx of superhero properties on TV and in film. I was curious about your take on the explosion of the genre, given you were kind of a precursor to everything that’s happening now.
You hit on it. We were right at the dawn of a genre exploding into the mass popular culture. I always define it this way: When we went to San Diego Comic-Con 24 years ago, I walked through in three hours, signed half a dozen autographs and that was it. This year, 180 thousand people had taken over the town. We premiered our pilot in front of seven thousand people. Comic books have gone mainstream. The audience is there. We are now stepping into it.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/flash-m ... 201422617/

- El Barry Allen original de TV lleva su personaje de "Flash" al siguiente nivel (cbr):
El Barry Allen original de TV lleva su personaje de "Flash" al siguiente nivel
Por Albert Ching, Managi 03 Febrero 2015

Longtime fans were excited when they learned John Wesley Shipp, who starred in the title role of CBS' 1990-1991 "The Flash" TV series, would play a part in The CW incarnation. But it wasn't just in a wink-wink cameo -- Shipp was cast as Henry Allen, the father of lead character The Flash/Barry Allen (Grant Gustin). It's a recurring role, and also a pivotal one -- the mystery behind the death of Barry's mother, Nora, has propelled the entire first season, with Henry wrongfully imprisoned for the crime.

Up until this point, Shipp's scenes have been somewhat limited by nature, given that he's behind bars -- mainly phone conversations with his son, with a glass partition between them. That looks to change in tonight's episode, "Crazy for You," written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing and directed by Rob Hardy. In the episode, Joe West (Jesse L. Martin) -- recently convinced of Henry's innocence -- enlists Henry's help in an investigation, a partnership that doesn't go over well with Henry's fellow inmates.

CBR News spoke with Shipp about returning to "The Flash" world more than two decades after he himself donned the iconic scarlet uniform, the return of fellow original series cast members Amanda Pays and Mark Hamill and what that says about the current show. We also dig into his considerably more active role in tonight's episode and the explosion of comic book-based live-action TV series in recent years.

CBR News: John, before we get into the particulars of this week's episode, I wanted to talk about your overall experience getting back into the world of "The Flash." Since the original series, you've certainly had a lot of different roles, but was "The Flash" always something you fondly remembered, and looked back on in the interim 20-plus years?

John Wesley Shipp: It was a seminal moment in my career. I had been on the East coast, and I had done a lot of daytime -- of course, I had my two Emmys, which I'm proud of. Shameless in bringing that up. [Laughs] And I had been on Broadway. "The Flash" represented my jump to prime time -- and what a way to jump, in the most expensive show Warner Bros. had ever done. We had a third of the backlot at Warner Bros. that year. To know that I had a place on that lot was very exciting.

Having said that, it was the hardest thing I could ever imagine doing. When I saw Grant at the third episode, I went up to him and said, "Has it gotten real yet?" [Laughs] Anyone who plays a costumed character knows that you're essentially playing two parts. You're essentially in every scene, and the weight of that is really challenging. If you care, it can be challenging emotionally. At any rate, it's beyond difficult, physically. I really do feel like I'm a member of a -- it can't be a fraternity, because there are women [who do comic book roles] -- a "frorority" of people who have done that, and lived to tell about it.

You're also not the only actor from the original show that's been a part of the current series -- Amanda Pays returned as Tina McGee, and Mark Hamill will play The Trickster in an upcoming episode. That's the kind of thing that doesn't always happen, as subsequent incarnations often want to run from the past. This show, however, has embraced it. How gratifying is that for you, to know what you did almost 25 years ago had such an impact on the creative people running this version of The Flash?

I think there are two reasons for that. Number one, all of our executive producers were fans. They make no bones about the fact that they were big fans of the first effort. When I met Andrew Kreisberg, he said, "We've already met, I was an assistant on the backlot of Warner Bros. when you were doing 'original Flash.' I totally came up and invaded your space and fanboy-ed out on you." I knew right away that they watched the show. Although Greg Berlanti, when we were doing "Dawson's Creek" together, he never mentioned it, and I found out that The Flash was his favorite character. David Nutter said, "You know, you were my hero growing up." They watched the first effort carefully.

The fact that they are willing to bring in elements from the previous show is a sign of some really secure creators. Creators who are so secure in what they're doing, and the newness and the freshness and the moment behind what they're doing, that they're not afraid to bring elements from the past as homages and integrating them into their vision for the present and for the future. To me, that says we've got some executive producers who are very secure in what they're doing today.

There had only been a handful of live-action comic book-based TV shows when you were doing the original "Flash," and now there's so many on TV, and so many more in development that we're hearing news about every day. What's it like for you to see that evolve and become a big part of television -- something you were involved in 25 years ago?

When we all went to San Diego Comic-Con, this last fall, Jesse Martin was amazed. He was like a kid in a candy store. "Oh my God, we're getting all this love coming at us." We premiered our pilot in front of 7,000 people, we were oversold in Hall H. He was like, "We haven't even been on the air yet!" It's like we were walking into an audience that is there waiting for us. That wasn't true in 1990. We certainly had the niche audience that were the hardcore comic book fans that were very excited about us being there, but we weren't stepping into a mass audience. Comic books hadn't yet gone mainstream, so to speak, in the way that they have now.

The comic book sensibility and the comic book craze, I think we're sort of at a peak of that in a way that wasn't true 24 years ago. You're walking into an audience that is sitting there waiting to receive you, instead of trying to convince people that may not be comic book fans that you're worth watching. That's a very different dynamic.

Thus far, viewers have seen your character in a limited capacity, given that he's imprisoned. It sounds like here he's taking on a more active role -- what can you share about your part in this week's episode?

What's been interesting so far is that Henry's had one window on the world, through the glass of the prison, and also metaphorically -- his one contact with the outside world is his son, the only one that believes he's innocent. Everybody else, including his friend Joe, who's raised his son, is hammering into Barry's head, "Your father's guilty, he's paying for what he did." Then Joe discovers [the truth], and we have that slightly contentious scene where we make our peace.

In this episode, it moves beyond that, where Joe and Henry -- unbeknownst to Barry -- enter into, and I can't tell you how, some kind of partnership with Henry on the inside and Joe on the outside. Barry's reaction to that, both no longer being Henry's only access to the outside world, but also concern about his father's well-being, is very interesting to watch. Also, as a result of getting roughed up, I get out from behind the glass partition. It's very interesting, and I don't think it's an accident that's also the episode in which I'm the in infirmary and Barry's right there, and we have no glass between us, as a metaphor for separation. We deal with the issue -- does the father recognize the son? Does Henry know that Barry's The Flash? And if he does, would he say so, or would he open a door for Barry to tell him? And if he does, would Barry tell him? Those are questions that we deal with in the episode tomorrow.

It's a very special one for me. I suddenly have more than one window on the outside world, and I'm having physical contact with more than one character; not sitting in a chair, talking on the phone. As wonderful for may those scenes have been, it is fun, now, to take him to the next level.

Right, there's an inherent limitation in those scenes behind the glass -- what kind of challenge is that for an actor? You're physically limited but still conveying a range of emotion.

As an actor, it behooves you not to look at the limitations, but to look at the advantages. The advantages are that we can't move. We are in the chairs. We are talking on a phone that is connected to a wall. There's not a lot of busy-ness that we can do. That means that Grant and I have to throw our attention on each other, and we have to make it about not the words that we're saying, but an expression that flickers across his face. When he gets emotional, how I react what he may do differently take by take, and how wonderfully he responds when I do something a little different. Even though the lines stay the same, there's a degree of improv, because we're thrown onto our something. We can't physicalize it -- it all has to be heart to heart.

That's a wonderful advantage, in that the limitation forces us to go in that direction. I believe that's why those scenes, in the middle of a show that moves so fast, have been so effective. It gives the audience a chance to breathe and to look at these faces and these hearts of these two men, and get involved with this father-son relationship. It's just excruciatingly poignant.

As one of a very small number of people in the world to have the experience of playing Barry Allen, what are your thoughts on what Grant Gustin has brought to the role so far?

I'm approaching this role as a standalone role. I wouldn't very much have enjoyed doing a cameo and walk through. The fact that Geoff Johns has created a much different and much darker backstory for Barry, and that this Henry Allen and Nora Allen story is very different -- it's a standalone character. When I stop and think about it, I realize that he's playing the same character, but there are significant differences. Number one, it's much more youthful -- he's 10 years younger than I was when I was playing Barry. Number two, the suit is different. He is what I thought we should have been more in 1990 -- he's much more aerodynamic. Since the guy's thing is speed, it would make sense that he would be aerodynamic. The suit reflects a more urban, contemporary sensibility.

People say, is it familiar? Yeah, in the sense that you walk up to a familiar house, and you open the door, and all the furnishings and all the rooms are completely different. It's not really revisiting something, as recreating a universe that I was once a part of.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=59004

- La favorita de de los fans de Vampire Diaries Malese Jow se une a The Flash como Linda Park (ksitetv):
La favorita de de los fans de Vampire Diaries Malese Jow se une a The Flash como Linda Park
Por Craig Byrne 03 Feb 2015

Going back to the very first season of The Vampire Diaries, Malese Jow's Anna was a quick fan favorite, and even after her character was gone from the show, the episodes where she'd make ghostly appearances always made Mystic Falls a better place.

Malese was also one of the standouts in the cast of the sadly short-lived series Star-Crossed, where she played Julia.

Now, Malese Jow is headed to The CW's Flash beginning with tonight's episode, where she plays a character that's very important to the Flash mythos - Linda Park, the woman who even eventually became The Flash's wife. (Granted, it was Wally West and not Barry Allen, but hey!)

We spoke with Malese to preview Linda Park and her role in The Flash, as the young reporter for the Central City Picture News enters Barry Allen's world. Enjoy, and beware of some possible spoilers:

KSITETV: For those who knew your work as Anna or Julia, would you say this is a bit more of an adult role than those characters had been?

MALESE JOW: Definitely! I'm so excited about it. I'm finally getting to play my age - someone in their twenties!

Everyone's used to me playing high school, and a little more naive and wide-eyed, but now I get to play this fierce, strong, fiery woman. It's fun and I hope people like it.

You mention that she's strong and fiery. How does Linda relate to Iris, who is also strong and fiery?

Iris is new to the Picture News, and still kind of getting her footing there, and Linda's actually a veteran at the Picture News, so she's actually more comfortable in her skin there, and Iris is kind of like "whoa." They're a lot alike, but yet, different.

There was another, older Linda Park teased in a news broadcast in the Flash pilot. Are she and the younger Linda related at all?

No, we don't actually touch on the Linda that they had briefly in that episode. I'm guessing that maybe they didn't think that they would even bring Linda on, and then decided that it was a good idea… but yeah. They don't ever explain why that happened, but I'm glad that Linda's on the scene now!

What kind of a chemistry does Linda have with Barry?

I think they have such an entertaining chemistry, which is good for television. They're kind of, in a way, like "opposites attract." I feel like he's not used to having this straightforward woman that kind of knows what she wants, and she's very vocal about that, so she kind of brings him out of his comfort zone and out of his shell. But on the same token, I think she likes that she has to do that with him, and she knows that he has layers, and he's charming, and kind of shy, so it's interesting to see him blossom a little bit.

Does she see him as a challenge at all?

I think a little bit. Yeah. But I don't she sees him as a game, though. I think she starts developing real feelings for him. He's a diamond in the rough! He's a gem. I think she's just taken back by the fact that he's awesome.

What does Linda think of The Flash?

Linda doesn't really mention anything about The Flash. She doesn't really get too involved in that world, and that part of him.

Does Linda get involved in any danger at any point in your story arc?

Not too much danger. Like I said, she doesn't get too wrapped up that whole [Flash] thing. She gets to kind of stay in the "real life scenario," not in the whole "saving the world" thing, which is good. But love triangles are kind of dangerous, so if you consider that "being in danger," maybe.

Does she notice Barry's sudden disappearances, at least?

No. I feel like Barry/The Flash, he's kind of getting really good at what he does. Maybe a little cocky at points… but yeah. I feel like he could pull off anything now, without anyone even noticing. Which is awesome. She doesn't even bat an eye at it.

You've been involved in shows with very huge fandoms before. What is different about entering the Flash fandom and the comic book world?

It's the same, but yet, totally different. My sister is a huge comic book fan, so whenever I went through this whole project, she was like "you HAVE to get this for me!" It was so crazy, just seeing everyone blow up when they found out that I was going to be a part of it. It's a huge honor, and the Flash fans - do they have a name?

The name I like to use is Speedsters.

Speedsters! Okay. Perfect. They've been so nice, and welcoming, and I can't wait for them to see the episodes, and see what everyone has to say.

How long are you around for?

I'm around for a little bit. Yeah. I've heard some talk of them trying to incorporate Linda into the mix a little bit more, so we'll see what happens.

You mentioned your sister, but had YOU been a fan of the show before getting the role? Had you been watching?

When I found out I was going to be a part of it, I had to watch everything, of course, and I became addicted. I was like "This show is amazing. I can't believe I'm going to be a part of it." So I'd be a fan no matter what, but like I said, it's a huge honor.

Is there anyone in the Arrow/Flash universe that you'd like to be able to work with?

I would hope that in the future, Linda will get some scenes with Caitlin and Cisco. I love watching them on the show. I feel like they're hilarious. I got to meet Danielle briefly, but we didn't get to interact, so hopefully in the future, I'll get to work with them too.

Do you have any particularly amusing stories of your time on set?

I love this cast so much! There was never a dull moment. Grant and I have kind of the same sense of humor, so we would constantly be giggling and laughing about certain things.

At the end of one episode, Barry ends up really messy - like in the face, sweating, and everything - and that was our first kiss, which was kind of like "Wow. This is not awkward at all." I felt so bad for him. But it was funny… we laughed it off.

How does Linda come into the show?

They actually posted our first encounter online. She's just going up to the bar and giving a guy her number, but it ends up being more than that, obviously. That's kind of how their relationship works. It's kind of instantaneous… it's fun, there are no guessing games initially, and they're just being young and dating, which is fun to watch.

Do you think Barry has things he can learn from getting to know Linda?

I definitely think so. Like I said about Linda, she's a woman who knows what she wants, so she's not going to let someone beat around the bush, which is awesome, and I think that he has to work through these love triangle feels, because there are always feelings for Iris. He's still working through that, because he's just literally professed her love for her, and she's always around as a constant reminder. But now he has this new girl, who's also amazing, and he's having a good time with her, so I think she's helping him come to conclusions.

If they could do any kind of story for Linda, what would you like for it to be and why?

Oh, goodness… there are so many possibilities, because this show is so amazing!

I know on Twitter, people are huge fans of Iris and Linda being super BFF's. It would be really fun for them to be really girly together. Maybe like a mall montage, doing their nails… something. Because actually, that's how Candice [Patton] and I were off set. Just taking selfies, and having a glass of wine… being totally girly. So that would be really fun. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch for us.

Do you have any final thoughts about why people should tune in?

I mean, why not tune in on Tuesday night? The Flash gives you everything you want. Comedy, action, love, romance, laughs… and hey, Linda's going to be on now, so check me out!

http://www.ksitetv.com/interviews-2/int ... park/55598

- Micah Joe Parker su papel de Clay Parker en el episodio de esta noche de The Flash (comicbook):
Micah Joe Parker su papel de Clay Parker en el episodio de esta noche de The Flash
Por BD Comito 03/02/2015

Tonight, viewers of The Flash will be introduced to a brand new character, Clay Parker, portrayed by Micah Joe Parker. ComicBook.com caught up with Micah for an exclusive interview, providing a little insight to the character.

There’s very little known about this Clay Parker character, but what can you tell me about him?

At the top of the episode, Clay Parker is locked up in Iron Heights Prison and this other character, Shauna, who;s going to be introduced tonight, breaks me out of prison with her teleportation power and we kind of go this Bonnie & Clyde type journey through the episode- which is of course a pain in Flash’s side. That’s pretty much what our storyline is, I don’t want to give too much away before tonight. It’s a meta-human Bonnie & Clyde episode.

It must have been awesome, getting the call to be cast on The Flash.

Oh, it was awesome.

Will we see your character again after today?

That I can not say, for certain. You’ll have to watch the episode and see what happens and I can’t wait to hear people’s thoughts to be honest with you.

I auditioned for Barry Allen over a year ago. I knew that the show was going to be happening, but they started with Arrow spinoff, with Barry Allen introduced on Arrow. So, I was always kind of keeping a bug in my agent’s ear about looking out for roles in [The Flash] because I want to be part of it so badly. So, when I finally got the opportunity it was pretty awesome. Shipped to Vancouver. It was great, beautiful city.

It must be cool logging into your Facebook a few months ago and seeing your picture on top of the ComicBook.com article talking about your casting.

Yeah, obviously I knew before that, but I had to keep it a secret. I had to be pretty secretive about The Flash. I couldn’t post anything on Twitter, on Facebook, until I was in Vancouver. Then I saw the article I was like, “Hey, I can tell people!”

Do you read the comics?

Honestly, as a kid I wasn’t big into comics. I know that with Grant, when he got the role, he started reading all about the the Flash. I just don’t know where to get started.

Yeah, it can be tough. If you were to play one super hero in a movie, who would it be?

I think it would be Superman. I kind of like the Clark Kent, Superman combination. I love that transformation: being able to conceal your identity with a pair of glasses. Then, you take the suit and tie off and you’re the man of steel. Got some great hair, too.

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/03/micah-j ... de-of-the/

- El padre de Flash: Una entrevista con John Wesley Shipp (dccomics):
El padre de Flash: Una entrevista con John Wesley Shipp
Por Tim Beedle 03/02/2015 - 10:00am

Of all the remarkable things that The Flash has done, of which there’s been an awful lot, one of the coolest was casting the original small screen Flash, John Wesley Shipp, as Barry Allen’s father, Henry.

Shipp played Barry Allen for one season in 1990 and 1991, and while his show might not have been a commercial success at the time, it’s time to acknowledge its influence. While it may not have the generational appeal of Adam West’s Batman or Lynda Carter’s Wonder Woman, for a particular generation of comic book and super hero fans, 1990’s The Flash was a touchstone. It gave fans a glimpse of how much fun live action super heroes could be, even if mass audiences weren’t yet ready.

Which is a long way of saying that it’s appropriate that Shipp was cast as Barry’s father on The CW’s Flash, since his take on the character could arguably be seen as the father of today’s small screen heroes. And as any parent can tell you, it’s not always easy being a father. It certainly hasn’t been for the falsely incarcerated Henry Allen, who arrives at something of a turning point in tonight’s new episode, “Crazy For You.” But don’t take our word for it! We recently spoke with Shipp about tonight’s episode, along with what we can expect from his upcoming reunion with Mark Hamill’s Trickster and what qualities he shares with the man currently wearing the red and gold.

So, let’s start with the obvious question… Are you ever going to get out of prison? Or are we always going to be looking at you behind the glass?

Well, those are two different questions! One question is if I’m ever going to get out of prison, and I would say…probably. But am I going to be behind the glass all the time? I can tell you, unequivocally, no. We know that Joe now believes in Henry’s innocence, and [in tonight’s episode] Henry and Joe start having some interactions, which circumvent Barry and lead to Henry getting roughed up and landing in the infirmary. That means we see Henry relating both to Joe and to Barry without a glass partition, which is cool both physically and metaphorically because we also get into some father/son issues without that partition between us. Does the father recognize the son, and if he does, how will he let the son know that? That’s explored tonight in a way that I’m very excited to see.

How do you think it must feel for Henry Allen to see his son grow up and develop from afar? As a father, I can’t imagine doing that.

I can’t either. But Henry, from the moment he’s convicted is thrown into such a surreal environment that he’s got to be suffering from some kind of PTSD. He has a wife murdered, has a ten-year-old son who’s taken away, is convicted of doing it in his son’s presence… That’s a handful.

One thing is we tried to acknowledge the anger that Henry would have toward Joe after Joe tells him that he believes he’s innocent, while at the same time acknowledging that if Joe hadn’t been there, who knows what would have happened to Barry? Even though there was probably some resentment that Barry works for the police department like Joe instead of becoming a heart surgeon like Henry, there still has to be a degree of comfort in that he knows Joe’s a good man and that his son is in good hands. I think by the time our show starts, we see a man [in Henry] who has accepted that fourteen years later, this is how his life is going to be going forward. Henry might have participated in his son’s quest to find meta-humans that may have been responsible for the murder in order to give Barry an outward focus. But by the time the pilot comes, he’s ready to say, “It’s time to let it go.” And then Joe finds out and we learn everything that we know about Harrison Wells, and we’re down a whole different road.

I also have to respect the character that I’m playing. I really think that Henry, once he realizes that his life if not over is certainly curtailed, his focus is Barry. Barry’s well being is really the only thing that Henry has at the point that the pilot opens. Now, with Joe onboard, that presents an interesting situation for Barry, doesn’t it? Now Barry is no longer his father’s only window on the world. Watch how he deals with Joe and Henry going around him to work on something in tonight’s episode, and how he feels about Henry reaching out to somebody else other than him. These writers know what they are doing. I’m constantly in awe with how they’re balancing all the elements. It’s a very complex show.

It really is. I was thinking about how Barry has three father figures on the show. There’s Henry, Joe West and Harrison Wells, and now the Harrison Wells dynamic has changed and almost become a subversion of what it was. It just seems like it would be so difficult for Henry.

Well, there’s a lot of poignancy to it. At the very start, I didn’t know if they’d want to involve the old show or not. They could’ve gone one of two ways. They could’ve made a clean break and make it all new, or integrate elements from the old show. Before I knew I’d be involved, people were saying that I should play Jay Garrick, but then I found out about Geoff Johns’ recreation of the Allen family in which Papa Allen is convicted of killing Mama Allen in front of ten-year-old Barry, which of course, got me imagining what that would’ve been like 24 years ago when I was playing Barry. I thought, wow, if I’m asked to participate, that’s the role I would want, and shortly thereafter, that’s the role they offered me.

How would you describe your relationship with Grant Gustin? You two have shared a role. That’s pretty unique.

It’s interesting! There are a lot of connections there. Grant and I both are from Norfolk, Virginia. He was born on January 14th and I was born on January 22nd, and he was born the year that I was doing The Flash.

I also feel, and I felt this from the first moment I saw him on Arrow, that we work from the same premise. We try to get to the truth in the moment. It’s not just about razzle dazzle, it’s about heart. Certainly, we honor the special effects and the comic book element. But when it’s time, and you’re in that cubicle with the glass between you and the phones, and it’s time to talk heart-to-heart, Grant has the ability to do that. I believe that I have the ability to do that as well, and we complement each other in those moments.

As far as sharing the same role, I look at it as if he’s playing my Barry ten years younger. Grant’s 24 and I was 33 or 34 when I did it. That gives him some advantages in terms of the tripping over his own feet aspect that Barry has. He can play the humor more easily being that much younger. But the character of Henry Allen in this incarnation is such a good character that even if I hadn’t played Barry 24 years ago, I would still want it. It’s very rich, it’s layered and it’s conflicted, and I love playing those elements.

Looking ahead, are you excited for Mark Hamill’s return to the world of The Flash?

We just got through shooting that episode! We both talked about how unique and special it was to be able to revisit a project like this. Obviously, I’m playing a new character, but he’s the same character only older and more seasoned. Whatever poison is circulating in the Trickster’s system has had time to deepen and turn more acrid. Then they balance that with having Devon [Graye] play the younger, trickier version of the Trickster.

We were talking about how unique [the whole experience] was and how this is the second time he’s done it very recently. He never thought he would get to do Star Wars again, and he never thought that we’d be on a Flash set together again. Even though I’m in a different role, we’re still relating very much the same was as we did in “The Trial of the Trickster.” He has a reason to take me captive [in the upcoming episode], like he did when I was the Flash. They play with the similarities, although there are differences. It’s great fun. He’s a legend. At one point, Mark and Devon were doing a scene and the director looked at me and was like, “Mark Hamill! That’s Mark Hamill!”

It’s the Flash’s 75th Anniversary this year, and I was wondering, as someone who has played the Flash and is still very much involved with the character, why do you think he’s remained so popular?

When we were at San Diego Comic-Con before any of the shows had aired, I was asked about all the different comic book shows and movies. I said that they’re presenting a lot of different comic book treatments and it’ll be interesting to see which ones the modern audience will gravitate to. We’re the ride at the amusement park. We’re the more hopeful one. This is an era of The Walking Dead, where you need to have a hatchet in the head every five minutes for it to be considered entertaining. That’s not us at all. But then we premiered, and one of the reviews mentioned how refreshing it was to have a super hero where one of his powers is optimism, and I thought, “Wow, it’s going to be us. We’re going to stick.”

It seems like the audience is ready for sincerity and optimism again. That was all considered too naïve and unsophisticated for a while. It had to be gritty. We certainly have elements of grit, but at his heart, Barry Allen has always been a pretty good guy. He’s sort of the everyman that people can relate to. It’s certainly what I love about Grant Gustin’s characterization. He’s so likable.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/02/03 ... sley-shipp

- Lo siento, Iris y Felicity: ¡Por qué los fans se enamorarán del nuevo interés amoroso de Barry en The Flash! (EOnline):
Lo siento, Iris y Felicity: ¡Por qué los fans se enamorarán del nuevo interés amoroso de Barry en The Flash!
Por Sydney Bucksbaum 03 Febrero 9:00 AM PST

Love is in the air on The Flash!

Just in time for Valentine's Day, Barry (Grant Gustin) is finally going to get some lovin' that's actually returned, unlike his unrequited crush on Iris (Candice Patton)...get ready to meet his new love interest Linda Park, played by Malese Jow!

And even if you've been 'shipping the relationship between Barry and Iris, and have been holding out hope that she's going to break up with Eddie (Rick Cosnett) and develop deeper feelings for her BFF, you're still going to fall for Linda—and it's all because of her confidence.

"My first meeting with Barry, you can definitely tell who Linda is going to be in his life," Jow tells E! News. "She straight up spits game on him, bellying up to the bar. She gives him her number, and she definitely is the straight-forward, knows-what-she-wants type of woman, which is very exciting! It immediately brings Barry out of his shell, so it's fun to watch."

Jow explains that because of Linda's no-nonsense, outgoing personality, she's a great fit for Barry romance-wise.

"They hit it off right away and I think it's because each of them has what the other needs," Jow says. "Barry needs someone to bring him out of his comfort zone and she knows what she wants and is very vocal about it so there's not much that he has to guess about. With her, she gravitates towards Barry because he is who he is, he's charming and sweet and low key and goofy, so that is very charming to her. In a way, it's an opposites-attract sort of thing. It's really cute."

But what about Iris? Since Linda also works at Central City Picture News, a.k.a. Iris's new employer, Jow warns things might get complicated around the office between the two most important women in Barry's life.

"They're not close friends yet," Jow says. "Linda has been at Picture News for a while, and iris is still trying to get her footing there, so it's an interesting dynmanic. Linda is on the scene and immediately starts dating Barry, so it's interesting for Iris to watch and deal with her feelings for Barry as she watches their relationship unfold. Linda and Iris have a very complicated and interesting relationship because of that."

Watching Barry start to date someone else might even start stirring up some confusing feelings for Iris.

"It is so complicated, and Linda and Iris are both dealing with all of that," Jow says. "Barry was hopelessly pining for Iris, but Iris has her relationship with Eddie, but now that Linda comes onto the scene, she becomes an important part of Barry's life, and Iris has to deal with a lot of feelings that start coming out and surprising her. She's Barry's best friend and Linda's co-worker, so it becomes this love triangle of sorts."

And Eddie and Linda won't be kept in the dark about how Barry and Iris feel about each other.

"Barry and Iris would like to think that they can keep secrets," Jow says with a laugh. "But things become obvious and you can see a lot in their eyes and the subtle things they say. It unfolds and it's interesting to see how all these different characters deal with the truth when it does come out."

But what Jow is most looking forward to is finally getting to play a character who isn't in high school, unlike her past roles on The Vampire Diaries and Star-Crossed.

"I'm excited to finally play a more mature role that's a strong woman close to my age!" Jow says. "I'm almost 24 and people are used to see me playing a high schooler who is naïve. It's nice to play a character who knows who she is and what she wants. The Flash fans are blowing up my Twitter already so I'm excited to see their reaction after this episode!"

http://uk.eonline.com/news/621108/sorry ... eol-manual

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash 1.12 "Crazy for You" Clip #2:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... e-a-769709

- The Flash Villain Unmasked! + Harley Quinn (DC All Access 301):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MANSS1pdSg0

- The Flash 1.12 "Crazy for You" Producer´s Preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ7rQZNoULI

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Imágenes BTS de la S1 (03-02-15):

Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@RickCosnett: Just a casual moody chair picture on set #TheFlash This one's for you @kimmyfraser
@grantgust: This is today. But you’ll have to wait a while… #TheFlash #Atom
@grantgust: Today's friends minus Tom. @tha_los @brandonjrouth @dpanabaker @emilybett)

- February Sweeps Promo Posters:

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- THE FLASH 1.13 "Nuclear Man" Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgYBmhhJvxw

- THE FLASH 1.13 "Nuclear Man" Extended Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nek20ta4a24

- Tom Cavanagh Talks 'The Flash' and 'The Games Maker' at Sundance (collider):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV-q6J-egm4

- Q&A en Facebook con Stpehne y Robbie Amell:

https://www.facebook.com/robbie.amell/p ... 6084647817

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 1.13 "The Nuclear Man":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Añadidos los rátings del 1.12 "Crazy for you". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes BTS del 1.18 (05-06 Feb 2015):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@BrandonRouthcom: Somebody asked for a tinted visor on #TheAtom suit #TheATOMSuit #brandonrouth
@rickcosnett: @emilybett @grantgust @brandonjrouth @candicekp #Mathieu #TheFlash #Flarrow
@rickcosnett: Hahaha no seriously stop tickling me @grantgust #JesseLMartin #TheFlash
@RickCosnett: Making magics on #TheFlash set with the brillliant, talented @BrandonJRouth #TheATOM
@grantgust: If I'm working in front of one these...chances are I'm near death. #TheFlash
@grantgust: Gettin' that Friday night shoot in before I catch an early flight to LA for a weekend with friends
@PaulBlackthorne: Always nice to have this guy on set @BrandonJRouth #Arrow)

- Imágenes BTS de Mark Hamill como "The Trickster":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ouver.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash 1.13 "The Nuclear Man" Producer´s Preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fce3nPPGVqA

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Emily Kinney de "The Walking Dead" aparecerá en "The Flash" como 'Bug-Eyed Bandit':
B9asHDICcAAWsuy.jpg

Según informa la página "Vixen Varsity", la actriz Emily Kinney se dirige a Vancouver para aparecer en "The Flash", donde interpretará a la villana de Atom 'Bug-Eyed Bandit' en el próximo episodio 1.18 de la serie que contará con la aparición de Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) y Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) de "Arrow", que se dirigirán a Central City para que S.T.A.R. Labs les ayude con el traje de A.T.O.M. de Ray, y que tiene por título "All-Star Team Up".

Según distintos post en Instagram y Twitter, la actriz lleva en la ciudad desde aproximadamente el 5 de Febrero.
Imagen
http://instagram.com/p/y3voDjCvKR/?moda ... aign=photo

La actriz también ha posteado un tweet en el que adelanta un próximo proyecto secreto:
Imagen

Y el protagonista de la serie, Gran Gustin, acaba de empezar a seguirla en instagram:
Imagen

El rumor que corre es que interpretará a 'Brie Larvan', una versión femenina del villano 'Bug-Eyed Bandit'. las noticias iniciales fueron interpretadas como que el "clásico" Bug-Eyed Bandit aparecería en la serie, junto a un segundo villano en la misma línea pero que sería mujer. Al parecer, todo apunta a que de momento Kinney será la única villana que aparecerá.

*ACTUALIZADO*

La CW ha confirmado que, efectivamente, Emily Kinney será 'Brie Larvan' como nueva re-interpretación del personaje clásico de DC, 'Bertram Larvan', también conocido como 'Bug-Eyed Bandit'. Brie es una narcisista maga de la tecnología que siembra el caos en Central City. Cuando Felicity Smoak y Ray Palmer lleguen, Felicity reonoce a 'Brie' como su enemiga, y las dos mujeres en enzarzan en una batalla informática por la vida de The Flash.

http://www.vixenvarsity.com/2015/02/09/ ... ed-bandit/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... lum-771863

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash - Fan Q&A: Grant Gustin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPQd656wXsw

- Robbie Amell & Victor Garber Discuss Working Together On 'The Flash' (accesshollywood):

http://bcove.me/l39arhj1

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”