"Nuevo proyecto para la CW sobre 'THE FLASH'"

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "Nuevo proyecto para la CW sobre 'THE FLASH'"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- THE FLASH Stills del 3.08 "Invasion":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- SUPERGIRL Stills del 2.08 "Medusa":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- ARROW Stills del 5.08 "Invasion":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Stills del 2.07 "Invasion":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Kevin Smith dice que su episodio de Flash es un Thriller, el episodio de Supergirl es un viaje (CBR):
Kevin Smith dice que su episodio de Flash es un Thriller, el episodio de Supergirl es un viaje
Por Megan Peters 20/11/2016

This week, Kevin Smith will return to The CW when his episode of The Flash airs on Tuesday. After directing a fan-favorite episode of the series last season, Smith was asked to return to The Flash and oversee Killer Frost’s return to Central City. The cult filmmaker was also brought on to direct an episode of The CW’s newest DC Comics title, Supergirl, which he finished shooting recently. And, now, the director is telling fans what they should expect from the episodes.

Kevin Smith recently uploaded his latest episode of Fat-Man on Batman to Youtube where he and co-host Marc Bernardin talked about the Arrowverse. It was there that Smith recalled his time on-set for The Flash and Supergirl by saying he had a “f**king blast.”

“Boy, oh boy - I had a f**king blast. And both couldn’t be more different from each other,” he said. “"Killer Frost" is like a thriller The whole thing is like a [John] Grisham movie set in the world of comics with powers and s**t.”

Smith then continued and switched gears to Supergirl. “Then the Supergirl episode, it’s very ambitious. It’s different from a lot of Supergirl episodes. We take a journey,” he said. “It’s big, it’s a big episode. It turned out phenomenally. I was just working on the cut this morning, the first cut. The Flash is done, and it airs next week. Supergirl I got the first cut of, and it was 12 minutes long. So I went through an easy first-pass...and am down five minutes, so there’s seven minutes left to cut out. It’s going to be tough because all the scenes are really good.”

Smith couldn’t help but gush about Supergirl’s cast since his episode “Superman Lives” marks his first time working with the actors. The director had plenty of praise of Charmed City, an actor duo comprised of star Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood. David Harewood also racked up praised from Smith since the director fell for the British man’s charm.

“David Harewood has a line that’s “so f**king DC Universe, so specifically Superworld,” Smith gushed. Without giving away any spoilers, Smith said that Martian Manhunter goes full-on comic nerd when he makes a reference to the Red Sun of Krypton.

Smith also said that, “David doesn’t even have to be in the Martian Manhunter persona to carry the presence of Martian Manhunter. He’s almost almost more Martian Manhunter when he’s just Hank Henshaw than when they do the effects.”

The Flash airs Tuesday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. “Killer Frost” premieres on November 22. Supergirl airs on The CW Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

- El Crossover revelará nueva informaciçon dobre el futuro de "The Flash" (CBR):
El Crossover revelará nueva informaciçon dobre el futuro de "The Flash"
Por Meagan Damore 21 Nov 2016

There’s trouble on the horizon for “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.” Just a few episodes ago, Professor Stein and Jefferson “Jax” Jackson stumbled upon Rip Hunter’s secret room aboard the Waverider. In it, they encountered not only a stash of weapons, but a dire message from the Flash’s future. However, the show hasn’t revealed many details about what that message is — and it won’t, at least until the big “Invasion!” crossover between “Legends,” “The Flash,” “Arrow” and “Supergirl.”

During a set visit, Victor Garber — who plays Martin Stein, one half of Firestorm — told CBR and other reporters that Barry Allen would learn of this future message in the big “Arrow”-verse crossover.

Asked how his character will continue to deal with this secret message from Barry’s future, Garber said, “It sort of comes out in dribs and drabs. It’s a big mystery and a big deal. It’s a spoiler if I give you too much information, but it’s just part of the whole mystery of time travel and the fact that this is coming from Barry years later and then when he finds out — and that all happens in the crossover, so it just sort of unfolds as these things do on these shows, and lots of things occur in that time period.”

Though he couldn’t reveal too much information about this scene, Garber did address whether or not the burden of keeping this secret will help strengthen Jax and Stein’s bond. “Well, yes and no,” he shared. “I mean, Stein is saying, ‘We can’t tell them’ and Jax is saying, ‘Why can’t we?’ It’s kind of like a father and son: some days it’s good and some days you just want to say, ‘How did you become my child?’ which is also — for me, as an actor — what’s fun about doing it. First of all, [Franz Drameh] is a brilliant actor and I love working with him, and we have a really good time together, so it continues to be that and hopefully more dimensional. I mean, like everything, it changes, and — if it stayed the same — we’d be off the air, frankly.”

Airing Thursdays at 8 pm ET/PT on The CW, “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” stars Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter, Brandon Routh as the Atom, Victor Garber and Franz Drameh as Firestorm, Caity Lotz as White Canary, Maisie Richardson-Seller as Vixen, Dominic Purcell as Heatwave and Nick Zano as Citizen Steel.

http://www.cbr.com/arrowverse-crossover ... hs-future/?

- Danielle Panabaker sobre el espiral de la Killer Frost de Caitlin (EW):
Danielle Panabaker sobre el espiral de la Killer Frost de Caitlin
Por Natalie Abrams 21 Nov 2016

Tuesday’s episode of The Flash is going to be quite frosty!

When Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) uses her powers to save Barry (Grant Gustin), she fulfills her mother’s prophetic warning by going full-on Killer Frost. How will Caitlin handle her new powers? And how will the team react in turn? EW turned to Panabaker to get the scoop:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How is Caitlin handling her new powers? Is this a split personality situation?
DANIELLE PANABAKER: I don’t think it starts out as a split personality. Caitlin is trying to figure out how her powers work, how to use them and the consequences of them, so she starts coming from a good place in using them to save Barry. Then, if you look back to the beginning of The Flash, Barry didn’t know how perfectly to use his powers, and Caitlin too is struggling with how best to use her powers.

Caitlin has always been an inherently good person, but it seems the second that Killer Frost is triggered over the last few episodes, she goes straight to anger. Why do you think that is?
The powers insider of her, to me, I imagine it’s a bit like an addiction. It’s something that’s bad for her, and she knows it’s bad, but it feels so good that she has a lot of trouble turning away from it. I think you’re right: Inherently there is a good person inside of there, but she’s being tested, and it’s an incredible challenge.

Do you think she’s more scared than anything?
Underneath it all, she is certainly scared, but her coping mechanisms tend to be a little frosty, which is fun.

How is the team going to react to this?
They’re all going to have very different reactions and struggle with what’s happening. Some of the people on Team Flash don’t have quite the same history as someone like Barry or Cisco do. Barry and Cisco’s instincts tend to try to help Caitlin as quickly as possible and get back to the person who is inside of her — that true good person that we know — whereas perhaps I think some other members of Team Flash are a little more skeptical and a little more wary of Killer Frost, particularly after some of them saw the Earth-2 Killer Frost.

The logline says that Caitlin kidnaps Julian (Tom Felton). Does she suspect that he’s Doctor Alchemy?
Caitlin needs help. She’s grasping at straws and trying to do anything she can to get her power back and to get some information. She thinks that Julian can help her out.

Will Killer Frost come into contact with Savitar?
Savitar is present in the episode. Typically he is always there, and they are always afraid of him. You can look forward to some interaction between Savitar and a version of Caitlin, if you will.

What was it like working with Kevin Smith, who directed Tuesday’s episode?
My experience with Kevin this season was much different than last season. I had a lot more to do in the episode, so he and I got to work together, which is fantastic. He has so much experience. He’s also a talented writer. That’s what’s really great about collaborating with him, even when you get there on the day, he’s so passionate about the show and wants to massage the dialogue or whatever you need on the day to tell the best story possible.

In the crossover photos, Caitlin appears to no longer be Killer Frost. Can you tease a little bit about that?
Caitlin is struggling with these powers, how to cope with them and how to handle them. In a lot of different ways, she needs help from her friends, so she does get help from friends — both Team Flash and you’ll see her ask an old friend for guidance as well.

What can you tease for what role Caitlin plays for the big team up in the crossover?
She’s still struggling to find her place. I’m not sure she quite knows where she belongs in this world of superheroes. They all are so experienced and really know what they have to contribute. Caitlin is at a loss a little bit more in terms of how she can help.

The logline says a shocking secret is unleashed that causes some trust issues among all these heroes. Does that have anything to do with Flashpoint?
I’m going to be totally honest with you, I’m not a part of all four shows. There’s a storyline that there is a revelation that you learn, I believe, in the Flash episode, and that carries through. I don’t know if it’s Flashpoint-related.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/21/fl ... t-spoilers?

- Danielle Panabaker avisa sobre el arma 'especial' de Killer Frost contra Barry y adelanta la amenaza única de Savitar (TVLine):
Danielle Panabaker avisa sobre el arma 'especial' de Killer Frost contra Barry y adelanta la amenaza única de Savitar
Por Matt Webb Mitovich / 22 Nov 2016, 7:16 AM PST

As if The Flash‘s Barry Allen didn’t already have enough to deal with — between the enigmatic Doctor Alchemy nudging people toward metahuman destinies and now the arrival of “speed god” Savitar — it looks like he is poised to get “frostbitten” by colleague Caitlin Snow.

With Caitlin indeed fighting (but apparently failing) to keep her heretofore latent powers under control, TVLine invited Danielle Panabaker to tease what’s to come in tonight’s Kevin Smith-directed episode “Killer Frost” (airing at 8/7c, on The CW).

TVLINE | We’ve been told that Caitlin will only be consumed by her powers if she keeps using them. Why is not using them so difficult for her?
I think Caitlin is really struggling with eaerning how to navigate her powers. At this point I don’t think she’s quite as finessed as she would like to be, or as much as the rest of Team Flash would like her to be, for their own safety.

TVLINE | Plus, the show keeps finding reasons her to have to bust them out.
You never know!

TVLINE | Team Flashthe-flash-savitar has dealt with several sinister speedsters over the years. What unique threat does Savitar present? Other then being pointy.
He does look very pointy! Savitar is scary, he’s terrifying, and he is so fast. There’s so much unknown about him, and not all of Team Flash can deal with him the same way — if that makes sense.

TVLINE | He’s also a villain that you as the cast don’t get to physically interact with, I imagine, since he’s CG (computer-generated).
Oftentimes, yes. He is currently all-CG. But I do think that sometimes, just in general, the unknown is scarier. Sometimes the things in your imagination are so much scarier than they end up being in person. That’s not necessarily true with Savitar, but….

TVLINE | Right — we’ve only known speedsters as humanoids in rubber suits, but then this guy shows up and he’s nothing we’ve seen before.
And I don’t knowthe-flash-savitar-2 if it was clear, but not everyone sees him in the same way…. [See screen grab at right]

TVLINE | Interesting….. You tweeted out a clip where Caitlin is really ripping into Barry. What’s going on there?
Caitlin is having a rough time! [Laughs] Episodes 6 and 7 technically take place over one night, and I keep joking that that was probably one of the worst nights of Caitlin’s life. She wants to help, but she doesn’t have control of her powers, because they’re so new to her. And when this dark side to Caitlin comes out, she’s pretty angry with Barry because he’s a bit of catalyst for all of this. Had Barry not gone back in time and done Flashpoint, she might not have these powers.

TVLINE | The synopsis says that Caitlin “goes on a rampage looking for Dr. Alchemy.” What’s her beef with him?
I don’t know that she has a “beef” with Alchemy; I think she is looking to him for answers. Alchemy is still sort of thus unknown to Team Flash, but he seems to have some ability to manipulate powers or change metahumans, and I think Caitlin wants to know more.

TVLINE | As Flash directors goFlash Spoilers Killer Frost, what is the special something that Kevin Smith brings?
Kevin is so passionate and so knowledgeable, it’s his enthusiasm that really permeates the set. Every day he is so excited to be there, and that childlike wonder of “Oh my gosh, we are all living our dream!” is contagious, and it makes such a big difference. I wish we could have him around all the time! He has a lot of trust in the actors, that we’ve done our homework and are prepared. One thing that he in particular has is an incredible mastery of storytelling and this ability to finesse the script to help tell the story the best way possible. He also knows what he’s going to use, what he is going to cut to, so he doesn’t waste time…. He’s specific and clear about what he wants.

TVLINE | I speculated in my column last week that Caitlin might actually end up using her powers for good. That maybe in Cisco’s vision, Vibe is the villain and she is trying to fend him off. Is there a scenario where the future brings us not Killer Frost but “Kickass Frost”?
I hope so. I think Caitlin has a long way to go until she gets to that point, though. At this point I see her powers as like a drug. It’s this thing she’s addicted to and it feels incredible, even though it’s wrong and it hurts people.

TVLINE | Will we see her power manifest itself in any new ways? There’s been a lot of frosting things up, icing things over…. Anything else cool to watch for?
“Pun intended”? Sorry, I can’t help that. [Laughs] She’s definitely willing to use whatever she has in her arsenal to get what she wants — and in one scene in particular, she’s got something special up her sleeve for Barry, let’s just say that!

http://tvline.com/2016/11/22/the-flash- ... interview/

- Panabaker sobre la heladora transformación de Caitlin en Killer Frost (CBR):
Panabaker sobre la heladora transformación de Caitlin en Killer Frost
Por Bryan Cairns 22 Nov 2016

Not everyone in Central City wants superpowers, and a founding member of Team Flash is among that number.

Ever since the discovery of Earth-2 exposed the Flash and his friends to a number of their evil doppelgängers, Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker) has been tormented by the possibility that she could transform into the cold-hearted Killer Frost.

After Barry accidentally created the alternate Flashpoint universe, Caitlin began to demonstrate icy abilities, much to her dismay. Rather than receding or becoming more controllable, her powers have continued to grow. Now, Caitlin is terrified her worst fears are coming true.

Ahead of tonight’s episode, “Killer Frost,” Panabaker spoke with CBR about Caitlin’s mutation into the titular character, what it means for Team Flash, and her experiences working with director Kevin Smith. Looking beyond this chapter of her character’s development, Panabaker discussed the CW superhero crossover event, and “The Flash” musical episode.

CBR: When you learned that Barry would be creating this alternate Flashpoint universe, what did that mean to you? How much did the producers clue you in on how it would impact Caitlin?

Danielle Panabaker: Initially, not a whole lot, because I think they were still sort of working it out themselves. One of the great things about this job is there are so many twists and turns. Yes, I play a doctor on a television show, but Caitlin doesn’t always just show up and deliver medical jargon. There’s so much more to her. It’s such a joy to be on a show where I’m excited to read the script each week to see what new challenge they are coming up with.

Caitlin had been harboring this secret about her growing powers. What’s been going through her head as she slowly transforms into Killer Frost?

I think Caitlin is really struggling right now. I think she’s confused and I think she’s scared. Obviously, she met Earth-2’s Killer Frost last season, so she’s terrified that’s her future. Hence, her hesitancy in telling Team Flash. She’s afraid she’s going to have to leave them all to protect them. Those people have certainly become her family, particularly in the loss of her own dad and the absence of her mother. She’s afraid of what could happen and scared and upset. I think there is a bit of anger in there because she didn’t ask for this.

Cisco spilled the beans to the team about Caitlin’s development. It seemed everyone supported her and she was okay with them knowing. So, what sets Caitlin off in tonight’s episode?

I don’t think Caitlin set down this path intentionally. In tonight’s episode, she’s trying to use her powers and trying to be out there and hang out with the big guys. Maybe she’s not quite prepared for that. You’ve seen all the speedsters go through a fair amount of training. Caitlin probably needs some guidance herself.

How much does Caitlin blame Barry for her predicament?

That’s an interesting question. I don’t know if Caitlin Snow walks around every day with anger in her heart. I do think that she is aware of what Barry did and how that affected her life. In her darker moments, she is angry and mad at him. That prompts her to have some bad behavior.

The teaser trailer showcases a few battles. What can viewers expect from Killer Frost’s rumble with Vibe?

The Vibe you saw in last week’s episode is not necessarily going to be a part of this week’s episode. I think that Vibe is actually going to be much further into the future. In terms of her rumble with Cisco/Vibe in episode 7, Cisco is trying to help her. He hates to see his friend in pain; he’s come to help, and she’s not exactly open to it.

Cisco gained superpowers and doesn’t seem the least concerned about turning into his villainous Earth-2 counterpart. Why can’t Caitlin embrace them and pitch in with Team Flash?

Caitlin is a different person. She does have a colder side that has been so hurt by her mother, and again more recently by Zoom, or Hunter Zolomon, or Jay Garrick – or whatever version of him that he actually was. It’s that thing of, what we resist, persists. She is scared that this is going to happen to her, whether it’s rational or not. I think being in captivity with Earth-2’s Killer Frost has affected her as well. Zoom also told her at the end of the last season that there was darkness inside of her. That has stuck with Caitlin.

You were disappointed you didn’t get to spend much time with director Kevin Smith for his episode last season. What was it like working with him this time around and how did Kevin help out with your performance?

It was fantastic. It was truly a dream come true. He is so passionate about his storytelling. He comes to set every day dedicated to making the best show possible, and is an inspiration for the rest of the crew and to the actors. Being an incredible storyteller, and also a fantastic writer, Kevin is great at finessing some of the dialogue on the day, just to make it as cohesive and as powerful of a story as possible.

Looking ahead, how much fun was filming the massive crossover next week, and where does Caitlin fit in?

It was so amazing to film the crossover. I was so impressed they were able to pull it off. It was a treat to see everyone from all the various shows. Caitlin is still struggling in the crossover episode. She’s not really sure where her place is or how to contribute, especially looking around at all these experienced superheroes. She turns to an old friend for some help and guidance.

What else can you tease about Caitlin’s trajectory this season?

We are filming episode 12 right now. I don’t know much beyond 13 and 14. I’m excited to what the rest of the season holds for Caitlin. This is the story I’ve wanted to tell since I joined the show. I’m in no rush to tell it quickly. I’m excited to get to see her journey.

It sounds like a slow burn instead of fixing everything in one hour.

Yes, it’s not like everything is tied up in a pretty little bow at the end of the episode. It’s a process.

Caitlin and Barry belted out some karaoke tunes at one point. What kind of presence are you hoping to have in the musical episode?

I don’t know. I don’t think any of my bosses were particularly impressed by my singing abilities. I’m not sure that’s in the cards. I had asked Carlos [Valdes], who is an incredible musician, “Carlos, will you teach me how to sing?” And he looked at me and said, “Ugh, that would take too much time.” So I’m not sure that’s in the cards for Caitlin.

http://www.cbr.com/danielle-panabaker-t ... ler-frost/?

- Por qué Kevin Smith estaba nerviosos por regresar a dirigir ‘The Flash’ (Variety):
Por qué Kevin Smith estaba nerviosos por regresar a dirigir ‘The Flash’
Por Jacob Bryant 22 Nov 2016

Last season, Kevin Smith reached out to the CW to ask if there was a chance he could direct an episode of “The Flash.” He ended up helming one of the final episodes of Season 2, “The Runaway Dinosaur,” which turned out to be one of the strongest episodes of the show’s sophomore run.

“These gigs to me, I love them to death,” he said to Variety in a recent interview. “I get to exercise any impulse I have to be involved in the caped action and drama — and it keeps me away from those big a– movies which is probably best for everybody.”

Tonight, Smith’s second episode of “The Flash,” titled “Killer Frost,” will air. He says, “When I went back that many months later it was like no time had gone by.”

Here, Smith talks to Variety about returning to “The Flash,” why he was nervous, plus what to expect in tonight’s episode…

What was it like returning to set?

The style of the show is already set. You can’t change that. And all these actors know what they’re doing and know more about their character than any visiting director can possibly know. At the end of the day, there is not much you can bring to it to change it, or ruin it. What I bring to it, which is why I got to come back and also do “Supergirl,” is boundless enthusiasm. I direct that show like I’m a baptist preacher on coke. It’s like where saving the world as much as making an hour of television, and that’s because the subject matter is so close to my heart. The writers do such a fantastic job. They’re soap operas for people like me.

Superhero soap opera is exactly how I explain the show to people.

Absolutely, it’s episodic in nature. The Honest Trailers folks over at ScreenJunkies did a “Flash” trailer for the TV show and they nailed it calling it “Dawson’s Creek” with capes. It’s soap operas for young men, but it stretches beyond that which is what I love about these shows. You don’t have a demographic.

How did you feel about the first episode you directed for “The Flash” in Season 2?

“Runaway Dinosaur” came at a great time. I had been to Sundance in January promoting “Yoga Hosers” — and critics sh-t all over it — and people were going, ‘This f—ing idiot doesn’t know how to direct.’ And then “Runaway Dinosaur” came on, and the tune changed. People said, ‘Oh, this f—ing idiot does know how to direct, he just chooses not to on his own time.’ It bought me a little credibility.

I thought “Runaway Dinosaur” was one of the strongest episodes of a really strong second season. Were you nervous coming back and having to follow it up?

Oh, totally. I was trying to line up all the the ducks in a row to be the exact same experience. I made sure I had my crew again — the folks I shot with the first time — and then Zach Stentz wrote the episode “Runaway Dinosaur” so I said, ‘Zach, you’ve got to write my episode.’ Originally I was supposed to do episode 5, and Zach did write that episode, but I was doing “Yoga Hosers” press and had to miss it. Instead of doing [episode] six, I waited for that odd-numbered crew and did [episode] seven, but I didn’t get to do Zach’s script so I was terrified, thinking, ‘Oh God, Zach was the magic feather and without him this is going to blow.’ So yeah, I was very paranoid.

“Runaway Dinosaur” was an important episode for Barry, and judging by the promos — and the fact that the episode is titled “Killer Frost” — this seems like an equally big episode for Caitlin. Do you prefer the episodes that are more focused on a single character?

I’m happy with whatever they give me. I was happy with “Runaway Dinosaur” because it was so tied into my favorite episode of the show, the Season 1 finale, that it felt like a spiritual sequel. The “Killer Frost” script couldn’t have been more different. “Runaway Dinosaur” played like a Berlanti-verse version of “What Dreams May Come” — it was lyrical, kinda beautiful, had the idea of facing ones own mortality. “Killer Frost” is like a Grisham thriller and a bit of an action movie. The pace that I was going for was “Three Days of the Condor.” That’s lofty, and I never shared that with the cast and crew, but based on the nature of the story, it’s about someone who knows something that no one else does and they’re trying to get this information before anyone else. It allowed me to tell a story that I would never tell in my own world.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-fla ... 201924714/

- Kevin Smith: El episodio de The Killer Frost me preparó para Supergirl (comicbook):
Kevin Smith: El episodio de The Killer Frost me preparó para Supergirl
Por Russ Burlingame 22/11/16

When Kevin Smith -- the veteran comic book writer and famed superhero fan behind Clerks and Dogma -- finally directed his first-ever live-action superhero story in the form of last year's penultimate episode of The Flash, it seemed tailored to his skillset.

The episode -- titled "The Runaway Dinosaur" -- featured Barry in what Smith calls "the Speed Force version of Heaven," where the seemingly-dead hero talked with his dead parents and came to grips with his loss and responsibility before fighting his way back to the land of the living for his big, final showdown with Zoom.

"The episode this time around was more complicated than 'The Runaway Dinosaur,'" Smith told ComicBook.com about tonight's installment. "I realized when we were making 'Killer Frost' that I had made an atypical episode of The Flash last time, inasmuch as there wasn't a f--kton of action. There wasn't a lot of running around or spectacle. All of it was kind of dialogue exchanges between characters...so it wasn't a typical Flash episode. 'Killer Frost,' there's effects galore in this episode."

Smith praised Armen Kevorkian, who handles the visual effects on The Flash, saying that the VFX contributions to The Flash are so important that Kevorkian and his team could likely be given as much credit as the directors themselves for crafting what audiences see week to week.

For his part, he says, he's glad to have such a support network, because it allows him to tell the kind of stories that he's long claimed he wouldn't be equipped for (but fans often ask about).

"The kind of movies I make don't call for that kind of storytelling, so I got to do that kind of storytelling here and flex that kind of muscle," Smith said. "But thank God I got to do that 'Killer Frost' episode, because then I was a bit more prepared for showing up at Supergirl."

"If I'd just gone from 'The Runaway Dinosaur' to 'Supergirl Lives,' my brain would have broke, and I probably would have quit like two or three days in: 'It's too hard, it's too much, everything's green screen!'" He continued. "But having been on The Flash for a very Flash-y episode -- I'm telling you, it begins right as we left off in the last episode, with Wally in the coccoon, Savitar showing up, Joe and the Central City Police either held captive or killed -- right off the bat, the script says "we come in hot," and boy we do. It's almost like we come back from a commercial break, not a week off, and from that moment forward, it's a pretty breathless episode once we dive into the Killer Frost of it all."

Smith, of course, was pretty impressed by Supergirl's visual effects, posting a Facebook video showing fans how Melissa Benoist flies.

"I cannot say enough amazing things about Kevin Smith," Benoist told reporters during the aforementioned set visit. "I"ve been a fan of his for ages, so I was really anticipating working with him and so excited about it, and he just exceeded all of my expectations." She added that he's "truly intuitive" about superhero fiction and that his feedback is invaluable.

The Flash airs Tuesday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Smith's episode, "Killer Frost," premieres tonight.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/11/22/kevi ... red-me-fo/

- Kevin Smith dice que lo que The Flash realmente le hizo a la línea temporal hará que nos estalle la cabeza (comicbook):
Kevin Smith dice que lo que The Flash realmente le hizo a la línea temporal hará que nos estalle la cabeza
Por Matthew Mueller 22/11/16

Barry's actions in season 2 are still being felt to a large degree in season 3 of The Flash, but fans still haven't seen the extent of the damage the well-intentioned speedster caused.

Director Kevin Smtih, who was at the helm of tonight's episode Killer Frost, was asked what he thought about the Flashpoint episode that kicked off the season during a recent Facebook Live. He rates that episode in particular pretty high amongst the show's best, but he also revealed that fans haven't seen anything yet in regards to the ramifications of Barry's time traveling.

"I loved it. I thought, it's actually one of my top five favorite episodes of the show ever was this season's premiere of The Flashpoint episode. You know, Rancid like, other people were like "Aw man, I wish they'd done the Flashpoint from the comics". Well, they can't, but I like what they've done with this Flashpoint. It sets up the entire season and wait until you see where it goes, and I know where it's going. You're gonna love, like they're gonna have their own identity now as Flashpoint, you know, instead of people just going "well Flashpoint! We know what that is, this is the Geoff Johns story from the comics". Now Flashpoint's going to be known for something else completely different by the time the season's done because wait until you see what Barry really did to the timeline. It's going to blow your mind folks!"

As to what that means, it's anyone's guess. Barry might've caused even further damage to the future, or perhaps he caused a rupture to the very fabric of time. Things should start to come a bit more into focus tonight and in the upcoming Invasion! crossover, though before they can get to the bottom of that they have to stop their friend from turning into a psychotic villain. Killer Frost picks up right where the last episode left off, which includes a closer look at season 3's big bad Savitar. You can view the official description for the episode below.

“KEVIN SMITH DIRECTS; KILLER FROST EMERGES — Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) uses her powers to save Barry (Grant Gustin) but as her mother predicted, the effort unleashes her inner Killer Frost. Killer Frost goes on a rampage looking for Dr. Alchemy, kidnapping Julian (Tom Felton) and battling both The Flash and Vibe (Carlos Valdes). Meanwhile, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and H.R. (Tom Cavanagh) have a heart to heart.”

The Flash airs Tuesday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.

http://comicbook.com/2016/11/22/kevin-s ... ine-will-/

- Danielle Panabaker habla del episodio de 'Killer Frost' (accesshollywood):
Danielle Panabaker habla del episodio de 'Killer Frost'
Por Jolie Lash 22 Nov, 2016 9:57 AM PST

There's a chill in the air at S.T.A.R. Labs on Tuesday night's "The Flash," as Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker) struggles to keep her villainous side -- Killer Frost -- at bay.

After using her developing metahuman abilities to save Barry Allen, Caitlin's icy powers start to take over (just like her mother, Dr. Tanhaueser, predicted), pushing her toward becoming Killer Frost.

" think that these powers are a little bit like a drug for her and I think she becomes addicted to them," Danielle Panabaker said, when AccessHollywood.com asked the actress what it is about the powers that makes her character turn evil. "And I think there is an element of it that feels so good to her, even though on another level she does know that what she's doing is wrong."

Killer Frost was briefly introduced at the end of Season 1, and was featured more prominently in several scenes on Earth 2 in the second season.

Asked if she learned early on in Season 3 that the character was returning, Danielle said she wasn't told right away, but was thrilled when she found out.

"They've released some photos – there's a new Killer Frost outfit, and I didn't know that that was happening until I got called for a fitting," she said. "It's something that we had talked about and I thought that there was a moment maybe at the end of Season 2 where it might happen and then it didn't, so I was always just crossing my fingers waiting to read each script."

With her powers taking root, in Tuesday's episode Caitlin Snow goes on the hunt for Dr. Alchemy. But, as for why exactly, Danielle could only confirm that it will be explained in the episode.

Her character will also kidnap Julian (Tom Felton) in the episode.

To try and help their friend return to normal, the team will get involved.

In one scene from the trailer, Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) tries to appeal to the goodness inside his pal to get her to come out of her frosty shell.

"I think he cares about Caitlin and he wants to help her with whatever's going on with her," Danielle said, when asked to describe the Caitlin/Barry interactions in Tuesday's episode. "I mean, obviously, based on her explosion in Episode 6, she's struggling and having a hard time and it wasn't her decision to tell the team. She wasn't ready. So, he, I think, is trying to look out for her and take care of her, and hopefully, help her through this difficult time."

Kevin Smith stepped behind the lens to direct Tuesday's new episode.

"He's just a joy to have around," Danielle said of the director.

The actress said she was thrilled when she found out Kevin was directing "Killer Frost."

"I didn't get to work with Kevin very much when he came on our show last season, so I was excited just to get to work with him, and on top of that, to have someone who is such an expert in all things comic book sort of guiding me through this incredible episode was really such a gift," she said.

"The Flash" continues Tuesday at 8/7 on The CW.

https://www.accesshollywood.com/article ... t-episode/

- Kevin Smith adelanta el rápido episodio de esta noche de "The Flash" y elogia a Danielle Panabaker y Armen Kevorkian (comicbook):

Kevin Smith adelanta el rápido episodio de esta noche de "The Flash" y elogia a Danielle Panabaker y Armen Kevorkian
Por Russ Burlingame 22/11/2016

What does filmmaker Kevin Smith want fans to know about his latest episode of The Flash, "Killer Frost," which debuts in less than an hour?

"It's almost like a spy thriller," Smith told ComicBook.com during a conversation yesterday. "It's almost like a Grisham thriller, this episode. I keep comparing it to Three Days of the Condor, even though it's not really a spy thing at all. But it's got the pace of that and the immediacy of that."

Smith said that the episode had a breathless pace, and that while it picks up from last week's cliffhanger (the introduction of Savitar), it quickly finds a distinct identity from last week's episode and doesn't let up.

To make it happen, he said, there was a lot that fell on two sets of shoulders in particular: visual effects coordinator Armen Kevorkian, who often had to create something out of what was essentially an empty shot, and actress Danielle Panabaker, who plays Caitline Snow/Killer Frost.

"It was fun on set to be playing with Danielle, because I didn't get to play with Danielle that much on 'The Runaway Dinosaur,'" Smith said, referring to his season 2 episode. "This episode was a lot of Danielle because it's a Caitlin-centric episode since it's Killer Frost. We got to do the fun stuff, like 'Okay, when you're about to make the ice, throw your hands up really high.' Always trying to compose a splash page, if you will. Seeing what Armen had done with it, it just proves: do your job full-out. Don't ever hold back. Somebody will be inspired by it and take it to the next level. So you take a little extra time to go, 'throw that hands up really high! Go against your instincts and overplay it because it's going to be so badass!' and it did. He took that raw footage and the cold that he comes of her hands is so beautiful, painted so beautiful. When I saw the commercial spots, I was like 'Oh, my God, he understood what I was going for and he improved upon it.'"

"I've watched the 'Killer Frost' episode so many times, not just as a professional but as a Flash fan," Smith said. "There's so much information and so many moments; I was gifted with a script that has a lot of stuff going on."

You can check out the official synopsis below:

“KEVIN SMITH DIRECTS; KILLER FROST EMERGES — Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) uses her powers to save Barry (Grant Gustin) but as her mother predicted, the effort unleashes her inner Killer Frost. Killer Frost goes on a rampage looking for Dr. Alchemy, kidnapping Julian (Tom Felton) and battling both The Flash and Vibe (Carlos Valdes). Meanwhile, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and H.R. (Tom Cavanagh) have a heart to heart.”

The Flash airs Tuesday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.

http://comicbook.com/2016/11/23/kevin-s ... lash-prai/

- Kevin Smith Revela las estrellas invitadas de los episodios de The Flash y Supergirl (comicbook):

Kevin Smith Revela las estrellas invitadas de los episodios de The Flash y Supergirl
Por Matthew Mueller 22/11/2016

Kevin Smith has had the opportunity to work within the CW DC universe a few times now, and every time he's managed to share the wealth and bring along a friend.

In Smith's first episode last season, Runaway Dinosaur, he was able to feature fan favorite Jason Mewes in multiple spots. When he got the nod to direct another episode of The Flash this season, many expected Mewes to show up once more, but that is surpassingly not the case. In Smith's latest Facebook Live, he reveals just who will be making an appearance on his "Killer Frost" episode of The Flash.

"Sadly Jason didn’t come back this episode, but I brought another friend with me, man. Like so far each time they let me bring somebody. That one I didn’t even try to bring Jay. That was Andrews idea, Andrew Kreisberg. He was like “do you think your friend would want to do this?”, and I was like do you think he’d want to do this? I’m surprised he hasn’t already come into this office and, well normally I’d tell a really dirty story here. In any event, so Andrew’s idea was to bring in Jason, I can’t even take credit for that. My second episode of Flash, there was an open role for a police detective, and so a friend of mine Ralph Garmin, who I do Hollywood Babylon with, he was the guy I was like oh my god Ralph would love this, he watches all these shows, but he was working on Kevin and Bean, he does the morning show in Los Angeles on KROQ, and one of the two, Kevin or Bean, were off so Ralph had to stay and he couldn’t come play up in Vancouver. So I turned to another friend of mine, a dude who you know as my co-host on Geeking Out, Greg Grunberg, Gruney himself man, who you’ve seen in The Force Awakens Snap Wexley, who you know from Heroes Matt Parkman, who you know from Lost the guy who crashed the plane, he was the pilot. He used to be on Alias, Felicity and stuff like that. So Gruney is in this episode."

Smith will also be at the helm of an upcoming episode of Supergirl, and this time he was able to fit in some family.

"And then on the Supergirl episode, I just directed I got to bring my kid. Harley's in it as well. The script called for it, I didn't just say "put her in!", the script called for like a 17-year-old kid. I was like "oh my god! I literally have a 17-year-old kid of my own that I own" so she got to be in the episode, which is huge because she loves the show. You've never seen so much crying like I cried when I was done with Supergirl because I'm an emotional guy and I love the show, but my kid like she was dragged off that set with her fingernails in the dirt man."

The "Killer Frost" episode of The Flash airs on The CW tonight.

http://comicbook.com/2016/11/22/kevin-s ... girl-epis/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Póster promocional del 3.08 "Invasion" y banner del crossover:

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow | "4 Night Crossover Event w/ Final Fantasy" Promo:

- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow | "4 Night Crossover Event" Promo #3:

- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow | "4 Night Crossover Event" 2 Minutes Promo:

- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow | "4 Night Crossover Event" Extended Promo:
https://twitter.com/TheCW/status/802557562587463680

- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow | "DC Week Crossover" - Melissa Benoist Interview:
https://twitter.com/TheCWSupergirl/stat ... 4694267904

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Las estrellas de Arrow, Flash, y Supergirl explican la magia que los hace elevarse (EW):
Las estrellas de Arrow, Flash, y Supergirl explican la magia que los hace elevarse
Por Jeff Jensen & Natalie Abrams 28 Nov 2016 — 11:50 AM EST

Once upon a time, Christopher Reeve put on a cape and made us believe a man can fly.

On this blustery October afternoon, Melissa Benoist, star of Supergirl, is about to prove that a woman in a suit can soar too.

We’re on the set of the most comic-booky thing you’ll see on TV this year, an epic team-up of superheroes culled from The CW’s spinner rack of graphic-novel pop: Arrow, The Flash, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and yes, the one about the strange visitor from another planet who’s faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to shatter glass ceilings in a single bound. The story that weaves through the four-night crossover event (beginning Nov. 28 on Supergirl) involves a meaner type of alien: the Dominators, mind-controlling space invaders alarmed by Earth’s surging population of metahumans. Concerned about our culture’s superhero glut? Apparently you’re not alone.

Exactly 15 characters from four shows — all produced by small-screen powerhouse Greg Berlanti — have assembled in an airplane hangar outside Vancouver. It’s doubling for an aeronautics facility that’s part of S.T.A.R. Labs, but special effects will later remodel this big bland box to slyly evoke an iconic piece of cartoon architecture: the Hall of Justice from the 1970s Super Friends series. Almost none of the avengers assembled are wearing their costumes (laundry day, I guess), but their civilian attire allows the one with the big red S on her chest to make an impression.

In the scene, the Flash’s alter ego, Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), is introducing Supergirl to his fellow freedom fighters after fetching the Maiden of Might from her alternate-reality Earth. There’s another, implied layer of significance to this ceremonious meet-and-greet: Supergirl, which aired on CBS last season, is new to The CW this year, and so the moment represents a welcoming party, albeit one that plays like a confirmation hearing. Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), a.k.a. Green Arrow, and his right-hand man, John “Spartan” Diggle (David Ramsey), stand with arms folded, wanting to know what makes Supergirl so super. She launches into the air, hovers, and descends. “I’m convinced,” says Diggle.

In actuality, the stunt is more complicated than that, and less graceful, too. It requires hoisting Benoist into the air as she jumps using a harness and pulley hanging from the rafters. Off timing results in some awkward effects, and it takes a few tries to get a shot in which she isn’t listing and wobbling. The hardest part for Benoist? The all-star squadron of spectators. “I’m usually in the comfort zone of my own set, where we have a system down. So to do it in front of all these people in a different place, I was nervous,” she says. “It took a little dialing-in to get it down.” Judging from the admiring gazes of her fellow actors, Benoist sold the illusion.

“I was geeking out,” says Candice Patton (The Flash’s Iris West), who was on set for this moment and idolized Catwoman and Supergirl as a kid. “It’s so cool, especially as a girl, and a young girl who grew up looking up to those characters.”

The elevating success of Supergirl is equally appreciated among the less-colorful suits who run The CW. This season, the shows that constitute the so-called Arrowverse anchor four nights of programming, potently expressing the brand identity cultivated by network president Mark Pedowitz: high-concept, serialized genre soaps engineered for intense emotional investment. “We’re not just a home for superheroes, but we’re very proud to have them,” he says.

The Arrowverse has an alternate moniker, the Berlantiverse, named after the producer who presides over it, and he has some feelings about the term. “I object to it, to be honest. There are just so many people that are also part of this,” says Berlanti, 44, whose prodigious output began with Everwood in 2002 and currently includes Blindspot on NBC. “Plus, you never want anything named after you that people could be upset or angry about.”

Produced in collaboration with Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg, Berlanti’s small-screen treatments of Warner Bros.’ DC Comics properties offer an alternative — some might argue a correction — to the studio’s big-screen superhero pop, including the apocalyptic heavy metal of Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel flicks and the bubblegum nihilism of David Ayer’s Suicide Squad. All heightened-reality serials wrestle with tone and indulge darkness to stay interesting, and Berlanti’s shows are no exception. Still, the Arrowverse actually likes superheroes, believes in superheroes, and knows how to have fun with them — and critique them — without deconstructing them to smithereens. They possess the levity of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (still the genre’s gold standard), and the progressiveness of its best TV offerings (Jessica Jones, Luke Cage), but they have a more carefree embrace of melodrama and whimsy.

And more so than ever, the Arrowverse has been hitting the creative bull’s-eye this fall. The Flash, Arrow, and Legends are bouncing back after rocky seasons, and Supergirl has been soaring after launching a genuinely credible, compelling, and charismatic Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) and giving the Arrowverse its first lesbian series regular when Kara’s stepsister, Alex (Chyler Leigh), came out last week. Each show has a singular identity, but they all share winning values that are shaping the tenor of new-century superheroes. Those qualities, Berlanti says, begin here:

1. THEY HAVE A SILVER-AGE SOUL

The rise of the Arrowverse lies in the ruin of another superhero dream. In 2007, Berlanti, Guggenheim, and Michael Green (Heroes) wrote a film script that would become Green Lantern starring Ryan Reynolds. Their reference point was the Silver Age of comics, the midcentury renaissance that rebooted Golden Age characters, launched a Marvel revolution, and injected modernist themes — irreverence, psychological angst, social concerns, space-age wonder, and atomic-age anxiety — into the fantasy. But their vision was muddied when Berlanti lost the director’s job to Martin Campbell and the script was rewritten. After collecting more learning experiences on TV projects including the short-lived ABC show No Ordinary Family, Berlanti and Guggenheim pitched Arrow to Warner Bros. Their previous flameout taught them to insist on three things: “Control, control, and control,” says Guggenheim.

Arrow was a savvy cornerstone upon which to build a shared universe. The saga of a vengeful vigilante fitfully transforming into a more virtuous superhero, Arrow belonged to the Dark Knight moment but represented a slow pivot away from it, too. In 2014, Berlanti used Arrow to launch The Flash and broaden the possibilities of his storytelling. His interest in the character reveals a lot about his geek sensibilities. He fell for the Scarlet Speedster via Crisis on Infinite Earths, a comic crossover extravaganza first published in 1985 involving hundreds of characters, a mysterious big bad, and a cosmic plot with world-shattering stakes. Most fanboys remember Crisis as the mother of all reboots. Berlanti loved it as a thing unto itself, a crazy, sprawling, life-or-death melodrama. When it comes to managing the Arrowverse, “that’s my touchstone,” he says.

2. THEY AREN’T AFRAID OF SOAP OPERA

The Arrowverse is steeped in genuine relationship drama, something that has distinguished all of Berlanti’s work since his days as a writer on Dawson’s Creek. But this, too, is very comic-compatible. While other Hollywood geeks take the antihero masterpieces of Alan Moore (Watchmen) and Frank Miller (Sin City) as influences, Guggenheim and Kreisberg pull from sources before the medium’s adult-skewing age: the team comics of the early ’80s — Fantastic Four, The Uncanny X-Men, and The New Teen Titans — tales of makeshift families fraught with dysfunction and romance. “Those were my soaps,” says Kreisberg, adding he still tears up recalling The New Teen Titans #50, when Dick Grayson confronts Bruce Wayne at Donna Troy’s wedding about why he never adopted him back in the Batman and Robin days.

The emphasis on team dynamics — an idea inspired by Buffy the Vampire Slayer, says Berlanti — does more than generate sudsy feels. It leads to a nuanced, humane kind of superhero fantasy that subverts its queasiest aspect, the all-about-me wish fulfillment. The current season of The Flash began with Barry abusing his speed to change his tragic history, only to create a timeline that leads to loss for his friends and disenfranchised countless others. How does he respond? How does his community respond? This kind of story — a timely, woke allegory about power, privilege, guilt, atonement, and reconciliation — illuminates the third rail that charges Berlanti’s shows…

3. THEY’RE ABOUT SOMETHING

Ask Peter Roth, president of Warner Bros. Television, why Berlanti was ideal for Arrow, and he recalls the origin story of their relationship. “I read the script for Everwood on a Saturday in November of 2001, right after 9/11, and I thought it was such a brilliant metaphor and antidote for what was going on in our country,” says Roth. “My belief in him, along with one of the most compelling pitches I’ve ever heard, led to Arrow.”

Berlanti — openly gay, politically liberal, a father — continues to express his worldview and attitudes about diversity, equal rights, and justice through the Arrowverse. Legends of Tomorrow, an adventure about a motley band of time travelers, opened the season with its heroes averting a history-warping catastrophe by producing a smaller change: convincing Albert Einstein to publicly acknowledge the contributions of his wife to his work. This season Arrow is building toward a story in which Oliver Queen — who’s not only back to being a killer but is now also the mayor of Star City — will have to confront the consequences of his morally murky war on crime and terror. In a timely move, Supergirl recently introduced a female president, played by original Wonder Woman Lynda Carter. “These shows have to work on multiple levels,” says Berlanti. “You want them to be enjoyable. But if they’re not about something, why are you showing up to work every day and asking everybody to pour their heart and soul into a story if it’s only about the Flash fighting a villain of the week?”

As resonant as the Arrowverse has been, the immense imagination and spectacular ambitions of Berlanti’s shows will always be frustrated by limited time and resources. The clock could be ticking on the series that started it all: Stephen Amell thinks Arrow is at a crossroads following a tonally turbulent season 4. “We’re either going to do what we do and do it well, or it’s the last year,” he says. “If we find that magic formula — which is not magic, it’s just hard work and playing to your strengths — then the show could go on for a really long time.” Meanwhile, Berlanti continues to plot bold moves. Coming later this season: a Supergirl-Flash musical crossover. “We’ve always gone with our gut, and if we’ve liked it, we’ve been a little fearless about it,” he says. “We certainly made errors along the way. But that’s been part of the fun, too.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/28/ar ... over-story?

- Marc Guggenheim adelanta el Mega-Crossover, Celebrando el episodio 100 de ‘Arrow’ (Variety):
Marc Guggenheim adelanta el Mega-Crossover, Celebrando el episodio 100 de ‘Arrow’
Por Jacob Bryant 29 Nov, 2016 | 11:48AM PT

When “Arrow” debuted in 2012, who knew it would become the launchpad to an enormous shared universe across four shows? The first show began by introducing Barry Allen in its second season, before “The Flash” became it’s own show. Then the two shows pulled off their first crossover in 2014, and last year “Arrow” and “The Flash” crossed over again while simultaneously launching a third show, “Legends of Tomorrow.”

Now, in what has become an annual end-of-year event, the Arrowverse is poised to pull off its biggest crossover yet with “Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Legends of Tomorrow” and the CW’s newest addition, “Supergirl.”

Variety spoke with executive producer Marc Guggenheim about the stress of planning a four-show crossover, celebrating “Arrow’s” 100th episode and more…

Two years ago was the first crossover; last year, the crossover launched a new show; this year, it’s a three-part crossover with four shows. Are you just trying to find new ways to make these crossovers more complicated every year?

It certainly seems to be what we’re doing. Every year we pull it off and it’s a small miracle, and then the next year we try to find a way to increase the degree of difficulty. Truth be told, the whole thing is really an exercise in insanity and we just keep making it harder and harder and harder on ourselves.

How difficult was it to schedule everything this year across the four shows?

It was definitely hard. The thing we learned from last year was ways to make scheduling more efficient. One thing we did this year was we built two shutdown days into “Flash” and “Arrow” and “Legends.” What that did was alleviate some of the pressure. It didn’t solve all of our scheduling problems by any stretch of the imagination, but it did improve the efficiency of things. From what I’ve been told from the actors, the scheduling actually went smoother this year than last year.

Did you get to be on set when everyone was there and suited up?

No! I wasn’t unfortunately. I tend to go up for the prep. It’s in the prep that I feel I can do the most good — or the most damage.

Why choose the Dominators as the villain for the crossover?

For us, it didn’t start out so much as, “Well let’s do the Dominators,” but it started out as us knowing we wanted an external threat — something that wasn’t tied to the mythology, or big bads, of any of the shows. We wanted it to be something that came outside the four shows to threaten the heroes and the world. From there, we landed on aliens invading, and when you’re in the DC Universe and you talk about aliens, our heads immediately went to “Invasion!” which was a story that didn’t introduce the Dominators, but popularized them.

Aliens are a big focus in “Supergirl,” but not so much with the other shows. How do the characters in “Flash,” “Arrow” and “Legends” react?

They all handle it a little differently. For a lot of these characters, they’ve reached the point where they’ve dealt with time travel, parallel universes and super powers, so were aliens that much of a leap? In the case of the crossover, I think Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) has the most visceral response to aliens. For him, it might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back, or the bridge to far, for him.

It’s also “Arrow’s” 100th episode. Did that add even more pressure to the crossover?

Yeah — to the point where we were wondering if it was even going to be possible. Greg [Berlanti] came up with a really terrific device that could only be done with the crossover, but works perfectly with the 100th episode of “Arrow” that really allowed us to have our cake and eat it too.

What kind of an impact do the new recruits in “Arrow” play in the crossover?

The recruits play a pretty large role in the crossover — probably a little larger role than people are expecting. You would think that with all of these different characters that the recruits would take a back seat, but they’re right there front and center. One of the fun things was seeing their reactions. I think Wild Dog’s (Rick Gonzalez) reaction is priceless.

Nate just got his costume last week in “Legends” and this is his first major team-up. How does he handle it?

In many respects, he’s got a pretty calm demeanor about it. In some respects, when you have all these characters, you kind of have to pick your spots. You don’t want to have this montage of characters standing there with their mouth agape. Thea (Willa Holland) and Diggle’s (David Ramsey) reaction, because they come from the most grounded show of the three, they tend to get most of those moments.

This is the first time the Legends have been back in 2016 since Flashpoint. Do they notice anything funky?

Yeah. Stein (Victor Garber) is going to notice something pretty funky, to use your word, when they get back.

Speaking of Stein, does the issue of the message from future Barry get brought up?

You’re going to hear more of the message, yes.

Would you consider doing another four-show crossover in the future, or do you want to keep them a little smaller going forward?

Truth be told, I think that’s something that is more up to the network and the audience. If there’s an appetite for it from the fans and from the network, I would think that next year we could do a proper four-part crossover.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/cw-cros ... 201928834/

- Andrew Kreisberg revela su equipo favorito del crossover de los superhéroes de la CW (CBR):
Andrew Kreisberg revela su equipo favorito del crossover de los superhéroes de la CW
Por Albert Ching 29 Nov 2016

A major part of the promise of any crossover is seeing characters interact who don’t normally get to share scenes. That certainly wasn’t lost on Andrew Kreisberg — an executive producer on “Supergirl,” “The Flash,” “Arrow” and “Legends of Tomorrow” — when approaching The CW’s “Invasion!” crossover between the four DC Comics-based superhero shows.

When asked by CBR during a Q&A Monday at The CW’s Burbank headquarters for his favorite meeting between unfamiliar characters in the crossover, Kreisberg picked the combination of what he dubbed “the most pure and good of heart” and “the biggest malcontent psychopath” — respectively Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and Heat Wave (Dominic Purcell), a former villain on “The Flash” turned series regular on “Legends of Tomorrow.” A glimpse of their dynamic was already seen last week in a promotional video (check out the clip below starting at around the 0:56 mark), with fans getting a kick out of their awkward meeting seen in full on tonight’s episode of “The Flash.” (Heat Wave: “I burned my family alive, and I like to light things on fire.” Supergirl: “That’s a… colorful back story.”)

“Watching Supergirl deal with Heat Wave was a lot of fun to write,” Kreisberg told CBR. “It’s not a stretch to see that Kara would get along with Barry, Sara, Ray, that group. But watching the two of them have to deal with each other? Those scenes were even longer, because you just start writing and the dialogue comes to you. They’re such polar opposites, it’s so easy to watch them play off of each other. That was probably the one that was the most fun for me, especially because I don’t get to do a lot of writing on ‘Legends.’ To get to sit down and write Mick Rory again, and have him [interact] with Kara, that was probably the most fun writing I got to do on the crossover.”

The “Invasion!” crossover is based on a 1988-1989 DC Comics story of the same name by Keith Giffen, Bill Mantlo, Todd McFarlane and Bart Sears. Like the comics series, this week’s crossover is centered around an alien race known as The Dominators attacking Earth — which brings together the heroes of all four shows (including Supergirl, who, as fans knows, lives on a separate Earth).

Following a short prelude in Monday’s “Supergirl,” the crossover continues tonight at 8 on The CW with “The Flash,” then tomorrow at 8 p.m. on “Arrow,” before concluding Thursday at 8 p.m. with “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.”

http://www.cbr.com/the-flash-ep-reveals ... crossover/?

- El Crossover de DC de la CW: ¿Por qué The Dominators? (ksitetv):
El Crossover de DC de la CW: ¿Por qué The Dominators?
Por Craig Byrne 29 Nov, 2016 Craig Byrne

This week’s DC Comics show crossover on The CW kicks into high gear with The Flash tonight, and many might be wondering how the shows’ producers landed upon using the alien Dominators from DC’s Invasion! crossover as the threat that the heroes unite to defeat.

Speaking to press yesterday, Arrow and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim discussed the genesis of the idea.

“It was Greg [Berlanti]’s idea to do the Dominators,” Guggenheim told the room. “I don’t want to speak for Greg, but I think the way it came out was we all collectively wanted the superheroes to face an external threat. And by external, I don’t mean extraterrestrial, I mean not a Big Bad from one of the shows; rather, a threat that came from outside of the shows. Greg just walked in one day and was like, ‘Let’s do Invasion!‘ I think we both had the exact same twin reactions: that’s totally awesome and oh my God, how the hell are we going to do that?” he recalled.

invasion1“I’m a big fan of that particular series and I’m a big Bill Mantlo fan,” Guggenheim said, referencing the prolific comic book writer of the 1970s and 1980s who was sadly struck down by a hit and run driver in 1992. In addition to creating or co-creating such characters as Marvel’s Rocket Raccoon and the soon-to-be-a-Freeform-TV-series Cloak and Dagger, Mantlo was the writer of the original comic book Invasion! and his brother, Michael Mantlo, continues to care for his brother, who was forever damaged from the accident. BillMantlo.com has details on how fans can support Bill Mantlo’s care. “That particular series looms very large in my personal estimation,” Guggenheim says.

The Dominators do not have their robes that were worn in the original comics – visual effects-wise, that would be very time consuming – but the finished product does look very cool, which audiences will see tonight on The Flash.

http://www.ksitetv.com/green-arrow/cws- ... rs/132020/

- Guggenheim & Kreisberg explican por qué 'Invasion!' era la historia adecuada para el Crossover de la CW (CBR):
Guggenheim & Kreisberg explican por qué 'Invasion!' era la historia adecuada para el Crossover de la CW
Por Albert Ching 29 Nov 2016

This week, millions of viewers will watch The CW’s crossover between its four DC Comics-based superhero shows — “Supergirl,” “The Flash,” “Arrow” and “Legends of Tomorrow” — but if you’re not a longtime DC Comics fan, you’re likely not familiar with the story that inspired it.

This week’s crossover, titled “Invasion!,” is loosely adapted from a 1988-1989 DC Comics event series of the same name, from the creative team of Keith Giffen, Bill Mantlo, Todd McFarlane and Bart Sears. That story presented the alien Dominators, seen previously as “Legion of Super-Heroes” villains, as the leaders of an alliance of invaders, with Earth’s superheroes stepping up to save their planet. According to “Arrow” and “Legends” executive producer Marc Guggenheim, the decision to adapt “Invasion!” came directly from Greg Berlanti, the executive producer of all four shows participating in the crossover.

“It was Greg’s idea to do the Dominators,” Guggenheim told press including CBR during a Q&A Monday at The CW’s Burbank headquarters. “We all collectively wanted the superheroes to face an external threat. By external, I don’t mean extraterrestrial, I just mean not a big bad from one of the shows, but rather a threat that came from outside of the shows. Greg just walked in one day — ‘Let’s do Invasion!’ I think [Andrew Kreisberg and I] both had the exact same reaction: ‘That’s totally awesome’ and ‘Oh my god, how the hell are we going to do that?'”

“Invasion!” provided a special challenge for Guggenheim and Kreisberg (also an executive producer on all four of CW’s DC-based shows), who are both major comic book fans and comic book writers themselves — Guggenheim was announced this week as the writer of Marvel’s “X-Men Gold” series. Guggenheim was particularly excited to be adapting the work of Bill Mantlo, a veteran writer and the co-creator of Rocket Raccoon, who suffered permanent brain damage after being struck by a car in 1992.

“I’m a huge fan of [‘Invasion!’], and I’m a huge Bill Mantlo fan,” Guggenheim said. “That was Bill Mantlo’s first work at DC Comics after decades at Marvel, so that particular series looms very large in my personal estimation.”
Invasion!

According to both producers, the crossover was originally conceived as hewing closer to its source material, including in the visual depiction of the Dominators themselves.

“We originally had designed Dominators with the green robes that were very iconic of the comic,” Guggenheim said. “When we decided to do all the Dominators full CG, the robes had to go away, because the presence of the robes made animating them prohibitively impossible.”

“There was discussions about the size of their circles, and how that was indicative of where they stood in the caste system,” Kreisberg said. “I’m sorry some of that stuff went away, just because it was great flavor, and I think the people who are fans of the original comic book would have seen a lot more of our joy at adapting ‘Invasion!’ in there, but to get these down to the proper time, that’s the kind of stuff that tends to fall by the wayside.”

Following a short prelude in Monday’s “Supergirl,” “Invasion!” continues tonight at 8 on The CW with “The Flash,” then tomorrow at 8 p.m. on “Arrow,” before concluding Thursday at 8 p.m. with “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

http://www.cbr.com/guggenheim-kreisberg ... crossover/?

- Productor ejecutivo de The Flash habla sobre el giro futuro del crossover, Wally y el hacer equipo con con H.R. (TVLine):
Productor ejecutivo de The Flash habla sobre el giro futuro del crossover, Wally y el hacer equipo con con H.R.
Por Vlada Gelman / 29 Nov 2016, 6:00 PM PST

Warning: The following contains spoilers from Tuesday night’s The Flash

The Flash continued The CW’s #DCWeek crossover event in earnest on Tuesday night with mind-controlled heroes and some big changes for the West kids.

Let’s start with this alarming mystery: Are Barry and Iris no longer destined to get married? The guilt-ridden speedster shared with Oliver his concerns that all his timeline tinkering may have changed the course of his relationship with his longtime love. The two are (finally) a couple in the present, but that newspaper article from 2024 about The Flash’s disappearance, to be written by Iris West-Allen? The byline now carries a different reporter’s name.

That revelation is “going to have further complications,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg teases.

Elsewhere in the hour, Joe and Iris tried to keep Wally’s above-average speedster test results under wraps in an effort to keep him from running toward danger. But when Oliver and Barry found themselves under attack from their own friends, courtesy of the alien enemy’s mind-bending powers, Wally sped to the crimefighters’ aid. While Kid Flash got hurt during the rescue mission, his abilities caught the eye of H.R. Wells, who eventually agreed to train the lad.

As you can imagine, that partnership “will not go well,” Kreisberg previews with a laugh. But seemingly superfluous team member H.R. proves his worth in the process.

“He is a genius in his own way,” the EP explains. “He’s not a mathematical genius, and he’s not a physics genius the way the other Wellses were. He has the capacity to see other people’s talent and how to mine it and how to grow it. He sees that in Wally. Like he says in an upcoming episode, there’s nothing in it for him to help Wally, but he sees that Wally is special and that’s where he can shine, in helping other people discover their own value and develop their own gifts.”

As the two work together to hone the speedster’s skills, H.R. and Wally will develop “an interesting relationship” that parallels the show’s past mentor/mentee duos.

“A version of Wells was so important to Barry in Season 1, and a version of Wells was so important to Cisco in Season 2,” Kreisberg notes. “Then this year, it’s Wally who gets this version of Wells that, on the face of it, may not be the world’s greatest teacher, and yet every episode, we find that moment for him to drop this wisdom bomb on everybody else that shocks them.”

http://tvline.com/2016/11/29/the-flash- ... newspaper/

- Jefe de ‘The Flash’ habla sobre las repercusiones del Crossover y de la condenada asociación de Wally & Wells (collider):
Jefe de ‘The Flash’ habla sobre las repercusiones del Crossover y de la condenada asociación de Wally & Wells
Por Craig Byrne 30 Nov 2016

Last night’s episode of The Flash was the first full-on episode in The CW’s “Invasion!” crossover tying together all four of the network’s DC Comics superhero shows; in addition to being part of a larger tapestry, it also had to serve as an episode of the ongoing Flash narrative for that show’s regular viewers — something that executive producer Andrew Kreisberg stressed as important at a recent Q&A hosted by The CW.

“I think one of the things we always try to do, especially with the crossovers, is not make it feel like all of a sudden we’re in this evergreen world that’s completely disconnected to everything that’s been happening previous,” Kreisberg said, pointing out Wally’s becoming a speedster at the end of the season’s seventh episode as a perfect example. “That’s huge. That’s big news. To sort of gloss over that and not have anybody react, considering the myriad of reactions Joe has had to Barry becoming a speedster and Iris finding out, it felt like we’d be doing a disservice to the people who were watching The Flash and enjoying it,” he stressed.

“We didn’t want the people that have been watching The Flash to suddenly feel like their show disappeared for a week while we had all these superhero shenanigans,” Kreisberg said, pointing out that the alien invasion was a great way to get the others over their ‘oh God, Wally is a speedster’ feelings. “What’s the point of making sure Wally stays out of danger if the world is going to be destroyed by aliens? Him stepping into the fray and getting a little taste of things felt like it was an opportunity rather than something that we had to service because the story was telling us to,” he explained.

Audiences binging The Flash or any of the individual shows on Netflix next year might end up a little confused when they get to the crossover, but Kreisberg believes that “people are pretty savvy when it comes to how they’re watching television.” The executive producer went on to discuss the CW and audiences:

“It just feels like the technology is changing so rapidly, and yet, this is one instance where I feel like people really are keeping up with it…I think our shows are blessed in the sense that I don’t think these shows have a lot of what I would call ‘casual viewers.’ I’m sure there are people who just like Arrow, and just like Flash, and just like Legends or maybe they like two of them but don’t watch all three of them… but it feels like, especially this week, with the amazing promotion that The CW has been providing, and getting us the cover of Entertainment Weekly and all of the ad support, and all of [the press] writing about it, that people, if they only watch Arrow and Legends, for example, people will take the time to find the Flash episode, because they understand it’s a cohesive story,”

What’s coming up? “There’s a villain coming up who’s another one of the husk villains that was created by Alchemy, so there’s that to deal with,” Andrew said about what’s happening in the show’s future. The midseason finale, “The Present” airing December 6, creates a new problem for the heroes that they weren’t facing, and it’s something they haven’t faced before. “It’s so big, we’re actually considering changing the saga sell from talking about Flashpoint to talking about that, because that’s really what’s driving the episodes for the rest of the season, actually,” Kreisberg teased.

As for H.R. (Tom Cavanagh) training Wally? “It will not go well,” Andrew laughed. “But what I love about this version of Wells, and he’s said it himself before but we actually show it rather than just tell it, [is that] he is a genius in his own way. He’s not a mathematical genius and he’s not a physics genius the way the other Wells were. But he has the capacity to see it in other people, and he has the capacity to see other people’s talent and how to mine it and how to grow it. He sees that in Wally,” he explained.

Finally, Kreisberg took a moment to discuss Wally’s place in this season and his relationship with Wells, saying:

“Like he says in an upcoming episode, there’s nothing in it for him to help Wally but he sees that Wally is special and that’s where he can shine, in helping other people discover their own value and helping other people develop their own gifts…It’s an interesting relationship because a version of Wells was so important to Barry in season one, and a version of Wells was so important to Cisco in season two, and then this year it’s Wally who gets this version of Wells. On the face of it, he may not be the world’s greatest teacher; and yet every episode we find that moment for him to drop this wisdom bomb on everybody else that shocks them. I’s kind of why they let him stay around when he’s not providing any actual true value to the team. He really does have this value in keeping the team together.”

http://collider.com/the-flash-season-3- ... interview/

- Marc Guggenheim habla sobre el diseño de la instalación de los Nuevos STAR Labs (llashtvnews):
Marc Guggenheim habla sobre el diseño de la instalación de los Nuevos STAR Labs
Por Craig Byrne in Interviews, 29 Nov 2016

The new STAR Labs facility seen in “Invasion!” looks a bit like the Superfriends’ legendary Hall of Justice, and there is a good reason for that!

“We were talking about where to put it — maybe it was an old warehouse or whatever,” Arrow and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim told a group of reporters yesterday at the offices of The CW. “Someone said something that made me think, ‘You know, there’s this building in Cincinnati that is the basis for the Hall of Justice in the Super Friends. I’m sure there’s stock footage that we could then alter.’ That’s what we ended up doing,” he said, confirming that the look of the facility was definitely intentional.

“I was so giddily happy,” he said. “It’s probably my favorite thing in the whole crossover: the Hall of Justice. Props to Encore who did an amazing job of altering it in all the right ways. Putting the waterpool in the front and the sculptures. There were some shots they turned dusk to day or day to night, made all that footage work great. 10-year-old me can die happy.”

http://flashtvnews.com/marc-guggenheim- ... lity/27127

- Flashpoint continuará teniendo impacto tras el Crossover de 'Invasion' (IGN):
Flashpoint continuará teniendo impacto tras el Crossover de 'Invasion'
Por Joshua Yehl 29 Nov, 2016

The Flash has officially kicked off The CW's three-part “Invasion” DC crossover event, and while the invasion of the alien Dominators is the big threat, it's Flashpoint that struck the biggest blow to the superhero team. However, this crossover conflict won’t be the end of Flashpoint’s impact on the Arrowverse.

We attended a screening with other press where executive producers Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim explained how tonight’s Flashpoint truth bomb will affect the Arrowverse going forward.

Warning: this article contains spoilers for The Flash episode “Invasion!”

When Cisco forced Barry to tell the group about Flashpoint, Diggle was struck hardest when he learned that he once had a daughter, Sara, who was essentially erased from existence and replaced with John Jr. The cast of Arrow will continue to deal with the revelations of Flashpoint, especially in the show's fall finale next week.

“[In the Arrow] midseason finale, there's a fair amount of discussion about Flashpoint, given the fact that, essentially the crossover outed Flashpoint to the Arrow characters who weren't Felicity, and they deal with -- I think in some humorous ways, actually -- deal with some of the ramifications. For example, I think Curtis is concerned that maybe he was straight originally, as one example,” Guggenheim explained.

It's also worth noting that the rest of the “Invasion” crossover in this week’s Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow will continue to deal with the revelation of Flashpoint. When asked if there will continue to be Flashpoint deviations for other characters in the Arrowverse after the "Invasion!" crossover concludes, Kreisberg hedged the question by answering, "Pass!"

Flashpoint initially gets brought up when Stein and Jax share a secret recording with Barry that contains a message recorded by Barry 40 years in the future, warning Rip Hunter to not trust Barry. We assumed that Rip was being warned about Flashpoint, but that might not be the whole story, according to Kreisberg.

“The message from the future relates to Flashpoint, but it also may relate to something else coming up,” he teased.

Guggenheim elaborated, saying, “As far as Flash is concerned, obviously based on Episode 7 of Flash, Cisco and Barry were probably at their lowest point because Cisco learned that Dante died in the Flashpoint conundrum, to suddenly make it a Big Bang Theory title. But their friendship has been renewed through the course of these episodes. So when we come back in Episode 9, Team Flash is in a really good place and strong again, which they need to be, because they're going to confront Savitar in Episode 9.”

Speaking of Episode 9, Kriesberg revealed a significant piece of information: there’s something coming in the next episode of The Flash (which is the midseason finale where we’ve come to expect game-changing cliffhangers) that is so bad (and probably has to do with speed god Savitar) that it takes precedent over dealing with Flashpoint.

“The midseason finale, episode 9, kind of creates a new problem for our heroes that they weren't anticipating, something that they've never faced before," said Kreisberg. "It's so big, we're actually considering changing the saga sell from talking about Flashpoint to talking about that, because that's really what's driving the episodes for the rest of the season, actually. Flashpoint won't loom as large as the challenge that presents itself in [episode 9]."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/30/ ... -crossover

- Andrew Kreisberg revela su parte favorita del crossover de Invasion! (comicbook):
Andrew Kreisberg revela su parte favorita del crossover de Invasion!
Por Russ Burlingam 01/12/2016

Mainstream superhero comics are often talked about as being testosterone-fueled soap operas: the reason so many people come on board at a young age and stay for the rest of their lives is that they've formed a relationship with the characters.

That's why it's probably not surprising to learn that as much fun as it is to put all the toys together in one box and bang them all together in big, bombastic fight scenes on Arrow, The Flash, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow, what really makes the stories work in the mind of the producers is the relationships between the characters.

"I always love is when Barry is training Wally and he's trying to explain to him how to deal with things and then he goes, 'Oh God, I sound like Oliver,'" executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said. "These people all do know each other and they're all friends, especially Barry and Oliver. It's probably my favorite part of all three hours is them having a beer together. It's part of the story they always come together because of crises. Those little moments, like in last year's crossover when they were all, before The Vandal Savage attacked and they were all just having a drink together, like they do care about each other. They are brothers in arms."

That's how the crossover ended, of course: once everyone went home or back to their own time/universe, Barry and Oliver went out for a beer and toasted their weird, wonderful, superheroic lives.

"It's those little quiet moments between the fights that are the most interesting to me, as a writer and as a viewer. Hearing those little shout outs along the way, I think is, does a service to the relationships that they've all formed," Kreisberg continued. "It isn't like the crossovers of the 80's where they'd see each other for that one episode and then it was like it never happened. These things do happen and they do have ramifications and not all the ramifications are always bad. Some of them are just good because now these people have these amazing relationships that continue on."

Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl will cross over with DC's Legends of Tomorrow this week in "Invasion!" a three-part crossover that starts in the final moments of an episode of Supergirl and then plays through the other series. Based on the 1988 comic book event miniseries Invasion! from Keith Giffen, Bill Mantlo, Todd McFarlane, Bart Sears, and the crossover -- with its marketing title "Heroes vs. Aliens" -- will closely track the plot of that storyline: aliens will be assembled by The Dominators and descend on Earth to bring an end to the "threat" of Earth's burgeoning metahuman community.

In the comics, the Dominion were secretly hoping to build their own super-race, and as a result created a handful of new superheroes in the course of the story.

http://comicbook.com/2016/12/02/andrew- ... ion-cross/

- ¿Qué fue cortado del crossover del Arrowverse crossover? (EW):
¿Qué fue cortado del crossover del Arrowverse crossover?
Por Natalie Abrams 01 Dic 2016 — 9:00 PM EST

The heroes of The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow saved the day, preventing the Dominators from essentially killing off all metahumans. And while the four-way crossover had a solid dose of heart and offered up some laughs, there were a few great moments that didn’t make the cut.

“[The crossover] came in wildly over [time], not surprising,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says. “You’ve got to keep the plot going, and you had to have room, especially in these episodes, which probably had even grander visual effects sequences than we’re used to in an average episode, so it tended to be those little jokey moments that fell by the wayside.”

Below, Kreisberg and fellow EP Marc Guggenheim reveal what else could’ve happened in the epic team-up:

An Alex/Sara romance that never was: “There was a little exchange between Sara [Caity Lotz] and Kara [Melissa Benoist] that I really liked — I don’t think we even filmed it — where Sara says, ‘Hey, do you want to get a drink when this is all over?’” Kreisberg reveals, “and Kara says, ‘I think you wanna meet my sister.’ Just the idea of starting the Sara/Alex [Chyler Leigh] shippers going…”

Familiar faces: “There were moments with Colton [Haynes] and Colin [Donnell] in Arrow that were scripted that we obviously just couldn’t do because of Colin and Colton’s availabilities,” Guggenheim says. “For example, Roy was going to be Thea’s [Willa Holland] boyfriend, that hadn’t changed, and they met when he stole her purse, and that also hadn’t changed. I just thought that would have been fun and nice to see.”

For the diehards: “There were a lot more nods to the comic book,” Kreisberg says of the Dominators. “There was discussion about the size of their circles and how that was indicative of where they stood in the caste system, so I’m sorry some of that stuff went away just because it was great flavor, and I think people who are fans of the original comic book would have seen a lot more of our joy at adapting Invasion in there, but unfortunately, to get these down to the proper time, that’s the kind of stuff that tends to fall by the wayside.”

A change of clothes: “Originally we had designed the Dominators with the green robes that were very iconic of the comic,” Guggenheim says. “When we decided to do all the Dominators full CG, as we ended up doing, the robes had to go away because the presence of the robes made animating them prohibitively impossible.”

A super moment saved for later: “There was a Supergirl moment on the Waverider that I really wanted to get in there,” Guggenheim says. “I’m not going to tell you what it is, because we may do it next year, but Supergirl never ended up on the Waverider, so we couldn’t do the moment.”

Speedy says what we’re all thinking: “There was a funny scene between Speedy and H.R. [Tom Cavanagh] where she says, ‘So what are you doing here? What value do you bring?’” Kreisberg says. “He’s like, ‘Well I’m writing a book,’ and she’s like, ‘Oh, that’ll be a big help,’ and walks away.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/01/ar ... ted-scenes

- The Flash: llegan más repercusiones del Flashpoint, pero… (EW):
The Flash: llegan más repercusiones del Flashpoint, pero…
Por Natalie Abrams 01 Dic 2016 — 9:00 PM EST

Warning: This story contains major spoilers from the four-way CW superhero crossover. Read at your own risk!

Barry Allen, what did you do?!

Just when fans of The Flash thought the repercussions of Flashpoint had reached an apex with reveal of villains Doctor Alchemy and Savitar, the true consequences of Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) tinkering with time were unveiled.

During the crossover between The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, it was revealed that the Dominators had a decades-long truce with planet Earth that Barry essentially broke by creating the Flashpoint timeline. Ultimately, the Dominators wanted Barry to surrender himself or the aliens would release a bomb over Earth that would target all metahumans.

The invasion was all Barry’s fault, but the repercussions of Flashpoint are not over just yet. According to executive producer Andrew Kreisberg, Iris’ (Candice Patton) byline no longer being on the future newspaper will have “further complications” down the line, and there’s also the impending arrival of another husk villain, who was created by Alchemy, that the heroes will have to deal with.

When asked directly whether we’ll find out that other characters on other shows, besides Arrow’s John Diggle (David Ramsey), have been affected by Flashpoint, Kreisberg declines to answer. But executive producer Marc Guggenheim teases that we’ll get a taste of Flashpoint during Arrow’s winter finale. “There’s a fair amount of discussion about Flashpoint, given the fact that essentially the crossover outed Flashpoint to the Arrow characters who weren’t Felicity [Emily Bett Rickards],” Guggenheim says. “And they deal with — I think in some humorous ways, actually — some of the ramifications. For example, I think Curtis [Echo Kellum] is concerned that maybe he was straight originally, as one example.”

The rest of the heroes discovered the truth about Flashpoint during the crossover thanks to an audio recording that future Barry sent to MIA Legends character Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill) basically admitting to changing everyone’s lives, and that no one, not even himself, can be trusted in the future. While the team comes to forgive Barry by crossover’s end, Flashpoint may not be the only reason that Barry left that message. When asked directly if the message could relate to more changes made by Barry in the future, Kreisberg is coy. “The message from the future relates to Flashpoint, but it also may relate to something else coming up,” he says.

As for why The Flash spent so little time in the Flashpoint universe, which was only featured in the season 3 premiere, Kreisberg says there was initially discussion about spending more time there. “We talked about never going back, we talked about it being two episodes, we talked about it being five episodes,” Kreisberg says. “There was some input from the studio and the network wanting to make sure that we weren’t upending our show in a jump-the-shark kind of way. Ultimately for us as storytellers, it was the right decision to have that one episode be It’s a Wonderful Life, but then I think people thought that, ‘Oh, it’s over with,’ and yet obviously the ramifications of him having done it will reverberate throughout not just Flash, but the other series forever. Dig has a son now. Sara’s gone.”

“We definitely discussed doing it different ways,” Kreisberg continues. “The closest we came to doing something other than what we did was having it be two episodes, and the second episode just felt like it ran out of steam. The resolution with the parents didn’t happen in one, it would happen in two, and it just felt like we were just putting things off that we wanted to get to, but that doesn’t mean we’ve seen the last of it. Just because we didn’t do it all in the beginning doesn’t mean it’s gone forever.”

But by the winter finale, Flashpoint will take a backseat to a new storyline driving the second half of the season. “The midseason finale, episode 9, kind of creates a new problem for our heroes that they weren’t anticipating, something that they’ve never faced before,” Kreisberg says. “It’s so big, we’re actually considering changing the saga sell, [the opening intro], from talking about Flashpoint to talking about that, because that’s really what’s driving the episodes for the rest of the season. Flashpoint won’t loom as large as the challenge that presents itself in 309.”

On the bright side, the Flashpoint reveal may have at first damaged the relationship between Barry and Cisco (Carlos Valdes), but the events of Invasion have healed their friendship. “Based on Episode 7 of Flash, Cisco and Barry were probably at their lowest point, because Cisco learned that Dante died in the Flashpoint conundrum, to suddenly make it a Big Bang Theory title,” Kreisberg says. “But their friendship has been renewed through the course of these episodes. So when we come back in Episode 9, Team Flash is in a really good place and strong again, which they need to be, because they’re going to confront Savitar in Episode 9.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/01/fl ... ercussions

- Productores ejecutivos del Arrow-verse sobre los efectos colaterales del Flashpoint, el regreso de los Dominators y más Crossovers (EW):
Productores ejecutivos del Arrow-verse sobre los efectos colaterales del Flashpoint, el regreso de los Dominators y más Crossovers
Por Vlada Gelman / 01 Dic 2016, 6:00 PM PST

Superheroes: 1. Aliens: 0.

The CW’s #DCWeek crossover event wrapped up on Thursday night’s Legends of Tomorrow with a victorious celebration for the costumed crimefighters — but the Dominators aren’t gone for good.

Let’s briefly recap the episode’s key moments: The Dominators revealed that they came back to Earth because of The Flash and the rise of metahuman powers; the aliens promised to leave peacefully if Barry gave himself up, but Oliver & Co. eventually convinced their self-sacrificing pal not to surrender; Stein decided not to erase his new daughter from existence; after doing some timeline tampering of his own, Cisco — who gifted Supergirl with her own tachyon device portable breach-opener — finally forgave Barry, who also earned the forgiveness of Dig; the heroes were publicly acknowledged by the new President of the United States for their courage in fighting off the extraterrestrial threat; and Barry and Oliver shared a toast to “life being full.” #besties

Below, executive producers Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim tackle several burning questions about the Dominators’ comeback, Flashpoint’s future consequences, Stein’s secret and much more.

WILL THERE BE MORE FLASHPOINT CHANGES FOR ARROW AND LEGENDS CHARACTERS? | The producers are keeping mum on that front, but Guggenheim did share that “there’s a fair amount of discussion” about the subject in next Wednesday’s Arrow midseason finale. “[The characters] deal with — in some humorous ways, actually — some of the ramifications. For example, I think Curtis is concerned that maybe he was straight, originally.” As for whether Barry’s voicemail is directly tied to Flashpoint or referencing more changes that the speedster makes down the road, Kreisberg offers this cryptic tease: “The message from the future relates to Flashpoint, but it also may relate to something else coming up.”

WILL SUPERGIRL VISIT EARTH-1 AGAIN? | Now that Kara has a way to communicate and travel across Earths, crossovers are certainly “easier” to execute, Kreisberg says. “The next time we do it, it means it doesn’t necessarily have to be because Oliver and Barry need Kara; it could be because Kara needs them.” However, the EP notes that nothing is in the works, seeing as how “we just barely survived this one. So we’re not too concerned with what we’re going to try to do next year. But it just gives us another way to come at a story.”

HAVE WE SEEN THE LAST OF THE SPACE MEN? | Considering they didn’t die, but simply retreated, it’s not crazy to wonder if the mind-controlling Dominators will reappear. “We’ve certainly talked about it,” Guggenheim says. “We don’t want to do it immediately because we just told that story. I think it’s more of a Flash and Legends question than an Arrow question because… that’s not really what Arrow traffics in.” Actually, it’s what their alien pal on Monday nights is all about: “The Dominators will return on Supergirl later this season,” Kreisberg reveals.

DOES THE WORLD KNOW ETs EXIST? | A line was cut for time, in which the G-man known as “Glasses” says, “‘Cover up what? A dozen weather satellites falling out of orbit?'” Guggenheim explains: “People see the ships, but no one ever really saw the Dominators. The way we’re sort of playing it going forward is that Glasses is good at his job, and when he says he’s going to cover it up, he’s going to cover it up.” Adds Kreisberg: “There’s a mention of it in The Flash, that the threat of aliens brought out all the crazies. But we’re sort of Doctor Who-ing it.”

WILL STEIN’S DAUGHTER BE BACK? | “You’ll see her again in a few episodes,” Guggenheim says. And as early as next Thursday’s Legends midseason finale, “the ramifications” of Stein and Jax keeping the doc’s newly discovered offspring a secret “come into play.”

COULD THE NEW PRESIDENT HAVE BEEN LYNDA CARTER? | “Actually, in the original draft of the Legends episode, she was the Vice President, who became the President,” Guggenheim reveals. “The studio had what we all considered to be a very fair note [that] it was a bit too confusing.”

http://tvline.com/2016/12/01/legends-of ... rs-return/

- Los productores del Crossover de DC de la CW adelantan las repercusiones de ‘Invasion!’ (Variety):
Los productores del Crossover de DC de la CW adelantan las repercusiones de ‘Invasion!’
Por Jacob Bryant 01 Dic, 2016 | 06:01PM PT

SPOILER ALERT: Do not read on unless you’ve seen Season 3, Episode 8 of “The Flash”; Season 5, Episode 8 of “Arrow”; and Season 2, Episode 7 of “Legends of Tomorrow,” titled “Invasion!”

There you have it. With the end of “Legends of Tomorrow’s” episode, the first four-show Arrowverse crossover comes to a close. The Dominators were defeated, Stein (Victor Garber) now has a daughter, Barry (Grant Gustin) and Oliver (Stephen Amell) shared a much-deserved drink, and the CW pulled off what producer Marc Guggenheim calls “an exercise in insanity.”

“Every year we pull it off and it’s a small miracle, and then the next year we try to find a way to increase the degree of difficulty,” he said. “Truth be told, the whole thing is really an exercise in insanity and we just keep making it harder and harder and harder on ourselves.”

The crossover may be over, but the events in “Invasion!” will be felt across the shows going forward. Earlier this week, at a press screening and Q&A Variety attended, Guggenheim and fellow producer Andrew Kreisberg talked about those repercussions, whether this was the button on Flashpoint, and more …

What will be the repercussions, or fallout, in the upcoming episodes?

Kreisberg: As far as “Flash” is concerned, in Episode 7 Cisco and Barry were probably at their lowest point — because Cisco learned that Dante had died as a result of Flashpoint. Their friendship has been renewed through the course of these episodes, and when we come back in Episode 9 Team Flash is in a really good place. They need to be, because they’re going to confront Savitar in Episode 9.

With “Supergirl,” it doesn’t really have that big an impact. She’s the one who brought the light. It was really Barry and Oliver who had to go on a journey, and she brought the fun and charm and kicka–ness.

Guggenheim: With respect to “Arrow,” going into Episode 9 you’ll see that Oliver has a new sense of purpose. The events in Episode 8 forced him to double-down on his mission, and also a reaffirmation of his bond with Thea — because they chose each other.

In terms of “Legends,” the two big takeaways are Stein’s daughter — you haven’t seen the last of her, you’ll see her again in a few episodes — as well as Ray (Brandon Routh) getting his suit back.

Would you consider this the button on Flashpoint, or will there continue to be more ramifications going forward?

Kreisberg: There’s a villain coming up that’s another one of those husk villains created by Alchemy, so there’s that to deal with. The mid-season finale, Episode 9, kinda creates a new problem for our heroes that they weren’t anticipating — something that they’ve never faced before. Flashpoint won’t loom as large as the challenge that presents itself in Episode 9.

Guggenheim: “Arrow’s” mid-season finale has a fair amount of discussion about Flashpoint given the fact that the crossover outed it to the “Arrow” characters that weren’t Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). They deal with it in some humorous ways actually, for example Curtis (Echo Kellum) is concerned that maybe he was straight originally.

Was the message that Barry sent from the future talking about Flashpoint, or was it about more changes he makes sometime in the future?

Kreisberg: The message from the future relates to Flashpoint, but it also may relate to something else coming up.

With Stein and Jax (Franz Drameh) keeping Stein’s daughter a secret cause strife within the group?

Guggenheim: “Legends” operates different than “Arrow,” which is all about people keeping secrets and secrets coming out, but I will say that we’re setting up “Legends'” mid-season finale where the ramifications of that secret do come into play.

What were some of the scenes that you wanted to get in to the episodes that were left on the cutting room floor?

Kreisberg: There was a little exchange between Sara (Caity Lotz) and Kara (Melissa Benoist) where Sara says “hey, do you want to get a drink when this is all over,” and Kara says, “I think you wanna meet my sister.”

It’s those little moments that were left on the cutting room floor. It’s amazing how many of them we were actually able to keep, because these episodes came in wildly over so it tended to be those little jokey moments that fell by the wayside.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/arrow-f ... 201931686/

- Jefes de The Flash: la finale de invierno cambiará la dirección de la serie (EW):
Jefes de The Flash: la finale de invierno cambiará la dirección de la serie
Por Natalie Abrams 05 Dic 2016 — 6:05 PM EST

Now that Barry Allen and the super friends have defeated the Dominators, Team Flash cannot ignore the looming threat of Savitar in the winter finale of The Flash.

After Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) helped the police and Team Flash set a trap for Doctor Alchemy, an even greater danger appeared in the form of Savitar, the god of motion. Savitar has been the one pulling the strings, imploring his followers to bring about his return. Among those followers is Barry’s former CSI lab partner Julian Albert (Tom Felton), who was revealed to be Doctor Alchemy, presumably as a result of Flashpoint.

With Jay Garrick’s (John Wesley Shipp) help, will Barry (Grant Gustin) and Team Flash be able to stop Savitar and Doctor Alchemy? And what exactly does the evil duo want? “The team is facing getting their first real conversation with Savitar and really getting a handle on what they’re up against this season,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells EW of the winter finale.

Now in its third season, The Flash has gone big for previous winter finales; season 1 revealed that Harrison (Tom Cavanagh) was the Reverse-Flash, while season 2 introduced the future Kid Flash, Wally West, into the fold. “Our Christmas episode is always very tearful and emotional,” executive producer Greg Berlanti says. “Similarly to Arrow, it sets up the threat of the back half of the year. By the end of it, there’s a whole new ticking clock that the show has.”

Echoing Berlanti, Kreisberg says the winter finale will feature new issues that the heroes have never faced before, as Flashpoint takes a backseat heading into the back half of the season. “So much of the first half of the season has been about Flashpoint and the ramifications of that,” he says. “Events will occur in episode 9 that will change the direction of the show moving forward. They will have a greater idea of what threat Savitar faces, and what they’re truly up against for this season, and how it is going to take all of them to fight it.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/05/fl ... e-spoilers

- Arrow EP Gives a Sneak Peek Of The Mid-Season Finales (EW):

https://soundcloud.com/ewradio/mid-season-finales

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "DC Week Crossover BTS Cast Interviews" Featurette | The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow:
https://twitter.com/CW_TheFlash/status/ ... 6132675586

- Which superhero are you excited to see? Don't miss a new episode of #TheFlash TONIGHT at 8/7c on The CW! #DCWeek:

https://twitter.com/CW_TheFlash/status/ ... 4156544000

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- THE FLASH | 3.08 "Invasion" Promo:
https://twitter.com/TheCWSupergirl/stat ... 5912197121

- THE FLASH | 3.08 "Invasion" Inside the episode:

- THE FLASH | 3.08 "Invasion" Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhFrivc5NxE

- THE FLASH | 3.08 "Invasion" Clip #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiWg83pOpOg

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.09 "The Present":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrowverse Crossover Opening Credits:

https://twitter.com/CW_TheFlash/status/ ... 2697702400

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes y videos bts de la S3 (28 Nov-15 Dic 2016 al 05 enero del 2017):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@dccomics: Have you guys read Invasion?! Our 4 night DC crossover is based on it! Look out for the dominators on tonight's episode of @cwtheflash and all week!
@dccomics: @keiynanlonsdale resting between set ups #TheFlash
@dccomics: Carlos is the coolest so I try to be just like him. #theflash
@dccomics: Just finished our table read for episode 314 of @cwtheflash! Buckle up. It's a good one
@FLASHProdOffice: The cast wall was overflowing for #TheFlashCrossover #TheFlash
@officialrickg: Tonight, it ain't all smiles on the #Arrow100 episode crossover. #Arrow
@caitylotz: Super flashy legendary light maze
@ready2prop: #techsupport goes #tactical #ep207 #bts
@CavanaghTom: Now what are these guys up to. #NoGood Team Flash Team Up @KeiynanLonsdale #TheFlash
@candicekp: Brudder and sis. Jan 24
@ready2prop: Heroes out standing #setlife #rooftopSHOW #ep207 #dc #legendsoftomorrow #bts #legendsofflarrowgirl #crossover
@KeiynanLonsdale: Early birthday love from @CW_TheFlash cast n crew tonight
@KeiynanLonsdale: Well
@KeiynanLonsdale: Just a regular Thursday, absolutely nothing to see here
@JohnWesleyShipp; Back to Vancouver end of the month Standing here w Grant & director Ralph Hemecker ep 302)

Vids:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNa5k2DhAas ... y=dccomics
https://twitter.com/Stuntshreck/status/ ... 0682167296
https://twitter.com/KeiynanLonsdale/sta ... 5218264065

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- THE FLASH | 3.09 "The Present" Promo:

- THE FLASH | 3.09 "The Present" Extended Promo:

- THE FLASH | 3.09 "The Present" Inside the episode:
https://twitter.com/CW_TheFlash/status/ ... 0779790336

- THE FLASH | 3.09 "The Present" Clip #1:

http://tvline.com/2016/12/06/the-flash- ... rth-three/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiG46Q1Mjgs

- THE FLASH | 3.09 "The Present" Clip #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOTX3jFgU7g

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- John Wesley Shipp sobre el convertirse de nuevo en un velocista (IGN):
John Wesley Shipp sobre el convertirse de nuevo en un velocista
Por Jesse Schedeen 06 Dic 2016

Actor John Wesley Shipp has worn many hats in the Flash franchise, beginning with his time as Barry Allen/The Flash on the original 1990 TV series. Since then, Shipp has voiced Reverse-Flash on the animated series Batman: The Brave and the Bold and played Barry's father, Henry, on the first two season of the current Flash series on the CW. And even though Henry was killed at the end of Season 2, Shipp remains an active player on the show, taking on the role of Jay Garrick (the real one, following last season's imposter), a speedster hero who defends the inhabitants of Earth-3.

Shipp's Jay Garrick will be returning in tonight's new episode, "The Present," which also serves as the midseason finale. We'll see Barry cross over to Earth-3 to seek advice on how to deal with Savitar, only to be drawn into Jay's ongoing feud with his world's version of the Trickster (Mark Hamill). Along the way, fans will learn a great deal more about what the second half of Season 3 holds in store for these speedster heroes.

We were able to chat with Shipp over the phone recently. He explained why Jay Garrick is such a different character from Henry Allen, how the relationship between the two Flashes will evolve, and why this new version of Trickster is such a drastic departure from the old one. Scroll down to find out what he had to say.

IGN: When you were first cast to play Henry Allen, did you have any idea you’d eventually get to be an actual speedster again?

Shipp: No. In fact, if they had come to me with the role of Jay Garrick in the beginning, I'm not sure I would have done it. Because, clearly, I was a superhero 25 years ago. I would have felt like I was competing with myself. It would have been a very weird dynamic for me to come back to The Flash as a speedster. To come back as Henry Allen - a very realistic character who's quiet, simple, truthful and has very emotionally rich scenes - I thought that I was grounding myself in reality in a comic universe. so that after two years of that and audience appreciation for that relationship, then put on a suit and come back and Flash around. I feel like I can have some fun. There's nothing to prove at this point. Whatever I had to prove in the Flash world about myself as an actor, I proved as Henry Allen. And now I feel like I can have some fun.

IGN: Now that you’ve had a chance to play Jay Garrick a few times, how would you say the role compares to Henry or even Barry on the old Flash series?

Shipp: Well, it's much closer to Barry. My Jay is very close to my Barry. In fact, when I found out I was going to be suiting up again, I went back and watched a couple episodes of the old show to kind of remind myself of what I did and to bring elements of that forward, because - what a great resource. We have our back-story all written. I was Barry! I was the speedster in the show while Jay was the speedster in the universe. And now he's suddenly confronted with this new guy who, if anything, he's faster and more powerful than Jay. So how does Jay come to terms with that? It's a very rich environment.

IGN: And it did seem like there was a very real passing of the torch when the two characters finally met at the end of Season 2.

Shipp: Yeah, yeah. And it's great because we wanted to make Jay very different from Henry. It's a real conundrum for Barry when the iron mask comes off and it's his dad who's just been killed, but he's not warm, he's not fuzzy, he's not particularly nurturing. It's sort of like Henry got him to the point where he's a full-fledged superhero. He's totally assumed the mantle, and it's totally his thing. And now Jay is like, "Okay, you're a superhero. It's big boy rules now. What are you going to do about it?" It's a completely different dynamic. I admit I miss, I have to say, the closeness. There's just no ego in between between me and Grant as Henry and Barry. There was just warmth and kindness and good parenting that was going on in those scenes. That's gone. What I get now is I get to bump up against Grant's speedster as a speedster. Where do sparks fly? How do we work together. What does that do to Jay now that he's not the only one? We've got a lot of dimension and a lot of angles to play.

IGN: Obviously Jay isn’t his father, but as Barry is coming to him for advice, do you think he's looking to him to be a father figure all the same?

Shipp: Yes, and that's what we're trying to calibrate. Clearly, the relationship between Jay and Barry - and Jay and Wally - is very highly regarded by comic book fans. It's a very warm and intimate relationship, and it's almost a father/son thing. The challenge I have, having started with Henry, is that I've got to make sure I don't lapse into Henry Allen, or it's just more of the same thing. The challenge is to build a mentor/mentee relationship that is just as vital and just as important, but in terms of temperature, in terms of tone, in terms of approach, the way we talk to each other, the way we look at each other, we come from a completely different set of circumstances. And we need to keep that separate. The last thing I want is to default to Henry Allen in my scenes as Jay Garrick, because that's the challenge, isn't it? And that's the gift I've been given by the producers to come back and do these scenes with Grant from a completely different perspective.

IGN: One of the big selling points with this new episode is that you’re getting a chance to work alongside Mark Hamill again. Was that a big thrill for you?

Shipp: Oh, yeah! First of all, I love Mark and his family. It was good to see Chelsea [Hamill's daughter] on set. It was a trip. It was great fun to see him when I was Henry and he kidnapped me from Iron Heights, but it was such a different template, and it didn't feel strange. [laughs] But suddenly, there I am in a superhero suit, and he's the Earth-3 version of the Trickster, and we're going at each other in an action scene that Barry stumbles into. As soon as they yell "Cut!" on one scene, we're nose-to-nose and Mark looks at me and says, "We're grown-ups!" [laughs] It's kind of a wacky thing to be able to do. But it helps - something [costume designer Kate Main] said is, "It's an honorable enterprise to show people that you don't have to be 25 or 30-years-old to play a superhero." That helped me, John, come to terms with 25 years later, suiting up and reentering this universe in a more active role. I don't have to be who I was 25 years ago, you know? Because Jay isn't. It's a very interesting evolution for me, personally, as an actor.

IGN: And like you mentioned, the two of you have appeared on this series together before, but you were both playing very different versions of these characters. How different would you say this version of the Trickster is from the one we've seen before?

Shipp: This is the Earth-3 version of the Trickster. And you can see from the promo stills they've released that Mark has gone full-fledged artistic into it. Which is his way, making very artistic choices about, "Okay, what differentiates the Earth-3 Trickster?" We're going to get a glimpse into that [in "The Present']. And if you get a chance to talk to Mark, ask him about his artistic frame of reference and how he came up with the Trickster look. For me, it's fascinating, as seriously as he takes this world and as much as he invests in it.

IGN: I don't know if I'll get a chance to talk to him at all, but from what I understand, he looked back to The Man Who Laughs and really modeled his performance on that movie.

Shipp: Yes! So he's talked about that. Good. I'm glad people know that. Hell, I was impressed. It was an inspiration to me that he would come back and still be so specifically invested in this world and in that character. He doesn't do anything half-way, does he? It's an inspiration for me working with him in this universe again.

IGN: Even though some of this episode takes place on Earth-3, it's also the midseason finale. I've seen the trailer, and it looks like it's also going to involve Barry and Jay going up against Savitar. Are we going to see a lot more of that villain and learn what's coming up in 2017?

Shipp: Yeah, I think Jay will figure a little bit more prominently in the second half of the season. This is the beginning of that. We got introduced to Jay and who Jay is and how that relationship is different in the diner [in the episode "Paradox"]. Now we get to suit up and fight a villain, and the bonding that takes place through that experience propels us into a whole new set of circumstances. Now I have an interaction with Wally. That's going to move forward. And how easily or uneasily and comfortably or uncomfortably does Jay fit into suddenly going from being the only speedster to sort of the patriarch speedster to this bunch? It's a lot to play with.

IGN: You mentioned how there's a close relationship between Jay and Wally in the comics. With Wally just now stepping into the speedster shoes and coming to terms with those powers, is there going to be a similar relationship between the two characters in the show now?

Shipp: It's certainly indicated in the episode tomorrow night. Look for a group scene in STAR Labs, and there's a moment between Jay and Wally that lights that spark. In fact, I'm glad I knew about the relationship with Jay mentoring Wally, because I was able to imbue a moment I had with Keiynan [Lonsdale] with a bit of that. Wally just so young and eager and excited about the Speed Force, and Jay responds to that. He's so unguarded, Wally, in his enthusiasm, that Jay responds to it immediately.

IGN: One of the things we've seen this year is that they've kind of opened the doors for certain supporting characters to appear on all the DC shows. We've seen that with Reverse-Flash and Captain Cold on Legends of Tomorrow. Assuming that chance comes up, would you like to appear on a show like Legends?

Shipp: I'd love to. Absolutely. I've known Victor Garber for 25 years, and to work with Brandon [Routh] and those guys, I'd love to. In fact, our contracts are being restructured so that, when the opportunity presents itself, we can be moved sort of like chess pieces on this great, comic book chessboard that is the Berlanti Productions universe.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/12/06/ ... ster-again

- Shipp finalmente consigue la oportunidad de luchar como Jay Garrick (cbr):
Shipp finalmente consigue la oportunidad de luchar como Jay Garrick
Por Meagan Damore 06 Dic 2016

John Wesley Shipp has appeared in 16 episodes of “The Flash,” but tonight’s the night he finally gets a chance to fight back. In “The Present,” the mid-season finale of Season 3, Shipp will reprise the role of Jay Garrick when Barry Allen travels to Earth-3 to ask for advice on how to beat Savitar — and what ensues will be surprising and, yes, action-packed.

Shipp spoke with CBR about the upcoming episode, which finds him leaping into action as the Golden Age hero. The “Dawson’s Creek” alum had much to say about working with Mark Hamill, battling the “really extraordinary villain” that is Savitar, whether or not he’ll interact with Central City’s newest speedster Wally West and more. He also weighed in on the upcoming musical crossover between “The Flash” and “Supergirl” and addressed whether he would be willing to lend his voice to the episode.

CBR: it looks like Barry is going to visit Jay, for a change! What can you tell us about Earth-3?

John Wesley Shipp: Well, Earth-3 — I think you get a glimpse from the choices that Mark [Hamill] has made visually about the Trickster. I just loved the rippled effect when those first pictures came out and they were like, “Wait, who is he? Is he the Trickster? What is this? Is this an Earth-3 version?” As you said, Barry seeks Jay out in Jay’s world, and — lo and behold — who’s there when he gets there? What’s happening but Golden Age Flash is going up against the Trickster in a showdown that’s reminiscent of an action sequence Mark and I did all those years ago. It’s great to be able to see Jay in his element.

As you say, you’re re-reunited with Mark Hamill for this episode. What was it like for you to reteam with him for the second time in this series?

You know, I love doing it this way! I have to say, as Henry, I was constrained by the character, in terms of — I was pretty much just kidnapped. You know what I mean? Henry didn’t have superpowers, clearly. I was like, “God! I’d like to just go up against him once, or take just one swing at him, or something!” Now, of course, as Jay Garrick, here we are, archenemies.

You know, it was amazing on that set. When I walk on the set in costume, and particularly when Mark walks on the set, we bring the 1990s show with us. It still amazes me, for a show that went one season, the regard and the degree of warmth and enthusiasm and fun that people have when we hearken back to the original show, and this was pure — I mean, from what we’ve seen, Earth-3 is pure comic book, baby! It is quite a little showdown that Barry stumbles into when he comes to ask Jay about Savitar.

We’ve seen you play Jay Garrick a few times now, but we haven’t really seen him in action as a speedster. That’s going to change tonight…

Yes. It’s the most involved I’ve been in any episode by far of this new show. I had that scene, which I just love, in the diner in episode 2, where we pick up Jay and Barry there. The difference is now we have a common enemy. As soon as the name Savitar is dropped, it snaps Jay out of — I don’t want to say suspicions — wariness that Jay that he kind of has about who is this new speedster [Barry]. What are his intentions? What kind of superhero does he want to be? You know, is he going to change the timeline every time something happens that doesn’t suit him, or does he really honor my legacy, the legacy of the Speed Force, in terms with how he deals with it? As soon as we have a common enemy, now we begin to see the Jay and Barry from the comic books start to come to life.

Of course, whenever you have a common enemy and you’re fighting that enemy, there’s a bonding that takes place in a very real and a very immediate way, and we’re going to see that happen. It was fun to take Jay and stretch him out a little bit, and to be able get a couple of leaps and things and action sequences myself! It’s good that I still have it in me a little bit! It was really a trip. I can’t wait for people to see it, as you can tell. I’m clearly excited to see how it turned out myself.

Thanks to the preview for the mid-season finale, we’ve seen that Jay meets Savitar. How does that go?

Well, to set it up — Jay’s not sure that Savitar even exists. He’s a Speed Force myth and — as an unseen, unknown fear — is even bigger than a fear that you know. First of all, Jay is surprised — maybe even a little miffed — that Savitar showed himself to Barry! I’ve known him as a myth my whole life, me being Jay, and when I come up against him, I know that Jay knows that Barry alone and Jay alone cannot defeat or have a chance against Savitar. But, if we go up against him together, we have a shot. It doesn’t mean that we’re going to vanquish him at all; in fact, there’s some pretty hairy moments, and there’s some pretty hairy moments for Jay, which I really enjoyed shooting coming up against this overwhelming force that is Savitar. But yeah, it doesn’t go incredibly well, the first meeting, and so we pretty much have to go to Jay’s experience and maturity and — together with Barry’s youth and skill — come up with a way to get around this really extraordinary villain.

Earlier this season, Jay hinted that he has made mistakes similar to the ones Barry is making now. Do we get to learn more about that sometime soon?

Those hints keep being dropped. I mean, it’s very interesting to me, and I’m going to figure in more prominently in the second half of the season than the first. You just asked one of my questions, because nothing is wasted, I think we’ve seen in this show. So anytime something like that is dropped — and there’s more of it tonight! — there are more… As I said, I’m most involved in this episode than any episode I’ve done on this show so far. So we get to see Jay dealing with this young speedster, we get to see his reaction to Savitar, and there really are some curious things that Jay says that make me, John, wonder, “Okay, what’s coming?” Clearly, we’re in a legacy period. Superman is on “Supergirl,” you’ve got Golden Age Flash… One thing I love about the comic universe is the legacy and the lineage and — to be part of that group as an actor who played Barry 25 years ago, and now as Golden Age Flash, and seeing it from a whole different perspective — is quite unique.

Does Jay get to interact with Wally West at all?

Yes! We have all these possibilities, and I’m glad I had studied Jay and Jay mentoring Wally, because there’s a little moment where — and you’ll see it when it happens — there’s a little seed of that dropped into the episode, that I hope will also grow. But there’s a great moment in STAR Labs between Jay and Wally. It’s a little moment, but it’s clearly straight out of the comic book.

There’s also a big musical crossover with “Supergirl” coming up in the back half of Season 3, which begs the question: would you lend your voice to it, if given the chance?

If they asked? Yeah! That would be a trip! I’d have to say, “Hm, how would Jay Garrick sound?” I don’t know what they’re doing with that episode; I haven’t been approached about it so far. You know, we have two such talented actors, Grant [Gustin] and [Melissa Benoist]… They’re such good singers that it may center on those two, but yeah! Sure! Why not? I’d belt out a couple lines!

http://www.cbr.com/flashs-shipp-fights- ... y-garrick/?

- John Wesley Shipp sobre el trabajar de nuevo con Mark Hamill y más (accesshollywood):
John Wesley Shipp sobre el trabajar de nuevo con Mark Hamill y más
Por Jolie Lash 06 Dic, 2016 8:56 AM PST

The increasing troubles with Savitar (and Dr. Alchemy) will send Barry Allen on a journey to Earth 3 to ask Jay Garrick for help on Tuesday night's "The Flash."

And the new episode – the show's midseason finale – sees John Wesley Shipp back as Jay Garrick/Golden Age Flash.

Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) arrives at a less-than-convenient time, though, as Jay has an Earth 3 villain to contend with – the Trickster, played (again) by Mark Hamill.

"[Barry] comes to Earth 3 to ask Jay about Savitar and he stumbles into what's going on between the Earth 3 Trickster and Jay Garrick. And so he gets involved a little bit at the end of that," Shipp told AccessHollywood.com. "But then, things turn quite serious when he says the name Savitar."

Before the two get into the Savitar threat, there's something immediate to deal with – the Trickster. Shipp and Hamill played The Flash and the Trickster, respectively, in the 1990 television series "The Flash," so Tuesday's on-screen match up in new versions of those roles should provide for some very meta fun.

"People have asked me since I came back to the new 'Flash' -- has it felt weird? And I always said no, because Henry Allen is such a different character in Geoff Johns' reiteration of the Allen family that I just felt like I was playing a brand new part. But once I was in a Flash suit, going up against Mark – it was crazy," Shipp said of reuniting with Mark on screen in those roles (the two previously shared the screen in Season 1 of "The Flash" when Shipp was playing Henry Allen).

"One of the pictures that's been released is Mark and I face to face. … Right after they yelled cut on that, he looked at me, he said, 'We're grownups,'" Shipp recalled, with a laugh. "So it's wild and wacky. And you know what I really appreciate is everybody from Rachel [Talalay], the director, to obviously Andrew [Kreisberg] and Greg Berlanti and the Helbings [Todd and Aaron] -- everybody has such a joy about bringing these elements from the original show into the new show. It's a lot of fun. I can't wait for people to see that moment, actually, with me and Mark."

And the Jay/Trickster interaction should feature some nods to Shipp's "The Flash" series.

"Without saying too much, it is very reminiscent of a scene that Mark and I did . Some of the elements are the same and the hardcore fans will immediately recognize it from 'The Trial of the Trickster,' which was our very last episode from 1991," he said.

When Jay hears about Savitar from Barry, though, the name rings a bell. Shipp said his character has heard of the super-speedster.

"Yes. Hasn't seen him, and isn't quite sure whether he's a myth or whether he's real. But the myth is terrifying and it's clearly something that I was hoping that this younger speedster would never have to deal with, quite frankly," he said.

While it's cause for alarm, seeing how Jay reacts to the request for help should be interesting considering these two men don't have the same relationship Barry Allen had with the previous character Shipp played – Henry.

"In order to give us somewhere to go, we start with a little distance. Jay isn't entirely sure who is this guy. Is he making decisions based on personal whims or does he really care about the speed force?" Shipp said, referring to Jay and Barry's last scene together in episode 2 of the current season (at the diner). "So Jay's looking at him sort of out of the corner of his eye and asking him what kind of superhero does he want to be. Jay, I think, is also invested -- he's not egoless and he is invested as being the original speedster, which is so funny. There are so many overlaps between me having played The Flash back in 1990 and working with a young actor who I'm so fond of who's playing it today. And there's so many levels."

"It's like they say, 'OK, what was the dynamic of the original Flash? What is the dynamic, on a personal level, of having the guy who played The Flash 25 years ago in a show about The Flash starring someone else? How can we bend and how can we play and overlap what's going on between John and Grant, and what's going on between Jay and Barry," Shipp continued. "And that's what excites me also about this episode because we try to start where they were in the diner, and then this is the most involved I've been in any episode of the new show so far, and so there is a bit of an arc. There is a bit of what happens. How does Jay react when Barry crashes Earth 3? How does he react when he finds out that Barry is actually dealing with Savitar, this thing that I think is a speed force myth, that I'm not even sure is real, but I know is extremely dangerous? And so we get into some of that. What kind of bonding takes place in the course of this episode, and what is it that Jay and Barry share? There's a very vital element at the end of the episode that they share, which will give fans a lot to chew on during the long winter break."

http://www.accesshollywood.com/articles ... ar-threat/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- CW Crossover Behind-the-Music (DC Entertainment):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- THE FLASH | 3.10 "Borrowing problems from future" Promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzd58q6qtPs

- THE FLASH | 3.10 "Borrowing problems from future" Promo #2:

- THE FLASH | 3.10 "Borrowing problems from future" Extended Promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvJUFNNO-Jk

- THE FLASH | 3.10 "Borrowing problems from future" Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCyNAkvoJQg
https://www.facebook.com/TomCavanaghFan ... 869944190/

- THE FLASH | 3.10 "Borrowing problems from future" Clip #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvtmdvfVeZk
https://twitter.com/CW_TheFlash/status/ ... 9548575744

- THE FLASH | 3.10 "Borrowing problems from future" Clip #3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxKb_wln2M0
http://comicbook.com/2017/01/24/exclusi ... roblems-f/

- THE FLASH | 3.10 "Borrowing problems from future" Clip #4:

http://www.etonline.com/tv/208343_the_f ... st_powers/

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”