Re: "Nuevo proyecto para la CW sobre 'THE FLASH'"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "THE FLASH" en el "SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2014" (23-27 Julio) -

- Imágenes:
- Promos en el SDCC:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- De camino al SDCC:

Imagen Imagen

- Warner Bros. Television's Comic-Con cocktail media mixer at the Hard Rock Hotel's FLOAT Rooftop Bar:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Candids con los fans:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Signing:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Press Line:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- WBDC Panel:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Interviews:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Nintendo Lounge On The TV Guide Magazine Yacht At Comic-Con:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- TVguide yatch:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Playboy And A&E's Bates Motel Event:

Imagen Imagen

- EW Comic-Con Party:

Imagen Imagen

- Warner Bros. Television photo studio:

- IGN Comis-Con Portraits Studio:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Videos:
“The Flash” Shatters The Sound Barrier In Comic-Con Exclusive Promo (BuzzFeed)

New WBTV & DC Comics Animated Logos for THE FLASH

The Flash Bash (The Bosco)

Headed to Comic-Con? #TheFlash cast will see you there! #CWSDCC

Grant Gustin and The Flash Producers Talk Arrow Crossovers - Comic Con 2014 (IGN)

Relationships in The Flash - Comic Con 2014 (IGN)

The Flash Cast Talks Expectations of Season 1 - Comic Con 2014 (IGN)

Grant Gustin "The Flash" Teases Rogues Gallery & More - Comic-Con 2014 (Clevver News)

THE FLASH Season 1 Hints & Spoilers - Comic-Con 2014 (Clevver News)

John Wesley Shipp Talks Returning to THE FLASH World - Comic-Con 2014 (Clevver News)

Jesse L. Martin "The Flash" Interview - Comic-Con 2014 (Clevver News)

Danielle Panabaker "The Flash" Teases Season 1 - Comic-Con 2014 (Clevver News)

Candice Patton "The Flash" Teases ARROW Crossover - Comic-Con 2014 (Clevver News)

The Flash - Pilot Screening Reaction - Comic Con 2014 (IGN)

THE FLASH: Grant Gustin on the reaction to the Comic-Con screening (GiveMeMyRemoteTV)

THE FLASH: Grant Gustin Shares the Process of Becoming The Flash (GiveMeMyRemoteTV)

THE FLASH: Danielle Panabaker on the reaction to the Comic-Con screening (GiveMeMyRemoteTV)

THE FLASH: Greg Berlanti on Bringing in More Comic Characters, the Crossover with ARROW, and More (GiveMeMyRemoteTV)

Comic-Con 2014: Grant Gustin on Being ‘The Flash’ (CraveOnline)

Comic-Con 2014: Danielle Panabaker of ‘The Flash’ (CraveOnline)

Comic-Con 2014: Jesse L. Martin Loves ‘The Flash’ (CraveOnline)

Comic-Con 2014: ‘Flash’ Producer Andrew Kreisberg Interview (CraveOnline)

SDCC 2014 DC WB Panel Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, and Constantine Full Panel (Gonturan74)

Stephen Amell Plays Host During SDCC 2014 (Pop Goes the World)

'The Flash' himself, Grant Gustin, is 'pumped' for 'Arrow' and Felicity Smoak crossovers (zap2it)

'The Flash' cast reveals their surprising superhero and powers choices (zap2it)

Why 'The Flash' is a show for the whole family (EW)

SDCC 2014: Carpet Interview with Candice Patton for The Flash (Gig Patta)

Grant Gustin Talks THE FLASH (The TV Addict)

Grant Gustin Comic-Con Interview (TVFanatic)

Candice Patton Comic-Con Q&A (TVFanatic)

Danielle Panabaker Comic-Con Q&A (TVFanatic)

Jesse L. Martin Interview (TVFanatic)

Tom Cavanagh Talks The Flash (TVFanatic)

John Wesley Shipp Interview (TVFanatic)

Greg Berlanti Talks The Flash (TVFanatic)

Andrew Kreisberg Comic-Con Q&A (TVFanatic)

Grant Gustin - The CW's Flash - SDCC 2014 (KsiteTV)

CW FLASH - Andrew Kreisberg Interview - SDCC 2014 (KsiteTV)

New Flash TV Show - Candice Patton (Iris) Interview - SDCC 2014 (KsiteTV)

Tom Cavanagh of The CW's Flash - SDCC 2014 (KsiteTV)

Grant Gustin Interview - The Flash (HappyCool)

The Flash: What To Expect (HappyCool)

The Flash: What You Should Know (HappyCool)

Danielle Panabaker Interview - The Flash (HappyCool)

Jesse L. Martin Interview - The Flash (HappyCool)

John Wesley Shipp Interview - The Flash (HappyCool)

Tom Cavanagh Interview - The Flash (HappyCool)

Kreisberg & Berlanti On "The Flash's" Hopeful Tone (CBR)

Cavanagh, Martin & Shipp Divulge Some "The Flash" Facts (CBR)

Gustin, Patton & Panabaker Speed Into "The Flash" (CBR)

'The Flash': Danielle Panabaker On Robbie Amell Joining Cast (Access Hollywood)

Jesse L. Martin @ SDCC Previews THE FLASH and Joe West: Super-Protective Father (meredithjj's channel)

Grant Gustin @ SDCC: THE FLASH Preview, Barry's Father Figures and More (meredithjj's channel)

Tom Cavanagh THE FLASH Comic Con 2014 Interview (seat42f)

Grant Gustin THE FLASH Comic Con 2014 Interview (seat42f)

Grant Gustin Interview - The Flash (ShowbizJunkies)

Tom Cavanagh Interview - The Flash (ShowbizJunkies)

John Wesley Shipp Interview - The Flash (ShowbizJunkies)

Candice Patton Interview - The Flash (ShowbizJunkies)

Jesse L Martin Interview - The Flash (ShowbizJunkies)

Danielle Panabaker Interview - The Flash (ShowbizJunkies)

The Flash Interview with Andrew Kreisberg (BuddyTV)

The Flash Interview with Danielle Panabaker (BuddyTV)

The Flash Interview with Tom Cavanagh (BuddyTV)

The Flash Interview: Grant Gustin on Barry's Love Life and Father Figures (BuddyTV)

The Flash - Fan Q&A Part 1 (The CW)

The Flash - Fan Q&A Part 2 (The CW)

The Flash - Fan Q&A Part 3 (The CW)

The Flash - Fan Q&A Part 4 (The CW)

Candice Patton Talks THE FLASH at Comic Con 2014 (Melissa Lowery)

Grant Gustin talks THE FLASH at Comic Con 2014 (Melissa Lowery)

Andrew Kreisberg talks THE FLASH at Comic Con 2014 (Melissa Lowery)

Danielle Panabaker talks talks THE FLASH at Comic Con 2014 (Melissa Lowery)

Grant Gustin Chats about Season 1 of The Flash (The TeleVixen)

Tom Cavanagh Chats about Season 1 of The Flash (The TeleVixen)

Jesse L Martin Chats about Season 1 of The Flash (The TeleVixen)

Danielle Panabaker Chats about Season 1 of The Flash (The TeleVixen)

Candice Patton Discusses Season 1 of The Flash (The TeleVixen)

Greg Berlanti Chats about Season 1 of The Flash (The TeleVixen)

Andrew Kreisberg Chats about Season 1 of The Flash (The TeleVixen)

Wonder Woman's New Costume -- Stars at Comic-Con React! (toofab)

Grant Gustin & Willa Holland with Jesse L Martin greet fans at Late Night After Party 2014 Comic Con (PopCandiesTV)

Grant Gustin & Willa Holland with Jesse L Martin meet fans departing After Party for 2014 Comic Con (PopCandiesTV)

Grant Gustin & Willa Holland with Jesse L Martin enter Late Night After Party for 2014 Comic Con SD (PopCandiesTV)

Grant Gustin - The Flash signs autographs for us returning from ComicCon (OutlawHobbies)

- Informaciones:
- Grant Gustin era un gran fan de las películas de Christopher Reeve. "Cuando conseguí ponerme el traje por primera vez, aluciné."

- Sobre el teaser de 'Gorila Grodd': "Veréis a Grodd. Esa jaula no estaba ahí por error", asegura Geoff Johns.

- Hay una razón del por qué Mark Mardon no es 'Weather Wizard' en el piloto. Pero el decir el por qué lo es su hermano Clyde, aseguran los productores que responde tan sólo a razones de poder ser prescindible. Mark aparecerá más adelante en la serie.

- El Professor Zoom (también conocido como Reverse-Flash) será recurrente en algún momento de la temporada: mucho se especuló con que Rick Cosnett – quien interpreta al oficial de policía estrella Eddie Thawne - podría aparecer con las mallas rojas y amarillas en algún momento, y ahora parece que ése será el caso. Los show-runners siguen siendo reservados con la llegada de Reverse-Flash y su papel general en la serie, ya que es uno de los archi-enemigos de Flash que tiene lazos con la muerte de la madre de Barry Allen.

- Grant Gustin confiesa que tenía una cariño genuino por el personaje de Barry Allen: "Está lleno de esperanza y optimismo. Es torpe, y es brillante, y hay mucha profundidad en él". "Es muy fácil de identificarse con él porque es muy genuino."

- Greg Berlanti adelantó que habrá una pelea de superhéroes, y reveló que el episodio octavo del crossover se llamará "Flash vs. Arrow."

- Irán apareciendo muchos villanos de DC y tendremos un vistazo de alguien familiar de la galería de los chicos malos de la en el episodio 4.

- Al hacer la pregunta de ¿"Felicity y Oliver o Felicity y Barry?" Emily Bett contesta, "¿Y qué me dices de Ray Palmer aka Atom? Él es un hombre."

- Andrew Kreisberg explica que los tonos muy diferentes entre The Flash y Arrow fue algo intencionado "estábamos muy al tanto de no querer hacer la misma serie dos veces." Así es que, como Arrow tiene una "cualidad mucho más oscura," Flash es "menos serio, más brillante, y con un poco más de cielo azul."

- En cuanto al giro del final del piloto, Tom Cavanaugh puede sólo decir acerca de su personaje, Tom Wells, "Algunas veces, en el mundo de los cómics, la gente no es lo que aparenta ser. Y esta puede ser una de ésas ocasiones."

- Cuando le preguntaron a Jesse L. Martin que qué le trajo a la serie, éste contesto “Bueno onviamente he interpretado a un detective antes” (el detective Ed Green en Law & Order). Y continuó diciendo que en todos estos años Ed Green nunca consiguió disparar a nadie, y él ahora está disparando a metahumanos.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/warner_bros ... ne-2014-07
http://io9.com/ras-al-ghul-comes-to-arr ... rendacosta
http://www.geekexchange.com/sdcc-2014-t ... 29429.html
http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/weather- ... h/#!bpF4jX

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Los productores de 'The Flash' prometen desvíos sorprendentes, y sorprendentes visitas de 'Arrow' (THR):
Los productores de 'The Flash' prometen desvíos sorprendentes, y sorprendentes visitas de 'Arrow'
by Philiana Ng 7:00 AM PDT 7/24/2014

The CW's The Flash, a spinoff of the darker and broodier Arrow, takes a lighter spin with Barry Allen, the awkward Central City Police Department forensics expert so enthralled with the Arrow that he'd proclaim himself a fanboy. The change in tone was inevitable. As Arrow viewers glimpsed last fall during the two-hour Barry Allen arc, the man who would don the red suit had a more lively approach to life.

"When we were doing Arrow, we talked about Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy. When we were talking about The Flash, we talked a lot about Dick Donner's Superman films — its heart and humor and scope and Americana," executive producer Greg Berlanti tells The Hollywood Reporter.

While Arrow lends itself to being a "grandiose, sweeping Shakespearean epic," as executive producer Andrew Kreisberg describes to THR, The Flash simply isn't — and that's not a bad thing. Producers went out of their way to differentiate each show from the other, even though characters live within the same universe. (Two members of S.T.A.R. Labs crossed over to Arrow late last season.)

“Arrow takes place specifically at night and this is day, where in The Flash pilot, the action starts and ends in the daytime," explains Kreisberg, who calls titular character "a daytime hero." Adds Berlanti, "Arrow is a crime world and The Flash is a sci-fi world."

They would know. Arrow excludes non-human supernatural abilities, while The Flash teeters toward the sci-fi/fantastical. Case in point: The latter's pilot, which screened Wednesday during Comic-Con preview night, highlights a villain whose ability to control the weather was manifested post-particle accelerator explosion in Central City.

The Flash, like its mothership, is an origin story. Geoff Johns, an executive producer on The Flash and DC Comics' chief creative officer, told reporters July 18 that The Flash "is probably the most faithful DC adaptation ever." Producers emphasize that Barry Allen's story will have unexpected detours along the way.

"Viewers will be surprised by what we choose to do," Berlanti assures, referencing last year's big bad on Arrow as a prime lesson. "Slade Wilson was a great example in the first two years of Arrow. Deathstroke was somebody people knew about but we did our own version of it and were able to twist and turn some of those elements."

One of those turns will be an Arrow drop-by in Flash's episode four, which brings Felicity over to Central City. It'll be the first time Oliver Queen's right-hand woman will make an appearance on the new series and Kreisberg promises Felicity will have the same wry humor on The Flash that she does on Arrow. Notes Berlanti, "Even Arrow seems a little bit more hopeful and optimistic when he’s in The Flash pilot."

A two-hour "crossover event" will also take shape during the shows' respective eighth episodes. "There will be a villain in each one that will be more evocative of that show so that will help separate them out. But there'll be an overarching story to the two episodes," Berlanti says. "It’s a first for us. I just know that it’s something, as a fan, I would want desperately."

Ahead of its Oct. 7 debut, The Flash has already booked notable names in key DC roles like Robbie Amell, who starred in Berlanti's shortlived sci-fi drama The Tomorrow People. ("It wouldn't be a superhero show without an Amell," Kreisberg jokes.) Amell appears in The Flash for at least three episodes in the first 13 s one-half of Firestorm, Ronnie Raymond, and Caitlin Snow's presumed-dead fiance. But, there is a chance he'll be sticking around. "I don't want to give too much away with how we're handling [his story] but yes, there's a possibility for more," teases Berlanti.

Introducing Ronnie into The Flash universe early on was in the cards while the pilot was being formulated. "Having Ronnie be Caitlin’s fiancé brings up great story lines for Caitlin and great stories for Barry," Kreisberg says. "Barry is someone who’s learning to love and enjoy his powers and when we meet Ronnie, you’re going to see somebody who’s a lot more damaged by the experience. As always, any of these external characters are there to mirror what’s going on with our core characters.”

The same goes for Prison Break alum Wentworth Miller, who guest-stars in the fourth episode as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold, whom Berlanti hopes will return past the one-episode commitment.

With an abundance of DC adaptations on the small screen (Gotham on Fox, Arrow and The Flash on The CW and Constantine on NBC), worrying over the influx is valid. "We always feel like a rising tide lifts all boats, in that the more that there are out thee that are good is great for all of us and that’s good for us," Berlanti says.

At the end of the day, the first season of The Flash is the making-of another superhero. "It's Barry Allen coming to terms both physically and emotionally with what’s happened to him," Kreisberg says. "He’s not really The Flash yet because he’s still in the early days. By the end of the year, he will come to resemble The Flash that we know from the comic books. That’s really the arc for the first year."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ted-720853?

- Grant Gustin Comenta el tener a "The Flash" listo y corriendo (comicbookresources):
Grant Gustin Comenta el tener a "The Flash" listo y corriendo
Por Scott Huver 24 de Julio, 2014

Actor Grant Gustin's take on Barry Allen won viewers' hearts at lightning speed when he debuted the character on "Arrow," and he's hoping they'll race along with him as he dashes into the fall spinoff series "The Flash."

Gustin spoke with a small group of reporters gathered at The CW's summer party for the Television Critics Association and offered up some teasers about what fans can expect as he sprints headlong into the new series, including learning to run the right way, not-so-secret identities and learning how to rock that red suit.

What have been some of the unexpected treats of the process, both in getting the gig and seeing it coming closer to fruition?

Grant Gustin: It's all been unexpected, to be honest. I don't know if I could pick the coolest unexpected thing. It really has been just a whirlwind so far and I never would've expected a job like this to come around for me. It's really surreal I'm having a lot of fun. I'm just glad that we've started filming.

How long did it take you to find your comfort zone in the suit?

I haven't really had much -- in the pilot, I only shot two scenes in the suit, and as of now, in this episode, I just shot in it yesterday. Yesterday was kind of the first time I felt like The Flash in the suit. It was funny, because I was getting my ass kicked. It's kind of the first time you see him in combat. He's not going to be awesome at it right away obviously.

Did you have to learn how to run the right way for the character?

Yeah! You don't realize that there is a real way of running correctly, I guess! I've always been fast, but I worked with a track and field trainer to get the right movements. Now I'm working with a new trainer and we're doing a lot of treadmill, but it's mostly just cross training my whole body.

When you went on "Arrow," did you realize you would do "The Flash" series?

When I auditioned for it, I knew that it was a potential spinoff. At that point, I thought it was a backdoor pilot. We didn't know it'd be a standalone but I was excited about this show long before I had anything to do with it so I think everyone kind of knew that we'd probably at least get a season, just because it's such an iconic character and everything. I knew when I auditioned that there was a possibility.

Will Barry keep in contact with Felicity?

Yeah -- she's actually going to be in episode four of "Flash."

Will Iris find out you are the Flash sooner rather than later?

She may know more about that than I know, but I do know everyone close to me is going to start to find out pretty quickly. It's not even going to be dragged out over the course of one season. I mean, Joe finds out in the pilot. Anyone that's close to me that sees me in the Flash suit is going to recognize me, which I think is kind of cool. Even if I'm in the mask, if they know me well enough, they know it's me. So that might be how she finds out. I don't really know.

How long will it be until you can control your powers?

I don't really know. That's a broad question in a way, because he can do so much in the comics and hopefully we have seasons to develop some of the powers. I think I'll get a handle on at least the speed aspect of it pretty quickly. There's new problems that are happening in episode two with my body and how the speed is affecting my body. There's some new issues.

Is he going to keep his CSI job?

Yes.

Will there be a case every week that he works for his day job?

I don't really know yet but it's looking like there will be a case every week that's somehow connected to these villains that are appearing because of the particle accelerator explosion. They're going to be connected usually, it's looking like.

Who is the first classic Flash villain we get a glimpse of?

Well, we had Weather Wizard in the first [episode]. I'm trying to think if anything's been said. The next two episodes, they're both very iconic Flash villains. I don't want to give away too much, but they're both iconic, both very memorable villains. We're going to get most of them, it's looking like.

How long before you find out the truth about Harrison Wells?

That may be a while. That might not be something I find out about this [season]. There's a lot of complexities to his lies. He's very much tied into the comic books, his character. There's a lot of complexities to all of Harrison Wells' lies.

How did you and Stephen Amell discuss how Arrow and The Flash would express their admiration for each other?

It was mostly Andrew [Kreisberg, executive producer] telling us what the feel should be, because he knows it all. Out of all the superheroes, he loves Green Arrow and Flash so he helped us set the tone for that scene.

How much of a research nerd have you been, digging into the comics?

At first, I was reading everything, which was kind of confusing. I was reading a lot of the different eras, but now I'm mostly just reading the New 52 series because I just love the way it looks. It's the closest to our origin story and what we're doing. Now that I'm working with scripts and we're shooting, I don't have as much time to read comic books. I'm reading the scripts and shooting, but what I am reading is the New 52 series. Not just Flash -- I'm reading Superman now. I love how those look.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=54270

- Candice Patton dice que está lista para redefinir a Iris West (comicbookresources):
Candice Patton dice que está lista para redefinir a Iris West
Por Scott Huver 25 de Julio, 2014

Barry Allen always needs something to come running back to after his adventures as the Flash, and actress Candice Patton's take on Iris West will be the scarlet speedster's proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel" on The CW's new superhero series.

In a one-on-one conversation with Comic Book Resources, Patton discusses her breakthrough role as the comic book hero's longtime love, including her surprise at just how high-profile her gig has become. She also describes her anticipation over interacting with fans and her excitement over her color-blind casting.

Comic Book Resources: There's so much buzz and anticipation for this show. Have you ever been involved in anything like this?

Candice Patton: No! I mean, this is probably the biggest thing I've done to date, so it's really exciting. I've been guest starring for so long, and you hear so many nos. You get so close to so many things. And so for this to be the first series that I'm on, it's a dream come true. I mean, this is everything I could ever imagine for my first series.

When it started being a reality for you, did you have any idea that "The Flash" would have that kind of draw coming off of "Arrow" and what's happening with the superhero world?

I didn't understand how popular it was, but when I booked the job and they did the press release and my Twitter kind of blew up, I was kind of like, "What is this? What is this fandemonium?" I slowly started to realize, "Oh, I'm on 'The Flash.'" This is iconic, and I'm part of that. My life will never be the same after this. It's scary and exciting all at the same time.

As an actor, are you a research nerd? Did you look at the mythology closely?

Well, here's the thing: It's based on a DC comic, so it's not by the book of how fans will know the Flash, but yeah, I did a little research. I went to my local comic book store, and I read up on some Flash comics, just to get a tone and a feel of what fans who've grown up with these comics love about the Flash. But I didn't want to get too research-heavy because it's new and it's modern. The producers and writers have a new idea for this Flash, and I want to be open to that.

Were you very excited to realize the color-blind casting for Iris? You have a chance to play the character without having to look exactly like the person in the comic.

Well, when I went in for that, I had no idea that Iris West wasn't black. It wasn't until I booked it, and then I saw some fans were a little upset and I realized that Iris was really a Caucasian person. It's a tricky thing -- I know fans want to see the characters that they grew up with, but I think what I found that I love about comics is that they're constantly being reinvented and reimagined. This is just another facet of that.

What do you love about Iris?

What I love about Iris, and what I'm trying to incorporate more in my life is, she's so positive and so fun-loving. I think she always finds the light at the end of the tunnel, and she's that for Barry: She's the light at the end of the tunnel. No matter what he's dealing with every day, as Barry or the Flash, at the end of the day, he comes home and Iris is still that kind of light in his life. That's what I'm learning to remember in my own life.

What have been some of the unexpected surprises of working on the show as it's finding its legs and moving forward?

The surprises are, it's fun! I really love this cast of people. It's just a good, grounded group of actors, and we're so excited to be a part of this show. Every day, we show up to work trying to make the best show we can because we know fans are expecting that. It's nice to work with actors who take it seriously and also are having a really good time being at work.

As you get closer to interacting with the fans, it's got to be both a little exciting and intimidating. What does it mean to get closer to the people who have such passion for these characters?

I love it! I have no trepidations about that! I think the fans are amazing, and the more I can meet them and learn what they love about the Flash, I'm excited to do that. I'm so lucky to even be a part of this show, to give them a piece of that is my gift to them. I'm more than happy to do it.

What was it like, getting your chemistry going with Grant Gustin?

Easy! Well, the great thing about when I auditioned for this: I got to read with Grant, and that's what made it so easy. We instantly had a chemistry and a friendship. I think it's because we have a common sensibility and a common sense of humor, so that shows up on screen very easily for us.

Did they test that out on you before you were cast?

For sure. I think they were mostly looking for chemistry between Barry and Iris, and when we got in the room together, it just worked. It was very easy, is what I can say. It was just easy.

Although it doesn't really play into Iris's comics history, would you love to get into costume and do some superhero-ing yourself?

I'm not going to lie: I would love it. Come on! Put me in leather. Give me some kind of superpower. I would love it! I mean, I know we probably won't go down that route, but listen, I'm not going to turn it down!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=54302

- John Wesley Shippsobre 'The Flash': "Vamos a ser una serie Divertida" (comicbook):
John Wesley Shippsobre 'The Flash': "Vamos a ser una serie Divertida"
Por Russ Burlingame 29/07/2014

John Wesley Shipp has been associated with DC Comics's The Flash since 1990, when he appeared in a short-lived but much-loved TV series as Barry Allen himself.

Now, of course, he's playing Barry's wrongfully-convicted father in The CW's reboot of the franchise, a spinoff of their hit show Arrow.

At Comic Con International last weekend, Shipp met with ComicBook.com and other reporters to talk about the challenges of the original series, the surreal experience of relaunching it and whether he thinks a fun, light superhero show can thrive in the age of Nolan and company.

How do you feel about a reborn Flash and an opportunity to write yourself into that narrative?

Very rarely in any walk of life, especially in my profession, do you get the opportunity -- if I may use the metaphor -- to return to the scene of the crime.

Were your memories of your Flash happy ones?

You know, it's the hardest thing I ever did. When I saw Grant [Gustin], I hadn't seen him since the pilot and I said, "Is it starting to get real yet?" Because oh, my God, you know?

And of course we don't want to hear people who have been gifted with the opportunity to play superheroes whine endlessly about the suit. You could have avoided the suit -- I could have avoided it by simply saying no to the role. I certainly didn't want to do that. Having said that, it's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. You know, with the glue and not being able to clean it and breaking out and it still being wet at five in the morning when I put it back on and wearing -- $100,000 to make four suits in 1990, you know? -- so wearing $25,000 worth of foam latex which they had to spray with the sealant becuase I'm sweating through it. All that stuff! Putting the glue on, taking the glue off...what was your question?

You're playing The Flash's dad but Grant has this unique opportunity of somebody who's been through this already. What advice have you given him?

None!

I was asked that on Dawson's Creek. They said, do you give advice to the young actors and I said, oh, God, I hope not. And if I do, I hope they stop me because believe me, that young man needs no advice.

I tuned into Arrow when I found out what I would be playing to see the way he worked and what I was delighted to see was absolute sincerity that he brings to the part. There's no acting. It's sincerity; he is who he is and when he would talk about his dad, he certainly didn't know that I was playing the role, but whatever he was drawing on, I couldn't find the seams. I couldn't find the acting, which I loved.

After the pilot and working with him in the pilot and particularly in that last prison scene, I was like, "Wow, this kid has chops." He can do the comedy, he can do the goofy and then he can turn around and break your heart.

And let's face it: it's 2014, it's 23 years later. It's about time we got a clue that The Flash's thing is speed and should be aerodynamic! [Laughs] We were still in post-Mack McGwire/Jose Canseco/Pumping Iron hangover in 1990 so The Flash had to be...we did cut the suit down as we went but it makes absolute sense where they're going. People say "Is it familiar?" I say in the sense that you walk up to a familiar door, you open it and you're in a brand-new house. The whole idea of Emmet Walsh (who played my dad, and Priscilla Pointer played my mother) -- the idea of Emmet Walsh having killed Priscilla Pointer -- it's like poor Amy Irving is an orphan now?

But when i first heard, everybody was saying "Jay Garrick, Jay Garrick." But when I heard Barry's dad is wrongfully imprisoned in Iron Heights, wrongfully convicted of killing his wife, Barry's mother, I went, "That's the role." So I was delighted when they called and they offered me that role.

But to answer your question, it is an incredible opportunity. Of course there was a lot of pain. We were all working so hard. It was kind of good news/bad news: the bad news is, you're not renewed; the good news is, you're not renewed. Because relationships broke up, people's health declined, our guest stars by about the fifth day of an episode were walking around like "I can't believe you do this every week." But having put so much heart into something and it doesn't get the traction you'd hoped, there is pain to that. So to be able to return to that and have healing around that is a blessing, it really is.

Even with the heaviness to the backstory, I hear The Flash is going to have a lighter tone than Arrow.

Oh, totally. The thing that I like is the balance. The Flash has been somewhat problematic, hasn't it, in terms of bringing it to the screen. Maybe it has something to do with the gold ears; I don't know. Is there enough threat? Well, Geoff has solved that with the family. He's given Barry an edge with what he's dealing with -- my God. He's got a compelling reason. Yes, I had the murder of my brother but the set of situations that Geoff has set up for him gives it the gravitas so it frees us up to have the humor without it being completely silly. What I love about the pilot is you're seeing all of these effects and you're laughing and wow, it's a great ride at the amusement park, then suddenly it slips it in.

But I like it -- and I also like it because it's true to Barry Allen. It's been hard becuase everything has to be so dark and we'll see. Everything is Game of Thrones, you have to be surprised every few seconds with a hatchet in the head or it's not entertainment. That's not going to be us. We're going to be sci-fi, there's going to be heart, there's going to be serious given circumstances but it's going ot be a ride at the amusement park and we'll see if modern sensibility will take to that. Becuase Gotham's going to have the darkness. Constantine's going to have the darkness. We're going to be the fun show and it remains to be seen -- that's the next chapter, isn't it?

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/29/th ... -fun-show/

- Greg Berlanti habla sobre el Speedforce y los Flashbacks (tvovermind):
Greg Berlanti habla sobre el Speedforce y los Flashbacks
Por Andy 05 Agosto, 2014

One of the most anticipated shows of the 2014-2015 Season is the Arrow spin-off show, The Flash, the fastest man alive in the DC Universe that is coming to The CW this October. Last Saturday morning, TVOvermind was able to participate in The Flash press junket where both the cast and executive producers were present. Today’s interview features our chat that we had with Arrow and Flash show-runner, Greg Berlanti as we ask him about the Speedforce as well as potential flashbacks for the other characters on the show.

TVOvermind’s Andy Behbakht: One of the things that is important in Flash mythos is the Speedforce and is that something we are going to see soon in the series or will you build slowly towards it as the show progresses?

Greg Berlanti: I think it’s an essential part of the character and our hopes are to touch some element of that sooner rather than later.How we land on it and how we introduce it, I feel that part of our job a lot of the times is sort of figure out a way to make it as dramatic and interesting as possible and introduce it dramatically to the audience so that everyone who doesn’t know anything about the Speedforce might go “Wow! OK, I get that, I understand that”. But yeah, in success we would really deal with it on the show, I think.

TVO: Does it have to a lot with the visuals too? Because the Speedforce has a certain look to itself which is big and very graphical?

Berlanti: Absolutely! I think that [when talking about visually], again it’s so much dependent on as we do the smaller parts, individually successfully then we will sort of try and build towards a good rendering [of the Speedforce].

TVO: How will the flashbacks be done on The Flash compared to Arrow? Will it be perhaps through the other characters’ point of view throughout the nine months since Barry was in a coma?

Berlanti: We haven’t come up with that one yet, but that’s a good idea so maybe we will do one of those! [laughs] But we do different kinds, sometimes it is his childhood because there is obviously the part of the mystery of what also happened to his mom. As we deal with that throughout the year, we will go back there and then each of the characters’ backstories that we will go into.

I think one thing that is really interesting, to us, is when he runs, – if you notice it in the pilot –, that a lot of the flashbacks are happening around his running. It helps make the running more dynamic too because there is things that he is brought back to and you mentioned the Speedforce, there is probably a world where he is not just flashing back at some point.

http://www.tvovermind.com/interviews-tv ... cks-237547

Read more at http://www.tvovermind.com/interviews-tv ... Z5t2zOI.99

- Jesse L. Martin habla dobre el Detective Joe West y el estatus de la Sra. West (tvovermind):
Jesse L. Martin habla dobre el Detective Joe West y el estatus de la Sra. West
Por Andy 06 Augosto, 2014

If you know that little show, Law & Order, then you definitely don’t need any introduction to one of the star powers on The Flash, Jesse L. Martin who will be playing Detective Joe West, the father of Iris West (Candice Patton) and the surrogate father of Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) aka The Flash.

TVOvermind was able to participate in The Flash press junket at roundtables at San Diego Comic-Con where we got to ask Mr. Martin about entering the comic book genre and what the status is of Mrs. West on the show.

TVOvermind’s Andy Behbakht: How does it feel to be part of this big comic book genre with a huge show like The Flash?

Jesse L. Martin: Well you know, you come to a place like this and you get all this love before anyone has even seen it on TV, it feels awesome! I couldn’t imagine like more love, it’s phenomenal. I mean obviously, I have gotten to play a detective before so that’s nothing new to me. But what is new is that I get to shoot stuff! [laughs] Crazy stuff, you know?

TVO: And you get to interact with a superhero too!

Martin: Exactly, that’s awesome dude! You know, I feel like a little kid sometimes, running around with this gun, getting to wear a badge, like holy s**t, excuse my language! [laughs] But yeah, it’s awesome, absolutely awesome.

TVO: I don’t know if this was in an earlier draft of the script or so, but what is the status of Mrs. West, your wife, Iris’s mother?

Martin: That’s a really good question! I don’t know, they didn’t tell me. I asked them a couple of times, I said “Is there a Mrs. West?” and they said yes. I say, “is she around?”, they say no and I was like “should I know anything else?” and they said no. I will tell you something though, when I started the project, particularly when we were starting with the pilot, Andrew [Kreisberg], Geoff [Johns] and Greg [Berlanti] were sort of like telling me about the world of The Flash.

All the details, all the meta-humans, what is coming and you know, who this gorilla is, why that cage is there and I was like “Stop! Don’t tell me anything else!”. I didn’t grow up in this [comic book] world, I don’t know this world, and neither did Joe. So that’s the way I want to play, like I don’t need to know, yes I know that Wenthworth [Miller] is coming, I have no idea who he is playing, I don’t know what he looks like and I want to keep it that way.

That’s the only way I think to play Joe West to be just like the audience, he sees it like you guys see it. He is one of the only humans standing there, “normal” humans I mean, so that’s the way I want to keep it, I don’t want to know too much.

So I’m sure that I know what is up with my wife, maybe I don’t, but I apparently told Iris that she is dead. So I don’t know what else, I’m sure I will be just as surprised as you when she shows up or IF she shows up you know?

http://www.tvovermind.com/interviews-tv ... est-237582

- Danielle Panabaker habla sobre la relación entre Caitlin Snow/Cisco Ramon Relationship y más (tvovermind):
Danielle Panabaker habla sobre la relación entre Caitlin Snow/Cisco Ramon Relationship y más
Por Andy 5 Agosto, 2014

One of the huge talents of one of the most anticipated shows of the 2014-2015 Season, The Flash, is Danielle Panabaker, who will be portray Caitlin Snow who in the comics becomes the big ice villainous, Killer Frost. Last Saturday morning, TVOvermind was able to participate in The Flash press junket for roundtables where we got to ask Ms. Panabaker about Caitlin’s relationship with Cisco Ramon (Carlos Valdes) and the Flash himself, Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) and other aspects of her character. Here’s the interview:

TVOvermind’s Andy Behbakht: In the pilot and the Arrow episode that your character and Cisco Ramon [episode 20 of season 2, “The Man Under The Hood”] showed up in, it seems that you guys have sort of a brother/sister-relationship, is that how you look at it?

Danielle Panabaker: I absolutely see it as a very much sibling relationship, you know, they riff each other a little bit, but they also love each other so much. Having been through this very traumatic event of the particular accelerator explosion, I’m sure that’s bonded them on a very different level too.

TVO: Is that something we might see in flashbacks, as well as how they met each other?

Panabaker: I hope so! I hope you get to see some more history of their relationship.

TVO: Something that we see in the pilot between your character and Barry is that he notices that she is a bit guarded, so do you think Barry is going to be the one who will perhaps help her cheer up a bit?

Panabaker: In episode 103 [titled “Things You Can’t Outrun”], you see some really beautiful moments between Barry and Caitlin. As you know, she is grieving this very recent lost of her fiancée and he lost his mom fourteen years ago so they start to bond over that. Caitlin feels safe opening up to him.

TVO: Caitlin seems to be a bit skeptical about this whole new concept of meta-humans, is she slowly going to start accepting it or is it still going to be a bit crazy for her?

Panabaker: Well you know, if he was like “I can run 500 miles an hour”, you would not believe him if he just said that right off the bat, that’s crazy, that is ridiculous. That is what is so nice about Caitlin is that she is very grounded in reality, she is like “OK, show me! Prove it to me!” But once you see the physical proof, you can’t deny it.

TVO: So she is going to accept that meta-humans are a thing now?

Panabaker: Yeah I mean, I think you see it, you see that people were affected by it. You see Clyde Mardon was affected by it and you know, in each episode there is a new rogue, someone new for us to take on.

http://www.tvovermind.com/interviews-tv ... hip-237574?

- Grant Gustin y Candice Patton hablan sobre la Season 1 (tvovermind):
Grant Gustin y Candice Patton hablan sobre la Season 1
Por Andy on 6 Agosto, 2014

Last Saturday, TVOvermind was able to participate in The Flash press junket at roundtables at San Diego Comic-Con where we got to talk to both The Flash (Grant Gustin) and Iris West (Candice Patton), so let’s start with Ms. Patton as she talks about how Iris looks at this superhero.

TVOvermind’s Andy Behbakht: Beyond the first episode, how is Iris going to react to someone like The Flash?

Candice Patton: I do know that she is very interested in The Flash and who this person is, that’s kind of peeking her interest in being a journalist and it’s motivating her to kind of figure out who this guy. It’s causing an interesting dynamic between her and Barry because Barry wants to say to her “Hi, I’m The Flash! Be interested in me!”, she is just so overly interested in this guy who is running around and saving everyone.

It’s such a glorious title to be a superhero and for her not to know that it’s really just her best friend who she grew up with, it’s a hard thing isn’t? But I think it’s cool, I don’t know when she will find out, but it will probably be a slow burn, you know? We don’t want to give that away too soon, but she will figure it out, she is super-smart!

Last but absolutely not the least, The Flash himself as he talks about the team dynamic that he has with the characters at S.T.A.R. Labs and whether or not he will eventually become the team leader.

TVO: Barry has this team with Caitlin Snow, Cisco Ramon and Dr. Harrison Wells at S.T.A.R. Labs, but he is slowly going to become the leader of this team or is he at the beginning going to let them guide him through this?

Grant Gustin: Well he definitely needs them, I mean if he woke up from the coma and was just by himself, I don’t think it would go very well so he definitely needs them right now. But Barry is kind of stubborn because he has always done his own thing a little bit, he has always been an outcast and now he has these friends, but they are his powers.

I think he is going to let them [the team] kind of drive the car for a little bit, but yeah he may end up becoming the team leader because he is incredibly bright, they all are though but he is also stubborn so I think sometimes he is not going to listen to their advice. [laughs]

http://www.tvovermind.com/interviews-tv ... one-237597

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes BTS de la S1 (23-25 Julio, 2014):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Kelly Frye será 'Plastique' en "The Flash":
MV5BNjg1NzY1MDM1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUwNzQ1Nw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
La serie de "The Flash" ha escogido a la actriz Kelly Frye como 'Bette Sans Souci aka Plastique',

Frye hará su debut en el quinto eqpisodio de la serie.

Una esperta en artefactos explosivos en Irak, tras la exposición a la energía liberada por el caos de los S.T.A.R. Labs, Bette ahora tiene la habilidad de convertir cualquier objeto que toque en un explosivo. Intentando escaparse de las duerzas a la sombra del gobierno de los EEUU que intenta convertirla en un arma humana, encuentra un aliado en The Flash.

Entre otros trabajos de Frye figuran el drama de la Fox 'Rake', 'NCIS: Los Angeles' y 'The Mentalist'.

Clásica villana de DC, Plastique fue un interés amoroso y enemiga del Captain Atom y también un miembro del Suicide Squad. El primer número en el que 'Plastique' apareció en los cómics se llamó "The Fury of Firestorm #7" y, como recordaréis, este héroe de los cómics también aparecerá en la serie interpretado por Robbie Amell.

En Smallville, el personaje fue interpretado por Jessica Parker Kennedy en la octava temporada.

http://uk.eonline.com/news/564179/the-f ... 65-kristin

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo banner promocional:

Imagen

(Thanks to @CW_TheFlash)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Primeras imágenes bts de Wentworth Miller en el rodaje de "The Flash" en el Vancouver Community College (06-08-14):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@CWTVFlash: Wentworth Miller (Leonard Snart aka Captain Cold) filming #TheFlash in Vancouver today! #GoingRogue)

http://yvrshoots.com/2014/08/shoot-the- ... more-32095
http://www.justjared.com/2014/08/06/wen ... et-photos/

- "The Flash" añade a 'Girder' como otro de los miembros de "The Rogues":
La CW está contruyendo en 'The Flash' su galería de villanos en la S1.

Además de 'Weather Wizard' en la premiere y de escoger a Wentworth Miller como 'Captain Cold', la serie añadirá en el capítulo 6 como personaje recurrente a 'Tony Woodward aka Girder'.

Imagen
teel which includes scraps from S.T.A.R. Labs experiments after assaulting a female co-worker.

En DC Comics, Woodward era un malcriado obrero siderúrgico quien tras ser arojado en un tanque de metal derretido contaminado por los desechos de los experimentos de S.T.A.R. Labs tras asaltar a una compañera de trabajo, emergió como una masa de hierro viviente con fuerza sobrehumana, inmune a casi todo, aunque se oxida. 'Girder' fue creado por Geoff Johns y Ethan Van Sciver, y apareció por primera vez en 2001 en "Flash: Iron Heights series".

La llamada de cásting de la serie para el papel, describe al personaje como alguien que solía intimidar al joven en el patio del recreo. Ahora, como resultado de un giro del destino, Woodward es “un sonriente zoquete que adora la destrucción,” una “imparable fuerza... que puede convertir cualquier parte de su cuerpo en acero sólido.”

http://tvline.com/2014/08/06/the-flash- ... rd-girder/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash - "My Name Is..." New Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egptEhSWF-U

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo Crossover de The Flash/Arrow llevará a 'The Clock King' a Central City:
BudzoJVIcAEADz3.jpg
De nuevo tenemos noticias sobre un crossover entre Flash-Arrow y esta vez vendrá para traer de cabeza a Barry Allen.

Robert Knepper repetirá en su papel de 'William Tockman' (aka The Clock King) en el episodio 1.07 de "The Flash". The Clock King es el villano que apareció tanto en Starling como en Central City, enfrentándose a Oliver y el resto de equipo en el episodio de la Season 2 “Time of Death.”

Pero esperad a que las cosas se pongan aún peor, porque The Clock King no trabajará solo.

“Queríamos darle a Barry un verdadero reto… ¡DOS chico malos!” sice el productor ejecutivo Andrew Kreisberg, añadienco que Barry estará “luchando con un nuevo enemigo y uno de nuestros más aterradores y exitosos villanos de Arrow, The Clock King.”

Aún no sabemos nada de qué otro villano puede tratarse.

http://tvline.com/2014/08/07/flash-arro ... lock-king/

- Imágenes BTS del rodaje del crossover con Felicity en el parque de Davie & Seymour (07-08-14):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@chinoiskai: @EmilyBett blows kisses to the @FLASHtvwriters and #TheFlash fans! We're going to steal her from you)

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(Thanks to punkd_images & JustJared)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Clancy Brown se une a "The Flash" como 'The General':
clancy-brown-warcraft-film-1.jpg

"The Flash" a unido a sus filas al actor de "Sleepy Hollow" Clancy Brown en un importante papel recurrente.

Brown interpretará al 'General Wade Eiling', también conocido como 'The General', cabeza del equipo de iperaciones encubiertas que persigue a 'Plastique' (Kelly Frye) con la esperanza de usarla como una arma humana. Descrito como un hombre alto e imponente, con "un rostro esculpido por años de servicio," Eiling está fanáticamente decidido a proteger los intereses Americanos por todo el mundo y puede que tenga lazos con un personaje central de 'The Flash'. Aparecerá por primera vez en el episodio 1.05.

El personaje ha sido representado en los cómics y en muchas películas animadas, entre las que están "Justice League Unlimited" (con la voz de J.K. Simmons), y algunas veces como aliado y otras como némesis de la Justice League y Amanda Waller. También tiene lazos con el Suicide Squad.

Brown es la última incorporación al elenco de estrellas invitadas entre las que están Robbie Amell como la mitad de Firestorm y Wentworth Miller como el Captain Cold.

Brown, quien apareció en la película del 2016 "Warcraft" y fue la voz de Lex Luthor en muchas películas animadas, está representado por ICM Partners y Pop Art Management. También fue la voz del villano 'Parallax', para la película de Greg Berlanti del 2011 "The Green Lantern".

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ing-724233

- Nueva imagen BTS (11-08-14):

Imagen

(Thanks toi @jess_newman83)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- El elenco y los Producers de "The Flash" hablan sobre los Villanos, las conexiones con "Arrow" Connections y un tono más brillante (CBR):
El elenco y los Producers de "The Flash" hablan sobre los Villanos, las conexiones con "Arrow" Connections y un tono más brillante
Por Albert Ching 14 de Agosto, 2014

Before it had a spot on The CW's fall 2014 schedule, "The Flash" star Grant Gustin portrayed soon-to-be-speedster Barry Allen on two "Arrow" episodes late last year. The connections didn't stop there -- Carlos Valdes and Danielle Panabaker inaugurated their "Flash" roles as Cisco Ramon and Caitlin Snow in an "Arrow" installment this past spring -- and look to grow even deeper when both shows are up and running.

"For us, so much of the fun of getting to do a spinoff, and getting to do these superheroes, is that they do exist in the same world, and that we do get to see them interact," Andrew Kreisberg, an executive producer on both "Arrow" and "The Flash," told a group of reporters including CBR News during roundtable interviews late last month at Comic-Con International in San Diego. "The big crossovers, like having Oliver and Felicity and Dig coming over to 'Flash,' but then just even the little things, like the scene in the pilot. On a news screen on a 'Flash' episode the newscaster says, 'In other news, Ray Palmer's takeover of Queen Consolidated…' just reminding people that they are in the same world. Not in a way that if you're not watching one of the shows, you're going to be like, 'What the hell is going on?' but if you are watching both shows, it's like, 'Oh, that's so nice.'"

It's already been revealed that "Arrow" star Stephen Amell has an appearance in the "Flash" pilot, and it's also been confirmed that Emily Bett Rickards will appear as Felicity Smoak in the junior series' fourth episode. It's a significant guest appearance, as Gustin's two "Arrow" episodes established a possible romance between his and Rickards' characters -- before Barry was struck by lightning that put him in a coma (but on the plus side, also gave him superpowers).

"There's unfinished business with Barry and Felicity," Kreisberg said. "I think it would have been a disservice to all the people who were supporting 'Barricity' -- and as much as it clearly had meant to Felicity over the back half of the season -- to not address that. In some ways, it was more important to have Felicity and Barry crossover than it was to do bigger crossovers, like the Arrow and the Flash."

The fourth episode of "The Flash" will also introduce actor Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart, known in DC Comics lore as Captain Cold -- one of the foremost figures of The Flash's "rogues," and a personal favorite of "Flash" TV executive producer (and DC chief creative officer/former "The Flash" comic book writer) Geoff Johns.

"Captain Cold is the Joker, he's Lex Luthor, for the Flash," Kreisberg said. "We seem to always be the beneficiary of great timing. Wentworth, since he finished 'Prison Break,' he's been screenwriting. He was just now sort of wanting to dip his toe back into acting. It was perfect timing."

Kreisberg said he believes The Flash has "hands-down the best villains" of any superhero -- with the admitted possible exceptions of Batman and Spider-Man -- which helps open up opportunities that don't necessarily present themselves on "Arrow."

"The villains are in some ways just as interesting as the hero," Kreisberg said. "Not because they're flamboyant, but because they have their own lives. Getting to dip into them -- it's no secret Green Arrow doesn't have the world's greatest villains. After Merlyn and Vertigo, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. But there's this sort of endless supply of villains we're going to get to use [on 'The Flash']."

Even though "Arrow" and "The Flash" are firmly set in the same world, the inherent differences between the two characters provide the creative teams with a wide array of material to explore in the newer show -- both the grounded world of "Arrow" and the more fantastic situations of "The Flash."

"We're actually going to have one villain from 'Arrow' come over in one of the early episodes," Kreisberg said. "What's so much fun about 'Flash' is -- on 'Arrow,' we've generally steered towards the non-powered villains. Even when we had some of the powered villains, we de-powered them, or we fit them into our world, like the Royal Flush Gang. Now, doing 'The Flash,' it's opened up -- not only the Flash, who has the best villains of any comic book characters, but also a lot of the other superpowered villains in the DC Universe. We're really excited to be exploring all of them, but also having the opportunity to revisit some of the Arrow's nemeses, and bring them over."

Of course, like all classic comic book characters, Flash's villains are a product of their time, and in some instances may not exactly translate to a prime-time viewing audience. It's something "The Flash" crew is aware of, though it sounds like they're not going to disown their comic book roots.

"Sometimes they have not the greatest names -- like Rainbow Raider, or even Captain Cold," Kreisberg said. "Cisco, he's sort of a fanboy on this show, he's constantly coming up with the names for people. As he's doing it, he'll pitch a name, and they'll be like, 'that's really lame.' But it's a way to namecheck some of these villains that I think the fans will find fun."

"Fun" is a word that those involved with "The Flash" keep coming back to when describing the series. Greg Berlanti, also an executive producer and co-showrunner on both "Flash" and "Arrow," making a lighter, brighter superhero show was absolutely the goal.

"It was definitely very deliberate," Berlanti told CBR News. "You never know how well you're going to pull it off, but definitely the intent was deliberate -- in large part because it reflected whose Barry's character was. In the comic book, here was a guy who could run really fast, and he's dealing in the sci-fi world. He had a sense of humor, and a sense of awe of the things that were happening to him, and around him. You put that all together, and you just get a brighter show. And we wanted to contrast it from 'Arrow' -- and we were all big Donner 'Superman' fans. I've always felt that was the most iconic version of the bright superhero world."

It's an especially meaningful element for Gustin, who said he finds the tone especially well-suited for what he brings to the title character.

"It's the only reason I'm playing the role," he said to CBR. "I think if it was a darker show, it wouldn't be me. I'm loving it. I'm having more fun than I've ever had -- hopefully that comes through. We love it, we love each other, I think that makes the chemistry on-screen better."

While Gustin is in his first starring role, after appearances on "Glee" and "90210," fellow "Flash" cast member Tom Cavanagh, who plays Dr. Harrison Wells of S.T.A.R. Labs is a TV veteran -- who also finds the sunnier outlook of "The Flash" to be refreshing.

"One of the cards that we have in our back pocket, this is extremely beneficial for us -- most hour longs don't have this lightheartedness," he said. "We have all the stuff, but that is like a mandate from the guys to bring that again and again and again. I love that part of it. I love the fact that we have these moments of levity, as well as all the action, as well as the stories that we have. I think a lot of that comes from the fact that sometimes a lot of superheroes are sitting with cowls, and brooding up above -- whereas we've got Barry Allen, who's like 'Whoa!' He's very innocent, a very regular person, and it's appealing."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=54833

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nueva imagen promocional:

Imagen

- Imágenes BTS del elenco (16-08-14):

Imagen Imagen

(@CWTVFlash: #TheFlash cast and crew dinner last night! @grantgust @dpanabaker @RickCosnett @AJKreisberg @FLASHtvwriters
@dpanabaker: Had the best time at dinner w some of our cast & writers last night!)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Grant Gustin sobre 'The Flash': "Mi personaje favorito de todos los que interpretaré" (THR):
Grant Gustin sobre 'The Flash': "Mi personaje favorito de todos los que interpretaré"
Por Philiana Ng 18/08/2014 7:00 AM PDT

The Flash star Grant Gustin isn't letting expectations get the best of him.

The 24-year-old Virginia native was admittedly "surprised" when he got the call that he would be The CW's Barry Allen. "I let myself feel the pressure a little bit because I wanted to live up to The Flash and make the fans happy," Gustin, a self-proclaimed Superman fan, tells The Hollywood Reporter.

Known primarily for his Glee arc as disdained Dalton Warbler Sebastian Smythe, Gustin had reservations diving headfirst into an iconic character with deep DC roots. "My Glee experience taught me — to a certain degree — not to listen too much to fan backlash, at least to negative things. Once you have the job, you have the job and you've got to do it," he says.

An active tweeter and regular reader of fan comments, Gustin is confident the auspices behind The Flash — pilot director David Nutter (Gustin calls him "the pilot whisperer") and executive producers Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg — will continue to mine the rich comic lore. Already they've secured Robbie Amell as half of Firestorm, Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold and Clancy Brown as The General.

"If it had been a team of people that didn't know what they were doing, I probably wouldn't have gotten this role because they would have just cast a blonde guy who was buff," he postulates. "They were looking for somebody who encompassed the heart of Barry Allen and at first, I didn't realize I did. Now that I've explored the character, the comics, read the scripts and talked to [the producers], I understand why I got this role."

"It will probably forever be my favorite character that I'll ever get to play," Gustin declares. It's a tall statement for a young actor to make so early in his career. And Gustin may not be wrong. The Flash pilot dazzled in its first public screenings at San Diego's Comic-Con, where the Hall H crowd was enthused by its ambitious special effects, particularly during the climactic battle.

Arrow viewers have already gotten a peek at Gustin's Barry Allen, introduced last fall as a geekier, less cynical counterpart to Stephen Amell's Oliver Queen. The Flash, like Arrow, charts "the early days" of an unlikely journey to hero. But for Barry, who transforms into The Flash by the end of the first episode, the evolution may be accelerated. "By the end of the year, he will come to resemble The Flash that we know from the comic books," promises Kreisberg.

Also at the center of The Flash is a burgeoning love triangle with Barry on the outside looking in as charming Central City Detective Eddie Thawne (Rick Cosnett) and Barry's childhood best friend Iris West (Candice Patton) start dating.

"Barry doesn't have many friends. Iris is definitely one of the only people who knows everything about Barry — well, she did up until the [particle accelerator] accident," Gustin says. "After the accident, Barry really wants to tell her how he feels. When he sees that she's with Eddie, it makes it clearer to Barry how he feels because of how it makes him feel to see her with somebody else."

But don't expect Barry's romantic conflicts to take over his primary task at hand: keeping Central City safe. "He wants to save the day. He wants to be a hero. He wants to prevent any child from going through what he went through, so he's going to put that on his priority list before his love life," Gustin says. "He's not going to get in the middle of anything Iris has going and break her and Eddie up. He's going to watch from the outside for now and hold off on telling her."

Felicity's (Emily Bett Rickards) drop-by in episode four "does complicate things for Barry," he hints. "We left their relationship on a weird note [on Arrow], but she's also in a weird predicament with Oliver where she clearly loves him. Barry and Felicity clearly have a lot in common but I don't know that any of those relationships are going to work out. At the same time, it's not something he can worry himself with too much right now."

Flashbacks will continue throughout the run of the series, particularly in the second and third episodes, where significant attention will be paid to the early days of Barry, Iris and Joe, and Barry and his father Henry (John Wesley Shipp).

The juiciest moment from the first episode comes in the final seconds, revealing the mysterious Dr. Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh) to be harboring a big secret and hinting at the fate of The Flash. As Gustin hints, questions raised in the final moments remain an ongoing mystery.

"We're going to slowly find out more about Harrison Wells and what the hell is going on there," he says. "What the coolest thing about that moment, to me, is they're setting up the fact that the Flashpoint story line [from the comics] could potentially happen — that Speed Force could be an aspect and time travel is potentially a part of the show."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ite-724921?

- Greg Berlanti habla sobre la excitación por “The Flash” Excitement y el adorar el Robbie Rogers (theblacklot):
Greg Berlanti habla sobre la excitación por “The Flash” Excitement y el adorar el Robbie Rogers
Por Jim Halterman | 19 Agosto, 2014

He may have started out with dramas like Dawson’s Creek and Brothers & Sisters, but lately writer/producer/director Greg Berlanti has been very busy– and wildly successful– in the world of comic adaptations.

Of course, we’re talking about how he first helped bring The CW’s Arrow to life and populated it with hunks like Stephen Amell, David Ramsey and Colton Haynes. And coming this fall, Arrow-spinoff The Flash launches starring TheBacklot favorite Grant Gustin,

Building a television empire, however, means not being stuck doing just one type of show. Case in point, alongside Arrow and The Flash, Berlanti is also an executive producer on the new Debra Messing series, The Mysteries of Laura for NBC. And, as if that weren’t enough, he’s also a producer on Pan, the upcoming feature film starring Hugh Jackman, Garrett Hedlund, Amanda Seyfried and Rooney Mara.

We recently sat down with Berlanti, 42, to talk about The Flash and the potential cross-overs with Arrow as well as his relationship with LA Galaxy midfielder Robbie Rogers, the first openly gay player in Major League Soccer.

The Backlot: With all the positive buzz for The Flash, how are you feeling?

Greg Berlanti: I’m really excited. It’s always very nerve-wracking, especially with a show like this because we feel like we were really blessed on the pilot to execute it on the level we were all really proud of. Now it’s just the arithmetic of figuring out how to do that every week and also sustain something like Arrow, which we’re also really proud of and just keep everything moving in the right direction.

Granted The Flash comes off the Arrow world but how important is it to keep some groundedness to it?

GB: The more real it is in one direction the more hyper-real it can be when it needs to be. So that’s always the balance you’re trying to strike.

The pilot has some really great emotional moments, too, that really hooked me into these characters so much.

GB: Before we start breaking the episode we ask ‘what do we want to have happen to the character emotionally this week?’ As long as we’re true to that, as long as we know what those moments are that we’re getting to, that’s what drives so much of the other parts of the stories.

How much is what happened in the past to Barry’s mother and father a part of the present? Barry wants to move forward but there are big things in his past, too.

GB: The mythology of what happened to his mom that night is very much going to be answered over the course of this season. How that affects him emotionally will be his journey for the series.

With what happens to Barry in becoming The Flash, can that be undone? Is there a cure?

GB: We’re dealing with that in an episode right now about how intrinsic biologically and emotionally his abilities may be. It comes up in [episode] seven. We ask a lot of science-based questions about him and his abilities prior to that. We do try to always deal with them in a way that’s TV-real medically but it really is a pronounced episode in seven.

Stephen appears in the pilot episode and we know Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity) is in episode 4 of The Flash. Can we expect crossovers regularly? I guess both shows shooting in Vancouver helps.

GB: We don’t know how we’re going to do the bigger, fuller crossovers yet but certainly if we have a character we know we can rest them there if we bring them here. But when we do the bigger ones where there’s hopefully multiple people going across multiple episodes, that’s going to be a logistical nightmare, but it’s exciting so I think everyone will kind of just hunker down and figure it out.

So there will be a story that starts on one show and then jumps into the other?

GB: We’re hoping to do that around episode eight, but making each episode still its own independent kind of thing.

Your shows’ stars are used to getting press for who they’re dating, but is it weird to you that you and Robbie [Rogers] have gotten a lot of attention? I guess you are posting photos on Instagram, right?

GB: Yeah. We’re open about our relationship. I’m absolutely crazy in love with him so I don’t think too much about all that stuff. I just try to live my life and I know he does too, like two people who are really happy and healthy and a relationship that we both feel really blessed about.

Has it been a year now or longer?

GB: A year. I think early on last year that’s when we saw you [at Yogurt Stop in West Hollywood]. We were on an early date together. It was one of our first dates.

Going into your 40s, you might start thinking about marriage, family and all that. Is that something on your mind, especially when you’re in a good relationship like this?

GB: Yeah, one day I would love to have a family and that’s a big part of my own personal dreams. I’ve thought about it and spoken about it for a while. I think right now I’m focused on what’s in front of me. I imagine my life however many years from now. I don’t want it to look like it looks now. I want it to look more full in that way.

http://www.thebacklot.com/greg-berlanti ... s/08/2014/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo póster promocional:

Imagen

- Imagen promocional de "THE FLASH SEASON ZERO #2":

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- El elenco de "The Flash" se une a la campaña viral contra la esclerosis lateral amiotrófica (#ALSIceBucketChallenge):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtDHx3q-w_M (Grant Gustin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoTjmSkPv4s (Rick Cosnett y Danielle Panabaker)

La esclerosis lateral amiotrófica es una enfermedad neurodegenerativa progresiva que causa debilidad muscular, parálisis y finalmente fallo respiratorio.

Podéis conocer más sobre la enfermedad y hacer donaciones:
http://www.als.net/
http://augiesquest.org/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Imágenes bts del rodaje de "The Flash" en Vancouver (19-08-14):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Más imágenes:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/49347467@ ... 959409976/
http://yvrshoots.com/2014/09/shoot-the- ... B4WShaZh8G

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”