¡¡¡Nuevo proyecto de la FOX sobre GOTHAM!!!

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: ¡¡¡Nuevo proyecto de la FOX sobre GOTHAM!!!

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 1.11 "Rogues´Gallery":
1.11 "Rogues´Gallery": EL DET. GORDON INFORMA SU FUNCIÓN EN ARKHAM (05 Enero 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) - La tarea del Det. Gordon en el Arkham Asylum empieza con un escabroso inicio cuando el asesinato de un guardia arranca una investigación, llevándole a encontrarse con la Dra. Leslie Thompkins (la estrella invitada Morena Baccarin, "Homeland"). Mientras tanto, Cobblepot continúa construyendo su ejército. Estrellas invitadas: Morena Baccarin como la 'Dr. Leslie Thompkins', Drew Powell como 'Butch Gilzean', David Zayas como 'Maroni', Allyce Beasley como 'Dorothy Duncan', Isiah Whitlock Jr. como 'Gerry Lang', Kyle Massey como 'Mackey', Christopher Heyerdahl como 'Jack Gruber', Kevin McCormick como 'Aaron Helzinger', Anthony Grasso como 'Ganza'.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=112503

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 1.11 "Rogues´Gallery":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- GOTHAM | "The Season So Far" Featurette:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGDb1mJQQ7M

- GOTHAM | "Ten in Five" Featurette:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDgtpMWMABA

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills y BTS Stills del 1.12 "What The Little Bird Told Him":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Gotham"/"Sleepy Hollow" Promo "The Bachelors of Mondays" | FOX BROADCASTING:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJo0J_8e4Ek

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Cory Michael Smith sobre el ser el futuro 'Enigma' (AssignementX):
Cory Michael Smith sobre el ser el futuro 'Enigma'
Por ABBIE BERNSTEIN 23 Diciembre, 2014 / 09:43 AM

In Fox’s GOTHAM, Mondays at 8 PM, we are in the DC Comics-originated world of Batman before Batman exists as a superhero. Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) is still a youth, just beginning to think about how he’d like to fight crime in this corrupt city; James Gordon (Ben McKenzie) is not yet the police commissioner, but possibly the only honest homicide detective on the Gotham police force; Selena Kyle (Camren Bicondova) is a homeless teen who loves cats and is great at climbing, but she’s not yet Catwoman.

Of Batman’s eventual foes, only Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor) – who has been through hell and back, albeit partly by his own doing – has adopted a new identity, that of the Penguin. However, audiences may guess that Edward Nygma, the puzzle-loving forensics expert played by Cory Michael Smith, is destined to become the Riddler.

Smith is a stage actor who has recently begun working in film and television. He appeared in the feature drama CAMP X-RAY with Kristen Stewart earlier this year, costarred in the HBO miniseries OLIVE KITTERIDGE starring Frances McDormand and is in next year’s film CAROL opposite Cate Blanchett, Sara Paulson, Rooney Mara and Kyle Chandler, directed by Todd Haynes.

Unlike his GOTHAM alter ego, Smith is happy to give straight answers to questions posed about his gig as a budding legendary super-villain.

ASSIGNMENT X: How did you get involved in GOTHAM?

CORY MICHAEL SMITH: My manager set me up with an appointment and they were trying to be really hush-hush and secretive about who the characters were and what the project was, but I went into it knowing what the project was, and I had heard about it, so I was like, “Hey, I would like to audition for the Riddler.”

AX: How far away do you think Edward Nygma is from becoming the Riddler?

SMITH: Significantly. And I’m very happy about that. [The producers have suggested] that every season is going to focus on a villain, and presumably in the order in which we’re introduced, and the significance with which we’re introduced in the pilot. So right now, as an actor, I want to start as far away from the Riddler as possible. That’s the most exciting to me.

Right now, I am a forensic scientist with the Gotham City police department, with full, honest, pure, positive intentions of contributing in a productive way, being a good citizen. I have a mathematical, scientific mind. So this is the perfect job for me. I love my job, I’m passionate about it, I’m an enthusiastic guy, I love my work. And so I’m starting in the most genuine, happy way. I’m sharing riddles and puzzles and I communicate in answers and questions because that is my home base, that’s my comfortable spot to be in. And what you’re seeing in the very beginning are the seeds of mistreatment from the people I communicate with, aka Harvey Bullock [played by Donal Logue], and you’re seeing James Gordon as someone who answers my riddle in the pilot. So there’s this instantaneous connection of, I pinpoint him as someone that interests me. Because he solved my riddle, which is awesome, but Harvey Bullock is going to continue to mistreat me, Captain Sarah Essen [played by Zabrina Guevara], similarly. And that’s going to start to grate. But it’s going to be a very slow, slow burn.

AX: So at this point, is the riddling just Edward being playful because he really likes puns?

SMITH: Yeah. What [series developer/executive producer] Bruno Heller and I are trying to do is create a person whose comfort zone is science, math, numbers, puzzles, riddles, question/answer, a bit socially inept. He’s socially unconventional. When he’s in a room, he’s not necessarily aware of what’s going on, of people’s emotions, of what is normal.

AX: Would you say Edward is somewhere on the Asperger’s scale?

SMITH: From your mouth. I will not say that, but that is certainly comparable. That’s where we’re coming from. When you have someone who operates in that way on a day to day basis, that’s his normal place, you have to recognize that that is a special individual. I don’t mean “special” in a pejorative way, I mean a unique entity. And so his obsession with riddles, which will be delved into more later, that’s his place of comfort. That is his home base. So that’s just how he communicates. That’s fun for him, that’s how he likes to play with people, it’s how he shows his intelligence. There’s a bit of narcissism there – he thinks he knows he’s the most intelligent person in the room. So he’s also testing other people. “Who can get this? Who can get this? Anybody? Anybody?” It’s like, “Ed, we’re trying to actually solve something here, this fun and games, there’s no time for this.” That’s how Harvey treats him.

AX: Did you do any research into forensics or being in a morgue?

SMITH: I’m not really spending time focusing on forensics and morgue so much as I am actually doing puzzles, wordplay. Science is certainly a part of it, but it’s not necessarily helpful for me. I would love that if we did [spend more time in the morgue], because to see him around impaled bodies or damaged bodies and seeing how he exists in that environment would be really helpful for storytelling. What’s more important to me is establishing his unconventional social behavior. That’s where my focus has been.

AX: Has Bruno Heller as show runner been helpful with that?

SMITH: Bruno was amazing to me. [At the beginning], I asked for him to reach out to me so we could have a conversation. He spent fifteen minutes on the phone just telling me his opinions of my character, where he’s coming from, how he interprets him, how it may differ from or compliment the comics, whatever. And I just sat on the end of the phone and took notes. And it was the most helpful thing that’s ever been done for me. He’s incredibly generous. And so that little session we had on the phone has been my genesis for creating the character.

AX: How about pilot director Danny Cannon?

SMITH: Danny’s awesome. The unfortunate thing is, [in the pilot], my participation has been so minimal that I haven’t really been able to work with him. But what I think is so amazing that he has accomplished is, I believe that there is a very distinct, unique style that they’ve created that separates it from other contemporary iterations of the BATMAN story, which I’m really excited about.

AX: How about playing opposite Ben McKenzie and Donal Logue?

SMITH: Donal and Ben are two guys that have so much experience working. And I’m a pretty young actor – I’ve only been doing TV and film for the last year. And to be on a set with them, I’m learning stuff very, very quickly. Donal’s just a champ. He’s a guy who’s incredibly intelligent and is so comfortable in his work and on the set. He exists on a set in a very special way that I hope to emulate eventually in my future, which is, he knows when to joke, he knows how to have fun, he knows when to get serious. He’s very intense, he’s focused on the work and he has fun. He’s always talking about other shows and other art in the work. And Ben McKenzie is a sweetheart. That’s the best word that I can put to it. He’s such a leader. He’s playing the role of the patriarch, he’s making sure everyone’s taken care of and happy, and everyone is being positive, cooperating, collaborating, promoting the show, being positive on set. He takes no bullsh*t, he wants no attitude – it’s fantastic. It’s a really good environment to work in.

AX: Were you a comics fan as a kid?

SMITH: I did not grow up being a comics kid. I was born the year that Frank Miller published THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS. I didn’t grow up with any of my friends reading comics. My brother and I didn’t read them. My brother grew up watching the 1989 BATMAN – Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Tim Burton’s BATMAN. So that was my in to BATMAN. We had the figurines and we had a Batmobile, which my mother pulled out in April when I went home to visit. But we weren’t comic book guys; we were G.I. Joe guys. We played with G.I. Joes, that whole thing. So comic books weren’t necessarily my thing. But certainly I was aware of that then. So I’m having this kind of mid-twenties indulgence and comic nerd guy. It’s fantastic. I love it.

AX: Did you see the Christopher Nolan BATMAN films?

SMITH: I have seen the first one. As somebody said earlier, I think our show is complimentary. Frank Miller opened the door, not just for comics, but for the interpretation of comics in modern day, to really look at the superhero as an infallible person who has flaws. Looking at the protagonist without looking at him like a god. So everyone has pursued telling superhero stories in a complimentary fashion. So it’s easy to compare us to Nolan or anybody that’s come after Frank, even compare us to SIN CITY from him. But I’m pretty confident and excited about our production value being a unique visual experience.

AX: Is there anything else you’d like to say about GOTHAM right now?

SMITH: There’s plenty I can say about it. I feel really fortunate to be a part of adding to the legend of BATMAN in a way that hasn’t been done before. I feel very honored and it’s a privilege to do that. And I’m really hopeful and confident that we’re going to do it in a way that has the integrity that people can be proud of it, BATMAN fans can be proud of it.

http://www.assignmentx.com/2014/gotham- ... interview/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- GOTHAM | 1.11 "Rogues´Gallery" Clip "Will Do, Detective":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RVw_-b1new

- GOTHAM | 1.11 "Rogues´Gallery" Clip "That's Hubris, My Friend":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R17gEiE_gk

- GOTHAM | 1.11 "Rogues´Gallery" Clip "The Cat in the Alley":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTccHSEGRZY

- GOTHAM | 1.11 "Rogues´Gallery" Clip "Examine Your Soul, Penguin":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf4Tqf7RLe0

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 1.12 "What the little bird told him":
1.12 "What the little bird told him": AN ESCAPEE FROM ARKHAM SPARKS PERIL (19 Enero 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) - En un intento por recuperar su trabajo, Gordon busca el capturar a Jack Gruber (la estrella invitada Christopher Heyerdahl), un genio eléctrico demente que ha escapado de Arkham Asylum. Mientras tanto, Falcone lucha por aferrarse a su imperio después de que Fish Mooney haga su próximo movimiento. Estrellas invitadas: Morena Baccarin como la 'Dr. Leslie Thompkins', Drew Powell como 'Butch Gilzean', David Zayas como 'Maroni', Christopher Heyerdahl como 'Jack Gruber', Anthony Carrigan como 'Victor Zsasz', Kevin McCormick como 'Danzig', Dash Mihok como el 'Detective Arnold Flass', Peter Scolari como el 'Comisario Loeb', Adrian Martinez como 'Irwin', Caroline Lagerfelt como la 'Sra Kean', Richard Poe como el 'Sr. Kean', Victor Cruz como 'Sargento de Escritorio'.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/12/gotham ... rd_31.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Robin Lord Taylor de "Gotham" está en una montaña rusa como el "Pingüino" (L.A. Times):
Robin Lord Taylor de "Gotham" está en una montaña rusa como el "Pingüino"
Por Greg Braxton 03 Enero 2015

Robin Lord Taylor made one of the biggest splashes of the fall TV season, even though he had some pretty big web-like feet to fill.

Taylor's colorful portrayal of Oswald Cobblepot, the sneaky underworld figure who eventually transforms into the Penguin, has been a highlight of "Gotham," Fox's moody crime thriller exploring the origins of Batman and his many nemeses. The series, which premiered to critical praise last fall, has become one of Fox's biggest freshman hits, receiving a full-season order a few weeks after its debut.

Though the series focuses on rookie detective and future Batman ally James Gordon (Ben McKenzie), Taylor has stolen his share of scenes as Cobblepot, evolving from a bullied, pathetic underling who hates being called Penguin to a crafty psychopath who commits murders with malicious glee.

Making his performance more noteworthy: He waddled into a character memorably played by Burgess Meredith in the campy 1960s TV series "Batman" and Danny DeVito in Tim Burton's darker 1992 film "Batman Returns."

Taylor has put his own distinctive, grounded menace into the role, winning over fans and critics. Cobblepot wears a sinister smirk while carrying out his evil deeds, and his relationship with his mother, Gertrude Kapelput (Carol Kane), a European immigrant with a freakish appearance, might be called a bit too close.

Co-starring in "Gotham" has been just one of Taylor's accomplishments. He had a brief but memorable role during the last two seasons on "The Walking Dead" as Sam, one of the hapless captives whose throat was slashed by cannibals at the opening of the fifth season.

Taylor recently talked about "Gotham" by phone from the show's New York set.

What has the experience of "Gotham" been like?

I'll try to keep from being trite, but it's been absolutely mind-blowing. I never in a million years imagined I would be on something this huge, this iconic.

You're no doubt familiar with how Meredith and DeVito played the Penguin. Did that intimidate you?

Absolutely. I don't think I could be human and not be intimidated to follow in the footsteps of Burgess and Danny. They are iconic actors, and their portrayals were iconic. I grew up watching both of them. It was daunting, but when I ultimately got to read the script, I saw it was a unique take on the character and illuminated parts of the character that hadn't been illuminated in previous incarnations. The pressure was lessened because I know I could make my own choices and make the character my own.

Cobblepot seems to land in the sweet spot between the TV show, where he was really outrageous, and "Batman Returns," which was much darker.

I have to give the credit for that to [executive producer] Bruno Heller, who has created such a rich world and a rich interpretation for the character. When I get a new script, I feel like it's there all in front of me. Not one note rings false.

Cobblepot's relationship with his mother is rather creepy.

She immigrated to this country from Europe, and there's no father on the scene, so all they have is each other, this really kinetic connection and bond. They're outsiders. They're strange but connected. Playing those scenes with Carol is a dream.

What's next for Cobblepot in the coming episodes?

He's learning as he goes, and mistakes are going to be made, but at the same time, I see him achieving a lot of what he wants to accomplish and becoming a major player on the Gotham crime scene.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv ... story.html

- Morena Baccarin Dice que la Dra. Leslie Thompkins no agunatará tonterías (IGN):
Morena Baccarin Dice que la Dra. Leslie Thompkins no agunatará tonterías
Por Matt Fowler 02 Enero 2015

FOX's Gotham kicks off the second half of its first season on Monday, January 5th with the episode "Rogues' Gallery." And while Jim Gordon's (Ben McKenzie) partnership with Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue) might be over, a new one is beginning with Arkham Asylum's Dr. Leslie Thompkins - played by Firefly/Homeland's Morena Baccarin.

I recently spoke with Baccarin, who'd just started filming her role at the time, about playing (a younger version of) a famous Batman comic book character, the look of Arkham Asylum's interior on the show, and why Dr. Leslie pairs up so well with Jim Gordon.

IGN: What can you tell us about the Dr. Leslie character you're playing? She's obviously a younger version of the one comic book fans know. How close will she be to the source material?

Morena Baccarin: Yeah. They're not sticking too close to the original mythology from the comics. Basically she and Jim meet at Arkham Asylum where he winds up working after the last episode. And they sort of hit it off because they're both two people who are trying to do the right thing in a city that's corrupt. And, like him, she's someone who doesn't really stand for bulls***. She's very pragmatic and isn't fazed by the craziness of Gotham. So they're pretty drawn to each other and they wind up teaming up.

IGN: Is she just as stubborn as he is then?

Baccarin: [laughs] I think somewhat, yes. But he's still a bit more stubborn than she is so he has more of an edge than she does.

IGN: On the show, we've seen the outside of Arkham a few times. What does the inside look like?

Baccarin: It's a little comic book-y, for sure. It's stylized, in the way that a lot of things are in the Gotham world. It's an insane asylum, so it's dark. It's very shadowed and creepy. I really loved the episode. It's a great introduction to my character, who's working in this crazy crazy place that's, of course, touched by Gotham's rampant corruption. There's a very big and dark underworld at play.

IGN: In the comics, Leslie was friends with Thomas and Martha Wayne. Will this also be the case on the show?

Baccarin: I believe so. I think so. We haven't gotten that far yet with my character but I think that it's in the works.

IGN: It's probably impossible for any character on Gotham to avoid action and danger, so can we assume that Leslie will see her fair share?

Baccarin: Oh yes. Most definitely. In the first episode back in the new year, of course chaos ensues in the asylum and she's forced to deal with it. I'm not saying I had to do a ton of stunts, but there was some intense stuff that I had to do and there will be more of that in the future as well.

IGN: Do you know why Leslie is so gung-ho about doing what's right? Do you know her backstory yet?

Baccarin: Actually, I don't know. We haven't discovered that yet. They haven't told me too much so far. I kind of get things revealed to me slowly. But she's somebody who really stands up for what she believes in and has a strong set of morals. She's not a goody two-shoes or anything like that. I mean, she understands how things work in the city and how things sometimes have to get done. But I think she's also trying to live in a world that she wants to live in and can be proud of. She's not somebody who's too precious about things. She can get down and dirty, and she does. And she wants to be a part of whatever force can make the city a better place.

IGN: You've been in a lot of notable sci-fi and genre shows. Is the fact that this is a DC series something that drew you to it?

Baccarin: For sure. I really loved how the show looks and how it's written. And how it's stylized. And the actors who've been involved so far. It all drew me in. And it's a great character. I'm actually not too familiar with the comic book world, believe it or not. It's not something I grew up reading so it's just not that familiar to me. But I thought that the world that was created on this show was really intriguing. And that they did a really great job of making it accessible to everybody.

IGN: You've also voiced DC characters before in animation. Was playing a live version the next logical step?

Baccarin: I guess so. It was probably inevitable. There are so many of them. It's probably inevitable now that in every actor's career now they'll wind up playing some sort of comic book character in a movie or on a TV show.

IGN: You've also provided the voice for Dr. Wells' computer on The Flash. Can we expect you back?

Baccarin: I think so. I think that computer's sticking around! It's here to stay. So we'll see what winds up happening. But that's a fun one.

IGN: There are different worlds on Gotham. The cop world. The mob scene. Wayne Manor. Are there any characters you hope to interact with as Leslie?

Baccarin: Really just everybody on the show is my answer. I think it would be fun to meet the kids. Bruce Wayne and Selina. I think she's great. It would be really fun to infiltrate the mafia side of things, though somehow I don't really see my character getting into too much of that. The whole thing is just all so intriguing. Every area of the show is so distinct and everyone's got such unique, specific personalities that it would be fun to see how my character would fit in.

IGN: What's it like working with Ben McKenzie? He's always seemed like someone who's really excited to be on the series.

Baccarin: Yeah, he's great. He's really giving it his all. Everything he's got. He's super fun. We have a good time and he and I make a really fun pair of characters on the show. They have a great interaction between them and it's only going to grow. It's been great.

IGN: Now that the story is taking us into Arkham Asylum, will we see any new Batman villains on the show? Anyone that might be introduced through the asylum?

Baccarin: Through the asylum? I don't think so. It's too early for me to tell you right now. But you never know on this show. You might see somebody once and then three episodes later you're like "Oooh, that's who that is."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/02/ ... for-any-bs

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- 'Gotham': Un Vistazo a la Historia (y Futuro) del Arkham Asylum (THR):
'Gotham': Un Vistazo a la Historia (y Futuro) del Arkham Asylum
Por Graeme McMillan 04/01/2015 5:06 PM PST

Monday's return of Fox's Gotham sees Ben McKenzie's Jim Gordon reporting for duty at Arkham Asylum — an unexpected demotion from homicide cop to glorified security guard brought about by running afoul of the city's corrupt mayor at the end of last year's episodes. The career change doesn't just pay off weeks of foreshadowing about the importance of Arkham to the plans of the various crime families but allows the series the chance to explore one of the most important pieces of Batman mythology from the last half-century.

Above, The Hollywood Reporter has an exclusive look at what to expect when Gotham relocates its leading man for the opening of the second half of the show's debut season. And below, there's a primer on the comic book history of the home-away-from-home for many of the Dark Knight's most dangerous villains, to help you get a jump on what's to come in the weeks ahead.

The asylum — officially the Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane in Batman's comic book mythology — debuted in 1974, created by Dennis O'Neil (who also created Ra's Al Ghul, currently causing trouble on The CW's Arrow) and artist Irv Novick for Batman No. 258. For years, it was known as "Arkham Hospital" — which O'Neil's narration helpfully described as "a polite name for an asylum [that] houses the criminally insane" — and, unexpectedly, located not in Gotham but in Massachusetts.

Both the name and the first location of the hospital — it officially became an asylum (and located on the outskirts of Gotham) in 1980's Batman No. 326 — come from O'Neil's original inspiration for the institute, H.P. Lovecraft. In a number of stories by the horror writer, a sanatorium appears, located on the outskirts of the fictional town of Arkham, Mass.

The history of the establishment has been unveiled in a number of stories, including Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth and Batman: The Last Arkham. Named for the mother of its founder, Amadeus Arkham, the building was bad news from the beginning — its architect was driven insane and killed those working on its construction with an ax. Following that unfortunate — to say the least — beginning, more tragedy followed: Arkham's mother, wife and child all died in the building before it was eventually transformed into its current institutional purpose.

During the hospital's lengthy service, it's been home to many well-known supervillains, including the Joker, the Riddler, Scarecrow, Harley Quinn — who started out as a doctor there — Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy and Two-Face, to name just a few. It's not only bad guys who have enjoyed its hospitality, however; former Robin Dick Grayson, Justice League member Zatanna and Batman himself have enjoyed brief stays for a variety of reasons, although "enjoyed" might not be a word they would use to describe the experience.

While the version of the asylum in Gotham is a recently reopened hospital with somewhat nefarious purposes, the comic book asylum has managed to keep its doors open even when — well, there weren't any doors. In fact, the building been destroyed on numerous occasions, such as when Bane liberated all the patients in the 1990s "Knightfall" storyline, when Black Mask did the same in the 2009 "Battle for the Cowl" storyline, or even current events in the Batman: Eternal series, which has seen patients moved to Wayne Manor temporarily (as also seen in the current Arkham Manor series).

Throughout it all, it's stuck around as a more humane alternative to jail and a constant reminder that most of Batman's bad guys have mental problems. Whether viewers can expect Gotham's asylum to end up as busy — if not quite as easily destroyed — will remain a mystery for a bit longer.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ure-760523

- Showrunner de Gotham sobre más Bruce Wayne, Arkham y lo que está por venir (THR):
Showrunner de Gotham sobre más Bruce Wayne, Arkham y lo que está por venir
Por Graeme McMillan 9:00 AM PST 05/01/2015

Gotham returns for the second half of its freshman run Monday with “Rogues’ Gallery,” an hour that sets up the new status quo for the Fox rookie drama as the city’s one non-corrupt cop, Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie), is reassigned to Arkham Asylum while the crime families continue to struggle for power in the background.

After 10 episodes, the show has established itself as more than just a simple prequel to 75 years’ worth of Batman comics, thanks in part to Donal Logue as Gordon’s partner Bullock, Jada Pinkett Smith as crime boss Fish Mooney and breakout star Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot, the man better known as the Penguin.

The Hollywood Reporter caught up with Gotham showrunner Bruno Heller to discuss reaction to the show to date, how to stay away from giving audiences what they expect and, of course, a hint or two about what’s coming up in the back-half of the season.

How have you enjoyed the response to the show so far?

I’ve very much enjoyed the feedback so far. There was a lot of expectation and weight, and an understanding that we were dealing with — I wouldn’t say sacred material, but material that carries a lot of weight. The one thing we didn’t want to do was disappoint the true fans of this world, and it was important to create a world and a show that appealed to those hardcore Gothamites, and the much larger audience as well. I think we’ve managed to hit the balance so far.

Were you one of those hardcore comic book fans when you were younger?

You couldn’t get a regular supply of Batman, or any American comics, when I was a kid. They’d arrive like bananas on rare occasions. It was a very familiar, but different world, like America in many ways, this glamorous, exciting, dangerous place that you’d never get to visit very often. I’m by no means a comic book expert, and frankly, for a show like this, it’d be a mistake to get someone like that to run it. It has to appeal to both audiences. If you get too intricate inside the world, you’re not too aware of the world beyond that.

The series isn't too focused on simply retelling comic book storylines. It’s not just backstory that comic fans are familiar with.

The important thing about telling origin stories is that you’re going to be telling something interesting, surprising and new. I always use the analogy of discovering your parents’ childhoods. If your parents’ childhoods were shown to you and it was exactly what you imagined their childhoods were, it’d be kind of disappointing. It’s important to follow the familiar mythic narrative, but also find ways to subvert, or take detours from, that narrative to surprise people with different takes on the thing.

One of the values of having Fish there is that it reminds you that it’s not a sacred myth, it’s a living myth that there have been any number of different versions of. The canonical moments, as long as you’re true to them — we wouldn’t have messed with how Bruce Wayne’s parents died, for instance — but beyond that, you have to add your own spice to the dish.

What’s been particularly surprising from working on the show so far? Was there a performance or character that you saw in the pilot and thought, "We should do more of that?"

The joy of television is that you can respond immediately to what’s working, and actors that pop, and storylines and characters that offer exciting avenues. Robin Lord Taylor did such a genius, star-making performance in the pilot that it was just natural to [focus on him]. It was always intended that this first season would be the rise of the Penguin, so it wasn’t as if we changed plans to feature him more. It was always intended that Penguin would be central, we were just as lucky to have someone as great as Robin play him.

It’s absolutely a question of balance. Gordon is kind of the square-jawed hero of the show, he’s the good guy, an old-fashioned, straight-ahead good guy. But in order to have that balanced, you need to have villains who are equally compelling.

I would also say that, initially, we didn’t intend to use Bruce Wayne quite as much, because with child actors you always want to be defensive, but David Mazouz is as good an actor as I’ve ever seen — child or adult. It’s rare that you can write dramatic scenes and be confident that they’ll deliver, and with David, he always does, and he can do more and more. We’ve definitely written to him more than we would have otherwise.

David’s been surprisingly enjoyable to watch, especially when he shares the screen with Camren Bicondova’s Selina Kyle. After the way the two parted in the last episode, will we see the two of them together again any time soon?

Absolutely. Their relationship grows, develops and changes; they have their ups and downs. They have such a wonderful contrast to each other. Camren is full of such wonderful light and energy, and has this cocky arrogance about her. She’s incredibly compelling to watch. David is thoughtful, interior, intense and passionate, and the two of them together — you could make a great movie just with the two of them.

Something else that been noticeable is how quickly the show moves in terms of story. We’re at a point midway through the first season where it feels like other shows would have reached at the end of their first year.

I think modern TV, for good or ill, you have to burn through story to keep people interested. And this is a semi-serious world, there’s a comic book element — as much as you have to take it seriously, you can’t take it too seriously. We’re telling a number of stories at the same time. There’s a certain fun element of music hall there — this idea of acts coming onstage, and going off again: "If you don’t like this thing, there’s always this thing." There are switches in mood and in tone that make it a sensational experience that is tough to do on network TV, but it makes it different and exciting, I think. It’s unpredictable and compelling, because you know the characters but not where they’re going.

Comic book shows almost have to have a strong visual element because of the source material. How did you arrive at the visual aesthetic of the series?

When we came up with the show, it was very much an abstract principle. Danny Cannon [who directed the pilot] came on very early in the process, and as soon as we sat down and talked about what we both wanted to do, we keyed in on the same [look] — the idea that it’s a real 1970s, Hades kind of look, with a touch of Bangkok and any other kind of city, even some London. The visual style of the show is down to the genius of Danny Cannon. He pretty much had that vision before we sat down and talked about it — he’s an illustrator and an artist, and constantly drawing. He’d pictured this world since he was a kid, and it was very much taking that world and translating it onto the screen.

As the show hit its midseason break, you shipped Gordon off to Arkham Asylum, splitting up his partnership with Bullock. Was this just where the story was going, or an attempt to give newcomers to the show a good place to jump on with the first episode back from break?

It’s the next step of the story. I didn’t want to peter off after 10 episodes! [Laughs.] Arkham, in itself, is a big Gotham character, so it’s a chance to introduce Arkham as a character and then let the audience see how [Gordon] manages to get out of that particular predicament. You have to keep moving forward — the important thing about Arkham, and the first episode back explains it, is why is it so easy to escape from Arkham? In the Batman stories, there’s kind of a revolving door in there. It’s one of the fun things about setting up this world, being able to put the architecture in place to explain things like that. This is one of those things.

What kind of teases can you drop about the back half of the first season?

You’re going to see Nygma take a giant step forward into becoming the man he becomes. You’re going to see Fish Mooney placed in a situation where it’s almost unimaginable how she’ll get out of it. Her relationship with Butch and Penguin are going to be pushed to the limit. Selina Kyle’s going to do something incredibly shocking — also, so’s Fish, come to that. One of the things about the second half of the season is that all the story we’ve set up so far comes to fruition. Some people come to an end, other people are triumphant. Gordon is … no, I can’t go there. I almost told you the story, and I can’t. But I guarantee that, if you liked the first half of the season, you’ll love the second half.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... yne-761070

- Paginando a la Dr. Thompkins: Una entrevista con Morena Baccarin de Gotham (DCComics):
Paginando a la Dr. Thompkins: Una entrevista con Morena Baccarin de Gotham
Tim Beedle 05/01/2015 - 10:00am

When last we left Gotham, the show had wrapped its midseason finale by taking a surprising turn. Jim Gordon was demoted and assigned to Arkham Asylum on security guard detail after his undertaking with Harvey Dent ended disastrously. As a twist it’s promising, offering fans a chance to see the inside of Arkham on the show for the first time while providing an intriguing change in the show’s point of view. In the process, it will also introduce a familiar character with the potential to make a profound, lifelong impact on the show and its characters—Dr. Leslie Thompkins.

Gotham’s Dr. Thompkins is a young physician working at Arkham Asylum in whom the erstwhile Detective Gordon finds a kindred spirit… and possibly a lot more. To learn what we can expect from this new take on the beloved character, we spoke with the actress bringing her to life, Morena Baccarin [Firefly, V]. So, is the good doctor good enough to save a city as sick as Gotham?

When you look at the characters of Dr. Leslie Thompkins in the comics, she’s really done a lot with her life. With regard to that, where is she when we meet her on the show?

We meet her at Arkham Asylum, which is where she meets Jim Gordon for the first time. She’s working as a physician there.

I’m not sure how close to the original mythology we’re going to be on the show. Bruno [Heller] told me that we’re straying a little bit. I think in the original, she was a love interest to Alfred, which is not something we’re doing right now. We’ll see how it goes!

How much did you know about the character when you took on the role?

Nothing. I did some research, just trying to figure out who she was exactly. But I didn’t delve too deeply into it since we’re not really sticking to the original stuff.

I think the fans are really excited to see the inside of Arkham Asylum. So far we’ve just seen it from the outside. Can you give us an idea of what we can expect? What’s the place like?

It’s pretty dark and creepy. It’s the kind of place you really wouldn’t want to spend too much time at in the real world. While there are some very fascinating characters and people working there, there are also lots of loonies. It’s not a place you want to get stuck in at night.

It’s just really eerie. It’s almost like watching The Shining or something. It’s a really great psychological, dark world.

So when we meet your character, you’re working at Arkham and Jim Gordon gets assigned there as a security guard. How would you describe the relationship between the two characters?

She supports him and appreciates him, which is sort of a new thing for him. They hit it off immediately. At first they’re both kind of checking each other out, just to see what they’re like. But his reputation has preceded him, and she knows exactly who he is. I think she finds it admirable that he’s standing up to the corruption in Gotham, even when it’s to his detriment. And I think he also finds it refreshing because she’s somebody who’s on his side and who supports what he’s doing.

Ben McKenzie has said there might be some romance…

Man, that guy ruined every surprise! [laughs]

Yeah, there’s definitely some chemistry. There’s definitely the potential for romance. They’re like minded. She’s a little bit awkward and socially not as with it as he would probably like. But she’s disarming and I think she speaks her mind and doesn’t let him get away with bulls**t. So I think it’s good!

Well, looking at a different type of relationship, traditionally Leslie Thomkins shares a close relationship with Bruce Wayne. I know you mentioned you’re straying a bit from the comics, but have you had any scenes so far with David Mazouz?

I haven’t yet. I would love to. I think he’s an incredibly talented young man. If we were to stick to the original backstory, she would have a relationship with his parents. Who knows? In the Gotham world, anything can happen, so there’s certainly room for that.

I know you’ve had some experience dealing with fanbases that can only be described as “passionate.” I’m wondering, how do you approach taking on a role like this one in a universe—the Batman universe—that has an extremely passionate following?

You look at the world that they’re creating on Gotham—and by “they,” I mean the creator and all the phenomenal people involved in the show’s look and design. I just have to find a way to put myself into that, and to really just stay true to the story and do my job as an actor, and I think everything will be fine. The fans are so loyal to the world, and [the producers and writers] have been doing such a great job with it. The look of it, the characters they’re bringing on, all the backstory… I just find it really fascinating.

In Gotham, Leslie Thompkins works with the criminally insane. I’m curious, what would you say is the most insane thing Morena Baccarin has ever done?

The most insane thing I’ve ever done…

I don’t really do many insane things!

Some would say taking a leap of faith into acting is a little bit crazy.

Definitely a little bit crazy, but it was a passion so I wouldn’t say that it was too insane. I did work recently in Morocco in the desert for two months. That was a little bit insane.

Having played characters opposite both of them, who would you say is more stubborn and hard-headed character-wise? Jim Gordon or Mal Reynolds?

Oh man, that is a tough question! They’re both incredibly stubborn. I’m going to have to go with Mal Reynolds because when I give Jim Gordon sh*t on the show, he finds it amusing and kind of appreciates it. Whereas Mal would just say something snarky back. That man could not take criticism!

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/01/05 ... a-baccarin

- Gotham: ¿Puede Gordon volver de su degradación a Arkham? (TVGuide):
Gotham: ¿Puede Gordon volver de su degradación a Arkham?
Por Adam Bryant 05 Enero, 2015 12:13 PM ET

Get ready to see a different James Gordon when Fox's Gotham returns Monday.

When viewers last visited Gotham City, Gordon (Ben McKenzie) got wrapped up in a plot concocted by overeager D.A. Harvey Dent (Nicholas D'Agosto) to catch the supposed murderer of Thomas and Martha Wayne. When that suspect ended up shot dead by Gordon's gun (though not by Gordon's hand), Mayor James (Richard Kind) reassigned Gordon to a security detail at Arkham Asylum — a demotion Gordon decided to take rather than cave to City Hall's hopes that he would quit.

Although Gordon seems to be taking everything in stride on Monday's episode (8/7c, Fox), creator and executive producer Bruno Heller says this is an important turning point in the story. "The first half of the season was very much Gordon seeing his way in this strange new world — being surprised and shocked and disillusioned, and then deciding that he's got to do something about this," Heller tells TVGuide.com. "Arkham Asylum is kind of a way station for him that gives him a chance to stop and really think about what he's doing and what he needs to do. The second half of the season is 'no more Mr. Nice Guy.' He decides and commits himself to becoming the Commissioner Gordon that we all know and love."

While Gordon's stay at Arkham is by no means permanent ("As soon as he's in Arkham, job No. 1 is, 'How the hell do I get out of here?' which he does in good time," Heller teases), could being trapped in such a dark place skew Gordon's view? Not really, according to Heller.

"Righteous anger invigorates him and energizes him and makes him happy, to a degree," Heller says. "He's the old-fashioned, white-knight crusader figure who needs a monster to fight. Needs a battle that needs winning, and he's got one. The second half of the season is him getting tough and pushing forward, but also beginning to gather around some people who feel the same way."

Enter Dr. Leslie Thompkins (guest star Morena Baccarin), a physician at Arkham who crosses paths with Gordon when one of the inmates gets bruised up pretty badly in a brawl. "She's really smart and pragmatic — she's one of the good guys," Baccarin says of her character. "She's seen it all and can get down and dirty with the best of them. But she doesn't fall into the corrupt Gotham world. She wants to make it a better place."

That attitude make Leslie and Jim a natural pair. "He's been doing this on his own, and I think he's happy to find an ally," Baccarin says. "She comes out of nowhere for Jim and he doesn't expect to find somebody like her working in that place. It's very refreshing for him. They have this immediate connection... based on just how insane everything is around them. They find solace in each other. It's the beginning of a really great, great friendship."

Or perhaps more than just friendship? After all, Gordon's fiancée Barbara (Erin Richards) was last seen in bed with her former lover Montoya (Victoria Cartagena). "There's definitely chemistry — so I'm not going to say no!" Baccarin teases. Adds Heller: "What Gordon sees in Leslie is what he doesn't see in Barbara, which is a warrior soul — someone with a touch of iron about her, someone who is equally committed to doing the right thing, whatever the cost. Someone who is as serious as he is, but also someone who can bring the lightness out in him. That puts him in a very difficult situation because he's still deeply involved with Barbara in one way or another, and he's an honorable man. But the heart wants what it wants."

As Gordon continues his rise toward the light, expect Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor) to continue his descent into darkness. And even though he seems to be outsmarting players on both sides of the mob war he's in the middle of, he still has a long way to go before becoming the boss. "He's playing an extremely dangerous game that most people would be too frightened to play," Heller says. "Penguin is someone who is ultimately a survivor. However, his reach always exceeds his grasp. ... The course of his crime does not run smoothly for him. I'd say he's too ambitious for his own good. There's a lot of ups and downs for him as he rolls forward, and is life is at stake many times before the season is over."

And of course, the first season won't be over as soon as originally intended, as Fox announced in the fall that the original episode order of 16 had been extended to a full 22. Heller says he welcomes the additional episodes, but insists that it doesn't change his plans for where the first season's story will ultimately end.

"The joy of this universe is that there's a million stories to tell. We never run out of stories," Heller says. " It wasn't like, 'Oh, sh--, how are we going to tell six more stories of this world? There was an ending that we wanted to get to at the end of the season, and it's still there. [The increase] has allowed us to stretch out a little and tell the stories in a fuller way, in a more emotionally engaging and exciting way.

"So it's all good," he continues. " It's a real blessing to get these extra stories because we're very aware that there are elements that people are anxious and waiting and expecting to see. If you don't deliver them because of time reasons, it's disappointing. So the more time we get, the more chance we get to deliver those little Easter eggs and gifts."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Gotham-Brun ... 91400.aspx

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- GOTHAM, 1.12 "What The Little Bird Told Him" Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojFKcDSys2U

Añadidos los rátings del 1.11 "Rogues´Gallery". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 1.13 "Welcome Back, Jim Gordon":
1.13 "Welcome Back, Jim Gordon": LA SÚBITA MUERTE DE UN TESTIGO CLAVE TIENE A GORDON RECELOSO (26 Enero 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) - Cuando el testigo clave de un homicidio termina muerto mientras que está siendo retenido para interrogarlo por la policía, Gordon sospecha que es un trabajo interno y recurre a un viejo amigo para conseguir información. Mientras tanto, Oswald Cobblepot toma el control de una de las más preciadas posesiones de Fish Mooney, y ella recibe un pequeño bocado de su propia medicina. Estrellas invitadas: Morena Baccarin como la 'Dr. Leslie Thompkins', Drew Powell como 'Butch Gilzean', Anthony Carrigan como 'Victor Zsasz', Carol Kane como 'Gertrude Kapelput', Dash Mihok como 'Arnold Flass', Niko Nicotera como 'Derek Delaware'.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... ovie/news/?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- GOTHAM | "Guarding Arkham" Featurette:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBVFS_YRr64

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Primeras imágenes bts, título, créditos y detalles del 1.16 "The Blind Fortune Teller":
Esta semana, se ha empezado a rodar el episodio 1.16 de "Gotham".

El 1.16 se llamará "The Blind Fortune Teller", está escrito por Bruno Heller y dirigido por Jeffrey Hunt.

Vixen Varsity, además, nos ha ofrecido las primeras imágenes bts del episodio y una serie de detalles sobre el mismo:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- El episodio tiene lugar en el Haly´s Circus y será nuestra introducción a los Flying Graysons, los padres de Robin.
- Rob Gorrie interpretará al padre de Robin, John Grayson, quien publicó una foto de su guión.
- Tiene lugar una batalla entre los payasos y los trapecistas.
- El Detective James Gordon se encuentra con la Dra. Leslie Thompkins en el Haly’s circus.
- Mary Lloyd, hija de un payaso está enamorada de John Grayson, hijo de un trapecista (las versiones jóvenes de los padres de Dick Grayson)
- La Dra. Leslie Thompkins revisa a la gente herida del circo.
- El Detective James Gordon interroga al director del circo y a un payaso diabólico.
- Se rumorea que alguien es asesinado en el circo, según los que estaban en el set.

http://www.vixenvarsity.com/2015/01/07/ ... LJx03tHJ1C

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Los actores Ron Gorrie y Cameron Monaghan, estrellas invitadas en "Gotham" en el episodio de los Greyson:
El actor Rob Gorrie (más conocido por sus papeles en "One Life to Live" y "As the World Turns"), ha sido escogido para interpretar a 'John Grayson', el padre de 'Dick Grayson', en la serie de "Gotham" de la FOX.

El actor posteó una imagen del guión el pasado lunes y también cuando terminaron de rodar el episodio en el que aparece, el 1.16 "The Blind Fortune Teller":
Imagen
En los cómics, los Graysons, más conocidos como the Flying Graysons, son una familia de acróbatas que son asesinados por la mafia durante una actuación. Huérfano y sin más familia viva, un joven Dick Grayson es adoptado por Bruce Wayne y se convertirá finalmente en Robin, el chico maravilla y ayudante del Caballero Oscuro.

En la serie, veremos una versión más joven de los padres de Dick.

Además de esta incorporación, también hemos sabido que el actor de "Shameless" Cameron Monaghan aparecerá en el mismo episodio como 'Jerome', que está también involucrado en el circo y cruzará su camino con la policía de Gotham en mitad de una investigación de asesinato. Así lo confirmó el mismo actor también en twitter:
Imagen

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/08/gotham- ... n-grayson/
http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/20 ... uest-star/

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”