Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: Película de "WONDER WOMAN" (2017)

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Revelada nueva still de "Wonder Woman":

Imagen

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Más de 50 cosas por saber sobre la nueva película de la icñonica superheroína (collider):
Más de 50 cosas por saber sobre la nueva película de la icñonica superheroína
Por Matt Goldberg 06 Marzo, 2017

I need Wonder Woman to be good. I want every movie I see to be good, but if they’re not, I shrug off the disappointment and go about my business. But the stakes for Wonder Woman are so much higher. While there have been a couple of female-led superhero movies (Catwoman and Elektra), neither was good, and neither character was all that popular to begin with. Wonder Woman is an icon, and there’s no bigger female superhero in the genre. She’s been around for over 75 years, and she was always intended as a feminist hero, able to show strength and love in equal measure. I need the movie to do justice to that legacy and the ideals she’s carried in her best stories. I need the movie to do well so that Hollywood knows that there’s an audience for superhero stories led by women.

In February 2016, some fellow journalists and I visited the set of Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman in London. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice hadn’t come out yet, so all we knew of the character was what we had seen in the trailers. When we arrived on set, we were walked through basically the entire plot of the film, which I won’t divulge here or any other spoilers about the film.

Here are over 50 things to know about Wonder Woman:

The Story

- The story is framed by the modern day with Diana Prince/Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) flashing back to her origin story.

– The film will show Diana as a child growing up on the island of Themiscyra.

– Within this flashback, there will be a story told to young Diana about the creation of the Amazons, their relationship to Zeus and Ares, and why they’ve decided to remain hidden from mankind.

– Diana’s mother, Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen), originally doesn’t want Diana to be a warrior, but Diana trains in secret with her aunt, General Antiope (Robin Wright), and Hippolyta eventually accepts her daughter’s goals.

– When American intelligence officer Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) crash lands on Themiscyra, Wonder Woman rescues him, but the first big battle scene comes with German soldiers, who have followed Trevor to the island, square off against the Amazons.

– After the battle, Trevor tells of the Great War, and that he has recovered secret plans that intend to ruin the armistice. When he goes to sail to London, Diana decides to go with him because she believes that Ares is behind World War I.

– She grabs her armor, bracelets, sword, and shield from Themiscyra before leaving with Trevor.

– Once in London, the film becomes a bit of a fish out of water story as Diana, who is naïve and hopeful, is fascinated by the “modern” world (the film takes place in 1918).

– The main human villains are the rogue German general Ludendorff (Danny Huston) and the scarred scientist Dr. Maru (Elena Anaya), who devises various poisons. There’s also the specter of the god of war Ares’ involvement in the larger scheme of things.

– David Thewlis plays Assemblyman Sir Patrick Morton, a British politician advocating for peace.

– Overall, the film looks like a bit of a combination between Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger. The stuff in Themiscyra is Thor (a god who has never known the human world) and the stuff in World War I is Captain America (a superhero in the middle of a worldwide, mechanized war), and audiences, having accepted both those movies, should have no trouble investing in the tone Jenkins’ is going for.

The Filming

- The film is being shot in 35mm, not IMAX

– On the day we visited, we saw Gadot running on a treadmill in front of a green screen and “deflecting” bullets with her magical gauntlets.

– Even from afar, the costume looks badass.

– Jenkins is shouting out, “Bang! Block!” as Gadot deflects the non-existent bullets headed her way.

– There’s more of Gadot on the treadmill, we go to lunch, come back, there’s more treadmill but from a different camera angle. Then we get to talk to Gadot.

Gal Gadot

- The best thing about playing Wonder Woman is this is exactly the kind of role she wanted to play when she started acting eight years ago—a strong, independent woman.

– She loves everything about Diana. “She has a heart of a human being, powers of goddess and a very wise brain,” says Gadot.

– Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor balance each other out. He understands the dark side of human nature, and she’s an idealist, so he helps inform her worldview, and she brings hope back into his life.

– While the Wonder Woman we see in Batman v Superman is a more mature woman, the one we see in this origin story is a bit more naïve and positive.

– Wonder Woman doesn’t really see a difference between men and women in terms of social mores or abilities.

– She’s glad this movie is being made because it will give young girls like her daughter a figure to look up to like boys have had with Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man.

– When she was first cast as Wonder Woman, she went back and watched some reruns of the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman from the 70s.

– Wonder Woman’s fighting style is a mix of martial arts that Gadot calls, “WonderFu”.

After the interview, we moved on to the costume department.

Costumes

- Costume Designer Lindy Hemming (The Dark Knight) walked us through some of the designs and oufits.

– She says that the Wonder Woman armor for Wonder Woman only has some minor changes from what we saw in Batman v Superman.

– Unsurprisingly, she looked to Greek influences when designing the armor for the Amazons.

– This is one of the most design-heavy jobs she’s had to do because of the different eras and settings.

– It was important for Jenkins that the Amazons not be just one race or body type.

– There are 8 different versions of the Wonder Woman costume, and they’ll probably have to make around 20 to 30 for the various stunt people and stand-ins.

– The challenge has been to merge the unreality of Wonder Woman’s world with the reality of World War I, and then trying to get those realistic costumes right.

– When it came to the armor, Hemming also had to deal with the challenge of creating armor that was both sturdy enough to look like it could take a beating, but also allowed the actors to move and do their stunts.

– Gadot’s main input was trying to look for comfort where possible given the stuntwork and external elements like weather, but Hemming unfortunately “couldn’t help her very much.”

Second Unit Filming

- We then moved on to a World War I set and the details are amazing. Production Designer Aline Bonetto has put together some really impressive production design for the bombed out city of Veld. Everything from the storefronts to the advertisements looks absolutely on point.

– In this scene, Diana, Trevor, and their fellow fighters Charlie (Ewen Bremner), Sameer (Saïd Taghmaoui), and Chief (Eugene Brave Rock) are making their way to the front.

– They’re shooting with the Phantom Red, which has the advantage of being able to really speed up the number of frames per second thus allowing for highly-detailed slow-motion.

– In the scene, Trevor (what we saw on the day was being handled by Chris Pine’s stunt double) is laying down some shotgun action as he takes down some German soldiers.

– The only sunny days they’ve had were in Veld when they didn’t need the sun.

– We then moved on to some trenches, which were appropriately grim. It’s a bit jarring to be on the set of a superhero film and then go to a recreation of a gruesome war zone that’s meant to evoke where countless men suffered and died in battle.

– We then moved on to the Throne Room set, which wasn’t being used at that time. While there was a bit of whiplash for me personally having just walked through World War I trenches, I doubt there will be for an audience that has seen a variety of superhero movies. Also, it’s not like the trench scene precedes the throne room scene in the film.

Director Patty Jenkins

- Our set visit in London ended after checking out the trenches and the throne room, but we weren’t done yet. We didn’t get a chance to interview Jenkins while on set because she was so busy, but thankfully, Warner Bros. brought us back to London a year later to do an edit bay visit with Jenkins. We saw some scenes and then spoke to Jenkins about the film.

– While she’s aware of the politics of the moment, she hopes that people will see Wonder Woman as a universal character; while there are comments on sexism, it’s not a “woman” movie. It’s a Wonder Woman movie intended to be on par with any other superhero origin film.

– Richard Donner’s Superman had a huge effect on her when she was a kid, even more than Star Wars.

– She thinks that Wonder Woman stands apart from heroes like Batman and Superman because she’s guided by an almost religious-like belief system that demands she behave in a certain way. “She believes in love, and she believes in truth.” Jenkins goes on to describe Wonder Woman’s worldview as, “I believe in the betterment of you, and I believe in you, and I believe in truth. And I believe that you all can be better, and I will fight to protect you. But I also believe in better than that.”

– She also believes that Wonder Woman fights not because she wants to, but because she has to for the betterment of mankind.

– The film won’t delve too much into Dr. Maru’s backstory, but her driving motivation is that she’s someone who has suffered a lot of pain, and now delights in seeing that kind of pain inflicted on others to prove that they’re not as strong as her.

– While at first she was a bit bummed that she didn’t get to cast Wonder Woman, once she met Gadot, all her fears were put to rest.

– What made her want to do the movie was being on the same page as the studio in wanting to tell Wonder Woman’s origin story.

– She didn’t even see Batman v Superman until she was halfway done making Wonder Woman.

– The studio always supported her vision (while this may sound like director-speak, I will say that they walked us through the plot on set and then again in the edit bay for people who weren’t on the set visit; the two plots match up, so there haven’t been any major changes).

– There was never any pressure to try and tie the story to the present day, and while Jenkins did hint that the ending will probably connect in some way to Justice League, this is first and foremost an origin story for Wonder Woman.

– Jenkins doesn’t believe Wonder Woman’s origin story is more complicated than any other superhero’s; it’s just that those superheroes have gotten movies to popularize those origin stories. She notes that most people probably didn’t know Superman’s history until Richard Donner’s film. That’s what they’re hoping to do with Wonder Woman.

– It was important to nail the tone and make sure that they could hit that “small pocket” of not making the World War I stuff look too much like a BBC documentary, but also not being campy by having a person in a superhero costume walking through a battlefield.

– There are “hundreds of things” Jenkins would like to do with Wonder Woman beyond the character’s origin story.

– Jenkins wanted to make sure that humor was a part of the story because she felt that was honest to life.

– There was no mandate on the tone of her movie.

Final Thoughts

I know that with each passing film, DC movies become a tougher sell. Believe me, after the one-two punch of Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad, I’m as skeptical as anybody. But that being said, I think they’ve got it right with Wonder Woman. They know the story they want to tell, and they understand the character. Everything I saw on set, the clips they showed us at the edit bay visit, and the interviews all point towards a film with a clear vision and a story worth telling.

I need Wonder Woman to be good, and I truly think it will be.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

- La escena de acción de ‘Wonder Woman’ que lleva el heroismo a las películas de DC (collider):
La escena de acción de ‘Wonder Woman’ que lleva el heroismo a las películas de DC

The DCEU is in a bad place. The films are critically maligned and they underperform at the box office. There’s not much in the way of consistent world-building, but more damning is that they’re superhero movies that don’t feel particularly heroic. No one walks out of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice feeling good about the world or wanting to emulate its titular heroes. For a studio that’s trying to build a cinematic universe around superheroes, Warner Bros. is struggling to create a connection between fans and characters.

While hope always seems to surface with the next feature, Wonder Woman could truly turn the page and be the first good DCEU movie. Granted, we’re still a ways off from seeing the finished product, and I hesitate to make grand pronouncements based off cherry-picked footage. And yet last week when I visited the edit bay for Wonder Woman, we were shown a scene that’s undeniably better than anything glimpsed in the DCEU thus far. Yes, that’s a low bar to clear, so I’ll put it this way: it’s a scene that’s better than what you’ve seen in most Marvel movies too.

wonder-woman-poster-gal-gadotFor those who need a brief refresher on the plot, the film is an origin story for Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), and follows her and Captain Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) as they make their way across Europe during World War I. Trevor is trying to stop a nefarious plot by a rogue German officer (Danny Huston), but Wonder Woman believes that the larger threat is the emergence of Ares, the God of War. As they work together, Wonder Woman learns about the human world and her abilities to help those in it.

You’ve seen glimpses of the scene already: it was in the first trailer where Wonder Woman climbs out into no man’s land and starts deflecting bullets and mortar fire. We got to see the full scene, and while it wasn’t completely finished (they were still using a temp track and polishing up the VFX) it played beautifully.

The scene begins with Wonder Woman, Trevor, and their crew going through the trenches, trying to figure out how to get around the fighting. Wonder Woman is confused about why they’re trying to avoid battle, and learns from a scared civilian woman than other civilians have been forced into slavery by the German troops. While Trevor tries to make the case that they need to stay on mission, that’s not good enough for Wonder Woman. She climbs out of the trench and starts charging at the enemy line. The German troops fire on her, but she deflects bullets with her bracelets and then deflects mortars with her shield. Trevor realizes that Wonder Woman is drawing the enemy fire, so he and his fellow soldiers climb out of the trench and follow Wonder Woman into battle.

It’s a glorious moment for Wonder Woman. She’s not motivated by some deep-seated trauma and she’s not conflicted about her place in the world. Instead, she’s a character with a deeply held moral code, and that code compels her to go out into the middle of a battlefield. In this scene, it’s not about taking on some massive, otherworldly CGI threat. She’s a warrior in the middle of a war, and a leader who’s helping ordinary men defeat evil. She’s doing good because it’s good, and she’s kicking ass because she’s trained her whole life to be a warrior.

The scene ends with Wonder Woman, Trevor, and the troops breaching the German line and taking down a bunch of German soldiers. No, it’s not Superman punching Zod through a bunch of buildings. It’s not the Batmobile blowing up city streets. It’s so much better. It’s a character-driven moment where the action on screen follows the best version of the hero. How good was this scene? I’ll put it this way: I saw it with a bunch of fellow superhero movie nerds, and we’re a pretty jaded bunch. We’ve seen all the superhero films, and while we always want them to succeed, we’re also skeptical. After seeing this scene, we were absolutely giddy.

I don’t know if Wonder Woman will work as a whole movie. There are some areas that I know about (but won’t spoil here) that could end up being a problem. But from what I’ve seen so far, and especially this scene, tells me that when it comes to seeing this beloved hero at her best, fans need not worry. Wonder Woman has come to save the DCEU.

- Escena de ‘Wonder Woman’ introduce nuevos conceptos en las películas de DC: la calidez y el humor (collider):
Escena de ‘Wonder Woman’ introduce nuevos conceptos en las películas de DC: la calidez y el humor

Wonder Woman could be a game-changer in a lot of ways. Obviously, it’s the biggest superhero movie yet to feature a female protagonist, but it also introduces a new wrinkle: the love interest is a dude. This isn’t something that was spun out of the studio’s desire to make the character more mainstream. Steve Trevor has been a part of Wonder Woman’s origin story since the beginning, and he’s as important to her history as Lois Lane is to Superman.

However, this presents a challenge: How do you bring along a male character without lessening the heroine’s importance or agency? The answer may seem obvious, but bad comics writers constantly tried to make Trevor more important than Wonder Woman, and presented him as a force to drive her towards domesticity. In the worst Wonder Woman comics, Trevor wasn’t the one who needed saving; he was the one who “saved” Wonder Woman by luring her towards a life of marriage where she wouldn’t have to worry her pretty little head about things like saving the world.

wonder-woman-posterWhile we likely didn’t have to worry about anything like that cropping up in the movie, Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman could have presented a more insidious form of sexism. The plot of the film has Wonder Woman leaving her home of Themyscira to join Trevor in his mission to stop World War I. Because Wonder Woman has never left Themyscira before, she’s constantly learning about the modern world, or at least the world as it was in 1918. This could have placed Trevor into mansplaining territory where he constantly educates the ignorant Wonder Woman on how the world works.

Last week, I went to London to visit the edit bay for Wonder Woman, and I got to see some scenes that put my fears to rest. What Jenkins and the screenwriters have cleverly done is make sure that Wonder Woman’s naiveté always comes off as satirical. She comes from a place where woman are strong and powerful, and she’s baffled as to why they’re not treated this way in our world. Trevor’s not there to point out the shortcomings in Wonder Woman’s knowledge; she’s there to point out the shortcomings in Trevor’s society.

We saw three scenes strung together (it’s worth noting that these scenes were largely finished, but still had temp tracks and the VFX were being polished). The first has Wonder Woman and Trevor sailing away from Themyscira and then having an awkward conversation about men and women sleeping together. It’s not that their conversation immediately leads to sex, but rather Trevor respectfully giving space to Wonder Woman and her not understanding why he doesn’t sleep next to her. She’s not hitting on him and she doesn’t want to have sex with him. She simply doesn’t understand the social mores, and so his attempt to give her space backfires. They then have a funny conversation where they talk about human sexuality and Wonder Woman informs Trevor that she’s read all 12 volumes on it, but notes that Trevor probably wouldn’t like the author’s conclusion that men are necessary for reproduction and little else.

I can’t emphasize enough how pitch perfect this scene is and how well it sets the tone for their relationship. It’s constantly playful and funny, but it’s not about establishing a power dynamic. No one is trying to “take charge”, and instead it’s played as awkward and cute because these people from two entirely different cultures are struggling to communicate. Wonder Woman gets to be self-assured and thoughtful and Steve struggles to explain social mores, but there’s also a mutual level of respect. They’re trying to communicate, but it leads to Wonder Woman being perplexed and Trevor being flustered. It lays the foundation for their inevitable romance but removed from the hero-damsel dynamic.

We then go to a scene where General Erich Ludendorff (Danny Huston) goes to a laboratory to check up on the progress being made by Dr. Maru (Elena Anaya). She informs him that she needs her notebook to finish her work on a deadly gas, but Ludendorff tries to encourage her by saying that her mind should be more than enough to finish her work. Flattered, she gives Ludendorff a dose of a new gas she’s working on that gives him super-strength. Invigorated, he crushes his pistol with his bare hand and then Maru comes across a scrap of paper that seems to make her realize what she needs to complete her formula.

We then cut back to Wonder Woman and Trevor, who have arrived in London. It’s a moment where the color timing is really going to work in the film’s favor as we move from the bright, idyllic, and peaceful Themyscira to the gray, ugly London of 1918. “It’s hideous,” Wonder Woman dryly remarks, and she’s not wrong. There’s no romanticizing mass industrialization, and it’s nice that Wonder Woman isn’t bowled over by massive manmade structures. In fact, what catches her interest is seeing a baby for the first time (obviously, on an island with no men, there are no babies on Themyscira), and in that moment we get to see Wonder Woman’s joy and compassion. She’s not a stone-cold warrior; she has love in her heart, and it’s a breath of fresh air to see a DCEU superhero express joy at anything.

The scene has Wonder Woman and Trevor making their way to the war council where their awkward interactions continue. Wonder Woman notices that a man and woman on the street are holding hands, and she asks why. Trevor says it’s because they’re together, so Wonder Woman tries to hold his hand, and he pulls back having to explain what “together” means in a romantic context. He also realizes that although she’s covered in a black fur coat, she can’t go around 1918 London in Amazonian battle garb, so they make their way to get her a new outfit. End scene.

Watching the dynamic between Wonder Woman and Trevor makes you realize how foreign this kind of sweetness has been to DCEU movies. Man of Steel and Batman v Superman are largely humorless, and the jokes in Suicide Squad fall flat. To see a DCEU movie display warmth and charm, especially in a tricky relationship like the one between Wonder Woman and Trevor, is immensely reassuring.

- ‘Wonder Woman’: Gal Gadot sobre el crear una superheroína que las chicas jóvenes puedan admirar (collider):
‘Wonder Woman’: Gal Gadot sobre el crear una superheroína que las chicas jóvenes puedan admirar

Gal Gadot is already ahead of the curve when it comes to playing Wonder Woman. While Batman v Superman received a critical drubbing, Gadot’s performance as the Amazonian superhero was warmly greeted by the fans who felt that she perfectly embodied the character they had been waiting to see on the big screen for the decades. While her presence in Batman v Superman was a mere snapshot of the character, she carried the role well and left fans wanting to see more.

In February 2016, some fellow journalists and I went to London to visit the set of Wonder Woman and during our time there, we got to speak with Gadot, who had just been running on a treadmill in front of a green screen “deflecting” bullets with her magical bracelets. During our interview

So, what is the best thing about getting to play Wonder Woman?

GAL GADOT: Not that. [laughter] The best part? Somehow I think that I always wished to play Wonder Woman, without even knowing it myself. 8 years ago, when I just became an actress, I used to travel to Los Angeles and take general meetings with different producers, writers, directors, and they kept on asking me the same question over and over again, “What’s your dream role?” And I kept on saying, I’m open to all genres as long as the story is interesting enough, but if you’re really asking what would I like to do, is to show the stronger side of women, because I feel that there’s not enough stories being told about strong women, and independent women, and little did I know that five years later, I’d land the part.

What’s the most challenging thing, and feel free to say running on a treadmill forever.

GADOT: We were just talking about it this morning, because we’re going through some very, very intensive weeks. Patty was just saying, they’re really, really testing to see if you’re the true, real Wonder Woman, because they decided to shoot the movie in London, which is fantastic, in the winter, which is less amazing, while I wear, while we shoot outside, nights, days, two weeks of night coming up, wearing a very short piece of rubber, running, jumping, needing to fight, with all that. So, it’s, the physicality of it is really challenging, but I like it. I enjoy it. It makes me happy after I do it right, but I really, really love Diana. I love everything about her. I love the story. She has a heart of a human being, powers of goddess and a very wise brain. So, I, she’s everything. I love her.

Who’s your favorite character other than yourself. Who’s your favorite character so far?

GADOT: The main one is Steve, and I really, really enjoy working with Chris. He’s a great partner, funny, we have lots of laughs on set, and I think that his character, in comparison to Diana’s character, they’re very much, yin and yang. He’s this realistic guy, who’s been through a lot, and he knows what mankind is capable of doing, and Diana is this young idealist, who thinks that the world is very white, very pure, mankind are only good, and there’s something in their, you know, once they get to know each other, he teaches her so much about reality and mankind, and she brings back hope to his life.

Kind of branching off that question, this film is set about 100 years before the events of Batman v. Superman, so how did you kind of change your approach to the character?

GADOT: Well, the character is different. The character that we shot, that I played in BvS was more realistic and more mature and more of a woman, you know, mature woman. In this one, this is the coming of age of Diana. This is her story of, she starts as a very naive girl, naive, positive, happy, seeking for good girl, but in BvS, she’s been, she’s been through a lot. She already understood what, the complexity of human beings, and she’s more, she’s just more mature in BvS.

Building off of that, we heard in the most recent trailer, your voice. In Batman v Superman, you kind of have…

GADOT: What do you think of my voice? Too low?

Sort of an American, British accent…

GADOT: You expect it more like.. [makes high pitched sound]

But the accent was what I thought was interesting, so I’m curious, does she have that accent when she’s on Themysciara or is that something that develops over her course of being with humanity?

GADOT: Her accent on, in this one, in Wonder Woman is more Themysciarian. She still has some of the Themysciarian accent on BvS, but she knows hundreds of languages, starting here, starting in Themsysciara, well educated to know, to speak every language that we can think of, and in this one, she has a heavier accent, Themysciarian accent than on BvS; it’s lighter, but it’s still there. She’s still foreign, She’s still from a different place.

Can you talk about Diana’s relationship with her mom?

GADOT: Yeah, interesting question. So, as you know, Connie Nielson plays my mother. She’s fantastic, and I really enjoy working with her. Diana is a very opinionated girl. She was the only child raised on this island, so she’s the special kid, and she was very, she was nurtured by her mother and by her aunts and all of the women in Themysciara. So, she’s very, very opinionated. Her mother is very opinionated. Her mother is very protective as well, and they have, you know, the very natural clash that a mother has with her daughter, with their daughters, the first time they want to leave home. So, it’s a very emotional moment, very intensive moment, but it’s what I love about Diana is that so many, in so many different points in this story, she has conflicts that every human being has, you know. She’s very—it’s easy to relate to her. She’s very accessible. That’s it.

Other than her physical strength, what do you think makes her such a feministic hero?

GADOT: Other than her powers?

Yeah, because obviously we know she’s so strong both physically and…

GADOT: First of all, she doesn’t see that difference between any gender difference. It’s not even an issue, you know. She comes from this world where men and women are equal and it’s not a thing to be a man or to be a woman. She sees, she feels that she can do everything and she will go for it. She’s a peace seeker; she wouldn’t go and look to start a battle or a fight. She would try to solve it in any other different way, but I think that’s what’s beautiful about Wonder Woman, is that she’s, it’s funny, because I just had the conversation with my daughter two nights ago. I put her to bed and I was reading her a story and it was about princesses and Ariel the mermaid, whatever, and then she was talking about the prince, the guy, she called him the prince, and she said, “Yeah, and the prince, they’re usually very strong.”

And I asked her, “And what about the princesses?”

“They’re weak.”

“And how do you think they should be, Alma? (My daughter’s name is Alma.)”

She said, “They should be strong. They should be strong,” and I feel very proud that finally this movie is being made, because all of you guys, all men and all boys, always had a figure to look up to, whether it’s Superman or Batman or Spider-Man, or whatever it is, they always had heroes to look up to and for girls, it’s always the princesses are being saved or being passive and finally Wonder Woman, she’s fearless, she’s proactive, she believes in herself. She believes she can do everything, and that’s a true woman for me.

Did you follow Wonder Woman’s story when you were growing up?

GADOT: Not really, to be honest. No. I knew of her, but I, the Lynda Carter show, the Wonder Woman show, I wasn’t born then. After I got cast, I saw some of the reruns.

Is your daughter familiar with Wonder Woman?

GADOT: Yes, she is. Yes, she is. Yes she is.

Is she excited?

GADOT: Yeah, she’s super excited.

You were talking about pop culture figures for young people to look up and the boys had many. Who did you look up to in pop culture when you were young?

GADOT: Let me think, if I had any, but I don’t, like I didn’t have a strong female figure to look up to. Only when I was a teenager, then I loved different artists, you know, women, but as a girl, I didn’t have a strong figure to look up to, other than my mother.

How would you sell this movie to boys who may be thinking well, this is for girls?

GADOT: This is such a universal story. It’s such a universal story. It’s a beautiful story about a beautiful soul, that tried to save the world and do better, and she doesn’t know much of what she’s getting into. She’s very naive, but her love of her life is educating her, and showing her, in a very sophisticated way, he shows her the reality that she gets, she got into, and there’s a beautiful, just a beautiful love story about a girl who grows, who is growing up.

How do you juggle the fantastic of gods and goddesses and superpowers with the actual historical setting of WWI?

GADOT: Well, it was very easy, because when we shot, when we, when we shoot Themysciara when we shoot the island, it’s going to be only Themysciara for a month in Italy, it’s going to have its own vibe, and up until now, we’re shooting here in London, grey, cold London, WWI, it was just like, I was here for, you know, for WWI and when we shoot Themysciara, I’m going to be in Themysciara, with the Amazons and it’s going to be…

So the actual setting really?

GADOT: Yeah.

We’ve heard that Diana really has own fighting style for her, that mixes things. Can you talk about figuring that out and training for it?

GADOT: The training, yeah, I did a lot of training. I trained, I do swords training. I did boxing. I did martial arts, like different, I don’t know, yeah, I don’t know how to call the styles that I’ve been taught, but…it’s a real mix of everything.

It’s WonderFu.

GADOT: I’m going to call it WonderFu. Because all of the stunt coordinators, they come from every discipline, so she just takes something from everybody and then just made it into this amazing fighting style.

- ‘’Wonder Woman’: la Directora Patty Jenkins sobre el ser inspirada por la película de ‘Superman’ de Richard Donner (collider):
‘’Wonder Woman’: la Directora Patty Jenkins sobre el ser inspirada por la película de ‘Superman’ de Richard Donner

The superhero genre has been going pretty much non-stop since 2000 with X-Men, and yet in all that time, there’s only been one superhero movie directed by a woman (Lexi Alexander for 2008’s Punisher: War Zone, which is an amazing movie). Women typically don’t get the chance to direct blockbuster films in general as they’re stuck in vicious, sexist Catch-22: “We can’t trust a woman to direct a blockbuster feature because she doesn’t have blockbuster feature experience.” Meanwhile, some dude with one Sundance film under his belt is given the keys to a major franchise.

Hopefully, Wonder Woman will change that calculus. It’s one of the biggest movies of the year, and it’s in the hands of director Patty Jenkins, whose sole feature directing credit before Wonder Woman was the Oscar-winning Monster. Since then, she’s done TV work, but hopefully Wonder Woman will be the first of many blockbuster features for her

While we didn’t get to talk to her during filming back in 2016, Warner Bros. brought us back to London to speak to Jenkins last week and see some clips from the movie. Some fellow journalists and I spoke to Jenkins about the expectations that come attached to Wonder Woman, her personal history with the character, how she was inspired by Richard Donner’s Superman, what she thinks makes Wonder Woman unique among superheroes, crafting a tone that’s different than other DC movies, setting the film during World War I, and much more. I’m envious of the reporters that will get to talk to her when the film is finally released, because she is sharp, insightful, and has a clear vision about Wonder Woman.

Check out the full interview below.

Do you think this movie will be received differently now coming into this administration than it would have been otherwise?

PATTY JENKINS: I have no idea. Interestingly, I’ll say this: This has been a contentious issue about this time, to my great surprise, regardless of who had won the election. I was just talking about this issue and I was raised by a strong, very feminist mother, single mother, but for whatever reason I was totally surprised by the reality that it wasn’t over a long time ago. So coming into my career, I was like, “Yeah, whatever,” but it appears there are these issues that have been around for a very long time, and a lot of people are saying, “Actually, not that much has changed for all of us.” So I think it’s a hotbed topic, regardless. What I want to be a part of is the next wave where, “Yes, it’s going to bring up a lot of conversation about it,” but the next wave is where we can just start making universal movies about other kinds of people and not have it be an issue. Just say, “Yes, this is a universal movie about a person wanting to be a hero; this one happens to be a woman.”

And that I think is the real challenge, so I went forward with that attitude. It’s interesting and it ends up being funny because the sexism comes to the fore because she’s walking into 1918 and she’s completely oblivious. She’s like, “This is what you wear into battle, right?” She just keeps being completely confused. She would never know about it. So there ends up being accidental comments about it, but I also went into it not making a movie about a woman at all. I’m making a movie about Wonder Woman, who I love, who to me is one of the great superheroes, so I just treated her like a universal character, and that’s what I think is the next step when I think you can do that more and more and when studios have the confidence to do that more and more.

Can you talk a little bit about when you feel like we’ll most past that differentiation into male and female superheroes and hit that “next wave”?

JENKINS: Probably further from now than I’d like to think, although I’d like to be part of it insofar as I reflect back on my career and I realize I’d have a woman in the lead of everything I’ve done, but have not thought about that at all, any more than a man might think about it when they put a man in the lead. I have no agenda. I have a couple different projects starring men that are also projects of mine, so I just want to be a part of never thinking about that it’s a woman. When I made Monster, I didn’t think about it being about a woman, I didn’t think about that she was a lesbian. I was telling a story about a specific person who was tragic and looking for love in the world, and the more I could make her you, the more of a victory. Because I’m here because of Superman. I’m here because when I saw [Richard Donner’s] Superman as a kid, it rocked my world, and I was Superman. I was that little boy. I took that ride and that journey. I always say that Star Wars had a huge effect on me too, but what Star Wars did for some people, Superman did for me. I remember the theater, I remember the feeling, I remember I cried and I laughed and I went through that whole thing and I was Superman. I believed in myself as Superman, and that’s the beauty of film. Like whoever you make a movie about, it’s so old school to think that it matters. I don’t relate at all to people in Greek times, but we’re still talking about them. It doesn’t matter if they’re an elf or a dog or whatever. It’s just pick your character and tell your story that rings everybody’s bell.

So that’s what I think will be the next wave. Of course it’s a bummer that we’re going to be a “woman’s film”, but on the other hand, it’s important to talk about because I think a lot of time those movies haven’t been. It’s like those articles where movies directed by women win more Oscars, but women directors never get nominated for Oscars. It’s important to acknowledge, yet making the film it’s important to tune out. I don’t think about it at all.

What is about Wonder Woman’s heroism that makes her stand apart from superheroes like Batman or Superman?

JENKINS: I think they all have wonderful, different ideals, and for her it’s her belief system about the world in her own special way. She, besides Thor, is the only one who’s a god, and yet she has a very strong point of view. She believes in love, and she believes in truth. That’s a strong point of view. So Superman wants to save the world and all the superheroes want to save the world for a variety of reasons or they want revenge or they’re defending themselves. Whichever it is, she’s one of the only ones I can think of where she has a belief system that’s almost religious. “I believe in the betterment of you, and I believe in you, and I believe in truth. And I believe that you all can be better, and I will fight to protect you. But I also believe in better than that.” That’s wonderful to work with. And that is in this time. That’s something amazing to have. I believe in her. I believe that’s an important message right now. “I don’t want to fight. I don’t want to kill people. But if I’m in this situation, I’m going to fight for your right to be better people.” That’s a wonderful story to dig into. And have your own doubts about your struggles as the great superheroes have.

Can you talk about the decision process behind making Dr. Maru a female villain?

JENKINS: I think it was the same thing. It was important that it wasn’t the evil done by any gender or any person. It was about damage and darkness and what creates evil. In her case, she’s an interesting character because—we don’t get super into her backstory—but we know her backstory, which is that she’s a woman who’s had all kinds of damage in her life and now she delights in—and I’ve known people like this—delights in bringing that to other people’s lives. Like, “Oh, now you see. Now you see what I know. You can’t take it.” There is that way of being a damaged and dark person. You’re waiting for other people to face that wrath too. So I loved that about her, and she’s a character who’s focused in on developing all kinds of toxic weapons and tools. So I liked that they [Maru and Ludendorff] had two separate goals, but together they had a very bad intention, which is how I think real villains work.

How do you approach a movie for a character where the role was cast by someone else and that person also began the crafting process for that character?

JENKINS: It was interesting. It was a little of both. She had already been cast, and I remember because I had been talking to DC for a long time, and I remember reading in the paper when they cast her, and I was like, “Aw, they cast someone. I can’t believe it. This is the movie I always wanted to do.” But it wasn’t active at that time. But I honestly couldn’t mean this more, it’s a lesson to me about how things can happen all kinds of different ways, because I’m very picky about casting. Charlize [Theron] for Monster was something a lot of people didn’t believe in, so I was like, “You have to know what you’re doing and take a chance,” and I felt strongly about that.

To my great surprise, [Gadot] is the greatest person in the universe who could have played her. They did an amazing job casting her. So when I came on to the project, originally I had been talking to the studio a couple different times where they had been going about it in a way where I’m like, “I’m just not the right director for that, sadly,” because these are long roads and you can’t get into in a war where you want two different things. You have to sign on to something where you know you’re making the same thing.

When they came to a place during the making of Batman v Superman, where they decided they were going to make Wonder Woman, the great thing is they decided to do her origin story, and I was like, “Yes! That’s what I’ve been standing here waiting to do for all these years is her origin story.” The Wonder Woman that I grew up with and I love, and so nicely they cast this Wonder Woman, they’ve got this wonderful person, they’ve got this beautiful costume, but that’s it really. They had laid the story out where they were like, “We could tell this version of the story,” and we’re taking this from the original comic and we’re mixing in a little [writer George Perez] and we’re mixing a little—and this is how we would do it, but besides that, we were completely left on our own. BvS wasn’t even done, so nobody had seen it, nobody knew anything, so I didn’t see that movie until I was halfway through [Wonder Woman].

And they were super supportive. They’ve been great at being, “You’re the director that we’ve picked. This is how you want to go about it.” It’s interesting that the tone of it, I’ve come in and been inspired by [Richard Donner’s] Superman, which is a very bright, shiny character to me. So even if hundreds of years from now she ends up being slightly different because she’s changed a little bit, this is the way to tell this story. So the two things worked very hand-in-hand and were very supportive. We didn’t need to do anything else, which was great and rare.

Because this is set in 1918, how much pressure was on you to tie it into the modern day?

JENKINS: None. We very much told her origin story, and there’s little hints, but there’s nothing—we didn’t have pressure. That was something everybody was very supportive about that with this movie it should be the best it could be. Once you’re committed to making an origin story, then let it be that is my jam. I love that.

How did you approach telling Wonder Woman’s origin story, especially when it’s sometimes viewed as more complicated than what other heroes have?

JENKINS: I don’t think it is more complicated. I think Superman’s origin story was very little known really until they made the movie. How many men on the street were really down with the “Kal-El” and Krypton? They weren’t. So that’s what I’ve been saying for all these years: how do we make her the universal character that she is? Let’s make the movie! And I love her, so let’s do it! I think that any of these characters—maybe Spider-Man; Spider-Man is such a simple story that maybe we all grew up; like growing up I feel like I knew Spider-Man’s story before they made Spider-Man—but Batman, sort of; Superman, complicated; all of the Marvel heroes you certainly didn’t know many of the details of those stories unless you were reading those comics. They weren’t public knowledge, the history of Iron Man or whatever. So I don’t think it is more complicated. She has a world that she comes into this from as they all do, and her aim is very simple. It’s come and save mankind. And then she stays.

Did you have a connection to Wonder Woman growing up?

JENKINS: Yes, because she hit big when I was about seven, eight-years-old, and when it came to superheroes on the playground, that’s who you got to be. But I also loved that she was so beautiful and hot, so if you’re aspiration is like, “Oh, I’m going to play with the boys, but in my head, I look like Lynda Carter.” So that didn’t exist, but in my heart that was near and dear. It’s funny, all my notebooks, all my stickers, and my nickname was “Wonder Woman” in high school. I never thought about all this, adding it up, because I tripped spectacularly and it was for the wrong reasons, but still the Wonder Woman theme was a consistent presence. So if you have a choice, you’re going to pick the Wonder Woman myths, the Wonder Woman binding, but even in my 20s they started selling those notebooks, so it almost is like I think the identity of my generation, a lot of girls in my generation, it was really serious to. I talked through this process every time we talk about this movie, or anytime there’s a question about her fanbase, I’m just like, “Go out on Halloween. Let’s see.” There women and men dressed up as Wonder Woman to this day, but there’s really been no Wonder Woman to this day since the 70s; I mean, there’s been great animated things, but it’s not been because we’ve forced it down anybody’s throats.

Does having Wonder Woman in World War I change the historical context of what World War I is within this universe?

JENKINS: You know what is interesting is that when I first got back, they had decided to do World War I. And I was like, “Whoa. Let me think about that.” And then I almost very quickly loved it because we’ve seen World War II so much, because there are a lot of misunderstandings at play in World War I. The greatest thing is that it was not clear what was going on, and that’s great for her journey. And it’s the first mechanized war. Mankind was changing their belief system about what they were willing to do and what they weren’t. The big and most interesting about World War I was how there had been cavalry and that’s what you were proud of. Be there, you’re on your horse—now you’re just bombing people, and that’s her observation. You don’t know who you’re killing or what’s going on.

So I ended up thinking, “The truth with any of these superhero stories is that it’s not about World War II and it’s not about World War I. It’s about a god, a superhero/Amazon, coming to man’s world and viewing mankind.” So this war ended up being great and then it was really fun to apply a time period nobody knows, to balance the same superhero story you know to tones you do. Because that was my obsession coming in was tone. We have to be so careful it doesn’t look like a BBC documentary, so it doesn’t look silly that somebody has a superhero costume. We have to hit exactly that pocket, and you see it in our villains. You’ve got to hit that little pocket of comic superhero and then you bring it into a comic version of that time, and then they start culminating right there. And by the time they culminate, you’re like “Totally. She’s in that costume, and they’re fighting a war.” It was fun in that way to do it about a period of time people don’t know and to do it with a period where nobody can do this. You cannot cross no man’s land. And she can block bullets. So this was a scene I was deeply in love with from the start. When the two things finally collide, it’s going to be so great.

That’s the one we were on set for.

JENKINS: That’s right! I think it was the big rising up shot. I think we were on the far side. So crazy that you get to see it after all that.

Is there stuff you wanted to do with the character you didn’t get to because it was an origin story or stuff you’d like to do at a later date?

JENKINS: Hundreds of things. Many, many things I can’t wait to do with her. She’s got a lot of shades that I really, really like. I think whatever we get to do with her in the future, the great thing is that this is the way to start. This is the way to start, and then you give birth to a superhero that can go on to have all kinds of different shades and dimensions and the journey.

Will there be some kind of character dynamic switch in the present day? Will there be something that re-inspires her?

JENKINS: Yes, there will be. It also illuminates how we might be misperceiving what she actually is thinking in the future. I think this movie ends great and in a way that really helps to understand her, and she has a lot of shades in the future. But I think really when you look back at BvS, it’s a snapshot. You’re not getting a lot of information about her point of view, so I think there’s a lot of complexity in why she’s saying what she’s saying and why she is who she is.

Can you talk a bit about balancing the humor that’s part of a superhero movie but also making it part of a war film? Because we do see the humor in these clips.

JENKINS: Thank you. I just care about that. I care about that with all filmmaking. Very rarely do I not look for both because I believe that the truth has both. I’ve had tragedy in my life and it doesn’t stop comedy, so I think it’s important to do both. Particularly in a superhero movie, but in any movie that accesses all people. Nobody wants to be abused for two hours. I think entertainment is ebb and flow. I actually came up in comedy around comedians; I thought I would be a comic director and then I got the opportunity to make a serious movie and it went that way. I think casting, it’s one of the things I love about superhero movies, is that they have both, and then casting really funny people and making scenes not disrespectful, so you’re like, “Okay, good. Chris Pine is hilarious. But when the moment comes, Chris Pine is a great dramatic actor. So having somebody who can be both. She is hilarious, by the way. They’re both really funny. But having a character who can be a real person that has both sides and taking them on a journey where it’s not serious yet—it’s funny and they’re having fun—that’s kind of perfect. So I don’t feel like we went camp in a way that then contradicted it. I felt like we were making a straightforward film that was funny in parts and then got serious in others.

Can you talk a bit about the DC “tone” and how Wonder Woman fits into that?

JENKINS: All I can say is that from my point of view, there is no mandate on tone that I experienced. So I think every filmmaker is making their own movie in the tone that they see right for that movie. So I have no pressure on me to not do the same. So I came in saying, “Superman 1” and “It’s an origin story” and casting Chris, who I knew and was so funny, and all of these things. And they were seeing it shape up as what it shaped up as and supporting it. I think that will also be true with Aquaman and Flash all of those movies. I don’t think there is one tone. I think maybe Christopher Nolan had a serious tone, and Zack [Snyder] has a different tone that is also serious in a different way. So I think it became a perception that there was one tone, but that’s not what I had heard. I heard that there were these different superheroes and I was coming in to make one. And I was supported it making it the tone I wanted to make it.

- 15 cosas que supimos del set de "Wonder Woman" (IGN):
15 cosas que supimos del set de "Wonder Woman"
Por Scott Collura 06 Marzo 2017

Hey, don’t judge. I'm lucky enough to be able to say that my job has afforded me the chance to visit a fair share of movie sets over the years, and one thing I’ve learned about superhero movies in particular is that, more often than not, you don’t get to see the actors in full super-costume mode when you're there. But back in February of 2016 while on the set of Warner Bros. and the DCEU’s Wonder Woman, I got to meet Gal Gadot while she was dressed in her full Amazonian regalia. And… she touched my shoulder when she said hello! (O.K., maybe you had to be there to full appreciate it…)

I was visiting Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden, outside London with a group of reporters to check out the Patty Jenkins-directed film, the first major female-led superhero movie of the modern era. The shooting we saw that day mostly consisted of Gadot climbing out of a trench on a greenscreen set and walking towards the camera (on a treadmill) as she deflected unseen bullets with her wrist gauntlets. It was pretty cool, but we also learned quite a bit about the film during our visit, so let’s break down some of the most intriguing bits. Here are 15 things we learned on the set of Wonder Woman.

Some spoilers follow.

1. A Gift from Batman Opens the Film

Remember that really old photo of Wonder Woman, a.k.a. Princess Diana, from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? You know, the one with Chris Pine and some other soldier type dudes? Well, Wonder Woman begins in the present day with Diana working at the Louvre in Paris, where she receives a package from Bruce Wayne -- a glass-plate photograph from 100 years earlier. That photo. This triggers a flashback to Diana’s origin story, which makes up the bulk of the film.

2. Diana Is a "Different Character" Than in BvS

Wonder Woman isn’t Wonder Woman when we first meet her in the flashback. And she’s definitely got a long way to go before she becomes the super-heroine of BvS, according to Gadot. “Well, the character is different,” she told us during a break from shooting. “The character that I played in BvS was more realistic and more mature and more of a woman. A mature woman. This one, this is the coming of age of Diana. It's her story. She starts as a very naive girl -- naive, positive, happy, seeking-for-good girl. But in BvS she's been through a lot. She's already understood what the complexity of human beings [are]. And she’s just more mature in BvS.”

3. The Gods Exist in the DCEU -- Including Ares

When Diana is still just a girl in the film, her mother reads her the origin story of the Amazons from a time before time existed. Zeus, the god of all gods, decides to create mankind, but his son Ares is jealous of Zeus’ relationship with man. And so Ares brings war to man, and starts killing his fellow gods. Zeus asks the goddess Aphrodite for help, and she creates the Amazon warrior race, whose mission is to restore peace and love to humankind. But Ares’ reign of terror would persist on Earth, and eventually the Amazons would retreat to the island of Themyscira. Certainly, this opens up the world of DC films even more than it already had been with the previously confirmed existence of aliens and Atlanteans. Indeed, we can say that Wonder Woman is the daughter of Zeus in the film as well. (Read more about Ares here.)

4. But That Doesn’t Mean Gods Can’t Die…

In the DC comics there's a sword called the God Killer -- which is typically associated with Deathstroke actually -- and it’s this weapon that Diana steals from her own people before heading out to Man’s World with Chris Pine’s Steve Trevor. Why she steals it remains something of a mystery, as is the true nature of the God Killer, but it definitely involves Ares himself, who of course is an age-old foe of Wonder Woman’s in the comics and is expected to show up in the film too as the true villain pulling the strings behind the scenes.

5. Wonder Woman Is Probably Smarter Than You

Perhaps not surprisingly, Diana is very well schooled. In fact, it sounds like she has several lifetimes worth of knowledge. “She knows hundreds of languages starting here,” says Gadot. “She's well-educated. She knows how to speak every language that you can think of. In this one she has a heavier Themyscira accent. In BvS it's lighter, but it's still there.”

6. Steve Trevor’s Team Explained

The guys in that old photo from World War I are Steve Trevor’s crew. Pine’s version of Trevor is a spy, and along with Diana his team is something of a motley group who, of course, each has special skills. Sameer (Saïd Taghmaoui) is a flirtatious, charming master of disguise, Chief (Eugene Brave Rock) is an opportunist who trades with both sides and knows how to get people across the front lines, Charlie (Ewen Bremner) is a heavy drinking sharpshooter who’s already had a tour of duty and has post-traumatic stress. Wonder Woman isn’t terribly impressed by these guys initially, and neither are they too happy about this girl joining their ranks… at first, anyway.

7. Wonder Woman’s Greatest Weapon Is Compassion

As powerful as Diana is, the filmmakers see Wonder Woman’s greatest strength as her compassion. She’s motivated by peace in this film, and they see her as a champion of equality, justice, truth, hope, and love. Certainly, the darker feel of the DCEU movies to date have not exactly strived to convey those qualities with their characters, so perhaps Wonder Woman will signal a change in tone for this shared universe.

8. Why the Film Is Set During World War I

Although, Wonder Woman was created during World War II, and in fact fought the Axis powers at times, the movie version has placed her origin story during the first World War instead. “World War I is the first instance of mechanized warfare on this huge scale, and being the War to End All Wars seemed like a very good time period for Wonder Woman, whose great enemy is Ares,” explains executive-producer Rebecca Steel Roven. “To come in to Man’s World and face off against him. It also happens that you have lots of different opportunities for social commentary -- like when you see her in London -- for women’s roles during the time. You don’t have to hit anyone over the head with it.”

9. Wonder Woman Will Question Gender Roles

Speaking of social commentary, since Diana hails from a land where there are only women, she’ll have to grapple with the complexities of gender roles once she arrives in Man’s World. For example, her costume is met with raised eyebrows when she arrives in London and as a result she must dress in the fashions of the time period (for a while anyway). “When she first comes to Man’s Land, that’s her battle armor. Why does she need to hide her skin? It’s one of those things that doesn’t make sense to her,” said co-producer Atlas Entertainment’s Curt Kanemoto. “She’s a warrior. And then when she’s trying to find her disguise, it’s more about… what you call a corset, is this armor? And there’s this funny line with [Lucy Davis’ character] Etta where she’s like, ‘No, it’s fashion. It’s similar to that.’ So I think we get a hit on those types of commentary lightly, but at the same time we get to see how far, how much further, the conversation on equality needs to go.”

Gadot pointed out that typically it’s male role models like Superman or Batman or Spider-Man in these kinds of films. “I feel very proud that finally this movie is being made,” she says. “For girls, it's always the princesses who are being saved or being passive. Finally Wonder Woman, she's fierce, she's proactive, she believes in herself, she believes she can do everything. That's it. That's a true woman for me.”

10. The Filmmakers Pulled from Specific Comics Panels for Inspiration

Roven also said that the many different versions of the comic from its history were used for inspiration while making the film. “From the stunt team that actually looked at panels to help compose shots to her costume, our villains [and] the characters, the source material is the source material,” she said, while adding that the team was also willing to diverge from the source when necessary. “And really the inspiration for Themyscira, if you go back to the original comics -- it was more about just this ideal sort of paradise. And at the time Greek inspiration felt very appropriate, but what Patty was trying to do was say, ‘O.K., what would that be for contemporary times? When that part of the world isn’t quite so mysterious as it once was, what would our version of Paradise Island be?’”

11. Don’t Expect to See the Invisible Plane This Time Around

When asked if Wonder Woman’s famous (and famously difficult to see) mode of transportation would appear in the film, the producers would only say there are a lot of planes and a lot of horses in the movie. Jenkins has since confirmed that, alas, the invisible plane isn’t in this film.

12. This Film Will Explain Why Batman and Superman Have Never Heard of Wonder Woman in BvS

Since Batman v Superman takes place approximately 100 years after Wonder Woman’s World War I story, one big question that lingers is why the World’s Finest don’t know who Diana is when she first appears in that film. Why hasn’t WW been fighting crime for the past century? The filmmakers wouldn’t tell us specifically why this is, but they did say that Diana’s movie will explain why she apparently went underground after the war. “There’s a strong catalyst at the end of this film that represents where she’s been, or not been, when we pick her up in Batman v Superman,” explained Kanemoto.

13. Steve Trevor Is Both Love Interest and Teacher to Diana

Chris Pine’s character fills the role typically left to the Lois Lanes or Vicki Vales of the world, but he’s not just Diana’s love interest. He also teaches her about life outside of Themyscira. “I think that his character compared to Diana's character, they're very much yin and yang,” says Gadot. “He's this realistic guy who's been through a lot and he knows what mankind is capable of doing. And Diana is this young idealist who thinks that the world is very white, very pure. Mankind [is] only good. There's something once they get to know each other, and he teaches her so much about reality and mankind. She brings back hope to his life.”

14. Diana Is the Only Child on Themyscira

Connie Nielsen plays Diana's mother, Queen Hippolyta. She raises her daughter in the most unique of situations in that there are no other children on Paradise Island, a fact which surely makes Hippolyta even more protective of her daughter than most parents typically are. “Diana is a very opinionated girl,” says Gadot. “She was the only child raised on this island. She's the special kid and she was nurtured by her mother and by her aunts and all the women in Themyscira. She's very opinionated. Her mother is very opinionated. Her mother is very protective as well. They have the very natural clash that mother has with their daughters the first time they want to leave home. It's a very emotional moment. Very intensive moment. But it's what I love about Diana, is that in so many different points of the story she has conflicts that every human being has. She's very -- it's easy to relate to her. She's very accessible.”

15. The Time Period for Any Sequels Is TBD

Since Wonder Woman has that 100-year gap between this film and BvS (and Justice League, where she’ll of course also appear), there’s clearly a lot of history that could be mined there regarding Diana’s life after she first left Themyscira. The filmmakers are reserving the option, however, to set any potential Wonder Woman sequels in either the past or the “present” of the DCEU. Only time -- or a magic golden lasso -- will tell.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/06/ ... nder-woman

- Se explica el papel de Geoff Johns en "Wonder Woman" (comicbook):
Se explica el papel de Geoff Johns en "Wonder Woman"
Por Charlie Ridgely 06/03/2017

There are a million reasons to be excited for this Summer's blockbuster, Wonder Woman. Not only is it the first superhero movie with a solo female lead, but it's also a trip back in time. The WWI setting is something that the DC Extended Universe has yet to explore, and fans are excited to see what the locale can bring to the table.

Another exciting fact about this film? Wonder Woman is the first DC film that was guided - in its entirety - by Geoff Johns. The long-time writer/producer was given charge of DC Entertainment a while back, and he has been overseeing the production of the entire connected universe.

When Johns took over, Wonder Woman hadn't yet started production. This will be the first film Johns will have worked on from start to finish, in this new role.

On the Wonder Woman set, Curt Kanemoto - VP of production for Atlas Entertainment - was asked about Johns' role in the production of the film. Kanemoto didn't hesitate in revealing just how important Geoff Johns really is to Wonder Woman.

"Geoff Johns is one of our Executive Producers, and he's of course writing on this film. He's been an amazing part of the core team, along with Chuck [Roven] and Debbie [Snyder] and Zack [Snyder] as producers in the core team, along with John Burke. He's bringing out all of the treasures in the DC chest, of just going a little bit deeper than we have. It's something you can follow up with him on, with Chuck, just in terms of Geoff's involvement with all of DC."

Are you excited to see Wonder Woman blast into theaters this summer? Be sure to give the film an anticipation rating below! Wonder Woman currently boasts a 3.9/5 anticipation score, putting it at #13 in our ComicBook Anticipation Rankings.

In Wonder Woman, before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers...and her true destiny.

Wonder Woman is directed by Patty Jenkins, written by Allan Heinberg and Geoff Johns, from a story by Heinberg and Zack Snyder, and stars Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright, Danny Huston, Elena Anaya, Lucy Davis, Ewen Bremner, Saïd Taghmaoui, Lisa Loven Kongsli and David Thewlis.

Wonder Woman opens in theaters on June 2, 2017.

http://comicbook.com/2017/03/06/geoff-j ... der-woman/

- Por qué Wonder Woman en únicamente importante para las películas de DC (comicbook):
Por qué Wonder Woman en únicamente importante para las películas de DC
Por Lucas Siegel 03/06/2017

When this June rolls around, we're not just getting another superhero movie. In Wonder Woman, we get the first modern superhero movie with a female lead, as Warner Bros. and DC Films beat rival Marvel Studios to the punch. It's something that wighs heavily on the minds of the DC Films production team, and certainly provides some unique pressure.

"When you're the first of anything, it's important, isn't it? You can't dodge that bullet," producer Charles Roven told ComicBook.com in an interview. "Of course it's important. It's important because it hasn't been done, and on the one hand you could say it's exciting because it hasn't been done. That makes it a challenging and thrilling and gives you a little bit of butterflies at the same time. Those are great feelings to have when you're embarking on this kind of a journey."

When making Man of Steel, the team at DC Films mapped out a basic plan for the Justice League, and they knew then that they were going to make Wonder Woman the only other solo film before the team came together. That level of importance placed on her, and the "DC Comics trinity" of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, was acknowledged from the start.

"We're equally excited to be moving with these other films [like Aquaman, The Flash, and more], but yes, the uniqueness of having the first woman superhero [lead] is - that's just it. It's been 75 years and now it's happening," Roven said. They won't be shying away from the fact that she's a woman, and in a world where things aren't very easy for that gender.

"With Wonder Woman, this is really interesting to take a character and explore what that must be like for somebody to have that first unique experience of seeing a man for the first time, or going to a world where no one is challenging your right to be there, yet when you go to England in 1918, the women have just gotten the vote because they challenged, and they're still not necessarily invited into clubs or rooms of power. They're actually excused from that, so it's an interesting look at what life must have been. Then you've got some interesting humor and satire that you can play off of that. That is something that's relatable in many ways, simply by the fact of there's a certain point in time as you're growing up when you're invited into the room, or you're invited to the table, or you're no longer at the kids table and you're at the adults table. You know what I'm saying? That kind of thing is relatable to everybody's life in some way," the producer revealed.

Once Wonder Woman opens the door, hopefully it will be the catalyst for more. Marvel Studios is in pre-production for a Captain Marvel solo film, but doesn't yet have a director. No other solo female superhero films are currently on the books from the "big two" or even based on any other known American comic book characters.

Wonder Woman, directed by Patty Jenkins and starring Gal Gadot as Diana, Princess of Themyscira, is in post-production now for a June 2, 2017 release.

Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot, Steve Trevor, played by Chris Pine, crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers...and her true destiny.

http://comicbook.com/2017/03/06/why-won ... -dc-films/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "WONDER WOMAN" | "International Women´s Day" Trailer (2017):
https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/839536670806401024

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo póster oficial de "Wonder Woman":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- WONDER WOMAN | Gal Gadot teases Official Trailer #3:
https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/840306886876454912

- WONDER WOMAN | Official Trailer #3 (Sneak Peek #1):
https://twitter.com/WonderWomanFilm/sta ... 3699101696

- WONDER WOMAN | Official Trailer #3 (Sneak Peek #2):
https://twitter.com/amazonheroicon/stat ... 2697474058

- WONDER WOMAN | Official Trailer #3 (Sneak Peek #3):
https://twitter.com/mevoyx/status/840350510586687488

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- WONDER WOMAN | Official Trailer #3 "Origin":
https://twitter.com/WonderWomanFilm/sta ... 3733760001

- WONDER WOMAN | Official Trailer #3 "Origin" (Español):

- WONDER WOMAN | Extended TV Spot #3 "Origin" (2017):

https://twitter.com/antovolk/status/840868935192969216

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- El productor Charles Roven habla sobre la importancia del personaje de 'Etta Candy' en "Wonder Woman":
Uno de los muchos personajes con los que nos encontraremos en "Wonder Woman" es el que interpreta la actriz Lucy Davis, 'Etta Candy', quien se hace amiga de 'Diana Prince' cuando llega al Mundo de los Hombres.

En una nueva entrevista con Comicbook.com, Charles Roven, productor de la película así como de las anterteriores y las próximas peliculas de DC, ha hablado sobre la importancia que tendrá 'Etta' en la película:

“Totalmente. Pienso que Etta Candy, también, gran personaje de la tradición, han habido muchas encarnaciones de ella también. Pero tiene un personaje realmente importante en esta película, siendo la mujer en un mundo de hombres, a la que Diana conoce y con la que interactúa, y también es una mujer muy fuerte y capaz de una manera distinta a la que lo es Diana. Finalmente está siendo reconocida. Hay un momento divertido donde intenta explicarle a Diana lo que hace. Dice, ‘Bueno, soy una secretaria.’ Y Diana, ‘¿Qué es eso?’ Y ella contesta, ‘Básicamente, hago absolutamente todo para Steve, de noche y de día. Manejo todo, Me encargo absolutamente de todo.’ Y sigue, ‘Y recibo muy poca recompensa.’ Y Diana le dice, ‘Bueno, de donde somos eso se llama esclavitud.’ Realmente lo es, y él lo sabe, ella es su mano derecha y aunque no viaja a la guerra con ellos, ella no va a primera línea, está trabajando en los canales de apoyo para hacer que pase.”

Curt Kanemoto - Vice Presidente de producción de Atlas Entertainment - respalda la declaración de Roven de que Candy fue un personaje vital, "Ella es como los engranajes que hay detrás de todo."

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/03/06/wond ... mportance/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- La película de "Wonder Woman" recibe la clasificación oficial:
Sin sorpresa para nadie, la Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) acaba de publicar el boletín oficial declarando que la película de "Wonder Woman" ha sido clasificada como PG-13.

El anuncio oficial dice lo siguiente:
Clasificada PG-13 por secuencias de violencia y acción, y algún contenido sugerente.

Obviamente hacen alusión a las escenas de lucha que aparecerán en la película y parece claro que el contenido sugerente corresponderá a las escenas que exploren su relación con Steve Trevor, interpretado por Chris Pine.

http://batman-news.com/2017/03/21/wonde ... 13-rating/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Publicadas 21 imágenes de "Wonder Woman" en Alta Resolución:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevos concept-art de "Wonder Woman":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

https://twitter.com/ThomasStorai/status ... -trevor%2F

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Patty Jenkins habla sobre el villano Ares, el humor, Marvel y más:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- WONDER WOMAN | Official Final Trailer #4:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Gal Gadot y Chris Pine anuncian que habrá nuevos contenidos de ‘Wonder Woman’ cada miércoles:

https://www.facebook.com/wonderwomanfil ... 418758292/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Wonder Woman", Patty Jenkins habla sobre las escenas de acción, la química de Gal Gadot y Chris Pine y más:

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “PELÍCULAS BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”