¡¡¡Nuevo proyecto de la FOX sobre GOTHAM!!!

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: ¡¡¡Nuevo proyecto de la FOX sobre GOTHAM!!!

Mensaje por Shelby »

- GOTHAM | 3.16 Promo "These Delicate and Dark Obsessions":

- GOTHAM | Bruce Wayne Wants To Know Who Abducted Him | Season 3 Ep. 16 Clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JLQHjMPOVY

- GOTHAM | Gotham Must Fall | Season 3 Ep. 16 Clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp0IYyJeDzY

- GOTHAM | A Dangerous Crate Arrives In The City | Season 3 Ep. 16 Clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGQPtv1cdk8

- GOTHAM | Gordon Finds Out That The City Is In Danger | Season 3 Ep. 16 Clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJJbs8uHaXM

- GOTHAM | Barbara Tortures A Man For Information | Season 3 Ep. 16 Clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgHViT6lAik

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.16 "These Delicate and Dark Obsessions":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.17 "The Primal Riddle":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Desvelados detalles de la final de la S3 de "Gotham":
TVLine ha desvelado detalles sobre las finales de la presente temporada de varias series, entre ellas la de la final de la S3 de "Gotham":
SEASON FINALE (5 JUNIO, dos episodes): El final de la historia de Jim/Lee lleva a un “renacimiento” de los personajes como “más oscuros, más peligrosos, casi de versiones malvadas de sí mismos,” dice Stephens. Bruce mientras tanto “toma su mayor paso hacia delante hasta el momento para convertirse en el Caballero Oscuro,” y Selina “consigue su látigo.” Reeer!

http://tvline.com/gallery/may-sweeps-sp ... e-flash-2/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 3.17 "The Primal Riddle":
3.17 "The Primal Riddle" (08/05/17 8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT): LOS VILLANOS MÁS TRASTORNADOS DE GOTHAM SE UNEN - Algunos de los villanos más trastornados de Gotham hacen equipo, mientras que El Enigma continúa su conquista de la ciudad. Gordon está en una búsqueda de respuestas y todos los caminos siguen llevándole de vuelta a la Court of Owls. Mientras tanto, a medida que Alfred empieza a notar el cambio en Bruce, Bruce 2 confía en Selina (Camren Bicondova). Estrellas invitadas: Richard Kind como 'Aubrey James', Leslie Hendrix como 'Kathryn', Camila Perez como 'Firefly', Nathan Darrow como 'Victor Fries/Mr. Freeze'.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/04/gotham ... iddle.html?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 3.18 "Light The Wick":
3.18 "Light The Wick" (08/05/17 8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT): GORDON DESCUBRE EL ARMA SECRETA DE LA THE COURT OF OWLS - Gordon descubre el arma que la Court of Owls usará para destruir Gotham, lo que lo lleva a un peligroso camino mientras que la localiza. Mientras tanto, Kathryn (la estrella invitada Leslie Hendrix) y Temple Shaman (la estrella invitada Raymond J. Barry) revela su próximo movimiento a Bruce, e Ivy acude en ayuda de Selina. Estrellas invitadas: Leslie Hendrix como 'Kathryn', Camila Perez como 'Firefly', Raymond J. Barry como 'Temple Shaman', BD Wong como el 'Profesor Hugo Strange'.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/04/gotham ... press.html?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Gotham season 3: entrevista a Robin Lord Taylor (denofgeek):
Gotham season 3: entrevista a Robin Lord Taylor
Por denofgeek - 26 Abril 2017

We talk to Robin Lord Taylor about how he nabbed the Penguin role, and what to expect from Oswald Cobblepot in Gotham season 3...

If you read my Gotham reviews on this site, you’ll know that – more often that not – they feature gushing praise for Robin Lord Taylor’s performance as Oswald Cobblepot. Over two seasons, he’s taken Penguin from a shuffling lackey to the king of Gotham and then down into a big ol’ personal disaster in season 2, with Oswald remaining the MVP of the show despite his topsy-turvy, tumultuous peronal life. It was exciting, then, to chat to Robin Lord Taylor about all things Gotham back in June....

So I was noodling around on Twitter a bit this morning.

Uh oh. [Laughs]

And I was just wondering, what is it about being in London that makes you say ‘the C word’ so much?

[Laughs] That was a joke. I mean, obviously I didn’t say it... I actually hadn’t said it at all. You know, I work very closely with Erin [Richards] and Sean [Pertwee, Gotham‘s British contingent] and they are, again, two of my favourite people in the world. And suddenly, ever since meeting them, my use of the C word has just gone... increased and increased.

And yes, a lot of people are writing back, like saying, ‘oh, no worries, it’s a term of endearment over here’. And it really is, with them, they’re like, ‘oh, you right c**t’, and I’m like, ‘oh, bless you’, you know? [Laughs]

So season 2 was something of a rough time for Oswald, wasn’t it?

Oh, to say the least. Yes, yes.

Was it refreshing to take him out of the gangster game for a bit?

Oh definitely. You know, it would be so much less interesting if he declared himself as the king of Gotham and then he just stayed there. You know? He needed to have a fall, and he needed to fall as epically as he did. In order to learn the lessons that he needs, to go forward. And if he should become king of Gotham again, he will now have the tools to hopefully hold onto the job a little bit longer than he did the previous time.

But, yeah it was just incredible. And, specifically, one of my favourite aspects of this season was after was ‘cured’ by Hugo Strange and then he became a gentle, pure, kind person. To me, that’s who he really is, underneath, it’s like he’s built up all of this scar tissue from the abuse that he’s received, from his peers, from the people in his life... he’s always been treated like an outsider. Like someone who is undeserving of love and of affection.

So, that is what feeds his violent impulses. Or that’s what creates his violent impulses. But then to be able to play him as kind and soft and quiet and beautiful, was just an amazing aspect to be able to play and just an amazing opportunity as an actor, for me.

And for him to come out of Arkham and then straightaway run into his dad –

I know! And to have his dad played by Paul Reubens was honestly one of my favourite things that’s ever happened to me in my entire life.

And you guys have such a great chemistry. What was it like to work with him? Did you have that spark right away?

Oh, immediately! Actually, a funny story: so, I worked with Carol Kane, as she played my mother [in Gotham]. And there was one day, before I even knew that I even had a father coming into the storyline at all. Carol and I had become very close, and we’re actually neighbours in New York City. And she emailed me one day, and she was like, ‘let’s have brunch, or something’, and I was like, ‘oh great’, and she was like, ‘my friend Paul is coming’, and I was like ‘okay, whatever’. Random friend Paul. Whoever that might be.

I show up, and it’s Paul Reubens. And this is such a Carol thing. Carol doesn’t see... she wouldn’t even really acknowledge... she wouldn’t even know that that would be, like, an incredible moment for me, having been raised on Pee-wee’s Playhouse. So that was jarring to say the least. We sat down, we had a lovely brunch, and then we went outside.

And we also spent the whole time talking about how he was the Penguin’s father in Batman Returns, and how lovely and amazing it would be if they could put him in our show. And, you know, again, this is all speculation. So we go outside, we take a cute little family photo, where we’re all doing, like, devilish Cobblepot faces. And on a whim, a couple of weeks later, I sent the photo to [Gotham executive producer] Danny Cannon, like, ‘script idea! Maybe some thoughts on casting?’ And he wrote back immediately, he was like, ‘OMFG, I’ve been trying to get Paul, to play your father, for the last three weeks.’

And so it was like this crazy synergy, it was meant to be. And from day one he was just an absolute delight to work with. One of the funniest people I’ve ever met, and also just so excited and thrilled to be a part of our show. And it’s just, the day that his character passed away, along with the day that Carol’s character passed away, were two of the hardest days I’ve ever had to shoot in my entire career. It was really heart breaking, in real life and in Gotham life.

And now Oswald’s got nobody.

No, I know. But you know, there’s that amazing, wonderful moment between Oswald and Edward [Nygma], right in the middle of the second season, after he loses his mother, before he learns that he has a father... Nygma nurses him back to life. Oswald is inconsolable, and is gonna leave Gotham City forever. Edward reminds him that he’s free now, because he has no one. Because he has no love in his life, he is not vulnerable, he’s now invincible. In a way. And so, going forward into season 3, that’s gonna propel him. That’s gonna help him be as ruthless as he can possibly be. That’s gonna help him, you know, maintain his grasp on power. Because no one can get to him now. No one can hurt him anymore.

And Fish Mooney has superpowers –

I know! That’ll be fun! I have no idea how that’s gonna play out, I just know that, like, her superpower now is, when she touches someone, they do her bidding. We ended the season with her touching my face, so now I’m just expecting to get the first script and it’s like, ‘Oswald is Fish Mooney’s slave, she has him doing her laundry’, or something like that, I don’t know! Yeah, we’ll see.

So this year you had the Gotham Stories webseries as well –

Yes!

What was that like? Obviously you’ve been playing this character for a while, but then to just do it as a voice... was that weird? Were you like limping around in the studio as you did it?

It’s funny, yeah, I’ve done limited voiceover work. But I realised, like, there are some... like, I’m a big fan of The Simpsons. And so I had the DVDs from the earlier seasons, and I would listen to the commentary. And it’s very interesting, they’re... some actors, when they go in the booth, it’s very contained, it’s just the voice. But then there are other actors like Dan Castellaneta, who plays Homer, he is like, if the character is doing something physical, he is like bouncing around the sound booth.

That’s sort of where I go. That’s sort of, much more where I am. So yeah, when we were doing the voiceovers, we did them all in my dressing room, at the stage. And thankfully I was in full costume, so it really did help, you know, get into the voice of Oswald.

Just to backtrack a bit. Back in the day, how did you end up auditioning for Oswald? Because I spoke to Sean Pertwee about it once and he was saying that he didn’t know what he was going in for, it was so secretive.

Same exact with me. It was pilot season, which, for actors, is like, if you’re lucky, you go out on twenty more auditions. And it’s basically just throwing stuff at the wall, and you see what sticks. You know what I mean? And so this was just one of them. I think it was ‘The Untitled Warner Bros Project’, and the character’s name was Paul.

And it was a scene... and of course we get no script... and the character description was very minimal. And it’s a scene between Paul and some mafia don, and yeah, we do that and it’s like, ‘oh, by the way, you’re auditioning for the Penguin, in Gotham, in the Batman origin story.’ And it’s like... ‘okay! What do I do with that?’ At that point, I had made all of my choices in the scene, and it went very well, so I trusted my instincts and thankfully they were correct. And Danny and Bruno [Heller] saw that.

Were you a big Batman fan before that?

I was. I didn’t read a lot of the comics. I had some, but not a lot. But really it was the movies and the Adam West series, that I grew up watching, that were hugely influential to me. Um, yeah, I watched the Adam West series every day after school, after Scooby-Doo. It was Scooby-Doo and then Batman. So I would watch that every day and also I saw... I went to opening night of the Tim Burton Batman film when I was young, and those were just, you know, incredible. Incredible experiences for me, really opened up my eyes to this whole universe.

And, I know you’ve been asked about this a lot, but it must have been amazing to get the Danny DeVito seal of approval.

Oh my gosh, I couldn’t... that... you know... Immediately, tears welling up when I heard him say that. Because this is an actor that I’ve been such a fan of my entire life, and then also Batman Returns... I watched it a thousand times when I was younger. And just to have that validation from him just meant everything to me. And also to hear it through – I know that he spoke about it in the press somewhere – but I first heard it through Carol Kane. Because she and Danny are very close, having worked together on Taxi, they’ve been best friends for like 39, 40 years, or something like that.

And she was the one that told me initially, and it just was... I felt like I was walking on air. It was incredible. Incredible moment.

It’s funny, because I’d guess that his Penguin wasn’t necessarily an inspiration for yours. Like, physically, he’s got flippers for hands –

Yes, right, that that incarnation of the Penguin is very much... it’s a beautifully realised, Tim Burton-esque treatment of the character. Which, you know, again, was just beautiful and fantastic. Obviously, we’re going in a different direction with our show, but yeah. I would say I was influenced by him but just in a sense of, like, the humour that he brought to the role. Any chance I get – our show is very dark – to bring some of that humour in, it’s almost like a homage to what Danny did. Obviously I could never do it as well as he does, but you know, that’s where the influence is.

Speaking of lighter moments, one of my favourite moments this season was Oswald and Butch just showing up with a bazooka –

Yes! That was one of my favourite, favourite days of shooting. It was just amazing. Also, one of the coldest days, but I will never forget that day. ‘Always bring the right tools for the job’ is the lesson we learned. Yeah.

And just one final thing. Back in January there was talk about, or potential ideas for, Gotham spin-offs going around. And my first thought then was ‘ooh, they should do a Robin Lord Taylor Penguin series.

Make it so!

Even if there had been, you couldn’t tell me, but has there been any actual talk about spin-offs?

There really hasn’t. But I’m so happy with the show. With our show. And just the richness the world that we’re creating. And also the fact that I get... my favourite parts of the show are when these iconic characters interact. When Penguin and Riddler have scenes together. When Penguin and Barbara Kean and Selina Kyle. When our lives intertwine it informs the audience and myself so much about these characters. Like, seeing how they interact with each other, it fleshes them out all the more. So, yeah. You know. But whatever, if there was a spin-off, I’d do it!

Robin Lord Taylor, thank you very much!

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/gotham/4 ... -interview

- Ben McKenzie, estrella de ‘Gotham,’ de la FOX, sobre el dirigir u primer on direct episodio y cómo es la paternidad (21cb.com):
Ben McKenzie, estrella de ‘Gotham,’ de la FOX, sobre el dirigir u primer on direct episodio y cómo es la paternidad
28 Abril 2017

Ben McKenzie, the star who plays lead character James Gordon on FOX’s “Gotham,” has been waiting a long time for the 16th episode of the show’s third season, which will air Monday, May 1, at 8 p.m. ET/PT: It will be the first time he’ll be credited as a director.

In a recent conversation with Ben, I asked him about how long he’s wanted to be a director, the scenes in the episode he was proud of and how directing is like fatherhood.

(Spoilers below if you haven’t watched the episode yet.)

When did you first have a hunch that you wanted to try your hand at directing?
Probably when I stopped leaving the set in between setting up shots and started hanging out, watching what they were doing, asking questions and becoming curious about all that other stuff that happens after actors rehearse a scene and leave. I really pushed to start directing on my last series, "Southland," and came close, which made me even more excited to do it in the future. So, it's been probably 5-10 years since I've been wanting to do it, and I've finally been given the opportunity.

Better late than never. What was the preparation process for your directorial debut?
The preparation process was smooth. I directed episode 16 of Season 3, so the writers needed to write me down in the episode prior to my debut – they needed to limit how much I was in episode 15. They wrote the episode so I was on location in 15, so we could shoot everything in one day. I only missed one day of prep to film as an actor in episode 15, and that allowed me to go through the full process, which, honestly, I've been through before because I've shadowed directors both on "Southland" and "Gotham."

Where does the process start?
It always starts with the script. Sometimes you get it nice and early, a week or so before, maybe even earlier than that; sometimes it comes in the day before and you're working off just an outline. But once you have a script, you can start making a lot of choices, you can scout a lot of different locations, you can sort of get into it. This one was relatively smooth. It just required production to accommodate me in the previous episode.

What was it like to finally jump behind the camera – on a show that you star in, nonetheless? Were you surprised by certain aspects of it?
As a director, you're given a lot of people coming up to you constantly asking for your opinion on everything from which location you should shoot at, how that location should be dressed, props, casting, dialogue. I was surprised at how much I didn't know that I knew, and I was able to answer more questions than I thought I was going to be able to.

Did you get any good advice before directing the episode?
One piece of good advice that I got from Danny Cannon, who's our executive producer and director, and the guy that I owe this opportunity to, was: Don't make a decision on something you don't need to make a decision on quite yet. Everyone's going to come to you and ask you to make a million decisions on the first day. You don't need to make them all immediately. Some you need to make early on because they're more important and determine the rest of the shooting. Many can wait. You can take your time, think about them, and come to a more reasoned and thought-through decision later on, and everyone benefits from that.

Was it awkward to adjust your relationship with the cast when you went behind the camera?
It surprisingly wasn't – maybe not surprisingly. We have a very good cast who is very professional, very accommodating. I think I was more nervous than they were because the first time you switch roles and you're on the other side, you're trying to guide a scene into a direction that you think fits the story. So, you have all these ideas in your head and, of course, when you show up and the actors come and bring all their ideas to it that are usually infinitely better than your own, you need to meld the two. You need to still accomplish what you set out to do and tell the story, but you need to listen to their input and use their input. It worked remarkably well.

What was challenging about directing?
I took great pains in pre-production to streamline the episode so the focus could be on the characters rather than on the shots. The look of the show is very polished. It's a beautiful show to look at, and we owe that to our entire crew, including our fantastic cinematographers. But occasionally we're so ambitious with filming huge action pieces and incredibly complicated blocking arrangements in expensive and difficult-to-light locations that we run out of time for the acting. I wanted to make sure that we had plenty of time for the actors to feel at home, feel comfortable and have many takes to explore. At the end of the day, I think it all turned out quite well.

Is there a scene in the episode that you are particularly proud of?
There's a scene where James Remar, who plays my uncle [Frank Gordon], reveals that he effectively killed my father, pulls the trigger on himself and commits suicide in front of me. It's a very challenging scene emotionally. That was a scene I felt had to be handled delicately, for obvious reasons, and shot a certain way – more still than anything else. I wanted the dialogue and performance to speak for themselves. I'm very proud of how it worked. I'm also proud of the work of David Mazouz [who plays Bruce Wayne] with Raymond J. Barry, who plays The Shaman character who's mentoring Bruce. I think both David and Ray did excellent work, and their storyline in the episode culminates with Ray giving a call to action to Bruce saying that the city needs a protector and needs to be defended, and you see the beginnings of that glint in Bruce's eye showing he will become the Batman. With a slow camera push-in and the beautiful score swelling behind it, it's quite a moving little piece and I'm proud of it. Robert Hull, who wrote the episode and whom I should give a lot of credit to, delivered on some great dialogue. As a fan of the Batman canon, it was a real treat for me to direct an iconic scene like that.

In preparation for our conversation today, I googled your name and saw a lot of headlines about you becoming a father, so I was wondering: Do you see any parallels between fatherhood and directing?
That's a great question and you're right to ask it. I do. I guess it's a line I'm cribbing from Spider-Man, but "With great power comes great responsibility." When you're entrusted with telling the story of, in this case, an episode of television, at the end of the day the buck must stop with you. You have to know what you're doing, come prepared, and adjust on the fly to the problems that will inevitably arise and fix them as best you can. That is quite a lot like being a parent. You are responsible for this little human being, or human beings in my case. At the end of the day, they can't feed themselves, clothe themselves or put a roof over their heads, and you've got to plan it out. The difference with being a director is that, in a sense, you're a father to grown children. These are smart, capable, successful people in their own right. You're just the one who has to ultimately make the call. I'm the final vote at the end of the day. You need to listen to everybody and treat them equally, but at the end of the day you have to make the call. Otherwise nothing happens. But like a new dad, I make lots of mistakes, and begging for mercy is never a bad thing, whether it's with an actor, a producer, a crew member or a 1-year-old baby.

Do you think we'll see you rack up more director credits in the future, either on "Gotham" or elsewhere?
Well, I haven't been fired yet…

https://blog.21cf.com/blog/2017/04/28/2 ... fatherhood

- Ben McKenzie revela cómo es el dirigir "Gotham" (comicbook):
Ben McKenzie revela cómo es el dirigir "Gotham"
Por Joseph Schmidt - 29/04/2017

Gotham star Ben McKenzie has acted in many popular television series throughout his career, but the actor is finally taking a turn behind the camera.

The man who portrays Jim Gordon on the Batman-themed Fox show is making his directorial debut with the upcoming episode, “Heroes Rise: These Delicate And Dark Obsessions.”

McKenzie spoke with the 21st Century Fox blog about the preparation for directing the DC Comics-based TV show, the difference between directing and acting, and how helming a production compares to fatherhood.

McKenzie, who appeared on the OC and Southland, said that the writing staff had to prepare the show’s production so that he could properly prepare for his directorial debut, which explains why his character wasn’t featured as prominently in last week’s episode.

“They wrote the episode so I was on location in 15, so we could shoot everything in one day,” McKenzie said. “I only missed one day of prep to film as an actor in episode 15, and that allowed me to go through the full process, which, honestly, I've been through before because I've shadowed directors both on Southland and Gotham.”

The first-time director also revealed a key piece of advice he received from the show’s executive producer Danny Cannon: “Don't make a decision on something you don't need to make a decision on quite yet.”

“Everyone's going to come to you and ask you to make a million decisions on the first day. You don't need to make them all immediately,” McKenzie said. “Some you need to make early on because they're more important and determine the rest of the shooting. Many can wait. You can take your time, think about them, and come to a more reasoned and thought-through decision later on, and everyone benefits from that.”

McKenzie spoke about his relationship with the cast, saying it was an effortless adjustment to go behind the camera.

“We have a very good cast who is very professional, very accommodating. I think I was more nervous than they were because the first time you switch roles and you're on the other side, you're trying to guide a scene into a direction that you think fits the story,” he said. “So, you have all these ideas in your head and, of course, when you show up and the actors come and bring all their ideas to it that are usually infinitely better than your own, you need to meld the two. You need to still accomplish what you set out to do and tell the story, but you need to listen to their input and use their input. It worked remarkably well.”

Delving into spoiler territory for the episode that has yet to air, McKenzie spoke about some of his favorite scenes from the episode as well as the opportunity to contribute to the Batman mythos.

"There's a scene where James Remar, who plays my uncle [Frank Gordon], reveals that he effectively killed my father, pulls the trigger on himself and commits suicide in front of me. It's a very challenging scene emotionally. That was a scene I felt had to be handled delicately, for obvious reasons, and shot a certain way – more still than anything else. I wanted the dialogue and performance to speak for themselves. I'm very proud of how it worked. I'm also proud of the work of David Mazouz [who plays Bruce Wayne] with Raymond J. Barry, who plays The Shaman character who's mentoring Bruce. I think both David and Ray did excellent work, and their storyline in the episode culminates with Ray giving a call to action to Bruce saying that the city needs a protector and needs to be defended, and you see the beginnings of that glint in Bruce's eye showing he will become the Batman. With a slow camera push-in and the beautiful score swelling behind it, it's quite a moving little piece and I'm proud of it. Robert Hull, who wrote the episode and whom I should give a lot of credit to, delivered on some great dialogue. As a fan of the Batman canon, it was a real treat for me to direct an iconic scene like that".

McKenzie compared the experience to being a new father, as he just had a baby with co-star Morena Baccarin, and said he makes “lots of mistakes, and begging for mercy is never a bad thing, whether it's with an actor, a producer, a crew member or a 1-year-old baby.”

“You have to know what you're doing, come prepared, and adjust on the fly to the problems that will inevitably arise and fix them as best you can. That is quite a lot like being a parent,” McKenzie said. “You are responsible for this little human being, or human beings in my case. At the end of the day, they can't feed themselves, clothe themselves or put a roof over their heads, and you've got to plan it out. The difference with being a director is that, in a sense, you're a father to grown children. These are smart, capable, successful people in their own right. You're just the one who has to ultimately make the call.”

You can check McKenzie’s first go as a director on the upcoming episode of Gotham, “Heroes Rise: These Delicate And Dark Obsessions,” airing Monday, May 1 at 8p EST

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/04/29/goth ... ing-debut/

- Butch & Tabitha adelantan si estarán/no estarán y el papel de Barbara (CBR):
Butch & Tabitha adelantan si estarán/no estarán y el papel de Barbara
Por Scott Huver - 01 Mayo 2017

Not since the Joker and Harley Quinn has Gotham City seen a not-quite couple so villainous and yet so ‘ship-worthy as Butch Gilzean and Tabitha Galavan. But can these two crazy, murderous kids ever find true love together?

With “Gotham’s” final Season 3 arc underway, questions linger as to whether two of the pre-Batman-set series’ original creations — the loyal-to-a-fault mob henchman, and the whip-cracking Catwoman prototype — share a bond deep enough to qualify as love. Actors Drew Powell and Jessica Lucas recently joined the press for a peek at the Butch/Tabby almost-romance, and whether it actually might have a future,

On what’s ahead for them and where their loyalties lie:

Drew Powell: Whoever he’s with is probably going to win. That’s been the case of late, until they don’t. I think the back half of this season is all about Butch and Tabitha. For Butch, it’s about Tabitha. He’s head over heels in love with this girl, for better or for worse, and he’s trying to convince her that Barbara’s no good for her, Barbara doesn’t care about her, and that Barbara doesn’t deserve her loyalty. So it’ll be this evolution of him trying to explain that to her. Hopefully for her sake, she figures it out before it’s too late.

Jessica Lucas: She’s still furious at Nygma for cutting off her hand. As the alliance between Nygma and Barbara grows, I think it makes her more and more furious as time goes on. You’re going to see her really pushed, and really, really upset, and that’s going to keep growing and growing, and the tension between her and Barbara is going to keep growing and growing, and eventually will have to play out in some way, come to a head in some way.

On whether the fractures in their Barbara Kean relationship will prompt either Butch or Tabitha to make their own play for the top spot:

Lucas: I don’t think so. Not right now. She wasn’t raised that way. Coming from the Galavan family, she’s used to loyalty. She’s the protector, right? She’s a bodyguard of sorts. So I don’t think she has as much desire for power as a lot of the other villains do – which is interesting, because most of them are vying for the throne, but she doesn’t really care about that. She’s too reverent to care about that.

She’s smart enough to know that alliances are important. You don’t want to piss off the wrong people. She’s a bit more of a snake in the grass that way… I think we could both teach Barbara some things. Barbara’s a little bit too self-involved at the moment to be too concerned about helping anyone else. I think by the end of the season, Tabitha will be in a really vulnerable place. So she’s needing to start again. That’s sort of where that alliance comes from, or how it starts to form.

Powell: Here’s the thing: Butch had a moment at top in Season 2, and he didn’t like it. The whole point of Butch is, he’s a survivor. He grew up in Gotham, he knows the nooks and crannies, he knows all the buttons to push, he knows the dark corners, and he knows enough to know that if you’re on top, there’s a much greater chance that you’re going to get knocked down.

I think that’s one of the cool things about he and Tabitha and their bond, is that she’s kind of the same way. She always works better as an off-sider, as a second in command, because she can kind of work in the shadows and creep. So that connection between the two of them I thought was really neat, and great job on the writers’ part. So what I hope to see moving forward is to find out that backstory. Who is Butch really? Who is this guy? Where does he come from? What’s his story? He’s got this random nephew, Sonny. What’s he really about? I’m hopeful that’ll be the case going forward.

On the actual depth of Tabitha’s feelings for Butch:

Lucas: I don’t know that she knows what real love or intimacy really is… But loyalty is so important to her, so for Barbara to turn on her any way, or to be disloyal — that’s where her affection lies, so if that doesn’t exist, there is none. For Butch, I think that she has a lot of affection. He’s like a puppy dog. It’s an unrequited kind of love. I think she’s cares about him more than she lets on.

As Fish Mooney returns yet again, will she pose a challenge for Butch’s ties to Tabitha:

Powell: When she came back the first time – other than when he ran away when the ghost Fish showed up – there’s really no interaction between the two of them. [Now], there’s a scene that we shot that we’re all in. I feel like there’s this closure that’s needed. So we try to address that a little bit when she comes back this time. I think the fans will appreciate it. I would have liked to really get into that. But yeah, there’s this particular scene that I think people will dig.

On the joys of building characters without comic book backstories and fan expectations:

Powell: I took Bruno Heller at his word when he said early on, he’s like, “Look, this Butch character’s going to take time, and he’s going to grow, and people are going to underestimate him until it’s too late. There’s going to be a life here, you’re just going to have to trust me.”

It’s been fun because I’ve kind of known, particularly at the beginning, I knew what was coming, but fans didn’t. So they’re like, ‘This henchman…” Then to see them slowly — I see these Tweets, they’re like, “I don’t know if it’s weird, but I’m really starting to like Butch.” “I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Butch it one of my favorite characters.” It’s like each one of those was like a fist bump for me, like, “Yes!”

I think Butch would be a great fit for the comics. I think he would be a great addition to any parts of the canon, because he’s written from that. There is this element of him. How is there not a Butch doll? He’s got the hand, he’s got the scar, he’s got the suits, he’s got the gun. How is there not a freaking Funko with a bazooka? I don’t get it. I do not get it! They’re missing the boat. Hopefully it’ll come.

Lucas: I very much modeled her after Catwoman, honestly, because I was told that she was the precursor to Catwoman and that there was going to be a mentorship there. So I wanted to take elements of that character, especially physically, so that when you looked at her, you thought, “Huh, kind of reminds me of Catwoman.”

But then everything else, as far as developing Tabitha Galavan, I just took things as they came. I’m really, really open to whatever the writers want to write and bring to it. I don’t feel as much of a responsibility as I think some of the other actors do to get these things right, these elements right from the comics. I don’t really have that feeling.

http://www.cbr.com/gotham-drew-powell-j ... a-romance/?

- Ben McKenzie va de Detective a Director en "Gotham" (nytimes):
Ben McKenzie va de Detective a Director en "Gotham"
Por MIKE HALE 28 Abril, 2017

On a cold night in January, in a dark alley off Great Jones Street in Manhattan, Bruce Wayne was getting ready to fly.

This was the young, pre-Batman Bruce Wayne of the Fox series “Gotham,” played by David Mazouz, then 15. As a stunt double was strapped into an elaborate rig and repeatedly flung backward 30 feet — the result of a punch from a powerful shaman holding Bruce captive — Mr. Mazouz waited his turn a bit uncertainly.

Standing next to him, Ben McKenzie, the show’s star, offered encouragement with a story from his days playing high school football. The shoot, for the 16th episode of the third season — “Heroes Rise: These Delicate and Dark Obsessions,” on Monday, May 1 — was unusual in a couple of ways. It was the first episode directed by Mr. McKenzie, who plays James Gordon, a Gotham City detective — not yet the police commissioner of the comic books.

And, surprisingly for a superhero series, it was the first of the show’s 60 episodes so far to make extensive use of wire work for action scenes. Referring to the show’s creator, Bruno Heller, and to the executive producer, Danny Cannon, Mr. McKenzie said: “One of the things that I said to Bruno and Danny when we first started the show was: ‘No wire work.’ None of this baloney like people flying through the air. It’s Batman, it’s supposed to feel a little more grounded, it’s supposed to feel more like the Christopher Nolan films. So, of course, I’m the one director that brings in the wires.”

“Gotham” was a different sort of comic-book show from the start. Conceived as 100 percent origin story — how Bruce Wayne became Batman — it was a superhero series without a superhero. The protagonist was Gordon, a cop whose only superpower was his sense of justice. The format was closer to police procedural than the angst-and-battles of most comic-book shows.

In the absence of a larger-than-life hero, the show compensated by featuring its villains, including future Batman foes like the Penguin, the Riddler and a prototype of the Joker. Robin Lord Taylor, as Oswald Cobblepot, a thug who rises to become the Penguin, was the show’s breakout performer. Complementing the emphasis on villainy and the story’s film-noir roots have been a dark tone and a high level of violence, particularly for a broadcast-network show.

Despite those differences — or perhaps because of them — “Gotham” has been a bit lost in the shuffle amid the proliferation of superhero series the last five years. On one side, it’s overshadowed by Netflix series like “Jessica Jones” and “Daredevil,” which also go for a dark tone but stick closer to the singular-hero comic-book imperative (and which have benefited from the cachet of both Netflix and Marvel Comics). On the other, it gets less attention (though more viewers) than the more lightweight, purely comics-style shows on CW like “The Flash” and “Supergirl” (based, like “Gotham,” on DC Comics characters).

Ranking the superhero shows is difficult because they are so different. “Jessica Jones” stands out for the quality of its writing and performances, while “The Flash,” at times, is the most purely exhilarating. But if you like the dark version of Batman popularized in the comics by Frank Miller and onscreen by Mr. Nolan, then “Gotham,” with its grimness and its distinctive (and expensive) retro visual style, measures up.

“At first you’re trying to figure out what the show isn’t,” Mr. McKenzie said. “We wanted to be, very specifically, not a show with true ‘superheroes’ dressed in white tights, running faster than the speed of light. There’s so many of them out there. Now that we know what the show is, we break our own rules a bit.”

Mr. McKenzie — who had wanted to direct since his tenure on TNT’s “Southland,” which was canceled before he had the chance — said his episode was more quiet than most. “The only constructive criticism I got was that it was ‘still,’” he said. “Which is one of the things I like.” But that stillness incorporated not just a decapitation but several shootings, an attack with a garden tool and a suicide.

“You know, it had some violence,” he acknowledged. As director, he handled one bloody scene by focusing primarily on the face of the aggressor, the Penguin.

“I like it when our show is able to go to wherever we need to go to, violence-wise, but with a certain, let’s call it class,” he said. “There’s always knifing and dicing in the show, but even that’s relatively elegant. So that’s how I tried to handle that.”

Mr. McKenzie’s episode was the second half of a pair that began with “How the Riddler Got His Name,” in which the character Edward Nygma (Cory Michael Smith) assumed his comic-book persona. An important part of the Riddler story was the death of a woman he loved — the latest in a long line of female deaths on the show.

“Right, right,” Mr. McKenzie said as he listened to a list of female victims. “Nygma’s lover died because that was our way of marking his change from a studious and reserved lab technician to a full-fledged version of the Riddler. People can criticize the show any way they like. My concern is always, are they dying for a reason? Whichever gender.”

You might not find that answer satisfactory, but there’s a basic truth to it: The show is what it is, a violent, male-centric comic-book adaptation (with, to be fair, several female characters who are stronger and more menacing than most such shows can boast).

Viewership for “Gotham” has slipped from season to season, currently running about five million in the seven-day ratings. Fox hasn’t announced whether there will be a fourth season. Whenever the show ends, Mr. McKenzie was asked, can we expect the superhero to finally appear?

“Yeah, sure,” he said. “Mustache, klieg light, Batman.”

He added: “It doesn’t matter what the other shows do. ‘Gotham’ is taking the biggest piece of red meat in the comics world, Batman, and trying to take this one specific sliver of it and cook it really, really well and serve it to you. I always hope we’re Steve McQueen in the classic car with the bomber jacket. An archetypal show.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/28/arts ... ector.html?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- GOTHAM | Rise And Fall: Oswald Cobblepot (AKA Penguin) | Season 3:

- GOTHAM | Ben McKenzie's Directorial Debut | Season 3:
https://www.facebook.com/GOTHAMonFOX/vi ... 921599458/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- GOTHAM | 3.17 "The Primal Riddle" Promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_biUVJqt_E

- GOTHAM | 3.17 "A City Gone Mad: Sirens" Promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OULmjvwxVU

- GOTHAM | 3.17 "A City Gone Mad: Mommy’s Home" Promo:

- GOTHAM | Penguin Tries To Bargain With Victor Fries | Season 3 Ep. 17 Clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy2L8rxdFLE

- GOTHAM | Lee Delivers News To Gordon Regarding His Uncle | Season 3 Ep. 17 Clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=616PZIbx1fA

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.18 "Light the Wick":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 3.19 "All Will Be Judged":
3.19 "All Will Be Judged" (22/05/17 8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT): IT'S JUDGEMENT DAY - Temple Shamanrevela su mano a Bruce Wayne y establece la siguiente fase del entrenamiento. Gordon y Bullock son puestos en peligro cuando se cruzan con un búho de cristal que revela los secretos más codiciados del inframundo de Gotham. Mientras tanto, Nygma y Penguin se ven obligados a trabajar juntos para salir de una situación delicada. Estrellas invitadas: James Carpinello como 'Mario Calvi', Leslie Hendrix como 'Kathryn', Raymond J. Barry como 'Temple Shaman'.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/05/gotham ... udged.html?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- GOTHAM | 3.18 "Light the Wick" Promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLfDNGndoNo

- GOTHAM | Penguin Pays Gordon A Visit | Season 3 Ep. 18 Clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5oCZ6PjtRA

- GOTHAM | Hugo Strange Has Come For Captain Barnes | Season 3 Ep. 18 Clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81ngavaXfo0

- GOTHAM | Gordon Recovers DNA From A Mask | Season 3 Ep. 18 Clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN5Bt6yh8Dw

- GOTHAM | Lee Delivers The Autopsy Report On Frank Gordon | Season 3 Ep. 18 Clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6CcF2a0Hg0

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 3.20 "Pretty Hate Machine":
3.20 "Pretty Hate Machine" (29/05/17 8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT): TICK TOCK, EL VIRUS ESTÁ A PUNTO - Jada Pinkett Smith regresa como Fish Mooney. Gordon corre contra reloj para salvar a la ciudad del virus de Alice Tetch, cuando Lee Thompkins (Morena Baccarin) lo intercepta con un plan propio. También, Alfred ve un gran cambio en Bruce Wayne después de su trabajo con The Shaman (la estrella invitada Raymond J. Barry). Mientras tanto, algunos de los villanos más trastornados de Gotham se unen. Estrellas invitadas: Jada Pinkett Smith como 'Fish Mooney', Raymond J. Barry como 'Temple Shaman', BD Wong como 'Hugo Strange'.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/05/gotham ... chine.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- La FOX renueva oficialmente "Gotham" para su Season 4:
La Fox trae de nuevo a una de sus series para la temporada 2017-18.

"Gotham" ha sido renovada por la cadena para lo que será su cuarta temporada.

La renovación para la serie producida por DC Entertainment significa que la Fox tendrá dramas de las dos empresas más importantes de cómics en su parrilla de este otoño. Producida por la Warner Bros. Television, la serie protagonizada por Ben McKenzie ha probado ser un gran inicio para los Lunes, consiguiendo un promedio de 5.3 millones de espectadores totales y un 1.9 en las demos.

Gotham, que se centra en los primeros años del pre-Batman Bruce Wayne, se une a sus compañeras que también regresan de la WBTV "Lucifer" y "Lethal Weapon" en la cadena.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ox-1002553?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.19 "All will be judged":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”