Noticias de Tom:

Foro dedicado a Tom Welling que interpreta a Clark

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, porre, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: Noticias de Tom:

Mensaje por Shelby »

- 13 of Tom Welling & Girlfriend Jessica Rose Lee's Cutest Photos Together! (JustJared):

http://www.justjared.com/2016/11/19/13- ... -together/

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ¡Tom Welling se une al elenco de la S3 de "Lucifer"!:
Parece que ahora Supermán está bailando con el diablo.

Tom Welling — más conocido por interpretar al personaje de Clark Kent durante 10 temporadas en la serie de la CW “Smallville” — ha firmado para unirse al elenco de la serie de la Fox “Lucifer” en su tercera temporada, según han revelado durante el panel de la serie en el SDCC del pasado fin de semana en el que el actor hizo una aparición sorpresa.

Welling interpretará a 'Marcus Pierce', un laureado teniente de policía que es todo lo que Lucifer (Tom Ellis) no es — estratégico, reservado y muy respetado. Sin embargo, ambos tienen mucho en común, como el ser encantadores, guapos. e increíblemente carismáticos. Así es que cuando Pierce comienza a desarrollar una conexión con Decker (Lauren German), el diablo sale en Lucifer.

El papel no sólo trae de nuevo a Welling a la pequeña pantalla por primera vez en seis años, sino que también lo trae de vuelta a la Warner Bros. TV, quienes producían Smallville y también producen Lucifer.

Además de protagonizar, producir ejecutivamente e incluso dirigir Smallville, Welling fue productor ejecutivo del drama de cheerleaders de la CW "Hellcats". Entre sus otros créditos se incluyen "The Choice", "Draft Day", "Parkland", "Judging Amy", "Undeclared", "The Fog" y las películas de "Cheaper by the Dozen". Está representado por WME y Ziffren Brittenham.

Cuando “Lucifer” regrese en su tercera temporada, Lucifer ha resuelto el problema de su Madre aka Charlotte (Tricia Helfer) — pero debe enfrentarse al problema de descubrir quién le secuestró y por qué tiene de nuevo sus alas de ángel.

En su segunda temporada, “Lucifer” consiguió un ráting de 1.1 en las demos de 18-49 y un total de 3.83 millones de espectadores en los números del Nielsen’s Live+Same Day. En todas las plataformas, Fox ha informado que la serie consigue un total de 8 millones de espectadores por episodio. La serie fue renovada para su tercera temporada en Febrero.

“Lucifer” está producida por la Warner Bros. Television, en asociación con Jerry Bruckheimer Television. La serie está basada en los personajes crados por Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth y Mike Dringenberg para Vertigo de DC Entertainment. Los productores ejecutivos son Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman, Joe Henderson, Ildy Modrovich, Sheri Elwood y KristieAnne Reed.

“Lucifer” regresa para su tercera temporada en la Fox el 02 de Octubre en su nuevo horario de 8pm-9pm.

Podéis encontrar todas las fotos y videos del actor durante el SDCC: AQUÍ y AQUÍ.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tom-wel ... 202503702/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... 17-1023627
http://tvline.com/2017/07/22/tom-wellin ... on-3-cast/
http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/22/lucifer-tom ... -season-3/
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/87271 ... r-season-3
http://deadline.com/2017/07/lucifer-tom ... 202133908/
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07/23 ... h4.twitter

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Tom Welling rompe el silencio sobre el tema del traje en el final de Smallville (EW):
Tom Welling rompe el silencio sobre el tema del traje en el final de Smallville
Por Natalie Abrams - 08 Agosto, 2017 a las 5:54pm EDT

“No tights, no flights.”

It was the long-time mantra for Superman origin story Smallville, which starred Tom Welling as the future Man of Steel struggling to understand his abilities while inching closer to his destiny. Hence, fans waited desperately for the moment Welling would actually suit up, assuming it would happen in the series finale. And it sort of happened. In the closing moments of the final episode, viewers saw Welling’s Clark Kent rip open his button down shirt to see the House of El insignia underneath in an iconic recreation of the comics, but once Superman took flight, it was only shown from a distance via CGI — and for good reason.

“It was something that we discussed before we ever shot the pilot with [creators] Al [Gough] and Miles [Millar],” Welling tells EW. “We literally had a sit down where we talked about the show and I asked about the suit and the tights and the flying, and they said, ‘No, absolutely not,’ part of the reason being is that show is about a teenager trying to figure out who he is. They felt that once Clark put on the cape and the suit, life became too easy, in a sense. They wanted to focus on who this character was before that. And, at the time, because of where visual effects and special effects and stunts were, it would be too expensive. That’s mainly why they save that for movies, more or less.”
The CW

But when pushed directly on whether it was Welling’s decision not to suit up in the series finale specifically, the actor was more cagey. “It was literally something that the entire series was behind in not doing that,” Welling says. “We did things on that show where we didn’t call them powers, we called them abilities — you weren’t allowed to say powers; you just weren’t because Clark didn’t know they were powers, he just knew he had those abilities, so little things like kept us grounded and kept us faced onto the story we were telling about this character, not what he could do with these abilities.”

That said, Welling reveals there was an idea for Clark to suit up much earlier in the series finale, where fans would’ve seen the actor as Superman in all his glory — but he was instrumental in it not happening. “Our series finale was supposed to be, in the first act, Clark puts on the suit and flies around, saves Lois on a plane, and does this other stuff,” Welling says. “It was a call that I had with Peter Roth, who is the head of Warner Bros. Television, who’s a good friend of mine and we have a great relationship. I said, ‘That’s not our show, Peter.’ He’s like, ‘No, it’s going to be great,” and I go, ‘Yeah, but just think about what we’ve been doing. If we just jump into that, we haven’t earned it.'”

“We jumped onto this idea that at the end of the show, the idea is that Clark becomes Superman and he’s out there, and we know he’s out there, but we can’t go with him, but that we know and we feel good that he’s out there doing good,” Welling says. “That was what we strove for, and I think we hit it. I liked the ending of the series, because it’s like, ‘Yes, he did it!’ I hope the audience didn’t feel like we didn’t show them something that they needed to see. I felt like we gave them the jumping off point for their imagination as to what could happen.”

Welling will return to the Warner Bros. fold this fall — no, not on one of Greg Berlanti’s superhero shows, but on Fox’s Lucifer, where the actor will play a new foil for Tom Ellis’ titular character. However, Welling also reveals there was previous talk of joining the Berlanti-verse, specifically on Supergirl, where Tyler Hoechlin made his debut as the Man of Steel last season. “I know Greg quite well and there had been some discussion, but they’re different worlds,” Welling says. “There was an idea that maybe Supergirl, appearing on that, but it’s such a different show. I’m older now, I don’t look the same. Appearing on that show as Clark Kent or even Superman, for me, I would not want to watch me do that at all. They just have such a different tone. To me, because this is still even a DC Universe, which wasn’t a consideration in the beginning, but Lucifer is still DC, so in some ways it’s one foot in, one foot out, but it wasn’t a motivator for me to join the show. It just so happens that it was connected in that way.”

Lucifer will return Monday, Oct. 2 at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/08/smallville- ... rman-suit/

- Tom Welling no planea hacer un cameo en "Supergirl" pronto (TVGuide):
Tom Welling no planea hacer un cameo en "Supergirl" pronto
Por Lindsay Macdonald | 08 Agosto, 2017 7:46 PM EDT

Tom Welling cornered the market on the Man of Steel for 10 years on The WB and The CW before moving on from Smallville to bigger and better things, but part of us will always think of him as Clark Kent.

The CW has recently put its eggs in another Kryptonian basket with Supergirl, and we've seen many actors from former Superman fame come to visit like Dean Cain, Terri Hatcher from Lois & Clark, and even Smallville alum Laura Vandervoort. When TV Guide sat down with Tom Welling at the Television Critics Association summer press tour, we just had to ask if we'd be seeing him hanging with Melissa Benoist on Supergirl.

"No, and I mean that respectfully," Welling says. "It's a different tone. That show is great; it does really well, but I don't think the character I played exists in that world."

For now, it sounds like we shouldn't get our hopes up for a cameo in the near future, even as a non-Kent character.

You will, however, be able to catch Tom Welling in another DC franchise on Fox, when he makes his entrance to Lucifer as Marcus Pierce, an accomplished police lieutenant who's bound to rub Lucifer (Tom Ellis) the wrong way.

Supergirl returns to The CW on Monday, October 9 at 8/7c.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/tom-welling ... supergirl/?

- Por qué Tom Welling eligió "Lucifer" para su regreso a la TV — Plus, su versión del enfrentamiento de este otoño entre 'Clark/Lois' (TVline):
Por quéTom Welling eligió "Lucifer" para su regreso a la TV — Plus, su versión del enfrentamiento de este otoño entre 'Clark/Lois'
Por Matt Webb Mitovich / 14 Sept 2017, 10:54 AM PDT

It has been six years, four months (and one day) since your TV screen bid adieu to Tom Welling, as Smallville‘s Clark Kent supersuited up to fly up, up and awayyy.

The actor touches back down, though, on Monday, Oct. 2 at 8/7c, when Lucifer unfurls its third season. As trumpeted at the San Diego Comic-Con, Welling has joined Fox’s supernatural-tinged, comic book-based drama in the series regular role of Marcus Pierce, an accomplished police lieutenant who ruffles feathers at the precinct and with the show’s titular devil.

“The thing I like about [Marcus] is that he comes on a little strong, he’s authoritative and he sort of mixes things up and puts people in their place — especially Chloe (played by Lauren German),” Welling tells TVLine. Lucifer (Tom Ellis), meanwhile, is already a bit rattled after being knocked out and then deposited in the desert with his wings mysteriously restored, “and my character is going to rock his life,” Welling previews with a laugh. “He f–ks it up!”

Since Smallville wrapped in May 2011, Welling was heavily courted to return to TV, but instead he focused on roles in indie films such as Draft Day and The Choice. (A little over a year ago, he was also attached to front a CBS drama pilot about the CIA, though that never came to pass.) So how did Lucifer ultimately win the “super” sweepstakes?

Co-showrunner Joe Henderson says it was “a combination of the right time and the right role,” adding: “Tom is someone that I think a lot of people tried to get back on TV every year, and we didn’t expect to be able to get him, but he was interested. He liked the show, and honestly, we pitched him from a position of passion.”

To hear Welling himself tell it, he was a bit more than “interested” in boarding the Fox series. “I’d sort of been talking to a couple of different networks, but I’d been in front of Fox more. I’ve been talking to them about two other series that didn’t happen, and I like Fox as a network,” he shares. “They called on a Monday, like, ‘We want you for 10 episodes'” — a run that the actor immediately questioned. “‘Yeah, you have to do 10, no less than 10,'” Fox maintained, to which Welling said, unexpectedly upping the ante, “How about 15?”

“I knew the show, and I knew people who’d worked on the show who told me I would love these people,” Welling explains of his counter-offer. Indeed as it turned out, “I love it,” he reports. “I mean, I’m on set laughing. It’s really a joy, as cliche as that can be. I’m happy and proud when I tell people on this show, like, ‘Go watch it!'”

Surely whetting Welling’s appetite was the fact that Lucifer offered him something outside his well-known wheelhouse — this despite Henderson’s personal fandom. “I watched every season of Smallville, but we pitched a role that’s very different from something he’s played,” says the EP. “I think that really excited him.” As co-showrunner Ildy Modrovich puts it, Marcus Pierce “is really not the all-American Clark Kent/Superman that he was in Smallville. Whereas Clark Kent was more of an innocent role, this character’s very much more jaded. He’s more been there, done that, seen it, and he’s kind of moved on to the next conversation while he’s talking to you.”

That no-nonsense swagger will obviously clash with the personal style of Detective Chloe Decker’s devil-may-care consultant. “Pierce is kind of a hardass who doesn’t want to deal with anyone’s s–t,” says Henderson. “While Lucifer is all fun and games, he just wants to get things done.” (Might Pierce’s dedication to the job light a professional fire under Chloe, who early in the season will come to fear that Lucifer is grabbing all her glory? “I like that,” says Modrovich. “Or, it could also just be a good old-fashioned love triangle!”)

What’s more, as Welling’s stint plays out it will come to light that Pierce has a personal agenda that will put him at odds with Lucifer in other ways. But don’t jump to any supernatural conclusions just yet. “For all the speculation about Pierce that I’m sure is going to come out, I’ll say on the record: He’s human,” Henderson reveals. “Now, that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have his secrets….”

The Police Lieutenant vs. the Prince of Darkness isn’t the only exciting clash born of Welling’s TV comeback. As TVLine pointed out to the actor, his Lucifer run will air opposite that of Smallville leading lady Erica Durance, who on The CW’s Supergirl is taking over the role of Alura.

“Oh, is that right? I didn’t know that…,” Welling remarked. With a very playful wink, he then added: “Well, she’s in trouble!”

http://tvline.com/2017/09/14/tom-wellin ... w-preview/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Tom Welling dice estar abierto a la idea de aparecer en "The Flash":
Tras años de desinterés en aparecer en cualquiera de las series de la DCCW de superhéroes, el veretrano de "Smallville" Tom Welling parece ester dispuesto a meter de nuevo el pie en el universo de los superhéroes - si los productores de "The Flash" están dispuestos a hacerlo a su manera.

Durante la fiesta de la Fox’s Fall TV lineup, incluída "Lucifer", en la que el actor es personaje recurrente esta temporada, Nuke The Fridge dice que estuvo hablando con Welling durante una hora y que, aparentemente, pasó la pelota a la CW.
“Estoy dispuesto a ir a The Flash y tengo unas cuantas ideas de cómo puede pasar si la cadena me lo pide. De hecho, creo que puedo hacerlo posible”, ha declarado el actor.

Welling podría ciertamente hacer que se diera un cameo, ya que tanto "The Flash" como "Supergirl" tienden a abrazar a los antiguos actores de las películas y series de DC, y sin duda es la mayor estrella de ese tipo que aún no ha aparecido en las nuevas series aún.

Además, hay que tener en cuenta que esto podría producirse en una serie como "The Flash" que juega con el multiuniverso de distintas Tierras alternativas.

En cualquier caso, tendremos que esperar para ver si finalmente esta idea se cristaliza.

"The Flash" regresa el Martes, 10 de Oct a las 8 p.m. ET/PT en la CW. "Lucifer" regresará el Lunes, 02 de Octubre en la FOX.

http://nukethefridge.com/exclusive-tom- ... mallville/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- De 'Smallville' a 'Lucifer': La Evolución de Tom Welling (THR):
De 'Smallville' a 'Lucifer': La Evolución de Tom Welling
Por Sydney Bucksbaum - 29 Sept, 2017 8:00am PT

After spending a decade playing the boy who would become Superman, the actor is finally stepping back into the spotlight for his first TV role in six years.

Tom Welling still remembers the exact moment he realized that he was truly done with Smallville.

After 10 years and 217 episodes following a young Clark Kent as he evolved and finally embraced his destiny to become Superman, Welling got into his car and started driving from the Vancouver set all the way to his home in Los Angeles. The drive started off as any other — it was his tradition every season to make the days-long trek along the coast at the beginning and end of each season of The CW's superhero drama. But as he crossed the border back into the U.S. for the final time after wrapping the series finale, a strange and exciting feeling washed over him.

"I just remember finally crossing the border and being like, 'I'm free!'" he tells The Hollywood Reporter with a big laugh. "I definitely remember that final moment crossing the border, thinking to myself, 'This is a new chapter.'"

That new, post-Smallville chapter ended up spanning six years as Welling took a break from working in TV. This fall marks the end of that chapter and the beginning of yet another as he returns to the small screen for his first TV role since Smallville ended in 2011 with Fox's devilish drama Lucifer.

"It wasn't so much returning to TV, what is was is being a part of this show itself," Welling says of what drew him back. His former Smallville colleague Greg Beeman, who now directs on the third-year drama, reached out to Welling and convinced him to accept the new role with simple advice: "'Don't over think it. Just do the show.' And he was so right."

Welling's former boss, Smallville co-creator Al Gough, isn't surprised that Lucifer is what brought his former star back to TV, noting that both he and Welling watch the series.

"You do a show for 10 seasons, and it's an action-adventure series, that's a lot of work. It takes a lot out of you. He gave it his all so he wanted to recharge," Gough says. "By going into a show like Lucifer which is an established hit on a big network, it's a great way to get your feet wet again but it's not all on your shoulders. It allows him to do something different and really distinguish himself from Clark." And to hear Welling tell it, the fact that Lucifer, like Smallville, is produced by Warner Bros. TV, "it's just icing on the cake."

Adds Gough, "It was the combination of the right show, the right time, the right network."

While Welling never intended to take an official break from TV, a full decade of filming in another country meant that when Smallville ended, he needed to reconnect with his life. To that end, the Los Angeles-based set of Lucifer also gives him a chance to Welling to have his cake and eat it too.

"Ten years being away from family and friends, it does take a toll on you," Welling says. "I had to go off and do some things that I couldn't do when I was on the show and that took a little while. I slowly started to get back into the idea and started getting passionate about getting back to work. I'm just lucky for this opportunity to come through because now I'm living in L.A., we shoot in L.A., and it's just a completely different experience for me where I don't feel so isolated. I feel like I'm a part of my own life and a part of the show."

Getting to sleep in his own bed after a long day on set is something that Welling has never experienced before, and he couldn't be happier about it. "I'm trying to just soak this up as much as I can because at this point, it's really only for this season," he says. "I'm trying to enjoy it because it may not ever be this good again."

Lucifer showrunner Joe Henderson, meanwhile, still can't believe the DC Comics-inspired series managed to bring Welling back to the small screen.

"Tom has been on the list for a lot of years as one of the names you want to get [for casting TV roles]," Henderson says. "When we were casting this part we were like, 'Sure, let's try for Tom Welling. We're not going to get Tom Welling but let's try!' To our delight, he was in."

Henderson notes that his initial call with Welling and executive producer Ildy Modrovich to discuss the Lucifer role was unlike any other. "I talked a lot about how I had seen every episode of Smallville and knew how good of an actor he was, and I really wanted to get him outside of his box," Henderson says. "As writers just getting started, you write spec scripts for shows to prove you can write, and the first spec I ever wrote was for Smallville. That was a script I got a lot of meetings off of, so when we first talked to Tom on the phone, I started by thanking him for keeping the show on the air for 10 years because it kept my script alive for that long."

Both Henderson and Modrovich credit Welling's Lucifer character, Marcus Pierce, as being the main reason the actor agreed to join the series. "What really grabbed him is that this wasn't going to be Superman, this wasn't going to be a wholesome Clark Kent character," Modrovich says. "This is going to go darker and he's a threat to our heroes in a lot of different ways. And he thought that was great. He's not this all-American, kind, Clark Kent that he was on Smallville. He comes across as, if I may, as kind of a dick. When you first meet him, you're like, 'Wow, that guy is kind of an asshole.' Tom is so completely charming and lovable, so he's having fun with it. It's saucy."

That onscreen shift also reflects an offscreen change in Welling since Smallville went off the air. "Now he has such a different energy and he's grown into himself," he says. "I think his fans will be really surprised by what they see now. I think he wanted to flex different muscles after Smallville, and that's why our show was so appealing. We're a little bit of everything — we're a comedy, we're a drama, we're a procedural. He liked that because he can play with all these different toys."

First appearing in the Lucifer season three premiere, the highly respected and lauded police lieutenant Pierce comes into the LAPD to shake things up professionally and personally, specifically for Lucifer (Tom Ellis) and Detective Chloe Decker (Lauren German).

"My character is more of a straight man role," Welling says. "He's very earnest and has a bigger agenda. That was fun because I'm playing against what Tom [Ellis] is doing. There's comedy in that. Throughout the season, you'll learn more about my character and who he is and there will be an evolution, well, actually a couple [different evolutions]. But by playing against the comedy, to me that's hilarious."

Of course, there's more to Pierce than what he first seems — and that, too, is a stark contrast to Welling's time as Clark on Smallville.

"He knows more about what's going on. Clark never really knew what was going on, he always had to figure out what was going on, that's for sure," Welling says with a laugh. "Pierce is actually pulling more strings than you even know. He looks a little different than Clark, a bit older. He's not who he seems when he comes into town. The episode I'm working on now there is a reveal of who he is and what his intentions are. He's here to throw a wrench in the wheel."

While Welling acted in a few movies during his time away from TV, it took the actor — who also executive-produced The CW's Hellcats — a moment to re-acclimate.

"I was there, the very first take he had with Lauren," Henderson recalls. "He walks up to her and she starts blathering and he's supposed to interrupt her. We do our first take, he walks over, she starts blathering, and then she pauses and he's just looking at her."

"They call cut and Lauren is like, 'Huh, a little rusty there, Welling?'" the actor says with a laugh. "That was my first take, so it was nice to break the tension with that. After that, it broke the ice."

It was that attitude that surprised many on the Lucifer set. "He's very down-to-earth and hilarious," Modrovich says. Henderson agrees, calling Welling — who boasts an impressive Christopher Walken impression — a "goofball." And it's that sense of humor that Gough recalls the most about his time with Welling on the Smallville set. "That's not really a side you saw as much on Smallville because Clark was always very earnest, serious and saving the world, dealing with all of those villains. He was never going to be the acerbic guy who's delivering the zinger," he says. "But Tom is very funny, very sharp, so I'm hoping that's a side you'll get to see now that he's doing this new show."

Along with his sense of humor, the Lucifer showrunners were also surprised by the 6-foot-3 Welling's physical stature. "We had to get him a bigger motorcycle, because the motorcycle we had chosen for him looked too small on him." Adds Modrovich adds with a laugh: "Same thing as choosing a gun for him! It looked like a tiny little water gun in his hands so we had to get him a bigger gun so it wouldn't look silly."

Welling's towering height is actually what helped him get his career started almost two decades ago. Discovered at a party, Welling started out as a model for brands including Calvin Klein. That left him feeling unfulfilled, however, so when the chance to guest-star on the CBS legal drama Judging Amy came along in 2000, he jumped in with both feet. Welling played star Amy Brenneman's younger love interest Rob Meltzer for an extended stint in season two, and Brenneman recalls just how green Welling was when he stepped onto a TV set for the very first time.

"He just hadn't acted before," Brenneman says. "I thought, 'OK, he's such a beautiful young man, but we'll see.' And he just had this natural ease, which, for this show, the main thing we had to do was connect, and we did immediately. He was funny and I was amazed at his ability to stay relaxed when that big old eye of the camera is on you."

The actress recalls Welling being a "generous and complimentary" co-star.

"In the bathtub scenes, you're shot so it looks like you have nothing on from the shoulders down and I had on this battleship gray maternity bathing suit and we had to do an extra panel for my pregnancy," she recalls. "I felt really self-conscious so I grabbed these men's shorts and I looked so unsexy. And he was just like, 'Oh you look so beautiful.' He was the greatest guy of all time."

Looking back on his time with Brenneman on Judging Amy, Welling's first instinct is to laugh at his inexperience ("I really didn't know what I was doing!") but recalls the lessons he learned from his co-star with fondness. "Amy really took me under her wing," he says. "The way she treated and talked to people, when I moved onto a show where I was the lead, I knew I was going to treat people with respect and I'm going to be professional and on time. Those were all things that I saw her do."

Indeed, Gough recalls Welling's work ethic from his time on Smallville. "When you're No. 1 on the call sheet, you set the tone for the cast and on set," he recalls. "He really grew into that role. He was a young actor, his first big series, yes it's an ensemble show but he was playing Clark Kent so it all revolves around you. It ended up being a dream with that cast since it came from the top down."

As one of very few people who knew Welling before he became Clark Kent, Brenneman actually remembers the moment his life changed forever. "I'll always remember sitting on set and him talking about this audition and if he could play Clark Kent," she says. "And I told him, 'Don't get your hopes up. The business is hard.' Cut to me seeing posters [of Smallville with Welling] and I was like, 'Oh OK, or that could happen!'"

While Welling was still a relative newcomer in Hollywood, Brenneman knew early on that Welling was primed to break out. "He's a sane, hard-working, kind person, and coupled with his physical appeal, somebody was going to snap him up," she says. "We just happened to be the first one."

It wasn't long until another producer realized that, too. Smallville started its international search for a young Clark Kent, looking at actors all over the U.S., Canada, Australia, in the U.K. Gough remembers when the team was going through a stack of headshots and Welling's came up. But initially, he wouldn't come in to audition for Clark Kent because at that time, there wasn't even a pilot script written.

"In January of 2001, we finally had the script and we called him up to come into the room and read," Gough says. "At the time, this was all pre-Marvel, the last iteration of Superman was Lois & Clark, the last iteration of Batman was Batman & Robin. There were a lot of preconceived notions about what a young Superman should be, but Tom still came in and read the script. He really liked it, we talked about 'no flights, no tights,' and then he auditioned with Kristin Kreuk who we had already cast [as Clark's love interest Lana Lang]. They were really magic in the room."

Welling's inexperience at the time — along with his "ridiculously handsome" looks, according to Gough — helped bring "a real warmth and a real sincerity" to Clark.

"For Clark Kent in high school, that was exactly what we were looking for," Gough says. "When Tom came in and read, you knew it. We captured lightning in a bottle because not only was he great, but he looked like Clark Kent. With DC Comics, there was a 'likeness clause.' The actor we cast had to look like Clark Kent. We couldn't cast a long-haired blonde guy. The unicorn had to walk in. Tom for us was that unicorn."

When Welling finally accepted the role, which came down to him and Supernatural star Jensen Ackles, he felt as nervous as he had when he first stepped onto the Judging Amy set. But those nerves actually helped him get into character.

"The good thing about what I did on Smallville was I played a character who had no idea what he was doing at the beginning," he says. "In many ways, myself as an actor, I didn't have much experience. Over the course of 10 years, Clark got to know himself better, he got to know what he was capable of, understood his purpose, and I did too. I grew a lot. That was the perfect role for me."
In that time on Smallville Welling grew up personally and professionally. Gough helped guide him along that journey by creating an environment where all the young stars were allowed to do their best work.

"We created this combination of structure and freedom where they were all allowed to flourish," Gough says. "And we tried to cast in the older roles, the parents, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, we tried to really surround them with pros who they could also learn from. That's the best acting school you could have."

And then in season four, Gough pushed Welling to take on a new role: director. "He was nervous about it," Gough remembers, but Welling eventually moved behind the camera to direct in season five.

"When I stepped onto the set of Smallville for the first time, I was not thinking about directing or producing," Welling says with a laugh. "I was just trying to hit my mark and not screw up too bad. Over the years, I saw what directors were doing and how they could affect the set, and I thought it was like another language I could learn. The same way went with producing. I just wanted to learn everything I could while I was there."

Welling considers his years on Smallville as his college and grad school as far as the industry goes. "I got to learn on-the-job training for 10 years," he says. "As I go forward, I definitely want to develop shows with Warner Bros. and I want to direct and continue to produce. I love telling stories and creating opportunities that allow other people to follow their craft as well. Becoming an executive producer on Smallville and directing episodes, I saw more of my potential and where I could take the tools I'm learning and how to apply them."

It's a role that comes naturally to him. Gough remembers being on set in Vancouver when Smallville first introduced Supergirl (Laura Vandervoort) on the show.

"I remember watching the scenes, and every time I'd see something and I would want to go and give her a note, I'd literally hear Tom on the mic giving her that note in a very nice, warm, constructive way," Gough says. "I looked at James Marshall who was our producer/director and I go, 'You know who the best director on the set is right now? It’s Tom and we should just leave.'"

In the six years since Smallville wrapped, Gough made sure to keep in touch with Welling. Through emails and lunches to catch up, Gough kept reminding Welling that he belonged on TV.

"I have always encouraged him to come back and do television, preferably something we could do together again," he says with a laugh. "He's really one of the good guys in this business. I'm super excited he's back doing television. I've told him before, 'You have many hit shows in your future once you decide to make the return.' I think he's a total TV star."

But Gough understood why Welling had to take a step back for a while. "His first big role was an iconic role and went on for 10 years," he says. "As Christopher Reeve used to call it, 'You need to escape the cape.'"

Welling notes that there was never any doubt in his mind that he'd eventually return to television. What certainly helped pave the way was just how much the industry has changed since Smallville wrapped.

"There are so many cool things going on on TV right now, whether it's cable or broadcast. There is so much opportunity to be a part of really great shows," he says. "In the back of my mind maybe I always knew I'd be working again in this medium. I remember, during my 10 years on Smallville, noticing that there was more of sense of TV vs. film, whether you were a TV actor or a movie actor. Ten years later, that went away. Now with the way people access content on their phones, on their iPads and computers, people don't really care as long as they get to see you. Fans don't really compare TV vs. film as much as they used to."

And that's allowing Welling to have the most fun he's ever had in his career on Lucifer. He stops mid-thought to laugh as his co-star German passes by him on set.

"She just drove by listening to the X-Files on a Bluetooth speaker on a bike with a huge flag and bedazzled things all over it," he says. "Everybody on the cast, except for me, they all have these bicycles they ride around on set. It's hilarious."

So is he going to join in on the fun and get a bike of his own? "You know, I think it's a character choice," he says. "Everybody has them, so I'm not going to get one. Pierce wouldn't do that, he'd do his own thing. So I will too."

Lucifer season three premieres Monday, Oct. 2 at 8 p.m. on Fox.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... le-1043336?

- El actor dfe ‘Smallville’ Tom Welling cambia su pasado de superhéroe por el trabajo de policía en ‘Lucifer’ (NYPost):
El actor dfe ‘Smallville’ Tom Welling cambia su pasado de superhéroe por el trabajo de policía en ‘Lucifer’
Po rEric Hegedus & Robert Rorke - 29 Sept, 2017 | 6:09pm

“Smallville” star Tom Welling is soaring back to TV six years after the Superman origin series ended in 2011.

Welling, 40, has joined the supernatural Fox drama “Lucifer” as Marcus Pierce, a no-nonsense lieutenant in the LAPD homicide unit where the manipulative title character — the devil himself, played by Tom Ellis — serves as a consultant. The new role is a far cry from the emo version of Clark Kent he played for 10 years.

“Marcus comes off as very polar opposite, tonally, to everyone else on the show,” Welling told The Post by phone from LA. “My character comes in and shakes things up. It felt really exciting to me, like someone I hadn’t played before.”

Here’s what else Welling — a Putnam Valley, NY, native — had to say about his new character and post-“Smallville” life.

Since “Smallville” ended, you’ve run a production company and been in a few movies, but this is your return to acting on TV. Did you intentionally step away from the series grind?
Yeah, I was happy to take a break. I’m not complaining, but filming in Vancouver for 10 years, away from pretty much everybody you know — I wanted to take some time to do the things I couldn’t do. I used to drive up from LA at the beginning of the season and then 10 months later drive back down. And I remember crossing the border for the last time, getting back to the United States and being like, “This is a new beginning; this is also gonna be great.”

You were already a fan of “Lucifer” before you joined the cast. What did you like about it?
The tone — the procedural-slash-comedy and the lightheartedness. Especially the way Lucifer operates, the idea that he gives people choices and opportunities that shed a light on the deep, dark secrets and desires they have. It delves into the human condition of, “If I really could have what I wanted, what would that mean?”

Pierce is an older character with graying temples. Are those real, or courtesy of the show’s hairstylist?
I want to say it’s not real, but, no, it’s been a few years since “Smallville.” You know, a little older, a little wiser, a little more serious. Maybe a few more pounds. That was definitely a character choice — I had to gain weight.

Did you keep any souvenirs from the “Smallville” set?
I think I have some posters. You know, [Michael] Rosenbaum [who played Lex Luthor] would steal props that weren’t even his; he’s really the collector. Some day I may break into his house. I guarantee you he has a bunch of souvenirs of Clark’s. I picture him running around in the red Clark jacket or something.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/29/smallville ... n-lucifer/

- El diablo le hizo hacerlo: la estrella de 'Smallville' Tom Wellingregresa a TV en 'Lucifer' (usatoday):
El diablo le hizo hacerlo: la estrella de 'Smallville' Tom Wellingregresa a TV en 'Lucifer'
Por Brian Truitt - 01 Oct, 2017

Tom Welling will never get over that final day on Smallville, heading back to Los Angeles from Vancouver, crossing the border for the last time after 10 seasons, and letting out a huge sigh of relief.

“I didn’t know what it was then, but now I realize it was just a sign of new beginnings and a new chapter,” says the 40-year-old actor.

Returning to the small screen for the first time since Smallville ended in 2011, after a 10-year run on WB and CW, Welling’s traded his Superman shield for an LAPD badge as Lt. Marcus Pierce on the third season of Fox’s Lucifer (Monday, 8 ET/PT). The show centers on Lucifer Morningstar (Tom Ellis), the devil come to Earth who helps cop Chloe Decker (Lauren German) solve crimes. Yet even his flamboyant persona stands a bit straighter when Pierce walks in as the new sheriff in town.

For Welling, it’s a chance to be on one of his favorite series. “It wasn’t like, ‘I’m coming back!’ I was like, ‘Cool, I get to be on that show?’ ” says Welling, who's done a few movies (2014’s Draft Day and 2016’s The Promise) after hanging up his superhero threads.

When Pierce arrives, he’s aloof and hard to read — unlike some of the show’s more over-the-top aspects.
That’s by design. What you’ll find out is he’s not exactly who he says he is. You find out who he is but also why he’s there, and that’s going to be another big reveal that will come out in the season.

He seems to dislike everybody, but has a strange interest in Lucifer.
Pierce knows who Lucifer is and Lucifer doesn’t know that. It’s a bit of a standoff – like a Western situation in a way (or) a High Noon sort of thing. I don’t know if they like each other, but there’s going to be a respect there.

What’s changed for you the most since your Smallville days?
The better you know yourself and the more experiences you have, the more that can inform the choices you make as an actor. And I’m older. (Laughs)

You don’t look it, other than some gray hair.
Well, that’s a character thing. I don’t actually have gray hair.

So what have you been up to over the past six years?
I went to New Zealand for a month, that was a lot of fun. I kind of just tried to do some things I wasn’t able to do while I was on Smallville: traveling and catching up with people who I haven’t seen in a long time. I’ve been busy – it just hasn’t been on camera.

Do you feel Smallville’s long run paved the way for Lucifer and all the various comic-book shows?
Very much so, and I’m proud to say that. I love what this genre says about people and it really focuses on identity: Characters trying to figure who they are and what their potential is and their place in the world. In the history of storytelling, that’s a strong theme.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/ ... 707025001/

- Tom Welling revela por qué escogió "Lucifer" para hacer su regreso a TV (EW):
Tom Welling revela por qué escogió "Lucifer" para hacer su regreso a TV
Por Natalie Abrams - 02 Oct, 2017 a las 11:00am EDT

When Lucifer returns for season 3, Tom Welling will make his debut as Marcus Pierce (Tom Welling), a devilishly charming police lieutenant who is also a potential love interest for Chloe (Lauren German). How will Lucifer (Tom Ellis) feel about that? Probably not great, to be honest, but Welling is loving it. Below, the Smallville alum dishes on why he chose Lucifer to make his TV return. (Read our interview with Welling about not really suiting up as Superman on Smallville here.)

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What was it about Lucifer that made you want to return to TV?
TOM WELLING: So this is going to sound cheesy, but it’s true. I had been in discussions with Fox on two other projects this year that didn’t work out — for one, I was too young and the other one I just wasn’t right for. On a Monday morning, I get a call from my agent and they say, “We have an offer for you for the show called Lucifer to do 10 episodes,” and I was like, “Okay, well, when does it start?” and they said, “Friday.” I was like, “Whoa, hold on a second,” and they go, “But, but, but, it shoots in L.A.,” which is good because I live in L.A. Having spent so much time in Vancouver, the idea of traveling to me isn’t a priority — in a sense, it’s luxury problems.

Anyway, shortly after I got a call from a very dear friend of mine, Greg Beeman, who was our showrunner on Smallville for many years and had directed episodes of Lucifer, and he goes, “I hear that your name’s in the mix to be on Lucifer. I know you, I’ve worked on the show, you’re going to love it, don’t overthink it.” So then I binge-watched about six episodes of the show, because I was familiar with the show, but they were like, “Take a look at these six that we recommend for you to watch, these are our favorites,” and I watched them all, and Wednesday morning the conversation was, “I don’t want to do 10 episodes,” and they said, “Well, you have to do 10, it’s 10 or nothing.” I said, “I want to do more, I want to do 15,” and so we signed on for 15 episodes, because I like it that much, and having met the cast and the crew they’re so much fun. They have a good time, they get their work done, they’re professional, but they’re enjoying themselves. I like the show, the show’s fun. It doesn’t take itself too seriously, but they solve bit crimes and their issues and stuff like that. So I don’t know if that answers your question, but it at least gives you a jumping-off point about how it happened.

Tell us about Marcus as a character.
Well, Marcus, by design, you’re not going to know too much about him. The cliché is you’re going to have to watch to see who he is in the end and it’ll be worth it. At first, he’s a disrupter. At the end of last season, the characters of Lucifer started to get along maybe a little too much and they told me they wanted to bring somebody in to mix it up. He’s definitely going to mix things up between Lucifer and Lauren’s character, Decker, as far as like a love interest possibility sort of thing. But what you’ll find at the end of the season is he is much more of a character and you’re never going to guess who he is, but he’s definitely somebody that Lucifer is going to realize is maybe older than Lucifer, if that makes any sense. I’ll tease that. He’s not God. He’s not God, for sure. He’s not that, but he’s something that you’ll find is very much on par, if not greater, than what Lucifer is.

The description of your character intimated that Lucifer and Marcus had a lot in common. They’re both devilishly charming.
Well, I just did a scene this morning where Decker literally calls me a d—k, so that’s at least how I start out, and that she’s taking the brunt of my d—kish ways. I start out maybe one way, but hopefully I can bring some charm to him later on.

How similar or different is he from Lucifer and how does that cause them to butt heads?
The way that I see it is Lucifer, in some ways, comes in like, [in a mock British accent] “Hey, I’m Lucifer, I’m crazy, and I’m more powerful, I’m the devil, tell me what your desires are.” And Marcus is like, “Yeah, okay, anyway, let’s get the work done.” It’s taking the air out of the room, I think would be the difference. Where Lucifer brings it, he brings the energy to the room, my character sucks it out.

So he’s a little more straight-laced then?
I think so. Yeah, maybe a different goal than Lucifer has, a different global objective as far as the desire from a character point of view. He’s looking for something different than what Lucifer is looking for.

Can you say whether Marcus is good or bad?
Well, every character thinks he’s good, you know what I mean? He’s not necessarily doing bad things, to answer your question. He’s not hurting people necessarily, but definitely if somebody gets in his way, he’ll take them out.

What’s more fun for you to play, the hero or the villain?
Well, right now, the villain. A friend of mine was asking me about the character and he was like, “Oh, so he’s a d—k?” and I was like, “He’s not just a d—k.” He goes, “No, but I see why you’d want to play that character because he’s very much different than what you’ve played for so many years,” and in some ways, that is true. He’s got a different energy, he’s got a different delivery, he’s not so much like open-eyed as far as like, “Oh my gosh, what’s happening?” He’s like “All right, this is what I’m going to do, this is what I’m going to make happen.” So it’s a different energy.

Was that part of the reason that you wanted to come back to TV, doing the complete opposite of Clark Kent?
I definitely didn’t want to play Clark Kent again. The great thing about Clark is he didn’t know who he was and he didn’t know what he was supposed to do with what he had and his abilities. This character very much knows what he’s capable of and knows what he wants to do and knows how to do it. So as much fun as that is to play, it wasn’t necessarily because of Clark that I chose this character. I think it was a number of things, it was the cast, the subject matter, the show, the showrunners, the Greg Beeman recommendation, the location. It was so many more factors than just “I don’t want to play Clark again,” but I’d be lying if I was saying that I’m not enjoying playing something very different for sure.

What can you tease of the dynamic between Chloe and Marcus?
Well, hopefully it just puts everybody on their heels a little bit. At first, it’s not so obvious that there might be an attraction between Decker and Pierce, but it’s hinted in other ways. It’s television, so of course there’s going to be that. I mean, we all expect a little bit of that. But I think wherein most shows somebody just comes in and all of a sudden it’s like, “Oh, they meet at a bar and there’s a new love interest,” it’s almost like the reverse where hopefully you’re not going to see the beginning. It’s not that they’re gazing in each other’s eyes at the beginning. If anything, he’s a very authoritative, demanding boss that just wants results and doesn’t really care what she has to say about anything other than what the case is and what’s going on. The scene this morning was, “Decker, where are we on the case?” And she says, “Yeah, we’re doing this.” I’m like, “Oh, you don’t have any suspects in custody yet?” And she goes, “No,” and his response is, “I thought you’d be further along” and just walks past her. She’s kind of like, “What the f—k, why is he such a d—k?” Things may or may not heat up.

Is this strategic? Maybe he has it out for Lucifer so getting close to Decker is part of his game plan?
Maybe. [Laughs] You’re not sure. The big question that even I had in talking to the showrunners was who is this guy and why is he here? Their answer was awesome. I can’t tell you because it ruins everything, but he’s definitely there for a very specific reason and Lucifer is part of that, Decker is a part of that, but you’ll find out that it’s something even bigger.

Can he be trusted? And does he suspect or know what Lucifer is?
Well, we did a scene last week where my character shows up in Lucifer’s apartment and Lucifer goes, “Oh, finally somebody actually believes that I am who I say I am, I’m the devil himself,” and Pierce says, “No, actually, I’m not crazy, I have no idea why you prance around in that and call yourself the devil, but anyway,” and just sort of moves on. So you don’t know how much Pierce knows or doesn’t know, but you get a sense that he needs a little something from everybody to get what he wants.

Lucifer returns Monday at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/02/lucifer-tom ... -season-3/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Lucifer, Superman, and BBQ: A Night with Tom Ellis and Tom Welling (bleedingcool):

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/04 ... m-welling/

- Lucifer: Tom Welling Talks Marcus Pierce (Ksitetv):

http://www.ksitetv.com/lucifer/lucifer- ... ce/168027/

- Tom Welling Finally Says The Name “Chloe” On Lucifer (Ksitetv):

http://www.ksitetv.com/lucifer/tom-well ... er/168035/

- INTERVIEW: Tom Ellis and Tom Welling Preview What’s Next on Lucifer (withanaccent):

http://www.withanaccent.com/2017/12/05/ ... w-lucifer/?

Podéis encontrar las imágenes del evento de prensa: AQUÍ

Video del evento: AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Tom Welling & Michael Rosenbaum asistirán a la "AwesomeCon 2018" en Washington (Marzo):
Tom Welling y Michael Rosenbaum serán dos de los invitados de la "Awesome Con 2018" que se celebrará en Washington durante los días 30 de Marzo al 01 de Abril del 2018, según ha confirmado hoy la Convención.

la "Awesome Con" es la convención de cómics de Washington, en la que se celebran todos los aspectos de la cultura geek, encluyendo los cómics, sci-fi, fantasía, terror, anime, videojuegos, TV, películas, animaciónn, música, comediay, arte, ciencia y más.

Ambos actores estarán presentes durante el fin de semana (Sábado, 31 Marzo - Domingo, 01 Abril) para asistir a las ya conocidas sesiones de preguntas, firmas de autógrafos y sesiones fotográficas con los fans.

Ninguno de ellos participará en ningún evento adicional de tipo VIP.

La compra de fotografías y autógrafos se empezará a realizar a partir de Febrero.

Podéis comprar vuestros tickets y conseguir más información sobre la concención:

https://www.showclix.com/event/AwesomeCon18

- Tom Welling asistirá al "Washington State Toy and Geek Fest" en Washington (Junio):
¡Al parecer tenemos otra convención para Tom Welling!.

El actor figura entre la lista de invitados al "Washington State Toy and Geek Fest" que se celebrará en el Washington State Fair and Events Center los días 30 de Junio y 01 de Julio.

Imagen
http://toyandgeekfest.com/guests/

Podéis registraros y conocer todos los detalles del evento en su página oficial: AQUÍ

Y podréis coseguir los tickets para el evento y las sesiones fotográficas: AQUÍ

- Tom Welling y Michael Rosenbaum asistirán a la "Supanova Expo 2018" en Melbourne & Gold Coast, Australia (Abril):
Supanova 2018 está ya a la vuelta de la esquina y hoy ha desvelado más nombres importantes para su ya abarrotado programa en Melbourne y Gold Coast.
Imagen Imagen
Una lista llena de estrellas de los amantes de las convenciones, incluyendo a Tom Welling (Smallville, Lucifer), Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville, Impastor), Alan Tudyk (Firefly, Rogue One, Powerless) y Elizabeth Henstridge (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), son tan sólo algunos de los nuevos invitados especiales que la Supanova Comic Con & Gaming ha confirmado para sus épicos eventos de Abril en Melbourne (21–22 Abril) y la Gold Coast (28-29 Abril).

La suma de Welling a la lista no es un logro pequeño . tras 10 temporadas como el líder de la aclamada por la crítica "Smallville", ahora co-protagoniza la serie de "Lucifer" y su viaje a la Supanova será tan sólo su segunda aparición aparte de la San Diego Comic-Con en el mundo geek.

Por su parte, Michael no puede esperar a encontrarse de nuevo con sus fans Australianos.

Tom y Michael harán un panel de Q&A cada fin de semana, posarán para las fotos de estudio y firmarán autógrafos durante el Sábado y el Domingo en ambas ciudades.

Más información sobre el panel de Tom, Michael y las sesiones fotográficas se publicarán en los Programas de Eventos (1) (2) de la página de Supanova en fecha más cercana a las convenciones.

Las entradas ya están disponibles y las fichas para los autógrafos de todos los invitados se pondrán a la venta el 28 de Febrero, ambos a través de Moshtix.

http://www.supanova.com.au/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Tom Welling de "Lucifer" del ir al 'aburrido' Pierce al primer asesino del mundo (TVLine):
Tom Welling de "Lucifer" del ir al 'aburrido' Pierce al primer asesino del mundo
Por Matt Webb Mitovich / 18 Enero 2018, 3:01 PM PST

Make no mistake, Tom Welling knew exactly what he was getting into when he signed on for Season 3 of Fox’s Lucifer, where it took a full 10 episodes to reveal his seemingly humdrum character’s true identity.

“I’m glad that we surprised some people,” Welling tells TVLine of the midseason twist in which we and Lucifer learned that Marcus Pierce was no mere (albeit esteemed) LAPD lieutenant, but no less than Cain aka The World’s First Murderer. “We like to surprise people.”

Welling is well aware that viewers were growing impatient with Pierce — if they had formed any impression of Chloe’s foil at all. But that was by design. “My first conversation with [co-showrunner] Joe Henderson was about an hour long, where he walked me through the entire season,” the actor recalls. “He was like, ‘Listen, he’s going to sound really boring at the beginning, but let me tell you where he’s going to go….’ Which is fun.”

That slow burn, Welling says, “is one of the reasons why at the beginning of the season Pierce kind of came off as hard-assed, but people were also like, ‘Who is this guy? What’s going on?’ We kind of wanted to maintain that.” And with the storyline picking back up this Monday, Jan. 22 at 8/7c, “We’ve still got a few surprises for the rest of the season coming up,” he promises.

To portray Lucifer’s iteration of the biblical Cain, “I brushed up on his story a little, to try to get into the mind of the character — what his motivations are and his take on what happened with Abel, because we’re taking some liberties here,” Welling says. “I was trying to understand a guy who killed his brother and doesn’t feel like he did the wrong thing. I kinda had to search for that a bit!”

As series lead Tom Ellis himself previewed in the immediate wake of the reveal, Lucifer will form an “odd bromance” with Pierce/Cain as the men ally to kill two birds with one stone. “Lucifer’s goal is to get back at his dad and get rid of his wings, and Cain’s biggest desire is to die,” Ellis told TVLine. And to that end, “Lucifer decides he’s going to help [Cain] do that and defy his father by lifting the curse somehow.”

Adds Welling, “Yeah, we’ve got some episodes coming up that really highlight that whole experience between Pierce and Lucifer, because they become ‘partners in crime,’ so to speak.”

http://tvline.com/2018/01/18/lucifer-se ... in-reveal/

- Tom Welling’s Role On Lucifer Is Better Than His Clark Kent Ever Was (cbr):

https://www.cbr.com/tom-welling-lucifer-tv-smallville/

- Tom Welling Reflects on Lessons from ‘Smallville’ and Talks Returning to TV for ‘Lucifer’ (variety):

http://variety.com/2018/tv/features/tom ... 202674524/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ¡¡¡Es oficial: Tom Welling y Jessica Rose Lee se han comprometido!!!:
Seguramente la noticia no pilla de sorpresa a los fans del actor que llevaban rumoreando el compromiso desde las pasadas Navidades cuando empezó a verse a Jessica luciendo un anillo que claramente parecía de compromiso en las fotos que posteaba en su cuenta de instagram, pero ahora ya es oficial.

Tras su fallido matrimonio con Jamie White, Tom Welling ha decidido comprometerse con su actual pareja Jessica Rose Lee, según ha confirmado ella misma en su instagram durante un evento benéfico qu organizó junto a una de sus amigas y colaboradoras a beneficio de la campaña "American Wild Hoses" y el "Thunder Mountain Farms Equine Rescue" en Malibú:
Imagen
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfYzrSXgW8e ... ssiroselee

La pareja así da el siguiente paso en una relación que dura ya desde hace cuatro años.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Smallville star Tom Welling to visit Gold Coast for Supanova convention (goldcoastbulletin):
Smallville star Tom Welling to visit Gold Coast for Supanova convention
ANDREW POTTS, Gold Coast Bulletin
April 3, 2018 4:00pm

HE’S best known for playing the world’s most famous superhero, but Tom Welling says he’s down to Earth.

The 40-year-old actor, who stared as Superman in the popular television series Smallville, will visit the Gold Coast next month for the annual Supanova Pop Culture Expo.

Despite being one of the handful of people to play the iconic comic book character, Welling has only recently begun to appear at conventions, where he comes face-to-face with long-term fans.
Tom Welling played Clark Kent/Superman in Smallville

But the thespian, who currently works in the comic book drama Lucifer, said he was enjoying the experience of getting to know his fans.

“This is actually one of the first big conventions I’ve been to — I spoke to a few of my friends and they convinced me but I am going to have a great time,” he said.

“I was hard-headed for years about going to conventions but I have spoken to people and they told me how much fun they are.

“There is a real sense of joy there and everyone is coming to have a good time.

“I say to fans, ‘don’t be nervous — I’m fairly easy going and a nice guy’.”

Welling played Clark Kent on Smallville for its full 10-season run from 2001 and also appeared in films Draft Day and Cheaper by the Dozen.

His Gold Coast visit with be Welling’s second trip to Australia — he celebrated New Year’s Eve in Sydney in 2016.
Tom Welling with his co-stars during his Smallville days.

“I love it down there in Australia — There’s a real sense of wonder and I feel really at home,” he said.

But this year’s convention trip will be special — he’ll be celebrating his 41st birthday here, most likely while on the Gold Coast.

Welling said he would potentially celebrate with close friend and fellowSmallville star Michael Rosenbaum, who is also attending the Gold Coast convention.

“What a great place to be for my birthday,” he said.

“I’ll have to do something, you can’t just sit in your hotel room but we’ll see.

“Rosenbaum is going to be down there and I’ll have to see who is going to be around.”

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/en ... de56514543

- Tom Welling teases Cain's latest Lucifer tricks and dispels a Flash rumor (SyFywire):

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/tom-wellin ... lash-rumor

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Michigan star of “Smallville” visits Motor City Comic Con this weekend (thenewsherald):
Michigan star of “Smallville” visits Motor City Comic Con this weekend
By Kurt Anthony Krug For Digital First Media May 16, 2018

Tom Welling wasn’t a big Superman fan before being cast in the CW TV series “Smallville” — a role he turned down twice.

Yet the 1995 Okemos High School alumnus played Clark Kent, Superman’s alter-ego, longer than any actor.

“Originally, I was cautious about how ready the show was and what it was really about, because I wasn’t interested in playing Superman running around high school in the outfit,” Welling recalls. “David Nutter, who directed the pilot, reached out and said, ‘We have the script. Just read it. I think you’ll like it.’”

So Welling read the script. And he liked it.

“From there, I auditioned and — long story short — got the part,” he says. “It became something special about a boy trying to figure out who he is, his place in the world, his identity and these abilities he had. That’s what really jumped off the page for me. ... I don’t know if I’m surprised (‘Smallville’) ran 10 years, but it deserved to go 10 years. We just got to the end and told a pretty good story. It was time to let (Clark) go.”

Welling is appearing this weekend at the Motor City Comic Con in Novi. Joining him are his co-star Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor) as well as Val Kilmer, Jenna Elfman, Stephen Amell (“Arrow”), Summer Glau (“Firefly”), Wallace Shawn and William Zabka (“Cobra Kai”), among others.

To research “Smallville,” Welling watched the Christopher Reeve “Superman” movies. Not knowing Superman’s history was advantageous, especially when characters turned out not to be who they appeared.

“(My) limited information matched Clark’s limited information,” Welling says. “I think it was helpful not knowing all the history.”

The late Reeve and Mt. Clemens native Dean Cain — fellow Supermen — also appeared on “Smallville.”

“Dean was a lot of fun. He’s a great guy, easy to be around, very fun on the set, talented and prepared,” Welling says. “Christopher told me he was happy I was playing (Superman). He liked what I was doing — it was inspiring. He was such a great guy. ... Being in his presence, you really felt inspired and humbled. You don’t meet a lot of people like that. I was really, really happy I got to meet him. He really left an impression.”

Welling doesn’t mind being remembered as Superman.

“There’s worse things to be remembered for,” he said, laughing. “It’s not so bad.”

Welling’s most recent role is Marcus Pierce, who’s really the biblical Cain, on Fox’s “Lucifer.” This comic Lucifer (Tom Ellis) is unhappy ruling Hell, so he abdicates his throne and goes to Los Angeles. The May 14 season finale became the series finale when it was announced last weekend that the show was canceled.

“You don’t know who he is,” Welling says of his character on the show. “You find out he’s a lieutenant, then you find out he’s Sinner Man, then you find out he’s Cain.

“(Creator Tom Kapinos) asked me, ‘Do you want to know what happens at the end?’ I said, ‘No, I don’t. I don’t want to know.’ It wasn’t until I read the (finale script) I knew his fate. ... Here’s a guy who goes from wanting to die, then wanting to live, to fighting for his life. That was a fun struggle to portray.”

He says he’s looking forward to Motor City, his fourth convention appearance and his first in Michigan. He credits Rosenbaum for getting him on the convention circuit.

“Fans want to see you, they’re all happy to see you. Everybody’s really cool — they’re a blast!” Welling says. “I’m meeting people who are basically responsible for allowing me being able to do what I do. (On panels), I tell them, ‘We wouldn’t even be up here if you didn’t watch us doing what we’re doing.’ That’s the truth. I can’t wait to meet them and shake their hands. It’s just a good time.”

• If you go: The Motor City Comic Con runs all weekend at the Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River Ave., Novi. Tickets are $25-$75 for adults and $10-$20 for children ages 6-12. Children 5 and younger get in free. Sunday, Kids Day, ages 12 and younger enter free with a paid adult. For a list of guests, events, photo ops, ticket prices and more, visit motorcitycomiccon.com.

http://www.thenewsherald.com/downriver_ ... 79dc4.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Q&A: Tom Welling prepares to make Houston debut at Fandemic Tour (uhclthesignal):
Actor Tom Welling will be visiting Houston for the first time as part of the Fandemic Tour comic convention lineup of celebrity guests. Known for his roles in “Smallville” and “Lucifer,” Welling will be appearing Sept. 15 and Sept. 16 at the convention being held at NRG Center.

Q: What made you want to take part in Fandemic Tour’s Houston show?

Well one is, it’s so big. It’s a very big show. Sort of looking at the other [actors] who are going to be there, there’s a lot of crossover I think for the fan base. Especially with all of the “Smallville” people there, the supermen, the superwomen, and it’s a big crossover deal for I think the genre, so I thought that would be a fun thing to take part of. I think the fans are going to be able to see a lot of people in one place that they might not see again together for a long time.

Q: At Fandemic Tour, fans will have the chance to meet you, have items autographed and take photos. What is one of the more interesting or oddest things you’ve been asked to sign?

I was in London and someone asked me to sign their arm, so they could have the tattoo artist tattoo it onto them. I was like, “Sure, if that’s what you want?” (Laughs). That’s a signature that will last for a long time.

Q: You’re most known for your role as Clark Kent in “Smallville,” which was a show based on the DC Comics character Superman. Is there a fictional character or a historical figure you would like the chance to play and put your own spin on?

Yeah, I mean there’s a lot. I mean I grew up watching Indiana Jones; that would be pretty awesome. [That] kind of comes to mind. I don’t know why. James Bond would be dope. (Laughs). I mean, there’s a lot of cool characters out there. Those just pop into my head. I haven’t spent much time trying to get those roles or anything.

Q: We asked our readers to send us questions they would like to ask you. One of them, Rachel Lalonde asks, “Did the off-camera friendship with actor Michael Rosenbaum (who will also be appearing at Fandemic Tour) make the on-screen rivalry difficult?”

No. What happens is when you have a good off-screen relationship with someone there’s a trust that you have and if you both understand that you’re simply playing characters between “action” and “cut,” the off-screen chemistry is very helpful. Even on “Lucifer” with Tom Ellis or Lauren German. I’ve had some pretty good experiences with people, just getting along off-screen where when you get to work it’s kind of like you know that you’re on the same team. That’s what it feels like.

Q: How does it feel like to be at these comic cons, especially like Fandemic Tour, where you get to reunite with your old cast members?

It’s a lot of fun. It’s fun to catch up with them. I see [Michael] Rosenbaum a lot. Him and I are usually seated next to each other when we do these appearances and we have a lot of fun joking. He likes to throw things at me and other people. Usually nothing big or too solid. But there’s a lot of goofing around and playfulness that people seem to enjoy.

Q: Another fan, Roman De La Cruz, asks, “As a young actor, “Smallville” took a lot of your time and dedication. Do you ever wish you had the opportunity to take on different acting roles when you were younger?”

Those are such hard questions to answer because if I hadn’t done [“Smallville”] then I wouldn’t be here now. Did I feel like I was missing out on other roles as a result of being on “Smallville”? No, I don’t think so. I don’t remember ever really being like, “I just want to get out of here and go do this project specifically.” I was really dedicated in making that show work and just trying to bring the heart into the story and the character.

Q: Do you have any upcoming projects fans can be expecting from you either as an actor, director or executive producer?

There’s three things, but there’s nothing…it’s hard because you can’t really talk about them. You’re not really allowed to and it’s also sort of like actor bad luck until things are completed. But, I’m not done, if that’s an answer. (Laughs).

Q: Lastly, what would you like our readers to know about your upcoming appearance at Fandemic Tour Houston?

That I’m really looking forward to it. Houston’s a great town. I’ve never been there. I’ve been to Texas and I love Texas. I really think it will be an enjoyable experience for us [the guests] being there and the fans. I think it’s a great group. I wish I had something more unique to say, but I’m really just excited to go.

For more information on Fandemic Tour and to purchase tickets, head to www.fandemictour.com. Be sure to use promo code UHCL20 on general admission ticket purchases to receive a discount. Promo code is valid through Aug. 31, 2018.

https://uhclthesignal.com/wordpress/201 ... emic-tour/

- Interview: ‘Tom Welling’ Talks Fandemic Tour In Houston, Smallville And Lucifer (redcarpetcrash):

http://redcarpetcrash.com/interview-tom ... d-lucifer/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ¡Tom Welling y su prometida Jessica Rose Lee anuncian su próxima paternidad!:
Nuestro Clark Kent está de enhorabuena.

Tom Welling y su prometida Jessica Rose Lee han anunciado a través de la cuenta de twitter de ésta su próxima paternidad para el 2019:

Imagen

Así, con el escueto mensaje "Nueva vida en el nuevo año", junto a la tierna imagen de arriba, la pareja anunciaba la buena noticia.

Éste será el primer hijo de ambos ya que, aunque el actor de 41 años estuvo casado anteriormente, su primer matrimonio terminó sin descendencia.

¡Muchas felicidades a toda la familia!

http://www.justjared.com/2018/11/06/tom ... rst-child/
http://extratv.com/2018/11/06/icymi-tom ... -pregnant/

Imagen Imagen

fama
Chloe
Chloe

Mensaje por fama »

Que lindo que Tom va ser papá, aunque mi sueño guajiro fue siempre: TOMERICA, pero cada cual tiene su pareja y una relación muy estable sobre todo Erica, cosa que me alegra mucho. :smt058

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Sí, un niño siempre es una alegría.

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Clark Kent (Tom Welling)”