"ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arrow

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arr

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 5.07 "Vigilante":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Portada y video BTS del especial del crossover de EW:
Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen
Podéis encontrar más imágenes de la sesión de EW: AQUÍ

http://bcove.me/g3zb8oy4

Entre las nuevas pistas que la revista nos ofrece y que publicará su edición completa mañana, nos cuentan que n el crossover veremos volar a 'Supergirl', a 'The Flash' y 'Cisco' abrir (o intentar abrir) un agujero en la tela del espacio-tiempo, y que alguien (que no dicen) será disparado. Reafirman lo que ya sabemos: que los causantes del crossover serán 'The Dominators', aunque dejan abierta la posibilidad de si éstos controlarán la mente de nuestros superhéroes hasta el punto de hacer que luchen entre ellos.

El “Arrowverse” también tiene otro apodo, el “Berlantiverse,” por el super-productor que preside ese universo, que tiene su propia opinión sobre el término: “Me opongo, para ser sincero. Hay mucha gente que también son parte de esto. Además, nunca quieres que algo que puede molestar o enfadar a la gente sea llamado con tu nombre.”

“Estas series tienen que trabajar en múltiples niveles. Quieres que sean divertidas y agradables. Pero si no tratan sobre algo, ¿para qué apareces a trabajar todos los días y le pides a todos que pongan su corazón y su alma en una historia si se trata tan sólo de Flash luchando contra el villano de la semana?”, comenta Berlanti.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/09/fl ... over-cover

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ARROW | 5.07 "Vigilante" Promo:

- ARROW | 5.07 "Vigilante" Extended Promo:

- ARROW | 5.07 "Vigilante" Inside the Episode:

- ARROW | 5.07 "Vigilante" Clip #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffqkEor6VV8
https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/798933678525009920

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow | "4 Night Crossover Event" Teaser Promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an9oHbislkU

- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow | "4 Night Crossover Event" Promo #2:

- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow | "4 Night Crossover Event" Clip #1:
http://bcove.me/oktob6db

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Dolph Lundgren sobre cómo Konstantin Kovar se compara a Ivan Drago (IGN):
Dolph Lundgren sobre cómo Konstantin Kovar se compara a Ivan Drago
Por Jesse Schedeen 15 Nov 2016

Last week's installment of Arrow introduced viewers to Konstantin Kovar, the imposing Russian government agent Oliver Queen is determined to kill in this season's flashbacks. Kovar left a pretty strong impression despite his limited screen time, due in no small part to the fact that he's played by Dolph Lundgren (Rocky IV, Universal Soldier, The Expendables), a man who knows a thing or two about playing strong, intimidating villains.

We had a chance to chat with Lundgren to learn more about how Kovar will factor into the current season and how this villain compares to the iconic Rocky foe, Ivan Drago. Scroll down to find out what he had to say.

IGN: How did this role come about for you?

Lundgren: I'd heard of the show but wasn't really watching it. But the producers wrote me a letter, and they seemed to be big fans. They came up with this character and I read the script and saw that they took the Rocky IV guy and kind of made him sophisticated and smarter and kind of playing off that persona, but in a modern way. I really thought it was interesting. And I hadn't done any dramatic TV at all, so I wanted to give it a shot.

IGN: I read somewhere that everyone on the cast and crew watched the movie Eastern Promises as homework for this Russian storyline. Is that sort of the tone you guys are shooting for?

Lundgren: I didn't hear that, but that sounds about right, yeah. That's more Russian mafia and criminal syndicates, whereas with Kovar, he's a little more like a Bond villain. He's working for some sort of government agency, but you're not quite sure if he's the government or FSB [Russia's Federal Security Service] or something in between. There is an element of that, for sure.

IGN: Eastern Promises has that famous fight sequence in the bath house. Just in terms of the action scenes, is that the approach the show is taking here, with that kind of brutal and dirty fighting?

Lundgren: It is brutal and dirty, from what I've seen. So far I've only done one little fight scene that's coming up in this next episode, but it's quite short, like 15 seconds or something. So I'm sure there's more to come. But it is quick and to the point. There's no back-flips or jumping around the walls. There's no finesse. You know, like in a real street fight, there's no time for that. You've just got to go and try to put the other guy down immediately. That's what it's like. So, yeah, they've taken that kind of energy and tried to put it into the fights.

IGN: You touched on this a little already, but it sounds like they're taking the Ivan Drago character and kind of subverting it a little. Would you say Kovar is an outright villain like Drago, or is he a little more complicated and complex than that?

Lundgren: He is an adversary, but you'll see more sides to this character. He's certainly older. Drago was a young guy, a young fighter. He was an army officer who grew up in a boxing ring. This is a guy who's a wealthy man. He's running companies. He's obviously working with Russian intelligence somehow. He's got a sophistication in the way he dresses and how he lives. You'll see a little bit of that inside his mansion. He's a different animal. But yeah, maybe Drago 30 years later survived the fall of the Soviet Union and got his hand on a bunch of money - a couple hundred million dollars - and became friends with the government. [laughs] Yeah, that's Kovar.

IGN: The characters on the show mentioned Kovar back in Season 4. Is that a sign that he's meant to be a very important character if the show has been building to him all this time?

Lundgren: That's a good point. The interesting thing about TV drama that's kind of nice is, I'm just an actor. I'm doing my role. To me, everything that happens to Kovar happens in the present day, present time. I don't really know or care that this is in the past and it's what shaped the main character. It doesn't matter to me. I guess the writers and producers are trying to figure that out, too. What is Kovar's role in all of this? Obviously, when they wrote the character they didn't know that I was going to play him. They didn't know when they came up with the name that it was me. They didn't know all the things they know now. So it's kind of a work in progress, I guess.

IGN: Kovar is based on a DC Comics character, and he's got his own back-story involving his son and everything involving that. I'm curious if they had you read any of those old comics as research for the role and if you think they'll touch on any of that material over the course of the season.

Lundgren: No, that's a good point. No one even mentioned that. I'll have to check it out. Or maybe I shouldn't! I like the name. It's catchy. But I didn't look at anything, really. I just sort of tried to make a colorful Russian bad guy/intelligence officer/businessman.

IGN: It's interesting, because most of the characters on this show are based on comic characters, but sometimes they're very loosely based on them. It almost sounds like they didn't want you to read about Kovar, because this is a very different interpretation of the character.

Lundgren: Yeah, it is. Unless you're playing a real character based on a real person, if someone else has done it before, you're probably better off not watching it as an actor. Otherwise you end up trying to copy someone else.

IGN: In this flashback storyline so far, we've learned a lot about the Bratva and how Oliver is connected to them and what role they play in the Russian underworld. Now that Ollie has met Kovar, is he going to see another side of the Bratva and how someone like Kovar views them?

Lundgren: Yeah. When I started looking at this character, I thought of him as being, in his eyes, the good guy. He's a pseudo-government finance character, and I don't think you can operate in Russia on that level without being connected to the intelligence world. A lot of things in Russia are like that. To me, as Kovar, these Bratva folks are insurgents that are trying to hurt my nation and my people. On one hand, I'm almost like an intelligence operative trying to do some good, and then I get some business going myself. But I don't know all of those things, because I've only seen two scripts. I don't know all that stuff yet, but I can deduce that this guy is wealthy and has a lot of muscle and connections. Anybody like that in Russia would be connected to the FSB somehow.

IGN: In the past on Arrow, and this goes for pretty much any superhero project, the best villains are always those characters with a close, personal connection to the hero. As you start interacting with Stephen Amell in these episodes, are we going to see that sort of relationship form between the two characters?

Lundgren: Yeah. I've already formed some of that in my mind, because I try to find similarities and connections with him in the past, even though I don't know all the past episodes, and we've never seen anything with Kovar and Oliver before. But I think certainly, yes, there are some common elements in the past. He's kind of in the same line of work I am, a little bit. I think there's a mutual respect there. I think that Kovar wants to use this guy for something, otherwise he'd be shot in the back of the head and dumped off in a ditch somewhere. [laughs] He would never have even been brought in to see me. I gave orders to keep the guy alive for some reason.

IGN: I did want to directly touch on a Rocky-related question before we wrap up. We know that there's a Creed sequel in the works, and there's been a lot of fan speculation about what it would be like seeing Ivan Drago again. If that did happen, is it something you be interested in being a part of and revisiting that character after all this time?

Lundgren: Well, I've always said no to that, because I kind of thought that's who the character was. He only lives in that one picture back in the Soviet era. I think it would have to be a really special project for me to want to do that again. Obviously, I'm 30 years older, so it'd have to be done in a very clever way. There's only one person who could do that character, and we know who that is, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/15/ ... ivan-drago

- Dolph Lundgren sobre el arco invitado de Konstantin Kovar (accesshollywood):
Dolph Lundgren sobre el arco invitado de Konstantin Kovar
Por AcessHollywood 16 Nov, 2016 9:27 AM PST

Dolph Lundgren made his debut on The CW's "Arrow" last week as Konstantin Kovar, the flashback storyline villain Oliver Queen is on a mission to kill in Russia.

Konstantin, who works for the Russian government, has the upper hand though, having captured the new Bratva member.

Imposing, commanding, smart and powerful, Dolph's "Arrow" character is clearly going to be a major challenge to the younger (long-haired) Oliver.

On Tuesday, Lundgren told AccessHollywood.com more about his new role, what convinced him to join the show and about meeting "Arrow's" Stephen Amell while the series star was in what sounds like his flashback sequences wig.

AccessHollywood.com: Wendy Mericle, one of the producers on the show, was telling me that when they were looking to bring you onto the show, they wrote you a letter. What in the letter helped sway you?
Dolph Lundgren: Well, they were huge fans of mine and they knew a lot about my career and so forth. But I think what really swayed me was the script, because I read the character and I thought it was an interesting chance to kind of take my Russian persona from 'Rocky IV' and what have you and kind of have some fun with it and make kind of an updated version – somebody who's kind of a little bit older and a little more sophisticated maybe. Different type of guy, but still tough.

Access: For sure. So Marc Guggenheim, another one of the executive producers I've talked to … he said when he was watching the dailies come back -- when you were shooting your first scenes -- he picked up the phone and immediately extended your deal. What made you want to stay longer on the show than you were originally booked for? I think that’s really cool.
Lundgren: Thank you. Well, one was that they asked me, and two was I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the character, I enjoyed working with Stephen, the lead, and I enjoyed the director I worked with. ... It was very well organized and it was kind of quite cinematic actually the way they shot it and I haven't done much television, except, I've been on comedy shows and stuff like that, but I haven't done dramatic TV. I don't think I've ever done anything. So actually, the way things are moving now with the equipment and the cameras and everything, it's kind of like making a film, like making a movie, so it was a really nice experience.

Access: Now did you know Stephen? I don't know if you'd met him before at some event or anything like that? Or was 'Arrow' your first encounter with Mr. Amell?
Lundgren: No, the first encounter was me, in a tuxedo, ready for my, scene and he walked on wearing some wig or something. … We said hi and he said, 'This is not my real hair.' (laughs). And I said, 'It's OK, I know.' He had a funny wig on. And that's how we met.

Access: Obviously we're really looking forward to seeing the action/fighting side of you, but I'm curious about about your character Konstantin Kovar. Is he going to be sort of a slow roll out? He's definitely a bit of a man of mystery right now to us.
Lundgren: Yeah, well, he's a man of mystery to me too because, you know, I'm not creating this show (laughs). … And that's another fun thing about it different than a feature, because you know where it's going, but here, you don't really know and I guess nobody really knows until they see the footage. And like Guggenheim said, he saw the footage and they changed their idea of I guess how the character's displayed and so forth. But ... he is a mystery guy. He obviously is an enemy of Stephen's character, but there is something there in him, where I think there's a little feeling of there may be more to it than meets the eye, because there are other players in … that arena that are also bad or negative. So, there may be different shades in this guy that we haven't seen yet.

Access: Do you think he might have any interest in converting Oliver to his side?
Lundgren: (Laughs) Well, that would be nice. … Yeah, for sure. I think there's some interest of that, definitely. … Yeah, I find there's sort of a desire for my character to explain himself and to sort of make the other fellow understand what I'm doing and I think the next step to that would be to kind of try to sway him maybe to come over to our side.

Access: How soon 'til we get to see you doing some fighting and action stuff? You know that we're all waiting to see that.
Lundgren: Well, there's a little bit in the next episode. There's a little bit there and hopefully more to come.

Access: Finally, let me just ask you, has this been a blast for you? Are you having a lot of fun doing 'Arrow'?
Lundgren: Yes, it has been a blast. It's fun to play this character. I think he was well-written and I have a lot of fun with it, and the fact that I don't really know where it's going is interesting because I have to keep the character alive sort of within myself over quite a long period of [time]. ... I know it's going to be six months for sure because I'm doing some stuff in February. So yeah, that's interesting. And yeah, it's sort of endearing to have this Kovar fellow be there almost every day in my life too, to be ready for the next shot. So I'm enjoying it. I'm sure the future will be even better.

https://www.accesshollywood.com/article ... guest-arc/

- Estrellas de ARROW adelantan el debut de Vigilante, el nuevo villano de los flashbacks Dolph Lundgren y más (nerdist):
Estrellas de ARROW adelantan el debut de Vigilante, el nuevo villano de los flashbacks Dolph Lundgren y más
Por Sydney Bucksbaum 16 Nov, 2016

The Green Arrow (Stephen Amell) is hardly the only vigilante in town on Arrow these days. Along with his original team members, he now has four new recruits suiting up to save the city along with him. But in Wednesday night’s new episode, Oliver and the rest of his team are going to learn there is a new vigilante in Star City—and this one isn’t worried about holding back his killer instinct.

The CW’s comic book series is finally going to debut the iconic DC Comics character Vigilante in the aptly titled episode, “Vigilante.” When the bodies of two criminals are dropped at SCPD, the team is split about whether they should stop someone who is helping keep the city safe or let this new Vigilante keep on doing his work.

“‘Vigilante’ is another episode where it’s kind of Oliver holding up a mirror a little bit and seeing whether or not what he is doing is having an impact,” Amell told Nerdist on set in Vancouver. “And the thing that I like about the episode is that he learns that even if it’s not going as quickly as he wants, they really are on the right path. This isn’t the happiest that Oliver has ever been, but this is the most resolute and confident that he has been in his path. So that ‘Vigilante’ episode is another opportunity for him to learn that and become more resolute.”

Comic book fans know that the man behind the Vigilante mask (spoiler!) is District Attorney Adrian Chase (Josh Segarra)—at least in the comics—so does that mean that Oliver’s new work acquaintance has more in common with him than he thinks?

“I don’t want to say too much, because I’m actually really excited to surprise everybody,” Segarra explained to Nerdist on set. “We get to meet Vigilante. What’s been important to me is that when I watch something that’s based off literary script, I’m excited to see the parts that I imagined in my head the most. So when I started reading the Vigilante comics, there were of course parts that I was just, ‘Oh, my God, I hope I get to do this! Or I hope I get to go down on this road!’ And so far I’m getting to do a lot of those things. Episode 7, when you finally meet Vigilante, it’s a pretty exciting time, I think, for Chase and for the Vigilante.”

Another larger than life character viewers will finally get to meet in this episode is Konstantin Kovar (Dolph Lundgren) in Russia in the flashback storyline. This is the man Oliver has been trying to find and kill all season long, and he finally came face-to-face with the formidable government strongman at the very end of last week’s episode.

“It’s interesting watching someone that has cut their teeth in film walk onto a 23-episode-a-year television show with 14-hour days, because he just moves at his own pace,” Amell said with a laugh. “It’s not indulgent; when he came to set, he knew his stuff – not that I expected anything less – he was very respectful, he asked a lot of questions, he’d clearly done his homework, but it’s like … Dolph moves the way that he moves and he’s very thoughtful and contemplates his lines. He’s been great so far, but it’s a real change of pace. I do think that it would’ve been a missed opportunity in the last year of these flashbacks to not have a really worthy adversary, and we’ve found that in Dolph, which is why he’ll be around for a while. It’s been a blast to work with him – it’s been awesome.”

And speaking of different timelines, ever since Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) reset the timeline on Arrow spinoff series The Flash, little changes have trickled down to Arrow, like Diggle (David Ramsey) now having a baby son instead of a baby daughter. So far, Barry has only told Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) about this shocking change to Diggle’s life. Will Diggle ever learn about his lost child?

“I can tell you, it is important that he finds out,” Ramsey explained to Nerdist on set. “Secrets don’t say secrets for long, as you know. People say that all the time on this show and that’s true. I think his reaction is going to be a lot more compassionate. Diggle can’t miss something he’s never had. He’s being told he had a daughter but he doesn’t know he had a daughter so he can’t really miss it. So it’s less of what you think his reaction might be because we have the benefit of knowing he had a daughter because he doesn’t know. So I think his reaction is going to be a lot more compassionate toward Barry, who has this extraordinary power and just kind of recklessly used it.”

http://nerdist.com/arrow-stars-tease-vi ... -and-more/

- Dolph Lundgren: Kovar quiere usar a Oliver como una herramienta (screenrant):
Dolph Lundgren: Kovar quiere usar a Oliver como una herramienta
Por Chris E. Hayner 16 Nov, 2016

When Konstantin Kovar (Dolph Lundgren) arrived on "Arrow," not much was known about him: He's a crime boss, with connections to the government, who definitely does not like Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) or his connection to Bratva.

As Lundgren tells us though, there's more to Kovar than you might expect.

"Oliver is somebody I don't like a lot. I'm not a big fan of what he does, but I'm a fan of the man to some extent, and his skill," he says. "I think that's why he's still alive. There's something I want from him, I need him for something."

What, exactly, he needs remains a mystery -- possibly even to Lundgren himself. "I know a little more than you but not much more," he admits. At current, the actor has only shot two episodes of the series.

But until he's called back to the set to film more, Lundgren is doing something he doesn't normally have the chance to experience: Keeping his character alive.

"I do whatever I can to keep him alive so I can easily step into him the next time. I don't just let him go. And that's kind of fun," he says. "I didn't realize that but you become closer to the character in many films, where it's done in three or four months."

It also leaves him with an uncertain future for Kovar, though. After all, Lundgren doesn't know how his character's story will end. However, he does have some ideas. "Kovar isn't totally in control of everything going on and this Oliver character is somebody Kovar looks to and knows he can use somehow," Lundgren says.

While Kovar's future is a mystery, the answer may be found in his past -- one it sounds like he shares with Oliver.

"You're going to learn that there's more to Kovar than meets the eye and there's more to our common history than we think and even Oliver knows," Lundgren says.

http://screenertv.com/television/arrow- ... ver-queen/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Q&A Facebook Live with Rick Gonzalez (15-11-16):

https://www.facebook.com/CWArrow/videos ... 920887642/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 5.08 "Invasion":
5.08 "Invasion" (30/11/16): ARROW CELEBRA 100 EPISODIOS; EL ÉPICO CROSSOVER DE SUPERHÉROES CONTINÚA — Oliver (Stephen Amell) se despierta en una vida donde nunca se montó en el Gambit de los Queen. Robert (la estrella invitada Jamey Sheridan) y Moira Queen (la estrella invitada Susanna Thompson) están vivos y bien. Laurel (la estrella invitada Katie Cassidy) es su amada prometida y su boda es inminente. Todo parece perfecto, pero Oliver empieza a notar pequeñas imperfecciones que le hacen cuestionarse esta nueva realidad. Mientras tanto, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) y los reclutas se encargan de una nueva amenaza con la ayuda de The Flash (la estrella invitada Grant Gustin) y Supergirl (la estrella invitada Melissa Benoist). James Bamford dirige el episodio con historia de Greg Berlanti y escrito por Marc Guggenheim & Wendy Mericle (ARW508).

Junto a la descripción del episodio, la CW también ha revelado la de los otros episodios del cuádruple crossover de este año, que podéis encontrar aquí:

SUPERGIRL

THE FLASH

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

http://www.ksitetv.com/flash/invasion-d ... es/129905/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes y videos bts de la S5 (16 Nov-17 Dic 2016):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@echokells: You better be watching #Arrow tonight. You don't want to F with this crew, trust me. #TerrificSmoak #RaglicityHolt @emilybett @joedinicolofficial
@emilybett: Come over for fashion, friends, fun, and #ARROW tonight! Bring that FUEGO
@MadisonMcLaugh: Just doing our part to reduce Star City's carbon footprint. All new @CW_Arrow tonight on @TheCW
@officialrickg: Tonight, I may or may not go shopping with @EchoK for new toys.... Tune in tonight for an all new #Arrow to find out! #WildDog
@davidpaulramsey: Thank you to all my Happy Birthday wishers!!! I can't think of a better cast to spend this day with! A million thanks to all!!!
@ArrowProdOffice: Oh @Team_Barrowman, do we ever get a kick out of you! #legsfordays #showgirls #Arrow
@PaulBlackthorne: Great working with @officialrickg yesterday. Good man. Good actor. #ArrowSeason5 #Arrow
@FLASHProdOffice: The cast wall was overflowing for #TheFlashCrossover #TheFlash
@dccomics: Ok West Coast, @davidpaulramsey and I know you felt that crossover. #Arrow100 is in the books but the fun doesn't stop tonight! Tune in tomorrow on LOT for the epic #DCWeek finale! - @echokells #Arrow
@dccomics: OTA is in the building y'all! @emilybett @stephenamell and @davidpaulramsey are the best people to work with. Silly, professional and down right raunchy. We have the most fun when we work together! - @echokells #Arrow #DCWeek
@dccomics: This cast has been an absolute pleasure to work with and @paulblackthorne and @coltonlhaynes really embody that spirit. Celebrating with our 100 cake in the background. - @echokells #DCWeek #Arrow
@dccomics: This is @rickgonzalez and I's, We hope y'all enjoyed the 100th episode, dap east coast. Part 4 of Crossover week concludes tomorrow with @cw_legendsoftomorrow #DCWeek #Arrow
@dccomics: West Coast, your turn in 40! And I couldn't do this takeover without throwing a shout out to all the #olicity fans out there. They've always been great to me! - @echokells #Arrow #DCWeek
@officialrickg: Tonight, it ain't all smiles on the #Arrow100 episode crossover. #Arrow
@james2bambamford: 100TH crew...... @caitylotz @stephenamell @davidpaulramsey @realsladewilson
@james2bambamford: Attention to detail like no other.....our characters have their own business cards! #Arrow
@james2bambamford: Big Daddy Queen!
@james2bambamford: Goodbyes........
@james2bambamford: Pappa Queen in the house!! #Arrow 100TH
@james2bambamford: Spending time with friends is a blessing. It matters not how long it's been....... th. #Arrow
@james2bambamford: Welcoming @julianaharkavy into the #Arrow fold......this girl is one badass!
@caitylotz: SPOILER! Special guest star appearance my dad as Bartender Joe see if you can spot him tonight! #arrow
@PaulBlackthorne: #GreenArrow by night #MayorHandsome by day @StephenAmell #Arrow
@stephenamell: Working with @PaulBlackthorne in a nutshell
@ready2prop: #techsupport goes #tactical #ep207 #bts
@MadisonMcLaugh: Happy Chrismukkuh from Arrow! #ArrowMidseasonFinale
@MadisonMcLaugh: Love my brother @officialrickg What are y'all Central & East Coasters thinking of Wild Dog, Evie & the team so far #ArrowMidseasonFinale
@MadisonMcLaugh: I love lovin' on my Arrow team. Cuddles make the whole betraying-your-surrogate-family thing a little more manageable, you know?
@StephenAmell: That's a wrap on 513 with the lovely Kristin Windell at the controls!
@ready2prop: Heroes out standing #setlife #rooftopSHOW #ep207 #dc #legendsoftomorrow #bts #legendsofflarrowgirl #crossover)

Videos:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNcaVUThx3Z/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNchVK9Bjeu/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNc0X-lhn-K/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNdKImCDMBx/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNdvD6jhgWo/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNdrTdlhVCp/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOEr48iBukY/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BObpMOdh7JF/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 5.09 "What We Leave Behind":
5.09 "What We Leave Behind" (07/12/16): PROMETHEUS HACE UN MOVIMIENTO MORTAL CONTRA OLIVER Y EL EQUIPO — Después de que Prometheus ataque a Curtis (Echo Kellum), Oliver (Stephen Amell) se da cuenta de que Prometheus conoce todas las identidades decretas del Team Arrow y está planeando el ir a por ellos uno a uno. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) y el Detective Malone (la estrella invitada Tyler Ritter)descubren una pista que enlaza a Prometheus con el pasado de Oliver. Antonio Negret dirige el episodio escrito por Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz (AR509).

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-5-9-s ... ve-behind/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ARROW Stills del 5.08 "Invasion":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- SUPERGIRL Stills del 2.08 "Medusa":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- THE FLASH Stills del 3.08 "Invasion":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Stills del 2.07 "Invasion":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stephen Amell adelanta el Episodio 100 ('Una marcha radical') y sus 'Terapéuticas' despedidas (TVLine):
Stephen Amell adelanta el Episodio 100 ('Una marcha radical') y sus 'Terapéuticas' despedidas
Por Vlada Gelman / 21 Nov 2016, 6:00 AM PST

There will be no mistaking Arrow‘s milestone 100th episode — airing Nov. 30, in the middle of the CW series’ crossover event with Supergirl, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow — for any of the 99 that came before it.

“It is such a radical departure from anything that we have ever done on the show,” star Stephen Amell attested during TVLine’s visit to the show’s Vancouver set. “We utilize the fantastical elements that we bring in on The Flash and carry through to Legends of Tomorrow with the present-day storyline to create something… that is not a flashback [or] a flash-forward. It’s something else entirely.”

As detailed in the official description, “Oliver wakes up to a life where he never got on The Queen’s Gambit.” Robert and Moira Queen (guest stars Jamey Sheridan and Susanna Thompson) are alive and well, while Oliver’s wedding to Laurel (Katie Cassidy) is imminent. “Everything seems perfect, but Oliver starts to notice small imperfections that make him question this new reality.”

The unique scenario “basically gives us license to do whatever we want,” Amell said, “and to show some things that we’ll never be able to show, to have some characters interact that will never be able to interact on the show again — probably.”

In the process, Oliver will finally get a sense of closure with his dearly departed loved ones.

“There [is] a very therapeutic moment for my character towards the end [of the Arrow episode] where I get to say goodbye to people that I never got the chance to say goodbye to,” Amell reveals.

That exchange is probably responsible for this rave review from executive producer Marc Guggenheim: “There’s one moment… that I think is probably Stephen’s finest performance to date. This one scene, that really has two moments within the one scene, will break your heart. It will take your heart, pull it out and stomp it on the floor. It’s very, very affecting. It’s all on Stephen’s back. It’s incredible.”

http://tvline.com/2016/11/21/arrow-spoi ... -goodbyes/

- Los nuevos reclutas de "Arrow" revelan sus reacciones antre el C rossover de la Invasion de la CW (CBR):
Los nuevos reclutas de "Arrow" revelan sus reacciones antre el C rossover de la Invasion de la CW
Por Meagan Damore 21 Nov 2016

Next week, Flash, Green Arrow, Supergirl, the Legends of Tomorrow and their friends will join forces for the very first time in order to battle the great unknown: an alien invasion. While superhero team-ups are old hat for the likes of the Emerald Archer and the Scarlet Speedster, it’s a whole new world for Wild Dog, Ragman and Artemis, “Arrow’s” newest recruits. At the celebration of “Arrow’s” 100th episode, Rick Gonzalez, Joe Dinicol and Madison McLaughlin weighed in on how their characters will react to an influx of metahumans and aliens.

Asked if he could confirm that he was in the crossover, Gonzalez– who plays Wild Dog — said, “Yes. Yes, I can. And I can also say that he has a gigantic dislike for metahumans and aliens.”

Of course, that dislike for metahumans and aliens isn’t exactly out of character for Wild Dog, who has struggled to work with a team and constantly challenges authority figures. According to Gonzalez, however, there’s a little more to his dislike for metahumans beyond his stubbornness. “I’ll leave that for the audience to see in episode 8. He has his reasons.”

As to whether or not the upcoming “Invasion!” crossover will justify these prejudices in Wild Dog’s mind, Gonzalez added, “I can’t really say, but what I can say is just — I just want to put out there that he doesn’t really want to get along with the metahumans and aliens, so I think the idea of the Dominators and all that stuff is all just crap to him. I think the audience will get a kick and kind of see who is and why he dislikes these people so much and how that might change him in a way. I think every moment is a moment for Wild Dog to kind of grow, and that’s kind of nice, so we’ll see that. Even episode 3 we kind of got a glimpse into him realizing that he isn’t more of a team player.”

Dinicol, who plays Ragman, was also quick to confirm his involvement with the episode. “The great thing about the show is that the show uses humor in a really wonderful way to deal with some of this stuff, even just from the name Ragman,” he explained. “It’s not just said and then they’re like, ‘Yeah, that’s a normal thing that we do. We call someone Ragman.’ There’s certainly humor, especially within the new group. ‘Oh, now there’s an alien invasion. Okay, well, I’m Ragman. Okay, we’ve just got to swallow that.’ So certainly humor will be part of that, and then the seriousness of the situation will also dictate how they deal with it.”

Unlike Gonzalez and Dinicol, McLaughlin would neither confirm nor deny Artemis’ involvement in the 100th episode. “I cannot confirm anything! I can tell you that the 100th episode is really special, and — as a fan of the show — when I read the script, I cried and I laughed and I got very nostalgic,” she shared. “I mean, so many of our cast from Season 1 comes back, so it’s really special to see that, especially as a fan of the show. It’s really cool.”

Of course, McLaughlin’s reluctance to confirm Artemis for the 100th episode could be due to recent events on “Arrow.” After all, last episode’s stinger revealed she has been working on Prometheus, who very much has it out for Green Arrow. As such, she could be discovered — or even simply leave the team — at any time now

Though she didn’t offer too many details, she did discuss the idea of metahumans in the “Arrow”-verse, saying, “There is some fun stuff! The Flash is in the crossover, and there’s some really cool stuff. Actually, in [a recent] episode, we created — I shouldn’t say ‘we’ — Wild Dog created a metahuman, which was really fun to see the stunts and to see the makeup and prosthetics that went into that. We had so much fun shooting that episode. Cody Rhodes was so cool and so sweet and so awesome. It was just like the best thing to happen.”

As to whether or not the idea of an alien invasion will alter the way Evelyn sees the world she’s a part of, she added, “I think absolutely, it definitely opens the eyes, especially of our new recruits. It kind of gives them a taste of what they signed up for and what this life is and what goes on. It’s cool to kind of see them take that in.”

Starring Stephen Amell as the Emerald Archer, “Arrow” airs Wednesdays at 8 pm ET/PT on The CW. The series also stars Emily Bett Rickards, David Ramsey, John Barrowman, Willa Holland and more.

http://www.cbr.com/arrows-new-recruits- ... crossover/?

- Echo Kellum habla sobre Arrow (WeGotThisCovered):
Echo Kellum habla sobre Arrow
Por Eric Joseph 22 Nov 2016

With superheroes dominating the small screen in recent years, we’ve not only seen a new generation of talented young actors run with the torch passed to them when portraying some of the most iconic characters to ever leap off the page, but many are also being brought to life for the first time. Having said that, it makes the current era doubly exciting.

A fine example of the latter is that of Mr. Terrific – Curtis Holt in this incarnation – who makes his live action debut courtesy of brilliant performances delivered by Echo Kellum. Unlike most burgeoning vigilantes, Kellum had the opportunity to flesh out his character for a full year before officially suiting up as part of Team Arrow.

It’s kind of funny how that brings an interesting dynamic to the character. Originally a tech savvy genius who helped Felicity Smoak at Palmer Technologies, Curtis was undeniably untouchable when behind a computer screen, something now juxtaposed with him hitting the learning curve when it comes to being a vigilante. Kellum agreed with my observation during our recent interview, adding that his character is “definitely touchable in the streets.”

When you think about it, it doesn’t really surprise one to see Kellum pull off this feat. In addition to having a knack for comedy, he also possesses a passion for writing and directing as well as currently working on a hip-hop album. If ever there were a personification of “renaissance man,” it is he.

I recently had the distinct privilege of chatting with Echo, geek to geek. It was a real treat to discuss his time on the hit show Arrow as well as gaining insight into his craft. See what he had to say below, and enjoy!

WGTC: When you originally auditioned for the role of Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific, were you aware that it was him that you would possibly play or did you suspect another character? Also, were you previously familiar with him?

Echo Kellum: I’m vaguely familiar with the character of Mr. Terrific. I’ve tried to be abreast of all the black superheroes as much as I can. I’ve never read comics about him before. But when I went in to read for the character, I had no idea in any way, shape, or form that he’d be called Mr. Terrific or in any way be related to any superhero. I just thought of him as a tech guy who would possibly help Felicity.

They made a comment like, “I feel you and Emily [Bett Rickards] would have pretty good chemistry together.” And then they called me back to read for [executive producers/showrunners] Marc [Guggenheim] and Wendy [Mericle] and they let me know at the end of the audition that the character is Mr. Terrific. So I was kind of blown away and like “Whoa!” To play a comic book character, that’s something I always wanted to do.

WGTC: The advantage TV has over cinema is that you can develop and introduce characters over the course of 23 episodes, something you just can’t achieve in a movie. As an actor, did you find it more rewarding to flesh out Curtis for a full year before putting on the costume?

EK: Oh, definitely. I never got to experience more than one season on a show, playing one character, so it was pretty cool to come back the next season. It’s like, “oh yeah, you’re playing the same character.” It’s very cool. That’s not something I ever got to do in my career. I’m starting to really gel with Curtis. There are a lot of similarities between myself and him. He’s such a fun character to play, so I’m very thankful… I can’t wait to see where he’s going.

WGTC: It’s been revealed that Katie Cassidy will return as Laurel Lance in some form in the midseason premiere. Will Curtis have any interaction with her? Furthermore, what do you think her death meant to him even though he hadn’t known her as long as the rest of the team had?

EK: You know, I really think Curtis liked Canary, man. He thought she was bad ass. It definitely played, I think, a part in his decision that he didn’t want to be helpless anymore, that he wanted to be able to protect himself, his husband, his family, people he cares about. She’s definitely a motivator. She definitely played a part in him deciding he wanted to choose this lifestyle. And I think that’s why Oliver’s so tough on everyone because he doesn’t want anyone to end up like Canary and killed in the field.

Curtis definitely will interact with her. I can’t really give up too much as far as what that interaction will be… We’ll see how it plays out.

WGTC: Very soon we have the big four-show crossover, which I think is a first in the history of television. What was it like to take part in history and did you get to guest star on any other shows? Or are you just on Arrow’s part of it?

EK: Well, I am just on Arrow’s part of the crossover, but I definitely played an integral part in helping them figure out exactly what’s going on with the Dominators. The comic book crossovers are everything I look forward to the most. You know, when all the heroes have to come into one world because one villain was so powerful that even some of the villains have to team up with the heroes.

To be able to play a part in that, to be in a landscape that really has never been approached before in this type of way on TV is… I am, once again, very thankful and fortunate that I got to play a part in the show. This part of me is like, “I can’t believe my life.” I’m just gonna keep rolling with it. It was so cool to get to work with Supergirl, The Flash, and all them. I can’t wait to see that episode, all those episodes.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/exclusiv ... lks-arrow/

- Echo Kellum habla sobre el viaje de Mr. Terrific a través de la "épica" Midseason Finale de "Arrow":
Echo Kellum habla sobre el viaje de Mr. Terrific a través de la "épica" Midseason Finale de "Arrow"
Por Russ Burlingame 23/11/2016

Just because there's no Arrow this week doesn't mean we aren't eager to talk some more about it. Especially with the Invasion! crossover looming, followed by a midseason finale that promises to be pretty crazy, there's a lot of enthusiasm for Arrow online right now.

Who's particularly enthusiastic? Echo Kellum, who plays Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific on the hit CW superhero series. Kellum has been a key player in the show's fifth season, one of a number of new recruits to Team Arrow and a series regular, up from his recurring role last season.

He's also going to be smack-dab in the center of things come the crossover episodes in two weeks -- meaning that as the show enters production on its twelfth season 5 episode, he's actually feeling pretty relaxed, all things considered.

"For sure, compared to episode 8 and 9, definitely," Kellum told ComicBook.com when we asked whether the current production load is less than it was a month ago. "It's so much fun in these episodes to get into the meat of what's going on. With the crossover, there was a lot going on and then our midseason finale is pretty epic. Things are a lot more tame now -- or as tame as they can be on Arrow."

That "epic" midseason finale puts Curtis in personal danger, it was recently revealed, as Prometheus goes after him in his personal life due to his ties to the Green Arrow.

What does this mean for Curtis and his husband, who at this point doesn't yet know that he's married to Mr. Terrific?

"I definitely think it's going to be something that's unavoidable for Curtis and his husband to deal with, at the point where Prometheus actually does that," Kellum said. "You're going to see where they are, what they decide to do from there, and where Curtis decides to go from there, in terms of if he can be a functional member of the team and stuff like that. It's oging to be a lot of emotional stuff to deal with, but what's happening is a really interesting journey for Curtis and I think when people see the final outcome of the decisions that are going to be made and the path that we're on toward our season finale, they're really going to dig it."

Another journey that's been a pleasure to watch? Kellum said he was as impressed as anybody else when he and the cast found out that Artemis was secretly an agent of Prometheus (revealed at the end of last week's episode). He noted that it puts a totally different perspective on all those scenes where she and Curtis are training together and she's beating him easily. Originally played for humor since Madison McLaughlin, who plays Madison, is so much smaller than Kellum, those sequences now seem a bit more menacing.

Supergirl airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT; The Flash on Tuesdays at the same time; Arrow on Wednesdays and DC's Legends of Tomorrow on Thursdays. All four series air on The CW. The "Invasion!" crossover will air beginning November 28.

http://comicbook.com/2016/11/24/echo-ke ... pic-midse/

- Las estrellas de Arrow, Flash, y Supergirl explican la magia que los hace elevarse (EW):
Las estrellas de Arrow, Flash, y Supergirl explican la magia que los hace elevarse
Por Jeff Jensen & Natalie Abrams 28 Nov 2016 — 11:50 AM EST

Once upon a time, Christopher Reeve put on a cape and made us believe a man can fly.

On this blustery October afternoon, Melissa Benoist, star of Supergirl, is about to prove that a woman in a suit can soar too.

We’re on the set of the most comic-booky thing you’ll see on TV this year, an epic team-up of superheroes culled from The CW’s spinner rack of graphic-novel pop: Arrow, The Flash, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and yes, the one about the strange visitor from another planet who’s faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to shatter glass ceilings in a single bound. The story that weaves through the four-night crossover event (beginning Nov. 28 on Supergirl) involves a meaner type of alien: the Dominators, mind-controlling space invaders alarmed by Earth’s surging population of metahumans. Concerned about our culture’s superhero glut? Apparently you’re not alone.

Exactly 15 characters from four shows — all produced by small-screen powerhouse Greg Berlanti — have assembled in an airplane hangar outside Vancouver. It’s doubling for an aeronautics facility that’s part of S.T.A.R. Labs, but special effects will later remodel this big bland box to slyly evoke an iconic piece of cartoon architecture: the Hall of Justice from the 1970s Super Friends series. Almost none of the avengers assembled are wearing their costumes (laundry day, I guess), but their civilian attire allows the one with the big red S on her chest to make an impression.

In the scene, the Flash’s alter ego, Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), is introducing Supergirl to his fellow freedom fighters after fetching the Maiden of Might from her alternate-reality Earth. There’s another, implied layer of significance to this ceremonious meet-and-greet: Supergirl, which aired on CBS last season, is new to The CW this year, and so the moment represents a welcoming party, albeit one that plays like a confirmation hearing. Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), a.k.a. Green Arrow, and his right-hand man, John “Spartan” Diggle (David Ramsey), stand with arms folded, wanting to know what makes Supergirl so super. She launches into the air, hovers, and descends. “I’m convinced,” says Diggle.

In actuality, the stunt is more complicated than that, and less graceful, too. It requires hoisting Benoist into the air as she jumps using a harness and pulley hanging from the rafters. Off timing results in some awkward effects, and it takes a few tries to get a shot in which she isn’t listing and wobbling. The hardest part for Benoist? The all-star squadron of spectators. “I’m usually in the comfort zone of my own set, where we have a system down. So to do it in front of all these people in a different place, I was nervous,” she says. “It took a little dialing-in to get it down.” Judging from the admiring gazes of her fellow actors, Benoist sold the illusion.

“I was geeking out,” says Candice Patton (The Flash’s Iris West), who was on set for this moment and idolized Catwoman and Supergirl as a kid. “It’s so cool, especially as a girl, and a young girl who grew up looking up to those characters.”

The elevating success of Supergirl is equally appreciated among the less-colorful suits who run The CW. This season, the shows that constitute the so-called Arrowverse anchor four nights of programming, potently expressing the brand identity cultivated by network president Mark Pedowitz: high-concept, serialized genre soaps engineered for intense emotional investment. “We’re not just a home for superheroes, but we’re very proud to have them,” he says.

The Arrowverse has an alternate moniker, the Berlantiverse, named after the producer who presides over it, and he has some feelings about the term. “I object to it, to be honest. There are just so many people that are also part of this,” says Berlanti, 44, whose prodigious output began with Everwood in 2002 and currently includes Blindspot on NBC. “Plus, you never want anything named after you that people could be upset or angry about.”

Produced in collaboration with Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg, Berlanti’s small-screen treatments of Warner Bros.’ DC Comics properties offer an alternative — some might argue a correction — to the studio’s big-screen superhero pop, including the apocalyptic heavy metal of Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel flicks and the bubblegum nihilism of David Ayer’s Suicide Squad. All heightened-reality serials wrestle with tone and indulge darkness to stay interesting, and Berlanti’s shows are no exception. Still, the Arrowverse actually likes superheroes, believes in superheroes, and knows how to have fun with them — and critique them — without deconstructing them to smithereens. They possess the levity of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (still the genre’s gold standard), and the progressiveness of its best TV offerings (Jessica Jones, Luke Cage), but they have a more carefree embrace of melodrama and whimsy.

And more so than ever, the Arrowverse has been hitting the creative bull’s-eye this fall. The Flash, Arrow, and Legends are bouncing back after rocky seasons, and Supergirl has been soaring after launching a genuinely credible, compelling, and charismatic Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) and giving the Arrowverse its first lesbian series regular when Kara’s stepsister, Alex (Chyler Leigh), came out last week. Each show has a singular identity, but they all share winning values that are shaping the tenor of new-century superheroes. Those qualities, Berlanti says, begin here:

1. THEY HAVE A SILVER-AGE SOUL

The rise of the Arrowverse lies in the ruin of another superhero dream. In 2007, Berlanti, Guggenheim, and Michael Green (Heroes) wrote a film script that would become Green Lantern starring Ryan Reynolds. Their reference point was the Silver Age of comics, the midcentury renaissance that rebooted Golden Age characters, launched a Marvel revolution, and injected modernist themes — irreverence, psychological angst, social concerns, space-age wonder, and atomic-age anxiety — into the fantasy. But their vision was muddied when Berlanti lost the director’s job to Martin Campbell and the script was rewritten. After collecting more learning experiences on TV projects including the short-lived ABC show No Ordinary Family, Berlanti and Guggenheim pitched Arrow to Warner Bros. Their previous flameout taught them to insist on three things: “Control, control, and control,” says Guggenheim.

Arrow was a savvy cornerstone upon which to build a shared universe. The saga of a vengeful vigilante fitfully transforming into a more virtuous superhero, Arrow belonged to the Dark Knight moment but represented a slow pivot away from it, too. In 2014, Berlanti used Arrow to launch The Flash and broaden the possibilities of his storytelling. His interest in the character reveals a lot about his geek sensibilities. He fell for the Scarlet Speedster via Crisis on Infinite Earths, a comic crossover extravaganza first published in 1985 involving hundreds of characters, a mysterious big bad, and a cosmic plot with world-shattering stakes. Most fanboys remember Crisis as the mother of all reboots. Berlanti loved it as a thing unto itself, a crazy, sprawling, life-or-death melodrama. When it comes to managing the Arrowverse, “that’s my touchstone,” he says.

2. THEY AREN’T AFRAID OF SOAP OPERA

The Arrowverse is steeped in genuine relationship drama, something that has distinguished all of Berlanti’s work since his days as a writer on Dawson’s Creek. But this, too, is very comic-compatible. While other Hollywood geeks take the antihero masterpieces of Alan Moore (Watchmen) and Frank Miller (Sin City) as influences, Guggenheim and Kreisberg pull from sources before the medium’s adult-skewing age: the team comics of the early ’80s — Fantastic Four, The Uncanny X-Men, and The New Teen Titans — tales of makeshift families fraught with dysfunction and romance. “Those were my soaps,” says Kreisberg, adding he still tears up recalling The New Teen Titans #50, when Dick Grayson confronts Bruce Wayne at Donna Troy’s wedding about why he never adopted him back in the Batman and Robin days.

The emphasis on team dynamics — an idea inspired by Buffy the Vampire Slayer, says Berlanti — does more than generate sudsy feels. It leads to a nuanced, humane kind of superhero fantasy that subverts its queasiest aspect, the all-about-me wish fulfillment. The current season of The Flash began with Barry abusing his speed to change his tragic history, only to create a timeline that leads to loss for his friends and disenfranchised countless others. How does he respond? How does his community respond? This kind of story — a timely, woke allegory about power, privilege, guilt, atonement, and reconciliation — illuminates the third rail that charges Berlanti’s shows…

3. THEY’RE ABOUT SOMETHING

Ask Peter Roth, president of Warner Bros. Television, why Berlanti was ideal for Arrow, and he recalls the origin story of their relationship. “I read the script for Everwood on a Saturday in November of 2001, right after 9/11, and I thought it was such a brilliant metaphor and antidote for what was going on in our country,” says Roth. “My belief in him, along with one of the most compelling pitches I’ve ever heard, led to Arrow.”

Berlanti — openly gay, politically liberal, a father — continues to express his worldview and attitudes about diversity, equal rights, and justice through the Arrowverse. Legends of Tomorrow, an adventure about a motley band of time travelers, opened the season with its heroes averting a history-warping catastrophe by producing a smaller change: convincing Albert Einstein to publicly acknowledge the contributions of his wife to his work. This season Arrow is building toward a story in which Oliver Queen — who’s not only back to being a killer but is now also the mayor of Star City — will have to confront the consequences of his morally murky war on crime and terror. In a timely move, Supergirl recently introduced a female president, played by original Wonder Woman Lynda Carter. “These shows have to work on multiple levels,” says Berlanti. “You want them to be enjoyable. But if they’re not about something, why are you showing up to work every day and asking everybody to pour their heart and soul into a story if it’s only about the Flash fighting a villain of the week?”

As resonant as the Arrowverse has been, the immense imagination and spectacular ambitions of Berlanti’s shows will always be frustrated by limited time and resources. The clock could be ticking on the series that started it all: Stephen Amell thinks Arrow is at a crossroads following a tonally turbulent season 4. “We’re either going to do what we do and do it well, or it’s the last year,” he says. “If we find that magic formula — which is not magic, it’s just hard work and playing to your strengths — then the show could go on for a really long time.” Meanwhile, Berlanti continues to plot bold moves. Coming later this season: a Supergirl-Flash musical crossover. “We’ve always gone with our gut, and if we’ve liked it, we’ve been a little fearless about it,” he says. “We certainly made errors along the way. But that’s been part of the fun, too.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/28/ar ... over-story?

- Marc Guggenheim adelanta el Mega-Crossover, Celebrando el episodio 100 de ‘Arrow’ (Variety):
Marc Guggenheim adelanta el Mega-Crossover, Celebrando el episodio 100 de ‘Arrow’
Por Jacob Bryant 29 Nov, 2016 | 11:48AM PT

When “Arrow” debuted in 2012, who knew it would become the launchpad to an enormous shared universe across four shows? The first show began by introducing Barry Allen in its second season, before “The Flash” became it’s own show. Then the two shows pulled off their first crossover in 2014, and last year “Arrow” and “The Flash” crossed over again while simultaneously launching a third show, “Legends of Tomorrow.”

Now, in what has become an annual end-of-year event, the Arrowverse is poised to pull off its biggest crossover yet with “Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Legends of Tomorrow” and the CW’s newest addition, “Supergirl.”

Variety spoke with executive producer Marc Guggenheim about the stress of planning a four-show crossover, celebrating “Arrow’s” 100th episode and more…

Two years ago was the first crossover; last year, the crossover launched a new show; this year, it’s a three-part crossover with four shows. Are you just trying to find new ways to make these crossovers more complicated every year?

It certainly seems to be what we’re doing. Every year we pull it off and it’s a small miracle, and then the next year we try to find a way to increase the degree of difficulty. Truth be told, the whole thing is really an exercise in insanity and we just keep making it harder and harder and harder on ourselves.

How difficult was it to schedule everything this year across the four shows?

It was definitely hard. The thing we learned from last year was ways to make scheduling more efficient. One thing we did this year was we built two shutdown days into “Flash” and “Arrow” and “Legends.” What that did was alleviate some of the pressure. It didn’t solve all of our scheduling problems by any stretch of the imagination, but it did improve the efficiency of things. From what I’ve been told from the actors, the scheduling actually went smoother this year than last year.

Did you get to be on set when everyone was there and suited up?

No! I wasn’t unfortunately. I tend to go up for the prep. It’s in the prep that I feel I can do the most good — or the most damage.

Why choose the Dominators as the villain for the crossover?

For us, it didn’t start out so much as, “Well let’s do the Dominators,” but it started out as us knowing we wanted an external threat — something that wasn’t tied to the mythology, or big bads, of any of the shows. We wanted it to be something that came outside the four shows to threaten the heroes and the world. From there, we landed on aliens invading, and when you’re in the DC Universe and you talk about aliens, our heads immediately went to “Invasion!” which was a story that didn’t introduce the Dominators, but popularized them.

Aliens are a big focus in “Supergirl,” but not so much with the other shows. How do the characters in “Flash,” “Arrow” and “Legends” react?

They all handle it a little differently. For a lot of these characters, they’ve reached the point where they’ve dealt with time travel, parallel universes and super powers, so were aliens that much of a leap? In the case of the crossover, I think Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) has the most visceral response to aliens. For him, it might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back, or the bridge to far, for him.

It’s also “Arrow’s” 100th episode. Did that add even more pressure to the crossover?

Yeah — to the point where we were wondering if it was even going to be possible. Greg [Berlanti] came up with a really terrific device that could only be done with the crossover, but works perfectly with the 100th episode of “Arrow” that really allowed us to have our cake and eat it too.

What kind of an impact do the new recruits in “Arrow” play in the crossover?

The recruits play a pretty large role in the crossover — probably a little larger role than people are expecting. You would think that with all of these different characters that the recruits would take a back seat, but they’re right there front and center. One of the fun things was seeing their reactions. I think Wild Dog’s (Rick Gonzalez) reaction is priceless.

Nate just got his costume last week in “Legends” and this is his first major team-up. How does he handle it?

In many respects, he’s got a pretty calm demeanor about it. In some respects, when you have all these characters, you kind of have to pick your spots. You don’t want to have this montage of characters standing there with their mouth agape. Thea (Willa Holland) and Diggle’s (David Ramsey) reaction, because they come from the most grounded show of the three, they tend to get most of those moments.

This is the first time the Legends have been back in 2016 since Flashpoint. Do they notice anything funky?

Yeah. Stein (Victor Garber) is going to notice something pretty funky, to use your word, when they get back.

Speaking of Stein, does the issue of the message from future Barry get brought up?

You’re going to hear more of the message, yes.

Would you consider doing another four-show crossover in the future, or do you want to keep them a little smaller going forward?

Truth be told, I think that’s something that is more up to the network and the audience. If there’s an appetite for it from the fans and from the network, I would think that next year we could do a proper four-part crossover.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/cw-cros ... 201928834/

- Andrew Kreisberg revela su equipo favorito del crossover de los superhéroes de la CW (CBR):
Andrew Kreisberg revela su equipo favorito del crossover de los superhéroes de la CW
Por Albert Ching 29 Nov 2016

A major part of the promise of any crossover is seeing characters interact who don’t normally get to share scenes. That certainly wasn’t lost on Andrew Kreisberg — an executive producer on “Supergirl,” “The Flash,” “Arrow” and “Legends of Tomorrow” — when approaching The CW’s “Invasion!” crossover between the four DC Comics-based superhero shows.

When asked by CBR during a Q&A Monday at The CW’s Burbank headquarters for his favorite meeting between unfamiliar characters in the crossover, Kreisberg picked the combination of what he dubbed “the most pure and good of heart” and “the biggest malcontent psychopath” — respectively Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and Heat Wave (Dominic Purcell), a former villain on “The Flash” turned series regular on “Legends of Tomorrow.” A glimpse of their dynamic was already seen last week in a promotional video (check out the clip below starting at around the 0:56 mark), with fans getting a kick out of their awkward meeting seen in full on tonight’s episode of “The Flash.” (Heat Wave: “I burned my family alive, and I like to light things on fire.” Supergirl: “That’s a… colorful back story.”)

“Watching Supergirl deal with Heat Wave was a lot of fun to write,” Kreisberg told CBR. “It’s not a stretch to see that Kara would get along with Barry, Sara, Ray, that group. But watching the two of them have to deal with each other? Those scenes were even longer, because you just start writing and the dialogue comes to you. They’re such polar opposites, it’s so easy to watch them play off of each other. That was probably the one that was the most fun for me, especially because I don’t get to do a lot of writing on ‘Legends.’ To get to sit down and write Mick Rory again, and have him [interact] with Kara, that was probably the most fun writing I got to do on the crossover.”

The “Invasion!” crossover is based on a 1988-1989 DC Comics story of the same name by Keith Giffen, Bill Mantlo, Todd McFarlane and Bart Sears. Like the comics series, this week’s crossover is centered around an alien race known as The Dominators attacking Earth — which brings together the heroes of all four shows (including Supergirl, who, as fans knows, lives on a separate Earth).

Following a short prelude in Monday’s “Supergirl,” the crossover continues tonight at 8 on The CW with “The Flash,” then tomorrow at 8 p.m. on “Arrow,” before concluding Thursday at 8 p.m. with “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.”

http://www.cbr.com/the-flash-ep-reveals ... crossover/?

- El Crossover de DC de la CW: ¿Por qué The Dominators? (ksitetv):
El Crossover de DC de la CW: ¿Por qué The Dominators?
Por Craig Byrne 29 Nov, 2016 Craig Byrne

This week’s DC Comics show crossover on The CW kicks into high gear with The Flash tonight, and many might be wondering how the shows’ producers landed upon using the alien Dominators from DC’s Invasion! crossover as the threat that the heroes unite to defeat.

Speaking to press yesterday, Arrow and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim discussed the genesis of the idea.

“It was Greg [Berlanti]’s idea to do the Dominators,” Guggenheim told the room. “I don’t want to speak for Greg, but I think the way it came out was we all collectively wanted the superheroes to face an external threat. And by external, I don’t mean extraterrestrial, I mean not a Big Bad from one of the shows; rather, a threat that came from outside of the shows. Greg just walked in one day and was like, ‘Let’s do Invasion!‘ I think we both had the exact same twin reactions: that’s totally awesome and oh my God, how the hell are we going to do that?” he recalled.

invasion1“I’m a big fan of that particular series and I’m a big Bill Mantlo fan,” Guggenheim said, referencing the prolific comic book writer of the 1970s and 1980s who was sadly struck down by a hit and run driver in 1992. In addition to creating or co-creating such characters as Marvel’s Rocket Raccoon and the soon-to-be-a-Freeform-TV-series Cloak and Dagger, Mantlo was the writer of the original comic book Invasion! and his brother, Michael Mantlo, continues to care for his brother, who was forever damaged from the accident. BillMantlo.com has details on how fans can support Bill Mantlo’s care. “That particular series looms very large in my personal estimation,” Guggenheim says.

The Dominators do not have their robes that were worn in the original comics – visual effects-wise, that would be very time consuming – but the finished product does look very cool, which audiences will see tonight on The Flash.

http://www.ksitetv.com/green-arrow/cws- ... rs/132020/

- Guggenheim & Kreisberg explican por qué 'Invasion!' era la historia adecuada para el Crossover de la CW (CBR):
Guggenheim & Kreisberg explican por qué 'Invasion!' era la historia adecuada para el Crossover de la CW
Por Albert Ching 29 Nov 2016

This week, millions of viewers will watch The CW’s crossover between its four DC Comics-based superhero shows — “Supergirl,” “The Flash,” “Arrow” and “Legends of Tomorrow” — but if you’re not a longtime DC Comics fan, you’re likely not familiar with the story that inspired it.

This week’s crossover, titled “Invasion!,” is loosely adapted from a 1988-1989 DC Comics event series of the same name, from the creative team of Keith Giffen, Bill Mantlo, Todd McFarlane and Bart Sears. That story presented the alien Dominators, seen previously as “Legion of Super-Heroes” villains, as the leaders of an alliance of invaders, with Earth’s superheroes stepping up to save their planet. According to “Arrow” and “Legends” executive producer Marc Guggenheim, the decision to adapt “Invasion!” came directly from Greg Berlanti, the executive producer of all four shows participating in the crossover.

“It was Greg’s idea to do the Dominators,” Guggenheim told press including CBR during a Q&A Monday at The CW’s Burbank headquarters. “We all collectively wanted the superheroes to face an external threat. By external, I don’t mean extraterrestrial, I just mean not a big bad from one of the shows, but rather a threat that came from outside of the shows. Greg just walked in one day — ‘Let’s do Invasion!’ I think [Andrew Kreisberg and I] both had the exact same reaction: ‘That’s totally awesome’ and ‘Oh my god, how the hell are we going to do that?'”

“Invasion!” provided a special challenge for Guggenheim and Kreisberg (also an executive producer on all four of CW’s DC-based shows), who are both major comic book fans and comic book writers themselves — Guggenheim was announced this week as the writer of Marvel’s “X-Men Gold” series. Guggenheim was particularly excited to be adapting the work of Bill Mantlo, a veteran writer and the co-creator of Rocket Raccoon, who suffered permanent brain damage after being struck by a car in 1992.

“I’m a huge fan of [‘Invasion!’], and I’m a huge Bill Mantlo fan,” Guggenheim said. “That was Bill Mantlo’s first work at DC Comics after decades at Marvel, so that particular series looms very large in my personal estimation.”
Invasion!

According to both producers, the crossover was originally conceived as hewing closer to its source material, including in the visual depiction of the Dominators themselves.

“We originally had designed Dominators with the green robes that were very iconic of the comic,” Guggenheim said. “When we decided to do all the Dominators full CG, the robes had to go away, because the presence of the robes made animating them prohibitively impossible.”

“There was discussions about the size of their circles, and how that was indicative of where they stood in the caste system,” Kreisberg said. “I’m sorry some of that stuff went away, just because it was great flavor, and I think the people who are fans of the original comic book would have seen a lot more of our joy at adapting ‘Invasion!’ in there, but to get these down to the proper time, that’s the kind of stuff that tends to fall by the wayside.”

Following a short prelude in Monday’s “Supergirl,” “Invasion!” continues tonight at 8 on The CW with “The Flash,” then tomorrow at 8 p.m. on “Arrow,” before concluding Thursday at 8 p.m. with “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

http://www.cbr.com/guggenheim-kreisberg ... crossover/?

- Marc Guggenheim reflexiona sobre los 100 Episodios, sus momentos favoritos — además ¿qué hay aún en su lista 'por hacer'? (TVLine):
Marc Guggenheim reflexiona sobre los 100 Episodios, sus momentos favoritos — además ¿qué hay aún en su lista 'por hacer'?
Por Matt Webb Mitovich / 29 Nov 2016, 3:05 PM PST

If you’re among those who believe that Arrow‘s 100th episode should have been marked independent of this week’s “Heroes v Aliens” crossover event, here’s a little secret: Next week is also the 100th episode. In a way.

Because whereas Arrow‘s crossover episode — titled “Invasion!” and airing Wednesday at 8/7c on The CW — offers up an early Valentine to fans by depositing Oliver in a reality where Moira, Laurel and other loved ones never perished, “What We Leave Behind” (airing Dec. 5) has a special something of its own going on.

“There was a lot of temptation to do the crossover at a different time or, like you [suggested], ‘cheat the math,'” Arrow co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim shared with TVLine in an in-depth interview, “but I actually took an idea that I had for the 100th episode and moved it to the 101st, and that is ‘flashbacks to Season 1,'” as a new clue surfaces linking the villain Prometheus to Oliver’s past. “That was something that I wanted to do for the 100th episode, but there just wasn’t any room to tell a flashback story.”

Instead, using that nostalgic narrative device back-to-back with this week’s guest star-studded alternate reality “worked out really well,” he notes.

If Guggenheim had known how well the Oliver/Felicity relationship would play, would he have leaned into it sooner? Or hold it for later? "That’s a great question…," he says, pausing to ponder. "I get a lot of s--t online, for reasons, but the way it played out for us was very organic. Like any showrunners, we react to the dailies and we started seeing these two actors have chemistry. So, no, I wouldn’t do anything different." Launch Gallery

Having been with Arrow from go, Guggenheim needs neither alien mind control nor flashbacks to appreciate all that the series has brought to the table, up to and including spawning not one but three other superhero shows, all woven into this week’s #DCWeek event. In the photo gallery above right, the EP shares favorite memories and musings from the past 100 episodes — Which casting was a “happy accident”? What stunt still wows him? Did “Olicity” happen too soon? — as well as offers some behind-the-scenes secrets.

http://tvline.com/2016/11/29/arrow-epis ... g-olicity/

- Jefe de Arrow adelanta el episodio 100 a lo Matrix (EW):
Jefe de Arrow adelanta el episodio 100 a lo Matrix
Por Natalie Abrams 29 Nov 2016 — 9:00 PM EST

Warning: This story contains spoilers from the first part of CW’s four-way crossover Invasion. Read at your own risk.

The Dominators have arrived!

During The Flash portion of the four-way Invasion crossover with Supergirl, Arrow, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, the technologically advanced aliens used a mind control device to turn the heroes against each other. But Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) was able to turn the tables, using the whammied Supergirl’s (Melissa Benoist) own strength to destroy the device.

In turn, the Dominators abducted Oliver (Stephen Amell), Thea (Willa Holland), Sara (Caity Lotz), Diggle (David Ramsey), and Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), a precursor to Wednesday’s landmark hour of Arrow. The 100th episode finds Oliver experiencing what life would’ve been like if he had never taken that fateful boat ride, which explains the return of some of the show’s original characters who have since perished, including Moira Queen (Susanna Thompson), Robert Queen (Jamey Sheridan), and Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy).

“It’s been five years since Oliver now didn’t get on the Queen’s Gambit, and he and Laurel are together,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim tells EW. “In fact, they’re about to be married. We basically pick up with them on the night before their wedding.”

Alas, Oliver Queen’s wildest dreams have not come true. “These five characters are essentially being held in stasis by the Dominators,” Guggenheim says. “To keep their minds occupied, they’re in what we call a shared hallucination.”

While the Matrix-like construct feels real, the characters will begin to notice something is off about this new timeline, causing glitches in a system that’s otherwise perfect — a little too perfect for Oliver. But this provided the show an opportunity to look back on the last five seasons with an episode that offers some closure for those we’ve lost along the way. “The memory flashes that all the five characters experience, that gave us a lot of opportunity to revisit footage from the previous 99 episodes,” Guggenheim notes.

The Arrow boss says he takes pride in each of the show’s 100 episodes. “We never skimped on the writing, the production or in the post-process going, ‘This is going to be one of those stinkers, we might as well cut our losses and move on,’” Guggenheim says. “We worked as hard as we possibly can on the scripts. If episodes have come in bad, we reshoot. We’re going to pick up a scene for episode 510, not because the scene didn’t turn out well, but because there was just one moment that wasn’t landing the way it needed to land to pay off another moment. Even in season 5, we have no problems with doing reshoots, or pickups, or anything we need to do to make each episode as successful as it can possibly be.”

But Guggenheim also admits he harbors some regrets. “The truth is, I don’t think I’ve ever been involved with an hour of television on any show where there hasn’t been something I wanted to take back,” he says. “Doing 23 episodes a year, you’re just constantly running, so nothing ever turns out exactly the way you want it to. In other words, my list of regrets is actually incredibly long; it’s 100 episodes long. I’d say probably my biggest regret is I wish we had allowed the Oliver-Felicity storyline in season 4 to unfold at a more natural pace. We had set these tentpoles at the beginning of the season, and we were a bit too rigorous on how we hit them. That was a case where the planning overtook the storytelling. We didn’t do things as naturally and as elegantly as we should have.”

Arrow’s 100th episode airs Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/29/ar ... e-spoilers

- Arrow 100: Andrew Kreisberg habla sobre el regreso de Katie Cassidy (greenarrowtv):
Arrow 100: Andrew Kreisberg habla sobre el regreso de Katie Cassidy
Por Craig Byrne 28 Nov 2016

As you may know if you’ve seen the gallery of preview images, Katie Cassidy‘s Laurel Lance is back in the celebratory 100th episode of Arrow, airing at 8PM this Wednesday night on The CW.

It shouldn’t be considered a spoiler that everything is not what it seems to be… that somehow, Oliver is in a “Flashpoint” of his own, though as a result of different circumstances. Parallels can also be found with last year’s Supergirl episode “For The Girl Who Has Everything.” If you’re guessing that this altered reality has something to do with the alien Dominators, head to the front of the class. This situation allows many figures from Arrow’s past to return for Episode 100 — including Susanna Thompson (Moira), Jamey Sheridan (Robert), John Barrowman (Malcolm Merlyn) and more.

Following a screening of the crossover episodes, Executive Producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg participated in a press Q&A where Katie’s return was asked about.

“She is such a central figure to the show,” Kreisberg said about the decision to bring Laurel back for the centennial episode. “I mean, she was the second lead on the show, and even though the show has evolved, Laurel is at the heart of it. She was Oliver’s great love, she’s Sara’s sister, she’s Lance’s daughter,” he continued.

Andrew was reminded of Laurel’s role in those early episode when recently catching some Arrow repeats on TNT. “Watching those early episodes, so much of it revolved around her relationships with all of these characters,” he explained. “I watched the episode ‘Vertigo’ where she’s arguing with her father about how much Thea reminds her of Sara, and how he should go easy on her… I’m sitting there listening to that, and thinking about ‘God, they didn’t even know Sara was alive yet.’ Even if we get to 200 episodes, Laurel will always be at the heart of the series and be such an important character, and then on top of that, Katie Cassidy will always be so important to us. So, we were so happy that she agreed to come back, because she is part of the family, both behind the camera and in front of it.”

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-100-a ... ys-return/

- Director de Arrow lidera la carga contra los aliens invasores del crossover de la CW (CBR):
Director de Arrow lidera la carga contra los aliens invasores del crossover de la CW
Por Bryan Cairns 29 Nov 2016

Felicity Smoak pegged it exactly right. The CW’s ambitious four-part crossover – spanning over “Supergirl,” “The Flash,” “Arrow” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” – is the best superhero team up ever. The collective heroes must assemble to defend the Earth from alien invaders knows as the mind-controlling Dominators. It’s heroes versus aliens – and the viewers are the winners.

“Arrow” fight choreographer James Bamford switched hats and made his directorial debut with last season’s episode, “Brotherhood.” He subsequently stepped behind the camera for a number of “Arrow” episodes, including the third instalment of the crossover, “Invasion.”

Bamford recently spoke with CBR about the challenges of orchestrating such an epic event, the scope and scale of the production and how the Arrow’s 100th episode pays off for the show’s fans. An looking beyond the Dominators’ creepy agenda, Bamford discussed his show’s take on the villainous Prometheus and the coming of Talia al Ghul.

CBR: What was your reaction when you received the script for “Invasion!?”

James Bamford: How are we going to pull this off in eight days? To be honest, my reaction was it really speaks to the character base, the heart of the show and the ties that bind, if you will. I was really touched.

There’s a lot going on in this episode. What were some of your concerns when it came to pre-production?

Without giving anything away, there were location concerns. There were the usual concerns we encounter on every episode. We’re always racing against time and budget. It’s a very ambitious episode. As you know, it has elements to it that we don’t usually address on the show, so how do we deal with those in our world? How do we make this about the 100th episode of Arrow and give it the biggest nod possible, and give it the time and care it deserves for the fans? It’s a big responsibility, so we wanted to make sure we got there and I really think we did.

Team Arrow and the newbies are a handful already. How difficult was it juggling heroes from four different series and giving them all space to shine?

It was no problem [Laughter]. Our schedule was spread in such a way that I wasn’t inundated with giant days of 10 or 12 cast members in my scenes. I was fortunate enough to have my larger scenes spread out, which made it much more manageable. We were shooting all the crossovers essentially simultaneously. Some days some of our actors would have to start the day on “The Flash,” they would get in a shuttle and come over to “Arrow” and then we’d send them over to “Legends.” It was insane.

I was very fortunate to have jumped in on a “Supergirl” episode and work with Melissa [Benoist] a few weeks prior to initiating the crossover event episode. I had some experience working with her over there, and I’ve worked with Grant Gustin, Brandon Routh and Caity Lotz before. It was just like, “Come on over guys.” It was like a big party.

Every “Arrow” episode culminates with a big brawl. What can you tease about how things blow up in “Invasion?”

I can tell you that’s generally an act-five challenge in the script. The act five of the script extends into act six and then morphs into something else. The biggest challenge for the act-five sequence would have been the weather, the storm that we encountered. We weren’t alone. I believe one or two of the other shows – “Flash” and possibly “Legends” – also encountered the same challenges. A big rain storm came through Vancouver and really did a number on anybody who happened to be filming outdoors those days. Everybody came together, pushed through and toughed it out. I’m really proud of what we got out of that.

Are the aliens all CGI creations, or did you go practical in some cases?

They are real aliens. We did a big casting call in the universe. David Rapaport has contacts on Saturn and Mars and a few of the other planets. Quite a few different aliens showed up. It came down to what origin of planet fit into our universe. That was one of the first questions they asked them. “Which planet are you from?” It was a big casting search. I can’t give away any secrets.

There’s never been a network crossover like this before. What was your sense of the scope and scale while filming?

The “Arrow” crossover, because of being the 100th episode, tried to keep the storylines and the concept within the Arrow universe, and within the wheelhouse of the fanbase, in an original and interesting way. Greg Berlanti put a lot of thought in how to go about this and honor the fact that it’s “Arrow’s” 100th episode and not just part of the crossover event. I think when you see this, which will be the third night as the crossover starts on “Supergirl,” you’ll see that it takes a different twist from the other crossover episodes.

You directed “Arrow’s” first two episodes this season and now “Invasion!” How many more are you hoping to squeeze in?

That’s it for the season. The rest of the season is booked. It’s pretty much usually booked at the beginning of the year. We have a bunch of new directors. Not new, per se, to the business, but new to the show. They bring with them different talents and viewpoints. I’m looking forward to working with all of them.

In the show, we’ve tried to recapture certain aspects of Season One and the grit. It was really nice to be able to start off the season and set the tone and somewhat reinvent – or bring back – the original Arrowesque feel. I’m here to help the other directors in following through with the intent coming into this season. Of course, I’d love to do more episodes, but you can’t do everything.

There’s another big threat looming after Arrow deals with these extraterrestrials. How are you approaching Prometheus compared to Oliver?

There’s a duality happening with Prometheus’ origin in a way with Oliver. Oliver and Prometheus are basically a yin and yang, if you will. Two sides of a coin. I can’t really go into the approach of the character without giving too much away.

How do Prometheus and Oliver differ in terms of their fighting styles?

Prometheus is trained internationally. He has a huge repertoire of different skills and weaponry and, of course, hand-to-hand combat. We took one of our performers in the Prometheus wardrobe and experimented with different movement types and what was more intimidating. We combined different martial artist skills, once again depending on what was required for the moment as opposed to sticking to one style. Especially when they are “masters,” I don’t like them to rely on one particular skill or be boxed in.

Finally, another new player is Talia al Ghul. How excited are you to tackle Talia and her mythology, which has been layered in over the seasons?

I’m very excited. We are big fans of Nyssa and Katrina Law, who is absolutely wonderful and just a joy to have around, as well as being remarkably talented. Then there’s Lexa Doig. She’s just fitting right in. I think she’ll be bringing something to the role you haven’t seen before. She has a quality of her own. You’ll be interested in how we’ve woven Talia into our mythology. She definitely makes an impression on Oliver Queen.

http://www.cbr.com/arrows-director-invasion-crossover/?

- Productores ejecutivos de Arrow sobre los regresos del elenco reales y virtuales en el Episodio 100 (CBR):
Productores ejecutivos de Arrow sobre los regresos del elenco reales y virtuales en el Episodio 100
Por Albert Ching 30 Nov 2016

SPOILER WARNING: This article contains spoilers for the 100th episode of “Arrow,” which as of publication has not finished airing on the west coast.

As things turned out, the “Arrow” installment of The CW’s “Invasion!” crossover between its four DC Comics-based superhero shows also happened to be the 100th episode of the series that started the “Arrowverse” back in 2012. So for tonight’s episode — also titled “Invasion!” — the show’s writers and producers had to juggle both paying tribute to the show’s history and moving the larger story forward.

The show’s plan to do that was to have five past and present Arrow characters — Green Arrow (Stephen Amell), Diggle (David Ramsey), Thea (Willa Holland), White Canary (Caity Lotz) and the Atom (Brandon Routh) — abducted at the end of last night’s episode of “The Flash” by The Dominators, the alien race and main antagonists of both the TV “Invasion!” and the 1988-1989 DC Comics story that inspired it. On The Dominators’ ship, the five characters are held in pods — think “The Matrix” — and experience a shared hallucination in a world where Oliver Queen never became the Green Arrow, and instead lives a peaceful existence with a still-alive Laurel (Katie Cassidy, pictured above with Lotz) as his fiancee.

As part of these scenes, many past “Arrow” cast members returned to the show — along with Katie Cassidy, Jamey Sheridan and Susanna Thompson, who played Oliver’s parents Robert and Moira in earlier seasons, appear. According to “Arrow” executive producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg, the show “desperately” tried to get Colin Donnell (Tommy Merlyn on “Arrow” season one) and Colton Haynes (Roy Harper/Arsenal from the show’s first three seasons) to return, but the actors’ schedules didn’t allow it — though they do appear in the episode, courtesy of a vision Oliver has when he sees what he’s leaving behind as he chooses to flee his (considerably more comfortable) Dominators-induced hallucination and return to the real world.

“I was writing that scene where Oliver goes back, and it just popped into my head that, basically all the actors we can’t get, this is a way we can get them,” Guggenheim told reporters including CBR during a Q&A this week at The CW’s Burbank offices. “Props to our visual effect house — Zoic [Studios] handled those shots, and they did an amazing, amazing job, particularly with Colin and with Colton. We couldn’t reshoot them, we had to take them from old episodes and roto them out and put them into this. It was hard, obviously, because they had to work with preexisting footage. And they did an incredible, incredible job.”

For Kreisberg, it was a reminder of how far the show — which started relatively grounded, despite the superpower-filled “The Flash” and the time travel-centric “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” both spinning out of it — has come in its four and a half seasons.

“The show’s in syndication now, and I caught a couple of the early episodes on TNT,” Kreisberg told the gathered press. “We’re so immersed in it, sometimes it’s easy to forget just how far the show has come, and how different it used to be. Watching those early episodes, and then seeing the 100th, and seeing Oliver have scenes with his mom, especially the scene with Thea and Moira, and remembering how important she was to the mythology and to these characters to everything that happened, that was the thing that made this feel like a 100th episode.”

“Arrow” airs 8 p.m. Wednesdays on The CW; the final part of the “Invasion!” crossover, an episode of “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” airs 8 p.m. Thursday.

http://www.cbr.com/arrow-eps-on-the-rea ... isode-100/?

- Productores de ‘Arrow’ explican cómo el Episodio 100 se convirtió en el Flashpoint de Oliver (Variety):
Productores de ‘Arrow’ explican cómo el Episodio 100 se convirtió en el Flashpoint de Oliver
Por Jacob Bryant 30 Nov, 2016 | 06:00PM PT

SPOILER ALERT: Do not read on unless you’ve seen “Arrow” Season 5, Episode 8, titled “Invasion!” which aired on Wednesday, Nov. 30.

In this era of “Peak TV,” guiding a show to 100 episodes is no easy feat. Tonight’s episode of “Arrow” had the unenviable task of being the middle installment to a three-part crossover, while also being a celebration to the 99 episodes that came before.

“That was the challenge — how much to service the 100th episode and how much to service the crossover,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim said at a press event with Variety in attendance, following a screening this week. “It’s pretty obvious that we chose to go 100th episode.”

Guggenheim said it was Greg Berlanti who came up with the idea to separate Oliver (Stephen Amell), Diggle (David Ramsey), Thea (Willa Holland), Sara (Caity Lotz) and Ray (Brandon Routh), and drop them into the Dominator “matrix.” In the episode, the five characters find themselves put into an ideal world — one where Oliver’s parents are alive and he’s set to marry Laurel (Katie Cassidy). The parallel that jumps to mind is “It’s a Wonderful Life,” but Guggenheim had a more DC-appropriate connection.

“This was, sort of, Oliver’s version of ‘Flashpoint’ or ‘For the Girl Who Has Everything’ from ‘Supergirl,'” he said. “There’s a reason why these stories are iconic or familiar tropes in comic books. When you show the protagonist the path-not-taken — and you basically put them in a situation where they can choose to stay on that path or go back to their life with all its ugly aspects — and they choose the selfless choice, it makes your character stronger.”

Guggenheim said this Elseworlds-like story will strengthen Ollie’s resolve heading into next week’s midseason finale.

“Oliver has a new sense of purpose,” he said. “The events of [episode] 508 forced him to emotionally double down on his mission. He also has a reaffirmation of his bond with Thea, because they chose each other.”

Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said the episode was extra special because so many former cast members returned.

“It was getting the cast, getting Jamey Sheridan, getting Susanna Thompson,” Kreisberg said. “Our first mission was to make sure we locked in those cast members, and we were fortunate enough that everyone who has left the show was so excited to come back.”

Chief among those returns was Cassidy, who played Laurel Lance, a.k.a. Black Canary, who was killed last year in a fight with the season’s villain, Damien Dahrk (Neal McDonough).

“She’s such an essential figure to the show,” Kreisberg said. “She was the second lead on the show, and even though the show evolved, Laurel was at the heart of it — she was Oliver’s great love, she’s Sara’s sister, she’s Lance’s (Paul Blackthorne) daughter. Even if we get to 200 episodes, Laurel will always be at the heart of the series.”

The Arrowverse crossover continues on Thursday with “Legends of Tomorrow” at 8 p.m.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/arrow-c ... 201930518/

- Los Secretos detrás del nostálgico (¡y Sentimental!) Episodio 100 (etonline):
Los Secretos detrás del nostálgico (¡y Sentimental!) Episodio 100
Por Philiana Ng 6:00 PM PST, November 30, 2016

Spoiler alert! If you haven’t watched Wednesday’s 100th episode of Arrow, do not proceed. Everyone else, you may read on.

Arrow reached its 100th episode milestone by honoring the past, but with a mind-bending twist.

For much of Wednesday’s episode, which coincided with the Supergirl, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow crossover event, Oliver (Stephen Amell) spent a large part of it stuck in an alien pod -- “the Dominator matrix,” as executive producer Marc Guggenheim called it -- and hallucinating what his life would have been like had he not gotten on the Queen’s Gambit all those years ago.

Let’s just say, Oliver’s life would have been very different -- no crime-fighting, for one thing -- and far less tragic.

In the faux reality, Oliver and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) were engaged, Ray (Brandon Routh) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) were about to walk down the aisle, Moira (Susanna Thompson) and Robert (Jamey Sheridan) were alive and happy together, Diggle (David Ramsey) was the Green Arrow, and Sara (Caity Lotz) came into town for her sister’s wedding.

“We make a reference in the end of the Legends episode [of] the crossover that this was sort of Oliver’s version of 'Flashpoint' and it’s Oliver’s version of ‘The Girl Who Has Everything’ [episode] from last year’s Supergirl,” Guggenheim told reporters at a recent screening. “There’s a reason why these stories are iconic or familiar tropes, even in comic books.”

“When you show the protagonist the path not taken and you put them in the situation where they can choose to stay on that path or go back to their life with all of its ugly aspects and challenges, and they choose the selfless choice of returning to that ugly past,” he said, “it makes your character stronger because it forced Oliver to double down on his mission and commit to this life with all of its losses and failures and challenges.”

Oliver and Laurel’s engagement served as the structural backbone of the episode, giving a reason for familiar faces to come together for a momentous -- albeit fake -- occasion. The Arrow producers explained why they felt it important to make Laurel, who was killed off in season four, a central figure in such a pivotal episode.

“Even though the show has evolved, Laurel is at the heart of it. She was Oliver’s great love, she’s Sara’s sister, she’s Lance’s daughter. Watching those early episodes, so much of it revolved around her relationship with all these characters,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said. “Even if we do get to 200 episodes, Laurel will always be at the heart of the series and be an important character.”

“On top of that, Katie Cassidy will always be so important to us,” he continued. “We were so happy that she agreed to come back because she is part of the family, both behind the camera and in front of it.”

While it was bittersweet seeing Thompson and Sheridan back in the Arrow fray, not all the actors the producers wanted to bring back for the landmark moment were available -- namely Colton Haynes (Roy) and Colin Donnell (Tommy).

“We’re so immersed in it, sometimes it’s easy to forget just how far the show has come and how different it used to be,” Kreisberg said. “Watching the early episodes and watching the 100th and seeing Oliver have scenes with his mom, and remembering how important [Moira] was to the mythology and these characters and to everything that happened, that was the thing that made it feel like a 100th episode.”
Photo: The CW

That’s not to say Haynes and Donnell’s presence wasn’t felt in the episode. There was a cheeky reference to Donnell’s current role on NBC’s Chicago Med during the engagement party scene, where Tommy’s absence was explained as him working “triple shifts at the hospital.”

Holograms of Roy and Tommy -- as well as Moira, Robert, Felicity and Laurel -- appeared before Oliver, right before he left his faux reality and returned to his real life. “That beat was not in the original break of the episode,” Guggenheim told ET, revealing that Haynes and Donnell’s holograms were taken from old episodes and modified to fit the scene.

Guggenheim shared that there were scripted moments with Haynes and Donnell that were in the script “that we obviously couldn’t do” due to their “availabilities.” One of those moments had Roy playing a significant part in the faux reality. “Roy was going to be Thea’s boyfriend -- that hadn’t changed -- and they met when he stole her purse, and that also hadn’t changed,” he said. “I thought that would have been fun and nice to see.”

As for what the events of the 100th episode mean for the next week’s fall finale, Guggenheim reaffirmed that Oliver “has a new sense of purpose.” “He goes into [the episode] with a reaffirmation of his bond with Thea because they basically chose each other,” he hinted. “That carries through the midseason finale and sets up things beyond it.”

http://www.etonline.com/tv/203984_arrow ... h_episode/

- Jefe de Arrow explica la traición de Artemis (EW):
Jefe de Arrow explica la traición de Artemis
Por Natalie Abrams 30 Nov 2016 — 9:00 PM EST

Warning: This story contains mild spoilers from The CW’s Invasion crossover. Read at your own risk!

A member of Team Arrow was conspicuously absent during the 100th episode of Arrow on Wednesday night, the second hour of the four-way crossover with Supergirl, The Flash, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

While Wild Dog (Rick Gonzalez), Ragman (Joe Dinicol), and Curtis (Echo Kellum) were on hand to help Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) try to find the quintet of heroes abducted by the Dominators, Evelyn Sharp (Madison McLaughlin) was missing in action, with nary a mention of why she wasn’t there.

The previous episode of Arrow ended with the reveal that Evelyn, a.k.a Artemis, has been working with the season’s big bad Prometheus as a mole, which is a big part of the reason why she wasn’t involved in the crossover episode.

“It’s funny, to be honest with you, in the break of 508, we talked a lot about Do we have her in there?” executive producer Marc Guggenheim told reporters following a screening of the crossover. “It felt like it was the elephant in the room and we didn’t want it distracting, so we don’t reference it in large part because I’m not a fan of, ‘Oh, it’s too bad that Evelyn’s mom is sick this week.’ I would prefer to just whistle past the graveyard. I will say, you will get a payoff to 507’s cliffhanger with respect to Evelyn big time in 509.”

EW can reveal that Evelyn has not been working with Prometheus all along. In a recent episode, the new Team Arrow discovered the truth about Oliver’s original kill list, and Evelyn felt that Oliver was a hypocrite since he was previously on a mission of revenge, yet prevented her from taking vengeance on her parents’ killer. “Rewatch episode 506,” Guggenheim tells EW of Evelyn’s double cross. “If you view the end of 506 and her final scenes with Oliver as, ‘Oh, she’s lying,’ I think you see when she decided to team up with Prometheus. Basically in the commercial break between Act 5 and Act 6 [of that episode], that’s when she made the decision to join up with Prometheus. So while people were watching car commercials, that’s what she was doing.”

Head here for the best nods to the last five seasons of Arrow during the 100th episode. The four-way crossover continues Thursday at 8 p.m. ET on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, while Arrow’s winter finale airs next Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/30/ar ... rayal-mole

- Productores ejecutivos de Arrow habla sobre los cameos sorpresa del 100, el nuevo objetivo de Oliver y más (TVLine):
Productores ejecutivos de Arrow habla sobre los cameos sorpresa del 100, el nuevo objetivo de Oliver y más
Por Vlada Gelman / 30 Nov 2016, 6:00 PM PST

Arrow‘s 100th episode on Wednesday night featured a bevy of departed characters, including two who weren’t on the publicly released guest list for the alt-reality installment, in which Oliver never got on the Queen’s Gambit.

Even though former series regulars Colin Donnell and Colton Haynes weren’t able to reprise their roles, their alter egos Tommy Merlyn and Roy Harper still made an appearance during the milestone hour (to Donnell’s own surprise!), joining in-the-flesh returning cast members Susanna Thompson (as Moira Queen), Jamey Sheridan (Robert Queen), Katie Cassidy (Laurel Lance) and more.

“We tried desperately to get Colin Donnell. We just couldn’t pull it all off,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg admits, while EP Marc Guggenheim adds that Haynes was also on their wish list. In fact, there were Tommy and Roy scenes scripted into the episode “that we, obviously, just couldn’t do because of Colin and Colton’s availabilities,” Guggenheim explains. “For example, Roy was going to be Thea’s boyfriend — that hadn’t changed — and they met when he stole her purse.”

Arrow Episode 100 Tommy RoyDespite the setback, the producers found an unconventional way to include the actors in the storyline. In addition to a meta mention from Malcolm about how Tommy couldn’t attend Oliver and Laurel’s wedding because he’s busy being a doctor in the Windy City — Donnell stars on NBC’s Chicago Med — Oliver saw holograms of Tommy, Roy and various other loved ones as he departed the so-called dream world.

“That beat was not in the original break of the episode,” Guggenheim says. “I was writing that scene where Oliver goes back [to his real life], and it just popped into my head that basically all the actors that we can’t get — at the time, I didn’t know who we could get and who we couldn’t — this is a way we can get them.”

But pulling off the nostalgic sequence was no easy task for the show’s visual-effects house. “Zoic handled those shots, and they did an amazing, amazing job, particularly with Colin and Colton, because we couldn’t reshoot them,” Guggenheim shares. “We had to take them from old episodes… and put them into this.”

Arrow RecapThe producers were able to secure the return of original series star Katie Cassidy, which was key “because she is such an essential figure to the show,” Kreisberg says. “She was the second lead on the show. Even though the show has evolved, Laurel is at the heart of it. She was Oliver’s great love, she’s Sara’s sister, she’s Lance’s daughter. … And on top of that, Katie Cassidy will always be so important to us. We were so happy that she agreed to come back, because she is part of the family, both behind the camera and in front of it.”

After coming out of the seemingly perfect reality created by the Dominators, a refocused Oliver will “double down on his mission and commit to this life with all of its losses and failures and challenges,” Guggenheim previews.
Arrow Boss Looks Back on 100 Episodes
ON THE POWER OF 'OLICITY'If Guggenheim had known how well the Oliver/Felicity relationship would play, would he have leaned into it sooner? Or hold it for later? "That’s a great question…," he says, pausing to ponder. "I get a lot of s--t online, for reasons, but the way it played out for us was very organic. Like any showrunners, we react to the dailies and we started seeing these two actors have chemistry. So, no, I wouldn’t do anything different." Launch Gallery

“This was sort of Oliver’s version of Flashpoint, and it’s a little bit Oliver’s version of ‘[For] the Girl Who Has Everything’ from last year’s Supergirl,” Guggenheim describes. “There’s a reason why these stories are iconic or familiar tropes… It’s because when you show the protagonist the path not taken, and you basically put them in the situation where they can choose to stay on that path or go back to their life with all of its ugly aspects and challenges, and they choose the selfless choice of returning to that ugly past, it makes your character stronger.”

http://tvline.com/2016/11/30/arrow-reca ... tommy-roy/

- Marc Guggenheim sobre el giro de Diggle & y esas llamadas a los primeros episodios (accesshollywood):
Marc Guggenheim sobre el giro de Diggle & y esas llamadas a los primeros episodios
Por Jolie Lash 30 Nov, 2016 6:10 PM PST

On Wednesday night's "Arrow," several members of the Arrowverse got a look at what could have been if Oliver had never set foot on the Queen's Gambit.

(Quick note – this is your official we're-talking-plot-details-here spoiler warning!)

After they were abducted by alien invaders at the end of Tuesday's "The Flash," Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), Thea Queen (Willa Holland), John Diggle (David Ramsey) Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) and Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) ended up on a spaceship and in stasis, where the Dominators helped them envision a different reality.

One of the most fun twists was seeing Diggle's alternate reality life as Star City's The Hood.

Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim told Access Hollywood that fellow EP Greg Berlanti came up with the twist for Dig.

"I think the reason we all sort of gravitated towards it was for a couple of reasons. First of all, we have a great affection in the writers' room for Diggle wearing the hood. So we just love any opportunity to do that, No. 1. No. 2 – we were dealing with a sort of alternate reality where the premise was, what if Oliver never got on the Queen's Gambit? And if Oliver hadn't gotten on the Queen's Gambit, then he never would have been marooned on the island and he never would have been in a situation where he needed to have a bodyguard. Basically, he gets a bodyguard once he comes back after five years marooned -- at least that's what's established in the pilot. So there was no real reason to make him a driver, [and] the idea [was] that Star City still needs a vigilante and why wouldn't that vigilante be Diggle, who's clearly got a lot of skill and tactics from his experience in the military. Everything kind of lined up and made a certain amount of sense -- the appropriate amount of sense."

Many of the alien-napped members of Team Arrow had their hearts filled in the fantasy visions after seeing their late loved ones again – Richard and Moira Queen (Jamey Sheridan and Susanna Thompson), Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy), and later, holograms of Tommy Merlyn (Colin Donnell) and Roy Harper (Colton Haynes).

While Felicity Smoak was back on Earth in the real Arrow cave, working with Curtis, Cisco, Rene and Rory on trying to hack alien tech to free their friends, a version of her was featured in the alien dream. She was part of Diggle's Arrow team (with a very Season 1-esque 'do), and Ray Palmer's fiancée.

In the bar, before the wedding reception, keen eyes will have spotted Felicity in a familiar royal blue dress. Guggenheim told Access they specifically put that dress in the script, "to recall her date with Ray Palmer in Episode 215." (Fun fact: one of the barmen is played by Caity Lotz's real-life dad!)

http://www.accesshollywood.com/articles ... -episodes/

- Marc Guggenheim: El Episodio 100 está "mirando atrás para mirar adelante" (comicbook):
Marc Guggenheim: El Episodio 100 está "mirando atrás para mirar adelante"
Por Russ Burlingame 30/11/13

When Arrow's hundredth episode airs tonight, Oliver Queen will finally be planning his wedding to Laurel Lance, as many fans had assumed he would eventually be when the series began.

Of course, that was before producers cast a young actress as an IT girl in a one-off season 1 episode and, after seeing her chemistry with series lead Stephen Amell, quickly promoted her to series regular.

"I think honestly where my brain goes is, the original goal was just to make a really great pilot," executive producer Marc Guggenheim told ComicBook.com. "The idea that we've made I think a really good pilot plus 99 episodes beyond that is mind-boggling."

The series since then has been a tale of lies told and truths untold, of the gradual unfolding of the truth behind Oliver Queen's "five years in hell," and the fifth season is culminating with Team Arrow squaring off against Prometheus, a character who apparently has roots in the first season of Arrow, which the show has been overtly referencing throughout the first half of the season, and which the show will revisit in an alternate reality tonight and in a flashback during next week's midseason finale.

Going "back to their roots" and exploring different takes on the first season? For a lot of casual viewers, that feels a bit like a reboot, and Guggenheim doesn't disagree -- though he seems to think the opinion is a little overstated.

"I think every year to a certain extent feels like a reboot. every year we always try to give the show a new identity," Guggenheim said. "We always said we want you to be able to channel surf or look at an episode randomly and immediately identify what season it is. Since the show does reinvent itself every year, I will say that this year, becuase it was the fifth season, the final year of the flashbacks, the hundredth episode season, we looked a lot at what the show's legacy was, what Oliver's legacy was, and we looked al ot at the previous four season. In terms of that, there was a sense of looking back to look forward that felt appropriate given all the things that the fifth season represents. I love the fact that we have over four seasons' worth of history and character development and episodes to draw upon."

And as for the big mystery everyone will be asking about: after letting his hair grow for four years, then cutting it last season, how will Oliver get his unruly head of "island hair" back in time to be rescued at the end of the season/in the pilot?

"Well, let me tell you -- I know everyone's going to be asking that question," Guggenheim laughed, and then, motioning to his bald head, he said, "I know I'm probably the least qualified to answer it. And I know that we're not going to do a crazy time jump anytime this season. All that said, we have a very good answer for it."

Some things, alas, have to remain a mystery for now...!

Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl will cross over with DC's Legends of Tomorrow this week in "Invasion!" a three-part crossover that starts in the final moments of an episode of Supergirl and then plays through the other series. Based on the 1988 comic book event miniseries Invasion! from Keith Giffen, Bill Mantlo, Todd McFarlane, Bart Sears, and the crossover -- with its marketing title "Heroes vs. Aliens" -- will closely track the plot of that storyline: aliens will be assembled by The Dominators and descend on Earth to bring an end to the "threat" of Earth's burgeoning metahuman community.

In the comics, the Dominion were secretly hoping to build their own super-race, and as a result created a handful of new superheroes in the course of the story.

In the TV version, rather than assembling a loose alliance of dangerous alien races, the Dominators will apparently be mind-controlling the aliens that join them. That's a revelation that suggests even the heroes might be forced to take one another (or at least the alien Supergirl) on at some point in the story.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/11/30/arro ... k-to-look/

- Productores de Arrow sobre los importantes regresos y la gran decisión de Oliver (TVInsider):
Productores de Arrow sobre los importantes regresos y la gran decisión de Oliver
Por Marisa Roffman 30 Nov, 2016 9:01 pm

Spoiler alert! This story reveals details of Arrow's 100th episode.

Arrow paid homage to its past with an It's a Wonderful Life-esque "what if?" for Oliver (Stephen Amell) in Wednesday’s 100th episode. And though he had happiness in the world where the Queen's Gambit never crashed (and he never became a vigilante), his alternate reality was actually part of a mass hallucination—shared with Thea (Willa Holland), Diggle (David Ramsey), Sara (Caity Lotz) and Ray (Brandon Routh)—thanks to the Dominators, the alien menace at the center of The CW’s “DC Week” crossover.

With the milestone hour falling in the middle of the four-show event, the producers were faced with an unusual conundrum. "The challenge was just how much to service the 100th episode-ness and how much to service the crossover," executive producer Marc Guggenheim explained to reporters after a screening of the installment. "I think it’s pretty obvious that we chose to go [with the] 100th episode…It was [executive producer] Greg [Berlanti]’s idea to have our five Arrow people basically enter into—we call it the matrix—the Dominator matrix. That allowed us to have our cake and eat it, too."

In Oliver's alternate life, he was happily engaged to Laurel (Katie Cassidy), preparing for their wedding and to inherit his father's business. For the writers, there was never any question Cassidy—whose character was killed off in Season 4—should be an important part of this celebration. "She is such an essential figure to the show," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said. "She was the second lead on the show. Even though the show has evolved, Laurel is at the heart of it. She was Oliver's great love, she's Sara's sister, she's Lance's daughter…even if we do get to 200 episodes, Laurel will always be at the heart of the series and be such an important character."

"And, on top of that, Katie Cassidy will always be so important to us," Kreisberg continued. "We were so happy that she agreed to come back because she is part of the family, both behind the camera and in front of it."

Arrow's "Invasion!" also included a return for Susanna Thompson and Jamey Sheridan as Oliver's deceased parents, Moira and Robert, but the show wasn't able to nail down traditional encores from Colin Donnell (Tommy)—Donnell's series regular gig on NBC's Chicago Med led to a joke in the episode about Tommy practicing medicine in Chicago—or Colton Haynes (Roy).

The writers were so hopeful that they would somehow be able to figure out a way to get Donnell and Haynes in the episode that an earlier version of the script included both men. "There were moments with Colton and Colin in Arrow that were scripted that we obviously just couldn’t do because of Colin and Colton’s availabilities," Guggenheim shared. "For example, Roy was going to be Thea’s boyfriend—that hadn’t changed—and they met when he stole her purse, and that also hadn’t changed. I just thought that would have been fun and nice to see."

However, they were able to work the missing characters—and the deceased characters Oliver had to leave behind in his dream world—into a Oliver's final, wistful goodbye (via hologram) to what could have been. "That beat was not in the original break of the episode," Guggenheim shared. "Honestly, I can’t even tell you where that idea came from. I was writing that scene where Oliver goes back and it just popped into my head that basically all the actors that we can’t get—at the time I didn’t know who we could get and who we couldn’t—this is a way we can get them."

The experience in the dreamworld was an important one for Oliver to have. "When you show the protagonist the path not taken and you basically put them in the situation where they can choose to stay on that path or go back to their life with all of its ugly aspects and challenges and they choose the selfless choice of returning to that ugly past, it makes your character stronger," Guggenheim said. "It forced Oliver to double down on his mission and commit to this life with all of its losses and failures and challenges."

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/104210 ... st-mortem/

- Andrew Kreisberg revela su parte favorita del crossover de Invasion! (comicbook):
Andrew Kreisberg revela su parte favorita del crossover de Invasion!
Por Russ Burlingam 01/12/2016

Mainstream superhero comics are often talked about as being testosterone-fueled soap operas: the reason so many people come on board at a young age and stay for the rest of their lives is that they've formed a relationship with the characters.

That's why it's probably not surprising to learn that as much fun as it is to put all the toys together in one box and bang them all together in big, bombastic fight scenes on Arrow, The Flash, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow, what really makes the stories work in the mind of the producers is the relationships between the characters.

"I always love is when Barry is training Wally and he's trying to explain to him how to deal with things and then he goes, 'Oh God, I sound like Oliver,'" executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said. "These people all do know each other and they're all friends, especially Barry and Oliver. It's probably my favorite part of all three hours is them having a beer together. It's part of the story they always come together because of crises. Those little moments, like in last year's crossover when they were all, before The Vandal Savage attacked and they were all just having a drink together, like they do care about each other. They are brothers in arms."

That's how the crossover ended, of course: once everyone went home or back to their own time/universe, Barry and Oliver went out for a beer and toasted their weird, wonderful, superheroic lives.

"It's those little quiet moments between the fights that are the most interesting to me, as a writer and as a viewer. Hearing those little shout outs along the way, I think is, does a service to the relationships that they've all formed," Kreisberg continued. "It isn't like the crossovers of the 80's where they'd see each other for that one episode and then it was like it never happened. These things do happen and they do have ramifications and not all the ramifications are always bad. Some of them are just good because now these people have these amazing relationships that continue on."

Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl will cross over with DC's Legends of Tomorrow this week in "Invasion!" a three-part crossover that starts in the final moments of an episode of Supergirl and then plays through the other series. Based on the 1988 comic book event miniseries Invasion! from Keith Giffen, Bill Mantlo, Todd McFarlane, Bart Sears, and the crossover -- with its marketing title "Heroes vs. Aliens" -- will closely track the plot of that storyline: aliens will be assembled by The Dominators and descend on Earth to bring an end to the "threat" of Earth's burgeoning metahuman community.

In the comics, the Dominion were secretly hoping to build their own super-race, and as a result created a handful of new superheroes in the course of the story.

http://comicbook.com/2016/12/02/andrew- ... ion-cross/

- ¿Qué fue cortado del crossover del Arrowverse crossover? (EW):
¿Qué fue cortado del crossover del Arrowverse crossover?
Por Natalie Abrams 01 Dic 2016 — 9:00 PM EST

The heroes of The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow saved the day, preventing the Dominators from essentially killing off all metahumans. And while the four-way crossover had a solid dose of heart and offered up some laughs, there were a few great moments that didn’t make the cut.

“[The crossover] came in wildly over [time], not surprising,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says. “You’ve got to keep the plot going, and you had to have room, especially in these episodes, which probably had even grander visual effects sequences than we’re used to in an average episode, so it tended to be those little jokey moments that fell by the wayside.”

Below, Kreisberg and fellow EP Marc Guggenheim reveal what else could’ve happened in the epic team-up:

An Alex/Sara romance that never was: “There was a little exchange between Sara [Caity Lotz] and Kara [Melissa Benoist] that I really liked — I don’t think we even filmed it — where Sara says, ‘Hey, do you want to get a drink when this is all over?’” Kreisberg reveals, “and Kara says, ‘I think you wanna meet my sister.’ Just the idea of starting the Sara/Alex [Chyler Leigh] shippers going…”

Familiar faces: “There were moments with Colton [Haynes] and Colin [Donnell] in Arrow that were scripted that we obviously just couldn’t do because of Colin and Colton’s availabilities,” Guggenheim says. “For example, Roy was going to be Thea’s [Willa Holland] boyfriend, that hadn’t changed, and they met when he stole her purse, and that also hadn’t changed. I just thought that would have been fun and nice to see.”

For the diehards: “There were a lot more nods to the comic book,” Kreisberg says of the Dominators. “There was discussion about the size of their circles and how that was indicative of where they stood in the caste system, so I’m sorry some of that stuff went away just because it was great flavor, and I think people who are fans of the original comic book would have seen a lot more of our joy at adapting Invasion in there, but unfortunately, to get these down to the proper time, that’s the kind of stuff that tends to fall by the wayside.”

A change of clothes: “Originally we had designed the Dominators with the green robes that were very iconic of the comic,” Guggenheim says. “When we decided to do all the Dominators full CG, as we ended up doing, the robes had to go away because the presence of the robes made animating them prohibitively impossible.”

A super moment saved for later: “There was a Supergirl moment on the Waverider that I really wanted to get in there,” Guggenheim says. “I’m not going to tell you what it is, because we may do it next year, but Supergirl never ended up on the Waverider, so we couldn’t do the moment.”

Speedy says what we’re all thinking: “There was a funny scene between Speedy and H.R. [Tom Cavanagh] where she says, ‘So what are you doing here? What value do you bring?’” Kreisberg says. “He’s like, ‘Well I’m writing a book,’ and she’s like, ‘Oh, that’ll be a big help,’ and walks away.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/01/ar ... ted-scenes

- Productores ejecutivos del Arrow-verse sobre los efectos colaterales del Flashpoint, el regreso de los Dominators y más Crossovers (EW):
Productores ejecutivos del Arrow-verse sobre los efectos colaterales del Flashpoint, el regreso de los Dominators y más Crossovers
Por Vlada Gelman / 01 Dic 2016, 6:00 PM PST

Superheroes: 1. Aliens: 0.

The CW’s #DCWeek crossover event wrapped up on Thursday night’s Legends of Tomorrow with a victorious celebration for the costumed crimefighters — but the Dominators aren’t gone for good.

Let’s briefly recap the episode’s key moments: The Dominators revealed that they came back to Earth because of The Flash and the rise of metahuman powers; the aliens promised to leave peacefully if Barry gave himself up, but Oliver & Co. eventually convinced their self-sacrificing pal not to surrender; Stein decided not to erase his new daughter from existence; after doing some timeline tampering of his own, Cisco — who gifted Supergirl with her own tachyon device portable breach-opener — finally forgave Barry, who also earned the forgiveness of Dig; the heroes were publicly acknowledged by the new President of the United States for their courage in fighting off the extraterrestrial threat; and Barry and Oliver shared a toast to “life being full.” #besties

Below, executive producers Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim tackle several burning questions about the Dominators’ comeback, Flashpoint’s future consequences, Stein’s secret and much more.

WILL THERE BE MORE FLASHPOINT CHANGES FOR ARROW AND LEGENDS CHARACTERS? | The producers are keeping mum on that front, but Guggenheim did share that “there’s a fair amount of discussion” about the subject in next Wednesday’s Arrow midseason finale. “[The characters] deal with — in some humorous ways, actually — some of the ramifications. For example, I think Curtis is concerned that maybe he was straight, originally.” As for whether Barry’s voicemail is directly tied to Flashpoint or referencing more changes that the speedster makes down the road, Kreisberg offers this cryptic tease: “The message from the future relates to Flashpoint, but it also may relate to something else coming up.”

WILL SUPERGIRL VISIT EARTH-1 AGAIN? | Now that Kara has a way to communicate and travel across Earths, crossovers are certainly “easier” to execute, Kreisberg says. “The next time we do it, it means it doesn’t necessarily have to be because Oliver and Barry need Kara; it could be because Kara needs them.” However, the EP notes that nothing is in the works, seeing as how “we just barely survived this one. So we’re not too concerned with what we’re going to try to do next year. But it just gives us another way to come at a story.”

HAVE WE SEEN THE LAST OF THE SPACE MEN? | Considering they didn’t die, but simply retreated, it’s not crazy to wonder if the mind-controlling Dominators will reappear. “We’ve certainly talked about it,” Guggenheim says. “We don’t want to do it immediately because we just told that story. I think it’s more of a Flash and Legends question than an Arrow question because… that’s not really what Arrow traffics in.” Actually, it’s what their alien pal on Monday nights is all about: “The Dominators will return on Supergirl later this season,” Kreisberg reveals.

DOES THE WORLD KNOW ETs EXIST? | A line was cut for time, in which the G-man known as “Glasses” says, “‘Cover up what? A dozen weather satellites falling out of orbit?'” Guggenheim explains: “People see the ships, but no one ever really saw the Dominators. The way we’re sort of playing it going forward is that Glasses is good at his job, and when he says he’s going to cover it up, he’s going to cover it up.” Adds Kreisberg: “There’s a mention of it in The Flash, that the threat of aliens brought out all the crazies. But we’re sort of Doctor Who-ing it.”

WILL STEIN’S DAUGHTER BE BACK? | “You’ll see her again in a few episodes,” Guggenheim says. And as early as next Thursday’s Legends midseason finale, “the ramifications” of Stein and Jax keeping the doc’s newly discovered offspring a secret “come into play.”

COULD THE NEW PRESIDENT HAVE BEEN LYNDA CARTER? | “Actually, in the original draft of the Legends episode, she was the Vice President, who became the President,” Guggenheim reveals. “The studio had what we all considered to be a very fair note [that] it was a bit too confusing.”

http://tvline.com/2016/12/01/legends-of ... rs-return/

- Los productores del Crossover de DC de la CW adelantan las repercusiones de ‘Invasion!’ (Variety):
Los productores del Crossover de DC de la CW adelantan las repercusiones de ‘Invasion!’
Por Jacob Bryant 01 Dic, 2016 | 06:01PM PT

SPOILER ALERT: Do not read on unless you’ve seen Season 3, Episode 8 of “The Flash”; Season 5, Episode 8 of “Arrow”; and Season 2, Episode 7 of “Legends of Tomorrow,” titled “Invasion!”

There you have it. With the end of “Legends of Tomorrow’s” episode, the first four-show Arrowverse crossover comes to a close. The Dominators were defeated, Stein (Victor Garber) now has a daughter, Barry (Grant Gustin) and Oliver (Stephen Amell) shared a much-deserved drink, and the CW pulled off what producer Marc Guggenheim calls “an exercise in insanity.”

“Every year we pull it off and it’s a small miracle, and then the next year we try to find a way to increase the degree of difficulty,” he said. “Truth be told, the whole thing is really an exercise in insanity and we just keep making it harder and harder and harder on ourselves.”

The crossover may be over, but the events in “Invasion!” will be felt across the shows going forward. Earlier this week, at a press screening and Q&A Variety attended, Guggenheim and fellow producer Andrew Kreisberg talked about those repercussions, whether this was the button on Flashpoint, and more …

What will be the repercussions, or fallout, in the upcoming episodes?

Kreisberg: As far as “Flash” is concerned, in Episode 7 Cisco and Barry were probably at their lowest point — because Cisco learned that Dante had died as a result of Flashpoint. Their friendship has been renewed through the course of these episodes, and when we come back in Episode 9 Team Flash is in a really good place. They need to be, because they’re going to confront Savitar in Episode 9.

With “Supergirl,” it doesn’t really have that big an impact. She’s the one who brought the light. It was really Barry and Oliver who had to go on a journey, and she brought the fun and charm and kicka–ness.

Guggenheim: With respect to “Arrow,” going into Episode 9 you’ll see that Oliver has a new sense of purpose. The events in Episode 8 forced him to double-down on his mission, and also a reaffirmation of his bond with Thea — because they chose each other.

In terms of “Legends,” the two big takeaways are Stein’s daughter — you haven’t seen the last of her, you’ll see her again in a few episodes — as well as Ray (Brandon Routh) getting his suit back.

Would you consider this the button on Flashpoint, or will there continue to be more ramifications going forward?

Kreisberg: There’s a villain coming up that’s another one of those husk villains created by Alchemy, so there’s that to deal with. The mid-season finale, Episode 9, kinda creates a new problem for our heroes that they weren’t anticipating — something that they’ve never faced before. Flashpoint won’t loom as large as the challenge that presents itself in Episode 9.

Guggenheim: “Arrow’s” mid-season finale has a fair amount of discussion about Flashpoint given the fact that the crossover outed it to the “Arrow” characters that weren’t Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). They deal with it in some humorous ways actually, for example Curtis (Echo Kellum) is concerned that maybe he was straight originally.

Was the message that Barry sent from the future talking about Flashpoint, or was it about more changes he makes sometime in the future?

Kreisberg: The message from the future relates to Flashpoint, but it also may relate to something else coming up.

With Stein and Jax (Franz Drameh) keeping Stein’s daughter a secret cause strife within the group?

Guggenheim: “Legends” operates different than “Arrow,” which is all about people keeping secrets and secrets coming out, but I will say that we’re setting up “Legends'” mid-season finale where the ramifications of that secret do come into play.

What were some of the scenes that you wanted to get in to the episodes that were left on the cutting room floor?

Kreisberg: There was a little exchange between Sara (Caity Lotz) and Kara (Melissa Benoist) where Sara says “hey, do you want to get a drink when this is all over,” and Kara says, “I think you wanna meet my sister.”

It’s those little moments that were left on the cutting room floor. It’s amazing how many of them we were actually able to keep, because these episodes came in wildly over so it tended to be those little jokey moments that fell by the wayside.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/arrow-f ... 201931686/

- Jefe de Arrow Revela la escena final de la Season y cómo cambia el final de la serie (TVLine):
Jefe de Arrow Revela la escena final de la Season y cómo cambia el final de la serie
Por Matt Webb Mitovich / 04 Dic 2016, 8:44 AM PST

At Arrow‘s very first TCA press tour appearance in summer 2012, it was said that the CW superhero series would end exactly as it began, with the image of Oliver spying the fishing boat that would rescue him from Lian Yu, at the close of his torturous five-year odyssey away from Starling City.

Back then, explaining the superhero series’ flashback structure for the first time, producer Andrew Kreisberg said, “Ideally by the last episode of the series, the very last flashback will be Oliver seeing the boat that rescued him in the pilot.”

That, however, will not be the case.

“Spoiler alert. That’s going to end up being the Season 5 finale,” Arrow showrunner Marc Guggenheim tells TVLine, turning one of our predictions for this TV season into a reality.

“It was really just a hope at that point [in 2012] that the show would run five years,” Guggenheim says of the aforementioned original plan, “and we always thought that we would intercut the final moment of the series with the first moment of the series, that it would form one big Moebius strip.

“There’s still a part of me that wishes we could do that,” the showrunner continues. “But I wouldn’t want to artificially extend the flashbacks [beyond five seasons], and I also wouldn’t want to artificially cut the show short. It would’ve been a beautifully elegant thing, and Five Years Ago Me would’ve loved it. But things change, and I do think it’ll make the Season 5 finale pretty awesome.”

If Guggenheim had known how well the Oliver/Felicity relationship would play, would he have leaned into it sooner? Or hold it for later? "That’s a great question…," he says, pausing to ponder. "I get a lot of s--t online, for reasons, but the way it played out for us was very organic. Like any showrunners, we react to the dailies and we started seeing these two actors have chemistry. So, no, I wouldn’t do anything different."

Which is not to say that, come May, the season will end quietly and poetically with bedraggled Oliver peering over that craggy ridge, setting eyes on salvation.

“Look, we have some incredibly clear plans for what we want to do in the Season 5 finale,” Guggenheim shares. “At the same time, we always leave ourselves room to be like, ‘…and throw this cliffhanger in, throw that twist in.’ Usually the craziest ideas on this show tend to be the ones that the ideas sort of linger, and we never really quite set on them. Like, ‘Oh, maybe we’ll kill off Tommy?’ We don’t fully commit until we’re pretty much breaking the episode.”

http://tvline.com/2016/12/04/arrow-seas ... e-changed/

- Arrow EP Gives a Sneak Peek Of The Mid-Season Finales (EW):

https://soundcloud.com/ewradio/mid-season-finales

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Póster promocional del 5.08 "Invasion" y banner del crossover:

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow | "4 Night Crossover Event w/ Final Fantasy" Promo:

- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow | "4 Night Crossover Event" Promo #3:

- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow | "4 Night Crossover Event" 2 Minutes Promo:

- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow | "4 Night Crossover Event" Extended Promo:
https://twitter.com/TheCW/status/802557562587463680

- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow | "DC Week Crossover" - Melissa Benoist Interview:
https://twitter.com/TheCWSupergirl/stat ... 4694267904

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Revelados título y créditos del 5.12:
El productor Marc Guggenheim ha desvelado en su cuenta de twitter el título y créditos del episodio 5.12, que empieza su producción:

Imagen

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/ ... wsrc%5Etfw

El episodio 5.12 tiene por título "Bratva". Está escrito por Oscar Balderrama & Emilio Ortega Aldrich, y está dirigido por Ben Bray.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 5.09 "What we leave behind":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”