"BITTEN" (Serie TV)

Foro dedicado a Laura Vandervoort que interpreta a Kara.

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, porre, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "BITTEN" (Serie TV)

Mensaje por Shelby »

2.07 "Bad Dreams" Stills:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes BTS de la S2 (ep 7):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@vandiekins22: Tomorrow night @bittentv @SpaceChannel Don't miss it... Or I'll get 'testie' (get it intestines) sneak peek
@jaybeesugar: Gonna be watching tonight's episode and live tweeting w these lovelies @leven_stund @tommieamber #BittenS2
@jaybeesugar: @leven_stund @tommieamber tweeting and perpetratin' #BittenS2
@LarryBambrick: He's happy now, but tonight's #BittenS2 is no laughing matter for Nick @leven_stund
@tommieamber: another dog in the pack - my love Winnie with @leven_stund)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- BITTEN "After Bite" with Greg Bryk, Steve Lund & J.B. Sugar (ep 7):

http://bitten.space.ca/afterbite/inners ... isode-7-2/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 2.08 "Dark Arts":
2.08 "Dark Arts" (28/03/15): Las brujas se apresuran por aunar esfuerzos para la ceremonia de iniciación de Savannah con la esperanza de que el tener un talismán la ayude a dominarse a sí misma para controlar los poderes, el prometido de Elena merodea sobre los preparativos como si tuviera otros motivos superiores en mente. Lo que realmente tiene en la mente es Aleister. Literalmente. Poseído por el brujo solitario, el cuerpo de Clay es un Caballo de Troya escondiendo el mayor peligro que la Manada jamás pueda imaginar — un peligro contra el que el verdadero Clay tendrá que luchar para sobrevivir.

http://lauravandervoort-forum.blogspot. ... -arts.html

- 2.08 "Dark Arts" Stills:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- 2.08 "Dark Arts" Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkTPAdvCti0

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo Póster promocional de SyFy de la S2:

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Laura Vandervoort responde (answers):
Laura Vandervoort responde
Por Danielle Dickson 26 Marzo, 2015

We caught up with Laura Vandervoort on the much anticipated second season of SyFy's "Bitten" and what this werewolf plans to sink her teeth into next. "Bitten's" season 2 will premiere on Syfy on April 17th.

Dickson: Now that Elena has claimed full ownership of her identity as a werewolf, what can we expect from her? Just how bad does she become?

Vandervoort: Elena's perspective and emotions this year has shifted dramatically. Finally accepting her future, allowing her pain and grief to overcome her...and take over. Revenge and righteousness are at the top of the menu. I can not tell you just how bad she gets, but this season was a freeing journey physically and emotionally for the character.

Dickson: What is one storyline that has really surprised you? Was there a scene or episode that when you read the script you couldn't believe?

Vandervoort: Yes. But I can not tell you about it just yet. It is our season 2 finale. I was shocked. You will be as well!

Dickson: What upcoming scene or episode are you really excited for the fans to see?

Vandervoort: I am excited for the fans to see our finale this season! It was an emotional one for the entire cast...For many different reasons. I am proud of our cast and crew and grateful everyone was so committed.

Dickson: In the world of the supernatural, there's one mythical creature that's so far largely been a men-only territory: werewolves. How does it feel to break the mold and play one of the only female werewolves in history?

Vandervoort: I think the werewolf side of Elena's storyline was the last part of the character that drew me to her. Everything that Elena had been through growing up, her strength, intelligence, imperfections and grit all intrigued me. The fact that I was also able to work with and draw from Elena being the only female werewolf was the cherry on top. All the frustrations and agony that come with that responsibility. She is extremely rare. I feel honored to break that mold!

Dickson: Elena is more powerful and more in tune with who she is in season 2, so how did you have to approach playing her character different this season?

Vandervoort: Physically this season I wanted Elena to be more of a fighting machine. I trained with an amazing trainer Michelle Lovitt. She trained me in a very different way, resistance bands, interval training...a few months prior to filming. Emotionally, Elena is still the same person she has always been, however this season she no longer apologizes for it or feels guilt. Her skin has just become that much thicker and her temper that much shorter.

Dickson: What's the best part about filming in your native land of Toronto?

Vandervoort: Definitely being able to support Canadian content and spend 6 months a year with my family and friends at home!

Dickson: "Bitten" was adapted from novels in the "Women Of The Otherworld" series written by Kelley Armstrong. Did you read the novels to prepare for your role?

Vandervoort: We (the cast) were actually told to not read them too thoroughly as the show was going to take some artistic licensing and not follow along exactly. We wanted to do justice to the fans of the novels but also the need to alter certain things for a television series can be common. I read the first book to get an understanding of Elena but really also wanted to work out who she was on my own. On set.

Dickson: So let's switch gears for just a second and talk about "Ted". How much fun was it working with Seth and Mark and being a part of such a laugh out loud comedy?

Vandervoort: Fantastic. Wonderful and talented men. I had a great time.

Dickson: How does it feel to be crowned Hollywood Reporter's "Next Big Thing Under 30"?

Vandervoort: Hahaha. That was a lovely article and I felt rather lucky to be a part of it.

Dickson: I love that you're involved with the Humane Society International's Be Cruelty Free campaign! It's such a great cause! Why do you feel passionately about animal rights?

Vandervoort: I've always been a lover of animals. Perhaps it is because my father grew up on a farm and we always had cats and dogs at home. Visiting my Grandfather on his farm and the neighboring farms to see cows being milked, baby kittens...I have just always loved them. I wanted to be involved with the Humane Society's campaign because I believe very strongly against testing on animals. It is no longer a necessary format for testing products. It is cruel and barbaric.

Dickson: How can we get involved and help the humane society fight cosmetics testing on animals?

Vandervoort: As consumers, we can fight cosmetic testing on animals by being aware of the products you buy and use. Educate yourself on brands, find cruelty free products (of which there are many) available to you. Sign the petition to ban animal testing in Canada and around the world. Talk to your friends! For more info visit the Humane Society's website!

Dickson: Lastly, tell us about your recent trip to Africa with World Vision and their Starting Strong campaign! What did you learn?

Vandervoort: I was given the opportunity to travel with World Vision Canada to AFRICA for 10 days. As a Canadian ambassador and having sponsored two children through world vision for the past 10 years, I wanted to further understand how the organization worked. It was an incredible trip and very educational. Starting Strong is a program they have implemented that helps women and their children -9 months (in the womb) to 2 years. Many children are stunted and this is irreversible after 2 years old. The program helps build clinics, supplies knowledge on nutrition to local volunteers, education on hygiene and sanitation. Solar fridges for vaccination storage, birthing charts...Helping many mothers and children in need. World Vision enables these women to continue on the road to health for themselves and their children. Long term.

http://www.answers.com/article/1282562/ ... andervoort

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- BITTEN "After Bite" with Steve Lund & a snippet with Laura Vandervoort (ep 8 ):

http://www.space.ca/video/player?vid=577933
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pm1bpHwo7o

- "Movie magic", S2 bts vid with Greyston Holt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo8HtzNq6SQ

- "Movie magic", S2 bts vids with Laura Vandervoort:

https://instagram.com/p/3b5bj3qL-s/
https://instagram.com/p/3b5XMAqL-j/

- Nueva imagen BTS de la S2 de Greyston Holt:

Imagen

(@greystonh: The aftermath of an epic fight. I think @GregBryk and I earned our pay on this day. What a fight! #Bitten #Episode8)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Gate Magazine" Interview with 'Bitten' star Sean Rogerson (31-03-15):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whsYwAQb37I

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nueva imagen promocional de SyFy de la S2:

Imagen

(Thanks to @TVLine)

- Nueva imagen bts de la S2 (01-04-15):

Imagen

(@jotabey: Sorrentino sandwich. #cuzinlovin @benjaminayres @leven_stund #BittenS2)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 2.09 "Scavenger's Daughter":
2.09 "Scavenger's Daughter" (04/04/15): Con el hrchizo de Aleister del Undoing en progreso, Elena, Clay, Paige, y Nick intentan encontrarle, antes de que sea demasiado tarde. Mientras tanto, Jeremy ayuda a Ruth a adentrarse en la magia de la Mano Izquierda para derrotar a Aleister desde lejos, y Logan escala hacia su propia esquina oscura después de que Rachel le de noticias devastadoras.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/bitten ... ghter.html?

- Stills del 2.09 "Scavenger´s Daughter":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- 2.09 "Scavenger's Daughter" Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRgi-br2xac

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes promocionales de la S2 de "Bitten" en SyFy:

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Bitten 2.10 "Fine Temporum" Promo (Season Finale):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3lMR6CJnTw

- Bitten 2.10 "Fine Temporum" Sneak Peek (Season Finale):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tK99y2SUOo

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Geek Hard Presents: Chattin' with the cast of Bitten at the Toronto ComiCon (March 2015):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGbuZbIs4ak

- BITTEN Entrevista con Greyston Holt & Laura Vandervoort (nicegirlstv):
BITTEN Entrevista con Greyston Holt & Laura Vandervoort
Por Leah 09 Abril, 2015

We had the chance to chat with lovely Greyston Holt & Laura Vandervoort about the upcoming season of Bitten before the second season premieres April 17th. We also have some cool Bitten content coming out next week so be sure to check back.

Witches:
Greyston Holt: I think it just – it broadens all of our horizons a little bit you know. It’s a big bomb to drop in our world that there was – there were others out there with you know supernatural abilities and there’s a whole new world that’s opened up and I think it’s just kind of made all of us a little more accepting and trustworthy of the world around us. I think you know initially you know the werewolves, the pack, we are you know obviously very weary of the witches and you know their intentions. But as the season progresses you know there’s another darker force out there that we realized and we also realized that we need to – we need their help and they need our help in order to deal with this new enemy.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. I think – you know this – I – like what Greyston said, the witches are a whole supernatural force that we – like most of the world with us didn’t know existed and it’s not something we can really go up against. I mean, we have brute force and the pack mentality and pack law but when it comes to their abilities, we really have no way to counteract them. And it does seem like they are our enemies but that I think eventually we – without giving anything away, we choose to work together because there’s strength in numbers and combining our abilities to help solve the problem we’re trying to solve this season.

Greyston Holt: Yes. And I think it’s really interesting dynamic that season two is kind of like what Laura was touching on there was – is that, yes, the werewolves, we deal in physicality and strength. And the witches deal in magic and spells. So to see those two sides kind of butt heads and come together is a really interesting dynamic this season.

Werewolf Dating:
Laura Vandervoort: I guess for the characters it would – like we’d go to some restaurant that serves raw meat and maybe go see Werewolf in London at some old theater and…

Greyston Holt: Oh, you’re really hitting on the nose there.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes, and then go – and I’ve thought about this for Elena for a long time – and then have a nice little fire at StoneHaven.

Greyston Holt: Yes, and ‘Hungry like a Wolf,’ you know.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes.

Greyston Holt: Yes. It sounds about right.

Relationship Issues:
Greyston Holt: Yes. Well I think you know there – you know a lot of the big things are out of the way relationship wise but we do face – you know we’re back together you know that’s definite. But there are a lot of obstacles that we have to face this season. I think Clay has really taken – taking a step back and just kind of letting Elena deal with some of her issues this season.

Laura Vandervoort: Her issues.

Greyston Holt: Issues, yes. It’s not euphemism by the way.

Action:
Laura Vandervoort: I think we all – we’re all very eager to do the action. I think – and you know most of the guys – you know all of the guys actually are very capable of doing all of their own stunts and I wanted to keep up with them. And I think it’s a nice break from – you know we have very dramatic, heavy emotional scenes every week. So when we get an opportunity to be physical like that and I think it’s a nice break for us. And we do rehearse on weekends with our stunt coordinator John Stead who is amazing and comes up with these fight sequences that – you know especially this season, will you know blow the audience’s minds I think and he always seems to incorporate the animalistic side of wolf fights within our fights. So I think we enjoy it. It is tiring but definitely worth it. And I think it’s better for the audience because they can actually see our faces and it’s more believable. We do have amazing stunt people who step in for us when it’s rather dangerous or we’re not able to do it. But it’s nice for the audience to see our faces while we’re fighting.

Greyston Holt: Yes. And it’s like – it’s definitely a catharsis you know because we go through so many different emotions you know and it’s such a mentally demanding show, that – in that respect but you know it’s nice just to shut the brain of kind of and – I mean plus we need the brain for the choreography. But you know just to – just the outlet physically is a really nice thing to do every couple of episodes. And it’s fun. Like you know this is the first time I’ve really done extensive stunt choreography and it’s like a – it’s kind of like a dance once you – you know once you know the – all the moves and the hits and the punches once you’re you know proficient at it, it’s a lot of fun and it’s nice to come home – you know most days you come home from set, you’re emotionally drained but it’s nice to like come home and you just beaten, bruised and you know.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. I’m usually – I’m usually the one that’s extremely bruised.

Greyston Holt: Yes, you bruise easy. I think it’s the way you fight too.

Laura Vandervoort: I think I just don’t know how to hit lightly.

Greyston Holt: Your fights are a lot different.

Relationship Advice:
Laura Vandervoort: Passion.

Greyston Holt: Passion, yes. That we all have secrets and sometimes you need your partner to help you keep it secret. I don’t know.

Laura Vandervoort: Or to help you get through it. I mean their relationship is a little you know in flux season one and I think – I mean you have to look at it that Clay is her one true love and she’s destined to be with him and she was fighting that. And maybe you know – maybe human relationships need to look at what their heart is really telling them and to listen to that, because I think we’re all looking for the right fit and sometimes the right fit is the wrong fit and it’s someone not just you truly are in love with and have fun with, and that was Clay for her and she tried to deny that. She tried to you know check off the boxes of what she feels a woman needs in society as a human. But maybe you know as human relationships in the world need to look at passion and what your heart is truly telling you and not try to check off those boxes.

Greyston Holt: Yes. Nailed it. You nailed that answer.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. Nothing really more to be said. That was a pretty perfect answer.

The Power of Social Media
Greyston Holt: I think you know the powers to be take it all into account and you know I think what it comes down to it you know numbers are you know one of the major things they look at but they also look at your – fan reaction and the passion of the fans. I mean, it’s amazing the power social media now and getting the word out. I mean you know people are reading positive tweets and you know things on the show and it’s only going to get more people into watching the show, so it’s definitely talked about and taken into account.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes, I agree. And I know a lot of the fans on social media will tweet saying that they love how interactive the cast is both with live tweeting, and in between episodes we’re answering their questions and talking about them or following them. We have some great fans that I think we’ve all met at conventions that you know come to all of our cons, to our signings, they make t-shirts, and jewelry, and bags and they’re just phenomenal, so having their support you know like any show helps with the ratings, helps with being picked up and we hope that continues this season.

Greyston Holt: Yes. And it’s funny like I – like I – you know I’m getting to – like you know on Twitter you know I’m starting to recognize faces that you know are more active on our – you know on tweeting about Bitten and it’s – you know quite a few times have been at conventions now and I see them in line, I’m like, “I know that person.” I’m like, “Oh my God, you’re that person on Twitter that you know tweets about our show.” That’s cool with this one.

Laura Vandervoort: Completely, yes.

Horror:
Laura Vandervoort: I mean this season, the horror definitely adds up. There’s much more blood and gore, but Elena is separated from the pack a few episodes in and ends up at a compound and sort of – there is a character that has the ability to get into the minds of our pack and sort of put the characters into a mind palace with their worst fears coming true and they have to deal with them. And for Elena, you can imagine there’s a lot of things that she’s had go on in her life and guilt and all that that she’s got to you know basically confront within this mind palace and you know we’ve got insane explosions and fight sequences, because Elena is sort of in this assassin mode, she’s ripping body parts off and it did get intense this season and I – actually I’m just looking at a photo where I’m covered in blood that I think I’m going to be posting soon. So I had a lot of fun doing that this season. I’m a huge horror fan and one of our writers Wil Zmak is aware of that so he wrote an episode I think specifically for me to quench those needs and I had my own little horror movie in one episode which was a lot of fun. Greyston?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I guess it’s – the other person does what you want to say like, “Ooh, I love that.” But, yes, this is definitely a darker, more heady season. It really kind of – it’s twisted and really affects you in a – in a mental level. It’s – you know there’s a lot of unknown forces around us happening and it’s trying to figure out what’s happening in this world, because our world is physical and this new world is very supernatural and magical and fantastical and it’s really thrown us for a loop. But it’s definitely a bloodier, sexier, more violent season. And it just has – we have a new director of photography this season, Boris, and he’s really put a dark tone on the show. He has this thing called the dark side where you know you’ll notice in this show more specifically on the interior scenes. There’s a further shot on half of our face and it really kind of add to this dramatic tone. So visually this season is just – it’s – I think affects you more. It’s – you know even if – even if our show’s not – like visually it looks – it looks really appealing, it’s just very rich and dark.

Laura Vandervoort: It’s like – it’s very cinematic this season. It does look like – it does look like it should be on the big screen like a horror film.

Greyston Holt: Yes. All of my friends who have seen any bits of it say that too. It’s like, yes, just looks like a movie that’s you know.

Greyston Holt: Hey Laura.

Laura Vandervoort: Hey Greyston. What’s up? What’s up?

Greyston Holt: What’s up? And then I guess – I mean one of the other key things – I mean everyone knows the premiere date obviously.

Laura Vandervoort: April 17th. And we’re very excited.

Greyston Holt: April 17th, two-hour premiere.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes, I was going to say it’s great that it’s a two hour premiere because it can – I know that the American fans have been you know dying to see it and trying to avoid the spoilers on social media. So they get to sort of get caught up within you know the two hour premiere.

Greyston Holt: And these two episodes really do play well. I mean, the whole season plays well as a whole but these two episodes really I think it was smart to play them back-to-back, just artistically and plotwise it’s like it really kind of go together as a nice little unit, like a two hour premiere. So it will be two hours of edge of your seat TV.

Greyston Holt: Or hiding under your pillow TV. It’s pretty twisted and scary. It’s dark.

Laura Vandervoort: And by – and by the finale, you’ll be using the Kleenex.

Greyston Holt: Yes. Oh, yes, God, the last two episodes there’ll be some tears, I’ll say that.

Laura Vandervoort: I feel like we’re just having a phone conversation with each other talking.

Greyston Holt: Yes. We need to do this more often, Laura, just talk about the show. I’ll call you and we’ll just talk about it.

Laura Vandervoort: I know

http://nicegirlstv.com/2015/04/09/bitte ... ndervoort/

- Entrevista a Laura Vandervoort any Greyston Holt – Bitten (starrymag):
Entrevista a Laura Vandervoort any Greyston Holt – Bitten
Por starrymag | 8 Abril, 2015

Q) I know Laura you already talked about this, but can you talk about kind of your character’s experience being with the witches and how it’s going to kind of change Clay this season?

Greyston: Yes. I mean, I think it just – it broadens all of our horizons a little bit. It’s a big bomb to drop in our world that there was – there were others out there with supernatural abilities and there’s a whole new world that’s opened up and I think it’s just kind of made all of us a little more accepting and trustworthy of the world around us.

Q) Laura had said how on set sometimes you guys joke that it would be nice to see them just go out on kind of a normal date. So my question is, what do you two think that would be for them?

Laura: I mean I guess for the characters it would – like we’d go to some restaurant that serves raw meat and maybe go see Werewolf in London at some old theater and…

Greyston: Oh, you’re really hitting on the nose there.

Laura: Yes, and then go – and I’ve thought about this for Elena for a long time – and then have a nice little fire at StoneHaven.

Greyston: Yes, and ‘Hungry like a Wolf.’

Q) So getting into a little more of the witch aspect, I think I’ve seen the first couple of episodes of the season, I really liked them and can you talk a little bit more about how that relationship sort of evolves with the witches? It seems to begin at sort of an enemy of my enemy is my friend. But can you talk a little bit about how that changes over the course of this season?

Greyston: Yes. I think initially the werewolves, the pack, we are obviously very weary of the witches and their intentions. But as the season progresses there’s another darker force out there that we realized and we also realized that we need their help and they need our help in order to deal with this new enemy.

Laura: Yes. I like what Greyston said, the witches are a whole supernatural force that we – like most of the world with us didn’t know existed and it’s not something we can really go up against. I mean, we have brute force and the pack mentality and pack law but when it comes to their abilities, we really have no way to counteract them. And it does seem like they are our enemies but that I think eventually we – without giving anything away, we choose to work together because there’s strength in numbers and combining our abilities to help solve the problem we’re trying to solve this season.

Greyston: Yes. And I think it’s really interesting dynamic that season two is kind of like what Laura was touching on there was – is that, yes, the werewolves, we deal in physicality and strength. And the witches deal in magic and spells. So to see those two sides kind of butt heads and come together is a really interesting dynamic this season.

Q) Does it help Elena at all to sort of have this feminine energy introduced as well since she’s really the lone woman in her pack?

Greyston: Hey, Clay has a feminine side.

Laura: He does – he does – he is concerned about his hair and does take a while to get ready before we go out to hunt. I mean it was – it was personally nice for me to have female energy on the set because as much as I love the boys, I would tend to always be the only girl. So it was nice to have these wonderful actresses on the show. And then for Elena as well, there’s one of the three – well the three witches, she has great relationships with throughout the season, they sort of develop. But there’s a young witch that she sort of takes on a mothering aspect with and has sort of a protective vibe with her throughout the season that just gets stronger as they are sort of forced to be together and to take care of one another. And so that’s a thing that’s the nurturing side of Elena because last season she was an unsure woman who didn’t know where she belong. This season, she sort of very certain as to who she is and her future and is very violent in ways, but then to juxtapose this little girl brings out the warm side of her.

Q) At the end of the last season, Elena and Clay finally reconciled. I’m sure the shippers out there were thrilled. Can you talk a little bit more of what to expect from this relationship, if there’s any – going to be anything different going into the new season?

Greyston; Well I think there a lot of the big things are out of the way relationship wise but we do face – we’re back together that’s definite. But there are a lot of obstacles that we have to face this season. I think Clay has really taken – taking a step back and just kind of letting Elena deal with some of her issues this season.

Laura: Her issues.

Greyston: Issues, yes. It’s not euphemism by the way.

Q) Now that you’ve gotten season one done and under the belt, are there going to be any other more difference going into season two? Anything that may be different now that you’ve done first season?

Laura: I mean speaking for myself but I think it’s most of us, at the beginning of this first season we were all a little bit nervous to get it right and make the fans happy because the books existed before, we were recasting the roles and – so that – it’s important to the fans. So we wanted to get it right. And I think now that they’ve accepted the show and they’re happy and the fans – the fan base has been growing, it sort of gives us a little more freedom to play with the characters and we’re more comfortable. We were always comfortable with one another but the comfort factor is a lot higher and this season it’s a darker show with witchcraft, and it’s gorier. So I think this season we just feel more comfortable to expand our characters’ minds a little bit more and the writers always give us great material. So we are following the books in a way but taking a lot of liberty.

Q) I’m kind of wondering if you’ve talked to fans of the book series and kind of what have been their reactions to seeing Elena and Clay really come to life?

Greyston: We get feedback on many levels. There’s Twitter now and the online forum. But the best is we go to these conventions and meeting with fans more often and I think like anything there’s a certain amount of winning friends over in the beginning especially when these characters already existed and we have to kind of do our own version of them and our own interpretation. But I think people have – at least the doubters in the beginning have grown to love our characters and then I think the people who were with us right on board from the beginning are just happy to see it come to life. But everyone, the reaction’s been amazing.

Laura: Yes. Like Greyston said, social media this tool now that we can use to interact with the fans has been – it’s a double-edged sword but it’s great when you get the fans that really want to talk to you and are excited about the show. And you can send out behind the scenes photos and get them excited as well and their live tweeting and the instant feedback we can give them on the show as they’re watching it is amazing. And then like Greyston said as well, the conventions. It’s just a great way to talk to them what they like about the show, what they don’t like. Hopefully there isn’t anything that they don’t like. But they seemed very happy with what we’ve done so far so we’re grateful that they’re watching.

Q) Greyston, speaking of Clay’s hair, how long does it take for his hair to be camera ready?

Greyston: I pretty much always have long hair… It’s just kind of always the way I like to keep my hair so it’s – unless a part comes along my – in the off time from Bitten, it’s pretty much a longer length so I rarely cut it short unless I need to.

Laura: And it is not there because – it’s not there because Greyston will come in to the trailer and like his hair is already perfect. You just have to mess it up.

Greyston: No. But they still put some time – I don’t know, I mean – but I’m still like a good 20 minutes in getting my hair ready. So I don’t know what they do .

Laura: But it’s like that messy like – OK, all right.

Greyston: OK? All right? All right?

Laura: You’re supposed to say you always look like that.

Q) We find out pretty early in season two without being specific about spoilers for folks who haven’t seen the episode yet that what Clay thought about his childhood and how he came into the Danvers family wasn’t exactly correct. Will that weigh on him through the course of this season now that he has more information about his human family?

Greyston: Yes, definitely. I mean, that was a huge, huge blow to Clay. I mean, it’s everything he thought that was wasn’t. And I think there’s just – it just set in stone in Clay’s heart just what it needs to be done and that going to be the bottom of this and capturing Malcolm is just priority number one and putting him to justice because he is not a good dude. And the thing we’re all chasing, right, is Malcolm. So many reasons – we all have our individual reasons why we want to bring Malcolm to justice and basically squash him, kill him.

Q) Both of you seem to have a lot of action scenes. And I was just wondering if it’s physically challenging to do all the action on the show?

Laura: We’re all very eager to do the action. And most of the guys – all of the guys actually are very capable of doing all of their own stunts and I wanted to keep up with them. And I think it’s a nice break from – we have very dramatic, heavy emotional scenes every week. So when we get an opportunity to be physical like that and I think it’s a nice break for us. And we do rehearse on weekends with our stunt coordinator John Stead who is amazing and comes up with these fight sequences that – especially this season, will blow the audience’s minds I think and he always seems to incorporate the animalistic side of wolf fights within our fights. So I think we enjoy it. It is tiring but definitely worth it. And I think it’s better for the audience because they can actually see our faces and it’s more believable. We do have amazing stunt people who step in for us when it’s rather dangerous or we’re not able to do it. But it’s nice for the audience to see our faces while we’re fighting.

Greyston: Yes. And it’s definitely a catharsis because we go through so many different emotions and it’s such a mentally demanding show, that – in that respect, but it’s nice just to shut the brain of kind of and – I mean plus we need the brain for the choreography. But just the outlet physically is a really nice thing to do every couple of episodes. And it’s fun. Like this is the first time I’ve really done extensive stunt choreography and it’s like a – it’s kind of like a dance once you – once the – all the moves and the hits and the punches once you’re proficient at it, it’s a lot of fun and it’s nice to come home – most days you come home from set, you’re emotionally drained but it’s nice to like come home and you just beaten, bruised.

Laura:

Greyston; I don’t. I’ve been rocking a ponytail lately actually.

Laura: I’m usually the one that’s extremely bruised.

Greyston: Yes, you bruise easy. I think it’s the way you fight too.

Laura: I think I just don’t know how to hit lightly.

Q) Laura, I noticed that you both had been in Smallville which I absolutely loved. And I just wanted to know, did you two get a chance to interact when you were on Smallville or was that just like a one episode thing where you didn’t see each other?

Greyston: I did a guess star and I think that was before Laura was cast.

Laura: I did four year on it from season seven on. So our characters never really existed within the same world. So we actually never met but we did talk about that when we were both cast on Bitten, how we both – our connections with Smallville.

Q) What can you tell us about how your characters are – finding these new characters and without getting too spoilish and are you guys as actors enjoying having more people playing in your universe?

Greyston: I mean obviously it’s just nice to have this female element introduced to our show and then Laura of course. Yes, I think that’s been – it’s been really great for her to have this female presence around. But it’s just – it’s been an interesting – when you think that you’re the only ones that exists in this in this world and then you find out there are others with powers and abilities, I mean it kind of shocks your world, right? And it’s just been – it’s been really interesting and challenging to incorporate these witches into our world and just to interact with them and see how we interact with them and personally speaking the only interaction I have with females on the show is with Laura and she’s like my one true love. But it was interesting just to have other women around and to see and I didn’t even know how I was going to react to having them around on camera and with my character. So it was kind of just finding the moments and the beats and seeing how we interact. But it was very interesting and challenging.

Laura: It completely changes the tone of the show. From the first season to this season, it’s – not that it’s a completely different show but the look and the material that we’re dealing with is completely different.And for the fans of the witches, they certainly get their share of them this season. And it’s not just the female witches, there is a bad presence that is after the pack and they have to deal with that and you’ll discover who that is as the season goes on and it’s just someone that they really have no way of dealing with. And – so that last season, our threat was either ourselves or the humans and the (mutt), this season, it’s a whole new realm of possibilities and dangers for the pack.

Greyston: That we didn’t know existed until now. So it’s kind of a – it’s a shock.

Q) You guys play a werewolf couple, what advice do you think modern/human couples could learn from Clay and Elena?

Laura: Passion.

Greyston: Passion, yes. That we all have secrets and sometimes you need your partner to help you keep it secret. I don’t know.

Laura: Or to help you get through it. I mean their relationship is a little in flux season one and I think – I mean you have to look at it that Clay is her one true love and she’s destined to be with him and she was fighting that. And maybe human relationships need to look at what their heart is really telling them and to listen to that, because I think we’re all looking for the right fit and sometimes the right fit is the wrong fit and it’s someone not just you truly are in love with and have fun with, and that was Clay for her and she tried to deny that. She tried to check off the boxes of what she feels a woman needs in society as a human. But maybe as human relationships in the world need to look at passion and what your heart is truly telling you and not try to check off those boxes.

Q) So in the first few episodes, we don’t see as much of the wolves. Is there going to be more spacing out throughout the season where things are sort of consciously. Was it a creative direction or special effects direction that some of the fight scenes early on you would think at least one of the pack would wolf out to participate in the fight but everybody stayed human. Can you talk a little bit about how that will change between season one and season two?

Greyston: Yes, there’s definitely some wolfing out that happens as the season progresses. But in the beginning it’s about introducing these this new world, the witches, right? But there are definitely some fights coming up that involve like actors in wolf form.

Q) We see early on in the season that Clay sort of gets into investigative mode as wearing his doctor hat and honestly for a moment there I thought, “Oh, that’s right, he does have a PhD.” So do we see more of that throughout the season where he’s – because a part of this is introducing a new world that really his anthropology background comes into play here. So will we see him use more of those skills throughout the season?

Greyston: Yes, you definitely do. And there’s – yes, like you’re saying, it’s definitely like an investigative element to this season. Like a true detective vibe. And Clay definitely calls upon his skills and his knowledge as an anthropology professor and anthropologist to help get to the bottom of this. So I think it’s an interesting turn this season, right? It wasn’t just about a wolf instincts, it was about using our brains and really figuring how to deal with this new world of the witches and it’s kind of an unknown world. I mean at first we’re not really sure what to expect and what it is and it’s a lot of just deciphering and decoding the world around us and I just happen to have good set of skills in this case to help deal with that.

Laura: But what’s funny, Greyston is as you said that this season that the wolves are using their brains more, I feel like Elena’s using it less this season. The previous season, she was a bit of a head – it’s like Queen Elena has in a way like this season she’s just very animalistic and in kill mode. I mean, she does use her brain at all times obviously, especially when investigating the dark presence. But the most part…

Greyston: I think what’s driving you this season though is more of the blood lust.

Q) We don’t want to spoil anything but there’s a scene where Elena has a long overdue conversation, I’ll put it that way and you just almost vibrate at the table because you’re so angry, and I thought that was interesting to see that she really is almost feral this season because she’s so hell bent on correcting what happened at the end of last season.

Laura: Yes. And that’s to be expected because this season takes up three days prior to the finale and as we all saw in the finale, Philip’s head was in her bed so she – I love how that rhymes every time I say it. She is…

Greyston: Real bed head.

Laura: She is still – head in the bed. She’s still seeing red and it’s a nice change for me too because season one, I was just so emotional and, “Oh, where do I belong?” And this season, it’s just go time and that was a lot of fun for me especially I am separated from the pack mid season. So she is on her own and very instinctual with the young witch and with protecting herself and this young girl.

Q) You talked about interacting with fans on social media. Can you talk a little bit about whether or how that had any effect on you all getting a second season? Do you think fans weighing on how much they really wanted to see these characters again helped you all do that?

Greyston: I think the powers to be take it all into account and I think what it comes down to it numbers are one of the major things they look at but they also look at your – fan reaction and the passion of the fans. I mean, it’s amazing the power social media now and getting the word out. I mean people are reading positive tweets and things on the show and it’s only going to get more people into watching the show, so it’s definitely talked about and taken into account.

Laura: Yes, I agree. And I know a lot of the fans on social media will tweet saying that they love how interactive the cast is both with live tweeting, and in between episodes we’re answering their questions and talking about them or following them. We have some great fans that I think we’ve all met at conventions that come to all of our cons, to our signings, they make t-shirts, and jewelry, and bags and they’re just phenomenal, so having their support like any show helps with the ratings, helps with being picked up and we hope that continues this season.

Greyston: Yes. And it’s funny like I – like I – I’m getting to – like on Twitter I’m starting to recognize faces that are more active on our – on tweeting about Bitten and it’s – quite a few times have been at conventions now and I see them in line, I’m like, “I know that person.” I’m like, “Oh my God, you’re that person on Twitter that tweets about our show.” That’s cool with this one.

Laura: Completely, yes. Sure.

Q) I’m wondering; how does working on a show that’s based on a 13-book series kind of affected your approach to playing the characters, or do you just try to focus on like what’s on the page and kind of leave the books to their place?

Greyston: Well, I think – and initially I think we all obviously drew from the books as a sort of base knowledge. But it kind of becomes its own thing after that. You make some choices about your character initially, first season and then – and then you really just have to ride out the show, like the show like kind of becomes its own thing after that. And this season, we’re stepping a little away from the books. So it’s for me at list. I don’t know if I can speak for the rest of the cast. It’s about what’s on the page at this point. Whereas initially, it was – it was about researching the characters. But you have to kind of take some creative license and liberty to make it your own. But, yes, there we go.

Laura: Yes. He kind of said what I was going to say. I read the first book when I was cast just to have an understanding and spoke to our executive producer, but I think, yes, it’s about what’s on the page, it’s about what we’re creating as a show and we want to make the fans happy but at the same time have to work within the realm of what our writers are coming up with, which is always fantastic and shocking and bloody and amazing. So the books are a source I guess if we want to go to to see sort of what the future might hold, but other than that, I’d like to go by the script and be pleasantly surprised.

Q) Do you guys ever kind of sneak on to like Wikipedia or something to try to get some spoilers or do you just like to be surprised as the scripts come in?

Greyston: Since we are really kind of taking a turn away, like we’re – some people are interesting within the realm of the books but TV is a different animal, right, and it’s – the writers are kind of finding – creating our own path now in regards to the show Bitten. So even if there are spoilers in the books, it doesn’t necessarily mean we’re going to include them in the show. So it’s interesting to find out definitely as a source material but it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will affect the show.

Q) Are there any other kind of pairings on the show that you’d like to see get together or any kind of love connections that you guys as actors would like to see those characters get together?

Greyston: I can’t believe I’m forgetting the police officer in the first season.

Laura: Yes. They need to get together or I think we need to try to bite a female and help her survive for Jeremy or just find a human. He needs a little loving too.

Greyston: Like what’s – what is Jeremy doing like to quench his sexual appetite? Like I don’t know. We don’t know.

Laura: Well I have a pretty good idea but he’s our father. We can’t be thinking about that – we can’t – he’s changing. He’s getting his frustrations out wall painting and we haven’t seen him paint in a while so who knows

Greyston: Sure. We know what he’s doing in the painting room.

Laura: We know what he’s really doing.

Q) If you guys talk about the like enhanced side of the horror that we’ll see this season?

Greyston: Sure. Love to.

Laura: I mean this season, the horror definitely adds up. There’s much more blood and gore, but Elena is separated from the pack a few episodes in and ends up at a compound and sort of – there is a character that has the ability to get into the minds of our pack and sort of put the characters into a mind palace with their worst fears coming true and they have to deal with them. And for Elena, you can imagine there’s a lot of things that she’s had go on in her life and guilt and all that that she’s got to basically confront within this mind palace and we’ve got insane explosions and fight sequences, because Elena is sort of in this assassin mode, she’s ripping body parts off and it did get intense this season and I – actually I’m just looking at a photo where I’m covered in blood that I think I’m going to be posting soon. So I had a lot of fun doing that this season. I’m a huge horror fan and one of our writers Wil Zmak is aware of that so he wrote an episode I think specifically for me to quench those needs and I had my own little horror movie in one episode which was a lot of fun.

Greyston: Yes. I guess it’s – the other person does what you want to say like, “Ooh, I love that.” But, yes, this is definitely a darker, more heady season. It really kind of – it’s twisted and really affects you in a – in a mental level. There’s a lot of unknown forces around us happening and it’s trying to figure out what’s happening in this world, because our world is physical and this new world is very supernatural and magical and fantastical and it’s really thrown us for a loop. But it’s definitely a bloodier, sexier, more violent season. And it just has – we have a new director of photography this season, Boris, and he’s really put a dark tone on the show. He has this thing called the dark side where you’ll notice in this show more specifically on the interior scenes. There’s a further shot on half of our face and it really kind of add to this dramatic tone. So visually this season is just – it’s – I think affects you more. It’s – even if our show’s not – like visually it looks – it looks really appealing, it’s just very rich and dark.

Laura: It’s like – it’s very cinematic this season. It does look like – it does look like it should be on the big screen like a horror film.

Greyston: Yes. All of my friends who have seen any bits of it say that too. It’s like, yes, just looks like a movie. I mean everyone knows the premiere date obviously.

Laura: April 17th. And we’re very excited. I was going to say it’s great that it’s a two hour premiere because it can – I know that the American fans have been dying to see it and trying to avoid the spoilers on social media. So they get to sort of get caught up within the two hour premiere.

Greyston: And these two episodes really do play well. I mean, the whole season plays well as a whole but these two episodes really I think it was smart to play them back-to-back, just artistically and plotwise it’s like it really kind of go together as a nice little unit, like a two hour premiere. So it will be two hours of edge of your seat TV. Or hiding under your pillow TV. It’s pretty twisted and scary. It’s dark.

Laura: And by the finale, you’ll be using the Kleenex.

Greyston: Yes. Oh, yes, God, the last two episodes there’ll be some tears, I’ll say that.

Q) I was wondering is what is the most fun for you guys on the show?

Greyston: Lunchtime.

Laura: Greyston likes the food. I think for me, it’s working with all the guys. I mean obviously we love our characters in the show and playing out these characters and all the different scenarios that they have to deal with and watching them grow as we grow, but I just love working with the guys, we all miss each other when we’re not working and we have a lot of fun and we learn from one another.

Greyston: I’d have to say the same thing. Like just our family. Like we’re so fortunate too being in a show where – and I know I can speak on everyone’s behalf that we all look forward to coming to work in the morning and just hanging out and then getting to act together and work out scenes and everyone’s very supportive and we go through a lot of heavy emotions in the show and it’s nice to have a group of people that understands the emotions and is there for support. But at the same time like we – because we like each other so much we keep it light. We’re always laughing and having a good time. So it’s a great thing.

Laura: I don’t think any of us have ever gotten into like a fight or there’s never been any awkward personal problems with the cast. We all support one another and after scenes, we’re all congratulating each other on the work that they’ve done or I – there’s never been any bad intentions on anyone’s behalf which is really nice because actors can be fickle people and you never know when you put a group of them together what will happen. But in this case, it’s been – it’s been a dream.

Greyston: There’s never any like – there’s never any me or I, it’s always like, us the pack, we, us going through it together

Q) Our Canadian friends are almost through the whole season and you mentioned that this is a much darker, gorier season. So what have you heard from fans about the change in tone and the different look, how they responded?

Greyston: All the response I’ve seen online has been extremely positive.

Laura: Yes. They’ve been very responsive to the change and seem to be really into it. They love the first season but this season, I’m seeing a lot more interaction on Twitter and the fans are live twitting with us and asking what’s going to happen next and being emotional about what they’ve just seen. So they seem to be loving it and they seem to love the addition of the characters of the witches.

Greyston: Yes. And I think this season – the first season is obviously great and we love it. But I think this season – if you haven’t seen the first season, I think you could probably jump into this one and with a bit of basic info and do a recap at the beginning of the season on season one. But I think you can really jump into this season and just fall into the world and I think – and that seems to kind of stand alone.

Q) And both of you did a side project during the height of that were very sweet and light for Up and Hallmark. Do you all look for projects that are a little bit diametrically opposed to Bitten just to sort of give yourself a psychological break and do something that’s completely different? Was that intentional or was just lucky happenstance that you all found some different projects?

Greyston: For me, it would happen to that. I just love to work and if something comes along and the timing’s right, I just – I just like being on a set no matter what it is. But I take every single job that comes my way but it’s – I just – when I’m not working, I feel lost. So it’s nice to just kind of set in for a few days on a movie or whatever it is.

Laura: It’s nice to mix things up a little bit. After season two, I think we were all emotionally and physically drained but loved what we have the opportunity to do but I – like I think most doctors want to try everything and anything and mixing it up is important to me. And like Greyston said you’re not going to – you’re taking absolutely everything but things that excites you in characters that challenge you, you want to be on that – you want to work. I think we’re all workaholics and put everything in to what we do. So it’s nice to try new things and I’ve been working on a kid show that I created and that’s completely different realm from what I just came from sex, blood, and gore to morals and children’s tales. So, yes, it’s nice to change things up. But I don’t think I go looking for it.

Q) Greyston, did you work with the boy who played you in the flashbacks at all?

Greyston: Yes. Clay goes very internal and we call it the mind palace and he’s kind of trapped inside his mind and deals with some of his demons from past and we do have some interaction in that. I don’t want to give to much away about how that comes to me but, yes, he’s very sweet kid but that’s the interaction I had with him on the set. Yes, there wasn’t – so just the way the schedule works out, I don’t think I – I don’t – I can’t remember I met him before we actually started filming. I can’t even recall but I met him a few times and we talked a little bit about it but I kind of let him do his own thing. It’s tough with younger child actors, someone put too much in their head and I just kind of let him take it on his own and do his own thing.

http://starrymag.com/?p=5828

- Laura Vandervoort y Greyston Holt hablan sobre ‘Bitten’ (nerdly.com):
Laura Vandervoort y Greyston Holt hablan sobre ‘Bitten’
Por Phil Wheat 09 Abril, 2015

Syfy’s “werewolf” series Bitten stars is based on the bestselling author Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series of novels. In anticipation of the season 2 debut, we sat down with stars Laura Vandervoort and Greyston Holt to discuss the show and what we can expect from the new season…

Greyston, I know Laura you already talked about this, but can you talk about kind of your character’s experience being with the witches and how it’s going to kind of change Clay this season?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I mean, I think it just – it broadens all of our horizons a little bit you know. It’s a big bomb to drop in our world that there was – there were others out there with you know supernatural abilities and there’s a whole new world that’s opened up and I think it’s just kind of made all of us a little more accepting and trustworthy of the world around us.

And then for both of you, Laura had said how on set sometimes you guys joke that it would be nice to see them just go out on kind of a normal date. So my question is, what do you two think that would be for them?

Greyston Holt: Yes. What would be a normal date? Like normal for us or?

Laura Vandervoort: I mean I guess for the characters it would – like we’d go to some restaurant that serves raw meat and maybe go see Werewolf in London at some old theater and…

Laura Vandervoort: Yes, and then go – and I’ve thought about this for Elena for a long time – and then have a nice little fire at StoneHaven.

Getting into a little more of the witch aspect, I think I’ve seen the first couple of episodes of the season, I really liked them and can you talk a little bit more about how that relationship sort of evolves with the witches? It seems to begin at sort of an enemy of my enemy is my friend. But can you talk a little bit about how that changes over the course of this season?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I think you know initially you know the werewolves, the pack, we are you know obviously very weary of the witches and you know their intentions. But as the season progresses you know there’s another darker force out there that we realized and we also realized that we need to – we need their help and they need our help in order to deal with this new enemy.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. I think – you know this – I – like what Greyston said, the witches are a whole supernatural force that we – like most of the world with us didn’t know existed and it’s not something we can really go up against. I mean, we have brute force and the pack mentality and pack law but when it comes to their abilities, we really have no way to counteract them. And it does seem like they are our enemies but that I think eventually we – without giving anything away, we choose to work together because there’s strength in numbers and combining our abilities to help solve the problem we’re trying to solve this season.

Greyston Holt: Yes. And I think it’s really interesting dynamic that season two is kind of like what Laura was touching on there was – is that, yes, the werewolves, we deal in physicality and strength. And the witches deal in magic and spells. So to see those two sides kind of butt heads and come together is a really interesting dynamic this season.

Does it help Elena at all to sort of have this feminine energy introduced as well since she’s really the lone woman in her pack. Does it help her…

Greyston Holt: Hey, Clay has a feminine side.

Laura Vandervoort: He does – he does – he is concerned about his hair and does take a while to get ready before we go out to hunt.

Greyston Holt: Yes.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. I mean it was – it was personally nice for me to have female energy on the set because as much as I love the boys, I you know would tend to always be the only girl. So it was nice to have these wonderful actresses on the show. And then for Elena as well, there’s one of the three – well the three witches, she has great relationships with throughout the season, they sort of develop. But there’s a young witch that she sort of takes on a mothering aspect with and has sort of a protective vibe with her throughout the season that just gets stronger as they are sort of forced to be together and to take care of you know one another. And so that’s a thing that’s the nurturing side of Elena because last season you know she was an unsure woman who didn’t know where she belong. This season, she sort of very certain as to who she is and her future and is very violent in ways, but then to juxtapose this little girl brings out the warm side of her.

At the end of the last season, Elena and Clay finally reconciled. I’m sure the shippers out there were thrilled. Can you talk a little bit more of what to expect from this relationship, if there’s any – going to be anything different going into the new season?

Greyston Holt: Yes. Well I think you know there – you know a lot of the big things are out of the way relationship wise but we do face – you know we’re back together you know that’s definite. But there are a lot of obstacles that we have to face this season. I think Clay has really taken – taking a step back and just kind of letting Elena deal with some of her issues this season.

Now that you’ve gotten season one done and under the belt, are there any – going to be any other more difference going into season two? Anything that may be different now that you’ve done first season?

Laura Vandervoort: I mean, I think with a – with a lot of shows, the – you know – I mean speaking for myself but I think it’s most of us, at the beginning of this first season we were all a little bit you know nervous to get it right and make the fans happy because the books existed before, we were recasting the roles and – so that – you know it’s important to the fans. So we wanted to get it right. And I think now that they’ve accepted the show and they’re happy and the fans – you know the fan base has been growing, it sort of gives us a little more freedom to play with the characters and we’re more comfortable. We were always comfortable with one another but the comfort factor is a lot higher and this season you know it’s a darker show with witchcraft, and it’s gorier. So I think this season we just feel more comfortable to expand our characters’ minds a little bit more and the writers always give us great material. So we are following the books in a way but taking a lot of liberty.

I was wondering if you’ve talked to fans of the book series and what have been their reactions to seeing Elena and Clay really come to life?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I mean, we – you know we get feedback on you know many levels. You know there’s Twitter now and the online forum. But you know the best is you know we go to these conventions and meeting with fans more often and I think you know like anything you know there’s a certain amount of winning friends over in the beginning especially when you know these characters already existed and we have to kind of do our own version of them and our own interpretation. But I think people have – at least the doubters in the beginning have grown to love our characters and then I think the people who were with us right on board from the beginning are just happy to see it come to life. But everyone, the reaction’s been amazing.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. Like Greyston said, social media you know this tool now that we can use to interact with the fans has been – you know there’s – it’s a double-edged sword but it’s great when you get the fans that really want to talk to you and are excited about the show. And you can you know send out behind the scenes photos and get them excited as well and their live tweeting and the instant feedback we can give them on the show as they’re watching it is amazing. And then like Greyston said as well, the conventions. There – it’s just a great way to talk to them what they like about the show, what they don’t like. Hopefully there isn’t anything that they don’t like. But they seemed very happy with what we’ve done so far so we’re grateful that they’re watching.

We find out pretty early in season two without being specific about spoilers for folks who haven’t seen the episode yet that what Clay thought about his childhood and how he came into the Danvers family wasn’t exactly correct. Will that weigh on him through the course of this season now that he has more information about his human family?

Greyston Holt: Yes, definitely. I mean, that was a huge, huge blow to Clay. I mean, it’s everything he thought that was wasn’t you know. And I think there’s just – it just set in stone in Clay’s heart just what it needs to be done and that you know going to be the bottom of this and capturing Malcolm is just you know priority number one and putting him to justice because he is not a good dude. And it’s – you know it’s kind of the – it’s kind of – you know the thing we’re all chasing, right, is Malcolm. So many reasons – we all have our individual reasons why we want to bring Malcolm to justice and you know basically squash him, kill him.

Both of you seem to have some – a lot of action scenes. And I was just wondering if it’s physically challenging to do all the action on the show?

Laura Vandervoort: I think we all – we’re all very eager to do the action. I think – and you know most of the guys – you know all of the guys actually are very capable of doing all of their own stunts and I wanted to keep up with them. And I think it’s a nice break from – you know we have very dramatic, heavy emotional scenes every week. So when we get an opportunity to be physical like that and I think it’s a nice break for us. And we do rehearse on weekends with our stunt coordinator John Stead who is amazing and comes up with these fight sequences that – you know especially this season, will you know blow the audience’s minds I think and he always seems to incorporate the animalistic side of wolf fights within our fights. So I think we enjoy it. It is tiring but definitely worth it. And I think it’s better for the audience because they can actually see our faces and it’s more believable. We do have amazing stunt people who step in for us when it’s rather dangerous or we’re not able to do it. But it’s nice for the audience to see our faces while we’re fighting.

Greyston Holt: Yes. And it’s like – it’s definitely a catharsis you know because we go through so many different emotions you know and it’s such a mentally demanding show, that – in that respect but you know it’s nice just to shut the brain of kind of and – I mean plus we need the brain for the choreography. But you know just to – just the outlet physically is a really nice thing to do every couple of episodes. And it’s fun. Like you know this is the first time I’ve really done extensive stunt choreography and it’s like a – it’s kind of like a dance once you – you know once you know the – all the moves and the hits and the punches once you’re you know proficient at it, it’s a lot of fun and it’s nice to come home – you know most days you come home from set, you’re emotionally drained but it’s nice to like come home and you just beaten, bruised and you know.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. I’m usually – I’m usually the one that’s extremely bruised.

Greyston Holt: Your fights are a lot different.

Laura, I noticed that you both had been in Smallville which I absolutely loved. And I just wanted to know, did you two get a chance to interact when you were on Smallville or was that just like a one episode thing where you didn’t see each other or–?

Greyston Holt: I – well, I did a guess star and I think that was before Laura was cast.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. I did – I did four year on it from season seven on. So our characters never really existed within the same world. So we actually never met but we did talk about that when we were both cast on Bitten, how we both – you know our connections with Smallville.

There’s going to be so many changes, especially in the characters coming into this season, how – or what can you tell us about how your characters are finding these new characters and without getting too spoilish and are you guys as actors enjoying having more people playing in your universe?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I think it’s – I mean you know obviously it’s just nice to have this female element introduced to our show and then Laura of course. Yes, I think that’s been – it’s been really great for her to have this female presence around. But it’s just – it’s been an interesting – it’s – you know our – you know when you think that you’re the only ones that exists in this you know in this world and then you find out there are others with powers and abilities, I mean it kind of shocks your world, right? And it’s just been – it’s been really interesting and challenging to incorporate these witches into our world and just to interact with them and see how we interact with them and you know my – personally speaking you know the only interaction I have with females on the show is with Laura and she’s like my one true love. But it was interesting just to have other women around and to see and – you know I didn’t even know how I was going to react to having them around on camera and with you know my character. So it was – it was kind of just you know finding the moments and the beats and seeing how we interact. But it was very interesting and challenging.

Laura Vandervoort: It completely changes the tone of the show. It’s – from the first season to this season, it’s – not that it’s a completely different show but the look and the material that we’re dealing with is completely different. And for the fans of the witches, they certainly get their share of them this season. And it’s not just the female witches, there is you know a bad presence that is you know after the pack and they have to deal with that and you’ll discover who that is as the season goes on and it’s just someone that they really have no way of dealing with. And – so that last season, our threat was either ourselves or the humans and the (mutt), this season, it’s a whole new realm of possibilities and dangers for the pack.

Greyston Holt: That we didn’t know existed until now. So it’s kind of a – it’s a shock.

You guys play a werewolf couple, what advice do you think modern/human couples could learn from Clay and Elena?

Greyston Holt: Passion, yes. That we all have secrets and sometimes you need your partner to help you keep it secret. I don’t know.

Laura Vandervoort: Or to help you get through it. I mean their relationship is a little you know in flux season one and I think – I mean you have to look at it that Clay is her one true love and she’s destined to be with him and she was fighting that. And maybe you know – maybe human relationships need to look at what their heart is really telling them and to listen to that, because I think we’re all looking for the right fit and sometimes the right fit is the wrong fit and it’s someone not just you truly are in love with and have fun with, and that was Clay for her and she tried to deny that. She tried to you know check off the boxes of what she feels a woman needs in society as a human. But maybe you know as human relationships in the world need to look at passion and what your heart is truly telling you and not try to check off those boxes.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. Nothing really more to be said. That was a pretty perfect answer.

In the first few episodes, we don’t see as much of the wolves. Is there going to be more spacing out throughout the season where things are sort of consciously. I’m wondering from a – was it a creative direction or special effects direction that some of the fight scenes early on you would think at least one of the pack would wolf out to participate in the fight but everybody stayed human. Can you talk a little bit about how that will change between season one and season two?

Greyston Holt: Yes, there’s definitely some wolfing out that happens as the season progresses. But in the beginning it’s you know it’s about introducing these you know this new world, the witches, right? But there are definitely some fights coming up that involve you know like actors in wolf form so.

We see early on in the season that Clay sort of gets into investigative mode as wearing his doctor hat and honestly for a moment there I thought, “Oh, that’s right, he does have a PhD.” So do we – do we see more of that throughout the season where he’s – because a part of this is introducing a new world that really his anthropology background comes into play here. So will we see him use more of those skills throughout the season?

Greyston Holt: Yes, you definitely do. And there’s – yes, like you’re saying, it’s definitely like an investigative element to this season. Like a true detective vibe you know. And you know Clay definitely calls upon his skills and his knowledge as an anthropology professor and anthropologist to help get to the bottom of this. So I think it’s an interesting turn this season, right? It wasn’t just about a wolf instincts, it was about using our brains and you know really figuring how to deal with this new world of the witches and you know it’s kind of an unknown world. I mean at first you know we’re not really sure what to expect and what it is and it’s a lot of just deciphering and decoding the world around us and I just happen to have you know good set of skills in this case to help deal with that.

Laura Vandervoort: But you know what’s funny, Greyston is as you said that this season that the wolves are using their brains more, I feel like Elena’s using it less this season.

Greyston Holt: Yes, totally.

Laura Vandervoort: The previous season, she was a bit of a head – it’s like Queen Elena has (inaudible) in a way like this season she’s just very animalistic and in you know kill mode. I mean, she does use her brain at all times obviously, especially you know when investigating the dark presence. But the most part…

Greyston Holt: I think what’s driving you this season though is more of the blood lust.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. I think that…

I don’t want to spoil anything but there’s a scene where Elena has a long overdue conversation, I’ll put it that way and you just almost vibrate at the table because you’re so angry, and I thought that was interesting to see that she really is almost feral this season because she’s so hell bent on correcting what happened at the end of last season.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. And you know that’s to be expected because this season takes up three days prior to the finale and you know as we all saw in the finale, Philip’s head was in her bed so she – I love how that rhymes every time I say it. She is…

Greyston Holt: Real bed head.

Laura Vandervoort: She is still – head in the bed. She’s still seeing red and it’s a nice change for me too because season one, I was just so emotional and, “Oh, where do I belong?” And this season, it’s just go time and that was a lot of fun for me especially you know I am separated from the pack mid season. So she is on her own and very instinctual with the young witch and with protecting herself and this young girl, so.

Can you talk a little bit – you talked about interacting with fans on social media. Can you talk a little bit about whether or how that had any effect on you all getting a second season? Do you think fans weighing on how much they really wanted to see these characters again helped you all do that?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I think – I think you know the powers to be take it all into account and you know I think what it comes down to it you know numbers are you know one of the major things they look at but they also look at your – fan reaction and the passion of the fans. I mean, it’s amazing the power social media now and getting the word out. I mean you know people are reading positive tweets and you know things on the show and it’s only going to get more people into watching the show, so it’s definitely talked about and taken into account.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes, I agree. And I know a lot of the fans on social media will tweet saying that they love how interactive the cast is both with live tweeting, and in between episodes we’re answering their questions and talking about them or following them. We have some great fans that I think we’ve all met at conventions that you know come to all of our cons, to our signings, they make t-shirts, and jewelry, and bags and they’re just phenomenal, so having their support you know like any show helps with the ratings, helps with being picked up and we hope that continues this season.

Greyston Holt: Yes. And it’s funny like I – like I – you know I’m getting to – like you know on Twitter you know I’m starting to recognize faces that you know are more active on our – you know on tweeting about Bitten and it’s – you know quite a few times have been at conventions now and I see them in line, I’m like, “I know that person.” I’m like, “Oh my God, you’re that person on Twitter that you know tweets about our show.” That’s cool with this one.

Laura Vandervoort: Completely, yes. Sure.

I’m wondering; how does working on a show that’s based on you know a 13-book series kind of affected your approach to playing the characters, or do you just try to focus on like what’s on the page and kind of leave the books you know to their place?

Greyston Holt: Well you know I think – you know and initially you know I think we all obviously drew from the books as a you know sort of base knowledge. But it kind of becomes its own thing after that. You know you make some choices about your character initially, first season and then – and then you really just have to ride out the show, like the show like kind of becomes its own thing after that. And you know this season, we’re stepping a little away from the books. So it’s for me at list. I don’t know if I can speak for the rest of the cast. It’s about what’s on the page at this point. Whereas initially, it was – it was about you know researching the characters. But you know you have to kind of take some creative license and liberty to make it your own. But, yes, there we go.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. He kind of said what I was going to say. You know I – for me, I read the first book when I was cast just to have an understanding and spoke to our executive producer, but I think, yes, it’s about what’s on the page, it’s about what we’re creating as a show and you know we want to make the fans happy but at the same time have to work within the realm of what our writers are coming up with, which is always fantastic and shocking and bloody and amazing. So the books are a source I guess if we want to go to to see sort of what the future might hold, but other than that, I’d like to go by the script and be pleasantly surprised.

Do you guys ever kind of sneak on to you know like Wikipedia or something to try to get some spoilers or do you just like to be surprised as the scripts come in?

Greyston Holt: I think – since we are really kind of taking a turn away, like we’re – you know some people are interesting within the realm of the books but TV is a different animal, right, and it’s – the writers are kind of finding – creating our own path now in regards to the show Bitten. So you know even if there are spoilers in the books, it doesn’t necessarily mean we’re going to include them in the show. So it’s interesting to find out definitely as a source material but it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will affect the show.

Are there any other kind of pairings on the show that you’d like to see get together or any kind of love connections that you guys as actors would like to see those characters get together?

Greyston Holt: Jeremy, I think…

Greyston Holt: You know what was – I can’t believe I’m forgetting the police officer in the first season.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. They need to get together or I think we need to try to bite a female and help her survive for Jeremy or just find a human. You know he needs a little loving too.

Greyston Holt: Like what’s – what is Jeremy doing like to quench his sexual appetite? Like I don’t know. We don’t know.

Laura Vandervoort: Well I have a pretty good idea but he’s our father. We can’t be thinking about that – we can’t – he’s changing. He’s getting his frustrations out wall painting and we haven’t seen him paint in a while so who knows

Greyston Holt: Sure. We know what he’s doing in the painting room.

Laura Vandervoort: We know what he’s really doing.

Can you guys talk about the like enhanced side of the horror that we’ll see this season.

Laura Vandervoort: I mean this season, the horror definitely adds up. There’s much more blood and gore, but Elena is separated from the pack a few episodes in and ends up at a compound and sort of – there is a character that has the ability to get into the minds of our pack and sort of put the characters into a mind palace with their worst fears coming true and they have to deal with them. And for Elena, you can imagine there’s a lot of things that she’s had go on in her life and guilt and all that that she’s got to you know basically confront within this mind palace and you know we’ve got insane explosions and fight sequences, because Elena is sort of in this assassin mode, she’s ripping body parts off and it did get intense this season and I – actually I’m just looking at a photo where I’m covered in blood that I think I’m going to be posting soon. So I had a lot of fun doing that this season. I’m a huge horror fan and one of our writers Wil Zmak is aware of that so he wrote an episode I think specifically for me to quench those needs and I had my own little horror movie in one episode which was a lot of fun. Greyston?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I guess it’s – the other person does what you want to say like, “Ooh, I love that.” But, yes, this is definitely a darker, more heady season. It really kind of – it’s twisted and really affects you in a – in a mental level. It’s – you know there’s a lot of unknown forces around us happening and it’s trying to figure out what’s happening in this world, because our world is physical and this new world is very supernatural and magical and fantastical and it’s really thrown us for a loop. But it’s definitely a bloodier, sexier, more violent season. And it just has – we have a new director of photography this season, Boris, and he’s really put a dark tone on the show. He has this thing called the dark side where you know you’ll notice in this show more specifically on the interior scenes. There’s a further shot on half of our face and it really kind of add to this dramatic tone. So visually this season is just – it’s – I think affects you more. It’s – you know even if – even if our show’s not – like visually it looks – it looks really appealing, it’s just very rich and dark.

Laura Vandervoort: It’s like – it’s very cinematic this season. It does look like – it does look like it should be on the big screen like a horror film.

Greyston Holt: Yes. All of my friends who have seen any bits of it say that too. It’s like, yes, looks just like a movie.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes, I was going to say it’s great that it’s a two hour premiere because it can – I know that the American fans have been you know dying to see it and trying to avoid the spoilers on social media. So they get to sort of get caught up within you know the two hour premiere.

Greyston Holt: And these two episodes really do play well. I mean, the whole season plays well as a whole but these two episodes really I think it was smart to play them back-to-back, just artistically and plotwise it’s like it really kind of go together as a nice little unit, like a two hour premiere. So it will be two hours of edge of your seat TV.

Greyston Holt: Or hiding under your pillow TV. It’s pretty twisted and scary. It’s dark.

Greyston Holt: Yes. Oh, yes, God, the last two episodes there’ll be some tears, I’ll say that.

What is the most fun for you guys on the show?

Greyston Holt: Lunchtime.

Laura Vandervoort: Greyston likes the food.

Greyston Holt: Yes.

Laura Vandervoort: I think for me, it’s working with all the guys. I mean obviously we love our characters in the show and playing out these characters and all the different you know scenarios that they have to deal with and watching them grow as we grow, but I just love working with the guys, we all miss each other when we’re not working and we have a lot of fun and we learn from one another so.

Greyston Holt: Yes. I’d have to say the same thing. Like just our family. Like we’re so fortunate too being in a show where you know – and I know I can speak on everyone’s behalf that we all look forward to coming to work in the morning and just hanging out and then you know getting to act together and you know work out scenes and you know everyone’s very supportive and you know we go through a lot of heavy emotions in the show and it’s nice to have you know a group of people that understands the emotions and is there you know for support. But at the same time like we – you know because we like each other so much you know we keep it light. You know we’re always laughing and having a good time. So it’s a great thing…

Laura Vandervoort: I don’t think any of us have ever gotten into like a fight or there’s never been any awkward you know personal problems with the cast. We all you know support one another and after scenes, we’re all you know congratulating each other on the work that they’ve done or I – there’s never been any bad intentions on anyone’s behalf which is really nice because you know actors can be fickle people and you never know when you put a group of them together what will happen. But in this case, it’s been – it’s been a dream.

Greyston Holt: Yes. There’s never any like – there’s never any me or I, it’s always like, us the pack, we, us you know going through it together so.

You guys mentioned – and again, I’m dodging spoilers but – you mentioned that this is a much darker, gorier season. So what have you heard from fans about the change in tone and the different look, how they responded.

Greyston Holt: All the response I’ve seen online has been extremely positive. Laura, so?

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. They’ve been – they’ve been very responsive to the change and seem to be really into it. You know they love the first season but this season, I’m seeing a lot more interaction on Twitter and the fans are live twitting with us and you know asking what’s going to happen next and being you know emotional about what they’ve just seen. So they seem to be loving it and they seem to love the addition of the characters of the witches.

Greyston Holt: Yes. And I think this season – the first season is obviously great and we love it. But I think this season – if you haven’t seen the first season, I think you could probably jump into this one and you know with a bit of basic info and do you know a recap at the beginning of the season on season one. But I think you can really jump into this season and just fall into the world and I think – and that seems to kind of stand alone.

Both of you did a side project during the height of that were very sweet and light for Up and Hallmark. Do you all look for projects that are a little bit diametrically opposed to Bitten just to sort of give yourself a psychological break and do something that’s completely different? Was that intentional or was just lucky happenstance that you all found you know some different projects?

Greyston Holt: For me, it would happen to that. I just love to work and if something comes along and the timing’s right, I just – I just like being on a set no matter what it is. So you know – but I take every single job that comes my way but you know it’s – I just – you know when I’m not working, I feel lost. So it’s nice to just kind of set in for a few days on a movie or whatever it is.

Laura Vandervoort: It’s nice – it’s nice to you know to mix things up a little bit. After season two, I think we were all emotionally and physically drained but loved what we have the opportunity to do but I – you know like I think most doctors want to try everything and anything and mixing it up is important to me. And like Greyston said you know you’re not going to – you’re taking absolutely everything but things that you know excites you in characters that challenge you, you want to be on that – you want to work. I think we’re all workaholics and put everything in to what we do. So it’s nice to try new things and you know I’ve been working on a kid show that I created and that’s completely different realm from what I just came from sex, blood, and gore to you know morals and children’s tales. So, yes, it’s nice to change things up. But we – I don’t think I go looking for it.

Greyston, I was curious. Did you work with the boy who played you in the flashbacks at all?

Greyston Holt: Yes. Clay goes very internal and we call it the mind palace and he’s kind of trapped inside his mind and deals with some of his demons from past and we do have some interaction in that. I don’t want to give to much away about how that comes to me but, yes, he’s very sweet kid but that’s the interaction I had with him on the set.

http://www.nerdly.co.uk/2015/04/09/inte ... ss-bitten/

- Laura Vandervoort & Greyston Holt de BITTEN hablan sobre la Season 2 (ohsogray):
Laura Vandervoort & Greyston Holt de BITTEN hablan sobre la Season 2
10 Abril, 2015

Season 2 of Syfy’s Bitten is just around the corner. In anticipation, OHSOGRAY participated in a press call with stars Laura Vandervoort (“Elena”) and Greyston Holt (“Clay”). They dished on their reignited romance, new characters, and the impending darkness threatening their pack.

Bitten returns April 17th at 8/7c on Syfy.

Greyston, can you talk about being with the witches and how it’s going to change Clay this season?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I mean, I think it just – it broadens all of our horizons a little bit you know. It’s a big bomb to drop in our world that there was – there were others out there with you know supernatural abilities and there’s a whole new world that’s opened up and I think it’s just kind of made all of us a little more accepting and trustworthy of the world around us.

Laura, what would a normal date look like for your characters?

Laura Vandervoort: I mean I guess for the characters it would – like we’d go to some restaurant that serves raw meat and maybe go see Werewolf in London at some old theater and…

How does the relationship evolve with the witches?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I think you know initially you know the werewolves, the pack, we are you know obviously very weary of the witches and you know their intentions. But as the season progresses you know there’s another darker force out there that we realized and we also realized that we need to – we need their help and they need our help in order to deal with this new enemy.

Does it help Elena at all to sort of have this feminine energy introduced as well since she’s really the lone woman in her pack?

Laura Vandervoort: He does – he does – he is concerned about his hair and does take a while to get ready before we go out to hunt. Yes. I mean it was – it was personally nice for me to have female energy on the set because as much as I love the boys, I you know would tend to always be the only girl. So it was nice to have these wonderful actresses on the show. And then for Elena as well, there’s one of the three – well the three witches, she has great relationships with throughout the season, they sort of develop. But there’s a young witch that she sort of takes on a mothering aspect with and has sort of a protective vibe with her throughout the season that just gets stronger as they are sort of forced to be together and to take care of you know one another. And so that’s a thing that’s the nurturing side of Elena because last season you know she was an unsure woman who didn’t know where she belong. This season, she sort of very certain as to who she is and her future and is very violent in ways, but then to juxtapose this little girl brings out the warm side of her.

What can we expect to see in Elena and Clay’s relationship?

Now that you’ve gotten season one done and under the belt, are there any – going to be any other more difference going into season two?

Laura Vandervoort: I mean, I think with a – with a lot of shows, the – you know – I mean speaking for myself but I think it’s most of us, at the beginning of this first season we were all a little bit you know nervous to get it right and make the fans happy because the books existed before, we were recasting the roles and – so that – you know it’s important to the fans.

So we wanted to get it right. And I think now that they’ve accepted the show and they’re happy and the fans – you know the fan base has been growing, it sort of gives us a little more freedom to play with the characters and we’re more comfortable. We were always comfortable with one another but the comfort factor is a lot higher and this season you know it’s a darker show with witchcraft, and it’s gorier. So I think this season we just feel more comfortable to expand our characters’ minds a little bit more and the writers always give us great material. So we are following the books in a way but taking a lot of liberty.

How have the fans of the book series reacted to seeing Elena and Clay come to life?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I mean, we – you know we get feedback on you know many levels. You know there’s Twitter now and the online forum.

But you know the best is you know we go to these conventions and meeting with fans more often and I think you know like anything you know there’s a certain amount of winning friends over in the beginning especially when you know these characters already existed and we have to kind of do our own version of them and our own interpretation.

But I think people have – at least the doubters in the beginning have grown to love our characters and then I think the people who were with us right on board from the beginning are just happy to see it come to life. But everyone, the reaction’s been amazing.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. Like Greyston said, social media you know this tool now that we can use to interact with the fans has been – you know there’s – it’s a double-edged sword but it’s great when you get the fans that really want to talk to you and are excited about the show.

And you can you know send out behind the scenes photos and get them excited as well and their live tweeting and the instant feedback we can give them on the show as they’re watching it is amazing. And then like Greyston said as well, the conventions. There – it’s just a great way to talk to them what they like about the show, what they don’t like. Hopefully there isn’t anything that they don’t like. But they seemed very happy with what we’ve done so far so we’re grateful that they’re watching.

Speaking of Clay’s hair, how long does it take for his hair to be camera ready?

Greyston Holt: I actually – I pretty much always have long hair… It’s just kind of always the way I like to keep my hair so it’s – unless a part comes along you know my – in the off time from Bitten, it’s pretty much a longer length so I rarely cut it short unless I need to.

Laura Vandervoort: And it is not there because – it’s not there because Greyston will come in to the trailer and like his hair is already perfect. You just have to mess it up.

Greyston Holt: No. But they still put some time – I don’t know, I mean – but I’m still like a good 20 minutes in getting my hair ready. So I don’t know what they do but…

We find out pretty early in season what Clay thought about his childhood and how he came into the Danvers family wasn’t exactly correct. Will that weigh on him through the course of this season now that he has more information about his human family?

Greyston Holt: Yes, definitely. I mean, that was a huge, huge blow to Clay. I mean, it’s everything he thought that was…wasn’t you know. And I think there’s just – it just set in stone in Clay’s heart just what it needs to be done and that you know going to be the bottom of this and capturing Malcolm is just you know priority number one and putting him to justice because he is not a good dude. It’s the thing we’re all chasing, right, is Malcolm. So many reasons – we all have our individual reasons why we want to bring Malcolm to justice and basically squash him, kill him.

Is it physically challenging to do all the action on the show?

Heather McLatchy: I think we all – we’re all very eager to do the action. I think most of the guys –all of the guys actually are very capable of doing all of their own stunts and I wanted to keep up with them. I think it’s a nice break from –we have very dramatic, heavy emotional scenes every week. So when we get an opportunity to be physical like that and I think it’s a nice break for us. We do rehearse on weekends with our stunt coordinator John Stead who is amazing and comes up with these fight sequences that –especially this season, will blow the audience’s minds I think and he always seems to incorporate the animalistic side of wolf fights within our fights.

So I think we enjoy it. It is tiring but definitely worth it. I think it’s better for the audience because they can actually see our faces and it’s more believable. We do have amazing stunt people who step in for us when it’s rather dangerous or we’re not able to do it. But it’s nice for the audience to see our faces while we’re fighting.

Greyston Holt: Yes. It’s definitely a catharsis you know because we go through so many different emotions and it’s such a mentally demanding show, that – in that respect but it’s nice just to shut the brain of kind of and – I mean plus we need the brain for the choreography.

But just the outlet physically is a really nice thing to do every couple of episodes. It’s fun. Like you know this is the first time I’ve really done extensive stunt choreography and it’s like a – it’s kind of like a dance once you know all the moves and the hits and the punches once you’re proficient at it, it’s a lot of fun and it’s nice to come home –most days you come home from set, you’re emotionally drained but it’s nice to like come home and you just beaten and bruised.

How has it been adding all these new characters this season?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I think it’s – I mean you know obviously it’s just nice to have this female element introduced to our show and then Laura of course. Yes, I think that’s been really great for her to have this female presence around.

But it’s just – when you think that you’re the only ones that exists in this you know in this world and then you find out there are others with powers and abilities, I mean it kind of shocks your world, right? It’s been really interesting and challenging to incorporate these witches into our world and just to interact with them and see how we interact with them and you know my – personally speaking you know the only interaction I have with females on the show is with Laura and she’s like my one true love.

But it was interesting just to have other women around and to see and – you know I didn’t even know how I was going to react to having them around on camera and with you know my character. So it was – it was kind of just you know finding the moments and the beats and seeing how we interact. But it was very interesting and challenging.

Laura Vandervoort: It completely changes the tone of the show. It’s – from the first season to this season, it’s – not that it’s a completely different show but the look and the material that we’re dealing with is completely different.

And for the fans of the witches, they certainly get their share of them this season. And it’s not just the female witches, there is you know a bad presence that is you know after the pack and they have to deal with that and you’ll discover who that is as the season goes on and it’s just someone that they really have no way of dealing with. And – so that last season, our threat was either ourselves or the humans and the mutts, this season, it’s a whole new realm of possibilities and dangers for the pack.

Greyston Holt: That we didn’t know existed until now. So it’s kind of a – it’s a shock.

What is the secret to Clay and Elena’s relationship?

Laura Vandervoort: Or to help you get through it. I mean their relationship is a little you know in flux season one and I think – I mean you have to look at it that Clay is her one true love and she’s destined to be with him and she was fighting that. Maybe human relationships need to look at what their heart is really telling them and to listen to that, because I think we’re all looking for the right fit and sometimes the right fit is the wrong fit and it’s someone not just you truly are in love with and have fun with, and that was Clay for her and she tried to deny that. She tried to you know check off the boxes of what she feels a woman needs in society as a human. But maybe you know as human relationships in the world need to look at passion and what your heart is truly telling you and not try to check off those boxes.

Are we going to get a lot of werewolf changing?

Greyston Holt: Yes, there’s definitely some wolfing out that happens as the season progresses. But in the beginning it’s you know it’s about introducing these you know this new world, the witches, right? But there are definitely some fights coming up that involve you know like actors in wolf form so.

Will Clay be using some of his PhD skills?

Greyston Holt: Yes, you definitely do. And there’s – yes, like you’re saying, it’s definitely like an investigative element to this season. Like a true detective vibe you know. And you know Clay definitely calls upon his skills and his knowledge as an anthropology professor and anthropologist to help get to the bottom of this.

So I think it’s an interesting turn this season, right? It wasn’t just about a wolf instincts, it was about using our brains and you know really figuring how to deal with this new world of the witches and you know it’s kind of an unknown world. I mean at first you know we’re not really sure what to expect and what it is and it’s a lot of just deciphering and decoding the world around us and I just happen to have you know good set of skills in this case to help deal with that.

Laura Vandervoort: But you know what’s funny, Greyston is as you said that this season that the wolves are using their brains more, I feel like Elena’s using it less this season.

Elena is almost feral this season because she’s so hell bent on correcting what happened at the end of last season…

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. That’s to be expected because this season takes up three days prior to the finale and you know as we all saw in the finale, Philip’s head was in her bed so she – I love how that rhymes every time I say it. She is…

Greyston Holt: Real bed head.

Laura Vandervoort: She is still – head in the bed. She’s still seeing red and it’s a nice change for me too because season one, I was just so emotional and, “Oh, where do I belong?” And this season, it’s just go time and that was a lot of fun for me especially you know I am separated from the pack mid season. So she is on her own and very instinctual with the young witch and with protecting herself and this young girl, so.

How big a part did the fans play in getting Bitten a second season?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I think the powers to be take it all into account and I think what it comes down to it numbers are one of the major things they look at but they also look at your fan reaction and the passion of the fans. It’s amazing the power social media now and getting the word out. People are reading positive tweets and things on the show and it’s only going to get more people into watching the show, so it’s definitely talked about and taken into account.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes, I agree. And I know a lot of the fans on social media will tweet saying that they love how interactive the cast is both with live tweeting, and in between episodes we’re answering their questions and talking about them or following them. We have some great fans that I think we’ve all met at conventions that come to all of our cons, to our signings, they make t-shirts, and jewelry, and bags and they’re just phenomenal, so having their support, like any show, helps with the ratings, helps with being picked up and we hope that continues this season.

Greyston Holt: Yes. And it’s funny like on Twitter I’m starting to recognize faces that are more active on our –on tweeting about Bitten and it’s quite a few times have been at conventions now and I see them in line, I’m like, “I know that person.” I’m like, “Oh my God, you’re that person on Twitter that tweets about our show.” That’s cool with this one.

How big of an influence are the books on your performances?

Greyston Holt: Well initially I think we all obviously drew from the books as sort of base knowledge. But it kind of becomes its own thing after that. You make some choices about your character initially, first season and then – and then you really just have to ride out the show, like the show like kind of becomes its own thing after that. This season, we’re stepping a little away from the books. […] I don’t know if I can speak for the rest of the cast. It’s about what’s on the page at this point. Whereas initially, it was – it was about researching the characters. But you have to kind of take some creative license and liberty to make it your own. But, yes, there we go.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. He kind of said what I was going to say. I read the first book when I was cast just to have an understanding and spoke to our executive producer, but I think, yes, it’s about what’s on the page, it’s about what we’re creating as a show and we want to make the fans happy but at the same time have to work within the realm of what our writers are coming up with, which is always fantastic and shocking and bloody and amazing. So the books are a source I guess if we want to go to to see sort of what the future might hold, but other than that, I’d like to go by the script and be pleasantly surprised.

Are there any other kind of pairings on the show that you’d like to see or any kind of love connections?

Greyston Holt: Jeremy, I think…You know what was – I can’t believe I’m forgetting the police officer in the first season.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. They need to get together or I think we need to try to bite a female and help her survive for Jeremy or just find a human. You know he needs a little loving too.

Greyston Holt: Like what’s – what is Jeremy doing like to quench his sexual appetite? Like I don’t know. We don’t know.

Laura Vandervoort: Well I have a pretty good idea but he’s our father. We can’t be thinking about that – we can’t – he’s changing. He’s getting his frustrations out wall painting and we haven’t seen him paint in a while so who knows.

What can we look forward to this season?

Laura Vandervoort: This season, the horror definitely adds up. There’s much more blood and gore, but Elena is separated from the pack a few episodes in and ends up at a compound and sort of – there is a character that has the ability to get into the minds of our pack and sort of put the characters into a mind palace with their worst fears coming true and they have to deal with them.

For Elena, you can imagine there’s a lot of things that she’s had go on in her life and guilt and all that that she’s got to basically confront within this mind place and you know we’ve got insane explosions and fight sequences, because Elena is sort of in this assassin mode, she’s ripping body parts off and it did get intense this season and I – actually I’m just looking at a photo where I’m covered in blood that I think I’m going to be posting soon.

So I had a lot of fun doing that this season. I’m a huge horror fan and one of our writers Wil Zmak is aware of that so he wrote an episode I think specifically for me to quench those needs and I had my own little horror movie in one episode which was a lot of fun. Greyston?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I guess it’s – the other person does what you want to say like, “Ooh, I love that.” But, yes, this is definitely a darker, more heady season. It really kind of – it’s twisted and really affects you in a – in a mental level. There’s a lot of unknown forces around us happening and it’s trying to figure out what’s happening in this world, because our world is physical and this new world is very supernatural and magical and fantastical and it’s really thrown us for a loop. But it’s definitely a bloodier, sexier, more violent season. And it just has – we have a new director of photography this season, Boris, and he’s really put a dark tone on the show. He has this thing called the dark side where you’ll notice in this show more specifically on the interior scenes.

There’s a further shot on half of our face and it really kind of add to this dramatic tone. So visually this season is just – it’s – I think affects you more. Even if our show’s not – like visually it looks – it looks really appealing, it’s just very rich and dark.

Laura Vandervoort: It’s like – it’s very cinematic this season. It does look like – it does look like it should be on the big screen like a horror film. It’s great that it’s a two hour premiere because it can – I know that the American fans have been dying to see it and trying to avoid the spoilers on social media. So they get to sort of get caught up within the two hour premiere.

Greyston Holt: These two episodes really do play well. I mean, the whole season plays well as a whole but these two episodes really I think it was smart to play them back-to-back, just artistically and plotwise it’s like it really kind of go together as a nice little unit, like a two hour premiere. So it will be two hours of edge of your seat TV.

Laura Vandervoort: I think for me, it’s working with all the guys. I mean obviously we love our characters in the show and playing out these characters and all the different scenarios that they have to deal with and watching them grow as we grow, but I just love working with the guys, we all miss each other when we’re not working and we have a lot of fun and we learn from one another so.

Greyston Holt: Yes. I’d have to say the same thing. Like just our family. Like we’re so fortunate too being in a show where– and I know I can speak on everyone’s behalf that we all look forward to coming to work in the morning and just hanging out and then getting to act together and work out scenes and everyone’s very supportive and we go through a lot of heavy emotions in the show and it’s nice to have a group of people that understands the emotions and is there for support. But at the same time because we like each other so much we keep it light. We’re always laughing and having a good time. So it’s a great thing…

Laura Vandervoort: I don’t think any of us have ever gotten into like a fight or there’s never been any awkward personal problems with the cast. We all support one another and after scenes, we’re all congratulating each other on the work that they’ve done or I – there’s never been any bad intentions on anyone’s behalf which is really nice because actors can be fickle people and you never know when you put a group of them together what will happen. But in this case, it’s been – it’s been a dream.

Greyston Holt: Yes. There’s never any like – there’s never any me or I, it’s always like, us the pack, we, us going through it together so.

The show has already aired in Canada. What has the fan response been there to the new season?

Greyston Holt: All the response I’ve seen online has been extremely positive.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. They’ve been – they’ve been very responsive to the change and seem to be really into it. They love the first season but this season, I’m seeing a lot more interaction on Twitter and the fans are live twitting with us and asking what’s going to happen next and being emotional about what they’ve just seen. So they seem to be loving it and they seem to love the addition of the characters of the witches.

Greyston Holt: Yes. And I think this season – the first season is obviously great and we love it. But I think this season – if you haven’t seen the first season, I think you could probably jump into this one and you know with a bit of basic info and do you know a recap at the beginning of the season on season one. But I think you can really jump into this season and just fall into the world and I think – and that seems to kind of stand-alone.

Greyston, did you work with the boy who played you in the flashbacks at all?

Greyston Holt: Yes. Clay goes very internal and we call it the mind palace and he’s kind of trapped inside his mind and deals with some of his demons from past and we do have some interaction in that. I don’t want to give too much away about how that comes to me but, yes, he’s very sweet kid but that’s the interaction I had with him on the set.

http://ohsogray.com/?p=3808

- Bitten Season Two Q And A (scifitalk):
Bitten Season Two Q And A
Por Scifitalk 14 Abril, 2015

My first question for Greyston because I know Laura you already talked about this but can you talk about kind of your character’s experience being with the witches and how it’s going to kind of change Clay this season?

Laura had said how on set sometimes you guys joke that it would be nice to see them just go out on kind of a normal date. So my question is, what do you two think that would be for them?

Greyston Holt: Yes. What would be a normal date? Like normal for us or?

For the characters.

So getting into a little more of the witch aspect, I think I’ve seen the first couple of episodes of the season, I really liked them and can you talk a little bit more about how that relationship sort of evolves with the witches? It seems to begin at sort of an enemy of my enemy is my friend. But can you talk a little bit about how that changes over the course of this season?

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. I think – you know this – I – like what Greyston said, the witches are a whole supernatural force that we – like most of the world with us didn’t know existed and it’s not something we can really go up against.I mean, we have brute force and the pack mentality and pack law but when it comes to their abilities, we really have no way to counteract them. And it does seem like they are our enemies but that I think eventually we – without giving anything away, we choose to work together because there’s strength in numbers and combining our abilities to help solve the problem we’re trying to solve this season.

Does it help Elena at all to sort of have this feminine energy introduced as well since she’s really the lone woman in her pack. Does it help her…

Laura Vandervoort: He does – he does – he is concerned about his hair and does take a while to get ready before we go out to hunt.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. I mean it was – it was personally nice for me to have female energy on the set because as much as I love the boys, I you know would tend to always be the only girl. So it was nice to have these wonderful actresses on the show.And then for Elena as well, there’s one of the three – well the three witches, she has great relationships with throughout the season, they sort of develop. But there’s a young witch that she sort of takes on a mothering aspect with and has sort of a protective vibe with her throughout the season that just gets stronger as they are sort of forced to be together and to take care of you know one another. And so that’s a thing that’s the nurturing side of Elena because last season you know she was an unsure woman who didn’t know where she belong. This season, she sort of very certain as to who she is and her future and is very violent in ways, but then to juxtapose this little girl brings out the warm side of her.

At the end of the last season, Elena and Clay finally reconciled. I’m sure the shippers out there were thrilled. Can you talk a little bit more of what to expect from this relationship, if there’s any – going to be anything different going into the new season? How the relationship–?

Now that you’ve gotten season one done and under the belt, are there any – going to be any other more difference going into season two? Anything that may be different now that you’ve done first season?

Laura Vandervoort: I mean, I think with a – with a lot of shows, the – you know – I mean speaking for myself but I think it’s most of us, at the beginning of this first season we were all a little bit you know nervous to get it right and make the fans happy because the books existed before, we were recasting the roles and – so that – you know it’s important to the fans.So we wanted to get it right. And I think now that they’ve accepted the show and they’re happy and the fans – you know the fan base has been growing, it sort of gives us a little more freedom to play with the characters and we’re more comfortable. We were always comfortable with one another but the comfort factor is a lot higher and this season you know it’s a darker show with witchcraft, and it’s gorier. So I think this season we just feel more comfortable to expand our characters’ minds a little bit more and the writers always give us great material. So we are following the books in a way but taking a lot of liberty.

I’m kind of wondering if you’ve talked to fans of the book series and kind of what have been their reactions to seeing Elena and Clay really come to life.

Greyston Holt: Yes. I mean, we – you know we get feedback on you know many levels. You know there’s Twitter now and the online forum.But you know the best is you know we go to these conventions and meeting with fans more often and I think you know like anything you know there’s a certain amount of winning friends over in the beginning especially when you know these characters already existed and we have to kind of do our own version of them and our own interpretation.But I think people have – at least the doubters in the beginning have grown to love our characters and then I think the people who were with us right on board from the beginning are just happy to see it come to life. But everyone, the reaction’s been amazing.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. Like Greyston said, social media you know this tool now that we can use to interact with the fans has been – you know there’s – it’s a double-edged sword but it’s great when you get the fans that really want to talk to you and are excited about the show.And you can you know send out behind the scenes photos and get them excited as well and their live tweeting and the instant feedback we can give them on the show as they’re watching it is amazing. And then like Greyston said as well, the conventions. There – it’s just a great way to talk to them what they like about the show, what they don’t like. Hopefully there isn’t anything that they don’t like. But they seemed very happy with what we’ve done so far so we’re grateful that they’re watching.

For Greyston, we have a question from a reader. She wants to know, speaking of Clay’s hair, how long does it take for his hair to be camera ready?

Greyston Holt: I actually – I pretty much always have long hair… It’s just kind of always the way I like to keep my hair so it’s – unless a part comes along you know my – in the off time from Bitten, it’s pretty much a longer length so I rarely cut it short unless I need to.

And how long…

Laura Vandervoort: And it is not there because – it’s not there because Greyston will come in to the trailer and like his hair is already perfect. You just have to mess it up.

Greyston Holt: No. But they still put some time – I don’t know, I mean – but I’m still like a good 20 minutes in getting my hair ready. So I don’t know what they do but…

Laura Vandervoort: But it’s like that messy like – OK, all right.

Greyston Holt: OK? All right? All right?

Laura Vandervoort: You’re supposed to say you always look like that.

Greyston Holt: I don’t. I’ve been rocking a ponytail lately actually.

Laura Vandervoort: The man bun.

Greyston Holt: Man bun.

We find out pretty early in season two without being specific about spoilers for folks who haven’t seen the episode yet that what Clay thought about his childhood and how he came into the Danvers family wasn’t exactly correct. Will that weigh on him through the course of this season now that he has more information about his human family?

Greyston Holt: Yes, definitely. I mean, that was a huge, huge blow to Clay. I mean, it’s everything he thought that was wasn’t you know. And I think there’s just – it just set in stone in Clay’s heart just what it needs to be done and that you know going to be the bottom of this and capturing Malcolm is just you know priority number one and putting him to justice because he is not a good dude.And it’s – you know it’s kind of the – it’s kind of – you know the thing we’re all chasing, right, is Malcolm. So many reasons – we all have our individual reasons why we want to bring Malcolm to justice and you know basically squash him, kill him.

Laura, I just wanting to ask you also, I noticed that you both had been in Smallville which I absolutely loved. And I just wanted to know, did you two get a chance to interact when you were on Smallville or was that just like a one episode thing where you didn’t see each other or–?

Greyston Holt: I – well, I did a guess star and I think that was before Laura was cast.

Laura Vandervoort: Yes. I did – I did four year on it from season seven on. So our characters never really existed within the same world. So we actually never met but we did talk about that when we were both cast on Bitten, how we both – you know our connections with Smallville.

My question has to do with the fact there’s going to be so many changes especially in the characters coming into this season. How – or what can you tell us about how your characters are – finding these new characters and without getting too spoilish and are you guys as actors enjoying having more people playing in your universe?

Greyston Holt: Yes. I think it’s – I mean you know obviously it’s just nice to have this female element introduced to our show and then Laura of course. Yes, I think that’s been – it’s been really great for her to have this female presence around.But it’s just – it’s been an interesting – it’s – you know our – you know when you think that you’re the only ones that exists in this you know in this world and then you find out there are others with powers and abilities, I mean it kind of shocks your world, right? And it’s just been – it’s been really interesting and challenging to incorporate these witches into our world and just to interact with them and see how we interact with them and you know my – personally speaking you know the only interaction I have with females on the show is with Laura and she’s like my one true love.But it was interesting just to have other women around and to see and – you know I didn’t even know how I was going to react to having them around on camera and with you know my character. So it was – it was kind of just you know finding the moments and the beats and seeing how we interact. But it was very interesting and challenging.

Laura Vandervoort: It completely changes the tone of the show. It’s – from the first season to this season, it’s – not that it’s a completely different show but the look and the material that we’re dealing with is completely different.And for the fans of the witches, they certainly get their share of them this season. And it’s not just the female witches, there is you know a bad presence that is you know after the pack and they have to deal with that and you’ll discover who that is as the season goes on and it’s just someone that they really have no way of dealing with. And – so that last season, our threat was either ourselves or the humans and the (mutt), this season, it’s a whole new realm of possibilities and dangers for the pack.

My question is, you guys play a werewolf couple, what advice do you think modern/human couples could learn from Clay and Elena?

Laura Vandervoort: Or to help you get through it. I mean their relationship is a little you know in flux season one and I think – I mean you have to look at it that Clay is her one true love and she’s destined to be with him and she was fighting that.And maybe you know – maybe human relationships need to look at what their heart is really telling them and to listen to that, because I think we’re all looking for the right fit and sometimes the right fit is the wrong fit and it’s someone not just you truly are in love with and have fun with, and that was Clay for her and she tried to deny that. She tried to you know check off the boxes of what she feels a woman needs in society as a human. But maybe you know as human relationships in the world need to look at passion and what your heart is truly telling you and not try to check off those boxes.

http://www.scifitalk.com/bitten-season-two-q-and-a/

- Las estrellas de ‘Bitten’ Laura Vandervoort, Greyston Holt imaginan una cita de hombres-lobo (tvshowpatrol):
Las estrellas de ‘Bitten’ Laura Vandervoort, Greyston Holt imaginan una cita de hombres-lobo
Por Curt Wagner 16 Abril, 2015

“Bitten” ended its first season making Elena and Clay ‘shippers everywhere happy; their favorite werewolf couple got back together.

Co-stars Laura Vandervoort and Greyston Holt recently considered what a “normal” date involving their characters would entail.

“We’d go to some restaurant that serves raw meat and maybe go see ‘[An American] Werewolf in London’ at some old theater,” Vandervoort told writers during a conference call last week. “And then have a nice little fire at StoneHaven.”

“Oh, you’re really hitting it on the nose there,” Holt added, laughing, adding that while in front of that fire at their family’s mansion, they’d probably listen to Duran Duran’s song “Hungry like a Wolf.” “Yes. It sounds about right.”

It’s not likely fans will get to see Elena Michaels and Clay Davis enjoy that date when Season 2 debuts at 8 p.m. April 17 on Syfy. The couple will be too busy fighting an unknown force that pushes their pack into an uneasy alliance with a coven of witches.

The actors promised a lot of action, gore, psychological terrors and exciting new supernatural horrors throughout the upcoming season, all beginning with the two-hour premiere.

“It will be two hours of edge-of-your-seat TV. Or hiding-under-your-pillow TV,” Holt said. “It’s pretty twisted and scary. It’s dark.”

By season’s end, however, “you’ll be using the Kleenex,” Vandervoort added.

Vandervoort and Holt talked more about the season, introducing the witches, Clay and Elena’s relationship and Holt’s hair.

How does the pack’s relationship evolve with the witches? It seems to begin at sort of an enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Greyston Holt: I think initially the werewolves are obviously very wary of the witches and their intentions. But as the season progresses there’s another darker force out there. We realize we need their help and they need our help in order to deal with this new enemy.

Laura Vandervoort: The witches are a whole new supernatural force that we—like most of the world—didn’t know existed. We have brute force and the pack mentality and pack law but when it comes to their abilities, we really have no way to counteract them. And it does seem like they are our enemies but that I think eventually we choose to work together because there’s strength in numbers and combining our abilities could help solve the problem we’re trying to solve this season.

Holt: The werewolves deal in physicality and strength. And the witches deal in magic and spells. So to see those two sides kind of butt heads and come together is a really interesting dynamic this season.
Does it help Elena at all to sort of have this feminine energy introduced as well since she’s really the lone woman in her pack?

Holt: Hey, Clay has a feminine side.

Vandervoort: He does, he is concerned about his hair and does take a while to get ready before we go out to hunt. It was personally nice for me to have female energy on the set because as much as I love the boys, I was always the only girl. So it was nice to have these wonderful actresses on the show.

For Elena as well, there’s one of the three witches, she has a great relationship with. But there’s a young witch that she sort of takes on a mothering aspect with and has sort of a protective vibe with her throughout the season that just gets stronger as they are sort of forced to be together and to take care of one another. The nurturing side of Elena [comes out]…; this little girl brings out the warm side of her.

Speaking of Clay’s hair, how long does it take for his hair to be camera ready?

Holt: I pretty much always have long hair. … It’s just kind of always the way I like to keep my hair.

Vandervoort: Greyston will come into the trailer and his hair is already perfect. You just have to mess it up.

Holt: I don’t know, I mean—I’m still like a good 20 minutes in getting my hair ready. So I don’t know what they do but…

Vandervoort: But it’s like that messy like—OK, all right.

Holt: OK? All right? All right?

Vandervoort: You’re supposed to say you always look like that.

Holt: I don’t. I’ve been rocking a ponytail lately actually.

Vandervoort: The man bun.

Holt: Man bun.

How well Clay’s experience with the witches change him this season?

Holt: I think it broadens all of our horizons a little bit. It’s a big bomb to drop in our world that there were others out there with supernatural abilities. … I think it’s just kind of made all of us a little more accepting and trustworthy of the world around us.

Are you enjoying having more people playing in your universe this season?

Holt: Yes. I think it’s nice to have this female element introduced to our show… It’s been really interesting and challenging to incorporate these witches into our world.

Vandervoort: It completely changes the tone of the show. It’s not that it’s a completely different show but the look and the material that we’re dealing with is completely different.

And for the fans of the witches, they certainly get their share of them this season. And it’s not just the female witches, there is a bad presence that is after the pack and they have to deal with that and you’ll discover who that is as the season goes on and it’s just someone that they really have no way of dealing with. Last season, our threat was either ourselves or the humans and the mutt, this season, it’s a whole new realm of possibilities and dangers for the pack.

Greyston, we find out pretty early in Season 2 that how Clay thought he came into the Danvers family wasn’t exactly correct. Will that weigh on him through the course of this season now that he has more information about his human family?

Holt: Yes, definitely. That was a huge, huge blow to Clay. It just set in stone in Clay’s heart just what needs to be done and that he’s going to get to the bottom of this. Capturing Malcolm is priority No. 1 and brining him to justice because he is not a good dude.

At the end of the last season, Elena and Clay finally reconciled. What can we expect from this relationship? How the relationship–?

Holt: A lot of the big things are out of the way relationship-wise, but we do face a lot of obstacles this season. I think Clay has really taken a step back and just kind of let Elena deal with some of her issues this season.

You guys play a werewolf couple, what advice do you think human couples could learn from Clay and Elena?

Vandervoort: Passion.

Holt: Passion, yes. That we all have secrets and sometimes you need your partner to help you keep it secret. I don’t know.

Vandervoort: Or to help you get through it. Their relationship is a little in flux Season 1. You have to look at it that Clay is her one true love and she’s destined to be with him and she was fighting that.

And maybe humans in relationships need to look at what their heart is really telling them and to listen to that, because I think we’re all looking for the right fit and sometimes the right fit is the wrong fit. It’s not just someone you truly are in love with and have fun with. That was Clay for her and she tried to deny that. She tried to check off the boxes of what she feels a woman needs in society as a human. But maybe humans need to look at passion and what your heart is truly telling you and not try to check off those boxes.

Holt: Yes. Nailed it. You nailed that answer.

Vandervoort: Yes. Nothing really more to be said. That was a pretty perfect answer.

Could you talk about the enhanced side of the horror that we’ll see this season?

Vandervoort: There’s much more blood and gore. Elena is separated from the pack a few episodes in and ends up at a compound. There is a character that has the ability to get into the minds of our pack and sort of put the characters into a mind palace with their worst fears coming true and they have to deal with them.

For Elena, you can imagine there are a lot of things that she’s had happen in her life and guilt. She’s got to basically confront all that within this mind palace.

We’ve got insane explosions and fight sequences, because Elena is sort of in this assassin mode, she’s ripping body parts off. It did get intense this season. Actually I’m just looking at a photo where I’m covered in blood that I think I’m going to be posting soon.

I had a lot of fun doing that this season. I’m a huge horror fan and one of our writers, Wil Zmak, is aware of that so he wrote an episode I think specifically for me to quench those needs and I had my own little horror movie in one episode which was a lot of fun.

Holt: This is definitely a darker, more heady season. It’s twisted and really affects you on a mental level. There are a lot of unknown forces around us. We’re trying to figure out what’s happening in this world, because our world is physical and this new world is very supernatural and magical and fantastical and it’s really thrown us for a loop. But it’s definitely a bloodier, sexier, more violent season.

We have a new director of photography this season, Boris, and he’s really put a dark tone on the show. … Visually this season it’s just very rich and dark.

Vandervoort: It’s very cinematic this season. It does look like it should be on the big screen, like a horror film.

Vandervoort: We’re all very eager to do the action. All of the guys actually are very capable of doing all of their own stunts and I wanted to keep up with them.

I think it’s a nice break from the very dramatic, heavy emotional scenes. … We do rehearse on weekends with our stunt coordinator John Stead, who is amazing and comes up with these fight sequences that, especially this season, will blow the audience’s minds I think.

It is tiring but definitely worth it. And I think it’s better for the audience because they can actually see our faces and it’s more believable. We do have amazing stunt people who step in for us when it’s rather dangerous or we’re not able to do it.

Holt: It’s definitely a catharsis because we go through so many different emotions and it’s such a mentally demanding show in that respect. It’s nice just to shut the brain off kind of. We need the brain for the choreography, but the outlet physically is a really nice thing to do every couple of episodes. And it’s fun. … Most days you come home from set and you’re emotionally drained, but it’s nice to like come home and you’re just beaten, bruised.

Vandervoort: I’m usually the one that’s extremely bruised.

Holt: Yes, you bruise easy. I think it’s the way you fight, too.

Vandervoort: I think I just don’t know how to hit lightly.

In the first few episodes, we don’t see as much of the wolves. Was it a creative direction or special effects direction that some of the fight scenes early on you would think at least one of the pack would wolf out to participate in the fight but everybody stayed human?

Holt: Yes, there’s definitely some wolfing out that happens as the season progresses. But in the beginning it’s about introducing these … witches, right? But there are definitely some fights coming up that involve actors in wolf form too.

Early on in the season Clay gets into investigative mode wearing his PhD hat. Will we see him use more of those skills throughout the season?

Holt: Yes, you definitely do. It’s definitely like an investigative element to this season. Like a true detective vibe, you know? Clay definitely calls upon his skills and his knowledge as an anthropology professor and anthropologist to help get to the bottom of this.

So I think it’s an interesting turn this season, right? It wasn’t just about a wolf instincts, it was about using our brains and really figuring how to deal with this new world of the witches and it’s kind of an unknown world. At first we’re not really sure what to expect and what it is and it’s a lot of just deciphering and decoding the world around us and I just happen to have a good set of skills in this case to help deal with that.

Vandervoort: But you know what’s funny? This season the wolves are using their brains more, but I feel like Elena’s using it less this season.

Holt: Yes, totally.

Vandervoort: This season she’s just very animalistic and in kill mode. She does use her brain at all times obviously, especially you know when investigating the dark presence. But the most part…

Holt: I think what’s driving you this season though is more of the blood lust.

There’s a scene where Elena has a long overdue conversation, and you just almost vibrate at the table because you’re so angry. I thought that was interesting to see that she really is almost feral this season because she’s so hell bent on correcting what happened at the end of last season.

Vandervoort: Yes. And you know that’s to be expected because this season takes up three days prior to the finale and you know as we all saw in the finale, Philip’s head was in her bed so she—I love how that rhymes every time I say it.

Holt: Real bed head.

Vandervoort: She’s still seeing red and it’s a nice change for me too because Season 1, I was just so emotional and, “Oh, where do I belong?” And this season, it’s just go time and that was a lot of fun for me, especially when I am separated from the pack midseason. So she is on her own and very instinctual with the young witch and with protecting herself and this young girl.

Are there any other kind of pairings on the show that you’d like to see or any kind of love connections that you guys as actors would like to see?

Holt: Jeremy, I think … I can’t believe I’m forgetting the police officer in the first season.

Vandervoort: Yes. They need to get together or I think we need to try to bite a female and help her survive for Jeremy or just find a human. You know he needs a little loving, too.

Holt: What is Jeremy doing to quench his sexual appetite? We don’t know.

Vandervoort: Well I have a pretty good idea, but he’s our father. We can’t be thinking about that … He’s getting his frustrations out with wall painting and we haven’t seen him paint in a while, so who knows?

Holt: Sure. We know what he’s doing in the painting room.

Vandervoort: We know what he’s really doing.

Holt: Lunchtime.

Vandervoort: Greyston likes the food. I think for me, it’s working with all the guys. Obviously we love our characters in the show and playing out these characters and all the different scenarios that they have to deal with and watching them grow as we grow. But I just love working with the guys. We all miss each other when we’re not working and we have a lot of fun and we learn from one another.

Holt: I’d have to say the same thing. We’re so fortunate to be in a show where … we all look forward to coming to work in the morning and just hanging out and getting to act together and work out scenes. Everyone’s very supportive and we go through a lot of heavy emotions in the show and it’s nice to have a group of people that understands the emotions and is there or support.

At the same time because we like each other so much we keep it light. We’re always laughing and having a good time.

Vandervoort: I don’t think any of us have ever gotten into a fight. There’s never been any awkward personal problems with the cast. We all support one another and after scenes, we’re all congratulating each other on the work. It is really nice because actors can be fickle people and you never know when you put a group of them together what will happen. But in this case, it’s been a dream.

http://tvshowpatrol.com/previews/bitten ... wolf-date/

- Greg Bryk habla sobre la Season 2 de Bitten, la magia y las brujas, y la caída de Malcolm Danvers (tvgeektalk):
Greg Bryk habla sobre la Season 2 de Bitten, la magia y las brujas, y la caída de Malcolm Danvers
Por TVGeekTalk 16 Abril, 2015

Truth be told, ever since I watched the Pilot of Bitten for the first time way back when, the Jeremy Danvers character has always been my favorite. He’s strong, steady, has an immense sense of integrity, and is completely devoted to his Pack — traits that I have the utmost admiration for. Granted, he’s had to make some difficult, and even unpopular, decisions, but everything he is, everything he does goes back to that unwavering commitment to his Pack and keeping them safe.

I was very fortunate to be able to sit down with the immensely talented Greg Bryk earlier this week to get all the deets on what to expect in season 2, how does these new witches fit into the mix, and of course, that impending fallout after discovering his father is still alive and is responsible for all the mayhem in season 1. In the process, I was also pleasantly surprised to discover that the man behind Jeremy Danvers is actually a mirror of his character. Or as Greg put it, “Life imitates art.” The actor is one of the most well-spoken, articulate, strong, and humble people I have ever interviewed — all qualities that we are used to seeing in his portrayal of our Alpha werewolf every week on the small screen.

TV GEEK TALK: Can you talk a little about where season 2 will pick up, and in particular, how your character, Jeremy Danvers, will deal with the discovery that his father, Malcom, is still alive AND he’s the one who responsible for the big Mutt War in season 1?

Greg Bryk: “Season 2 picked up three days after season 1. I mean, the sweat literally hasn’t dried on us from the battle of episode 13 of season 1. Malcolm has disappeared although I now realize he was behind the entire uprising in season 1. All kinds of things keep turning up, the sort of repeated betrayal by my father, and we’re on the hunt for Malcolm. In season 2, we’re trying to find Rachel, we’re trying to find Malcolm, and to add a degree of difficulty to this, the Alpha Council has convened from around the world and has descended on Stone Haven. They are not pleased with the way the uprising unfolded. They feel that there is a question of weakness in my leadership, and they threaten to take my pack away unless I can deliver Malcolm to them. So, we’re up against a big time crunch to find Malcolm, and then, Elena is struggling with this incredible tragedy, this loss and huge void in her life after Philip is killed at the end of season 1. We are filled with a blood loss and a blood confusion.”

TV GEEK TALK: Wow, talk about hitting the ground running.

Greg Bryk: “Yeah, we definitely hit the ground running, for sure.”

TV GEEK TALK: Now that the show has one full season under its belt, how do you think season 2 is different from its freshman season?

Greg Bryk: “Oh yeah, and I would go so far as to say that it feels like a new show, or perhaps 2.0 in a lot of ways. I mean the show looks so sexy, so incredible with the use of shadowing in this wonderfully flick atmosphere. We also introduce witches and magic in our world in season 2, which brings this incredibly unsettling psychological thriller element to the show as well. So, season 1 really dealt with what it meant to be a Pack, this incredible family bond that was put to the test. There was the physical violence of wolf fighting wolf, and it was a very earthy season. In season 2, the wolves expand both in the global element of the Pack Alphas and the Alpha Council, and then, this incredibly mind-blowing — particularly for the wolves — magic which we have to deal with as well. We worked so hard to create this tight family bond in season 1, and [then have this] pressure that is exerted on that, on those bonds, as we get further and further and further apart. It’s almost like Sandra Bullock’s character in ‘Gravity’, where a single thread connects them together with hope alone.”

TV GEEK TALK: I personally have not read the books, and so, I was very surprised with the introduction of the witches in season 2. In particular, I think it may be somewhat unsettling for your character in that there are these witches out there AND to top it off, they know the werewolves exist. What can you say about how Jeremy will react to this revelation? If these women were ordinary humans, he would be obligated to kill them.

Greg Bryk: “You know, I was actually surprised there were going to be witches as well — both as Greg and as Jeremy — because we both thought at the beginning that they were going to be honoring the books and honoring the spirit of the books. We were going to be focusing on the werewolf storyline and arc, and the other fantastical elements of the books weren’t going to be introduced. Then, I guess between season 1 and season 2, there were discussions on the executive level, and they thought they would add something to the dynamic, to add danger. So, they thrust these witches upon us, these three witches — Tammy Isbell, Tommie Amber Pirie, and Kiara Glasco as Ruth, Paige and Savannah — who were so extraordinary, and they brought so much to the show. But, for Jeremy, they were a disruptive force. My reason for living is to protect my Pack and keep them safe. Then, the witches brought a destabilizing element in our world, they threw us into chaos, and they dragged us into a conflict that was so outside of our control. We were forced to react in ways that were not comfortable, and as the Pack leader, it was particularly true for me because I had to navigate waters that were very unfamiliar to me. And, you’re right — the witches knew all about the werewolves, and we had no idea about them. We were the sucker at the poker table for a long time. [Laughs]”

“You know, it’s funny how life imitates art, and this year, there was a huge element for Jeremy — trust. Not having physical control of the Pack, but to trust that they will carry the values that you imparted on them. For me, my son went away to the university this year, and it was the first year when my kids — at least one of them — weren’t at arm’s length. At least I couldn’t feel that I could keep them safe, and I had to trust that what they had learned along the way, that would be their toolkit, that would be what they would use to navigate the world alone. In season 2, the Pack is separated for long periods in the story, and we are caught in these riptides, dragging us every which way. For Jeremy as the Pack leader, it was accepting this uncertainty that was a huge challenge.”

TV GEEK TALK: Now did your character know that there were other supernatural beings out there, or did Jeremy assume that werewolves were it?

Greg Bryk: “I assumed that werewolves were it, and this is somewhat of a departure from the books. In the books, Jeremy’s mother is supernatural as well, of Japanese origin. When Jeremy was created for the series, that part of my heritage was ignored. So, Jeremy assumed there were just werewolves, and now that that laden has been lifted off, there’s this curiousity of what else is out there, what else is there that’s going to make it difficult for me to keep my Pack safe.”

TV GEEK TALK: With the exception of Elena, the show has always been a male-dominated series, and there seems to be a pre-conceived notion — and correct me if I’m wrong — among the werewolves that the male is the dominate sex. How do you think the introduction of these very powerful women will change this pre-conceived notion, if at all?

Greg Bryk: “You know, it’s interesting that the star of our show, Elena, is the only female werewolf. And, she’s resilient, charismatic, and a dynamic force in a male-dominated world. When the Alpha Council convened — and which is very typical for men — there’s a lot of bravado. You have these brutal patriarchs who dictate law onto people and who doesn’t listen and are unwilling to compromise. Jeremy is a hybrid in that world because there’s still a tremendous physical ability that Jeremy has, but there’s also the ability to listen, the ability to know when you’re wrong, the ability to compromise and to lead by everybody being on the same page instead of dictating what is right at all times. So, it’s a leadership where I listen to everyone around me and make a decision based upon wisdom, I think.”

“When the witches come and there’s this tremendous power, the werewolves are forced to realize that they’re not it, that there’s this maternal and feminine strength and it brings a uniquely feminine energy but also an incredibly powerful energy. Elena, for her it is nice to have that balance, and each of the women on the show were dynamic and fiercely intelligent. And, I think they forced the guys to raise their game a little bit. There are definitely herioc moments from both sides and this wonderful synthesis of both the masculine and feminine energies, thus creating something newer and more powerful.”

TV GEEK TALK: You mentioned “wisdom,” and that made me think of something. Your character, Jeremy, is actually my favorite on the show. Strong, steady, which is probably why he’s the Alpha. Do you see any parts of yourself, per se, that are like Jeremy, and if so, do you ever pull in parts of yourself to better portray your character?

Greg Bryk: “Absolutely. It’s actually very interesting because when this role came into my life, I had just turned 40, but have a great life, 3 great kids, an amazing wife. But I came to a point when I realized that I needed to give more of myself. I started working with this amazing counselor who does work with men, and I started on this journey of what it means to be a man in our community. I started volunteering, working with some average, inner-city kids, trying to be a mentor in their lives and showing what it means to be a father to the male kids, to be a husband, what the role of an evolved man, an enlightened man, what effect that can have on a community, what effect that can have on a family. That was my journey in this role, and in a way, Jeremy is a combination of a lot of searching and work that I’m doing personally. And, I think you have to find elements of yourself to really own a character. I mean, I think you have to have those qualities to be believable, and so, the challenge of Jeremy has actually made me a much better man and this carries through with the wonderful young actors that I work with on set, where I’ve taken on that role in real life. I have “the Pack” over for dinner regularly, and they’re all at the phases of young relationships and young love and curious about what it will mean to be parents themselves some day and to make a marriage or relationship work. You know, we’re in a really crazy industry that destabilizes you at every turn, and taking on that responsibility may be the greatest blessing the show has given me, that it’s forced me to become the man I’ve always wanted to be.”

TV GEEK TALK: Now, when you auditioned for the role, I assume you were told a great deal about your character. If so, is that what drew you to the part of Jeremy Danvers in the first place?

Greg Bryk: “Absolutely, 100%. I think we have an existential point in our life where we think about who we want to be, what we want to be, and you take action and you become that. The character was described as the Pack Alpha, that he embraced a new type of leadership — a maternal element of leadership, had a strong physical masculine energy, and it appealed to me. You know, I fought for this role, I fought so hard for this role, because originally they thought the character should be older, and I auditioned for it, put a little extra grey in my beard. Then, the role went away and they weren’t looking at me, and then, right before they made their final decision, they brought me back in again, and I just made that character my own. I can’t imagine playing anything else or get any joy playing anything else. I think in a lot of ways that character on the show has my fingerprints all over it, and more than that, it has my flesh and my blood in it. And, I can’t imagine anyone else playing that part now.”

TV GEEK TALK: This is a question about relationships. Clay’s got Elena. Logan has Rachel. And, Nick, well, Nick has his flavor of the week. What about Jeremy? Is there ever going to be a love interest for our Alpha?

Greg Bryk: “You know, it’s very difficult because as he dealt with in season 1 with Clay, we can’t really have relationships because it’s a secret. The way I look at it, I think that sexual energy is a very powerful force in all of us, and I think it has its own gravity. I think Jeremy is very conscious of leadership and very conscious of his responsibilities. Right now, all of my energy, all of that sexual creativity, all of that is transmuted into leadership. And, I understand that romance at times can be a distraction, and I have my painting, my solitariness as part of the discipline. Now, that would be an interesting element, how would falling in love change Jeremy? How does that vulnerability, that passion change him? And, I think that would be an interesting journey at that point, but right now, my feeling with Jeremy is that I need everything to be for them, and I’m willing to make that sacrifice. Sometimes you need to put your urges, your needs aside, they need to be secondary to what’s most important, and what’s most important to Jeremy is to keep his Pack safe in a very dangerous time.”

TV GEEK TALK: Season 2 finally premieres on Syfy this Friday, and the fans are so ready. Anything else you can say about season 2, just anything that will get the fans even more excited?

Greg Bryk: “Season 2 is literally break-neck, breathtaking. This is exciting psychological drama, there is the same action, there is sex and passion, and all those elements that the audience gravitated towards and fell in love with in season 1 are enhanced. It’s terrifying and it’s harrowing, and there will be times when the audience is left gasping for breath, some of it is so shocking and heart-breaking. But, at the end of the day, it’s deeply satisfying. It’s satisfying in a way that all beautiful love affairs are satisfying, and they make your heart race.”

Is everyone as psyched as I am and can’t wait for Friday to get here? To make the premiere even better, Greg will also be live-tweeting during the East Coast airing, and so, all you Bitten fans, be sure to follow Greg on Twitter at GregBryk@twitter.com and be a part of this super-exciting 2 hours of television.

The Bitten 2-hour season premiere event begins at 8/7c Friday on Syfy.

https://tvgeektalk.com/previews/greg-br ... s-preview/

- Nice Boy of the Week: Greyston Holt (nicegirlstv):
Nice Boy of the Week: Greyston Holt
Por Leah 16 Abril, 2015

Our Nice Boy this week is Greyston Holt. The Canadian born actor can be seen on his current show Bitten which airs its second season Friday, April 17, on Syfy.

In contrast to his brooding character Clay, Greyston is what my editor would call “cheeky”. Check out our Q&A below:

Q. What is Clayton’s nicest quality?
Greyston Holt: His loyalty.

Q. Is there anything you would change about Clayton? If so, what and why?
GH: I’d like it if he did more domestic things naked, such as cooking, taking out the trash, ironing etc.

Q. What words of wisdom do you, Greyston, live by?
GH: I’ve always believed that if you don’t hurt anybody or anything emotionally or physically, you’re OK in my books. Really, what else matters? I don’t care if you like to rub rotten fish over your body while dancing to polka on the back of a galloping horse. I don’t judge.

Q. Favorite charity?
GH: I donate monthly to The British Columbia Children’s Hospital and to Amnesty International. I believe we all deserve a healthy childhood and human rights has been something I’ve always been passionate about.

Q. What’s the nicest thing a fan has ever done for you?
GH: Many of our fans have made some pretty amazing drawings and paintings of our characters. It’s also nice to see the viewing parties some of our fans organize.

http://nicegirlstv.com/2015/04/16/nice- ... ston-holt/

- El elenco de Bitten habla sobre la Season 2 y su amor con los fans (tvgoodness):
El elenco de Bitten habla sobre la Season 2 y su amor con los fans
Por Heather M 16 Abril, 2015

Bitten returns to Syfy for season two Friday night with a double-shot of back-to-back episodes. It’s been a long wait for fans of the werewolf drama, and season two picks up right where the first season left off. In the last couple of weeks, we’ve had the chance to chat with series stars Laura Vandervoort and Greyston Holt via a press call and one-on-one with Greg Bryk and Steve Lund. Over the next six weeks, as the ten episodes air, we’ll have goodies for you from those chats.

To kick off, here’s what that had to say about what to expect in season two, and how much the fans mean to them.

The second season is darker and gorier than the first season, and the cast thinks the fans will enjoy it. “They’ll be thrilled by the magic. The show looks so good this year. It’s action-packed and relentless [and] there’s this heartbeat underneath it all,” says Bryk.

“This season, the horror definitely amps up. There’s much more blood and gore. [We’ve] got insane explosions and fight sequences. I had a lot of fun,” adds Vandervoort. “I’m a huge horror fan and I had my own little horror movie in one episode. It’s very cinematic this season. It does look like it should be on the big screen”

[We] have a new director of photography this season, Boris [Mojsovski], and he’s really put a dark tone on the show. He has this thing called the dark side where you you’ll notice in this show more specifically on the interior scenes,” explains Holt. “There’s a further shot on half of our face and it really kind of add to this dramatic tone. [Visually] it looks really appealing, it’s just very rich and dark. [It’s] definitely a bloodier, sexier, more violent season.”

Holt is happy that U.S. audiences are getting a two-part opener. “[These] two episodes really do play well. I mean, the whole season plays well as a whole but these two episodes [especially],” he says. “I think it was smart to play them back-to-back, just artistically and plotwise it’s like it really kind of go together as a nice little unit, like a two-hour premiere. It will be two hours of edge-of-your seat TV.”

“The first season is obviously great and we love it. But I think this season [even] if you haven’t seen the first season…you could probably jump into this one with a bit of basic info and [the] recap at the beginning…and just fall into the world and I think it seems to kind of stand alone.”

Holt and Vanedervoort’s characters, Clay and Elena, were reunited at the end of season one after all the lies and secrets were laid bare, and they begin the season as a united front in the pursuit of Malcolm. “[A lot] of the big things are out of the way relationship-wise…We’re back together [so] that’s definite. But there are a lot of obstacles that we have to face this season,” says Holt. “I think Clay has really taken…a step back [to let] Elena deal with some of her issues this season.”

They’re soon joined by a coven that has their own reasons to track Malcolm down and they become a throughline this season. “It broadens all of our horizons a little bit. It’s a big bomb to drop in our world that there…were others out there with…supernatural abilities and there’s a whole new world that’s opened up,” says Holt. “I think it’s just kind of made all of us a little more accepting and trustworthy of the world around us.”

“Initially…the werewolves, the pack, we are…very weary of the witches and their intentions. But as the season progresses…there’s another darker force out there that we realized and we also realized that we need their help and they need our help in order to deal with this new enemy. This is definitely a darker, more heady season. It’s twisted and really affects you in a mental level. [There] are a lot of unknown forces around us. [Our] world is physical and this new world is very supernatural and magical and fantastical and it’s really thrown us for a loop.”

Vandervoort says going into season two, they didn’t feel the same pressure that existed in the first season, when they wanted to satisfy fans of the books. “At the beginning of the first season, we were all a little bit…nervous to get it right and make the fans happy because the books existed before,” she says. “And I think now that they’ve accepted the show and they’re happy and the…the fan base has been growing, it sort of gives us a little more freedom to play with the characters and we’re more comfortable.”

“We were always comfortable with one another but the comfort factor is a lot higher and this season you know it’s a darker show with witchcraft, and it’s gorier. So I think this season we just feel more comfortable to expand our characters’ minds a little bit more and the writers always give us great material. So we are following the books in a way but taking a lot of liberty.”

Bitten’s fans have been a powerful force online, and the cast is grateful for the real-time and ongoing feedback and interaction. “I think people have…grown to love our characters and [the] people who were with us right on board from the beginning are just happy to see it come to life,” says Holt. “The reaction’s been amazing. On Twitter, I’m starting to recognize faces that…are more active. [Quite] a few times [I’ve] have been at conventions and I see [people] in line [that I recognize from Twitter].”

“[With] social media…we can interact with the fans. [It’s] great when you get the fans that really want to talk to you and are excited about the show,” says Vandervoort. “”[You] can send out behind-the-scenes photos and get them excited and they’re live tweeting and the instant feedback we can give them on the show as they’re watching it is amazing.”

“[The conventions] are a great way to talk to them what they like about the show, what they don’t like. [They] make t-shirts, and jewelry, and bags and they’re just phenomenal, so having their support…like any show, helps with the ratings, helps with being picked up and we hope that continues this season…[We’re] grateful that they’re watching.”

Lund feels a special bond with Bitten‘s fans. “That’s probably the highlight for me. I’ve always loved getting those opportunities. I get this unique charge from getting the chance to put some face time in with the people who keep us afloat,” he says. “They give us life, they give us energy. Their support is really why we do this stuff. If it weren’t for them, there would be no material to support that kind of passion that people have.”

He dates that back to time when he played hockey. “The greatest part about that was being able to interact with the fans. Being some young kid’s hero was possibly the most gratifying experience in my life. I vowed to work myself to the bone until I had that opportunity again. Now I’m given that time and time again with the conventions. It’s been so rewarding. I love that world, and I’ll always be grateful for it.”

Bryk is looking forward to rewatching the second season (which just wrapped Saturday night on Space in Canada) with the fans on Syfy. “It’s like beginning again. I’m so appreciative of the support we get on both sides of the border. The passion, creativity, and enthusiasm [make me] excited to experience it again through their eyes,” he says. “I’ll be engaged with my U.S. pack throughout the run on Syfy.”

Fandom and conventions are new stomping ground for Bryk, and he’s loved the experience. “I had never really done…much genre work. This has been my first exposure. I find them incredible in the best possible away,” he says. “Our fans are second to none. They come out, they’re supportive. They’re active on social media. They love the characters and they love the story. It’s inspiring. Their passion encourages us to aim higher and dig deeper.”

“The thing I like about these conventions is that you have fans of such a wide variety of shows and everybody’s passionate about their corner of their universe and they’re so accepting of everyone else. You wish the world worked that way. Everyone is allowed to love what they love. There’s no sense of ownership or judgment. It just is.”

“Everybody celebrates their differences and comes together recognizing that they’re all different but we’re in this together. It’s quite beautiful. It’s a great opportunity to see the faces. I really enjoy it. I love talking about the show and to hear questions about the show. It’s those rare moment of real connections where you can look someone in the eye and take pictures and feel the other person. It’s kind of nice.”

http://www.tvgoodness.com/2015/04/16/bi ... -the-fans/

- Entrevista con Laura Vandervoort y Greyston Holt (seat42f):
Entrevista con Laura Vandervoort y Greyston Holt
Por Tiffany Vogt 17 Abril, 2015

If you thought last season was tense with the werewolves facing off with blood feuds and the struggle for alpha control, wait ’til viewers see how the action cranks up in Season 2 of BITTEN. There will be witches, werewolves and even more things that go bump in the night. But the one thing fans can look forward to is more sexy scenes with co-stars Laura Vandervoort and Greyston Holt as destiny propels their characters Clay and Elena closer and closer together.

In a press call, stars Laura Vandervoort and Greyston Holt talked about the supernatural changes ahead and the fun they have working on all the intense stunts on the show.

Can you talk about kind of your character’s experience being with the witches and how it’s going to kind of change Clay this season?
GREYSTON: It broadens all of our horizons a little bit. It’s a big bomb to drop in our world that there were others out there with supernatural abilities and there’s a whole new world that’s opened up and I think it’s just kind of made all of us a little more accepting and trustworthy of the world around us.

Laura had said how on set sometimes you guys joke that it would be nice to see them just go out on kind of a normal date. So my question is, what do you two think that would be for them?
GREYSTON: Yes. What would be a normal date? Like normal for us or?
LAURA: I mean I guess for the characters like we’d go to some restaurant that serves raw meat and maybe go see Werewolf in London at some old theater and…
GREYSTON: [Laughs] Oh, you’re really hitting on the nose there.
LAURA: Yes, and then go – and I’ve thought about this for Elena for a long time – and then have a nice little fire at StoneHaven.
GREYSTON: Yes, and ‘Hungry like a Wolf.’
LAURA: [Laughs] Yes.
GREYSTON: Yes. It sounds about right.

Getting into a little more of the witch aspect, can you talk a little bit more about how that relationship sort of evolves with the witches? It seems to begin at sort of an enemy of my enemy is my friend. But can you talk a little bit about how that changes over the course of this season?
GREYSTON: I think initially the werewolves, the pack, we are obviously very weary of the witches and their intentions. But as the season progresses there’s another darker force out there that we realized and we also realized that we need to – we need their help and they need our help in order to deal with this new enemy.
LAURA: Like what Greyston said, the witches are a whole supernatural force that like most of the world with us didn’t know existed and it’s not something we can really go up against. I mean, we have brute force and the pack mentality and pack law, but when it comes to their abilities, we really have no way to counteract them. And it does seem like they are our enemies but that I think eventually we choose to work together because there’s strength in numbers and combining our abilities to help solve the problem we’re trying to solve this season.
GREYSTON: Yes. And I think it’s really interesting dynamic that season two is kind of like what Laura was touching on there was – is that, yes, the werewolves, we deal in physicality and strength. And the witches deal in magic and spells. So to see those two sides kind of butt heads and come together is a really interesting dynamic this season.

GREYSTON: [Laughs] Hey, Clay has a feminine side.
LAURA: He does. He is concerned about his hair and does take a while to get ready before we go out to hunt.
GREYSTON: Yes.
LAURA: It was personally nice for me to have female energy on the set because as much as I love the boys, I would tend to always be the only girl. So it was nice to have these wonderful actresses on the show. And then for Elena as well, the three witches, she has great relationships with throughout the season, they sort of develop. But there’s a young witch that she sort of takes on a mothering aspect with and has sort of a protective vibe with her throughout the season that just gets stronger as they are sort of forced to be together and to take care of one another. And so that’s a thing that’s the nurturing side of Elena because last season she was an unsure woman who didn’t know where she belong. This season, she sort of very certain as to who she is and her future and is very violent in ways, but then to juxtapose this little girl brings out the warm side of her.

At the end of the last season, Elena and Clay finally reconciled. Can you talk a little bit more of what to expect from this relationship going into the new season?
GREYSTON: A lot of the big things are out of the way relationship wise but we’re back together that’s definite. But there are a lot of obstacles that we have to face this season. I think Clay is taking a step back and just kind of letting Elena deal with some of her issues this season.
LAURA: Her issues?!
GREYSTON: [Laughs] Issues, yes. It’s not euphemism by the way.

Are there going to be any other more differences going into season two? Anything that may be different now that you’ve done first season?
LAURA: I mean, speaking for myself, but I think at the beginning of this first season we were all a little bit nervous to get it right and make the fans happy because the books existed before, we were recasting the roles and it’s important to the fans. So we wanted to get it right. And I think now that they’ve accepted the show and they’re happy and the fan base has been growing, it sort of gives us a little more freedom to play with the characters and we’re more comfortable. We were always comfortable with one another but the comfort factor is a lot higher and this season it’s a darker show with witchcraft, and it’s gorier. So I think this season we just feel more comfortable to expand our characters’ minds a little bit more and the writers always give us great material. So we are following the books in a way but taking a lot of liberty.

In season two we see that what Clay thought about his childhood and how he came into the Danvers family wasn’t exactly correct. Will that weigh on him through the course of this season now that he has more information about his human family?
GREYSTON: Yes, definitely. I mean, that was a huge, huge blow to Clay. I mean, it’s everything he thought that was, wasn’t. And I think it just set in stone in Clay’s heart just what it needs to be done and that going to be the bottom of this and capturing Malcolm is just priority number one and putting him to justice because he is not a good dude. And it’s the thing we’re all chasing is Malcolm. We all have our individual reasons why we want to bring Malcolm to justice and basically squash him, kill him.

LAURA: I think we’re all very eager to do the action. I think all of the guys actually are very capable of doing all of their own stunts and I wanted to keep up with them. And I think it’s a nice break – we have very dramatic, heavy emotional scenes every week. So when we get an opportunity to be physical like that, I think it’s a nice break for us. And we do rehearse on weekends with our stunt coordinator John Stead who is amazing and comes up with these fight sequences, especially this season, will blow the audience’s minds I think and he always seems to incorporate the animalistic side of wolf fights within our fights. So I think we enjoy it. It is tiring but definitely worth it. And I think it’s better for the audience because they can actually see our faces and it’s more believable. We do have amazing stunt people who step in for us when it’s rather dangerous or we’re not able to do it. But it’s nice for the audience to see our faces while we’re fighting.
GREYSTON: Yes. And it’s definitely a catharsis because we go through so many different emotions and it’s such a mentally demanding show, in that respect but it’s nice just to shut the brain down — plus we need the brain for the choreography. But just the outlet physically is a really nice thing to do every couple of episodes. And it’s fun. Like this is the first time I’ve really done extensive stunt choreography and it’s kind of like a dance, once all the moves and the hits and the punches you’re proficient at it, it’s a lot of fun and it’s nice to come home – most days you come home from set, you’re emotionally drained, but it’s nice to like come home after you are just beaten, bruised.
LAURA: [Laughs] Yes. I’m usually the one that’s extremely bruised.
GREYSTON: Yes, you bruise easy. I think it’s the way you fight too.
LAURA: I think I just don’t know how to hit lightly.
GREYSTON: Your fights are a lot different.

There’s going to be so many changes especially in the characters coming into this season. What can you tell us about how your characters finding these new characters and are you guys as actors enjoying having more people playing in your universe?
GREYSTON: Yes. I mean obviously it’s just nice to have this female element introduced to our show and then Laura, of course. Yes, I think it’s been really great for her to have this female presence around. But it’s been an interesting when you think that you’re the only ones that exists in this in this world and then you find out there are others with powers and abilities, I mean it kind of shocks your world, right? And it’s been really interesting and challenging to incorporate these witches into our world and just to interact with them and see how we interact with them and, personally speaking, the only interaction I have with females on the show is with Laura and she’s like my one true love. But it was interesting just to have other women around and I didn’t even know how I was going to react to having them around on camera and with my character. So it was kind of just finding the moments and the beats and seeing how we interact. But it was very interesting and challenging.
LAURA: It completely changes the tone of the show. From the first season to this season, not that it’s a completely different show, but the look and the material that we’re dealing with is completely different. And for the fans of the witches, they certainly get their share of them this season. And it’s not just the female witches, there is a bad presence that is after the pack and they have to deal with that and you’ll discover who that is as the season goes on and it’s just someone that they really have no way of dealing with. Last season, our threat was either ourselves or the humans and the mutts, this season, it’s a whole new realm of possibilities and dangers for the pack.
GREYSTON: That we didn’t know existed until now. So it’s a shock.
LAURA: Yes.

You guys play a werewolf couple, what advice do you think modern/human couples could learn from Clay and Elena?
LAURA: Passion.
GREYSTON: Passion, yes. That we all have secrets and sometimes you need your partner to help you keep it secret. I don’t know.
LAURA: Or to help you get through it. I mean their relationship is a little in flux season one and you have to look at it that Clay is her one true love and she’s destined to be with him and she was fighting that. And maybe human relationships need to look at what their heart is really telling them and to listen to that, because I think we’re all looking for the right fit and sometimes the right fit is the wrong fit and it’s someone not just you truly are in love with and have fun with, and that was Clay for her and she tried to deny that. She tried to check off the boxes of what she feels a woman needs in society as a human. But maybe as human relationships in the world need to look at passion and what your heart is truly telling you and not try to check off those boxes.
GREYSTON: Yes. Nailed it. You nailed that answer.
LAURA: Yes. Nothing really more to be said. That was a pretty perfect answer.

In the first few episodes, we don’t see as much of the wolves. Is there going to be more spacing out throughout the season where things are sort of consciously. Was it a creative direction or special effects direction that some of the fight scenes early on you would think at least one of the pack would wolf out to participate in the fight but everybody stayed human. Can you talk a little bit about how that will change between season one and season two?
GREYSTON: Yes, there’s definitely some wolfing out that happens as the season progresses. But in the beginning it’s it’s about introducing these this new world, the witches, right? But there are definitely some fights coming up that involve like actors in wolf form so.

One of the other things, we see early on in the season that Clay sort of gets into investigative mode as wearing his doctor hat. Do we see more of that throughout the season. Will we see him use more of those skills throughout the season?
GREYSTON: Yes, you definitely do. And it’s definitely like an investigative element to this season. Like a true detective vibe. And Clay definitely calls upon his skills and his knowledge as an anthropology professor and anthropologist to help get to the bottom of this. So I think it’s an interesting turn this season, right? It wasn’t just about a wolf instincts, it was about using our brains and really figuring how to deal with this new world of the witches and it’s kind of an unknown world. I mean at first we’re not really sure what to expect and what it is and it’s a lot of just deciphering and decoding the world around us and I just happen to have good set of skills in this case to help deal with that.
LAURA: But what’s funny, Greyston is as you said that this season that the wolves are using their brains more, I feel like Elena’s using it less this season.
GREYSTON: Yes, totally.
LAURA: The previous season, it’s like Queen Elena has change in a way like this season she’s just very animalistic and in kill mode. I mean, she does use her brain at all times obviously, especially when investigating the dark presence.
GREYSTON: I think what’s driving you this season though is more of the blood lust.
LAURA: Yes. I think that.

There’s a scene where Elena has a long overdue conversation and you just almost vibrate at the table because you’re so angry. She really is almost feral this season because she’s so hell bent on correcting what happened at the end of last season.
LAURA: Yes. And that’s to be expected because this season takes up three days prior to the finale and as we all saw in the finale, Philip’s head was in her bed , so she’s still seeing red and it’s a nice change for me too because season one, I was just so emotional and, “Oh, where do I belong?” And this season, it’s just go time and that was a lot of fun for me especially I am separated from the pack mid season. So she is on her own and very instinctual with the young witch and with protecting herself and this young girl, so.

How does working on a show that’s based on a 13-book series kind of affected your approach to playing the characters, or do you just try to focus on like what’s on the page and kind of leave the books to their place?
GREYSTON: Well, initially I think we all obviously drew from the books as a sort of base knowledge. But it kind of becomes its own thing after that. You make some choices about your character initially, first season and then – and then you really just have to ride out the show, like the show like kind of becomes its own thing after that. And this season, we’re stepping a little away from the books. So it’s for me at list. I don’t know if I can speak for the rest of the cast. It’s about what’s on the page at this point. Whereas initially, it was – it was about researching the characters. But you have to kind of take some creative license and liberty to make it your own. But, there we go.
LAURA: Yes. He kind of said what I was going to say. For me, I read the first book when I was cast just to have an understanding and spoke to our executive producer, but I think, yes, it’s about what’s on the page, it’s about what we’re creating as a show and we want to make the fans happy but at the same time have to work within the realm of what our writers are coming up with, which is always fantastic and shocking and bloody and amazing. So the books are a source I guess if we want to go to to see sort of what the future might hold, but other than that, I’d like to go by the script and be pleasantly surprised.

Are there any other kind of pairings on the show that you’d like to see get together or any kind of love connections that you guys as actors would like to see those characters get together?
GREYSTON: Jeremy, I think – I can’t believe I’m forgetting the police officer in the first season.
LAURA: Yes. They need to get together or I think we need to try to bite a female and help her survive for Jeremy or just find a human. He needs a little loving too.
GREYSTON: Like what is Jeremy doing like to quench his sexual appetite? Like I don’t know. We don’t know.
LAURA: Well, I have a pretty good idea, but he’s our father. We can’t be thinking about that – he’s changing. He’s getting his frustrations out wall painting and we haven’t seen him paint in a while so who knows
GREYSTON: Sure. We know what he’s doing in the painting room.
LAURA: We know what he’s really doing.

GREYSTON: Lunchtime.
LAURA: Greyston likes the food. . . I think for me, it’s working with all the guys. I mean obviously we love our characters in the show and playing out these characters and all the different scenarios that they have to deal with and watching them grow as we grow, but I just love working with the guys, we all miss each other when we’re not working and we have a lot of fun and we learn from one another so.
GREYSTON: Yes. I’d have to say the same thing. Like just our family. Like we’re so fortunate too being in a show where – and I know I can speak on everyone’s behalf that we all look forward to coming to work in the morning and just hanging out and then getting to act together and work out scenes and everyone’s very supportive and we go through a lot of heavy emotions in the show and it’s nice to have a group of people that understands the emotions and is there for support. But at the same time like we – because we like each other so much we keep it light. we’re always laughing and having a good time. So it’s a great thing.
LAURA: I don’t think any of us have ever gotten into like a fight or there’s never been any awkward personal problems with the cast. We all support one another and after scenes, we’re all congratulating each other on the work that they’ve done or there’s never been any bad intentions on anyone’s behalf which is really nice because actors can be fickle people and you never know when you put a group of them together what will happen. But in this case, it’s been a dream.
GREYSTON: Yes. There’s never any me or I, it’s always like, us the pack, we, us going through it together.

Greyston, did you work with the boy who played you in the flashbacks at all?
GREYSTON: Yes. Clay goes very internal and we call it the mind palace and he’s kind of trapped inside his mind and deals with some of his demons from past and we do have some interaction in that. I don’t want to give to much away about how that comes to me but, yes, he’s very sweet kid but that’s the interaction I had with him on the set.

What can you guys share about the like enhanced side of the horror that we’ll see this season?
LAURA: I mean this season, the horror definitely adds up. There’s much more blood and gore, but Elena is separated from the pack a few episodes in and ends up at a compound and sort of – there is a character that has the ability to get into the minds of our pack and sort of put the characters into a mind palace with their worst fears coming true and they have to deal with them. And for Elena, you can imagine there’s a lot of things that she’s had go on in her life and guilt and all that that she’s got to basically confront within this mind palace and we’ve got insane explosions and fight sequences, because Elena is sort of in this assassin mode, she’s ripping body parts off and it did get intense this season and actually I’m just looking at a photo where I’m covered in blood that I think I’m going to be posting soon. So I had a lot of fun doing that this season. I’m a huge horror fan and one of our writers Wil Zmak is aware of that so he wrote an episode I think specifically for me to quench those needs and I had my own little horror movie in one episode which was a lot of fun.
GREYSTON: Yes. I guess, the other person does what you want to say like, “Ooh, I love that.” But, yes, this is definitely a darker, more heady season. It really kind twisted and really affects you in a mental level. There’s a lot of unknown forces around us happening and it’s trying to figure out what’s happening in this world, because our world is physical and this new world is very supernatural and magical and fantastical and it’s really thrown us for a loop. But it’s definitely a bloodier, sexier, more violent season. And it just has – we have a new director of photography this season, Boris, and he’s really put a dark tone on the show. He has this thing called the dark side where you’ll notice in this show more specifically on the interior scenes. There’s a further shot on half of our face and it really kind of add to this dramatic tone. So visually this season, I think affects you more. Visually, it looks really appealing, it’s just very rich and dark.
LAURA: It’s very cinematic this season. It does look like it should be on the big screen like a horror film.
GREYSTON: Yes. All of my friends who have seen any bits of it say that too. It’s like, yes, just looks like a movie that’s.
GREYSTON: Hey, Laura.
LAURA: Hey, Greyston. What’s up? What’s up?
GREYSTON: What’s up? And then I guess – I mean one of the other key things – I mean everyone knows the premiere date obviously.
LAURA: April 17th. And we’re very excited.
GREYSTON: April 17th, two-hour premiere.
LAURA: Yes, I was going to say it’s great that it’s a two hour premiere because I know that the American fans have been dying to see it and trying to avoid the spoilers on social media. So they get to sort of get caught up within the two hour premiere.
GREYSTON: And these two episodes really do play well. I mean, the whole season plays well as a whole but these two episodes really I think it was smart to play them back-to-back, just artistically and plot-wise it’s like it really kind of go together as a nice little unit, like a two hour premiere. So it will be two hours of edge of your seat TV.
GREYSTON: Or hiding under your pillow TV. It’s pretty twisted and scary. It’s dark.
LAURA: And the finale, you’ll be using the Kleenex.
GREYSTON: Yes. Oh, yes, God, the last two episodes there’ll be some tears, I’ll say that.
LAURA: I feel like we’re just having a phone conversation with each other talking.
GREYSTON: Yes. We need to do this more often, Laura, just talk about the show. I’ll call you and we’ll just talk about it.
LAURA: I know. It’s like what you had for breakfast.
GREYSTON: Yes.

http://www.seat42f.com/bitten-scoop-lau ... rview.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 2.10 "Fine Temporum" (season finale):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Descripción oficial del 2.10 "Fine Temporum" (season finale):
2.10 "Fine Temporum" (11/04/15): La Manada y el Aquelarre permanecen codo con codo en la guerra contra Aleister, Clara, y su asesino Undoing, cada lado continúa sufriendo los efectos de la mano izquierda mágica que Aleister desató y contra la que Ruth contraatacó. Ambos lados convergen en el edificio Delphi determinados a emerger victoriosos sea cual sea el costo.

http://lauravandervoort-forum.blogspot. ... -fine.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Imágenes BTS del 2.10 "Fine Temporum" (season finale):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(thanks to @vandiekins22, @daeganf, @wilzmak, @jotabey, @JohnBarbisan)

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Kara(Laura Vandervoort)”