"BEAUTY & THE BEAST"

Foro dedicado a Kristin Kreuk que interpreta a lana Lang

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, porre, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "BEAUTY & THE BEAST"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Kristin Kreuk Habla sobre BEAUTY AND THE BEAST de la CW, el recibir una nota de Linda Hamilton, SMALLVILLE y más (collider.com):
Kristin Kreuk Habla sobre BEAUTY AND THE BEAST de la CW, el recibir una nota de Linda Hamilton, SMALLVILLE y más
Por Christina Radish 7 de Agosto, 2012 a las 2:02 pm

On the new drama series Beauty and the Beast, premiering on The CW on October 11th, Catherine Chandler (Smallville’s Kristin Kreuk) is a smart, no-nonsense homicide detective haunted by the murder of her mother, which she witnessed as a teenager. She would have been killed as well, if a mysterious beast hadn’t been there to save her. Years later, a case leads her right to Vincent Keller (Jay Ryan) and possibly some of the answers that she has been waiting for.

While at The CW portion of the TCA Press Tour, actress Kristin Kreuk talked about the concept of everyone having a dark side, the challenges of playing a cop, getting to do fight scenes, what she loved about the original Linda Hamilton/Ron Perlman series, how she would love for Linda Hamilton to do a guest appearance on the show, working with Jay Ryan and developing their chemistry, the possibility of other love interests, what she’s currently watching on TV, and what it’s like to be a part of this generation’s Superman, with her work on Smallville. Check out what she had to say after the jump.

Does Catherine have her own dark side?

KRISTIN KREUK: I think the whole concept is that we all do. It’s not necessarily a dark side, but there are things about ourselves that we want to hide and that we think are bad, and sometimes they are destructive and violent. Even if it’s something where you say something to me and I get pissed, and I say something mean to you, that’s violent. Catherine has got a lot of stuff that she’s buried down, and her impulse towards revenge, which is a violent act that isn’t okay, she understands is an impulse towards stopping these people that hurt her mom. She believes that somehow it’s going to make it better. But Vincent, in some ways, knows that it won’t. No matter how much you exact justice in the world, it won’t make the feeling go away. That is her darkness.

What’s it like, playing a cop?

KREUK: That’s tough for me. I don’t walk into a room with an authoritative stance. I tend to be a little more submissive, even though I think I have a certain amount of strength. So, it’s tough for me to play authority without feeling uncomfortable. I love it because it’s such a challenge for me to go out there and take that position.

Have you done any ride-alongs for research?

KREUK: I haven’t gone yet, but I’d like to. I talked to a couple female detectives, which was amazing. One of them is a consultant on our show now. She’s got long blonde hair, and is small and show, like me. She’s been a detective for 20 years, and she consults on Southland, as well. It was really interesting to talk to her and hear what her experience has been like. People have been like, “How could Kristin be a detective?” But, there are women in my position that are like me, and who do this, all the time. I think that’s really interesting. It would be very challenging to go in and be with dead bodies, every day.

Will there be fights for Catherine, in every episode?

KREUK: I don’t think they’ll be in every episode, but I think there will be some to carry it through. That wouldn’t make sense. She’s a detective. She’s not going to go around taking people, all the time. I think that will happen sometimes. I think people will respond to it a lot, so they’re going to want to do more. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

How long did it take to shoot the subway fight scene in the pilot?

KREUK: I was really sick, during the shoot of the pilot. We did a two week shoot, and I was really sick, so I didn’t learn the fight sequence until pretty late in the game. I think we had a full day to shoot that. Since then, I’ve done a huge fight that was at the end of the day, after multiple chase scenes. It’s started getting faster, but I learn most things quick. I have a dance background.

In the original series, Catherine’s purpose was to be rescued a lot, but this Catherine is a really good martial arts fighter. Is it fun to play someone who is really good at defending herself?

KREUK: Yeah. After Catherine sees her mom killed in front of her, she’s very committed to being somebody who doesn’t have that happen, ever again. So, it’s cool for me to be able to take all that I’ve learned, in the span of my life, and have that be something I can pull from. I started doing martial arts when I was a kid. I don’t often get that kind of role, although I get to do it periodically, which is a lot of fun for me.

What’s your strength as a fighter, in real life?

KREUK: I can’t use it. I would get destroyed. I’m not Maggie Q. I can look decent doing it, but I’d probably not want to fight anybody.

What’s fun about the discipline?

KREUK: I love physical movement. Dance was my favorite thing, and I was a gymnast. I find that expression through movement is easier, in some ways, than expression through words. There’s something very satisfying about the practice of it, even in yoga. It feels centering to use my body, in that way.

Have you seen the original series, with Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman?

KREUK: I’ve only seen a little bit. I didn’t have TV, growing up. My parents didn’t watch TV either.

What did you like about what you saw of it?

KREUK: I loved the romance between them, and his goodness. I’m very interested in morality, so that was really important. How we become moral and understand good and bad, and how we overcome our impulse towards violence, is all really important to me, as a person. I liked that about it.

Are you glad that you’re not visiting the sewer to see Vincent?

KREUK: In many ways, I’m glad that we’re not in the sewer. That’s helpful.

Is it true that you received a note from Linda Hamilton?

KREUK: Yes! She’s been shooting in Toronto, doing a guest spot on Lost Girl, and she actually signed photos for Jay [Ryan] and I. It was unexpected and surprising and wonderful. I got it on our first day of work, and it’s in my trailer. It feels really cool to have her know about what we’re doing, and wish us well. It’s rad!

Do you think she might ever do a guest appearance?

KREUK: We would love her to. I think all of us have talked about it.

Do you watch more TV now?

KREUK: I do watch more TV than I used to watch. I love Breaking Bad. I know everyone says that, but I love it. And I love Game of Thrones. I like to take series and watch them, all the way through. The Wire is my favorite show ever made. There is some really good TV right now.

What was it like to move to the east side of the country, going from Vancouver to Toronto?

KREUK: It was tough. Honestly, it was really hard. This cast is incredible and we’re really tight, so that makes it easy. And I work every day and am in every scene, which also makes it easy, in that sense. But, it was hard. I have my boyfriend, down here. I’ve got my dog, my family and my best friends that I’ve had, for years and years and years. You can’t build those old friendships right away. They take a long time.

What’s it like working with Jay Ryan?

KREUK: Jay and I get along really well. It’s so wonderful. I feel very comfortable with him. I feel like we giggle a lot. There’s an easiness to it. So, we have a good friendship developing already and that makes it so easy.

How did you develop that slow-burn romantic tension, which is at the core of the show?

KREUK: That’s an interesting question. I think that’s just the nature of how the two characters relate, based on their own individual struggles. Catherine doesn’t want to acknowledge that she might feel vulnerable, in that way, so she’s making it about the case. She’s like, “We need to just figure out what happened to my mom, and this will be over.” She really doesn’t want to connect to that vulnerability. It’s uncomfortable for her.

Will there be other love interests for her?

KREUK: Yes, I think so.

Jay talked about auditioning with you, with half of his head shaved and having to wear an awful wig. What went through your head, when you see him looking like that?

KREUK: Well, I came in and he had the side of his head shaved, and I was like, “That’s an interesting hairdo,” but I didn’t really think about it. I think he focuses on it more than I focused on it, to be honest. It was a terrible wig and he was self-conscious about it, but it was fine. I wasn’t focusing on that. I’ve seen bad wigs before.

Do you look forward to pushing the envelope with this?

KREUK: Absolutely! I want to push the envelope. I want to really challenge myself. Where we started and where we ended with Smallville was a huge shift. I think that we can do that, faster and better here, so I’m excited about that.

What do you like about telling stories in this genre?

KREUK: I don’t think I realized it before, but you can play with metaphor, in a really intense way. You can look at Beast as someone who actually, physically turns into a beast, which is a great metaphor. When you’re more of a straight drama that’s very realistic, you still explore those concepts, but you don’t get to amp it up to the degree that you do when you have something that’s supernatural, where your metaphors can be really fun.

How does it feel to be a part of this generation’s Superman, with your work on Smallville?

KREUK: It’s interesting. I hadn’t thought of it that way. I haven’t reflected on it, in that sense. I saw the trailer for the new Superman that’s coming out and I was like, “That feels so different than what’s been done before.” It’s got such a gritty realism to it that could be really intriguing. I don’t know how it will turn out because it’s such a short trailer and I can’t tell, but I love it. I am a sucker for what it takes to build character. I like that stuff.

When you were a teenager, you were working and busy, almost always in your hometown of Vancouver. Do you see yourself as having lived a charmed life, so far?

KREUK: I do. I have had a very charmed life. I look at what’s happened in my life, and I feel so lucky. I don’t know how it occurred. I didn’t plan it, but I got to be with my family when I needed to be with my family. I got to go and travel the world, doing these amazing projects, and I feel like I’m so privileged and grateful.

http://collider.com/kristin-kreuk-beaut ... ew/187146/

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevos Web Banners de "Beauty and the Beast":

Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Nuevas imágenes BTS del rodaje:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(thanks to @BatBwriters)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Los Jefes de Smallville Dan Forma a una Nueva Generación de "Superman" en "Beauty and the Beast" (tvguide):
Los Jefes de Smallville Dan Forma a una Nueva Generación de "Superman" en "Beauty and the Beast"
Por Natalie Abrams 9 de Agosto, 2012 09:16 PM ET

He may not be Clark Kent, but Beauty and the Beast's titular beast is another form of Superman — especially considering Smallville bosses Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson are helping to shape him.

In The CW's Beauty and the Beast remake, from Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper, Jay Ryan stars as Vincent Keller, a doctor-turned-soldier who was transformed into a beast after a faulty military medical experiment. Smallville alum Kristin Kreuk plays his beauty, Catherine Chandler, a cop who's driven by revenge after the her mother's death, which was possibly connected to the shady company behind Vincent's accident.

While Clark Kent (Tom Welling) was the consummate outsider — he was an alien, after all — the producers say Vincent's journey is the polar opposite. "Vincent never started as an outsider," Peterson says. "He was in the military, he was a doctor, he was on a very different track and never experienced what it was like to be an outsider, to feel like an alien, all the things that Clark, from the very second he was born, had started to feel. It's created a very different person and a very different approach to being a hero for Vincent."

Superman has also always been the epitome of truth, justice and the American way, but Vincent is not necessarily a hero. In fact, during the recent Television Critics Association fall TV previews, he was likened to more of a serial killer walking a fine moral line. "Clark was very guided by the morality of his parents," Peterson says. "Vincent is a beast. There are times when he's out of control and there's times where he may not do the right thing. Catherine is going to have to deal with that as somebody who works within the system."

"What we learned after a decade is that there are rules to heroes and there are expectations," Souders adds. "The complication is it's a superhero who doesn't necessarily have total control over himself."

Fans of Smallville will find some similarities between the two super men and their powers. While Clark Kent was guided through the emergence of new powers, Vincent's journey will not be as easy. "[Clark's X-ray vision] was so nicely handled in one episode with his dad and a burnt scarecrow and he'd gotten it under control," Peterson says. "Whereas, Vincent is learning that his powers are more and more out of control as the season progresses, which is the opposite problem Clark had."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallville- ... 51857.aspx

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Beauty and the Beast - Too Close Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZysVOAf7TUM

- The CW - Fall Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_8a3C1nC4M

- Imagen BTS del rodaje con Kristin Kreuk, Jay Ryan y Nina Lisandrello (13-08-12):

Imagen

(thanks to @BatBwriters)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo Poster Art Oficial de la CW para "Beauty & The Beast":

Imagen Imagen

- Imágenes BTS de la grabación de "Beauty and the Beast" en Toronto (16-08-12):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(La actriz Kristin Kreuk junto a su compañera Nina Lisandrello estuvieron grabando varias tomas en una calle de downtown Toronto el jueves por la tarde en las que están buscando pruebas en un coche que tiene el parabrisas roto después de perseguir a un sospechoso por un callejón)

Thanks to globalnews.ca & JustJared

Imagen

(thanks to @BatBwriters)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- BTS del rodaje junto a Nicole Gale Anderson:

Imagen

- Nuevas imágenes promocionales del cast:

Imagen Imagen

- Título del 1.04: "Saturn Returns"

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The CW - 20 Minute First Look Fall Preview:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/08/the-cw ... um=twitter

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Mädchen Amick Estrella Invitada en "Beauty and the Beast" (TVLine.com):
Imagen
Según informa TVLine Mädchen Amick será estrella invitada este otoño en el reboot de la serie de los 80 "Beauty and the Beast".

En lo que sólo puede ser descrito como un papel muy específico, la actriz aparecerá en el episodio 3 como una rica presidenta de un club de polo llamada Lois que es dueña de un campamento terapéutico de caballos.

Amick — quien es más conocida por su papel de Shelly Johnson en Twin Peaks — ha estado ocupada últimamente, apareciendo este año en series como Drop Dead Diva, Ringer, Mad Men, Psych, In Plain Sight y más recientemente en Political Animals.

http://tvline.com/2012/08/23/beauty-and ... hen-amick/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas BTS:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(gracias a @BatBwriters & @CWBeautyBeast)

- The CW - 20 Minute First Look Fall Preview Screencaps:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes BTS de "Beauty and The Beast":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(thanks to @BatBwriters)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- New Cast Promo Pics:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(thanks to The CW)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Kelly Overton y Jeremy Glazer serán estrellas invitadas en "Beauty and the Beast" (TVGuide):
Imagen Imagen
La actriz de "True Blood" Kelly Overton será estrella invitada en un episodio de "Beauty and the Beast".

Overton interpretará a Claire, una inteligente y extremadamente atlética estudiante doctoral que se comgenia con el examinador médico Evan (Max Brown) después de que se conozcan online.

También aparece en la nueva serie de la CW Jeremy Glazer, quien interpretará a un estudiante médico llamado Michael cuya prometida ha desaparecido.

Overton apareció más recientemente interpretando al interés amoroso deAmbos personajes estarán en el cuarto episodio, con el papel de Overton siendo potencialmente recurrente.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Beauty-Beas ... 52502.aspx

- Nuevas imágenes promocionales:

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Beauty and the Beast", "Emily Owens MD" y "Arrow" en las "Paley Center’s Fall TV Preview Parties":
The Paley Center for Media celebrará de nuevo este año sus “Fall TV Preview Parties”, que incluirán algunas sesiones de preguntas con los miembros de varias series.

He aquí la nota de prensa:

THE PALEY CENTER FOR MEDIA ANUNCIA FECHAS Y ALINEACIONES PARA EL PALEYFEST: FALL TV PREVIEW PARTIES

La serie anual de una semana de duración abierta al público de Screenings y Paneles Celebrando la temporada de otoño de TV de las cadenas NBC, CBS, the CW, FOX y ABC.

Beverly Hills, CA, 9 de Agosto, 2012 – The Paley Center for Media presentará el anual PaleyFest: Fall TV Preview Parties, Del 5-11 al 11 de Septiembre en The Paley Center for Media en Beverly Hills. El evento de una semana de duración ofrecerá screenings libres para las muy anticipadas series de la temporada de otoño antes de que salgan al aire. T

The Paley Center for Media, junto con su compañera de medios de este año, TV Guide Magazine, serán los anitriones de las siguientes series y cadenas: NBC: The New Normal, Go On, Revolution, Animal Practice, Chicago Fire y Guys with Kids; CBS: Partners, Elementary, Vegas y Made In Jersey; the CW: Arrow, Emily Owens, M.D., y Beauty and the Beast; FOX: Ben and Kate, The Mindy Project, The Mob Doctor, New Girl y Raising Hope; ABC: Scandal, Malibu Country, The Neighbors y Nashville.

QUÉ:
El 2012 PaleyFest: Fall TV Preview Parties, es la celebración anual del Paley Center de la temporada de otoño de la televisión que mostrará fiestas de preview libres durante una semana de duranción, con cada noche dedicada a una cadana. Los eventos incluirán una sesión interactiva de preguntas y respuestas con varios miembros del elenco y del equipo creativo que participa en las series, además de muchos screenings previos en su totalidad. Los Screenings y las fiestas son libres, y se proporcionarán aperitivos y bebidas. Los asientos serán proporcionados por orden de llegada. Los Screenings se mostrarán en varias áreas de reproducción incluyendo el Paley Center’s John H. Mitchell Theater, el Paley Center rooftop lounge, y el Bell Gallery lounge. La admisión es gratuita, pero se requiere confirmación de la asistencia. Los miembros del Paley Center y el público en general pueden hacer su confirmación en paleycenter.org.

CUÁNDO:

CW | Sábado, 8 de Septiembre

4:00 PM: Apertura de puertas

5:00 PM: CW Preview Screening: Arrow

5:45 PM: CW Preview Panel en el que estarán presentes miembros del elenco y del equipo creativo de Arrow (la estrella Stephen Amell y los productores ejecutivos Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, y Andrew Kreisberg. Rob Moynihan de TV Guide Magazine moderará el evento.)

6:45 PM: Screenings: Emily Owens, M.D., Beauty and the Beast

Un stream en vivo del evento podrá encontrarse AQUÍ, empezando a las 5:45PM.

Los tickets para atender al evento pueden comprarse AQUÍ.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nueva imagen BTS de Kristin Kreuk, Brian White, Jay Ryan & Nina Lisandrello celebrando el cumple de Jay:

Imagen

(Thanks to @ninacinderella)

- Nueva y divertida imagen promocional durante los "Summer TCA 2012" (29-07-12):

Imagen

(Gracias a "The Hollywood Reporter")

- Otra imagen BTS (07-09-12):

Imagen

(gracias a @BatBwriters)

- Kristin Kreuk junto a Stephen Amell en el último número de "Glamour Magazine":

Imagen Imagen

(Thanks to Dee)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nueva imagen BTS junto a Nina Lisandrello:

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk)”