Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "Nuevo proyecto para la CW sobre 'THE FLASH'"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Blackout", nuevo personaje de DC para "The Flash":
BwyPNcnIYAAx_Hn.jpg
La noticia nos llega de la mano de Matt Mittovich en su "Matt's Inside Line" de TVLine:

¿Algo jugoso sobre The Flash de la CW? –Andy B.
Parace que Central City será golpeada con 'Blackout' en el Episodio 7, cuando Farooq, un metahumano eléctrico, busque venganza contra el Dr. Wells. ¿Flash al rescate? Puede que no, dado que Barry estará sufriendo un 'apagón' de sus poderes justo cuando llegue este nuevo chico malo.

En los cómics, 'Blackout' apareció por primera vez en el universo de la New Earth en Flashpoint Vol 2 #1 (Julio, 2011). Blackout fue reclutado para un equipo de "héroes" por Cyborg, cuya misión era derrotar al Emperador Aquaman y a Wonder Woman, los cuales querían hacerse con el control del mundo. la guerra entre sus naciones provocó que murieran millones de personas. Éste equipo pretendía terminar con esa guerra.

http://tvline.com/2014/09/05/homeland-s ... rie-quinn/

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas stills del 1.01 "Pilot":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash - Pretty Ricky Interview (The CW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ1e4V1vud8

- The Flash - Barry's Body Interview (The CW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETMXEimloSU

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Productores de ‘The Flash’ adelantan cameos sorpresas en los cómics ‘Season Zero’ (MTV):
Productores de ‘The Flash’ adelantan cameos sorpresas en los cómics ‘Season Zero’
Por Alex Zalben 08 Septiembre 2014

“The Flash” doesn’t premiere on The CW until October 7, but starting today you can snag your first look at the show in comic book form. DC Comics, along with “Flash” Executive Producer Andrew Kriesberg, and writers Katherine Walczak and Brooke Elkmeier, are bringing “Flash: Season Zero,” a story set between the first and second episodes of the show.

MTV News hopped on the phone with Kreisberg and Walczak to preview the comic, as well as the upcoming season of the TV show. And along the way, we found out about a possible, major DC Comics guest star – as well as how “Arrow” fans should keep their eyes wide open while reading the comic:

MTV News: How did you set up doing the digital comic version of the show, and what was the idea behind it?

Andrew Kreisberg: We had done something similar on “Arrow” in season one. We made them these short vignettes, which were fun but it didn’t have that cohesive storyline. This time, DC wanted us to do something longer form, more traditional comic book format. So Katherine Walczak, Brooke Elkmeier – one of the other writers on the staff – and I sat down.

They actually came up this story and pitched it to me. We fleshed it out together, and we’re just really excited by it. It’s a story we wouldn’t necessarily be doing on the TV show, only because it would be unproducable for TV. That’s one of the great things about a comic: you’re only as limited as your imagination. We’re just as excited for this story, as anything we’re doing on the show.

MTV: We talked to “Arrow” Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim last week and he said the same thing about the “Arrow: Season 2.5″ comic. On “The Flash,” though, you’re dealing with straight-up superpowers… So what’s the limit of what you can’t do on the show, that you can do in the comic?

Kreisberg: There’s always a limit. [Laughs] Certainly “The Flash,” even though its taking place in our world, and the world of “Arrow,” there’s a growing acceptance of the impossible by the characters and by the public in the TV show.

But even then, there’s limits to what we’re able to achieve, budgetarily and timewise. The story of circus, which actually comes from the “Starman” universe, would kill us in an episode. But in a comic book run, we can let our Flash flag fly.

MTV: What’s it been like tackling this comic book at the same time as you’re trying to find your footing with a new show? For example, I imagine there’s character beats you’re developing in season one that you don’t want to spoil in the comic.

Katherine Walczak: You’re right, there’s things we’re excited about down the road in the season that we don’t want to totally catch up in the comic. But there are Easter Eggs, and hints at relationships that we’re going to do in the TV show, in the comic, so it’s an additive experience if you’re reading both the comic and watching the show.

Kreisberg: A TV show is 42 minutes of actual screentime, and sometimes the smaller character stuff is the stuff that falls by the wayside. Doing the comic is allowing us to touch on those little moments, and those little relationship beats that will hopefully make the audience fall even more in love with these characters than they are by watching the show.

MTV: So what do we find out about the characters? What does it say about Barry Allen, or any of the supporting cast?

Kreisberg: In this first story, it was really Brooke and Katherine’s idea to draw the analogy between Barry and the circus people. Barry, for all the amazing things that happen to him, he does suddenly feel like a freak now. He’s been separated by everyone else because of what’s happened to him.

He’s always felt like a little bit of an outsider because of his interests, and what happens to his mother. Now he’s even more of an outsider because he has these amazing powers. Having him go up against a whole group of people, who have always felt like outsiders, and yet they have each others, felt like such a rich area of storytelling…

Also to have Barry realizing he’s not alone in this, which is something the TV show touches upon, but it becomes a big part of this comic book.

MTV: Dancing around spoilers here, but there’s a pretty direct cliffhanger that happens at the end of the first episode involving Tom Cavanagh’s character Harrison Wells. Since this book takes place after the first episode of the show, will you be dealing with that fallout at all?

Kreisberg: Harrison Wells, and what he’s up to is probably the most difficult thing, but there will be glimpses of it in the comic book for sure. It’s tricky, and we’re in the middle of it, and figuring it out, how these things are going to work together.

It was really important to us, and to DC that this felt evergreen, that it was divorced from the reality of what was happening on the show. It’s been a delicate dance, and as we continue to write the TV show, that’s affected the work we’ve done on the comic book.

We’ve tried to stay as nimble as possible, so we can adjust so these comic books feel like a part of the show, without taking away from it.

MTV: Jumping back a little, since Flash is meeting the circus from “Starman” in this comic, is there a chance in the comic – or in the show – you could bring in Starman himself, Jack Knight or Mikaal Tomas?

Kreisberg: Not in the comic book… As for the show itself, we always keep our options open. When we started “Arrow,” if you had told me that we would have two TV shows that would have Ray Palmer, and Ronnie Raymond, and Helena Bertinelli, and Slade Wilson, I would have said you were nuts. And you would have been right! [Laughs]

We take these things as we come. As always with these things, we want to our superhero to be the star of his own comic.

MTV: I asked Marc about this, and he said that “Arrow: Season 2.5″ couldn’t cross over with “Flash: Season Zero,” unless they wanted to have a comatose Barry. But “Season Zero” takes place after “Arrow” season three has already started, so any chance of a crossover on your end?

Kreisberg: We hadn’t actually talked about that… Part of the problem is that episode eight of both “Flash” and “Arrow” this season is a two-hour crossover event. So a lot of the “meet and greet” between these characters will take place on the TV show.

But as always there are ways for people to be in the comic together, without being the comic together, without them realizing it. There are the big crossover events, and then what we call the mini-crossover… And the comic is certainly rife with mini-crossovers.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1923508/the-fla ... dc-comics/

- Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Jesse L. Martin y Candice Patton hablan sobre THE FLASH, los viajes en el tiempo, Easter Eggs y Más (collider):
Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Jesse L. Martin y Candice Patton hablan sobre THE FLASH, los viajes en el tiempo, Easter Eggs y Más
Por Christina Radish 09/09/14

In the upcoming CW drama series The Flash, Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) is struck by lightening and wakes up after nine months in a coma to learn that the accident has given him the power of super speed. But being a superhero and facing danger isn’t easy when there’s a city full of heroes and villains with extraordinary abilities.

During The CW night of the PaleyFest Fall TV Preview, executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg were joined by actors Jesse L. Martin (“Detective Joe West”) and Candice Patton (“Iris West”) to talk about how the show came about, which comics they’re drawing from, how similar this Iris West is to the comics, the dynamic between Iris and Barry, what Detective West is like as Barry’s surrogate dad, season-long storylines versus series-long storylines, that time travel is a big part of The Flash’s world, Easter eggs, love interest cross-overs, having such a diverse cast, and having 20 days of production for the pilot. Check out what they had to say after the jump, and be aware that there are some spoilers.

Question: Who came up with the idea to bring a Justice League character onto Arrow and introduce him there, before doing The Flash?

ANDREW KREISBERG: It was definitely Greg [Berlanti]. We were working on Season 1 of Arrow, on Episode 13 or 14. And we were just starting to get the hang of writing Arrow when Greg said, “We should do a spin off?” I was like, “Are you kidding? We can barely do one of these.” He said right then, and I remember it so vividly, “We should bring Barry Allen on. We should do two episodes with him, and then he gets hit by lightening at the end of the last episode. And then, we’ll do the pilot.” That’s pretty much what we did. The only real change was that we were thinking of doing it as a backdoor pilot on one of the episodes [of Arrow.] We worked so hard on Episode 8 and 9 for Arrow. If we hadn’t found Grant [Gustin], we might not have done it, at all. Grant was so amazing, and those episodes and turned out so well. We had such great support from both the studio and the network who said, “You should do this as an actual pilot, and not just as an episode.”

What comics are you guys drawing from, for The Flash?

GREG BERLANTI: The one that I loved the most as a kid was Crisis on Infinite Earths because he died in it, in 1985. He died saving the universe, and it was emotional. I think that was always our hope with the character in the show. When Geoff Johns re-imagined him in Rebirth, he gave him the gravitas of this backstory of searching for his mother’s killer. That was something that we also really wanted to include in this series. It’s the fusion of having the same epic world-building that we get to do on Arrow, but with a bright and fun universe and show, filled with those kind of characters. That was our hope. And then, you cast the show and you work with these individuals, and the show becomes something else entirely because you try to respond to the stuff that’s coming in.

Candice, did you read any of the comics to find out about Iris West?

CANDICE PATTON: I wasn’t a Flash fan before. I was definitely a DC Batman fan. So, when I got the job, I definitely felt like I should do my homework. I went to my comic book store and grabbed a couple of comic books because I really wanted to understand why people love The Flash. But, I really relied on the scripts that we’re doing to inform me, as well.

How similar is this Iris West to the comics?

PATTON: She’s fairly similar. She’s a very brave, strong, inquisitive, curious girl. To play that on screen is a dream come true. For me to be a black woman playing this role, god almighty, someone is out there looking out for me. I can only thank [Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti], Geoff Johns and The CW for allowing me to be in this role, and give hope and inspiration to other young girls that look like me or who are marginalized. It’s a great place to be.

The dynamic between Iris and Barry is something that fans are very excited about, even though she’s taken, for the time being. What can we expect from their dynamic?

BERLANTI: We always describe them as When Harry Met Sally. They are best friends, and only one of them is aware of his feelings for her. She’s unaware. That kind of friendship is what’s so nice to see on the show. To open episodes with the two of them leaving the movies and doing those kinds of things, I think of the Albert Brooks relationship with Holly Hunter in Broadcast News. They call each other on the phone and finish each other’s sentences. That was always part of the inspiration for us, for that dynamic on the show.

Jesse, Detective West is the surrogate father of Barry Allen. What is that family dynamic like?

JESSE MARTIN: Obviously, I’m not his real dad, and there are plenty of times when Barry, as a little boy and as a grown man, will tell me that I’m not his dad. But I did all the stuff that dads have to do, in order for kids to make it to school and live a decent life, so I don’t care what he says. I’m his dad, especially when I need to be. I make sure that he’s safe. Of course, he’s The Flash now, so he gets in a lot of trouble, and I still have to be dad.

On Arrow, people didn’t really know his secret for awhile, but with The Flash, Barry’s surrogate father finds out. Is he even more protective of Barry and his daughter, Iris, because of that?

MARTIN: Yeah, of course! It’s not every day that you find out that your kid is the fastest man alive, not to mention that there’s a whole bunch of other people in this world, all of a sudden, who can do either really amazing things to help humanity, or do really horrible things to hurt humanity. The more I find out, the more I’m like, “Oh, my god, how am I gonna make it?! I’m gonna have a stroke before the show ends.” I worry. I worry about him. I worry about her. She loves him. That’s her best friend in the whole world. He loves her. He’s probably going to say something to her, and she’s going to find out. The next thing you know, she’s going to be in trouble. I don’t have any powers to help, other than being human. So, I have to be super human, in order to protect them and make sure that they’re okay. All I have is my wits, my body, a gun and a badge.

When you left Law & Order, did you think you’d ever put on a gun and badge again?

MARTIN: Nope, I never did. When I met Greg and Andrew in New York, when they were telling me about the show, I actually had an incident with a cop, on the way there. I said to myself, “What else can I do with a detective? What am I really going to be able to do?” And then, they started talking and telling me about the world of The Flash. Now, I’m not a comic book guy. I never was, growing up. I didn’t know anything about The Flash, other than that there were Underoos and I had them. And I knew that the guy could run really fast. That’s all I knew. To be honest, I still don’t know that much about The Flash because I don’t want Joe to know that much. I want Joe to see it when Joe sees it. So, Jesse sees it when Joe sees it, and when the audience sees it. So, when they told me about the things that I would get to do, I got excited. On Law & Order, I got to do some incredible things and work with some incredible people. Here, I have a family, I have a life, I have people to protect, I have people to love, and you get to see him love and protect these people, not to mention that you get to see him dealing with some extreme humans. I didn’t get to do that on Law & Order. Also, they were really jazzed about it and they made me really excited about it, too. I have a friend who’s super into comics, and when I told him what I was up for, he lost his mind. He was like, “If you don’t do this, I’ll kill you. You’d be crazy not to do this.” And he was right. I would have been totally crazy not to do this. I am super psyched that I did.

One of the major stories on the show is Barry Allen trying to figure out who killed his mother. What can you say about that storyline? Is it a series long thing, or will we start to get some answers in this first season?

KREISBERG: I think you’re going to get a lot of the answers in the first season. We tend to approach things season by season. One of the biggest things that I’ve learned working with Greg is that, if you have a great idea for Episode 10, do it in Episode 5. In within an episode itself, I’ll pitch him a story and say, “We’re building up to this great moment in Act 4,” and he’ll say, “Do it in the teaser.” People are always worried that we’ll burn through story, but we’ve always managed to come up with a new idea. We’ll be solving a lot of the mysteries that we set up in the pilot, and not making that a series-long mystery, but a season-long mystery. At the same time, we’ll set up new mysteries for a potential Season 2. There’s always more story there.

The final scene in the pilot with Harrison Wells hints towards some possibilities. Is that a newspaper he might go to often, to see what’s in store for the future?

KREISBERG: Yeah. If you’re a fan of the comic book, you obviously know that time travel is a big part of The Flash’s world. There’s obviously hints that Harrison Wells has access to the future. One of the things, especially going back to Crisis on Infinite Earths and some of our favorite time travel stories, like Back to the Future, time isn’t written, as they would say on Doctor Who. Things can change, and some things can’t. That’s one of the things that will get explored, over the course of the series. How much of our lives are already written, and how much of your destiny is up to you?

Harrison Wells is obviously keeping secrets. Will we start to uncover his motives sometime soon?

BERLANTI: You’ll learn a lot more about him. We don’t like to screw with people too much that are watching. It’s an onion that gets peeled, over the first seven or eight episodes. The other thing we like to do is have the characters ask the questions that we would ask, if we were watching the show. Certainly, Joe is an inquisitive character, and there’s a lot of great scenes between them, coming up.

Will Captain Cold be your big bad on The Flash?

KREISBERG: He’s not the big bad, but he’s certainly playing a pretty big role. Especially in the early part of the season, he’s Barry’s main nemesis. There is a very definitive big bad in Season 1 that will become apparent as you watch the show. How’s that for saying nothing?

You’ve already had some Easter eggs in the pilot. Will you continue to do that?

KREISBERG: Yeah, we always do that. One of the best decisions we made on the Arrow pilot was to have the Deathstroke mask. Within 30 seconds, you knew you were watching DC comics show. For Greg and I, and Marc Guggenheim, our partner, we love the Arrow comics and knew we were going to be exploring them. I always say that these shows have to work for both me and my wife. My wife could give a rip about comic books, but she loves Arrow and she loves The Flash, and she likes them because of the characters. When she sees the man in yellow, it means, “Oh, that’s the scary thing that killed Barry’s mom,” but it means something else to comic book fans. There will certainly be hints, as we go, but you can’t let the Easter eggs or the lore drive what you’re doing. It has to be about the characters and it has to be about their relationships. The DC comics part is the icing on the cake.

Are there any Easter eggs we might not have caught?

KREISBERG: There’s one thing they let us put in there. In the newspaper, it’s so small, but Geoff Johns said it was okay ‘cause the paper is from 10 years in the future, it says, “Queen Consolidated/Wayne Enterprises Merger Completed.” We figured that was the kind of thing where, once people saw it, they would freeze-frame it to look at the rest. As with both Arrow and The Flash, there are all these Easter eggs. Especially in upcoming episodes when The Flash is running through the streets, a lot of the times, the entire environment is digital. It’s not just The Flash, it’s the buildings and everything. It’s just all one big CG image, and the animators have had fun with that. There have been billboards that say, “Palmer Technologies,” which is Brandon Routh’s character on Arrow. And there’s Big Belly Burger, which is now a national chain that existed in Arrow. Part of the fun of reading a comic book is when you’re reading a Batman comic, and then you turn the page and Superman shows up. Both of these shows exist in the same world and they connect to each other. We had a lot of success on Arrow, referencing what was going to be happening in The Flash pilot. This year, simultaneously, they’re going back and forth with each other.

BERLANTI: Sometimes the guys who run the visual effects shop will bury it in and not tell us. We’ll be in the middle of the edit, watching it for the fifth or sixth time, and we’ll be like, “What’s that big W on that building? I don’t think we can do that. We haven’t asked DC.” And then, they take it out.

KREISBERG: There was actually a crazy big one where we looked at each other and were like, “We can’t do that! The feature people will hunt us down.” The Flash was running down the street and he literally ran past Luther Corp. They were all sitting there like, “Is it okay?,” and we were like, “No, you can’t do that!”

You have a love quadrangle across two shows, with Iris, Eddie, Barry and Felicity.

KREISBERG: And Oliver! It’s a love pentagram.

BERLANTI: Actually, it’s a seven-sided shape.

Will you be addressing that? Will there be cross-over, when it comes to love?

KREISBERG: Yes, Emily Rickards is actually going to appear in Episode 4 of The Flash. We’re all on Twitter. There are just as many people out there shipping Baricity. One of the great things in the dailies of that episode is when you actually see Felicity meet Iris. Before then, Iris was a notion, and you could see that Barry has this love for somebody. But when you see Candice on screen, you realize how he could not be fully into Felicity because you have somebody like Candice there. Because of that, it was really important to us to address that, right away. Given the way it’s portrayed on Arrow, and what an impact Grant had on Arrow, beyond just the two episodes he appeared in, and how Barry and Felicity and Oliver rippled throughout that whole season, if we had not addressed what was going on with Felicity, as soon as Barry woke up from his coma, we would have been remiss. So, those relationships continue, and there’s some amazing stuff that happens in that fourth episode.

PATTON: At the end of the day, Iris wants whatever is going to make Barry happy. I think she looks at somebody like Felicity and is like, “Duh! What’s going on?! How could you not?!” They’re both nerds. They’re so great for each other. It just works. Iris just genuinely wants what’s best for Barry. It doesn’t dawn on her that he would be in love with her, so she’s trying to set him up.

KREISBERG: That’s what’s so heartbreaking about it. She says, “This girl is perfect for you, and I just want you to be happy.” When you look at those dailies and you see the way Grant is looking at Candice, it’s heartbreaking.

PATTON: You’re always looking at the person you can’t have.

Did you intentionally set out to make this show so diverse and cast this color blind?

BERLANTI: We did intentionally set out to make sure the Wests were African American, and they hadn’t been in the comic book. You want to go to a place where you work every day, where you get to tell stories that look and feel like the audience in America that are watching. You’re really limited, if you walk into a room and you can just tell stories about that. So, we’ve been really blessed. That was definitely a goal of ours with this show. It’s been nice, with David Ramsey’s character, to see Diggle show up in the Arrow comics. Our hope is obviously the same with the Wests, and with other characters.

KREISBERG: And Cisco is from the comics. Carlos Valdes plays Cisco Ramon, who becomes the superhero Vibe. That was one of the reasons we made him one of what we call the Big Bang group at S.T.A.R. Labs.
How long did you work on putting this show together?

KREISBERG: That conversation I had with Greg was Christmas of 2012, so we were plotting this for a really long time. David Nutter, who directed the Arrow pilot and who is one of the best pilot directors ever, was brought into the process very early. He actually signed on without a script, which is something he doesn’t normally do, but he did because of our relationship. We also knew that, if we were going to pull this off, we needed the kind of planning that you have with a feature film. So, David came on relatively early. The actual production ended up being about 20 days, which is a lot for a pilot. Ironically, the amount of time we had for post was the amount of time any of us have. That part was a giant galactic nightmare, to do the kind of effects you’d see in a feature film, in a relatively short amount of time.

Time travel shows often take a lot of work. Did you set anything up in the pilot, that we might see come up again, in another time?

KREISBERG: Especially for the foreseeable future, what’s most important to us is what’s happening in the present. At least for the time being, talking about the past and the future is impacting what’s happening in the present day. I don’t think we’ll be making those kinds of trips right now.

Jesse and Candice, what do you like about your characters?

PATTON: One of my favorite lines that I’ve gotten to say as Iris is, “Excuse me, if you think that being curious is a character flaw,” and I love that about her. She’s unabashedly curious. To tell young girls that you can be curious, explore the world, and go out there and be brave is what I love about her. Every time I get a script and I read Iris, I’m constantly inspired and motivated to be a stronger, braver woman. She’s not the kind of girl that’s going to wait for someone to come in and save her. She’s constantly figuring out ways to save herself. I think that’s such a great message.

MARTIN: The thing I love most about what I’ve learned about Joe West, so far, is that he doesn’t see showing emotion as a weakness. He sees it as somebody who’s been strong for a really, really, really long time, and had to break. I love that. You get yourself trapped in the notion of being a cop, and you always have to be stern about things and not cry and hold yourself together, but that’s not Joe. He’s strong and he can hold himself together, but sometimes he breaks down a little bit. I like that.

http://collider.com/the-flash-tv-show-d ... -episodes/

- Berlanti habla sobre el llevar a "The Flash" a la pantalla y confirma el desarrollo de una serie de TV de 'Supergirl' (CBR):
Berlanti habla sobre el llevar a "The Flash" a la pantalla y confirma el desarrollo de una serie de TV de 'Supergirl'
por Scott Huver 09 de Septiembre, 2014

Berlanti, the executive producer of both "Arrow" and the new CW series starring the Scarlet Speedster, is almost as swift a multi-tasker as Barry Allen himself, bringing the highly anticipated new superhero drama to the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills to preview it for an audience of excited fans.

Along the way, he made a stop on the red-carpeted arrival line to give Comic Book Resources a one-on-one update about finding "The Flash's" legs now that the creative team has the first few episodes up and running. He also acknowledges the early buzz surrounding a potential "Supergirl" series he plans to have a hand in, as well as deciding Matt Nable is the right Ra's al Ghul for "Arrow" -- with all due respect to Liam Neeson.

Comic Book Resources: Tell us what you've discovered about the show from the process of making several episodes, as opposed to where you started with the pilot. What have been the fun discoveries along the way?

Greg Berlanti: The fun discovery is that I think, with any TV show, ultimately, it's about character, not about set pieces or events or powers. It really is about, "Are these interesting characters?" And that fusion, that thing doesn't happen until we start watching the dailies and the cuts and seeing what the actors are doing with the roles. Then that leads to a thousand other ideas.

Has Grant Gustin's portrayal affected how your team writes Barry Allen and Flash? What has he brought to the role?

I think that we're not afraid to write really emotional, smart, intelligent, fun, funny [material] -- I mean, the scenes can go to all these places, because he has such a broad talent, and he's one of those actors you don't really give acting notes. You just get these scenes back, and they're always great. All our actors are like that on this one. It's weird. They're however many thousands of miles away, and we get these scenes back, and they're better than we imagined in our mind.

Tell me, maybe even using "Arrow" as a point of comparison, how is the balance of the individual episodes and the overarching stories going to play out in general? Is it going to be sort of standalone for a bit, as the long-play plotlines kick in?

I think always both. But yeah, you need the raison d'etre of the episode, and you're broadening out the characters while you're doing that, you're broadening out the storylines while you're doing that. You're sort of watching where the stories kind of feel like they're going, what's been more successful than other things, what's intriguing to you, how fast can we move story through it. You're always learning a lot at the beginning of a show.

For the Rogues, now that you have some faces to attach to those characters, are you're discovering what you're take's going to be?

The thing I can say story-wise about it is, you know, they're not the Rogues as we know them, any more than Barry's yet the Flash as we know the Flash.

You know, there's always an evolution, so we'll be evolving their characters. And they're the first, in a lot of ways, villains outside of the Flash, outside of our main characters, where we really break away and get into their lives and that kind of thing. And Wentworth [Miller] is brilliant in the role [of Captain Cold]. I can't wait for people to see his delivery and who he is. I really think he has the essence of that guy.

Can you say anything at this point about the Supergirl TV rumors that we heard this week?

I'm not allowed. Yeah, we're just starting to work on it. We haven't gone to the networks yet, so. I'll be happy, very excited to talk about it once we know where its home will be and that kind of stuff, but not at this moment.

Overall, how many of these shows would you love to have at least some kind of creative hand in, translating the DC characters to television? Do you think you could handle maybe four or five shows on the air, at any given point?

Well, I don't know. You know, the networks have certain needs and the studio has certain needs and I just try and kind of follow one character at a time, and I'm always, with all of them, to be quite honest, working with other great partners, so I don't really feel like and never been or pretended to be the kind of showrunner that's just off doing it all on my own. It's more about how sometimes you're intimately involved in the break of a series of episodes. Or, at other times, it's more I'm kind of like an uncle who's just watching over other people. I'm always going to be excited to be involved in this kind of stuff in any way I can be, whether it's TV or movies. Again, hopefully those things see the light of day.

Your Ra's al Ghul casting for "Arrow" -- tell us about that, how you landed on Matt Nable.

Performance, performance, performance. You know, I think we have a great history that we enjoy with the show, and when you have a character like that, the character is the name [value]. We just look for who feels the best for what we imagine in our head, and we knew we wanted someone who felt very different than Slade Wilson felt, because that was sort of a two-year build up. We had a whole different kind of vibe that we wanted, and Matt Nable is that. I can't wait for people to see him do it.

I know everything exists in separate universes as far as TV DC and film DC worlds go, but did you hear that Liam Neeson was like, "I'd consider doing it if they called me."

I heard it! You know, I think he's very gracious to make that comment, but we were really blessed to find our Ra's al Ghul.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=55399

- Entrevista de Rick Cosnett en el número de Septiembre de "Bello Magazine":

http://issuu.com/outnext/docs/bello62?e=1159494/9163914

- Andrew Kreisberg corre entre la TV y los Cómics (CBR):
Andrew Kreisberg corre entre la TV y los Cómics
Por Scott Huver, 11 Septiembre, 2014

With a superheroic slate of projects in both the TV and comic book worlds, writer/producer Andrew Kreisberg may be becoming as swift a multitasker as Barry Allen.

Coming off of his success as executive producer on The CW's highly regarded "Arrow" and segueing into a similar role on the network's just-about-to-launch spinoff series "The Flash," Kreisberg's facility for bringing fresh life to some of DC Comics' most enduring superheroes has also extended to the comic book realm itself, with stints on titles including "Green Arrow & Black Canary," "Justice League of America's Vibe" and "Batman Confidential."

Kreisberg's next projects will be both on the page and in pixels: he teams with "The Flash' staff writers Brooke Eikmeier & Katherine Walczak and artist Phil Hester for "The Flash: Season Zero," a digital-debuting series that bows in print on Oct. 1, and he collaborates with writer Ben Sokolowski and artist Daniel Sampere on the monthly "Green Arrow" title beginning with issue #35, also on sale October 1.

During an exclusive chat with Comic Book Resources during a presentation of "The Flash" pilot at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills, Kreisberg unveiled his plans for both titles and threw in some thoughts about the Flash's ever-growing television rogues gallery.

CBR News: Before we talk about "The Flash" TV show, tell me about the Flash comic book you're working on.

Andrew Kreisberg: It's called "The Flash: Season Zero" it's definitely tied into the show -- hopefully it'll feel canonical, and at least in these early issues it's really sort of like events that happen between the pilot and the second episode. So there'll be fighting metahumans, but what's fun about it is one of the early stories was actually something that was tossed out in the room by two of our writers, Brooke Eikmeier and Katherine Walczak, and it was something we knew we could never pull off on TV, despite all the amazing things that we do pull off, so the opportunity to do it a comic just made a lot more sense.

What's the thrill of being able to do a comic book while also working in Hollywood?

I started reading comics, so we wouldn't be standing here having this conversation if it weren't for comics, so the notion that you've left that behind and you've taken it and the alchemy to me is sort of wrong. They should always be furling each other, and it's part of the reason one of the "Arrow" writers and I have taken over the "Green Arrow" comic at DC: to bring some of what we've learned on the TV show and mix it with the comic book. As much success as I've had, the thrill of walking into Golden Apple or Meltdown or Hi-De-Ho and seeing my name on a comic, it's just -- I can't explain it to my wife [Laughs] but it's still just so cool.

Coming into the "Green Arrow" comic and seeing that even before that they started to incorporate a lot of elements that were derived from the TV show or were in the spirit of the TV show, taking that and now you get to take that and run with it -- what's been fun about seeing your TV creations integrate into the comic book and to be able to go and do more with that yourself?

It's fun because in a way it's sort of like its own crossover episode: you always like those episodes of "Star Trek" where the "Next Generation" group got together with the "DS9" group, and to have scenes that have Felicity and have Dig but also has Naomi and Fyfe and Emiko -- the TV characters and the comic book characters and they're all existing in their own way. It's just fun. It feels like an all-star comic. And what's also fun about it is that we also have Oliver in the comic book getting to interact with Bruce Wayne and with some of the other big DC Comics characters that we obviously could never do on the TV show. Watching Felicity get to be in a scene with Lex Luthor -- that's fun for us!

Anything specific about the plot or the villains you're using that you want to tease?

We have a brand new villain that we're introducing -- The King, to Oliver's Queen. And we're really excited about that. We think that we have a really good story and I think we're really excited for people who watch the TV show who've never read the comic to check out the comic, and then people who read the comic and for whatever reason haven't caught on to the show -- we love the idea of cross-pollination. And the Felicity that's in the comic isn't quite the Felicity that's in the TV show -- we were very clear in the beginning that we did not want to do an adaptation of the TV show. We wanted to do this new "Green Arrow" comic book that had an echo of the TV show, so it feels current and of its time.

For "The Flash" TV show, tell me about the rogues. Now that you've found actors to fit your vision of these characters, tick through some of them and give us a sense of what got you excited about them and the actors you've cast.

The hardest thing is that some of these characters have been around since the '50s and '60s, and they could very easily head into camp. And when you hire people like Wentworth Miller [as Captain Cold] and Dominic Purcell [as Heat Wave] and Rob Knepper [as Clock King], some of these outlandish comic book characters become very grounded and very scary and very real. I mean, with Wentworth, no pun intended, he's just so cool -- he's so cool, like Clint Eastwood. He's like an Old West gunslinger, and that's sort of how we portray him. You're only as good as your villain, and especially in movies, some of the Batman movies have had some of the greatest actors: Heath Ledger and Liam Neeson and Tom Hardy playing these villains and they really feel like threats. And sometimes on TV it's harder to make that happen, and we've been so blessed on "Arrow" with John Barrowman and Manu Bennett, and on "Flash" on Episode Four we've got Wentworth Miller, and in Episode Five we have Clancy Brown [as General Wade Eiling]. So we just feel so blessed that we've been able to attract the kind of talent we have, because in addition to the visual effects, if you don't have these amazing actors it's just a cartoon.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=55428

- ¿Podrían más actores clásicos de Flash llegar a la nueva serie? (Ksitetv):
¿Podrían más actores clásicos de Flash llegar a la nueva serie?
Por Craig Byrne in Interviews, 11 Septiembre, 2014

Twenty-four years ago, CBS premiered a TV series about a guy named Barry Allen who could run very fast and wore a red costume to fight crime as a hero called The Flash. The series starred a young actor named John Wesley Shipp.

Now, in 2014, Shipp is still young, and The CW is premiering their own take on The Flash, a character who can run very fast and wears a red costume to fight crime. This time around, John Wesley Shipp plays Barry Allen’s father, Henry.

At a recent PaleyFest Fall Preview event in Beverly Hills, we caught up with new Flash Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg and asked him about the possibility of more actors from the original Flash – such as Amanda Pays or Alex Desert – showing up on the new series.

“We want to bring on everybody from the original show,” Kreisberg said. “For us, that show was a triumphant success, and we loved it as teenagers, and to get to do this now is just beyond our wildest dreams.”

“When we first sat down, one of our first ideas was that we had to have John Wesley Shipp on the show. Greg [Berlanti] had work with him on Dawson’s Creek; he played Dawson’s dad,” Andrew admitted. Getting Shipp on the show also meant the actor finally got some long-deserved recognition for the show, as things like Comic-Con weren’t as big for media outside of comics back in 1990. “To be able to take John, and bring him to Comic-Con, and really give him great stuff to play, and then hopefully to drive people to look at the old show… we’re really excited about that,” Kreisberg said.

http://flashtvnews.com/could-more-class ... -new-show/

- Candice Patton sice que la Iris West de "The Flash" no es una damisela en Apuros (CBR):
Candice Patton sice que la Iris West de "The Flash" no es una damisela en Apuros
Por Scott Huver, 11 Septiembre, 2014
[/b][/color]

Iris West may not have super-speed like the Flash, but actress Candice Patton says that won't keep her character from racing straight into the action.

During a presentation of the pilot for "The Flash" at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills, Patton told CBR News exclusively that the TV incarnation of Iris will by no means be in need of constant rescue from her costumed ally.

As a crusading blogger, Patton says, Iris will be doing her part to unravel the mysteries behind the rise of dangerous metahuman criminals in Central City -- and the actress will be carefully navigating the delicate relationship between Iris and her longtime best friend Barry Allen (Grant Gustin).

CBR News: Now that the show is really underway, tell me about building that will they/won't they rapport between Iris and Barry with Grant as your scene partner -- striking sparks but not going too far too soon.

Candice Patton: It's definitely a fine balance, and we're playing with it in every episode. And what we really want is to establish the long-term relationship that has been there with Barry and Iris, which is that they're kind of brother and sister and they're best friends before any kind of romantic thing could occur, right? So we really just want the family bond to be there, and I think you see that in every episode.

And how about building a relationship with your TV dad, Jesse L. Martin?

Yeah, it's great. The thing is our cast, really and honestly, we hang out with each other when we're not working, so it makes it that much easier to go to set and play those family relationships. With Jesse, it's easy. It's so easy.

We know the old fashioned type of hero's girlfriend -- tell me how Iris is not the damsel in distress, especially as she's been evolving in the first several episodes.

Yeah -- what I'm really learning and loving about Iris is she's super-smart, she's super-curious and she's very brave. And those are things that I love in women, and those are things that I strive to be myself, so it's really fun to play that with Iris. Our writers are striving for that with every episode with her, that she's not stupid and she's not naïve -- she's the opposite of all of those things.

So you get your share of the action? Not just romantic subplots, but you're front and center in the action storylines as well?

Yeah, that's the thing about Iris -- she's super-curious, right? So she's always on her blog and she's always connecting with other people in the city to find out who these meta-humans are and who "the streak" is, so she's constantly willing to put herself in danger. She causes conflict with Barry and her father, but, you know, when a woman wants something... [Laughs]

And what's been fun about playing scenes with your perfect TV boyfriend Eddie Thawne?

Aw, he's so great! Rick Cosnett, he's great and he's killing it, and I think there'll be more and more for him. I'm excited to see that.

And he might not really be Mr. Perfect, based on his last name. Have you looked into that aspect of the character's background?

I really like being surprised! I like reading every episode and figuring it out with everyone else. So we'll see!

"The Flash" debuts October 7 on The CW.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=55458

- Andrew Kreisberg sobre los Crossovers con Arrow y las influencias de los cómics (Ksitetv):
Andrew Kreisberg sobre los Crossovers con Arrow y las influencias de los cómics
Por Craig Byrne 12 Septiembre, 2014

Yesterday, we posted some words with Flash Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg about the possibility of more actors from the classic Flash TV series appearing on the new show, from our interview at the PaleyFest Fall Preview that was held last weekend. Today, we cover some more topics from that evening.

For starters, what’s up with crossovers between The Flash and Arrow, the show that spun it off?

“Since Barry started on Arrow, it would be foolish to ignore it,” Kreisberg says about crossover potential. “We’re hoping that fans of Arrow are coming to watch The Flash. There are crossovers as big as Episode 108… both episode 8′s of the show this year are going to be a two-hour crossover event. But then there are little crossovers, whether we have an Arrow villain coming into a Flash episode, or Felicity coming, or the mentions of STAR Labs on Arrow… we’ll see the Big Belly Burger exists in Central City as well; that they’re a national chain in the DC Universe. That stuff is fun for us. Obviously it shouldn’t be what’s driving the engine, but if you are watching both shows, I think there’s going to be so much for you to enjoy,” he explains.

Has the Flash comic book influenced the series at all?

“It’s influencing it a lot,” Kreisberg says, citing a particular example. “The biggest book is probably [Flash:] Rebirth, which Geoff Johns wrote, and he’s one of the creators of this show. Before Geoff took on the book, [Barry] had a much simpler background, without nearly so much pathos. Geoff really infused the book with that. I remember when we were shooting the pilot, and the scene where Barry’s mother was killed, Geoff actually got a little misty standing there. He’s going to kill me for saying this, but he was just like ‘I can’t believe we’re actually filming this, and it’s come to life.’ So there’s a lot of the comic books in this. Probably even moreso than Arrow. I think that Flash has a much richer and deeper comic history than Arrow does, and with that, there is a lot more alchemy, as it were,” he says.

Wait… did he say Alchemy? As in Dr. Alchemy?

“That was not a Dr. Alchemy hint!” he says when asked if that was intentional. “But I always say, especially with these things, it can’t just be a live-action comic book adaptation. Something has to happen – there does need to be a level of alchemy, and I think that the best comic book adaptations have had that mixture of taking the source material, and then reworking it, and pulling out the good stuff, and what works and what doesn’t work, and hopefully we’ve done the same with Flash,” Kreisberg says.

http://flashtvnews.com/flash-andrew-kre ... nfluences/

- Candice Patton habla sobre la curiosidad de Iris West y su encuentro con Felicity (ksitetv):
Candice Patton habla sobre la curiosidad de Iris West y su encuentro con Felicity
Por Craig Byrne 15 septiembre, 2014

When we spoke with Candice Patton (Iris West) at Comic-Con and the recent TV press tour, only a few episodes of The Flash had been shot… but since then, production has gone through more episodes, including the series’ fourth, which features a mini-Arrow crossover as the character of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) visits town.

How does that go down, and how do Iris and Felicity get along?

We got some answers from Candice at the recent PaleyFest Fall Preview for The Flash.

“I think it’s great. I think that she knows how much Barry is friends with Felicity, and I think she wants whatever is best for Barry,” Candice tells us, before sharing an added bonus of working with the actress who brings Felicity to life. “It was awesome to work with her. She’s a friend of mine, so it was great to have her on our set.”

Candice also spoke with us a bit about being in the dark about Barry Allen’s secret… and in the process, reveals something else that her character, who is a journalist in the original comic books, will be doing in the show.

“The thing about Iris is, she’s super curious and she’s super smart, and it doesn’t take a lot for her to figure out that things are off. So when we pick up with the show, you’ll see that she’s constantly trying to figure out what is going on in Central City, who the streak is, who these metahumans are, and she’s blogging about it,” she says.

http://flashtvnews.com/interview-candic ... -felicity/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "The Flash" - The Explosion Interview (The CW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aotcD718rnM

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes BTS (08-10 Sept 2014):

Imagen Imagen

(@greg_finley: It's goin down today on #theflash girdervsflash @grantgust cwtheflash
@grantgust: Shooting on a roof)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash: "Excitement Interview" (The CW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkPGCF_UqDc

- The Flash: "Rebirth Interview" (The CW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dllHwelPokM

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas stills del 1.01:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash - Grant Gustin Interview (The CW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RchFD4s0f4

- "The Flash" de la CW se hace con la actriz Amanda Pays para que interprete de nuevo su papel de la serie original (Variety):
Imagen
la serie “The Flash” de la CW trae de vuelta a la actriz Amanda Pays para que interprete a la 'Dra. Tina McGee', el papel que ya interpretó en la original serie televisiva del superhéroe.

Pays se une a John Wesley Shipp, quien interpretó al protagonista Barry Allen/The Flash en la primera versión y que ahora interpreta al padre del personaje en el reboot. Pays interpretará de nuevo a la brillante genetista — aunque esta vez trabaja para una firma tecnológica rival de S.T.A.R. Labs, la compañía que ha despertado el interés por la necesidad de velocidad de Barry Allen.

“Cuando decidimos traer a Tina a nuestra version de ‘The Flash,’ ¿qué mejor que conseguir a la increíble actriz que originó el papel?” dice el productor ejecutivo Andrew Kreisberg. “Como con John Wesley Shipp, estamos muy orgullosos y emocionados de tener otro actor de la serie original uniéndose a nosotros en nuestras nuevas aventuras de Barry Allen.”

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/flash-a ... 201306102/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "The Flash" TVGuide Fall Preview 2014 (Pt.2):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXGUhA3HACo

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- HQ Cast Promo pics:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash "Man Who Lost Everything Interview" (The CW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HVhZXng89c

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills adicionales del 1.01 "Pilot":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Nuevo Logo Oficial para "The Flash":

Imagen

- Nueva imagen BTS (16-09-14):

Imagen

(@FLASHtvwriters: On set of #TheFlash even the dollies are pimped out!)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Imagen BTS del elenco de "Arrow" y "The Flash" durante la preparación para el próximo crossover de las series (17-09-14):

Imagen

(@amellywood: We crossed the streams. #Flash #Arrow #ImWearingTheArrowPants)

- Video BTS con Grant Gustin y Carlos Valdes (17-09-14):

http://i.instagram.com/p/tEmvqiR-ub/

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”