Foro dedicado a Erica Durance que interpreta a Lois Lane

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, porre, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "SAVING HOPE"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 5.16 “La Famiglia”:
5.16 “La Famiglia” (20/07/17): La Dra. Alex Reid (Erica Durance) tiene que dejar de lado su preocupación por el recién desempleado Dr. Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks) cuando surge la oportunidad de realizar una revolucionaria operación de cáncer. Alex, junto con la Dra. Dawn Bell (Michelle Nolden), la Dra. Cassie Williams (Kim Shaw), y la Dra. Dana Kinney (Wendy Crewson) hacen equipo para la cirugía, y se ven sorprendidas por ser lideradas por el Dr. Jeremy Bishop (Peter Mooney, ROOKIE BLUE), quien regresa al Hope Zion Hospital. Mientras que están realizando la radical y controvertida operación, Charlie intenta ayudar al angustiado espíritu del paciente. Cassie es inesperadamente llamada por su antiguo paciente Jake Bugle (James Preston Rogers, REIGN), quien parece tener una idea muy diferente de la naturaleza de su relación.

https://theworldgoespop.com/2017/07/18/ ... -famiglia/

- Stills del 5.16 “La Famiglia”:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Promo del 5.16 “La Famiglia”:

https://twitter.com/SavingHopeTV/status ... 8512358401

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 5.17 “First and Last”:
5.17 “First and Last” (27/07/17): La Dra. Alex Reid (Erica Durance) y el Dr. Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks) deben de dejar de lado sus propios planes de boda mientras que visitan una capilla, después de que la novia se caiga por las escaleras y tengan que trabajar en salvar su vida. Cuando un paciente venido a menos llega con un fallo en el hígado como consecuencia de una vida de bebedor a pesar de intentar cambiar su vida, el Dr. Zach Miller (Benjamin Ayres) toma un especial interés en el caso e intenta conseguirle un transplante, con el Dr. Jackson Wade (Joseph Pierre) ofreciendo ayudarle. El Dr. Shahir Hamza (Huse Madhavji) y la Dra. Dana Kinney (Wendy Crewson) se enfrentan a un paciente en coma que se despierta sin recuerdos de los últimos 20 años de su vida.

https://theworldgoespop.com/2017/07/25/ ... -and-last/

- Stills del 5.17 “First and Last”:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Saving Hope | 5.17 “First and Last” Promo:

https://twitter.com/SavingHopeTV/status ... 0977870848

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The cast of #SavingHope have one final message for their dedicated fans:

https://twitter.com/CTV_PR/status/891012625055744004
https://twitter.com/SavingHopeTV/status ... 0664189953

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 5.18 “Hope Never Dies” (series finale):
5.18 “Hope Never Dies” (03/08/17): En el impactante final de la serie de SAVING HOPE, tras un accidente con muchos heridos que involucra a un autobús lleno de adolescentes, la Dra. Alex Reid (Erica Durance) y el Dr. Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks) corren a la escena para intentar salvar a los chicos mientras que esperan que lleguen refuerzos. La familia del Hope Zion Hospital debe de hacer piña para superar la tragedia, y seguir adelante hacia el nuevo capítulo de sus vidas.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/07/saving ... -dies.html?

- Stills del 5.18 “Hope Never Dies”:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Saving Hope | 5.18 “Hope Never Dies” Promo:

https://twitter.com/SavingHopeTV/status ... 9409818624

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Co-productor ejecutivo de "Saving Hope" adelanta el final de la serie (tv-eh):
Co-productor ejecutivo de "Saving Hope" adelanta el final de la serie
Greg David - 02 Agosto, 2017

When you have a chance to talk to one of Saving Hope‘s writer-co-executive producers, you take it. I ran into Patrick Tarr earlier this week in North Bay, Ont., where he is doing pre-production work as the showrunner on Season 3 of Cardinal. Tarr, who has written for Showcase’s King and CBC’s Cracked and the Murdoch Mysteries web series The Curse of the Lost Pharaohs, penned several instalments of Saving Hope, including last week’s “First and Last.”

Now, with the finale “Hope Never Dies” just two days away, we asked Tarr to tease his thoughts on Charlie and Alex’s final storyline.

“I don’t think that there is another ending that is true to what the show is about,” Tarr says. “I asked Adam [Pettle, Saving Hope‘s showrunner], when we were breaking the final episode and we had the idea we did: ‘What is Saving Hope about?’ This is what we’ve been doing for five seasons.”

Tarr acknowledges that, after a handful of seasons, fans are definitely going to have strong feelings if anything untoward were to happen to any of the key characters they’ve fallen in love with. To have something other than a happy ending for Charlie, Alex, Zack, Shahir, Dawn, Dana or Jackson would be incredibly upsetting. That said, Saving Hope is about life, death and everything in between. And, as the writers have proven over the show’s run, no one is safe from injury.

Tarr joined Saving Hope in Season 3 and has been involved in the last 54 episodes and exits with fond memories.

“I’ve been lucky to come on board a successful show that works really well and has great characters and directors,” he says. And now it’s coming to an end this week.

Saving Hope‘s series finale airs Thursday at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV.

http://www.tv-eh.com/2017/08/02/saving- ... es-finale/

- Wendy Crewson de "Saving Hope" echa una mirada atrás a su tiempo como 'Dana' (thetvjunkies):
Wendy Crewson de "Saving Hope" echa una mirada atrás a su tiempo como 'Dana'
Por Christy Spratlin | 02 Agosto 2017

Through all five season of Saving Hope Dr. Dana Kinney (Wendy Crewson) has always been a standout character in our eyes. She’s always stood her ground and done things her own way, but she’s never been afraid to try something new or even ask for help when she’s needed it. Watching her battle cancer, courageously maintain a relationship with her daughter and continue working at Hope Zion through it all never failed to impress us. All that combined with Crewson’s impeccable portrayal had us hoping for more and more Dana when we tuned in every week.

As Saving Hope nears its end this week we thought it was the perfect time to catch up with Crewson and discuss her run as Dr. Dana Kinney over the past five seasons. Read on to hear about some of her favorite storylines and the challenges that women of a certain age face in TV today.

The TV Junkies: Congratulations on five amazing seasons of Saving Hope. It really has been a great run and I hope that you guys are all proud on what you’ve accomplished.

Wendy Crewson: Oh, thank you. Yeah, it was really something and we miss each other terribly.

TTVJ: I’ve always been impressed with how strong they wrote all the women on Saving Hope. They are all really stand out characters. Is that something that you look for in a role?

WC: Yeah, I certainly sort of look for the three dimensional strong female leads. Ilana Frank, our producer, has always been really great that way. She always writes with women in mind and certainly when I first started on Saving Hope our showrunner was Morwyn Brebner and she’s a terrific writer. She was really focused on making sure that the female roles were strong and believable. And it wasn’t just the women on the writing staff, the men as well, Adam Pettle and Aaron Martin, just to name a few, that were just terrific writers that could really speak with a strong female voice.

TTVJ: Dana has had some pretty big storylines over the years. What have been some of your favorites and why?

WC: I really loved, oddly enough, the cancer storyline that I had. Battling that illness as a physician herself was really interesting. I think she’s always been a very confident doctor and I think it really humbled her and changed her. And of course that’s something that you really look for in a character line is something that gives you an arc to play and see the change that a character goes through.

I loved the episode with Tom McManus where I met him during my cancer treatment. We got to see a little of her personal life outside of being a mother or a doctor or as a friend of Alex. I really liked the idea of being able to develop Dana’s personal life and the idea, which I think is rare in TV land, which is a woman of a certain age has relationships. They don’t often go to that place on TV and seem to just assume that at 45 you’ve turned it all off and are living in a single bed in a monestary. But I know as a woman of that age that of course that is not the case. That relationships become richer and deeper and intimacies become fuller and I think that’s an interesting place to explore. So I was really happy to see them do that on Saving Hope.

TTVJ: I agree, I think that that storyline was one of my favorites for her as well. I also loved how they had her facing that challenge on her own and showed how important the other relationships in her life became.

WC: Yes, I do too. And sort of how precious things became after a diagnosis like that and after surviving it. And truthfully, as we were going through this script and I could see her declining treatment and everything and I thought, oh, we’re saying goodbye to Dana.

TTVJ: Yes, I thought the same thing.

WC: Well, I will tell you that I went in and lobbied for Dana’s life. I said –- you know, I realize that you feel that this would be a great midseason finale to get rid of one of the main characters, but Dana is the one that you should not get rid of because where do we see women this age on television? Nowhere. And you can’t think that it’s an easy thing and that it would be far more surprising or shocking to lose a younger character in the show rather than someone you’re expecting. And I thought that if we can cure a brain tumor in a day we sure as hell can beat this cancer. So it was a real lobby for my character’s existence. And of course I wanted to be on the show and I wanted to stay on the show but I also just thought it was important thing story wise that we didn’t take the easy way out there.

TTVJ: Female friendships have been a big thing on Saving Hope over the years. First between Dana and Alex and then between Dana and Cassie. Why do you think that those friendships went over so well on the show?

WC: I know that is what they kind of hoped to happen when they wrote those characters but the truth is that kind of chemistry really happens between actors or it doesn’t. Even though there’s always the famous stories where people hated each other and it’s still great on screen, but often I find with friendships especially, rather than with romantic relationships, finding that kind of spark and humor and empathy and casualness that happens between friends is something that happens between the actors themselves. So I know I certainly had that experience with Erica [Durance]. I adore Erica and I really think that the writers wrote to that. And then with [Kim Shaw as] Cassie it was the same thing. We developed a real affectionate rapport. I found her hysterically funny. I think she’s a fantastic comedic actress and if I was a producer I’d have her in a show for sure. She’s really skilled and I so enjoyed working with her. I got such a kick out of her that it began to show in the scenes we were doing. And I think that they let that develop and they wrote to that and I was really grateful that they did.

That also is a thing that we don’t often see on television, those really strong and true female relationships that choose to support and love each other rather than compete.

TTVJ: I completely agree, I think that is one thing that is really missing on TV. As women we know those friendships are one of the most important things in your life and they just don’t show it enough on TV.

WC: Yes, exactly, and I believe that some of that is playing into the trope of cat fights. You know, people love to see women screaming at each other and, truthfully, that can happen, but I think that generally in our lives our girlfriends are the ones that we can depend on and cry on their shoulders and get crazy with on a Friday night. So yeah, I really loved being a part of those storylines.

TTVJ: What can you tell me about The Detail that you’re filming right now?

WC: We are just wrapping today, actually. One of my favorite things about it is that it is a female led strong ensemble. So three women and I’m the boss. There are two women that work for me and it just shows how these real women warriors get out there get things done. It shows the most horrendous things that happen in society. Really, they see the worst of the worst. They all love their job, love what they do, are driven to do their best and then it shows all their trials and tribulations at home as well. How they deal with big home lives and work. Which is really most women’s story, how we deal with our jobs and big home lives. And I think that people are really going to like it.

http://www.thetvjunkies.com/saving-hope ... interview/?

- Michelle Nolden de "Saving Hope" sobre el final feliz de 'Dawn' y un final que ‘cierra el círculo’ (thetvjunkies):
Michelle Nolden de "Saving Hope" sobre el final feliz de 'Dawn' y un final que ‘cierra el círculo’
Por Christy Spratlin | 03 Agosto, 2017

Over the past five season seasons of Saving Hope Dr. Dawn Bell (Michelle Nolden) quickly grew into one of our favorite characters. Like everyone else we started out hating her, she wanted to kill Charlie after all, but her wit and her say-it-like-it-is attitude quickly won us over. We stood by her side as she took the reigns at the hospital and showed all those other doctors how things should be done, felt her pain when she discovered that she wasn’t able to have children, and watched in horror and amazement as she valiantly fought her way out of an abusive relationship.

Nolden’s portrayal of Dawn was always spot on and we couldn’t imagine another actor attempting to take on that role. We were lucky enough to chat with Nolden and reflect on the past five seasons. Read on to see some of her favorite things about the role, why she was happy to see Dawn get her happy ending and what we can all expect to see in tonight’s gripping series finale.

The TV Junkies: Congratulations on five great seasons of Saving Hope. You guys have had a great run and we’re really sad to see it come to an end.

Michelle Nolden: Oh, yes, thank you, you and me both.

TTVJ: After I stopped hating Dawn in Season 1 she quickly became one of my favorite characters. What were some of your favorite things about her?

MN: I think that was probably my most favorite, was being able to turn people around. When I started playing her I didn’t think of her as this evil woman, more as just this misunderstood one, so it was really fun to kind of swing the pendulum the other way and have people come around to love her. That was probably the most fulfilling part of it.

TTVJ: The women on Saving Hope have always been so well written. What do you think it was that made them all so great?

MN: I think it was a combination of many things. I think within the production itself there’s so many smart, amazing, brilliant women right from producers to writers to crew that it was just the expectation a little bit. So I think it just kind of became a natural thing to write these amazing women. And that’s not taking away from how the writers did it because I think there was really talented writers that were able to give them strength and wit but also be able to create really believable relationships among the women and veer away from the cattiness and all of that. And then I think I feel so privileged to have worked with such amazing female actors that then brought it to such an amazing level.

TTVJ: What were some of your favorite storylines to play over the years?

MN: You know, every season I felt like I had something really great to play, which makes me feel great for the opportunity for Dawn, particularly on an ensemble show you don’t always get that. I really loved the first season and also the whole rape storyline. While it was really difficult to play it was really fulfilling as an actor because it allowed us to go to a really interesting and deep place where you had to trust the other actors. And the surgeries, I loved the surgeries. I was just amazed with everything that we got to do with them, especially when we had the real doctors come in and tell us how to do things, I just loved doing those surgeries. And then of course Dawn finding love in the end was also really great. It felt like it gave her this beautiful arc over the five seasons so I was really happy with that.

TTVJ: The Zach (Benjamin Ayres) and Dawn relationship was one of my favorites of the entire series. It wasn’t one you would have predicted in the beginning, but when they did come together they really couldn’t have been more perfect for each other. How did you feel about how their storylines played out over the years and in the end?

MN: I don’t think that was part of what made it so great. I don’t think that anyone thought of it at the very beginning but as they watched the natural progression of the characters they started to plant the seeds a little bit and it ended up just feeling very natural for the two of them to get together. So I think that is sort of why it worked, it ended up being more of an organic thing. And I really like how it all ended, I feel like Dawn got her happy ending.

TTVJ: What can you preview for our readers about tonight’s series finale. What can they expect to see?

MN: Tears, that is for sure. So I say definitely bring some Kleenex. And I think they can expect to see the spirit of the show maintained and the questions that the pilot presented 5 years ago, those things will come full circle. I think that is one of those things that makes this finale so special. It really feels cohesive of the show as a whole. It kind of wraps things up in a real but beautiful way.

TTVJ: Were you happy with how it all ended both for your character and for the entire show?

MN: I was. I mean, I’m not happy that it’s done, but if it has to be done then I think that this was a great ending. Especially for the ghost aspect of the show, that was a major premise of the show. I think that was something that I have realized in the last little while is how much when you need answers in these life and death situations where you wish there was someone that could bring some clarity into the situations. And I think that was one of the many things that really hit audience or one of the things that they really connected with so I think that it’s nice that they managed to tie that all up.

TTVJ: Are you working on anything else right now or have any future projects in the works?

MN: There’s a few things in the offing, but nothing I can talk about quite yet. I’ve been focusing a little bit more on writing and directing so I’ve been doing some shadowing and just trying to learn whatever I can. It’s been a bit of a new chapter and I’m excited to see where that might go. We need more female directors in this country, so that would be a place that I would love to go to some day. I’m sort of starting the process of seeing whether that’s something that I may be good at.

http://www.thetvjunkies.com/saving-hope ... en-finale/?

- Michael Shanks de "Saving Hope" habla sobre cinco temporadas y el luchar por ese final perfecto (thetvjunkies):
Michael Shanks de "Saving Hope" habla sobre cinco temporadas y el luchar por ese final perfecto
Por Christy Spratlin | 03 Agosto 2017

Michael Shanks’ character on Saving Hope, Dr. Charlie Harris, has always been the focus of the show. Not only was he one half of the its central love story, but he was also the one character that gave the show its supernatural edge. It was an edge that made Saving Hope unlik any other medical drama on TV. Sure, it had the cool medical cases and the good looking doctors messing around in the call rooms, but it was the only show out there that had one of those doctors talking to ghosts.

With all that being said, we here at The TV Junkies were a little surprised by how the writers decided to bring Saving Hope to an end. We definitely expected that happily ever after Charlie and Alex (Erica Durance) were always heading towards, but were pleasantly surprised by what we ended up seeing in this week’s series finale. Not only did they finally fully embrace the supernatural aspect of the show, but they wrapped up Charlie and Alex’s love story in one of the most meaningful ways possible.

We had the opportunity to chat with Shanks about working on Saving Hope over the past five seasons, embracing the ghost aspect of the show and fighting for what he felt was the right ending for the show.

The TV Junkies: Congratulations on five great seasons of Saving Hope. It really has been a great run.

Michael Shanks: Yeah, it is actually great for a Canadian show. We never expected it to go this long so we’re pretty proud. It’s been a lot of fun.

TTVJ: I have to say that this season, especially the last half, has been by far the best episodes that the show has ever put out. You guys have really gone out with a bang.

MS: Yeah, we tried some things in the second half that we were kind of forbidden from doing early on in the show, and I think it demonstrates that we probably would have had more gas in the tank if we had been allowed to explore it a little more deeply. But we at least got the opportunity to do what we did.

TTVJ: They really pushed Charlie this season and we really saw him struggle with what he’s been going through. Did you find these last few episodes more challenging to film?

MS: I think the one where he kind of loses his crap was obviously the most challenging, but also because I was directing the darn thing as well. I’ve said in the past that I don’t mind acting and directing at the same time, but what I found this time because the stuff was a lot more emotional, it was a little more difficult to flip the hat. I felt like as a director I dropped the ball a couple times because I was too much in my character’s head. It just seemed to be a little more challenging this time. It was a big script and it had a lot of storylines in it, so that was probably the most challenging.

TTVJ: What were some of your favorite things about filming Saving Hope? What are you going to remember most from this experience?

MS: Oh, there’s so many of them. We really did have a great cast and crew. And they always say that Ilana Frank that runs the show on Saving Hope put together a great group of people where her main motto was to make sure that everyone was having fun. And as much as some of the subject matter prevented us from having fun, the crew certainly embraced that aspect and it rubbed off on us. The cast, when you have someone like Erica, who is so humble and ego-less, and sets such a great working example in terms of working hard and being prepared in terms of all the things that actors should do but don’t always do. So those aspects of just the professionalism and fun of it all is what I’ll miss most. But we had a lot of yucks, some of which I could talk about and some that I definitely couldn’t. But every day I miss that group of people since we’ve been done.

TTVJ: I have to say when I booked this interview I was definitely not expecting that ending. Not in any way whatsoever. When you first started this show did you have any idea that that was how it would all end?

MS: Absolutely, and I’ll tell you why. The ending was actually up in the air and it was a debate. The network wanted us to have the more happy ending. They wanted it to end where they all lived happily ever after and walked off in to the sunset. But, oddly enough, it was Erica and myself and [executive producer, showrunner] Adam Pettle that pushed against that. Because I think that, to a large degree, the network never fully embraced the ghost aspect of the show in the way that we did. They kind of wanted it to end in a happily ever after romance story. But we were all like, ‘but what about the ghosts, dammit.’ How can you just end that without explaining it or doing the twists like we have every year? It would have felt very un-Saving Hope-like if we had just ended it, with no other explanation. So Erica, Adam and myself were almost campaigning for something different and that became the consensus, especially with Erica pregnant, that that was the way to go.

And that was the most poignant and effective way of wrapping things up with a happy ending, but not in the way that everyone thought. We always intended to seemingly end every season with what was supposed to be a happy ending, but the rug gets pulled out. We actually wanted to end it sad, but then happy again. We didn’t want to deny the audience a chance for some sort of closure or some sort of happily-ever-after, but we wanted to have a purpose to it. When we started the show we didn’t know where it was going and it was only this year when we knew we had to wrap it up that this debate started and I really think it was the right choice. I know that the audience is probably not going to agree because to have it end in some sort of tragedy is a tough get but that’s not the point. That end scene, which I was hoping would be a little more epic so I’m not entirely satisfied with it, but I think that it proved its point. If Saving Hope meant anything over the years it was about the possibility of the after and we wanted to extend that hope to our main characters. So basically if anyone wants to blame anyone for that ending blame me.

TTVJ: Alex and Charlie’s relationship has always been the main focus on Saving Hope, even when they weren’t together. Do you think that this storyline gave them justice in the end?

MS: I definitely think so. The thing that made the show what it was was the romance story from the very beginning and the audience never really knowing where that was going to land. I think that the ending makes that even more epic and more eternal. We wanted to make it that their love was actually stronger than just a wedding, that it was more eternal and that is why that point is made in the end. I think if they had just gotten them married and had them get in the limo and drive away the audience would have been like ‘oh no, not again.’ So I think it was more poignant to have it end with this version of heaven that we talk about so frequently. And it also concludes what all that big stuff was going through the series. It tied it all together.

TTVJ: I agree, I think it did go over well. I suspect there will be some questionable reactions from the audience, but overall I think it will go over well.

MS: The thing about it is that it’s well done, and that was my main concern. And Adam wrote a wonderful script in a short amount of time that sort of tied all those things together. It needed to be done well and I think that it was. It’s a beautiful story and a wonderful last episode that is on par with our best. It’s very heartbreaking, for obvious reasons, but there’s also some wonderful elements of satisfaction and, forgive me for using the word, but hope. And I think that seeing the future of the children and the future of the family will satisfy the audience as well.

TTVJ: Are you working on anything else right now or have any future projects that you can discuss?

MS: I took some time to get my heart back into things but I am just starting a movie next week, a Christmas movie for the Hallmark Channel.

http://www.thetvjunkies.com/saving-hope ... es-finale/?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes bts compartidas por el elenco/equipo por el final de la serie (03-08-17):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Lois Lane (Erica Durance)”