"BITTEN" (Serie TV)

Foro dedicado a Laura Vandervoort que interpreta a Kara.

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, porre, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "BITTEN" (Serie TV)

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 3.04 "A quiet dog":
3.04 "A quiet dog" (04/03/16): Jeremy intenta empezar una negociación para terminar la reyerta familiar entre Sasha y Roman. Mientras tanto, Elena vigila al prisionero de la Manada, quien intenta deducir por qué está ella protegiendo a Sasha.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/bitten ... t-dog.html?

- Stills del 3.04 "A quiet dog":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Bitten Backstage: Season 3, Episode 1 | Syfy:

- Bitten Backstage: Season 3, Episode 2 | Syfy:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- BITTEN 3.02 "Our own blood" Clip #1:

- BITTEN 3.02 "Our own blood" Clip #2:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.05 "Of Sonders Weight":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Descripción oficial del 3.05 "Of Sonders Weight":
3.05 "Of Sonders Weight" (11/03/16): Jeremy debe lidiar con los efectos secundarios de las negociaciones fallidas entre Roman y Sasha. Cuando Elena atiende a un convaleciente Sasha, él le cuenta la verdad sobre el por qué la abandonó hace 30 años. Clay y Alexei deben rastrear a la víctima del ataque del joven lobo.

http://theworldgoespop.com/2016/03/09/b ... rs-weight/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Bitten Backstage: Season 3, Episode 3 | Syfy:

- BITTEN 3.03 "Right behind you" Clip #1:

- BITTEN 3.03 "Right behind you" Clip #2:

- BITTEN 3.03 "Right behind you" Clip #3:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.06 "Rule of Anger":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Descripción oficial del 3.06 "Rule of Anger":
3.06 "Rule of Anger" (18/03/16): Elena y Clay se enfrentan con un nuevo enemigo mortal para salvar al apresado Marsten. Katia hace un desesperado movimiento por salvar a su familia.

http://www.thetvjunkies.com/bitten-seas ... =hootsuite

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- La estrella de "Bitten" Laura Vandervoort admite que es una perfeccionista (stuff.co):
La estrella de "Bitten" Laura Vandervoort admite que es una perfeccionista
Por LUAINE LEE 09 Marzo 2016

Laura Vandervoort is the star of the werewolf drama Bitten.

Ever since she was a little girl, actress Laura Vandervoort has chased perfection.

While she wishes she could escape it, she understands that it's shaped her life.

It led her to triumph in martial arts, earning a second-degree black belt, and it propelled her into the acting field.

It turned out that both skills earned her the starring role in an edgy version of the werewolf legend - Bitten.

"I'm the hardest on myself," she nods, seated in a wing chair in the foyer of a hotel here. "No one's as hard on me as I am. And I get nervous or stressed out or anxiety before a scene or before stunts. This time I just told myself to suck it up and go to work. Once you get through it and you realize not only did you get through it, but the producers and the writers and directors are all thrilled, that's a great feeling."

Vandervoort thinks she knows why she can't stop stressing. She suffered from meningitis when she was just a month old and almost didn't make it.

"I fought so hard as a baby I thought there must be a reason for that and I should really try to make something of the life that I've been given that I wasn't supposed to have," she says.

She studied karate from ages 6 to 20. She also aced her grades and coaxed her parents into letting her try acting after she saw My Girl on TV. "It was the first movie that affected me and I was crying as a kid. And I never experienced that watching a programme on TV. I think that's the moment I asked my parents if I could try acting because the young girl in the movie was making me feel that way, and I thought, 'I want to do that. I want to make people feel that'. So they let me."

Vandervoort is one of those rare child performers who managed to metamorphose easily into adult roles. But it was a long time coming. Her schoolmates used to tease her about acting. "They called me 'Goosebumps' in school. I wouldn't let it bother me, I was such a loner anyway," she shrugs.

"I went to the dojo and went to school and got straight As so I wasn't really ever the partying person. And I didn't care what people thought and didn't care about style and being like everybody else. So it didn't bother me. I'd laugh and that's it. It didn't affect me in any way."

Her parents, who work together in her father's insurance company, always supported her. "Not that I told them about what the kids did, but I think it's just me going home and them saying, 'We're proud of you. Good job'."

Born and raised in Canada, Vandervoort was reluctant to move to Los Angeles, even though much of the work was here. Finally, eight years ago, when a relationship went sour, she determined to make the change.

"Five years ago I really committed to being here, but three years earlier I had started renting a place on my own and then went back and forth to Canada because I wasn't sure. Then I made the decision by saying, 'OK, I'm buying furniture'," says Vandervoort, who's wearing a royal blue sheath topped with a black blazer.

Though most in the entertainment industry saw her as a child actress from roles in shows like Goosebumps, Are You Afraid of the Dark and Disney projects, she managed to erase that stereotype when she was cast as Supergirl in Smallville.

"Multiple times I wanted to quit," she admits. "I think that happens to all of us in the industry. There are ebbs and flows in the industry and also transitioning from child actor into an adult actor was a challenge, having the casting people see me in a different way. And there were periods when you'd go without work for a year and you start to question what you're doing. 'Why am I here? I move mountains to try to do this''"

She was in the verge of quitting when her agent phoned to coax her to audition for Smallville on tape. I said, 'Yes, it's going to be the last one'. So I put myself on tape and then a week later they wanted me to fly out and test for it, and then I had the job. And since Smallville it's been go."

In spite of her work ethic, Vandervoort, 31, does allow time for a private life. She's careful though, she says, about whom she dates. "I do try to avoid people who are caught up in the industry, people who think about the status and who they're hanging out with. It's more about people who love their family and are close to their family and are respectful and you allow each other to shine and support each other."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv ... fectionist

- La showrunner de "Bitten" Daegan Fryklind adelanta las duras elecciones que están por llegar (thetvjunkies):
La showrunner de "Bitten" Daegan Fryklind adelanta las duras elecciones que están por llegar
Por Bridget Liszewski | 10 Marzo, 2016

After spending 30 years in a blood feud, Sasha (John Ralston) and Roman (Daniel Kash) finally confronted each other last week on Bitten. The truth about Elena’s (Laura Vandervoort) mother and past came out, with her now left to deal with the fallout. Jeremy (Greg Bryk) is also in a tough spot after (no longer) Sheriff Karen (Fiona Highet) witnessed the fight, as well as Alexei’s (Alex Ozerov) first time undergoing the Change. Will he allow her to live now that she knows their secret? Oh and speaking of Alexei, Clay (Greyston Holt) will need to help him with the questions surrounding who he killed during his first change.

In order to get the answers to all these questions, as well as look ahead at what’s to come during the rest of the season, The TV Junkies turned to this episode’s writer Daegan Fryklind. The Bitten showrunner filled us in on everything related to “Of Sonders Weight,” which will see Elena drawing parallels from Sasha’s story to her own, why Karen was brought back into the fold, and Clay’s arc trying to protect Alexei during his change.

The TV Junkies: After last week’s action packed episode we see things slow down a bit here. Why did you want to change up the pace?

Daegan Fryklind: On a story level, we’ve covered so much ground in the first 4 episodes, that it felt like the right place to focus on character and emotion, and juxtapose these three twosomes as they dig deeper into the problems each are facing: with Elena and Sasha sorting out the past; Clay and Alexei searching for the person he attacked; and Jeremy getting to the bottom of exactly what Karen saw.

On a production level, I tend to do more intimate Episode 5s each season so we can save bigger stunts & VFX for other episodes, and this was directed by EP J.B. Sugar, which we shot in 5 days, so it was an intimate family affair for crew as well. But each season, Episode 5 is also a pivot point that shifts us from one part of the season to another.

TTVJ: Elena spends time tending to Sasha’s wounds this week. Can we assume that this allows for some good father/daughter bonding moments?

DF: “Good” in the sense that she’s able to confront him, but it’s always a question of “careful what you wish for” on this show. Sometimes the truth isn’t necessarily the easiest thing to hear.

TTVJ: How important is it to Elena’s journey that she discovers the truth about her family history?

DF: I think that’s a universal human trait. If any one of us was presented with a different history, or uncovered a past other than what we’ve come to know, we’d be torn between pursuing that truth or letting sleeping dogs lie. Elena is a character who has always longed for a family, that’s part of the books and we’ve made it part of the series, so introducing this new family felt like the natural expansion of the series, and a way to bring her character back to the center of the show.

TTVJ: We now know that Sasha was torn between love and his Alpha, Roman. Will Elena be able to draw similarities from her father’s story and her current situation?

DF: We draw that comparison, for sure. She understands having the kind of love that would make you risk all else.

TTVJ: Jeremy and Elena have had some disagreements this season, but it seems like their relationship may be about to take a turn. Can you preview what’s ahead for their relationship moving forward?

DF: The end of this episode really solidifies where these two stand with each other moving forward. You’ll have to watch the episode to see if that is a good or bad thing! I will say though that Laura and Greg had the crew in tears.

TTVJ: Why did you decide to bring back Karen and how will Jeremy deal with her given what he said last week about having to kill any human that discovers their secret?

DF: From early on we were hoping to bring Karen back as someone who might be an example of a different path for Jeremy, as someone who has stepped away from a position of leadership for a quieter life, and Jeremy has gone from this quiet painter to a forceful leader over the course of 3 seasons, and there’s a reflective sense within him – he’s aware of the choices that have lead him to this place. And he says he believes in the rule of secrecy, but he’s also kept Rachel alive.

We were very fortunate to be able to get Fiona Highet back for this season–she’s a writer on Saving Hope, which is also an eOne show, so our executives were able to broker her return, which was fantastic as Karen is one of the few characters who has challenged Jeremy in the past — he respects her, so their dynamic was a great resuming point for this season.

TTVJ: Alexei made his first change and in the process killed a human. How is he going to deal with that and will we find out who he killed?

DF: Alexei has a lot to learn, and under normal circumstances, Sasha would have been there to guide him through his first Change and ensure his safety (and the safety of those around him). But Sasha also went wild on his first Change–he slaughtered a barn full of horses. Alexei learns a hard lesson in this episode, but thankfully his heart is in the right place, so this is a lesson that will stick, and Alex Ozerov brings such a soulful nature to Alexei, that you can’t help but feel for the kid.

TTVJ: Clay is the one helping Alexei and trying to teach him about the change and Pack policies. Why was it important that he be the one helping him through this ordeal?

DF: Clay, of all the characters, understands how difficult the first Change can be if you’re alone, and how important it is to have guidance, even if he’s a little brusk with Alexei. Clay didn’t have any of that–he was a feral kid. And Alexei is Elena’s brother, and so Clay is going to do what it takes to get him through this. We don’t often see Clay as the mentor, and we really wanted to crack him open in this way this season, and allow Greyston to continue to develop the human side of Clay, which he does beautifully.

TTVJ: You guys have a fun guest star in this week’s episode. How did the opportunity to have George Stroumboulopoulos in the episode come about?

DF: J.B. and George are pals, and Laura knows him as well from being a guest on his show, and George had expressed an interest in guest starring, so it was a natural fit for us when we got to the point of breaking the season and realizing Alexei was going to attack a human during his first change.

TTVJ: Anything else you’d like to add about this week’s episode or what lies ahead this season?

DF: As I say, this episode pivots us towards the remainder of the season, and the seeds that are planted here become the garden path that will lead us to the end.

http://www.thetvjunkies.com/bitten-daeg ... interview/?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Bitten Backstage: Season 3, Episode 4 | Syfy:

- BITTEN 3.04 "A quiet dog" Clip #1:

- BITTEN 3.04 "A quiet dog" Clip #2:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Bitten Backstage: Season 3, Episode 5 | Syfy:

- BITTEN 3.05 "Of Sonders Weight" Clip #1:

- BITTEN 3.05 "Of Sonders Weight" Clip #2:

- BITTEN 3.05 "Of Sonders Weight" Clip #3:

- BITTEN 3.05 "Of Sonders Weight" Clip #4:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Bitten Backstage: Season 3, Episode 6 | Syfy:

- BITTEN 3.06 "Rule of Anger" Clip #1:

- BITTEN 3.06 "Rule of Anger" Clip #2:

- BITTEN 3.06 "Rule of Anger" Clip #3:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.07 "On the Brink":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Descripción oficial del 3.07 "On the brink":
3.07 "On the brink" (25/03/16): Nick, Paige y Rachel usan la magia para rastrear a Katia, quien ha secuestrado al bebé Rocco. Elena invita a Konstantin a Stonehaven, pidiéndole su ayuda para terminar esta venganza de sangre y cancelando al asesino Ruso. Clay y Jorge mantienen un ojo en el Albino, pero termina en más baño de sangre.

http://theworldgoespop.com/2016/03/24/b ... the-brink/

- Bitten Backstage: Season 3, Episode 7 | Syfy:

- BITTEN 3.07 "On the brink" Clip #1:

- BITTEN 3.07 "On the brink" Clip #2:

- BITTEN 3.07 "On the brink" Clip #3:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.08 "Tili Tili Bom":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Descripción oficial del 3.08 "Tili Tili Bom":
3.08 "Tili Tili Bom" (01/04/16): Como la recién asignada Alfa, el primer objetivo de Elena es eliminar al Albino. Pero cuando ella y Clay se enfrentan al asesino ruso, rápidamente descubren que siempre va dos pasos por delante. Cerca, Nick y Katia son capturados por los hombres de Roman y deben luchar por escapar, o convertirse en las próximas víctimas del Albino. Mientras tanto, Jeremy consigue la ayuda de un sorprendente aliado en su búsqueda como lobo solitario para matar al Alfa ruso, Roman.

http://lauravandervoort-forum.blogspot. ... i-bom.html

- Bitten Backstage: Season 3, Episode 8 "Tili Tili Boom" | Syfy:

- BITTEN 3.08 "Tili Tili Boom" Clip #1:

- BITTEN 3.08 "Tili Tili Boom" Clip #2:

- BITTEN 3.08 "Tili Tili Boom" Clip #3:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.09 "Shock the system":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Descripción oficial del 3.09 "Shock the system":
3.09 "Shock the system" (08/04/16): Como la nueva Alfa de la Manada, Elena dirige a las tropas, pero cuando intenta apoyar a un afligido Sasha, son atraídos hacia el bosque y son apresados por el Albino. Jeremy libra una guerra psicológica contra su captor, Roman Navikev en un intento desesperado por intentar liberarse a sí mismo y a Elena. Y Clay, Nick y Alexei corren a contrarreloj para salvar a su nueva Alfa de un destino peor que la muerte.

http://theworldgoespop.com/2016/04/07/b ... he-system/

- BITTEN 3.09 "Shock the system" Clip #1:

- BITTEN 3.09 "Shock the system" Clip #2:

- BITTEN 3.09 "Shock the system" Clip #3:

- BITTEN Backstage: Season 3, Episode 9 "Shock the system" | Syfy:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 3.10 "Truth, Changes, Everything" (series finale):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Descripción oficial del 3.10 "Truth, Changes, Everything" (series finale):
3.10 "Truth, Changes, Everything" (15/04/16): Mientras que Elena lucha por salvar su Manada, un evento impulsa el mundo de Bitten hacia una dirección completamente nueva...

http://lauravandervoort-forum.blogspot. ... truth.html

- BITTEN 3.10 "Truth, Changes, Everything" Promo:

https://twitter.com/i/videos/719572624301367297

- BITTEN 3.10 "Truth, Changes, Everything" Clip #1:

- BITTEN Backstage: Season 3, Episode 10 "Truth, Changes, Everything" | Syfy:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Bitten Finale Preview: preparándose para el adiós (thetvjunkies):
Bitten Finale Preview: preparándose para el adiós
Por Bridget Liszewski | 14 Abril, 2016

It’s hard to believe, but we’re already at the end of another Bitten season. Unfortunately, this time the end feels especially bittersweet for fans, as the drama will not be returning to Space Channel or Syfy next season. Instead, Friday night’s “Truth, Changes, Everything,” written by showrunner Daegan Fryklind, is not only the Season 3 ender, but it will also serve as the series’ finale.

As we get ready for what’s sure to be an emotional finale, The TV Junkies caught up with Fryklind to get her thoughts about this season’s journey and coming to the end of the show, as well as gain some insight into Jeremy’s (Greg Bryk) journey this season. After you watch the finale, be sure to stop back here at The TV Junkies for more from our interview with Fryklind.

The TV Junkies: Did you have any idea going into the season that this was going to be the last? If so, how did that news impact the stories?

Daegan Fryklind: We knew before breaking 309/310 that this was our last season. We had a massive sea change in mind for the finale, but also incorporated a sense of scope that wraps out the series, should this truly be the end of the road.

TTVJ: You guys went off book this season. What did that allow you to do with the stories this year that you hadn’t been able to do in the past?

DF: We’ve been pulling away from the books since the middle of Season 1, to be honest. There are production realities that make the books difficult to deliver, and so rather than do one of the books loosely adapted as we did in our second season, we honored the spirit of the books this time around while telling the story we wanted to tell. It went in the direction that felt most organic to the foundation that had been set, and in this way, none of our audience was prepared for where we were heading.

TTVJ: Jeremy spent a lot of this season separated from the rest of the Pack? Why did he have to make such a solo journey this year?

DF: We started the season with a Jeremy who was “all for one”, so we wanted to have him make a choice about being “one for all”, putting his life on the line to protect Elena, and positioning her as Alpha. It also aligned the paths of Jeremy, Sasha and Roman as each pursued their own sense of resolution and peace. This season is really about fathers and daughters and the heartbreak, sacrifice (and, in the case of Roman, revenge) fathers will go through in the name of their daughters.

TTVJ: How do you balance trying to wrap up all these stories you’ve been building and at the same time giving fans a satisfying conclusion?

DF: It’s a bit of a juggling act–season finales are as well, and I suppose having done the last two finales, writing a series finale was not that much more difficult, except this time the episode is imbued with my own goodbye to the show and a goodbye to the beautiful collaboration with our producers, studio, network, writers, cast and crew. Ack, I’m going to need a crate of Kleenex.

http://www.thetvjunkies.com/bitten-seri ... =hootsuite

- Entrevista de Laura Vandervoort: la actriz canadiense habla sobre Bitten, la piel de gallina y su papel como Supergirl (THN):
Entrevista de Laura Vandervoort: la actriz canadiense habla sobre Bitten, la piel de gallina y su papel como Supergirl
Por Ben Read 23 Abril 2016

The Hollywood News’ Ben Read sits down with Laura Vandervoort. The actress has also appeared in the likes of Ted, HBO series Ballers, V and Smallville. Check out Ben’s Laura Vandervoort interview below.

The second decade of the 21st Century has been hailed as the ‘Golden Age’ of television, with every genre from fantasy epic to political thriller receiving intelligent, popular and compelling material on a regular basis.

This has been no different for small screen productions involving Martians, mutants, creatures and of course, caped crusaders. As a result, various comic and book adaptations have hit the small screen over the past few years.

Tremendously talented Candian actress Laura Vandervoort, is certainly no stranger to any of these genres. Having already worked on Smallville, Bitten and Supergirl, the former girl of steel is more than familiar with characters that are out of this world. Earlier this year THN was fortunate enough to have spoken with the wonderful Vandervoort, in order to promote the final season of Bitten. Check out our Laura Vandervoort interview below, where we discuss everything from superheroes to gender equality in Hollywood:

THN: Can you tell me what initially attracted you to the role of Elena Michaels in the Canadian television series Bitten?

Vandervoort: At the time I had worked on a lot of science fiction and was maybe looking to escape that genre a little bit. So when they came to me with Bitten I was a little bit hesitant, because I thought that it was just another werewolf show. But then I read the book and I spoke to J.B. Sugar, our executive producer, where he explained the idea to me a little bit more. He reassured me that it was more of a drama based series like Sopranos or True Blood, where the characters came first and the fact that they are werewolves came second.

Then once I understood Elena’s past experiences and her history of growing up in foster care, I really thought that there was something great there. It was just a really interesting character and a really interesting story. Plus it was my first leading role on a series and I was also really excited about filming in my home town. The stars just seemed to align perfectly and three years later it’s been the best experience of my life.

THN: With the ever expanding market of supernatural television dramas, what do you think differentiates Bitten from other shows currently on the air?

Vandervoort: Well first of all, a lot of popular Science Fiction shows are based on superheroes and the comic book genre. Whereas our show is about a young girl who has overcome a lot of obstacles in her life as she constantly tries to fit in. The fact that it is a werewolf show also makes it very different to a series about super powers. This is more of a Romeo and Juliet story, with a large part of our show revolving around death, betrayal and lust. So I think that it’s definitely darker than a lot of the Science Fiction and superhero shows currently on the air. I also feel that a lot of the characters are better thought out and more layered than most.

The fact that there is already a series of existing novels means that we had some really mature stuff to start off with. So, the challenge of redirecting these characters and plots in order to fit an hour long television drama also separates us quite a bit. Not to mention the fact that we have a female lead on a Science Fiction show. Although, it is great to see more and more strong women leading the genre now. That’s part of the reason I love Sci-Fi so much! It’s able to create and show these strong women in such a fantastic way.

THN: You have played quite a few strong female characters over the years. How do you feel about the representation of women in Hollywood? And do you think that we are finally beginning to see gender equality portrayed on screen effectively?

Vandervoort: I think that we are in a way. I mean, it’s long past the time that we should have seen a variety of strong women on television and film. So I’m very happy to see that it is now happening finally. There are still some ways that I feel there is an inequality, but rather than get down on that subject I’m just enjoying seeing leading women kicking ass and taking control. It’s been fantastic to be part of that group within the Sci-Fi world and I just hope that continues for me and other actresses out there. I really hope that I can personally keep on playing strong women who have intelligence, strength and flaws. Because it’s also important not to portray women as perfect people who have everything together, because in reality everyone is dealing with issues. I think that we need to be honest in the characters we are playing, for the benefit of both the audience and ourselves. No one wants to watch a character that has it all together because that’s not realistic and that’s not relatable.

THN: Bitten’s third and final season is coming up very soon. What can you tell me about the upcoming series and will there be any more characters from the books making their live action debut?

Vandervoort: Erm, I can’t tell you much. But, the finale of season 2 concluded with Elena having some sort of premonition. This season picks up with Elena dealing with that premonition and what it means for her and the pack. Does it mean (metaphorically) that she is going to destroy this pack? Or is it really what she thought?. So, she is terrified by the notion of her being the catalyst for this foreshadowed destruction.

In addition to that, there are some new characters introduced this season that will completely change things. I mean, it shocked me when I read it! I had no idea that the writers were going in that direction. It will completely shock the audience because it completely changes how you view Elena and who she is. So, this season will completely turn her world around and make her second guess where she is going in life.

We are pretty much off the books this season. As with any show that has evolved from a series of novels, you need to have that liberty of being able to change things to fit that hour long format. Also, we want to keep audiences excited, involved and intrigued, so I think that it was a great idea to veer off the books a little. This also allowed us to explore more of who the characters are and surprise fans of the novel as well.

THN: As a huge Superman fan, I grew up watching the CW’s Smallville for the entirety of its ten year run. The show has been incredibly influential and left a huge legacy behind it. How does it feel to have been part of that?

Vanvervoort: Well I’m with you there because I also grew up watching the show and it was a huge part of my childhood. I came into Smallville in season seven and that was terrifying because not only did I watch the show, but I was also joining a cast that had been a family for seven years. So basically I was the new kid on the block just trying to fit in. But I was also trying to come to terms with playing my first large American role, which also happened to be an iconic female superhero. There was a huge amount of pressure! Plus I was also moving away from home for the first time and living on my own.

So, I had quite a lot to deal with when I started on the show. But to be a part of Smallville was definitely worth all of those scary moments when I was younger, because it does have this legacy that will always remain. Getting the opportunity to play the first version of Supergirl on television was an honour and also a great training ground for future work. I’m very proud to be a part of it. I mean, it was on for ten years!

THN: Superheroes and Comic adaptations are extremely prevalent on the big and small screen now. But Smallville was part of the first wave that began in the early 2000’s and has definitely influenced a lot of what has come since.

Vandervoort: Yeah, I suppose so. I mean, back then there weren’t a lot of superheroes on television. I guess I never really thought about being part of that first wave until now. But it did take a while after Smallville ended for the superhero genre to get to the forefront of Television and Film. I’m just happy that is has now and that we also have female superheroes leading shows too. So, I’m very honoured to be part of that world.

THN: It was revealed earlier this year that you will soon be appearing on CBS’ Supergirl series starring Melissa Benoist. What can you tell me about your character?

Vandervoort: Well, I will definitely be a recurring character on Supergirl. I play a character called Indigo, who is sort of villainous super-human computer. I’m terrified to reveal too much information, but it’s nice that the show is making references to the past like this. I mean, Dean Cain and Helen Slater have also appeared on the series. So the opportunity to be part of that world again is a very nice homecoming. I think that Melissa is doing a fantastic job on the show and she is great to work with. I also love that my character looks completely different from how I looked as Supergirl, which is a lot of fun for me. It’s been a whole different journey playing Indigo so far and discovering who she is.

THN: Can you reveal whether or not there will be a scene between all three Supergirls including you, Melissa Benoist and Helen Slater?

Vandervoort: I can’t tell you right now, because I actually don’t know! I’ve only shot one episode so far and I’ve got a lot more to come. But even if I did know I wouldn’t tell you!

THN: In regards to Supergirl continuing to hark back to the past, do you think that there is potential for Smallville’s Tom Welling to make an appearance? And is that something you would like to see?

Vandervoort: I love Tom and I think that he can do whatever he wants. If that’s something that he chooses to do then I know that the fans would love it. But at the same time I’m sure that he would like to get away from the Superman stigma that he’s attached to after playing the character for ten years. Although, saying that he mainly played Clark Kent before he became Superman in the series finale. But, I’m not sure if he will return to the role or not. I don’t know what he plans on doing, but I’m sure if he does show up on Supergirl fans would love it. But then again even if he doesn’t, I know that he’s a busy man and he’s doing his own thing so I wish him well whatever he does decide to do.

THN: Is there any sort of friendly rivalry between yourself and Melissa knowing that you have both portrayed the same character?

Vandervoort: Oh no not at all. I mean, first of all we have both played very different versions of the same character. I played Kara before she really knew who she was and before she became Supergirl. So, our two versions of Supergirl are ultimately polar opposite in terms their personalities. Smallville had me playing her as a more immature, adolescent and snotty version of the character, because she was living in Clark Kent’s world and trying to fit in. But in Supergirl Kara lives in her own comfort zone and realm, which is allowing her to figure out who she is as she goes along. So, they are both ultimately very different from one another. The fact that they are bringing me onto this show is great as I’m huge fan of Supergirl and I completely support it. It’s been absolutely lovely working with Melissa.

THN: Now for a slightly different question. With the recent release of the big screen version of Goosebumps starring Jack Black, did you find yourself reflecting back on your own childhood experiences on the 1995 Television series?

Vandervoort: That’s a great question! No one has ever asked me that before….well done you! I think it’s great that they are doing a movie about it. Growing up in Canada, most of us Canadian child actors were part of that Television series. I did three episodes of it myself and it was actually my first job. So, I really love the fact that are bringing that back because it’s nice to see that part of my childhood revived on the big screen. With things like Full House and Boy Meets World being rebooted for modern audiences, I think it’s great to see 90’s properties brought back to life.

THN: We definitely live in a world of reboots now, where everything seems to be coming back around!

Vandervoort: It’s nice because I’m of that age now where a lot of the shows that I grew up watching are coming back. So it’s quite nice for me to be able to reminisce about that. I absolutely love it.

THN: Finally, do you have any idea what you have lined up as your next project after Bitten has concluded?

Vandervoort: Well I’ll definitely be continuing on Supergirl for a little bit. Apart from that I am executive producing and creating a children’s show in Canada, as well as a book that I am hoping to publish very soon. But I’ve been working on my kids show quite a bit and it’s my first time behind the camera which is very exciting. It’s called Super Duper Deelia and it actually came about on the back of the huge popularity of superheroes at the moment. I wrote the first book about four years ago now, and I’ve been going to conventions reading it to young girls of eight or nine years old. It bothered me that a lot of role models these girls were looking up to in comic books or action figures were very unrealistic in their body types, and overall a little too mature for these children to try and emulate. So, I thought that I would like to create a character they can look up to, who is their age but also a healthier superhero role model. The character is going through school, homework and bullying issues, while also being a superhero. So hopefully, parents of young children can let their kids watch this show and grow up with this character.

THN: That’s definitely a very relevant topic, with the majority of female role models being extremely over sexualised.

Vandervoort: Yeah I feel like a lot of female superheroes are way over sexualised. But that’s because a lot of them were written for an older audience. There are so many young girls out there who want a female superhero to look up to, and it’s a little ironic that now the time seems to be right. We’ve been working on this for four years and hopefully it will be hitting the screen this year. I have learned so much from working behind the camera on Super Duper Deelia and it’s been an interesting experience trying to get this show off the ground.

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2016/04 ... interview/

- Laura Vandervoort sobre el decirle adiós a 'Bitten,' la respuesta de los fans a la finale, y si interpretará a Elena de nuevo (etalk):
Laura Vandervoort sobre el decirle adiós a 'Bitten,' la respuesta de los fans a la finale, y si interpretará a Elena de nuevo
Por Chris Mejaski, 25 Abril, 2016

Series star Laura Vandervoort gets why fans are going to miss “Bitten” so much, after it wrapped its three-season run on Space last weekend.

“It’s not just a sci-fi show, it’s not just about the werewolves,” she says. “We made sure it was about the characters and their relationships. And obviously having an escape within the sci-fi realm is wonderful for audiences… but they’ve grown to love these characters and I think they’ve invested in the relationships the characters have with each other.”

Vandervoort admits “Bitten” marked one of the most special experiences she’s had working on a show too. Her first time as the lead, her character saw dramatic growth over the three seasons, this year taking on the alpha role in a pack of male werewolves.

We caught up with Laura to chat about how she feels looking back at the “Bitten” experience, whether she’d ever want to return to the character, and what’s next.

Last week you tweeted that you bawled your eyes out when you found out “Bitten” was ending after season three. Now that the finale’s aired in Canada, how do you feel looking back on the experience?

I obviously have very fond memories of the entire experience. I know that personally it was my first time carrying a show as a lead and I definitely grew as an individual throughout the three seasons, just trying new things on camera, and being more vulnerable and open to my character for the audience.

We were live tweeting the finale in Canada and I didn’t expect for it to be as hard as it was for me. Because we finished shooting a while ago, we’ve said our goodbyes, but to say goodbye to the fans actually was really hard for me as well.

How did you feel about how Elena developed over the three seasons, and how her story ended in the finale?

I do think that there was quite a parallel with her growth and my growth to be honest throughout the three seasons, which worked nicely for myself. Because season one, she’s in this new world that’s very male-dominated. She’s terrified, she doesn’t know where she belongs, or who she truly is, or if she’s strong enough to get through it. And that’s how I was feeling season one with this new show. I didn’t know if I could handle everything so I sort of played off of my feelings when playing her.

By season three Elena becomes alpha… and similar to her being empowered and taking on this responsibility, I felt like I’ve accomplished these two seasons that I’m proud of, and this third season I just want to go for it, I want to try new things and new techniques.

Do you have any favourite on-set memories from over the three seasons?

A lot of the scenes I did with Greg Bryk who plays Jeremy -- he’s such a talented, warm, artistic brilliant man to work with. And he was really the backbone with me throughout the first season, encouraging me and chatting with me about the character and the scene.

And there was a great scene at the end of season two with Greyson Holt who plays Clay. Elena’s dying in his arms and I don’t think either one of us had ever done a scene that intense. So during our rehearsals we just started crying and getting really emotional about it and the director had to tell us to hold it in until we started shooting.

What’s the reaction been like from fans who watched the finale in Canada?

A lot of tear emojis. A lot of people saying they don’t want to beleive that it’s happening. They were happy with where the characters ended up in the finale. I think it was well done and well written and well rounded, hopefully giving the fans some sort of closure to where the characters were heading.

I would’ve loved to see Elena and Clay have their twins they have in the books. So that would’ve been a nice sort of flash forward. But I think that’s sort of for the fans to imagine that they will get there.

The fans are just so great on social media with us and we always try to keep in touch and chat with them and no BS, they’re the reason we’ve worked so hard on this show.

And like any strong, engaged fanbase, “Bitten” fans mobilized with online petitions and hashtags to try to keep the show going. If there was opportunity to revisit the show in the future, would you be interested?

Oh yeah, definitely. I’d like to think the entire cast would be open to something in the future. I know they created hashtags like #howlformore to try to petition to have us come back. Sometimes that’s not enough, and there’s more to it and I would just hope that if we could come back everyone would be available. And I know we all respect and love each other enough that we would want to do it again.

You’ve also appeared on several episodes of “Supergirl” this season. How did it feel to play someone else, after playing Supergirl yourself on “Smallville”?

I’ve always wanted to return to that world, the DC world, and I had known about the show, and was excited that they finally made a series about Supergirl.

I signed on, I did three episodes this season [as Indigo] and it was a lot of fun, and Melissa [Benoist]’s great… It was a little strange when I was reading my first script and I’d read Supergirl or Kara Kent, and I’d start highlighting that. Then realized oh no wait, that’s not me.

That was the only strange thing… it was a lot of fun actually, one of the most fun characters I’ve had the chance to play actually because she’s so mentally unstable.

Any other projects fans can look out for in the future?

I’m creating a kids’ TV show. I wrote a book about four years ago, a children’s book. I would go to a lot of comic conventions and meet young girls who looked up to Supergirl and I realized at the time the action figures and that sort of thing were not the healthiest role models for girls. They were oversexualized and had unrealizstcic body types and these girls were like eight years old.

So I thought there's nothing on television for that age group to really look up to and relate to [in terms of] someone their age with powers. So long story short, we’re in the development stage, it’s called Super Duper Delia, we’re excited, hopefully within the next year things will start moving along. Now’s the time to empower these young girls with someone they can relate to.

http://www.etalk.ca/news/2016/april/lau ... aying-elen
- Laura Vandervoort habla sobre el final de ‘Bitten’ (clichémag):
Laura Vandervoort habla sobre el final de ‘Bitten’
Por Anjelica Oswald 13 Abril, 2016

When we last spoke to Laura Vandervoort back in April of 2014, she had wrapped up the first season of Bitten, a Canadian sci-fi in which she plays a woman rediscovering life as a werewolf. Now, the show is coming to an end after three seasons, and Vandervoort is looking back on her experience and preparing for what’s next.

Cliché: You have been on Bitten since 2014. How is it approaching the end of this final season?
Laura Vandervoort: It has been a great journey. Some truly lifelong friendships have been made. This show and my character have definitely made me grow in many different ways. It has been both challenging and rewarding.

How has your character, Elena, changed over the seasons?
I think similar to myself, Elena has grown over the three years. In season one, she was uncomfortable with her new surroundings, as was I entering the first season of the show. Friendships were just starting to be made amongst the cast and crew, and we were all learning the ropes of the show. Elena was finding her way. I was discovering what it took to work the hours we were working and be in every scene, but at the same time keeping my sanity.

In season two, we were all definitely more comfortable, as were our characters. Bonds had been made and we felt more comfortable within our character skin. Elena was finally accepting who she was: the lone female wolf. She finally accepted her place within the pack, her new family.

By the third season, I feel we all knew our characters inside and out and started to really have fun and challenge ourselves, trying new things. Since we were all so comfortable with one another by the third season, I believe we felt we could be more vulnerable within our scenes by working off one another and trusting that bond.

Within the third season, Elena begins to stand up against the pack leader, Jeremy, for many reasons. She has discovered within that she has biological parents and siblings from Russia. This revelation makes everything that she has worked for difficult.

What can fans expect from this final season?
Over the course of the first two seasons, the pack always sticks together fighting an outside war. What makes the season different is that the fight is within the family. Many pack members are butting heads for different reasons and relationships are being torn apart. With the addition of Elena’s biological family, there is a lot of tension between her pack leader and her father. We bring in international pack members, which causes more threat to the core family. You can expect blood, sweat, and tears throughout the season.

What are some of your favorite memories on set?
We would have great memories on set every day. This cast has been a pleasure to work with. There is always laughter and occasionally tears, but we’re always there for one another. It is hard to place a certain memory as my favorite, so I would say my favorite memory is just being there and having the opportunity to be a part of such a great show.

You also played Supergirl on Smallville, so what was it like watching this new iteration?
The version of Supergirl that I played was much different to the version currently on television. I think that is fantastic and I love what they have done with the character. Being a part of the new Supergirl series is an honor, and I think a great nod to the fans of the genre. The fact that I get to play an evil character and look nothing like myself is just the cherry on top! I have never had a character that transforms how I play her from the outside in. How she looks physically determined how I would play her, and let’s face it: playing evil is fun.

What do you think makes superhero shows so appealing to people?
I think people like an escape, and superhero shows allow for that. It is that good versus evil concept that we all love to watch.

Who’s your favorite superhero?
I would have to say the Joker, even though he is not a superhero. [Laughs]

What is next for you?
I am currently still shooting my recurring role on Supergirl as Indigo and auditioning for other projects. I am also executive producer and creator of a TV series for kids about a young girl that is a superhero. I wrote the concept for the show years ago and we have been in the process of getting it off the ground. That is a whole new experience for me.

https://www.clichemag.com/laura-vanderv ... of-bitten/

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Kara(Laura Vandervoort)”