"BITTEN" (Serie TV)

Foro dedicado a Laura Vandervoort que interpreta a Kara.

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, porre, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "BITTEN" (Serie TV)

Mensaje por Shelby »

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Michael Xavier habla sobre Bitten y el regresar el viernes a Syfy (scifivision):
Michael Xavier habla sobre Bitten y el regresar el viernes a Syfy
by Jamie Ruby 14 Abril 2015 16:20

Friday Bitten returns for season two to Syfy with all new episodes. Last season, Logan, played by Michael Xavier, found out that his girlfriend, Rachel (Genelle Williams), was pregnant with his child, but she was kidnapped.

Xavier recently talked to Jamie Ruby of SciFi Vision in an exclusive interview about his work on the show and what's next for Logan.

When the actor started his work on Bitten, he took inspiration for Logan from more than just the script or the book series that the show is based on. "Every time I approach a character, I tend to look for inspiration outside of just the script or just the books that are offered. And when I first jumped onto Bitten, I didn't know too much about it. I didn't know about the books, but I jumped online, and I did some research, and I found that Logan's character didn't last very long in the book.

"And I spoke to the creative minds and our producer, and they were saying they were going to head in a bit of a different direction with Logan. So it wasn't as imperative for me as it might have been for say Greg [Bryk] and Laura [Vandervoort] to try to stick to the books.

"So what I wanted to do was look to other sources for inspiration to just get a feel of the whole folklore of werewolves. I looked towards American Werewolf in London, the movie Wolf with Jack Nicholson, and Underworld, you know, just to get an overall feel of what werewolves were all about. And that's where I based it."

Bitten, however, is not just about the characters' supernatural sides. "Once I read the script, I saw that it was strongly based in the human world of who these people were - not just who they were as werewolves, but, you know, Logan is a doctor; he's trying to build his clientele in this very professional world living in Toronto. So it was more interesting for me to find out who this guy was as a human, and then the werewolf aspect sort of came second."

Xavier has enjoyed Logan's transformations into wolf form. "I love the transformation. I remember in season one, for the first transformation, I was doing a scene with Laura, and we were going to go for a run on the beach. And I think somebody had already done a transformation before that, because this was within the first two weeks that we were shooting. And I think Greyston [Holt] had already done a transformation, so we were already talking about like 'how are we going to do this, what's it going to feel like, what kind of noises are we going to make, what's the overall feel?'

"I don't know if I want to get too crude about it, but we're a goofy group, and one of the things that we alluded to was the the transformation was like you were forcing something from within out, (laughs) and that's what they were sort of going off of.

"So my first transformation was like that, and that's basically what it is, a werewolf within that's like fighting to get out, so it's sort of painful, but there's also a sort of gratification that you get from it. That was an idea that was given to us from Daegan Fryklind, which I thought was phenomenal, because of the duality of good and evil existing all at once within this transformation was great."

Logan has changed this season, which the actor finds a bit challenging, but enjoys being challenged and being out of his comfort zone as an actor. "I guess there are always challenges in roles, because you're taking yourself out of your comfort zone, but I've always enjoyed being out of my comfort zone, especially as an actor, especially as an artist.

"In season one we had Logan really prim and proper and keeping his life together. He was the guy who seemed to have everything together, and in season two, his world is totally in shambles. He's got to find his pregnant girlfriend, who he doesn't know right now if she's dead or alive. So I think going from the guy who is done up and is always on point, to becoming this guy who doesn't know what's going to happen tomorrow, who's totally losing his cool, I think that segueing from one state of being to the other was probably the most challenging, but also the most fun."

Xavier teased a bit about his favorite moment this season. "We had a key bad guy season one, one of the mutts - I'm not going to allude too much to who it is, because there is some shock value in it, but he and Logan cross paths in season two and duke it out, and that was probably one of my favorite scenes that we shot. It was a serious fight scene; it was a very long sequence. It was a lot of choreography done by our great fight coordinator John Stead.

"And I was really biting at the bit to get it, because our writers told me about it before we got into season two, that they wanted Logan to go down some dark rabbit hole, and at some point he was going to end up getting very physical. And this scene that they presented me, with one of our nemeses from season one, I mean, it turned out beautiful. So I think our fans are going to get a kick out of that."

The actor talked more about the fight and drive that he enjoys and wants to see more of in Logan. "Season two is really expect the unexpected, so for Logan's story, I was really looking forward to seeing this guy fight like hell for as long as he could possibly fight like hell, like really draw it out, really draw out this search for Rachel. And then when and if he finds Rachel, what is he going to do? How much of a fight is there going to be once he crosses paths with the bad guys who have been keeping her locked down, keeping her away from him, and keeping the child away from him as well.

"So I just [would like to see] the overall battle, because I find the performances that are most intriguing to watch are the ones where there might be a lot of anger, there might be a lot of hatred in the world, but wherever there is hatred and anger, love isn't too far. And I think the love that he holds for Rachel is going to dictate how much he's going to fight for her. And I think in season one the audience has already got a feeling that this guy loves her to death, so how deep are the depths that he's willing to go to save her?"

At the end of the first season, after revealing that Rachel was pregnant with Logan's child, Jeremy (Bryk) had demanded of him that he would take his child from Rachel and bring it to him to raise with the pack after it was born, as is their way. Logan disagreed and was ready to run, but right now he needs the pack to help him find his girlfriend and unborn child, who were kidnapped. That, however, will not be a deterrent for Logan once it's all over. "I think in the back of Logan's mind, he's already made the decision that once he finds Rachel he's going to take her and go off the grid and raise his family as any real man should. So I think that's where he and Jeremy are really butting heads. Jeremy's very fixed on the idea that he has to abide by pack law and raise the baby amongst the pack.

"I think it was the first or the second episode where they're looking for Malcolm (James McGowan) and Jeremy says, "I will raise the baby with the pack," and Logan sort of nods his head, well doesn't really nod his head, but I guess he's just not ready to go there right then, because he's trying to stay focused on the task at hand which is getting Malcolm.

"...I don't think he's really prepared to give up his child to Jeremy and pack law, but he's definitely fixed on getting Rachel, and once we're ready we'll cross that bridge when we get there...He's sort of just going with the ebb and flow while keeping an ace in the hole, I guess."

Things are different in Stonehaven and this season the tone of Bitten is going to shift, and part of that is to do with the introduction of new supernatural beings. "Season one there was obviously this love triangle that was going on, and there was sort of jealousy undertones throughout the season, whether it be between Clay (Holt) and Philip (Paul Greene), or towards the end of the season with Jeremy and Malcolm.

"Season two, it's sort of like a big switch has been flipped, and it's taking on more of a sinister, dark, and lurking tone. So with these witches and sorcerers that are being introduced, it's a totally different feel going in season two."

Some of the new evil forces this year want Rachel. "There are definitely other supernatural beings that are in the mix in season two, and I think that you'll get more of a feel of what direction that's going to be heading in come the fourth episode. But there are people at work that have a need for Rachel...there is definitely a need that she can fill for these other people at work. These evil forces at work."

Logan and Rachel's unborn child is important to the wolves, but could it be important to these new forces as well? "There's a great importance for the baby as far as the pack itself, because we haven't had a young werewolf come into the scene in our pack in a long, long time. I think Logan probably was the last one at sixteen to be taken in by Jeremy and raised amongst the pack. Since then there hasn't been anybody, but having a baby, a young werewolf born into the pack, only strengthens the pack in the future, so that's why there's so much emphasis on protecting this child and raising it amongst ourselves.

"But outside of the pack there are again evil forces at work who may also be intrigued by the importance of what this child can mean to them and their world."

Xavier enjoyed working with the new cast members. "Tommie Amber Pirie, who plays Paige, and Tammy Isbell, who plays Ruth, they offer an immediate change in dynamic on set with the cast and just the overall feel of the work that we were going for.

"I mean, on a whole, this second season we're moving forward as a stronger collective unit, and we've really upped the ante, and I think the witches really add a lot of key ingredients to the chemistry amongst all of us. So I would say off the top, and I think they're introduced again in the third or fourth episode, the pack doesn't really know what to make of them; we don't really know what they want.

"We know that we want to get our hands on Malcolm. Jeremy wants to get his hands on Malcolm, because if he doesn't, then the pack will be turned over to this international group of alphas, and Jeremy would be out unless he can bring Malcolm's head on a stake and say he's dead and he's taken care of that. So he wants to get Malcolm for that reason. Elena wants to get Malcolm, because he killed her ex-fiancé. I need to get Malcolm, because he's got my pregnant girl.

"Then into the mix are these witches who are after the same guy, but we don't know why; we don't know if we can work together with them or if they're enemies of ours. So there's an absolute tension between the pack and the witches, and we don't really know what to make of it yet. I think we're just sort of gathering information as we go, but they absolutely present different obstacles that have the pack on our heels, and sort of questioning whether or not are we going to be able to handle this type of supernatural people who are able to make us see things that are not really there, make us feel things that we shouldn’t necessarily be feeling, sort of manipulating us to their advantage. So we have to sort of recalculate and gain a deeper understanding of how we attack this beast."

http://scifivision.com/2598

- Laura Vandervoort habla sobre la Season 2 de "Bitten" y el regreso de esta noche (scifivision):
Laura Vandervoort habla sobre la Season 2 de "Bitten" y el regreso de esta noche
Por Jamie Ruby 17 Abril, 2015

Tonight season two of the popular series Bitten returns to Syfy with two all-new back-to-back episodes. Based on the best-selling book series Women of the Otherworld, by Kelley Armstrong, the series this season is in for some changes as witches are introduced into the mix. Star Laura Vandervoort, who plays werewolf Elena Michaels, recently talked to Jamie Ruby of SciFi Vision in an exclusive interview about what's to come this season.

Season two picks up where the previous left off with Elena still dealing with her fiancé Philip (Paul Greene)'s death. According to Vandervoort, fans will see a very different Elena this season. "This season picks up three days after our finale. Emotions run high and vengeance is all Elena can truly think about. She has not taken the time to mourn Philip. The true change in Elena this season is her seemingly acceptance of her fate. She does not apologize for her actions this season. There is no questioning who she is and what she has to do.

"The approach this season was really just being emotionally certain and all in. Season one, Elena was constantly torn between the two lives she was living. She constantly fought the animal within her, trying to suppress it. No more."

This is something that will of course affect Elena's relationship with Clay (Greyston Holt) this season. "Elena is emotionally disconnected from Clay as season two is under way, but not physically. She needs to release her anger and tension somehow right? (laughs)

"Without Philip in the picture, the audience would suspect Clay and Elena to live happily ever after and maybe they will, but things do block that path for them. Let’s face it, nothing in love comes easy. Throw in being the only female werewolf in existence and you have a recipe for blood and death, not roses and candlelight dates."

What would a normal date look like for Elena and Clay? She and her costar have joked about it before. "Greyston and I always joke around when we are in the middle of a crazy episode, covered in blood and sweat, that it would be nice to just see Clay and Elena go on a date, play cards, watch a movie."

They've talked about some other things that would be fun to see as well. "We joke about musical episodes of Bitten. The cast singing as they kill."

If the actress was able to write anything for Elena, it might be something like that. "Perhaps I would write a lighthearted comedy episode? (laughs) Everyone is just happy, birds on Elena's shoulder as she picks flowers at Stonehaven, rather than digging a grave."

Vandervoort talked about the part of Elena that she connects with. "I connect with Elena's need to make things right, to make things better. She struggles with right and wrong at times especially season one. I always connect with her need to be equal, to be strong and take care of things on her own."

The biggest change this season is with the introduction of new supernatural beings: witches. The actress was surprised by the addition at first. "The addition of the witches was definitely a surprise, but a pleasant one, however. I knew eventually the witches would show up, but did not know which season.

"Having women on the show was a nice change for me. I think it was also a change to not have the pack working as closely together as a group. [There were] less of the family oriented moments, the warmhearted chats with Jeremy, the pack breakfasts, I felt like I missed that. However this season is so action-packed and has so many different storylines going, that it made sense; all we know, the warmth of Stonehaven, the comfort of family, was gone."

The witches will change the tone of the show this season as well as Elena's attitude. "The witches bring an entirely new aspect to the show, a supernatural world. Obstacles the pack cannot go up against with just sheer wolf strength and pack law.

"Season two becomes a more mystical and dark world for the pack. They are another group of beings that know of their existence, which brings an abundance of trouble for them.

"Elena connects with a young witch and on many levels her motherly instincts definitely kick in. Momma wolf steps forward leaving scared Elena wolf in the dust."

Vandervoort enjoyed working with the new cast members. "It was wonderful. Having both the female presence on set and such talented women to work with made for an incredible season. It definitely throws the men in the pack for a 'tail' spin, if you will."

The show may be darker this year, but the actress is able to step away from that darkness. "There is no question that season two is emotionally and spiritually darker. There are times when it can be hard to shake the day off when you get home, or wash the blood off. (laughs) But for the most part, I always try to leave Elena on set. I feel very close to her so it is not always easy.

"In addition to all of that, once I am home, I am working on the scenes for the next day. I can never really separate myself from Elena until the season is done."

Vandervoort, however, enjoys that and the other ways she is challenged. "Our writers always know how to challenge me. We have a fantastic team. Elena, both physically and emotionally, challenged me this season, perhaps more than last."

The actress was only able to tease a bit about the more physical scenes coming up. "This season has several large stunt/fight sequences for all of us. Our stunt coordinator John Stead always amazes. I cannot get into some of the big fights, that would give away too much, but you can be sure this season packs a punch, bite, kick, growl and some occasional tongue and hair pulling."

Fans are really in for a ride. "All I can say is there are some unforgettable moments throughout the season, and some heart-wrenching losses."

Be sure to catch the season two premiere of Bitten, tonight on Syfy

http://scifivision.com/2623

- Las mujeres tras la escena: Daegan Fryklind (nicegirlstv):
Las mujeres tras la escena: Daegan Fryklind
Por Rueben 15 Abril, 2015

Today’s Women Behind the Scenes spotlight is focused on writer, executive producer and showrunner Daegan Fryklind.

Daegan is currently the executive producer and showrunner on the Canadian sci-fi series Bitten, which is based on the popular book series by author Kelley Armstrong, which airs here in the United States on Syfy.

Bitten centers on Elena Michael (Laura Vandervoort of Smallville and V fame), a female werewolf torn between the normal life in Toronto that she so desperately wants and her “family” obligations in upstate New York. Among the werewolf pack is her ex-fiancé Clayton (Greyston Holt from Durham County), who is the one responsible for making her a werewolf.

The cast of Bitten also includes Greg Bryk (XIII and Blood Ties), Steve Lund (Haven), Genelle Williams (Warehouse 13) and Michael Xavier (the made-for-TV movie Be My Valentine).

Among Daegan’s other credits are the Canadian cop drama Motive (which airs in the US on ABC in the summer), the Canadian drama The Listener (which briefly aired in the US on NBC) and the web series Yukonic. She has also worked as a writer and co-producer on the beloved series Being Erica, as an executive consultant and writer on The Guard and a writer on the Canadian soap opera Falcon Beach.

Here is our exclusive Q&A with Daegan:

1. Can you talk a little about your background? Where you grew up, went to school, etc.

I’m the youngest child (no rules!) but the only girl (rules!) – my dad is an artist and my mother was in management – I think maybe the reason why I ended up as a showrunner was in balancing their skillsets. I grew up in the mountains of Alberta and then in the mountains of Vancouver and was a fairly feral child. And I wrote a lot. I started writing at a very early age, bad poetry, mostly, that my father would turn into art. But it was clear by the framed poems around the house that my parents were going to support whatever crazy artistic path I chose, and I credit them with creating this sense of “of course that’s an option” in me.

2. How did you get started in the industry?

I’d finished my Masters in Creative Writing in Montreal (of course that’s an option!), returned to Vancouver and then got hired at a film production company, first as a producer’s assistant, then as a development person. I learned the industry from the production side first, so when I finally shifted to writing for television, I understood how to write to budget and schedule.

3. Who is your biggest influence?

On the business side: my mother. She was a late bloomer as a businesswoman – she didn’t get into the workforce until her early 30s after having 3 kids – but she rose to the top of her field and was highly respected. She was equal parts put-together (I never saw her without heels and lipstick) and a force of nature. And she wasn’t afraid of being perceived as a bitch when she was being tough, because she was also extremely fair as a boss. I think because she was a war refugee who grew up with nothing but tenacity, she expected the same kind of drive from her staff, and showed them the same sort of support that my brothers and I were given to succeed in our own passions.

On the writing side: the other writers in the current story room — the Season 2 writers room includes Wil Zmak, Michael MacLennan, Larry Bambrick, Jenn Engels, Garfield Lindsay Miller and Adrian Avdeeff. We’ve all thrown in on the same crazy plan, like an adjunct family sealed into a bio-dome. We will laugh, argue, drink, kvetch, mull, win, lose, and survive together for months on end, reliant on each other for ideas, feedback, hugs and honesty. I’ve loved every single room I’ve been in and can number most of my closest friends from these experiences.

4. How did you get involved in Bitten?

I’d worked with Executive Producers J.B. Sugar and John Barbisan on a series called jPod, and knew Patrick Banister from my early feature days, so when they acquired the rights to the six Elena Michaels books by Kelley Armstrong, they approached me and a few other writers to pitch our take on how we would develop the books into a series. I’d worked with our network, Space, on a few shows, so they were already familiar with me as a writer. What appealed to me was the duality of this character, how she was trying to live a lie and suppressing her true self, but how eventually the truth always comes out.

5. What has been the biggest challenge in adapting the books to the show? Is Kelley Armstrong involved in the process?

As mentioned, we have the rights to six books in a series that runs much deeper and wider than the Elena Michaels stories, so I think there is a lot of expectation from book fans as to the roster of characters we will involve, and what we can accomplish. We’re working with an amazing cast and crew, we are able to achieve a lot with the resources at hand. We cast based on best performer for the role, which means that even with best intentions, our cast may not look exactly as described in the books, and we may not be able to bring in as many characters from the books because it would dilute the screen time for the characters we already have in play. We also need to build story on our standing sets – Stonehaven; Philip’s apartment in Season 1; the compound in Season 2 – to help keep our locations and travel budgets in hand. The books send a lot of story out into the world. We need to bring a lot of story home.

Kelley was involved early on in the development of Season 1. She read the first two scripts and the bible and has always been lovely with us, and has posted some very considerate messages to her fans asking them to understand that the show is the show and the books are the books and what we do has no impact on what she does, so the books will forever be there for the fans who love them. We’ve made some choices that are different. For example, in Season 1, while we kept Logan alive and developed his character, we killed a character who does not die in the books – Antonio — in order to create more story and character growth for Nick. That was a bold choice, and Kelley took the heat for that, which isn’t fair, but we also haven’t really had an opportunity to explain why changes were made, so I appreciate the forum. Ultimately, we’re trying to balance an experience for people who are coming to the show because of the books, and for people who haven’t read the books but who are fans of genre, or fans of our cast members, especially the legions who come to see Laura.

6. Season two of Bitten will start on Syfy (here in the US) at the end of the week. What can you tease for the fans?

Expect mayhem. The Pack is on the hunt for Malcolm, but there are other, darker forces we’re folding into this season. We’re bringing in three characters from the second book – Ruth and Paige Winterbourne, and Savannah Levine – witches from the Boston Coven.

7. Is there one particular episode this season that fans should really keep their eyes on?

The first episode is a continuation of the previous season, resolving some of the storylines we have in play, and the second episode introduces two new major players and tees up the remainder of the rollercoaster ride. I think with the S1 finale, we realized what we could truly accomplish, and so every episode in S2 brings that level of action, intensity, and emotion.

8. Can you share a little about the casting process for the show? Did you know when any of the cast members came in to audition that you find the right match?

Laura Vandervoort was the first piece of the puzzle, because how we built the rest of the cast was going to hinge off our Elena. We didn’t audition Laura – we offered her the part. We knew the role would require a certain level of approachability, acting chops and physicality, and Laura had everything we were looking for. Plus she’s a complete sweetheart and so focused and professional – the ideal lead for a series. After talking with J.B. about the show and our take on it, she was on board. Greyston Holt was the next person cast after that. I’d worked with him on Motive and Tecca Crosby, our EP from eOne, loved him in Durham County, and our pilot director Brad Turner, who has worked on a number of big, big shows, recognized that Greyston has “it.” Laura did chemistry reads with a number of actors but Greyston was just our Clay. From there, the rest fell into place easily. While we couldn’t find a half-Japanese Jeremy, we found Greg Bryk, who has so seamlessly inhabited the role that he’s become easily one of the most beloved cast members on the show with fans. And now, I can’t imagine anyone other than him in that role, or anyone other than Steve Lund as Nick, or Michael Xavier as Logan, or our new actors coming up in S2.

9. Do you have any other projects “in the works”?

A few things; nothing that’s ready to talk about. I tinker between seasons on various passion projects, but then I also use the time to go home to Vancouver and unwind. Making a season is tough work — of course it’s rewarding, but the days are long and the details endless, and I’m someone who appreciates the 2pm nap, so I’m happy to take the downtime as that.

10. Is there a project you are excited to work on at some point in the near future?

All of them! I’m of the camp that we should only work on projects that excite us. That’s not only an option, that’s the only option. (Did I just sound like Gollum? I meant “us,” all of us, not the royal or Hobbitses “us”).

11. Where can people follow you on Twitter, Facebook, social media in general?

My twitter handle is @daeganf. While I don’t run the Bitten Facebook page, I certainly pay attention to it.

http://nicegirlstv.com/2015/04/15/women ... -fryklind/

- Laura Vandervoort habla sobre la Season 2 de "Bitten" (denofgeek):
Laura Vandervoort habla sobre la Season 2 de "Bitten"
Por Amelia Benton 16/04/2015 at 8:28AM

As Bitten's second season draws near, we spoke with Laura Vandervoort about the new season and her "geekdom."

Best known for her roles of Kara in Smallville, Lisa in V and Sadie in Instant Star, Laura Vandervoort is an accomplished actress with more than 40 credits under her belt. Did I mention that that belt is a second degree black belt? Yeah..... read further for more on that.

Vandervoot has been on many “hottest” and “sexiest” lists, but her range of acting abilities proves that looks aren't her only strong point. An all around talented woman, Vandervoort in also incredibly well rounded. Not only does she act, but she also writes, is very athletic and even went to college for a double major in Psychology and English. Just, wow!

As the premiere of season two of Bitten draws near, I was able to speak with Laura Vandervoort, who plays lead Elena Michaels. With such a long time between seasons, there are plenty of questions on the minds of the fans.

Have you read any of the books that the television series is based on?

They recommended that we read the first book, but to not get too involved in the rest of them because we were going to be taking some artistic license with the story. We follow it as closely as possible; this year we have the witches from the books coming into the show, but they do sort of stray a bit from the plot and characters. Some characters that in the books don't live, do in the show. So we read the first one to have a general idea of the show, but I haven't read past that.

Speaking of characters that live in one and die in the other, in the TV series, your relationship with Logan is a very important part. Whereas in the books, Logan dies fairly early on.

Yeah. He's sort of her connection between the two worlds in the first season: He lives in Toronto and he's dating a human, similar to her [Elena], and he's also her therapist. So it's a place for her to speak her truth and to really just be who she is. He's the only person he can talk to about trying to live in both worlds. They have that special bond and connection, for sure.

Now, of course, since I work for a website with “geek” in the name, and given that you have a background of somewhat geeky roles, such as Supergirl, would you consider yourself to be a geek in any way?

Yeah, I think so. Originally I wasn't. Prior to Smallville and Supergirl, I wasn't aware of the comic world or Sci-fi, really. I grew up watching Buffy. That was sort of my only “geekdom” there [wanting to be her]. But once I was cast as Supergirl and delved into the comicon universe, met the fans, learned the characters and understood how important they were to the mythology and the fans themselves, I think I would consider myself a geek now. I can definitely talk shop about comic books, special effects and the mythology behind the werewolves and superheroes. I'd love to be a part of a Marvel feature film or something like that and sort of expand on it.

I spoke with Greg [Bryk] the other day, and he had mentioned inviting you and the rest of the main pack [cast] over for dinner with his family, to create a bond between everyone that would resonate through the show. Is that something that you think has really helped create the dynamic that we see on screen?

Definitely. I'm sure Greg told you that with season one, we all hit it off immediately and just adored one another. There were no egos, everyone was just there to do good work. I think that, in a way, we developed relationships that our characters have on camera. Greg is our alpha. He is the man, the source, the energy that we go to both on set and off for advice. He's my relationship guru; I go to him when I need advice. His family is just incredible and his children are incredible, and the way that he fathers them impacts the way that he treats us as a pack on the show. And he genuinely cares about us off camera. So we have that kind of group mentality; hanging out, having birthdays together. We would get together before the wrap party. It's nice and it definitely helps. I had Steve Lund staying with me for around three weeks as my roommate here when he was in L.A., and we hung out with Greyston [Holt] and Michael Xavier. Even if we're not filming, we all still want to be a pack together.

I could tell, just by talking to Greg, just how important the relationships you guys have cultivated are, particularly to him. And I'm sure they're just as important to the rest of you.

Yeah, he's a phenomenal actor and one special man. I think we all have a huge place in our hearts for him. He's what has kept us all together, he's what got me through tough scenes, he gave me confidence when I wasn't sure. Both personally and professionally, he is incredible. He is our alpha.

To go back to Smallville and Supergirl for just a moment, Kara was a very emotionally stunted character because of who she was. Whereas, Elena is highly emotional and wears her heart on her sleeve. Do you find it refreshing to go from one extreme to the other, or do you consider that change more of a difficulty [despite the several years in between the two shows].

Supergirl, similarly to Elena, was a character that existed before I was attached to who they are. But Supergirl had more of a fan base that was specific on how she came across. She's an iconic superhero so there were boxes that I had to stay within. She did sort of contain her emotions and I had to play it the way that they wanted her. I think I got a bit of myself in there, but she was rather stunted. After that, I went right into V, in which I played an even more emotionally stunted character with Lisa. She had no emotion. She was almost robotic, which was actually really tough for me. You have to express everything through your eyes. She was a very soldier like character, and I think that was the toughest thing I've had to do on camera. It's just been a completely pleasure to play Elena, who wears everything on her sleeve and goes through every realm of emotion. In any one scene throughout and episode, she's all over the map, and I think that's the way most people are in real life. We have things that we're dealing with, ups an downs, and I think it's more realistic for the audience to see a character that is flawed like that. In season one especially, she broke down a lot, she was unsure of herself, of who she was or what she wanted. In this season, she's pretty much come into her own and accepted who she is. She is in fighting mode.

I was doing some research for the interview and saw mention that you have a black belt and a quite athletic background. I'm sure that it's all helpful, considering how many fight scenes there are in the series. Do you think you draw directly from any of your background for the show?

I started martial arts when I was 7, and had my second degree [black belt] by the time I was 19. After that, acting sort of took away from it, and I got busy and hadn't returned, but I think the ability and the training that I had growing up has definitely helped with the show. They let all of the actors do, I would say, 90%-95% of our own stunts, and it does help me with the physicality of Elena and makes it more realistic for the audience. They can see my face during fight sequences and not just a wig. I think it helped direct me to certain roles, like Supergirl. Very strong women. I actually wrote a children's book series about a young girls who is quirky and does martial arts, and she finds out that she's a superhero. I think martial arts had definitely led me to different paths throughout my life, and it's something that's helped me learn how to focus dedicate everything I had to whatever I'm working on.

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/bitten/24548 ... s-season-2

- Steve Lund adelanta sangre, brujas y el precio familiar en la S2 de Bitten (tvfanatic):
Steve Lund adelanta sangre, brujas y el precio familiar en la S2 de Bitten
Por Carissa Pavlica 17 Abril, 2015 7:30 am.

Bitten begins airing its second season tonight on Syfy at 9/8c with a two back-to-back episodes. We had a chance to chat with Steve Lund, who plays werewolf Nick Sorrentino, about what to expect.

If you haven't seen the series, Bitten Season 2 is a great place to jump on board and we've even chosen Lund as the official Bitten Ambassador for TV Fanatic because of his fan popularity as James Cogan AKA The Colorado Kid on Haven.

Check out excerpts from the interview below, watch tonight and check back here for a review after it airs.

What should viewers know about Bitten Season 2?

Bitten, unlike a lot of the other shows in the genre is a very family driven show. It's got a lot of heart to it. It has a very rich history that has allowed us to sink our claws into the material, for lack of a better term.

It's a show that is all encompassing. On one hand you could be entertained by the acrobatics of the fight scenes and without any warning be jerking tears out of your eyes. It's just so human and it's such a real family struggle you really connect to it and I think that's were we've had a lot of success in our fan group.

A lot of people who relate to these stories end up being parents or having a very strong presence of family in their own lives. Which sounds hilarious, because it's about wolves at the end of the day, but it's a really nice contrast to some other shows that are out there.

Bitten Season 2 has more of an ensemble feel as some of the focus is taken off of Elena. Nick, is more of a full-fledged member of the pack and he's grown into a man. What do you like most about playing Nick this season?

I was very, very blessed to be given such rich gifts by the writing team this year, who saw an opportunity for me to really blossom into this character. I feel like from day one I had a little bit of an ease when it came to embodying that character. I think in my own life I possess a lot of the boyish qualities that he does and a lot of the joking sides to Nick.

But there's a very sensitive side of myself in my personal life that were always thrust into positions of maturity very early on and I think that perhaps with the way the story line went it was very great for me to just adapt that as a person. I'm pretty novice in my acting career, so to be given material that has such a direct correlation so that I could live vicariously through the character so easily. That was just a lot of fun. So I grew as a character as Nick grew as a member of the pack.

Now I have to mention I was very privileged to be working with Tommie-Amber Pirie this season. I had heard her name around for years and always wanted the opportunity to work with her. Luckily, it was a unanimous decision and she knocked my socks off every single day and gave me something beautiful to play with, something rich to react to and something challenging to dare. It was an acting clinic that I'd never really experienced before.

There are new characters from the Otherworld book series are being introduced, which are witches. Canada's already had the opportunity to see them and we're up next. What has the reaction been and what do we have to look forward to?

We weren't really sure what people were going to think, but one thing we did know was we had a lot of strong actors. We were really lucky to have found some really fantastic talents to fill these roles because they were such huge responsibilities and we needed to make sure we had people who could not just shoulder the weight but could really elevate it and step into something that we had fostered over the past year and step it up a notch.

We were bestowing a lot of work onto them, and luckily enough it just worked out so perfectly. We've gotten some really terrific responses, we've got a few new fan favorites, we've got a few new opposite of fan favorites, we have some characters that fans just want to murder themselves, which is awesome!

It creates drama within the show and people really feel it on a visceral level because they have an emotional connection to us, so when these new characters come in, they get their backs up and eventually, depending on whether the character's a good guy or a bad guy, you can just watch the reactions happen and build over the course of the season and that's really exciting and exactly what we had in mind for this season.

Having never read the books, I never understood with the lack of females how the men get to be with women. After all, Rachel still isn't considered a part of the group. Introducing witches, however, as another supernatural presence is a really awesome idea.

Yeah, because as you were saying, the rules are that you are not allowed to be romantically involved with somebody. At least not to the point where love is introduced. There are certain needs that we have, but beyond that, it's a very black and white issue with us.

And as viewers, no offense to the writers, but we think all of the guys are kinda hot and we'd like to see you living our our fantasies on screen, so it's very important to us that females are introduced to make happen!

Well, you're right. You're not alone, apparently, in that group and they had ears for you guys. They're definitely listening to your requests! But it's interesting, you know. What if you put these male beings as these female beings who have very similar worlds, very similar rules, you know, what's going to happen there? It's like a bit of matchmaking going on.

It's a very interesting season dynamic. Can you tease what else we're going to see with regard to your back story this season?

You know, the first season was all about fathers. There were a lot of paternal issues that needed to be worked out, a lot of father/son stuff, a lot of really intense moments revolving around men and the themes that we face with them and also the love that we sometimes lose.

And I think with the introduction of women there's another theme in direct contrast with the first season and that is that we're dealing with mothers. With the addition of these witches comes a stronger female presence and therefore, thematically, we start to lean towards the exploration of our mothers. Because as wolves, we don't have mothers, you know? We're never able to see those people.

When you have a love like Clay and Elena have, as a wolf it's enviable. It's the only relationship that's been able to exist because of the fact that she's a werewolf. I think there's some exploration that may happen within that, but that's all I'm able to reveal at this point.

Any final words for fans before they start watching tonight?

If you thought the first season had a lot of blood, try amplifying that by about ten times and you will reach a number pretty close to the volume of blood you'll experience in Season 2.

Blood and women!

And I should say for fans of Nick out there, that my opening scene from the second season is loyal to my opening scene from the first season, so you can expect something a little bit similar. True to form, we'll say.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2015/04/bitten ... amily-far/

- Laura Vandervoort sobre el correr con la manada en la Season 2 de "Bitten" (EW):
Laura Vandervoort sobre el correr con la manada en la Season 2 de "Bitten"
Por Kiersten Ha 17 Abril, 2015

In season one of Syfy’s werewolf supernatural thriller Bitten, Elena Michaels, the only female werewolf in the world, tried to lead a normal life away from the demands of her werewolf family—her pack. But when renegade mutts threatened the pack’s way of life, Elena returned to the family home of Stonehaven to defend them. There, she confronted Clay Danvers, the lover she left behind—and the man who made her a werewolf.

Where does a pack of werewolves go after defending their home from the renegade mutt invasion in a season-ending bloody battle to the death? Star Laura Vandervoort, who plays Elena Michaels, talked exclusively with the Entertainment Weekly Community about Bitten‘s wild second season—and Elena’s possible future as pack alpha.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY COMMUNITY: Where do we pick up with Elena in season two, after so many traumatic moments at the end of last season?

LAURA VANDERVOORT: Our first episode picks up three days after the finale left off. Elena certainly dealt with a lot last season, which concluded in her losing her boyfriend, who was decapitated. The season premiere hits the ground running with the pack on the hunt for revenge. Unlike last season, season two sees Elena embracing her future, her inner strength and anger. Elena does not apologize for her actions this season; she knows what she wants. She is seeing red, kicking ass, and looking to do whatever it takes to extract revenge. But you will also see her softer side this season.

Bitten is a show about one woman surrounded by a lot of men. What’s it like to be the lone female wolf, who is one of the most powerful members of the pack?

Elena is an honor to play. She is a complex woman. Personally, playing the only female werewolf in the world has been great. I grew up a tomboy. I quickly became one of the guys in the cast, which was important to me. Elena needs to be an equal pack member to the men, and I feel like that comes across due to the dynamic I have with the wonderful men on our show. The love and respect we all have for one another bleeds into our chemistry on camera.

One of Elena’s biggest emotional hits in season one was learning the truth of how she became a werewolf, and Clay’s sacrifice on her behalf. How do she and Jeremy move on from that together?

You know, this was a huge blow for Elena. Discovering that the man she truly believed in and admired (Jeremy) had been lying to her all along was devastating. Her father figure, her leader, was in fact the one who attempted to kill her. The implications of this realization should be huge. But I suppose, in a way, after emotionally confronting Jeremy, in season two they seem to have just chosen to put it behind them. Greg and I were discussing this yesterday. There really is no discussion between them this season about it. No resolution. Just moving on and dealing with the current tasks at hand. Odd. Maybe it will come back to “bite them” (sorry, had to) down the road. However, I suppose that is how some families deal with sensitive issues. Here is the rug … here is the broom.

In season one, Elena was quite keen to separate herself from the pack and have a “normal” life. Does she still want to have that in season two, or is she now content to be permanently in the pack?

Her last attachment to the “normal” life was Philip. With Philip dead and gone, she realizes it truly was not a realistic dream to have. She put too many people at danger and was not really listening to her true feelings. Her heart and future are with Clay and the pack.

Elena and Clay are now together. What challenges will they face in season two, now that their romance is secure? Will we see more of their backstory?

They are together at last. However, that does not mean things will not get in their way. You will have to tune in!

There’s a baby on the way for the pack, which last season brought out some pretty antiquated attitudes toward the human mothers of werewolf children. How does Elena deal with Logan and Rachel’s pregnancy?

The only way she knows how—by supporting them, supporting her close friend and brother, Logan. She personally could not make the two worlds (human and werewolf) work in love, but she will do what she can to support and protect Logan and Rachel.

Jeremy had to deal with some tricky werewolf politics in season one. When I spoke with Greg Bryk last week, he said there will be more challenges to his leadership from the international werewolf council, and that Elena will play a role in those confrontations. Can you tell us more about that?

It is really as simple as Elena standing up to the international pack members very abrasively in Jeremy’s name. Following this, she simply and quietly turns back to Jeremy, eyes and head lowered (out of utmost respect), asking permission to leave the room. It is a simple thing, but a huge statement to the alphas about the power she is capable of—and a gesture of respect for Jeremy. I suppose, in a way, this was Elena’s peace offering to Jeremy, showing her forgiveness of Jeremy’s betrayal from last season.

Can you see a future on Bitten where Elena becomes the first female alpha?

I can! [Laughs.] But I do not know what the plan is. [Grins.] That is all up to our wonderful producers and writers. However, I adore Greg Bryk so much that I am not sure I would like to see it anytime soon. Greg is my rock on our show, and is the foundation for the pack. No need to go messing with things.

From a personal perspective, how has the show impacted your life? Are there things you’ve learned things from being Elena that you’ve held on to when you leave the world of Bitten?

Personally, I now have a group of incredible people in my life—a crew and cast that I adore. I have had experiences I will never forget. I have discovered I can cross certain thresholds (emotionally and physically) I previously felt I could not. It may sound corny, but I am more centered within myself after season one then I ever have been. I discovered during season one what I could handle and what I could not.

Huge thanks to Laura Vandervoort for giving us the inside skinny on Elena Michaels and season two of Bitten! Be sure to check out part one and part two of our interview with pack alpha Greg Bryk.

http://community.ew.com/2015/04/17/laur ... ew-bitten/

- Greg Bryk sobre el liderazgo, el amor y las brujas en la season 2 de "Bitten" (EW):
Greg Bryk sobre el liderazgo, el amor y las brujas en la season 2 de "Bitten"
Por Kiersten Hallie Krum, 10 Abr, 2015 | 12:00PM

In season one of Syfy’s werewolf supernatural thriller Bitten, Elena Michaels, the only female werewolf in the world, tried to lead a normal life away from the demands of her werewolf family—her pack. But when renegade mutts threatened the pack’s way of life, Elena returned to the family home of Stonehaven to defend them. There, she confronted Clay Danvers, the lover she left behind—and the man who made her a werewolf.

Eventually, Elena discovered Clay had turned her into a werewolf in order to protect her from his father, Jeremy Danvers, the pack alpha. When the renegade mutts attacked Stonehaven in the season finale, Elena, Clay, Jeremy, and the rest of the pack defended their territory in a bloody battle to the death.

In this exclusive interview, actor Greg Bryk, who plays pack alpha Jeremy Danvers, took some time to chat with the EW Community about what to expect in season two of Bitten. Let’s begin!

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY COMMUNITY: Where does season two pick up? Will we see fallout from that epic season one-ending battle?

GREG BRYK: It picks up three days later. Our adrenaline hasn’t even come down from the battle at Stonehaven. Malcolm has escaped, obviously. Elena is devastated from the trauma she’s just gone through. The alpha council has gathered from around the world and come to Stonehaven to question Jeremy’s ruling principals and the way he governs his pack. They threaten to take the pack away from him if he doesn’t deliver Malcolm to the council. And then we have witches that emerge, so it’s a spectacular trouble that the pack is in from all sides. For someone whose sole responsibility is to navigate troubled waters for the pack and to keep it safe and keep us together, all of these elements make it a very trying season for Jeremy. He has to draw on reserves to deal with the complex relationship with Malcolm and also this overwhelming power. The magic of the witches is difficult for us to contend with because we seem helpless in the face of what is an awesome power.

Bitten goes all witchy-woman this season. Has the pack always been aware of other supernatural creatures?

No, not at all! The witches reveal themselves to us and know so much about us, and we don’t know anything about them. Jeremy can deal with any kind of physical conflict, and imposing your will and might on someone else. He understands that field of battle. In one of the early episodes, one of the witches picks him up and makes him float through the air. The pack is helpless against the magic. It was such a male-dominated set, with obviously Laura [Vandervoort, who plays Elena Michaels] being this bit of light in a very dark, atmospheric world. The three witches, Ruth, Paige, and Savannah, brought this great female wisdom and power to the show, and we’re forced to recognize and honor it.

Is that one of the challenges Jeremy will have to manage with the werewolf council—the fact that these witches know so much about werewolves?

Very much so—particularly the youngest witch, Savannah. When the other alphas realize she knows about us, Jeremy is tasked with killing her, and makes a decision that on his land, in his pack, in his territory, he make the decisions. It is the coming together of worlds; I think the show very interestingly deals with leadership qualities and types of leadership. It moves from a patriarchy to a more intuitive style of leadership which acknowledges the feminine; it acknowledges the maternal and also has a nurturing quality. Those styles are definitely at the wedge of a lot of conflict this year.

Sounds like the overall world of the Bitten landscape is really being expanded.

Yeah, you have the global politics of all the other pack alphas coming together, and then you have something that almost transcends our dimensional understanding of reality—because the magic and the witches blows us into other realms, other possibilities. There’s an urgency to the earthly struggle, but then there’s this magical unknown quality, this uncertainty that also creates this enormous pressure psychologically because it’s unknown.

That’s a lot to deal with!

No kidding! And for a lot of this season, the pack is physically not together. We spent so much time forging a bond in season one; this year, we’re torn apart, and it puts the strength of those relationships to the test. For me, as a father, I always feel safest when I know where my kids are and I can protect them from whatever. But then you have to allow them to go and trust that they’re going to make good decisions, that they’re going to keep themselves safe. That is Jeremy’s burden this year.

You’re one of those, “Hey, it’s that guy!” actors. I can always turn on a genre show and be fairly confident that you’re going to pop up in it. But you’ve said publicly that Bitten in particular is a show that has a deep, personal effect on you.

I don’t think it’s an accident that the role came into my life when it did. I think you come to a point in your life where you start to wonder what does it mean to be a man, to be a father, to be a leader in your community. I went on this sort of personal journey, during which I started to volunteer in the inner city and my community, and helping out a lot of young men who were fatherless and at risk. So this idea of mentorship or leadership, of a positive masculine energy, was at the forefront of my consciousness as a person exploring. Then this role came along, which allowed me to have a vessel for that exploration and then take on a mentorship role with the young actors on the set and forge those bonds. And then also Jeremy deals with: What does it mean to be a leader, what does it mean to be a man? How do we deal with the violence and the need for control, for power? How do we learn to listen? How do we learn to be quiet? How do we learn to yield when yielding is necessary? So—I don’t say this glibly—the role has made me a better person because I felt that I had to become a fuller man in order to play it.

I know there’s that fantastical, thrilling element to Bitten and it’s a show about werewolves, but it’s also a show about family and about people. For me, it’s about a man becoming the fullness of what it can mean to be a man and a leader. The stakes are always so high as well, and you’re dealing with these prime emotions. I think the audience enjoys the thrill ride of it and the suspense and escapist elements, but I think we recognize truth too. We all, on some level, want to be loved. We’re social animals. We want the idea that someone loves us unconditionally. Someone will fight and protect and die for us if need be. Someone sees us for what we really are and loves us.

http://community.ew.com/2015/04/10/greg ... eason-two/

- Greg Bryk sobre la season 2 de 'Bitten': 'verdades escritas en sangre' (EW):
Greg Bryk sobre la season 2 de 'Bitten': 'verdades escritas en sangre'
Por Kiersten 14 Abr, 2015 | 11:00AM

Eventually, Elena discovered Clay had turned her into a werewolf in order to protect her from his father, Jeremy Danvers, the pack alpha. When the renegade mutts attacked Stonehaven in the season finale, Elena, Clay, Jeremy, and the rest of the pack defended their territory in a bloody battle to the death.

First read part one of our exclusive interview with actor Greg Bryk, who plays pack alpha Jeremy Danvers. Then read part two, below, where he talks to the EW Community about lost human mothers, werewolf babies, and the evolution of Elena.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY COMMUNITY: Jeremy and Elena really had a huge turning point in their relationship at the end of season one, when she found out the truth of why Clay turned her into a werewolf.

GREG BRYK: That’s one of my favorite parts of the show, the relationship between Jeremy and Elena; I also share that with Laura. I adore her. I think she’s just such a bright and dynamic young woman with such potential. I feel like such a mentor to her. I wish there was more in season two. It seems like the story, which is exciting, is so fast and furious and she’s dealing with so many things, and Jeremy is dealing with some things, so we did not have a lot of moments where we could touch base. There’s actually some beautiful moments toward the end where the alpha council has reconvened, and there’s a lot of pressure on Jeremy and Elena. We have this wonderful protecting-each-other moment in public.

I think it’s very clear to the audience where we are and what we mean to each other. I don’t know how long the series will go on, but to me, it’s very interesting to watch what I think will be her journey to become the alpha of the pack. For me, and for Jeremy, it’ll be very interesting to see that season of transition where you pass on whatever wisdom you have, and also learn from her as she is assuming that mantle of power … and how she deals with what is essentially a brutal, patriarchal society. It’s basically all men, it’s all bluster, and I believe it’ll be interesting to see how she does when that finally happens.

Alphas are often determined by fights to the death. Can an alpha cede his authority without his life being on the line?

It’s interesting historically whether an alpha has ever just ceded. It’s sort of like the Pope, I guess. I would think that even before he’s infirm or enfeebled in any way, if Jeremy saw that Elena was the strongest choice for the pack’s survival, he would cede it to her and then act as confidant, as consigliore. Jeremy first and foremost does what’s best for the pack, and when she’s best for the pack, that will be his choice.

We can’t talk about Elena and not talk about Clay. Clay is Jeremy’s son in everything but blood. Will we get to see more of that origin story and how Clay came to Jeremy?

There is a bit of an origin story, but more dealing with Malcolm biting Clay when he was a child and the history between Malcolm and Clay. We don’t touch very much on Jeremy raising or nurturing or bringing Clay to Stonehaven. That’s a tricky relationship too. Clay sacrificed himself for Jeremy in season one when he kept that secret, and almost lost the great love of his life because he held on to a lie to protect Jeremy and the pack. Even though there’s a forgiveness there, for Jeremy, there was such guilt. It’s such a heartbreaking thing to know a person you are in charge of protecting had done something like that for you—and that Jeremy allowed it. That’s very difficult. And yet in the relationships through this new season, you see fewer moments of us talking about our feelings, but more of how people relate to each other and care about each other in the action as it unfolds.

In season one, you touched on how young men/wolves are taken from their mothers and brought up by the pack. Certainly we saw that with Nicky and his father, Antonio. It’s a nice parallel there with Nicky dealing with that as an adult, and here comes Rachel and Logan and their pregnancy. And, of course, Rachel has been kidnapped.

Tremendous pressure is on Logan as the season opens because Rachel is gone and she’s pregnant. That’s a real struggle for Logan throughout the season: between responsibility to the pack and the rules as they have existed for us, and his desire to just be with her and not lose Rachel or not have to take the baby away. That’s a huge issue, and it’s a wedge between us, because he struggles with staying in the pack. And it’s hard. Logan wants to leave. For Jeremy, it’s a series of gentle and less gentle negotiations with keeping him—for the safety of both him and Rachel and the baby, keeping him with the pack and in the pack. There are some really tender scenes between us, and there’s also a couple of moments where Jeremy ends the discussion because there’s just a certain time when you need to be definitive about things.

For Nick this season, there’s a beautiful moment where he finds his mother. It’s such a lovely, lovely episode, where he has found his mother and he obviously doesn’t think that she knows who he is. That’s such a huge void. This year, as the show unfolds, the idea of the curse of the wolf is at the forefront because everyone still has that human side. Nick wants to have love the way Logan has love, the way Clay has Elena. He wants to be able to have kind of a normal life. I think there’s a longing for normalcy with everybody in the pack, this idea that something is missing. There’s something wonderful about the pack, something wonderful about that life, but there’s also something missing. There’s a longing and an ache that becomes more and more pronounced as the tension ratchets. We’re under more and more pressure; it blooms in some very interesting ways.

Bitten has such a high body count! Pete and Antonio’s deaths in season one were a strong signal that nobody is safe. Can we expect more of the same in season two?

The violence of the show picks up, and our fight coordinator builds some exquisite fights. The thing that I like most is that they’re exciting, but they’re character-driven. They’re part of the world. They are as much about nuance of character and personality and emotion as they are just about a battle.

Like Jeremy and his ax.

Yeah! They have me fighting all the time, and I love it. Nothing makes me happier than going home from a day at work all bruised and battered and sore. You feel like your body was used as it was meant to be used. There’s lots of that this year. We live in a world where people can die, can get killed. A lot of our truths are written in blood in this show. There are definitely some terrifying moments and some heartbreaking moments this year, and the audience will come along on this very harrowing journey.

The nice thing about the magic is, they’ve pivoted the tone. It’s a psychological thriller. The magic has added that. There’s an unsettling quality to it. We have a new director of photography this year, and the show looks so good.

Stonehaven is such a gorgeous set.

The visual palette is completely different this year. It looks like a completely different show. It is exquisite. Really spectacular.

The cast of Bitten is known for being as close off the set as the pack is on. It’s not a humorous show, but the rapport you and the others display offscreen seems to come through onscreen. The audience picks up on that dynamic, especially on social media.

I know I can speak for the cast, that we just feel blessed that here’s this incredible chemistry between everybody, and a genuine affection. We enjoy each other’s company, and we spend time together off set. We’ve become a little family. I cherish their friendships and feel blessed to have them in my life.

Our thanks to Greg Bryk for such a candid conversation. Check back later in the week for our interview with Laura Vandervoort, who plays Elena Michaels, Bitten‘s only female werewolf.

http://community.ew.com/2015/04/14/greg ... -part-two/

- Laura Vandervoort habla sobre la Season 2, los nuevos personajes y sus luchas favoritas (Collider):
Laura Vandervoort habla sobre la Season 2, los nuevos personajes y sus luchas favoritas
Por Christina Radish 17 Abril, 2015

Bitten, based on the best-selling urban fantasy series Women of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong, is back for an even more action-packed, gory and sexy second season on Syfy. This time around, Elena Michaels (Laura Vandervoort), the only female werewolf in the world, and her Pack are reluctantly forced to join forces with a trio of witches to defeat a mysterious and sociopathic enemy that is determined to take over the Otherworld.

During this exclusive phone interview with Collider, actress Laura Vandervoort (Smallville, V) talked about adding new characters from the books for a whole new dimension and supernatural layer, how much fun it is to play aspects of Elena, how things are for the werewolf Pack, at the beginning of the season, Elena’s new motherly side, relishing the darker moments, how Elena and Clay’s (Grayston Holt) relationship has evolved, the dynamic between the witches and the wolves, her favorite fight scene this season, and how fans should brace themselves for the season finale. Be aware that there are some spoilers, especially if you haven’t seen Season 1.

Collider: The last season of Bitten was pretty intense, but this season seems even more so. Was that fun to explore?

LAURA VANDERVOORT: It’s an intense season, for sure. We have new characters from the books joining us, which adds a whole new dimension and a supernatural aspect. It’s a different Elena this season, which was fun to play.

As a cast, you guys clearly formed a bond over the first season. How do you think that strengthened and enriched things even further, for your performances this season?

VANDERVOORT: The whole cast hit it off immediately in Season 1, which was great. So, we were actually excited to get back to work, just to see each other. I think it helps with the scenes. It’s obvious that we actually do care about one another, like the Pack would. I think we were all just more comfortable within our character and within ourselves and with one another, to explore and try new things.

A lot of really intense things happened in the Season 1 finale. What can you say about where things are at with the Pack, when things pick back up for Season 2?

VANDERVOORT: We pick up three days after the finale of Season 1. People who saw the finale last year know that it ended on a big cliffhanger. Philip’s head was in Elena’s bed. He was decapitated. And Clay and Elena were hanging on by threads, as a couple. This season, we hit the ground running, at the beginning of the season. We’re after revenge. Elena is in assassin mode. She definitely has accepted who she is, her fate and her future. Unlike last season, she isn’t apologizing for her behavior. She is acting on instinct and passion. She’s bloodthirsty. The Pack is on the hunt, looking for Malcolm. And Logan’s girlfriend is pregnant, and that’s a whole other storyline. The Pack is concerned for her safety. And then, the witches come in, which throws everything off. But, it’s been great for me to have more women on the show. Elena almost develops a motherly instinct with one of the witches, and a nurturing side. So, while she’s in assassin mode and is a killing machine, she’s also got this juxtaposed motherly compassion. It was fun. In Season 1, she was just torn between her two worlds and angry with what her future would hold. And this season, all bets are off.

How does the rest of the Pack feel about Elena’s new-found confidence?

VANDERVOORT: I think they embrace it. I think it’s a little scary for them because they haven’t seen that side of Elena, and it’s scary for her. She has always been in control, in a way, and has been trying to control her destiny. They haven’t seen her just let go and take charge. She’s making demands, and she’s suggesting things. She is divided from the Pack this season. One of the books is called Stolen, so she is kidnapped and taken away from the boys for quite a few episodes. It was different for me not to be working with the boys, and for Elena to have to handle situations on her own. She has to be strong and methodical. It was almost like a completely different show for me, filming without the boys.

What did you most enjoy about playing all of these new aspects of Elena?

VANDERVOORT: Like most actors, you want to explore every nook and cranny of a character, and they allowed me to do that, this season. There was only so far we could go, with her being torn between the worlds, before she had to make her decision. After what happened to Philip, there was no real decision to be made, at that point. She’s destined to be with Clay. It is fun for me. It was definitely interesting, while doing the scenes, to discover things about Elena, as we went, and relate to her in new ways, as well. The writers know my love for gore and horror films, so they wrote that in for me. There’s lots of blood and lots of creepy artistic scenes. There’s one episode, in particular, where she’s in her own mind palace, and it’s almost like she’s on drugs and tripping.

There’s such an interesting dichotomy with this character because she is beautiful, but she’s also quite deadly, and we really get to see just how deadly she can be, this season. Do you find it difficult to go to the dark places, as an actor, or do you relish those moments?

VANDERVOORT: I honestly relish them. I love female empowerment, and showing that women are strong and can take care of themselves. I lean more towards the dark and disturbing, and the drama. That’s my passion to play. It’s almost harder for me to be light-hearted and smile, especially as Elena. In Season 1, there were more times when she was supposed to be having a great time and laughing, and that was very strange for me. I’m glad this season had kick-ass stunts and blood, and more drama.

Where do you see Elena and Clay, at this point? Do you feel like they’re solidly together, or will they still have some things to work out?

VANDERVOORT: With Philip out of the picture, one would expect that Clay and Elena would be in their nice little nesting stage, as a couple who’s finally together, but things will get in the way of that. Like with any show, there are going to be obstacles for the lead characters. You can’t just have them be happy. It doesn’t make for an exciting television series. There will be a lot getting in the way. Sometimes Elena and Clay aren’t exactly who they appear to be to one another, and they have to figure that out.

We also get a lot deeper into the wolf politics this season. Did you enjoy having that balance between the political and the personal?

VANDERVOORT: We do bring in Alphas from all over the world, and we expand the realm of just our little Pack at Stonehaven. You’ll see the Pack mentality and rules, which is interesting. That is in the books, and they do have to obey those rules, but Elena likes to break the rules, especially when it comes to people that she cares about and wants to protect. It’s nice to see that she does stand up to the Alphas from all over, that come to Stonehaven, and she stands up for her Alpha, which was a fun scene for Greg [Bryk] and I. So, it’s nice to have the politics and the structure that the wolves have to follow, but at the same time, you can’t expect us to always follow them. These rules were made centuries ago and times have changed. Because the Pack is young and thriving and energized, they want the rules to evolve with the times.

What can you say about the dynamic between the witches and the wolves?

VANDERVOORT: It’s interesting because we don’t want people to know about our existence. We had no idea the witches existed, so when they come into our lives, it throws everything off balance. There’s this other world and a species of women that we didn’t know existed. Elena is the only female werewolf and there are no male witches, so it’s the opposite. We get characters on the witches side who reflect our characters, and they team up together. At first, there is a sense of not being able to trust anyone, but they do realize they have to be able to work together. We can use our strength and our abilities and they can use their powers, to work together as one.

How was it to not only have extra female characters around, but to have those actresses on set?

VANDERVOORT: I love working with boys, and I’m one of the boys. I made sure, in Season 1, that they accept me as one of the guys and don’t treat me differently, and they haven’t. But now, with the girls and women and set, it’s funny to just take sides. We joke around about it, on set. The women who came onto the show are just as wonderful as our other cast, and everyone just blended in very well. But it was nice to have that female energy on set, for sure.

The Season 1 finale was a big one and not everyone survived it. What should fans brace themselves for this season, leading up to the finale? Should they expect lots of bloodshed and that not everyone will survive again?

VANDERVOORT: Yes, you should expect lots more bloodshed, especially by Elena’s hand. And you can expect a pretty nasty cliffhanger and a big shock.

Is it weird to be on a show where you essentially have to get naked with your co-stars and pretend to turn into a werewolf, or is that a total bonding experience and something you all just have a laugh about?

VANDERVOORT: In Season 1, it was a little odd, going through the change, as a wolf, while you’re naked. The guys are all very comfortable, but I needed to ease into it. This season, the comfort level is much greater and I was able to do a little more. There’s less nudity for Elena this season, which is nice. I got away with less. And we do joke about it. The grunting is awkward, when your bones are breaking and your shifting and you’re on all fours. Greyson [Holt] and I laugh between our love scenes. It’s all very technical. It’s a little bit of a strange job, but for me, the show is a drama. It’s about the characters and their journey, and the acting. I don’t even really think about the fact that we’re werewolves. That was the last thing that sold me on the characters. That was actually the thing that made me concerned about doing the role. What came first was Elena and her strength and her story. I actually almost sometimes forget that I play a wolf because I don’t see it like that.

You do get to be pretty bad-ass on this show. Is there any one specific fight or action sequence that you most enjoyed getting to do, this season?

VANDERVOORT: There were a few, but one in particular was a rather long fight sequence that we rehearsed the weekend prior. It went on for 10 minutes, and we were rolling around. I had a lot of fun doing it. We have a wonderful stunt coordinator. I grew up doing martial arts, and he knows my ability, what I want to do and what I’m capable of. He allows me to do a lot more than what most stunt directors would allow because he knows I have fun with it. It was great, rolling around in the dirt in a barn. And I do win the fight, which is always nice.

http://collider.com/bitten-star-laura-v ... te-fights/

- Bitten Q&A: Season 2, Episode 1 (SyFy):
Bitten Q&A: Season 2, Episode 1
Por Bryan Enk 18 Abril, 2015 - 10:23

We have a lot to discuss and ponder after every episode of Bitten ... and so do the people who make the show! Each week different cast and crew members will answer questions about the latest episode, providing an exclusive behind-the-scenes look into the world of Bitten.

Season Two kicks off with Laura Vandervoort (Elena Michaels), Greyston Holt (Clay Danvers) and Executive Producer J.B. Sugar. See what all the howling's about below!

You guys had a big Season Two launch party. What was that like?

LAURA VANDERVOORT: It was great! We had cast and crew; we watched the first two episodes on a nice big screen in the basement of a hotel, which was great. Yeah, it was awesome!

GREYSTON HOLT: That sounds bad, but it was actually good!

LAURA: Haha, yeah, it was a really nice hotel. And I think we were just really pleased with everything that we saw. It looks epic, it looks cinematic this year. With the witches and everything it just has a different quality to it.

What was it like seeing that finished episode up there? What were your reactions to it as a viewer seeing it for the first time?

GREYSTON: Amazing. Naturally you just forget storylines; you're given ten episodes of information, so it was nice to get refreshed on the episodes and to see it. I was kind of shocked by some twists and turns to, "Oh yeah! THAT happens! Right!" There's so much packed into this season.

LAURA: We shot them out of order as well. We shot Episodes Two, Three and then One, so I think we forgot how the opening sequence went and what happens in it, so it was like watching it as a viewer and not being a part of the show, because we were all surprised.

GREYSTON: I got lost in the show. I was trying to watch it objectively, but I'd just get lost in it. It was great.

So take us back to the first day on set for Season Two. So much time has passed between shooting Season One and Season Two; does it feel kind of like a first date or is it like, "Yeah, we got this, we know this"?

GREYSTON: Yeah, it's like "We got this." We were so fortunate to get a second season, and going into a second season we know our characters so well, we know the crew very well, so it's just nice to be back with the family.

LAURA: We were all just excited to hang out again.

Did the fan reaction to Season One surprise you? Obviously you're confident, you know the scripts are good, you know your directors and your fellow actors are good, but at the same time when you put that out there in the world and it does as well as it did ... what did that feel like, knowing that it became the hit that it did?

GREYSTON: It felt great. You never know until the viewers see it, but we know that we did the best work we could possible do. It's tough adapting from books; you have to please those fans, too.

LAURA: But they seemed very happy, especially on social media.

GREYSTON: I think initially there was some backlash; there always is. Reading a book is so subjective; you have an idea of the characters in your own head, but I think the haters grew to love us and the lovers just grew to love us more.

LAURA: And this season is going to be incredible, they're going to love the show even more than they did in the first season.

There was so much in this premiere; there were a lot of great moments. Do you guys have a favorite moment?

GREYSTON: What happened? I like how it opens when [Elena] just kicks open the door.

LAURA: It's exactly the pace Elena is on this season. It's symbolic of where she is; she's just taking down doors, pulling people off stalls, seeking revenge.

What has been the most fun part of making Bitten?

GREYSTON: Meeting Laura Vandervoort.

LAURA: Meeting Greyston Holt.

GREYSTON: I think the most fun as just been building this family. From the first day of filming Season One we just became friends instantly.

LAURA: It's developing the relationships. Especially with Greg [Byrk], who plays Jeremy. He really is our Pack Alpha.

GREYSTON: He's our foundation.

LAURA: Yeah, he's the go-to for advice off-camera. He's very poetic and openhearted.

What’s your favorite part about Elena, Laura?

LAURA: I would have to say her strength; but her inner strength, not her exterior. She has been through so much in her life. She's strong and she's able to overcome a lot of things. She has skeletons in the closet that we saw in the first season, as a child who was molested. That was an intense episode. The fact that she's able to overcome the bite and come out this season on the strong end and empowered; I love that about her.

Greyston, what do you like about Clay?

GREYSTON: One of my favorite things about playing Clay is that it's fun to play a character that has so much angst and anger and violence boiling under the surface. It's fun to keep a cap on that and then also lash out and be impulsive at times. So that's just an interesting thing to be conscious of when I'm in that character.

LAURA: But Clay is so quiet and gentle-natured, but when you see the way Greyston plays it, it's always very impressive. He plays both levels.

What is it like for you two shooting physically intense scenes, like your fight scene in Episode One?

LAURA: We love it.

GREYSTON: Yeah! Laura has a background in karate, but this show is the first time I've done fight choreography, so I've really enjoyed it. Laura's amazing at it.

Laura, do you give Greyston pointers?

LAURA: No, no. We have two different fighting styles. He is very brute force …

GREYSTON: Clay Smash!

LAURA: Yeah, exactly. Elena is more stylized.

GREYSTON: You're quick with your hands; very choppy. I'm more bear-huggy.

Tell is a little about Elena and Clay’s relationship in Season Two. They seem to be doing pretty well, right?

GREYSTON: Yeah, as well as you can be doing in that situation, but we're back together.

LAURA: But it doesn't mean that things won't get in the way of their relationship this season.

As actors, what's it like shooting intimate scenes? We've been told something may have happened with a towel, or lack thereof.

LAURA: Oh yeah. So in the scene [Greyston] has a towel on as he walks in and obviously he's supposed to have just gotten out of the shower. While we were filming his towel dropped … but he was wearing underwear.

GREYSTON: It was a sock.

LAURA: Really? I blocked that one out.

GREYSTON: Yeah, whenever I do my nude scenes I wear a sock. I'd do them completely nude, but it's for the comfort of the crew.

LAURA: The first season they specially made socks for all the boys.

Really?

GREYSTON: Yeah, everything could fit in. This season it's just more of a pouch, so it looks really silly when you're fully nude.

LAURA: I just keep my eyes averted.

J.B., watching the episode, what was your favorite scene?

J.B. SUGAR: It's really hard; it's like trying to choose your favorite child. I really love the opening, bringing back Nate Parker who was a tertiary character in the first season. Then we open the second season with him in this mysterious compound, which is also a good seed for where the storylines are headed this season. That whole sequence has such an edge to it and we get a wolf transformation right off the bat. The visual style of that whole sequence really sets the tone for the second season and I love that scene.

We got to see the witches a little bit in this episode. What can you tell us about the importance they're going to play in Season Two?

J.B.: Yeah, we introduce witches into the pantheon of characters this year and it was a really behemoth task for our writing team with Daegan Fryklind, Will Zmak, Jen Engles, Larry Bambrick and Garfield Miller. We really had infuse this new mythology into the existing mythology and with that comes a whole new set of visual effects and special effects. It really does open up the story in great and interesting ways and also brings some new female energy into the show as well.

LAURA: Finally!

What was it like filming the fight scene between Malcolm and Jeremy in this episode? You were both there in the room with them, what was it like to see?

LAURA: First off, both of them were incredible. I think it was James McGowan's [Malcolm] first time doing stunts and he loved it; he was on a high that day, he thought it was great. Our characters couldn't partake in the fight because it's sort of Pack Law that you have to let the Alpha handle it. As much as we wanted to step in, for the audience wondering, we weren't allowed!

How closely will Season Two follow the plot of the book series?

J.B.: We've been really blessed with this crossover, being able to bring in fans of the book series and try to convert them to fans of the TV series as well. The plot for the first season was very heavily grounded in Bitten, the first book in the Otherworld series. The second season is a little more off-book. There are some notions and big plot devices that are still part of the season, but it's more about the characters. We do get to visit a lot of the backstory that's peppered throughout the entire book series throughout the season, so there will be some great moments to look out for.

So we get some origins stuff?

J.B.: Origins stuff indeed. Paige and Ruth Winterbourne and Savannah Levine, those are all huge fan favorites in the book series and we introduce them as characters, but the plots really do evolve and there's a lot of invention this year. Some things do parallel the books, so it will be interesting to see how fans of the books, and of the TV series, react.

Along with Season Two, a brand new digital companion site to Bitten was launched. It’s called The Undoing and it takes the viewers deeper inside the storylines. How exciting is it to have this website all about Bitten?

GREYSTON: it’s great. It’s just another way for fans to get involved with show. It’s interactive, it gets into the mythology and back story, and it’s a beautifully done website. It’s amazing.

J.B.: We're extremely proud of it and it's a great extension of the show and a way to give fans a deeper experience and look into the mythology and some mysteries that are seeded to pay off later in the season. So there are some real Easter eggs in there.

http://www.syfy.com/bitten/blog/bitten- ... yston-holt

- Q&A: La estrella de “BITTEN” Laura Vandervoort habla sobre el sexo y los hombres lobo (fangoria):
Q&A: La estrella de “BITTEN” Laura Vandervoort habla sobre el sexo y los hombres lobo
Por Chris Alexander 21 Abril, 2015 - 5:12 pm

If judged solely by its glossy promotional campaign, the hit SyFy series BITTEN (based on the best-selling WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD novels by Kelley Armstrong) might look like post-TWILIGHT pablum aimed squarely at a young, swoony female demographic. And perhaps, on a certain level it is. But a deeper analysis– i.e, actually, y’know, watching the show– reveals a much more layered mythology with a dark heart to offset its soap opera steeped narrative thrust.

And of course, there’s Laura Vandervoort. The Canadian born actress, who is perhaps best known for playing Kara Kent (a/k/a Supergirl) in TV’s SMALLVILLE, here stars as Elena, an attractive, intelligent Toronto woman who also happens to be the only known female werewolf in existence. And though she tries in vain to live a “normal” life with her boyfriend, she finds it increasingly difficult to keep her animalistic nature at bay.

Vandervoort (who also recently appeared in the series HAVEN) is BITTEN’s anchor; a strong, feminine and heroic monster who has a vulnerability that serves as an easy entry point into the show’s elaborate, often ludicrous, but always compelling drama. BITTEN returned for a second season last week and FANGO caught up with Vandervoort during her brief promotional tour.

FANGORIA: I’ve not read the books but does BITTEN stay close to the mythology or does it drastically deviate from the page?

LAURA VANDERVOORT: Well, the first season was closer to the books than the second is shaping up to be, mainly because we wanted to make sure the fans were happy; but yes, we did have to veer off the path this time more than last season. Characters that should have died off stick around and other characters that don’t appear until later in the series, show up early. That’s just necessary for television, to propel it all forward. And I should mention that this season we have the witches from later books joining us…

FANGORIA: With all these irreverent strains of supernatural species, BITTEN is sort of a less explicit and lurid answer to TRUE BLOOD. That said, the idea of the werewolf is still heavily tied to sexuality and Elena certainly has an interest in such things…

VANDERVOORT: Definitely. Our werewolves are animals, of course and have that base nature to them but the more explicit sexuality was in season one; there was a much more sexual drive to the show, but this season is more about personal issues than sexual. Elena is separated from her path; she gets to be with her lover Clay and there is sex but it’s more emotionally based. She is dealing with the death of her human boyfriend and seeking revenge… but she still has her needs!

FANGORIA: Did you get to have more creative input into Elena’s arc in this season?

VANDERVOORT: The first season we were all trying to find our footing and please many people so we stuck to the page. But now, the main cast is more comfortable in their skins and the writers are now writing more to our strengths as actors, and they are open to more creative input. But ultimately we don’t need to say much because we trust their pens…

FANGORIA: Historically, horror entertainment has had a dearth of strong females, but there has been a big shift in recent years…

VANDERVOORT: It goes outside of horror. In TV and film in general, women are getting the upper hand everywhere and I’m thankful for this. These are the roles I intentionally go after, like Supergirl, an iconic role, and Sadie in INSTANT STAR. I love watching movies and shows and seeing women who can take care of themselves. I’m late to the party and just started catching up with GAME OF THRONES and actually just kind of jumped in this season (laughs) so I’m trying understand what’s going on but the main thing that strikes me is just how many incredibly empowered women there are on that. It’s incredible.

FANGORIA: They are empowered but they don’t sacrifice their sexuality for that power which is refreshing…

VANDERVOORT: Exactly, I agree.

FANGORIA: There’s been a clear arc in your career, but after landing such a strong, starring role, where do you want to go next?

VANDERVOORT: I’m a workaholic, a little bit OCD and a control freak. I do have goal and I’m happy at the speed I’m going. I grew up doing martial arts and I really believe that helped center me and emotionally prepare me for this business. But I want to do more feature films.

I want to do period pieces. Comedies. Action films. I’m an actor first and I want to try everything. I need to be challenged and terrified. And really, I just want to keep working. There’s always someone creeping behind you trying to take over what’s you’ve built and you have to be prepared for that so I think my main goal is just to age well in this industry and just stay engaged and employed.

FANGORIA: Supergirl must have been your first taste of serious fandom but do you get weirder fans now that you’re a werewolf?

VANDERVOORT: (Laughs) Noooo… not really. I can honestly say that my fans are awesome. They’re by and large educated on the books and the shows and it’s always astonishing and amazing. I have the fans that have tattoos of my face on their bodies and I look at that as flattering and appreciative of what I’m doing. It’s not weird. It’s not creepy. It’s wonderful.

The fans make the show. They tweet with us, they engage with us, they make us stuff. SMALLVILLE has the most rabid fans, of course. I mean, outside of Helen Slater and the new SUPERGIRL series, I was the first Supergirl on TV. That fan base will be with me for life.

FANGORIA: What’s your favorite werewolf movie?

VANDERVOORT: Ummm… don’t laugh… TEEN WOLF, because of Michael J. Fox.

http://www.fangoria.com/new/qa-bitten-s ... erewolves/

- Laura Vandervoort adelanta lo que está por llegar en BITTEN (mytakeontv):
Laura Vandervoort adelanta lo que está por llegar en BITTEN
Por Amrie 01 Mayo, 2015

BITTEN Season 2, while finished in Canada, is airing Friday nights on Syfy and I can’t turn away! I’ve managed to stay spoiler free this year, and every new episodes brings something I’m not expecting. To celebrate the US airing of the show, I spent some time chatting with Elena herself, Laura Vandervoort, about what’s different this season, what comes next, and why people should watch!

Congrats on the success of the show. The book is great, the show is great. Fans really seem to be loving Season 2.
Well, thank you! I appreciate that. We all really work hard. I’m glad that the fans are happy, especially fans of the book.

It’s gotta be hard to take a story that so many people know – we see it happening a lot now with YA novels – taking a story that someone has read and loved. What kind of stress is there in bringing that to life in a way that book readers find peace with?
It’s the obvious things – the first season, I think moreso the actors, were a little concerned with [laughs] fans of the books hating us or hating the casting or not thinking the way that the characters sound in their head when they’re reading. So there was that pressure on us, but I do feel like the fans that weren’t perhaps happy with certain things realized that it actually works and makes sense as they watch the show, and that the show as a take on the novels; we do obviously pull a lot of stuff from it, and it is based on it, but it’s television. We have to speed things up. We have to introduce characters earlier; kill people off later. It is what it is, but they seem very happy. I am talking to fans at conventions and online on social media; I think this season is phenomenal. I think it looks very different from the first season, dramatically, and we’re all more comfortable and I think that comes across.

You point out it looking different – there is a noticeable shift. I’m really enjoying what we’ve seen down here in the US so far! We’re really getting to know more backstory about more of these people that we love.
Yeah, we have a new DOP, Director of Photography, so it’s a different style, different art. Everyone has their own hand at how they do everything…our new DOP, who I worked with when I was very, very young, so we knew each other. He’s very artistic with his lighting, so he knows what he really wants the shots to look like. We did some really creative stuff this year, in certain episodes, when introducing characters that just looks like it needs to be on the big screen. He did an amazing job.

Talk a little bit about this season, and maybe what we’ll see beyond the first few episodes? We have witches now, we have Clay and Elena in a sort of good spot.
I’m going to get in trouble if I say too much [laughs] and I always say too much. That’s my problem – I don’t know how to stop talking! This season, yeah, the witches join us. For me, it was nice to have the women on set, because I was one of the only women last year! The pack, we do have to deal with some new evil forces that we didn’t know existed in the world, similar to them not knowing that we existed as werewolves. I am separated from the pack during a couple of episodes, similar to one of the books, “Stolen,” so Elena’s sort of forced to handle business on her own, and also you see a motherly side of her. There is a young witch that she sort of takes under her wing, or claw, or whatever you want to call it [laughs]. Elena, last season, she was hemming and hawing about where she belonged, and she was very uncertain and hated what she was and what they stood for. This season, she’s accepted it, with what she dealt with in the finale last year. She’s got no real ties to the human world anymore, so she’s definitely rolling with the pack and back with Clay. That doesn’t mean that things won’t get in the way of her and Clay being together, and she’s obviously still mourning Phillip and his death, so she’s a little emotionally detached from Clay. Not physically [laughs]. Just emotionally! I mean you can’t blame her, right? There’s more of a kick ass Elena, 2.0, this season. A lot of fights; I trained really hard the second season to be physically capable in a lot of the fight sequences I knew i had coming up. And it’s more of a psychological thriller this season. A lot of the characters being forced to deal with their own fears and problems. Not everyone makes it out alive!

When I first heard about the show and the books, so many things are run by men; I really like that Elena is a strong woman that does take things into her own hands.
Yeah, we are seeing a shift in television and film now, with women being the more dominant characters, the strong characters. Strong women, like The Avengers, you have ScarJo. We’re seeing a lot of female super heroes on the big screen, and I’m really proud of that. I just started watching GAME OF THRONES. I’m very late, jumping on this train. And I just started watching this current season, so I have no idea what’s going on, but I do like seeing all of the women on this show, they’re strong. And they don’t lose their sexuality while being these women in power. They’re smart and strong, and it’s really nice to see that shift. Elena being the only female in her world, and within that pack, she’s obviously got to maintain her strength and show that she deserves to be there. Her close pack, the boys, they all accept her, and she is an equal, but within the werewolf world, the other leaders around the world, who you do see this season, she’s sort of got to prove herself.

You’re hearing good things or better things from some of the book readers – what are fans saying to you now? What are people saying, do they have all of these questions, what has been fan reaction so far from Season 2?
It just finished airing in Canada, so we had reaction throughout the whole season from fans; without giving anything away! It seems like Season 1 were questioning a few things and a little unsure. This season, our fanbase has definitely grown. Everyone is thrilled with what they’re seeing; they’re surprised with a lot of the things that we’re doing this season. We have really great fans. There’s a group of girls who have BITTEN parties; I’m sure there are others, too. They use cutouts and create BITTEN drinks and create clothing with BITTEN stuff, so there’s that excitement about it, which is nice. The cast and I are very social with them online through social media to show just how much we appreciate all of it, you know? I don’t think a lot of casts do that. I think all of us really get it; we’ve been fans of shows. I know what it would have felt like had Sarah Michelle Gellar back in the day on Twitter had tweeted me during BUFFY, I get that.

I do notice that with your cast. There are casts that you can tell might have been told by the network to tweet and aren’t great at interaction, but you all seem to enjoy the show as fans, not just as actors.
You don’t have to ask us to! Last season, we just all tweeted because we were so excited. This season, the same thing. I mean, they are trying to schedule some of the actors on certain nights so fans know who will be live tweeting to directly talk to them. But even if two of us are designated to a night, we’re all still tweeting [laughs].

You mentioned training more for Season 2 – what kind of training did you put yourself through?
Leading up to Season 2, for me, I grew up doing martial arts, and I’m into the fighting part of the show, for sure, I love it, but just keeping up the stamina with the hours that we have, and getting enough sleep, memorizing the lines, the emotional side of the day, and trying to keep up really, and fueling yourself with sleep and food and whatever, maybe on weekends, some alcohol [laughs]. I do spin. I do hot yoga and pilates and for season 2, I started training with a friend of mine, a phenomenal trainer here in LA, Michelle Lovitt, and she kicked my butt with a lot of circuit training and tension bands. We didn’t want to bulk up too much, but we definitely wanted to show that she is worthy of being the only female werewolf, so defining muscles and that sort of thing. I tried to maintain it as much as I could while filming, but it’s a little more difficult when you work the crazy hours and want to sleep. I’m sure my makeup artist would appreciate it if I got a little more sleep. She’d have less bags to cover! [laughs]

There are so many werewolf stories, supernatural stories that we’ve seen – do you have to avoid other stories, other movies to not let it inform you, or do you research other portrayals and see what to do or not to do?
I don’t really go seeking other sources; I don’t think any of us do. I mean, I speak for myself, but I’m a fan of the sci-fi world and I grew up doing sci-fi, and I always just look at the page and for this, look at the book, to see how I want to portray it. I mean, obviously, there’s Michael J Fox’s TEEN WOLF. [laughs] I’ve seen all of those movies, but this is a little different!

Probably a lot of basketball….
A lot of basketball, some musical numbers. The only thing we really have to do as wolves is the transformation scene, which is a lot of grunting and moaning.

What is the process of filming that?
That was a concern when I signed onto the project. I didn’t want, you know, the immediate thought is “is this going to be cheesy?” We don’t really ever look like wolves ourselves. It’s stripping down, because that’s how we save clothes and money; you have to take your clothes off before you transform so you don’t rip it. It’s the physical side of it, for us as humans. It really just goes right into visual effects, outside of me opening my mouth for them to visually put in canines growing, we really haven’t had to do much.

Bad visual effects can change a performance, can change a show. I like what is done on BITTEN because it’s seamless.
Oh well, thank you! That’s nice to hear – it’s important to us. We are werewolves, but that is sort of the B plot to the show. The main part of the show is the relationships and the struggles and all of that.

I think that’s what makes it relateable, too, because no one is really a werewolf in real life, but can 100% understand or relate to the emotional side!
That’s good. I’m glad you feel that way!

Do you get a chance to watch a lot of TV in your free time?
I don’t really watch much television. I did start watching BLOODLINE, a Netflix original series that I really like. I’m more into the documentaries, like I was watching THE JINX, then THE STAIRCASE. I watch a lot of DATELINE. Kind of morbid I guess [laughs]

I watch DATELINE, and their slogan is always “don’t watch alone” and I’m like, yeah, I know, because I”m convinced that the murderer on the show is then coming after me.
Oh yeah, for sure. And then it’s like my dog moves in her sleep when I’m watching it, and I’m terrified. I don’t know why but I keep watching!

What is it about BITTEN that makes it a show people should be watching?
This is always a hard question because I don’t want to like be pushing the show on people that haven’t seen it [laughs], and I don’t want to sound like a salesperson, but if I speak genuinely, the fans, they continue to love the show. They were fans of the books before; they’re thrilled with what we’re doing. It’s not just a sci-fi show! It’s about family; it’s about loss, it’s about love. We have phenomenal stunt sequences and action. A lot of blood and gore, but I honestly, truly feel like, no matter what sort of television you like to watch, you can find something within this show that you like or relate to. I’m shocked that members of my family that I never would think would watch this show actually genuinely like and watch it, and want to know what’s going to happen next week. It’s different age groups, as well, so I think just give it a try! No pressure [laughs]!

http://www.mytakeontv.com/2015/05/01/la ... on-bitten/

- “Bitten” By The Acting Bug-A Chat With Greyston Holt (greetergrammer1):
“Bitten” By The Acting Bug-A Chat With Greyston Holt
08 Mayo, 2015

I’ve interviewed renowned gardener Mike Stefancsik on numerous occasions. I happened to run into him one day at the Westside Safeway back in 2008 and while we were chatting near the dairy section the conversation switched to his grandson who was starring in a new movie that had just been released. It was Slapshot 3 The Junior League. Mike is the epitome of a proud grandfather and he urged me to get a copy and watch it. I did. And I’m going to be totally honest, it wasn’t the greatest movie I’ve ever seen—tough to top the original Slapshot with Paul Newman but nevertheless there were some funny moments—The Hanson Brothers were back, Leslie Neilson brought some credibility to it and I have to say I thought Greyston was really good as the male lead. I could see his potential. Not only is Mike a great grandfather he is a good PR man too. When Greyston was in town visiting he called me and asked if I’d be interested in doing a TV interview with him. And I did. A couple of times in fact. I have to say Greyston is a wonderful, down-to-earth young man who has earned his way to bigger and better roles never forgetting his roots and the importance of family. Right now Greyston has an integral part in the hit series for Space TV called Bitten. Again, he was very gracious and took some time out to answer these question. I’m thinking Grandpa remains incredibly proud.

I’m only doing this interview because I can’t get your grandfather off my back from constantly telling me how proud he is of you. (just kidding but he is pretty damn proud of you.) Before we get into your career in acting talk about your relationship with your grandpa and your memories of coming to Lethbridge.

I’ve always been extremely close to my grandparents. From the age of six I would spend a month or two every summer with them along with my cousins. The first couple years were out at their farm near Picture Butte and the remainder, until age 15 or 16, were at their home in West Lethbridge. My cousins and I would pick veggies from the garden with Nagymama, play dice, watch Nagypapa tend to his Bonsai’s, bike around West Lethbridge and EAT LOTS OF HUNGARIAN FOOD. Absolutely my fondest memories from childhood.

When did you first get the acting bug?

I took an acting class in high school on a whim to fill out my arts credits and I loved it.

What was your first big break?

It’s kind of hard to put a finger on my first “big break”. I was on a show called Durham County which solidified in my mind that I could actually have a career in acting. On the other hand as far as exposure is concerned Bitten has been my biggest project to date.

Is acting something that can come naturally to someone or do you think it’s vital that he/she take some kind of formal training?

I believe there is an innate acting ability that some actors have. An eye for the realism of a scene or performance. That being said classes and training are essential for some to hone their craft. I was fortunate from early on to work quite steadily so most of my training came on set working with experienced actors. Basically there’s no right or wrong. You need to find what works best for you and your process. I’ve always thought that as along as your performance is believable and natural it doesn’t matter how you get there.

Who has been your favorite actor/actress to work with so far?

To be honest the cast of Bitten. Everyone works so hard and lays it all out every day on set. We’ve created a real family. They are the best! (For those who really want a single actor though I’d have to say Leslie Nielson. We worked together a few years back on Slap Shot 3. He was a Canadian legend and I feel honoured to have had the chance to work with him.)

Your current series Bitten is seen on The Space Channel. It averaged 348,000 viewers in its timeslot, making it Space’s highest-rated original series of all time. Is this a surprise to you?

Even though I know our show kicks ass and our fans are extremely passionate I guess I’m surprised because we have some tough competition from Orphan Black and other great shows on Space. We’re in good company.

Take us through how you got the part.

It’s quite the process. I’ll break it down in point form. There was an initial audition that I taped and sent to Toronto. A week or two later the producers sent notes on the character and my scenes. I re-taped and sent it back. A couple weeks after that I had a Skype audition with the producers. They then flew me out to Toronto to do a chemistry read with Laura who was already cast as Elena. Two other actors from LA were there as well so it was between me and them. It wasn’t until a week or so after that that my agent and I received the good word. LONGEST WEEK OF MY LIFE!! We popped the champagne at 10 in the morning.

Why do you think this whole Werewolf genre is resonating with such a big audience?

Although we are a SciFi/Fantasy type genre I think that within that Werewolves have a more grounded and relatable nature. We play on the man and beast’s most primal instincts. Lust. Hunger. Fear. Rage. We all have these things in us and occasionally they are exposed.

You live in Vancouver and you shoot the show in Toronto. How tough is that to deal with?

I’m a West Coast boy. I grew up on a small island called Salt Spring so my heart is with the ocean. It’s always hard to leave but Toronto is growing on me. I’m a big foodie and the restaurants in TO are truly world class. I’m slowly eating my way through that city.

As you continue with your career what kind of roles are you hoping to get or does it really matter? Is a gig a gig?

I really do enjoy working on anything. If I had to pick I would love to land something on Game of Thrones or Hell on Wheels. I love period pieces.

Any chance that you really are a werewolf ? (I have to ask for legal reasons)

Well I have an insatiable appetite and a penchant for nudity so maybe.

You play guitar and you’ve been in a few bands over the years. Is that something you’re able to maintain at all?

I still play guitar and write however being in a band is tough with my schedule. Occasionally I get together with my old drummer in Vancouver and jam out over a few beers.

You’ve been nominated for a Golden Maple Award. Explain what that is and how exciting it is to get the call.

I’m extremely honoured to be nominated for a Golden Maple. It recognizes Canadian talent on shows airing in the US. I’m proud to be a part of anything that put’s Canadians in the spotlight.

If you win the award, have you got thoughts about what your acceptance speech will be like?

Ha. Nope. Ironically enough I’m terrible at speaking in public. I once had to make a small speech at my cousin’s wedding and I choked. Completely froze up. For that reason I’m almost hoping I don’t win……….almost.

How important has it been to have such a supportive (I assume) family when you decided to pursue acting.

Having the support of my family and friends has been invaluable and integral to my success. In an industry like this when you constantly doubt yourself you need word to know that you have a solid core of people behind you. I know some do it without that and hats off to them. I might have cracked.

What advice would you give young kids who want to get into the business?

That’s a tough one. I have to say if I had kids I would be worried for them getting into the business. It’s a tough go and it doesn’t always work out the way you planned. If you really want to go for it I would say have thick skin and be patient. There are a million reasons why you DIDN’T get the part and 99.9% of them are out of your control.

Have you got anything other than Bitten in the works?

Nothing at the moment. Just auditioning. I’ve by no means “made it”. I still have to get out there and put work in to get the next job.

What one director would you love to work with?

Scorsese. I find he really allows you to be bold with your characters. Go big.

How about a favorite actor and actress you’d love to work with?

Meryl Streep!!!

What’s the most important thing you learned from your Grandparents?

The most important thing my grandparents taught me was to be humble and never forget where you came from. I never will.

https://greetergrammer1.wordpress.com/2 ... ston-holt/

- The Point Broadcast: BITTEN añade a algunas molestas brujas [radio-entrevista a Laura y Greyston] (getthepointradio):

http://www.getthepointradio.com/wp/2015 ... y-witches/

- Laura Vandervoort Interviewed on Mix 97FM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSBye3HgcAc

- Laura Vandervoort is Back on The Bobby D Show:

http://thebobbydshow.com/interviews/lau ... by-d-show/

- Laura Vandervoort returns as the world’s only female werewolf in Syfy’s hit series Bitten (bluefunkbroadcasting):

http://bluefunkbroadcasting.com/twiamer ... -9pm-etpt/

- Laura Vandervoort, Michael Xavier, Greggory Bryk, Greyston Holt, Steve Lund – Bitten (moviehole):

http://moviehole.net/201588414bitten-la ... und-bitten

- Interview: ‘Steve Lund’ Talks The New Season Of Bitten (redcarpetflash):

http://redcarpetcrash.com/interview-ste ... of-bitten/

- Laura Vandervoort talks about her role in Bitten and what is was like to play Super Girl in Smallville (raleighco):

http://rrksd.podbean.com

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Innerspace: Bitten: Laura Vandervoort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2eQOmJbqUc

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Laura Vandervoort tweeteando con los fans durante la emisión del episodio de "Bitten" (24-04-15):

Imagen

(@sunjak: This is what #livetweeting looks like @supervandie live tweeting during her show #bitten on @syfy Frankie is taking a doggy snooze in the background)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Laura Vandervoort habla sobre el estilo, los estereotipos y los superpoderes (stylebistro):
Laura Vandervoort habla sobre el estilo, los estereotipos y los superpoderes
Por Katie Davidson 13 Mayo, 2015

Laura Vandervoort is no stranger to superpowers. Even when she's not portraying a werewolf on SyFy's supernatural series Bitten or wearing her Supergirl uniform from her days on The CW's Smallville, the actress is using her power for good. Find out why the blonde beauty, who you might be surprised to learn does most of her own stunts thanks to her martial arts training, is an empowering role model to women and young girls alike.

What’s your favorite part about portraying a werewolf?
“I think the fact that she’s the only female werewolf that is the lead in a series is pretty incredible. She’s just a bad-ass female on television and happens to be a werewolf. I love doing all the action sequences and having that superhuman strength that she has—it’s a lot of fun. I joke around that the best part is that I don’t have to wax.”

How does your personal style compares to your character’s?
“This season we had a different style for Elena, which I think was more of my input. She’s still got the tomboy quality she has in the book, [but] she always has a bit of that sexy side to it as well: a leather jacket [with] a sheer-sort of tank on or I always wear a bit of a heel even if I have fight sequence—I think all girls want to have a bit more height.”

What part of Elena’s wardrobe helps you get into character the most?
“Whenever Elena has an opportunity to wear any leather jacket so she’s swift and ready to fight, that just makes me feel more in character. She always has some sort of military-inspired part of her wardrobe because she’s a tracker. That helps me feel like she’s ready to hunt. When she doesn’t have a jacket on for some reason, I feel like Elena’s a little bare.”

What is the most empowering thing you’ve learned from your role?
“Having faith in myself and believing in what I can do. This is the first series I’ve been a lead of. That can be terrifying for an actor going into season one and not knowing if you’re capable—you want to do a good job, and you want to make everyone happy. For me especially with my body, it’s such a sexualized show—that was the scariest part for me. Oddly enough, it wasn’t the action and all of the dangerous stuff; it was the nudity. Now, I feel more comfortable.”

You also are an empowering role models to young girls. Can you tell us about your children’s book?
“I had a period in my life when I moved to LA, where it was a little slower and I was eager to be creative. I wanted to incorporate my two worlds, acting and my other passion of writing, and had been to so many comic conventions where little 8, 9, 10, 11-year-old girls look up to Supergirl, who I played at one point [in Smallville]. I [was] sitting there talking to them and realized that most of the action figures and female superheroes they looked up to [had] very unrealistic body types and weren’t really sending the right message. Long story short, I thought this was an opportunity to write a book—and then hopefully create a series of books—about a young girl [who] is a superhero. She's a tomboy, quirky and intelligent, makes mistakes and she’s real. The reaction was, 'This needs to be a television series,' and we’re now creating a live-action series for girls called 'Super Duper Delia.'”

What’s your favorite part about this season of Bitten?
“It’s really tough for me to narrow-in on any specific part. I adore our cast and crew, being with all those creative minds and people who are just happy to be there and work. And this season, just seeing Elena finally accept her fate and embracing it—but also kicking a lot of ass.”

http://www.stylebistro.com/The+Boob+Tub ... tereotypes

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ¡¡¡"BITTEN" renovada oficialmente para su S3 en Space Channel!!!:
Aunque ya se venía rumoreando desde hace tiempo, Space Channel acaba de anunciar la renovación para la S3 de "Bitten" en una nota de prensa oficial:

¡Buenas Noticias Sangrientas! Space Ordena la Tercera Temporada de su exitosa serie, BITTEN

– La Season 2 de BITTEN se emitirá en la CTV en Julio –
– Laura Vandervoort regresa como protagonista como la única mujer lobo del mundo –
– La producción empezará esre verano/otoño, en localización en Toronto –
– La Season 1 de BITTEN está ahora en streaming en CraveTVTM –

ANAHEIM (May 22, 2015) – Como ha anunciado antes hoy la estrella de BITTEN Laura Vandervoort en una edición especial de THE SOCIAL desde Disneyland, Space confirma que ha ordenado la terecera temporada de su serie original más vista, BITTEN. Basada en las novelas de éxito de Kelley Armstrong y producida por No Equal Entertainment, Entertainment One Television (eOne), y Hoodwink Entertainment, la Season 3 verá el regreso del icono del género Laura Vandervoort (SMALLVILLE, Ted) como Elena Michaels; Greyston Holt (ALCATRAZ, DURHAM COUNTY) como Clayton Danvers; Greg Bryk (A History Of Violence, ROOKIE BLUE) como Jeremy Danvers; Steve Lund (BEING ERICA, HAVEN) como Nick Sorrentino, y Genelle Williams (WAREHOUSE 13) como Rachel Sutton. Los espectadores que tienen aún que unirse a La Manada pueden ver ahora la Season 1 en streaming en CraveTV. La Season 2 de BITTEN se emitirá en la CTV los Sábados a las 10 p.m. ET, empezando el 4 de Julio.

“BITTEN es una historia de gran éxito para Space,” dice Tracey Pearce, Vice-Presidente Senior, Specialty and Pay, de Bell Media. “Ha sido extremadamente gratificante el ver que la serie ha construido una base de fans tan apasionada y dedicada. Felicidades al elenco, al equipo y a nuestros compañeros de No Equal Entertainment, Entertainment One, y Hoodwink Entertainment. Esperamos tener otra gran temporada de esta estupenda serie.”

“Estamos extremadamente emocionados por dirigirnos de nuevo a la producción por una tercera temporada y estamos muy orgullosos de nuestro éxito en Space,” dice J.B Sugar, Productor Ejecutivo de No Equal Entertainment. “No podríamos haberlo hecho sin el contínuo apoyo de Bell Media y nuestros increíbles fans de Canadá y de todo el mundo.”

“Este es un tremendo logro que no habría sido posible sin nuestro talentoso elenco y equipo y el firme apoyo de la serie por parte de Space,” dice John Morayniss, Jefe Ejecutivo de Entertainment One Television. “Junto a No Equal Entertainment y Hoodwink Entertainment, estamos encantados de continuar este increíble viaje y esperamos hincar nuestros dientes en los que es seguro otra emocionante temporada.”

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/bloody ... es-bitten/

Junto a la nota de prensa, Space también ha publicado la primera imagen promocional de la S3:
Imagen

https://twitter.com/SpaceChannel/status ... 6056131584

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Fotos de familia" del elenco/equipo de la S2 de "Bitten":

Imagen Imagen

(@daeganf: The cast & crew of #bitten send thanks to our fans for all your support. We look forward to bringing you S3!)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Syfy Picks Renueva ‘Bitten’ para una S3 en USA:
Aunque era algo prácticamente seguro y, tras la renovación de la serie en Space para Canadá, Syfy ha renovado el drama sobrenatural “Bitten” para una tercera temporada en USA.

La temporada de 10 episodios, producida por Entertainment One, se emitirá en Syfy en el 2016. Chris Regina, SVP Program Strategy en Syfy y Chiller, dijo de la adquisición, “La emocional y absorbente historia de ’Bitten’, combinada con algunos momentos realmente espeluznantemente terroríficos, realmente resonó en los fans esta pasada temporada. Anticipamos con entusiasmo el ver dónde nos lleva el próximo capítulo de la vida de Elena y su manada de hombres en la Season 3.”

“Estamos encantados de que ‘Bitten’ regrese a Syfy,” añadió John Morayniss, Chief Executive Officer, Entertainment One Television. “Junto a No Equal Entertainment y Hoodwink Entertainment, estamos entusiasmados por continuar este increíble viaje y esperamos hincar nuestros dientes en lo que es seguro otra emocionante temporada.”

“Estoy emocionado por continuar el éxito de ‘Bitten’ con la renovación de nuestra tercera temporada por Syfy y espero trabajar con el talentoso equipo de escritores y producción para traer más aventuras a la vida de nuestra Manada,” dice J.B. Sugar, Executive Producer, No Equal Entertainment.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/bitten- ... 201530805/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Portada y clips del DVD de la S2 -
Imagen

- BITTEN Exclusive Video: "Bitten Season 2 Gag Reel":

http://cms.springboardplatform.com/prev ... 1047/0/0/1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUWx4InV7jQ

- BITTEN Season 2 "Featurette":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ji-lHeqpQs

- BITTEN Season 2 "Deleted Scene Ep. 2":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Ssr6N8c7E

- BITTEN Season 2 "EXCLUSIVE Stunts Clip" (Ep 6):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScFdqAKZCXM

- BITTEN Season 2 "EXCLUSIVE Stunts Clip" (Ep 10):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFCI70qBbXA

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The star of "Bitten" Laura Vandervoort stopped by to talk about season three of the show, Comic-Con, and a little Supergirl rumor (Monkeys Fighting Robots):

https://soundcloud.com/monkeys-fighting ... andervoort

- Laura Vandervoort Radio- Interview on @Arroecollins (99.7 The Fox):

http://www.spreaker.com/user/arroe/laur ... rom-bitten

- Radio-entrevista de Laura Vandervoort de “Bitten” en "The big wakeup call":

http://thebigwakeupcall.com/laura-vande ... om-bitten/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Por qué a Laura Vandervoort le está encantando estar en "Bitten" (smh):
Por qué a Laura Vandervoort le está encantando estar en "Bitten"
Por Michael Idato 06 Agosto, 2015 - 12:15AM

Bitten is based on the book Women of the Otherworld, by Kelley Armstrong. To what extent do you let the literary interpretation of this universe inform what you're doing on television?

I read as many [books in the series] as they suggested just to have knowledge for the show and then I read the first two scripts. I don't have a problem with reading material beforehand because we really didn't want to change much of what Kelley had written and we wanted to be true to the world that she created and the characters that she created. I tend to like playing very strong women. With [Smallville's] Supergirl, I had the chance to do that.

Who is your character, Elena?

She was in the foster care system. She was abused, sexually assaulted, as a child and all of those things really made me want to play her because she's not just ... "oh, she's a blonde werewolf". She has had a really dark past. The show is more like Sopranos and True Blood. It's very adult and I've never done anything that's that. I'm very exposed emotionally, physically and personally and psychologically in every way with this character. We shot [the first season] for six months and every single day I felt challenged.

Fans will know you from playing Supergirl in Smallville. In a sense, this isn't too different – she's a character where a segment of your audience already have an idea about who she is, how she walks, talks, moves and thinks.

You can't please everybody. I know that a fair number of the Bitten fans were pleased with the choice, because physically I looked like the character. But we did a show that at times is really not pretty and I got to play a side that no one's really seen before. Greyston Holt, who plays Clayton Danvers, his character's supposed to be Southern and he's not. Jeremy Danvers [played by Greg Bryk] is supposed to be Asian and he's not. We're going to have that group of people that aren't pleased but I think if they give the show a chance they'll see why it works.

As a plot device, vampires are frequently used as a means of exploring our mortality. Do you think we use werewolves as a device to explore our baser selves?

You hit that on the nose. The whole premise of the show is her being torn between what she feels society wants and who she should be. This sick girl who's got a perfect boyfriend and has the perfect job and is put together and then the animalistic side of her, what your inner instincts are and what you really want. That is exactly what it's about and I think the werewolf nature ... we're saying is the way that we should be. Just go with your instinct and let yourself live and be who you are and be honest to yourself. It's about inner instinct, and I think you can always find a parallel in our real lives. Even as an actor, what do people want to see, I feel this pressure to be who people expect you to be and look a certain way, but then you also have to be true to yourself.

This is a genre show, but do you see this as a gender show? Elena is one of the first representations of a female werewolf in popular culture.

That's a huge part of why I'm doing it. The show isn't about nymphs and fairies and vampires and witches. Yes, it's about werewolves but that's really not what the show is. It's the characters and it's my past history. It's the lies and the betrayal. I'm so glad this show is based more in the drama of what we are and what we do and the fact that it's a lead female in an entirely male cast.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... z3hzlhtdnT

- Entrevista exclusiva con Greyston Holt (myfanbase):
Entrevista exclusiva con Greyston Holt

"Bitten" season 2 is an exciting season for werewolf Clayton Danvers. We learn a lot about his background story and get a glimpse inside his soul. Actor Greyston Holt kindly made time to answer our questions about this exciting journey and he also talks about his experiences at "Supernatural" conventions and roaming the streets of Rome.

Congrats on being picked up for a third season of "Bitten" and thank you for making time for us again, we loved talking (via e-mail) to you last year!

Thank you. Happy to do it again.

1. In season 2 we learned a lot about Clay in the flashback episode. Malcolm is not only his maker, he's also responsible for the death of Clay's parents. What do you think how much of an impact does that have on Clay?

It had a huge impact. Everything Clay thought he knew was turned upside down. It adds more fuel to the fire and yet another reason to kill Malcom.

2. In episode 2x08 Aleister takes over Clay's body, which adds another dimension to your portrayal. Greyston playing Aleister playing Clay. How did you approach these scenes?

When I heard about the details of 208 I couldn’t wait to get started on it. What an amazing challenge as an actor. I worked with Sean(Aleister) to nail down his cadence and movement. He has a very specific tone and musicality to his voice so it was fun to recreate but also hide it. There was a fine line between too much Aleister and not enough showing through. I even had Sean record all his/my lines. That helped a lot.

3. In this episode we also saw Clay's inner struggle. Why did the Malcolm of Clay's subconscious help him?

Well the Malcom inside Clay’s head wasn’t really Malcom it was Clay’s subconscious perception of him. It was Clay facing his inner demons and using them to help break free from from the prison in his mind.

4. The pack lost one of its members in season 2 - a devastating shock! Will his death lead to some kind of a permanent change in the pack's structure?

Any death always affects the structure of the pack. This would be something the writers would know more on though.

5. In a lot of the "Bitten" fight scenes we see the actors' faces, so you do a lot of the stunts yourselves, right? How do work on those, a little like learning a dance choreography? And were there ever bloody noses?

Yes we do most of our stunts and yes it really is like dance choreography. It’s amazing how well it can flow when you really have your moves nailed down however, yes, we do get banged and bruised. It’s exhilarating!!

6. In an interview Laura Vandervoort and you talked about what people could learn from Elena and Clay is passion - hear what your heart is telling you. Is that also how you got into acting?

Yes. I’ve always had an artistic mind and I was always looking for ways to express myself as I’ve always been terrible at talking about my feelings and emotions. When I first discovered acting I thought “Wow! What a catharsis.” It’s almost like therapy. Also as an only child I spent a lot of time entertaining myself. I was always creating characters in my mind. I had very distinct voices and personalities for both of my dogs. We would have full three way conversations. Naturally, with these things in mind, acting was the perfect fit. I get paid to do things I love.

7. In another interview you talked about the romantic scenes like the bath scene at the end of season 1 and that shooting them usually isn't really romantic. Do you have another fun story for us from when shooting a certain scene felt completely different from what it looks like in the episode?

Most scenes feel very different than what you see on the screen. Movie magic.

8. A few weeks back you did JIBCon in Rome, the SPN-Family dream con. Was it your first European and/or SPN con? What was your experience like?

I did the Birmingham Con a year ago but JibCon was my first Supernatural convention. I had such an amazing time. The whole family welcomed me with open arms. I also spent a week in Rome after with my mom and girlfriend. One of the best experiences of my life. We saw the sights. We ate. We drank. We walked…… A LOT!!!

9. At JIBCon you talked about the imbalance between male and female characters in the TV and film industry. Who are your all-time favorite female characters and why?

There definitely still is an imbalance but I think we’re starting to slowly see a shift. It’s about frickin time. One of my favourite female characters would have to be Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. Fuck she was badass. I love revenge movies and man did she get sweet revenge.

10. If you could hang out with one person for a day in character from your fave show, who would it be?

I would have to say Hank Moody from Californication. Or Anthony Bourdain. Does he count?

11. What tv shows do you like, character or plot driven, serialized or procedural etc.?

"Breaking Bad" would have to be my top choice. In my mind the best show ever produced. The pinnacle of a plot driven series. It's also a masterclass in acting.

Thank you, Greyston, we wish you all the best for your future!

http://www.myfanbase.de/serien/bitten/i ... ?pid=21977

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

"Walker Stalker Con Boston 2015" (21-23 Agosto, 2015) [Fotos, Videos]

Fotos:

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen

(Thanks to @vandiekins22, @WalkrStalkrCon, @agentLwalker, @anneroo, @BeantownReview, @Byflutterby, @kimmiemorrissey, @lisa_amico, @mokiavelli, @MysticFaeArt, @sabrina3011, @alimarie340, @Bands_BVB_CS, @elloco4life, @FeatherMishap, @ilyandzebras44, @jt4pres, @LauraLaFleur3, @lifeasamaven, @Pirate6562, @TwoEms616, @Wolf_Pack_Pride, @ZombieLeader1, @kchin5000, @Niall_D_Smith)

Videos: AQUÍ

Entrevistas:

Walker Stalker Con Boston 2015: 'Bitten' stars discuss show, their careers and more (thecelebritycafe)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Laura Vandervoort, imagen bts de la S3 (27-08-15):

Imagen

(@vandiekins22: Waiting patiently for season 3 #Bitten T-12 DAYS!!)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- 1ª Mesa de lectura para la S3 de "Bitten" (01-09-15):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@garfieldthehuman: #Bitten S3 table read #1. So great to have the Pack back together! #Portia #BittenS3 #Bitten3
@vandiekins22: Read thru & cast dinner for season 3 with these two. #Bitten @leven_stund @greystonh @eOne_TV @SpaceChannel @SyfyTV #DarkerHairDontCare
@wilzmak: First cast read through. #BittenS3)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Kara(Laura Vandervoort)”