La implacable Tess Mercer, interpretada por Cassidy Freeman

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, porre, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: Noticias de Cassidy Freeman

Mensaje por Shelby »

Yep, toda una pena, la verdad...

Bueno, para que os entretengáis, os dejo un video del piloto "Austin Golden Hour Pilot" (2008) en el que salían Cassidy Freeman y Justin Hartley:

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Cassidy Freeman se une a la "Superman Celebration" de Metrópolis, Illinois:
Así lo ha anunciado de forma oficial la Convención (que se celebrará durante los días 7-10 junio) en su web, en la que dice:

Superman Celebration se siente orgullosa de anunciar que John Glover, Cassidy Freeman y Gerard Christopher aparecerán en el festival de este año.

Cassidy Freeman rompió en escena en el 2006 como la protagonista del corto ganador del premio "Comic-Con International Film Festival Award" Razor Sharp, y fue posteriormente abrazada por la audiencia de Smallville como la eficiente sucesora de Lex Luthor Tess Mercer desde el 2008 hasta que la serie terminó en el 2011. Ha aparecido también en series de tv como CSI: Miami, CSI: New York, The Vampire Diaries, The Playboy Club, y la próxima serie de la A&E "Longmire".

John Glover aparecerá el Sábado, 9 de Junio, en el Banterra Bank para la Sesión de Autógrafos de las Celebridades, (se necesitan tickets), y a la sesión de preguntas Metro Tent a las 11:30 am, (admisión libre- asientos limitados).

Para más información de cómo adquirir los tickets para los autógrafos, AQUÍ.

http://supermancelebration.net/15-news/ ... ritylineup

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Cassidy Freeman habla sobre su asistencia a la "Superman Celebration 2012" en Illinois (zap-2-it):
Como ya comentamos con anterioridad, Cassidy Freeman asistirá el próximo sábado, 9 de Junio a la "Superman Celebration" en Ilinois junto a los actores John Glover (Lionel Luthor), y Gerard Christopher ("The Adventures of Superboy")

Cassidy habló con zap-2-it y reconoció que un gran atractivo del evento es el nombre de la localización: Metropolis.

"Normalmente no hago este tipo de cosas, pero pensé, 'Esto es específicamente sobre Superman ... ¡y es en Metropolis!' Mi hermano creció adorando los cómics y yo crecí obsesionada con 'The Last Unicorn,' y cuando adoras algo y consigues ser parte de ello para tanta gente, es un honor. Tienes que tomarlo y saber eso."

La actriz también reconoce que, pese a haber hecho otros trabajos, el nombre de Tess será su carta de presentación durante algún tiempo:

"Estaba en el aeropuerto, y un chico me miró como si fuera a preguntarme algo. Y dijo, 'Smallville, ¿verdad?' Y yo contesté, 'Sí' ... ¡y luego no sabía qué más decir!"

"Creo que sabía que eso pasaría cuando firmé con la serie, y específicamente después de que supiera que iba a seguir más de un aó después de que me uniera. Todo el mundo pensaba que terminaría tras la ( temporada. Me encantó esa parte."

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/06/s ... polis.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- La Premiere de "Longmire" de Cassidy Freeman Alcanza Récords de Rátings (seat42f.com):
El nuevo drama de A&E, la serie "Longmire" ha alcanzado rátings de récords para la cadena con la premiere de la serie el Domingo 3 de junio a las 10:00PM ET/PT, convirtiéndose en el lanzamiento de una serie original de la cadena más vista de todos los tiempos con un total de 4.1 millones de espectadores. "Longmire" se lanzó como el nuevo drama más visto de cable del 2012 con unos números totales de adultos 25-54 con 1.4 millones en demo.

http://www.seat42f.com/longmire-series- ... tings.html

- Entrevista de radio con Cassidy Freeman, Patrick Johnson and Garrett McNma (02-06-12):

http://tunein.com/tuner/?ProgramId=1912 ... d=39148930&

- Trailer "Longmire" 1.03 "A Damn Shame":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fNF4yD6 ... e=youtu.be

- Cassidy Freeman Habla del Empuje Emocional de su Personaje en "Longmire" (tvfanatic.com):
Cassidy Freeman Habla del Emuje Emocional de su Personaje en "Longmire"
Por Matt Richenthal 7 de Junio , 2012 2:22 PM

Walt Longmire is a stoic man. This much was evident from almost the moment we met Robert Taylor's sheriff on last Sunday's Longmire premiere.

But viewers saw the character at his most vulnerable when interacting with daughter Cady, whose portrayer told me over the phone that this relationship was a major "pull" for her to take on the role.

"I love a good father/daughter relationship because I'm close to my dad," the actress said. "Walt is pretty quiet and removed, but anything he really cares about will make him seem more human on the show. Cady is that human, emotional tie for him."

But while her father will be the through-line for a majority of Freeman's scenes, the former Smallville star and recurring Vampire Diaries player acknowledges we'll get to know Cady outside of her ties to her dad, as well.

"She does have a romance, which could be controversial," Freeman teased. "And she's a lawyer. Her professional opinion and ability to understand documents will come in handy on many cases."

Yes, Longmire will be solving one crime per episode, procedural style, but Freeman says both A&E and the show's creators are determined to take their time each week. There won't exactly be any Law & Order-like jumping from one setting to the next.

There will be some deviations from the source material, though, but author Craig Johnson was on hand for the shooting of the pilot and Freeman says he has a "beautiful back and forth relationship" with the show's creators that adds authenticity to the characters.

And, for Freeman, the fact that her character isn't a supernatural being (The Vampire Diaries) or part of a superhero's world (Smallville) was definitely another draw.

"Playing a vampire was very, very cool," she said. "And Tess Mercer grew more human as the seasons wore on, which I appreciated. But this is really different. It's slower, more natural. Being able to play so many different things is all an actor can ask for."

Well, that, and filming on location in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

"They call in the Land of Enchantment," Freeman said, adding that they sometimes drive hours just to get certain shots. "There are a helluva lot worse places to film."

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/06/cassid ... z1x8r1Ep6D

- ¡Muévete, Supermán! Cassidy Freeman de "Longmire" Tiene Un Nuevo Hombre en su Vida (TVGuide):
¡Muévete, Supermán! Cassidy Freeman de "Longmire" Tiene Un Nuevo Hombre en su Vida
Por Natalie Abrams 08 de Junio, 2012 06:47 PM ET

Cassidy Freeman is no longer Superman's one-time enemy-turned-ally nor is she a centuries-old vampire anymore. She's left those sci-fi/fantasy roles behind to play the no-nonsense daughter of the dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming, Walt Longmire (Robert Taylor).

In the new A&E series Longmire, Freeman's Cady had dreams of the big city, but after the death of her mother, she took it upon herself to help her father Walt get back on his feet, much to his chagrin and to her own frustrations. Little does her father know that she's been keeping secrets, the least of which is that she's dating someone already very familiar to him. To get the scoop on Longmire's father-daughter relationship, TVGuide.com turned to Freeman, who also discusses her transition from sci-fi to Western and more:

After doing shows like Smallville and The Vampire Diaries, what made you want to slow down and do a Western?
Cassidy Freeman: Exactly that. Exactly that it was something that I hadn't done. I wanted to do a cable show and see what that was like. I just felt like there was a lot of freedom in this show to be able to do something different. It's such a great group of people to work with too that it's pretty hard to pass that up.

Because you and Katee Sackhoff have similar sci-fi backgrounds, have you guys discussed now doing the polar opposite of before?
Freeman: Yeah. We chuckle about it. We'll talk about conventions together. We have this knowledge that maybe other people on the show don't have. Like, I'm going to Superman Celebration this weekend. She went to a sci-fi one in Canada like three or four weeks ago. She'll be like, "Oh my God, I'm so exhausted." I'll be like, "Why?" She's like, "Convention." I'm like, "I get you." You're sitting there giving so much of yourself. So, we have that commonality. But I think we both were excited to try something new and different. We're the two on set tweeting all the time, and Lou Diamond Phillips is kind of an obsessive Tweeter, but we're proud of him for it.

What kind of relationship does Cady have with her father?
Freeman: She has a no-bulls--- relationship with her father. She loves her dad, she's frustrated with her dad. She can't leave her dad, but she wants to leave her dad. It's like a dependent/independent relationship. They are all the other has right now because her mom passed away. She feels the need to take care of him and to make sure that he's okay. But I'm not sure that anyone could ever be okay after something like that. It's a really beautiful love, but also frustration in the relationship. She wants to grieve and move on. He's not willing to do that. He's straight-arming it and making her stick around.

There will be new discoveries about her mother's death. What can you tell us about how Cady will deal with that?
Freeman: I think they're saving that for the end of the season. I have these assumptions. She would never imagine that her dad would lie to her about anything. But the longer you get through this season, the more realize that maybe both Cady and Walt are keeping secrets from each other, which is difficult and even more painful than you would think.

How does Cady feel about Walt diving head-first into the election for Sheriff?
Freeman: She's frustrated with him because he's being really wishy-washy. She had planned her life and her thoughts around the fact that he would retire and stop getting himself into trouble and stop putting himself in harm's way. That's not the case. So, she's a little snarky about it. She makes fun of him for doing it, but I think her real reason for not wanting him to do it is because she worries about him. Of course she's going to help him.

What can you tell us about the possibility of a love interest on Longmire?
Freeman: I don't know if you'd call it dating, [but] she definitely has a romantic relationship. She obviously wants to keep it a secret, but she's also a pretty private person. So, that's not surprising. She just doesn't want to be scrutinized or be judged. You'll find out on Sunday. You don't have to wait that long.

Longmire airs Sundays at 10/9c on A&E

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Longmire-Ca ... 48688.aspx

- Entrevista Exclusiva: : La estrella de LONGMIRE Cassidy Freeman es la hija del sheriff en la serie de A&E (AssigmentX):
Entrevista Exclusiva: : La estrella de LONGMIRE Cassidy Freeman es la hija del sheriff en la serie de A&E
Por SEAN ELLIOTT 09 de Junio, 2012 / 05:16 PM

The new western mystery series LONGMIRE premiered last Sunday on A&E to record numbers for the cable network. The show is based on the best-selling novels by Wyoming author Craig Johnson, and follows the life and cases of Walt Longmire (Robert Taylor) who is the sheriff of a small town called Durant in Absaroka County, Wyoming.

Longmire has recently lost his wife, and his daughter Cady (Cassidy Freeman) is really the only blood related family that he has left. ASSIGNMENT X got the chance to talk to Freeman, who not only hails from fame and following with SMALLVILLE, but also coincidentally comes from Montana. She shares her Midwestern insight into the world of LONGMIRE, and talks about getting to play a character in the flesh that originally only appeared in the first novels as a voice on the phone.

ASSIGNMENT X: Before we even get started I should probably tell you that I’m from Craig Johnson’s (LONGMIRE’s creator) neck of the woods.

CASSIDY FREEMAN: You’re from Ucross?

AX: I’m from Sheridan, Wyoming…which is just up the road.

FREEMAN: I’m from Livingston, Montana. I grew up half the time in Chicago and half the time in Livingston. That’s where my parents live. That’s so funny you’re from Sheridan! I just drove through there heading from Chicago into Montana.

AX: What drew you to Cady Longmire? Had you read the books, or did you just like the pilot script?

FREEMAN: I had not read the books at that point. Funnily enough my Dad had read them. We’d never talked about them. I got this audition for the pilot while I was still working on SMALLVILLE in Vancouver, and it was towards the end of pilot season. I was pretty busy and working long days, and things come in and go out and you don’t know if you want to try out for something. Then the script came in and I loved it! I loved it not only because it was set in a place like my hometown, but it was such a beautiful script. It takes it’s time and you don’t see that a lot. I feel that most pilot scripts try to shove as much as they can into forty-two minutes so people are hooked. They forget the idea of storytelling; that things take time and a viewer needs time to breathe and time to think about what’s going on. I told my people in L.A. that I wanted to come down and audition for this in person, because it meant so much to me, and I did that and it all worked out.

AX: Cady is such a great character in the books, has your Dad told you all about her?

FREEMAN: Actually I’ve read them all now. [Laughs] She is a great character and it’s funny because when I told my Dad he said “wait… ‘Longmire’… that’s Craig Johnson’s books.” Both of my parents are attorneys and he told me since I had an audition for a lawyer in Wyoming; if I didn’t get it I should quit acting. [Laughs] I just told him OK and that I heard him.

AX: The producers, Hunt Baldwin and John Coveny told me that a lot of this series is taking place before events in the books in a way, so are we going to see a lot more of Cady than we read in the first couple of LONGMIRE novels?

FREEMAN: They talked with Craig Johnson about it, and they all agreed that with the two different mediums, you can’t follow a book exactly in a TV show. You can’t do “The Cold Dish” in forty-two minutes and nor should you. They’ve taken some liberties with the timing. Visually speaking to see these characters on screen you have to have the human side of Walt. With his wife passing away, the most human thing about him is his daughter. For Cady to be a character on the phone wouldn’t have the same sort of impact. Craig was pretty excited to see her in the flesh. It does feel like it happens before she heads off to Philadelphia, but they’ve taken liberties with that to make the show better. So I’m there and I’m not going anywhere. My character is consistent throughout.

AX: Since you’re from Montana, do you ever give insight or suggestions into what your character is doing or speaking, like saying ‘crik’ instead of creek?

FREEMAN: I love that you just said that because I only say ‘crik’ and people think I’m a weirdo. Throughout my entire life I’ve said that. Telling someone it was down by the ‘crik’ and people ask me if it’s 1890. [Laughs] No. It’s called a ‘crik’ what’s your problem? I love that you said that! I actually went into the audition and asked if they wanted any sort of affect or accent on this character and they said “no.” I think they were worried I was going to come in there and start twangin’ away. [Laughs] Or they were afraid I’d starting spitting! It’s great though, I think everyone has done a really great job, having the books, and then having people who really know the area around…I don’t need to worry about anything.

AX: You mentioned the importance of Walt Longmire’s family connection, so how has it been working with Robert Taylor?

FREEMAN: We shot the pilot a year ago, which is going to be interesting to see the second episode because a year has passed. The scene we shot on the porch of Longmire’s cabin was the first thing we shot. It was shot the day before we were supposed to start shooting, because we had to go out to this far away location. I met him the day before in the gym at the hotel. [Laughs] I walked up to him and introduced myself and told him I was playing his daughter. He was Australian and a little shy and a little quiet. I just thought “oh no!” Then in the van the next day on the way to location I was obnoxious. I kept asking him questions about his favorite color, what he liked to do, about his girlfriend, his parents…I was asking personal intimate questions because I wanted to hear him talk and get to know him better. I have to say that I’m really happy because the moment we started working together I felt that Robert and I have a really great natural chemistry. I have so much love for him. Being a daddy’s girl with my real Dad, I understand that relationship really well. Robert has a daughter so I think he understands it too. Also, the last year when we haven’t been shooting the show, we’ve gotten together and stayed in touch because we all liked each other so much. It’s a real family now.

AX: Are we going to see a lot of aspects of Cady that we haven’t had the opportunity to read in the books?

FREEMAN: Yeah, we’re going to get into Cady’s personal life. A little bit of her romantic life. She’s also going to get involved with some of the cases. A show that only has ten episodes for a season has the challenge of balancing the crime aspect and solving cases every week; with the serial aspect of it and getting to know these characters. There’s crossover in the Venn Diagram of that. So I’m excited to see her intact with others in the cast as a professional.

AX: Cady and Henry in the books have a great relationship that we only really get to hear about but never see. Are we going to finally see the two of them and their familial bond on the series?

FREEMAN: We have a great scene in the next episode. You’ll actually see that relationship between them of God Father and God Daughter. Things that Longmire is afraid to ask Cady about, Henry will actually broach the subject. He’s that cool uncle that gives you a beer. [Laughs]

http://www.assignmentx.com/2012/exclusi ... ae-series/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Superman Celebration 2012 - Recap de sesión de preguntas con John Glover y Cassidy Freeman - 9 de Junio, 2012 (theentertainmentwrapup.com):
Recap de sesión de preguntas con John Glover y Cassidy Freeman

La Superman Celebration del sábado estuvo encabezada por Smallville. Una concurrida Metro Tent le dio la bienvenida a John Glover (Lionel Luthor) y Cassidy Freeman (Tess Mercer) de Smallville. Esta sesión de preguntas fue MUY divertida. Montones de momentos de carcajadas a los comentarios y respuestas de ellos. La multitud los adoró absolutamente. "Esta es la Luthor Celebration", fue lo que Cassidy Freeman declaró en un momento en lugar de la Superman Celebration. Me encantó esa frase. Se divirtieron mucho en el escenario contestando las preguntas y bromeando. Os daréis cuenta tan sólo al leer esto. He aquí algunos de los momentos más destacables de la sesión de preguntas.

Question: Longmire acaba de estrenarse y lo hizo a lo grande. Más de 4 millones de espectadores y el nuevo drama de mayor audiencia y la serie original más vista en la historia de A&E. ¿Cuánto hace que estás trabajando en ella ahora?
Cassidy: "Grabamos el piloto hace un año. Hemos grabado los diez episodios de esta temporada desde el principio de abril. Así es que sigo ahí."

Question: Michael Rosenbaum solía hacer muchas bromas en Smallville. ¿Ha recibido él alguna de vosotros?
John: "No puedo contar esas historias. Lo entenderíais si pudiéramos contaros el por qué no puedo contarlo. Pero le gusta nadar desnudo. En las piscinas de los hoteles. Tarde, muy tarde a la noche." (montones de risas)
Cassidy: "No me encontré con él hasta que rodamos el final. No creo que haya recibido la misma cantidad de bromas de él que este querido y viejo padre de quí, pero yo también intenté pillarlo un par de veces porque había oído lo bromista que era."
John: "Lo que él hace con ese tipo de bromas y divirtiéndose es que hace su interpretación muy viva y maravillosa. E trabajar con él por ese sentido del humor que tiene y ese sentido travieso, es un actor increíble. Pasamos un tiempo estupendo trabajando juntos. Y eso es lo que hicimos, jugamos el uno con el otro." (risas de la audiencia)
Cassidy: "Umm, siguiente pregunta. ¡Gracias Metropolis!"
John: "Tienen que lavarse la mente con jabón. Tenéis la mente indecente, chicos. Smallville era una serie familiar. Estoy muy desilusionado con todos vosotros". (grandes risas de la audiencia).

Question: Hiciste un gran trabajo dándole vida a Lionel. Interpretaste a Lionel de Tierra 2. Dabas una sensación diferente. ¿Hubo algo que hicieras para diferenciar tu Lionel de Tierra 2 del Lionel original?
John: "Creo que fue mi confusión sobre lo que se suponía que tenía que ser. Tan sólo viste ahí a un actor confundido. No entendía la lógica de ello. Lo que vísteis fue... eso. Me alegra que os engañara." (risas)

Question: Fuiste diabólico y fuiste bueno. ¿Qué fue más fácil y qué fue más divertido?
John: "Nunca me vi a mí mismo como diabólico en realidad. Quizá eso es lo que confundió tanto a la gente. Intenté verlo como que mi hijo, Lex, no era lo suficientemente fuerte y que necesitaba ser empujado. Le estaba dando pruebas para hacerle más fuerte que es por lo que le di el tratamiento de shock. Para hacerle más fuerte. Lo entendéis, ¿verdad?. El único intento que hicieron para hacer a Lionel bueno como persona fue cuando estuve en prisión. De pronto, intentaron escribirme como bueno y no funcionó. Fue una de esas historias que ocasionalmente cayeron así es que nunca se terminaron. Porque no estaba funcionando. Fue mejor cuando me escribieron como malo y encontré maneras de engañarles y ser bueno. Mantener a los escritores confundidos. La confusión es buena si te rindes ante ella."

¿Cuánta labor creativa tenías en la serie?
John: "Ellos mismos vinieron con todas esas cosas maravillosas. La única cosa que seguí diciéndole a Miles es que cuando se deshicieran de mí, pensaba que realmente Lex debería matarme. Luego, él tendría que lidiar con eso por el resto de su vida. No sé si ellos estaban planeando eso. Es lo que de hecho hicieron. Así es que, siempre pensé que esa era mi idea. (riendo)."

Question: Vuestros personajes eran personajes que estaban separados de la saga de Superman y teníais libertad de crear esos personajes. ¿Cómo fue?
John: "Podría haber hecho de todo si hubiera querido. Lo que me molestó fue cuando me pidieron que me tiñera el blanco de mi barba y que la hiciera más oscura. Pensé, esperad un minuto, los hombres mayores pueden ser sexys. Así es que lo hice. Y no felizmente. Cuando regresé para la décima, dije que no. No más tinte en mi barba."
Cassidy: "Fue realmente liberador el interpretar a alguien que no estaba en los cómics o en el mito. Pienso que la hizo más humana y podía cambiar su mente más frecuentemente. Siento que los personajes en las historias y los cómics están escritos o buenos o oscuros. Ellos tienen que seguir de alguna manera esa historia mientras que Tess podía estar en todas partes."

Question: ¿Te sorprendiste de la dirección de Tess en ocasiones?
Cassidy: "Pienso qie me sorprendí en ocasiones pero también estaba emocionada sobre ello."
John: "¿Te dijeron desde el principio que eras mi hija?"
Cassidy: "No."
John: "¿Cuándo lo descubriste?"
Cassidy: "En la décima temporada"
John: "¿Te emocionó?"
Cassidy: "Sí."
John: "Aunque me tiñeron el pelo de pelirroja."
Cassidy: "¿Te emocionó eso?"
John: "No mucho."
Cassidy: "Teníamos una muy insana relación de padre e hija."
(Este fue un intercambio divertidísimo)

Question: El arco de la historia de Tess fue uno de mis favoritos, especialmente con su redención de la 10ª temporada ayudando a Clark. ¿Cuál fue tu ángulo favorito de los que tomaron con Tess?
Cassidy: "Una pregunta realmente buena. Me encantó en la 8ª temporada cuando conseguí ir atrás y me vísteis en el pasado con Justin Hartley. Lo que adoré de la décima fue al pequeño Lex. Me encantó el ser capaz de ser maternal. Pensé que ese instinto en ella aportó más de su redención y mása de su humanidad. Me encanta el poder actuar con esos pequeños actores porque quería el pellizcarle sus caritas porque eran tan adorables."

Question: Conversación sobre las escenas de acción en Smallville. ¿Cuánto hicísteis vosotros mismos?
Cassidy: "Hice mucho de ello porque es mejor su puedes hacerlo. La única cosa en la que tuve dobles de especialistas fueron las cosas en las que tenía que salir volando por el aire y aterrizar en un escritorio que se rompe. Como cuando Davis me abofeteó y salí volando contra la pared. Fue divertido y teníamos unos grandes coordinadores de escenas de acción que se aseguraban de que todo fuera seguro."
John: "Nuestros especialistas eran geniales. Me veía a mí mismo siendo lanzado por los balcones. Tuvimos a un par de especialistas que salieron heridos. Uno se lastimó muy gravemente. El cable se rompió y calló muchos pisos abajo. eso fue muy peligroso. El doble de Schinedy una vez hizo una cosa en la cocina y fue hacia el final de un armario y se cortó la oreja. Normalmente se levantan, él tan sólo se quedó tendido ahí'."
Cassidy: "Yo tuve a una especialista que se rompió la cara con la cámara."
John: "Algunas de esas cosas son muy muy peligrosas. Hay mucha atención y hacen todos los movimientos. Cuando ves que una escena de acción está a punto de pasar, sel set puede ponerse realmente tenso."

Question: ¿Fue difíil el interpretar a Clark en el episodio en donde intercambiáis lugares?
John: "Sí. Lo fue. Él me hizo genial. Fue difícil para mí el ser puro y sencillo y no hacer nada. Quería hacer cosas todo el tiempo y me dijeron que Tom realmente no hace nada. (risas) No tiene que hacerlo. Eso es por lo que era tan maravilloso como Clark Kent. Era así de maravilloso. Yo estaba ocupado. Me considero a mí mismo un adicto a los accesorios y siempre busco cosas que hacer. Ése fue el problema que tuve. Me sorprendí de lo duro que fue. Él encontró en mí todo tipo de gestos que hacer. Estuvo genial en ese episodio."

Question: ¿Habéis visto alguna otra serie de Supermán o de cómics?
John: "Cuando era niño, solía ver el Supermán original en directo. Soy viejo. Solía hacer obras con Chris Reeve en Williamstown así es que eso fue estupendo. No leía cómics."
Cassidy: "Tengo dos hermanos y uno de ellos se llama Clark. ¿No es extraño? Sí, él estaba realmente asustando de verme en Smallville. Porque yo decía 'Clark' y él 'blaaahhhh'. Fue extraño para mí también. A Tom realmente le gustaba gastarme bromas sobre eso. Mi hermano mayor, Crispin Freeman, es un actor de doblaje de muchas películas animadas así es que a veces consigo la inspiración de él. Vi las películas como todo el mundo pero nunca leí los cómics."

Question: Mebcionaste a tu hermano Clark. Actuásteis en una película juntos. ¿Qué te hizo querer producir?
Cassidy: "Comapartimos el tema de la producción. Él era más el actor/productor post/productor y trataba con eso y yo era más la productora del set. Soy un poco la madre. Me gusta cuidar de la gente. Sabía que era una película de bajo presupuesto. Era básicamente una película de terror que un amigo de nosotros de la universidad escribió y reunimos a nuestros amigos de teatro de la universidad e hicimos una película en New Hampshire durante tres semanas llamada Yellow Brick Road. Producí para que pudiera estar al control asegurándome de que todo el mundo estuviera alimentado y seguro y que estuvieran cuidados. Fue muy divertido."

Question: Un chico pregunta si a John le gustó estar en Smallville o más en Gremlins 2 porque pensaba que hizo un gran trabajo en ambas.
John: "Me lo pasé muy bien haciendo las dos. Tuve que trasladarme a Vancouver para hacer Smallville. Grabamos Gremlins 2 en la Warner Brothers que estaba a unos 15 minutos de donde vivía. Eso fue bastante diferente porque Smallville fueron siete años. Mi escena favorita en Gremlins 2 fue cuando puse al gremlin en la trituradora de papel y me salpiqué con todo esa sustancia verde del gremli. Fue una película divertida y me divertñi mucho haciándola."

Question: Le preguntan sobre la película Scrooged.
John: "Bill Murray fue tan generoso al trabajar con él. Tiene una película que se va a estrenar pronto en la que interpreta a Roosevelt así es que todos deberíamos de ir a verla para apoyar a Bill Murray. Mi amiga Elizabeth Wilson está en ella y acaba de hacer los 91, así es que deberíamos apoyar a Elizabeth Wilson también."

Question: ¿Cuál fue tu estrella invitada favorita de Smallville con la que trabajaste?
John: "Cuando Chris Reeve hizo un par de episodios cuando estaba en la silla de ruedas. Trabajé con él antes de su accidente y fue increíble el ver lo espiritual que se volvió sobre el trabajo y sobre la vida. Fue una experiencia que me abrió los ojos. Así es que, diría que Chris Reeve."

Question: ¿Cómo te preparaste para interpretar a Tess en el episodio de Luthor? ¿Cómo fue el besar a Tom Welling?
Cassidy: "Sí... sí. Lo siento, estaba soñando despierta con ellos. Él es alto. Muy gentil. Fue genial el besar a Tom Welling. No hay nada malo con besar a Tom Welling. Os lo recomiendo a todos. Vi a la Tess de Tierra 2 Tess como a una malcriada. La vi como una niña rica de gossip girl. Que conseguía todo lo que quería y no tenía una buena relación con su padre. Era un poco más joven y menos madura, así es como intenté interpretarla y espero que saliera así."

Question: Un chico pregunta si fue mejor el trabajar con Lex o Clark diciendo que todas las chicas de la carpa preferirían trabajar con Tom.
Cassidy: "Esa es probablemente una apuesta segura. Harías dinero con eso."
John: "Te divertirías mucho más con Lex." (risas de la multitud)
Cassidy: "Eso puede que sea muy cierto en realidad."

Question: Pregunta de Vampire Diaries. ¿Cómo fue el besar a Damon?
Cassidy: "Damas, no voy a mentir. Tengo un buen trabajo. (riendo). Ian es en realidad mi amigo así es que fue muy familiar y divertido. El hecho de que estuviéramos en una dicha es también interesante. Es un encanto y también es muy gentil. Hay como 85 personas mirando y gritando 'la cabeza a la izquierda' y tú estás como 'Estoy teniendo un momento aquí'. Así es que, para que lo sepáis no es la cosa más íntima del mundo pero no es un mal día en el trabajo."

Question: ¿Qué piensas sobre el tira y afloja entre Lex y tú durante toda la serie?
John: "Como dije, Michael es Michael y fue divertido. Ambos nos dimos cuenta de que a veces nos repetíamos a nosotros mismos y él encontraba una forma porque tiene mucha inventiva. Cuando pasaba especialmente al principio, podía ser muy exasperante pero luego me daba cuenta y decía, no espera, él sabe exactamente lo que está haciendo. Encontramos una manera de interpretar. Nos lo pasamos muy bien y le echo de menos."

¿Episodio favorito de Smallville?:
John: "Estuve en 145 episodios. Recordaréis en el que tuve que rescatar a Martha. Sí, ese fue divertido de hacer. Aunque no sé si lo vi. ¿Fue bueno cuando lo pusieron? (riendo). Ése fue muy divertido."
Cassidy: "Me gustó el ser un zombie y me gustó el matar a zombies con mi espada samurai."
John: "¿Cuándo fue eso?"
Cassidy: "No estabas ahí."
John: "Esto empezó como un drama familiar."
Cassidy: "Fue muy divertido. Dijeron vas a ser un zombie y también vas a matar zombies y vas a recibir entrenamiento con la espada samurai y to estaba como 'firma eso'. Hubo una escena en el hospital cuando me convertí en zombie. Erica y Tom entraron y realmente no habíamos hablado antes de la escena y se me acercaban en la cama de hospital. Erica iba a hacerme preguntas y Tom estaba como 'dale un segundo' y yo me giraba convertida por completo en zombie. Histérica. Con los dientes negros. Gritando y crujiendo los dietes. Fue bastante aproximado. Después de que gritaran 'corten', Tom dijo 'No quiero hacer esto más'. Creo que le esusté un poco. Ese y el episodio en el que Chloe me clavaba una aguja en el corazón. Ella me mató para salvarme y luego me salvó para salvarme. Eso fue divertido también. Me gustan esos episodios."

Algunas otras preguntas. Ambos fueron presentados en los premios Superman of Metropolis. Cassidy Freeman tenía sacado su teléfono haciéndole fotos a la gente en la carpa y también hizo lo mismo en la estatua de Superman. Mucha diversión con ellos posando con la estatua y disfrutando con ello. Se giraron hacia todos lados asegurándose de que todos consiguieran su foto.

¡Un momento genial con ellos el sábado y sé que todos los que asistimos les agradecemos a Cassidy y a John por estar en Metrópolis!

http://www.theentertainmentwrapup.com/2 ... lle-q.html

Imagen Imagen

Svmarines
Lois Lane
Lois Lane

Mensaje por Svmarines »

- Exclusiva: La estrella de SMALLVILLE Cassidy Freeman habla sobre el final de la serie de Superman (assignmentx.com):
Exclusiva: La estrella de SMALLVILLE Cassidy Freeman habla sobre el final de la serie de Superman
La actriz habla sobre la evolución de Tess y su muerte en SMALLVILLE
Por SEAN ELLIOTT 15 de junio, 2012 09:08 AM

Actress Cassidy Freeman has another hit series on her hands. The talented and beautiful young woman can currently be found on A&E’s top rated cable series LONGMIRE. In this series, Cassidy plays Walt Longmire’s (Robert Taylor) daughter Cady, who is a lawyer in a small town in Wyoming.

Before that show got up and running a lot of fans know her best as Tess from the long running CW series SMALLVILLE, and she did a guest star run on another popular CW show THE VAMPIRE DIARIES.

She spoke to ASSIGNMENT X recently about the end of SMALLVILLE and how she felt about the demise of her character and transitioning from bad to good on the series.

ASSIGNMENT X: How did you feel about the final episode of SMALLVILLE and Clark finally donning the Superman costume?

FREEMAN: I loved the final episode. It seems so long ago at this point, but it was just over a year. I remember reading it and almost crying because it was such a beautiful wrap up. There was a lot of pressure for the show runners. Ten years, such an iconic character, such a hugely loved and watched show; and they wrapped it up really well. I’m glad Tom (Welling) signed on for the tenth season because he really didn’t have to and I think it needed it. It was a beautiful bow.

AX: If all involved had been willing, do you think it could have gone for another season or two?

FREEMAN: I think that show could be like a soap opera and could go on for thirty years if it really wanted to. As long as we could find some kind of youth serum so none of us age. [Laughs] I think if it had gone on another season it would have been out of sadness and not wanting a show you love to end. I think it was the right time to wrap it up.

AX: How did you feel about Tess’ ending?

FREEMAN: It was a big 180 at the end. I wasn’t supposed to die and then Michael Rosenbaum said he was coming back, and the producers told me I had to die. I thought, “OK”. To be honest I actually loved how she ended, because she was a martyr. I love that she played a part in the story that sets it up for how we know Superman; where the story picks up later with Lex Luthor not knowing anything about Clark Kent or Superman. I loved that she played that part and then kind of faded away again into the background of being dead. I think I died four times on SMALLVILLE. She floated away because she wasn’t a real character; she was an awesome mixture of two characters. I just love that it set it up so perfectly for how we know Superman after that.

AX: Did you like becoming a full time hero by the last season?

FREEMAN: Oh yeah! Hell yeah! Being a villain is fun, but you can only make that face for so long, and then you have to start smiling. It’s just movement. When I read a script, the first thing I look towards is whether or not the character changes at all. That’s what makes them interesting and human, because we’re all constantly going through change. So if a character has an arc, whoever it may be, if they start in one place and something inspires them to change and be something else that’s a story. So Tess to me was the most human character on that show; she came in one way and left a completely different way. Which I thought was awesome.

http://www.assignmentx.com/2012/exclusi ... an-series/

Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Un corto de Cassidy Presentado en "Columbia Gorge International Film Festival" (d2cassidyfreeman):
Un corto de Cassidy Presentado en "Columbia Gorge International Film Festival"
16 de Junio, 2012

Hace unos días, la selección del "Columbia Gorge International Film Festival" ha sido anunciada.

En la lista se incluye “Guitar Face”, un corto escrito por Gloria Calderon Kellett y dirigido por Chris Hanada. La duración de la película es de unos 10 minutos. Cassidy interpreta un personaje llamado "Hope".

Sinopsis: Un aspirante a estrella de rock y camarero con el corazón roto en un pub de variedades se apodera del escenario y le canta sus sentimientos a una perpleja audiencia. A través de sus embarazosas interpretaciones, consigue superar su ruptura y se abre a alguien nuevo.

El festival será celebrado del 15 al 19 de Agosto del 2012 y celebrará su 5º Aniversario.

http://devotedtocassidyfreeman.com/cass ... -festival/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Links de Longmire:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Cassidy Freeman Habla sobre "Longmire" y lo que no vimos en "The Playboy Club" (afterellen.com):
Cassidy Freeman Habla sobre "Longmire" y lo que no vimos en "The Playboy Club"
Por Trish Bendix, 19 de Junio, 2012

If Cassidy Freeman looks familiar, it's because you've seen her in several different kinds of shows, always playing memorable characters. Like Tess Mercer in Smallville, who constantly battled her dark side. Or the red-headed sultry vampire named Sage on The Vampire Diaries. But you might also recognize her from her brief stint on NBC's canceled The Playboy Club, where Cassidy appeared all-too-briefly as Frances Dunhill, a woman-about-town who was using Nick Dalton as a beard to hide her homosexuality. Now Cassidy is part of the cast of A&E's Longmire, which you may have started watching for its other major female star, Katee Sackhoff.

Longmire, which has been a huge success in its first three weeks on air, is based on the Walt Longmire book series by Craig Johnson, which follows a police chief as he recovers from the death of his wife and faces re-election in his small Montana town. Cassidy plays Cady Longmire, Walt's daughter who has come back to Montana from the East Coast to help her father move on with his life. (Sackhoff plays Vic, a deputy under Walt Longmire and one of his biggest supporters.)

Cassidy talked with us about her new character, what we missed from her lesbian character on The Playboy Club and her pick for the Hot 100.

AfterEllen.com: So congratulations on the success of Longmire. You must be pretty excited.
Cassidy Freman: Thank you, yeah, very excited.

AE: Can you give us an overview of what we might expect to see from your character, Cady?
CF: Absolutely. Cady is obviously Walt's daughter. She's like his humanity. She brings him back to his emotional self and she's his heart and that father daughter relationship is really important and she's kind of the only thing she has left now that his wife has passed away. You're going to not only see Cady interacting with her dad privately but also in her own life in Wyoming. In the book she's in Philadelphia but they wanted this character to be in Wyoming and be present. She's a lawyer and she wants to go practice law but she doesn't want to leave her dad. She worries about him and she wants him to grieve her mom and move on and he kind of won't do that. It's also think she's a little scary to be away from the one person she has left in the world, in her family. It's been beautiful because they love each other but they totally annoy each other sometimes. And she also has a romance on the show, which I won't spoil but it's pretty controversial and you'll get to see the more serious side of the show with the crime drama aspect.

AE: We have a big fan base on our site for Katee Sackhoff can you tell us if you two are going to have any scenes together coming up or tease anything?
CF: We do have scenes together coming up. Not a whole lot, but some. And she's great.

AE: What's your relationship like with her on the show? Are Cady and Katee's character Vic friendly?
CF: I think they are friendly and totally respect each other but they don't really know each other. I think that Vic thinks Cady Longmire is kind of a goodie goodie and is annoyed with her girl next door perfect daughterness and Cady is pretty quiet about the things that don't make her perfect so she actually has more of a darker streak than Vic might not know about. It's two strong women and they don't necessarily have any beef with each other but at the same time they are kind of always eying each other like what are you up to.

AE: Which is interesting because you guys are pretty much the only major women on the show so I'm just wondering if there is anything that might happen in future episodes where you do maybe have more of a relationship or a friendship?
CF: Yeah, I hope so. The creators of this show have quite a challenge to create not only crime drama aspects but also these complex characters in only 10 episodes and it's really difficult. I think that crossing fingers that the show continues on that our relationship is going to be fleshed out more.

AE: What interested you in the part and in the show? Were you a fan of the books?
CF: I had not read the books yet. My father had. The script came across my eyes when I was finishing Smallville. And you know, when you read things they kind of go in one eye and out the other if that makes sense and this one really stuck with me because it made me slow down while I was reading it. You read other scripts like the Charlie's Angels and the fast scripts with fight and helicopters and stuff [Laughs] and you kind of get used to that pace. And then this script came and I read it and I had to actually slow down my reading to really feel what was going on and I thought that was really interesting. I thought it was really telling that this was going to be a different kind of show so I wanted to audition for it.

AE: I have to say that I was really sad The Playboy Club was cancelled because I really enjoyed that show and I wish we would have gotten to see more of your character. Was there anything that you had already filmed that you could tell us about that had happened between your character and Bunny Alice?
CF: Yeah, absolutely. We actually filmed four whole episodes together. And only one of them aired. [Laughs]

AE: I know! I was so sad!
CF: Yeah, bummer. We had three more episodes and her relationship with Alice. We had those beautiful moments where they would flirt and there was this really great scene in the fourth episode that we filmed where I told her that if she wasn't ready then that was ok. Trying to be really understanding because it was so difficult to have that kind of relationship in that time. And she said she was ready and it was a beautiful moment between the two of us where we both sort of signed on for this relationship. I was awaiting the next script and they were like "The show's cancelled." [Laughs] I was like "No! How can you cancel these awesome characters?" I thought that storyline was such an important thing to have on television and unfortunately they didn't get to show it.

AE: Yeah, that was such a bummer because it was just the beginning of seeing you in that relationship and that would have been so cool to see. What drew you to The Playboy Club and that character that made you want to audition for it?
CF: I actually originally auditioned for that reporter guest-star and when you audition for a guest-star they usually don't give you the whole episode so I hadn't even read the whole episode and I was like "Yeah, sure! The Playboy Club — that sounds awesome. Cool new show, shoots in Chicago — that's where I'm from" and then auditioned for the reporter role and the casting director was like, "Actually, will you come back in and audition for a recurring socialite closed lesbian character and I was like, "Um, come again?"

AE: [Laughs]
CF: Socialite closeted lesbian? Are you kidding? I'm so there! What a cool f--king character to play.

AE: Yeah.
CF: In the 1960s and especially in Chicago! I just loved that it was my home town, that I knew that city. I just thought the gay and lesbian movement in that time was so interesting to me and was such an important part of our history. I was really interested in The Playboy's Club and Hugh Hefner and I know everyone has their options and I've watched various documentaries that paint him in various lights but without judging, it's a part of our history in this country and people were just not ready for it. That's OK though.

CF: I loved the idea and to play a character that controversial was super cool.

AE: Definitely. I was wondering too when you go to play a character like her opposed to Cady, do you consider her as a sexual being and do you consider what their desires are when you play them?
CF: Yes, definitely. I mean look at the difference between Frances Dunhill and Cady Longmire. They are very different, they have very different energy. I think I start with voice and physicality. In The Playboy Club I had to think about the era. I had to think about how a woman would move back then, I had to think about how a lesbian would move back then, I had to think about it on so many different levels and once I have it in my body then everything seems to fall into place. There was this really great scene where I go into The Playboy Club and I'm sitting at the table and I'm looking at all these bunnies [Laughs] and their outfits and I remember thinking, "Frances would be so attracted to all these women but would have to hide that."

CF: But yet she can kind of show it because it's fantastical. So that was a really interesting scene to figure out what Frances would be paying attention to and sort of hiding her excitement at seeing these women in these costumes.

AE: Totally. That would have to be hard to be eyeing them but pretending not to be.
CF: Yes she has a like where she say, "This place is really wild!"[Laughs]

CF: And they were like "Oh, we can go somewhere else," thinking that it was offending her and she's like "Oh, no, oh, no, that's cool."

AE: Wonderful. I was also reading online that some people thought there were some lesbian undertones for your character on Smallville. I was wondering if you ever saw that or if you think people just like to read into subtext?
CF: [Laughs] Yes, I think people do like to read into subtext. I also think that Tess Mercer was a really special character. I don't think that she was a lesbian but I definitely think she could be that girl who would kiss another girl at a party.

CF: You know, to shock someone. I think she was really open and free in that way and just super-sexual. I mean, they set it up in this way where I had a lot of scenes with Erica and I'd be, like, fingering her French maid costume.

AE: Right.
CF:I'd be like "You get what this looks like, right? I mean, you're not idiots."

AE: [Laughs] Right, right.

CF: And they'd be like, "Yeah, no, no, no, it's good." I think they may have painted a few undertones but I don't think that was really meant to be a storyline.

AE: Do you identify with any of your characters more than another one?
CF: I have to identify with all of them or I can't play them. I think Cady Longmire I definitely identify with and I think it's easier because she's the most natural character I've played to date. Depending on the character I might have to dig deep to find their normalism and humanism and the things that I can relate to. Like with The Vampire Diaries or with The Playboy Club — well, actually, The Playboy Club was actually pretty natura,l too. But Cady Longmire is pretty natural and I don't have to dig that deep to find the things I relate to. I grew up in Montana half the time and I'm very connected to that part of the world and I love my dad. And I know what it's like to want something bigger than you have so all those things made her super relatable to me.

AE: Cool. I also saw that you attended the series finale party of The L Word. Were you a fan of the show?
CF: I was a fan of that show. I loved that show, I thought it was a lot of fun. I actually got on the bandwagon late and then ended up watching a lot of it on dvd but I loved that show. I just thought it would be a really cool party to go to.

AE: Definitely. And on our site every year our readers vote on the hottest 100 women and I was just wondering if there was someone you could nominate like a celebrity or woman you love would you say is the hottest woman.
CF: A celebrity?

AE: Yes.
CF: I'm like, "My mom!" No, I'm only kidding.

CF: A hot celebrity — I've got to say i've always had it out for Maggie Gyllenhaal. I just think she's sexy as hell. I think she's different looking and I think she's f--king awesome! [Laughs]

AE: Yeah!
CF: I actually have a picture of her that I've had for about eight years that I pulled out of a magazine because I love the picture so much and I put it in my work folder. I have this sort of clear folder that has my headshots and resumes and audition work and whatever and her picture is on the back side of it facing out because I just think she's so strong.

AE: She is. I've always loved her since Secretary. That was my favorite movie back in the day. I used to love her in that.
CF: Yeah, that was a great movie.

AE: Anything you can tease about Longmire to keep people tuned in and watching?
CF: There is a really big secret that is revealed at the end of the series and you don't have to wait that long because there are only 10 episodes. So there is a big reveal at the end and you know, little personal reveals as we go along with my relationship and Katee Sackhoff's — Vic's — relationship and all that stuff so, definitely gets more personal as the show goes on.

http://www.afterellen.com/content/2012/ ... ayboy-club

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Cassidy Freeman Habla sobre LONGMIRE, SMALLVILLE, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES y su grupo, THE REAL D’COY (collider.com):
Cassidy Freeman Habla sobre LONGMIRE, SMALLVILLE, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES y su grupo, THE REAL D’COY
Por Christina Radish 24 de Junio, 2012 at 8:52 am

The A&E drama series Longmire, based on the Walt Longmire mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson, is a contemporary crime thriller set in Wyoming. Walt Longmire (Australian actor Robert Taylor) is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, who buries the pain of losing his wife behind a brave face and dry wit. With the help of Victoria “Vic” Moretti (Katee Sackhoff), a female deputy new to the department, Longmire becomes reinvigorated about his job and committed to running for re-election, as he rebuilds his personal and professional life.

During this recent exclusive phone interview with Collider, actress Cassidy Freeman – who plays Walt’s only daughter, Cady Longmire, an attorney with dreams of the big city – talked about auditioning for this role while she was still playing Tess Mercer on Smallville, how excited the cast was to hear the show premiered as the most-watched original series on A&E, how she can easily identify with her character, what it’s been like to work with Robert Taylor, and why she enjoys the shorter shooting schedule for cable TV. She also talked about the band she has with her brother, called The Real D’Coy, getting stopped by fans for her roles on Smallville and The Vampire Diaries, playing strong characters, and her dream of playing an old movie star in the story of her life. Check out what she had to say after the jump.

Collider: How did youlongmire-cassidy-freeman originally come to be a part of Longmire? Did you just go through the typical auditioning process for it?

CASSIDY FREEMAN: It was a regular audition process. I was still working on Smallville, up in Vancouver, and I had this audition. I was reading scripts. It was pilot season. I was excited to try to see if I could get on another show, and this script came along and I really, really liked it. So, I told my people in L.A. that I really wanted to audition in person for this, and that’s how it happened.

Since it’s so hard to get a show on the air, was it nice to learn that this was the network’s most-watched original series when it premiered on June 3rd?

FREEMAN: Oh, we were super excited when we heard that. We all haven’t exhaled completely because you never know. There are really great shows out there that just don’t make it, for whatever reason. You can’t control that. But, we were really excited about the turn-out for the premiere. The publicity side did a really great job, and it’s just something that’s different and people want that.

Had you intentionally been looking for something so different from Smallville and your role on that show?

FREEMAN: I’mcassidy-freeman-longmire not sure that there’s anything a lot like Smallville, so I wasn’t really worried about finding something too similar. But, it’s a great opportunity to get to do something really different. Everyone, however, wants me to have red hair, which I don’t understand because it’s not my natural color. Every job I’ve had since Smallville has wanted me to have red hair, so I have to thank Smallville for that. But, just the fact that it was so different was appealing to me. As an actor, you want to be able to play a lot of different things. I played Tess Mercer for three years and I loved it, but I wanted less time in the hair and make-up trailer, and I got it.

Do you prefer stuff that is more grounded in reality, or do you enjoy the big fantasy stuff?

FREEMAN: I’m goinglongmire-cassidy-freeman-image to be honest, I’m not really that picky when it comes to genre. I’m more interested in if I like the writing and if I like the character I’m playing. A lot of people have asked me, “Do you like Tess Mercer? Do you like your characters?,” and I think you have to like your characters, or at least part of them, in order to be able to play them. So, I look for interesting storylines, and I thought Tess Mercer had one of the most interesting human storylines in a superhero show, ever. She changed, which people don’t do in superhero stuff. And I liked Cady Longmire because she was really struggling. She felt conflicted between a duty to her family and a duty to her father, and a responsibility that may be self-inflicted, and then this wish to move away and start her own life, which can be equally scary and exciting.

Since viewers only got to see a glimpse of your character in the pilot, what can you say about who Cady Longmire is and how she fits into things?

FREEMAN: She grew cassidy-freeman-longmireup in Wyoming with her mom and her dad, and her mom died a year ago while she was at law school, and now, she’s a lawyer. Her plan was to leave Wyoming and move to the east coast to practice law in a big city. That has gotten squashed by her mother’s death. She doesn’t want to leave her dad alone, so she stays at home and practices law. She has this struggle where she really wants something bigger out of her life. She feels ready to go explore and be on her own, and yet she feels tied to her dad because she loves him so much and she’s worried about him.

Is she someone who you find yourself easily identifying with, or do you find that she’s very different from who you are?

FREEMAN: I think there are definitely similar aspects between the two of us. I do identify with her, which is probably why I like her so much. I was so excited about playing her because I felt like, even with that one scene in the pilot, I had a lot to offer and a lot to do. I have a great relationship with my dad, so I understand that father-daughter relationship a lot. Cady is really strong and she has a clear idea of what’s right and wrong, or rather the idea of justice and rules. Even though she might break the rules for herself, once in awhile, she holds others and the community, as a whole, to a pretty high standard, and I totally relate to that.

How do you see the father-daughter relationship developing this season, and what’s it been like to work with Robert Taylor?

FREEMAN: It’s glongmire-robert-taylorreat to work with Robert. Robert is a new father, so I think he’s figuring out a lot about parenthood, as it’s going. It’s funny to think, but if he were actually to have me as his daughter, he would have had me pretty young. For the first time, I’m actually playing younger than I am, and he might be playing a little bit older. But, he’s such an open and loving guy, and he’s so quick to give a hug or a shoulder squeeze, and to be there to really experience this with. I feel fortunate that he and I have such great father-daughter chemistry, and I think that that’s a relationship that isn’t really shown on television a lot. Women usually have sexual relationships or romantic relationships or bad romantic relationships, and therefore are fighting. This is a really complex relationships between a father and a daughter because you have such deep familial love, but you also have a lot of worry about judgement. Daughters always want to be accepted by their fathers, and as they become women, that gets harder and harder to do. And fathers always want to be loved by their daughters, but as soon as they see their faults, that’s also difficult to do.

Will viewers get to see more of who your character is, aside from just her relationship with her father?

FREEMAN: Yeah,cassidy-freeman-image you totally will. Her law degree and her knowledge of how to get around bureaucracy and the system is going to come in handy with the crimes that Walt is trying to solve. She gets to play a part in that, a little bit. And then, she also has a relationship of her own that she’s pretty private about, and she doesn’t really want her dad knowing about. That also brings some intrigue to her character.

Will you be interacting with some of Walt’s co-workers then?

FREEMAN: Yeah. It’s such a small town and everybody but Vic Moretti, played by Katee Sackhoff, grew up there. Cady, Branch (Bailey Chase) and Ferg (Adam Bartley) all knew each other, growing up. It wasn’t necessarily that they were all really good friends. They’re all probably various ages. But, they definitely knew who each other were, so it has that small town feel. I don’t interact an incredible amount with them, in the beginning of the season, because they really have to try to flesh out all these characters at once. She definitely has a connection with Henry Standing Bear (Lou Diamond Phillips) as well because he’s like her godfather. He’s like the cool uncle that gave her beer.

Do you enjoy the schedule for cable TV where you do fewer episodes and have more time to do other work, in between seasons?

FREEMAN: I am such cassidy-freeman-comic-conthat person that, when I’m working, I’m like, “Oh, what I wouldn’t give for a weekend off!” And then, as soon as I have more that 18 hours without anything to do, I start shaking. It’s really funny. My boyfriend laughs at me because three days off a show, I’ll be like, “God, I’m feeling antsy!,” and he’s like, “Are you kidding?! It’s been three days!” I love to work. I’ll work all the time, unless somebody stops me. I love it, love it, love it! Everyone likes to work on a lot of different things, so what the cable schedule does for me – and this is my first time doing it – is that it gives you three months of really great work, and then it opens up the rest of the year to try to do other stuff. I came from theater and I play in a band and I have a dog that requires way too much of my attention. I have all these other great things that I love to do, and cable allows me to do all of them, which is a really great gift.

Are you recording with your band?

FREEMAN: Yeah. cassidy-freeman-the-real-d-coyWe were actually about to go back into the recording studio, and then we got this opportunity to play at the Isle of Wight festival in England in two weeks. We’re going to head over England to play that show, so we’re trying to rehearse for that incredible opportunity, which may be a little bit out of our league, I’m going to be honest. We’ve really honed down some new songs that we might be recording right after that, which would be great.

What’s the name of the band and what kind of music do you do?

FREEMAN: We’re called The Real D’Coy. My brother calls it theatrical indie rock. He’s our drummer and his name is Clark, which is really funny for people. It’s rock music.

Do you still get stopped as often for your work on Smallville, or do you get more people approaching you now for playing Sage on The Vampire Diaries?

FREEMAN: It’s funny, but I get both. If people recognize me from The Vampire Diaries, they just give me that look that’s like, “I think I know you. I think I saw you boxing in 1912, but I’m not sure,” because it was such a short-lived run. If people recognize me from Smallville and they have it in them to do it, they’ll say something, which I totally appreciate and think is really, really sweet. I’ve never been off-put by a fan.

Your roles on Smallville and The Vampire Diaries, and even on Longmire, are pretty strong women. Is that something you’re consciously attracted to, or does that just come out of who you are?

FREEMAN: I think types have a lot to do with it. When cassidy-freeman-longmire-imageyou’re starting out in Hollywood, you walk into a room and give off a certain energy, and that’s how you’re received. I don’t think it’s until you get further along in your career that you can start picking and choosing things and saying,”I want to play this type of character because no one has ever seen me in that light.” I don’t think I have that freedom quite yet. I think I give off a strong energy. I’m 5’9″, I’m pretty athletic and I’m pretty outspoken. That’s how I am. I think it happens because it’s a big part of me and it’s an energy I give off. I can’t wait until the day when I can play every color in the rainbow. But, I will say that I don’t dislike it. I do like playing strong roles.

Is there a dream role that you’d love to do, if given the opportunity?

FREEMAN: Yeah, I want to play an old movie star in the story of her life. I have one, in particular, but I’m hesitant to say it because I don’t want to jinx it.

http://collider.com/cassidy-freeman-lon ... ew/173042/

- Cassidy Freeman de 'Longmire' su aparición en 'CSI' y el conocer cada palabra de 'Dirty Dancing' (zap2it):
Cassidy Freeman de 'Longmire' su aparición en 'CSI' y el conocer cada palabra de 'Dirty Dancing'
Por Jay Bobbin 24 de Junio, 2012 3:00 PM ET

After three seasons of living in a fantasy world on "Smallville," Cassidy Freeman is playing it much more down to earth.

Formerly the villainous Tess Mercer on the young-Superman saga, the actress is now seen Sundays as Cady, the supportive lawyer daughter of the title Wyoming sheriff - and recent widower - played by Australia's Robert Taylor in "Longmire," A&E Network's modern Western inspired by best-selling novels by Craig Johnson.

"I grew up in Montana, and both of my parents were attorneys," the good-humored Freeman tells Zap2it. "They're now retired, and I called my dad and said, 'I have this really great test for a show, and I play a lawyer from Wyoming.' And he said, 'Cass, if you don't get this, I really think you should stop acting.' "

Freeman embraces playing a character who's based much more in reality than her previous one: "I've tried to make this, coming out of something so comic-book-stylized, as simple as I could. I thought about who Cady is, what she comes from, what it would be like to lose your mother and to feel like you're responsible for your father. It really feels natural to me, even though in the end, it's a different person's life."

Freeman takes special pride in having been a guest on "the trifecta" of all three of CBS' "CSI" shows. "I think a lot of the actors on those shows love the consistency. That's what makes them happy, but I think the most interesting parts there are the guest roles. I've gotten to play a freaked-out rookie cop, then a murdering bartender, then a hooker. I got to tell my entire family right before the holidays, 'Watch me on "CSI" as a hooker!' I can't tell you how proud they were."

On going from one series role right into her next: "We finished [production on 'Smallville'] in March last year, then we shot this pilot in late April and early May. We didn't know if we were getting picked up until August."

Favorite movie: " 'The Last Unicorn.' I know every word to 'Dirty Dancing,' but for me, it's 'The Last Unicorn.' "

Favorite television series you're not in: " 'Felicity' was my favorite show."

Favorite singer: "That would be my mom. She taught me how to sing, and that's kind of the best part."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... ncing.html?

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Trailer del episodio 1.05 "Dog Soldier" de "Longmire":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7RpIbpD ... e=youtu.be

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Cassidy Freeman habla sobre el morir en THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (AssingnementX.com):
Cassidy Freeman habla sobre el morir en THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
Por SEAN ELLIOTT 25 de Junio, 2012 09:10 AM

Actress Cassidy Freeman has another hit series on her hands. The talented and beautiful young woman can currently be found on A&E’s top rated cable series LONGMIRE. In this series, Cassidy plays Walt Longmire’s (Robert Taylor) daughter Cady, who is a lawyer in a small town in Wyoming.

Once the LONGMIRE pilot was shot, the actress had about a year in between that and the second episode to fill. During that time she did a guest star run on the popular CW show THE VAMPIRE DIARIES. ASSIGNMENT X chatted with Freeman about LONGMIRE, but also got the chance to see what it was like for the actress to be a boxing vampire in 1912, and how she felt about having such a short story arc.

ASSIGNMENT X: How was being on THE VAMPIRE DIARIES? Did you know the arc for Sage was going to be “hello” and then “goodbye”?

CASSIDY FREEMAN: [Laughs] I did. Actually I knew from the beginning. They had this character they really wanted to put in from the stories. They asked me to do it and I was so honored, and I wanted to do it because I know a lot of the creators and producers on the show. So I told them I would love to do it, and they told me it would only be for three episodes because LONGMIRE wanted to make sure I was available when they needed me. So it was a scheduling thing. I thought that was OK, I die well. I enjoy dying. [Laughs] I think I’ve died eight or nine times on television at this point. My mother is horrified by that. I was glad to be there for that condensed period of time and have a lot of fun with that character, but I knew Sage was going to die.

AX: At least you got to wear some pretty period clothes.

FREEMAN: “Pretty clothes”? What do you mean…that onesie I was boxing in? With the corset and the eighty pound wig on my head? [Laughs] Yeah that was fun. Actually I’m joking but it was really fun. It was a half wig, so the front was my hair, but the huge braid obviously wasn’t my hair. First of all whenever you see a fight scene in a movie or a TV show, that scene started out as something twenty times longer and they always cut it down to three seconds. So it was an entire day of me boxing in a onsie, in 1912, with a wig on, and taking all their hits. I got hit a lot. I had muscles in my neck that I didn’t know I had that were sore the next day.

http://www.assignmentx.com/2012/exclusi ... e-diaries/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Longmire" se renueva para una segunda temporada (Deadline.com):
Tras cuatro semanas en antena, la nueva serie de A&E "Longmire", en la que trabaja Cassidy Freeman ha sido renovada para una segunda temporada.

La serie protagonizada por Robert Taylor y Katee Sackhoff se estrenó con 4.1 millones de espectadores y se convirtió en el debut más visto de todos los tiempos de A&E y el nuevo drama de cable más valorado en el 2012 entre los adultos de 25-54 (1.4 millón de espectadores). Durante sus 4 primeros capítulos, Longmire ha alcanzado un total de 3.9 millones de espectadores y 5.3 millones con el Live +7 durante las primeras 2 semanas.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/longmir ... ae-series/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Video de Cassidy Freeman Cantando con The Real D´Coy:

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Tess Mercer (Cassidy Freeman)”