Información y renovados para la Décima Temporada

Spoilers, teorías, posibles argumentos.

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

TRISKY
Lionel Luthor
Lionel Luthor

Re: Información y renovados para la Décima Temporada

Mensaje por TRISKY »

Hola.Gracias a Shelby por las traducciones, la de la entrevista maravillosa y gracias a Chistian por los videos de las temporadas, de verdad que muchas gracias por tanto como currais para que no nos falta información sobre la serie, que ya se nos va, tristemente ha llegado el fin. :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 He estado mirando de nuevo la entrevista de la tele con el tal Jimmy y la verdad parece muy entretenido y distendido , si alguien fuera tan amable de poner un poquito sobre todo la parte en que Tom habla y habla de la fiesta sorpresa que le prepara su mujer y habla de los amigos y debe de explicar algo de la casa, bueno si hay algún voluntario/a que nos pueda decir algo pues bienvenido sea :smt023 .He escrito en las postales para casi todos los actores, dese luego gana TOM por goleada en el número de firmas- como no podia ser de otra manera. ¡Que super guapo está en la entrevista de la tele! vamos que le queda el traje para morirte :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 ¡¡¡¡ madre, madre !!!!!!!!! que suerte ha tenido una que yo sé. :smt013 :super09 :super14

Svmarines
Lois Lane
Lois Lane

Mensaje por Svmarines »

Yo tambien kiero eso Muna !!!!!!!!!!!

Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Smallville: 9 Super Episodios (EW.com):

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,2048866 ... l#20948208

- Entrevista a Al Septien & Turi Meyer (thegorgeousgeeks.com):
Entrevista a Al Septien & Turi Meyer
Smallville, Vampire Diaries, y cómo entrar en el negocio
Por The Gorgeous Geeks, 12 de Mayo, 2011

Smallville has brought about some mixed reviews from The Gorgeous Geeks. Some episodes we found unnecessary, pure crap, entertaining, inspiring, and some even had the power of "replay". We noticed a pattern with some of our favorites: they were all directed and written by the fabulous duo, Al Septien and Turi Meyer. They are two of the best Smallville writers, so we took great pleasure in having the opportunity to interview them, especially since they wrote the first part of the Smallville finale and The Vampire Diaries finale, “As I Lay Dying”.

Christina: How proud are you of the finale for Smallvile?

Turi: Very proud

Al: We think it’s awesome.

Turi: We think it’s the best stuff we’ve ever done.

Katrina: I'm so excited now!

Al: It was a real honor to be asked to write the first half of the finale. Kelly (Souders) and Brian (Peterson) have always been really nice to us and good to us. We’re thrilled to be part of it, because it’s not only a historic event in terms of Smallville, and Superman, but a historic TV event. So we’re very happy and excited.

Christina: So you don’t think the fans will be disappointed at all?

Turi: I hope not. I wasn’t disappointed. And I’m a huge fan myself. I think fans will be very pleased.

Al: Some fans are going to be disappointed. You’re gonna piss off some people no matter what. Some of the shows that we thought were some of the best shows we’ve done, it was always one or two fans that came out and were pissed off about it. And you know, it's like, what are you gonna do?

Turi: You can’t please everybody.

Al: You can’t please everybody. But I think people will be excited and happy over all.

Katrina: How do you guys go about taking liberties with the Superman mythology? Because like in "Scion" there was so much you could do with Superboy and with the mythology. How do you know which lines to cross and not to cross, what to take in and take out?

Turi: Well you try to be as true to the mythology as you can. With the show being on the air for ten years, it’s generated its own mythology. So you also be true to the Smallville mythology, what you created over the ten year span of Clark Kent’s life. I think there’s definitely that fine line between the two, but we try to be very true to the mythology.

Al: There’s so many different versions of the Superman story. Even different versions of the Conner Kent story which is a relatively new one. So we kind of have to pick and choose and then like Turi said, create our own mythology.

Turi: First and foremost, I think you have to always try to be true to Smallville as much as possible. That was the world we were in. That was the stories we were telling. Our whole goal is to then start bringing more of the mythology in and as you got closer to Clark putting on the suit…..you really wanted to build the mythology.

Christina: So are you guys big Superman fans?

Al & Turi: Yeah!

Turi: I was always into comic books when I was a kid. I collected comic books and enjoyed reading them.

Al: I did a little bit of comic books but most of my Superman knowledge came from the repeats of the George Reeves series on TV when I was a kid and then the Christopher Reeve, Richard Donner series of films. Those were the ones that I kind of knew more than the comic books really. Maybe a little bit from the comic books but more from those other shows.

Turi: And then being involved in the show too I think, we ended up learning quite a bit more.

Al: Right. Then at that point going back and reading more. Trying to read more of the original stuff, some of the Silver Age stuff, Gold age stuff. There’s a lot of good books on the history of Superman and we really used those as much as we could.

Turi: Yeah, as a present to myself for finishing the final season of Smallville, I went out and got myself a #6 Superman at the comic book store, a couple months back. We probably are pretty much comic book geeks at the heart of it.

Katrina: We love that! We absolutely love that so much.

Christina: So is working on this show like a dream come true then?

Turi: Yeah! It was a wonderful show to be involved with. We had everything from action to (the) comic book element to great emotion, great stories, great characters, it was a great job.

Al: Yeah. It builds on what we had started, because when we started, we started writing action movies and horror movies and it’s always this heightened reality. Which is kind of a playground we play in, and the sandbox we play in. So it fits very well and helps us expand our style and delve into other things a little bit, but still dwell on what we already kind of did. So we were very happy. And it was a great show.

Christina: Ok I wanna know, in season six, the episode "Labyrinth", whose idea was it to make Jor-El soap?

(Everyone laughs)

Turi: We were trying to get in all the elements in Clark’s life. And some were a lot easier than others. But when we got to Jor-el, it was like “Ok Jor-el, how are we gonna get that one in there?”

Al: I think it was Darren Swimmer, was the one that in the writer’s room said, “Jor-el sounds like Purell, or one of those soaps.” Then he said, “Jorel with jojoba oil.” And everybody in the room laughed and thought it was very funny and so we put it in.

Katrina: Yeah, that was brilliant. We never forgot that and we always talked about it 'til this day because it’s one of the funniest things I ever saw on that show.

Christina: I don’t know how funny that episode was intended to be but it was pretty hysterical.

Al: Well, we were having fun. In that one scene like Turi was talking about its kind of a The Usual Suspects scene, like at the end of The Usual Suspects scene, where Chazz Palminteri is looking on the board and all the pieces of Kevin Spaces’ story are right there in front of him and that was kind of the idea. So we took all the pieces of Clark’s life and explained them in a way in either magazine covers or pictures in the room of the asylum, and we had a lot of fun tying the pieces of Clark’s life to that particular room.

Katrina: Now I have to ask you guys, if there was a season 11, what kind of stories would you guys have wanted to write?

Al: Wow.

Turi: That’s a hard one. A lot of stories that we wanted to write, we’ve done, in building up to the finale in season 10. I would say in a way I think Smallville was near perfect, in a sense that, we went to 10 seasons; we had a lot of room to tell some great stories. I think a season 11 would have been problematic in some way. It’s a good wine; it finishes off right with no bad after taste.

Al: I think if we had gone to a season 11, I’m just kind of afraid, like Turi was saying; it would have been…we couldn’t make Clark Superman that was the thing. The series finishes with Clark becoming Superman. So what we would have to do is kind of tread water, waiting, figuring out, what else interrupted his growth. And I’m kind of glad that we didn’t have to do that I was talking the other day and saying we probably could have come up with another season. But the only thing is that it would have gotten frustrating. I remembered I hired a gardener once, who when he found out that I worked on Smallville said,” Oh my God I love the show, but when the hell is he gonna fly?” And that really pissed him off that he didn’t fly, and our feelings always was, he flies when he becomes Superman. Those two things come together for Clark and you know another season without him flying would be very frustrating.

Katrina: Yeah I think our mother would explode if that would have happened.

Al: Are you sisters?

Girls: Yeah

Al: Is it the three of you are sisters, or is it just the two of you and then a friend?

Katrina: No, we’re all sisters.

Al: Wow.

Christina: There’s six girls in our family and one boy.

Al: And is that your bedroom in where you guys do your youtube from? That you have converted into a geekdom?

Katrina: No, that’s our basement.

Al: I’m sure your mom is happy with that.

Katrina: Well yeah, cuz it’s not in her living room, so she doesn’t care. That’s like the bar area in our finished basement, so we just took it over and did that.

Christina: Yeah a room over is all of our comic books.

Al: Well we’re very happy that you guys are such passionate fans. It shows when you guys review the show. It seems like you’re passionate about all aspects of comic books and that whole world, but we’re very happy that you’re such big fans of Smallville. And the reviews too are very funny.

Katrina: Thank you!

Christina: I’m like, “Oh I’m glad I like their episodes. Because I know we’re not always nice.

Al: The two that I saw were nice. The review of "Harvest" and the other one was "Scion". You liked those two, so that we were happy with.

Katrina and Christina: Thanks.

Katrina: We have to ask you about The Vampire Diaries because you guys wrote the season finale for that too. So how was it working on The Vampire Diaries?

Turi: Great! Great bunch of people. Great writers and crew and actors, who do a fantastic job.

Al: Kevin (Williamson) and Julie (Plec) have done an amazing job of putting a great team together. It was a wonderful fit for us. We had worked in the past with Caroline Dries and that was a lot of fun to come into a room with her again. You know again, it’s a world that we know. Our past was in horror movies. Six years on Smallville where there’s a strong love story. We kind of felt this was a great show to move into from that so it exploited what we do. And we’ve enjoyed the time, and are happy to be coming back next year.

Katrina: So you guys are going to be continuously writing on The Vampire Diaries next year?

Al: We are yes.

Katrina: Ok that is so good to know.

Christina: So are there any inside jokes in the writers room; like everybody flies except Clark, or Lois gets knocked out again, or something like that?

Turi: Lois getting knocked out again was sort of a joke in the writer’s room. There’s others, but nothing that we can probably share because it would be too inappropriate.

Al: Actually the one that I think we can share is we always joked about Lex’s security. That he had the worst security company and the worse security in the history of mankind.

Turi: Yeah people would walk into the library unannounced.

Al: And if they were stopped, the security guard was hit or knocked unconscious.

Turi: Then right after the security guard would come into the library and go “Sir I’m very...” Then Lex would just shush them away.

Katrina: What advice do you give to other writers out there who are pursuing the same career as you guys?

Turi: Uh, don’t do what we did. (Laughs) I’m just kidding. You have to be really passionate about what you wanna do. My daughter actually wants to be a screen writer, so I had this conversation recently. She’s fourteen and she really wants to write psychological thrillers. So I had this conversation with her. First and foremost you have to write. Whether or not it gets made, you have to write. The more you write the better you’re gonna get at it. Then secondly you have to have a real passion for it. You really have to love it and you also have to eventually, hopefully have something to say at the end of the day. Just stick to it. Be persistent. We’re proof of that. We spent many years toiling away on stuff that never gotten made. Eventually things started to click and it wasn’t an over night success for us, it took a long time. So tenacity and persistence.

Al: And read too as an addition to writing, which is the most important thing. People make the mistake of writing one script and then thinking “Okay now this is it, I’ve got my script, I’m going to go out there and sell it”. It happens very, very rarely. You gotta write, finish your script, put it aside, or give it to people. While you’re trying to sell that or learning how to make it better, you gotta be writing your next project. We’ve written, that haven’t been made, 20 something scripts before we got into television. We wrote feature specs and we wrote television specs. You just keep continually writing and with that reading. Reading, I think, scripts and also focus on screen writing. There’s a lot of great books out there, the Robert McKee and the Syd Field’s books, all these different books that are out there from really talented people that know about the craft. And it’s all good advice. Or taking classes and practicing it that way. I think Turi was talking about, in terms of not doing what we did; we kind of went at it in a way that I don’t know if people do it anymore. Which was, we came out here to Los Angeles, we started writing, putting scripts out there, and eventually got an agent, then eventually got something produced. But now a days, especially if you want to write on television, kind of a road to success there is, trying get a writer’s assistant job. And from the writer’s assistant job hopefully getting a break to being a writer.

Turi: But that’s in television.

Al: Yeah that’s in television. On the feature side, I don’t even know anymore what you do.

Turi: But write a great spec and hopefully get it on the right desk.

Al: And moving out to Los Angeles. You really kind of gotta be here to do it. It’s a very difficult arena to be in anywhere, and it’s so much harder not being in LA. So I would say to anyone who is really interested in doing it professionally should be in Los Angeles.

Turi: I’m not sure how you would approach it in today’s environment. I mean there is a way with the internet to carve out a career outside of Hollywood, but it just seems so…

Al: Well so much of it is a social business. There’s a social aspect to this business of who you meet and when you meet and being in the right place. That comes I think over time and over just kind of creating your life in a world where opportunities can present themselves. And I think for that to happen you gotta be here in LA.

Katrina: Wow. That’s some really good advice.

Turi: A lot of it is relationships. Being a writer can be a very solitary thing. That’s why Al and I hooked up together, because it was another person to bounce ideas off of and to talk to and get support from. But as a writer, in the film business you really have to adapt at building relationships, getting to know more people and that really won’t happen unless you have that face to face situation. That means you really have to get out here. At the end of the day you could be the best writer in the world and if you don’t have those relationships, you don’t have someone that’s going to put it on the right desk or give it to a person who’s gonna read it, you’re not gonna go very far. You really need to have an ability to carve out relationships.

Katrina: Are you guys gonna be going to any comic cons this year?

Turi: We’re trying to go to Comic Con (San Diego), we’re planning it, but who knows what will happen at the end of July, but yeah.

Katrina: And I have to ask this, are you guys looking forward to any comic book movies that are coming out, or have came out?

Turi: I’m looking forward to Captain America.

Al: Yeah me too and the X-Men.

Turi: …and the X-men. I’m looking forward to Green Lantern. You know all of them I really like them a lot.

Christina: Did you see Thor?

Al: I was not a fan.

Turi: I enjoyed it.

Christina: Well that’s all our questions. Thank you for letting us interview you.

Al: Thank you for being such great fans and supporting the show for all these years.

Turi: Absolutely.

Katrina: Thank you!

Christina: Well it’s been 10 years of our lives, sometimes it feels like and abusive relationship, I really want him to fly.

Al: I’m glad you stuck with it. And we appreciate all the support you guys have given us, and showing interest in interviewing us today.

Turi: Hopefully you’ll tune in to The Vampire Diaries next season.

Christina: Oh yeah!

Katrina: Definitely. We are so hooked to that show and I cant wait to see the finale. Especially because I know you guys are writing it. So I am just so thrilled to see it and I can’t wait. Did you guys know that the top tweet right now is ‘Poor Damon’?

(They both laugh) “Really?”

Turi: That’s great.

Al: Cool. Well stay tuned and see what happens to ‘Poor Damon’.

http://www.thegorgeousgeeks.com/alandturinterview.html

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

mondrunner
Chloe
Chloe

Mensaje por mondrunner »

No recuerdo donde leí que Lex solo aparecería alrededor de 15-16 min en el final, alguien tan amable de confirmarlo :smile:

K-Fabio
Lex
Lex

Mensaje por K-Fabio »

Yo tambien lo quiero Shelby!!!Pedazo de trailer ESE!!!!

Y teniendo en cuenta el monton de cosas que se tienen que suceder en el final, no me parece poco 15-16 min de accion con Lex en la final (tampoco es excesivo, pero no lo veo poco).

mondrunner
Chloe
Chloe

Mensaje por mondrunner »

Si a mí también me parece bien, pero es solo que no recordaba si de verdad lo leí o fue que me pareció xD

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Las escenas más sexys de Smallville (TVGuide):

http://www.tvguide.com/special/finale-p ... 99#1033000

- Las Estrellas Invitadas Más memorables de Smallville (TVGuide):

http://www.tvguide.com/special/finale-p ... st-1025467

Imagen Imagen

lane-kent
Lois Lane
Lois Lane

Mensaje por lane-kent »

En las escenas más sexys me falta Pandora (Cloisex) y cuando Lois conoce/encuentra a Clark en crusade :bb

Imagen

Restart
Smallville
Smallville

Mensaje por Restart »

Hola Huesarianos, os escribo desde china, aun estoy de viaje de novios, es increible poder leeros desde aqui, deciros unas cuantas cosillas..
Primero, que he leido las entrevistas que nuestra querida shelby nos trae, y me aventuro a decir que nuestro Clark no vuela hasta el ultimo momento vestido de superman.
Las declaraciones de Tom diciendo que se le ponen los pelos de punta al ver la ultima imagen solo puede ser eso, no creo que sea la imagend e Chloe leyendo un libro, aunque podria ser jajaj.
Y Segundo, las declaraciones de los escritores diciendo que otra temporada sin Clark volando seria frustante, por lo que deduzco que todo se queda para el utimo momento.
Un saludo, y deciros que espero poder estar a las 8-AM viendo el episodio a la vez que vosotros. Pero lo dudo aqui anda un poco censuradas las webs... Pero si que puedo descargar episodios!, as'i que seguro que lo vere.
Un saludo y espero que por fin veamos a superman.

Abrazos!

Imagen

Svmarines
Lois Lane
Lois Lane

Mensaje por Svmarines »

Felicidades !!!!! Restart y me alegro de poder leerte bueno trata aver si de china podes ver el cap sino cuando regreses ya comentares que paso segui disfrutando de tu luna de miel y seguid disfrutando los dos :smt077

Imagen

K-Fabio
Lex
Lex

Mensaje por K-Fabio »

Restart comunincando desde China!

CUando lo veas ya nos dirás que te parecio!!!!!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- 'Smallville': Una Década de Un Largo Viaje Hacia Convertirse en Un Superhéroe (BuddyTV):

http://www.buddytv.com/slideshows/small ... 49472.aspx

- Los Trajes más Sexys de la Lois Lane de Erica Durance (ugo.com):

http://www.ugo.com/tv/erica-durance-sex ... e-costumes

- Los 25 Mejores Episodios de Smallville (IGN.com):

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/116/1168440p1.html

- ¡PoP! Top 6-Pack: Los Más Grandes Hits de Smallville (panelsonpages.com):
¡PoP! Top 6-Pack: Los Más Grandes Hits de Smallville
Por The PoP! Stars 21 de Mayo, 2011

Last week was the Smallville series finale, and while it was a colossal disappointment to us here at PoP!, the genuinely good things the series has done over the past ten years can’t go overlooked. Last week we took a look at but a few of the questionable aspects of the show’s run, so this week we’re shining a spotlight on six of the biggest wins Smallville’s ever given us.

1. The Blur

Just last week I bemoaned the Blur, and I stand by those comments. The name is stupid and his wardrobe choices are a little more than questionable. The Blur, did, however, serve a crucial function in the later seasons in that it provided Clark with his sole outlet for growth and development. While everyone around him was growing and becoming more interesting, Clark was stuck in a holding pattern for the simple reason that he wasn’t allowed to be Superman yet, because if he was, the show would end in a blaze of crappy CGI and anticlimactic garbage, apparently. So instead, he donned a persona that was essentially SupermanLite and fought the foes Superman would have if they’d just given the poor bastard a cape and called it a day.

It may seem like a backhanded compliment (and maybe it is), but the Blur was as good as we were going to get. The creative motivations behind that decision are a matter for a different discussion, but the Blur was absolutely important for Clark and without that identity, he’d have been running around in that red denim jacket until the very end. It was cool to see him come closer and closer to his destiny, even if the contrived roadblocks along the way became tired.
- Rodriguez

2. The Last Two Seasons

Many of the biggest problems fans had with Smallville came from seasons 4-7. They were spotty at best, and downright awful more often than not. Then came season eight and the rollercoaster ride that was Doomsday. But as the show got back on track, it did so in a big way. The last two seasons introduced some of the strongest arcs in the show’s history – focusing on Zod and Doomsday respectively.

Season nine managed to not only tell the story of Zod’s arrival on Earth, but also introduced Checkmate and the Suicide Squad to Smallville. These were among the most serious threats the show had offered up, and created what were arguably the strongest subplots of the series’ decade-long run. Season ten then followed up with the almost-as-good dual plot lines of the darkness of Darkseid descending upon humanity and Clark’s ascension to his ultimate destiny. While, in theory, the entirety of the series had been about Clark becoming Superman, it wasn’t until season ten that Kal El’s teachable moments finally started to serve a clear purpose. After so many years of having neutered the hero’s progression, the writers – and Welling himself – were finally able to gives us the metamorphosis we’d been waiting for. It wasn’t perfect; for so long, they’d had to hold off, never knowing how long the show had or WHEN they’d finally be able to “flip the switch.” As a result, the gradual change we should have seen over the years came instead in the course of a single season. Still, it happened, and on its own, it was fantastic.
- Kerouac

3. Green Arrow

I have NEVER cared about Green Arrow. In fact, I’ve never read a single issue of a Green Arrow comic book. Kevin Smith’s run on the character is the only book of his I do not own. I don’t dislike the character; I just don’t care. The point is, he’s always been a non entity for me. He never really registered on my radar. So imagine my quiet “meh” when I learned the esteemed Mr. Queen was to become a recurring character on Smallville. Little did I know that Green Arrow and Justin Hartley’s portrayal of him would at several points be the absolute best part of the show.

Green Arrow wasn’t hindered by the same rules as Superman. Since the show wasn’t really about him, he was able to arc. His character rose and fell a few times, but it was always interesting. Sure, the public identity reveal and subsequent fallout is a direct rip-off of the Iron Man movies, but Smallville ripped off movies all the time, so that’s no huge foul. Oliver was given a level of depth Clark wasn’t allowed to have. From his childhood days with Lex Luthor to his brief flings with virtually every lady in the cast (lookin’ at you, Ma Kent) before finally settling down with Chloe, Green Arrow actually DID something and his character was affected by it.
- Rodriguez

4. Guest Stars, Cameos, and Easter Eggs

Hartley’s Oliver Queen was great. No argument there. But Superman and Green Arrow do not a DC Universe make. Throughout the show’s production – and again, especially in the latter years – Smallville offered up all sorts of nods to some of DC’s more (and less) notable characters. As early as the first episodes, references were made to Queen Industries and Wayne Tech. Metallo, Silver Banshee, the Wonder Twins, the Legion, the JLA, the JSA, Zatanna and Max Lord all made appearances throughout the series. And then came the motherload.

In season ten, the writers and directors cranked guest-star-a-palooza all the way up to eleven. In place of generic “Clark is evil” plots, they featured a recurring appearance by Ultraman. Where once the show was content with “freaks of the week,” we were now treated to episodes featuring Glorious Godfrey, Desaad, and Granny Goodness and her Fatal Furies. Rather than simply giving the heroes random soldiers to fight, they went up against Rick Flag and Slade Wilson. And what about allies? Mera, Superboy, Booster Gold, and all three Blue Beetles plus Skeets show up (or, at the very least, get a mention). Hell, even Batman and Wonder Woman get tongue in cheek nods this season. Even the most poorly executed of these references still went miles towards helping create the sense of a greater DCU at play behind the scenes. The second to last episode featured Toyman, Starro (after a fashion), and the goddamned Legion of Doom! THE LEGION OF DOOM!!! When Lex not only returned in the series finale, but was shown to have won the presidency in a future election, it was just the cherry on top of the sundae.
- Kerouac

5. The Luthors

The last few years of Smallville were pretty good, comparatively speaking, but they were missing a crucial element: the Luthors. Michael Rosenbaum and John Glover played Lex and Lionel Luthor – respectively – in a way that was pure joy. They were easily the best actors on the show, and given the material they were often given to work with, their performances are made that much more impressive. Lex was given some AWFUL monologues, but they were delivered with a quiet intensity that somehow made them work. In the early years, it was easy to sympathize with Lex. There’s no reason to think he was a bad guy at that point. His best friend was lying to his face and he wanted to know why. Who wouldn’t do a little digging if they KNEW they were being lied to? In the Smallville universe, Clark is at least partially to blame for Lex growing into the man he would eventually become. His final descent into madness was fun to watch; the worst thing about it being that it resulted in his exit from the series.

Seeing as how he’s a human being, it’s safe to assume Lex Luthor has always had a father, but it’s Glover’s Lionel (who as far as I can tell was created for this show) that made Papa Luthor matter. Sure, Clark is partially responsible for Lex’s fall, but it’s Lionel that takes credit for it explicitly. Treating his son like dirt and as inferior was, in his eyes, the only way to ensure he’d grow up the strong and proud Luthor he was meant to be. He was a perfectly vile character. He was cunning and ruthless and his delivery was inimitable. He was SUCH a complete evil tool that I never really bought into his eventual transformation to a mentor figure for Clark, even though he retained much of what made him Lionel. This alliance would, of course, lead to his untimely death before the title sequence. Luckily, we got Earth-2 Lionel in season 10, and he was still pretty awesome… until he got punched into a pile of dust, smoke and birds, but nobody’s perfect.

Regardless of whether he was playing the straight villain or the potential ally to our heroes, Glover treaded on ground dangerously close to over-the-top with his bombastic portrayal of Lionel Luthor, but somehow it almost always worked, no matter how inane the dialogue or how utterly stupid his latest scheme was. The man was in Gremlins 2, people! That’s a hundred cool points right out of the gate!

6. Lois Lane

Few things were as conspicuous by their absence in the early seasons of Smallville as our hero’s leading lady, Lois Lane. But then – remember – Lois didn’t grow up with Clark. It would have made little to no sense to have her around during the Boy of Steel’s formative years. That’s what Lana Lang was for in the comics, and that’s why the character was brought forth into the show as Clark’s “true love.” But let’s be honest – Kristin Kreuk was barely tolerable at best and painful to watch at worst. It didn’t help that the first three seasons of Smallville were teen-drama-does-superhero-camp, so that all of Lana’s “best” moments were all about here and Clark pining for each other without either ever quite being ready to give the other their heart. BLECCH! It’s no wonder fans were so eager for the “right one” to come along and rescue Clark; with the fourth season, we got her. Sort of.

When Lois was finally introduced to the show, it was only for thirteen episodes in season four. And let’s be honest… she wasn’t too terrific right out of the gate, but that had a lot to do with the way the character was being written. Two whole seasons went by before the character ever even showed an interest in journalism! Quick game of word association people. When I say “Lois Lane” the only two words you should be thinking are “Superman” or “journalist.” This was a Lois who had nothing to do with either. Still, Erica Durance worked with what she had and – as the writing improved – Lois became one of the strongest characters on the show.

As seasons nine and ten came about, and Lois and Clark were finally allowed to pursue an actual relationship with each other, Durance was truly given her chance to shine. She played a smart, strong, and impressively independent Lois who could not only look out for herself but who sometimes had to look out for her super man, as well. But its the subtle nuances of her performance that allowed the intrepid reporter to so often steal the show. While Tom Welling’s Clark was often written and played as blandly as possible, there always seemed to be something going on beneath the surface with Lois. Add to that how flawlessly Durance slipped into some of the sillier aspects of Smallville (like the episode where she returns to a high school where no one remembers her), and it’s easy to see how with another season or two, this could have become The NEW Adventures of Lois and Clark. I’m not sorry that never happened, but it might not have been so bad, either.
- Kerouac

So we say our final goodbye to the longest-running comic book television show ever. Was it always great? Hell, no. It wasn’t even always good. Sometimes it was downright unbearable. But there were some good moments along the way and some genuinely great character developments as well. Sure, it was cheesy, but I can say that for the most part, I looked forward to sitting down to the adventures of NotQuiteSuperman and friends. With Wonder Woman axed by NBC, we’re left to wonder what’s next for the live-action adventures of our favorite four-color heroes. Regardless, we’ll always have some sweet cartoons.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=38686

- Los creadores de ‘Smallville’ y ‘Los Ángeles de Charlie’ saben lo que hacer: ‘La gente sintoniza para verte fallar’ (herocomplex.latimes.com):
Los creadores de ‘Smallville’ y ‘Los Ángeles de Charlie’ saben lo que hacer: ‘La gente sintoniza para verte fallar’
Por – Geoff Boucher 20 de Mayo, 2011 | 5:08 p.m.

Sentimental fans bade farewell to “Smallville” last week, but Al Gough and Miles Millar, the creators and original executive producers of the show, said goodbye back in 2008 when they exited after seven seasons. That didn’t really sap any of the emotion they felt watching the series finale and Tom Welling’s final performance as Clark Kent after a decade in the role.

“You don’t go into any TV show thinking it’s going to last a decade,” Gough said. “There are so many hurdles to overcome just getting a pilot to air. You’re doing it season to season and it’s hard to see the big picture in a way. I went back to my old high school about two years ago and there were kids there that were 17 and had been watching the show since they were 7 or 8. You realize that for this generation, for many of them, your work is their interpretation of Superman. For young people, you have given them their version of Superman and for some fanboys of the future, this will be the canon, which is funny to think about considering how much heat we got at the beginning.”

Millar added that “there was so much hate” in the months leading up to the show’s premiere, most of it aimed at the tone of the series, which some would describe as “Dawson’s Creek” with super powers. The idea that “Smallville” was daring to tinker with — or subvert — the clearly defined mythology of Superman presumes that there is a clearly defined mythology. The truth is that since 1938 every aspect of the hero has been tinkered with month to month in the comics with changes both big and small to the hero’s personality, costume, origin story, supporting cast, career, powers and visage.

“What gave us confidence was reading the history and realizing that Superman has always evolved and sometimes radically so,” Millar said. “And this was just the latest evolution, and one needed to make him credible and relatable to a new generation. The challenge of the show was finding what he would do every week. He’s in high school and he’s in a small town. So what’s he going to do? The idea of [Kryptonite-created threats and mysteries in the community] was controversial but how else could you make a show? He’s a farm boy, how do you find opponents and mystery? The meteor shower [and the side effect on the region] gave us something beyond dealing with high school bullies and crop circles.”

Millar said that Welling was the core of the show’s success: “Tom is such a great guy and he had such a great work ethic. His dad was in the car business in Detroit and he really brought a dedication and willingness to work with him. The first time we met him after the show was picked up we told him, ‘You’re the leader on the set, people will look to you.’ He was always willing to take that on. And filming in Vancouver, I think that helped, to be away from the vortex of Los Angeles. It made it always about the work.”

One thing the pair needed was a star who could play an earnest hero in an ironic age.

“We didn’t try to make Clark cool,” Gough said. “He’s not cool. He grew up on a farm. He actually gets along with his parents and he’s a good kid who tries to do the right thing. He has a secret and pressure on him but he is a sweet kid. The thing was to make him relatable. He’s this alien from another planet who can do almost anything. He’s impervious to almost anything.”

Gough and Millar made their mark in town with “Smallville” but they were also writers on ”Spider-Man 2” and “I Am Number Four” and the producers behind ”Hannah Montana: The Movie,” which earned surprisingly upbeat reviews. Now they are in a new spotlight as the creators of the new “Charlie’s Angels,” which was just picked up by ABC and stars Minka Kelly (“Parenthood“), Rachael Taylor (“Grey’s Anatomy“), Annie Ilonzeh (“General Hospital“) and Ramon Rodriguez (“Battle: Los Angeles“) as Bosley in a show that seems to have more in common with Jack Bauer’s shadowy world than McG’s glossy universe.

“This is not the ‘Charlie’s Angels’ series of your mother or the ‘Charlie’s Angels’ of your sister, this is a really valid, stands-on-its-own-feet series with a mythology that can sustain 100 episodes,” Millar said. “We were tentative about doing it. After doing the ‘Smallville’ thing, we had plenty of reason to think, ‘Why get into this kind of thing again? Why approach another brand like this, another iconic title where people are sort of waiting to watch you fail?’ We had said no, in fact, more than once. But then we relented…”

Gough picked up the conversation without missing a beat: “…we found an entry point we liked and when we pitched it they liked that, too, so we decided to try it. It is such a challenge, though. These things are so big. The challenge is to surprise people. They see the projects coming from a mile away and they come into it tired of hearing about it and they bring all these preconceived notions. People tune in to watch you fail. Hopefully you surprise them and surprise them enough that they come back. But right there at the beginning it’s a car crash mentality. When ‘Smallville’ started, certainly, it was that.”

Millar said that, like “Smallville,” there’s plenty of history with “Charlie’s” — the 1970s adventure television show and then director McG’s films in 2000 and 2003 — that can be both a boost or a burden to a new-look revival.

“There were those two iterations: the series in the 1970s was the sort of feminist, girl-power series with very capable women doing amazing things while going undercover and then the movies had a sort of camaraderie. They work on the chemistry of the actresses, who had an infectious charm and were clearly enjoying themselves up on the screen even if the story elements were over-the-top and cartoony. This new iteration feels very contemporary and surprising in that it’s grounded. It’s not the movies. They’re real people, they get hurt, they bleed in this world.”

Gough offered some surprising compass points as far as the tone of the show.

“‘Ocean’s Eleven’ and ‘Casino Royale’ were kind of the tone bars, so the fighting that’s done was all real and the girls were doing all their own fights and without wire work,” Gough said. “There’s no slow motion, there’s no stunt doubles in the fights because those scenes are so visceral and in close. We hired Rodney Charters, who shot ’24,’ to shoot the pilot. Again, people have an expectation of what ‘Charlie’s Angels’ is and we want to subvert that in a way. Still, it’s ‘Charlie’s Angels,’ it’s three beautiful women, detectives solving crime and kicking…. It still has that. But like ‘Smallville’ there are ways to build something that has the familiar but brings something new in.”

Gough added that for many young viewers this new show will arrive without the baggage of history. That was a lesson learned in “Smallville.”

“When ‘Smallville’ started, the last iteration had been ‘Lois & Clark’ but when we showed the pilot to teenagers … they were watching videotape at the time and we had to stop for a minute when there was a glitch, and [during the pause] the boys told the girls that they were watching a version of ‘Superman,’” Gough said. “They had no idea. None. If you took the name off of ‘Charlie’s Angels’ and showed it to them it would be the same thing. They have no sense of that history or if they do they won’t bring it in with them. The lesson is the new thing has to stand on its own feet even though it’s part of a legacy with the larger brand.”

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/05/ ... vrit=63378

- MAD de Cartoon Network parodia a Smallville:
El episodio de MAD del 23 de Mayo de Cartoon Network presentará una parodia de Smallville con un episodio titulado: "Smallville: Turn Off The Clark." (Smallville: Apaga al Clark")

La descripción del episodio sobre el episodio, que se emite hoy a las 8:30 PM ET es:

"With his show ending, Clark Kent has nothing left to do – except for musical theater!"
("Con su serie terminando, a Clark Kent no le queda nada por hacer - ¡excepto teatro musical!")

Podéis encontrar más información sobre el episodio aquí:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1929746/fullcredits#cast

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q63MHoBl ... r_embedded[/youtube]

- Teletrivia: Un Tributo A Smallville -VIDEO- (tv.com):
¡Es un pájaro! "Es un avión! ¡Es un tributo especial de Teletrivia! Es su último episodio, TV Guy le hace un homenaje a Smallville con cinco preguntas sobre el largo recorrido de la serie de la CW.

Puedes encontrar el video aquí:

http://www.tv.com/teletrivia-a-tribute- ... 25922.html?

- Video promocional de la S10 en E4 (UK):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHzmwzsB ... ideo_title[/youtube]

- Smallville será repetido en verano:
La CW va a repetir los episodios de Smallville durante el verano empezando este viernes, 27 de Mayo, a la misma hora que de costumbre (8:00 pm EST) y ha emitido un trailer promocionándolo:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xThbzqP ... r_embedded[/youtube]

Las siguientes 2 semanas, tendremos "Shield" (3 de Junio) y "Supergirl" (10 de Junio).

Imagen Imagen

NuLane
Lois Lane
Lois Lane

Mensaje por NuLane »

Pues que bien que los repitan durante el verano, creo que aunque tenga los capis bien guardaditos en el portátil y pueda verlos cuando quiera, los seguiré viendo también en la CW, así puedo seguir con mi rutina de los viernes de quedarme hasta las tantas despierta para ver la serie. :smt077

Imagen Imagen
Hawkman: Good, you're here. I've got something for you.
gifs: onebreath

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Uno Contra Uno con Cassidy Freeman (hobotrashcan.com):
Uno Contra Uno con Cassidy Freeman
Por Joel Murphy 30 de Mayo, 2011 6:05 am

It’s not easy filling Lex Luthor’s shoes,
but that’s exactly what Cassidy Freeman was asked to do when she was cast as Tess Mercer on Smallville. While originally brought in to be the show’s antagonist, Tess evolved over the course of the series and eventually ended up teaming with Clark Kent and his pals, taking over Watchtower from Chloe Sullivan.

We recently talked to Freeman about the evolution of her character and the end of Smallville, which aired its final episode on May 13. We also discussed her big scene with Michael Rosenbaum, her plans for life after the show and the chances of a spin-off with Tess and Emil singing Elvis duets.

How did you get into acting? When did you decide it’s what you wanted to do for a living?

Well I have two older brothers who are both actors and I watched them when I was a kid. They’re five and 10 years older, so I had a lot of space between us to be able to be inspired by them. I started doing school plays as a little kid and just really, really liked it. I’m not sure if I always knew I’d be an actor, but I always knew that I’d be performing in some way and it started super, super young for me.

Did you go to college for acting?

I did. I had an agent from when I was eight to 14 in Chicago, auditioning for movies and stuff. And then I got super close to a couple of things and the letdown from not booking them was a little too much for this 14-year-old girl to handle, so I stopped auditioning. And I just did school plays and played sports and was a teenager, which I’m really glad that I did that.

And then I went to college in Vermont – Middlebury College – for acting. It’s a liberal arts school. It’s not a conservatory, but I majored in theatre and Spanish, then left school and went straight to LA.

Some people we’ve interviewed go out to LA and work right away and others have long stretches of unemployment. Which camp did you fall into?

That’s one of the beautiful things about this particular field and also I think is kind of the representation of the West Coast is that there are no rules. I grew up in Chicago, which is the Midwest, but often people on the West Coast think that’s pretty far east. Then I went to school literally on the East Coast in that kind of world. And there’s a lot of like little rules and regulations.

And then you come out here and there are no rules. People come out here from the East Coast and they’re like, “Well, what’s steps one through seven that I have to fulfill to be successful?” And it’s not law school. It’s not business school. There’s no steps. All you can do is look back on people that you admire and people’s careers that you admire and see what steps they took and know that taking those specific steps is not going to give you the same results, but rather learn from maybe their life’s path or how they balanced their life and what they thought was important and how they set up their priorities.

So I came out to California not knowing what was going to happen, but my brother lived out here – my middle brother whose like my best friend. So I had that support system and we lived together. And his name is funnily enough Clark. He graduated from the same school I went to and we came out here when I was 18 actually for like four months or five months I lived in California just to see if I liked it or not. Then I went to college and then came back. And it took a while – and I say a while, but it’s not the same while as other people, which is apropos to what I was saying before that there are no rules. I was in town for three years and I did short films and I did student films and I couldn’t got hold of any manager or agent ever that would want to represent me. It was really odd.

Every six months that passed and I was frustrated, people would say, “Well it takes a while. Just stick it out. It takes a while.” Three years seemed like a really long time to 23-year-old me. But it’s really not a long time in the grand scheme of things, I’ve learned now. And it’s not a long time comparatively to people who have been there 20 years and are still going for it.

What changed after that three years?

It was really just, I think, a mixture of things. An opportunity came along for me to go to New York, actually, and do an Off-Broadway show with some people I’d gone to college with for like a summer theatre festival called the Potomac Theatre Project. I went back and everyone in LA was like, “Don’t go, don’t go. You’re going to lose your footing here. You’re going to lose your momentum.”

I was like, “I don’t have any momentum. Nobody knows who I am. What am I losing here by going to New York for four or five months – not even four months?” So I went and I did this show in New York and I got to really exercise my acting muscles outside of a class and really perform. A manager saw me in that audience and then she sent me back to LA. Then everything started happening.

So I think it was a mixture of that opportunity and also knowing myself better. Because I think life is kind of like sand – the more you grasp it, the more falls through your hands. But if you just relax a little bit, you can hold the whole handful.

In 2008, you joined the cast of Smallville and, at least originally, you were brought on to replace Lex Luthor on the show. How was the audition process for Tess Mercer and what was it like coming onto a show that had already been on for seven seasons?

I had never seen the show before I auditioned for it. Well, before I got the audition. I watched the season seven finale when I got the audition because I could find it easily. Or maybe it was just airing, actually. That was around the time that I got the audition.

I had shot a pilot for the CW called Austin Golden Hour with Justin Hartley, where we played EMTs. And that was my first audition for a pilot ever and that was my first pilot that I ever booked and it was my first TV job. We shot that pilot. It didn’t end up going, so we both got pulled in to audition for Smallville because the CW really likes their actors, which I think is a beautiful testament to their loyalty.

So they pulled us in for that and I swear to God I walked in, I did it, I walked out and I was like, “There’s absolutely no way I’m getting that part. I just bombed that audition.” Because they were like, “She’s got to be vixeny, sexy, totally like hardcore bitch,” and I was like, “I am not any of those things and I do not know how in God’s name I’m going to pull this one off.” So I wore a short skirt and boots and I was all, “I’m going to try – question mark?” [Laughs.] I thought I really, really failed. And then I didn’t fail, I guess. I got a call for a callback and I was like, “You have got to be kidding me.”

I wasn’t expecting it at all, but I guess they saw something in this character outside of just very simple, descriptive words. I think it’s hard sometimes for actors to go in and try to play something that they may not feel that they are, but really no one knows what they want. They want someone that walks in there with confidence and can make them feel something. Whether you’re blonde or brown haired, whether you’re tall or short, whatever you are, whether you’re white or not, you can do that. So you’ve got to convince them that they want you. [Laughs.] And even though I had no idea that I’d done that, I guess that I’d done that.

And then starting the show was daunting after seven years, but I have to say with three of us coming on that season, it felt like a shift. So it didn’t feel like: “Here’s Cassidy, the new girl.” It felt like: “Here’s Cassidy and Justin and Sam [Witwer] and you all are new characters and the show’s kind of shifting a little bit and lets see if it works.” But it also takes a little bit of the pressure off because when you do a pilot – which I just did one, so I’m like in this place right now – you don’t know if it’s going to go to series. So you may have just spent that time shooting a really great TV show and making friends and creating this family and you could maybe never see them again. And you have to be okay with that.

Doing Smallville didn’t have that pressure because I was like, “I know the show’s on for at least a year.” So this is going to be a really cool experience.

You mentioned that you didn’t quite sync up with the way Tess was originally described to you. Over time, the character changed a lot on screen from when you were first cast. Do you think that was always the plan or do you think they saw something in you and adapted the role more towards you?

I don’t think they planned that at all. I think they had a vision for her and I think it kind of changed. I think that is kind of because they cast me. But I think they’re happy about it. I hope they are. They say they are. [Laughs.] If they’re not, they’re lying to me. When you’re a painter, someone says, “I love that painting,” and no matter how deeply you went into yourself to paint it, they don’t know that because they’re looking at something that’s not you. As an actor, when they’re like, “I love your work,” they kind of have to like you too. They have to like a part of you because you’re bringing a part of you to it. It’s inherently personal. If you don’t like Julia Roberts, you’re not going to love her characters because she brings so much of herself to that.

In saying that, the greatest compliment I ever got from anyone wasn’t that I was pretty or that I was whatever, it was that I was likable. I think that’s a really awesome compliment because, as an actor, if you’re likable, then people are always rooting for you even if you’re doing stuff that’s pretty messed up. Which also means that you are relatable. Which also means that you’re human. Those qualities in an actor and in a character are paramount because if you don’t care about a character, goodbye character. They don’t need you. But if someone likes you, even if you are kicking people to death or shooting people or doing really crappy stuff, you’ve got to stay because you want to know what’s going to happen to that character.

And I’m not saying that I planned this from the beginning, but I will say that I struggled in the beginning with being very two-dimensional, which is how I at first interpreted this character as being kind of a replacement because Michael [Rosenbaum] wasn’t coming back. And she was really bitchy and wore a lot of smoking eye makeup and was a total weird sexual vixen that like manipulated people through her sexuality. And that’s not something that, even if I tried, I could do in real life. It was uncharted territory for me and when I first started I felt really like I was putting something on.

Then as I relaxed a little bit into it and realized that the only time that you really are succeeding as an actor is if you are bringing yourself to something and you’re really getting people to feel because you’re feeling through storytelling. That is success. It doesn’t matter if people were like, “You were so vixeny.” I didn’t care. I wanted people to feel things. Maybe I sabotaged the bitchy Tess into making her more likable and more human, but I also think it made the character way more interesting.

You ruined their plans in a really fantastic way.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

The Smallville finale was this victory lap for Clark Kent as he finally became Superman and married Lois Lane, which was a triumphant moment for everyone. Meanwhile, Tess got strapped to a table, her dad tried to cut her heart out and she ended up getting stabbed by Lex. Your character got redeemed in the end, but overall it was not a fun finale for Tess.

No, no, I was not shedding tears at the wedding. I was getting my ass kicked in the lab. But let’s be honest – is this really any different than any other episode? [Laughs.] Not really, right?

Was she even invited to the wedding?

Yes she was. If you notice, in that scene when I go to Watchtower and I realize that all of the satellites are offline, when I walk in I’m walking in with a dry cleaning bag and that’s supposedly the dress I’m supposed to wear to the wedding. So I walk in and throw the bag on the stairs because that’s taking second priority to the fact that I know something’s off. Granny freaky Goodness just came and made me feel like the world’s coming to an end, which it inevitably was.

I think some character had to be that character. Given the history of all those character together, I was the only choice. It would be weird if I was standing up there and Oliver was off doing that or Chloe was
off doing that.

What was it like filming a scene with Michael Rosenbaum, who you were essentially brought in to replace? Was it fun to get to do a scene with Lex Luthor?

Absolutely. We’d never even met before. Honestly, I think because of all the stories I’d heard about him, it felt like I already knew him. I think we both came to the table knowing that we had this one scene to do, knowing what a big f’ing deal it was for the series, and just ready to have fun and hang out and get to know one another. It’s kind of that thing where like if everybody on set loves him and everybody on set seems to love me, we’re obviously going to get along.

I heard very funny stories that he breaks into song and he’s very flamboyant and fun. And those are all true. But in essence we spent five hours together.

Did you have to do a lot of stunt training and fight choreography work initially to train for the role of Tess?

No, whenever one of those scenes comes up, they just teach us that specific fight. And we as actors do everything that we can do that’s not dangerous until we can’t do something or it doesn’t look right, then the stunt double will step in.

So you end up doing most of it yourself?

I do because I want to and they actually have to tell me not to do the stuff that’s really dangerous. But there is one stunt that no one believes that I actually did and that was in “Checkmate” when I’m wearing that crazy wig and running around as a double agent in season nine. Tess is running and she flips over this chain-link fence – like climbs up, throws her legs over it, flips over it and lands on her feet. And that was totally f’ing me and no one believes it, but it was.

Jacob Rupp, who’s our stunt choreographer and coordinator, he taught me how to do it. He kind of pulled me aside and was like, “You want to learn how to do this so that you do it?”

How long did it take you to get it down?

Oh, a couple of minutes. They put a mat on the other side. They hide a mat underneath the ground so it’s not super dangerous. And I’m wearing flats – I’m not wearing the heels that you usually see me in. They do little things to make it safer, but you kind of just have to let go and go for it.

It is surprising that they put you in heels since you are actually pretty tall in real life. How is it being tall in Hollywood, since most actors are short?

They are. They’re like shoes – the smaller the size, the cuter they are.

You know, I think there’s actually a bit of a revolution coming. I see a lot more taller women coming to the plate and I think that – or at least I hope that – people are noticing talent more than size.

Plus, both Tom [Welling] and Justin are very, very tall dudes, so they made it easy for us. Erica [Durance] is 5’8”, she’s not short by any means.

Now that Smallville is over, what are the chances we can get a spin-off of Tess and Emil taking their Elvis duet act from the episode “Fortune” on the road, traveling around the country together on a tour bus?

Or like a cruise ship, maybe? I’m behind that. If you can get that going, I’m signing up.

Out of your entire run on the show, that might have been Tess’ best scene. It was so much fun to watch.

It was fun because it was so unlike her.

Emil was really fantastic in that scene too.

Yeah, AJ – Alessandro Juliani. He’s great. He’s super great. He was in Battlestar. It’s funny, I actually knew him before I started. He was friends with my neighbor in Vancouver and my neighbor was like, “I have a friend who’s an actor.” I met him and his girlfriend and saw him on stage in summer Shakespeare in Vancouver. Then he started being on the show and I was like, “Whoa.” Then we were always like, “When are we going to get our scene together? We’re friends.” Then we got that scene and we were all like, “Whoa.”

He’s a great singer. He’s got a great voice. It was really, really fun and we actually went back before we started filming, after Christmas, and recorded that in a recording studio together. It was so much fun and it was kind of a dream come true for me to get to sing because I love singing and I was like, “Well, there’s never going to be a time when Tess Mercer is going to break into song.” And then they created that moment. It was a total dream come true.

Speaking of singing, you are part of a three-piece band called The Real D’Coy, which you play in with your brother, Clark. How did that come about and how often do you do shows?

We’re a little bit on hiatus right now because life has been a little crazy. It was kind of something to fill our time when none of us were working in Hollywood and now thankfully all of us are, which is great. It was me and my brother Clark and our friend Andy Mitton, who is really busy right now because he and our other friend Jesse Holland wrote and directed the feature horror film YellowBrickRoad that we shot two years ago and is actually coming out in theaters next month. My brother Clark and I produced it and Andy and Jesse directed it and wrote it and Clark and I play brother and sister in the movie. The whole cast is a bunch of friends from Middlebury, where we went to college. It’s a very incestuous and fabulous group of people.

It’s coming out in AMC theaters in 36 cities in this new distribution deal with BloodyDisgusting.com. They release a horror movie every month in AMC theaters, which is pretty cool for those independent films.

So we’re not really playing that much music anymore, but I try to sing and play music as much as I can, even if it’s just for fun and not in preparation for a tour or CD.

You play keyboard in the band. Do you play any other instruments?

I grew up playing alto saxophone. And I play the guitar.

Why is there not more saxophone in music these days?

That’s a really, really good question. I think part of it is because Lisa Simpson has cornered the market in that and I think also because it’s not a very easy sing-alongable to instrument and right now we’re in pretty heavy lyrical music versus like big band music.

But think of all the great 80s music that had saxophone in it.

Or even Dave Matthews.

You are missing an opportunity here to bring the sax back.

[Laughs.] I’m going to talk to some people about that.

So what’s next? You mentioned that you recently shot a pilot.

It’s for A&E, it’s called Longmire. It’s Warner Bros. television again, but it’s set up for the network A&E, so it would be cable. It’s based on a bunch of mystery novels by Craig Johnson and they are about a sheriff named Walt Longmire who solves crimes in Wyoming. It’s pretty cool. We don’t know if it’s going to go yet. They just finished filming. It’s totally up in the air. If it goes, I think it would be a really good show.

What’s your part in it?

I play Walt’s daughter. I’m the sheriff’s daughter.

What else is on the horizon for you?

I’m going to have some fun. I’m going to hang out with the people I love and spend some time. I have like eight weddings this year to go, so that’s awesome. I’m just going to hang out and see what comes up next.

Tell us something most people don’t know about you.

I think you’ve just learned a lot of things you didn’t know about me.

What would you be doing for a living if you never got into acting?

I’d probably be a veterinarian. I love animals. I love my dog maybe too much. And I’ve always loved medical things. I don’t know if I have the stomach to be a human doctor, but I think it might be easier for me to operate on a dog than for me to operate on like a child just emotionally. But I always wanted to be a veterinarian when I was kid. Mainly actually like sea mammals. I wanted to work with like sea mammals.

You should be a TV doctor.

That’s the third idea now. If you can keep sending those ideas, that would be awesome.

http://www.hobotrashcan.com/2011/05/30/ ... y-freeman/

- Video promocional de la CW de la repetición de la temporada:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvZAJSTr ... ure=relmfu[/youtube]

-Video promocional de la S10 (E4, UK):

- Kelly Souders, Steven S. DeKnight y Jeph Loeb hablan sobre Smallville en la Conferencia para Transmedia:

http://www.vimeo.com/25691436

http://www.vimeo.com/25740684

- Otra promo de la S10 de (E4, UK):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- La granja Kent está a la venta (OLTV.com):
Tras 10 años de rodaje, la Granja Kent ha sido puesta a la venta.

El precio de la misma es de $2,650,000. No es un precio bajo, pero quizá a algún fan de Smallville con unos bolsillos bien cargados les gustaría der dueños de su propio pedacito de historia de la serie. Tiene cinco habitaciones, dos baños, un gran salón, una cocina rústica y un porche frontal. Esta única e histórica propiedad tiene 90 años pero ha sido mantenida con su belleza original. La propiedad tiene 670 metros cuadrados en dos plantas.

Hay varios edificios aledaños incluído un granero y varios silos de grano.

La inmobiliaria describe la propiedad como:

" A REAL FARM AND PRIVATE ESTATE!! OR VINE YARD?? OR?? Productive well drained, gently sloping fields produce tons of quality hay and pasture for cattle and horses. Hay, horse, cattle barn blt in 1922 by skilled hands, with irreplaceable hand hewn timbers, in classic style. New 2004, machine/equip shop (22'x48') addition to barn. Barn and house recently roofed with top quality warranted materials. House and stable yards drain well no matter what the weather! Updates maintain character, ensure popular LOCATION for film and television. Notably

TELEVISION SERIES SMALLVILLE + VIEW BUILDING SITES!! 2 road frontages."

Podéis ver varias fotos aquí:

http://newsflic.blogspot.com/2011/08/wa ... it-is.html
http://www.bctownandcountryrealestate.c ... id_pp=6291

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Spoilers”