Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "SAVING HOPE"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Primer póster promocional de la S2 en HQ:

Imagen

(thanks to @lovedearest)

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Eric Johnson (Whitney), estrella invitada en la S2 de "Saving Hope":
Según ha confirmado el propio actor en twitter, la estrella de "Rookie Blue", Eric Johnson, más conocido entre los seguidores de Smallville por interpretar el papel de Whitney Fordman en las primeras temporadas, tendrá un personaje invitado en la segunda temporada de la serie de la CTV "Saving Hope" protagonizada y producida por Erica Durance.

Actualmente no tenemos mucha información del personaje, sólo que interpretará al apuesto "DR. Jason" y que aparecerá en el episodio 10 (titulado "Wishbones") de la segunda entrega de la serie canadiense, actualmente en rodaje.

@EricJJohnson79: I'm not a Doctor, but I'm going to play one on TV. @SavingHopeTV pic.twitter.com/dQixdam32H

Imagen

https://twitter.com/EricJJohnson79/stat ... 1925734400

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- MSN en el set: Entrevista con Michael Shanks de Saving Hope (entertainment.ca.msn.com):
MSN en el set: Entrevista con Michael Shanks de Saving Hope
18 de Junio, 2013 2:00 PM

Season two of Saving Hope will be a whole new game for Michael Shanks, the former Stargate SG-1 civilian who now plays Dr. Charlie Harris in CTV's medical drama. Sure the "Coma Doc" is awake, but that whack on the head left behind the ghosts of patients past, opening up a second dimension only he can see. We sat down with Shanks in the nurses' station at Hope Zion to talk about seeing dead people, his developing hypochondria and why it's better to pass out on the set of Saving Hope than anywhere else...

Now that Charlie is awake, it's almost as though you're playing an entirely different character. Can you give some insight into the old Charlie and the new?
It's a world of difference to me playing the two sides, but I think the main difference for Charlie and Alex (Charlie's fiancé, played by Erica Durance) is that there's less desperation in every episode. We're going to be focusing more on the medicine aspect. With Charlie, he's much more relaxed, although he's got this little problem, which is that he's seeing apparitions.

I think the way we've drawn it out thus far in the season is that the experiences are relatively and strangely helpful. He's learning to accept this kind of positive aspect of diagnosing and being able to fix problems. We've yet to kind of give the ramifications of the negative aspect, but Charlie's still quite relaxed and casual, as opposed to last season when everything was pressurized and desperate. He's able to be more focused... and ALIVE, which is kind of important to any personality trait.

So the "I see dead people" development is going to give more of a professional hand in diagnosis?
Yes, he's going to be playing the doctor role more this season, getting back to his job even though he has a few obstacles in the way... like Joel Goran the new Chief of Surgery at the hospital.... whatever. [Charlie] has to prove himself again and work through this little problem he has because he's behaving a little stranger than he did beforehand. He has to keep the balls in the air and keep his little secret.

Does his relationship with Dawn (Charlie's ex-wife, played by Michelle Nolden) develop for the better? There was some animosity towards the end...
I don't' know where they plan on taking it yet as it's been very co-workerly so far. It's weird to see her on an everyday basis, but at this point in the season there hasn't been a ton of interaction between her and Charlie. She's kind of been in Alex's face a little bit, but Charlie's had less interaction. I think they may be trying to turn this triangle thing we had going on into a rectangle so we'll see where it goes, however, from my personal perspective it doesn't appear to be too much of a distraction.

I always say, in terms of love triangles, at this particular point Charlie has enough going on keeping his crap together! He's not going to think 'Ah, Dawn, she's looking kinda hot today...' There's no time for that in his world right now.

You have some well known TV stars coming in to guest direct for season two -- like Rookie Blue's Gregory Smith and Jason Priestley -- however, you have also directed in the past, most notably for StargateSG-1. Would you ever be interested in directing Saving Hope?
Yeah, I put in a request to do it and I will be directing some of the webisodes this year. I directed so long ago that I think they wanted to vet me on this show. It is a very different animal to a sci-fi show for a lot of reasons, not only the medical aspects, but just for certain scenes. I remember when I wasn't able to direct at the beginning, I was a little disappointed and I had to go to school and prove myself, but looking around later I was thinking, 'Hmmm... I'm kind of glad I'm not directing because this is a tough show!' I never had a chance to work in medical scenes last year because of my reduced situation, so I've had a lot of stuff to glean. As an actor there's enough on my plate so I'm quite happy to sit back for now.

In other career news, you will soon be appearing in the upcoming film, Elysium -- what was it like working on that?
There's two very distinct places in the movie so the earth stuff was filmed in Mexico and the scenes aboard Elysium were in Vancouver. I'm on the space station, on Elysium in just a small role, but it's going to be great. Neill [Blomkamp] really knows how to make a story interesting, topical and relevant. It's a thinking man's sci-fi and, having Matt [Damon] and Jodi [Foster] in key roles is going to make the vision come alive. Going to the looping sessions for my lines I got to see the evolution of the visuals and so now I can't wait to see the finished product.

Elysium is also a sci-fi film, are you generally attracted to that genre?
I wouldn't say specifically, but it does seem as though I've done a lot of them. It probably comes from being based in Vancouver, where so much of it is shot, but I really like a good mix. With Saving Hope, Erica had come from Smallville and I'd come from Stargate, so we were kind of relieved to be doing a gritty, realistic medical drama... that idea kind of went to pot pretty quick, but we were still happy to be portraying real people.

Do you ever miss the action?
In genre shows, character relationship often get thrown to the side in favour of moving the action forward, but for a show like this, where character relationship is so important, we were happy to get on board with that. As time goes on you can sometimes miss the action and wonder 'Can we have a gunfight today? Why aren't there any zombies?' So a mix of the two is nice as I do love action. When we're doing a tedious surgery for like 17 hours, standing over the same table, you kind of think it's a bit lame and I ask 'Can I like crash a car into something?'

But you can at least hone your medical knowledge...
It's getting better! Although it's funny because the more you find out, the more paranoid you become. All of our information is based on real medicine, but you see so many mystery cases, where the smallest detail could be indicative of something horrible and life threatening, that you start to become a hypochondriac! You'll think 'Oh I had that cough... what could it be based on?' Or you see a growth and really worry what it is! The more you know the less you wish you knew...

...ignorance is bliss...
Truly, truly! But it is good to know, not that I'm about to go into real surgery anytime soon, but it is neat to get an insight into the medical profession. Coming from the arts, we moan about a 17 hour work day filming stuff, but then you realize that the professionals have two 17 hour shifts over the course of two days! If we make a mistake then we go again, but if they make a mistake somebody's life is in jeopardy. You really grow an appreciation for what they do.

Unlike other medical dramas, Saving Hope is filmed in a highly-stylized way, is there any significance to the light flares?
It's a metaphor for the fact that this isn't a normal hospital. The light flares indicate a crack in the veneers between the present, alive world and this fragile balance where the difference between life and death is very thin. Especially in a hospital. It represents the light from the other world shining through... or at least that's my take on it.

Didn't you shoot the pilot in a real hospital? How was that?
We filmed in three different working hospitals, which was interesting as people were constantly crossing through our shots. We had no control. We were working in Emergency at times and they would have to give everybody briefings to stop filming if there was someone coming through. That said, on location you do get a better feel for what it's like to work in a real hospital. There's emotions in the walls. A lived-in quality.

... as opposed to this gleaming set...
It's funny because if you look around our set you can see there aren't many signs of wear and tear, which is bull because hospitals don't get that much funding! Some extras took a chunk out of a doorframe when they were pulling out a cart and, I was like 'Yayyy! It's finally getting a lived-in quality!' but five minutes later our guys came to glue and paint it!

Earlier in the first season one of crew members collapsed, but really there's no better place to do that than on our show. We have all of the equipment, which is all fully functional and, since we get so much product placement from medical companies, we are in fact better equipped than a lot of hospitals. On top of that we have consultants, nurses, doctors around us, so if you want to check your pulse while waiting for the real ambulance to come, we have it all standing by. As much as we don't want people passing out, there's no better place to do it than on the set of Saving Hope

http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/tv/msn- ... ael-shanks

- Erica Durance tiene la jerga médica mejor dominada en la segunda temporada de Saving Hope (entertainment.ca.msn.com):
Erica Durance tiene la jerga médica mejor dominada en la segunda temporada de Saving Hope
18 de Junio, 2013 2:00 PM

It's not very often that a medical drama will delve into the spirit world, taking us through procedural ghost stories of patients trapped in limbo, but that's the atypical angle Saving Hope offers to pull in its viewers. And pull in viewers it does. CTV's hour-long hospital appointment reigned as the most-watched Canadian drama of the 2011-12 broadcast year, helped in part by its heartwarming sentiments, wandering spirits and comely leads. Now entering its second season, we caught up with Erica Durance, who plays the ever hopeful Dr. Alex Reid, to talk about her growing medical knowledge, potential love triangles and grossing people out...

So you came to Saving Hope from Smallville, having appeared as Lois Lane for seven years -- what attracted you to this role? And to Alex?

The whole idea was different. I went from a sci-fi fantasy, a wild ride based in euphoria that was so visual, to real life. [Saving Hope] is definitely real life stuff and, take all the glam away, Alex is a woman struggling to make ends meet and bring the love of her life back. I was also really drawn to the idea and script -- specifically since it was written by a woman, for a woman -- as well as the whole concept of asking those questions of what really happens when tragedy strikes? This big life question that bring us all together.

Has that whole concept of life beyond death influenced your own personal beliefs in any way?

Not so much influenced, but rather reaffirmed things that I already believe a lot in life. Like choices of where things go and what happens after life, however, the show still challenges me to look at things in a different way, from a different perspective.

Did you have any personal fascination with the medical profession?

I was definitely enamoured with the idea of dealing with medical stuff. I'm always wanting to do something I'm intellectually stimulated by and, in this sense, this is a profession I would never in a million years dream of being a part of. It's a chance to sit and speak with doctors and be on the periphery of it all. It's been so interesting watching real surgeries and having the professionals in to explain stuff.

I thought for a very long time about working in child psychology. As a young woman I found that fascinating, but as I get older I don't think I quite have the stamina to deal. And then of course as every actor in this business gets into a role they begin to think, 'Maybe I could do medicine,' until the real life stuff happens and then they think, 'Oh no I really can't.'

Going into the second year of working on Saving Hope, do you understand most of the medical jargon and acronyms Alex reels off?

I'm getting better. I know how to throw it out there and like to think I know what I'm saying. Whether I really do is a different thing, but we have people to help us with pronunciations and understanding what it is you're talking about. All joking aside you do get a tutoring session, but some days are better than others depending on how tired you are and how engaged your brain is.

Last season had some great medical moments, like the double hand transplant and flesh eating disease -- what can we expect to see in future episodes?

We attempt a double surgery with someone who ends up having a really severe back/spinal problem, as well as stuff that my character (a general surgeon) deals with in his stomach, so we have to do a crazy operation. That was pretty nuts, but it's all rather interesting. We'll go to the doctors and say, 'Come on, this stuff doesn't really happen,' and their like 'Oh yes it does.' There was another one with parasites that grossed most people out, but to me it just looked like tapioca pudding so I was fine!

...you don't get squeamish too easily?

I'm not one to be squeamish because I'm usually the one who's grossing everyone else out! Our team that works in prosthetics are really amazing and it's very life like. On television you'll only see a small percentage of what we film, but I find it so fascinating and fun. I had a bunch of fake blood squirt up into my face the other day and run under my eyes. That's not the way we're supposed to be going, we're not filming a horror, but we do have a lot of fun moments.

So there's lots of weird science to look forward to...what else will season two bring?

I think people will really enjoy the upcoming season as it's quite a little more procedure, while keeping the heart. You get to know more people in the hospital and we'll appeal to the audience who are look for more lightness and fun. It keeps the heart, which our diehard fans want, but also balancing it out with more perspectives.

How does it feel being such a strong female lead in this show?

I never feel like I'm carrying the show, but rather am just a part of an ensemble piece. I'm so proud of everyone who works here and the way they cast it. There's so many interesting characters and the actors have done such a great job at making them so unique.

You and Michael have worked together before, how is your relationship off camera?

We do get on really well. One of my first jobs was on his show [Stargate SG-1] and then he came and worked on my show, but now we're working together. It's really great to work with someone who knows you that well. It makes a really stressful environment into a relaxed one and we do have a lot of laughs.

We also have new characters like Being Erica's Erin Karpluk, as well as old antagonists like Dawn Bell (Michelle Nolden), does this mean we'll see more love triangles developing? Maybe even another flirtation between you and Joel (Daniel Gillies)?

Erin has more to do with Joel, but there's definitely some fun happening between them. They're keeping me in the dark with some of that stuff, but there's always tension there and people will always find their favourite couple to root for. Therein lies the show.

And how about a wedding for Alex?

A wedding?

Well you kind of left us hanging in the finale...

And I'm going to keep you hanging! I think there's a lot of twists and turns, but... I'm not going to tell you!

http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/tv/eric ... e#scpshrtu

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- SAVING HOPE Season 2 Preview:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills 2x01 "I Watch death":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- New Promo-Arts:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(thanks to ctv.ca & @SavingHopeTV)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Daniel Gillies sobre "Saving Hope" (tv-eh.com):
Daniel Gillies sobre "Saving Hope"
Por Diane Wild 24 de Junio, 2013

Now I’ve got a couple of questions about [your character on Saving Hope] Dr. Joel Goran, if that’s alright.

Oh, of course.

Tell us about Joel in your own words. Let’s say you were going to set him up with a friend of yours, how would you describe him?

Oh my god, I don’t think I would set Joel Goran up with a friend of mine! I mean, it’s weird. It’s almost like, the more you discover about him, the more enigmatic he becomes. It wouldn’t be possible to try to set him up with a friend of mine because I’d know immediately from talking with him that his heart is set on Alex Reid, played by the wonderful Erica Durance. And I think that he has two loves, really: there’s Alex Reid, which he buries beneath this mountain of work, which is his other love. That’s his other great passion pursuit. He’s an interesting figure because he’s made a decision to be this kind of solitary figure. That alone is one of his enigmas. Any relationship he has is one that he gets through his work. I think that he’s deeply ambitious and he has never stayed in one place terribly long. At the moment I think he’s probably been at Hope Zion, the hospital, for so long it’s testing his threshold, as it were. He’s seeing how long he can deal with the administrative qualities of his new position and the bureaucracies therein.

My follow-up question was about those new responsibilities that we see him taking on at the end of last season. Do you think he’s ready? What can we expect going forward?

Which proffers the other question, to what extent is Joel sticking around because Alex is there? I wish I could answer that. (Laughs.) I think I kinda can, but that’s really for the audience to discern as we move forward.

http://www.tv-eh.com/2013/06/24/intervi ... ving-hope/

- La actriz nacida en Calgary Erica Durance nos ofrece un adelanto de la temporada 2 de "Saving Hope" (calgaryherald.com):
La actriz nacida en Calgary Erica Durance nos ofrece un adelanto de la temporada 2 de "Saving Hope"
Por Eric Volmers, Calgary Herald June 24, 2013 5:06 PM

Near the end of the emotionally draining second-season opener of CTV’s Saving Hope, doctors Alex Reid and Charlie Harris discuss whether they are lucky or cursed.

After taking in the drama that befalls Hope Zion during Tuesday’s hour-long episode, viewers might lean toward the latter. When we left the action in Season 1, former chief of surgery Charlie (played by Michael Shanks), finally emerged from the coma he slipped into after a car wreck at the beginning of Season 1. As fans will recall, this happened while he and Alex (Calgary-born Erica Durance) were in a cab en route to their marriage ceremony. Now, as Season 2 begins, the pair’s romantic plans are again interrupted when they happen upon a violent shooting that eventually throws the entire hospital into turmoil.

“It certainly looks at the beginning that there is a certain curse on them,” says Durance, on a break from filming Season 2 in Toronto. “It creates a situation where people will want to rally behind them and want them to power through.”

And, as with most medical dramas, there is plenty to power through. Season 2 will continue to offer glimpses of the paranormal, which was a major arc in Season 1 and a way for the Canadian series to differentiate itself from the crowded field of hospital-set dramas. Despite being out of his own coma, Charlie will realize that he can still see dead people, or at least those who are comatose. This occurs to him when a young father-to-be and shooting victim happens to slip into a coma. Meanwhile, Alex deals with a teen who overdoses and requires a new liver, while new chief of surgery Joel Goran (Daniel Gillies) helps a single mother (Jasper’s Erin Karpluk, who will have a recurring role this season) by conducting a risky operation.

Yes, at least the surface, this does not appear to leave much time for personal growth and long chats about relationships. But this is television, and since Charlie is no longer clinging to life in a coma, the dynamic is sure to change, says Durance.

“It’s continuing in the metamorphosis of what happens when you’re trying to push play back on a life that has been on pause for so long,” Durance says. “So you see all of the characters going through that process of ‘What do we do now?’ For my character, it allows me to show the audience other sides of her. She can take a full breath now. Charlie is not in a life or death state. As far as her involvement as a doctor, you get to see a little more of that side of her. There’s more humour, Everybody is allowed to flesh out more of their character. There’s just a lot more melody to the music, I think.”

Durance, 35, is no stranger to long-running dramas that deal with the supernatural. She played a young Lois Lane for seven years on the cult hit Smallville. But this is the first time that the actress, who grew up in the small town of Three Hills, has worked on a show as both star and producer.

“I wanted to learn more about what was going on in the show and be a part of the creative process from that side; actually getting in the door of the script readings,” she said. “Everyone has been really gracious to let me shadow them and get me into the editing room a little bit. Knowledge is power, it will inform my other abilities. The trick is to know when to take that cap off and focus on my primary job, which is the acting side of things.”

Of course, this also makes her all the more qualified to comment on the series’ less-than successful run as an American drama. Saving Hope premiered in June of 2012 on CTV and NBC simultaneously. In America, the show attracted 3.1-million viewers, making it the highest summer premiere of 2012. But NBC pulled the plug on it before the season was even finished, opting to air the final two episodes only on its website. The U.S. network will not air the second season, Durance confirmed. But she seemed reluctant to speculate what prompted NBC’s decision, particularly since Saving Hope seemed to have such a promising start.

“It found its audience in both countries and has avid fans in both countries,” Durance says “It’s more about whether people choose to give it that exposure there or not. I’m really proud of what we did last year. The ratings were very good and sometimes it’s about more than that ... There are other shows that had less ratings than we had and they are still there. To me, it’s one of those mysterious things and I don’t concern myself with it too much. At that point, it’s outside of my control.”

The fact that CTV has also rolled out a web series as a companion piece to the series is a testament to fan demand. Last Call will find the doctors of Hope Zion unwinding at the local watering hole, allowing the libations to loosen their tongues about their personal and professional woes. The episodes will be available on CTV.ca/SavingHope, the CTV App, and CTV Mobile.

“It’s something that a lot of TV series are doing now to just give a little bit more to the audience members that are ravenous,” Durance says. “There’s a high demand for it. So they started it to create a few scenarios so people can see the characters outside of the hospital once a week.”

http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainm ... story.html

- Las Vacaciones han terminado para el personaje de Michael Shanks en "Saving Hope" (calgarysun.com):
Las Vacaciones han terminado para el personaje de Michael Shanks en "Saving Hope"
Por Bill Harris 24 de Junio, 2013 03:17 PM MDT

Wakey, wakey.

With the character played by Michael Shanks out of a coma for season two of Saving Hope, Shanks clearly must have negotiated a massive pay increase for himself, right?

“Well ... being out of the coma is reward enough,” Shanks says with a laugh.

The rewards begin for Shanks and his character, Dr. Charlie Harris, when Saving Hope returns for its sophomore season tonight on CTV.

Charlie spent the first season in a coma physically, but wandering the halls of Hope Zion Hospital spiritually, communicating with other ghost-like apparitions but unable to contact those who were living and fully conscious.

That included his fiancee Dr. Alex Reid, played by Erica Durance.

But at the end of season one, Charlie woke up. His big secret in season two is that he still can see the spirits of all those coma patients and the recently deceased.

“I get to play in the sandbox with everybody this year,” Shanks says. “It’s almost like starting a new show.

“I mean, Daniel Gillies (who plays Dr. Joel Goran) and I, we did one scene together in the pilot, I think, and one scene at the very end of the first season, that was it. The dynamic of the show is very different than it was last year.”

Obviously it’s different for Shanks. But will it feel like a new show to the audience, too?

“I think so,” Shanks says. “The ‘through line’ last year, no matter what happened with the patients-of the-week stories, was that everything flowed back into Alex trying to wake Charlie up. But that dynamic was unsustainable, we all knew that. You couldn’t carry on doing a series for additional seasons that way, because it would be tiresome.

“The problem is, that also is what a lot of people enjoyed about the show.

That’s why they tuned in week after week. They wanted to know, ‘Is he going to wake up?’

“So when that changes, you sort of go, ‘What is the show about now?’ That’s what we’re discovering this year. At times it’s still an open question as to whether this is real or it’s all in Charlie’s head. Is he going to acknowledge to everybody else that he has this ability?”

Wouldn’t Charlie at least tell Alex right away?

“That’s a question I had, too,” Shanks says. “But the obstacle to that is something we see very early in the season.”

Whether Charlie keeps his secret or blabs it to everyone, there will be less ‘lying around’ for Michael Shanks in the second season of Saving Hope.

“It was frustrating for me in some of the scenes I did last year, in that my character wasn’t driving any of the action,” Shanks says. “This time around, there’s more Charlie actually can do, which gives me more to play.

“The first season was like a vacation, I tell ya. But all vacations end.”

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/06/24/va ... aving-hope

- El elenco de 'Saving Hope' emocionado por la jerga médica, un Charlie consciente y cirugías 'chorreantes' para la Season 2 (ctv.ca):
El elenco de 'Saving Hope' emocionado por la jerga médica, un Charlie consciente y cirugías 'chorreantes' para la Season 2
Por Lindsay Zier-Vogel 25 de Junio, 2013 6:34:27 AM

Fans aren’t the only ones excited about the return of “Saving Hope.” The cast was thrilled to get back to Hope-Z.

“It’s so good to see everybody,” says actress Erica Durance, who plays Dr. Alex Reid.

“It’s like learning to ride a bike – all of that doctor lingo and getting back into the OR and surgeries. It takes a little while, but it’s still there.”

“Everybody’s really excited, not just about the season, but the extra episodes to do,” Michael Shanks adds about the increased number of episodes to 18.

And Shanks is thrilled to be out of the coma he spent Season 1 in (and out of the tux!). “Charlie not being in that hospital bed really opens up the concept of the show. It’s really giving the other characters more to do and more interactions and there’s more of a group, ensemble atmosphere.”

“The whole spine of the show last season was (Charlie) observing the hospital from the ghost world, and he had this narrating spine and now that device is gone,” says Kris Turner, who plays the psychiatrist, Gavin.

“So on one hand, it’s like we never left and on the other, it’s like it’s a whole new show. It’s fun!”

And it seems everyone on the cast loves that Charlie is up and at ‘em. “And that Charlie can still communicate (with ghosts) is awesome,” says Benjamin Ayres, who plays ER doctor Zach.

Ayres, who started Season 1 as a very new parent, says he didn’t have time to do his usual preparations to command the ER (like reading medical textbooks!), though for Season 2, he says he’s less sleep deprived.

But sleep deprivation or not, Ayres still likes dropping his long convoluted medical phrases whenever he gets the chance.

“Once I’ve memorized it, it’s like Shakespeare, it sticks,” he says with a laugh. “I remember all my big lines from last year. It’s cool to pull them out, especially when I’m talking to a doctor.”

Salvatore Antonio, who plays OR nurse Victor, has also carried skills from Season 1. “I didn’t have to relearn where anything went in the OR.

“If anything, I was a little cocky. I stepped right back into character being snooty Victor with his precise Mayo tray,” he says about the instrument tray.

The one thing he is looking forward too, though is “a big gusher” of a surgery.

“Those are fun. I miss those, the ones where you’re actually slipping on the blood. For the heart transplant one last year, we were literally wiping out. There was fake blood all over the floor!”

http://www.ctv.ca/SavingHope/Articles/F ... t_inv.aspx

- 'Saving Hope' Season 2: Erica Durance, Michael Shanks sobre lo que está por llegar (huffingtonpost.ca):
'Saving Hope' Season 2: Erica Durance, Michael Shanks sobre lo que está por llegar
Por Bryan Cairns 25 de Junio, 2013 1:53 pm EDT

On "Saving Hope," Toronto's Hope Zion Hospital is healing both body and soul. On a weekly basis, Dr. Alex Reid (Erica Durance), Dr. Joel Goran (Daniel Gillies) and the medical staff are dealing with sickness, injuries and diseases. Then there's Dr. Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks), who has awoken from his coma only to discover he can see and converse with ghosts. Charlie's supernatural gift seems to require helping them spiritually by piecing their lives back together.

On the Toronto set in June, Alex is contemplating her options about performing a massive surgery when the situation goes from bad to worse. She's having a loud altercation with another doctor, who not only has a personal connection with the patient, but isn't exactly who he claims to be, either.

Durance and Shanks sat down with HuffPost Canada TV to talk about Season 2 of "Saving Hope," what's in store for their characters, and the basic concepts of life and death on the show.

Many people are afraid of doctors and hospitals. What are your feelings towards them?
Erica Durance: I didn't have any bad experiences. When I was younger, my brother had asthma a lot, so he has a lot more of a connection with it. He was in the hospital quite a bit. For me, it was this unknown entity, which is probably why I was interested in this kind of show, where I could learn something different.

When the series picks up, are Alex and Charlie married or did he leave her at the altar?
Michael Shanks: Charlie and Alex are still very much together, but due to all the things that have happened and changed ... we give a nice healthy jump in time where there was probably some fallout and Charlie made up some nonsense to explain it. Maybe cold feet or something. They had a long discussion and went away. They are still in love, but it's, "You know what? Let's be together, but not necessarily get married at this particular point. Every time we seem to [try and get married], something happens. Let's work our way through, put a pin in that one and just move forward."

Season 1 ended on a few cliffhangers. Where is Alex's headspace when we see her?
ED: This picks up with Alex and Charlie trying to find their way again, but as it happens in a lot of situations where they say there are traumas or different tragedies, people are never the same. It picks up with them coming back from a vacation and they're getting back into work. Alex is trying to negotiate "Where am I? Where am I going?" She senses something is a little off with Charlie or he's changed from his situation. It's about how you reconnect again. As a doctor, she's come back to reinsert herself in the hospital and to get her career going again.

How has this whole coma experience changed Charlie as a person and a doctor?
MS: You would think he would be a little more sensitive. It's less about the coma experience and more about the ghost experience. That's the main thing that we will see changing him. The way I found playing him is you can empathize a little bit more with people but at a certain point, doctors are doctors. My emotional connection to you is not going to help you. What I can do is fix the body. He's quick to bounce back to that rhythm.

With the ghost angle, it makes him much more attached to their personal story. We're still discovering whether that's going to be good or bad. In some cases, Charlie finds out through this blessing/curse he can do some good. He can help people find closure over certain things. We're still waiting for the bottom to drop out of it and about what the downside is. As we're opening up the concept, Charlie is actually a better doctor. People who are spirits can tell him stuff about themselves.

Alex was understandably an emotional wreck while Charlie was in a coma. Are we going to see a lighter, happier Alex having more fun this season?
ED: Yeah, a lot more fun, whether it's me as an actor having moments where life goes sideways or whether it's Alex ... I'm not sure. It was so constraining last year because of that specific thing and it was more serialized. This season, they have the emotional side of it, they have all the little plot points for people to continue to fall in love with the characters. But, it has a little bit of procedural, as well. You're allowed to breathe and she is too. You discover more about her relationship with Joel and how they relate to each other. She does get to loosen up a bit, which is nice.

When you take on a role like this, you think it's a really great script. Then you realize, "I've started at such a high-intensity level." To be quite honest, a lot of it is a blur. A lot of people come back and say, "You cried in every scene, every day, for six months." And I was like, "Really?" I think it was this vortex I was in. I did get pretty tired at the end and I needed a lot of time off.

In the Season 1 finale, Charlie discovered he is essentially a "ghost whisperer" and can still communicate with spirits. Does he believe he's lost his marbles?
MS: Charlie and Alex go on a vacation after his recovery is done to have a good time and sort things out about their relationship. He hasn't had this problem while he's been away. He comes back and boom! Another ghost in his face. He wants to get another CAT scan. He wants to get sent to a therapist. Charlie tries to deal with "What is this all about?" until he finally agrees to help one of these spirits out.

Some ghosts are unconscious patients. In general, what do they want?
MS: In an early case, one is worried he will go away with a regret in his life that he wants to undo. Another guy comes up and won't tell Charlie what he wants. He just keeps singing. Some patients are going to be a pain in the ass and just follow Charlie around. In another storyline, you get a patient who reveals some secrets that they probably wouldn't otherwise in their conscious form, and then forgets they revealed them when they wake up. Charlie is burdened with this information.

Other people complicate Alex and Charlie's relationship. Will his ex-wife Dawn (Michelle Nolden) be back?
MS: Obviously, Michelle is a wonderful actor. She proved that last year. She took what could have been a two-dimensional wicked witch and really made her a person who has feelings. Bringing her into the fore, you go from this pseudo love triangle into this love square. She's going to shake it up a little by flirting with Joel and making Alex's life a living hell.

Joel originally came to the hospital to work under Charlie. Now he's been promoted, is your boss and still carries a torch for Alex. That must be awkward.
MS: When Charlie comes back, Joel is not only running the damn hospital, but in Charlie's old job. They are both orthopods too, so you get this competitive dynamic with Joel still having feelings for Alex and Charlie aware of all this stuff. There's going to be some sparks there in terms of Joel still chasing after her, and Charlie is not going to be terribly receptive to that notion. It starts off a little passive and gets aggressive quickly.

And where do Alex and Joel stand at this point?
ED: What I love about the Joel and Alex relationship is all the elements you can pull from and how well they know each other. They can get each other out of their bad moods or hard times by this jousting they do. They bait each other a lot. Having him be in a superior position is really fun to play with all those different layers. Of course, Alex does a few things that are not necessarily good protocol and he has to deal with that.

How would you describe Alex's bedside manner?
ED: She has a tendency to over-identify with the patients and get overly involved and blur the line and draw parallels between her life and what that person is going through. Sometimes that gets fuzzy and she makes decisions she normally wouldn't.

What does having your episode count increased to 18 allow you to do story-wise?
MS: You can give other characters more to do. You don't have to be so precious with just Erica and Daniel and Michael getting their stories. You can really flesh out the show's other characters, which expands out this world. You can tell a larger arc, so whatever is going on with this ghost thing or the politics in the hospital or even some of the stories that evolve. Joel starts to develop a relationship with a patient. We get to see where his head is on his personal journey.

The procedural aspect is an important element in "Saving Hope." Can you preview what the writers have whipped up?
MS: There's a shooting in the first episode. A couple of civilians get shot and one ends up being a woman who brings her son in because he got nicked by a bullet. Then she finds out she was the one actually shot and is trailing blood. She's been getting there on adrenaline. Joel has to work hard to save the mother and all of a sudden, the kid is attracted to Joel. On the flip side, Charlie is dealing with a guy who was shot and fell down an escalator. He's the ghost of the week. We have a case in this particular episode where this man goes in to coma world and confesses he has two wives and both are coming to visit him in the hospital.

Charlie says, "You need a bone marrow transplant. You didn't have kids. This could be a match for you. You could save your life." When the guy wakes up, he doesn't remember the conversation. I'm really looking forward to the next episode because there's a character named Rusty, who is Charlie's nemesis. He's a lawyer who tried to sue him for six and a half million for malpractice. He becomes a patient and insists Charlie does the surgery. Something happens and he becomes the ghost haunting Charlie. We also get a visit from our old psychic friend Randall (Peter Keleghan), who comes in as a patient.

Last season, some of the major themes revolved around hope, life and death, and what that means. How will you be building on those?
ED: For me, it was the crux of dealing with always moving forward and finding hope in the face of that. They'll be able to keep the whole supernatural realm through Charlie's character. How honest are you with your loved ones? Do you let them know or not? There's all of that maintenance and the arc continues to flow through. It's interesting this year because he's having to deal with it in real time and us potentially noticing it. How does he continue to communicate and does he really want to?

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/06/25 ... =canada-tv

- Erica Durance de Saving Hope Explora La Vida después de la vida en Season 2 (realstylenetwork.com):
CTV’s Canadian supernatural medical drama Saving Hope returns tonight with a fresh new season where the stakes have changed. In Saving Hope’s first season we met Charlie a doctor in a coma who was helping people cross over to the other side and his fiancée Alex, also a doctor, who is coping with the possibility of losing the love of her life. At the end of season 1, Charlie woke from his coma and is now working alongside Alex at the hospital, but still sees spirits. Real Style asked Erica Durance, who plays Alex to talk about how things are going to change for her character this season and how the show has challenged her.

Real Style: Having Charlie wake up at the end of season one changes things on the show a bit. Will Saving Hope still feel the same for fans now that Charlie is alive? What does Charlie being out of a coma and back to work mean for Alex?

Erica Durance: What I love about season 2 is that it takes everything from season 1 and amplifies it. The audience will have a chance to get to know the characters in a more full-bodied way, with Charlie now bringing his “talking to ghosts” gift into his real life and trying to balance that. They will get to experience other sides of Alex’s character, and how she deals with the fact that Charlie is different. It is again a love story between Alex and Charlie and how they try to keep connected.

One of the major dilemmas for Alex this season is trying to re-start her life post coma. Even though you want everything to be the same, it’s irrevocably altered. There is a certain grieving process that she’s going through while she’s actively trying to reconnect with Charlie.

Real Style: Is Alex going to be a part of Charlie’s other worldly “powers”? Do you think she would accept his explanation?

Erica Durance: That, I cannot reveal. The Alex that I know now, struggles to believe that there is something else out there, but who knows. Never say never.

Real Style: Did reading these scripts challenge you spiritually? Did you find yourself thinking what would I do and what do I believe?

Erica Durance: What I love about what the creators have done with this show is that they have given us a platform for discussion about the afterlife, but they don’t give you any solid answers, so it just begins the conversation. For me, I have an absolute belief in “something more”, so playing Alex, who struggles with that belief, has been interesting

Real Style: When you hear supernatural medical drama people might be wary. What would you say to someone who wasn’t sure about the show?

Erica Durance: I am personally drawn to projects that speak to me on a fundamental human level. If someone chooses to engage in the show, I’m absolutely confident that they will fall in love with the characters as much as I have.

http://www.realstylenetwork.com/blogs/c ... -season-2/

- Erica Durance Regresa en Saving Hope (jamesbawden.blogspot.com):
Erica Durance says there was a split second when she wondered if she could move to Toronto to star in the new CTV medical drama Saving Hope.

"My son's in Grade 8 and I couldn't move him. So the family stayed put and I move for the seven months it takes to film a season. It was a tough decision. But I'm back in Vancouver as often as possible."

The other day one web site voted Durance "the best ever" Lois Lane by virtue of her outstanding job on seven seasons of TV's Smallville.

"I'll take that compliment and run with it," she jokes. "But it's nice to be recognized that way."

Tuesday night on CTV Durance returns in the second season opener of Saving Hope which finds her character Dr. Alex Reid and her surgeon beau Dr. Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks) caught in a shootout at a transit-subway station platform.

Talk about unlucky!

Last season found Charlie in a prolonged coma after sustaining major injuries in a car wreck.

He also began experiencing an out of body experience where he would chat up fellow patients with life threatening injuries.

To this observer the appearance of such "ghosts" was a really radical way to make Saving Hope a different type of drama and Durance says viewers are divided on the issue.

And in the first new episode Charlie continues to see these apparitions --he must confront the spirit of a father-to-be who is slipping away after being caught in the crossfire of the airport shooting.

Durance says she's hearing conflicting testimony from fans of the show.

Her advice? "Just go with it. It's there but not always a big part of every story."

Durance's character Alex also has her own issues. Early on in the new season she viciously slaps a young girl who keeps insisting she wants to die.

Alex has learned the hard way how precious life really is.

As a vote of confidence CTV is upping the number of episodes of Saving Hope this year from 13 to 18 new hours.

Although the first season thrived on CTV the numbers on NBC were not strong enough to warrant an order for another season.

"It's a cultural thing, I'm sure," Durance says. NBC is a network that favors male oriented shows while Saving Hope is definitely in the category of attracting younger female viewers.

"I think with 18 hours we can explore relationships much deeper. And we're not fixated on making that American sale. I'm sure it will happen --there are many more options out there these days."

I noticed at the top of the first hour which I've previewed that Wendy Crewson's name has disappeared from the credits --she played chief surgeon Dr. Dana Kinney.

In fact in the last episode of the first season Kinney was told by hunky doctor Joel Goran (Daniel Gillies) that he was taking over her job.

Reports Durance: "Wendy is back in Season 2 and we feel lucky to have her be part of the show. Her character will pop up several times --I'm just doing an episode with her this week.

And in other casting news Erin Karpluk of Being Erica will have a recurring role as a single mom who survives a tricky operation (a bullet is lodged near her heart).

At 35 Durance has already survived seven seasons on Smallville. She says "For whatever reason there just isn't that much production in B.C. right now."

She's also onboard as a producer for Season Two, a job that lets her sit in on editing and script meetings --it's a move that should make for a more rounded career in the future.

CTV also has a companion weblet series called Last Call finding the doctors chattering on about personal issues. Check it all out at CTV.ca/SavingHope.

http://jamesbawden.blogspot.com.br/2013 ... -hope.html

- Canada AM: Erica Durance on season 2 (Video-interview):

http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId ... tPageNum=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6B8dStRmWo

- CP24 BREAKFAST: Erica Durance is stopping by to tell us about the show's new season (Video-interview):

http://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=953710 ... tPageNum=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM-SKQQtWpY

- The Morning Show: Erica Durance on season 2 (Video-interview):

http://globalnews.ca/video/670115/inter ... ca-durance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcjDnc84jA8

- Inside Erica Durance’s Home (The Marilyn Denis Show):

http://www.marilyn.ca/Celebrities/segme ... icaDurance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4XR0KKunIE

- Erica Durance interview for 'Saving Hope' season 2 (TheGateMag):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joRV8f9u2Uo

- CTV Morning Live (B.C.) Interviews Erica Durance (video-interview):

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=95385 ... tPageNum=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVKe6cVV6xY

- Erica Durance Promotes Saving Hope´s premiere on eTalk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHH40UqFGsc

- Erica Durance Dishes on 'Saving Hope' Season 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKx0fL6x8e4

- Erica Durance Interview Promoting 'Saving Hope' Premiere (EP Daily):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBz7NvtgZ2o

- Descripciones oficiales completas de los episodios 2.01 "I watch death", 2.02 "Little Piggies" y 2.03 "Why Waste Time":
2.01 “I watch death”: En su camino hacia su primer turno desde sus vacaciones, la Dra. Alex Reid (Erica Durance) y el Dr. Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks) son pillados en mitad de un tiroteo. Ellos rápidamente atienden a las víctimas y llegan de regreso al Hope Zion – para el primer turno de Charlie desde que regresço del coma.Charlie está listo para meterse de nuevo en su bata y en la sala de Urgencias a empezar a salvar vidas, mientras que Alex se ve rápidamente arrastrada a tratar con una adolescente suicida, y sus propios sentimientos conflictivos acerca del deseo de una persona de vivir. A través de la compasión y la comprensión, Alex salva la vida de la chica, dándole una segunda oportunidad. En otra sala de Urgencias, Joel (Daniel Gillies), que es ahora el Jefe de Cirugía, trabaja junto a Dawn (Michelle Nolden) para realizar una intensa cirugía en una mujer que tiene una bala viajera en ella del tiroteo. Mientras tanto, Charlie se ve pillado fuera de guardia cuando rápidamente se da cuenta de que sigue siendo capaz de ver a los espíritus de sus pacientes cuando ha regresado al Hope Zion – un efecto secundario de haber estado en coma. Charlie aún sigue teniendo la capacidad de ayudar al espíritu de sus víctimas para liberarlos del estado transicional – algo para lo que no estaba preparado con lo que tratar. Es un día de vuelta lleno de emoción y de acción, en el que al dinal del día, Alex y Charlie se sienten muy afortunados de estar vivos y juntos. Escrito por Morwyn Brebner y dirigido por David Wellington. Erin Karpluk y Jonas Chernick también aparecen como estrellas invitadas.

2.02 “Little Piggies”: Alex (Erica Durance) está tomando un curso cardíaco en el laboratorio de cerdos, dirigido por Dawn (Michelle Nolden), cuando sus nervios acaban haciéndose con ella. Dawn rápidamente capitaliza la oportunidad para reprochárselo a Alex, lo que no las coloca en una buena posición durante el resto del capítulo. Es tan sólo cuando terminan compartiendo un paciente con problemas cardíacos cuando Alex debe tragarse su orgullo, ser mejor persona, y darse cuenta de cómo puede no sólo trabajar con Dawn – sino aprender de ella también, por el interés de su paciente. Igualmente, Joel (Daniel Gillies) se encuentra a sí mismo aún aprendiendo a mantenerse a flote como el Jefe de Cirugía del Hope Zion Hospital. Al principio, su ego le gana, pero hacia el final Joel busca a Charlie (Michael Shanks) para que le de consejo sobre un paciente con una extremadamente rara enfermedad de huesos. Mientras tanto, Charlie conecta con un paciente comatoso que parece que nunca va a despertar. A través de lidiar con el espíritu del paciente y conseguir una útil ayuda de Gavin (Kristopher Turner), Charlie ayuda a su paciente a ganarle a las probabilidades. Escrito por Adam Pettle y dirigido por Kelly Makin. Daniel Kash, Joel Keller, Rick Miller, Siobhan Murphy, Stefani Kimber y Tammy Isbell también aparecen como estrellas invitadas.

2.03 “Why Waste Time”: Sintiendo como que se está quedando atrás en su carrera, Alex (Erica Durance) cae en la estrategia de Reycraft-necesitas-una-especialidad y se inclina a encontrar su vocación. Pero cuando una mujer con un trauma por apuñalamiento llega a la sala de Urgencias, Alex debe trabajar con su marido (un doctor inmigrante) para salvar su vida. Alex aprende de él que los aparatos y la camaradería nunca son más importantes que la gente a la que salvas. Mientras tanto, Charlie (Michael Shanks) está tratando con un paciente que tiene un gran secreto que le revela a Charlie en el espacio transicional – que tiene dos mujeres. Charlie le convence para que sea sincero con sus fanilias, incluso si los resultados son desastrosos. Pero los efectos secundarios de las mentiras de su paciente no puede ayudar sino actuar como aviso a Charlie cuando en cuanto a lo que se refiere de revelar su propio secreto a Alex. En el área administrativa, Joel (Daniel Gillies) se demuestra a sí mismo como Jefe. Con historia de Greg Nelson, guión de Waneta Storms y dirigido por John Fawcett. Raoul Bhaneja, Vanessa Morganv, Jordan Todoseyv, Kevin Hanchard, Connor Price y David Keeley también aparecen como estrellas invitadas.

http://devotedfansnetwork.com/savinghop ... -and-more/?

- Stills de los episodios 1-3 de la serie web "Last Call":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(thanks to ctv.ca)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Añadidos los links y rátings del 2.01 "I watch death". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

- Música del 2.01 "I watch death":

"Paper Legs" (Sky Barbarick)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills 2.02 "Little Piggies":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(Thanks to @lovedearest & ctv.ca)

- Nueva imagen BTS (26-06-13):

Imagen

(@EricJJohnson79: U know those Doctors on SH are pretty darn awesome. U should watch them work, I enjoyed my view today)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Last Call" Ep. 1 "The buffer":

- "Last Call" Ep. 2 "Fuzzy Coma":

- "Last Call" Ep. 3 "Neuromale":

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Saving Hope 2x02 "Little Piggies" Promo:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Erica Durance Y michael Shanks de 'Saving Hope's' sobre una Season 2 con menos lágrimas y menos esmóquin (ctva.ca):
Erica Durance Y michael Shanks de 'Saving Hope's' sobre una Season 2 con menos lágrimas y menos esmóquin
Por Lindsay Zier-Vogel 02/07/2013 7:44:46 AM

In the first season of “Saving Hope,” Charlie was in a coma and wandered the halls of Hope-Z in a ghost world, but in Season 2, he’s out of the coma, out of bed…and out of that tux.

“It’s nice to wear these pajamas all the time,” actor Michael Shanks says about his second season scrubs, “but I’ve got to say, I kind of miss the tux.

“Now I have to try on things in wardrobe,” he says laughing.

But beyond the multiple costume changes, what else is different this season? “On one hand you don’t have so much angst, and everything falling back into that morose and dour storyline. But at the same time, without that constant, the spine of the first season, we’re trying to figure out what’s going to happen,” he says, promising a lot more interplay between the cast and ghosts, and more medical procedures.

“It’s nice to do the surgeries and play in the sandbox with everyone else,” he says.

“It is nice to not be crying in every episode,” Erica Durance with a laugh. “It’s nice to have a bit more freedom. My character especially has a bit more room to showcase where she came from. There’s more about her past. It’s pretty fun to laugh and have a bit of fun.”

“Where the show is going this season allows us to explore the other characters. There’s more insight into
Charlie’s character and Joel and Maggie’s characters. The characters really come alive.

“There’s definitely a lot more freedom.”

Season 1 left off with Charlie realizing that he still sees ghosts and that they can still communicate. But when nothing happened over his vacation in Costa Rica, he thought he was in the clear. But when he and Alex return to the hospital and the ghosts return, he realizes it’s still going on.

“He wants to figure out what’s wrong with his brain, in the first episode,” Shanks says. “At first he’s in denial about if it’s real or if it’s in his brain, but he has to come to a certain level of acceptance. The way the stories are unfolding and the way I’m understanding (them), this skill becomes a great tool. He can now be an even better doctor.

“The curse turns into a benefit though as I’m waiting for things to go colossally wrong,” he says with a laugh.

Even though he’s finally out of the hospital bed, and they’re trying their best to find their feet as a couple, Alex and Charlie are still struggling to figure out how they’ve both been affected by last season’s traumatic events.

“Often we want to go back to the familiar, go back to where we felt our life pause, but nothing is ever the same. Charlie and Alex are both trying to recover and trying to find out who each other is in this new world,” says Durance.

Shanks, too, is interested in how Charlie’s secret changes him and how it affects his relationship with Alex.
“I’m just as curious as anyone to find out how that’ll all play out,” he says and adds he loves the scenes Charlie has with Alex that are no longer just in flashbacks.

“When Erica and I work together, we just get along so well that it’s really hard for our characters to be mad at each other, or even be awkward together.

“You see them more in a day-to-day way.”

So, will they be rescheduling their wedding any time soon?

“You have to grow with each other to continue on in any relationship and that’s the big questions – will they grow together, or will this make them grow apart?” says Durance.

“They can’t live happily ever after, that’s boring,” Shanks insists, with a laugh.

http://www.ctv.ca/SavingHope/Articles/F ... ws.twitter

- El proceso creativo de Erica Durance: Desde la jerga médica de 'Saving Hope' a las siestas inspiradas en la playa (ctv.ca):
El proceso creativo de Erica Durance: Desde la jerga médica de 'Saving Hope' a las siestas inspiradas en la playa
Por Lindsay Zier-Vogel 02/07/2013 7:40:45 AM

It takes most doctors years of med school to be able to rhyme off surgical terms with any sort of authority, but Erica Durance had to jump into the OR after only a crash course in medical terminology.

“Learning lingo, for me takes a lot of repetition,” she says with a laugh.

“But I always have to understand what I’m talking about. Some actors have the ability to just memorize and go, but I have to go and talk to the doctors and figure out what it is I’m doing and why I’m doing it. If they paint that picture for me, it’s much easier for me to remember what I’m saying.”

To do this, she relies on a team of medical consultants to help her find her way in Hope-Z.

“It takes a lot of research first, and then it’s just doing it over and over and over again.”

Juggling these complicated words in the script, combined with the even more complicated procedures, is just one more thing Durance fits into a day on “Saving Hope.”

“How early I get to set depends on what the scene is and where it’s shot,” she says about her days on set.

“I’m in earlier than the guys for (hair and makeup) and can get picked up as early as quarter to five in the morning and be going till 11 at night on a particularly difficult day.”

With such long hours, and such intense focus on set, how does she stay grounded?

“I’m a big believer of realizing that this is an endurance race and not a sprint and that I’m going to be here for the next six months.”

“It’s all about banking sleep hours,” she says and like many real doctors, she grabs naps whenever she can.

“It’s pretty hilarious, but I have a nap over lunch. I’ve got a calm trailer that I’ve decorated and put candles in it.

"I get myself situated and pretend I’m on a beach and fall asleep listening to waves.
Of course, she ends up waking up, still in her scrubs and heads back to set “where I’ll have blood spurting everywhere,” she says with a laugh.

“There’s a lot of blood in the face some days!”

http://www.ctv.ca/SavingHope/Articles/F ... RM.twitter

- Música del 2.02 "Little Piggies":

"I´m tired of living with no fun" (Nudie)

"Go to bed" (English Words)

"Medicine" (Daughter)

- Añadidos los links y rátings del 2.02 "Little Piggies". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nueva imagen BTS (01-07-13):

Imagen

(thanks to cidrauhl)

- Nuevas imágenes BTS (03-07-13):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@SavingHopeTV: director, hallway ghost or both You decide
@noelcarbs: Day 3. Reycraft looks dubious. Doesn't bode well for Alex
@noelcarbs: This one's a head scratcher
@noelcarbs: [Insert caption here] @SavingHopeTV
@noelcarbs: Finishing up @SavingHopeTV Day 3 w some Alex & Maggie action...Not like 'action' action Just... Never mind)

- Stills "Saving Hope", 2.03 "Why waste time":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- En HQ:

Imagen Imagen

(thanks to @lovedearest)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Saving Hope" 2.03 Promo 'Why Waste Time' (HD):

- BTS (04-07-13):

Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@noelcarbs: Watching the magic happen BTS on @SavingHopeTV w @gregorythesmith & @kristopherturn
@dave_lester: Did you know, there's a painting in the #savinghope set that says 'Hope' on it You're welcome
@dave_lester: Second meal at #savinghope #savingfood).

- BTS (05-07-13):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(Thanks to @StarryDreamer01)

- Video BTS (06-07-13):

http://instagram.com/p/bZ12pQO0_f/#

(thanks to @Salvatonio)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Erica Durance una mujer de Esperanza (canada.com):
Erica Durance una mujer de Esperanza
Por Melissa Hank 08 Julio, 2013 2:01 PM

Superman may be a Man of Steel, but Erica Durance is a woman of sci-fi. The Calgary-born actress has a resume you’d swear was cultivated from the files of Area 51.

It boasts supernatural shows such as Stargate SG-1, Andromeda and Tru Calling — plus the Superman origin tale Smallville, in which she played Lois Lane — so her role on CTV’s series that sees dead people, Saving Hope, seems like a perfect fit.

“I love the discussion of ‘Is there anything else out there?’ and beginning the discussion of what happens on the other side of things,” says Durance, who plays Dr. Alex Reid on the show.

In Season 1 of Saving Hope, Alex’s fiancé, Dr. Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks), fell into a coma after a tragic accident and, in that semi-awake state, found he could talk to ghosts.

But now in the early glow of Season 2, Charlie has awoken and the series is focusing on how his secret ability functions in the real world with Alex, and the paranormal push-and-pull it creates.

“They’re trying to get their relationship going again, yet he’s dealing with how he’s going to balance both worlds,” says Durance, who’s also a producer on the show. “And of course she’s trying to find out and senses that there’s something not quite right.”

Also this season, Being Erica star Erin Karpluk joins the cast as single mother Sonya, and Beverly Hills, 90210 star Jason Priestley takes a seat in the directing chair.

“I think everyone was a little excited about that experience,” says Durance of having the former Brandon Walsh — purveyor of a pompadour par excellence — on the set. “I got to go on location, on a road trip and be out of the studio. Of course, as often happens in the medical drama world, there’s a tragedy of some sort and you get to see my character really show off her doctor skills.”

In real life, Durance is hoping to hone a skill of her own: singing. When she was starting out, she found her heart pounded for musical theatre and she took voice lessons.

“(Singing is) always something in the back of my mind. What I’d love to do is get back to that for myself in a private way and hopefully express it in a more musical theatre kind of way. But I’d need a lot of work,” Durance says with a laugh.

And no, Smallville fans, she hasn’t yet seen the new Superman flick, Man of Steel. But when she does, she won’t be holding some sort of secret Lois Lane competition with big-screen portrayer Amy Adams.

“For me, the embodiment of that character will always in my mind be connected to our project and the people I connected with there,” Durance says. “So if there’s a new incarnation, I’m excited to support whatever that is. And I’m definitely planning on watching it, for sure.” (CTV, 10 ET/PT)

http://www.canada.com/entertainment/Eri ... story.html

- Erica Durance, Michael Shanks y Kristopher Turner de Saving Hope sopesan el gran secreto de Charlie (ctv.ca):
Erica Durance, Michael Shanks y Kristopher Turner de Saving Hope sopesan el gran secreto de Charlie
Por Lindsay Zier-Vogel 09/07/2013 3:52:48 AM

Where Season 1 focused primarily on Charlie and Alex, Season 2 opens up the floor to the rest of the Hope-Z staff.

“This season is really allowing us to explore the other characters,” says Erica Durance, the actress who plays Alex. “There’s more insight into Charlie’s character and Joel and Maggie and Gavin’s characters.

“They all really come alive and there’s definitely a lot more freedom.”

Check out photos from the digital series, "Last Call."

One of the first new relationships to come out of Season 2 is Charlie’s (Michael Shanks) tentative and sometimes dismissive relationship with psychiatrist Gavin Murphy (Kristopher Turner).

“Charlie has respect for psychiatrists and uses them as consultants all the time, but when it comes to him, he doesn’t want them in his head because they might find something, so he keeps Gavin at arm’s length,” explains Shanks.

“It’s a really interesting dynamic,” agrees Turner. “The writers planted a very tiny seed at the end of Season 1, and I’m really glad it’s grown into an actual scene between these characters.”

In the first of the digital series, “The Buffer” a very drunk Gavin meets Charlie at the bar, and upon realizing Gavin won’t remember a thing, Charlie ends up opening up to the psychiatrist.

Watch it here!

“Sometimes the people who are the most opposite to us are the safest ones to discuss some of these things with,” Turner reflects (and when they can’t remember a thing you said in the morning, it’s even safer!).

Even though Gavin doesn’t really know that Charlie’s communicating with ghosts, Gavin understands from a psychiatrist’s perspective that dealing with a death-defying experience and an incredible trauma inevitably affects your psyche.

“Charlie can pretend all he wants and other people may believe him because he looks like he’s fine, but Gavin know that something’s got to be up.”

“Alex knows something’s not quite right and that nothing’s the same, and yet, she can’t get access into what it is,” Durance adds.

“The writers did a wonderful job for Charlie’s storyline, seeing whether he’s willing to talk about it or not.”

Will he ever spill the beans?

And if he does, will it be to (a non-drunk) Gavin, or Alex?

http://www.ctv.ca/SavingHope/Articles/F ... ature.aspx

- BTS (08-07-13):

Imagen Imagen

(@Salvatonio: My new surgery cap looks like it once belonged to Cliff Huxtable)

- BTS (09-07-13):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@dave_lester: All set for another night of @SavingHopeTV We're still shooting 'em. Look! #savinghope #rolling
@dave_lester: I'm sure you're all watching #savinghope right now on @CTV_Television. And with that assumption in mind, here...
@garykli: At #HopeZion for the day
@garykli: My girl)

- BTS (10-07-13):

Imagen

(@dave_lester: Just the usual at Hope Zion)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Añadidos los links y rátings del 2.03 "Why waste time". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

- Música del episodio 2.03 "Why waste time":

"Giddy Up" (Dragonette)

"Call me maybe" (String Quartet Version Arranged by Todoe Kobakov)

"Sending out a message" (Andrew Austin)

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Lois Lane (Erica Durance)”