Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arr

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Interview With Arrow's Jessica De Gouw (Helena Bertinelli/The Huntress):

- Jessica De Gouw adelanta la inroducción de the Huntress (tvfanatic.com):
How is Helena introduced on the show?
With a punch. She comes in strong. She’s a force of nature. And not only the Huntress, but Helena is pretty sassy in her own right.

What has surprised you so far about the role?
It’s challenging for me because I play Helena and the Huntress and I have to be able to hold my own regarding the duality of the role. It’s challenging. And I have to be able to kick butt and all of that. I’m quite feminine in my normal every day life, so the fighting and all of that is new and interesting for me. But it’s good ... I’m really enjoying it.

What is the dynamic between Oliver and Helena?
It’s very interesting because they come from such different backgrounds and circumstances, but there’s something very similar about them. And I think that’s where the attraction comes from. They find something they can relate to and appreciate.

Arrow has a mission to live by his dad’s last words and find his retribution? How is the relationship with your father different from that?
Well, I think Helena comes from a very difficult upbringing. They’re her family but I think she differs from them in her ideals and with what she thinks is right. So it kind of creates a conflict for her and while Oliver is trying to do what his father wants, Helena is the opposite.

Oliver has a list and defined mission to complete. What drives the Huntress?
It’s born out of the relationship with her family and her father. And rectifying the wrongs that were done there. So that’s where it all comes from. She doesn't have a list like he does.

We've seen that Oliver doesn't have a problem killing the bad guys. What’s the Huntress’ take on murder?
She’s pretty ruthless. She’s certainly not as controlled as she possibly could be. I mean, she’s a vigilante of sorts and in her own head she justifies the choices she makes. If you’re going to question everything you do, then why do it in the first place? She can be pretty full-on, but in her head it’s all justified.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/11/arrow- ... the-huntr/

- Según ha confirmado greenarrowTV, la primera temporada de la serie tendrá 23 capítulos.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/scoop-arrow ... -one/12625

- Katie Cassidy Puede estar en la diana para convertirse ella misma en superhéroe (nbcbayarea.com):
Katie Cassidy Puede estar en la diana para convertirse ella misma en superhéroe
La actriz está lista para transformarse en Black Canary cuando llegue el momento
Por Scott Huver 27 de Nov, 2012 | Updated 1:03 PM PST

It’s a safe bet that “Arrow’s” Katie Cassidy would look shapely in Black Canary's signature fishnet stockings, but will she actually make the move from love interest to fellow crime fighter?

With the action-adventure series based on the DC Comics superhero Green Arrow emerging as The CW’s breakout hit of the fall season, Cassidy – best known for her stints on “Melrose Place” and “Gossip Girl” – has made a strong impression as Oliver Queen’s crusading ex- (and possibly future) girlfriend Laurel Lance. Cassidy reveals what she loves about the role, how her famous dad ("Partridge Family" family lead David Cassidy) let her find her own way in Hollywood, and how she’s up for some fight training should those fishnets find their way into her wardrobe.

Let’s talk about developing that love/hate chemistry with Stephen Amell in the first part of the season, because that can be tricky to pull off.

There's definitely a fine line with that. There's a lot of push and pull that goes on between the two characters. I think you'll see the journey that they go on, it's certainly a bumpy ride. But having said that, you can't help who you love. I feel like they have such a strong connection and the history between them, they've known each other since they were kids.

Given that Dinah Laurel Lance is better known as the Black Canary in the comic books, are you physically prepping yourself for the call to slip into a superhero costume at some point?

Yeah. I think overall, in general, I'm a pretty physical and fit person. I try to take care of myself and workout and stuff like that.

How closely have you looked at the original comic book character and the blonde wig – the whole look that’s defined her since she debuted in the ‘40s.

I certainly did a lot of research before I met with the guys and before I got the role, but as far as actually going back and reading into it too much, I try not to do that. I don't want to change what I've sort of already developed in my head.

Are you pro-fishnets?

It kind of just depends on how the whole costume would come together. I have this action figure that I was given by a fan that's the Black Canary. I noticed that it was very revealing, with not a lot of material in the costume, so that's a little scary! But I'm sure that it'd be something that came together in a very cool and classy way.

Were you aware of the comic book characters when you were young?

I was more of a videogame person actually. I wasn't very into comic books. I was literally more about 'Mortal Kombat' and 'Duke Nukem' on the PC.

You’ve said that your father, David Cassidy, advised you to not take a job unless you were passionate about it. Were you always able to adhere to his wisdom?

I certainly think at some point in your career, this is how we make money. This is our job and it becomes your life. When I was really young, I moved out when I was 18 years old and had nothing. The one thing that I will say that I appreciate about my parents is when I moved out, they were basically like, 'You're going to be on your own and you're going to learn like everyone else to make a living and choose what you want to do.'

If I needed help they probably would've helped me, but the whole time it was just me. I had my one bedroom apartment and I didn't have a lot of money and so there were times that I took roles because I needed to survive. Having said that, I think that you get to a place in your career, which I think has happened in the last couple of years, where I've gotten the opportunity and have been so lucky to be more selective and actually feel passionate and driven about these projects that I have taken. I've gotten to a place where I can feel a little bit more comfortable.

How pleased or horrified were they that you wanted to be an actor?

I think they were definitely slightly horrified. But they were both very big on following my dream and they knew how important it was to me and how much I wanted it. My dad also said to me, 'As long as you work hard at it, you can never learn too much.' He was like, 'As long as you're in class and you study and show that this is actually what you want to do, I will support it.' I think he saw that, and so now he is just proud.

Had you stayed in regular talks with The CW since your last show with them?

I have stayed very close with them. The CW has been wonderful to me, and I sat down and met with them about a year ago – and I wanted to be back on their network. We sat down and talked and they said, 'What kind of show are you looking to do?' I said that it would be really cool to do something action-packed, a kick-ass-type role. Sure enough this came along, and I read it and it was a great group of people: Marc Guggenheim, Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg – they were certainly the people that I wanted to be in business with. It was a wonderful script and a wonderful character, so it all just fell into place.

What do you like about Laurel?

I love the fact that she's a strong woman who isn't afraid to go after what she wants. Her integrity, her morals and her values are very, very high. I just think especially in today's society the working woman is very much more respected. I think it's great that she gets to take on this role and make things happen that she strongly believes in.

Are we going to see you in any other projects aside from “Arrow?”

Yeah. I don't know if you're familiar with this graphic novel called 'The Scribbler.' We just shot the movie and I played Suki who has multiple personality disorder. It was really dark, really edgy. It was crazy to play someone who had multiple personality disorder. It has a big sci-fi element to it and a kind of psychological mind game that the whole movie is about. It was an amazing experience!

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/entertainment ... 32171.html

- Oliver Puede encontrar el amor con alguien más que con Laurel (TVGuide):
Arrow's endgame may involve Oliver ending up with Laurel, but that doesn't mean he can't find a little loving before then.

In fact, Oliver (Stephen Amell) may find what he's looking for in Helena Bertinelli (Jessica De Gouw), the daughter of a mob boss (Jeffrey Nordling) who seeks to avenge her family's murder. But sparring with The Huntress is on the lower end of Oliver's list of priorities, which includes dealing withVertigo (Fringe's Seth Gabel), who was rumored to be Season 1's big bad.

However, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg insists that someone else is actually the big villain of Season 1. Could that have anything to with the fact that the identity of John Barrowman's character will be revealed in Wednesday's episode (8/7c, CW)? Check out what Kreisberg has to say below:

How will Oliver continue to struggle with toeing the line between getting justice and getting revenge?
Andrew Kreisberg: That's the age-old struggle on this show: How does he stay Oliver Queen but then also carry on this mission of justice that he has? It's one of the exciting things about bringing on The Huntress for these next two episodes and watching him get dealt curveballs to his mission which complicate his identity. When he was on the island... imagining coming back to Starling City and carrying out this master plan, the one thing he never counted on were all the people in his life and all the relationships that he has. Jumping off rooftops and fighting villains is easy. It's dealing with Laurel (Katie Cassidy), dealing with his mother (Susanna Thompson), dealing with Thea (Willa Holland), dealing with a new girl coming into his life. That's the stuff that's all complicated and hard and difficult.

Will we see a softer side to Oliver through the introduction of The Huntress? Does he let himself open up to her a bit?
Kreisberg: They meet through extraordinary circumstances. He's not looking to meet anyone, but he suddenly finds himself on a date with this girl, and in talking to her and getting to know her, he realizes that, in some ways, she's the only person in the world who truly understands him. Helena has a very tragic backstory as well. Helena has a whole different perspective because she's also gone through a trial by fire. She's the first person who actually asks him if he misses the island. The thought of being alone and being away from her family — her father murdered her fiancée — that actually has appeal to her. It's her unexpected response to his life experiences that Oliver finds himself intrigued [by]. He didn't even realize how lonely he was until somebody pointed it out to him. That's why he's able to let her in.

How will Laurel feel about Olivier getting close to The Huntress?
Kreisberg: In Episode 8, Oliver and Helena and Tommy (Colin Donnell) and Laurel go on a double date and it was so exciting watching the footage from that because when Helena and Laurel shake hands and meet, the fan boy in me went, "Those are the Birds of Prey!" So that's kind of exciting. There's a couple of little nods to it, but this is just the beginning. The door's open for The Huntress character to return and maybe we can play with that some more.

Speaking of Black Canary, you've had some nods, but will we actually see her slip into those fishnets by the end of Season 1?
Kreisberg: Yeah. We always say it's not going to be as soon as you want, but it's probably going to be a lot sooner than you think. That's been our mantra. You will definitely continue to see the nods to Dinah "Laurel" Lance's future persona, but I think it's going to play out in a surprising way for the audience. We're really excited about it.

Will she continue to help Arrow/Oliver, whether inadvertently or purposely?
Kreisberg: Both actually. As we get deeper into the season, the Arrow and Laurel will begin to develop something akin to a shaky partnership in some episodes and that will have emotional ramifications for all the people in their lives. For us, there's a certain reality in not having the Arrow and Laurel teaming up and fighting crime together every week. So, when we do an episode where they are "in cahoots," we want it to be special.

It does seem like she had suspected they were one and the same person. Will that still be explored?
Kreisberg: Episode 5 kind of put the kibosh in her suspecting that, but Oliver Queen has other secrets that he's been hiding for five years that will come to the surface, which will cause them plenty of problems in the latter half of the season.

How does introducing Vertigo change the direction of the season considering he is apparently the new big bad villain?
Kreisberg: Well, Vertigo is actually not the big bad of the season. Somehow that got mentioned in the press, but it's not [true]. There is a big bad of the season. For us, what's so funny about Count Vertigo is he's really the first "super villain" that the Arrow has created. We're seeing his origin story and that's exciting to us because, again, that's one of the things that Oliver didn't consider: taking on the persona of the Arrow is going to have repercussions in the city and not all of them are going to be good.

If Vertigo is not the big bad, then who is? Can you say?
Kreisberg: Not yet.

Could this have to do with whoever John Barrowman's character may be?
Kreisberg: It very well might. You're going to learn his identity in Wednesday's episode. Once you discover who he is... it'll be very clear what the trajectory of the season is going to be.

Will we learn more about Oliver's list at the same time?
Kreisberg: Yeah. For us, the best shows answer as many questions as they raise. So, you're going to start finding out a lot more about the list, how the list works, and Moira -- what her role in this conspiracy is. We don't want people to feel like they're being left behind or that they're being toyed with or that we don't have a plan. It's all been very carefully mapped out and the information is given at a pace that makes the audience feel like they got a good meal but are still hungry for more.

You guys have said no superpowers, but can there be advanced tech, possibly allowing for canary cry or even Hawkman wings?
Kreisberg: I guess there's always that possibility. If you look up the Dark Knight movie, there's some pretty impressive tech in there. As much as possible, we just want to keep the show grounded in a reality that the Chris Nolan films managed to achieve. Especially on TV, so much of it is the characters and their relationships, and it seems like we've found a really good mix of interpersonal relationships. We don't want to damage that by having outlandish, supernatural events happening that will influence their otherwise normal reactions to situations. So we're always open to those possibilities, but for right now, a flash grenade arrow is as high-tech as we're getting.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Spoil ... 56929.aspx

- El Vertigo de Seth Gabel golpea cerca del corazón de Oliver cuando Thea de una calada (zap2it):
There are a million reasons to love The CW's new hit drama "Arrow" -- fifteen of which can be found here. And nothing keeps us coming back for more quite like the potential we see in the lead character's little sister, Thea (Willa Holland). She's a troubled teenager with a good heart and a bad attitude, with some hints at a bright future as a speedy sidekick. Her complicated relationship with our hero, Oliver (Stephen Amell) is in equal parts heartbreaking and hilarious, and she's quickly become a fan favorite character.

When Zap2it spoke with "Arrow" executive producer Andrew Kreisberg, we were thrilled to learn that Thea's role in the show is only going to grow. "She's going to have a lot more storylines coming up," Kreisberg promises. "We're going to see Thea get a surprising new job, which is also going to lead to an unexpected new romance for her."

Thea will also be the catalyst for a major turning point in the series: The arrival of our Season 1 "big bad," The Count... known to comic book fans as Vertigo. Badly missed "Fringe" star Seth Gabel has snagged the pivotal role of The Count, a local drug dealer whose latest stash is called Vertigo. Given Thea's try-anything-twice, devil-may-care attitude, we had an inkling that she might find herself mixed up with this particular unsavory character.

"She's going to use the Vertigo drug, in an upcoming episode, which is ultimately what's going to lead Oliver to his first confrontation with The Count," Kreisberg confirms. "Oliver has had a very specific desire and clean up the city. In this instance, Oliver's going to have a very personal reason for wanting to take him down."

But Oliver will quickly find that the Count is a whole new breed of bad. "Oliver tends to view his actions as positive. That confrontation with someone who is a relatively minor local drug dealer is going to elevate into something a lot more dangerous in the future. It's the first time that Oliver will have to look at the negative impact that his being the Arrow has had on the city."

For the record, Kreisberg says Gabel is more than living up to the extremely high standard set by the show. "Oh, we could not love Seth Gabel more," he gushes. "We love him from 'Fringe,' 'Dirty Sexy Money,' everything -- he's just so great and so dynamic. When we get the dailies back from his scenes, we honestly just feel so blessed. Our hero is only as good as his villain, and we feel like we keep finding new and better villains. A lot of the ones that have been successful, we're going to bring back, and we're just really excited about the way this season is going to unfold."

Part of that will be Thea's development as she and Oliver reacquaint themselves. Part of what makes Thea so compelling is the fact that she's broken the teenage-bad-girl stereotype and given us reason to become genuinely invested in her well-being.

"There were some people who thought she could be bratty or thought that she just was a pain-in-the-ass teen, but for us, she's a really sad figure," Kriesberg says. "You have to remember what it must have been like for her. She loved her father and absolutely adored her brother, and they were both wiped out in the same moment. She was left in a very large, empty house, with a very cold mother who was carrying around her own demons."

Her increasingly bad behavior reveals more than just a rebellious streak. "A lot of what she does, she does to just feel something," he continues. "She does things just to get a rise out of people, just so that anyone will pay attention to her. In the same way that you're seeing Oliver come back to life in this series, you'll be seeing Thea grow up, and hopefully become more whole again. At least that's the way we see her, and we hope that we can get the audience to really feel that for her, so you'll be less wanting to smack her, more wanting to give her a hug."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... a-hit.html

- La versión de Arrow Takes sobre The Huntress, Una bomba bien-vestida y... the Grinch? (TVLine.com):
Arrow swings back into action tonight at 8/7c with the first of its three pre-holiday hiatus episodes. On tap for The CW’s freshman hit is the introduction of a lady friend every bit Oliver’s match, the revelation of who exactly the well-dressed John Barrowman is playing and a huge lump of coal that the Queen clan’s prodigal son aims to turn into holiday cheer. Exec producer Andrew Kreisberg shared with us a preview.

TVLINE | Coming out of the Royal Flush Gang episode, do you consider Oliver’s ideology to have shifted?
Slightly, I would say. We always talk about the idea of the overall arc of the series is Oliver going from being the Arrow to being the Green Arrow. That when he comes back from the island, he’s got a very specific mission to cross the names off of this list, but with the addition of Diggle [as a partner], Laurel’s influence and all the experiences in his life, he’s going to start to become the “superhero” that the city needs, he’s going to learn that there is more than one way to save the city. So moving forward, you’re going to see snippets of that, of Oliver helping people in a more direct way than he had probably envisioned himself. Right now, he doesn’t think of himself as a superhero; hopefully, by the end of the series, he’ll begin to believe it.

TVLINE | But his becoming “the superhero that his city needs,” is that something that this show will ever be about or is that the endgame, like Smallville turning the Blur into Superman?
No. I think that’s what this show is about every week. The Arrow grows from being an urban legend to something that people count on and believe in and call out for. That’s going to be playing out over the course of the entire series.

TVLINE | Helena Bertinelli aka The Huntress (played by Jessica De Gouw) arrives this week, and there’s been talk about how this is someone with whom Oliver can, at long last, “be himself.” But since they at first keep their alter egos secret and engage as regular people, why is that?
When Oliver talks to most people, they say, “Oh, dear, poor you. You were trapped on that island for five years.” They feel sorry for him. The people who knew him previously feel like what’s come back is a damaged, somewhat disappointing version of himself.

TVLINE | Right, there are juxtapositions they can make.
But Helena doesn’t have any of those preconceptions. And because she herself has gone through, as she describes, “a crucible” — because her father murdered her fiancée — she’s the only person who’s ever said to him, “Do you miss the island?” For her, the thought of being alone on a deserted island actually holds some appeal. It’s her unique perspective on Oliver’s life experiences that make him look at her as a potential interest, because he doesn’t have to pretend to be the “Oliver Queen with the smile on his face,” saying everything is fine. He can actually let her know that it’s not fine and that there are times when he misses the island because there was a clarity, a purpose there.

TVLINE | Will the two of them get a “You show me your tricks, I’ll show you mine” sort of set piece like Arrow and China White did?
There are going to be both team-ups and face-offs.

TVLINE | We’re on the cusp of a new reveal about John Barrowman’s “Well-Dressed Man.” What more can you say about that?
In this week’s episode, “Muse of Fire,” we’re going to reveal John Barrowman’s identity, and we’re really excited because we feel like when people know that, the rest of the season is going to come into sharper focus.

TVLINE | Will just his identity be revealed, or also his agenda? Or do the two come part and parcel?
His agenda – or part of it — will be revealed in a few episodes. We love shows like this, as viewers, but we also know how we ourselves can get quickly frustrated with shows that ask a lot of questions but don’t provide a lot of answers. So, we’ve endeavored to pause at questions, then give answers and then ask new ones. Our goal really is to make the audience feel like they’ve gotten a complete meal but they’re still hungry for more.

TVLINE | Looking ahead to the Christmas episode (“Year’s End,” airing Dec. 12), it would seem that the holiday has a particular — if rather dark – significance for Oliver’s family and friends.
Well, for Oliver, as he says, there was no Christmas on the island. There were no birthdays. There were no Wednesdays. There was no…

TVLINE | But also, his family hasn’t been celebrating Christmas since he left…?
Yes. Ever since he and his father disappeared, Moira and Thea got into the bad habit of not celebrating. When Oliver finds out that Christmas has become a non-holiday in his house, sets out to set things right for his family.

TVLINE | But we’ll stop short of him coming into the house with a bag full of toys slung over his shoulder, right? Yes. He will not be dressed up like Santa!

TVLINE | And Laurel has her own yuletide demons to deal with?
We’ll discover that her sister Sara’s birthday was on Christmas, so it holds a particularly dark place for her and her father. But as Laurel begins this burgeoning relationship with Tommy and as she becomes clearer in her feelings for Oliver, she’s going to realize that she has spent a lot of time “stuck” and that she needs to start moving on from some of her grief. So, the Christmas episode is going to turn out to be cathartic for all of our characters, in a really positive way. Even though it’s starting in a very dark place, it’s going to be a surprisingly hopeful, holiday episode.

TVLINE | But amidst that catharsis, are you going to have a moment to give us a cliffhanger going into the winter break?
There’ll be a bit of a cliffhanger, but also, in a lot of ways, what we really like about Episode 9 is it feels like a sequel to the previous eight episodes. Questions that have been raised in the previous eight episodes that haven’t been answered, they are going to be answered in 9. We’re going to get a fuller perspective of what Oliver is going to be up against in the back half of the season [starting Jan. 16].

http://tvline.com/2012/11/28/arrow-seas ... essed-man/

- Stephen Amell Adelanta The Huntress, el código moral de Oliver y quién más puede descubrir su secreto (huffingtonpost.com):
I love that the writers let Diggle in on Oliver's secret so soon -- it really seems to have opened up the world and given you a great new dynamic to play with. How are things progressing with their partnership in terms of what you've been filming recently?
Coming up in "Muse of Fire," Diggle is really questioning what I’m doing. The thing is, a lot of the times we think that he’s right and that Oliver is wrong and it’s because, on a larger scale, while he’s interested in Diggle being his partner, he hasn’t opened up to him completely about what his plan is, right? He hasn’t actually let him see the book. Diggle knows there’s a book, he knows there’s a list, but it’s not like Oliver is doing storytime with him and showing it to him. So a lot of times the viewer is lead to believe that Diggle is right -- being that he’s taken the most practical approach to something -- and Oliver is wrong because he’s being a little bit reticent to share. But there’s almost always a reason for what he is doing. Coming up, Oliver doesn’t take his advice and it doesn’t work out very well. If Oliver is wrong, he’ll say that he’s wrong.

And Diggle isn't like, "I told you so"?
He is, but not in a vindictive way. And as we saw in [the last episode], there’s a playful banter that’s going on between them and that continues.

In Episode 4, Oliver and Laurel had that moment where he was in costume and he said her name and there was almost a moment of recognition, but then that kind of got swept away. Do you think, at this point, that she suspects and she’s just ignoring those suspicions?
I think that she suspects there are things that he’s not telling her, but I don’t think that it extends to him being the vigilante right now. We’ve dealt with that. We’ve captured that for the time being, but there are obviously things about Oliver that are going to continue to intrigue her until she finds out what they are. We know what they are to a large extent so that will eventually have to come to a resolution, but for now, I think that no gasoline has been thrown on the fire for a while.

Meanwhile, tech guru Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) seems to suspect him, and Tommy (Colin Donnell) saw a little something in the Pilot episode ...
Yeah, Tommy in the Pilot and then it calmed down from there. But there are only so many times that Oliver can request Felicity to do the same thing before ... I think straight away in Episode 3, you know, she said "This is your laptop?" "Yes." "It has bullet holes in it." "It’s from my coffee shop." That’s clearly BS. She knows this. But she’s intrigued and, you know, evil has taken over and she wants to get to the bottom of these mysteries and be involved. So, I think if Tommy is pushing one way away from suspicion, Felicity is probably pushing more towards suspicion.

Going back to Laurel, I loved the rooftop encounters that she and Arrow had a few episodes ago. They were very iconic, almost Superman/Lois Lane-esque. You mentioned that she's intrigued, but how is their relationship developing? Oliver and Laurel have tentatively been getting closer and she seems to be trusting him a bit more since Episode 4 ...
Yeah. The Arrow and Laurel relationship has stalled. She thinks he’s a killer. He doesn’t totally want to realize that about himself, but that relationship is on the back burner for the time being. As far as Oliver and Laurel go, we’re seeing, most importantly, a development between Laurel and Tommy. I think that if there’s anything that Oliver wants right now -- above and beyond whatever his feelings are for Laurel -- it would be for her to be happy. I mean, I know people will think that it’s weird -- and I don’t mean viewers, I mean the people surrounding them in their lives will think that it’s weird -- but I think for Oliver ... I think that’s what he wants. In his ideal vision, was that with Tommy? Probably not, but in his ideal vision it wasn’t with anybody, so he just wants her to be happy.

Right, he’s not really in a position now to even be dating someone when he’s keeping so many secrets ...
Oliver dating somebody right now would be a whole bunch of trouble, which is why "Muse of Fire" is such a cool episode.

That's a perfect segue, because Huntress is coming and she was always much more violent and didn’t have the same moral codes as some of the other heroes in the DCU, at least in the comics.
A lot of people have questioned whether or not Oliver has a moral code. Oliver does have a moral code. He’s not running around and hitting civilians and endangering innocent people. There’s just a bottom line for him, but he’s not reckless. Huntress is reckless and therein lies the difference. She is just bent on revenge while he is bent on justice. Even though there is a difference, they are two people that are at the far end of the spectrum and they do have a lot of similarities.

Does her appearance make Oliver question or reexamine the way he does things? Obviously he has killed people, even if he doesn’t think of himself as a killer, per se. If he sees her being more violent, is that going to make him take a look at himself?
It doesn’t make him take a look at himself as Arrow. If anything, it solidifies what he thinks as Arrow because she steps beyond it. It does change how he acts and behaves as Oliver Queen, and maybe some of the things that he hasn’t been willing to do since he’s been back from the island. He’s opened up to Diggle, but aside from the occasional pat on the shoulder, I don’t think there’s a lot of affection involved in that relationship. There’s certainly companionship, but he tried to open up to Laurel and that did not work. On the female side, there hasn’t been anything, so this is an interesting opportunity for him and you get to see a couple of sides of him that you certainly haven’t seen yet.

On the subject of companionship -- at least in terms of his family -- I found the last scene with Oliver and Moira [Susanna Thompson] in the last episode so heartbreaking, to see that tenderness in him, where he obviously wants to open up and be honest with his mom but is also pulling back and being cautious about saying too much.
Right. I really enjoyed the last episode, when Susanna has a scene with the Well-Dressed Man and it became clear that ... while she has been up to some mysterious things, to think that she was specifically targeting her family or trying to murder her son, or that she’s just incredibly evil, that was obviously misguided. She’s tied up with bad things, but she’s not out to get anybody. So as a result, clearly she does want to have a relationship with Oliver. She'd like things to be the way that they were; he'd like things to be the way that they were but this is how it’s going for him, you know? When he makes an effort ... It just would have been better if he hadn’t been at the brunch in the first place but she asks, she means it, he understands, he says yes and then he has to disappoint her, as opposed to just disappointing her at the beginning. Oliver’s relationship with his family is coming more to the forefront as we move, I think from Episode 7 all the way through Episode 13, which we haven’t even started yet. We’re entering into an arc with his family and with the relationships and with the way that he’s sensibly trying to ... he’s deceiving them. A resolution is going to have to come out of that.

What can you reveal about Episode 8?
Episode 7 and Episode 8 are kind of like a two-parter. Episode 8 begins after the final moments of Episode 7 and everything that you see, all the plans that the Huntress has in 7, ties directly into 8. Episode 7 maybe gives the idea that this is going to be a moment of calm for Oliver, and there is no such thing. There is no such thing ... There’s stuff coming in Episode 7. Big stuff. Yeah. I look forward to Episode 7. But I think of them as one episode.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/2 ... _hp_ref=tw

- Muses Of Fire: Geoff Johns y Andrew Kreisberg Hablan sobre The Huntress en Arrow (greenarrowtv):
Tonight at 8PM (ET) on The CW, Arrow will feature the first appearance of Jessica De Gouw as Helena Bertinelli, a young woman who, like Oliver Queen, has a vigilante alter ego. Also like Oliver Queen, Helena is a character from the pages of DC Comics, and DC’s Geoff Johns is on board as a co-writer for tonight’s show, which is called “Muse Of Fire.”

In October, right before Arrow’s premiere, Executive Producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg were joined by “Oliver Queen” himself, Stephen Amell, as well as Geoff Johns, at the DC Entertainment offices in Burbank, California. You can read some of the other things they had to say here. But for tonight, here is what Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns told us about the coming of Helena Bertinelli to Arrow’s world…

“The Huntress is played by Jessica de Gouw, who we think is going to be a huge breakout star. We’re really excited about her,” Kreisberg told a conference room full of reporter. “I think a lot of the secondary characters came about when Geoff and I were sitting on set and freezing our butts off in Vancouver in the middle of the winter, saying ‘wouldn’t it be cool if we did this?’ and ‘wouldn’t it be cool if we did that?’ Especially for Deadshot and the Huntress, they’re people who haven’t really been seen before. They’re very popular, iconic DC Comics characters who have never really been given their proper due in other mediums other than the comics, so for us as writers and creators, and as fans, what was most exciting for us was to take some of these lesser known characters and put the ‘Arrow spin’ on them,” he explained.

“For the most part, I think characters who are going to make the transition from the comic books to this show are the ones that have a very grounded reality. You won’t be seeing a lot of characters who are aliens, or people who have super powers. People like Deadshot and the Huntress, they have very grounded backstories, and very emotional backstories. At the heart of the show, it’s a drama. You take away all the trappings of uniforms and arrows and super-villains and whatnot, and it’s really about people. So for somebody like Deadshot, he’s a very scary villain, so that sort of malevolence is cool to see Oliver face. For the Huntress, they’ve got a very similar back story, because both of their crusades were born out of pain and loss,” he continued.

Getting a character like the Huntress on Arrow was not done as a gimmick. “As far as other DC Comics characters, or any character that we bring into the show, it’s always about ‘well, how does this affect Oliver, and why are we doing it this week?’ The whole reason for bringing the Huntress on, it isn’t so we can just throw in a new DC Comics character, even though she’s very cool. It’s really about having an emotional effect on Oliver, because when we meet him in that storyline, he’s lonely and he’s feeling a little lost, and then in comes to his life this girl who’s sort of the darker version of him who he thinks he can save. It’s really Oliver’s story, moreso than it is hers, and I think that’s what makes it very cool.”

Geoff Johns agreed. “The Huntress was chosen because of the emotional resonance she has with Oliver Queen. That’s why I like all of the characters that are in the show. They all have connected to him in some way.”

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/muses-of-fi ... rrow/12634

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow Extended Promo 1x08 - Vendetta [HD]:

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 1.07 "Muse of Fire". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes BTS de Katie Cassidy y Colin Donnell Fimando en Downtown at Oceanic Plaza (29-11-12):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

http://yvrshoots.com/2012/11/arrows-kat ... #more-8468

- El actor Manu Bennett será Slade Wilson en Arrow (EW.com):
Imagen

El actor de Spartacus Manu Bennett ha sido escogido para interpretar un papel importante en la serie de la CW "Arrow", el General Slade Wilson.

Para los fans de los cómics, este personaje es uno de los importantes. Wilson finalmente se convierte en uno de los villanos principales de la franquicia — Deathstroke (que ya hemos visto brevemente en flashback, enmascarado e interpretado por otro actor). Tampoco hay comentarios sobre si veremos a Wilson convirtiéndose en Deathstroke, y una fuente interna tan sólo ha declarado, “Tendréis que seguir viendo Arrow.” Pero como se ha visto en los flashbacks, Slade Wilson y Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) formarán una incómoda alianza en la isla de Lian Yu.

Bennett está actualmente comprometido en aparecer en múltiples episodios en la serie.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/30/arrow-manu-bennett/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- La CW une los viernes por la noche los nuevos episodios de "Nikita" y la repetición de "Arrow":

- Arrow : Stunts: Bouncer Fight:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- 'Arrow' busca introducir el personaje de "Shado" (zap2it):
Imagen
"Arrow" sigue queriendo introducir una multitud de villanos y aliados del universo de DC Cómics y pronto nos encontraremos con otro: al parecer los productores están actualmente buscando a la actriz perfecta para que interprete a "Shado".

"Shado" es una vengativa arquera, especialista en artes marciales que apareció por primera vez en los cómics en 1987. Su propósito es matar a los americanos que le causaron la desgracia a su padre y la vergüenza de su familia.

Por supuesto, en la serie se le dará al personaje un nuevo giro y aquí "Shado" será la bella hija de Yao Fei, el experto arquero y mentor que salvó la vida de Oliveren la isla de Lian Yu. Shado hará su primera aparición en el episodio 1x14, titulado "The Odyssey."

Como supimos a través de las escenas del interrogatorio, Yao Fei estuvo en el ejército. La introducción de este nuevo personaje nos dará una mejor comprensión de cómo él llegó a Lian Yu. Y sí, "Shado" tendrá su famoso dragón tatuado.

La pregunta sigue siendo si este nuevo personaje será un enemigo o un aliado para Oliver. En los cómics, estuvieron enfrentados hasta que ella le ayuda a derrotar a un villano que capturó a Laurel. Al final, terminaron trabajando juntos para derrotar a muchos y formidables villanos.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... liver.html

- El actor Ben Browder será Ted Gaynor en Arrow (gateworld.net):
Imagen
El antiguo actor de Stargate SG-1 y Farscape Ben Browder será una de las próximas estrellas invitadas de la nueva serie de la CW "Arrow".

El actor interpretará a Ted Gaynor, un personaje de los cómics de DC, en el episodio 1x11 que llevará por título “Trust But Verify,” y que se emitirá a principios del 2013.i

En la serie Gaynor fue el comandante de Diggle (el guardaespaldas y confidente de Oliver Queen) en una misión en Afghanistan. Ahora es guardaespaldas para el Grupo de Protección Blackhawk Squad en Starling City.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/11/b ... -on-arrow/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Expandiendo el mundo de Arrow: Entrevista con el productor Andrew Kreisberg (IGN.com):
Expandiendo el mundo de Arrow: Entrevista con el productor Andrew Kreisberg
¿Qué tiene reservado the Huntress para el defensor de Starling City?
Por Jesse Schedeen 28 Noviembre 2012

Though Arrow is ostensibly an adaptation of the Green Arrow character and his cast of friends and allies, the series has wasted no time in drawing in various other heroes and villains from the DC Universe. Already in Season 1 we've seen Deathstroke, the Royal Flush Gang, and Deadshot make guest appearances alongside more traditional Green Arrow characters like Dinah Laurel Lance and Tommy Merlyn.

Those guest appearances won't be slowing down as the season contineus to pick up steam. This week's episode, "Muse of Fire," marks the debut of Jessica De Gouw as Helena Bertinelli/The Huntress. This two-episode arc sees Oliver Queen team up with this costumed vigilante to take down her mob boss father. We had a chance to chat with Arrow showrunner Andrew Kreisberg about Huntress' role in the series, as well as other upcoming appearances by villains like Count Vertigo and Deathstroke.

IGN TV: Huntress is the latest in an already long line of DC characters you've brought into the show. Can you talk about how she fits into this world and how she compares to the different versions fans know from the comics?

Andrew Kreisberg: The version that we've gone with is the Helena Bertinelli persona. She's the daughter of a mob boss, and over the course of these episodes we're going to find out that her father had her fiance murdered. The pitch for us was "What would Meadow Soprano do if Tony killed her fiance?" and watching Meadow take down the Soprano family from within. That's going to put her in direct conflict with the Arrow, who is also targeting the mob.

That's the plot. For us, what's really great emotionally is that this is the first character Oliver has encountered who is kind of like him. She too is on a mission of vengeance. She too has gone through a dark trial and has come out the other side. This is how she's coping. It's interesting for Oliver to be faced with a “villain” who is actually doing a lot of the same things he is, which makes him question the validity of his mission.

It also makes him recognize that he's lonely. He's had to push Laurel away to protect his secret, and while he does have Dig to speak to, it's not exactly having someone to share his life with. Against his better judgment, he starts to pursue a relationship with this woman, and that leads to disastrous consequences.

IGN: Despite the fact that her father did this horrible thing to her, is there any remaining sense of loyalty in Helena? Will there be any sort of conflict in that regard as they both pursue this same target?

Kreisberg: I think the conflict is more about the ideology of the Huntress versus the ideology of the Arrow. For him, part of the reason he uses a bow and arrow is because it's clean. It's precise. It's surgical. It requires skill. He compares her to a gun because she's a bit manic and unreliable and not always conscious of where, when she sends a bullet into the world, it's going to land. Oliver's going to try to show her a better way to get her revenge. But over the course of the episodes, he's going to learn that some wild horses cant be tamed.

IGN: One of the more controversial aspects of the show is that Ollie sometimes relies on lethal force when he's carrying out his missions. Meeting the Huntress, does that cause him to question his methods at all?

Kreisberg: Yeah. The line between Huntress and Batman in the comics is very clean. She's willing to kill and he isn't. For Oliver, it's a little bit more messy because he is willing to kill. For him, as he says in the episode, it's not his opening move. He'll do it if it's completely necessary as a last resort. For her, she's a little bit more wild and a little bit less concerned with collateral damage. That's really where the source of their conflict comes from.

IGN: Two of the other big announcements in the last couple weeks have been that you're bringing in Ted Gaynor and a character based on Count Vertigo. What can you reveal about those characters right now?

Kreisberg: Ted Gaynor is one of the Blackhawks in the DC Universe. He's going to be played by Ben Browder from Farscape, which I'm extremely excited about. He was Dig's commanding officer in Afghanistan, which is going to lead to a great conflict between Dig and Oliver when Dig discovers that Gaynor's name is on Oliver's list. And it's going to make Dig question the validity of Oliver's list. It puts all the characters in a great conflict.

And Count Vertigo is played by Seth Gable, who is just absolutely phenomenal. It's the first time in the series that the Arrow is going to be responsible for the creation of a “supervillain.” Oliver set out to have a positive influence on the city, and this is the first time his actions as the Arrow are going to perhaps cause greater problems than the ones he was trying to solve. An enigmatic street dealer, because of his confrontation with the Arrow, is elevated and causes more destruction for the city.

IGN: So he's kind of like the Joker to Ollie's Batman in a sense?

Kreisberg: A little bit. Hopefully in the sense that he's very different from the Arrow. He's got a little style and panache where the Arrow is very stoic. It was really our attempt to create a fully fleshed, exciting new villain for the Arrow to take down.

IGN: Probably the most high profile guest character you've introduced so far has been Deathstroke. Will we be seeing him again this season?

Kreisberg: Yes, you'll be seeing Deathstroke throughout the season. He comes up again in episode 9. I think the audience, especially the people familiar with the DC Comics character and his origin, are going to be surprised by the story. I think we've got a really fun and unique twist on the character. We're actually filming those episodes right now. We're really excited for the audience to experience them.

IGN Comics: I assume he won't always be a silent character on the show?

Kreisberg: You assume correctly. [laughs] I'm also really excited because some of the upcoming episodes deal with John Barrowman's character [currently referred to as “The Well-Dressed Man”]. That really puts the back half of the season in sharper relief for the audience.

IGN Comics: Before we end off, I wanted to ask about another show you've been working on. Back during SDCC you revealed that you were preparing to submit your first script for the Booster Gold series you're developing for SyFy. Is there any update on that show right now?

Kreisberg: [laughs] I got a little waylaid by Arrow. Booster Gold is going in in the next couple weeks before Christmas. We'll see what happens from there. It's such a different project even though they're both DC Comics properties. Booster is much more candy and popcorn, being about time travel and changing the future and being a superhero who can fly. But they're both super-fun projects. As a lifelong DC Comics fan, I am beyond blessed to be working on these projects with all these amazing characters.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/28/ ... d-of-arrow

- Arrow: Stephen Amell Habla sobre Deathstroke, Vertigo y Más (IGN.com):
Arrow: Stephen Amell Habla sobre Deathstroke, Vertigo y Más
La estrella de Arrow habla sobre lo que está por llegar en la serie de superhéroes
Por Eric Goldman 3 Diciembre, 2012

With Arrow an out of the gate success for The CW, the series is wasting no time with big character introductions and plot twists. This past Friday, I visited the Vancouver set of the series and was among a small group of journalists who spoke to the show’s star, Stephen Amell.

In the midst of shooting episode 13, Amell discussed what’s to come on Arrow, including the debut of Fringe’s Seth Gabel as a version of DC’s Count Vertigo and new characters played by Once Upon a Time’s David Anders and True Blood’s Janina Gavankar. We also talked about last week’s big revelation about the true identity of John Barrowman’s character and a reveal that had only been made hours before our conversation – that Spartacus’ Manu Bennett would be playing Slade Wilson, AKA Deathstroke.

IGN TV: What can you say about today’s reveal about Slade Wilson?

Stephen Amell: Well, it’s nice to know who’s playing Deathstroke, but it’s not necessarily what you think. I am really excited because I read when Slade was revealed, and -- they do a good job of this in the scripts sometimes -- they put in dummy names. I read the name, and I go, “Oh, that’s not the [real] name!” I texted Marc Guggenheim, and I go, “Um, who was that? What’s the real name? It’s Slade Wilson, isn’t it?” He’s like, “Oh yeah!” They’ve done a good job, because they told me about this idea that they had maybe around the time of episode three or something. So for it to come to fruition now, I’m glad that we had plans in the early part of the season, and we’re sticking to those plans. I auditioned with Manu Bennett when I was testing for Spartacus. We shot a scene that he had shot originally with Andy Whitfield from Season 1, and it’s going to be intense, the stuff that we do.

Question: Do you mix it up right away, physically, or is it more of a circling?

Amell: Well, we do mix it up, but he’s meeting me on the island -- and I’m far less capable. So “mixing it up” might be a nice way to put it. More like “beating down.”

Question: What can you tease about this next episode [airing Wednesday], because things still seem to be pretty intense with the Huntress.

Amell: It’s a really cool episode. It looks like a movie. Our director Ken Fink… there are cameras in low levels, there are a lot of circular shots. It’s like nothing we’ve had so far on the show, visually. The thing that I like about our show is that we get right into it. Her secret came out. She and I started smooching, and we pick up the episode right where we left off -- well, not right where we left off, but a short time cut, and we get right into the action. We’ve seen her in the Huntress costume, and we don’t fool around. I’m trying to show her a different way. She is resisting, and she vacillates between being on board with trying things my way and just being too hell bent on revenge. So we flip flop back and forth the entire time.
Arrow (Stephen Amell) and Huntress (Jessica De Gouw) in this week's "Vendetta"

IGN: The reveal about John Barrowman’s character is interesting because we’ve been wondering about Tommy and whether he will evolve into the character from the comics. But it almost gives you another possibility - that his father could be that nemesis for Oliver, be “Merlyn.”

Amell: His father could certainly be Merlyn. One of the things that I really like about this episode is we start off with the pilot, with Tommy… He sort of catches me as I’m running away and is a little bit suspicious. We hadn’t seen that in a long time, and we’ve seen him break in a very good direction, to become a character with a lot of soul and a lot of integrity. We see that more in episode eight. If he were eventually going down a darker path, this is a nice way to take a character to sort of push you in one direction and then maybe take you back in the other. But I’m interested to see it. I’m never around when they’re shooting the dynamics between he and John Barrowman. It makes sense now, though, right? I don’t think anyone guessed it. But then the second that you see them together, you’re like, “Well, of course!” I tweeted a photo of John Barrowman, and it was the first time we were on set together. It was right after the fencing scene, and he and Colin were taking photos together, and I was like, “You guys can not post those photos.” They’re like, “We know, we know.” Because once you see them next to each other, you’re like, “Oh, yeah. Of course!”

Question: Beyond the whole Merlyn thing, there’s the fact that this is the guy who has been having all these meetings with Oliver’s mother.

Amell: He’s certainly the most nefarious character that we’ve met so far. The fact that we don’t know a ton about him, just the fact that he is whatever that symbol means in the book and however that list was constructed… He’s not necessarily behind it, but he’s the closest to the center that we’ve gotten so far. It could be him. I don’t actually know. He’s obviously the biggest threat that Oliver has, which is ironic because they’ve never come together.

Question: Speaking of big threats, we know that Seth Gabel’s coming on [as a version of Count Vertigo].

Amell: I actually have some questions for the producers, because I was reading Andrew Kreisberg’s piece in The Hollywood Reporter, and he said the Count has the opportunity to become a supervillain of my making, which having shot the episode, makes a lot of sense. I would love to have Seth back, because he’s a wonderful actor, the character’s really interesting and he’s a departure from any of the villains that we’ve had so far. But that episode is interesting because I spend a lot of time as Arrow, going after him, and it’s personal for me -- for reasons that I can’t explain. But I’m slightly handicapped while I’m going after him.

Question: Well, he’s a drug dealer, and knowing Thea’s past…

Amell: That would be a logical connection, sure. But I’m under the weather while I’m going after him.

Question: Andrew said that he becomes a villain of Oliver’s creation because otherwise he’s just like some low-level drug pusher.

Amell: Yeah, if that ends up happening -- and it’s a very interesting opportunity -- that would be really cool. Seth’s a really good guy. In that episode, I go after him, and I don’t have my normal arsenal of weapons for reasons that I can’t explain. So we shot a couple action sequences and fight sequences that were just blunt force trauma.

Question: With Seth?

Amell: Not with Seth necessarily, but on my way to him.

Question: That’s one thing about the casting with Seth in this role. He’s kind of unassuming.

Amell: Villains don’t need to be large in stature. They just need to be large in evil, I guess. And as the Count, he certainly is.

IGN: It’s interesting because Diggle found out Oliver's secret very early. Obviously, Arrow has this great confidant now, but he is a new person in Oliver’s life. There are all these people, his family members, who still don’t know. How much do you think they may start finding out? Especially with Laurel and the fact that she is out there trying to do good in her own way. How much might she start to unravel about this guy as she interacts with him more?

Amell: There’s going to come a time where, she’s had that interaction with him in episode four, and I think we circle back to that at a certain point. She thinks that he’s a killer and has left him alone. But eventually, I think they will circle back together. The idea behind episode five was to really, for the time being, throw people off the scent of me as Arrow. Even if there are circumstantial things going on, there’s not an opportunity for people to connect the dots because it’s been fundamentally disproven - at least it appears to be. I haven’t seen any inkling that anybody in my family or anybody that is relatively close to me is catching the scent that I’m Arrow, but man, things can change at a moment’s notice in this series.

Question: I thought there was a moment an episode or two ago where Thea noticed some odd behavior.

Amell: Well, Thea’s noticed some odd behavior, and we see at the end of episode seven where Walter’s come back and she says to me, “Look, we all have secrets. Clearly, you have yours.” I don’t think she thinks I’m the hooded vigilante, but she clearly knows that I’m lying to her.

IGN: Can you talk a bit about the episode you’re shooting right now and sort of what the main thrust of it is?

Amell: We are on episode 13. Seven, we aren’t on the island. Nine is the Christmas episode, and nine is also when we took a bit of a break from the island because we sort of reached the end of the chapter. I have that moment in the flashback with my dad, and now I have some semblance of an objective. When we come back in nine, we start ramping up on the island, and that’s still where we are right now. A lot of stuff is happening on the island. It’s not life in the cave anymore. We’re out of the cave and moving around. Episode 13 is all about me investigating something that’s very personal to me, and we have Cyrus Vanch played by David Anders, who is a different kind of villain. If the Count was very diabolical and scheme-y, this guy is sort of reckless and incredibly confident. I don’t go after him, he comes after me, which is a change for us. But it’s also the first time we’ve had a director come back. Our first 12 directors were all slotted. Glen Winter, who’s our DP, was supposed to direct this episode, but it didn’t work in his schedule, so he’s actually going to do 16. So we had Guy Bee come back. It’s fun now having people come back. It’s kind of like a landmark in the series.

Question: So Cyrus is going after Arrow or Oliver?

Amell: Arrow. He tries to flush me out by figuring out who is close to me and if I have any weak spots, and he tries to exploit them. What we have in Starling City -- and this is, again, one of those things where it’s my creation – is we have a power vacuum right now. All the heads of organized crime and all the people that were kind of running the show before I came to town, they’ve all been taken care of. So he comes out of Iron Heights Prison, and he wants to assume control. He goes after the person everybody is scared of, and that would be me.

Question: With a title like “Betrayal,” what can you say about that aspect of episode 13?

Amell: Nothing. [Laughs] I will say this. The ending of episode 13 is season finale worthy. It comes out of nowhere, it’s something people have been waiting for, and it is one of those moments that ends with people screaming at the television and clamoring for next week. On a personal level, I think that episode 14, which will pick up immediately after it, is a radical departure for the series, based on how most of the episodes have been structured. It will probably be the toughest episode for me to shoot. John Behring, who directed our sixth episode with the Royal Flush Gang is coming back for that one and that is going to be incredible. But episode 13 is the most “[Gasps]!” ending of the entire show so far.

IGN: It’s a lot of fun for us comic book fans to see how quickly they have introduced all these characters from the comics. They haven’t really held back in that regard.

Amell: No, they haven’t. Why hold back? I think that we’ve done a really good job of introducing people, but I also don’t think that we’re doing too much too soon. The story is moving fast, but if anything, we’re throwing a lot of balls in the air. The Huntress exists in this world, and there’s still a surviving member of the Royal Flush Gang, and we didn’t see Deadshot’s body, and we have Barrowman’s character and my mother, and China White. I just like how they brought China White back for episode seven, and she’s also in episode eight. We have Deathstroke, we have Edward Fyers on the island -- he’s coming back. He was around in episode five when we saw Yao Fei rescue me, and he’s back, Sebastian Dunn, who is a wonderful actor. I like working with him. We’re introducing all of these people, but we’re just populating the universe. I don’t think that we’re going too fast, I just think that we’re putting in options for the show. We know that our viewers are smart. We’re not spoon-feeding people. When China White came back, she was just back. I know that Andrew talked about the idea of supervillains, or villain team-ups as the case may be. That’d be exciting, because we haven’t cross-pollinated yet.

Question: What can you say about Janina Gavankar’s character - what kind of a past she had with Oliver and how she gets reintroduced?

Amell: She and Oliver dated. Actually, I don’t know if they actually dated. They have a past. I think there might have been a bit of romance in there, but there are no hard feelings. He goes to the police station looking for something and runs into her, and she is now vice. I know that Laurel and I had a brief moment, and I am having my time with Helena right now. But the idea is it’s nice to have… Oliver, it’s one of the things we establish in seven and continue to establish in [episode] eight, and I think we did do a good job of hammering home in the last scene of seven; he’s clearly lonely. As driven as he is and as interested in cleaning up the city as he is, he’s not really taking any time for himself, and that’s starting to weigh on him a little bit. I’m under the impression that I’ll be spending more time with Janina’s character in future episodes, and the reason that I end up doing so will surprise everybody. The persuasion comes from an unlikely source.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/04/ ... ore?page=1

- Katie Cassidy sobre Laurel empezando a "Abrirse a nuevas ideas" (IGN.com):
Katie Cassidy sobre Laurel empezando a "Abrirse a nuevas ideas"
La estrella de Arrow sobre la evolución en los pensamientos de su personaje sobre el vigilante encapuchado.
Por Eric Goldman 4 Diciembre, 2012

It was nearly 8pm on a Friday, but Katie Cassidy’s workday was just beginning on my recent visit to the Vancouver set of Arrow, as a long night of shooting was planned. With a tight schedule for the actress that night due to production demands, she offered for myself and other visiting press to interview under unusual and amusing circumstances – as she was having her hair done to be ready for camera as Dinah Laurel Lance.

Cassidy spoke about Laurel's evolving perspective on Arrow himself, some big episodes to come and the looming question of when and how she might transform into Black Canary.

Question: What can you tease about you’re filming today?

Katie Cassidy: In what we’re filming today [for episode 13], you definitely get to see some more of the relationship between Laurel and the Arrow. You’ll see a lot of betrayal going on.

Question: Do they bump into each other for this latest encounter, or does one seek out the other?

Cassidy: You’ll have to find out. I don’t want to give anything away, but it’s very interesting.

IGN TV: Stephen [Amell] said that episode 13 has a big ending. He was very surprised by it. Did you have the same reaction to it?

Cassidy: Yeah, this episode is a big episode for Laurel. There’s a lot of action and a lot of things happening. There’s a huge, huge ending that I’m really excited about that I think we shoot next week. We’re going to be on night shoots for a bit, so it’s kind of fun to have those scenes that are kind of eerie and dark. I don’t know, I kind of love night shifts too. There’s something that’s not right about it that I love. [Laughs] But there’s a huge ending, and this episode is so cool. I think it might be one of my favorites.

Question: Even though Oliver threw you off the scent a couple weeks ago, do you think that it’s still in the back of Laurel’s mind still that he could be the guy?

Cassidy: I don’t think that Laurel is thinking that at the moment. I think she has two different relationships, a different relationship with Arrow than she has with Oliver. I think right now she’s sort of learning herself that maybe going through the law isn’t necessarily always morally where her head is. She’s often caught between her head and her heart. She’s open to new ideas at the moment.

Question: Does that mean Tommy is going to have a better chance of worming his way in?

Cassidy: I think that there’s maybe some opportunity with Laurel. Her guard’s down, and if someone is persistent, I think that there could be an opportunity for Tommy at some point. I think she’s certainly becoming more open to new ideas.

IGN: The Arrow is in Starling City, but now characters like Huntress and others are running around in costumes. What does your character make of all this, especially because she’s already representing a very different side of the law?

Cassidy: I’m not sure how much Laurel is aware of all the other characters at this moment. Again, her relationship with the Arrow, you see it develop to where she’s open to it. She’s accepting of him. She sees that he’s doing good -- maybe not through the law, but she still sees it as “Okay, he’s taking care of the bad guys.” So the fact that she’s open to it and accepting of it says a lot about her, especially as a character for her to grow off of this law that she stands for. You’ll also get to see a chance for her and her father. Her father’s the one who’s always instilled in her “Follow the law, go by the book,” very blue-collar, he’s a cop. I think you’ll get a chance to see that relationship be challenged from what goes on with the Arrow, what goes on with Oliver. That relationship certainly gets heated and difficult. They start to sort of stand off, there’s a little bit of a standoff between Laurel and her father. She’s finding her way, without being influenced by anyone. She’s standing for what she believes; not her father, not the Arrow, just her.

Question: What can you say about the Christmas episode?

Cassidy: There’s obviously a lot of emotion that goes on. It’s a hard time. Again, I don’t want to give anything away, but it’s certainly an emotional episode for Laurel and her father. Paul [Blackthorne] and I work really well together because we like to create backstory and talk it out. It’s awesome. There’s a lot going on, but it’s a cool episode.

IGN: Would you like to see her find out Oliver’s secret sooner than later?

Cassidy: I really like the relationship that she sees them as two different people right now. I really enjoy the relationship with the Arrow. It’s really fun as an actor. It’s really challenging as an actor, too, because I forget how much I play off the other person. Arrow, I can’t see his face. Any time I’m working with him, I get nothing. As an actor, I realized how difficult that was when we first shot episode four on the rooftop. I was like, “Aaaahhh! This is driving me crazy!” But it’s cool because it’s a different technique, and it’s fun to learn.

Question: How would you quantify her interest in Arrow? Is she obsessed, curious?

Cassidy: I think there’s this magnetic, almost sexual tension between the two of them. I feel like she’s curious. I think she just wants to know. I think she likes to figure people out; she reads people. She’s a lawyer, she has to. There’s just this magnetic energy when he’s around. It moves her. She can’t breathe, and it’s almost like she’s a deer in the headlights sometimes. I say this to Stephen sometimes. I just can’t help it. I started to see it, and I go, “Do I look like a deer in the headlights when I look at you? This is just what happens.” He goes, “Yeah, sometimes you have that wide-eyed stare.” I’m like, “Oh, good! That’s what I thought was going on.” But that’s just what happens. It’s what moves me into it.

Question: Does what he does give her a charge?

Cassidy: He completely charges her, and she so wants to know how he does it, who he is. I think she wants to be a part of it.

IGN: Obviously, people are always wondering, “When is she going to be Black Canary?” Do you think a step in the metamorphosis is her saying, “Well, he’s doing something. He’s helping fight crime in a way that I never thought of.” Is that something she might look to as inspiration?

Cassidy: It definitely could be. I actually have no idea. That’s where our writers are sort of figuring it out, we’re figuring it out. But the fact that she’s letting her guard down and she’s actually having a relationship with the Arrow is a good step in the right direction.

Question: Do you have any fun scenes with Jessica [De Gouw]?

Cassidy: Yes, you will see Laurel and Helena interact in this next episode [airing this week], episode eight. I won’t say how, but there’s an interaction.

Question: Any Birds of Prey references?

Cassidy: You’ll see. Tune in. It’s a really good episode. My favorite episode - I really liked four and five, and I think this last episode was really good.

Question: Are there any other episodes that have really stood out to you?

Cassidy: The one that aired with Tommy and I -- it might have been six, actually -- at the gala when he throws Laurel a charity. That was really fun. I thought that was a really good episode. Then 13 is just badass. It’s so good. It makes me so excited. I love shooting episodes like this. I love waking up to go to work! It feels good.

Question: This show has quickly become quite a hit for the network. What do you think it is that quickly struck a chord with people?

Cassidy: You know, I think there’s a really nice balance between this action show, this show that’s so big -- it’s like a movie every week -- and it’s action-packed, it’s based off a comic book. But they did a really nice job with the parallel of it being accessible to people who were uneducated with the comic book. You can watch the show and not necessarily have to read the comics to get invested in the show. I think they did a really nice job of keeping it grounded and keeping it real. It’s very character-driven. It’s not just this superhero show. You have real people in real-life situations, real characters, other things going on. I think it appeals to both men and women. It’s also a huge age demographic because you have the Thea Queen story and the Moria story, then you have the Laurel story and the Green Arrow. I feel like a family could sit down and watch it, parents with their kids, and they could all enjoy something, which is nice. I really hope, if anything, I could say more families get into it together and spend more time together. I want it to be a show that brings people together. I feel like we don’t have enough face time and time to actually sit and watch TV and hang out. So I think this show is certainly something that families can watch and everyone can enjoy.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/05/ ... -new-ideas

- Stephen Amell sobre el 'más ruin' Malcolm Merlyn, y el encontrarse con el verdadero Deathstroke (TVLine.com):
Stephen Amell sobre el 'más ruin' Malcolm Merlyn, y el encontrarse con el verdadero Deathstroke
Por Matt Webb Mitovich 5 Diciembre, 2012 07:01 AM PST

This week on The CW’s Arrow (Wednesday, 8/7c), Oliver will have his hands full with his badass new lady friend, Helena/The Huntress — but make no mistake, his biggest headaches are yet to come.

Stephen Amell, who plays the freshman hit’s titular vigilante and his not-so-mild-mannered alter ego, likens this week’s “really cool” outing to a movie, saying, “It’s like nothing that we’ve had so far on the show visually.” Plus, on the action front, Oliver and Helena “get right into it,” now that they are privy to each other’s secret identities.

“She and I started smooching, and we pick up not right where we left off but a short time after,” Amell laughs, “and we get working on stuff. I’m trying to show her a different way [of making things right], but she is resisting. And she vacillates throughout the entire episode between trying my way and just being too hellbent on revenge.”

Last week’s Arrow also featured another “unmasking “of sorts, revealing that the Well-Dressed Man who’s been taking meetings with Oliver’s mother Moira is Malcolm Merlyn — aka Oliver’s best bud Tommy’s father.

“It makes sense now, right?” Amell asks. “I don’t think anyone guessed it, but the second you see them together, it’s like, ‘Of course!’”

The question now becomes, will Malcolm (played by John Barrowman) evolve into the infamous Merlyn of DC Comics lore, and thus be positioned as Arrow’s archenemy? Or is that his son’s fate?

“We start off in the pilot with Tommy being … a little bit suspicious [of Oliver], and we haven’t seen that [since],” Amell notes. “And one of the things I like about this [week's] episode is… we see [Tommy] break in a really good direction. If he were eventually going down a darker path, this is a nice way to sort of push a character in one direction.”

As for the well-dressed Malcolm himself, “He’s certainly the most nefarious character we’ve met so far,” Amell says. “We don’t know a ton about him, just that whatever that symbol means in [Robert Queen's] book, and however that list was constructed, he’s not necessarily behind it but he’s the closest to the center that we’ve gotten.

“He’s obviously the biggest threat that Oliver has,” Amell continues, “which is ironic, because they’ve never come together. So far.”

Also on the horizon for Oliver is a flashback (at least…) to his first meeting on the island with Slade Wilson aka the man who would become the masked assassin Deathstroke. Arrow_Deathstroke_ManuFilling the ominous role is Manu Bennett (aka Crixus of Starz’s Spartacus series).

“It’s nice to know who’s playing Deathstroke — but it’s not necessarily what you think,” teases Amell, who quickly spotted the dummy name used in the script — “Isaac Holloway” — then confirmed the truth with EP Marc Guggenheim. “I texted Marc and go, ‘Um… It’s Slade Wilson, isn’t it?’ And he’s like, ‘Oh yeah,’” the actor shares with comic-book fan enthusiasm. “They told me about this idea that they had sometime around Episode 3, so I’m glad we’re sticking to those plans.”

Having auditioned to replace the late Andy Whitfield as Spartacus opposite Bennett in 2010, Amell promises that Oliver’s first encounters with Slade Wilson will be “intense.” (Whether or not the CW series sticks with this backstory, per DC lore, Slade was a genetically engineered “supersoldier” for the United States army.) “He’s meeting me on the island when I’m far less capable, so us ‘mixing it up’ might be a nice way to put it,” Amell previews. “More like ‘beating down’!”

http://tvline.com/2012/12/05/arrow-seas ... de-wilson/

- Stephen Amell y David Ramsey adelantan 'Vendetta,' 'Year's End' y el regreso de Deathstroke (huffingtonpost.com):
Last week's "Arrow" (Wednesdays at 8 p.m. EST on The CW) Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) met Helena Bertinelli (a.k.a. comics antiheroine Huntress, played by Jessica De Gouw), another troubled vigilante with an uncompromising method of delivering justice. Though her ideologies may differ from Oliver's, he found that he had a lot in common with Helena, and the final moments of "Muse of Fire" saw our hero getting up-close and personal with his new lady-friend.

But their story doesn't end there. As Amell previewed in Part 1 of HuffPost TV's exclusive set visit interview, "all the plans that the Huntress has in [Episode] 7, tie directly into [Episode] 8."

Naturally then, this week's episode (Wed., Dec. 5) will bring simmering tensions to a boil and place Oliver at odds not just with Helena's mobster father (Jeffrey Nordling), but with his own crime-fighting partner Diggle (David Ramsey).

In addition to our on-set interview with Amell, HuffPost TV caught up with Ramsey earlier this week to find out what he could tease about tonight's episode and next week's Christmas-themed installment, which also serves as "Arrow's" midseason finale. Below, find Part 2 of our conversation with Amell, and the first part of our interview with Ramsey -- and start preparing yourself for "Year's End" in advance.

- Stephen Amell-

In Episode 6, Thea [Willa Holland] certainly didn't handle Tommy's [Colin Donnell] "rejection" well. It seems as though she's going down a darker path and challenging Oliver more directly.
Amell: Our dynamic is coming to a head sooner, with Oliver and Thea, because she hasn’t trusted me since the end of the pilot and it hasn’t really gotten better. I mean, she made an effort enough; she asked me, she said, "I don’t care if you do it with me but you have to do it with somebody -- you’re going to have to tell me what happened. Tell them what happened. Tell someone what happened." And she’s at her wits’ end with me and this situation with being rejected by Tommy and feeling threatened by Laurel [Katie Cassidy], it’s not making it any easier. She and I are going to have to have a head-to-head pretty soon.

Not to get too literal with DC Comics' various iterations of Speedy, but I know that choice of nickname was deliberate for Thea, and comics fans are aware that Green Arrow's first "Speedy," Roy Harper, struggled with drug addiction. With the impending introduction of "Arrow's" version of Count Vertigo [Seth Gabel] and all that entails, I'm guessing that Thea might be heading down a similar road?
Amell: Vertigo is a drug [and Seth Gabel is the dealer] and from a deductive logic standpoint, that would be a pretty good path to go down ... You know, just because her relationship gets better with Oliver, it doesn’t mean that she gets better overall ... it has an opportunity to get better with Oliver because it gets worse with someone else.

What can you say about the midseason finale, "Year's End," which has a Christmas theme?
Amell: There is some big stuff. The whole idea of doing this superhero and doing a superhero without super powers is that he is vulnerable and he is fallible and he can be hurt. And as much fun as it is to take down Adam Hunt and take down Jason Brodeur, if Oliver is just dominating the bad guy of the week, if there is a bad guy of the week, that’s not dynamic. That’s repetitive. If we were really going to do this show, we’d have to run him up against somebody that was his equal or that was better than him and that was always my hope for the show. After I read Episode 9, I have never been happier after reading a script.

Does that involve Deathstroke [Manu Bennett] in any way?
Amell: I actually do believe that Deathstroke is in Episode 9, possibly. That’s the other thing too, is that we’re about to take a little bit of a break from the island, I believe. I mean, we’ve left it in a very interesting spot with him finding [his father's] book, etc., etc.; but when we go back to the island, there’s no more sitting around in the cave. The cave, I’m sure, will stick around, but we’re going outside and in much the same way that you ramp toward the midseason finale, I believe that we are ramping toward the moment on the island right now. Because the scenes have become more intense, the stakes are a little bit higher ... I thought that we saw just for a second at the end of Episode 6, but we are starting to see this first little inkling, this twinkle of transformation in Oliver -- or at least a separation of the person that he was before, relative to the person that he is when he comes back.

I will say this. I will tease one thing about Episode 9: I really think that we’ve moved forward with the series, that we’ve continued to raise the stakes and 9, right at the beginning, does a great job of illustrating just how much higher the stakes have gotten since the pilot. There is a quick scene where something that was a big deal in the pilot is just dispatched and that, to me ... it’s not hitting the viewer over the head with saying, "This is how far we’ve come," but me reading it, I went, "Oh, wow," because this was a meaty part of the pilot and now it’s just an afterthought in Episode 9.

- David Ramsey-

Diggle expressed more than a few reservations about Helena in last week's episode. I'm guessing he's not going to react too well when he discovers how deeply Oliver's involved with her?
Ramsey: Your instinct is correct. We made no secret of how Diggle sees justice being distributed in Starling City in general, as opposed to how Oliver sees it. They both agree on the larger point that Starling City is dying, but it’s worth redeeming, and there are people that deserve justice aren’t always getting it, and the people that deserve to pay don’t always pay. They both agree on the larger story ... We see they already have conflict, and they will continue to have conflict. Helena fits right into the philosophical challenges that these two men have in terms of who deserves justice and who doesn’t. Helena is another lightening rod between these two gentlemen. Diggle will have a problem with her presence in Oliver’s life, and he will make that known.

Stephen did tell me on set that Diggle was due for an "I told you so" moment, although not in a vindictive way. Will that have something to do with Oliver's new relationship?
Ramsey: I think so. The thing that’s great about these guys [is that] Oliver suffers from post-traumatic stress syndrome and I don’t really think anyone knows that except for Diggle. Oliver is smart enough to know he does, but he’s on a mission, and that, many times, clouds his judgment. But I think Diggle’s the only one that really sees that and really knows that Oliver needs help to see things from every angle. I think as a soldier, Diggle sees that. He sees the advantage of seeing things from every angle, as many angles as you can, and that makes your kill smarter. When you do decide to kill and execute that capital punishment, you are in a moral position to do it, and I think Diggle gets there through close evaluation of every situation.

Oliver gets there by seeing a name on a list and distributing justice, and so, they don’t meet eye-to-eye on that, but then on the larger issues, I think they agree. Anyway, I think in terms of Helena, Diggle has his own idea about who Helena is and how she should be dealt with. Oliver, because of where he is in his life, what he’s suffering from -- and we saw in the last episode how kindred of spirits they are -- I think Diggle sees that as clouding his judgment.

Does Diggle have any scenes with Helena specifically this week?
Ramsey: Yes, you will see them engage. They will have some words. [Laughs.]

A little further down the line, we know that Diggle is going to start keeping a closer eye on Oliver's mother, Moira [Susanna Thompson]. What can you tease about that arc?
Ramsey: Well, he’s going to have to. I think that Diggle, again, is looking at everything, everybody. He’s checking them all out, as a good soldier should. As a person who’s looking at every single angle, as anyone would if they’re a soldier on a recon mission on a battlefield. The Queen family, by the way, is part of that one percent. If there’s anybody to really keep eyes on, it’s the Queen family. Diggle’s eyebrows are raised in terms of the Queen family, and just a little hint, they will get even higher as the season goes on. You will see some major developments with the Queen family.

Next week's episode is the midseason finale. What can you reveal about it?
It is going to be jaw-dropping ... It’s going to be like, "I can’t believe they just did that." It’s going to be huge. I can’t give too much away, but some episodes are setting up for bigger episodes like this past episode we saw it was really more of a setup for what’s happening in the [Oliver/Helena] relationship, and then, you have other episodes like [3 and 4] when Oliver had that big reveal. This episode coming up with Christmas is bigger than both of those. It’s huge. It’s really, really big.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/0 ... _hp_ref=tw

- David Ramsey de Arrow comenta que hay un momento de la midseason finale 'mayor' que cuando 'Dexter' mató a Rita (EW.com):
David Ramsey de Arrow comenta que hay un momento de la midseason finale 'mayor' que cuando 'Dexter' mató a Rita
Por Sandra Gonzalez

After a turn on Showtime’s Dexter as informant-turned-love interest Anton Briggs, David Ramsey knows how to protect the integrity of a good plot twist. But it didn’t stop him from giving out juicy teases about what awaits Arrow fans in the last two episodes of 2012.

“[After the midseason finale] you’re going to be left thinking, ‘No, they didn’t!’ It’s that big,” says Ramsey, who plays Oliver Queen’s (Stephen Amell) confidant/partner in crime Diggle on the CW series.

In just seven episodes, Arrow has already delivered a few shocking moments — one of the biggest being when Diggle learned of Oliver’s secret identity. So how will this midseason cliffhanger measure up? “[On] Dexter, they had this huge cliffhanger at the end of one of the seasons where they killed off [Dexter's wife] Rita…It’s going to be bigger than that,” says Ramsey. “Huge.”

Before the end of the year also look for Diggle and Oliver to clash over the hero’s involvement with Helena/Huntress (Jessica de Gouw), who last week became the second person to learn Oliver’s secret. “It’s going to be somewhat contentious between Diggle and Oliver because of her presence in his life,” he says. “Diggle has some very strong feelings about who Helena is and so does Oliver. And they won’t see eye-to-eye. It’s going to cause some difficulties, and I think this comes from Diggle [often] seeing things in a way Oliver doesn’t.”

Their differences are exactly what make them a great pair, though, says Ramsey. “I think [Diggle] sees himself as offering something Oliver really can’t do by himself. And I think that’s why Oliver selected him; this was not an arbitrary selection,” he says. “So you will see him standing up to Oliver. I think it’s delivered in a way where you see that Oliver needs this.”

Diggle’s backstory “come to life” as viewers learn new information surrounding the death of his brother, who was killed by an assassin. “Right now, lots of what we see is Diggle facilitating Oliver’s growth — and I think all the characters do to some degree,” he says. “But [viewers will see] more of Diggle’s backstory and you’re going to see more of what his relationship with Oliver means to his own family.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/05/arrow ... lled-rita/

- David Ramsey habla sobre el futuro de Diggle y la relación con Oliver (zap2it.com):
David Ramsey habla sobre el futuro de Diggle y la relación con Oliver
Por Laurel Brown 6 Diciembre, 2012 11:25 AM ET

David Ramsey plays John Diggle, Oliver Queen's bodyguard-turned-comrade-in-arms on "Arrow." But what is coming up for Diggle throughout the rest of season 1? How does the man deal with a psychologically messed-up guy like Oliver (Stephen Amell)?

Ramsey shared a great deal about that in this interview.

What's coming up for Diggle in the rest of "Arrow" Season 1?

David Ramsey: What comes up for Diggle, I think, is personal risk. What this means for his extended universe, Diggle's extended universe -- his family, his personal life. That's going to come into question. That's going to shed some light on his backstory.

Also, we're going to see the extended, different philosophies between these two guys. What they both feel about justice and how they distribute justice, how it should be distributed. You know, I think we're going to see a continuing, smart debate between these two. I think what we've seen so far with Diggle is that Diggle helps Oliver, not only with the moral compass but also thinking about things that he maybe wouldn't think about.

Oliver, he knows it too, I think, intellectually. But I think that the mission is so important to him, the passion of filling his father's dying request is so prevalent on him that sometimes he can't see the forest for the trees.

Since we're going to see more of Diggle's personal life, does this mean his sister-in-law at the diner is coming back? Will we see other people from Diggle's past?

David Ramsey: She's a permanent -- well I wouldn't say necessarily a permanent -- fixture. But she's an important fixture in Diggle's life. She runs Big Belly Burgers and if for no other reason, she'll be coming back for that. But also the personal effect she has with Diggle. Diggle also has a nephew -- her son is an important part of Diggle's life. So yeah, when I'm saying what his lifestyle means to Oliver, you're gonna see what that means to his sister-in-law.

Considering how morally ambiguous so much of "Arrow" is, where do you see the character of Diggle falling on a continuum between good and evil?

David Ramsey: Oliver's the far right. Diggle's the far left. They both have to struggle to meet someplace in the middle. And that's probably the right place. Though Oliver probably wins more often, distributing his own brand of justice. I think he has to re-think how the "right" feels and if there's any truth to how the "left" feels.

I think, when Diggle originally joined Oliver, it was because he does understand that the system doesn't always end up benefiting those it should benefit. And those that should pay don't always pay. So he gets the fact that he's a vigilante.

But he also gets the fact that just looking at the book and just looking at the one-percenters isn't always the way to save the city. He said that in one of the episodes: There are other ways to save the city. Not just the powerful and elite, but also the bank robbers, the gang bangers. Those are symptoms, like Oliver said, but those people kill innocent people. They are branches off a bigger tree, yes, but the branches need to be dealt with as well.

So I think the way Diggle sees it is that there are many ways to distribute justice, not just the narrow vision of your father's book. Even though Oliver has the mission of just looking at what's in the book, we saw two episodes ago that he is willing to expand that vision, that he is beginning to come around to understand that many people are suffering in Starling City -- not just the people that the one percent affect. And I think that's a great role for our lead character, for Oliver.

I guess that isn't a direct answer to your question. The difference would be that Diggle sees the city being saved in many different ways -- many different ways you could help Starling City. And Oliver sees it: "How can we help Starling City?" in relation to fulfilling his father's dying request. And that causes conflict, many times, between these two. But I think ultimately, it helps the show.

Getting away from thorny questions of morality, what did you have to do to prepare yourself to play Diggle as the warrior that he is?

David Ramsey: There are different ways you can think of a warrior, right?

Diggle is in a position where he can see things that Oliver can't. Not because he's smarter, just because he can -- he's in a different place in his life. And even though he's suffering from the loss of his brother in a traumatic way, he's not suffering the same way Oliver is.

So how did I prepare for that? I think me and Diggle probably agree on a great many things about how we see justice and probably about how we have a very, very middle-of-the-road view in terms of distributing justice. Diggle wasn't hard for me to reach, philosophically.

Do you have any favorite moments of "Arrow" so far?

David Ramsey: You know, there are a few. First of all, I love kicking a**, Diggle kicking butt. At the end of the day, this is an action show, so you have to love the action. I love to see Diggle -- and I want to see more of Diggle -- taking out guys. I love that.

But I also like the banter. I like the relationship between him and Oliver. I really like how Diggle sees justice being distributed in Starling City and how Oliver sees it. I like these two guys having to meet in the middle to achieve a goal. I like that he's not a typical sidekick, I like that he's not a "yes" guy. And when we see him working at headquarters, he always sees an angle that Oliver doesn't. And I love the conflict that that gives to the relationship.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... liver.html?

- Seth Gabel Praises His Upcoming ARROW Role as 'The Most Fun I've Ever Had' (gimmemyremote):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow - Vendetta Producer's Preview:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow Extended Promo 1x09 - Year's End [HD] Mid-Season Finale:

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 1.08 "Vendetta". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevos datos sobre la aparición de Seth Gabriel como "Vertigo" (TVLine.com):
TVLine tuvo ocasión de hablar brevemente con Seth Gabel sobre su próxima aparición en "Arrow" como el villano "Vertigo".

Su personaje será a "The Count", al “cerebro de una banda de venta de drogas” cuyo producto No. 1 se llama Vertigo. Si se toma oralmente, la droga hace que el consumidor se sienta como si estuviera “camiando en el aire,” comentó Gabel.

Pro si se inyecta... aquí es cuando ocurren las cosas malas, captando el interés del vigilante encapuchado. “Es lo más divertido que jamás he hecho,” dijo Gabel, quien describió el look de su alter ego como “muy urbano, y de una manera muy real, vistosa y teatral,” con el pelo de punta, guantes sin dedos y “mucho negro.”

¿Tendrá Oliver que trabajar mucho por su causa? Eso parece. “Básicamente lidero las calles, así es que va a tener un largo camino hasta llegar a mí,” advierte Gabel.

http://tvline.com/2012/12/06/supernatur ... -spoilers/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Créditos del capítulo 1.14 “The Odyssey”:
Imagen

1.14 "Odyssey": dirigido por John Behring con historia de Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg y guión de Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo póster promocional del capítulo de la mid-season "Year´s End":

Imagen

- Nuevas noticias de cásting sobre un nuevo papel recurrente:
Según parece, Arrow está actualmente haciendo los cástings para conseguir una actriz que interprete el papel recurrente de "Dinah".

Dinah es la ex-mujer del detective Lance y la madre de Laurel. Aparecerá por primera vez en el episodio 1.16 y será personaje recurrente en los episodios 1.17 y 1.18.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/12/arrow- ... -role.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Colton Haynes se unirá a "Arrow" como Roy Harper (TVGuide):
Imagen
Muchos le conoceréis por su papel en la serie de la MTV "Teen Wolf" y ahora el actor Colton Haynes se une a la serie de la CW "Arrow" como el muy conocido "Roy Harper".

"Éramos grandes fans de Colton en Teen Wolf y estamos encantados con que se una a Arrow," dice el productor ejecutivo Greg Berlanti del actor, al que veremos en la serie en el 2013. Su primer episodio será el 1.15 "Dodger" y se emitirá el 20 de Febrero del 2013.

Los aficionados de DC Comics reconocen a ese personaje como el joven tirador conocido como el compañero de Green Arrow "Speedy" desde su debut en 1941, como Aresenal miembro de los Teen Titans, y el miembro drogadicto de la Justice League "Red Arrow". Aunque los detalles sobre esta nueva encarnación siguen permaneciendo en secreto, el Harper de Haynes es descrito por la CW como "un guapo, y conocedor de las calles adolescente, de 'los Glades,' la dura y golpeada por la pobreza área de Starling City."

El papel recurrente proporcionará un interés amoroso para Thea (Willa Holland), y mucho jugo para la creciente mitología de la serie. De acuerdo a lo que ha dicho la cadena sobre el personaje, además de enamorarse de la hermana pequeña de Oliver cuando crucen sus caminos "de manera inesperada," Roy está "destinado a convertirse en una significante parte de su vida y en un importante jugador dentro del mundo de Arrow."

El cásting llegó hace dos menese después de que Haynes dejara perplejos a los fans de Teen Wolf al confirmar en twitter su decisión de dejar el drama de la MTV, aunque no hay nada sorprendente en lo rápido que otra serie lo ha contratado.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Colto ... 57668.aspx

- John Barrowman de Arrow: Malcolm Tiene Envidia de Arrow (THR.com):
John Barrowman de Arrow: Malcolm Tiene Envidia de Arrow
Por Lesley Goldberg 8:00 AM PST 12/12/2012

John Barrowman's Malcolm Merlyn wants his screwball son to get his butt in gear and he isn't afraid to throw him to the wolves to get him there on the CW's freshman drama Arrow.

As it turns out, the tough-love father (previously known only as the "Well-Dressed Man") wants Tommy to be more like Starling City's hooded hero Arrow, the archer with a hit list ridding the home he loves from the crime and corrupt officials who have taken over.

And while Tommy (Colin Donnell) doesn't quite get what that means yet -- he's turned to Oliver for a job at his club -- it turns out Malcolm might just be projecting what he wants for himself onto his son.

To that end, Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) will square off against the Dark Archer on Wednesday's Arrow as his alter ego faces what's being billed as his "most formidable opponent to date."

But just who is the brown-hooded copycat killer who's targeting names on Oliver's hit list? The Hollywood Reporter turned to Barrowman to get the scoop on whether or not Malcolm and Tommy's relationship would grow after the spoiled twentysomething was financially cut off, why the father with a penchant for swordplay is really just misunderstood and if he could be the Dark Archer on the drama from EPs Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg.

The Hollywood Reporter: How will we Malcolm and Tommy's relationship evolve -- or might it devolve?
John Barrowman: (Laughs) The devolving will be the evolving. When you found out that Malcolm was Tommy's father, the whole point of him cutting him off was because he wants him to pull himself together and stop being this flighty, social idiot. In Malcolm's eyes, he wants his son to be like Arrow but in order to do that, he has to cut him off and make it difficult for him because the best way to do that is through tough love. Maybe it will work or maybe it will crumble in front of Malcolm and their relationship will deteriorate.

THR: Might Malcolm be the Dark Archer/copy cat killer impersonating the Arrow or could it be Tommy, considering how much his father wants him to be like the hooded hero?
Barrowman: The more you watch the more you will learn about Tommy and about Malcolm. It's the kind of thing when I read the scripts as a fanboy myself, I have a bit of a fangasm when I read it. Your jaw is going to drop.

THR: Malcolm also has a complex relationship with Ollie's mother, Moira. What does he have over her that's keeping her in line? It doesn't seem like anyone really likes this guy.
Barrowman: The reason they don't like to hang out with him is because he's ambitious and he's ruthless in his ambition and for his objective. From playing a troubled hero in another show and coming to play a villain, I see Malcolm as a bit of a troubled hero himself because he's trying to do things to protect the company and other people but everybody sees it as being the bad way to do it; it depends how people go about things. Where as Oliver as Arrow is going around snapping people's neck and shooting folks but people see him as the good hero. So Malcolm is a bit frustrated by things like that and he's also frustrated with Moira because their kind of relationship, there's always mention of her husband Robert. The relationship between Malcolm, Robert and Moira, I hope we get to discover more of that because it'd be interesting to see what was going on there and why she has a loyalty to Malcolm as he has a loyalty to her because as you can see, she's starting to stand up a lot more to him than she has before.

THR: Considering Malcolm wants to be the hero -- even though he's going about it the wrong way -- it seems like that'd be a great way to become a Dark Archer, so to speak.
Barrowman: That's a very good assumption! (Laughs)

THR: Does Malcolm want to be a good guy and the notoriety that Arrow seems to be getting?
Barrowman: I don't think Malcolm thinks he's a bad guy; he thinks he's a good guy. Malcolm has had a very hard life. Tommy's father doesn't look that old, so you have someone who had children very young and had to work very hard to provide and to get where they are today. You've got someone who has had a hard time and perhaps doesn't recognize that some of it is a chip on his shoulder. He thinks he's a good man, he's just misinterpreted and misunderstood.

THR: That said, what's his relationship with Oliver like?
Barrowman: They cut a scene from the episode when Moira was in the hospital -- before it was revealed that Malcolm was Tommy's father -- where you saw the hero come out of the hospital and there Malcolm was to give Oliver a hug. You knew there was some real respect there and Malcolm really likesOliver. Malcolm would have loved to have had Oliver as his son.

THR: Those are some big shoes for Tommy to fill. How will he respond to his father wanting him to be more like Oliver?
Barrowman: Absolutely. Tommy has to step up to the plate. If he proves himself, then he can be welcomed back into the Malcolm fold. There's nice stuff coming up where you see that relationship between Tommy and Malcolm developing but whether it goes the right way or the wrong way, that's something that I don't want to say because there are some real nice twists in there.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... her-401134

- Barrowman Trae Malcolm Merlyn a "Arrow" (comicbookresources.com):
When he was announced as a guest star on The CW's hit superhero drama "Arrow," John Barrowman's role was known only as the "well-dressed man" of Starling City. But the inclusion of the fan favorite actor in any part was enough to pique the interest of viewers who followed Barrowman's portrayal of Captain Jack Harkness on "Torchwood" and "Doctor Who."

But even the most dedicated Barrowman fan already prepared to see the usually debonair on screen hero turned mystery bad guy was surprised when the actor's full role was revealed in a recent "Arrow" episode. The actor is playing non other than Malcolm Merlyn – father to Colin Donnell's Tommy Merlyn, best friend to series lead Oliver Queen. The revelation not only complicated the show's narrative as the elder Merlyn cut his rich son off from his inheritance, but it also started fan theorizing on which of the father-son combo may turn into the Merlyn of DC Comics "Green Arrow" series which inspired the show. In the funnybooks, Merlyn is an black clad archer often viewed as Green Arrow's arch enemy.

Tonight at 8:00 Eastern and Pacific, "Arrow's" mid-season finale debuts on the network, and the episode titled "Year's End" promises not only a turning point for many of the series long-simmering plot lines, it has also teased a debut for a dark archer to confront Arrow's rein as Starling City's vigilante. Could this archer be the fame Merlyn of the comics? And if so, which Merlyn family member will take up the hood?

To help search for some answers, CBR News spoke to Barrowman about his role on the series. Below, the actor explains how he was ready for the twist of his character from day one, why playing a villain is as much fun as Captain Jack at this point in his career, what impact his newfound role will have on the rest of the cast and wether or not he'll stick around the rest of the season for a chance at DC Universe action figure glory.

CBR News: John, when you were announced as a cast member of "Arrow," your character came with a certain amount of mysteriousness built in. Now we've seen him revealed as Tommy Merlyn's father Malcolm, but when you came in, what was it like to play someone steeped in shadow? I feel like that must be different from someone like Captain Jack who was so strongly defined from moment one.

John Barrowman: Well, I have to be honest with you in that aspect that I knew what was going on before I came in. I had a conversation with Andrew [Kreisberg], the producers and the creative team prior to shooting. They called me to woo me! I was at my house in Palm Springs, and they said, "We've got this part" and explained the whole arc up to the part where I'd be revealed as Tommy's father. With the passion they had in their voice, I felt like they were kind of apologizing to me that they were coming to me with such a small part. And I said to them, "It's not the size of the part. It's the ruckus that it causes." And I said, "The passion you have in your voice and what you're saying has totally enthralled me." It reminded me of the days when I was asked to be in "Doctor Who" and thought I'd only be in a few episodes. I just love this genre. I'm a fan of this. I'm a fan of DC Comics and science fiction. It's my world.

So to be asked to do this was glorious in the first place, but when I did come in, I knew where they were taking it. So it wasn't difficult to play things that were one scene in the back of a limousine in an episode or one scene in Moira's bedroom after she'd been injured. I knew where this was all going, so in the back of my head I was playing this kind of stuff. And I think it worked because it added to the gravitas of that reveal when you found out I was his father and why I was involved with this family in the first place. I'd love to say that it was difficult and hard and a challenge. It was a challenge to do little bits and bobs, but it wasn't difficult because I already knew what would happen.

The reveal was a fun moment because you got to do it by fencing and pulling off your mask. Had you any experience fencing like that before?

Well, when I was in "Torchwood" and "Doctor Who" I did all of my own stunts except falling off of buildings. And I did all my own driving stuff. But it's a bit different in the States because of all the union regulations and rules. So I would like to say...aw, now I've got to let my secret out of the bag! I didn't do the fencing, but don't tell anybody! [Laughs] I would love to have had the time to do it, but I had to finish that scene and catch a flight back to the UK to finish something over here. I was in and out, so to speak. But I've done most of my fight sequences from "Torchwood." I love that kind of challenge, and I love to do it so long as it's not rushed. So let's hope some more opportunities will come in the future.

This week, the mid-season finale for "Arrow" is coming, and the tease The CW has put out for this episode shows a new archer in black. Anyone who reads the comics is going to associate that move with the Merlyn name. What can you say about Malcolm's role moving forward and how he might impact this new costumed character?

Having had that confrontation with Tommy and telling him off because I think he's a waste of time, I feel that Malcolm would actually have loved to have Oliver as a son. So you'll get to see Tommy and Malcolm's relationships develop further from that point. There's something that comes in between Tommy and Malcolm. I won't say what it is, but they try to smooth over the waters only to have something get in the way. The relationship that develops means that there's going to be a jaw-dropping moment for one of the characters within this world. You'll get to see me step out a bit more with some of the other members of the cast. And this build of where it's going? Trust me, it's worth it. [Laughs] I don't want to spoil anything!

It seems like you're having fun playing the villain in this. Is that something you wanted to do? Get away from being the square-jawed hero?

Well, I'd like to a square-jawed villain! [Laughter] The way I look at Malcolm Merlyn is that he is a hero to himself. He's a hero who's ruthless. He is trying to protect his company, his world, his investment. And how he goes about it is that he looks at Oliver and the Arrow as someone who's being a bit ruthless himself – he's snapping necks and shooting people. Why is that any different than what I do in the business world? So there is a bit of a rivalry going on there. But it is nice for me to play a bad guy, because, as you say, when I was younger I always played the ingenue or the romantic male lead, and then I played the troubled hero in "Torchwood." But this is a thrill. I'm having a blast. And I've said to them, rather than always being a recurring role I would love this part to build and build until I become somebody who is a series regular. That's my goal as John Barrowman, the person who's business is being an actor and an entertainer.

I was going to ask, how long are you planning on sticking around as it stands?

I am signed for the rest of the series. That's all I'll say.

Overall, since you are a fan of the comics world and material, what are your hopes for Malcolm as a character long term? Are you looking to getting an action figure out there and some extended media opportunities?

Listen, one of the biggest thrills of my career was when I was asked to help design my action figure here in the UK. I have a 15 inch, a 12 inch and a six inch. Ideally, I prefer the 12 inch. [Laughs] I'm proud of all the stuff I do. As I said, I'm a fanboy for this world. I've got a "DC Encyclopedia" next to my bed along with a Marvel one. I've got sci-fi books and also all my action figures on my desk in my office. So yes, if this leads to "Well Dressed Man Malcolm Merlyn" action figures, bring it on! The little boy that I was when I was a kid played with all these action figures – the DC and Marvel characters. So for me to become one of them? Hallelujah!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=42636

- John Barrowman habla sobre la arquería y el aniversario de ‘Doctor Who’ (latimes.com):
Fans of “Doctor Who” and “Torchwood” know actor John Barrowman as the ever-cheery Capt. Jack Harkness. But for his latest role, as Malcolm Merlyn on the hit CW series “Arrow,” Barrowman is putting his famous smile to more sinister use, playing the wealthy head of the mysterious Tempest group. Of course, in “Green Arrow” comic book mythology, Malcolm Merlyn becomes archvillain Merlyn, a whiz with the bow and arrow himself. Barrowman unequivocally declined to reveal whether his character will one day evolve into that famous foe, but in an interview with Hero Complex, he did discuss what’s in store for Wednesday night’s midseason finale of the show, his own archery skills and how he might commemorate the upcoming 50th anniversary of “Doctor Who.”

HC: What can we expect from “Arrow’s” midseason finale?

JB: You can expect a lot of twists and a lot of turns that you’re not expecting from the show itself and also from Malcolm Merlyn. I have to be vague, because we’re not allowed to tell you what’s going on, but the fact is that also as a fan of the show, I wouldn’t want to be told. There will be jaw-dropping moments.

HC: Were you familiar with Green Arrow before joining this series?

JB: I was not a buyer of those comic books but I know the DC world. This is going to sound really nerdy, but I have a DC encyclopedia at my bedside so when I’m watching other films with DC characters, I can reference them.What was discussed with me when they asked if I wanted the role — which I have to say, when I heard the passion everybody had about it and [executive producer] Andrew [Kreisberg] spoke to me — it almost seemed like they were apologizing to me for asking me to do what they called a small role. And I turned around and said, “Guys, I am thrilled that you’re on the phone asking me this. Because I’m a fan of this world. And the fact is that the passion in your voice reminds me of the day I was asked to play Capt. Jack in ‘Doctor Who’ and ‘Torchwood.’ If you have a passion behind it, I know it’s going to be good.” As soon as they told me about it, I went and looked at all the material on the Green Arrow, and … there’s a vagueness about it. But I think that’s good for us, because it allows us a little bit of artistic license to take a left turn when we need to.

HC: Have you been practicing your archery skills at all?

JB: I have no idea what you’re trying to lead into … I did archery when I was in high school. In our gym class we had two weeks of archery and I remember taking the bow and arrow and firing it up and across the street into a car parking lot. It was Bill Jacobs Chevrolet. And the next class after the archery class we heard over the speaker, “Mr. Barrowman, John Barrowman, please come to the principal’s office, please. The arrow you fired went through a convertible.” So I have had experience with archery.

HC: “Arrow” has done surprisingly well for the CW. What was your reaction when you got word that the show had been picked up for a full season?

JB: What I can say that’s different in American television … in Britain, they wouldn’t cancel something after a couple of episodes. In the States they would. They would just decide it’s not working, take it off and put something else in on the fall schedule. It’s about turnaround and getting those audience figures. In the UK, they’ll let a show build. One thing I think is great about the CW is that we came in gangbusters for them and as per normal, the ratings taper off a little bit, but still doing well and all of a sudden there’s another gangbuster moment and the ratings go up again. The CW has stuck by it. Once I found out the numbers were good, I immediately texted Stephen [Amell] to say congratulations and job well done. Stephen was so excited, that he tweeted it before it was even announced. That gives you an idea of the feeling we have as the actors when it happens, we are happy about it and ecstatic that our story gets to be told.

HC: And now there’s an opportunity to see your character take on a more prominent role on the series.

JB: I’d love to be a regular on the show just to continue the role. I love playing him and I want to explore his world even more.

HC: You didn’t have a lot of screen time early on. How do you create a fully realized character in a very small scene?

JB: I’m not someone who says, “Ohhhh, I have to find my motivation! Blah blah blah.” You know what? Say your lines and put some personality into it. Tell a story. The main thing we’re there to do is tell a story. I believe in television the main thing you need to do is play part of your personality. You’re not really playing a character. In everything I do, I find some of myself, or a lot of myself and put it into the role. With Malcolm, I’ve tried to give him a little bit of a sense of humor. I’ve tried to make him fun. I’ve tried to make him quirky and flirtatious in a way that’s not overt. I don’t want to get too heavy about it, but I put a lot of my own personality into it.

HC: Any plans to have Capt. Jack return for “Doctor Who’s” 50th anniversary?

JB: If there is, I haven’t been asked. I would love to if they ask me and I know that Andrew has already said to me if they want me in the 50th anniversary, he will give me the time off from “Arrow” to do it. But it’s not up to me. The fans keep asking me online and on Twitter. If I had an answer I would tell you, but it’s not up to me. Personally, as a fan of the show, I would be disappointed if Capt. Jack was not involved.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/12/ ... niversary/

- Seth Gabel Sobre el Interpretar a Vertigo en Arrow (huffingtonpost.com):
Seth Gabel Sobre el Interpretar a Vertigo en Arrow
Por Laura Prudom 13 Diciembre,2012 4:48 pm EST

You're unlikely to find two characters as diametrically opposed as Seth Gabel's new villain (dubbed "The Count") on "Arrow" and his understated performance in new film "Allegiance" (released Dec. 28 in New York and Los Angeles, available on VOD now) -- but that's probably the point.

The 31-year-old actor may be best known for playing Lincoln Lee on Fox's "Fringe" and the dysfunctional Jeremy Darling in ABC's gone-but-not-forgotten "Dirty Sexy Money," but his latest performances seem poised make you view the star in a whole new light.

The Huffington Post caught up with Gabel earlier this week to discuss his villainous "Arrow" role.Light spoilers ahead.

Let's talk a little bit about your role on "Arrow," since it sounds like your character is pivotal to the story.
Yeah, that was so much fun to do, and so much fun to be a part of. I love how much people are interested in it because it seems like a smaller show, but they are doing really great work over there, and a lot of people are paying attention. So I’m honored to have been a part of it, and I hope I get to continue to do so. The character is the most fun I’ve ever had playing a part.

What can you reveal about your first episode, Episode 12 [titled "Vertigo"]?
I play a character called The Count, who is based on Count Vertigo of the comic book series. And the super powers that the comic book character had are manifested in a drug called Vertigo that I sell on the street. So my character is a street drug kingpin that basically rules the streets of Starling City, and he’s quickly rising to a higher station and [forming] a evil empire and The Arrow needs to stop him. And I, interestingly, welcome the challenge because I love having a force for me to fight against, and the opportunity to really prove my power over Starling City.

The show has been subtly teasing Thea's [Willa Holland] experimentation with drugs since the pilot. Do you have any direct scenes with Willa or are they mostly with Stephen Amell?
It’s mostly with Stephen, but I like to feel like I have ... I’m kind of involved in what Thea is going through.

How did the producers describe the role to you, and how did you become involved with the show?
[Executive producer] Greg Berlanti called, who I worked with on "Dirty Sexy Money." And he said that there was a Joker-type character coming up on "Arrow," which was intriguing and something I thought maybe I wanted to avoid, because you hear "The Joker" and you think of Heath Ledger. There’s just no way to come anywhere near that. So when I saw the character I was really interested to see if I could create something that had a similar energy but definitely distinct from what Heath had done, and make sure that I can do something that was my own version of that thing, and I felt like I did. I worked really hard on it, and it’s definitely the most risk that I’ve ever taken playing a part.

And you've only shot one episode so far, correct?
I’ve only shot one, and it’s up in the air whether or not there’s going to be more. We’re kind of talking about it now.

I believe [executive producer] Andrew Kreisberg described your character as the first time that Oliver has actually created a supervillain through his own actions. Is there anything you can tease about that aspect of the character without spoiling anything?
I can say that our showdown leads to potentially more future showdowns in which I become more powerful.

Did you go back and read up on the comics out of curiosity, since the role is obviously less fantastical than the original version?
Yeah I kind of looked online. Wikipedia is definitely very helpful. But mostly it was just, in the amount of time that I had to prepare, I wanted to watch as much of the show as I could and really make sure that I understood the world of the show because when you hear “comic book” you might make impressions that it’s one thing. But I think what’s so great about “Arrow” is that they really ground everything in reality. And so in playing this character that, on the page, could be very over the top, I wanted to make sure that he still fit in the world that they were creating. And so I spent a lot of time trying to find that balance ... He’s flamboyant, theatrical, grounded, and very street. I really wanted to make sure that I was in my body, and that I was physically intimidating while at the same time not being afraid to be over the top.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/1 ... 89669.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 1.10 Promo "Burned" (HD), que se emiitá el 16 de enero:

- Arrow Extended Promo 1x10 - Burned [HD]:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 1.09 "Year´s End". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

donovan320
Lois Lane
Lois Lane

Mensaje por donovan320 »

Esta noche no he dormido,poniendome al día con las series de TV,algunas las llevo correctamente,otras me faltan 1 temporada entera,o media.Pero ahora mismo he visto el Capitulo 1 de "Arrow",que sí que tengo hasta el 5 y hoy grabaré el 6 de calle 13,pero hasta hoy,estas horas,no había podido.

Me ha encantado,priotiria en mi agenda.Ya estaba viendo los cómics USA,que en inglés no los entiendo,pero los dibujos me gustan,y en la tele,me ha encantado el actor.Ala,sin poderes,el solo.Este mete mas caña que Tom Welling.Que chulería.Me gustaba en Smallville,y este mes en la "Liga de la justicia",en Español...Y hasta hoy,no entiendo porqué no publican "Green Arrow" del nuevo universo DC en España.Molan cantidad los comics.

Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”