"ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arrow

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arr

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stephen Amell Adelanta el regreso de Arrow: ¡Flashbacks, Gadgets, Triángulos amorosos y más! (tvfanatic.com):
Stephen Amell Adelanta el regreso de Arrow: ¡Flashbacks, Gadgets, Triángulos amorosos y más!
Por Jim Halterman 24 de Abril, 2013 9:00 AM

The final four episodes of Arrow Season 1 kick off tonight, as viewers will be treated to consecutive new installments up through the May 15 finale.

There’s so much brewing in these remaining hours that it was the perfect time to sit down at The CW offices with none other than Stephen Amell, who has finished production for the season and gleefully previewed what’s on tap, offering various hints as to what we can expect both this spring and into next fall.

Read on for teased and tidbits from our chat...

-------------------------------------------

Ollie/Diggle Strife: Emily Bett Rickards told us earlier this week about Felicity going out in the field but Amell explained why this will take place: “Oliver and Diggle have a little bit of a falling out because Diggle is really after getting Floyd Lawton and he’s becoming a little bit obsessive,” the actor said, “Oliver doesn’t share the same commitment because there’s still an overall goal and there’s things that we’re learning and that rubs Diggle the wrong way. So, at least momentarily, he is not at my disposal and I have to send young Miss Smoak into the field.”

Pre-Island Ollie: Episode 21 will feature flashbacks with a pre-island Oliver, who is quite different than the Ollie we know today: “I had never really played the guy before except for one real quick scene in the pilot and it went really well,” Amell said. “Both Marc [Guggenheim] and Andrew [Kreisberg] actually had wished we had gotten to shoot more of it.”

In the flashbacks, we’ll see Ollie with Laurel, as well as Moira, and Amell couldn’t help but gush about his TV Mom, Susanna Thompson: “She’s wonderful in the episode because she just plays Moira Queen, the doting mother [and] she’s not privy to all this conspiratorial behavior. She just loves her children and loves her husband and she’s just happy go lucky. Susanna is really wonderful.”

Olicity? We know that Felicity has moony eyes for Ollie, but does he see her more as a little sister or as a woman? “I think he sees her as a woman," Amell said. "I think that every day that he sees Felicity he finds out how capable she is…by the time we get to [episodes] 22 and 23, 23 especially, with the stakes as high as they are, it’s not ‘you’re the IT girl in the Arrow cave,’ it’s, ‘you are a member of the team. On equal footing with myself and Diggle and we need you as much as you need us in this scenario.”

And while Ollie may not be thinking romance just yet with fan fave Miss Smoak, Amell teased that “just based on her knowing more about me than just about anyone at this point in my present day life, she can probably challenge me in ways that other people can’t and that’s always attractive.”

The Dark Archer Lays It Out: There are definitely more fights coming involving Amell and John Barrowman (Tommy’s father, Malcolm Merlyn, aka The Dark Archer). The actor also helped clear things up in terms of the journey we’ve been on for the past few months.

“Our entire mythology of our season and the reason almost everybody is doing what they’d doing is laid out by Barrowmen in this eloquent monologue,” Amell said. “It’s nice because it pays off what we’ve been setting up and, just as a viewer, I would like it because you sit there and you go, ‘Oh wow. These guys, they had a plan.’”

And while Amell admitted that viewers would find out about this plan, he wasn’t as clear about Oliver: “I think it would be sort of sad if Oliver didn’t find out but who’s to say?”

Love Triangles Stirred Up: “Love triangles very rarely stay quiet for very long,” Amell said. “It’s less between Oliver and Laurel this week than it is between Oliver and Tommy and we are going to get some, if not, moments of Oliver and Laurel together, we’re going to get some clarification to how he feels this week but I would expect to see my character and Katie’s character together a lot more before the end of the season and that’s not good for Tommy.”

Island Drama: For Amell, the last two episodes of the season should both be considered the season finale. "It’s the culmination of Edward Fyers and his plan and it’s a moment of transcendence for Oliver," Amell said, adding that the island story from now into season two is already pretty solid: “I think they have a really cool idea and really have it mapped out for what the island is going to be in season two and that will hopefully push us towards a couple of those episodes like episode 14 where it’s a little more island-centric.”

Thea Kicking Ass: While we’ll see Thea and Roy continue their quest to find the vigilante: “Oliver does catch wind of this before the end of the season, which leads to some interesting interaction between the three of them. And then it’s time for Thea in the finale to, I think, really stand on her own and have a few heroic moments of her own.”

A Mask In Ollie’s Future? While Ollie’s smoky eyes and hood are Arrow’s current look, Amell said we could see a mask on Ollie’s somewhere down the line: “We really view Oliver right now as The Hood or Arrow 1.0 and that goes along with the season. He’s living in the year 2013 and he’s using a wood bow that he made on the island. Things are going to change with him as time goes on.”

Watch for Felicity to introduce new gadgets for Ollie to use when fighting the bad guys.

Islanders in Starling City? While thus far the flashbacks on the island and present are separate, Amell wouldn’t’ be surprised if they crossed over: “It does sort of seem like inevitability that eventually some aspect of the island will touch Oliver’s life in the present day. Just name a character from the island…Slade, Shado, Edward Fires, Yao Fei…any of those people showed up in the present day? I think that would be awesome.”

Season 2 Hints: While there’s much to wrap up in four episodes, Amell hinted that we will see bits of the next season by the end of year one: “Whether it’s Diggle’s involvement with a certain organization that we’re seeing over the next couple of episodes or me confronting Roy with Thea right there in a particular scene, while we are servicing a lot of our storylines for season one, you do start to see little Easter eggs along the way for season two.”

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/04/stephe ... ts-love-t/

- 'Olicity,' La primera misión en solitario de Felicity y más Info de Emily Bett Rickards y Marc Guggenheim (huffingtonpost.com):
'Olicity,' La primera misión en solitario de Felicity y más Info de Emily Bett Rickards y Marc Guggenheim
Por Laura Prudom 24/04/2013 11:02 am EDT

"Arrow" returns on April 24, and as the episode's title "Home Invasion" suggests, things will hit close to home for Oliver (Stephen Amell), and his allies Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards).

The Huffington Post recently caught up with Rickards and executive producer Marc Guggenheim to preview what's ahead in the final four episodes of Season 1 and discuss the show's compelling relationships, including the unexpected popularity of what fans have termed "Olicity," the chemistry between troubled vigilante Oliver and tech-guru Felicity -- despite Oliver already being caught up in a potent love triangle with his ex-girlfriend Laurel (Katie Cassidy) and best friend Tommy (Colin Donnell). Superheroes really are chick magnets.

But first things first: Guggenheim previewed what fans can expect from "Home Invasion," which will see our hooded hero "torn between the two closest people in his life ... Diggle and Laurel. It’s really about, 'Where do Oliver’s deeper loyalties lie?' The choice that he makes in Episode 20 will have far-reaching consequences for the remainder of the season."

That conflict stems from the reemergence of Deadshot (Michael Rowe), the assassin who killed Diggle's brother. "In Episode 16, Diggle learned that Deadshot, who he previously thought Oliver had killed, was still running around alive. So, he’s been kind of obsessed with finding his brother’s killer and bringing him to his version of justice. That all comes to a head in ["Home Invasion"]," Guggenheim said. "But unfortunately, it comes to a head at the same time as Laurel is facing a new problem of her own. So Oliver finds himself torn in two different directions."

And while Laurel is never far from Oliver's mind, it's obvious that the writers are also paying attention to the sudden popularity of the "Olicity" dynamic. Guggenheim was recently teasing fans on Twitter with Oliver and Felicity quotes from upcoming episodes, and the executive producer admitted, "That's just been so much fun to do ... I had no idea it would be engendering such a response."

As for whether fans would be satisfied with those lines in context, Guggenheim was coy. "I think there’s a lot of really great moments between Oliver and Felicity in the final four episodes of the season. That’s really what people will respond to. There’s a scene that they share in Episode 22 where just the chemistry is just so palpable. I was actually just on set telling Stephen that you really feel there’s a lot of chemistry and heat between the two of them. So, the shippers are only going to get louder post-Episode 22."

Still, the EP added, "the final four episodes really are about this love triangle of Oliver, Laurel and Tommy. That’s the love triangle that we began the series with so we felt it appropriate to finish the season with a focus on it. That love triangle really starts to come to a boil with Wednesday’s episode, Episode 20. That kicks us off for the remaining three episodes of the season after that. The truth of the matter is that we sort of have to play that out first before we can play out Oliver and Felicity. But I love the fact that people are shipping them. It really is exciting. There’s nothing but love for Felicity among all the people involved in the show. So, stay tuned. But in the meantime, I gained a lot of satisfaction by teasing people."

Read on for our conversation with Rickards on her reaction to the Oliver/Felicity shippers and what's ahead for our favorite IT whiz, including a solo mission and characters she's hoping to work with.

People have really embraced Felicity so passionately, both in terms of her character and her chemistry with Oliver. What's your reaction been to that, being at the center of it all?
It’s so interesting to me because before Felicity, I haven’t been able to explore a character on TV as well as this, and seeing that evolve and watching the fans' reaction, watching the show, knowing what we felt in the scene, knowing what we felt reading it, is all strange along the same lines. It’s really interesting to see what people can pick up on. Because as Felicity, my first scene I ever did -- that I thought was going to be the only scene I was going to do with Oliver -- obviously I was thinking, “OK, Felicity thinks he’s hot.” He walks in there and he’s got that jaw and I’m sure he’s got abs, and I’m in glasses and a really unflattering pink-colored shirt -- which is flattering for Felicity. [Laughs.] I’m glad they want that to happen, because it’s the girl behind glasses trying to win the superhero, and that’s just sort of sweet. It would be nice for it to happen, but it’s also nice having the tension, because everyone loves the tension, the tightrope.

Marc has been teasing the fans on Twitter, throwing out Oliver and Felicity lines from Episodes 21 and 22 ...
He is good at that isn’t he? He has some good lines coming out.

Do you think they'll be what fans are expecting, in context? Do you think they'll be satisfying or disappointing when we actually see them?
I don’t think even I can guarantee Felicity’s delivery on any of these lines, because a lot of them are momentary. They only happen once a certain way, because they are all very unfiltered, those lines that Marc's giving out, with the underlying double entendres ... I think they'll always be happy with how they come out -- I sure hope so.

What can you preview about this week's episode and what Felicity will be up to when Deadshot resurfaces?
She’s doing her thing behind the computer. She’s tracking people, she’s finding people, she’s trying to help the team, and she’s also trying to keep the camaraderie and relationship between Oliver and Diggle and Felicity strong. She doesn’t want it to falter or tip more. With tension -- and breaking through tension -- in any sort of relationship, friendship, family, love, that sort of thing, you get through tension and it makes us stronger. I think what Felicity would always rather do is avoid tension completely. We get to see the balance of Felicity, Oliver and Diggle’s trio waiver. The scales are tipping.

Are the guys actually going to come to blows with Felicity caught in the middle?
Yeah, Felicity gets to spend a little bit more time with Oliver, which I’m sure everyone will be happy with, and she gets to spend time with Diggle too, and she’s trying to be neutral -- she's Switzerland. She knows that they need to figure it out, but she’s just trying to help it move along faster, because there are lives at stake. “Come on, guys! There are people going to die here. There are arrows being shot, and somebody has a gun!"

Next week's episode, "The Undertaking," will see Felicity's first mission in the field alone. What can you reveal about that?
We get to see her out in the field and she’s playing a character, which is also kind of fun. The character has a name actually, so that’s kind of cool. We get to see her sort of step across dangerous borders, and she’s voluntarily putting herself out there. She does volunteer herself to do it. It is extremely dangerous. She has her superhero on standby, but that is the last resort. Her going out on the field is a last resort, and Oliver coming into the field that she’s on is also a last resort, so there are stakes and danger with both situations. We do [also] get to find out a little bit more about Walter [Colin Salmon], and I think the audience will be really happy with where it leads.

We've seen Diggle and Oliver trying to train her in hand-to-hand combat. Is she going to be fighting while she's out in the field?
Not quite. She doesn’t get into close quarters combat quite yet. I think what the training with Diggle and Oliver is doing is building her confidence as well. Just being able to protect yourself in any sort of way or feeling strength, you do become more confident, and I think that’s really important for her. She does volunteer herself in this episode to go out on to the field, and that has to come from confidence. It has to come from some sort of self-security in some way. In Episode 3, there was no way that she was going to be, ”Hey, I’m going to go out and look at a gun." She would be like, “I’m never going to look at a gun ever.”

We don't know much about the penultimate episode, "Darkness on the Edge of Town." Is there anything you're allowed to tease?
The finale …people think it’s going to be big. It’s going to be huge. [Episode] 22 could be a finale -- 22 is also huge, so if you think 22 is huge, what is 23? I don't know: it's enormous.

Might we see a Dark Archer encounter before the end of the season? Obviously, she wouldn't be going head to head with him, but perhaps crossing paths?
We don’t see them going head to head. We do see Felicity learning more about the Dark Archer, as Diggle, Felicity and Oliver learn more about the Dark Archer ... There are episodes that are going to revolve around the Dark Archer, which is really fun, but no.

Felicity has mostly been involved with her core trio so far. Have you had the opportunity to work with characters outside of Diggle and Oliver in the final few episodes?
No Roy, no Thea -- hopefully in Season 2. We do get to see Felicity meet more characters out and about. I was thrilled, personally as a selfish Emily Rickard sort of thing: ”I get to work with more of the cast!” because we hang out, but working with them is totally different. So yeah, Felicity does get to meet more characters, and that’s exciting. It's just nice to see people meet ... I always find it really interesting watching people meet on the street, do you know what I mean? And we never actually get to see it unless you’re really looking for it, and you never really know who the people are, so it’s always interesting in a show or a movie to see characters meet, just cross paths, or say hi, or “Sorry, I bumped into you.” Those things are always really cool. I love that sort of stuff. Felicity gets to say hi to Laurel at some point, but you’ll have to watch for that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/2 ... 44718.html?

- Dentro de la fantástica isla de 'Arrow' (etonline.com)
Dentro de la fantástica isla de 'Arrow'
Por JARETT WIESELMAN 24 de Abril, 2013

Arrow returns from a brief-hiatus tonight with the first of four all-new episodes, leading up to the season finale, which co-star Celina Jade calls "epic." But before the final episode, boasting the eyebrow-raising title Sacrifice, we'll have plenty of island time as Jade's Shado continues to help Oliver Queen turn into Green Arrow!

ETonline caught up with Jade to talk Shado, her potential romance with Oliver and that aforementioned "epic" finale!

ETonline: How much did you know about the character when you auditioned?
Celina Jade: Absolutely nothing. When I auditioned, all I got was an episode synopsis [laughs]. I knew she was a captive and her father was held on the island -- for all I knew, it could have been one episode and that was it. Although I did do some research after I found out it was for Shado and learned who she was in the comic books.

ETonline: How closely has Shado on TV meshed with Shado in the comics?
Jade: The producers have taken creative liberties with the comic books, but she's similar in the sense that she's a skilled martial artist and an archer. In terms of her story, I don't know how her relationship with Oliver is going to develop, but there is a lot of romantic tension right now.

ETonline: Yes, there does seem to be a lot of flirting. How do you view their relationship?
Jade: I really see her as a bit of Mr. Miyagi from The Karate Kid. It's not tough love, it's not teaching him how to do martial arts -- she's very much about the philosophy of martial arts and mental strength. She's just started Oliver's training phase, and there's definitely romantic tension, but their main priority is to save her father and get off the island. It's tough -- they like each other but they need to focus on escaping.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/133281_Celin ... index.html

- J. August Richards Adelanta la llegada del misterioso Mr. Blank (thetvaddict.com):
J. August Richards Adelanta la llegada del misterioso Mr. Blank
Por Tiffany Vogt 24 de Abril, 2013

Some say villains are made and others say that they are born that way. But there is a school of thought that some villains choose their destiny regardless of their birthright or upbringing. This just may be the case with ARROW’s latest villain Mr. Blank. Born unable to connect with others, he relates only to his surroundings. Taking that unique ability, he found a decisively diabolical career for himself and put it to good use. In an exclusive interview, J. August Richards talked about trying to get into the mind of a sociopath, as well as what continues to draw him time and time again to the allure of genre television.

So who is Mr. Blank? Who is he and what can you share about him?
J: Mr. Blank is an assassin who has been hired to silence a few witnesses. That’s kind of how he crosses paths with Oliver. He takes his work very seriously and he lives his entire life to be invisible. As an actor that was just really interesting to delve into because I thought about how lonely that must be, and it also kind of explained to me why the character has no feelings towards people. Like the work that he has to do is not personal and he does not lament it at all. He just does it. Just like someone would enter numbers into a computer, that is what his work is to him. So it is a really interesting character to play. I don’t know why anybody thought I would be good for this part, but I really enjoyed doing it. I’m the sort of person who is very empathetic. So it was a reach, but a fun one.

I bet they were just fans of your work and they wanted to find an excuse to put you on the show.
J: (Laughs) That works for me too! Apparently Andrew Kreisberg said he saw my work on EMILY OWENS, M.D. and he thought of me for the part. I thought that was really, really cool. There no similarities between the characters, but it was really fun to do. I really enjoyed playing the villain.

What would you say was the one particular quality that you most admired about Mr. Blank?
J: You know what I really loved about this character — and I have to honest and say I feel funny admitting there is something I love about this character – but he can walk into a room and take the temperature instantly, and be 100% accurate. You know how you walk into a space in someone’s house and the space feels good, warm, inviting or if it doesn’t, it feels painful or sad – he can feel that immediately. Now he can’t feel anything for a person, but he can feel it for a room. I thought that was really, really cool.

How do you convey something like that, or do you just kind of stand there?
J: It’s so hard. ‘Cause when I first read the script, I was like, “Okay, we’re shutting off all emotion.” But then when I got to the parts or lines where he would be really analyzing a room, I thought, “No, no, no. This character is extremely dialed in.” He’s extremely emotionally available. Just not to people, only to spaces. And that was very difficult to turn off my extreme empathy and turn on my sensitivity to a space. That was very, very difficult, but fun. It was a great challenge.

Are we going to be seeing Mr. Blank in scenes with anyone besides Oliver?
J: My friend David Ramsey is on the show and unfortunately we never got to act together, which sucked for me ‘cause we’ve done probably three projects together – this being the third – and the other times we got to work together a lot. So we didn’t work together at all this time. I did a brief scene with Katie [Cassidy], a brief scene with Willa [Holland], as well as Colton [Haynes]. But not much at all. Really the majority of my stuff was with Steven [Amell].

It is almost unbelievable that you missed working with David since his character interacts the most closely with Oliver.
J: I know. I know! That really sucked.

What did it feel like to return to the genre a little bit after a couple years working on legal shows?
J: Actually, I did a fair number of appearances on genre shows like WAREHOUSE 13 and THE 4400, in addition to my work on ANGEL. I really enjoy working in sci-fi because I really feel like you are really required to act. That’s what I love about sci-fi. Sci-fi always has these large themes going on that you do not always get in contemporary dramas. So you really get to play those things out as well as you have to create so much. So it really feels like I’m really getting act when I do science fiction projects.

So when you heard they wanted you to guest on ARROW, did you think, “Oh thank god, I’m going back to genre!”?
J: (Laughs) Yes, and I’m a fan of the show. So that was a plus. The truth is: yes. Especially after I read the script because there’s a lot of stunts and there is just a massive fight scene with Stephen that I got to do. That I love. I don’t know what it is; maybe it’s ‘cause when I was a little boy I played “Star Wars” all the time and me and my friends would fight each other with fake lightsabers. But I just love fight scenes and I love stunts, and when I saw that I was getting to do that, I was in immediately.

So you find sci-fi to be more physically active and a richer tapestry emotionally for you when you do those kinds of characters within the genre?
J: Definitely both. The important thing is your work in science fiction must really be grounded in reality. For example, when I was doing ANGEL, my character hated vampires and I saw it almost like a form of racism in a way, like hating a group. So I thought, “While my character really hates a group, so what group do I hate?” I really wanted to make it real for myself, but my problem was I don’t hate any group. In fact, I feel like my purpose on Earth is to end racism or any kind of –ism. I’m really against any bad feelings towards any kind of group. But then I thought, “Oh, there actually is a group I do hate and that’s bigots of any kind.” So in my mind I kind of transferred the vampires and made them bigots. That’s how I was able to find the fire and the hate. So I find in science fiction you have to come from a real place and find real motivations to make the world real for yourself.

ARROW is really fond of its villains. Is there a particular villain on the show that you’re fond of?
J: Deadshot is very cool, obviously.

Would you have enjoy it if Mr. Blank and Deadshot had a scene together?
J: Absolutely. I’ve love a fight scene with him.

Did you see your character Mr. Blank as a villain or did you see him as something else?
J: No. I definitely saw him as a working guy. He’s a guy who takes his work very seriously and I’m a guy who takes my work very seriously. So I never ever saw him as a villain. I saw him as someone with a job to do.

There has been an interesting trend where some villains see themselves as a hero, like they saw what they were trying to do as good. Did you sense that was a part of Mr. Blank’s motivation?
J: Absolutely not. I do not think he falls into that category. I know that character well ‘cause a lot of times I feel like I’m put in that role where I play characters like that a lot. Very gray characters. But this character I just saw as performing a task, which is actually more diabolical than anything. This is just work to him. Nothing personal. It’s: “I’ve been hired to complete a service. This is my business.” That was the phrase I used in my own mind a lot: “This is my business – and I have to protect my business.” And he just saw it as a business as any other. Now that’s very difficult for a person like me who’s very empathetic, but that’s how I had to see it.

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2013/04/24/a ... -mr-blank/

- Stephen Amell Teases Oliver's Relationships and the End of Season 1 (givememyremoteTV):

- Stephen habla sobre ARROW, el cliffhanger de la Season Finale, la pelea entre Oliver y Malcolm, Comic-Con, Season 2, y más (collider.com):
Stephen habla sobre ARROW, el cliffhanger de la Season Finale, la pelea entre Oliver y Malcolm, Comic-Con, Season 2, y más
por Christina Radish 24 de Abril, 2013 at 10:16 am

With just three episodes left until the Season 1 finale of The CW drama series Arrow, things are about to get epic, and there are sure to be twists and turns and shocking reveals, as everything is coming to a head. With life-threatening decisions, extreme danger, sacrifices and huge life questions, not everyone might make it out alive.

During this recent interview to discuss what’s to come, actor Stephen Amell (who plays billionaire playboy Oliver Queen, aka Arrow) talked about the journey he’s been on this season, why Oliver and Diggle (David Ramsey) have a bit of a falling out, that the Oliver-Laurel (Katie Cassidy)-Tommy (Colin Donnell) love triangle will be coming back into play, the inevitable showdown between Oliver Queen and Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman), how close Thea (Willa Holland) and Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) might get to the vigilante, how big of a role The Undertaking will have, how much fun it was to do some pre-island flashbacks, the inevitability that individuals from the island will show up in the present day, the significant cliffhanger in the finale, just how much he actually knows about Season 2, and how excited he is for Comic-Con this year. Check out what he had to say, and be aware that there are some spoilers.

Question: Now that you’ve finished filming Season 1, when you think back to the beginning, did you think that you’d be here, at the end of a season, with another one set to go?

STEPHEN AMELL: I think of it a little bit differently. When you’re shooting the pilot, you can see the end of it because it’s three weeks long. But, I could not have imagined, on July 18th, which was our first day of Episode 2 and what I consider the start of our season because, to me, the pilot is a separate entity, there is no way I could have thought forward to where we are now, 22 episodes later. There was a nice synchronicity because the director of our second episode, David Barrett, directed our finale. When we were shooting the second episode, we were expecting the same amount from the pilot with half the time and less than half the money, and I remember David Barrett basically grabbing everybody by the scruff of their neck and going, “We’re going!” And he did the same thing with the finale. The finale was 10 days and so much bigger than our typical episode, so it was good to have him back. But no, I couldn’t have anticipated being here. We didn’t even know there was going to be the full season, at that point.

When did the success set in?

AMELL: The success aspect, I need a lot of distance from. Hopefully, I’ll get a little bit, during the off season, just to think about the season, in totality. It broke down into the stretch of time from mid-July until mid-October, when the show prepared, and that shortly thereafter, it was sometime around Episode 10 or 11 that we got the pick-up for the back nine episodes. And then, I focused on getting to the Christmas break. When I came back from the Christmas break, we had 11 or12 weeks of hard work. Now, here we are.

So, Diggle and Oliver have some sort of conflict, coming up, that leads to Felicity helping out Oliver?

AMELL: That’s Episode 21. Oliver and Diggle have a little bit of a falling out because Diggle is really after getting Floyd Laughton (aka Deadshot) and is becoming a little bit obsessive, and Oliver doesn’t share the same commitment because there’s still an overall goal. That rubs Diggle the wrong way. So, at least momentarily, he is not at my disposal and I have to send young Miss Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) into the field.

Is Oliver concerned about losing himself to the Hood?

AMELL: As things ramp up towards the season finale, he’s just focused more and more on the task at hand. Whether it’s his father’s list, the glyph, how it relates to The Glades, or the looming specter of Tommy knowing his secrets, there’s not a lot of time for him to have perspective right now. That’s why so many things are probably about to come crashing down.

Will the love triangle come back into play before the end of the season?

AMELL: Love triangles very rarely stay quiet for very long. It’s less between Oliver and Laurel this week, then it is between Oliver and Tommy. We’re going to get some clarification about how he feels, this week. But, I would expect to see Oliver and Laurel together a lot more, before the end of the season, and that’s not good for Tommy.

What would Oliver do, if he had to actually go up against Tommy?

AMELL: I think that he would do everything that he possibly can to avoid that happening, but if it were to happen, Oliver wouldn’t want to hurt him. Oliver never wanted Tommy to be involved. Everything that had happened before that had been by design. Telling Diggle was by design. Telling Felicity was a little bit earlier than expected, but by design. Telling Tommy was a life-or-death situation where Oliver didn’t want to sit with the guilt of letting Tommy’s father die because he needed to protect his secret. In a split-second decision, he did it, and he’s paying the piper because of it, unfortunately.

Does it come down to a showdown between Oliver Queen and Malcolm Merlyn?

AMELL: We had the fight in Episode 9, and there are a couple of fights to go. It’s wonderful because we have this entire mythology for the season. In Episode 21, we’ve announced that we’re flashing back to before Oliver sets sail on the Queen’s Gambit with his dad, and the entire mythology of our first season and the reason almost everybody is doing what they’re doing is laid out by Barrowman, in this very eloquent, John Barrowman-esque monologue. It’s nice because it pays off what we’ve been setting up. Just as a viewer, I would like it because you sit there and you go, “Oh, wow! These guys had a plan.” We had a plan, from the moment that we saw Malcolm in the fourth episode. Even the glyph in the second episode was the first connection where Moira sits in the car. All of that is coming home to roost right now.

Now that Roy Harper is going to become obsessed with finding The Hood, what will viewers be seeing with Oliver and Roy?

AMELL: We don’t see a ton of myself and Roy Harper this year, but there is one really good scene. I love the end of seasons, in general, that tie everything off and make you go, “Wow, where is it going to go?!” Just when you think there’s nothing, you sprinkle in a few little things. Whether it’s Diggle’s involvement with a certain organization, that you’ll see over the next couple of episodes, or me confronting Roy with Thea right there, while we are services a lot of our storylines for Season 1, you do start to see little Easter eggs along the way for Season 2.

What will viewers see in the finale, on the island side of things?

AMELL: It’s actually a two-part finale. We see the island in Episode 20, and then we actually take a break from the island in Episode 21 because the flashbacks are to before the island. Episodes 22 and 23, on the island, could have been one continuous thing, and I actually wish we shot it that way. I’m pitching that for next year. It’s the culmination of Edward Fyers and his plan, and it’s a moment of transcendence for Oliver.

What can you say about the pre-island flashbacks? Was it fun to play that version of Oliver Queen?

AMELL: It was really fun. I’d never really played that guy before, except for one real quick scene in the pilot. It went really well. Both Marc [Guggenheim] and Andrew [Kreisberg] had wished that we’d gotten to shoot more of it. I got to shoot some stuff with Katie [Cassidy]. It was just fun to play that character, and to be carefree. I think the one who really shines in that episode, for me, in a character that we’ve never seen, is Susanna Thompson. She’s wonderful in the episode because she just plays Moira Queen, the doting mother. She’s not privy to all of this conspiratorial behavior. She just loves her children and loves her husband and she’s just really happy-go-lucky. But, it was fun shooting the Oliver stuff.

Will viewers see much of his relationship with his dad?

AMELL: You’ll see a couple exchanges. The most we see, with respect to the relationship with his father, is the actual sequence between the two of them on the boat. He knows that Oliver is a little bit of a philanderer. He’s brought Sarah on the boat and his father is saying, “That’s not the best idea,” and also giving him the secret high-five underneath the table.

Will viewers see a really different side of Oliver in those flashbacks?

AMELL: It was an interesting exercise for me. We do get a little bit of the backstory, as to why Oliver would make such a decision to have Sarah come on the boat with him.

Did that have anything to do with Tommy?

AMELL: No.

In Episode 22, you introduce Dr. Markov. What can you say about that?

AMELL: We get the explanation as to what Dr. Markov’s purpose is, in Episode 21. And then, the realization of who he is, is pretty immediate in Episode 22. It’s so immediate that I really can’t say anything.

How do you think Oliver would react, if Shado or Slade showed up in the present day?

AMELL: It does sort of seem like an inevitability that eventually some aspect of the island will touch Oliver’s life in the present day. Really, just name a character from the island, whether it’s Slade, Shado, Edward Fyers, Yao Fei. If any of those people showed up in the present day, I think that would be awesome. I’m a huge fan of Lost and the most interesting switch in the storyline, for me, was when we found out they got off the island and it made you go, “Okay, that’s interesting. They got off the island. How did they get off the island?” Let’s say that Shado showed up in the present day, and she and Oliver had all of this history that they were discussing, and maybe they hugged and kissed when she showed up. But then, you switch back to the island and you start going, “Wait, how did this happen?,” because maybe their characters are in a very different place. From a story standpoint, that would be really fun. And as an acting exercise, that would be cool because you can’t play to what you know is coming. It has to happen naturally.

At this point, how much do you actually know about Season 2?

AMELL: Oh, I know stuff! I’ve asked questions. I think the story on the island is really mapped out. If you talk with Andrew and Marc, they would say that this year, in Episode 5, when we introduced Edward Fyers and faux Deathstroke, Billy Wintergreen, and Yao Fei rescued me and I was tortured a little bit, that was when they really discovered what the island could be, and we’ve pushed it that far. But, I think they have a really cool idea and really have it mapped out, for what the island is going to be in Season 2. That will, hopefully, push us towards a couple of the episodes, like Episode 14, where it’s a little bit more island-centric. As for Season 2 in the present day, I kinda know where we find Moira, Detective Lance and Laurel, but I have no idea where Oliver is, at all. They had an idea for the first scene, but it’s something different than you would ever expect. I don’t know when Comic-Con is, in relation to when we start our season, but I hope it’s something that we can film and just air as a 90-second teaser at Comic-Con. It would be one of those, “Oh, my god!,” moments.

Are you excited for Comic-Con, now that you have a season behind you?

AMELL: I am excited! And I’m more excited for everyone to see the last four episodes. Breaks are terrible. I understand why they’re necessary, but I’m so proud of the last four episodes, and the last two in particular, that I just want everybody to see them.

What’s going to surprise viewers about The Undertaking, what it really is, and what it means for the city?

AMELL: The depths of everyone’s involvement. We don’t promise anything in the show and not deliver. We’re not going to promise this massive thing that you would call The Undertaking, and have it be this little teeny-tiny thing. Even if you think of what it could be in your mind, it’s bigger than that. It’s this massive thing, and I’m glad that it pays off the way that it does.

Felicity has a crush on Oliver, but what does he think about her?

AMELL: I think that every day that he sees Felicity, he finds out how capable she is. They have to work very closely together, in Episode 21 and Episode 22. By the time we get to Episode 22 and 23, with the stakes as high as they are, it’s not the IT girl in the Arrow cave. She is a member of the team, on equal footing with myself and with Diggle, and we need her as much as she needs us, in this scenario. I think that Oliver sees her as an equal, and as a very capable individual. Just based on her knowing more about him than just about anyone, at this point in his present day life, she could probably challenge me in ways that other people can’t, and that’s always attractive.

Do you think he sees her in a sisterly way, or as a woman?

AMELL: I think he sees her as a woman.

How does Tommy leaving the club to go work for his dead affect things now?

AMELL: At this point, Oliver actually encouraged Tommy to try to develop a relationship with his father. He doesn’t know anything about Malcolm Merlyn, other than maybe he could be a better dad. He certainly doesn’t suspect anything to the affect of him being slightly evil, let alone the other Archer. I think Oliver would support it because, ultimately, Oliver wants Tommy to be happy and stand on his own. Should he come to learn anything about Tommy’s father, he may feel differently.

Is there any chance Oliver would put on a mask instead of just make-up?

AMELL: I think there is a chance, actually. We really view Oliver, right now, as The Hood or Arrow 1.0. He’s living in the year 2013 and he’s using a wood bow that he made on the island. Things are going to change with him, as time goes on. You’ve always gotta introduce new gadgets. That’s what Felicity is gonna be for. She’s gonna research some cool new thing that I’ll use. So, I do think that there could be a mask. I know that there’s no firm plans for it, but Andrew and Marc are not saying, “Absolutely no mask, ever!” It’s an evolutionary thing.

What’s Thea’s role, in these last episodes?

AMELL: Well, we don’t see a great deal of Thea in Episode 21 because it certainly has more flashbacks and longer flashbacks than we’re accustomed to. We wanted to tell the origin story of the season. But, Thea and Roy are on the trail of the vigilante. If the police can’t just catch him, they’re not going to catch him, but Oliver does catch wind of it, before the end of the season. That leads to some interesting interactions between the three of them. And then, it’s time for Thea, in the finale, to actually really stand on her own and have some heroic moments of her own. And Willa [Holland] continues to impress. I think it’s really fantastic because Willa is such a wonderful actor. I feel like she’s just sitting there, waiting to be really utilized. In the first few episodes, she was trying to get me to open up, and then we basically stopped having meaningful, adult conversations. That’s something Oliver and Thea never had. She was 12, or thereabouts, when he left on the Queen’s Gambit. I think it would be very exciting, in coming seasons, to put them more on an adult-level relationship because she is so capable and is going to be a huge asset for the show, even more so than now.

What percentage of the stunts do you do yourself?

AMELL: It’s pretty high, right now. We were making fun of my stunt double because, for the last three or four days of the finale, he didn’t do anything. When it came time for the sequence that opens the finale, where I’m chained up, he didn’t do a thing, and that’s an incredibly physical sequence. That’s because I’m getting better and the stunt coordinator and fight choreographer are getting more attuned to what I’m able to do, when they design these sequences. They’re given a great deal of freedom to choreograph them, and they are starting to play to my strengths a little bit, so I’m getting to do a ton.

Is that because you’re a competitive guy?

AMELL: Yes!

How are you preparing for Season 2 now?

AMELL: Gosh, we just wrapped Season 1, like 45 minutes ago! I’m going to go away to relax. I’m not necessarily tired at a superficial level. I’ve been getting decent amounts of sleep. I had two days off, during the finale. And I had a couple of days where I was just in a big scene, not all the big scenes. But, I think I’m structurally tried. I need to unwind a little bit. When it comes time for Season 2, I just know that, even if it’s a bigger season, which it will be, and it’s more physically demanding, which it will be, and it’s more fast-paced, which it will be, it will never be as hard as Season 1. The producers did a really good job this year, molding the rest of our cast into people that can carry episodes at a time. I don’t think any part of the fan base would complain, if all of a sudden, we announced that we were going to have a Diggle-centric episode. I think people would be legitimately excited. David [Ramsey] has earned the right for that, and I hope he gets it. And I don’t even want to single him out. So, I would like to think that Season 2 will be a little bit more like the finale of Season 1, where so many people have important storylines and so many things are coming to fruition that, while I am busy, it won’t be non-stop.

Where will the Arrow cave trio be left, at the end of this season?

AMELL: By the time we get to the finale, we get to see Diggle, Felicity and Oliver as a fully functioning, no hierarchy, all in it for each other team. It took Oliver five years to turn into what he was when he showed up in the pilot episode. And the producers have always said that, as much as fans want to see Katie [Cassidy] put on fishnets and immediately turn into Black Canary, that would disservice what we tried to prove with Oliver’s storyline. It takes time. So, we’re getting to see these characters evolve. With Diggle and Felicity being privy to this world, we’re going to continue to see them become more and more capable.

Do you feel like there’s no hierarchy with the island storyline as well, by the end of the season?

AMELL: There is a lot of synchronicity between Shado, Slade and Oliver, and Diggle, Felicity and Oliver.

In the middle of the season, Oliver had it out with his mom, but then things settled down between them. How will her involvement with The Undertaking become an issue?

AMELL: At the end of Episode 14, Oliver said specifically, “We don’t know what The Undertaking is, and until we do, she is off limits.” We’re going to find out what The Undertaking is soon, and if she’s involved, it’s not going to just go quietly into the night. So much of the season has just been people with facades. There’s the one that Oliver puts up for his family, the one that Moira puts up for her family, and the one that Malcolm puts up for Tommy. All of those, towards the last two episodes, just melt away because danger is so perilously close. So, we get to see characters interacting in a way that they haven’t, all season.

Do you think Oliver will move out of his mom’s house, anytime soon?

AMELL: God, I hope so! Even if the season ends with them skipping down the yellow brick road together, and they’re happy-go-lucky, he’s 30 years old and needs to get his own apartment.

There are various possibilities for who could be Arrow’s sidekick. Is there any chance it could end up being both Thea and Roy, and just having a big team of people helping him out?

AMELL: Of course! Things just continue to get bigger and bigger. Before the start of the second episode, you’d be wondering if Oliver would let anyone know his secret. Now, he’s let 5 people know. One of them didn’t survive, so there are four people that exist in the world, right now, who know his secret, let alone people that may be lurking around from the island, that know what he’s been up to. I don’t think it would be responsible to have any sort of cap on the size of the team that he will use or might need.

Will viewers see any more heroes that might be out there?

AMELL: There is a wonderful tease at the beginning of the finale, with respect to origins that Oliver has, that we don’t know about yet, that have happened after the conclusion of Season 1 on the island and certainly before the beginning of the pilot. It’s some really cool stuff.

How much of a cliffhanger will there be in the season finale?

AMELL: Please let people know that Episode 22 is not our season finale. There is enough in Episode 22, both in the present and on the island, that you could just say, “Okay, that’s it! I need a break until October.” The totality of the island sequences in the season finale, the final scene of the season and the penultimate showdown, however that happens, were shot in the last three days. And the cliffhanger is significant.

Is there a chance that not everyone will come our of Season 1 alive?

AMELL: There’s always a chance. It is Season 1. Really crazy stuff is happening, and no one is ever safe.

Will viewers be left to ponder anyone’s fate, over the summer?

AMELL: No.

http://collider.com/arrow-season-2-step ... interview/

- Emily Bett Rickards sobre los intensos episodios finales: 'Esperemos que no tengáis un ataque al corazón' (hollywoodreporter.com):
Emily Bett Rickards sobre los intensos episodios finales: 'Esperemos que no tengáis un ataque al corazón'
Por Philiana Ng 24/04/2013

After starting off on The CW superhero drama as a supporting player, the doe-eyed, socially inept tech whiz aiding Oliver Queen/Arrow (Stephen Amell) with his technological inefficiencies became a fan favorite, to the point where producers made Felicity part of the series' central mythology -- and promoted actress Emily Bett Rickards to series regular status.

For Rickards, the response was a shock to the system. "I didn't really understand what a fanbase meant," Rickards admits to The Hollywood Reporter. "I'm glad I'm playing a character who's intelligent and brave and facing huge situations, and being real in how she's facing them."

STORY: 'Arrow': Colton Haynes on Roy Harper's Journey and Season Finale

One of the few people aware of Oliver's double life, Felicity will be facing another big test when she heads back out onto the field, a task she's (hopefully) better prepared for in her second go-around. In a chat with THR, Rickards previews Felicity's return to danger, more "Olicity" moments and why viewers should prepare themselves for the final episodes of the season.

The Hollywood Reporter: Congratulations on becoming a series regular for season two. Have you thought about what next season could bring for you and your character?

Emily Bett Rickards: I get to learn more about Felicity. It's funny when I wrapped on Friday (April 12), I was like, "Wait a second, so am I saying goodbye to her for three months? How does that work?" I'm playing with that right now. I'd be so sad if I had to say goodbye forever. I'd probably be crying right now.

THR: Can you talk a little bit about the Oliver and Felicity moments? Those tend to bring out another side to Oliver that we don't see a lot of.

Rickards: The moments between Oliver and Felicity, they're interesting because they really organically happened when Stephen and I are on-set. Stephen and I don't talk about "Olicity," and Felicity and Oliver don't talk about Olicity. It's really interesting. I've never been able to explore a character this deeply especially going into the second season. Those moments are proof of a friendship, which is important in any relationship too, that's just going to grow and become stronger and more honest.

THR: Felicity gets back into the field in an upcoming episode. What should we expect there?

Rickards: She ventures out once again. We saw in episode 15, she was all dolled up in an art gallery with her bomb collar and that was the first time we saw Felicity in the field, which she didn't quite like because she had a bomb collar around her neck. She volunteers to do it again in episode 21. There's a huge period of time [between], and she's been training with Diggle (David Ramsey) and Oliver, learning more and she's significantly more involved since [episode] 15 for her own morals and judgments. She's changing in how she looks at things. She's becoming more emotionally involved in what is going on with the undertaking, the book, the Glades. She wants to protect people who are going out in the field. She puts her life at risk. She's not working behind a computer, she's dealing with people, which is hard for her.

THR: With her being so socially awkward?

Rickards: She's extremely socially awkward, but I think that's why it's so important for her to go out. You go and you face your fears, and that's maybe the simplest fear -- not to be underrated -- because there are lives at stake and there are guns all around. There are a lot of armed people around, lots of danger when she goes out and she's doing it by herself, so that'll be interesting for the audience.

THR: Will she get herself into a bind?

Rickards: She needs help and she gets help. You've seen her do a little bit of training. You've seen her fall on a mat with Diggle and Oliver, but what we can expect, looking at Felicity she's not going to be able to take on a big, bulky guy. There's just no way. She's going to need help if she gets into a terrible situation which might happen.

THR: Will different shades of Felicity be uncovered?

Rickards: What I like about when she goes out the second time, she is able to fully commit. She becomes braver, she realizes she can play a character and do this, that she doesn't have to be herself.

THR: It seems like on any given day, one other person is let in on Oliver's secret that he's Arrow. Is there a limit to how many people can know?

Rickards: In "The Huntress Returns" we had Felicity, Diggle, Tommy (Colin Donnell) and Helena (Jessica De Gouw) all on-set and in the same scene -- we're coming in and out of the Foundry -- and you could just see Oliver be like "There are too many people who know my secret!" That's extremely dangerous for his protection and our protection. He's playing a dangerous game with people he's telling.

THR: How would you describe the final episodes of the season?

Rickards: When we get to episode 22, Stephen has said this too: It is so big that it can be the finale. You would expect that to be the end, and then we're going to episode 23, and it's even bigger. If we ran both episodes 22 and 23 on the same night, there'd be a lot of strokes happening. [Laughs]

THR: Any specific moments you can point to?

Rickards: There are some Olicity moments, don't worry, and there's a really nice Diggle/Felicity moment too. You get to see her be introduced to a few more characters on the show. I can tell you she doesn't meet Roy [Harper, played by Colton Haynes]. People are expecting her to meet Roy in this season and she doesn't.

THR: Where does Felicity end up at the end of the season?

Rickards: The season finale's called "Sacrifice." If the audience wants to play treasure hunter and really look at the title, every single character in the show is sacrificing something huge. I think every scene you break down, there's a huge sacrifice. You guys will be invested in it, and heartbroken and moved and hopefully you don't have a stroke.

THR: Have the producers given any clues as to what's in store for Felicity and Oliver's partnership in season two?

Rickards: What I know is she's a strong part of that team. She is Team Vigilante, Team Arrow. She is that and I know that. I haven't been given any clues about Olicity, I don't know who Felicity is going to be meeting.

THR: What do you want to see in the new season?

Rickards: I want to see Felicity's home life. I would love for the fans to see her -- for my own selfish purposes -- do some combat. I would love to work with our stunt director.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... nal-444885

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 1.23 "Sacrifice":
1.23 "Sacrifice": LOS HÉROES ESTÁN FORJADOS Y LOS SACRIFICIOS HECHOS EN ESTA ÉPICA SEASON FINALE — Oliver (Stephen Amell) y Diggle (David Ramsey) corren para detener a Dark Archer (John Barrowman) de desatar su venganza en The Glades. Sin embargo, chocan contra una barricada después de que el Detective Lance (Paul Blackthorne) haya cogido a Felicity para interrogarla. La ya tumultuosa relación entre Tommy (Colin Donnell) y Oliver toma un giro a peor después de que Oliver haga una confesión sobre Laurel (Katie Cassidy). Después de escuchar sobre el peligro en The Glades, Thea (Willa Holland)) corre para encontrar a Roy (Colton Haynes), poniéndose a sí misma en peligro sin darse cuenta al poners en la línea de fuego para el diabólico plan de Malcolm (John Barrowman). En la isla, Oliver, Slade (Manu Bennett) y Shado (la estrella invitada Celina Jade) se ven encerrados en una lucha a vida o muerte contra Fyers (la estrella invitada Sebastian Dunn) cuando sus misiles fijan su atención en una compañía aérea completa de Ferris. Susanna Thompson también aparece. David Barrett dirige el episodio con guión de Marc Guggenheim & Andrew Kreisberg e historia de Greg Berlanti (#123).

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-seaso ... tion/13970

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 1x21 Promo "The Undertaking" (HD):

- Arrow 1x21 Extended Promo - The Undertaking [HD]:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 1.20 "Home Invasion" y los enlaces del 1.19 "Unfinished Business" en español. Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ.

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills 1.22 "Darkness on the Edge of Town":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas Imágenes BTS del rodaje del episodio 1.22 (07-04-13):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

http://yvrshoots.com/2013/04/shoot-step ... -1x22.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo póster promocional:

Imagen

- Stills 1.23 "Sacrifice":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Primer vistazo al final de 'Arrow': El cara a cara entre Stephen Amell y John Barrowman (zap-2-it):
Primer vistazo al final de 'Arrow': El cara a cara entre Stephen Amell y John Barrowman
Por Carina Adly MacKenzie 29 de April, 2013 7:00 PM ET

Get ready for a rollercoaster of a season finale, "Arrow" fans. Oliver (Stephen Amell) has revealed his deep dark secret to several characters over the course of the season, and in the upcoming episode "Darkness On The Edge of Town," his identity will become clear to one more person in his life. Unfortunately, this time, it's not on Oliver's terms at all.

We've got an early look at these photos from the opening scene of the episode, in which Oliver and Malcolm (John Barrowman) come face-to-face... without their faces obscured by their usual vigilante get-ups.

"I start the season finale chained up and left for dead," Stephen Amell confirms. "I'm chained up to the ceiling ... I'm chained up by Mr. Barrowman. Now, in the photos, he is not wearing a mask, and neither am I. Everything is out in the open between us."

The revelation that Malcolm is the Dark Archer that nearly took Oliver out early in the season comes as a brutal shock to our hero.

"The neat thing about the finale is that so much of this season ... has just been [about] people with facades," Amell says. "The one that Oliver puts up for his family, the one that Moira puts up for her family, the one that [Malcolm] puts up for Tommy. All of those, toward the last two episodes, just melt away, because danger is so perilously close. We get to see characters interacting in a way that they haven't all season."

With Oliver incapacitated by Malcolm, the rest of Team Arrow is going to be put to work. That means Diggle and Felicity have to step up. "By the time we get to the finale we get to see [Diggle, Felicity, and Oliver] as a fully-functioning, no hierarchy, all in it for each other team," Amell says.

Of course, Diggle and Felicity have been training, but they're not quite as sharp as Oliver at this point, so they're in for a tough ride when Oliver gets... detained. "It took Oliver 5 years to turn into what he was when he showed up in the pilot episode," says Amell. "As much as fans want to see Katie put on fishnets and immediately turn into Black Canary, that would disservice what we tried to prove with Oliver's storyline, which is that it takes time. So we're getting to see these characters evolve. With Diggle and Felicity being privy to this world, we're going to continue to see them become more and more capable."

So the question remains: How does Oliver end up tied up without his shirt? (Not that we don't appreciate it.) Tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m. EST to find out.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... e-off.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 1x21 Sneak Peek #1 : "The Undertaking" [HD]:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- John Barrowman Adelanta el regreso de The Dark Archer (tvfanatic.com):
John Barrowman Adelanta el regreso de The Dark Archer
por Jim Halterman 30 de Abril, 2013 2:06 PM

As you saw from the just-released photos from the Arrow season finale, things are going to heat up between Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) and Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) over the next two week.

Just how much – and how it plays out – remains to be seen.

But what of Malcolm’s relationship with his son, Tommy (Colin Donnell) or Queen’s mother, Moira (Susanna Thompson)?

I sat down with the always-fun John Barrowman last week to break down what’s ahead on the final episodes, whether we’ll see Malcolm in Season 2 of the CW hit and to see if he would tell us anything about his hush-hush role on Scandal Season 2...

----------------------------------------

TV Fanatic: Is anything Malcolm is doing for his son, or is it all self-serving?
John Barrowman: I can’t tell you. I can’t tell you. If I were to tell you that, it would be a huge spoiler because in the next three episodes that we have to go, you’re going to find out a lot that is revealed about Malcolm, why he is doing what he is doing, who he is doing it for and what his realizations are while he’s doing it and what others’ realizations are while he’s doing it.

TVF: Is this maybe like a big soliloquy or monologue where you explain everything? Stephen talked about it during our Q&A last week.
JB: I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because of my age bracket now. I get all the words.

TVF: So Tommy has come back to the business. What’s their relationship like? Better or worse?
JB: It progresses.

TVF: In a good way?
JB: It progresses in a good way, yeah, because this is John talking here, and I’ve spoken to Andrew Kreisberg about this. The thing’s that’s interesting is Malcolm doesn’t know that Oliver is the Arrow. So, Malcolm has always seen Oliver being this young man who’s been forthright with business and doing stuff. Malcolm would have actually liked Oliver to be his son. That’s the attitude that I’ve had. That’s why he looks at Oliver and sees him as a second son. That’s why Moira always looks at Tommy as a second son also, so there’s that family bond even though we’re not blood family.

You see the relationship between Tommy develop. You also see the things between Oliver develop. Again, I don’t want to spoil it because it goes a lot further. And some shocks, and some really amazing action stuff.

The Dark Archer, he comes back, of course. Of course, there’s more confrontation, and Malcolm is desperate to show that to Tommy.

TVF: Let’s talk about Malcolm and Moira because there’s definitely some stuff going on between them. What can you say about their interactions in the coming episodes?
JB: There’s a lot more to come. Moira and Malcolm’s relationship will develop even further…Susanna and I have always played, there’s been something more. Even if you just go back and look at stuff, the way I’ve touched her hair or put my hand on her knee. I’ve done something, and I’ve done that deliberately because, speaking as Malcolm and Moira, I couldn’t have that relationship if it was just a superficial business relationship.

In my head, I created this whole story. Not saying what’s going to happen, but to me, this is again, fan boy John talking, this has not been any of the writing and producers, there’s a bigger story there, I think. Who knows what’s going to happen with that, but Malcolm adores her yet would threaten her to the point of that he’s going to do it, but I don’t think he ever would. I really don’t, and I think that’s why she knows she can push and push and push because he knows she’s never going to follow. She’s worried more for her kids and her family, not for herself.

TVF: So even if he knows that she’s tried to off him, that’s not going to push him in that direction?
JB: I play it like it turns him on a little bit. The fact that she’s got as big of balls as he does to stand up to him and try and kill him, ‘f***ing good for you, girl. I’m going to stand up with you, and I like you ever more.’

TVF: I saw Marc Guggenheim at WonderCon and asked, “will we see Mr. Barrowman in season two?” He said he would love that, and that’s pretty much all he would say. Would you like to explore Malcolm more than what you get to in these first season episodes?
JB: Yes.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/04/john-b ... ious-role/

- Felicity Smoak de Arrow: ¿Amarla o dejarla? (TVGuide):
Felicity Smoak de Arrow: ¿Amarla o dejarla?
Por Natalie Abrams 30 de Abril, 2013 08:42 PM ET

Oliver's Scooby Gang on Arrow has expanded over Season 1 to include stylish hacker Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards). While many cheered the news that Rickards was being promoted to series regular next year, TVGuide.com's Sadie Gennis couldn't help but roll her eyes in dread. Although Sadie often feels like the minority in her frustration with Felicity, she's finally gotten the nerve to speak out against Starling City's go-to IT girl. Of course, TVGuide.com's resident comic-book expert Natalie Abrams couldn't let her diss Felicity without a fight. Check out their arguments for and against Felicity below.

Sadie Says: I don't want Oliver to have a moral compass. My love of psychopaths and Oliver's (Stephen Amell) darker side is well-documented, so why would I want him to have a bigger conscience? And that's exactly what Felicity brings to the gang. Since returning from the island, Ollie's dead eyes have already bid adieu as Oliver has adjusted to real life and become naturally sympathetic toward others (all without losing his edge, thank God). That's mainly thanks to Diggle (David Ramsey), who's provided just enough ethical grounding to keep our hero nice and bad. We don't need yet another outside force guilt-tripping Oliver over his vengeful nature. Just let him do his thing! Everything was going fine before Felicity came in on her high horse, because when it comes down to it, no one wants a domesticated vigilante.

Natalie Says: Felicity is needed to keep Oliver from turning into Showtime's serial killer Dexter. Sure, Diggle has been able to provide some moral balance for Oliver, but even he isn't perfect, as evidenced by his path for vengeance against Deadshot. When it comes to vigilantes, there's a fine line between justice and revenge — a line that Oliver constantly walks — but thanks to Felicity, who has always held Oliver to a higher standard, he toes the line without becoming the villain. Because who really wants to see Oliver end up being the bad guy?

Sadie Says: Felicity's quirk is only good in small doses. Felicity's scenes with Oliver often bring a smile to my face, because after so much murder it's refreshing to hear a joke or two. But while I applaud her ability to lighten the mood, the idea of Felicity being around even more next season makes me cringe. Her quips themselves may be clever, but there's something about the way Rickards delivers her lines that both frustrates and bores me. I can't help but compare her to other female TV hackers and sleuths (especially my beloved Veronica Mars and Mac), who infused every line with such personality and sass, whereas Felicity is just sort of ... there. Instilling Arrow with any more of her quirk (especially the overly contrived "Look at me! I'm different!" moments) will have me reaching for the mute button.

Natalie Says: Have patience and appreciation for Felicity's quirks. To be fair, Rickards has so few previous credits to her name, so I'm all the more impressed by her quick-witted delivery, which adds levity to the dark world of Arrow. She also seems to have grown more comfortable with this role — mirroring Felicity's comfort with being a member of the Scooby Gang — meaning she'll only get better each subsequent season. We haven't even gotten a chance to know Felicity's past yet, which will surely be enlightening on how the quiet IT gal became the hero's sidekick. And as for the sass, who needs it? Sometimes nice girls can finish first.

Sadie Says: Olicity should never happen. I don't hate Felicity, but I do hate the notion of her as a love interest for Oliver. Felicity is Oliver's first post-Island female relationship that hasn't led to romance, which is exactly why it should stay that way. In a refreshing gender reversal, he's only interested in what's between her ears — not her legs. I love that Ollie doesn't objectify her (because she is, without a doubt, hot), but I wish Felicity was equally unfazed by Oliver. Yes, he's constantly flaunting those abs and biceps, but that doesn't mean she has to turn into a slack-jawed school girl every time. I can understand if the producers want Felicity to act as an in-show surrogate for our own ogling gaze, but I can't root for their potential romance when just the thought of his body infantilizes her.

Natalie Says: Olicity should happen, but not be the end game. We all know that — unless the producers decide to wildly change the canon — Oliver and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) are the end game. But why watch Oliver pine after his former flame for multiple seasons until they're ready for a real, game-changing relationship? Enter Felicity, who's always harbored a crush on him. The duo could share even the shortest of flings before realizing that they aren't right together, but at least she could facilitate Oliver's growth in the relationship department in order to prepare him for the end game.

Sadie Says: She's just another Manic Pixie Dream Girl. What does Felicity want? What does Felicity fear (besides kangaroos, that is)? Beyond the most superficial observations, I have no real sense of who Felicity is — except in regards to her relationship with Oliver. That's because she's just another one-dimensional, eccentric girly girl whose only purpose is to teach our brooding hero to embrace life and be less cynical. She, in short, is the very definition of a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, whose shallow character development is hidden by spontaneity and easy-to-digest quirk. I love the idea of Arrow having a smart, tough, feminine woman, but only if they allow Felicity to exist autonomously, with her own agenda and desires.

Natalie Says: Felicity has hidden depth! Maybe you're not looking deep enough. Here's this girl who clearly didn't have any friends or family — certainly no one is wondering why she's constantly MIA while helping Oliver — who was completely ensconced in work and was lacking in both social skills and street smarts. Now, Felicity is preparing for her second go in the field and she's able to not only talk to Oliver without acting like a fool, but assist him in tracking down villains. Her compassion is exactly what's kept her on the team and there has to be a reason why — something I'm sure we'll find out next season.

Sadie Says: We don't need another superhero. This isn't The Avengers. All of our main characters don't need to have super-alter egos. We've already unmasked Helena (Jessica de Gouw) and Merlyn (John Barrowman); and with Laurel, Tommy (Colin Donnell), Thea (Willa Holland) and Roy (Colton Haynes) already positioned as potential heroes (or villains), we really don't need one more vigilante roaming the streets — at least not another one from Oliver's inner circle. But since Felicity has now begun training, I'm starting to worry she'll one day follow Oliver into the field. They already have The Huntress and Black Canary, so who's to say she wouldn't complete the original Birds of Prey trio and become Oracle? She's certainly got the smarts for it. But Felicity's everyday-girl vibe is one of her greatest attributes and making her a superhero would take that away.

Natalie Says: Bring on the superheroes... at the right time! While I always loved Smallville, it certainly lacked in introducing other superheroes into the fold until later seasons — darn you, licensing rights! If Arrow has the opportunity to bring the whole darn Justice League on board, I'd be more than excited. And I agree that making her Oracle would be interesting, but as the producers have always said, it took five years on the island for Oliver to become Arrow, which means it will take a lengthy evolution for any of those listed above to turn into their comic-book counterparts — Felicity included. By Season 3, Felicity could certainly come into her own and even take up training with the guys. Believable in Season 1? Of course not, but at the rate Arrow is going, we've got plenty of time!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Felic ... 64766.aspx

- John Barrowman sobre Malcolm compartiendo su oscuro secreto y su épica agenda a lo Lex Luthor:
John Barrowman sobre Malcolm compartiendo su oscuro secreto y su épica agenda a lo Lex Luthor
Por Matt Webb Mitovich 01 de Mayo, 2013

Arrow Season 1 Preview John Barrowman Dark ArcherThis Wednesday at 8/7c, The CW’s Arrow sets its sights on “The Undertaking” aka Malcolm Merlyn’s ubermysterious master plan for the sketchy Starling City nabe known as The Glades, revealing via flashbacks the well-dressed man’s previous interactions with Robert Queen and wife Moira. John Barrowman spoke with TVLine about Malcolm’s “epic” agenda, his super-tributary monogram and whether son Tommy will ever discover who is hiding beneath the Dark Archer’s hood.

TVLINE | What all went through Malcolm’s mind when Tommy came to him for a job, to finally be taken under his father’s wing?
It’s something [Malcolm] has wanted for a very long time. He sees Oliver’s push and aggression and the way he deals with things, I think deep down he wants his own son to be very much like that — to grab hold of things and do things in the right way — and not just be a trust fund boy. So when Tommy came and asked to work with him, that was like music to his ears. It was one of those defining moments between him and his son.

TVLINE | Is Malcolm determined to conceal his Dark Archer identity from Tommy?
He’s actually desperate to tell Tommy. But anytime he may go to do it, or have the inkling to say something, something happens.Dead to Rights

TVLINE | Any more of those moments ahead?
You’re going to have to watch. We already had one of those moments when Malcolm was almost assassinated in his office; I’m sure there will be others.

TVLINE | [Executive producer] Andrew Kreisberg told us that the flashback episode, “The Undertaking,” will fill in many blanks. Can you shed any light on what’s to be revealed?
Those blanks will [include] what The Undertaking is, how it’s come about, where it’s come from, why it’s happened…. You just get to know a lot more about it. And Malcolm is pivotal in The Undertaking, as is Moira.

TVLINE | If it comes to it, do you think Malcolm has it in him to have Moira killed?
Malcolm has it in him to have anybody killed. But, from my point of view, [he] likes her too much. Also, she likes her position too much to give in. But they’re both ruthless in their own way.

TVLINE | Malcolm’s plan, The Undertaking, seems like it may be somewhat Lex Luthor-ish. The finale, after all, features a seismologist….
All I’ll say is that when I was asked to play the role, it was described to me by Andrew and the rest of the team that Malcolm Merlyn is the Lex Luthor of this world. That’s why he’s “M.M.” Again, that’s all I can say. They want him to be a big villain of this world.

TVLINE | And how are you describing the Season 1 finale (airing May 15)?
It is epic. It really is. It’s going to be massive. The cinematography, the shooting aspect of it is just…. It’s like any other episode on steroids. But good steroids, not the kind that freak you out. It’s going to be awesome. There’s lots of stuff happening.

http://tvline.com/2013/05/01/arrow-seas ... dertaking/

- Marc Guggenheim Adelanta 'The Undertaking' y la 'Épica' Season Finale (huffingtonpost.com):
Marc Guggenheim Adelanta 'The Undertaking' y la 'Épica' Season Finale
Por Laura Prudom 01/05/2013 11:13 am EDT

Tonight's "Arrow" (8 p.m. ET on The CW) will reveal exactly what "The Undertaking" is -- and we're guessing it's nothing good, since it's masterminded by the decidedly scary Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman).

And, since Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Diggle (David Ramsey) took a break from their bromance last week, Oliver will be relying on Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) in her first solo mission, which Rickards described as "extremely dangerous."

For more intel on the final three episodes of the season, The Huffington Post spoke with executive producer Marc Guggenheim, who had plenty to say about tonight's episode, Felicity's new role, Tommy's relationship with his father and the "epic" season finale. Read on for much more.

What can you reveal about Felicity's first solo mission in the field in "The Undertaking"?
It’s so much fun. When we brought Felicity into the "Arrow" circle of trust, I think everyone thought that she’d just be standing in the way or looking at computer screens. But for us, one of the fun things is taking the fish out of water approach to her and giving the audience a chance to see her out in the field. That actually happens in [Episodes] 21 and 22. It’s winning because she brings her surprise sex appeal in Episode 21 and she brings her think-on-her-feet wittiness to bear in Episode 22. She’s a pretty effective field operative, much to her own surprise. It’s fun to watch her get caught in some tricky situations and have to talk her way out of them. I think it creates some of our best moments. I have to say, we’re ending the season with our strongest episodes -- not just for Felicity, but for the entire cast. Everyone really is cooking with gas by the end. It’s fun to see everyone finding new gears.

Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) is a little bit obsessed with finding The Hood. Is it a case of just wanting to thank his savior, or does he feel -- misguidedly or not -- that he has something to offer the vigilante in return?
That’s actually something that we are going to be slowly revealing over the last four episodes of the season. But you’ll learn in Episode 22 the real reason why finding The Hood is so important to him. We certainly lay the foundation for that in Episode 20. Episode 20 is the first episode after his important encounter with The Hood in the subway in Episode 18. So, we’re telling like this little three-part story that really reaches its climax in part four, which is our season finale, Episode 23 ... The best stuff really is yet to come as far as Roy’s concerned.

How will we see Tommy (Colin Donnell) and Malcolm's relationship evolving in the final episodes? It seems like they're on the way to establishing the kind of bond Tommy always wanted, which is actually now a very bad thing.
That’s really the thing. One of the things that we’re doing, and we certainly started at the end of Episode 19 when Tommy went to go work for his dad, is bring him and his father closer and closer together. Tommy’s redemption over the course of the season and then his potential fall from grace at the end of the season, I think is a big piece of the fuel that fuels these final episodes. It obviously all is bound up in this love triangle between him, Oliver and Laurel (Katie Cassidy). So, everything’s kind of related. As Tommy’s father’s plan begins to approach fruition, Tommy is getting closer and closer to his father. Then the question becomes: Whose side will he ultimately be on? There’s a great exchange between Oliver and Tommy in the penultimate episode of the season where Oliver says, “What do you do here at your dad’s company?” And Tommy, in a really nice line read by Colin Donnell says, “I work very closely with my father.”

So ominous!
It’s very ominous. That’s exactly the word. That’s a lot of fun because I think the fans are sort of aware of what Tommy’s trajectory is. We’re looking forward to revealing to the audience how that is all going to play out.

What can you preview about the finale itself?
I’ll tell you, it’s really epic. The episode is huge. I was just up on set and even I was like, "Oh my God, what are we doing?" It looks like a movie. It’s a completely new level of production value, which I think for this show is really saying something. Basically, everything that we’ve been working up towards since the pilot, it all comes to a head. Oliver, Tommy and Laurel; Tommy’s dad; Tommy’s choice -- does he choose to join with his dad or join with Oliver? Moira (Susanna Thompson) and her relationship with her children as all of her demons come to light. It is a jam-packed episode. That’s just the present day stuff. We’re also building to an epic finale with the stuff on the island and the flashbacks and we’re leading up to a big, iconic moment in Oliver’s journey from Oliver Queen to being the Arrow. So, there’s just a huge number of things going on and things happening in that episode. We were just talking about how to bring it all in under 42 minutes. It’s going to be a very, I think, satisfying finale for everyone. In many ways, Episode 22 is a satisfying finale. We said that 22 is our season finale and 23 is finale plus.

Will we see any familiar faces from earlier in the season in the finale?
Actually, we’re bringing back both Hilton, played by Roger Cross, and Joanna, played by Annie Ilonzeh. So it really is this feeling like the gang is all here. We tried to bring back as many cast members who you’ve seen in the course of the first season that would fit into the story. It’s designed to be a very satisfying season finale. There’s an art, I believe, to constructing a good and satisfying season finale of a show. It’s part cliffhanger and part resolution. You want to strike the right balance between both of those things. Enough that you feel like you’ve gotten, "This is what Season 1 has been about and I understand the answers to all these questions." Then of course all the little things that make you lean in to want to watch Season 2.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/0 ... 90841.html?

- Productor sobre flashbacks reveladores y un 'terrorífico y emocional' Final (hollywoodreporter.com):
Productor sobre flashbacks reveladores y un 'terrorífico y emocional' Final
Por Philiana Ng 9:00 AM PDT 01/05/2013

The CW's Arrow kicks off the final three episodes of its rookie season with an hour titled "The Undertaking," an installment that doesn't flash back to Oliver (Stephen Amell) on the island, but rather to days before he even stepped foot on the Queen's Gambit.

"In a way, it's a trilogy of episodes. They're interlocked and it's a three-part ending," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells The Hollywood Reporter. "Once it starts, it's really pedal to the metal."

The Arrow executive producer talks to THR about the non-stop action that awaits as season one wraps up and how the finale, titled "Sacrifice," sets up for the sophomore run.

The Hollywood Reporter: Can you give us an overview of what we may see in the final three episodes of the season?

Andrew Kreisberg: We're going to find out exactly what The Undertaking is, what Malcolm's (John Barrowman) plan for the city is, everyone's secrets and lies come out, love triangles spring up, friendships are destroyed. Hopefully it's everything you want to see in the season finale.

THR: When I spoke with Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity) recently, she joked that if the final two episodes were on the same night, "there'd be a lot of strokes."

Kreisberg: We kept saying that episode 22 on any other show would be a legitimate season finale and then on top of that we got episode 23 which is just bonkers. [Laughs] We really pulled out all the stops knowing how big these episodes were going to be and everything we wanted to do. We actually saved up some money along the season that we could have a couple of extra shooting days and spend extra money on visual effects because it's going to be epic. For us, episode 22 is the finale and episode 23 is almost like Arrow: The Movie.

THR: More stunts, fights and action sequences than usual?

Kreisberg: Yeah, it's really amazing. We actually shot on the old Watchmen set. They basically built a city and we got to shoot on them which just made the whole thing feel truly epic.

THR: This week's episode, "The Undertaking," covers a bit more ground than the usual Arrow installment in that it goes back further in time. What can you say about what we'll be seeing?

Kreisberg: Usually we flash back to the island and see Oliver's chronological adventures, and what's fun about this episode is it's the first time we're flashing back to the week before the Queen's Gambit left. Jamey Sheridan is back as Robert Queen, Oliver's father, and Colin Salmon is back as Walter [Steele, Oliver's stepfather] and Chin Han is back as Frank Chen. We're going to see the origins of The Undertaking and what exactly it is. We'll also get to see Oliver before he left for the boat. It's been a long time since the pilot, since we've seen the Oliver Queen before whom any of this stuff happened to, so that's fun to see. We'll see how a specific incident in Oliver and Laurel's (Katie Cassidy) past affects their future.

THR: How big of a contrast is the Oliver that's been established to the Oliver from back then?

Kreisberg: By episode 14, "The Odyssey," which was sort of our all-flashback episode, Stephen found a whole new gear for island Oliver, as we call him. He really is a succinctly different character from the one he's playing in the present day. When you meet pre-boat Oliver, it's such a far cry from the person that we know. He's not exactly the best person. [The network] hasn't been worried about us portraying that pre-boat/island Oliver as a liar and not an entirely good person. It really shows how far he's come in the present day. We (Kreisberg, and executive producers Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim) sort of threw all these plates up in the air over the course of the season and we're really proud of ourselves that we haven't let too many of them fall and we're catching them all in the last few episodes.

THR: Is there always that chance that Oliver could revert back to his pre-boat days?

Kreisberg: I don't know. I think the mistakes he'll make moving forward aren't the same kinds of mistakes. The mistakes that he made before the boat trip were adolescent and [his] immaturity and being selfish. The mistakes he makes after the island are very different. They're the mistakes of an adult.

THR: Can you speak to Tommy and Oliver's strained friendship? How much back and forth is left for the two and can they ever truly reconcile?

Kreisberg: As you've seen in the last few episodes, Tommy and Oliver's friendship is changed forever. That was one of the decisions we made when we let Tommy in on the secret was because we shake things up and change their dynamic. The repercussions of Tommy discovering Oliver's secret have been playing out and will continue to play out in surprising ways. I think that Colin Donnell's performance, especially episode 16 on, he's totally raised his game and those moments between Oliver and Tommy have become some of our most powerful scenes.

THR: What hints can you offer for the season finale?

Kreisberg: Everyone in the story is faced with what are you willing to give up to do what's right? It's not necessarily always life and death. It's everything you want to see in this kind of show. We wanted a finale that was super exciting and filled with action, stunts and special effects that people have come to enjoy, but at the same time, they've really embraced our characters -- Oliver and Felicity and Laurel and Diggle (David Ramsey). The finale is funny, scary, emotional, intense.

THR: Is it safe to assume that the season ends on a major cliffhanger?

Kreisberg: There are multiple cliffhangers.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... cks-449238

- John Barrowman: ¡Preparáos para una locura para los fans de 'Arrow'! (etonline.com):
John Barrowman: ¡Preparáos para una locura para los fans de 'Arrow'!
Por JARETT WIESELMAN 01 de Mayo, 2013

John Barrowman became a cult icon thanks to Captain Jack Harkness, the heroic role he played on Dr. Who and Torchwood. So when word broke Barrowman would be embracing his evil side as the nefarious Malcolm Merlyn (a.k.a. The Dark Archer) on The CW's Arrow, fans were torn.

Turns out, the goodwill Barrowman had spent the last eight years earning was put to perfect use as he imbued Malcolm with so much soul, the character became more than your average villain. Tonight kicks off a string of three all-new episodes, leading to the finale, and culminating in The Dark Archer's plan to eradicate The Glades.

ETonline caught up with Barrowman to talk about his time on the dark side, uncover the key to creating a heroic villain and find out what fans can expect from the end of season one!

ETonline: What appealed to you about playing Malcolm on Arrow?
John Barrowman: It's a very different character for me because, number one, he is seen to be a bad guy. But I see him as exactly the same as Oliver in the way he's trying to rid the city of evil, he's just going about it in a much more ruthless way than Oliver. I see him as a vigilante and a hero, just a very, very troubled hero.

ETonline: And it's not like we know that Oliver's method will work in the long run better than Malcolm's yet.
Barrowman: Correct. People do bad things because they want to do them. Someone gets blamed because they need a scapegoat. Malcolm has this attitude of, "You're in my way? F*ck you, I'm going to kill you." The rest of the characters get behind Malcolm because he'll do the bad thing and they don't have to take responsibility.

ETonline: Will the final three episodes see him held accountable for those actions?
Barrowman: Put it this way, he's the Lex Luthor of this world, so he's going to be held accountable for freakin' everything [laughs]. But the audience will see he's not entirely to blame. This is what's going to be interesting. And I hate to use a phrase from that redonkulous stupid president, but his attitude is very much "You're either with us or you're against us."

ETonline: Obviously in Oliver's eyes, Malcolm has failed Starling City. But The CW released a photo of Malcolm having captured Oliver -- and neither wearing masks. What can you tease about that moment?
Barrowman: They reveal a lot of information to each other. That's all I'll say [laughs].

ETonline: This is a moment Arrow has been leading up to all season long. Do you think it lives up to the audience's expectations?
Barrowman: From seeing what Twitter has been like the last few days after that photograph came out and all the squeeing going on, I think fans are going to love it because the episode is full of things like that. It's an epic episode. It's on steroids times 100. Fans of their show are going to have, in the season finale, a huge payoff that will thrill them ... but also leave them hanging.

ETonline: There's an amazing photo from the penultimate episode of you, in The Dark Archer, completely in shadow. What's it like to actually wear that costume?
Barrowman: I have to tell you a secret about that costume, it's very claustrophobic. I'm not saying this to boost my own ego, but I have a prominent jaw, so they had to cover it up with this mask that goes over my mouth and nose. I call it the gimp mask. Now, when I have that on and we're shooting, everything I say is muffled. It makes me feel claustrophic because I can't breathe, and, of course, I always have a sh*tload of dialogue to say when I have it on, so that's why I think the writers decided to do that big scene without the mask. But it's an absolutely sexy, horny outfit [laughs].

ETonline: It's interesting because I know Malcolm is the villain, but the show has done a great job of making my empathize with him. Especially thanks to that conversation he had with Laurel and Tommy over dinner about his late wife.
Barrowman: Just wait because that scene and getting the empathy for Malcolm was hugely important for these last few episodes. The thing you'll see with Malcolm is there's more to come in his revelation. Malcolm has done something, and kept something in his possession, that will surprise the audience when it's revealed to Tommy. It's a big "Oh my God" moment.

ETonline: Tonight's episode is called The Undertaking. A name that is seemingly very important in the finale.
Barrowman: The Undertaking is a massively pivotal thing. When you find out what it is, you'll be glad you don't live in Starling City [laughs]. But Malcolm and Robert and Moira are pivotal in The Undertaking. No one is void of any responsibility, yet they all want to blame Malcolm for it. I mean, he is the brains...

ETonline: Looking beyond tonight's episode, what are you excited for Arrow fans to see in the last two episodes?
Barrowman: Can I be selfish?

ETonline: Of course!
Barrowman: It's going to be a major fan-gasm because I know they've wanted to see Oliver and I come together and face each other. We do that. And we do it in an epic way. Also, they're going to see there's more to Malcolm and more to Oliver than what they have seen before. If I had to pick one word for the finale, it would be fangasm.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/133546_John_ ... index.html

- ARROW season finale: Stephen Amell teases a big reveal:

- Arrow - Stunts: Arrow vs. Firefly:

- Arrow 1x21 "The Undertaking" Sneak Peek #2:

- Colton Haynes: Nadie está seguro en 'Arrow' (ETOnline):

http://et.tv/11Gg6PU

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 1.22 "Darkness On The Edge Of Town" Promo [HD]:

- Arrow 1.22 "Darkness On The Edge Of Town" Extended Promo [HD]:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 1.21 "The Undertaking". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevos pósters promocionales de los sweeps de Mayo:

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Entrevista con John Barrowman sobre el final de Arrow (starrymag.com):
Entrevista con John Barrowman sobre el final de Arrow
Por Lisa Steinberg

Q) "Arrow" just became TV Guide's "Fan Favorite Program." How do you feel about that?

A) I think that's amazing! I knew we had a great fan base and I think that part of it is smart casting from the producers because all of us who are involved (some new to the sci-fi world with a big following) are great! It's great to know it's a fan favorite! It's absolutely thrilling!

Q) How important have social networking sites been to the show?

A) Any show that starts these days has to have an online presence and you have to have social networking. People on the show have to know about social media stuff. You have to do personal things, but also for the show. We do set teasing where we take photos from the set without saying what is going on, but we put them online. Having that presence makes the fans feel like they are included in the making of the programming and a part of the actors' lives, too.

Q) How do you manage to make the big bad Malcolm into a sympathetic character?

A) That means I've done my job right! When I take on a role, I try to put a bit of my personality into everything I do. When I approach playing a bad guy (like when I first did it on "Desperate Housewives" [although, he was a bit imbalanced]), Malcolm believes he is doing something right. I thought if I approach it from the point-of-view to get the audience to understand I have lost my wife and I'm trying to do better for the city - I feel like I'm doing the right thing, but script wise I'm not going about it the right way. Stephen's [Amell] character Oliver and Malcolm are very similar, but they are just going about it in different ways in how they are approaching it. You have the hero who has a bit of trouble and then you have Malcolm who is kind of the bad guy. I still think he's the hero, but he's just not doing it in the right way. I think that's why the audience feels some empathy for him. If I went in to do a bad guy role and just thought, "Muahahaha!" it would be dull and like every other bad guy around. If you can get the audience to feel something for him then that's why they like him. The word revenge is a strong word, but we're trying to do right with the circumstances given to us. Malcolm is going to use his power to fix the city, but his way to do that is to have the undertaking to completely flatten it. Stephen picks up the people who did the wrong thing and Malcolm is going to kill everybody. The writing on this show allows for people to identify with the characters because they are human.

Q) Is there anything with Malcolm that we'll get to see explored on the way to the season finale?

A) I know that you want to hear the spoilers, but yet you don't want to hear them. All that I can say is that the season finale is going to absolutely be epic! Every "Arrow" sequence we do is like a movie, but this finale is going to be epic! Everybody is taking a lot of time to batten down the hatches to get this done and it's going to look amazing. The sequences we have already shot look incredible! It's going to be amazing!

Q) Are we going to be learning about how Malcolm became the Dark Archer?

A) I don't know about in the future. I don't want to spoil what happens in the finale, but to answer that the reason Malcolm Merlyn is "M.M." is that he is the Lex Luther (the "L.L.") of the "Arrow" world. So, you will probably see more and we'll probably learn more. I cannot confirm that. We'll have to wait and see what happens in the finale. I would love to go back and see how he became Dark Archer. If you watch in the finale there are some things revealed in some of his speeches that explain how he becomes the Dark Archer.

Q) Will we get the chance to see you at Comic-Con this year?

A) I told the producers that I would like to be a part of it if the show goes to Comic-Con. I'm considered to be a reoccurring role on "Arrow," but I am doing some other conventions around the country. I'll be gutted if I don't get to go to Comic-Con because I absolutely adore it! I know the audience would love to see the panels I do because I'm just outrageous!

Q) We know that you'll be on an upcoming episode of "Scandal." What can you tell us about your role?

A) I can't tell you anything! All I'm allowed to say is that I will be on the show. Shonda Rhimes came to me and said she was writing the role and wanted me to do it. That was just incredible!

Q) What would you like to say to everyone who is a fan and supporter of you and your work?

A) We would not be the show we are without the fans and the following. The fact that we have brand new fans that have come in to watch this show and all the fans that have come along with myself from the "Dr. Who" and "Torchwood" world, from Colton Haynes who have come from the "Teen Wolf" world and Manu Bennett who comes from the "Spartacus" world it's great to have them all come together to support this fantastically amazing show. They are making my stay in the United States as exciting and thrilling as it has been in the last twenty-odd years in the United Kingdom. I can't wait for more in North America! If it's like this, the fans have changed my life once again and I can't thank them enough!

http://starrymag.com/content.asp?ID=736 ... ews&PAGE=1

- John Barrowman habla sobre el ser el Anti-Héroe, The Dark Archer y la épica Season Finale (tvequals.com):
John Barrowman habla sobre el ser el Anti-Héroe, The Dark Archer y la épica Season Finale
Por Americ Ngwije 23 Abril, 2013

What does it take to be a good “Bad Guy”?

Perharps the best person to ask is the one that plays one of the better good “bad guys” on TV and of course we are talking about none other than Arrow series star John Barrowman who plays Malcolm Merlyn aka The Dark Archer, the mastermind behind all the mysterious plotting on the show.

TV Equals had the immense pleasure and honor to chat with the face of Bo Mr Barrowman about his character on Arrow, the duality of Merlyn and more.

Check out what he had to say below and don’t miss him in the upcoming episodes of Arrow which airs on Sundays at 8pm on the CW.

With the season finale coming up, what can you tease about what’s going to happen for Malcolm?

John Barrowman: Well, I can’t really tease and tell you anything because we’re sworn to secrecy. What I can tell you is the season finale is going to be epic. We’re in the middle of shooting it right now. We actually finish on Saturday [April 20], and Saturday’s filming should take us probably most of the evening and most of the night into the wee hours of the morning. So, yeah, it’s an epic undertaking. All the episodes are big episodes, but this one is just huge. It is absolutely massive.

There’s a ruthless side to Malcolm and also a compassionate side, especially with his son. How do you see him?

John Barrowman: Well, the way that you described him is the way I’ve wanted people to see him. When I was asked to play Malcolm, I wanted to make sure was that I didn’t play that kind of stereotypical bad guy where…I always use the same expression, that kind of Mu-hu-ha-ha-ha evil guy. Those kind of bad characters you don’t really feel anything for.

So I said to them, ‘We’ve got have something. I’d like him to be likeable,’ and then there’s a dilemma with the audience because he’s a bad guy, but they really kind of like him. They don’t like how he’s going about things, but they understand why he is doing it. So in a way he’s almost like an anti-hero or a very, very, very troubled hero who is actually going out for the same things that Oliver is going out, but doing it in a different way, which is not as acceptable. The way you described him is exactly the way I wanted him to be taken and portrayed, and obviously that’s worked.

What part of portraying the Dark Archer is you and what part of is stunt doubling ?

John Barrowman: Oh, it’s all me. All me. [laughs] Of course I’m not going to give away the secrets. No, there are parts of it that are me, and there are parts of it that are a stunt person. For insurance reasons I’m not allowed to do certain stunt work, but as you know from ‘Torchwood’ and ‘Doctor Who,’ I have gun training and I’ve worked with things like that. The archery stuff, we’ve been shown how to do it archery properly in order to make it look correct.

There’s a sequence where I burst through a wall to beat the crap out of Oliver. I actually did the bursting through the wall. So there’s bits…and I always say to them, ‘I really want to do certain things and put me in where you can put me in,’ but the heavy stuff, obviously, it has to be a stuntman and that’s purely for insurance reasons.

That makes sense. We don’t want you to get hurt.

John Barrowman: But you tell everybody that I do it [laughs].

I will. Let’s talk about what drives Malcolm. You said that he’s driven to change things. Will that be explored more towards the end of the season?

John Barrowman: Well, you have found out during the course of the series, and what’s been already said somewhat. His wife was murdered in the glades and his family were very instrumental in the beginning, along with the Queen family who tried to rebuild the city, but when his wife was murdered, he lost, through the grief…this is my underlying stuff, but for him, he lost his focus. Consequently, he went off and wandered into the east, and ended up on an island called Nanda Parbat, and this is what’s being explained in the finale of where he trained, how he trained and why he became the Dark Archer.

So it’s all based around love. It’s all based around loss, grief, his kind of drive. But his drive of his power and his wealth were the only ways in which he could subsidize and control and help pay for his plan and his big kind of Svengali outlook on what he’s going to do to the city. So therefore his drive to be successful was huge, and that’s why when Tommy, his son, who’s a little bit lazy and a party boy, he gets pissed off about it. I think deep down inside, if he knew who Oliver really was, he really would want Oliver as the son.

Oh!? Twist.

John Barrowman: That’s John Barrowman’s theory.

That’s a good theory.

John Barrowman: Yeah, but you’ll just have to watch the finale.

You have an active and dedicated fan base. What message do you have for them as they head into this epic and huge finale?

John Barrowman: First of all, thank you, and they know that. My fans, because they’ve followed me, because they’ve made each project a success that I’m in for me and also for the others involved, they’ve given me the life that I’ve always dreamt about.

As a little boy, when I’d play with my GI Joes and my Micronauts and my Marvel superhero figures and the DC figures, I used to dream of being these types of characters. So they’re giving me the life I’ve always wanted, but they again can expect from Malcolm a human emotion and a human struggle that they can actually identify with. It sounds like I’m tooting my own horn, but in a way no one else can explain how I go in and how I go about it. But that’s exactly what I want to give them. I want them to look at him and feel that they can connect with him. That then makes him, again, although he’s a bad guy, acceptable to them.

Also, to be honest with you, some of them would just follow me anywhere I go. If I jumped in a river they’d jump in a river with me, which I absolutely love [laughs]. So they can expect everything that they know I will give them. I always put a bit of myself into the character, and I think that’s what they really like.

Do you have any other upcoming projects you can talk about?

John Barrowman: All I can say, as much as I can talk about it, I’m going into ‘Scandal’ on ABC. I’m doing that, which I’ve actually already filmed, and afterwards I’m waiting to hear on a couple of other projects that I cannot talk about.

I’m pursuing about doing another album, and I’m going to be flying back to the UK because I have my skin care line, my men’s skin care line and we’re launching the women’s side of the…I call it the beauty line. We’re starting with hair and stuff with women and working our way down the body. With the men, we went right to the face. So I have all those kinds of things, and I’ve got a car business in the UK.

I’ve got other things that I do. It’s not all about being on television. Oh, and also, my sister with the books. We’re working on our third book, the children’s book, together. We’re having the screenplay written because the TV rights have been bought and my production company and another company are going to be doing hopefully the TV show for that soon.

If you could guest star on any TV show, your pick of the litter, which one would it be?

John Barrowman: Oh my gosh, that’s stumped me. Oh! It’s got to be between two, but I’ll go with the one that I’ve watched the most of. ‘Walking Dead.’ Then again, second in line would be ‘Game of Thrones.’

http://www.tvequals.com/2013/04/23/john ... interview/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 1.22 "Darkness on the Edge of town" Sneak Peek #1:

- Arrow 1.22 "Darkness on the Edge of town" Sneak Peek #2:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ARROW: Emily Bett Rickards Adelanta los epiodios finales del año:

- Colton Haynes adelanta una épica season finale y hace planes para Season 2 (zap-2-it):
Colton Haynes adelanta una épica season finale y hace planes para Season 2
Por Carina Adly MacKenzie 7 de May8, 2013 8:09 PM ET

We traveled to the wilds of Namibia to meet up with Zap2it fave Colton Haynes, of "Arrow" and "Teen Wolf" fame, to get the scoop on Roy Harper and all the Starling City drama (and trauma) to come. (Okay, so we weren't actually in Namibia, we were on the Warner Bros. backlot on a Thursday morning after watching the recent episode "Home Invasion." Namibia just sounded cooler.)

First off, we obviously had to ask Colton about his promise to gain 20 pounds of muscle for his role as Roy Harper -- the future Red Arrow -- next season. He promises that he's not planning to grow a giant neck, he's just aiming to get back in the shape he was in while he was in the thick of "Teen Wolf" filming.

"I'll look a little bit like the Rock," he laughs. "But without the neck. I'm just going to look as good as I need to look to fulfill the CW needs ... if you catch what I'm saying."

He's definitely got some impressive co-workers to live up to. "I have to work with Stephen Amell, so you kind of want to punch yourself in the face," he teases. Colton has to gear up for the inevitable: "I'm sure they're going to try to have us do side-by-side salmon ladders at some point."

In this week's episode, Roy and Oliver will finally meet after Thea reveals to Oliver that she and her wrong-side-of-the-tracks boyfriend are searching for the vigilante. "[Oliver] comes and confronts me and says pretty much that it's a bad idea, and is a little stern with Roy. Roy of course does his eye-roll and isn't happy with Oliver. He kind of still thinks Oliver's kind of a wimp," Colton says.

Obviously, Roy has a lot to learn, but before he and Oliver get to know each other, something shocking happens that rocks Roy to his core. "Something insane happens toward the end to where it puts a halt to Roy and Thea finding the vigilante and it will pick up or lead into something, obviously, in the next season. I can say that they're still going to have to be looking for him Season 2," he says.

Speaking of Season 2, we did our best to get information out of Colton, but he's gotten very good at secret keeping. (We'll keep wearing him down, don't worry.) He did reveal that some of the circumstances of the finale will lead Roy to "tap into a little bit of the dark side at first" when the series returns this fall.

Earlier this season, it was revealed that Roy has a major needle phobia -- ironic, seeing as his comic book character develops a heroin addiction. Colton hints that Roy's fear of shots doesn't necessarily mean he won't be taking that route. "Roy Harper obviously becomes [a heroin addict in the comic books] so that could be like a little Easter egg, something you could possibly be looking forward to. I had this great monologue when you first meet Roy, saying that his mom had gotten into drugs and things, so it'd be interesting if he starts to take that route with things, due to certain events that happen."

"Arrow" airs Wednesday nights at 8 p.m. EST on The CW. In the meantime, check out our full conversation with Colton below for his thoughts on serious issues like Roy's hoodie collection, "Olicity," and whether Roy and Felicity might make eyes at each other in this week's episode.

VIDEO: http://www.zap2it.com/videogallery/7581 ... alks-Arrow

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... s-for.html

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”