Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: Piloto de "PREACHER" para AMC

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Primer póster promocional de Ian Colletti como 'Arseface':

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- PREACHER | New Teaser Promo featuring a First Look at Arseface:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- La estrella de "Preacher" Ruth Negga promete que Tulip es más que el interés amoroso de Jesse (CBR):

While "Preacher" as a comic book and a television series centers on Jesse Custer, the eponymous preacher, Tulip and Cassidy play equally crucial roles. That could be why Ruth Negga was actually the first lead actor cast in AMC's forthcoming television adaptation of Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon's classic Vertigo series when she landed the role of Tulip O'Hare.

In the comics, Tulip is Jesse's ex-girlfriend, and that's also the case when the TV series begins, though Negga was quick to tell CBR that there's more to her character, and her ties to Jesse, than just their current relationship status.

At WonderCon in Los Angeles, Negga sat down with CBR TV's Jonah Weiland to talk about bringing "Preacher" to television, how closely the show will stick to the comics. She also discusses the unique nature of her character, if she knew how crazy the comic was before working on the show and what she's learned about herself from the role.

Story continues below

On who Tulip is on "Preacher," and why she's more than just Jesse's ex-girlfriend:

Ruth Negga: I think we're introduced to her as Jesse's ex-girlfriend because it's pivotal to the actual script and the series, but I think that how we explore Tulip, how we find her throughout the TV series is we develop a relationship that is quite unique because she is a unique individual. Her relationship with Jesse is pivotal, obviously, but it's because... I don't know what I can talk about.

The thing about it is, I think in this season, definitely, her relationship with Jesse is -- the whole season is hinged on it. But I think that what the writers and the directors are interested in is how -- I think it's a power balance, really, in the relationship. How it shifts and how they -- basically, they grew up together and they're so intertwined and it's not just a straightforward girl trying to get her boy back. It's a lot more complicated. He's her life. It's not just like a boy-girl thing, he's her stability. He's her anchor. I think that's sort of bigger than the whole kind of boyfriend girlfriend thing.

On whether she was prepared for the absurdity of "Preacher" during the audition process:

I'd read the whole pilot -- there were no [other] scripts at that point -- but I was aware of the comic books and I knew how extreme it would be going. Also, having been familiar with the comic books, I knew Garth Ennis is a very clever writer. It's not just about the surface kind of shocks, he's a very, very intuitive sort of writer about human relationships. That's another level that we are exploring and that's very important. It's the big stuff, but it's also the very intimate details of human nature and human relationships. I think that's what we're exploring at the moment. I think people will be excited. You don't have to be a fan of the comics to get absorbed into this world.

On whether there were moments from the comics she was afraid to perform as an actor:

I didn't know how faithful we were gonna be to the comics, and I still don't know, because... for whatever reasons. You know the comics, they're very lean, aren't they? There's a lot going on but there's nothing excessive in terms of -- there's nothing unnecessary in there. I think that everything that does happen in the comics is so... It's for a reason, and everything is revisited. Everything is so thoughtfully thought out that I never had any qualms about anything, really.

On what she's learned about the world around her from playing Tulip:

A really lovely privilege of being an actor is you get to explore different parts of yourselves that you're not allowed to in your everyday life. There's something that is assumed, certain rules that apply to being a human being, isn't there? As an actor we get to break those rules and you learn that we are made up of extremes. Everybody, not just actors, we're just allowed to explore that and acknowledge that in a really safe environment. I realize with Tulip, especially, what a privilege that is. It's just lovely to explore. We all should be allowed to that, I think.

Being an actor allows you to be more empathetic to people and circumstances. I'm very into the idea that behavior is not who one is. Our actions don't define us. There's something interesting about that to me.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ulip-jesse

- Dominic Cooper estaba "más que aterrado" de interpretar a Jesse Custer (CBR):
Dominic Cooper estaba "más que aterrado" de interpretar a Jesse Custer
Jonah Weiland, 13 Abril 2016

"Preacher" is one of the most celebrated comic book series of the modern era. The Vertigo series created by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon follows small town Texas preacher Jesse Custer after he merges with a bizarre spiritual force, granting him a supernatural power know as "the word" and shattering his faith. He sets out with his dangerous ex-girlfriend Tulip and vampire best friend Cassidy to find God -- and himself.

After years of fits and starts, "Preacher" is finally being adapted for live-action in a new AMC television series shepherded by Executive Producers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg and showrunner Sam Catlin. Filling Jesse's impossibly large boots is Dominic Cooper, best known as Howard Stark from "Captain America: The First Avenger" and "Agent Carter." And, as Cooper told CBR, he was "beyond terrified" about being able to do justice to the role.

WATCH: Moody "Preacher" Teaser Warns "Something Got Loose"

Ahead of the series premiere on May 22, Cooper sat down with CBR TV's Jonah Weiland at WonderCon in Los Angeles to discuss his excitement -- and fear -- over playing the eponymous role, finding what aspects of himself he needed to tap into, and who he was most afraid of letting down in the process. He also talks about co-creator Garth Ennis' involvement and feedback on the series and what playing the titular preacher has taught him about himself.

On the shocking nature of his character when he read the pilot script:

Dominic Cooper: I read it and was desperate to be part of it and then I had the thought process of, "I can't possibly do that. What even makes me think for a moment that I could do that?" And then I said I must go meet [the producers] and see what they say about it. It was very exciting for when they threw out their ideas for where they saw the show going. Because I thought how on earth can you take this incredibly in-depth, wonderful comic -- it's so elaborate, so beautifully illustrated, and I've never seen characters like it. Exactly as you said, I was desperate to do it, I thought, "Great, I must do this," and then I was beyond terrified at the prospect of being able to accomplish it and do the character justice for the people who have read the comics growing up. What I came to realize more and more the more I read the comics in my adult life is you turn the comics into films in your head. They're so filmic anyway the way they're composed and drawn out that you owe them more than just this idea that we have that we want to show them. They're already very specific in their mind of what this is and it needs to be appealing to people who have no idea what it is whatsoever.

On discovering what qualities he needed to bring to his performance as Jesse Custer:

He's probably one of the hardest characters I've ever approached to play I think because he's so far removed, he's from such a different world than the one in which I grew up. But even in terms of the area and the landscape and the world of small town Texas, but they have been so helpful and having someone with that much clarity of who they see this character as being, I get a lot of detail from the comics themselves. I have to bring a lot of what I can to this character and we had loads of rehearsal time and it was trial and error.

The thing that I discovered, in the last few days, is from the moment we shot the pilot, he changes dramatically in terms of what happens to him at the end of the pilot. It turns a character who I often felt always worried that it was becoming too morbid and heavy and depressed because of the place at which he's in at the beginning -- and that's quite hard because he's surrounded by so many elaborate, colorful and very funny characters. I think it's just finding the balance of that and also believing in the possibility of where he can go. It's a big and very long journey so just giving enough at the beginning -- and it's all discovery at the moment. I think we're all finding out really what this show, in terms of how funny it is, how dark we want it to be -- it's the same with our characters. We're just finding our way with them but it's a really exciting process.

On whether he read the comics in preparation for the role or wants to be surprised by the show's story:

I read them before I started, a few times actually, and I understand the people who don't want to see what happens because they don't want it to inform what they're doing presently. A lot of what informs Jesse and Tulip is what happened in their past which is what you get in detail throughout the comics. For me, the more information the better. The more I can discover about a person and enrich it with life and any information, even if it happens later on in their life, the way in which they react to that at that particular time still helps you understand that person before that experience has happened. Anything I can get a hold of it helps me. I've read them over and over again to get more and more -- again, because I was terrified. I felt a big responsibility to get this right. He's a very different person from myself.

On worrying about how Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon will react to his performance:

I wasn't [worried about that] because I was so petrified about going into a rehearsal room with the guys who had entrusted this role with me and hadn't really seen -- they'd seen other work I'd done -- but they've not seen me be the Texan preacher, be Jesse. I think in that moment of rehearsals heading to the Sony lot, I don't think I've ever been -- or maybe when I first started doing a play or something, I don't remember being that fearful -- but I remember thinking, "I could be doing this now and imagine if their faces all just dropped and were like, 'We have made the biggest mistake in the world casting this guy and we are screwed now.'" [Laughter] And I'd have to go, "Listen, I understand, there's a way I can get out of it. It's fine. Everything'll be fine, let me just walk away. It's all going to be okay."

So the relief after that when we all worked together and it was all starting to work and we were all finding who he was and who he needs to be at that point, it was a great relief. It kind of stopped me festering on the idea of festering about when Garth saw it. And he loved it, and he is the kindest, most gracious man. And for a man who has that shit going on in his head, I mean, he's a true gentleman.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... sse-custer

- El showrunner de "Preacher" Sam Catlin dice que "todo está sobre la mesa" (CBR):
El showrunner de "Preacher" Sam Catlin dice que "todo está sobre la mesa"
Por Jonah Weiland, 15 Abril 2016

Sam Mendes. John August. Kevin Smith. Mark Steven Johnson. D.J. Caruso. Some of the biggest names in Hollywood have been trying to adapt "Preacher" for years, with a movie, miniseries, and TV series all on the table at various points. All of that possibility turned to reality in early 2014 when Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg agreed to serve as Executive Producers and develop the series for AMC, with "Breaking Bad" veteran Sam Catlin joining as showrunner.

On Sunday, May 22, "Preacher's" long road to live-action finally ends -- and a new journey begins -- as the acclaimed Vertigo comic book series created by writer Garth Ennis and artist Steve Dillon debuts on AMC. Starring Dominic Cooper as Jesse Custer, a small town Texas preacher inhabited by a mysterious entity and granted a bizarre power as a result, "Preacher" follows Custer on his journey to find God, and hopefully answers, alongside his vampire best friend Cassidy and long-time love Tulip O'Hare.

Ahead of the series premiere, CBR TV's Jonah Weiland welcome showrunner Sam Catlin in the world famous CBR Tiki Room at WonderCon to discuss what it was discovering "Preacher" for the first time, how it compares to other shows he's worked on and whether AMC is letting the show get as extreme as the comic book. He also talks about Garth Ennis' involvement in various aspects of the production, finding Dominic Cooper for the lead role and what surprised him about working on the first season thus far.

In the first part of his discussion with CBR, Catlin talked about reading "Preacher" for the first time when discussing the TV version, whether the adaptation has proved trickier than any of his other TV work, and how much the absurd and often violent elements fans can expect to see on the show. He also talks about how starstruck he's become working with Garth Ennis and how involved the co-creator has been now that the book is finally being adapted after years of false starts.

On how he reacted when he read the first six issue of "Preacher":

I'd never heard of it. My reaction, because it had been brought to me as a potential television show, my reaction was, "This is incredible. It's not a television show." I didn't really read graphic novels that much, and now I'm a big fan, so I didn't realize, "Wow, you can do that?" Why couldn't you do that? [Laughs] But yeah, I just couldn't believe how crazy and perverse and silly and dark and violent [it was], all in one universe.

On whether adapting "Preacher" has been more challenging than some of the other shows he's worked on:

It's different. It's a different kind of challenge. The rules are all baked into "Breaking Bad" in terms of human behavior, what's possible, the laws of physics apply. There's no Heaven, there's no Hell, there's no vampires. It's not jumping genres. It's not going from a Western to a crime drama to a Monty Python sex farce and all that stuff that's in "Preacher," so we sort of have to make up our own way of having all those things work together. On the other hand, that's sort of the best part about "Preacher." You can do whatever the fuck you want. [Laughter] If there's a world that has Satan and vampires and old cowboys -- it's liberating, because if you can think of it, and you can justify it, you can do it on "Preacher."

On whether AMC has placed any restrictions on the show's content, and how much of the book's over-the-top violence will make it on television:

Everyone keeps asking when is AMC gonna tell us, "Stop doing that." They just haven't done it. They've really just, they want to do "Preacher." They knew what they were getting into and I think a lot of these people forget, a lot of these people that work at these networks, they're "Preacher" fans, they're comic book fans, they're interested, a lot of these people, they want to see "Preacher" on TV. They don't want to see "Preacher," it's the PG-13 version on Sunday nights. We're all committed, and Seth and Evan and myself, we want to do "Preacher." We want to pull no punches just like Garth and see what we can get away with. And so far they've been letting us get away with pretty much everything.
Story continues below

In the second half of the conversation, Catlin talks about finding an actor to play Jesse Custer, the traits the character possess, and how they've found the show across the course of making Season One. Plus, he comments on whether readers will see some of their favorite shots recreated on TV.

On whether any actors were scared off by the book's content:

I think actors, when they see a character like Jesse Custer and all the different things he gets to do and the sort of power and the rage and the strength -- he's also got that sort of old fashioned movie star quality, you know? I think actors would be excited to play a role like this. I mean, I'm sure some of them weren't, but I don't care what the other ones think because we got Dominic. And I agree with you, I think he's fantastic.

On the biggest surprises since the show went into production:

I would say the thing that we've all had to learn in terms of tone -- I don't know if it's a surprise -- I think when we first approached the show it was like, "It's such a crazy world, anything can happen, all this crazy stuff is happening." I think we had a sense that the acting style had to be sort of heightened. And I think what we've all begun to discover, really since the pilot, is that the more people act like, "There's just vampires in this world." "Oh, there's angels." The more people are sort of just like regular people in this world, the more it has this effect of making the world bigger instead of smaller.

The first year of any show you're always trying to find your way, but the first year of a show like "Preacher" it's even more like from design to the actors to the directors to the writers, just figuring out, "Is that too funny? Is that too violent?" I don't mean like is that inappropriately violent, I just mean like if you go that violent right there, can you really come back for this nice little romantic moment in the next moment. Sort of calibrating all those moods that all happen within the space of a scene sometimes.

On whether there are any of Steve Dillon's iconic visuals from the comics that will be exactly replicated on TV:

There's so much great artwork and paneling that we're definitely -- we have a bunch of them on our wall which is like, "We gotta get to that shot. We gotta do that shot."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... -the-table

- Dominic Cooper habla sobre la absurda nueva serie de la AMC y el convertirse en un fan de los cómics (screencrush):
Dominic Cooper habla sobre la absurda nueva serie de la AMC y el convertirse en un fan de los cómics
Por Britt Hayes | 27 Abril 2016

Dominic Cooper is following up his role as the younger Howard Stark in Marvel’s Agent Carter with two more franchise adaptations this summer. In addition to appearing on the big screen in Duncan Jones’ Warcraft, Cooper stars in Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg’s Preacher, the new AMC series based on Garth Ennis’ beloved graphic novels. Debuting on May 1, the first episode impressively captures the darkly comedic and devious tone of the comics, leaving us eager to see more. We had a chance to speak with Cooper following the premiere of Preacher at SXSW, where he discussed his part in the risky adaptation and teased some of the crazy stuff we'll see in the episodes and (hopefully) seasons ahead.

In Preacher, Cooper plays Jesse Custer, a man with a troubled past who returns to his small southern town to take his father’s place at the head of a local church. His Warcraft co-star Ruth Negga plays Jesse’s charming criminal ex-girlfriend Tulip, with Joseph Gilgun as the equally alluring Cassidy (who also happens to be a vampire). We began our interview talking about Cooper’s role as a southerner:

Given how often we see you speaking with an American accent, I find it very hard to believe that you’re actually British.

I do speak with an American accent a lot these days. You’re right. I still think I’m hopeless at it as well.

Yeah…

No, you don’t agree with that. You better say, “No.”

No! No, you’re not hopeless at it. I think you’re great at it, and southern accents are a bit tricky.

[Seth Rogen is participating in interviews nearby]

It’s always difficult doing interviews next to Seth because he’s louder than everyone.

We actually played beer pong with him a couple of years ago during an interview for Neighbors.

Really?! Is that where you just try to get the ball in the cup?

Yes, and it turns out I’m pretty bad at it.

Oh, so you were drunk by the end?

It was 11 in the morning.

Quite the bum! Remorse at about 12:30 after an hour of absolute fun, and then just complete self-hatred.

It was terrible. But Preacher isn’t terrible! Let’s talk about that. This is another comic book role for you, and I’m sure you’re often asked if you had read the books before…

No, I didn’t. I read them before we started working, but I read the script before I read the comics, and then I went back to the comics and read them again just recently. I think it’s good just to refresh.

Are you a fan of the comics now?

I was never into comics! I can understand now. They were for the nerdy kids just obsessed with comics, and I’m like “What are you doing? Go outside, go out on your bike!” That was me. And now I understand. Now I understand why their minds were more advanced. They were reading. I was chucking turds at peoples’ heads from a bicycle…

Oh boy.

And they were reading this amazing dialogue that’s so advanced. If I was reading that sort of stuff as a kid, I don’t know, I’d be different. I look at that stuff now and I think, what a little world that you have. It’s like great film and great TV that you can have just reading that stuff. I think they’re awesome. I’ve really enjoyed going back into them and reading them so quickly as well. I do massive chunks at a time.

I don’t read many comics, but that’s one that I have read.

You did read it!

I did! And at the time I was listening to a lot of Bill Hicks’ comedy albums, so that little bit from the comics was so exciting. And he was more popular in England…

He was, he was. So I just don’t know why I didn’t know about it. When I mention it now to people who were into them, they go crazy about it. And you can get caught up in feeling a responsibility to those people who have read it, and you can get into some states of panic when you consider that if you did read them at a certain time, you experienced so much because those characters were a part of your life and got you through. So you know there’s quite a bit of pressure when you start out a job like this.

There are a few changes between the books and the TV series, but I think they’re good differences. Jesse, for instance, is a little softer.

Yeah, I think so. I’m still finding out so much about him and how to play him, and he’s surrounded by such big, elaborate characters. I think I’m struggling — well, not really struggling, but I’m just having to try to remain, I suppose, strong and still. Still and strong, and not getting caught up in other peoples’ speed. I think it’s something to do with the landscape, where he’s from, the world in which he existed, his background in the middle of nowhere. And when you say softer, it’s almost like we’re seeing him [in the pilot] before the comics, so he’s quite damaged at the beginning. Looking back at this now and seeing what else we’ve done and what else we’ve worked on, I see a damaged man. He’s almost given up. He tries and tries, but only to a point. He doesn’t really try. He has a bit of a go at it and realizes he’s just a bit of a drunk idiot. We are who we are, and he just kind of gives up. And that changes dramatically.

I think you’re right. It is sort of almost a prequel-Jesse. He’s not quite at his breaking point.

Right, and when he gets the power — it’s funny, we’ve just done the one in which he gets comfortable in his…strength. And he loves it. Not for very long! Because it makes him worried and he doesn’t want to fudge with it, but for a brief moment he loves it and thinks it’s all for good. But it’s not. I hope there’s color throughout, as I’m trying to find with him. There’s also a lot of different ways to play him.

There will be people watching the premiere who haven’t read the comics yet — as someone who also wasn’t familiar with the story, what was it about the script that hooked you?

That character. Well, all the characters, really. Well, you read it. It was unlike anything. It was unusual. I felt like I just got it. For me there’s all this, of course, about ludicrous vampires and munching each other’s necks, but at the heart of it they’re really well-written, great, brilliant, developed characters and scenes that you care about. It’s also so funny and at the same time there’s real heart and reality, like the scene of us two [Jesse and Tulip] in the car, just a girlfriend trying to persuade someone into the life they once had before. There’s something completely and utterly genuine at the center of it. And that’s what I enjoy doing. I’ve done loads of comic book stuff where it’s just been about superhero kind of stuff, which is great fun, and the fight sequences look great, but actually filming them, as actors, I don’t think that’s the stuff that feeds our passion. That’s sitting down and working the art of a scene out and where it begins and where it ends, and what happens to us in the middle of it.

Comic books can be pretty tricky to adapt, but Preacher is one of the trickier ones because it gets so absurd and grotesque. But the tone of this is so perfect.

They’ve got it right, haven’t they?

Impressed is the word I keep going back to.

Oh, did you like it? As a fan of the comics?

Oh, yeah.

You’ll really like it because it gets even better. It’s even more…the more you see them discovering…They really have got it.

When you say “more,” can we expect it to get even more graphic? I was a bit surprised by how much they got away with in that pilot, and the books have some pretty wild moments.

It’s shocking what happens. I’ve just read one where I was like, “Oh my god.” I’ve been playing this guy thinking everything he does is good, that it’s all from a good place. But something just happened in one I just read where it’s like, oh no, you are nasty. You are, you are, you are…that is a nasty move. And the lack of remorse after is just like, oh my god, you’re capable of that? So it’s going to go as far as you can imagine it. Those guys aren’t going to not let it go as far as it can possibly go. They’re going to just change everything by the end of the first season. It’ll be as absurd, and it’ll go to places if not further than you can possibly imagine. Which is great! It’s exactly as it should be.

You guys are staying in the fictional town of Annville for the entirety of the first season, correct?

Yes. It’s a really good point actually, and we’d love to go elsewhere but we just can’t. We can’t. We have to stay.

It’s good to have more time to establish these people in one place…

It’s really important.

Build some character…

Get to really know them, and then you can chuck them anywhere. It’s such a good concept, if you think about it. Think about any of your favorite characters from anything, and you’re able to throw them into the most ludicrous environment, it would be so entertaining. Think about those chaps from Breaking Bad. Put them in something different. And that, I imagine, is what’s going to end up happening. We’re going to go in search, and that can be anywhere from Heaven to Hell to…Paris. Because that’s what happens in the book. I think if people like it and they get it, and the more confidence they have in the show, then we’ll be able to be as absurd as you can ever possibly imagine.

It also depends on which characters they choose to study next, ‘cause they’re all from different places, aren’t they? There’s so much to choose from.

Is there something in particular that you’re looking forward to filming?

Their time in New York is absurd. There’s that whole bit in New York, and there’s loss. Stuff I haven’t done yet, with the Saint of Killers.

I was just talking to someone about that cool easter egg in the pilot — the liquor bottle that features the Saint of Killers’ logo…

Right!

We were wondering if we’ll actually get to see him.

We are. We’re gonna get to see him at work. Another interesting character from the comics that I just realized I’m excited for people to see is Quincannon [played by Jackie Earle Haley]. We’re both very powerful and there’s this scene where we’re coming head to head with one another, and how the dynamic within the scene works — ‘cause he’s desperate for my father’s land for his miserable meat business. And there’s a real power shift and a power play, so that’ll be fun. Each and every time you meet one of these characters it’s really exciting. Who else is there from the comic? I’m trying to think of some really big ones…

There’s Herr Starr, that sociopath with one eye…

Oh that’s going to be really great. It’s going to be madness. When do I lose my eye?

I feel like that takes a few books. You still have some time.

I hope so. I’m sure that will happen. How does he lose it again?

I think we’ve already spoiled enough here.

You’re right.

Would you be interested in returning for Agent Carter Season 3?

What are they saying? I don’t know, I haven’t seen anything.

Well, you’ve been pretty busy, but there’s talk of a possible third season.

I love playing that character. I have a lot of fun with it, and Hayley [Atwell] and James [D'Arcy] and myself just don’t stop laughing. It’s another one of those jobs where you go into work and just love it. So yeah, I’d love to!

And now you have a franchise of your very own.

Let’s see, I’ve done this, and Warcraft is coming up. Just loads of comic book stuff.

It has that quality to it, sure.

Funny, isn’t it? For someone who’s never read a comic.

You’re living the dream. Lots of fans would love to become their comic book heroes. But since you didn’t really read comics, do you have a personal hero you’ve always wanted to play?

I always wanted to play — ‘cause I liked their music and I thought the story of his life was quite interesting…There were loads of musicians, I suppose my generation of musicians, not the others. There’s INXS. I always wanted to play Michael Hutchence. I thought that would be a good film to make. I wanted to do that just to sing the songs. I love all their earlier albums.

That would be a pretty dark film, though, considering how his life ended.

Yeah. And Freddie Mercury. I would love to play Freddie Mercury. But again, very dark film and people are too scared to do that. I met about the INXS one and I wanted to do it dark, and they said no, but you have to see where the darkness was. That life corrupts, that world is a nightmare. You’re the most famous whatever for that moment in time. It goes dark, and that’s what we want to do.

That’s the same problem they’re having with the Freddie Mercury biopic.

They’re too scared to do it. The band won’t allow them to do it. They’re like, “No, just make it about how wonderful it was, yada yada.” Well, why?! What happened when you broke up? What was his dark route into the wrong place with that new manager who affected him and was part of the split-up? That’s interesting, and I think that’s why they’ve been struggling with it.

What’s the latest? Are they not doing it anymore?

Sacha Baron Cohen was going to do it, but they pushed him off because he wanted to get into that heavier stuff.

Who’s directing it now?

I have no idea. Stephen Frears was going to do it a few years ago, but I think they’re still looking.

Yeah, that’s definitely not happening. He went off. There were a whole bunch of them [directors], I can’t remember, but I know because I met with them about it early on.

Well maybe something will change. Maybe we’ll see you as Freddie Mercury someday.

Maybe!

http://screencrush.com/dominic-cooper-p ... interview/
- Ruth Negga sobre la violenta nueva serie de AMC y el interpretar a una encantadora criminal (screencrush):
Ruth Negga sobre la violenta nueva serie de AMC y el interpretar a una encantadora criminal
Britt Hayes 29 Abril 2016

Ruth Negga appears opposite Dominic Cooper in this summer’s Warcraft, but before then, you can see the pair’s chemistry at work in Preacher, Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg’s new AMC series based on Garth Ennis’ classic graphic novels. We had a chance to speak with Negga about her role as the impossibly charming Tulip O’Hare, the joys of playing such a complex character, and what we can expect from the series following its May 22 premiere.

In Preacher, Negga plays Tulip, the ex-girlfriend of Cooper’s Jesse Custer, a man with a troubled past who returns to his small hometown to take up his father’s position as the head of a local church. Tulip’s particular set of skills are on full display in the wildly entertaining pilot episode, which offers just a taste of the absolute madness to come. Following our chat with Dominic Cooper, we spoke with Negga about the season premiere:

As a fan of the comic, I found the first episode to be very impressive. The casting is great, the characters are just as compelling on screen, and the tone is just perfect.

The thing is, this was made by fans, and I know that sounds dull — everyone’s already said that. I am so excited to see, I mean, I’ve seen lots of stuff we’ve done, but the fans were giggly — so giggly — about it today. We’re laughing our tits off, actually, to be honest, because it was so perfect. There’s so much going on. It’s so juicy and sumptuous. You see things that you might’ve missed before, and it’s exciting. We’re excited for everyone involved because it’s just such a brilliantly written show.

It is. It’s very well-written.

And it’s just really good fun. And it’s not just fun like, surf is fun. People have these ideas about comic books and their adaptations, as flashy and sort of surface-y broad strokes-type projects, but they’re not, really. This certainly isn’t. There’s a lot going on and many little parts here, and things tie into the next episode and it’s complex in a really exciting way.

Everyone asks if the actors read the comics before they were cast in the adaptations. Dominic Cooper gave me the common answer, which is that he read them after. Was that also the case with you?

It’s like the chicken and the egg now. I was familiar with them, and I might have read some of them. I had a lot of comic book nerd cousins, so I’m sure I had. But as soon as I read [the script] I thought, oh, I’ve got to get my hands on these. And there I was at four in the morning, like [gasping], I’ve got to find out what happens! They’re a binge read.

Tulip is amazing, and when I read the comics, I knew I wanted to be just like her when I grew up. I’m 30 now, and I just watched the pilot and I still want to be Tulip when I grow up.

Me too.

You bring so much charisma to the character, and when Tulip first shows up in the pilot — despite what she does to that guy — you just instantly fall for her.

You know what I love? Those awesome actors who were the kids making the bazooka with me, I actually got a bit teary when the camera holds off and [the little girl] sees this amazing woman, and I thought, “I hope she grows up to be a gun-toting heroine like Tulip.” There’s something about her that’s just so…that not-give-a-fuck attitude is always — it’s a present given to men, isn’t it? Women always have to have this soft, maternal, sort of, I don’t know, moral center.

We’ve typically seen a lot of movies and shows that take women’s strengths, like empathy, and turn them into weaknesses.

It’s two-fold, isn’t it? You can be all of those things because I think Tulip is empathetic, you know? She is emotionally considerate, definitely for those kids. I mean, in her own twisted logic she says — after they see her, like, shoving a corn cob down a man’s throat — she says, “Yeah, but he was a bad man.” I don’t know why women aren’t allowed to have the same sort of breadth and scope and flaws of men. It kinda nags at me, you know? You want to see a realistic reflection of something on screen, you want to see something that makes you go, “Oh, it is okay to be looked at,” or “I see a similarity there.” I do think it is getting better and better, but so much of our opinions are formed by what we watch and read that I think it can sort of get skewed by these unrealistic portrayals. It’s important for these guys and me to have a woman who can be feminine and be a gun-toting assassin. They’re not two mutually aspects of someone, are they?

No, not at all. Our first impression of Tulip is of someone who is tough and self-sufficient, but there’s also a distinct sensitivity there.

She’s wounded. And that’s what I love about Tulip. She’s the most explosive person I’ve ever read or seen. And it’s her one recurring thing is that she’s a volatile human being, but nothing she does is out of sadistic need to hurt anybody. I genuinely think she is bound to the scales of justice. She’s out to get what she wants, but like I said at the Q&A, she’s a vigilante of sorts. She has her own sense of what is right and wrong.

We see that in your first scene, which gets a little graphic. The pilot as a whole has some surprisingly gruesome stuff, and I asked Dominic how much more crazy the series will get…

[Nods emphatically]

Oh, yeah? I wanted to ask you about it because he seems like he might be more squeamish, so maybe he’s exaggerating.

Oh no, it’s graphic. I don’t know what people are going to make of it. I’m sure we’ll get, like, picketed. You know, violence in film and television is an ongoing conversation and I like eavesdropping on it, but I’m never sure what my opinion is. I like watching creative violence, but I don’t know. There’s also humor to this violence, and the humor is unexpected.

There’s also a fine line between devious, entertaining mayhem and the sort of mean violence that’s just unpleasant to watch. And Preacher falls on the right side of that line.

That’s an excellent way of putting it. Can you just pretend that I said that?

Sure! I’ve just been thinking this because I watched a horror film the other night that didn’t navigate that line very well.

Saw, right?

Something like that.

I just feel deeply unreal. I’m sure they’re good movies, but I can’t see the wood for the trees there because with something like that I just can’t bear it. There was a really interesting film, but it troubled me deeply. Wolf Creek, did you see it?

I still haven’t seen it!

Oh, you haven’t watched it? You can’t un-see that shit.

I kind of like those kinds of movies, though, when executed properly.

I mean, that theme is in the [Preacher] comic, though, isn’t it? Eugene [Arseface] has that whole thing with Nirvana.

And the show does a great job of making him empathetic. In the comic he’s always sort of the butt of the joke, literally. But when he’s introduced in the pilot you immediately want to hug him and find out what happened to him.

Wait till you find out…

Well, I mean, we know.

[Laughs] Right, right.

And he’s another character who displays strength despite how wounded he is. We were talking before about strong women — I almost said “strong female characters,” but I hate that term.

I fuckin’ hate it, too.

It’s very reductive.

Right, it’s very one-sided. Like, non-three-dimensional. There’s ONE dimension there and that’s it. And it’s like you were saying about strength. What is strength, you know? What is the nature of strength?

It’s many different things.

I don’t really know how strong someone is if they’re compelled to a life of violence. Is that strong? No. That’s damaged.

I don’t think she’s weak. But her behavior is a reaction to her own weakness.

Yeah, because you know, this isn’t a show that’s just like, yeah, girls kick ass! Girls can also kick ass! It’s deeper. There’s so many interesting questions about violence in the show. As Jesse’s seen with our nature, you know, it’s like, can we change our nature? Is it possible? Jesse’s on a road to redemption, and this [scene] in the bar, it throws him because he thinks, “Gosh, will I ever escape my past? Can I be redeemed?” I think that’s an ongoing question for both Jesse and Tulip throughout, and it’s a question that will be addressed.

That’s addressed directly in the pilot when Tulip wonders if there is an act that is ultimately unforgivable.

Right, exactly.

You guys are going to be doing some pretty unforgivable things. Maybe for six or seven seasons.

Oh, I hope so. We have that oscillation between deep affection and utter dislike for every single character. One minute you’re like, [mock cheering] yeah! And then it’s, “Well, that’s not terribly cool. I don’t think I like that about you.”

But TV is a great place to explore that spectrum.

Yeah. Isn’t that what Viola Davis said, when she won an award recently? She said, “Thank you for letting me play this messy, complicated, not-terribly-nice-sometimes human being.”

http://screencrush.com/preacher-ruth-negga-interview/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nueva imagen promocional de Joseph Gilgun como 'Cassidy':

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "PREACHER" para AMC

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nueva imagen bts durante una mesa de lectura de la serie (13-04-16):

Imagen

(@PreacherAMC: Sign up for the #PREACHER Insiders Club to get an exclusive look at the first table read!)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- PREACHER | "Fire" Teaser Promo (AMC):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo póster promocional de Ruth Negga como 'Tulip':

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Video BTS de la primera mesa de lectura de "Preacher" (17-04-16):

https://twitter.com/PreacherAMC/status/ ... 8729299968

- PREACHER | Official teaser #2:
https://twitter.com/PreacherAMC/status/ ... 3232190464

- PREACHER | PROMO CLIP "CASSIDY":

- PREACHER | PROMO CLIP "TULIP":
https://twitter.com/PreacherAMC/status/ ... 9029817346

- PREACHER | PROMO CLIP "FIORE & DEBLANC":
https://amp.twimg.com/v/cea6fc12-ee43-4 ... 90acd2c4e1

- PREACHER | PROMO CLIP "JESSE":
https://amp.twimg.com/v/c1b58f62-9d15-4 ... 59607badc4

- PREACHER | PROMO CLIP "ASERFACE + SHERIFF ROOT":
https://amp.twimg.com/v/4ad41f06-6736-4 ... 351f76c13d

- PREACHER | PROMO CLIP "WELCOME TO ANNVILLE":

- PREACHER | PROMO CLIP "In 7 Days":
https://amp.twimg.com/v/14fca1d0-ab25-4 ... 96feccde35

- PREACHER | "Preacher is your new favorite show" Promo:
https://amp.twimg.com/v/41ab67fb-e621-4 ... 60affe26df

- PREACHER | Official teaser #3:
https://twitter.com/PreacherAMC/status/ ... 4823713798

- PREACHER | PROMO CLIP "5 Days":

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes promocionales de los personajes:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevos pósters promocionales de 'Jesse' y 'Cassidy' y nuevas imágenes promocionales de la S1:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/728686034020487168
https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/72 ... 36/photo/1
https://twitter.com/PreacherAMC/status/ ... 3784665089

En ellos, se rinde homenaje a otras ya míticas portadas del cómic de Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon:
Captura.JPG

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- PREACHER | "Under Control" Promo (ET Online):
http://www.etonline.com/tv/188264_exclu ... he_summer/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- PREACHER | Season 1 FEATURETTES (2016) [RECAP]:

- The Characters of Preacher: Pre-Premiere:

- A Look at the Series: Preacher: Pre-Premiere:

- Greeting from set: Preacher: Pre-Premiere:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Por qué los productores ejecutivos de "Preacher" descartaron sus planes originales para la serie (EW):
Por qué los productores ejecutivos de "Preacher" descartaron sus planes originales para la serie
Por Clark Collis 13 Mayo, 2016

On May 22, AMC will premiere its new comic book adaptation Preacher, about a superpower-possessing man-of the cloth named Jesse Custer, his criminally-inclined ex-girlfriend Tulip O’Hare, and an alcoholic Irish vampire, Cassidy. But the pilot viewers will see is very different from the one originally pitched by executive producers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.

The pair are longtime fans of writer Garth Ennis and artist Steve Dillon’s late ’90s comic and initially planned the show —which stars Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga, and Joseph Gilgun — to be an entirely faithful adaptation.

“We came in with a bunch of boards with the characters and we pretty much said, ‘We’re going to do the comic,’” says Goldberg, who wrote and directed both This Is the End and The Interview with Rogen. “We actually pitched, ‘It’s going to be like Sin City, frame-for-frame, almost. We’re going to be really true to the comic.’”
See also
'Preacher' executive producer Seth Rogen once hoped to play Arseface
AMC and DC to give away 100,000 copies of 'Preacher' #1
How to tell the difference between 'Preacher' and 'The Preachers'

“And we totally just threw that out the window,” says Rogen.

“Totally f–king hurled it,” adds Goldberg.

The problem? Ennis and Goldberg’s comic opens at both a frenetic pace and deep into the saga’s plot.

“Narratively, it starts at 110 miles an hour,” says Sam Catlin, another of the show’s EPs and a Breaking Bad behind-the-scenes veteran. “I don’t know how you tell that story in the narrative television form. So, came up with the idea that we would see Jesse as a preacher — because he’s only very briefly a preacher in the comic, and then he’s just kind of a bad-ass guy in a preacher collar. We thought there would be an opportunity to see someone try to do their job, be sort of the spiritual sheriff for the town. There’s so many big set pieces and crazy, over-the-wall violence, comedy, stuff like that. We wanted to ground it in something familiar, so that it didn’t feel like a bad acid trip.”

How did AMC react to this dramatic change of plan? Funny story…

“What’s funny is that we never really told AMC,” says Rogen. “When we were filming the pilot, one of the heads of AMC came up to me and was like, ‘I know no one’s mentioned it, but we know. Don’t think it got past us that you pitched us one thing and now we are here filming something which is 100 percent different than the thing you pitched us.’ We were like, ‘Oh, good. We thought they just didn’t notice.’ They’ve been outrageously supportive, honestly.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/13/pr ... shed-plans?
- Productores ejecutivos explican por qué una adaptación exacvta no funcionaría (collider):
Productores ejecutivos explican por qué una adaptación exacvta no funcionaría
Por Allison Keene 13 Mayo 2016

It’s tough for book readers or comic fans whose beloved works get adapted into TV series or movies. You want to love it, and yet, you can’t help but also want to compare every aspect of it (I went through it with Game of Thrones, and it’s still a struggle!) That’s something that Preacher fans will have to contend with when AMC’s series launches in a few weeks. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, who brought the project to life, want to keep fans happy, but there will be some changes along the way.

Recently, Rogen and Goldberg mentioned to EW that their original pitch of Garth Ennis and artist Steve Dillon’s comic to AMC was for it to be a 100% faithful adaptation. “We actually pitched, ‘It’s going to be like Sin City, frame-for-frame, almost. We’re going to be really true to the comic,” said Goldberg. Rogen added, “And we totally just threw that out the window.” Totally fucking hurled it,” Goldberg agreed.

During the TCA panel for Preacher, the duo said that,
“We talked with Garth, and Garth very much encouraged us to make a lot of small changes and to make it a good show first and foremost. Our big thing is we want fans who love the comic to get everything they want but also make some new twists and turns.”
Though critics were given the Preacher comic (the first trade collection) to accompany the screeners, I held off until after I’d written my review, knowing that the most important thing is for the show to stand on its own without prior comic knowledge. Though I think that knowledge will definitely help understand where the show is going, Rogen said at TCA that,
“We love the comic, and we are going to make a show we like. So we hope that that translates to people who love the comic as well. But, again, our first and foremost goal is to make a great, entertaining, fun television show that, if you’ve never heard of the comic book, you love. We talked a lot about that.”
One major difference from the comics is explained by another of the show’s executive producers, Sam Catlin, who told EW:
“Narratively, it starts at 110 miles an hour. I don’t know how you tell that story in the narrative television form. So, came up with the idea that we would see Jesse as a preacher — because he’s only very briefly a preacher in the comic, and then he’s just kind of a bad-ass guy in a preacher collar. We thought there would be an opportunity to see someone try to do their job, be sort of the spiritual sheriff for the town. There’s so many big set pieces and crazy, over-the-wall violence, comedy, stuff like that. We wanted to ground it in something familiar, so that it didn’t feel like a bad acid trip.”
In fact, the series — set in Texas, though filmed at Albuquerque Studios — is the total opposite of what they originally pitched to AMC. Rogen said that an AMC executive confronted them while they shot the pilot and said, “Don’t think it got past us that you pitched us one thing and now we are here filming something which is 100 percent different than the thing you pitched us.” But apparently they trusted them, with Rogen adding, “‘Oh, good. We thought they just didn’t notice.’ They’ve been outrageously supportive, honestly.”

Preacher stars Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga, and Joseph Gilgun, whose characters you can meet in the new featurette below. The series premieres on AMC Sunday, May 22nd, and we’ll also have recaps from our comics expert Evan Valentine following each new episode.

http://collider.com/preacher-amc-seth-r ... -goldberg/?
- Ruth Negga habla sobre Tulip, Racebending, y el interpretar a la Michelle Obama de "Warcraft" (CBR):
Ruth Negga habla sobre Tulip, Racebending, y el interpretar a la Michelle Obama de "Warcraft"
Por Kristy Puchko 16 Mayo, 2016

SPOILER ARNING: The following interview contains slight spoilers for AMC's "Preacher."

Ruth Negga is poised to have a major year. Leaving behind the spiked prosthetics of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s" inhuman Raina, this Irish ingénue will hit theaters later this year in the much-anticipated fantasy-adventure "Warcraft," but not before she returns to television for a new comic-inspired adventure with AMC's "Preacher."

Based on Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon's groundbreaking comic series, "Preacher" follows the crisis of faith of the titular anti-hero Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper). In his quest to literally find God, Jesse finds unlikely allies in Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun), a cheeky Irish vampire, and Tulip (Negga), a stylish criminal who also happens to be this preacher's ex-girlfriend.

While revamping comic book's characters is often a recipe for disaster, the show's producers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg have made intriguing changes to Tulip, casting Negga as a character who was a white blonde woman in the source material. The character and her criminal tendencies are also introduced through something other than a bungled assassination attempt, as Tulip tears onto the scene with an explosive action sequence that has her battling two men while driving through a cornfield, and then teaching some farm kids a couple of lessons about empowerment, love and DIY weaponry.

When CBR sat down with Negga at SXSW, we dove into these differences, specifically looking at how race-bending comes into play in both "Preacher" and Hollywood in general, Tulip's unique brand of feminism, and what the gleefully violent anti-heroine's Youtube channel would look like.

CBR News: Tulip gets a very different introduction in the show than in the comic. Can you talk a bit about how this elaborate fight sequence came together?

Ruth Negga: It didn't take long, actually. We were working with pros, pro fight directors and stunt coordinators -- she's much more an active participant in her own story in our version. Is that fair to say?

I think so. I think Tulip, in the comics, feels very wounded. Here, that's more a layer than the forefront characteristic.

It absolutely is. I think that if she was going to be one of this trio of misfits, she needed to meet them in terms of their strength, really. She needs to be a match for both of these men. I think that it was super important for Seth (Rogen) and Evan (Goldberg) to have a woman who wasn't -- I'm not saying she was like this in the comic, but -- sort of like a projection for things. She has a very strong story in her own right. She's not a quite point of reference for Jesse's story. The way she's introduced in this is basically a calling card, going, "She's nobody's girlfriend." Or, "She's not just somebody's girlfriend."

There's even a speech about female empowerment, without being super on the nose about it.

Yeah, exactly. The brilliant thing about that speech is that she's basically saying, it's okay to beat someone up or be violent if it's going to help you. She has a very twisted moral viewpoint, but it's so necessary, because so often women aren't allowed that, are they? That opportunity, to be a fully rounded, flawed human being with a twisted viewpoint. It's always the man. The woman is always kind of sober, motherly energy.

Anti-heroes in fiction are typically men.

Yeah, and I think there's a lot of women like me, who -- I was like, "Oh, I don't really identify with that all the time, because I can be as explosive as the next person." I want the portrayal of women on screen and television to allow me to feel like it's okay to be the anti-hero. It's not determined by sex, or it shouldn't be, but we've been sort of trained to think that, that this is road for women, and this is the road for men. I think that's boring, and I think it's just wrong. It needs to kind of [waves hand as if brushing the concept away]. I mean, it is happening, very much so on TV, especially.

It's one of the ways this adaptation of "Preacher" feels contemporary. Reading the comic, it does feel like a story of its time.

Definitely. I think that's a very fair point. I think you can't make that comic frame-by-frame, now. I don't think it would do the comic justice, you know?

Another change in Tulip is that she's race-bent in the show. Was that something that especially appealed to you in taking the role?

I was reading this article in the last year saying, "These brown people are taking all these white people's roles!" And I was like, really? Are you serious? And people are saying, "Oh, God, I hope this doesn't change Tulip too much!" And I'm like, well, you know, she's just not blonde, but brown and has smaller boobs. It doesn't change the essential nature of this person.

It's an interesting element, isn't it? I mean, it's set in the South, and it doesn't ignore the fact that it's a mixed place. I think it was a brilliant change, obviously, because I got the part. But it's the conversation that our TV and film has to reflect the reality. It just has to, because it's a duty. It's a duty.

As an actress of color, are you experiencing an opening up in opportunities? I mean, obviously you won this role, but do you see a change, or do you think we still have a long way to go?

I think it's moving at glacial pace, really. It feels like the conversations quickened up recently with the whole Oscars So White thing. Whatever you believe, or your opinion about it, is sort of beside the point, because the thing is, people are turning around and being like, "Oh, my God, of course! This is ridiculous. It's actually a ridiculous situation, and it should change." And I think that's a good thing.

The status quo is being challenged, and the idea that there should be minimal amount of black people onscreen, that idea will become completely unacceptable. Where at the moment it's just like, "Oh, well -- that's just the way it is, isn't it?" Nothing had been achieved in terms of equal opportunities through complacency. It's always been through agitation, hasn't it? And saying just because this is how it is doesn't mean that it has be how it is, or that it's right, or fair.

My big argument is that even if you want to push the politics aside, it's an argument in favor of talent. Where, if you open up the field of opportunities, and we don't just assume that white male is the default for all things, then look at what we get. Like this year, we had "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" which had --

John Boyega.

And Daisy Ridley as Rey! And they opened up this "Star Wars" franchise -- that a lot of people were afraid couldn't continue to thrive -- in a way that made it so much more accessible to so many more people. They didn't lose their audience; they gained a wider audience that felt newly-embraced by the thing they love.

They also gained a deeper love from fans that already exist, i.e. people of color and women. There is a huge [group of them]. Geeky, comic-book-loving people aren't just white males. I think there's a bigger level of respect among black female nerds [for those films], because they're like, "Finally!" Like, "We read them, too! We're obsessed with them, too!" I think that's the exciting thing.

Is that something, in taking on this role, that you take to it?

Yes, definitely. I mean, I'm adamant about it. Like, it's amazing when you think about it. You get so used to not seeing people who look like you in roles, or having interesting complex characters with depth, it's frightening how you can become so complacent. You think, "Why wasn't I more angry about this earlier?" Because you just think, "Oh, that's the way it is." And now, I think there's a whole generation of people -- it's very good -- who go, "No. No, I'm not accepting that, actually. Now I can agitate for change."

Speaking of other nerd projects you've got coming up, you've also got "Warcraft." What can you tell us about that?

Dunno what I can say about that. I saw it!

And?

I loved it. It's really exciting, it's funny. I'm delighted, because humor is very much a part of this world, isn't it? I dunno. I really enjoyed it.

What can you tell us about your "Warcraft" character?

She is the wife of King Llane (played by "Preacher" co-star Dominic Cooper). Her name is Lady Taria. I think that she is basically one-half of a power couple. She's Michelle Obama.

She's the Michelle Obama of "Warcraft" --

In medieval dress.

So, Tulip's DIY bazooka. I don't really have a question -- I just think it's fabulous.

It's still there. I have requested it as my end of season gift, so I can put it in glass.

And hang it above your mantle?

Yeah. I love it.

It made me want to Google that, but I don't want to end up on a watch list.

That's what I said! "Is this readily available?" I think because people just assume it wouldn't be, they don't look. But yeah, have a look. Just some moonshine and duct tape. There's some other things you can use; you can experiment, as well. I have a feeling it wouldn't do as much damage as the bazooka in ours, which pretty much brought down a Black Hawk. If you're expecting to do that kind of damage, I don't think a homemade bazooka with toy soldiers would cut it, to be honest.

I can just imagine Tulip's Youtube tutorial on build your own bazooka.

Oh! Maybe we could do that for the extras on the DVD! I actually should use your video idea.

Please do that!

We could get the kids back in there to be my helpers.

And the glasses! It's a whole image.

It's a whole thing, isn't it? And next week it, will be homemade grenades. "Weaponry with Tulip!" Oh, my God, it's brilliant. Spinoff! [Playfully waves to showrunner Sam Catlin at another table] "Sam, I got an idea!"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... elle-obama
- Seth Rogen sobre ‘Preacher’: ‘Es divertida, pero también está jodida’ (Variety):
Seth Rogen sobre ‘Preacher’: ‘Es divertida, pero también está jodida’
Por Maria Cavassuto 16 Mayo, 2016 | 03:08PM PT

AMC’s newest comic book adaptation “Preacher,” developed by Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and “Breaking Bad” co-producer and writer Sam Catlin, is taking a page from “The Walking Dead” and veering away from a faithful representation of Garth Ennis’ comic book.

“The comic creates a world where anything is possible and anything can happen. It’s very funny, but it’s also f—ed up,” said Rogen.

“Garth was a big advocate of taking a new path, to allow a new audience to discover the show and not strictly adhering to the comics,” added Rogen.

“We were proposing that we do a version extremely similar to the comics and he told us that was stupid,” added Goldberg.

“I think everyone was afraid to say it, and he was the first one to say, ‘You can just do this, you’re not going to get enough episodes. You have to change it,'” said Rogen.

Ennis’ one condition was not to change the core emotions of the characters and that they stay “somewhat true to the characters,” according to Goldberg.

One of the main differences it that you never see the main character Jesse Custer as a preacher in the comics. When the comics begin, he’s already “kind of done with it,” as Rogen put it.

“It’s called ‘Preacher,’ he’s dressed as a preacher … maybe you should see him being a preacher. We thought it was good to show what that part of his life was like as well,” said Rogen.

But Rogen also added that there will be some minor, yet significant changes that might not sit well with die hard fans.

“There’s a million little things that if you’re a fan of the comics that will be devastating, but I think you’ll get over it,” he said. “I think fans of the comics, as the season progresses, will be surprised at how much stuff we will be including as opposed to how little.”

Although the name “Preacher” indicates that there could be a religious component to the show, it’s not the “overriding umbrella under which the whole show exists.”

“There’s some theological elements, but it has more to do with the characters’ morality instead of whether they believe in God or not, or believe in this or that. It speaks more to the characters than us trying to make some statement about religion,” added Rogen.

“When we made this, we thought we were going to come under fire from a lot of religious groups. If it’s operating under any idea is that it’s all true. Not all the characters believe it and not everyone on the show likes it,” he said. “Just because people are religious, doesn’t mean they’re all willing to get up in arms about it.”

Some other changes include casting Ruth Negga as Tulip, instead of a white actress, as Custer’s ex-girlfriend. They updated Arseface’s backstory to resonate with younger audiences, eliminating his penchant for Nirvana. The changes were not limited to on-camera elements — they also extended behind the scenes. Out of the “six or so” directors hired to helm the series, two were women.

“It’s not good by any standards, but it’s a lot better than other TV shows,” said Rogen.

As far as his other comic book adaptation, Rogen thinks the filmmakers tried to fit too much into “The Green Hornet.”

“If you’re a fan of the comic, you’re probably not going to be upset at the end of the whole run and you also won’t be able to predict what’s going to happen,” added Goldberg.

http://variety.com/2016/scene/vpage/set ... 201776042/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- AMC emitirá un programa especial de "Preacher" tras su estreno el próximo domingo:
Como se anunció la noche pasada en el episodio de "Talking Dead", AMC emitirá un programa especial en directo, llamado "Talking Preacher", tras la season premiere y los episodios dinales de su muy anticipada nueva serie "Preacher".

Presewntado por Chris Hardwick (Nerdist, Talking Dead, Talking Saul), el coloquio de una hora contará con el elenco de la serie, los creadores, productores y fans famosos que hablarán y analizarán la retorcida nueva serie sobrenatural de comedia negra.

"Talking Preacher" debutará el fin de semana del Memorial Day el Domingo, 29 de Mayo a las 10:30 p.m. ET/PT tras una repetición del episodio piloto de “Preacher” a las 9:00 p.m. ET/PT con la estrella de la serie Dominic Cooper y los productores ejecutivos Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg y Sam Catlin como invitados.

El segundo especial se emitirá tras la season finale el Domingo 31 de Julio a las 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.

“Está muy claro que Chris Hardwick sabe cómo liderar y navegar una conversación sobre hordas de zombies en ‘Talking Dead’ y astutos abogados en ‘Talking Saul,’ así es que no podemos esperar a ver cómo maneja este nuevo lote de locos personajes de fuera de este mundo para ‘Preacher,’ dice Joel Stillerman, presidente de programación original y desarrollo de AMC y SundanceTV. “Es increíble el ver la creación de los cómics de Garth Ennis y Steve Dillon cobrar vida y sé que Chris y nuestros invitados especiales en ‘Talking Preacher’ pasarán un buen rato cautivando a los fans en una viva conversación que gire en torno a esta retorcida e impredecible nueva serie.”

"Talking Preacher" está producido por Embassy Row con los productores ejecutivos Michael Davies, Hardwick, Jen Patton, Brandon Monk y Brillstein Entertainment Partners.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/37417 ... w#/slide/1

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”