"ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arrow

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arr

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow, 24 HQ Stills 2.08 "The Scientist":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Arrow" le da a Oliver Queen la característica máscara de su alter-ego (EW.com):
Imagen Imagen
Oliver Queen pronto será un héroe enmascarado.

EW tiene las primeras imágenes en exclusiva de la nueva máscara de Arrow, que hará su debut en el episodio del 11 de Diciembre.

Según el productor ejecutivo Andrew Kreisberg, el cambio de debe a una multitud de motivos: ”Conceptualmente, era algo que queríamos hacer porque el mismo Oliver está evolucionando como Arrow– de ser un vigilante a un héroe, o se podría decir de Arrow a Green Arrow — y queríamos ver esa progresión en el traje también,” dice. “A medida que Oliver está abrazando el ser el héroe, ser un héroe significa salir de las sombras y ser más un símbolo, así es que tiene que dar pasos que le lleven a esconder más su identidad.”

Además, el añadir la máscara tiene beneficios logísticos. En la segunda temporada, Oliver está trabajando de forma más cercana con varias personas que no conocen su identidad secreta y se hace cada vez más y más difícil de creer que pueda esconderse la cara con la capucha. “Va a permitir a Arrow el interactuar con gente que no conoce su identidad de una forma mucho más orgánica que el tenerle constantemente agachando la cabeza,” dice Kreisberg.

La diseñadora de vestuario, Maya Mani, hizo más de 50 máscaras hasta que eligieron el diseño verde oscuro que aparece en las fotos. El productor ejecutivo Greg Berlanti instó a que se optara por la simplicidad. “Muchos de nuestros intentos iniciales fueron muy, debería decir, muy a lo Joel Schumacher. Y fue Greg quien dijo que no lo complicáramos,” dice. “Y cre que lo genial sobre el diseño que Maya realizó es que es realmente simple, y se siente como si hubiera sido parte del traje desde el principio... una vez que tuvimos esta máscara y se la pusimos a Stephen [Amell], él dijo, ‘Esta es la perfecta.’”

El equipo de la serie flirteó con la idea de la máscara desde el piloto, pero en ese momento habían impedimentos de tiempo y preocupaciones sobre el poner un héroe enmascarado antes la nueva audiencia. ”Por todo el trabajo que se empleó en crear su máscara, todas esas eran las razones por las que no lo hicimos cuando hicimos el piloto,” dice Kreisberg, “y también, algunas veces, la gente ha tenido este acto reflejo de ver a alguien con una máscara del ‘Oh, eso es estúpido.’ Pero creo que ahora la gente ve lo seria que es la serie y lo asentada en la realidad que está, la máscara se va a sentir como una evolución natural.”

El cambio de la máscara se verá mencionado en pantalla: “No va y se pone sólo la máscara. Es en realidad un importante punto del guión en el episodio, y hay realmente una historia detrás, no sólo la necesidad de la máscara sino también quién se la da,” dice. “Va a ser uns sorpresa, y una vez que vean cómo se creó la máscara, creo que la gente va a estar muy emocionada con ello.”

¿Qué decís? ¿Os gusta Oliver con su nuevo look?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/19/arrow ... sk-photos/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo sneek Peek 2.07 "State vs Queen":

http://www.zap2it.com/videogallery/7825 ... e-vs-Queen

- ¿Va Roy Harper a tener su uniforme pronto? (eonline.com):
Jenna: Arrow es ridículamente bueno esta temporada. ¿Qué está por llegar para mi personaje favorito Roy?
¡Respuestas y revelaciones! Adelantos de Colton Haynes, "Está realmente ocupado aún intentando encontrar a Arrow, pero al mismo tiempo, está lentamente empezando a descubrir quién es Arrow y que podría posiblemente ser Oliver." Hmm…combina eso con el traje super-secreto de Haynes que está por llegar y parece que el Team Arrow puede que tenga otro miembro completamente desarrollado en sus manos pronto.

http://uk.eonline.com/news/481726/spoil ... t-and-more

- El regreso de The Count no será el único problema de Oliver (TVGuide):
El regreso de The Count no será el único problema de Oliver
Por Natalie Abrams 19 Nov, 2013 09:55 PM ET

The Count has returned to stir up more trouble in Starling City — and this time, his quest for vengeance against Oliver will put Team Arrow in the line of fire.

On Wednesday's episode (8/7c, The CW), viewers will discover that The Count (Seth Gabel) escaped from maximum security prison during the Undertaking and has set his sights on making Oliver (Stephen Amell) pay for using his own drugs against him. "The Count has learned from his past mistakes and he's spent countless days replaying in his mind the last confrontation that they had and the vulnerability that he showed. So he's very excited to make up for that and really strike the Arrow where it hurts most, which is his loved ones," Gabel tells TVGuide.com. "He wants to make him suffer as much as possible before he ultimately destroys him."

Gabel promises The Count will stop at nothing to make Oliver pay — which is an especially scary threat since Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) will fall right into The Count's trap. "By having Felicity, he can make Arrow defenseless and drop his guard," Gabel says. "If he can get [Arrow] to open up that window where he'll show that little bit of weakness that The Count did last season, then he can get his revenge on him."

Starling City will also enter the line of fire as The Count concocts a plan to give the residents a taste of his drug, Vertigo, in order to get them hooked. "In The Count's mind, Vertigo is a gift to the world," Gabel says. "In his mind, people want an escape. He's fully justified in being the King of Starling City and anyone who gets in the way of that needs to be killed." Surely other villains roaming Starling City might not be too happy about The Count trying to be king, but Gabel played coy on whether that meant The Count would be at odds with Brother Blood (Kevin Alejandro).

In addition to facing his nemesis, Oliver will also have to face the possibility of losing his mom. This week marks the beginning of her trial, which could result in the death penalty if she is found guilty of being involved in the Undertaking. Moira (Susanna Thompson) initially tried to steer clear of court because she thought secrets from her past with Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) would be unearthed, but her children refused to accept that route.

"She's created such a great place of honesty now, but she still can't bring certain information forward," Thompson says. "In the same way that she protected her children and their lives in the first season, her resistance to share certain aspects and certain bits of information are related to a sense of survival." Reacting to a popular theory that the secret could be that Thea (Willa Holland) is actually the daughter of Malcolm, Thompson was also radio silent, though she did say the producers have only told her bits and pieces of the truth.

To make the trial even more difficult, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) must try Moira when ADA Adam Donner (Dylan Bruce) collapses in court with symptoms stemming from Vertigo. "She's caught between a rock and a hard place," Cassidy says. "This is her job. She feels bad doing it, but she is so good at her job that it's almost like she knows she's going to win and she feels bad about it."

As if Oliver didn't have enough problems, his flame Shado (Celina Jade) may actually be falling for Slade (Manu Bennett) in flashbacks since the two are helping each other heal on the island after Dr. Ivo's ship attacked them. "[Slade has] been on this island for Lord knows how long," Bennett says. "He's spoken of a son, but never spoken of a female influence in his life at all, so we don't really know what stirs beneath the surface with Slade when it comes down to how he would objectify a woman on the island. Shado is obviously been stirring something there. There have been shades of what could be termed as competitiveness. At the end of the day, two men around a beautiful woman are always going to be somehow primitive."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Count ... 73644.aspx

- Susanna Thompson sobre los Flashbacks, una carga que levanta y "los giros" que están por llegar (tvfanatic):
Susanna Thompson sobre los Flashbacks, una carga que levanta y "los giros" que están por llegar
Por Jim Halterman 20 Noviembre, 2013 8:30 am

t’s a day of reckoning for Moira Queen.

It’s no irony that Arrow Season 2 Episode 7 is entitled “State v. Queen,” as the matriarch is on trial for her illegal doings on Arrow Season 1.

And while her son, Oliver, has a handy way of helping out those in need in situations where he can use his bow and arrow, this could be one situation in which he's powerless.

As Moira, Susanna Thompson has played the character with much grace and poise, even in these dark days. In this exclusive Q&A, the actress gave me some insight into the mind of her character, what we can expect this week when Count Vertigo (Seth Gabel) makes a return visit and, assuming she gets out of prison, what her first point of action could be...

TV Fanatic: Moira has seemed so at peace with the decisions she’s made. Is that true in her heart or is that more of a front than she’s let on?

Susanna Thompson: I think that to a great extent there is a liberating quality about coming forward in the end of the season one and attempting in a very big, large way to take responsibility and to say ‘I don’t cross this line anymore’ and now, while she’s in prison, she can be more present with herself, with her family.

She still has her daughter and her son and I think being so isolated from the world as she knew it makes those moments with her children even more heightened and even more pleasurable. Marc [Guggenheim, Exec Producer] and I were chatting about this but anyone coming forward and saying ‘I’m going to be honest, I’m going to stop the lies,’ has to also be aware that along the way there were many skeletons in the closet and at what point do you share all of them or do they get revealed or do they ever.

A great burden has been lifted but she still is impacted by the reality of what actually did happen and that holds its own gravity and its own weight and its own responsibility so I do believe there’s still a tremendous amount of guilt and that she’s subjected her family to her journey basically.

TVF: We saw this a lot in season one where Moira knew a lot more than we realized that she knew. Do you think she’s still in that position?

ST: It’s a great question and I asked it all last season. I have a feeling, because I asked the question, I weave it into the pattern of who Moira is. Whether the writers weave it in or not I’m not sure. I do believe in many ways that women are very intuitive. That women know more then men give them credit for. I’m sorry to say that to a man but I do believe that women really do have bigger fields of intuition then men. So I naturally build that into female characters.

I think it would be juicy if that were true. You know, at the end of the pilot, I always go back to the pilot, she was much more than I ever thought she was. So I like that she is more resourceful than maybe I even think she is. I do think she does have a pulse on her life regardless of whether she’s in prison or not and while she is here I think she does have resources. They may not be revealed to us as an audience but I certainly build them into this billionaire woman.

TVF: In the last episode, we saw that Moira brought Roy to prison so she could talk to him a little bit and she was instrumental about getting them back together, Thea and Roy.

ST: Isn’t that sweet? Isn’t it interesting though when she's in the middle of her whole life she has so many balls that she’s juggling. Here she’s cut off and everything can be kind of spotlighted just for what it is. So her daughter comes to visit, she’s expecting a connection and the daughter’s not quite there, and she notices it immediately. There are no distractions so she can pick up on it even more. Her maternal instincts are actually given more room to cultivate actually because she did live in the bigger society world and now it’s much smaller and much more intimate when she comes one on one with her children.

So to pick up on her daughter’s energy here is much easier than say in her home when she was juggling Walter at Queen Consolidated and Oliver being found and all these different secrets that she was trying to hide. Those are not there right now. It’s all been stripped away. I think it’s an easier arena in which to pick up the tiniest little nuances and vibrations. I think now she’s also trying to be the mother that she maybe couldn’t be or didn’t have experience to be.

TVF: We didn’t get a big scene with them but what do you think her impressions are of Roy?

ST: I believe she’s a great judge of character and I think she see’s her daughter’s happiness in a way that she’s never seen it before. So wanting to know who’s helping create this is a powerful need of hers and then in meeting him and watching it unfold in front of her when she’s trying to create and give back to the two of them. I think it says it all really.

He’s a young man that is really thoughtful outside of himself. I think she sees that. She certainly sees it through Thea. I mean, even at the end of the last episode in season one, the fact that she was so catapulted out of the Queen mansion to go find this young man was enough to say, Who is this young man?

TVF: Assuming Moira does eventually get out of prison, what’s the first thing on her list? Is it getting back to normalcy or does she have some scores she’s going to want to settle?

ST: I don’t think life could ever go back again. I don’t know what we’re going to find. I mean, certainly [in this week’s episode] we’re going into the trial and what happens in this trial, regardless of what happens in her life, it’s never going to be the same and it is going to take unexpected twists and turns. Absolutely.

TVF: Count Vertigo is back this week and I know that takes a little bit of an impact on your trial when your lawyer is taken out…

ST: Well, yes. In many ways Moira’s fate, in many ways, is in Laurel’s lap or hands. She’s impacts Moira’s fate to a great extent.

TVF: What do you think Moira’s future is at Queen Consolidator now that Isabel (Summer Glau) has taken the reigns?

ST: A good question, Jim, because I’ve always felt that Moira was about holding onto family at all costs and Queen Consolidated is an extension of that. It is their legacy and I would suspect that, yes, and in the very first episode of season two she warns Oliver about Isabel. She also guides him in knowing who to consult and how to hold onto Queen Consolidated. So I do think that it’s very important that it stay within the family. I do believe she knows more about Isabel than she’s letting on to Oliver.

TVF: Which should make things more interesting now that Oliver and Isabel have slept together.

ST: Exactly. Right? I mean, this is what I mean in terms of one can keep sharing the truth and stepping into more and more braver places in one’s life but then circumstance can bring you up against perhaps another skeleton that you’d never thought you were going to have to look at again. I do suspect that something around Isabel is another skeleton. She clearly didn’t come out and say anything to Oliver about it but she does warn him about her. So what was that warning about?

TVF: Do we have more flashbacks coming up?

ST: Oh, gosh yes. We’ve already seen Island flashbacks but yes, there will be flashbacks in probably most of the character’s lives. I mean, certainly we’ll see some flashbacks with the Lances and with Moira.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/11/arrow- ... XGpzz.dpuf

- Seth Gabel sobre la venganza de The Count y el 'Explosivo' enfrentamiento de Oliver Queen (THR):
Seth Gabel sobre la venganza de The Count y el 'Explosivo' enfrentamiento de Oliver Queen
Por Philiana Ng 7:00 AM PST 20/11/2013

This week's Arrow welcomes back one of Starling City's most frenetic villains, last seen in season one being shipped off to prison after The Count's failed attempt to infect the entire town with his dangerous wonder drug, Vertigo. After Oliver discovers hundreds of Starling City residents have been infected by the drug -- including his right-hand man Diggle -- Team Arrow embarks on a quest to topple The Count once and for all.

In a chat with The Hollywood Reporter, Seth Gabel previews his return to the Arrow universe, including The Count's deep-seeded hatred for Oliver Queen and his character's willingness to "stop at nothing" to "destroy" his nemesis.

What was it like coming back to Arrow with a few episodes under your belt?

I really felt welcomed and part of the family and knew everyone on the crew at that point, so I felt comfortable stepping into this episode and really diving deep and having a great time in the character.

How has The Count evolved since last we saw him in season one?

The Count has evolved in his feelings of vengeance having grown to the point where he becomes so internally powerful that he breaks out of prison and goes on to poison the good people of Starling City with his Vertigo wonder drug and then goes and sets a trip for the Hood that he can't resist walking into. It's just the beginning of it. The episode really has an explosive finish to it.

How would you describe The Count's new turn after his stint in prison. How has that experience made him even tougher for Arrow to go up against?

It's given him a lot of time to think. The Count has been stuck for a period in his own mind and he's also been stuck in a cell. As his mind starts to come back to him and he gets stronger and stronger, he fashions a way to escape from prison and ultimately set up this plan to hopefully destroy Oliver Queen.

Is there more to it than The Count trying to overtake Oliver Queen?

His ultimate goal besides killing Arrow? (Laughs.) He wants to run Starling City. He sees himself as a kingpin and he has the best drug in the world and he sacrifices much and many to create that drug. He wants to be the most powerful person on the planet because he who can control the minds of Starling City, controls the world. He wants to control the world.

The Count lures Oliver by infiltrating his inner circle. Is that just a part of his master plan to lure Oliver back into the web?

On the one level he is luring Oliver into a trap and on the other level, he does have a plan to get as many people hooked to Vertigo as possible. The Count is ruthless and he will stop at nothing. There is no limit to what he will do to get where he wants.

I imagine there is a lot of intrigue in playing a part like The Count, who is so theatrical and out there. How has it been for you being able to delve into different aspects of human nature?

The role is a definite catharsis for me being a father of children. I'm happily married, but it's nice to be able to go to work and experience the taboo. It's pretty exciting. You mentioned experiencing different aspects of the psyche and that's one of the things I enjoy about acting. You get to exercise different aspects of your brain and you realize that the aspects of that are not limited to past experiences, you can actually craft and manipulate yourself based on what thoughts you indulge, what thoughts you depress and what actions you take. Having that understanding is pretty incredible.

Stripping away The Count's on-the-surface neuroses, do you think The Count is a particularly dark villain?

See to me I don't see him as dark because he has such a good time doing what he's doing. There's a joy in it for him. I feel like it would be perceived as darkness if he was willing to cause destruction because he was suffering so much. He's really not trying to do anything wrong. He's just enjoying it and having a good time.

How would you characterize his next battle with Oliver?

For The Count, it's plain and simple revenge. To have an opponent who is a worthy adversary is very nice and he is capable of getting the upper hand and fully intends to. Unlike Oliver, The Count doesn't have have any loved ones that he could hurt him with and Oliver has plenty. It's very possible that The Count could go there.

Is there a scene that you're particularly excited to see?

There is one scene where we got to do a lot of special effects with fire and guns. It's a pretty deadly combination.

So not everybody will make out alive?

It's always possible for someone to die. I know Oliver has a no-killing clause right now and that's a pretty important element to the episode.

Since keeping true to the no-killing clause seems to be nearly impossible, how close does Oliver get to breaking it?

It's impossible for a superhero not to kill a villain, so Oliver is bound to eventually face that and confront that. Perhaps it's possible to do good and not destroy. We're dealing with the same thematic elements I'm doing right now called Salem [for WGN America]. If you're facing evil, how can you stop evil without using evil? Do you have to use destruction to stop destruction? Is there another way? I think that's what Arrow is exploring right now.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... nge-658062

- Seth Gabel Sobre los planes de The Count de ‘sembrar el caos y la destrucción’ (Accesshollywood):
Seth Gabel Sobre los planes de The Count de ‘sembrar el caos y la destrucción’
Por Jolie Lash 19 Nov, 2013 6:15 PM EST

Seth Gabel returns to “Arrow” on Wednesday night, as The Count comes back to take on Oliver Queen.

It’ll be the former “Fringe” star’s third appearance on The CW drama, bringing to life the crazed maker of designer drug Vertigo, who was most recently incarcerated (until a prison break).

Taking on The Count (who goes by Count Vertigo this episode) is an intense experience for the actor, and after filming, he turned to a surprising entertainment choice to decompress.

“It was helpful to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ episodes as a way to kind of come down, to have a middle space between reality and sanity,” Seth told AccessHollywood.com on Tuesday.

Watching the intense world of Walter White and Jesse Pinkman helped bring Seth out of The Count zone.

“That’s how extreme the character was, so to go from kind of this irrational insanity to a more strangely rational sanity of Walter White, it was like in between the Seth Gable world and the Count Vertigo world,” he said.

In our new interview, Seth (who is currently shooting upcoming WGN series “Salem”) also dished on The Count’s name change, his experiences in Starling City’s prison system and why he’s so hell-bent on taking down Oliver Queen/The Arrow.

AccessHollywood.com: On ‘Arrow’ you are one of the villains who gets to keep coming back.

Seth Gabel: As long as you don’t die, you get to keep coming back.

Access: Is Stephen Amell’s Arrow going to be really angry that he chose not to kill you?

Seth: Yeah. The Count definitely takes advantage of the Arrow’s ‘no killing’ clause and once he learns about it that reveals a huge weakness for Oliver. The Count has had a lot of time to plot his vengeance and it’s possible that someone’s even helping him along the way and so he breaks out of prison with a raucous, roaring plan to wreak havoc and destruction upon Oliver and if that means going to his family, then there’s no holds barred.

Access: Do we get to see the break out, or see what prison was like for him?

Seth: You do. There’s a really fun prison scene and you do see the escape and I found it pretty entertaining when we were shooting it.

Access: What do you imagine prison was like for The Count? Obviously The Dollmaker was in there too, so there were some pretty bad criminals at Iron Heights.

Seth: Well, The Count is not intimidated by anyone and he’s smart and so he knows how to manipulate other people’s weakness to his own favor. If The Count is going to spend any time in prison, he’s gonna know how to run that prison and so his time there wasn’t torturous in any way because of the other criminals, but it was torturous simply because I couldn’t do what I loved to do, which was distribute Vertigo, get people hooked on it, kind of control them with that. And also, I’ve just been plotting the revenge on Oliver Queen because he’s the only person that’s ever made me feel vulnerable or has ever defeated me or made me look bad and he’s also put me in this prison of my own mind, when I was crazy, and the Veritgo wasn’t fully out of my system and then an actual prison and so I’m fully primed and ready to get my revenge on him.

Access: What state of mind is The Count in when we see him again?

Seth: Honestly, he’s bored. This is the first time we’ll see The Count as being bored because he’s in prison and he can’t do anything exciting really. Life is too limited and too easy in there and [he’s] just stuck in a box. When I find the opportunity to get out of that box, I’ve never felt more of an urge to cause great change in Starling City.

Access: It sounds like The Count and pre-island Oliver would have been really good friends.

Seth: (Laughs) The Count and pre-island Oliver… Yeah! You know, they probably would. They would party together and not think about the consequences of things and just enjoy their lives and Oliver would probably help me distribute the drug and we’d have a great business relationship together.

Access: Based on the trailers, it looks like you’ve discovered Starling City’s version of YouTube selfie videos. Is he recording and sending out his edict for the masses?

Seth: I kind of hijack the airwaves of Starling City and put out a special broadcast. It’s just the very beginning of a trap that I’m luring Oliver into that climaxes at the end of the episode.

Access: So no The Count YouTube channel then?

Seth: Well, if in Starling City you broadcast via YouTube, then that’s the way I do it.

Access: I was immediately wondering what would Count Vertigo’s YouTube channel be filled with…

Seth: A lot of DIY and cooking recipes.

Access: Are we going to get to see some crazy Count?

Seth: Oh definitely. I think it’s impossible to see The Count not crazy. His realm of logic exists on a different plane than it does for most people, so for The Count, normal is what others would perceive as insane and you get plenty of that in the episode.

Access: Where do you go to for the crazy? You have to change it up a little bit, I would imagine, especially with the prison history now a part of who he is.

Seth: Yeah, for me it’s very instinctual. I started out each day by getting into the part by listening to aggressive dubstep music… just like dancing in my trailer to like…. Bassnectar… and all of these bands that have the word ‘bass’ in them so you know what you’re gonna get and just having like a really great time and really getting into my body and kind of getting energetically into the groin of the character, because The Count operates from a place that is very primal and very sexual and really wanting to kind of assert his authority over others, so a lot of his insane motivations are driven by simply wanting to be the strongest and smartest guy in the room.

Access: Is it true your character gets a bit of a name revision in this episode? He goes from The Count to Count Vertigo?

Seth: Yeah, it does seem that way. I think even IMDB reflects that, which is interesting… because seeing him listed that way it’s like, ‘Oh, it’s interesting because he used to be The Count, then he had this overdose of Vertigo and now he’s kind of fused into a new character that is Count Vertigo. The Vertigo is now a part of who he is and is motivating his actions in a different [way] than it used to and so I think it’s appropriate that his character is perhaps renamed in this episode.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/arrow-se ... icle_86934

- Seth Gabel Habla sobre ARROW, lo emocionado que estaba por regresar como The Count, el prepararse para la última confrontación con Arrow, y más (collider.com):
Seth Gabel Habla sobre ARROW, lo emocionado que estaba por regresar como The Count, el prepararse para la última confrontación con Arrow, y más
by Christina Radish 20 Nov, 2013

On Season 2 of the hit CW series Arrow, Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) has rededicated himself to his mission of being more than just another vigilante, and is attempting to become a beacon of hope for the city’s most vulnerable, as The Arrow. In Episode 7, “State vs Queen,” Oliver becomes concerned when a mysterious illness sweeps the city, infecting hundreds of people, including Diggle (David Ramsey). When he discovers Vertigo in his blood, he realizes The Count (guest star Seth Gabel) has broken out of prison, is once again distributing his drug, and is out to stir up chaos on his quest for revenge.

During this recent exclusive phone interview with Collider, actor Seth Gabel talked about how this is the most fun he’s ever had playing a role, what The Count has set his sights on this time, how thrilled he was to come back on delve even deeper into this crazy character, how he got into the mind-set to play The Count, what to expect from the ultimate confrontation between The Count and Arrow, and how much playing The Count really helped him evolve, as an actor. He also talked about what drew him to his role on Salem, the first scripted series from WGN, premiering in the Spring. Check out what he had to say after the jump, and be aware that there are some spoilers.

Collider: So, just how much fun is this character to play?

SETH GABEL: It is honestly the most fun I’ve ever had, playing a part.

The Count was left in a state that made him seem not so coherent, when we last saw him. What can you say to tease how he bounces back from that?

GABEL: Well, it’s possible that The Count was faking how out of it he was, the last time you saw him. But, it’s also possible that just, over time, the Vertigo worked its way through his system and he has gotten his wits strong enough to reach the point of essentially planning an escape and plotting a course of revenge that will ultimately lead to the destruction of Oliver Queen and The Arrow.

What can you say to tease this week’s episode, and why The Count is so focused on revenge now?

GABEL: The Count wants two things. He wants to control Starling City for the use of his Vertigo wonder drug, and he wants to eliminate any opponents to that goal. Right now, The Arrow is the biggest adversary to The Count, and so one of the first steps to controlling the city is to eliminate Oliver Queen. So, The Count breaks out of prison, he poisons the people of Starling City with Vertigo, and then he sets a trap for The Hood to walk into.

So, The Count has been doing a lot of planning, since we last saw him.

GABEL: He’s had plenty of time to plan. He’s been in the prison of his own mind. He’s been in the prison of Starling City. When he breaks out, it causes an explosion of chaos, and violence follows afterwards.

You had a very memorable first appearance last season, and then an all-too-brief return. Did you know then that you would be returning for Season 2?

GABEL: I was hoping. Initially, I thought it was gonna be a one-off, in the first season. And then, I was honored to be brought back in, but when I was brought in, there were a lot of scheduling conflicts with pilot season and going on auditions for things and shooting other projects. They were only able to have me there for one day, and I was so disappointed because I so badly wanted to sink my teeth into it and do so much more. They adapted what they were originally planning, but I didn’t get to do as much as I wanted to do. So, when they asked me to come back this season, I was absolutely thrilled. With this episode, I think you really get to see The Count in his elements and spend more time with him and really see him enjoying the fruits of his labor. It’s dark and twisted, and strangely a real joy to play. The Count finds joy in wreaking havoc and causing chaos, and it becomes infectious.

When you play a character that’s as batshit crazy as he is, do you even bother to justify that behavior to yourself, or do you just fully embrace the crazy and have as much fun with it as possible?

GABEL: You have to find a realm where it’s real. Even if it’s crazy and over-the-top, you can create a realm of logic where that is realistic. You simply shift your mind from what is normal to what the character perceives as normal, and how he’s justified in doing so. Power and the need for control can fuel people to do some pretty crazy things. If you just amp up the character’s willingness to do whatever it takes to gain power and control, and then also amp down his sensitivity to the pain of others to causing chaos and to causing suffering, and turn off any kind of empathy there, and instead of him emphasizing and feeling bad for a person, if you cross the wires and say that he’s actually feeling joy when someone is suffering, then you can create a logic where it makes sense for you to be crazy, unhinged, violent, aggressive and existing on a different plane than other people do. That’s how I justified it for myself.

How cool has it been to get to play a villain on a show that keeps bringing their villains back and giving them more screen time and a deeper backstory, instead of just focusing on the heroes of the story?

GABEL: What the writers do so well is balance action and story with character. They place importance on the relationships between the characters and the details of the backstory that shape those characters’ lives. I’m honored to be back to give more windows into The Count’s likeness and personality, and his backstory and motivations for doing things. The more you spend time with a character, the more you see different nuances of that character. I think it’s great that they bring people back and give villains an opportunity to not be flat characters, but to be as dynamic as possible.

When you just pop in and out of a show that becomes more of a well-oiled machine, while you’re gone, do you have to find your footing and your place among everyone each time, or does it really feel like you haven’t missed a beat, since the last time you were there?

GABEL: I’ve been fortunate to be a part of shows where the actors are extremely friendly and welcoming, and Arrow is definitely that. The crew is incredibly hard-working and incredibly passionate about what they do, and the cast is all awesome. Most of the people in the cast are my age, so I felt like we all got along, and it was a pleasure seeing them again.

In this episode, The Count sets a trap that Felicity walks into. What can you say about their interaction?

GABEL: The Count enjoys the suffering of others. The Count knows that Oliver Queen cares about Felicity, so he will use that, however he needs to, to get what he wants, which is for Oliver to die.

After messing with both Diggle and Felicity, should viewers be worried about The Count’s fate, this time around?

GABEL: The Arrow has a no killing clause, so I think The Count takes good advantage of that.

What can you say to tease the ultimate confrontation between The Count and The Arrow?

GABEL: There is definitely an ultimate conflict. There is a chance that Felicity is used as a human shield. I won’t say any more than that.

Has it made a noticeable difference for you, as an actor, to have writers that are so passionate about the story that they’re telling?

GABEL: Yeah. Passion is so contagious. When you’re working on a project where people care, on every level, from the key grips to the main writer to the star of the show, you can’t help but want to jump on board and create something. I just think, as a species, what we enjoy most is creation and creativity, and telling stories is an extension of expressing all the thoughts and ideas that we have inside of ourselves. Whatever kind of story you’re telling, whether it’s a genre piece for a comic book or whatever it is, it has importance because it’s all a metaphor for the existence of our being.

Do you get much time to train for these kinds of fight scenes and the physical work that you do, when you’re just coming in and out for one episode, here and there?

GABEL: Never. Not at all. One of the first days on Fringe, I had to hold a gun and actually fire it and kill someone, they just handed me a gun and said, “Pull the trigger, and then go from there.” I had to turn to Anna Torv and say, “Anna, I have not had any training with a firearm. What can you tell me, so that I don’t look like an idiot?” And she taught me how the FBI would hold the gun, and how you keep your finger off of the trigger until you really decide that you’re going to shoot someone, which I thought was pretty cool. She also showed me how to hold a flashlight and a gun, at the same time, and not look like a dork. On Arrow, there’s an amazing stunt team, so I actually felt a lot more prepared to handle conflicts and fights and fight choreography because it was actually people I had worked with on Fringe. They’re actually such a well-oiled machine there that, as long as you stay in shape and do your best to keep up, you can get it done.

When you play a character that’s this deliciously fun, is it hard to find the next character and find a way to follow that up?

GABEL: Well, I feel like I found it now. I’m on the set, right now, of Salem, which will premiere on WGN in the Spring. The character is unhinged. He’s much different than The Count. He’s based on a real person during the Salem witch trials. But, feel like I found that. I think I might have been disappointed going back to a character that would be the equivalent of a cop going from the street to a desk job. But with this, I feel like I have found a supernatural genre piece that is as elevated and mature in its writing and development of character, which is pretty exciting.

Did The Count help you see the fun in playing such dark characters?

GABEL: Yeah. The Count really helped me evolve, as an actor. It really taught me to take big risks and dare to fail. Not everyone is going to like the way it’s portrayed. They might feel it’s out of the context of the show, or that it’s over-the-top, but I really wanted to take a risk with the character and dare to fail, and dare to have people not like me. The biggest fear you face, as an actor, is whether people are going to like you. When you learn to let go of that fear, you can go so much deeper into the role and really take much bigger risks ‘cause you’re not worried about trivial things like that.

As an actor, does it feel a bit scary to be in the first scripted series for a network with Salem, or is it exciting that all of these networks and mediums are open to actors now, in a way they never were before?

GABEL: It’s liberating. I imagine it’s like what it must have been, going into the Wild West. The way that people are watching TV is changing. The landscape of television is changing. Movies are becoming much more insular. They’re like a walled garden, where you know what you’re going to see and you expect it. But in the world of TV, because it’s episodic, you can explore any area because you have time to do that. You can take risks on the kinds of storytelling that you’re doing. So, I’m really excited to be a part of a new network, taking new approaches to the storytelling model and not being afraid to take risks. I feel like they’re doing a great job, so far, in spending their money in the right ways to really create something bold and interesting.

If The Count survives this episode, will your schedule allow you to return again, at some point?

GABEL: Salem is only a 13-episode season. It’s cable, so there’s always room to come back.

http://collider.com/seth-gabel-arrow-salem-interview/

- Stephen Amell Adelanta el debut de Grant Gustin como Barry Allen: "Él lo borda" (eonline):
Stephen Amell Adelanta el debut de Grant Gustin como Barry Allen: "Él lo borda"
Por Tierney Bricker 20 Nov, 2013 9:14 AM PST

A new superhero is coming to town.

Or should we say a new eventual superhero? Arrow is set to introduce viewers to their version of the Flash this season in the form of Barry Allen, a forensic scientist who eventually becomes the iconic DC Comics hero, played by Glee's Grant Gustin. And while episode 20 of the CW hit's sophomore season was originally intended to act as a backdoor pilot for a potential Flash spinoff series, the network is so confident in the project they are now going to shoot a standalone pilot. In "The Scientist," Allen makes his first appearance in Starling City help investigate a seemingly impossible robbery at Oliver's (Stephen Amell) company, one that's similar to a case he worked on back in Central City.

Though Gustin doesn't make his flashy debut until next week's episode, we couldn't resist getting a preview of his introduction from star Stephen Amell and executive producer Andrew Kreisberg...

When we admitted that we originally thought they would cast someone a bit older, Kreisberg confesses, "It wasn't entirely the plan" to go younger. However, they did have one goal in mind while casting.

"I think what we really wanted and what we really were firm about was we weren't looking for another Stephen. There isn't another Stephen...Stephen doesn't need a bolt of lightning to be a superhero, he just is. We didn't want to copy that because we feel like we already have that," he explains. "It was very important for us to find somebody who did need a bolt of lightning to become a superhero. But at the same time, could actually stand up to Stephen."

And casting an actor on the younger side actually worked to the show and the character's advantage, as Kreisberg explains, "He's 25 and out of college and working, but people don't necessarily take him seriously. That's something that he has a chip on his shoulder about."

Kreisberg reveals "Grant was the first person we heard read for Barry," and says the Arrow team "was "just so taken with him."

Amell's also a fan of Gustin, gushing, "He comes in and he kills it. He's wonderful. He really takes ownership of the role. Just in terms of adding dynamic elements to the show, Grant is a really, really welcome and needed addition because he's so good." As for Oliver and Barry's dynamic, Amell previews, "It's great, because he's a fan of the vigilante. He gets to ask a lot of questions that I know for a fact, because I see it on Facebook and Twitter, that the audience would like to ask. He has theories about how the vigilante was trained, and as a fanboy, he's speaking for a lot of the fans of the show."

Kreisberg was in Vancouver, where the series films, for Gustin's first scene, which he called "a great day" to be on the set. "Sitting there watching Barry Allen shake hands with Oliver Queen was more than my little nerd heart could bear," he confesses. "I kept turning to Geoff Johns and saying, ‘The Flash just met Green Arrow!'"

http://uk.eonline.com/news/483055/the-f ... e-kills-it

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Katrina Law será la hija de Ra's al Ghul en la S2 de "Arrow":
Imagen
La hija de Ra's al Ghul está llegando a Starling City — pero no es exactamente lo que esperaríais.

La alumna de "Spartacus" Katrina Law ha sido escogida para interpretar a otro de los hijos de Ra's al Ghul', Nyssa al Ghul, en Arrow, según nos informa TVGuide.

En la serie, Nyssa es un poderoso miembro de la League of Assassins que llega a Starling City persiguiendo a The Canary (Caity Lotz).

En los cómics, se ha revelado que Ra's al Ghul tuvo una hija mientras viajana a través de Rusia, haciendo a Nyssa la medio hermana de Talia al Ghul, a quien Marion Cotillard interpretó en The Dark Knight Rises. Con Nyssa legando a la ciudad, esp ùede darle algún crédito a la teoría popular de que Isabel Rochev (Summer Glau) es en secreto Talia.

Law aparecerá por primera vez en el episodio 13 de la 2 temporada titulado "Heir to the Demon."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Katri ... 73645.aspx

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Caity Lotz habla sobre conseguir su papel como Canary Role en Arrow (accesshollywood):

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/ ... 4798040001?

- Stephen Amell y Colton Haynes hablan sobre lo que podemos esperar de sus personajes en el episodio de esta noche:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=53 ... =2&theater

- Video BTS del rodaje del episodio 2.12 de "Arrow" (20-11-13):

https://vine.co/v/hF57BbZDv9h

(Thanks to Guy Norman Bee)

- Arrow - "Blood Rush" Episode 3 (Web Series):

- Nueva imagen BTS del rodaje (20-11-13):

Imagen

(@amellywood: We'd make a good team @ColtonLHaynes. Maybe one day. #Arrow)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 2.07 "State v. Queen" Extended Opening:

http://et.tv/18RjpVM

- Arrow 2.08 "The Scientist" Promo (HD):

- Arrow 2.08 "The Scientist" Extended Promo (HD):

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 2.07 "State vs Queen". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 2.09 "Three Ghosts":
2.09 "Three Ghosts": OLIVER ES VISITADO POR FANTASMAS DEL PASADO — Después de una pelea con Cyrus Gold AKA the Acolyte (la estrella invitada Graham Shiels), Oliver (Stephen Amell) es drogado y dejado para que muera. Determinada a curarle, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) toma una arriesgada decisión. La cura le cause a Oliver alucinaciones, y lo que ve le obliga a enfrentar su pasado. Mientras tanto, Barry (la estrella invitada Grant Gustin) sigue ayudando a Felicity, y su conexión se hace más fuerte. Arrow le pide a Lance (Paul Blackthorne) que investigue a Gold, pero cuando la vigilancia de Gold sale mal, alguien es asesinado. Roy (Colton Haynes) es capturado y torturado por Brother Blood (la estrella invitada Kevin Alejandro). John Behring dirige el episodio con historia de Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kresiberg y guión de Geoff Johns & Ben Sokolowski (#209).

http://flashtvnews.com/arrow-2-9-three- ... n-episode/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes BTS de un ensayo de una escena de acción en el puerto de Metro Vancouver (21-11-13):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

En el puerto de Metro Vancouver, el doble de Arrow, Simon Burnett, se lanzó por un cable desde una plataforma y corrió a través de varios contenedores de carga. También se escucharán disparos y una explosión.

http://yvrshoots.com/2013/11/stunt-arro ... o-CYycpiSo

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow New S2 Promo (Low Quality):

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/11/arrow- ... mo_23.html

- Emily Bett Rickards, S2 Interview (Fanhattan Sf):

- Productor de "Arrow" desmiente la vinculación entre la serie y el universo cinemático:
Con los rumores sobre una película protagonizada por The Flash en el 2016 y también un posible cameo en la secuela de "Man of Steel", hay quien pensó que Grant Gustin sería también el que interpretaría al personaje de Barry Allen en ellas.

Al parecer, el que existan dos versiones distintas del personaje en el cine y la TV no es un problema para la WB y así lo confirma el productor de la serie de la CW, Greg Berlanti:

"No hemos tenido ninguna de esas conversaciones más que para decir qué personajes nos permitían usar este año y el proponer o solicitar ciertos personajes que nos interesan". "Y de vez en cuando, ellos dirán, 'No podéis tener a este.' No dirán el por qué, y lo descubriremos más tarde."

Así es que, esto parece confirmar que tendremos dos mundos separados en los distintos medios por ahora, aunque nunca se sabe qué podrá pasar en el futuro.

http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/bam-p ... 43606.html

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow - "Blood Rush" Episode 4 (Web Series):

- Get To Know 'Arrow' Star Emily Bett Rickards (etonline):

http://et.tv/187tsGj

- ARROW: Emily Bett Rickards Teases Sparks Between Felicity and Barry Allen (GiveMeMyRemoteTV):

- ARROW: Emily Bett Rickards Offers a Tease for Episode 12 (GiveMeMyRemoteTV):

- Revelados los títulos y créditos de los episodios 2.12 y 2.13:
Una vez más, gracias a Marc Guggenheim tenemos los títulos y créditos de los próximos episodios de Arrow.

El episodio 2.12 tendrá por título "Tremors", está escrito por Marc Guggenheim & Drew Z. Greenberg y dirigido por Guy Bee.

Imagen

El episodio 2.13 tendrá por título "Heir to the Demon", está escrito por Jake Coburn y dirigido por Wendey Stanzler.

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow & The Tomorrow People - CTV Wednesday Promo:

- Arrow 2.08 "The Scientist" Producer's Preview:

- Arrow 2.08 "The Scientist" Clip 1:

- Arrow 2.08 "The Scientist" Clip 2:

- Alex Kingston Regresa a Starling City (TVGuide):
TVGuide ha sido la primera en dar la exclusica de que Alex Kingston, quien interpreta a Dinah Lance, la madre de Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy), quien apareció la temporada pasada con la teoría de que su hija Sara (Caity Lotz) estaba todavía viva, regersará a la serie en esta segunda temporada.

La estrella de Arrow Stephen Amell fue el primero en adelantar la noticia en Twitter. "Trabajando con un actor por primera vez hoy," ecribió. Los productores ejecutivos Greg Berlanti y Andrew Kreisberg revelaron que dicho actor era en realidad Kingston durante un screening del próximo episodio de Flash el lunes.

Kingston aparecerá en el episodio 2.14.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Alex- ... 74118.aspx

- Grant Gustin y los productores de Arrow hablan sobre la introducción de Barry Allen (ksitetv):
Grant Gustin y los productores de Arrow hablan sobre la introducción de Barry Allen
Por Craig Byrne 2 de Diciembre, 2013

Earlier today, The CW hosted a Q&A press conference with actor Grant Gustin, who will be playing Barry Allen/The Flash on Arrow and a hopeful Arrow spin-off that will have a pilot shot in a few months. Joining him in the Q&A were Arrow Executive Producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg as well as DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. All three men were involved with the writing of the two Arrow episodes to feature Gustin as Barry Allen; the first of those episodes, "The Scientist," airs this Wednesday, December 4 on The CW.

Fans of Glee might recall Grant Gustin as playing the dastardly slushie-throwing Warbler Sebastian -- and immediately, it is obvious that Barry Allen is a much nicer fellow. "I immediately thought he was really funny and endearing, and I hadn't done anything like that," Gustin says about his impression of the Barry Allen role. "I had a lot of fun with that, just throughout the audition process; they kind of started steering me in that direction immediately. They said to just have fun with it, and I kind of took it from there," he says.

"He's fun to play. He's likable. I would be his friend. I haven't had the opportunity to play a character that I would actually enjoy spending time with," he laughs. "So, that's nice."

DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns also has nice things to say about why Grant was the best choice for Barry Allen. "He's earnest," Johns says. "Grant as an actor has brought more to Barry Allen than I think we've seen before, especially seeing him in the days of when he's taking his first steps. But he's got that heart. He's got humor. He's got a compassion. Barry was always a nice guy; he's the guy that stops to make sure that everyone's all right, and then keeps going, and Grant embodies that. He's a perfect Flash."

Barry heads to Starling City to investigate a strange matter that is going on in town. Once there, he immediately sparks a kinship with Emily Bett Rickards' Felicity Smoak. The Barry-Felicity interaction might have an effect on how she and Oliver relate going forward. "Especially with the way the season has been going, with Oliver and Felicity and their growing relationship or feelings for each other, the fact that Barry and Felicity are so similar, and they're both sort of uncomfortable in their own skins, and they're both very likable and personable, they just seem like they would instantly hit it off, which would just complicate things for Oliver even more. It felt like the right way to go," Andrew Kreisberg explains.

"I think for Oliver, Oliver isn't quite sure what he feels," Kreisberg continues. "He knows he feels something for her, but he can't quite define it, and I think he's sort of surprised to find [in "The Scientist" he might be jealous]. For Felicity, I think she doesn't want to like Oliver, in a way, because she finds him unattainable, and in a way, he is unattainable, especially when you saw the end of Episode 6 where he said 'It's better if I'm not with somebody I care about.' So I think that while she really does like Barry, I think she probably throws even more into it, because now he's somebody who is available. It's certainly something we pick up in Episode 10, because the fallout from Episode 9 carries over into the next episodes, as far as the Oliver and Felicity relationship is concerned. Barry has a profound effect on them, and that will carry through."

Gustin's Arrow episodes will lead into a hopeful Flash series, with a pilot episode being directed by David Nutter in early 2014. Kreisberg, Berlanti, and Johns are all involved on the creative side. Kreisberg feels that Barry is a character that the audience can get behind.

"Barry is the ultimate fanboy," he says. "And in a way, Barry is us. He represents the audience."

http://www.ksitetv.com/green-arrow/inte ... tion/26810

- Productores & Grant Gustin hablan sobre el debut de Barry Allen & The Flash (tvfanatic):
Productores & Grant Gustin hablan sobre el debut de Barry Allen & The Flash
Por Jim Halterman 02 de Diciembre, 2013

We’ve seen the pictures and obviously experienced oodles of anticipation but this Wednesday we’ll finally meet Barry Allen.

Arrow Season 2 Episode 8 not only beautifully lays the ground work for introducing Barry but it also gives us the chance to see Grant Gustin – who we loved as smarmy Sebastian on Glee – in the iconic role.

One spoiler? Gustin does a kick ass job, brings Barry Allen to life perfectly and, as a whole, both this week and next week’s Arrow episodes are two of the best the series has ever done.

Having previously had a sneak peek at this week’s episode, I ventured to the CW offices today to attend a special press screening for next week’s mid-season finale followed by a Q&A with Executive Producers Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns and Andrew Kreisberg as well as Gustin.

Here’s a glimpse into the casting of Gustin, how the Barry and Oliver characters compare to each other and what we can expect with the sparks between Barry and Felicity.

Casting The Flash: Berlanti explained that in casting Barry Allen, Gustin was the right man for the role. “We were looking, I think for us, someone who was the essence of the character and, in addition, you’re looking for someone who fits into the Arrow universe we have but still can really potentially have the promise of their own universe and their own show,” he said. “Had we not found Grant I’m not sure we would’ve done the character.” Berlanti added that this was the largest casting search he’d ever been involved in for a TV show.

Why does Barry show up? Kreisberg teased this week’s episode by saying, “Barry comes to Starling City because there is an unexplained robbery at Queens Consolidated and Barry is very interested in the unexplained, for reasons we will find out over the course of these two episodes.”

Barry = Ollie? Don’t expect Barry to be a knock-off of the Oliver Queen character. Instead, Krieseberg explained, “He’s the opposite of Oliver in a lot of ways. Barry is sort of outgoing and funny and a little bit unsure of himself and smart and sort of a squeaky wheel and the contrast between Stephen and Grant is both comical and fun and has been really great to watch.”

Gustin On Allen: Gustin was the first person who read for the role during casting, and said of his take on the character, “I immediately thought he was really funny and endearing and I hadn’t done anything like that and I had a lot of fun with that just during the audition process and they started steering me in that direction immediately as soon as I met them and just to have fun with it and I took it from there, I guess.”

A Fine Romance?: While it’s obvious that Ms. Smoak takes a liking to Barry pretty quick (and he to her), how did the writers bring that element into these episodes especially with those moments we've been having between Ollie and Felicity? “We spent a lot of time talking about Barry, even before the pilot aspects, just how we were going to introduce him in these episodes,” Kreisberg said. “And especially with the way the season had been going talking about Oliver and Felicity and their growing relationship or feelings for each other, the fact that Barry and Felicity are so similar and they’re both a little bit uncomfortable in their own skins and both very likeable and personal and it just seemed like they would instantly hit it off which would just complicate things for Oliver even more and it felt like the right way to go.”

Chemistry! As you’ll see in this week’s episode, the chemistry between Felicity and Barry is unmistakable. When did the producers know they’d struck gold? “One of the things we did when we were testing some of the finalists,” Kreisberg revealed, “Emily Bett Rickards came down from Canada to read and the minute we saw her read with Grant it was a done deal.”

Grant Gustin, Superhero fan: The actor is not afraid to show his own enthusiasm for this genre. “I’m a superhero fan. I’m a big Superman fan growing up,” he said. “I’ve always been a big superhero fan and to even have the opportunity to audition for this blew my mind and to have [the producers] get excited about it was really cool but I wasn’t trying to be any Flash that I knew about or I had seen because I didn’t have that much knowledge in that category, I guess. It was fun to have them get excited on my random take on Barry Allen.” Kreisberg corrected the young actor by saying it was more spot-on in regards to Gustin’s take on the role.

Arrow to Flash?: We already know that the producers and Gustin will be making a stand-alone pilot for The Flash (as opposed to a backdoor pilot on Arrow) but will we see some our Arrow characters in said pilot? “Definitely, definitely there’s a chance,” said Berlanti. “That’s our hope.” The producer also added that if the pilot does go to series, there wouldn't be a regular flashback element to the series. "There's other ways to get at stories that feel more truthful to who the character is and what's awesome about that character," Berlanti said, "and that's really exciting for us as we break the pilot story."

"The Amell Workout:" It's already legend how much star Stephen Amell works out for the physical demands on the show (and the regular shirtless scenes), but how much is Gustin working out? "I think my actual workout routine is much different than what [Amell] did and what he still does because our body types are so different," said the actor. "Right now it's about running [and] I've been training with an Olympic running trainer and putting some mass on my body and that's where we're at right now."

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/12/arrow- ... vtDX2.dpuf

- 8 cosas que tienes que saber sobre la introcucción de Barry Allen — y su futuro (TVLine):
8 cosas que tienes que saber sobre la introcucción de Barry Allen — y su futuro
Por Vlada Gelman 2 de Diciembre, 2013 05:31 PM PST

The Flash’s alter ego, Barry Allen (played by Grant Gustin), is zipping into The CW’s Arrow this Wednesday at 8/7c, and he’s making fast friends with Oliver’s Girl Friday, Felicity.

So how will Starling City’s vigilante deal with the younger competition? How different is the show’s incarnation of Barry from others you may have seen? And what’s the future of the Flash pilot?

Following a screening of Arrow‘s fall finale (airing Dec. 11), executive producers Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti, writer/DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns and Gustin answered those burning questions and offered up eight things to know about Barry’s introduction.

HE’S A NICE GUY | “Barry comes to Starling City because there is an unexplained robbery at Queen Consolidated, and Barry is very interested in the unexplained, for reasons we find out over the course of these two episodes,” Kreisberg teased. “He’s the opposite of Oliver in a lot of ways — outgoing and funny, a little bit unsure of himself and smart.” The physical contrast, too, between the square-jawed vigilante and Gustin’s lanky, youthful alter ego is “both comical and fun.”

GUSTIN WOULD BE BARRY’S PAL | The Glee alum, who was the first person to read for the role, “immediately thought [Barry] was funny and endearing, and I hadn’t done anything like that,” the actor said. “He’s fun to play. He’s likable. I would be his friend. I haven’t had the opportunity to play a character that I would actually enjoy spending time with.”

SPARKS FLY | In trying to figure out a way to introduce Barry into Arrow‘s world, the writers spent a lot of time “talking about Oliver and Felicity and their growing … feelings for each other,” Kreisberg revealed. “[Because] Barry and Felicity are so similar — they’re both a bit uncomfortable in their own skins and very likable and personable — it just seemed like they would instantly hit it off, which would just complicate things for Oliver even more. It felt like the right way to go.”

THERE WAS A CHEMISTRY TEST | And we don’t mean one performed by Barry. Emily Bett Rickards, who plays Felicity, was brought in to read with Gustin, after which “it was like a done deal,” Kreisberg related. Joked Berlanti: “We wanted to make sure he didn’t seem like jailbait next to her.”

YOUNG JUSTICE | “We’d always seen [Barry] as being a little bit younger,” allowing for a few playful jabs at the scientist’s expense to address the elephant in the room, said Kreisberg. Not being super-confident and strong, Barry “needs the bolt of lightning to be a hero in a way [Oliver] doesn’t need the bolt of lightning.” Added Johns: “[Oliver] needs the heart, Barry has the heart. [Oliver] has the body, Barry needs the body.”

HIS FUTURE IS BRIGHT | Now that The Flash is getting its own pilot rather than a backdoor one, “Episode 20 will just be an episode of Arrow” — which has actually turned out to be a blessing, Kreisberg admitted. “[A backdoor pilot] actually made it a little bit harder because we were going to have to take a right turn [from] where we were in our ongoing story to incorporate that.” Although Barry may no longer be getting his own episode toward the end of the season, viewers will still hear “about what happened to him in the way that you’re hearing now about Star Labs on the periphery, and certainly in terms of Felicity since she has a connection with him,” revealed Berlanti.

THE DC LORE RUNS DEEP | “We’re using a lot of mythology and characters from the comics in the development of The Flash,” said Johns. For one, the tortured backstory for the character in the comics will play a big role in the pilot. “To use how he reimagined the character’s origin and to have it be so emotional and to now actually be able to render that in pilot form has been terrific,” Berlanti raved.

OTHER FLASHY HEROES | “In success, hopefully, with The Flash, there’s a way to bring on some of the more fantastical characters that will probably still go through the grounding lens with which we view everything [on Arrow],” said Kreisberg, adding that “there’s a hint of a major character in the [Flash] pilot,” but he warned that it could be cut.

http://tvline.com/2013/12/02/arrow-seas ... ash-pilot/

- Grant Gustin y los productores sobre el traer a The Flash a la vida y los planes para el Spinoff (IGN.com):
Grant Gustin y los productores sobre el traer a The Flash a la vida y los planes para el Spinoff
Por Eric Goldman 3 Diciembre, 2013

This week is a big one for Arrow, as Barry Allen (played by Grant Gustin) is introduced to the series. Barry, as any DC Comics fan can tell you, is The Flash, and while we’ll meet Barry before he has any powers, The CW have big plans for the character. After he appears in two episodes of Arrow, Gustin will then star in a pilot for The Flash TV series, which could potentially air in the 2014-2015 TV season.

Speaking about the introduction of the character, Arrow executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said, “Barry comes to Starling City because there's an unexplained robbery at Queen Consolidated and Barry is very interested in the unexplained for reasons we will find out over the course of these two episodes. But he's sort of the opposite of Oliver in a lot of ways. Barry's outgoing and funny and a little bit unsure of himself and smart and sort of a squeaky wheel and the contrast between Stephen [Amell] and Grant is both comical and fun and has been really great to watch.”

Gustin was very enthusiastic about playing Barry, noting, “I immediately thought he was really funny and endearing and I hadn't done anything like that and I had a lot of fun with that, just throughout the audition process. They kind of started steering me in that direction immediately, as soon as I met them and I just had fun with it and kind of took it from there.” Gustin, who’s played some less than reputable characters in the past, most notably on Glee, added, “He's likable. I would be his friend. I haven't had the opportunity to play a character I would actually enjoy spending time with so that's nice!”

There are some pretty notable sparks on Arrow between Barry and Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) and Kreisberg explained, “It was just something we were talking about when we were figuring out how we were going to bring him in. We spent a lot of time talking about Barry, even before the pilot aspect, just how we were going to introduce him in these episodes. Especially with the way the season had been going, talking about Oliver and Felicity and their growing relationship or feelings for each other, the fact that Barry and Felicity are so similar and they're both a little bit uncomfortable in their own skins and both very likable and personable, it just seemed like they would instantly hit it off, which would complicate things for Oliver even more. It felt like the right way to go. One of the things we did when we were testing some of the finalists was Emily Bett Rickards came down from Canada to read [with them] and the minute we saw her read with Grant, it was a done deal.”

Executive producer Greg Berlanti couldn’t resist joking, “Yeah, we wanted to make sure he didn't seem like jailbait next to her!” Gustin exclaimed, in reply, “I am older than her!”

Yes, Gustin is 23 years old, and he’s also a pretty notably young looking guy. There are some funny lines in Arrow regarding this -- check out the clip below -- with Oliver making a few cracks about Barry's appearance. Kreisberg revealed, “Greg actually had us add a lot of those lines because it is an elephant in the room and so we addressed it. But we always had sort of seen him as being a little bit younger [than Oliver] and the thing that was really important to us more than anything was he really should be a contrast to Oliver and to Stephen. Stephen is the more traditional, square-jawed, muscle-bound hero and that works really well because he needs all that. And one of the things about The Flash is he's a random guy who gets struck by lightning. He needs the bolt of lightning to be a hero in a way that Stephen doesn't need the bolt of lightning.”

Collaborating on The Flash pilot with Kreisberg and Berlanti on The Flash pilot is DC Comics’ Geoff Johns, who also co-wrote this week’s episode, “The Scientist”, which introduces Barry. Said Johns, “The cool thing is the contrast. [Oliver] needs the heart, Barry has the heart. [Oliver] has the body, Barry needs the body.”

While the Arrow producers know fans have some skepticism about Gustin’s youthful appearance, Berlanti stressed they went with him because they felt he was the right actor for the role. “The tricky thing about casting this role is we were trying to hit a moving target in that if we were just creating a character out of nothing, that nobody had any kind of preconceived awareness of, it would be a lot easier,” said Berlanti. “But this, we knew the character that we were trying to honor and the spirit of the kind of character we were trying to bring to the show. Then we went into casting and we didn’t even have a pilot script. When we cast Arrow, we had a pilot script and you go out to all the actors and everybody reads the whole script. We had sides [script pages]. So really, basically off these sides, we were just looking for someone who was the essence of the character. And in addition, you're looking for someone who fits into the Arrow universe we have but really can potentially have the promise of their own universe and their own show. And had we not found Grant, I'm not sure we would have done the character. We looked at everybody -- certainly the largest search I've ever been a part of for a TV show -- and he just was the part. It suddenly didn’t become about age, it didn't become about any of those other things, other than that, ‘Wow, if I were a kid and I got to watch the living embodiment of The Flash, this is who I'd want to see do it.’ So that's our real hope with these episodes is that when people watch them, even before he's become The Flash, that they connect with him in the way that we did.”

Originally, the plan was for the 20th episode of Arrow this season to be a backdoor pilot for The Flash, focusing on Barry and how he becomes the scarlet speedster. Now however, CW have decided to make The Flash as a standalone pilot, which the producers say they’re grateful for, as it means it’s less of a dramatic shift away from Arrow’s storylines at that late point in the season.

This change also means they are planning on introducing The Flash costume earlier. As Berlanti explained, “We were holding back the costume element because we knew if we had episode 20 [of Arrow] as its own standalone episode, we'd have to find a real reason for people, in addition to the quality of the show, to come back in episode one [of The Flash]. When you make a backdoor pilot like that, you kind of have to remake the pilot [for the show’s first episode]. For notes on how difficult this is, ask [The Vampire Diaries / The Originals executive producer] Julie Plec. And so you have to remake the pilot, so we thought the suit would be the perfect way to introduce that in the time span between episode 20 and [episode] one. Now that it’s become a pilot, one of the great things about it is we get to add a suit. So that will appear in the pilot episode now.

It’s established on Arrow that Barry is quite knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the stories in Starling City about The Arrow and Kreisberg noted, “We're obviously still working out the pilot details now, but I think that Barry's love of the hero is going to play a part in the creation of his persona.”

Johns promised that as they write The Flash pilot, “We're using a lot of mythology, a lot of characters from the comics, in the development of The Flash show. I don't want to get too specific yet, but you'll see a lot of characters and a lot of elements form that. It's very much The Flash.”

The Flash previously was the subject of a short-lived CBS series in 1990, but Gustin explained he'd never seen it, noting, “The last time a [Flash] series was around I was an infant!” Still, he has some amusing connections to John Wesley Shipp, who starred in that series, explaining, “We're both from Norfolk, Virginia, which is strange because not that many people are from Norfolk, Virginia... Our birthday is a week apart. It's a little strange, I guess.” Added Johns, “He's The Flash of Earth 2!”

Gustin noted, “I've actually never seen anyone else portray The Flash, which actually was something I thought was really fun about this once they got excited about me, because I'm a superhero fan. I was a big Superman fan growing up. I've always been a big superhero fan and to even have the opportunity to audition for this blew my mind and to have them get excited about it was really cool. But I wasn't trying to be any Flash that I knew about or had seen, because I really didn't have that much knowledge in that category, so it was just kind of fun to have them get excited about my random take on Barry Allen. “

Among the many comic books Johns is known for, The Flash is among the highlights. Remarked Berlanti, “When Geoff brought back The Flash, it made a lot of us fall in love with The Flash character again in the comic book. That's why it's been so awesome and incredible to have him be both part of Arrow but now part of this. For me, as someone who loves reading what he writes in comic books, to actually be crafting the show that way has been awesome. And to use how he sort of reimagined the character’s origin and have it be so emotional and to actually now be able to render that in a pilot form has been terrific. So I think just the fact that we've been able to use how he reimagined the birth of the character and the tortured backstory that Barry carries with him and why he is who he is has been very exciting, so I hope we do it justice.”

Asked if they ever considered any of the other characters from the comics who have been The Flash, Johns replied, “Never. Barry just fits into this world. His backstory makes sense with this world. He is The Flash.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/03/ ... he-spinoff

- ¡Arrow Trae a Flash a la vida! (TVGuide):
¡Arrow Trae a Flash a la vida!
Por Natalie Abrams 3 Dic, 2013 05:56 PM ET

Something speedy this way comes!

Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) will make his Arrow debut Wednesday (8/7c on The CW) for a two-parter that will cap off the show's fall run. Hailing from Central City, a pre-Flash Barry heads to Starling City to lend a hand with an investigation that will shed light on his own backstory, which is very similar to his origin story in the comics.

"Barry comes to Starling City because there is an unexplained robbery at Queen Consolidated and Barry is very interested in the unexplained for reasons that we will find out over the course of these two episodes," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg told reporters at a screening on Monday.

A younger Barry than fans know from the comics, the CSI is the polar opposite of Oliver (Stephen Amell) in many ways. "Barry is outgoing and funny and a little bit unsure of himself and smart and is a squeaky wheel," Kreisberg said. "The contrast between Stephen and Grant is both comical and fun and has been really great to watch."

But the differences between them don't stop there. In fact, the reason why the producers cast the younger Gustin, who is nine years Amell's junior, was to contrast the two characters. "Stephen is more the traditional, square-jawed, muscle-bound hero and that works really well. ... He needs all that," Kreisberg said. "One of the things about the Flash is he's a random guy who gets struck by lightning. He needs the bolt of lightning to be a hero in a way Stephen doesn't need the bolt of lightning." Added DC Comics Chief Creative Office Geoff Johns: "The cool thing is the contrast: Stephen needs the heart, Barry has the heart. Stephen has the body, Barry needs the body."

Coming off a turn as the villainous Sebastian Smythe on Glee, Gustin was attracted to good guy Barry. "I immediately thought he was really funny and endearing," the 23-year-old actor said. "He's fun to play, he's likable. I would be his friend. I haven't had the opportunity to play a character that I would actually enjoy spending time with."

His likable qualities are exactly what draws Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) into his orbit, something that will cause some tension for Team Arrow. "The fact that Barry and Felicity are so similar and they're both uncomfortable in their own skins and both very likable and personable, it just seemed like they would instantly hit it off, which would just complicate things for Oliver even more," Kreisberg said. "Felicity doesn't want to like Oliver in a way because she finds him unattainable. While she really does like Barry, she probably throws herself more into it because he's somebody who is available."

Following the two-parter, Barry was originally set to return for Episode 20 of Arrow, which would serve as a backdoor pilot for a potential Flash spin-off. However, Barry Allen will now be getting his own pilot, and it remains unclear whether Barry will still be incorporated into that episode. "Episode 20 will just be an episode of Arrow," Kreisberg said. "In doing the backdoor pilot, we actually made it a little bit harder because we were going to have to take a right turn from where we were in our ongoing story to incorporate that. In some ways, this has freed us to take the Flash and just do the Flash separately and stay on a straight line."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Flash ... 74158.aspx

- Grant Gustin, Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti y Geoff Johns hablan sobre ARROW, el traer a Barry Allen a Starling City, los cruces entre personajes y los Easter Eggs (collider.com):
Grant Gustin, Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti y Geoff Johns hablan sobre ARROW, el traer a Barry Allen a Starling City, los cruces entre personajes y los Easter Eggs
Por Christina Radish 04 Dic, 2013

Episodes 8 (“The Scientist) and 9 (“Three Ghosts”) of Arrow are two-part mid-season finale event, introducing police scientist Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), as he arrives in Starling City to help Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and his team investigate a robbery at Queen Consolidated. Both episodes have exhilarating, exciting and shocking moments worthy of any winter break, and Barry Allen has such fun interaction and chemistry with the team that it’s easy to see why they’re jumping straight to a pilot for The Flash, which will most assuredly go to series.

During this recent interview to discuss the introduction of Barry Allen and how that will lead to The Flash on his own show, actor Grant Gustin, executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, and DC Comics’ Geoff Johns talked about what brings Barry Allen to Starling City, who this version of the character is, how tricky the character was to cast, how the attraction between Barry and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) will affect Felicity’s relationship with Oliver, that Episode 20 will just be an episode of Arrow now, instead of being a backdoor pilot, that there’s a chance that some Arrow characters could appear in The Flash pilot, why they decided to hold back on the costume, how they will include Easter eggs on both shows, and the hope that all of this success could lead to more superheroes on television. Check out what they had to say after the jump, and be aware that there are some spoilers.

Question: What can you say about who Barry Allen is and why he’s in Starling City?

ANDREW KREISBERG: Barry comes to Starling City because there is an unexplained robbery at Queen Consolidated, and Barry is very interested in the unexplained, for reasons that we will find out over the course of these two episodes. He’s the opposite of Oliver, in a lot of ways. Barry is outgoing and funny and a little bit unsure of himself and smart. He’s a bit of a squeaky wheel. The contrast between Stephen [Amell] and Grant [Gustin] is both comical and fun, and has been really great to watch.

Grant, you were the first person to read for this role?

GRANT GUSTIN: Apparently!

What did you connect with, in the character?

GUSTIN: I immediately thought he was really funny and endearing, and I hadn’t done anything like that. I had a lot of fun with that, throughout the audition process. They started steering me in that direction, immediately, as soon as I met them. They wanted me to just have fun with it, and I took it from there.

What do you like most about the character?

GUSTIN: He’s fun to play. He’s likeable. I would be his friend. I haven’t had the opportunity to play a character that I would actually enjoy spending time with, so that’s nice.

Was the Felicity/Barry Allen attraction something you always wanted to touch on?

KREISBERG: That was just something we talked about when we were trying to figure out how we were gonna bring him in. We spent a lot of time talking about Barry, even before the pilot aspect, just about how we were going to introduce him in these episodes. With the way the season had been going, we were talking about Oliver and Felicity, and their growing relationship or feelings for each other. The fact that Barry and Felicity are so similar, and they’re both a little bit uncomfortable in their own skins and are both very likeable and personable, it just seemed like they would instantly hit it off, which would just complicate things for Oliver, even more. It just felt like the right way to go. One of the things we did when we were testing some of the finalists was have Emily Bett Rickards come down from Canada to read. The minute we saw her read with Grant, it was a done deal.

GREG BERLANTI: We wanted to make sure he didn’t seem like jailbait next to her.

How will Barry affect Felicity’s relationship with Oliver?

KREISBERG: Oliver isn’t quite sure what he feels. He knows he feels something for her, but can’t quite define it. I think he’s surprised to find, in this episode, when Dig points out to him that what he’s feeling might actually be termed jealousy. For Felicity, she doesn’t want to like Oliver, in a way. She finds him unattainable and, in a way, he is unattainable, especially when he says, at the end of Episode 6, “It’s probably better if I’m not with somebody I care about.” So, while she does like Barry, she probably throws even more into it because now he’s somebody who’s available. And Barry being as smart as he is, he is familiar with liking somebody who doesn’t like you back, which is something that will be explored further, down the road. He sees that about her. That’s certainly something we pick up in Episode 10. The fall-out from Episode 9 carries over into the next episodes, as far as the Oliver and Felicity relationship is concerned. Barry has had a profound affect on them, and that will carry through.

We’ve seen The Flash in a few other projects, in the past. Grant, do you have a favorite previous Flash?

GUSTIN: To be honest, I’ve never seen anybody else portray The Flash. The last time a series was around, I was an infant. I haven’t seen anyone else portray The Flash, which I thought was really fun about this, once they got excited about me. I’m a superhero fan. I was a big Superman fan, growing up. I’ve always been a big superhero fan. To even have the opportunity to audition for this blew my mind, and to have them get excited about it was really cool. But, I wasn’t trying to be any Flash that I knew about or had seen because I really didn’t have that much knowledge in that category. It was just fun to have them get excited about my random take on Barry Allen.

KREISBERG: It was his spot-on take.

How will Grant Gustin’s younger look affect this version of Barry Allen/The Flash?

KREISBERG: It is an elephant in the room, so we addressed it. But, we’ve always seen him as being a little bit younger. The thing that was really important to us, more than anything, was that he really should be a contrast to Oliver and to Stephen. Stephen is the more traditional, square-jawed, muscle-bound hero, and that works really well because he needs all of that. One of the things about The Flash is that he’s a random guy who gets struck my lightening. He needs the bolt of lightening to be a hero, and Oliver doesn’t need the bolt of lightening.

GEOFF JOHNS: The cool thing, as a contrast, is that Oliver needs the heart, and Barry has the heart. Oliver has the body, and Barry needs the body.

Grant, have you been training already, and does your work-out routine compare to Stephen Amell’s, at all?

GUSTIN: Yes, I have. I started training a month ago, and will continue onward. My work-out routine is much different than what [Stephen] did and what he still does, just because our body types are so different. But it’s a lot of working out, for hours at a time. That’s what it entails. It’s about running. I’ve been training with an Olympic running trainer and putting some mass on my body. That’s where we’re at, right now. I’m doing a lot of eating, and eating a lot of protein, in general.

Geoff, as someone who has a long history with The Flash, what qualities do you see in Grant Gustin that are unique to Barry Allen?

JOHNS: He’s earnest. Grant, as an actor, has brought more to Barry Allen than we’ve seen before, especially seeing him in the days of when he’s taking his first steps. He’s got that heart, he’s got humor and he’s got compassion. Barry was always a nice guy. He’s the guy who stops and makes sure everyone is all right, and then keeps going. And Grant embodies that. He’s the perfect Flash.

BERLANTI: The tricky thing about casting this role is that we were trying to hit a moving target, in that, if we were just creating a character out of nothing, that nobody had any preconceived awareness of, it would be a lot easier. But, we knew the character that we were trying to honor and the spirit of the kind of character we were trying to bring to the show. And then, we went into casting and it’s not like we had a pilot script. When we cast Arrow, we had a pilot script and we went out to all the actors and everybody read a whole script. We had sides. So, really basically off these sides, we were just looking for someone who was the essence of the character. In addition, you’re looking for someone that fits into the Arrow universe we have, but still can really potentially have the promise of their own universe and their own show. Had we not found Grant, I’m not sure we would have done the character. We looked at everybody. It was certainly the largest search I’ve ever been a part of for a TV show, and he just was the part. Suddenly, it didn’t become about age. It didn’t become about any of those other things, other than, if I were a kid and I got to watch the living embodiment of The Flash, this is who I would want to see do it. Our real hope with these episodes is that when people watch them, even before he becomes The Flash, that they connect with him in the way that we did.

Since you leave Barry Allen on a cliffhanger in Episode 9, are you pretty sure about the pilot going to series?

KREISBERG: We have been doing this long enough that we know you don’t bank or count on anything. Every part of the Arrow-verse has been gravy for us. The fact that we got to write the script, and then we got the pilot, and the show got on the air and there was such a great response to it, and now we’re getting to do this, honestly, we’re just loving the work. Loving the work and enjoying each other and enjoying the process has worked out very well for us. That’s really what we do. We keep our heads down and look to the stars, and thank them that we get to write these characters that we grew up with loving. If it plays, then we’ll see.

Will Barry Allen still appear in Episode 20?

KREISBERG: We’re still trying to figure that out now. Episode 20 will just be an episode of Arrow. In some ways, having that be the backdoor pilot would have actually made things a little bit harder because we would have to take a right turn from where we are in our ongoing story to incorporate that. In some ways, this has freed us to take The Flash and just do The Flash separately, and stay on a straight line. Right now, we’re in the middle of working on Episodes 14, 15 and 16, so it’s giving us a little bit of time to figure out how to best utilize that episode.

BERLANTI: In the back half of the year, you definitely hear about what’s happened to him, in the way you’re hearing about Star Labs in the periphery. Especially in terms of Felicity, since she has a connection with him.

Will the pilot for The Flash keep you from adding superpowers to the Arrow universe? Are you going to keep it separate now?

KREISBERG: I think that’s future us’s problem. Part of the introduction of the Mirakuru serum was a gateway superpower. If you can accept that, then The Flash is a little bit easier. We’ll probably want to keep Arrow as distinctive as possible and The Flash as distinctive as possible. Part of the fun will be seeing how those two things play out in both shows.

JOHNS: There are story reasons why The Flash will feel different and he’ll take on different things in his series.

Is there a chance that any Arrow characters could appear in The Flash pilot?

BERLANTI: Definitely, there’s a chance. I’m not saying definitely yes, but that’s our hope.

JOHNS: We’re using a lot of mythology and a lot of characters from the comics, in the development of The Flash show. I don’t want to get too specific yet, but you’ll see a lot of characters and elements from the comics. It’s very much The Flash.

Was it important for you to hold back the costume element of The Flash on Arrow?

KREISBERG: We’re working out the pilot details now. I think that Barry’s love of the hero is going to play a part in the creation of his persona.

BERLANTI: We were holding back the costume element because we knew that, if we did Episode 20 as its own stand-alone episode, we’d have to find a real reason for people, in addition to the quality of the show, to come back in Episode 1 [of The Flash]. When you make a backdoor pilot like that, you have to remake the pilot. So, we thought the suit would be a perfect way to introduce that in the time span between Episode 20 and Episode 1. And now that Episode 20 has become a pilot, one of the great things about it is that we get to add a suit. So, that will appear in the pilot episode now.

KREISBERG: Greg had a great line, if it had just been Episode 20. At the end, Barry was looking at a picture of the Arrow and he goes, “I need a suit.” And his clothes were all shredded from the friction.

Grant, what are you most looking forward to viewers getting to see, with both Barry Allen and then later with The Flash?

GUSTIN: I’m looking forward to the whole thing, at this point. I’m just really excited about the whole thing. I still can’t process it all. I’m looking forward to just getting the pilot script and seeing how Barry is going to handle this happening to him. He’s not just excited. It’s scary. That’s what I’m most excited about playing with. That’s what I loved most about the character, in the audition process. It’s not just that he loves superheroes and he’s a fanboy, and all of a sudden, he’s like, “I’m gonna be one and I’m really stoked about it!” It’s more like, “This is terrifying. This is really happening to me.” I’m really excited to play more with that.

KREISBERG: The show will be slightly tonally different from Arrow, but it still exists in the Arrow-verse. In the Arrow world, people don’t have superpowers. So, when this fantastical thing happens to him, even if the show itself isn’t grounded, the character’s reaction to what’s happening in it will be grounded, and that’s what will make it still feel like it’s in the world of Arrow.

Are you going to include Easter eggs in The Flash universe, like you do with Arrow?

KREISBERG: The Easter eggs have worked out really well for Arrow, and we certainly don’t plan on not continuing that with The Flash. There are even some ones we’re talking about for the pilot, which will be really interesting. DC Comics has been really great in encouraging that, especially working with Geoff Johns, when it doesn’t step on other things that they’re doing. The thing that works best on the show is when it doesn’t matter if you get it or not.

JOHNS: In The Flash pilot, in particular, almost every character has some kind of basis from the books.

Will you get into The Flash’s backstory, on his show?

BERLANTI: Yeah, we will tell a big piece of that backstory. If we do a great job with the pilot and it goes to series, I don’t think we’ll do what we did on Arrow. The cool thing about The Flash, if we do it well, is that there are other ways to get at stories that feel more truthful to who the character is and what’s awesome about that character. That’s really exciting to us, as we break the pilot story.

Do you see the success of Arrow and, hopefully, The Flash as an opportunity to bring other superheroes to television?

KREISBERG: Yeah, if we’re not too tired. In the same way that Arrow was conducive to bringing on character like Deadshot and The Huntress and some of the more grounded people, in success, with The Flash, hopefully there’s a way to bring on some of the more fantastical characters that will probably still go through the grounding lens with which we view everything, but we could tackle some of the bigger villains and possibly heroes. With Arrow, I know everybody wants Batman to come on, but Arrow has to be the coolest person on Arrow. The same thing with The Flash. Barry has to be the coolest person. If we’re lucky enough to get to do more past the pilot, it will be about making sure the audience loves The Flash, Barry Allen and Grant Gustin as much as we do.

JOHNS: Because this is expanding the DC universe on television, we have talked about other characters and concepts and things that can exist within this.

Do you have a dream characters you’d love to include?

KREISBERG: There is a hint of a major character in the pilot [for The Flash], but he might get cut. That’s the fun stuff. We’re getting to bring The Flash on TV now. When Greg brought us the idea for Arrow, this was inconceivable. So, the fact that we’re here and we’re doing The Flash, we’re just so excited about that.

http://collider.com/grant-gustin-arrow- ... 6xxFL7H.99

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 2.08 "The Scientist" Extended Preview 2:

- Arrow 2.08 "The Scientist" Grant Gustin Preview:

- ¡Colton Haynes sobre la palabra con A, el peligro con sangre y más! (TVfanatic):
¡Colton Haynes sobre la palabra con A, el peligro con sangre y más!
Por Jim Halterman 4 de Diciembre, 2013 12:02 pm.

Listen up, Hood…or Vigilante…or whatever we’re calling you these days. Roy Harper does NOT want to be the Robin to your Batman.

That’s what Colton Haynes had to say about where his alter ego’s head is at on the CW series Arrow and what we can expect moving forward.

The actor, who first came to TV fame on MTV’s Teen Wolf, also talked to me about the Roy/Thea relationship, how Mother Queen really feels about him and just how many red hoodies can be found on the Arrow set.

Haynes also teased a big story coming soon for Roy that has something to do with the villainous Sebastian Blood (Kevin Alejandro). In other words, Roy may need the help of a certain vigilante who’s good with shooting arrows sooner than he thinks!

TV Fanatic: Talk to me first just about Roy and Thea because, up to this point, she has been very anti-vigilante anything. Does she keep that feeling or does that change in the coming episodes?

Colton Haynes: She also with Sin needing help as well she has opened up the idea because she realize that Roy is helping people as opposed to just running out, like she says, putting the hurt on bad guys.

So you know, I think that now she realizes that he can take care of myself but I think she also knows that she is not going to be able to stop him once she finds out that he’s still running around, doing things, I think, she is now on board.

TVF: I don’t think they have said the ‘L word’ word. Are they in love? What do you think?

CH: I’m not sure if you mean lust or love.

TVF: I meant love, but we can talk about lust if you need to.

CH: They are definitely in lust. Now we’re going into shooting episode 13 and things are starting to escalate with their relationship more towards love, which kind of scares me because, that can mean, the only way they can go from here is down so, they are always trying to ruin our relationship.

TVF: In the last couple episodes. we’ve seen Roy and The Arrow (aka Oliver) together. How would you define that relationship now since it’s changed a lot since the first season?

CH: It’s nice that Roy is almost looking at Arrow almost like, I wouldn’t say a father figure, I guess like a male figure in his life, but he is just kind of getting tired of being an errand boy. It’s not really what he’s signed up for. He didn’t sign up to go do these little tasks because I think that Roy is now starting to realize that he can do things on his own and I think that’s what you’re going to start seeing and written in the coming episode is that Roy is getting tired. He doesn’t want to be a Robin. He wants to be a Co-Batman. He is just tired of living in the shadow.

TVF: We’ve seen that Roy has at least the start of a relationship with Thea’s mother, Moira. How does that play out now that she’s out of jail?

CH: She really takes to Roy and she actually invites him over for brunch [and] she really attributes a lot of the good things that has happened with Thea that has changed her life to Roy and I think she kind of realizes that Roy has awoken her daughter up a bit. So she is still Team Roy right now.

TVF: Will we see Roy getting more comfortable around the Queen environment, like the money?

CH: I think when you don’t grow up with [money] it doesn’t really tend to phase you until it’s yours…but it does cause a rift in their relationship still. In a lot of way he feels like she doesn’t have to work for things or doesn’t have to work as hard and also there is a big rift between them because she’s technically Roy’s boss. Roy doesn’t like having people tell him what to do.

TVF: Also this next episode we meet Barry Allen, who we all know becomes The Flash. Does Roy interact with him much in the episodes in which he’s featured?

CH: Well unfortunately, he doesn’t. Grant is like the coolest, most amazing person ever. So I would like Roy to, but now I’m not sure if he can come back since now they have their stand-alone pilot. I don’t know if Roy is going to go over there or do any of that but that would be a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I wish if I could say there was interaction but there’s not.

TVF: Roy and Thea are definitely getting closer to Sebastian Blood and I’m guessing that’s going to explode, so to speak, soon. Are we going to see more of that in the coming episodes?

CH: Oh yes. Sebastian Blood is going to be a really big factor in Roy’s life and also with helping Roy become the best of his ability. So in a way, Sebastian Blood plays like a huge, huge role in Roy’s life and Roy doesn’t even know about it. So there is a huge thing that happens between Roy and Sebastian Blood in the next few episodes that not only alters Roy’s life pretty much forever, but also it affects everyone that Roy comes into contact with.

TVF: How many red hoodies are there in existence on the Arrow set?

CH: To be honest, there’s not a lot. Now we’ve changed the color a bit so I guess Roy has decided that he wants to think outside the box. Now he has a little more of a red hoodie as opposed to maroon hoodie. So yes, Roy is really a big thinker. He really likes to think outside the box. [laughs]

TVF: I know that you’re personally very into photography. Are you interested in directing or writing or anything outside of acting down the line?

CH: To do that you have to be very, very patient and very, very intelligent. Two things that I’m not really the best at so I can say right now, that you’ll never see me directing because you have to be so patient and it’s such a difficult job. I do write. That’s something I do for fun. I mean if any of it is any good, I don’t really think so. So, yes maybe definitely writing in the future but no directing.

TVF: Are you pro or con Christmas? How do you feel about the Christmas holiday?

CH: Everyone calls me the Grinch. I’m such a Grinch. In the Christmases that we did have, every single picture of me is me pouting, because I’m so mad because I would want a puppy and we couldn’t have a puppy. I would want things and I’d get my hopes up. Like I wanted a violin one year. Why would my parents buy me a violin? I wouldn’t play it. I wanted these unrealistic gifts. But I love Halloween so much. My holiday cheer comes out during Halloween.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/12/arrow- ... nXBk8.dpuf

- Imágenes BTS del rodaje de la S2 de Arrow en el Vancouver Convention Centre (03-12-13):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(Hubo tres escenas. Una persecución de un coche en un parking subterráneo, una escena de una llegada al aeropuerto y una manifestación política para Moira Queen).

http://vancityfilming.com/arrow-queen-mayor/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow - Bose Blood Rush Episode 5:

- Arrow 2.09 Promo "Three Ghosts" (HD) Mid-Season Finale:

- Arrow 2.09 Extended Promo "Three Ghosts" (HD) Mid-Season Finale:

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 2.08 "The Scientist". Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow HQ Stills 2.09 "Three Ghosts":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Clock King", nuevo villano para la S2 de "Arrow":
Imagen
De acuerdo a TVLine, el drama de la CW Arrow está haciendo los cástings para encontrar al actor que interpretará al villano de los cómics "Clock King" (aka William Tockman) en la segunda mitad de la S2.

El cásting busca a un actor de entre 40-50 años que interprete al villano de mente maestra que tiene “la mente de un gran maestro de ajedrez, y puede visualizar todas las piezas que se entretejen en Starling City y ajustarlas en su favor para sus crímenes.”

"Clock King" era un villano y enemigo de Green Arrow, que debutó en World's Finest Comics #111 (Agosto 1960), y fue creado por France Herron y Lee Elias. No tiene super poderes o habilidades mas que su prodigiosa y calculadora mente. Lleva puesta una máscara con forma de reloj, una capa, y un traje azul con relojes pintados en él.

http://tvline.com/2013/12/03/glee-seaso ... n-returns/

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”