https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoEJzOoGJXE

- On the Set of iZombie: New kind of zombie (TVGuide):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SIeV0X3EOs

- On the Set of iZombie: Meet the cast! (TVGuide):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGLYHw3hFqo

- On the Set of iZombie: The stars give us a tour!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P9L6hEX5ww

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "Nuevo proyecto para la CW sobre 'IZOMBIE'"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Exclusive iZombie Digital Motion Poster (comicbook):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56hCXepBU9M

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- iZombie Creator Rob Thomas On Going “Full Zombie" - #DCTV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIMR1YKeqs0

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Official Cast Portraits:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- IZOMBIE "Undead" New Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTkuziJHymk

- IZOMBIE "Taking Brains" New Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnCZ6Tu3lp4

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas stills del 1.01 "Pilot":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 1.02 "Brother, Can You Spare A Brain?":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Promos:

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash & iZombie Combo Trailer (The CW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D57erTrAS8

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Descripción oficial del 1.03 “The Exterminator”:
1.03 “The Exterminator” (31/03/15): HOMBRE DE ÉXITO SE DA A LA FUGA (31/03/15)— Cuando Liv (Rose McIver) y el Detective Babineaux (Malcolm Goodwin) investigan un caso de atropello y fuga, descubren que la víctima era un sociópata de éxito responsable la muertre de un empresario tecnológico, un caso que Peyton (Aly Michalka) está procesando. Liv y Ravi (Rahul Kohli) ahondan más en un supuesto avistamiento zombie que fue posteado online, lo que lleva a Liv a hacer un sorprendente descubrimiento sobre alguien de su pasado. Major, (Robert Buckley) sigue con su vida y Peyton se ve sorprendida por la reacción de Liv. David Anders también aparece. Michael Fields dirige el episodio con historia de Rob Thomas y guión de Graham Norris & Lee Arcuri (#103).

http://www.ksitetv.com/izombie/izombie- ... ator/60405

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- iZOMBIE on Set: Rose McIver Interview (Ksitetv):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEHR8fw2xZQ

- iZombie Interview: Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero (The CW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECJvlJGHAhM

- iZOMBIE Main Titles by Michael Allred, the artist on the original iZombie comic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nSXg7qqtSQ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- IZOMBIE "How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse" (BuzzFeed):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89CR55iabpE

- IZOMBIE "People Eat Brains For The First Time" (BuzzFeed):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssu8hathBmE

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Comiendo Cerebros en el set de "iZombie" (IGN):
Comiendo Cerebros en el set de "iZombie"
Por Eric Goldman 13 de Marzo, 2015

Premiering on March 17th from executive producers Rob Thomas (creator of Veronica Mars) and Diane Ruggiero (also a Veronica Mars alum), iZombie, and based on the DC / Vertigo comic book, iZombie takes a very different approach to the undead than your typical zombie story.

The main character, Liv (Rose McIver) is a zombie, yes, but in this show, there are stages to zombie-ism. And as long as Liv can keep feeding on brains, she can keep her faculties about her and at least appear to be a normal, albeit odd, human being… though if was to go too long without that specific sustenance, well, things could get bad.

In addition, Liv – who works in the morgue of a hospital, in order to gain access to what she needs -- discovers that when she feeds on a brain, she temporarily gains memories and abilities from that person. This ends up becoming the engine for the show’s weekly stories, as she works with her boss, Ravi (Rahul Kohli) and police detective Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) to solve crimes, using the knowledge she now has.

On the Vancouver set of the iZombie last fall, McIver (Power Rangers RPM, Masters of Sex, Once Upon a Time) remarked, “It’s funny when you get given a script and it’s like, oh, Liv has eaten this brain this time and these are all the things you can do! And I’m like, I never auditioned showing that I could be a concert pianist or whatever it may give me! So it’s been quite a wonderful test and I have managed to learn a ton of different skills. It’s a bit of an actor’s dream to be able to wear a different hat each episode and learn these different things.”

On top of that, McIver noted, “There’s definitely a very physical component. I used to dance growing up and I’ve done quite a few shows with a lot of action in them so I like that.”

McIver’s past as a Power Ranger has ended up being beneficial, as the Australian actress revealed, “To be honest, it has been super helpful with some of the action sequences. We trained with an amazing Japanese stunt team for Power Rangers. When they came here they were like, ‘Are you sure you’re going to be able to do one right jab? Is that going to be okay?’ I was like, ‘I think I’ll be okay!’ So we’ve been lucky with it actually.”

Only Ravi knows the truth about Liv and Kohli said he didn’t feel there was concern that he couldn’t keep that secret, explaining, “To him, it’s the most incredible, medical spectacle, so there’s this enjoyment of this secret that he has with Liv. It’s something that he’s working on and I don’t think there’s a need to share it so much as there’s a need to understand it. It’s more about understanding, about treating it, about curing it, and stopping it from breaking out and things like that. I don’t think it’s something on the tip of his tongue. But it’s something he’s fascinated by and excited by.”

On the flip side, Liv’s ex-fiancé Major (Robert Buckley) has no idea what Live has truly become, believing she managed to survive a horrific mass murder (what was in truth a zombie attack) and changed dramatically in the wake of it. Noted Buckley, “He doesn’t know what’s happened to her. He just think she’s been through this traumatic event. Then all of a sudden, it’s like everything changes. The relationship's off, she’s really distant and they’ve been together for eight years so you would just see he’s a guy who’s going through heartache. But he’s doing it in a very honorable way, so I think, initially, he’s a very sympathetic character because you’re like, ‘Oh, that would be a bummer.’ He’s being sweet about it. He’s not being selfish or childish, but then that quickly changes. They don’t keep him in that lane long before he starts venturing off and getting his own little world and his own life.”

In the meantime, Liv and Ravi tell Clive that Liv is psychic to explain how much she knows about the cases they're investigating. Asked if Clive really buys that, Goodwin remarked, “So far, her psychic visions are leading to collars and so far that’s all he cares about. He’s happy about that. He’s making a name for himself at the police force. He’s always had potential but he’s kind of getting there a little faster now. I think everybody believed in him but he needed that edge, so it gives him an edge. So as long as she keeps having the Miss Cleo visions and things like that, he’s with it so he’s all in.”

One amusing thing about being on the set of a TV show where the main character has to constantly eat brains on camera is everyone can’t help but wonder… how are the brains? On iZombie, Liv, who discovers her taste buds are substantially dulled, tries to add to her “meals” by covering them in hot sauce and the actress laughed, “It’s been trial and error," as far as what she's actually eating. "We really got it down to something a lot better than it was. It’s agar agar, a coconut kind of gelatin. The weak spot is the hot sauce which we have used V8, tomato juice kind of stuff, vegetable juice. And that with gelatin is just a combination you’re never going to love. But it’s fine. It’s definitely not unbearable and I have spit buckets on hand. People are very patient with me. What is quite fun is that each episode, Liv spices up how she wants to eat her brains. She doesn’t eat them all the same way. She might blend them or have them in a taco. We get to kind of see how she’s still trying to have a varied and interesting diet despite the quite strange requirement.”

It should be noted that all of us journalists visiting the iZombie set that day got to try some “brain” – and I found it to have a decent taste! Okay, I was in the minority, I must admit. But look, if you like your brains a little crispy and sweet, then the set of iZombie has what you're looking for!

Even though iZombie makes notable story changes from the comics -- including the lead character's name -- McIver said the inspiration was still strong. She recalled, “As soon as I got the job and I was flying up here, pretty immediately and kindly, I got sent all of the graphic novels. They are brilliant. It took me a long time to adjust to reading them. The only graphic novel I read growing up was Sandman. My brother gave me those when I was about 13, the Sandman Chronicles. I’m not super familiar with the format so it’s a little bit of an adjustment. I’m a real novel reader. But I just really enjoyed it. I think that her character very much is brought into this show as well in terms of being pretty sassy. She doesn’t take too much bulls**t from people. She’s vulnerable but she’s not a pushover by any stretch. She’s not your damsel in distress. She’s a bit of a warrior and dealing with people that most people -- well hopefully no one in the world -- deals with as far as I know. I think that the comics established something so wonderful, that we really wanted to draw form that everything that we could. Obviously a TV show is such a different format and certain things are increased or certain things are not explored the same way on the show. That’s very much been a part of the process and present in all our minds.”

Regarding the more loose adaptation iZombie offers of the comic, Kohli remarked, “In terms of the comic book adaptation, this is something that came up during Comic-Con. Obviously, we are a comic book adaptation, but not in the stricter sense. The best way to explain it, which was said, was we’re more Wanted than Watchmen. It has the heart and the roots of the comic book but it doesn’t face it shot for shot. It doesn’t follow that. It takes ideas and goes in its own direction. I know a lot of people, especially fans of comics, when they hear that, when they hear that their property’s being adapted, they want to hear that it’s line for line. Like it’s literally, ‘I want to see the comic panels moved over.’ With this one, I think fans of the comic will still relate to that character that they love from the comic book. It’s still there. It’s still intact. It still has that heart. But it’s different. It’s another version. It’s something to enjoy along side that comic book to enjoy both mediums rather than having the same thing just translated.”

Kohli and Buckley quickly became friends making iZombie, discovering plenty of shared interests, including a passion for video games, that has begun to bleed into the show and their characters. Recalled Kohli, “We got some Magic the Gathering cards the other day and we were just sitting around playing them. I don’t know what we were doing. But you find someone hears about it and the next thing you know, we read a script and it’s like oh they put [that in]? That’s cool.” He added that, so far, though, “We’re not actually playing Magic The Gathering in the show.”

Buckley chimed in, with a laugh, “We’re going to have to lie about this interview and say we never agreed to that. But we were playing Diablo 3, the new version that came out, and we got a call that was like, “What would be some characters you'd be into?” We end up playing Diablo 3 in the [show]. It’ll be funny. People will be like, ‘Could you imagine those guys actually doing those things?” And we’re actually doing those things.”

iZombie / 13 Mar 2015
Eating Brains on the Set of iZombie
Rose McIver and her costars on what to expect from the new CW series.

By Eric GoldmanPremiering on March 17th from executive producers Rob Thomas (creator of Veronica Mars) and Diane Ruggiero (also a Veronica Mars alum), iZombie, and based on the DC / Vertigo comic book, iZombie takes a very different approach to the undead than your typical zombie story.

The main character, Liv (Rose McIver) is a zombie, yes, but in this show, there are stages to zombie-ism. And as long as Liv can keep feeding on brains, she can keep her faculties about her and at least appear to be a normal, albeit odd, human being… though if was to go too long without that specific sustenance, well, things could get bad.

In addition, Liv – who works in the morgue of a hospital, in order to gain access to what she needs -- discovers that when she feeds on a brain, she temporarily gains memories and abilities from that person. This ends up becoming the engine for the show’s weekly stories, as she works with her boss, Ravi (Rahul Kohli) and police detective Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) to solve crimes, using the knowledge she now has.
iZombie - Trailer
01:40

On the Vancouver set of the iZombie last fall, McIver (Power Rangers RPM, Masters of Sex, Once Upon a Time) remarked, “It’s funny when you get given a script and it’s like, oh, Liv has eaten this brain this time and these are all the things you can do! And I’m like, I never auditioned showing that I could be a concert pianist or whatever it may give me! So it’s been quite a wonderful test and I have managed to learn a ton of different skills. It’s a bit of an actor’s dream to be able to wear a different hat each episode and learn these different things.”

On top of that, McIver noted, “There’s definitely a very physical component. I used to dance growing up and I’ve done quite a few shows with a lot of action in them so I like that.”

McIver’s past as a Power Ranger has ended up being beneficial, as the Australian actress revealed, “To be honest, it has been super helpful with some of the action sequences. We trained with an amazing Japanese stunt team for Power Rangers. When they came here they were like, ‘Are you sure you’re going to be able to do one right jab? Is that going to be okay?’ I was like, ‘I think I’ll be okay!’ So we’ve been lucky with it actually.”

Only Ravi knows the truth about Liv and Kohli said he didn’t feel there was concern that he couldn’t keep that secret, explaining, “To him, it’s the most incredible, medical spectacle, so there’s this enjoyment of this secret that he has with Liv. It’s something that he’s working on and I don’t think there’s a need to share it so much as there’s a need to understand it. It’s more about understanding, about treating it, about curing it, and stopping it from breaking out and things like that. I don’t think it’s something on the tip of his tongue. But it’s something he’s fascinated by and excited by.”
iZOMBIE - Malcolm Goodwin, Rahul Kohli, Robert Buckley, David Anders Interview - Comic Con 2014
08:36

On the flip side, Liv’s ex-fiancé Major (Robert Buckley) has no idea what Live has truly become, believing she managed to survive a horrific mass murder (what was in truth a zombie attack) and changed dramatically in the wake of it. Noted Buckley, “He doesn’t know what’s happened to her. He just think she’s been through this traumatic event. Then all of a sudden, it’s like everything changes. The relationship's off, she’s really distant and they’ve been together for eight years so you would just see he’s a guy who’s going through heartache. But he’s doing it in a very honorable way, so I think, initially, he’s a very sympathetic character because you’re like, ‘Oh, that would be a bummer.’ He’s being sweet about it. He’s not being selfish or childish, but then that quickly changes. They don’t keep him in that lane long before he starts venturing off and getting his own little world and his own life.”

In the meantime, Liv and Ravi tell Clive that Liv is psychic to explain how much she knows about the cases they're investigating. Asked if Clive really buys that, Goodwin remarked, “So far, her psychic visions are leading to collars and so far that’s all he cares about. He’s happy about that. He’s making a name for himself at the police force. He’s always had potential but he’s kind of getting there a little faster now. I think everybody believed in him but he needed that edge, so it gives him an edge. So as long as she keeps having the Miss Cleo visions and things like that, he’s with it so he’s all in.”

One amusing thing about being on the set of a TV show where the main character has to constantly eat brains on camera is everyone can’t help but wonder… how are the brains? On iZombie, Liv, who discovers her taste buds are substantially dulled, tries to add to her “meals” by covering them in hot sauce and the actress laughed, “It’s been trial and error," as far as what she's actually eating. "We really got it down to something a lot better than it was. It’s agar agar, a coconut kind of gelatin. The weak spot is the hot sauce which we have used V8, tomato juice kind of stuff, vegetable juice. And that with gelatin is just a combination you’re never going to love. But it’s fine. It’s definitely not unbearable and I have spit buckets on hand. People are very patient with me. What is quite fun is that each episode, Liv spices up how she wants to eat her brains. She doesn’t eat them all the same way. She might blend them or have them in a taco. We get to kind of see how she’s still trying to have a varied and interesting diet despite the quite strange requirement.”
The "brains" we ate on the set of iZombie, before they were sliced up for us.

The "brains" we ate on the set of iZombie, before they were sliced up for us.

It should be noted that all of us journalists visiting the iZombie set that day got to try some “brain” – and I found it to have a decent taste! Okay, I was in the minority, I must admit. But look, if you like your brains a little crispy and sweet, then the set of iZombie has what you're looking for!
iZOMBIE - Rose McIver, Rob Thomas, Diane Ruggiero-Wright Interview - Comic Con 2014
07:46

Even though iZombie makes notable story changes from the comics -- including the lead character's name -- McIver said the inspiration was still strong. She recalled, “As soon as I got the job and I was flying up here, pretty immediately and kindly, I got sent all of the graphic novels. They are brilliant. It took me a long time to adjust to reading them. The only graphic novel I read growing up was Sandman. My brother gave me those when I was about 13, the Sandman Chronicles. I’m not super familiar with the format so it’s a little bit of an adjustment. I’m a real novel reader. But I just really enjoyed it. I think that her character very much is brought into this show as well in terms of being pretty sassy. She doesn’t take too much bulls**t from people. She’s vulnerable but she’s not a pushover by any stretch. She’s not your damsel in distress. She’s a bit of a warrior and dealing with people that most people -- well hopefully no one in the world -- deals with as far as I know. I think that the comics established something so wonderful, that we really wanted to draw form that everything that we could. Obviously a TV show is such a different format and certain things are increased or certain things are not explored the same way on the show. That’s very much been a part of the process and present in all our minds.”

Regarding the more loose adaptation iZombie offers of the comic, Kohli remarked, “In terms of the comic book adaptation, this is something that came up during Comic-Con. Obviously, we are a comic book adaptation, but not in the stricter sense. The best way to explain it, which was said, was we’re more Wanted than Watchmen. It has the heart and the roots of the comic book but it doesn’t face it shot for shot. It doesn’t follow that. It takes ideas and goes in its own direction. I know a lot of people, especially fans of comics, when they hear that, when they hear that their property’s being adapted, they want to hear that it’s line for line. Like it’s literally, ‘I want to see the comic panels moved over.’ With this one, I think fans of the comic will still relate to that character that they love from the comic book. It’s still there. It’s still intact. It still has that heart. But it’s different. It’s another version. It’s something to enjoy along side that comic book to enjoy both mediums rather than having the same thing just translated.”

Kohli and Buckley quickly became friends making iZombie, discovering plenty of shared interests, including a passion for video games, that has begun to bleed into the show and their characters. Recalled Kohli, “We got some Magic the Gathering cards the other day and we were just sitting around playing them. I don’t know what we were doing. But you find someone hears about it and the next thing you know, we read a script and it’s like oh they put [that in]? That’s cool.” He added that, so far, though, “We’re not actually playing Magic The Gathering in the show.”

Buckley chimed in, with a laugh, “We’re going to have to lie about this interview and say we never agreed to that. But we were playing Diablo 3, the new version that came out, and we got a call that was like, “What would be some characters you'd be into?” We end up playing Diablo 3 in the [show]. It’ll be funny. People will be like, ‘Could you imagine those guys actually doing those things?” And we’re actually doing those things.”
What We Can Expect From The DC iZombie Pilot
01:05

Regarding the show’s offbeat sensibility, Goodwin said, “I think tonally, it’s amazing how they found a balance of keeping the humor but then the cases are taken dead seriously. They’re for real. Also what Liv goes through with eating those brains, in terms of being somebody who’s kind of disconnected with her emotional faculties and stuff because she’s a zombie and she’s kind of distanced herself from reality and the person she used to be. But when she eats these brains, when she picks up these particular people’s traits and stuff. For example, if somebody’s a great painter or whatever like that then she’s able to see colors the way that person would see the world. And her experience through that, while solving this case, I’m dealing with this issue of, 'Isn’t this beautiful? The colors of this and this and that.' I have no idea why she’s talking about the colors or the décor of things but it came from that dead person’s brain or whatever traits that they have. In terms of balancing the different tones, yeah it does go from comedy to seriousness. But the cases are pretty grounded. You never feel like this is a stupid case. Clive takes it dead seriously and he jokes within that framework.”

The cast of iZombie clearly got along very well, and McIver explained the friendly atmosphere on set, while also giving us all a delightful new term to use (we assume it’s well known in Australia?) when she declared, “I feel like I really landed with my bum in the butter here! It’s very fortunate.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/13/ ... of-izombie?

- El elenco de iZombie sobre los maquillajes extremos, un no-muerto David Anders y los 'sabores' de los cerebros (TVLine):
El elenco de iZombie sobre los maquillajes extremos, un no-muerto David Anders y los 'sabores' de los cerebros
Por Vlada Gelman / 13 Marzo 2015, 3:15 PM PDT

Mmm, we’ve got a mouthful of brains a brain full of questions about The CW’s new series iZombie (premiering next Tuesday at 9/8c) — like when can we expect the Veronica Mars cast to visit? — so TVLine went to the set to get answers straight from the cast.

From Mars creator Rob Thomas, iZombie follows aspiring surgeon Liv (Once Upon a Time‘s Rose McIver), who becomes a member of the undead after a tragic boat party, forcing her to take a job at the Seattle coroner’s office in order to get her feast on.

But what happens when she chows down on brains? How is the show explaining Liv’s radical, zombified look? And what’s up with David Anders’ (Alias) mysterious character? Get the scoop on those burning Qs and more below.

WHAT DO LIV’S LOVED ONES THINK OF HER MAKEOVER? | Liv’s pasty skin and locks – which take an hour and forty minutes in the makeup chair to produce – could understandably raise some eyebrows, but “we play it off as humor rather than investigate that too much,” McIver says.

Liv “has embraced it as her new look,” McIver adds. “She doesn’t try to dye it or hide it.” As for her family and freinds’ reaction to her extreme makeover, they attribute it to a major trauma that’s pulling her away from her old life. “What she’s gone through is so horrific,” explains Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill), who plays Liv’s ex-fiancé Major. “You give someone space, and maybe it’s the way she’s coping.”

WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF EATING BRAINS? | When Liv consumes a noggin, she inherits the owner’s memories and skills, including languages and interests. “She also gets flashes of what happened to [the dead], so she’s able to solve this crime, ideally,” McIver explains. “She’ll work out who that person was by the things she suddenly starts doing. [In the pilot], she eats the brain of a kleptomaniac and she suddenly starts stealing things.”

WHO KNOWS LIV’S SECRET? | That honor belongs to Liv’s boss at the corner’s office, Dr. Ravi Chakrabarti. “To him, [Liv is] the most incredible medical spectacle, so there’s this enjoyment of this secret that he has with her,” his portrayer Rahul Kohli describes. As her confidant, “it’s more about treating it and curing it and stopping it from breaking out.”

IS LIV ALL ALONE? | “She knows she potentially contracted zombieism from someone, but she doesn’t really know that there’s a community out there at all,” McIver reveals. “Throughout the first few episodes, you’ll start to get hints of whether there are [other zombies], what they look like, how they manage to hide it.” Which brings us to…

WHO IS BLAINE? | In case you couldn’t tell by David Anders’ own peroxide blonde tresses, his alter ego is also a member of the undead – and a very entertaining, scene-stealing one to boot. “Anders is one of the real highlights of this show,” McIver raves. “He is brilliant, and I think people are going to be pretty blown away by the zombie he’s created.”

HOW CLOSELY DOES THE SHOW HUE TO THE GRAPHIC NOVELS? | “We are a comic book adaptation, but not in the strictest sense,” Kohli admits. “The best way to explain it is we are more Wanted than Watchmen.” Still, McIver points out that her incarnation does share characteristics with the source material’s Liv. “She doesn’t take too much bullsh-t from people,” the actress says. “She’s vulnerable, but she’s not a pushover by any stretch. She’s not your damsel in distress.”

WHAT DO BRAINS TASTE LIKE? | Nothing good, according to this reporter. (See my reaction to a nibble of the concoction.) As for what they’re made out of, “It’s been trial and error,” McIver shares. “We’ve really got it down to something a lot better than it was. It’s agar agar, a coconut kind of gelatin.” Previous variations also included hot sauce or V8 juice, “but that with gelatin is just a combination you’re just never going to love! … What is quite fun is that each episode, Liv spices up how she eats her brains. She doesn’t eat them all the same way. She might blend them or have them in a taco.”

WHEN IS THE VERONICA MARS REUNION? | It could be any day now — considering all the offscreen love between the two casts. (Plus, Mars vets Ryan Hansen, Percy Daggs III and Daran Norris all appear on the CW series.) McIver counts Hansen and Chris Lowell among her close friends and even pow-wowed with the latter after being asked to test for iZombie. “I said, ‘Chris, I love Veronica Mars, but I know you worked with [Rob Thomas]. What do you actually think of these people?’ He was like, ‘That’s so funny because they just called me, asking the exact same thing about you. You guys just go to a room and talk about it because this feels like high school.'” Considering that the actress landed the role, it’s safe to say there’s good mojo all around. “They want to have a good time as much as tell a story that they think is interesting. So I feel like I really landed with my bum in the butter here.”

http://tvline.com/2015/03/13/izombie-se ... se-mciver/

- Robert Buckley & Rahul Kohli sobre el tono de iZombie (ksitetv):
Robert Buckley & Rahul Kohli sobre el tono de iZombie
Por Craig Byrne 14 Marzo, 2015

Some of the promotional trailers for The CW's iZombie have implied a comedic tone, whereas others have shown a bit of an action/sci-fi side.

So which is it? Comedy or sci-fi?

We spoke with actors Rahul Kohli and Robert Buckley at the Vancouver set of iZombie late last year to find out what we can look forward to. Rahul plays Dr. Ravi Chakrabarti, Liv's pal at the coroner's office, and Rob plays Major Lilywhite, the love of Liv's life until she started having a hunger for brains.

"There's been a shift, I think," Kohli says of how things are following the pilot. "The first one back [Episode 2] was, I'd say, and then the next one was quite intense, and it just flipped. But the humor in it - that runs through it the entire time. It's got a dark humor. I think my character in particular tends to have some of those moments that are funny. There's never an episode that's just hugely hilarious, and we're a complete situation comedy. It's never that at all. There's always that line through, but some episodes are far more intense and dark than others, depending on the bad guy stuff. Especially the stuff with Anders. That gets pretty nasty," Rahul says.

According to Robert Buckley, the diversity in tone can also be attributed to the ensemble cast. "It's not entirely just hinged upon the character of Liv. They have given these other characters lives. So even if what she's going through is really traumatic and heavy, there's still other things happening, so that if what she's going through is crazy, maybe there's a different character, Peyton or Major, [who] has something lighter going on. There's always kind of a balance," he promises.

http://www.ksitetv.com/interviews-2/int ... mbie/60613
- El Creador de Veronica Mars, Rob Thomas, sobre lo que podemos esperar de iZombie (IGN):
El Creador de Veronica Mars, Rob Thomas, sobre lo que podemos esperar de iZombie
By Eric Goldman 16 Marzo, 2015

Rob Thomas, the creator of Veronica Mars and co-creator of Party Down, returns to TV on March 17th with iZombie. Inspired by the DC/Vertigo comic of the same name, the series stars Rose McIver (Once Upon a Time, Masters of Sex) as Liv, who’s been transformed into a zombie – but one who still has her wits about her, as long as she continues to eat human brains. And Liv soon discovers that eating those brains – which she gets via her job in a morgue – actually temporarily gives her the knowledge and skills of those she’s consuming.

I sat down with Thomas to discuss iZombie, the comic book-inspired visuals the show includes and his response to those cynical about another zombie show – especially one taking a humorous approach.

IGN: What were your first discussions like about iZombie?

Thomas: I had to be talked into it and it had nothing to do with the material, the comic book. Susan Rovner, the head of development at Warner Brothers, came to me with it. Unlike my shows that are things that I pitch and passion projects of mine, this was Susan Rovner bringing me this comic book and saying, “You need to do this.” And at the time I was editing the Veronica Mars movie and I had just sold two pilot scripts. I did not have the time or the energy and I kept trying to tell her no and she really would not take no for an answer. Her pitch was, “You don’t even have to read it. Look at the cover of this comic book. This girl is the next great female lead on the CW. She’s Buffy and Veronica. You should be writing this.” It was really her passion for it that made me take it seriously and read the comics and I asked if I could do it with Diane who, the idea of getting a great female lead on the CW is really appealing to me. She’s the lover of zombies and genre stuff. She was attracted to that. I like the amount of passion the studio had for it. And then, in the comic book they have ghosts and were-terriers and a bunch of different kinds of monsters wandering around and that was less interesting to me. True Blood had done that sort of thing. There’s another multiple monster show on. I wanted to stay just pure zombie. But we both liked the biggest idea out of that comic book which was that she ate the brains and inherited their memories and kind of fixed the issues of the dead. Putting her in a morgue gave us a story that allowed us to do murder mysteries each week. We talked a lot about Pushing Daisies. I think that may be the show we have the most similarity with. In that show they got those little glimpses, the little tiny glimpses and that’s kind of what ours does as well.

IGN: When you’re casting a lead on any show it’s a big deal. What was it about Rose that convinced you she was the one?

Thomas: I’ve mentioned this once or twice, but when we cast Veronica Mars, I saw a hundred actresses and Kristen Bell was the first one in the door and I knew I had it. We have to take five actresses to studio and three to network but I knew I had the person I wanted to do the show. With iZombie, Rose was the hundredth. She was literally the last and I was freaking out because we didn’t have it. I was about to leave on the Veronica Mars premiere circuit for a week without the lead of the show were I’m directing the pilot that starts shooting a week after I get back. We were so screwed at that point and then she walked in the door. I think it’s the charm. Can you imagine wanting to watch her for five years? Does she have the kind of charm and charisma? We knew we would need someone who could deliver comedy and had a range but at the end of the day, it’s does she jump out at you? Do you want to be with her? And we all felt that way about Rose. She had one of the greatest network auditions I’d ever seen. Whenever you do these, you get to work with the actors right before they go in for the world’s gnarliest audition with the head of the studio, head of the network, all the executives, into a small little room. They’re auditioning over four pages of material and this is your girl and she doesn’t flub anything. We had two actors that came in there. The other girl ended up being a sacrificial lamb. Rose so nailed that audition. She came out of the room celebrating and I was in such panic mode. It was a hallelujah moment for the show because I’ve had actors who I wanted to be great get into that room, and everything you’ve seen collapses and with her it elevated. It was an amazing audition.

IGN: You’ve got a story structure that gives you a good engine for a case of the week, as it were. But how much will that bleed together with the serialized story growing in the background? What kind of balance are you looking for?

Thomas: I think there was a sort of evolution over the course of the season. There was no written rule. I would say the beginning episodes gave more attention to those mysteries of the week and over the course of the season, that shifted over into the mythology and we started finding cases that were part of the mythology. I think that’s going to be what the show succeeds or fails on. The murder cases make a nice -- not a nice, that’s a funny way of putting it! [Laughs] I think, hopefully, we’ll have fans of the show and I have a feeling they’re going to gravitate to the zombie stuff. They’re going to want to get to our characters more than the investigation of this dead body in the morgue. It’s a great device though because we get to do “This week, Liv knows Kung Fu. Next week, she’s a cheerleader.” We get to have a lot of fun with that but I think, and I don’t know if there’s a function of later in the season there’s more mythology but, if it went 60/40 towards the case of the week in the beginning, it probably ended up 60/40 mythology by the end.

IGN: Can you talk about more about finding the comic book style visuals in the show? This show is based on a comic book but there are still other adaptations that don’t look like that at all.

Thomas: We stumbled into it. I wish I had known that we were going to go there when I shot the pilot because I would have done a few things differently. It was in the editing room on the pilot and it was, “Wouldn’t it be cool if…” Around the same time, I had an idea for both the song I wanted to use in the main titles and how we could do it. I think there are certain things that fans of the comic book are going to be unhappy with, that they’re not getting the comic that they loved. But I thought a great shout out to them would be to have the artist who did the comic series do our main titles and draw those characters, just to carry that look through. What I really remember… some version of that was watching the Wild Wild West as a kid and they would use those panels as bumpers between acts. We played around with it to get it to where we are now but it was sort of a fun, signature piece to throw in the show.

IGN: The title iZombie can be polarizing, as I’m sure you’re aware and make the more cynical declare say, “Oh, that sounds so stupid.” Do you embrace that challenge?

Thomas: Yeah. If you’ve seen, we even have fun with it. We’re very aware of [the question] are we on the tail end of the zombie phenomena? I think it’s a fresh approach to them. I would hate it if right now we were trying to do a kick ass zombie apocalypse show. I don’t think we’ll be competing. I think there’s absolutely a chance of some people wanting the violence, survival [aspect] who will go, “This is not for me.” But we can never out walking dead the Walking Dead. We have to be something different on this network.

IGN: Kind of piggybacking off that, was it interesting to find what tone you wanted to do and how much you wanted to veer into how dark will things get and how much horror you wanted to delve into?

Thomas: We do get there. The season finale is a violent, violent episode. I think even episode three that you saw, the zombie in the hole, there we got to find a way to make more traditional zombie tropes work for the show and I think we’ll come back to that at another time So we’ll embrace it but it won’t be our bread and butter on the show. I think the comedy and the fun that we can have with the brain eating, I think that’s where we’ll carve out our own identity.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/16/ ... om-izombie
- iZombie: Liv Moore es 'la próxima gran heroína de la CW' (EW):
iZombie: Liv Moore es 'la próxima gran heroína de la CW'
Por Natalie Abrams 16 Marzo, 2015

Like Buffy Summers or Veronica Mars before her, iZombie’s Liv Moore is aiming to become The CW’s next great heroine.

After a freak zombie attack, Liv’s (Rose McIver) seemingly perfect life as a med student on her way to being married takes a turn when she becomes one of the walking dead. Surprisingly, viewers will be able to relate to Liv’s story—no, not the part about her becoming a brain-hungry zombie, but because, at its core, iZombie is a coming of age tale. Seriously, how would you handle such a crazy change just as you’re figuring out your life? EW talks to executive producer Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero to get the scoop on the new show, which is based on the DC Comics print of the same name:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Where did the idea to adapt the comic first come from?
ROB THOMAS: Susan Rovner, the [EVP] of Warner Bros. development, made us do it. We weren’t looking to do zombies. In fact, it came at a really weird time for me, because I was already doing a couple pilots and finishing up editing the Veronica Mars movie when Warner Bros. first came to me with it. I kept trying to say no, not because I didn’t like the premise or the comic book, but because I was just overwhelmed at the time. Susan kept saying, “This is the next great heroine on The CW. This is the next Buffy. It’s the next Veronica Mars.” They would not let me say no. Eventually, I said, “If I can do it with Diane Ruggiero, then I will do it.” That’s the auspices.
DIANE RUGGIERO: I just do whatever Rob says, so he never has to twist my arm. [Laughs]
THOMAS: Diane is the true lover of the zombie genre. She’s the person who keeps us on the straight and narrow, zombie wise.

How different will the series be from the comics?
RUGGIERO: There’s a lot that we had to throw out the window for production reasons. The reason the comic works so well is that it’s a comic. When you try to translate it into television, a lot of it just wouldn’t work. The inspiration and the heart of it is still there. The journey that this character is having of being a zombie, but still functioning in the world and still trying to reinvent herself as a mid-20s person with this strange thing happening in her life is still there, but a lot of the story that the comic had didn’t work for TV.
THOMAS: There are a couple things. In the comic books, she’s a grave digger and that’s how she gets her brains, but because we wanted to do a case of the week show, it made a lot more sense to have her working in a police morgue, where there’s a murder case to be solved each week. Also, in the comic book, they had a bunch of different kinds of monsters—zombies, mummies, ghosts and were-terriers. True Blood had covered the whole monster spectrum, and Being Human had a ghost, werewolf and vampire living together. We wanted to carve out our pure zombie space since other shows were already doing the multi-monster universe. The big idea we kept from the comic book is that she has to eat brains in order to keep functioning in a semi-human state, and when she eats these brains, she inherits the memories of the dead.

You say you wanted to change it to a coroner’s office to get the case of the week, but is it also just less sexy digging up people from graves?
RUGGIERO: I don’t know, if you saw the comics, she looked pretty sexy digging graves. She had a fantastic little tight grave digger outfit. Michael Allred did make grave digging look pretty sexy, but for our purposes, I think you’re right. [Laughs]

How do you make a show about a zombie eating brains relatable to a human audience?
RUGGIERO: One of the things that we talked about is that in your mid-20s—when you’re out of college and you’ve gone on this path of what you think you’re going to do with your life and who you’re going to be—and you find that nothing is at all what you thought it would be. You sometimes have a pre-life crisis instead of a mid-life crisis. She’s having that very typical mid-20s crisis, except hers is brought on by being a zombie.
THOMAS: She’s the poster child for quarter life crisis. Like so many of her peers, she did everything right. She kept her head down and made good grades. She expected good things to follow and then wakes up one day as a zombie and the career that she thought she was going to have is no longer attainable, the man she thought she was going to spend the rest of her life with she can no longer have. Like so many of her peers, she’s finding herself in her mid-20s a little aimless when you find her in the pilot.

How is Liv dealing with becoming a zombie both physically and emotionally?
THOMAS: As we pick up the pilot, the idea is: Not well. What we wanted to get across in the pilot is that since getting turned into a zombie, she has reacted in a way that is very relatable, which is: “Why even go on? Why even get out of bed in the morning? I’m already dead. I can’t have anything that I wanted in life. All my dreams have been dashed.” The arc in the pilot is to give her some sort of reason to go on, a mission statement. What we found doing the pilot, which was a weird after-effect, is that we had this vivacious, great, charming, sparkly actress in the lead role, and for the first five acts of the pilot, we ask her to shut it all down. “Hey, for five acts, don’t give us any of that charm, and hope that it really lands in the final act,” which Rose is good enough that you see it all in the final act. The nice thing moving forward in the series is we didn’t have to tell her to play that in the series. Sometimes she has to temperate it, like when she eats the brain of a psychopath, but we have fun episodes later where she gets to dial it all the way up as a cheerleader or as a stoner. We have our own mini-Orphan Black here in that Rose gets to play a lot of different character archetypes.

How are those around Liv reacting to her big change?
RUGGIERO: In the pilot, people think she has PTSD because she was involved in this massacre on the lake. What would you call it, Rob? A melee?
THOMAS: The boat massacre? The humdinger? [Laughs]
RUGGIERO: Yes, that’s it. I believe we’re calling it the murderous humdinger. [Laughs] They think that she saw all these people get killed and she almost died, so she’s having PTSD as a result of that. That’s why her friends and family initially think she’s behaving so strangely, but as the series goes on—I don’t think the first place your brain jumps is, “Oh, she must be a zombie.”
THOMAS: All I can do is continue to think of synonyms: A dust-up on the lake.
RUGGIERO: The lake kerfuffle. [Laughs]

As part of the procedural aspect of the series, how do you keep it from becoming too monotonous?
THOMAS: We want it to be just as monotonous as Law & Order. [Laughs] We’re just going to take that level of monotony into syndication. I will say that there was an evolution over the course of the season. Diane and I both did a lot of Veronica Mars episodes, and that’s a true gumshoe, detective show, it was a mystery of the week. We spent a lot of time breaking those mysteries and we wanted to carefully lay out clues that a close observer watching at home might be able to figure out the case along with Veronica. We tried to not have clues happen off-screen. We started on iZombie with similar ambitions and each case would have three red herrings and we would carefully put all of the clues in there and the thing that we discovered with iZombie over the course of the season is that the gold is in the zombie genre and mythology. Over the course of the season, we probably shave off about 20 percent of the beats of the case of the week and gave them to the zombie story of the week. There’s a bit of an evolution as we found the show.

As you mentioned, Liv gains some of the victims’ memories as well as their attributes. Can you tease some of the personalities she’ll be taking on?
RUGGIERO: I so wanted you to say, “Can you tell us about the people that she’ll be eating?”
THOMAS: We see a sensual painter, a psychopath, I mentioned cheerleader and stoner, radio relationship expert.
RUGGIERO: The agoraphobe.
THOMAS: Yeah, agoraphobe hacker. Army sniper. A daredevil, one of those people who jumps out of planes and off of bridges—an extreme sports gal. It’s funny, one of the big discussions that we had with the network at the beginning of the year was, “Does she learn little life lessons from each of these brains that she eats?” It’s tough to do every week, “I learned something important by being a psychopath this week!”
RUGGIERO: “Everything I know about life, I learned from being a zombie!”
THOMAS: An example is Liv never fancied herself as connoisseur of art and not overtly a passionate person, but we give a nod towards that in the painter episode where you feel like some bit of her has changed, but we’re not playing with the idea that she becomes completely absorbed and can’t jump out of a personality that she’s absorbed.

What can you tease about the overarching storyline?
RUGGIERO: I’m not sure how much we can say about that, but David Anders is in the pilot.
THOMAS: We can say that she discovers that she’s not the only zombie. However, she’s the only good zombie she knows. She comes to think that she might be the key to preventing a zombie apocalypse and she, beyond her job at the morgue, needs to dive into the zombie problem.

How are these zombies different from what we’re used to seeing?
THOMAS: They can continue to think and behave as they did before, however they must eat brains. We’ll see an example of what happens when one of our zombies don’t eat brains. They become the quintessential or old school zombie we know, or what in the show we refer to as “Romeros,” the flesh falling off, brainless zombies..

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/16/iz ... heroine-cw

- Rob Thomas: 'iZombie' de la CW tiene más 'cuerpos templados' que 'Walking Dead' (THR):
Rob Thomas: 'iZombie' de la CW tiene más 'cuerpos templados' que 'Walking Dead'
Por Bilal Mian 7:00 AM PDT 17/03/2015

Life bites for Rose McIver's Olivia Moore, heroine of The CW's latest DC Comic take, iZombie from the creative team behind Veronica Mars. On track to become a heart surgeon, engaged to the man of her dreams, and with a bright future ahead of her, Liv finds her life transformed after zombies crash a boat party she wakes up in a body bag the next morning.

Now a zombie, Liv is a shell of her former self — working in a morgue and eating the brains of the dead to survive. With the help of her fellow morgue colleague, Ravi Chakrabarti (Rahul Kohli), Liv soon learns that with each brain she eats, she inherits the memories of the deceased. Tasked with this newfound power, Liv teams with homicide detective Clive Babineaux (Malcom Goodwin) to help solve his cases as a "psychic" who receives visions.

The Hollywood Reporter caught up with showrunner Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars) to discuss Walking Dead comparisons, notes from DC Comics and Veronica Mars comparisons.

In a year where comic book series are everywhere, what sets iZombie apart from the rest?

Veronica Marsand iZombie are very similar in tone. [Executive producer] Diane Ruggeiro and I are constantly searching for this blend of comedy and drama — one where the drama still feels like it has stakes. It sounds weird to say that the zombie show needs to stay grounded, but every show creates a universe. What is out of bounds? We're always trying to find the delicate balance of how funny we can be and still have the audience care about the emotional fallout of our characters. When Warner Bros. came to me with this comic, they wanted to find the next Buffy, the next Veronica Mars. They wanted a great female lead on the network. That was the mandate.

What's the secret to writing strong female characters like Veronica and, here, Liv?

It's odd for me. I like all dude things except for when it comes to television. I have very female-centric tastes. I like character shows. I originally sold Veronica Mars as a young adult novel to Simon and Schuster. When I sold that pitch it was going to be a teen boy detective, Keith Mars. Between the years of selling it as a novel idea and getting to make it a television show, it occurred to me that it would be a better series if the person who had all this awful stuff happen to them had been stripped of their innocence, would be a female character. Veronica Mars taught me not to think about the sex of the lead character. It comes into play sometimes, certainly, but I think the same things that make a male hero badass also make a female hero badass. In some ways it can make it cooler. When I wrote Veronica, one of the things that was interesting to me was if Veronica has no superpowers then the one superpower she does have is that she no longer is afraid of what people think of her.

How much of iZombie was inspired by the success of The Walking Dead?

I don't think Warner Bros. or The CW were driven that hard by the idea of needing to get a zombie show on the air. That was less than the mandate they gave me. I did two months of planning a pitch for a big zombie apocalypse show seven years ago. I'm a huge fan of 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later and developed this pitch about the zombie apocalypse called Death Valley. A week before I was going to take it out, Frank Darabont sold The Walking Dead to AMC. It killed my pitch. No one wanted to be the second zombie show. Everyone wanted to see how zombies were going to do. I don't think you can out-Walking Dead the Walking Dead on a broadcast channel. They simply won't allow the amount of blood and violence to do a great, quintessential zombie genre show with all the violence inherent to that. Our approach was much more like Warm Bodies. It was going to have some zombie-action in it, but at the core of our show there will be a zombie that you will like and connect with … we hope.

How do you juggle making the lead likable when she's eating brains on a regular basis? How graphic will this show get?

We are making this huge bet that people will fall in love with our zombie. If Warm Bodies hadn't been done, if people didn't realize that it was possible for people to like a zombie, then we would be much more nervous about it. You see her eating brains in just about every episode and if that turns people off, we're in deep trouble. She's pretty adorable. It's not like she's ripping skulls apart and mashing her face down into fresh brains. Usually she'll toss a salad or roll it up in a taco. It'll be sad if America watches her eat her first brain and goes "That's it. We're checking out."

Will we be seeing other monsters?

There are no other supernatural creatures. I'm not a big fan of the supernatural part of it. I know we're doing zombies, but we are doing the virus version of zombies — the "science" version of zombies. The 28 Days Later, the World War Z version of zombies. I prefer my zombies caused by a virus than coming from a mummy's curse. True Blood had the multi-monster thing covered really well. Syfy also had Being Human about a vampire, werewolf and ghost living together and I didn't want to be the next multi-monster show. Jimmy Fallon made a joke about how many premises are in our pilot: med student who turns into a zombie, inherits memories and solves cases and there are werewolves and mummies and ghosts. That was a bridge too far for me. We had to stop somewhere and keeping it strictly zombie was where we drew the line.

What can viewers expect from the structure of the first season. Will it be case-of-the-week or will it be serialized?

There was an evolution in season one. We started taking focus off the case-of-the-week and started spending a few more screen minutes on the zombie mythology. It's learning and doing. This is the first time I've done a midseason show where there is no audience feedback. On Veronica Mars, we were doing a big mystery and I knew what fans were thinking, where they thought the mystery was going and what they liked and didn't like. This time we're flying blind. By the end of the season, it shaved 20 percent off the murder of the week and devoted those extra minutes to zombie stuff.

Liv was a smart girl with her life ahead of her. What was it about being bitten that made her give up on everything she had worked so hard for?

There were certain things she couldn't do anymore. She was going to be a heart surgeon. She had a mission in life. Once she became a zombie, the only way she could see herself existing was by working in the morgue. She had to give that up and suddenly it was like losing her purpose in life. She thought she met the guy she was going to marry and then that is stripped from her. It's taken from her because she can't marry a guy that she can't have sex with. Every day she can be afraid that she is going to trip, grab him and scratch him, turning him into a zombie. The best things in her life were taken away from her. As we meet her in the pilot, we wanted it to feel like she barely knows why she gets out of bed in the morning. As we begin the episode her attitude is very much, "What's the point of going on? I'm not saving lives. I'm working with dead people and eating their brains." And so by figuring out a way to use the zombie ability of hers to experience the memories of the dead, it gave her a reason to go on.

Normal people would kill a zombie upon discovering their existence. Instead, Ravi turns into an unexpected ally for Liv as he aims to help find a cure. What is it that drives him to want to help her?

Ravi has the Loch Ness monster drop into his lap. For a guy who worked at the CDC and thought he was going to work there forever … it was his career goal. He just had a medical miracle drop into his lap. It was also a necessary writing point that we had a character that would be jazzed by that idea. We wanted the energy of Scotty from the new Star Trek movies: He should always feel like he had three Red Bulls.

As minor of an outbreak as it was, how important to the series is discovering what caused the outbreak in the first place?

It's definitely going to play as a big plot machination in season one and into season two at the very least. Part of what Ravi and Liv will be chasing in season two will be the Holy Grail of finding the concoction to turn people into zombies. That's going to be part of the mythology that we'll keep diving back into. At some point we have to solve it, but I don't think we can play that as a 100-episode mystery, but it will at least go into season two.

Did DC have any notes for you on the adaptation?

We had a Hulk joke in the pilot script that they asked us to take out (laughs). Injecting Marvel comics into the universe was a no go. I think the joke simply was Liv at the end of the pilot saying something like "zombie smash!" We varied a good distance away from the comic book and they have been cool about that. They want us to be very consistent with the rules.

Will there be any Veronica Mars actors dropping by?

In season one, we have three Veronica Mars people: Percy Daggs (Wallace), Ryan Hansen (Dick) and Daran Norris (Cliff). Hopefully we'll see more of them.

Is iZombie connected to the DC TV universe with Arrow, Flash and potentially Supergirl?

Not as far as I know. We have no plans on crossing over. I would really need to think about it if anyone ever decided that needed to happen for some sort of synergy reason. But no, there haven't been any talks of iZombie existing in the same universe as The Flash or Arrow.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ore-782413

- Q&A: Rob Thomas sobre los casos semanales de iZombie (shocktillyoudrop):
Q&A: Rob Thomas sobre los casos semanales de iZombie
Por Fred Topel 17 Marzo 2015, 9:48 am

Based on the Vertigo comic books, the CW’s iZombie takes the idea of a heroic ghoul and runs with it their own way. Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas is launching the new show, in which a zombie will solve a mystery every week. Rose McIver stars as Liv, a promising young medical student bitten during an outbreak. In order to stay coherent she has to eat brains from her new job at the coroner’s office. Each brain she eats gives her visions from the dead person, however, and she uses such to solve the mysteries of the city. We spoke with Thomas after his iZombie panel at the Television Critics Association…

Shock Till You Drop: The comic book was not a procedural. Was that the only way to do a television adaptation? Was serialized an option?

Rob Thomas: Well, I wanted to have a case of the week. The other way would be zombie soap opera. I was just more attracted to it as a case of the week. In the comic book, the big thing we took from that is she eats the brains of dead people and then gets their memories. In that, she did sort of solve problems or answer questions of the dead. We needed something a bit more result-driven, something where we had a victory at the end. So by putting her in the morgue, it gave us those closed-ended cases. Pushing Daisies was often a reference point for us with this show. Solving the murder case might not be the thing that fans care about most, but it drives us through it. Giving her the motivation, I think people are going to enjoy seeing her eat the brains of different types of people and see how that plays out. But I like having that case of the week to drive story.

Shock: Does that come from Veronica Mars also?

Thomas: Yeah, I think a certain comfort level. My first job was Dawson’s Creek, which was pure soap opera. I guess in this particular case, I wanted the case of the week.

Shock: Do you talk about the oversoul and undersoul in the series?

Thomas: No. I’ll tell you, I am a fan of zombie stuff. I like the ones that are infections, that are viruses,that are somehow “medical” as opposed to the more supernatural; “a haunted mummy curse.” I like the fake science more than the fake supernatural and I can’t explain why that’s what I’m drawn to, but it is.

Shock: Does every episode have chapters with comic book titles?

Thomas: Yes.

Shock: Do any of them come from the comics or are you making them all up?

Thomas: We have some references to the comics. In one of the episodes, they have to go online and play one of those World of Warcraft type games. They meet online and Ravi (Rahul Kohli) is a were-terrier in a nod to the comic book series.

Shock: Did you choose the name Liv ironically?

Thomas: Well, we chose it for the pun if that’s what you mean.

Shock: Are you trying to recreate Eugene, OR in Vancouver?

Thomas: No. There was something about the Pacific Northwest we liked. I live in Austin. I am desperate to get a show in Austin because I want to travel less. I want to be home more. Yet there’s something about zombies in the wet and cold that feels better than zombies in Texas. When you do a show for The CW, you are generally going to be shooting in places that have better union deals. So we knew we probably weren’t shooting in Los Angeles, and at that point Pacific Northwest felt good to us. And I grew up in Washington State and know Seattle a little bit, so there was a tiny bit of working knowledge from my youth.

Shock: Are there mysteries you can only do with zombies and dead brain memories?

Thomas: What those dead brain memories helps us do is spend less time on the case. Like on Veronica Mars, we were always struggling with having really clever clues and you do 66 episodes and suddenly you’re struggling on the 15th different way you’ve extracted information off someone’s cell phone. Because it was a detective show, it felt like we had to pay heavy duty service to the clues. It was about her being a detective. In this, where she can have visions, I think the joy of the show is more in the zombie mythology. We get to shortcut the mystery by dropping in a vision when maybe we’re stuck. I think what people are going to respond to, and it’s one of the few times I’ve shot a whole season of a show without knowing how fans are reacting to it, but my best guess is that people are going to respond to the zombie mythology and they’ll be okay with us shortcutting the mystery to get to the dessert, if that makes sense.

Shock: What is the developing zombie mythology on the series?

Thomas: Well, Major (Robert Buckley)’s a social worker and he works at a home for runaway teens. Kids start going missing off the streets of Seattle, kids from the fringes of society, people who might not otherwise be missed. Major starts pursuing this and what he comes to believe is that zombies are taking them off the streets of Seattle. Getting to the bottom of Blaine’s brain operation is the central mystery of season one.

Shock: When you have zombies that are pretty far gone, like the zombie in the well, do Hollywood makeup artists just know how to do that?

Thomas: Yeah, yeah, and it’s very expensive. What I don’t understand, having done it now, is how a show like Walking Dead manages to do the number that they do. It’s really expensive. If we want to make, like, the zombie in the well, that’s $10-20,000 financial hit to make a really good looking, you can show a closeup on camera, zombie. So those shows where they’re having to put 20 in an episode, they must figure out ways. Like if you’re six feet away from camera, you don’t need that level of detail, but when we’re getting closeups, we needed a really good zombie prosthetic.

Shock: Is there going to be another Veronica Mars movie?

Thomas: I don’t know. I hope so. The first one did well. It made money and I would like to see that. I’d love to do a Veronica Mars True Detective, six episodes. That is really appealing to me. That would be great.

Shock: Would the next one need to be Kickstarted again?

Thomas: I don’t think so, no.

Shock: You set up in the movie that she’s back in the game. Is that where you’d pick up?

Thomas: It is. The second novel is out and I’ve said to the Veronica Mars fans that those novels are part of the mythology. They don’t exist separately, so whatever we do next would pick up at the end of novel two.

Shock: So you had a plan for continuing the story no matter what.

Thomas: Yeah. I was prepared, if we never saw Veronica Mars after the final scene in the movie, I was happy with where she landed. If the books hadn’t happened or if nothing else ever does, that image of her sitting at her dad’s desk made me happy.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/37 ... f-izombie/

- David Anders de iZombie tuvo un consejo sobre el teñirse el pelo de un veterano de Buffy (EW):
David Anders de iZombie tuvo un consejo sobre el teñirse el pelo de un veterano de Buffy
Por Esther Zuckerman 16 Marzo, 2015

To play Blaine, the very blonde, very charming, very bad villain of iZombie, David Anders got some hair care tips from another bleached supernatural TV baddie. Blaine has already drawn comparisons to Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s Spike—so it’s fitting that the man who played Spike, James Marsters, counseled Anders on how to make peroxide bearable. (Marsters’ trick? Sweet’N Low.)

We’ll truly meet Blaine in the upcoming series’ second episode—but before Anders takes over our @EWTV account to live tweet the show’s East Coast premiere tonight, EW spoke to the actor about, yes, his hair, channeling James Spader, and a the potential for romance between between his character and iZombie’s undead, crime-solving heroine, Liv.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What were your first impressions of Blaine, and how did you get the part?
The show came about during the long and arduous pilot season, and it was really a refreshing, cool script. What struck me about it was the humor. That’s something I’ve been looking to do for the whole of my career, and Hollywood has kept saying no—so I’m glad they finally said yes.

What drew you to Blaine specifically?
In the pilot script, Blaine is barely touched upon. Rob had to actually write an additional scene for the audition process. That actual scene happens in episode two. So Rob kept saying that I had to take a leap of faith, trusting that I’d be a bigger part of the show than what the pilot suggests. I believed him, and I’m glad I did. They described it in the character breakdown as, they wanted a James Spader from Pretty in Pink or Less Than Zero. That’s more the direction I wanted to go with, Less Than Zero. I hope I bring as much James Spader to this role as they wanted and was possible. Of course it’s another bad guy, which I seem to specialize in. But he’s a funnier bad guy. It’s a lighter bad guy than I’ve played in the past, and Rob Thomas instructed me to chew as much scenery as possible. When there’s walls left standing after a scene, he says, “What’s with those walls left standing? Chew that up, buddy.”

At first, you think maybe he’s not going to be so bad. They definitely fake you out.
It’s a little sleight of hand. You don’t know if he’s a wolf or a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I think that’s what Blaine’s trying to do.

How do you walk that line between the appealing side of Blaine and the purely evil side of Blaine?
I don’t know. I’ve been lucky. Even back to Alias, I played a character that people loved to hate. But people didn’t know if they wanted to punch him or go have a punch with him, have a drink with him. I hope that’s something that I’m doing with Blaine. I find that the writers really find an amazing balance between the lighter side and then the real mustache twisting, darker side of Blaine. I guess as an actor, you have to play the character like he’s doing what he thinks is right, and if the protagonists of the story don’t think it’s right that doesn’t really matter.

What has it been like joining Rob Thomas’ stable of actors?
It’s been great. Rob is very loyal to his stable, and we’ve had at least four or five actors that he’s worked with in the past—we’ve got Ryan Hansen; we’ve got Percy Daggs—in the first season of iZombie. It’s been an absolute treat.

I have to ask you about your hair. Have you gone full peroxide? Was that something you knew going in? Was that something you were excited for or terrified of?
I had done that to myself, like, back in the day, when I was maybe 12 or 13—but that’s the last time I had taken any peroxide to my head. During shooting, we had to re-dye, re-touchup the roots every month. It wreaked a bit of havoc. We found some solutions. My manager is friends with James Marsters’ manager, who played Spike on Buffy. He had to do that for many years, and we asked James. James said, “Dude, put a little Sweet’N Low in the mixture. It really neutralized the burn.” That’s what we’ve been doing. Thank you, James.

I was going to mention Spike because I do feel like the shippers are going to be all over Blaine and Liv. Have you touched on that? Do you ever see it going in a romantic direction?
Yeah. In the second episode, you don’t know. It’s like, could it go that way? Maybe it could go that way? But by the end, there’s no way it’s going that way, and we become nemeses. I know if we’re given seasons after this first one—knock wood—there will be storylines where we’ll be working together, as opposed to against each other. As far as romantically, I really can’t speak to that—but it’d be cool. Rose and I have a blast working together. We’d like to walk down that aisle.

Once the show gets going, I feel like people are going to grab onto that.
What would it be called? Bliv?

How will Blaine and Liv’s storylines come together?
Everything that Blaine is doing in this world is criminal. So of course the police storyline and Blaine’s storyline are going to come across each other and intersect. I can tell you this: throughout the first season, all of our regulars, all of our main characters, come across each other.

You mentioned that James Spader was a potential inspiration for the character. Were there any others?
As the look came together, as Blaine came together, the clothes became a big part of it—the hair, and the makeup, and then the clothes, which are kind of like rocker chic. I felt like I started to move differently, and people kept saying that I looked like Johnny Rotten. I think there’s a bit of a rocker front man to Blaine. I’m a big music fan, so that’s what I tried to do. Hopefully people buy it.

What was shooting like?
It was an absolute delight shooting. We formed this wonderful TV family. I’ve been lucky to find myself in a bevy of wonderful TV families, and this is just another one. We as a cast absolutely adore each other, and we’re still on the honeymoon. So talk to me next season; we’ll see if that’s still holding true. Kidding!

When I try to describe the show to people, there are so many layers to the conceit. What’s your short pitch?
My short pitch for people: “iZombie is the best zom-com-rom-dram in the history of television.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/17/da ... 47bab2dec9

- Jefe de iZombie habla sobre Liv vs. Veronica, una malvada vestida de rosa, y el misterio de la Season 1 (TVLine):
Jefe de iZombie habla sobre Liv vs. Veronica, una malvada vestida de rosa, y el misterio de la Season 1
Por Vlada Gelman / 17 Marzo 2015, 7:00 AM PDT

Sorry, Veronica Mars fans, but the heroine of creator Rob Thomas‘ new CW series iZombie (premiering Tuesday at 9/8c) would probably not play nice with the tiny blonde one (™ Logan Echolls).

While Kristen Bell’s character didn’t have to follow the rules as a P.I., life is surprisingly more by the books for aspiring surgeon-turned-zombie Liv (Once Upon a Time‘s Rose McIver). After becoming a member of the undead, she takes a job at the Seattle coroner’s office in order to feed. And when she chows down on brains, she inherits the dead owner’s memories and skills; naturally, she pretends to be a psychic and teams with the police department to help solve murders. But that also means obeying the law — ergo, Liv and V likely wouldn’t be BFFs.

Still, iZombie shares some traits with the short-lived UPN/CW drama, particularly its trademark wit and an array of colorful characters like David Anders’ Pretty in Pink-inspired brain dealer, Thomas previews below.

TVLINE | This is another series with a blonde pixie who’s very witty. How is Liv different from Veronica?
Her worldview is different. She is more naturally a hopeful person. When I would talk to the Veronica Mars writing staff about how to write Veronica, I would say, “Write her like a porcupine.” She had a lot of awful things [happen to her]. She’s a world-weary, cynical, Raymond Chandler-esque gumshoe [who] sees the glass half-empty — hopefully, charmingly so. For Liv, getting turned into a zombie is the first real punch life has thrown at her. She’s more naturally a sensitive person, a much less aggressive person than Veronica. While [executive producer] Diane Ruggiero and I both find comedy in the same places, so a lot of the sound of the dialogue may feel very familiar from iZombie to Veronica Mars, I never think of Veronica and Liv as being that close in terms of character.

TVLINE | She’s also solving crimes like Veronica. What kind of advice would she give Liv?
[Laughs] That’s interesting, because the upside of being a P.I. is that Veronica never had to follow rules. Whereas working for the Seattle police department, Liv is forced to play by the rules. [With] Veronica Mars, the cool thing was [she’s a] young detective. Because we wanted to play it as noir, we paid a lot of attention to clues, finding the clever way to the clues and the ingenious things she has to do to solve cases. Much less of iZombie is going to turn on that. “Zombie” is the draw for iZombie, and the more we can get into the mythology of zombies — fending off the zombie apocalypse and brain-eating — that’s going to be the goal of this show. Not to mention, Liv can have visions to get us from point A to point B in the case. So for fans of detective work, Veronica Mars is probably the better show. We’re a little bit more genre in iZombie.

TVLINE | With vampires, the rules of differ from Buffy to True Blood to Vampire Diaries. What are the hard-and-fast rules of zombie-ism in this show?
We have a really good idea of what the hard-and-fast rules are, but some of them are uncovered in the show, so I’m a little loathe to give out any of them. Basic rule, the thing that we talked a lot about, is that as long as these people that get scratched keep eating brains, yes, they go pale, their hair goes white, but they’re able to function. They could pass potentially for human. If they stop eating, they will turn into the traditional George Romero zombie. Liv says in the pilot, “If I don’t eat, I get meaner and dumber.” It’s a very slippery slope. In Episode 3, we see what happens to somebody who did not get to eat… The brains affect all zombies until they eat the next brains. And Liv is trying to figure out over the course of the first season, “Is it sexually transmitted? What if I kiss someone? What if I scratch someone?” But for the time being, she has a pretty good idea that she should not have sex with [her ex-fiancé] Major. She’s not willing to risk that.

TVLINE | You said at the TCA panel that you wanted to do a case-of-the-week show, but are you also developing a season-long mystery?
Oh yeah, there’s definitely a bigger mythology. The big macro is,”Prevent zombie apocalypse.” More of the Season 1 big storyline is, “There are teenagers going missing off the streets of Seattle. What is happening to them? And can we put an end to that?”

TVLINE | David Anders’ character, Blaine, is a bit different from the others tonally. What kind of guy is he?
He’s named Blaine after the James Spader character from Pretty in Pink. We wanted to go with an upper middle class bad guy, the collar-popped-up version of bad guy, because we thought it would be fun to write that sort of guy. He was a middling- to low-level Utopian dealer, but now that he can turn people into zombies and sell them brains… He might not have been good at being the low man on the totem pole, but he transitions very gracefully into being the brain kingpin of Seattle.

TVLINE | And lastly, have you tried the zombie brains?
I have not. I’m not even a little bit tempted. Rose does not sell them very well.

http://tvline.com/2015/03/17/izombie-sp ... nica-mars/

- Productor de 'iZombie' Rob Thomas: 'Queremos llegar a la mitología divertida' (HitFix):
Productor de 'iZombie' Rob Thomas: 'Queremos llegar a la mitología divertida'
Por Alan Sepinwall @Sepinwall |17 Marzo, 2015 12:28 PM

Earlier today, I ran the first of my two interviews with the executive producers of “iZombie,” the new CW drama (it debuts tonight at 9) starring Rose McIver as an intelligent zombie who solves the murders of the corpses whose brains she eats to stay functional. (As I said in that post, the premise sounds dumb, but is handled deftly and with a great sense of fun by the “Veronica Mars” team of Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright.)

Now it’s Thomas’ turn, to discuss how he had to be talked into doing the project, how they tweaked the procedural/mythology balance from the "Veronica Mars" days, and where things stand with his other pint-sized blonde heroine at the moment.

I assume you had never read the comic before Warner came to you.

Rob Thomas: Right.

So what was your reaction when you first read it?

Rob Thomas: My reaction was I didn’t see it as a TV show there. That it was going to take some work to turn it into a TV show. At the time I was editing the “Veronica Mars” movie and I had already sold two pilots. And I kept telling Susan Rovner, the head of development at Warner Brothers, “No, I don’t have the time and I don’t see the show right away.” She kept telling me the, “The show is right there on the cover. It’s this girl. The CW needs a great single lead female powered show. It needs Veronica Mars. It needs Buffy. And look at this cover. It’s this girl.” I kind of got that. And honestly, “Veronica Mars” was like a passion project. That was an idea for a novel. I carried that with me for years before writing it. “Party Down” was the same thing. This was getting bullied by a studio executive who would not take no for an answer. I love Susan Rovner, and when she tells me, “This is the thing, you have to do it,” she eventually wore me down. I said, “Can I do it with Diane?” And she said, “Yes, do it with Diane.” And then that gave me the time and the energy. Honestly, Diane is the zombie fan. She is the comic book fan, so she was thrilled to be working in this universe. I think I was responding to – there’s a lot of passion behind getting a kickass female lead on the network, and I think Diane was going zombies. So we may have had a slightly different take on it there.

Structurally, “Veronica Mars” in the first two seasons had a case of the week, but there was also the bigger mystery that was playing out behind that. I’ve seen four of these and obviously what Blaine is up to is kind of arc-y, but is there a bigger arc going on? Or is it mainly just Liv eats brains and solves murder, lather, rinse, repeat?

Rob Thomas: Yeah, in fact I think the more the show goes on, the less important the case of the week gets. And I will say this: with “Veronica,” I think we did a better job of the sort of gumshoe solving cases. We paid a lot of attention to clues and how those unfolded. And the thing that I think we learned in a season of doing “iZombie”s was that people want to get back to the cool, fun zombie stuff, and not to spend it on the minutiae of how this clue was found. So we have a number of cases now that we get evidence and the bad guy folds because we want to get to the kickass fun mythology stuff. And so we’re placing less emphasis on the case, how the clues unfold. Particularly when she can get visions at any time time to get those murder cases solved, because as we’re watching the show, as the executives are watching the show, we want to get the audience to our mythology. We want to get to our main characters and let that be the focus.

Ten years after “Veronica,” there’s much less patience for the episodic procedural stuff in this kind of show than there used to be.

Rob Thomas: Right.

So then the mythology for the first season, the big arc he’s dealing with is who caused this?

Rob Thomas: It’s less who caused this. It’s really about Blaine (David Anders’ character). You know we find out if it essentially Blaine’s business is scratching rich people, turning them into zombies and then selling them brains. And where he's getting those brains... I think there’s a big picture question of Liv trying to prevent the zombie apocalypse. I would say that more of a season 1 question is about hoping to put a stop to Blaine's business.

Because of the way my brain works, I hear the name Blaine and I hear the name Major (Liv's ex-fiance, played by Robert Buckley) and I immediately think of the line from “Pretty in Pink” about how Blaine is not a name but a major appliance. I’m assuming that is entirely a coincidence.

Rob Thomas: The major appliance is entirely a coincidence, but the fact that he’s named Blaine is a direct call back to “Pretty in Pink.” That was our prototype. We wanted a Spader-esque villain and that’s how he became Blaine. And then the name Major Lilywhite really owes to the University of Texas quarterback Major Applewhite and my affinity for that.

Because it’s you and Diane, telling the story a small blonde heroine who narrates her adventures, there’s gonna be this assumption of, “Oh, it’s Veronica Mars becomes a zombie.” Are you concerned about that at all, or do you feel like because it’s the two of you writing, those people will be satisfied when they come to it?

Rob Thomas: I think there are going to be a lot of similarities because Diane and I write how we write. We’re probably finding comedy in the same places, the same rhythms of the show will probably be existing. And yet I don’t find Liv and Veronica to be the same type of character. I feel like their personalities are much different. There’s a righteousness to Veronica. I always think of Veronica as a porcupine and I don’t think of Liv that way. I think she is a warmer human at her core than Veronica. But yes, when Susan Rovner recruited me for this she said, “We want Veronica. We want Buffy. We want a kickass female.” And so that’s what we’ve tried to deliver.

Finally, the two obligatory questions. Was Warner satisfied enough by the “Veronica” movie’s performance that there’s a chance of another one at this point?

Rob Thomas: Yes. That’s one possibility. We’d also be interested in that “True Detective” model. I would love to go sell six episodes as a miniseries. That probably gets me more excited than another five, six million dollar movie. If we kept another “Veronica Mars” movie at the budget that we kept the first one, we could do one, I believe. I think we could find people without needing to do a Kickstarter campaign, because the movie did well. The “Veronica Mars” movie is the first thing where I think I’m getting my back end participation — and getting it on the movie. I saw a couple of comments that because we made it for six and it did three and a half million in the theaters that it had failed. And that’s so far from the truth. It has done very well on electronic sell through and rental and airplanes and pay cable. It did very well.

And the “Party Down” movie. Is there anything with that at the moment?

Rob Thomas: There is no new news and with each series regular of that show who makes it bigger, it becomes harder. It’s one of those things everyone would like to do, but getting everyone’s schedule to align would be tough

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watchi ... logy-stuff

- De las Cheerleaders de la CW a iZombie: Entrevista con Aly Michalka (ksitetv):
De las Cheerleaders de la CW a iZombie: Entrevista con Aly Michalka
Por Craig Byrne, 17 Marzo 2015

Aly Michalka of Easy A, The Roommate and Hellcats fame plays Peyton, the best friend of Rose McIver's character on The CW's new "zomedy" iZombie, which premieres tonight (March 17) at 9PM on The CW.

We spoke with the former Hellcat about her character on the show, and how she relates to the many situations we will see within.

KSITETV's CRAIG BYRNE: Can you talk about the history between your character Peyton and Rose McIver's character of Liv?

ALY MICHALKA: Peyton and Liv have known each other for a very long time. They've gone to college together; they were sorority sisters… they also grew up as kids together, so there's definitely a long history between the two of them. She's always been there for Liv; they've always done double dates, and after school activities, and woking out, and obviously, now, a lot has changed, so she's had to get used to this new version of Liv that she hasn't grown up with at all.

How is Peyton relating to Liv's sudden changes in attitude and style?

I think she takes it hard. I think you're going to see throughout the show that there are definitely moments of her feeling like she's connected to the Liv that she always thought she really knew, and that you'll also see her kind of revert back to being confused and frustrated with the fact that Liv is different, and she doesn't have the same energy or the same enthusiasm as she once did, because of being a zombie, although she doesn't know that.

What was the most fun of Liv's behavior changes to play against?

There was an episode that we did where Liv plays, like, a cheerleader kind of stoner girl, and it's really funny, and there's a moment where she comes in and she wants to help fix my hair, and it kind of brings Peyton back to old times. But then, she's asking for weed and all these weird out of the norm things that Liv would never normally ask. That was a funny character that she was able to play, and that Peyton plays against.

How does Peyton react to some of the talents that Liv suddenly has?

I think she's just kind of confused, and I think she's thrown off by it. I think she thinks it's completely bizarre, but I think because she is used to Liv suddenly having new versions of herself, that she almost takes it as 'oh! This is just another weird stage of change that she's going through.' She doesn't really put any puzzle pieces together when it comes to these strange outbursts of personality change or talent.

How does Peyton's legal expertise help Liv at times?

Their paths cross because of Peyton being a young assistant DA, and obviously Liv having now started working with Detective Babineaux. You're going to see an episode where the two worlds kind of cross. A lot of the time, Liv will have visions of the suspect and she'll talk about it to Peyton, about the specific person that they're looking into, and obviously it'll change the way that Peyton is actually taking the case. So, you're definitely going to see that there's a connection between the two of them.

Do Peyton and Major (Robert Buckley) connect at all, since they were both so close with Liv before she changed?

Yeah, totally. I think that she relates to him because she understands that he's in just as confused of a state as she is, if not more, because he's the ex-fiancee. You can tell that they've been friends for a while, and she always approved of Major when it came to him and Liv being together. So, yeah. I think there's definitely a friendship there between the two of them.

What is it like to work with Rose?

It's cool, because Rose and I already knew each other. My sister (AJ) and her had done a film together called Lovely Bones, so I had met Rose multiple times, and I was definitely excited about us being able to work together, just because I already knew that she was cool and was a fun girl.

We actually have been able to get close on this show. I haven't been up there every time that they've been shooting the episodes, but every time that I am up there, I'm kind of the only other chick that's on the show, so I think that it's a nice break from the rest of the guys for her.

As the first season goes along, does Peyton have any romantic interests?

Yeah, she does. You'll see her have some romantic interests towards the end of the season. In the beginning, she's very focused on her job, and the last thing she has on her mind is guys.

How is doing a Rob Thomas show different from other things that you've done before?

Rob is a really cool dude. He's very personable, and he's really invested in the show and the characters. He is obviously someone who has done great shows before, and ran shows that have been successful, so he really knows what he's doing, which is awesome. You feel taken care of when he's around on set, and he's very collaborative, so if you come up to him and are like 'hey, I'm not totally understanding what this means' or 'can I maybe try it this way?' he is cool about it.

The CW has a project coming up called Cheerleader Death Squad. Do you think the Hellcats could have cut it as secret agents?

[Laughs] That's funny. I think maybe Marti might, because she's pretty smart. Maybe, the rest of them, not as much, because they're not quite as academic as she is. I think to be a secret agent, you have to be pretty smart. So, maybe just her.

Why should people tune in to the show when it premieres?

If you want to get wrapped into a great storyline, and laugh, and kind of be spooked and scared too, this is kind of a perfect show.

http://www.ksitetv.com/interviews-2/fro ... alka/60797

- Rob Thomas sobre el darle vida a ‘iZombie’ (Variety):
Rob Thomas sobre el darle vida a ‘iZombie’
Por Whitney Friedlander 17 Marzo, 2015 | 07:00AM PT

Many comparisons have been made between “iZombie,” Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero’s new zombie crime fighter drama for CW, and “Veronica Mars,” the beloved drama about a wisecracking teenage gumshoe that Thomas created and Ruggiero also penned and produced during its three short years on air.

Thomas knew this was bound to happen given that both have female leads with a propensity for voiceover, but Thomas wants to point out one crucial distinction between the bygone Kristen Bell-starring caper and his new procedural that stars Rose McIver as Liv, the brainiac med student who becomes a brain-eating morgue employee after one wild party.

“Well, we’ve got zombies,” he joked during a phone call from his home in Austin, Texas. “There’s going to be a whole lot more brain eating in ‘iZombie’ than we ever had in ‘Veronica Mars.’”

Ahead of the series’ premiere at 9 p.m. tonight on the CW, Thomas talked to Variety about giving life to “iZombie.”

Congrats on the show! How are you feeling going into the premiere?

It’s the first time I’ve done a midseason. Before you have the show on the air and you’re still making them. This is very odd that we’re done making them and we’re still waiting to put them on the air. I’m really pretty giddy about it. I can’t wait.

Doing “Veronica Mars,” I could read all the feedback and kind of get an idea of what fans were digging and what they weren’t and who they thought they did it in the big whodunit. This time we’re sort of flying blind.

“iZombie” is based on the graphic novels created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred. There are so many shows based on comics or graphic novels. How will this show stand out from the others?

Most of the comicbook shows are driven by a superhero at the core — someone with some pretty incredible abilities. There’s some of that in our show, but it’s really about living life as a zombie: How would you go about your day if you were just sort of reanimated flesh? There’s a lot less ass-kicking in our show. There’s certainly some of it, but I don’t think we live or die in our superhero’s ability to kick ass. It’s like a character show about how you move on once everything in your life has been taken away from you.

When we talked about big-picture ideas for this show, there’s been a lot of talk about quarter-life crisis and we feel like we have the poster child for quarter-life crisis: Someone who did everything they were supposed to for 25 years and looked up and realized they have to start from scratch.

It’s also one of the few of these adaptations that has a female lead. Do you think that will broaden the audience?

The driving force behind the show — or at least how it was pitched to me when Susan Rovner, the head of development at Warner Bros. TV, brought me the comicbook – was less about “CW really needs a zombie show. Let’s get that on the air.” The way they approached it was “CW needs the next kickass female lead on the network” and essentially the marching orders were “give us the new ‘Buffy,’ give us the new ‘Veronica Mars.’’’

Do you think you’ve delivered that?

God, I hope it’d be bigger than “Veronica” because we only lasted three seasons. If you told me today that we’d have “Buffy” status, I would jump at that. But I hope so.

I have to say, the first years of shows are really hard almost every time. This one was the only exception of my career. It has been such a great ride. The studio and network and those of us doing the show have kind of all been on the same page, which is so rare and pleasant. They’re excited, we’re excited. I just hope America digs it took.

Why do you think that is?

The cast really clicked. That’s such a big hurdle and with so much television being made, so much original scripted television being made, and the talent pool getting thinner and thinner as there’s shows competing for actors … we happen to have a cast that’s really charming in their roles.

There was a little bit of recasting though. Aly Michalka replaced Alexandra Krosney as Liv’s best friend, Peyton. Nora Dunn was originally cast as her mother, Eva, and she was replaced by Molly Hagan.

It’s awkward because the actors we lost are people I like and respect. The recasting of the mother was realizing that that role was going to become much smaller and realizing that it wasn’t in our best interest to spend money on a series regular who we didn’t need for the show. That was more of a financial decision. And the casting of the best friend; it just came down to onscreen chemistry.

But there are also some familiar faces from both “Veronica Mars” and your Starz show, “Party Down.”

Ryan Hansen [“Veronica Mars,” “Party Down”] is in episode five, Percy Daggs [“Veronica Mars”] did an episode, Daran Norris [“Veronica Mars,” “Party Down”] … Anyone who’s watched “Veronica Mars” and “Party Down” knows that I have actors I like to go back to a lot. I can promise you that, if we’re lucky enough to go beyond season one, I will be asking many people who come from that universe.

You do realize that this show means that every magazine headline about you is going to be titled “Rob Zombie,” right?

(Laughs) I got called that accidentally the other day at some press thing. It was somebody speaking too quickly and it was so off the cuff. It was the first time that clicked in. That will be funny, especially for somebody who so often gets confused with the rock star [Matchbox Twenty’s Rob Thomas].

OK, one more thing: Is there any chance of a “Party Down” movie?

I hope so. I wish I could give you a more definitive answer. I would say that if you were to ask every producer on the show and every actor on the show, everyone would love to do it. The problem is they all became big stars and have their own shows and trying to schedule that … everyone is doing too well for us to be able to schedule a “Party Down” movie.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/izombie ... 201452483/

- Anders habla sobre el comer cerebros como el malvado Blaine (CBR):
Anders habla sobre el comer cerebros como el malvado Blaine
Por Bryan Cairns, 17 Marzo 2015

Casting agents must have David Anders on speed dial. Ever since he appeared as the devilishly charismatic rogue Sark on "Alias," he's nabbed multiple bad guy roles on "Vampire Diaries," "Once Upon A Time" and "Heroes." Now, he's at it again as the wicked zombie Blaine on The CW's appropriately titled, "iZombie" based on the Vertigo Comics series.

The TV series follows Liv (Rose McIver), a college student recently transformed into a zombie. In order to retain her humanity and normal appearance, she reluctantly consumes brains. That menu item unexpectedly allows Liv to absorb the memories of the deceased, a perk she uses to help the police solve crimes. While Liv utilizes her new zombie powers as a force for good, Blaine has more devious plans in mind.

Ahead of "iZombie's" premiere, CBR News spoke to Anders about Blaine's intentions, embracing his zombie condition, the requisite make-up process, munching on fake brains and working with "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas.

CBR News: Looking at your resume, how did you become the go-to guy for villains?

David Anders: That would have to date back to my time on "Alias." I can either thank or blame J.J. Abrams for casting me as Sark on "Alias." Ever since then, everyone only sees me in a villainous light. On this one, I'm twisting my moustache again. I'm playing the heavy, which I love to do. You get to really explore the space as a bad guy, but on "iZombie," it's more of a funny bad guy because it's a lighter show. I'm calling it a, "zom-com-rom-dram." There's nothing else like it.

So, what makes a good bad guy?

What makes a good antagonist is creating a character that the audience doesn't know whether to hit or have a drink with him. A lot of people have said my characters are charmingly awful.

Introduce us to Blaine. Who is he and how is he responsible for Liv's current zombie status?

He's just as much a pawn as she was, although he contributed to some of the tainted drugs he is selling in the pilot episode. It's called the Utopian, which is a drug mixed with an energy drink. That might have something to do with the zombie thing. Upon becoming a zombie, Blaine grabs Liv, scratches her and turns her. Cut to months later where Liv is dealing with her plight and coming to terms with it, and Blaine is relishing in it.

Liv is understandably freaked out about becoming a zombie. How does Blaine handle being one of the undead?

Blaine has less of a moral compass. Liv is pretty uncertain about how to procure and get these brains she needs to eat. The zombies on "iZombie" need to eat brains to maintain their humanity, or else they become "The Walking Dead" variety. Liv realizes it, so she works in a morgue where there's a bountiful amount of brains. Blaine goes about it in other ways.

There is a moment in the promo trailer where Blaine and Liv realize the other one exists and they aren't the only zombies alive. What is their relationship like at the beginning and as the series moves forward?

I like that scene. It paints a picture because being a zombie is very lonely. It's a very isolated condition we find ourselves in. This is the first time Liv sees another zombie and as far as you know, this is the first time Blaine sees another zombie. I think they start off as each other's zombie sounding boards, but by the end of the episode, it all changes.

Liv is motivated to help solve murders. What does Blaine want?

Blaine wants to be the kingpin of Seattle. I think he wanted to be the kingpin before, but he was less of a go-getter about it. Now that he has these zombie powers, he sees an opportunity to be the zombie king.

Is he amassing a zombie army?

Maybe he is and maybe he isn't.

What does a full zombied-out Blaine look like and how was the make-up process?

When I'm full zombied-up, I get whitened-up. Rose's skin takes very easily to the process because she's a beautiful, porcelain, little New Zealand princess. Whereas, I am a Norwegian, who is stained a little red from excessive golfing. Rose has a wig, whereas I dye my hair once a month to get that platinum blonde look. It takes about an hour and a half to get my make-up done. Blaine starts spray tanning by the third episode to fit in a little bit. And when we go full-out zombie, our eyes get raged out. That's a CG thing they do with our eyes.

Zombies move, talk, walk and run in their own unique manner. In what ways did you play around with those attributes?

That's something we were playing with in the pilot. We're building this zombie world based on the wonderful comics. We use that as a template. We had to go in other directions to adapt it for TV. Our zombies can move just as fast, if not faster, than humans.

Zombies also have a special diet in the show. What do fake brains taste like?

I don't know what actual brains would taste like. Our brains taste like gelatinous goo. The prop department felt like they nailed it as far as consistency and aesthetics. Visually, it looks great, but for the taste, not so much. I get to do my fair share of brain eating, but Rose does the lion's share.

Rob Thomas successfully blended dark beats with witty dialogue on "Veronica Mars." How has it been balancing those elements on "iZombie?"

It's such a treat to say their words. They have a great rhythm to them. It's amazing getting a new script every week to see what they've come up with. And then they've come up with some shocking gore that I'm surprised we get away with. There are only been a few things that they've asked us to pull back on.

Lastly, what can viewers expect on a weekly basis from "iZombie?"

Expect something different. Expect a new kind of zombie show. There are a lot of things we stick to in the comic books. Then, there are a lot of things Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero have masterfully created. Expect a zom-com-rom-dram, dammit. It's a serialized show, but there's a contained crime of the week. There's a procedural element to it -- and it has lots of zombie action.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... vil-blaine

- El Elenco y los creadores de ‘iZombie’ celebran la Premiere en el SXSW (variety):
El Elenco y los creadores de ‘iZombie’ celebran la Premiere en el SXSW
Por Elizabeth Wagmeister 17 Marzo, 2015

The CW’s latest series “iZombie,” which debuts Tuesday night, had its world premiere at SXSW.

Cast members Rose McIver, Robert Buckley, David Anders, Rahul Kohli, Malcolm Goodwin and creators Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright sat in on the panel Monday.

The network also hosted an “Undead” premiere party, along with Buzzfeed, Saturday night in downtown Austin, which had zombies tending the bar, pouring “Brain Appétit”-themed drinks.

“I was so into zombies before. I was never really on the vampire train,” Ruggiero-Wright told Variety of the show’s fan-favorite theme at SXSW. “I was just on the zombie train myself so let’s hope that they’re the new vampire for us and that we have the longevity of ‘The Vampire Diaries’ and the popularity of ‘Twilight.'”

The exec producer, who’s teaming up again with “Veronica Mars” partner Rob Thomas, adds that the show is very different from their former cult favorite hit, despite comparisons. With a laugh, she points out that the “zombie procedural” is a new format for television.

“This sounds ridiculous to say, but zombies couldn’t be hotter right now,” she says. “It is so prevalent in pop culture right now that putting a fun spin on it is very timely, and why not take advantage of that?”

The show, which stars McIver as the lead Liv, a type-A twenty-something turned-brain-eating zombie, has an older tone than most shows on The CW, says Ruggiero-Wright, who also played basketball over cocktails with her “iZombie” team at the “Jimmy Kimmel Live” SXSW party at the Samsung Studio Monday night.

“Some of the references might be a little bit older because the two people who created it aren’t the youngest people in the world, and we also can’t make the jokes that we made on ‘Veronica Mars’ 10 years later,” she says, laughing. “And the characters are a bit older — [Liv] was previously engaged, she’s a doctor. It’s definitely a bit older for the network.”

As for the fans the show may attract, Ruggiero-Wright says she and Thomas weren’t targeting any specific audience, even though the show seemingly has a built-in fan base, being based on the DC Comics story and coming off the huge popularity of AMC’s zombie hit “The Walking Dead.”

“We just try to write the best show possible. I’m hoping we’ll have those fans who enjoy that supernatural element to their television,” she says. “We’re conscious that it’s The CW audience and we want to give them what they want, but I don’t think we’re looking for anyone in particular. We’re not really writing toward the seven-year old, but if they happen to stumble upon it, feel free to watch!”

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/izombie ... 201454782/

- Escogiendo el cerebro de Rose McIver sobre 'iZombie' (Extratv):
Escogiendo el cerebro de Rose McIver sobre 'iZombie'
Por ExtraTV 17 Marzo, 2015

The latest zombie TV show is a little more “Veronica Mars” than “Walking Dead.”

The CW’s “iZombie” is all about a crime-fighting, brain-eating twentysomething who happens to be undead.

Rose McIver stars as Olivia “Liv” Moore, who was scratched during a college party. To keep herself from going full zombie, she gets a job at a morgue and starts eating brains!

Her new diet comes with side effects… like absorbing people’s memories, a skill she eventually offers to the police to help solve murder cases by telling them she’s a psychic.

ExtraTV.com joined the press for a tour of the set in Vancouver and a sit down with Rose.

Keep reading for more!

Q: Is the Liv in the TV show anything like the one from the graphic novels?
RM: Her character is brought into this show… she doesn’t take too much bulls**t from people, she is vulnerable, but she’s not a pushover in any sense. She’s not a damsel in distress. She is a bit of a worrier and dealing with something that hopefully no one in the world is dealing with. I think that the comics established something so wonderful and we wanted to draw something from that as much as we could.

Q: What are the benefits of eating brains?
RM: Depending on the brain she eats, it can be that person’s languages or accents or interests… she has flashes of what happened to them so she is able to solve this crime ideally, but part of that is incorporating some of their characteristics into her day to day life… each episode has the ability to explore that so the poor writing department had us pitching ideas like crazy, like, ‘When does she eat a musical brain?’

Q: What kind of brain are you really hoping to eat?
RM: Somebody who lives at a spa and gets massages all the time, and gets waited on hand and foot…

Q: How does Liv get away with her pale, undead look?
RM: Her family understands she went through a trauma and witnessed this massacre on the boat… Liv has embraced this as her new look. She doesn’t try to dye it or hide it. This is who she is now. Yes, there are a few snarky comments made by people we meet in the script that allude to her coloring, but we play it off as humor rather than investigate it too much.

Q: Does her look change after dining on some brains?
RM: The only thing that does is around the eyes, it gets darker and redder, and CGI contacts… You also see more prominent veins.

Q: The team behind “Veronica Mars” is also involved in “iZombie.” Do you see similarities and are you worried about being compared to Kristen Bell?
RM: They want this to be something that has a lot of drama and suspense, and these interesting and unraveling plots, but always with a gleam in the eye… even when something is incredibly dramatic, I do tend to find the comedy in it… I’m such a fan of Kristen’s. It is an honor to even be put in that ballpark, so I would only take that as a compliment. With our show, we have our own spin and our own ideas… but we are not trying to mirror [‘Veronica Mars'], we are trying to do our own thing.

http://extratv.com/2015/03/17/picking-r ... t-izombie/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Detalles sobre la asistencia de "IZombie" al WonderCon:
Warner Bros. Television ha anunciado que emitirán nuevos episodios de "iZombie," "Gotham," "The Flash" y "Teen Titans Go" además de celebrar una sesión Q&A con el elenco y el equipo de esas series en el WonderCon de Anaheim, que se celebrará entre los días 3-5 de Abril de este año.

VIERNES, 3 de ABRIL

2:30–5:30 p.m. Screenings Especiales — WonderCon y Warner Bros. Television continúan orgullosamente su tradición anual de Screenings especiales, con episodios de Flash y Gotham, además de un sneak peek adicional a nuevos episodios de iZOMBIE y Teen Titans Go! Arena

SÁBADO, 4 de ABRIL

2:30–3:30 p.m. Video Presentación Especial de iZombie — iZOMBIE hace su debut en el WonderCon debut con una video presentación especial, seguida de una Q&A con las estrellas de la serie Rose McIver (Masters of Sex), Malcolm Goodwin (Breakout Kings), Rahul Kohli (recién llegado de UK), Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill) y David Anders (Once Upon a Time), junto a los productores ejecutivos Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars) y Diane Ruggiero-Wright (Veronica Mars). Estos miembros del elenco, junto a los productores, estarán también firmando autógrafos a los fans.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... -wondercon
http://www.comic-con.org/wca

- Nueva tarjeta, pósters e imágenes promocionales:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow Takes on Ra’s + EXCLUSIVE iZombie Sneak Peek (DC All Access):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8lJ19qJ-5g

- iZombie - Warner TV Asia - Promos + US Promo:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/03/izombi ... promo.html

- Rose McIver Describes The CW's 'iZombie' (AccessHollywood):

http://bcove.me/48h67cta

- Rose McIver On Eating Brains In The CW's 'iZombie' (AccessHollywood):

http://bcove.me/68dtyph1

- IZOMBIE: Rose McIver Previews the New CW Series (GiveMeMyRemoteTV):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VigNFD3K7pI

- DC’s 7 New Series + iZombie Cast (DCAA 307):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inYh_1NZW34

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”