Re: "Nuevo proyecto para la CW sobre 'THE FLASH'"

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ARROW | 2.08 "Legends of Yesterday" New Promo:

- ARROW | 4.08 "Legends of Yesterday" Clip #1:

http://bcove.me/skyvo0fy

- ARROW | 4.08 "Legends of Yesterday" Clip #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbKtHDyDMRE

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Carlos Valdes aparecerá en "Legends of Tomorrow":
Esta semana se emite el épico crossover de Arrow-Flash de este año, que además sirve de introducción para la serie "Legends of Tomorrow", aunque al parecer no será la última vez que veremos que estos mundos colisionan en esta temporada.

EW ha publicado que Carlos Valdes está previsto que aparezca en el próximo spinn-off de midseason "DC’s Legends of Tomorrow".

Los detalles sobre qué estará haciendo su personaje de "The Flash", Cisco Ramon, en la serie se siguen manteniendo bajo llave, aunque hay unas cuantas cosas que podemos suponer basándonos en lo que el actor le contó a la publicaión durante una visita al set de Vancouver: “Conseguí hacer una interesante versión de este personaje en Legends of Tomorrow,” dice. Con lo que quizá veamos una versión muchio más joven o mucho mayor de Cisco, teniendo en cuenta la línea principal de la serie sobre los viajes en el tiempo.

Cisco está actualmente involucrado románticamente con Kendra, aunque ésta se ha reunido con su amor de hace siglos Carter Hall, a.k.a Hawkman (Falk Hentschel), durante el crossover de Arrow-Flash.

Valdes está previsto que aparezca en un episodio del principio de la serie, y puede que no sea el único que aparezca. “Parte de la diversión de Legends es el hecho de que tiene lugar a lo largo de toda la historia — futuro y pasado,” dice Marc Guggenheim. “Una de las cosas con las que nos estamos divirtiendo mucho es el hecho de que todo el mundo está disponible, todo es posible.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/02/le ... ldes-cisco

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Marco Grazzini será 'Tar Pit' en "The Flash":
CVPaeyHXIAEFSQs.jpg large.jpg
El actor de "Heroes Reborn" Marco Grazzini aparecerá en un próximo episodio de la S2 de "the Flash" como 'Joey Montelone (aka Tar Pit)', según nos informan desde ComicBook.com.

Creado por Geoff Johns y Scott Kolins, el personaje fue introducido por primera vez en "The Flash" #271 del 2001. Tar Pit es el alias de Joe Monteleone, un pequeño traficante de drogas quien está relacionado con un señor de las drogas llamado Jack "The Candyman" Monteleone. En la cárcel descubre en la cárcel que puede proyectarse astralmente en el mundo para meterse en problemas y transferir su consciencia a objetos inanimados. En un momento dado, su espíritu se quedó atrapado en una cuba de alquitrán, dejando a Joey caminando en la Tierra con un cuerpo hecho de asfalto derretido y flameante mientras que su forma física permanecía en coma en la Prisión de Iron Heights Prison. En los cómics, no sólo choca con The Flash, sino también con el Capitán Cold, quien se rumorea que aparecerá en la mid-season finale de The Flash antes de que se traslade a DC’s Legends of Tomorrow en 2016.

En la serie de TV, 'Tar Pit' es un vengativo meta-humano con la habilidad de transformarse en asfalto derretido. Cuando cruza su camino con The Flash, Tar Pit usa sus poderes para conseguir una ventaja táctica sobre el velocista escarlata, quien encuentra literalmente el suelo cambiando bajo sus pies.

The Flash emitirá su midseason finale el martes a las 8 p.m. ET/PT en The CW, con la nueva aparición estrella de Mark Hamill.

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/02/exclusi ... the-flash/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stills del 2.09 "Running To Stand Still" (mid-season finale):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash | 2.09 "Running to Stand Still" Promo | The CW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1sFg9rZsno

- The Flash | 2.09 "Running to Stand Still" 1 Minute Extended Promo (midseason finale) | The CW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJZLPDmz8iI

- The Flash | 2.09 "Running to Stand Still" Producer´s preview | The CW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V9wsWQAx-Q

- The Flash | 2.09 "Running to Stand Still" Clip #1 | AccessHollywood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UehGV8APOuM
http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 0725761001

- The Flash | 2.09 "Running to Stand Still" Clip #2 | EOnline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFogRF44snA
http://www.eonline.com/news/722180/we-d ... impossible

- The Flash | 2.09 "Running to Stand Still" Clip #3 | Accesshollywood:

http://bcove.me/gx2uawnd

- The Flash | 2.09 "Running to Stand Still" Deleted Scenes #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdtNMGCu_nQ

- The Flash | 2.09 "Running to Stand Still" Deleted Scenes #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jemGwIr67yk

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash | The Visual Effects of The Flash: Part 3 | The CW:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Concept-Art de 'Zoom' por Andy Poon:

Imagen

https://twitter.com/andypoondesign/stat ... 8577419264

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Estrellas de "The Flash" hablan sobre la introducción de 'Wally West' (EW):
Estrellas de "The Flash" hablan sobre la introducción de 'Wally West'
Por Natalie Abram 07 Dic, 2015

Joe West is getting a pretty big holiday gift this year on The Flash.

Earlier this season, Iris (Candice Patton) uncovered the real reason why her mother Francine (Vanessa Williams) returned to town: She’s dying… oh, and she has a kid she never told Joe (Jesse L. Martin) about. Her son is none other than Wally West (Keiynan Lonsdale), a.k.a the future speedster known as Kid Flash.

“It’s pretty devastating for Joe, because this is an 18-year-old secret that his wife just kept from him, and the fact this boy grew up without a father really rubs Joe the wrong way,” Martin tells EW. “It’s something that he feels immediately guilty about.”

Though Iris kept this pretty major secret from Joe, the detective is far from angry — especially after lying to his daughter about Barry’s (Grant Gustin) identity last season. “He almost immediately forgives Iris for lying about that.” Martin says. “The reveal is way more important. His mind goes directly to that: Will I be able to have a relationship with this kid, and if so what kind of relationship am I going to have if I haven’t been in his life since he grew up?”

Joe is even able to forgive Francine rather quickly, which leads to their relationship being in an “awesome” place, says Martin. “He could be really upset that she didn’t tell him, but this news comes up, and for whatever reason, Joe feels like he needs to forgive as opposed to being angry about it.”

But how will Wally feel about Joe trying to be his father? Below, new cast member Lonsdale has a surprising answer. Plus: The actor runs EW through his audition process, Wally’s reaction to Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) and the lead-up to becoming Kid Flash.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What was your audition process like?
KEIYNAN LONSDALE: It was really cool. I had auditioned for Legends of Tomorrow originally for the Firestorm character. Then maybe about a week later, my team called me, “You’re not going forward for Legends, but they want you to come in and audition for this show called The Flash. Have you heard of it?” I was like, “Yes, I’ve heard of The Flash! I love The Flash!” They said it was for a character called Wally West, who eventually becomes a speedster. I did a few audition rounds. I met Andrew [Kreisberg] and Greg [Berlanti], the producers, and it was an awesome experience. I then did my final audition with Candice, but at that point, I didn’t know how Wally would be related to Joe or Iris. It was kept under wraps. I just went with it. It was so long ago. I feel like it was in May that I was auditioning. To finally be on set and be the character now is awesome.

Had you read the comics before or have you been playing catch-up?
I’ve been doing catch-up now, more so when I was auditioning. Even before I knew that I had the part, I started ordering some of the comic books, because I was like, “You know what? Even if I don’t get the job, I still like this show, and I really like The Flash, so I’ll keep the comics anyway.” Luckily it worked out, because I have a few now. DC sent me a bunch of [cool old school Wally West comics]. It’s awesome, because I get to learn about Wally through the scripts, and then through the little cartoons and also through the comic books. It’s a bunch of different Wally Wests that I get to grab from.

While growing up, did you dream of being a superhero someday?
I’m sure like a lot of other kids, I spent a lot of hours creating superhero powers for myself in the laundry room, and running and jumping all over the place. I love cartoons and love superheroes. I didn’t know too much about The Flash until the series, which I can’t believe now. He’s become a super huge mainstream character. It’s pretty cool that I get to live out my childhood fantasies. I wasn’t expecting it. You don’t really think that that kind of thing can happen.

What can you tell us about Wally West?
Where we meet Wally and how we’re introduced to him, he’s just a regular guy. He’s not Kid Flash just yet. I don’t know when that’s going to happen. He is also into drag racing, which makes the family dynamic kind of funny when your dad is a detective. It’s pretty cool. He’s fairly protective of himself and what it is that he does. It’s difficult having to be introduced into a new family; really, a family with really strong personalities. Iris is a really strong person and she’s determined and has protected herself. When Wally is maybe getting into trouble, she is very concerned and does what she needs to do to help him out. It’s that kind of thing: Does Wally want to be helped at all by anyone, family or not? That’s where he’s at. He’s got his defenses built up pretty high.

When he arrives, does Joe know who he is at that point?
I can’t say too much about the reaction. Overall, fans will enjoy it. It’s going to let out a different side of Joe, Iris and Barry as well. They all have to deal with this new family member, just like Wally does. It’s going to be interesting to watch those struggles. It’s not easy. It’s not an easy transition. As much as Joe is a great guy and a great father, he’s going to have to struggle with how he can be a father to a kid that maybe doesn’t need that. That’s where Wally’s at, and Wally doesn’t make it easy at all for anyone.

What has life been like for Wally growing up without a father? Is there some resentment there?
I wouldn’t say resentment, but he’s just had his mom. For me, I can relate to that as well. I just grew up with my mom. I met my dad maybe when I was 10. For me, I was obsessed with the idea of meeting my father, so I had huge expectations. I wanted so much for that relationship. With Wally, he’s not 10, he’s old enough to go, “You know what? I’ve been OK. My mom and I have been OK.” It’s going to be cool to see him figure out what he wants, because he’s old enough to make the decision of whether he wants to have a father in his life or not. He hasn’t had Joe there. It’s not a resentment, but it’s not all flowers either.

But does his mom’s illness take the choice away a little bit?
With Francine being sick, that does mean that naturally you would want family around, but if I was going through that, I don’t know if I would feel more comfortable with strangers around. That actually makes it more difficult to accept them. If everything was going right, if everyone was happy and Francine wasn’t sick, it may be still hard, but it may be an easier transition. But because she is sick, there’s that to deal with. You don’t want a bunch of strangers in your life when something so personal is affecting you. That’s something that Wally really struggles with.

Knowing what we do about the comics, what does Wally’s relationship with Barry look like?
It is funny, in my opinion. Wally is trying to find his place within this family, but his place is already kind of taken, in his eyes at least, by Barry. He isn’t the biggest fan of Barry in the beginning. Obviously we know in the future and in the comics at least that they’re going to be running side by side, but at this point, it’s a funny sibling rivalry from Wally’s end, at least. Barry’s such a great guy. He’s such a funny, nice human that it makes the dynamic pretty entertaining.

Wally doesn’t have his powers, but what does that journey toward getting them and his introduction into the world of metahumans look like?
I don’t know what it’s going to be like when he does get his powers. I haven’t been made aware yet of when or how that will happen. It will be interesting to see how he’s introduced to everything and in what way, in terms of metahumans and S.T.A.R. Labs. Wally is also a fairly chilled out guy. Even though he’s just a regular kid, the world still knows about Central City being quite a crazy place. People know about The Flash, so he knows that The Flash exists, but doesn’t know who The Flash is, obviously. He understands that this is the world that he’s in, but he’s not the science guy. He’s not heavily involved in any of that stuff. He probably would prefer for things to be quite normal at this point, but he lives in a crazy world.

Will he be interacting with the S.T.A.R. Labs team at all?
In the future, I’m sure that’s what’s going to happen. But at this point, I have no idea.

Between being in Allegiant, The Finest Hours, The Flash and creating your new EP, you’ve had a busy year. How are you balancing everything?
I guess in reality, for me at least, things always feel a lot slower than it may be on the outside. I’m constantly trying to fill up my time. I’m constantly trying to do new things. The EP is an example. While I was filming another independent film, I was editing my music video for one of the songs and making sure everything was right. That’s how I function, if I don’t have a lot to do and have multiple projects going on, I kind of freak out. That’s my flaw, I guess. It’s what keeps me pushing forward. Hopefully I get to do that for the rest of my career and the rest of my life. I just want to continue to do multiple projects, make music, act and do everything that I love doing, just because it makes me happy.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/07/fl ... 5d2e659e44
- Keiynan Lonsdale adelanta el debut de Wally West, la rivalidad de hermanos con Barry, y revela que audicionó para 'Firestorm' (ibtimes):
Keiynan Lonsdale adelanta el debut de Wally West, la rivalidad de hermanos con Barry, y revela que audicionó para 'Firestorm'
Por Alex Garofalo 07 Dic, 2015

"The Flash" may be fresh off its blockbuster, two-episode crossover event with "Arrow," but, true to its name, the CW series has no plans to slow down. In fact, the Season 2 winter finale Tuesday, "Running to Stand Still," will feature the debut of one of fans' most anticipated new characters -- Wally West aka Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale).

In a departure from the character's story from the comics, Wally will not be just a nephew of Iris (Candice Patton), but her brother and Joe's (Jesse L. Martin) biological son! That will make the character's debut, as well as his road to eventually joining Barry (Grant Gustin) as his junior speedster, much more complicated. Australian actor Keiynan Lonsdale, 23, known for his role as Uriah in the "Divergent" franchise, spoke to International Business Times to discuss how he landed the coveted role and what Wally's debut means for "The Flash."

Read the full interview below:

International Business Times: Congratulations on landing the role of Wally West! What was the process of getting the role like and how much did you know along the way?

Keiynan Lonsdale: It was a really cool process. It was different. I auditioned for “Legends of Tomorrow” at first for the Firestorm character -- although, they had not said it was for “Legends of Tomorrow” yet, so everything was always under wraps. I auditioned with [casting director] David Rapaport and decided to watch “The Flash” just so I could kind of get an idea about the universe and how these shows were all connected and I immediately got hooked. Then, my team called me and said, “You are not going forward for ‘Legends of Tomorrow,’ but the producers want you to come back and audition for this role of Wally West, who is Kid Flash.” I didn’t know exactly who Wally West was, but by the words “Kid Flash” I could kind of see where it was going. So, I did all my research and it was this really weird thing where I was auditioning for this show I loved watching.

I auditioned quite a few times and my last audition was with Candice Patton, so that was awesome. She just recently told me that the producers told her to make me work really hard! I didn’t know how I was going to be related to Joe and Iris though, when I was going to get my powers, or even what Wally’s personality would be like. Everything was kept under wraps until the last minute.

IBT: What does “last minute” mean exactly?

Lonsdale: I did a marketing shoot about a month before shooting and they had let me know prior to that that I would be Joe’s son. So, that was pretty cool and then they told me, “Do not tell a soul.” So, then I told my Mom … obviously.

IBT: You are not exactly coming out of nowhere -- you, obviously, star in the “Divergent” movie franchise -- but comic book fans are famously ravenous about casting. What was the sudden attention like after it was announced that you would be Wally West?

Lonsdale: It was interesting. It was pretty up and down. It was the first time I ever had to deal with people referring to the color of my skin. That’s not something I ever really had to deal with before. Wally is traditionally a Caucasian character with red hair and a lot of people fall in love with their characters -- they have had them for so long -- and they fall in love with their personalities and how they look is how they picture them and when that changes it can be difficult for them. What I have seen since the casting though is that the majority of people are now really supportive and see that Joe and Iris are African American, so, if I’m Joe’s son … I’m most likely going to be black. Plus, Wally is mixed race in the New 52 (comics) version as well. People are smart and know that the way a character looks does not affect who they are, so it’s been an interesting reaction.

IBT: “The Flash” seems like it would be a very fun set and the cast all seem very friendly with each other on social media. What was it like arriving on set?

Lonsdale: My first day I walked in and it was kind of intimidating how happy everyone was, which was cool. That does not always happen. Everyone was just singing or making personal jokes and they are also very inclusive and welcoming. When you watch the show you feel like everyone has a good connection so you just kind of assume that and I had heard that the cast is great and the crew is great, but it really is a cool family vibe on set. As a newcomer -- it seems like I’m always walking onto a second film or a second season -- it can tough, so when you are made to feel welcome it is much easier to feel comfortable in your performance.

IBT: Speaking of family, let’s talk about Wally West and his new family. Much was made of that fact that Wally will be Joe’s son and Iris’ brother, instead of a nephew or more distant relative. Do you think that change was a big deal?

Lonsdale: I think it is a huge deal. I think going forward you will see how much that affects the family dynamic with everyone -- Joe, Iris and Barry included. I think because it is such an immediate family connection it makes the stakes higher because, if you find out you have a nephew, that is a surprise, but if you find out you have a son, that is a slightly bigger surprise! It also allows for more emotional depth between the characters and in the storylines. I certainly enjoyed it.

I have also noticed how comic fans really love the West family connection between Wally and Iris. Even as aunt and nephew, people love how close they are, so this will be a very cool dynamic to see.

IBT: Will those family connections come easily?

Lonsdale: I don’t think it will be an immediate connection. Wally is stepping into a whole new world with a whole new family and he’s just a regular guy. He’s not necessarily the most open guy in his life at this point. He has just found out that he has this family, so it will not be easy. However, that allows there to be more experiences and hardships that they will go through together, which will make them closer and make them really feel like a family.

IBT: What can we expect from Wally’s relationship with Barry?

Lonsdale: It is not going to be an immediately easy relationship. For Wally, he is new to this family and his defenses are already up high. So, then to step into a family and not feel like he has a place here and then see that Joe basically already has a son in Barry -- that is not easy. I think in Wally’s mind there is a little bit of sibling rivalry there and he doesn’t know Barry. Plus, since Barry is such a nice guy it can be even harder to swallow sometimes. It is really about trying to find his place and Barry being there makes it harder for Wally to know where he stands. I think that is cool though. Hopefully going forward, one day these characters will one day be running side to side, so it means a slow burn friendship.

IBT: Since it is going to be a slow burn, would it be safe to say it will be awhile for Wally gets exposed to S.T.A.R. Labs, meta-humans and that side of the show?

Lonsdale: I think [the writers] are going to take their time with that, but you just never know. It is one of those shows where you think things are going to go one way and then one episode could change everything. At this point when we are introduced to him he is just a regular guy and it is more about exploring the family dynamic. My guess is that it will take some time.

IBT: Well, then how are we going to see Wally spending his time when he is not working on connecting with his new family?

Lonsdale: Racing. Drag racing.

IBT: Will Joe be a fan of that?

Lonsdale: Probably not, considering he is a detective, but that is Wally’s thing. That is a cool thing. Wally is obsessed with speed right off the bat and Iris is pretty concerned about that as well, which could create more tension. It means there will be some cool things for the audience to see in terms of the racing.

It is not something I ever had an interesting in, but that is what is cool about acting. One day you are fighting a war from the future and the next day you are a superhero or a drag racer.

IBT: The last time I talked to you it was just before you released your EP, “HIGHER Vol. 1,” on SoundCloud. Were you pleased with how it all came out?

Lonsdale: Well, my main goal doing the EP was just to put out a collection of music for myself and see what I could create that was completely from my own influences and without trying to create hit songs. I’m really happy with how fans have reacted. I have a really small music fan base, but I think it’s awesome. I love how people have connected to a lot of the songs in different ways than I expected. A lot of the lyrics are, obviously, pretty personal and relate to experiences that I’ve dealt with, but when people tweet me or write to me about how they feel about a song it is almost completely different than I intended it to be, which I think is awesome. That’s the cool thing about music. It has inspired me to keep making music, although, it has been harder, as of late, with my schedule.

IBT: You are a very busy guy.

Lonsdale: [Laughing] Yeah!

http://www.ibtimes.com/flash-star-keiyn ... ls-2214237
- Keiynan Lonsdale sobre el traer a Wally West a la vida y la rivalidad de súper-hermanos (blastr):
Keiynan Lonsdale sobre el traer a Wally West a la vida y la rivalidad de súper-hermanos
Por Trent Moore 07 Dic, 2015 12:06pm

The world of The Flash is getting a whole lot bigger this week, as Keiynan Lonsdale prepares to bring Wally West — aka Kid Flash — to life on The CW series. So, what can we expect from his arrival in Central City?

We chatted with Lonsdale about what it’s been like translating the character to the small screen, and he teased Wally’s arrival will definitely shake things up for Team Flash. As for how he’ll get along with Barry? Lonsdale promised some major “sibling rivalry” as another son starts vying for Joe’s attention. This could be interesting.

Wally West was originally introduced to DC Comics lore way back in 1959, and eventually served as the full-fledged Flash for decades in the comics. His TV origin is a bit different (instead of being Iris’ cousin, he’s now her long-lost brother), but Lonsdale has signed on a series regular — so his version of Wally will definitely be sticking around for a while.

Here’s what Lonsdale had to say about his new superhero gig…

Were you a comic or superhero fan growing up? When you landed the gig as Wally West, how’d you prepare for the role, since we’re talking about a character with decades of comic history to draw from?

I wasn’t that into comics growing up, to be honest, but I always liked watching the films and knew the characters. I guess I was only really educated on The Flash when I started watching The CW show. From then, and obviously auditioning, I started buying the comics. DC just sent me a bunch of the old classics to learn a bit more about Wally West. I feel like I’ve been getting a good fix, now.

You’re getting ready to make your on-screen debut, but what has it been like walking into a show like The Flash, with such a fervent, engaged fan base?

It’s crazy, and really cool. Obviously, in the project I did before, the Divergent films, that was a similar type of thing, being based on the books and with the fanbase there. But with The Flash, a comic book world is a whole different thing I’m learning about. The people are super dedicated and enthusiastic about this character and these stories. One of the coolest parts is, these people are so creative, and getting to see their interpretations of Wally West even before I’ve come on. A lot of people have been really supportive.

What can we expect from Wally’s debut this Tuesday? We know he’s Iris’ secret brother, but what can you tease about how that introduction goes with him showing up in Central City?

You’re going to see Wally there for the first time, and it’s going to shake things up. He’s going to step into the world that is The Flash, and the West family, trying to figure out how he’s going to deal with Joe and Iris, and Barry as well — and how they feel about him. There’s a lot of that going forward. We’ll see how much you get to see in the next episode [laughs], but I can say it’s a nice introduction.

Who is Wally, and how does his presence change the dynamic of Team Flash in the back half of Season 2 moving forward?

He’s just a regular kid at this point, and he doesn’t become Kid Flash or anything just yet. But, he’s into drag racing. That’s his ‘thing,’ or his ‘job’ as you might say, at the moment. That’s his passion. Plus, it leads in with the speed and all that [laughs].

That’s the kind of cool thing, introducing him as a regular kid, because you get to see how someone goes from a regular guy and developing into that and into their future. Everyone is very excited about it. It’s going to take some getting used to for him, to get used to all these people and being introduced to this new world, and the fact that there’s metahumans everywhere, and finding out Barry is The Flash.

Wally’s arrival is almost certainly going to shake things up for Iris and Joe, so what can you tell us about how his introduction affects the West family?

He’s Joe’s son and Iris’ brother, so that’s a big thing to drop onto any family, and their dynamic is already interesting, because Barry is already a son to Joe. So, bringing another son in, who he hasn’t seen grow up at all, but is his blood, that’s a huge deal and confusing, and a big challenge for everyone. It’s very emotional, and there’s a lot of heavy stuff going forward. For me, I love working with both Jesse and Candice as my family, and especially just feel connected to them both. It makes the scenes a lot stronger to me, and has more of an impact.”

What’s the dynamic between Wally and Barry? The West family connection is what brings him into the fold, but his relationship with Barry informs so much of the character historically.

I will say, it’s not an easy relationship. You might see some sibling rivalry develop, because he’s stepping into a family he doesn’t know, and he has a father and sister he doesn’t know. But they have someone else, where Wally feels he should be, in Barry’s position, because Barry is already in their family and has their love.

Knowing that, in the comics, Wally eventually gets to suit up himself and take up the mantle of The Flash — where would you like to see the character go, long-term?

Personally I’d love to be him working side by side with Barry Allen, with The Flash. To me, that’d be the most exciting kind of thing, to see that. There’s so much to love about Wally West and Barry Allen, and it would be cool to have a partner in crime, or really the opposite, to defeat crime [laughs]. That’s what I want, to see what kind of craziness they can get into together.

Describe the back half of Season 2 in six words:

Intense, scary, hilarious, Zoom, family, and speed.

http://www.blastr.com/2015-12-7/exclusi ... ng-rivalry
- Candice Patton sobre la Season 2, Iris West, Barry Allen, y más (collider):
Candice Patton sobre la Season 2, Iris West, Barry Allen, y más
Por Christina Radish 08 Dic, 2015

Even though Team Flash barely survived Vandal Savage and the events of The Flash/Arrow cross-over, things are not letting up or slowing down for the residents of Central City on The CW drama series. It may be Christmas time, but nothing will stop the Rogues from taking over when Mark Mardon, aka The Weather Wizard (Liam McIntyre), breaks Leonard Snart, aka Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller), and James Jesse, aka The Trickster (Mark Hamill), out of Iron Heights. While Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) works to stop them, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and Iris (Candice Patton) meet Wally West (Keiynan Lonsdale).

During this exclusive phone interview with Collider, actress Candice Patton talked about what’s most surprised her about the story they’re telling in Season 2, learning more about Iris West and her family history, how meeting Wally West will affect Iris and Joe, special holiday moments among the characters, what she thinks of the slow burn approach to Barry and Iris’ relationship, what Iris thinks of Patty Spivot (Shantel VanSanten), exploring the female dynamics, and wanting to see Iris in the field more. Be aware that there are some spoilers.

Collider: So much is happening this season, so fast. What has most surprised you about the story that you’re telling now and where you’re at with things?

CANDICE PATTON: The biggest thing this season is opening the idea of the multi-verse. Last year, we dealt with the idea of trim travel, and now we’re delving into the multi-verse, this season. There are just so many sci-fi things that we’ve delved into. Instead of holding it back for Season 4 or Season 5, we’re doing it all in the first and second season. So, it’s kind of shocking that we’ve moved so fast, but I think it makes it really exciting for the audience, for sure.

When you found out that every character on this show could have a doppleganger and that anything could be possible, did you start to think of your idea version of Iris West’s doppleganger and what you’d like to see her do?

PATTON: Honestly, I didn’t really think about that until more recently. I don’t know why. I knew that the multi-verse was happening and I knew some storylines, but I never really thought that it could be possible for Iris to have a doppleganger. But really, it’s possible for any one of our characters to have a doppleganger. There are a lot of ideas moving around in my head, so it’s exciting. The idea that these characters can travel between multi-verses with these breaches open, you can have characters from Earth-2 come into Earth-1, and vice versa. This isn’t the only Earth. There are possible 52 in total. There are a lot of storylines that could be explored.

On the human side of things, after spending the first season not knowing too much about her past and her mother. What was it like for you to learn more about that and to learn about what her motives were for wanting to come back into her daughter’s life?

PATTON: It was really great to start the season knowing that the West family was going to be more of the heart of the show, and that we were going to delve into Iris’ mother and what happened there, and the potential of her having a brother, Wally West. It’s a lot for Iris. She’s lived her whole life thinking that her mother died. So, for her to find out that she’s very much alive and that the reason why she left is that she was a drug addict is hard for her to swallow. She’s not really sure that she wants to have a relationship with someone like that. She’s had such a great role model in her father that it’s really hard for her to forgive her mother for what she’s done.

Did it make you see Iris any differently, now that you have all of this information?

PATTON: Yeah, absolutely! You think about Iris being the only female figure in her household. She’s somewhat of a mother figure to both Joe and Barry, and she took on that role because she didn’t really have a mother. She looks out for Barry in a very emotional way, and she does the same thing for Joe. She’s taken on this mother role without even knowing that she’s done it. So, I’ve definitely gone back and thought about a lot of things, with how not having a mother has affected her as a person. It forced her to be strong. She’s only had strong men around her to show her how to navigate the world. Her dad is a cop, and he actively puts himself in danger. That informs how Iris wants to do the same.

You’d think you would get a bit of a breather after the epic cross-over with The Flash and Arrow, but this next episode sounds big, in its own right, with the introduction of Wally West and the Rogues on the loose. How would you describe the events of this next episode?

PATTON: The audience can expect that it’s never going to be quiet. The Particle Accelerator has allowed for a lot of meta-humans and a lot of Rogues to surface, so it’s never quiet in Central City. Episode 9 reintroduces our previous villains, in a cool way, and there’s also the introduction of Wally. So, Episode 9 is going to be just as jam-packed as the cross-over.

We know that Iris and Joe will be meeting Wally West, so obviously Joe finds out what’s going on before then. With as hard of a time as Iris has had keeping that information to herself, how will that discovery affect their relationship?

PATTON: Iris eventually comes to the realization that she has to tell her father, so we’ll see her navigate what the best way to do that is. She’s feeling like a hypocrite. We spent all of last season getting really irritated at Barry for keeping secrets from her, and yet she’s doing the exact same thing. For her, she’s realizing what it means to keep secrets from people you love because you’re trying to protect them. But the thing with Iris is that she can’t keep secrets, so we’ll finally see her have to spill because she can’t really sit with it for any longer.

Is this a secret that Joe can understand her keeping from him?

PATTON: With the West family, they love each other, and they respect and understand each other. No matter what’s done, even if it seems like an intentional hurt, they understand that it’s done out of love. I don’t think Joe could ever feel that Iris was intentionally trying to hurt of harm him.

It’s a lot easier to pretend that someone doesn’t exist before you meet them, but it’s a lot harder to deny once they’re a real person that you’ve met and spoken to. How will actually having to deal with the fact that Wally West is a real person who’s not going anywhere affect Iris?

PATTON: She realized that she has a mother, and that’s a new family member to have or not have a relationship with. It’s the same thing with Wally. It’s a real person and she’s going to have to decide what kind of relationship, if any, she wants to have with this new brother, and that’s a lot to take in. Even though they are blood related, they don’t know each other. They have no understanding of each other. It’s going to take time to form a new relationship with someone that is your brother.

You guys are such a tight cast. When you welcome a new actor, like Keiynan Lonsdale, onto the second season who’s playing such a pivotal character that’s so loved by comic book fans, do you go out of your way to make him feel at him?

PATTON: Personally, I do. Wally West is such a huge role and I know how loved he is by comic book fans who love The Flash. Keiynan is walking into a really epic opportunity. The character is now African American in the comic books, but a lot of people know the Caucasian version. We’re especially protective over Keiynan and making sure he feels welcome on our set. I’m doing everything I can to make sure it’s an easy transition, stepping onto the show. We want him to succeed and be so great.

Since this is also a Christmas episode, will we get to see any special holidays moments between the characters?

PATTON: I think you can expect that. In Season 1, we had a great Christmas episode that went over well with audiences. You’ll see family come together. There’s a lot of everything. There’s love, there’s action, there are Rogues, and there’s family. It’s the best of The Flash. We always like to have all of those elements in one, and it’s definitely all there in the Christmas episode.

It was nice to see that Iris knows Barry well enough to do something for him, like bringing his dad back to town, and have that really turn things around for him when he was in a bad headspace. Will we see Iris continue to step up in that way?

PATTON: I definitely hope for that. I love seeing that version of Iris, personally, as an actor. It’s always great because Iris knows Barry probably better than anyone in his life. She knows what he needs and when he needs it, almost more than he does. It’s nice to see her step up for him and show her love in the way that she can. Those moments are really great. I hope we get a lot more of that.

Barry and Iris are such an iconic couple in the comics, so it’s only natural that fans are dying for them to finally get together. Do you personally root for that to happen sooner rather than later, or do you prefer the slow burn between the two of them?

PATTON: I prefer the slow burn. I think it’s fun. We’ve gotta earn that relationship. If we delve into it too soon, then where do we have to go? I personally just want it to be the right moment for Iris and Barry. If and when they do get together, I want it to be substantial and not something that just comes and goes. I’m not personally angry at the slow burn. I think it always makes for great television when two characters actually take time to realize that they want to be with each other. You have to leave it to the writers to know what makes great television.

Will we see any more romantic moments with them, in the near future, or is that all on the backburner, with Patty Spivot in the picture now?

PATTON: I’ll just say, never say never. Anything is possible on The Flash.

What does Iris think of Patty and her relationship with Barry?

PATTON: She’s really happy for him. She likes to see Barry happy. I think Iris, having lost her fiancé last season, is still dealing with the grief of that. I don’t think she’s even ready to get into a relationship. I think seeing Barry and Patty together makes her happy to know that love is real and it’s possible for her someday. I think she thinks that Patty is a quirky, good fit for Barry, and she’s going to support that as long as it’s up and running.

What’s been your favorite Iris and Barry moment, and what’s been your favorite Iris and Joe moment?

PATTON: I love the family moments on this show. We really work hard to make those special. I don’t know. There’s been so many great moments between Iris and Barry. I definitely think the Christmas episode last season was really great, just with him putting the necklace around her neck. You can see his love for her. For me, it’s always the small moments with Barry and Iris. And with Joe and Iris, especially this season, sitting down at the kitchen table was something that fans seemed to really respond to, and that makes me happy. Jesse [L. Martin] and I left that scene feeling like we had left it all on the table, and so for people to respond so well to that, makes me really happy.

It’s nice to see Iris get some moments of interaction with the other women, whether it’s Caitlin or Linda. Do you enjoy getting to explore those female dynamics and friendships?

PATTON: Yeah, I do. I hope there’s more of it, to be honest. I welcome female characters and relationships on the show. They happen in real life, so we should see them on TV. Not all female relationships are catty. Quite often, they’re not. It’s nice that Iris and Linda have common ground, are strong women, and really have the same ideals in life. It’s fun to see their friendship and to see them share a beer in Picture News. There’s more of that. You’ll see a little bit of that with Iris and Patty, coming up. I definitely enjoy those moments.

Since the show is called The Flash, the obvious focus has to be there, but all of the other characters on the show really have such a rich story of their own. If Iris were ever to have an episode focusing on something primarily focusing on her, what aspect of her would you like to explore more deeply? Would you like to follow her on the job, see her get more involved in the action, or something else entirely?

PATTON: I think a little bit of both. I really enjoy when Iris is in Picture News, or is out in the field working. That’s what she’s known for, and I like seeing women defined by what they do and what they’re passionate about rather than the men that they’re in love with or associated with. That’s always more important to me, as a female. What excites me is when she’s working at her job, and how that relates, in her own way, to saving Central City and being her own superhero, not necessarily with powers, but with her skills as a journalist. And then, she uses those skills to work with the S.T.A.R. Labs crew. She’s not a scientist and she probably never will be, but that doesn’t mean that she doesn’t have assets. It’s always nice when we get to see Iris use those to help Team Flash.

Because you haven’t really been included in the cross-overs, is there anyone you’d like to see Iris interact with, in some way, either from Arrow or Legends of Tomorrow?

PATTON: There are so many great characters between Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. I would love to work with Caity Lotz. I like working with the girls. There’s a little of it, but there’s not too much. I don’t know. I hope Iris will eventually venture to another DC property, but who knows. And now, with Supergirl on the air, it would be interesting to see Iris wander over there.

http://collider.com/the-flash-season-2- ... iris-west/
- Liam McIntyre sobre el hacer equipo con el Trickster de Mark Hamill para causarle problemas a 'The Flash' (accesshollywood)
Liam McIntyre sobre el hacer equipo con el Trickster de Mark Hamill para causarle problemas a 'The Flash'
Por Jolie Lash 08 Dic, 2015 9:28 AM PST

There's chaos at Christmas in Central City on Tuesday night, when a metahuman who can manipulate the weather teams up with a brilliant criminal psychopath in a Santa suit on "The Flash."

Liam McIntyre is back as Mark Mardon/the Weather Wizard, and he'll be making his way to Iron Heights to break Mark Hamill's James Jesse/The Trickster, and Wentworth Miller's Leonard Snart/Captain Cold out of the pen so they can combine forces for one killer crime – taking down The Flash (Grant Gustin).

Since we first heard the Weather Wizard and the Trickster were going to be in the same episode, we've been looking forward to watching the two villains team up on The CW superhero show (and the sneak peek proves the stakes will be dangerously high for Barry Allen).

It was back in October that Liam traveled to Vancouver to film "The Flash's" midseason finale, where he met his fellow guest star, Mark Hamill, for the first time (while, unintentionally, wearing a piece of clothing with a "Star Wars" image on it). On a break from shooting a new project in Eastern Europe, Liam hopped on the phone with Access Hollywood to talk all things Mark Mardon, working with the "truly delightful" Mark Hamill, the wildcard factor of Captain Cold, Patty Spivot, and trying to ruin Christmas in Central City.

AccessHollywood.com: When did you first find out you were going to be in an episode [of 'The Flash'] with Mark Hamill?
Liam McIntyre: It was probably about four months ago – about a month before we started filming it, or just a bit over. I had heard that they were looking at maybe bringing [my] character back and that was very exciting… They don't [share the] scripts very early obviously -- with good reason -- so it kind of turned up across the desk and I was like, 'Are you joking?' It didn't say it, but as soon as you see the word 'Trickster' in the title, you're like, 'Holy hell! I'm in.'

Access: How big of a 'Star Wars' fan are you?
Liam: Pretty big. I had to actively hide [the] 'Star Wars' shoes I was wearing when I met Mark Hamill, so I had his face on my feet. I was kind of like, 'Oh, I didn't realize I was meeting you today. Sorry. I apologize in advance. You probably get this a lot.' Pretty big, yeah. For example, [last Friday], I wasn't there, but some of my friends were having like a 'Star Wars' miniature painting day where they were going to paint 'Star Wars' miniatures. I would have been in, but unfortunately, I was filming. But when I get back, maybe.

Access: Let's talk about how your characters – Mark Mardon and James Jesse – interact. Mark gets him out of prison in this episode. Do you guys get along on screen? Do James and Mark have some sort of decent relationship?
Liam: Yeah, it's fascinating because it's like, 'The Rogues: The Early Years' (laughs). It's the formative moments. ... You get to really explore in this episode the different ideologies of each of the characters and where their strengths and weaknesses lie. But we get on. We're all kind of united by a desire to, I don't know, cause trouble, if you will. I think -- especially Mark and James Jesse… they see eye to eye very much on dealing with Flash. … It's fascinating because James is -- he's crazy and it kind of delights and terrifies Mark because he's -- for want of a better word -- the more together psychopath, where he's got an agenda, he's very clear and he's methodical, and he's thought [it out], whereas James is very much an 'x' factor, and that's kind of exciting because it means you can do things that people won't expect, but you also don't expect them either, which is interesting.

Access: Does your character, Mark, have any idea what a wildcard Captain Cold is? He's gone back on so many deals on the show as fans have seen, but I'm guessing Mark is not aware of Captain Cold's--
Liam: No, well, I mean, he's never had that experience. Mark knows about Leonard Snart from pre-metahuman days -- from the criminal world -- but in terms of the person that Snart is now? No, he thinks in Snart he'll find a smart, tactical genius, who he thinks will [carry out] what's a terrific plan and pull it off successfully. So as far as Mark's concerned, he's going in there bringing the two biggest 'x' factors he knows of into the same world. He's going to bring the guy who's clearly a criminal mastermind, as opposed to just like a very good criminal. He's clearly very intelligent, and a guy who's just so crazy he'll come up with something -- they'll bring a plan that you just can't expect. And that's what he thinks he needs to defeat The Flash.

Access: The other thing fans know going into this episode is your character killed Patty Spivot's father, but is he aware of who Patty is?
Liam: Mark's done a bunch of bad stuff in his youth... He's not particularly worried about her or thinking about her. And going into this episode, not at all.

Access: I saw you guys filming [a big] scene in Vancouver -- the one where Mark Hamill is in a Santa costume and you're there and Grant's there. Is this going to be a super crazy and nutty [episode]? I mean, the Trickster is in a Santa costume!
Liam: You're going to have a very Merry Christmas with this one. This is a bit of delight. Even in reading the script, it's just kind of wonderful, it's extravagant, it's eccentric, it's a little terrifying, it's a bit dark, it's not too scary, but it has it's moments where it's kind of an intense Christmas special, but it's funny and it's just got, I mean, it's got Wally West. ... It's just gonna be huge. It's Mark Hamill, Wally West [Keiynan Lonsdale], lots of metahumans doing meta stuff. It's going to be great. I'm really excited.

Access: How Christmas-y is it? I've seen the signs. There was a Jitters coffee cart dressed up in garland and gold and bows outside of where you were shooting.
Liam: Yeah, it was like we're in Vancouver and I walked into a Christmas festival. I was like, 'Oh, Christmas. That's come early – earlier than normal.' It's pretty festive. I mean, you can only get Mark Hamill in a Santa suit once or twice a year, you know?

http://www.accesshollywood.com/articles ... ble-flash/
- Keiynan Lonsdale adelanta la gran llegada de Wally West y se abre sobre el conocer a su propio padre (ETOnline):
Keiynan Lonsdale adelanta la gran llegada de Wally West y se abre sobre el conocer a su propio padre
Por Philiana Ng 08 Dic, 2014 7:30 AM PST

A new speedster is coming to Central City and he’s shaking things up!

Australian actor Keiynan Lonsdale makes his anticipated debut on tonight’s midseason finale of The Flash as the beloved DC Comics character Wally West, who in comic lore becomes Kid Flash. On The CW series, he’s not quite ready to follow his superhero destiny just yet, though fans are brimming with excitement at the introduction of the future speedster.

“People have been waiting for Wally for a while so the anticipation is really built up,” Lonsdale, whose casting was announced in August, told ETonline. “I’m excited to see what the fans think and excited to see how he affects the dynamic of the West family and the show.”

In the holiday episode, titled “Running to Stand Still,” Wally arrives in town at a crucial time for the West household -- just a few episodes ago, Iris (Candice Patton) discovered her estranged and dying mother Francine (Vanessa Williams) gave birth to a son that her father Joe (Jesse L. Martin) doesn’t know exists.

It’s a storyline that’s near to Lonsdale’s heart -- he only just met his biological father and siblings a little over a decade ago. “I’m living my own reality,” Lonsdale said. “I love it when art imitates life. For me, it makes it mean even more and it means I can relate to what Wally’s going through.”

When Wally makes his presence known in Central City, he’s “a regular guy” trying to figure out his place in the world and his fractured family situation will complicate matters for Team Flash.

“That’s a difficult thing. You have one parent who’s sick and then you have one parent you all of a sudden are confronted with. That’s a lot to deal with,” the 23-year-old actor-dancer said. “That’s why Wally has a lot of walls up and he has his defenses built pretty high. It’s going to be tough for the Wests to figure that out and for everyone to connect.”

One relationship Lonsdale hopes will mirror the comics is Wally and Iris’ friendship, but it will take some time for the two West siblings to reach that point.

“The end goal is to have a close family, but in order for that to happen, everyone has to go through tough experiences and good experiences,” Lonsdale said of the West siblings’ journey. “I think together that will bring Iris and Wally closer. Once everyone figures out how to be with each other [and] once they’re not strangers anymore, once they can take down those walls that will allow a much closer connection. Fans will be pleased but it’s going to take some [time].”

If you’re expecting Joe to reject Wally once he discovers his fatherly ties to his son, it’s simply not going to happen.

“Joe is a good guy and he’s a great dad. I believe that applies to this situation -- he always steps up and becomes the person he needs to be, and Wally doesn’t necessarily make that easy for him to do,” Lonsdale said. “For Wally, there might be this awesome dude who says he’s your dad but trusting people for him is very difficult, especially when you’re going through hard times in your life. When someone is trying to protect you and you don’t know them, it can be quite frustrating.”

Another key character who will play an integral role in Wally’s life as he ascends to Kid Flash status is The Fastest Man Alive himself, Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), though Lonsdale reveals the two won’t be getting along at the start.

“It’s like forcing two people to be siblings and for Wally, it’s like, well, there’s already a lot going on and now there’s this other guy -- him being Barry -- who is in the place Wally is trying to fit himself into [in the West family] so that’s difficult. That creates some tension,” Lonsdale teased.

Lonsdale is equally excited about the prospect of slipping into a suit and has little doubt that when the times comes, it’ll bring immense glee to fanboys and fangirls everywhere.

“It’s going to be a really cool thing when it does happen but I think it’s going to be a slow burn. On one hand, I hope it really takes a long time to get to that point but on the other hand, I really want to just put on the suit!” Lonsdale said with a laugh. “I want to find out what the suit looks like, I want to wear the suit and I want to run. Once it finally comes, Wally will be in the right place for that to happen.”

Even so, the actor points to the winter return in January 2016 as one of his favorite episodes he’s been a part of, specifically one scene “that has a lot of tension built up.”

“It’s going to break some hearts, but not for good reasons,” Lonsdale hinted.

http://www.etonline.com/news/177580_the ... ally_west/
- Weather Wizard adelanta la formación de los Rogues (CBR):
Weather Wizard adelanta la formación de los Rogues
Por Bryan Cairns 08 Dic, 2015

The Flash [Grant Gustin] typically finds himself facing off with one supervillain, occasionally two, but three at once is a true rarity. But when Weather Wizard springs Captain Cold [Wentworth Miller] and Trickster [Mark Hamill] from Iron Heights in order to dish out some payback to the speedster, the fastest man alive may finally find himself falling a half-step behind. Could sheer numbers and villainous teamwork prove to be ruin Flash's Christmas?

Leading the charge is Liam McIntyre's Mark Mardon, aka the Weather Wizard. Best known for the titular role in "Spartacus: Blood and Sand," this is the Aussie actor's fourth crack at the weather-controlling baddie. Ahead of tonight's episode, CBR Spoke with him about the evolution of the meteorological metahuman, storming Central City while developing the initial family of Rogues, and sharing screen time with "Star Wars" legend Mark Hamill.

CBR News: What was your take on the character when he debuted in Season 1, and how has it evolved since then?

Liam McIntyre: It's been interesting. I'm really glad Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti have gone this way with the character. You read the comic books, and you get into a lot of who he is and a lot of the iterations of the Rogues and his character. He's pretty much a psychopath who kills his own brother to get his special invention and give himself powers. Whereas in this one, they've gone a different way where he's a metahuman and he's acting more out of revenge and out of a family crisis. As an actor, going into a character, that's really cool and gives you a bit more to play with.

When you're a villain, it's very easy to be a dislikable, moustache-twirling villain. My favorite villains, and they did this on "Spartacus," because the actors and the writers do this really well, was create villains that you can't hate. You're like, "I get why he is doing it." You're kind of on board, on some level, even if they're doing stuff to your favorite character that you're not really a fan of. It's been a cool journey, finding out who the Weather Wizard, or Mark Mardon, is, because I don't think he's fully embraced he's the Weather Wizard -- not yet, anyway.

He starts off with this pure vendetta against Joe. Then they switch timelines on you and, suddenly, all you know is, the Flash has turned up out of nowhere to thwart your plans for no reason because you haven't done anything yet. Your agenda shifts, and the Flash becomes Target Number One. This episode is more of a culmination of half a season of plotting how he's going to get back at the Flash for wreking a day.

We haven't seen Mark in a while. What makes now the right time to storm Central City and strike at the Flash?

Mark has been keeping track of the Flash. Mark is no slouch. My favorite part of this episode is, it's like the formative, early years of the Rogues. You get to see some of the power struggles and the challenges they go through this early, when they try and bring a few of the key members together. He's been watching the Flash, the reports, and doing his own little surveillance because Mark has been on the run and on the loose for a while. He's been seeing the damage that's been done to the Flash with the threat of Zoom. The Flash isn't as strong as he once was.

Mark thinks, with these two other strong characters being in the same place, he can break them out together. Between the genius of Snart (Captain Cold) and the chaotic psychopath that is James Jesse (Trickster), he's going to get a culmination of two other accomplices that will give the Flash truly something he can't handle. You'll kick him while he's down, and this is the right time. He's very careful in his decision to take him now, when the Flash, to him at least, is vulnerable.

As you established, Mark doesn't attack alone. What's the dynamic between the Weather Wizard, Captain Cold and the Trickster?

It's electric. It's already one of my favorite episodes that I've done. I haven't seen it yet, but in filming it, there were so many interesting characters and agendas working off each other. The way it comes together is brilliant. Like I said, it's the formative years of the Rogues, where they are starting to be aware of each other and looking at strengths and weaknesses. The Flash is a formidable opponent, and maybe they aren't equipped to do this on their own, so maybe they should team up in different ways. That's just starting to happen.

You get this situation where Mark, who thinks he's timed it right and has the right plan, storms in, releases everyone and is like, "Alright, this is how it's going to be." Then, of course, he realizes the other Rogues may have different plans. He comes up against, "No, this is how it's going to have to be." It's what I think will define the difficult family of the Rogues as they start to come together more and more for the show. Each one of them is really powerful in their own right, and very confident and arrogant, and it doesn't make for very good teamwork. But they are also aware they need to work together to make stuff happen. You always have this wonderful friction between them, and it's on display from the minute they get together in this episode. There's a constant tension, but there's an attempt to work through it. It's kind of wonderful.

In what ways is Mark better prepared for the Flash than in their previous run-ins?

The thing I like about Mark is, he's a smart character. He's not a one-trick pony. He's not the muscle. He's a strong character who really does use his brain as much as his metahuman powers. He's been studying the Flash. Mark has been studying his powers. It's not that Flash has new abilities, but new facets to his abilities than last time Mark saw him. There's things Flash has done that you had never seen before. The Weather Wizard is cool to play. He's pretty formidable. His powers are pretty formidable. What I like the most about this [episode] is, I finally get to use the wand.

On "Spartacus," the battle sequences were brutal, featuring hand-to-hand combat and swordplay. What have you enjoyed about the showdowns on "The Flash," and what can viewers expect from this one?

It's a totally different experience. The first episode I did of "The Flash," I didn't realize "The Flash" and shows of that ilk could do what they were putting on the page. You read it and you're like, "All this stuff is going to happen? Okay. I hope it looks good." Then, having seen that first episode -- even the lightning I send to Joe West in the police station -- to me, looked so exciting and so well done, even just on a technical level. After that, I'm like, "Well, anything you guys tell me to do, I'm down. That's going to look incredible."

In this episode, I get to do a few new tricks and do some pretty big damage. I have quite a showdown with the Flash, so there are some really exciting effects and powers on display. I think it's going to be quite a spectacle.

I noticed that you sported a "Star Wars" t-shirt at a convention earlier this year. What was it working with Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill? Was it a bit of a pinch-me moment?

Yes! For example -- this is the kind of nerd I am -- yesterday, one of my friends was having a "Star Wars" miniature painting day. I would have gone, but I was filming. Look at me. I'm standing next to my "Star Wars" shoes with Mark Hamill's face on one and Darth Vader's face on the other.

The real trick is not to be embarrassing around Mark Hamill, where you're like, "Hi, you're Mark Hamill. I guess you already know that." It's definitely a pinch-me moment. To be able to work with one of your idols when you were a kid -- in the same month that he gets to be part of the biggest franchise on the world, again -- it's just so exciting. And to meet him and be friends with him and get to know him, and to see just how wonderful he is -- he's truly one of the best people. That's nice to know. They always say, "Be careful meeting your heroes. You never know." Happily Mark Hamill is very much a hero, on screen and off. It's nice to know.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... the-rogues
- Keiynan Lonsdale habla sobre la introducción de Wally West y la ‘Rivalidad de hermanos’ con Barry (Variety):
Keiynan Lonsdale habla sobre la introducción de Wally West y la ‘Rivalidad de hermanos’ con Barry
Por Laura Prudom 08 Dic, 2015

It’s safe to say that Wally West is one of the most beloved characters in the DC universe, where he’s been a mainstay since his comic book introduction as Kid Flash in 1959. Ever since the producers of “The Flash” announced that the speedster would be joining the show in Season 2, fans have been clamoring for a look at Barry Allen’s (Grant Gustin) comic book sidekick-turned-successor, who will be portrayed in live-action by Nigerian-Australian actor Keiynan Lonsdale.

In the Dec. 8 midseason finale of “The Flash,” titled “Running to Stand Still,” Wally makes his much-anticipated arrival in Central City — just in time for the holidays. Variety spoke to Lonsdale ahead of Wally’s debut to learn more about his iteration of the character, who was Iris West’s (Candice Patton) nephew in the comics but will be her brother — and Joe West’s (Jesse L. Martin) son — in the series.

We know that Iris and Joe finally meet Wally in this week’s episode; are you allowed to tell us anything about how that meeting goes?

No, not really. [Laughs.] I can’t really say how it goes, but it’s definitely going to cause some change in the family dynamic going forward. Obviously, for Wally, and for the family themselves, it’s a shock, and it’s a completely new thing … none of them have had to deal with this kind of change up in their lives before, at this late an age. It’s a big thing for them all, and going forward it’s not going to be super easy. They’re going to have to go through some stuff to get to a good place.

Iris has had a little time to come to terms with the idea of having a brother, since she found out about Wally before Joe did. What is their dynamic like?

One thing I can say is Wally’s really into drag racing, which is not the ideal thing when your father is a detective and your sister’s a reporter. [Laughs.] So that’s going to cause some tension, and Iris, especially … she’s a fierce character so she’s pretty concerned over that, which kind of shows that she’s accepting him as a brother, really. It shows that the love is there, from both sides. From all sides, I think the love is there, but it goes to show that a lot more goes into creating a family than blood and love. It’s what you have to go through together.

For Wally, his walls are up pretty high. He’s quite defensive about who he is, what he does, and he doesn’t want a lot of those things to change, and doesn’t really believe that those things should be changed by newcomers in his life. Just because Joe is his dad, just because Iris is his big sister, doesn’t mean that he feels like they can control him in any way. So I think that’s going to be a pretty difficult dynamic for them to all overcome, but eventually, that will bring everyone together.

That theme of building a family with people who aren’t necessarily your blood is obviously a pivotal part of “The Flash,” since Barry is an adopted member of the West family. In all the ways that count, Joe has technically already had a son for many years, so how do Wally and Barry react to each other?

Well, Barry’s a good guy, and they’re all good people, but I think that that can sometimes be frustrating for Wally, because he’s trying to find his place in this family, but his place is almost already filled by this other son that Joe has.

So that’s another family member that Wally’s kind of forced to have, but Barry isn’t his blood, you know? And because Barry is such a nice guy, and a good guy, that can be even more frustrating for Wally. He doesn’t want to let a lot of people in, and … as cool as Barry is, Wally doesn’t want to let him in. So that creates this kind of cool little sibling rivalry, in a sense. At least from Wally’s point of view, without admitting it. I don’t think he would admit that to himself. It’s going to be quite funny.

What did the producers tell you about Wally as a character in terms of backstory or how to approach him when you got the role? Was there anything in particular you drew on?

It was kind of all in the script, to be honest, which is cool, and I guess because there are so many versions of Wally, there’s a lot of things I could pull from. Even more recently, I’m still learning more and more about Wally because the guys at DC just sent me a bunch of the old comics, which is really cool.

It’s just been a combination of things. It’s even the discussions that we had during the auditions, which really helped me as well … allowing me to go into the Wally that has his defenses up, that’s got quite a bit of attitude. Because deep down, especially when you’re growing up, you have your personality, and you are who you are, but usually it’s covered up by something else. And because of where he’s at in his life, and dealing with these things, he’s not going to reveal himself and let his guard down for new people. That was the main thing that we’re dealing with at the moment, which is cool for me because then it means as time goes on, I get to reveal more and more about his character.

And on top of meeting these new family members, which would be overwhelming enough after all these years, his mom is sick too, which must be its own unique kind of burden.

Totally, and that’s the right word, it is a burden. It’s tough what he’s having to deal with. I think as well, at that kind of age, you always feel like things are your fault in some way or another. It’s a tough life that he’s living at the moment, and rightfully so. If your mom is ill and you don’t know the rest of your family and now, all of a sudden, you are in a position where you have to get to know them… But he’s also old enough to make that choice himself: if he doesn’t want to , he doesn’t have to. It’s really a push and pull in his mind. His mom is ill and that just makes things very confusing.

Wally West was the first version of The Flash that I encountered, because of the “Justice League” animated series, and in a lot of iterations he’s portrayed as a very humorous, quippy and enthusiastic character. Have you had the opportunity to channel much of that, or because of the gravity of his circumstances, is he a little more reserved so far?

It’s a bit of both. I mean, he is serious and he is reserved and defensive and he has an attitude, but at the same time, he can switch things up with his humor, which is sometimes kind of dry. [Laughs.] I think that’s a big part of Wally, his humor, and obviously, more so in other versions where it’s more of a lighthearted kind of thing. I think that that could definitely be what comes out of it in the future, but while we’re dealing with these realistic, tough storylines with family, he is on the more serious side, although he’s still Wally, so there’s time for a joke, even if it’s not maybe the nicest timing.

What was your first day on set like?

When I got there, I’m pretty sure I got to meet everyone that day, which was really cool. Everyone was so welcoming. Everyone was really excited about me being there, which made me even more excited and more comfortable. The environment on set is super positive and happy and everyone chatting together, everyone joking, or rapping, or a couple of people dancing, you know what I mean? I was like, “okay, so this is my new job.” [Laughs.]

I’d imagine it must be especially intimidating to come into a show in the second season when everyone’s already established a rhythm?

Totally, and I seem to have a habit of this in my career. The first show that I did in Australia, I joined in the second season, and then with the “Divergent” series, I joined in the second film. Now with this, second season. It’s not an easy thing because you’re walking into a dynamic that already exists. People have already gone through stuff together, similar to a family, and you walk in as the new guy. It’s hard — even with everyone being welcoming, it’s still a difficult thing, but it certainly makes it easier. It allowed me to feel comfortable within my performance, and I felt supported straight away, so it was cool.

Mark Hamill also returns in this week’s episode as The Trickster — did you get to meet him?

I didn’t get to meet him, unfortunately. Here’s the thing — because I’m a fan of the show, I was like, “I don’t want to know what’s going on in the episode,” so I had no idea, because I was like, “well, Wally doesn’t need to know what’s going on. You only need to know what he needs to know.”

I think I’d only seen the first or second episode [of season two] on TV, and I was like, “I’m not ruining this for myself. I’m just going to know what I get to know and then we’ll go from there.” So Mark coming back to the show was a surprise to me! [Laughs.]

There’s a general lack of diversity among superheroes in TV and movies, especially when it comes to portraying heroes who aren’t white. How does it feel to get to tackle such an iconic character and know you’ll be a role model for a whole generation of new fans, many of whom probably won’t even know he was once a red-headed white kid?

Yeah, it’s amazing. It’s cool when you put it like that. It’s an interesting thing because, obviously, the traditional Wally West is Caucasian with red hair, and he had an iconic look, and people, because they fell in love with the character, also fall in love with the way that that character looks.

That was an interesting thing, seeing a lot of the discussions that people had about the real, live-action version of Wally being a mixed-race, African American guy, which I think is cool. It’s all part of the world reflecting itself. The world is a colorful place, so it may as well be the same thing in TV. For me it’s exciting. I just view myself as a human, so to be able to hopefully be a role model to African-American kids growing up, African-Australian kids growing up — because that’s who I am — and to kids of all races … I think as long as they can look at their screens and say “it doesn’t matter what I look like; I can be that, I can be a superhero, or I can be an actor,” I think that’s the important message to put out there. I love how they’ve done it with these shows, and with “The Flash,” they do it so organically with adding different cultures to the show, and people of color. I think they do it really well, and I think it works, and I think that’s why a lot of people tune into the show.

Wally is being introduced as a regular guy, but we all know that he has a heroic future to fulfill — have you been doing any training so that you’re prepared, just in case they decide to power you up?

I’ve been trying to run, although I haven’t been doing it this week. But I got here and I was like, “you know what, I should be running,” so I’ve been trying to run on the treadmill. I started doing yoga classes, randomly. I’ve only done three so far, but I’m like “whatever works” … and I also went to boxing the other day. I’m just trying to do a bunch of different things, because I don’t know when they could spring this up on me. I feel like with my luck, they’ll be like, “hey, so tomorrow you’re going be in the suit.” You never know. [Laughs.]

You mentioned that you were a fan of the show before you even auditioned to be part of it. What did you appreciate most about it, just as an audience member?

I love the structure of the show. I think it’s very positive, and it has a lot of energy to it, and it’s a consistent show, as well, which I think is important. I love the performances. I think all the actors are amazing — I think Grant, as Barry, you’re really rooting for him, and that’s such an important thing for a superhero, for your lead guy. You want to see him win, and that’s such a cool quality that he brings to the character, but he still makes him completely likable.

Also just the idea of family and making that the most important thing. Obviously, every TV series has their last episode, the thing for the audience to be waiting for until the end, and [in Season 1] we’re waiting for him to come face to face with the Reverse Flash, but what we were really waiting for was for him to make that decision about his mom — whether he got to save his mom, or whether he gets his dad out of prison. I think that’s such a cool, powerful thing, and they really did it well, so that’s what drew me to the show.

And now you actually get to be a part of it, which must make it even more satisfying?

Yeah, it’s a strange thing. I was just telling friends of mine, it’s weird now because before, when I got on set, I still saw them as the characters, but now I see everyone as who they are, just as people, because I’ve gotten to know them. [Laughs.] So I’m not sure which I prefer better, because I love getting to know everyone, but I got to have an illusion of everything, so it’s pretty funny being on a show that you’re a fan of.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/flash-w ... 201656189/
- Keiynan Lonsdale adelanta la introducción de Wally West (denofgeek):
Keiynan Lonsdale adelanta la introducción de Wally West
Por Kayti Burt 08/12/2015 at 1:11PM

Australian actor Keiynan Lonsdale will be making his The Flash premiere tonight as Wally West. We chatted with the man himself about what it's been like joining a show he's already a huge fan of, the difficulties inherent in Wally's integration into the West family, and if we will ever see Kid Flash.

Here's what he had to say...

Wally didn't know about his family, either.

Though it's already become very clear that Iris (Candice Patton) and Joe (Jesse L. Martin) were not aware of Wally's existence, it seems that the reverse is also true: Wally didn't know about Iris and Joe. According to Lonsdale: "It’s a shock to him, as well, as it is to the other characters. It’s all new information for everyone involved, except Francine, of course."

Speaking of Francine, Lonsdale confirmed that we will be seeing more of Iris' mom: "Yeah, you’ll be seeing more of Francine going forward," he teased. "And you’ll be seeing a lot more in terms of the West family. That’s where kind of a lot of the drama’s going to be is in that family dynamic. And it’s not an easy one. It’s quite a difficult transition for anyone. And it takes time."

The relationship between Wally and Iris will take time.

Candice Patton was the first member of The Flash cast Lonsdale met, reading with the actress during his audition. This implies that Iris will be the first character from the West family that Wally will come into contact with. What will the relationship be like between Iris and the brother she never knew about?

"The relationship with Iris and Wally is cool and I think it’s going to be laid really nicely for the fans," said Lonsdale. "To forge a bond with family, you need to have gone through a lot of stuff together and it’s really difficult to create an instant connection with anyone, but especially family when they’re kind of thrown into your life, which is what happens with Wally. He’s kind of thrown into a new family and it’s kind of hard for him to accept everyone and accept new people in his life, and Iris is one of those people."

It will not be family at first sight.

Lonsdale elaborated on how complicated Wally's integration into the West family will be, saying that "even though he can tell that these are good people and, if you’re going to be brought into a family, this is a good one to be brought into, he’s really reluctant to open himself up to them because he’s gotta protect himself."

Lonsdale added: "His mom’s sick, and he has lived his whole life without him, so to all of a sudden not be forced, but have them in his life is difficult. And they have to go through some tough experiences in order to really forge a friendship first before even family."

The actor only had praise for how the emotionally-complex storyline has been handled by the writers, who have proven themselves more than adept at crafting compelling domestic drama that sets The Flash apart from so many other shows — both superhero-centric and otherwise — on television.

"I love how the writers have been dealing with it," Lonsdale said. "Because family does take time. And it’s not an easy thing and it’s not something that can be forced, especially if it comes late in life. At this point, they say you can’t choose your family, but when you’ve lived your whole life without them. At this point, you kind of do have the option to choose, and that’s something that we have to deal with. Are they all going to choose each other?"

Wally and Barry have a "kind of sibling rivalry."

The Flash has never shied away from familial dynamics that exist outside of the conservative, traditional idea of what makes up a family — i.e. Barry's (Grant Gustin) place in the West family. But Barry's relationship to Joe certainly complicates Wally's introduction and integration into the family...

"For Wally, it’s almost a bit of rivalry because it’s already difficult to step into a family, but when your place is already kind of filled up by another person who isn’t your blood, he kind of feels like Barry’s gotten the things that he was supposed to get," Lonsdale said. "And I don’t think he’ll admit that. It’s not something he admits to himself, but it’s definitely something that causes some tension. Also, Barry’s such a nice guy that I think it makes it even more difficult for Wally. He wants to dislike this guy, but this guy’s too nice."

It's not just the awkwardness inherent in the fact that Barry was able to grow up with Joe West as a father in a way that Wally wasn't able to that makes this dynamic complex, but the fact that Barry and Wally are "very different people," according to Lonsdale.

"I think is so cool because iot gives them a place to go," Lonsdale said of Barry and Wally's differences. "Obviously, we know in the comic books where that friendship goes in the future — they’re kind of fighting side by side — so to be able to have it start from a place … where there is tension. Yeah, it’s kind of sibling rivalry, I guess."

Wally will interact with Team Flash in "small doses."

Though Lonsdale was sure to stress that there have been no moves made to transition Wally into his Kid Flash superhero alter ego, that doesn't mean Wally won't be getting to interact with the rest of Team Flash — though it will be in "small doses." But it won't always be that way...

"Hopefully — and I’m sure, definitely — that will just continue and build up more and more," Lonsdale said of Wally's potential place on Team Flash. "But, at this point in time, the focus is just on the West family and kind of building those relationships together. And I still don’t know how he’s gonna get his powers. I don’t know how he’s gonna be introduced to the S.T.A.R. Labs team ... I’m not Kid Flash yet, so I’m waiting to see what the suit’s gonna be like, when that eventually comes. I think it will be a while. But it should be really fun."

Wally has a dangerous hobby.

Wally's got to have something to do with all of that non-Team Flash time, right? Apparently, the character is very into drag racing — which creates some tension between Wally, Joe, and Iris. Lonsdale teased: "That’s his thing. So, he’s really got a knack for speed, but it’s kind of challenged with his father being a detective and his sister being a reporter. So, it’s been something that they all have to deal with, again, together."

Will we ever get a Flash musical episode?

OK, enough of this Kid Flash business. Time to talk about the potential musical episode that obviously needs to happen on The Flash given its ultra-talented cast and its ability to pull off even the most bizarre of plot lines. In addition to acting, Lonsdale is a professional dancer and musician. He actually just released an EP of five original songs called "Higher Vol. 1" and one of his first gigs was on Aussie drama Dance Academy.

When asked if there was a possibility of a muscial episode of The Flash, Lonsdale admitted that he has no idea. However, he did comment that he can't help but notice some script mentions that hint at the possibility of Wally having some music-related talents...

"Sometimes, they make little references to things in scripts," Lonsdale said. "And I don’t know if it’s just coincidences or they’re planting seeds. I won’t say what they are, but I feel these writers and the producers, I feel like they plant seeds, so you never know. But I doubt it will be any time soon. Wally is more of a racer than a dancer ... but people have hidden talents."

There's certainly the time for it. Lonsdale has been made a series regular for the second half of the season, which means we'll be getting plenty more Wally moving forward. In Lonsdale's words: "We’ve waited a really long time for Wally, so I would imagine that audiences will get a good dose of him in this back half of the season." Sounds good to us.

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/the-flash/25 ... wally-west
- Keiynan Lonsale: a Wally West no le gusta la relación entre Barry Joe (zap2it):
Keiynan Lonsale: a Wally West no le gusta la relación entre Barry Joe
Por Chris E. Hayner 08 Dic, 2015 11:12 AM

Another potential speedster is arriving on “The Flash” with the introduction of Wally West (Keiynan Lonsdale). Unlike Zoom, Reverse Flash or Jesse Quick though, this one has the potential to shake Barry’s (Grant Gustin) personal life to its very core.

Wally is the son Joe West (Jesse L. Martin) never knew he had and therefore the brother Iris (Candice Patton) has been without her entire life. Given that Barry’s spent most of his childhood and adult years in that role, things are going to be changing dramatically in Central City in the episodes to come.

Speaking to Zap2it, Lonsdale says Wally isn’t exactly sure what to make of the family he never knew existed. “He didn’t know [they were out there], so it’s a surprise to him as well. All this is big news, which is cool,” the actor explains. “You get to watch all these character deal with new situations at the same time and see who can accept it and in what ways.”

Of course, these situations can be quite awkward, especially when you consider Wally’s dad has always seen Barry as his only son.

“Joe is basically Barry’s other father and for Wally to come in and say, ‘Well, Joe is my father,’ it’s interesting for everyone,” Lonsdale teases. “It creates some tensions between Barry and Wally, at least on Wally’s side. He’s trying to find his place in the family, even though in his mind that place is already filled up.”

That attitude could lead to come seriously tense situations in the West family household, as Lonsdale continues, “Even once he may be able to let in Iris and Joe because they’re blood, there’s another person involved in that family who isn’t blood. Technically, according to him, he doesn’t have to let [Barry] in.”

What of Wally’s future as a possible speedster, though?

Lonsdale is quick to say his character doesn’t have powers yet — even if he does like going fast. “He’s a regular kid. He loves racing — drag racing. It’s kind of a dangerous thing he’s gotten himself into.”

Still, the actor admits that becoming Kid Flash is the most likely outcome for his character on the show.

“I believe that’s gotta be where we’re going for Wally and I’m really excited for that to come about. I have no idea how it’s going to come about,” he says. “It’s probably going to be quite a slow burn but I’m just excited to put on the suit. It’s going to be cool.”

“The Flash” airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. You can find Lonsdale on Twitter at @KeiynanLonsdale.

http://zap2it.com/2015/12/the-flash-wal ... kid-flash/
- Liam McIntyre sobre la Season 2, Weather Wizard, ‘Spartacus’, y más (collider):
Liam McIntyre sobre la Season 2, Weather Wizard, ‘Spartacus’, y más
Por Christina Radish 08 Dic, 2015

On the “Running to Stand Still” episode of The CW drama series The Flash, it may be Christmas time, but nothing will stop the Rogues from taking over when Mark Mardon, aka The Weather Wizard (Liam McIntyre), breaks Leonard Snart, aka Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller), and James Jesse, aka The Trickster (Mark Hamill), out of Iron Heights. They team up to attempt to bring down The Flash (Grant Gustin), but when everybody is working for their own agenda, nothing ever turns out as planned.

During this exclusive phone interview with Collider, actor Liam McIntyre talked about how exciting it is to get to play a supervillain, being a big nerd himself, why Mark Mardon thinks his actions are justified, why The Weather Wizard wants to stop The Flash, that the Rogues aren’t exactly at a place yet where they can get along, the surreal experience of working with Wentworth Miller and Mark Hamill, how his powers are evolving, and working with the special effects on this show.

Collider: We last spoke after you had joined Spartacus, which you were great on. Now, it’s so fun to watch you causing some very different trouble on The Flash.

LIAM McINTYRE: I know! It’s so much fun. I can’t tell people how much fun it is to be a super-villain. Being a villain is cool, but being a supervillain is a different level of exciting, especially The Weather Wizard. I keep getting worried, with every episode, that they’ll put too many powers in there and not be able to afford doing the effects for me anymore.

Were you previously a comic book fan, before doing this show?

McINTYRE: I’m a pretty big nerd. That’s something I was trying to keep under wraps during the Spartacus days when I was trying be the tough gladiator. I couldn’t be like, “Yay, comic books!” I brought my PlayStation to Bulgaria with me, while I’m filming a movie, because why not? It’s a bit of a dream come true. It’s unbelievably exciting.

When you got this role, did you always know that there was a change that you could be returning, or had you just talked about that one episode?

McINTYRE: We only talked about that episode, but in talking about it with Greg [Berlanti] and Andrew [Kreisberg], I was like, “I don’t really want to just show up once.” But in researching it, I realized that he’s one of the cooler Rogues. I would have been really sad, if he had been a one-trick villain. Now, we keep bringing him back and it’s worked out, so it’s great.

Do you see Mark Mardon as a villain, or do you see him as someone who’s misunderstood?

McINTYRE: He’s Spartacus, when you see him from the Roman side. Somebody killed his brother. He’s not the best egg, as it were, but they killed his brother. That’s not nothing. One of the things Spartacus taught me, as a show, was that through good writing and good performances, you should like the villains. A lot of actors say that no villain wants to be a villain, generally. They don’t might being evil, maybe, but they have an agenda that they can justify. Otherwise, a little bit of that tension goes, if you’re just a villain and everyone hates you because you’re mean. The heroes journey, like for The Flash or for Spartacus, is harder to achieve because the villain doesn’t make you work for it, in the same way. You’ve got to beat them because you wouldn’t look cool, if you didn’t. Captain Cold is a wonderful example. Obviously, he’s a bad guy, but sometimes he does good things. He’s got a really selfish agenda, but he’s also helpful sometimes. It just makes it harder for you to support the hero blindly and it makes the hero have to be more heroic to get you on board, which is cool. Not that The Weather Wizard is completely sophisticated, but I’d like to think that he really has an agenda that he needs to achieve to make his life right. From that, all of these awful things happen. One of the hardest parts of playing a villain is finding out how you, as a person, can be like, “Yeah, this is totally the right decision. A tsunami that destroys the city? A hundred percent, what I’d do. Totally the right choice.” It’s important to be that angry or that upset, and now that you have this power that you’re still getting a handle on, like The Hulk, this is what happens because I have this power that I otherwise wouldn’t be able to use. It’s interesting.

What can you say about this next episode, “Running to Stand Still,” and why Mark Mardon is wreaking havoc at Christmas time?

McINTYRE: Well, people are always vulnerable when they’re happy. One of the cool things about Mark Mardon and one of the things I like about the episode is that it’s a formative Rogues, starting to work out how working together might feel. You get this wonderful tension between Leonard Snart and Mark Mardon. Mark comes on thinking, “Yeah, you’re a tactical genius, but I’m the boss!” But, not really. So, you get this wonderful tension. Mark, from his point of view, is smart as well as really strong, mixed with his powers. It’s a fun character to play because you know that he’s released by Snart from the prison truck and he’s spent the rest of the time going, “Okay, this Flash guy is ruining all of my plans. If I can’t defeat him, I won’t be able to get what I want.” So, he’s redirected his immediate needs towards stopping The Flash, so that he can take over and run things and get his vengeance. During that time, with all of this stuff that’s been happening to The Flash, after Zoom, The Flash looks like he’s vulnerable, and more vulnerable than he’s been in awhile, and Mark has been studying that. And then, you’ve got a tactical mastermind in Snart and a complete wild card in The Trickster. In his mind, with his leadership, as he sees it, Snart’s genius, and The Trickster’s madness, he’s going to be able to formulate a plan that’s unexpected and effective. You can take The Flash when he’s weak, at a time when people have let their guard down a bit, and hit him hard. That’s how he steps in. He goes, “Let’s do this now. This is the right time.”

Does Mark realize what he’s getting into with these guys?

McINTYRE: Not at all. Not even a bit. It’s one of the most exciting parts of the episode. It’s like Rogues: The Early Years. You get a sense of what the Rogues will be, whenever that happens. You get a group of people, specifically these three characters, who are very confident, arrogant and very able to do the things that they do best, but they also have a sense that they need each other to get some of the big jobs done. Individually, they don’t have the full package. They have this broken, messy family relationship. They kind of get on and are trying to, but they also want to be the one in charge with the biggest sway. It’s a very tense environment, the whole time. Even when you’re on the same side, you don’t know if somebody will change or change the plan. So, going forward, it’s really exciting to have this dynamic between the character where they kind of want to work together, but they’re really bad at it. Every time they come together, you never know what they’re going to get. That always makes good viewing, and it makes for interesting stories. They should actually team up, but that’s surprisingly hard because they want different things. So moving forward, as they try to unite, it will be really difficult, but pleasantly fun to watch, as they come together and fall apart.

I would imagine that it goes a little smoother as characters than as actors, but how is the experience of working with Wentworth Miller and Mark Hamill?

McINTYRE: The most surreal moment in my life, and I don’t think I’ve ever told this story, but Wentworth Miller was in Prison Break and when I started acting, the first paid job I got was for something called Prison Break Live. It was like the scare mazes that they have for Halloween, but themed about Prison Break, for whatever reason. So, I have this weird connection to Wentworth Miller. And then, when I was going for Spartacus, the first thing I saw, after I was told, “Oh, you did a good audition,” was “Wentworth Miller to be the next Spartacus.” I was like, “Wow!” And then, the last thing that happened before I got Spartacus was that Dominic Purcell was going to be the new Spartacus, the weekend before I got it. So, I was finally meeting Wentworth Miller and going, “You don’t understand, I’ve had a real big experience with you.” He’s the sweetest, most intelligent guy. We had some wonderful character conversations about really sophisticated stuff. There’s a reason his character is so loved and so good. The guy has really broken it down, and it shows. It’s really cool.

And with Mark, it’s Mark Hamill. I had a year where I got to work with John Cleese, Mark Hamill, Antonio Banderas and Sir Ben Kingsley, so I’m good. That’s so many of my childhood icons that I can’t even tell you. What I didn’t realize is that Mark is an absolute comic book genius. He’s read them all, he’s got them all, and he knows them all. The first conversation we had was basically like, “So, you’re The Weather Wizard and I’m The Trickster. The relationship we’ve got is this and this. And here’s the relationship we’ve got with Captain Cold.” We were talking about all of the iconic imagery. He’s amazing! And then, as we got to know each other during the show, I learned that he’s just the most lovely guy. It would be two in the morning and he’d be waiting outside his trailer just because there was a group of people that wanted to meet him. He gives up his time so freely. He’s just such a nice man. As a child, you watch Luke Skywalker, who’s this kid who becomes a hero. And then, you meet Mark Hamill and he’s everything you wish he would be, and that’s exciting.

How is it to work with the special effects on this show, especially with your character’s powers not being there?

McINTYRE: It feels really strange to a guy who had done Spartacus for a number of years, where everything was physical and for real. You’re actually hitting people and swinging swords. Now, it’s like, “Do something with your arms and lightning will come out.” I remember the first episode that I got, I have a piece of paper where I wrote down every single arm action for every single weather formation I could think of. I was like, “Okay, this means rain, that means storm, that’s a hurricane, that’s lightning.” I figured that he should have a system, like a bunch of sign language, that makes weather happen. Because I’m so used to a show that had a lot of special effects, but was really visceral and physical, one of the first things I had to do was figure out how to launch a lightning bolt at somebody. I was like, “Do we have the technology to do this? Is this going to look good?” And then, watching that episode, specifically, I was like, “Oh, my god, that looks amazing!” I don’t know how they do it, but The Flash special effects for television are stunning.

Going into this episode, I get to do some new tricks with powers that I haven’t displayed before, which is exciting. But I’m like, “Don’t give me too many because then you won’t be able to afford me anymore with too many special effects!” I get to do a bunch of really cool stuff in this episode, from where they’re going with my powers, and I want to continue because it’s fun. I have to remind myself that it’s not real. For a minute, I’m like, “Do I have superpowers?” It’s the 10-year-old brain where, for a second, you truly believe you have superpowers, but it takes over a hundred people to make that happen. But for one second, I was like, “I don’t want to alarm you, but I actually may have superpowers.” That feeling has got to be the coolest feeling in the world. I’m more used to having superpowers now. I’m not as awe-struck by it. But, there’s some really cool stuff in this episode. The Flash does this really cool thing that’s straight out of the comics in this episode. It’s really awesome!

http://collider.com/liam-mcintyre-the-f ... rk-hamill/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas imágenes bts de Robbie Amell adelanta de nuevo su regreso a "The Flash" (07-08 Dic, 2015):

Imagen Imagen

(@robbieamell: Hello old friend
@robbieamell: Dinner with the ex. @therealvictorgarber)

https://twitter.com/RobbieAmell/status/ ... 4987415552
https://twitter.com/RobbieAmell/status/ ... 7754261504

- Nuevas imágenes bts de la S2 (08-09 Dic 2015):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@teddysears: Flash midseason finaleChristmas episode tonight. Who's excited I mean, besides these two nerds
@HamillHimself: See what frozen tricks we treat you to TONIGHT! 8PM #TheFlash #XmasTrix #MerryTrixmas @CW_TheFlash
@cwtheflash: This isn't just saber-rattling. Mark Hamill returns to #TheFlash with a vengeance on TONIGHT's Winter Finale at 8-7c!
@grantgust: Barry & I
@HamillHimself: My trickster bear Montgomery #XmasTrix #MerryTrixmas
@KeiynanLonsdale: Here we go!!! #TheFlash @CW_TheFlash
@TheRealShantel: Did you know Patty & The Flash were synchronized stuntmen? Next up synchronized swimming! #bts #theflash
@TheRealShantel: Don't worry we hugged it out in the end!! #Forgiveness Awesome to work with @Liam_J_McIntyre #theflash
@TheRealShantel: The tricks are strong with this one! @hamillhimself West-coast you ready for @cwtheflash
@grantgust: With DP extraordinaire, @kimiles, our amazing director @ktanch, Spartacus/Weather Wizard himself, @liam.j.mcintyre & the legendary @hamillhimself. I hope everyone enjoyed the mid season finale. One of my favorite episodes and most fun to shoot)

http://yvrshoots.com/2015/12/shoot-the- ... more-49003
http://yvrshoots.com/2015/12/shoot-the- ... mjLg7-ukWu
http://yvrshoots.com/2015/12/shoot-the- ... mlP4r-ukWu

- Pop Goes the World on Location: The Flash (09-12-15):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Keiynan Lonsdale On Meeting His 'The Flash' Family & Playing Wally West | AccessHollywood:

http://bcove.me/vpxqaz4f

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- The Flash | 2.10 "Potential Energy" Promo | The CW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHPQxVHSu4A

- The Flash | 2.10 "Potential Energy" Extended Promo | The CW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viRp9UfFlYU

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- El cómico Tone Bell será el nuevo jefe de 'Iris' en "The Flash":
CV1WTa_UYAMoCSn.png large.png
El periodismo es una profesión peligrosa en el mundo de “The Flash”, pero eso no parará el que otro intrépido miembro de la prensa entre en el combate en la S2.

Variety nos acaba de informar que el cómico Tone Bell se unirá a la serie en un arco multiepisódico en la segunda mitad de la presente temporada de la serie, aunque no se ha informado aún de en qué episodio debutará.

Bell interpretará a 'Scott Evans', el audaz nuevo editor del Central City Picture News. Devoto al periodismo difícil, Evans empujará a Iris (Candice Patton, con cuya relación tendrá un escabroso inicio, pero cuyo personaje es un potencial interés amoroso para la misma) y a todos sus reporteros a que ahonden más en sus historias y publiquen la verdad sobre lo que está realmente pasando en Central City. Su predecesor en el periódico, Eric Larkin (Tom Butler), fue recientemente asesinado en un enfrentamiento con la villana de Tierra-2 'Dr. Light' (Malese Jow).

Bell actualmente protagoniza “Truth Be Told” de la NBC y ha co-creado y vendido una comedia basada en su vida a FX, la cual protagonizará, escribirá y producirá. Entre sus otros créditos están "Bad Judge" y " Whitney".

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-fla ... 201657834/
http://tvline.com/2015/12/08/the-flash- ... s-romance/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- La CW anuncia la fecha del regreso de sus series:

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Season's (2) Greetings From Tom & Carlos (09-12-15):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- El personaje de DC Comics 'Eliza Harmon' aparecerá en la S2 de "The Flash":
CWTo2ejWIAAWL4t.jpg large.jpg
A falta de un par de semanas para que "The Flash" regrese de su hiatus, ya empiezan a aparecer nuevos detalles de la segunda mitad de la S2.

En esta ocasión, en la columna de Matt Mitovich de TVLine, en donde se ha sabido que el 2016 nos traerá la aparición de un nuevo personaje de DC Comics en el 2.16, 'Eliza Harmon aka Trajectory'.
“Puedo decir que en el Episodio 16, la CW traerá como invitado al personaje de 'Eliza Harmon', cuya encarnación en TV es descrita como una “exceptionalmente brillante científica” con una “personalidad dividida al estilo de Jekyll y Hyde.” En la tradición de DC, Eliza fue una velocista creada por Lex Luthor, hmm….”
La versión de los cómics del personaje tuvo una corta vida, debutando y muriendo en la serie semanal "52" del 2006. Harmon obtuvo sus poderes como parte del proyecto de Lex Luthor "Everyman", aunque considerando que Luthor tiene aún que hacer una aparición en "Arrow" o "Flash," es más que probable que la versión que veamos en la serie consiga sus poderes a través de otros medios (como el Velocity 6, por ejemplo si es que los consigue.

http://tvline.com/2015/12/15/the-100-se ... arke-lexa/

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”