"ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arrow

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arr

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow - Mid-Season Extended Trailer [HD]:

- 'Arrow' Asegura a "Felicity Smoak" como regular para la segunda temporada (etonline.com):
Lo que empezó como un papel de un capítulo con potencial para convertirse en recurrente se ha convertido en un papel a tiempo completo para Emily Bett Rickards, quien ha firmado como regular para la segunda temporada de Arrow.

Un representante de la CW, quien renovó ayer a Arrow para una segunda temporada, así se lo ha confirmado a ETonline.

En menos de 13 episodios, el personaje de Rickards, Felicity, se ha convertido en un favorito de los fans.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/130456_Emily ... index.html

- Stills 1.15 "Dodger":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Emily Bett Rickards Habla sobre Felicity, y la "relación especial" con Oliver (tvfanatic.com):
Emily Bett Rickards Habla sobre Felicity, y la "relación especial" con Oliver
Por Jim Halterman 13 Febrero, 2013 8:55 AM

Attention, Felicity Smoak fans: do NOT miss tonight’s episode of the just-renewed Arrow, as the bespectacled IT girl actually gets out from behind the desk and assists an injured Ollie.

Does this mean we can expect Miss Smoak to get into the vigilante business? What about her obvious crush on Ollie? And which returning character is going to interact with Felicity very soon?

We jumped on the phone with Emily Bett Rickards yesterday to grill her on tonight’s “The Odyssey."

TV Fanatic: Congratulations on the second season renewal!
Emily Bett Rickards: Thank you so much! We’re all really, really stoked! It’s a big compliment to our whole team.

TVF: It was so much fun to see more of Felicity in the action this week. How was that for you?
EBR: For me, I was really, really excited from the first time I got to read it at the table read. For Felicity, I think she’s extremely nervous and a little bit apprehensive. At the end of the episode, we see her conditioning on how this is going to go further and, yeah, she’s nervous but everything makes sense to her about Oliver being who he is.

TVF: Everything she experiences in the episode doesn’t really throw her as much as I would’ve expected. Even Diggle comments on it. Is that just Felicity?
EBR: I think that’s part of it but when I was reading the episode and working on the episode, everything just clarifies. She has a very mathematical and systematic mind and everything just fell into place when she was revealed his big secret. It just clarified a lot!

TVF: We got more of Felicity this week but, of course, is there even more coming either in the show universe or with the comic book background?
EBR: When Felicity comes into the comic world - please correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve done quite a bit of research on her - she’s older than I am in the comics and she’s related to Firestorm and has super abilities, which we’re not doing in the show. So I’m not sure how much it’s going to cross over from the comic books. We definitely get to see her play more in Starling City later in season one and into season two, as well.

TVF: And she probably has a little crush on Oliver. Is that safe to say?
EBR: I think she knows that Oliver is a really good looking human being. [Laughs] Yeah, she has a special relationship with Oliver once that reveal happens. She wants to call him on all his lies and help him become a better Oliver, not just a better vigilante or better Arrow.

TVF: In my viewing of the episode, when he’s in her car, he’s dressed but when she pulls him into the room with Diggle, his shirt is off. What happened in between those two scenes?!
EBR: What happened is she tried to carry him down, he was bleeding and there was blood everywhere. He was shot so they try to fix him up, couldn’t do it, tried to bring him downstairs, he’s really big, I think in the turmoil of getting him from nine flights of stairs [laughs]…and they tried to get him on the table as quickly as possible.

TVF: And in the process his shirt fell off…
EBR: His shirt fell off! Those abs were just crying to get out! [Laughs]

TVF: At this point, what is Felicity’s greatest asset? Is it her mind or something more than that?
EBR: I think she also brings a different dynamic to the group and I think they need it. They’re always stuck in their man-ways. They need someone with an objective point of view who hasn’t had the experience in fighting and potentially killing so she’s not as numb to that. It affects her, too, and I think that’s really dynamic to the group. I think that’s a big asset.

TVF: Will we see her interact with other people in the Arrow cast? So far it’s mostly been Ollie and, in this next episode, Diggle - but any others coming up?
EBR: We have The Huntress coming back and we have some trouble that she gets into with her. We had a great time shooting that with Jess [Jessica de Gouw]. It was a great day on set.

TVF: Do things get physical as far as Felicity having to defend herself or is it more of a verbal thrashing?
EBR: [pause] The Huntress forces her to get some sort of information.

TVF: How are you dealing with the fandom of Arrow as well as the comic book fans? They’re so attentive to the show.
EBR: I’m definitely still getting used to it. I think it’s a really good compliment for our team and the work everyone is really happy to be working on the show. Just the feedback we’re getting from the fans, it’s just so supportive and makes everyone feel that we’re doing the right thing and heading in the right direction. It’s really sweet and we all are very, very grateful!

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/02/arrow- ... z2Kn29XphQ

- ARROW: Emily Bett Rickards Adelanta la nueva misión de Felicity’ en ‘The Odyssey’ (givememyremote.com):
ARROW: Emily Bett Rickards Adelanta la nueva misión de Felicity’ en ‘The Odyssey’
Por Marisa Roffman 12 de Febrero, 2013

Last week, things got a bit tense for ARROW’s Oliver Queen as he confronted his mother (while dressed up in his vigilante outfit) for possibly misleading him and being responsible for his stepfather’s disappearance. Unfortunately, things don’t go so well for Oliver, and he turns to a familiar face for some help.

“[Felicity] is quite shocked to find Oliver in the back of her car, and she was extremely worried [to see him in that condition],” Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity) told me. “But when she finds out, he’s revealed to her [as being this vigilante], everything starts to make sense to her. Everything to do with the ‘energy drinks’ and the arrow and all that good stuff he laid on her in the previous episodes. It’s an exciting journey. It’s called ‘The Odyssey,’ and it’s a very long journey for her, Diggle, and Oliver in tomorrow night’s episode.”

Since Felicity is only the second outsider to be drawn into Oliver’s secret life, Rickards had a little bit of a split mind when she discovered her character would be looped in to this dangerous world.

“Well, reading [the script] as Felicity, I was like, ‘Oh, no,’” she laughed. “Reading it as myself, I was like, ‘This is awesome!’ When we did the table read with John [Behring,] who directed, and the rest of the cast, it was a super exciting table read for all of us. I think Felicity sees herself getting in danger and she has Oliver pretty much dying in the backseat of her car, and she’s never seen anybody die before. That’s number one concern: to save his life. So I think she goes into survival mode for him.”

Equally invested in keeping Oliver alive is Diggle, who until now, was the sole person responsible for the weight of Oliver’s secret.

“That was one of my favorite turns: her and Diggle’s relationship,” Rickards noted. “They start to open up to each other; they have a common ground. They’re both getting to know Oliver, and Oliver’s boundaries, because I think a big part of the show is Oliver’s boundaries and him dealing with them post-island. That’s something they need to talk about and how they can relate to one another, too, so in tomorrow night’s episode, when they’re talking, they’re sharing and they start to trust each other a little more, bit by bit, being in the same relationship with Oliver, which is cool.”

It was during one of Rickards’ scenes with David Ramsey (Diggle) that she actually got to experience one of her favorite moments of the episode.

“My favorite part [of the episode], because I had never shot with a camera with a birds eye view, and I had seen a little bit of it, but working with Diggle, we had this sort of dance [that required that shot,]” she said. “That scene [where we used that angle] was like choreography; I think it’s going to be beautiful. We’re working with an amazing director, so I’m excited to see that. Working with David and having Stephen [Amell (Oliver)] on the counter, trying to figure out where everything is, it was very technical, and emotional and like I said, survival mode. Everything was about survival for Oliver. I’m excited to see how that all turns out.”

Adding to the excitement is the just-announced season 2 pickup for the series.

“We’re really excited,” Rickards gushed. “I got so many texts yesterday from all the cast. Everyone’s really pumped. It’s awesome…I think it’s just a really great compliment to everyone who works on the show — the cast and the crew — and it means a lot to all of us. It puts a really big smile on our faces and gives us confidence for the next season. It’s just proof of what we’re doing, it’s in the right direction and everyone loves what they do on the show. Everyone’s really happy. It’s just nice to have that confidence to keep going.”

And yes, fans can expect to see more of Rickards when the show returns for its second season next year.

“Yes, become a regular,” she confirmed. “That’s going to be very exciting for Felicity — she’s going to get into some trouble, I think.”

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/20 ... e-odyssey/

- Manu Bennett Habla sobre la dualidad de Deathstrokes, y el impactante juego final de Slade Wilson (TVline.com):

Manu Bennett Habla sobre la dualidad de Deathstrokes, y el impactante juego final de Slade Wilson
Por Matt Webb Mitovich 13 Febrero, 2013 11:49 AM PST

The OdysseyTonight on Arrow (The CW, 8/7c), as Oliver flirts with the Grim Reaper in the wake of confronting his mother Moira about failing Starling City, he flashes back to another survival saga, shedding more light on the increasingly murky Deathstroke mystery.

“While Oliver (played by Stephen Amell) is on that table [in the Arrowcave] metaphorically fighting for his life, he’s remembering the things that he was taught on the island to survive,” says Manu Bennett (Spartacus), who plays Slade Wilson.

When last we tuned in, Slade was set to snuff island Oliver, deeming him an unworthy ally, until the billionaire brat showed his captor a glimpse of potential. Now, Slade is training Oliver to be capable enough to assist in overtaking the island airstrip and securing passage home.

This training regimen, however, is not your local fitness club’s Boot Camp class. Says Bennett, “Oliver definitely takes a beating.” The OdysseyBut he also absorbs some key learning about what’s truly important when engaging in battle. “There’s a wonderful scene where he says to me, ‘Why are we learning with sticks? What good are sticks if somebody sticks a gun in my face?’ So I tell him to stick a gun in my face, and he quickly learns the gun is not the weapon; it’s the mind.”

Once Oliver is deemed up to snuff, the men set out on their high-stakes mission. But when Slade lets slip his shocking actual endgame, Oliver balks, putting not just the plan in jeopardy but also their lives — especially when Slade goes toe-to-toe with a friend-turned-foe.

“When Oliver goes off to try to save the day, Slade knows this kid’s going to get himself into trouble, so he ends up going trying to stitch [their individual agendas] together. And in the process he comes face to face with his counterpart — the other guy in the gold-and-black mask,” Bennett shares. “The two Deathstrokes come face to face.”

So is what Slade claimed last week in fact true? That the masked assassin who tortured Oliver in previous flashbacks was not him, but a fellow member of an Australian special ops force?

Bennett chooses his response carefully. “I’ll put it this way: There are two masks. There are two possible Deathstrokes. And in this episode, you’re going to have a bit of a reckoning,” he teases. “The audience will realize which way the story is going. Who is the true man behind the Deathstroke mask?”

http://tvline.com/2013/02/13/arrow-seas ... athstroke/

- Guggenheim Cuenta la historia de los dos Deathstrokes (CBR.com):

Guggenheim Cuenta la historia de los dos Deathstrokes
Por Kiel Phegley 13 de Febrero, 2013

Last Wednesday on The CW's freshman drama "Arrow" – based on DC Comics "Green Arrow" – actor Stephen Amell's Oliver Queen encountered a would be mentor/assassin named Slade Wilson during flashbacks to Ollie's years on an uncharted island. The problem for comic fans is that Slade Wilson – played by actor Manu Bennet – is the alter ego of arch villain Deathstroke, whose split-masked likeness has been stalking the series flashbacks without a word for months.

The twist leads to tonight's new episode "The Odyssey" where Wilson and Queen will team up to attempt an escape of the island while in the present, things progress with modern Ollie's continued quest for justice as Starling City's hooded vigilante. And while the question of both a Slade Wilson and a Deathstroke is explored on screen, DC will release it's latest digital comics chapter of "Arrow," revealing the mercenary's origin.

For some history and some clues on the future of their version of Deathstroke, CBR News spoke with "Arrow" executive producer and show runner Marc Guggenheim. Below, the writer explains how they took the DCU heavyweight from comics to screen, why the tone and arc of "Arrow" necessitated a change in Slade's origins and what the show's second season pick up portents for the season finale all while showing off an exclusive look at the Deathstroke costume design.

CBR News: Marc, I've got to say that since I have to follow the ins and outs of "Arrow" for this job, I usually am up on the casting news surrounding any episode. But I hadn't seen a photo of Manu Bennett yet, and so when the reveal hit in last week's episode, it caught me by surprise that he was supposed to be Slade even though we'd already met Deathstroke.

Marc Guggenheim: That's great. The thing about that was that we originally wanted to keep his identity a secret. In fact, when we were filming we sent out script pages and called the character something different than "Wilson" so we could really keep it a secret. But then once we cast Manu, we had to put out a press release and that, and it became much harder to keep it a surprise. I'm glad to hear it still played in the body of the episode. That's nice to hear.

How did you light upon using Deathstroke to begin with? The character seems a good fit for this version of Green Arrow, but he's not necessarily a GA villain. When did you decide to work him into the proceedings?

Honestly, it all goes back to Geoff Johns. You're right. Deathstroke is not synonymous with Green Arrow, but during the scripting of the pilot, Geoff suggested, "Wouldn't it be cool if when we're on the island as we begin, we see some artifact that ties into the comic? What if it was Deathstroke's mask?" And Andrew [Kreisberg] and I just said, "Done." It was a no brainer. So it was Geoff's idea, and then that mask caught a lot of people's attention. We made the decision to bring Deathstroke in during episode five. I think that we weren't quite sure how successful the character would be. I've got to give a lot of credit to our costume designer Maya Mani. She went through design after design to really get the look right. Especially on a TV budget and a TV schedule, that is a hard costume to get right.

And when he appears in episode five, we felt that not only did Deathstroke work, but it was also our biggest island episode to date. That really had us thinking more in terms of story for him, and Twitter would light up whenever Deathstroke would show up on screen. Our plan from jump was that the guy beneath the mask was not Slade Wilson. We always knew that we'd introduce Slade Wilson later in the body of the series. And as with most things "Arrow," we ended up doing that sooner than we expected. So then we went through the casting process and saw like a bajillion actors for the role. Manu was so strong that we really had to make a choice. Do we pick someone with a heavy New Zealand accent knowing that Slade Wilson was American in the comics, or do we just go with the best actor for the role? We went with the best actor for the role, and his performance has just grown by leaps and bounds with each new episode. He's really terrific in Wednesday night's episode, and he's a real high point in episode 15, which is the most recent episode we've completed. You'll be seeing a lot more of him. He's a lot of fun to have on the show and a lot of fun to write for.

Since you knew you wanted to split Deathstroke and Slade at this point in your story, what were the things you felt you absolutely had to have as part of the character from the comics?

I think with respect to Deathstroke, getting the look of the costume right was very important to us. Losing the buccaneer boots and some of the gaudier aspects of the costume helped keep it in line with our grounded approach. But at the same time, we worked on maintaining the lines and the iconography of the original George Perez design. In fact, if you look carefully at the Deathstroke costume – and I know that's hard because he's always in motion – he's wearing a kind of kevlar element where the lines of it actually match the lines of the comic book costume. So there were some very subtle ways that we wanted to keep the character true to the look established way back in "New Teen Titans" #2.

And with respect to Slade, we realized that even if he's not American...well, you'll definitely want to tune in on Wednesday because there are a lot of little Easter Eggs for the fans who are familiar with Slade's backstory. I don't want to spoil too much of it, but in making Slade someone who is a military guy and giving him a family history that is familiar to the comic fans, it all helps the character be true to his roots.

And the swords don't hurt either, I bet.

No. And the swords were actually a very big piece of it. You'll want to see that in episode 14 on Wednesday. I don't think I'm spoiling anything to say that we've been working up to a confrontation between Deathstroke and Slade Wilson, and the question becomes how and when will that happen. I think it'll be a fun moment for fans.

This is also the first week Deathstroke shows up in the comic tie-in online. At the start of the show, you were obviously just writing scripts for TV, but at this point are you breaking ideas for comic tie-ins as you work on episodes in the writer's room?

To the extent we can. Obviously, we have to work around artist's schedules, but I will say that now that we know we're doing the digital comic, for example, I wrote a chapter that Mike Grell is drawing right now that introduces a character who later appears in the television series. That's all very intentional. We're able to make the two speak to each other very closely. That's a lot of fun. You only have 42 minutes to tell the story, and so a lot of stuff ends up on the editing room floor. You just don't have the chance to explain a lot of the stuff you want to explain. Comics are really helpful for that. We're able to add in a lot. The chapter Mike is working on right now is called "The Pieces Missing," and it's just full of little moments in the story of Oliver and Diggle over the first six episodes that we didn't get a chance to do on the phone but I thought were really important. For example, in the pilot Oliver knocks Diggle out with a choke hold. We always wanted to have Diggle call him on it in episode two, but we tried to do so many other things there that we didn't get a chance to film it. So I got to put that scene in the digital comic. It's extra material for fans of the show. And also with comic books, even with the chapters that don't tie directly into the show's episodes, we try to tell stories that take advantage of comics unlimited budget.

In this week's installment of the comic, you're playing more directly into the episode, right?

It's actually the perfect digital chapter because it shows how strongly we're tying the comic in with the TV show. In this week's episode, you'll hear this whole back story that Slade tells about how he got on the island, and the comic book actually dramatizes it. If you want, you can read it before the show airs and get a chance to visualize it, or you can read after the show and see it tie in the comic pretty strongly.

Lastly, I probably should have mentioned this at the top of the call, but it's very new news...congratulations on a second season pickup!

Thank you! We're really, really excited. We just got the news shortly before it broke on the internet, and so we're still reacting. We kind of expected a second season, and we were planning on one, but I've got to say that the timing really took us by surprise pleasantly so.

We've been watching two stories all season between the modern day battles against Merlyn in Starling City and Ollie's time on the island. I assume those two ends are going to connect at some point. How does having a definite Season 2 on the horizon impact how you'll craft those stories through the finale this year?

Quite frankly, it doesn't change our plans for the end of the season since, like I said, we were planning things with a second season in mind. It really doesn't alter our plans one iota because we've always planned in Season 1 to build to two big moments – one in the present day and one in the flashback. We don't necessarily build a question between what's happening on the island and what's up with Merlyn in the present day, and we actually dismissed that as an option early on in the season in the writer's room because we felt like that'd be too much of a coincidence. The connection between the present day and the flashbacks will stay, like we've been doing, thematic in nature. But hopefully these two big moments we're building to will resonate with each other because that's how they're designed.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=43730

- Manu Bennett Habla sobre Slade Wilson y dos Deathstrokes (ksitetv.com):

Manu Bennett Habla sobre Slade Wilson y dos Deathstrokes
Por Craig Byrne 13 Febrero, 2013

The OdysseyAlready a huge fan favorite for his role as Crixus in Spartacus, Manu Bennett has a huge episode of Arrow tonight where we get a major focus on flashbacks to his time on the island with Oliver (Stephen Amell) in “The Odyssey.” The episode promises more training between Oliver and Slade, some great character moments, action, and…. Deathstroke vs. Deathstroke?!?!

Mr. Bennett spoke with us this morning about his role and what we can expect from Slade tonight.

For those who didn’t see his first appearance, Slade came to the island in an operation that was organized by the Australian intelligence and Special Forces. As it is explained in the episode, Slade had a partner in the operation, revealed tonight as “Billy,” and we will also learn that “Billy” is also a character that fans of DC Comics should know. “They were shot down over the island before they could even get there and do their operation,” Bennett explains. “They were captured by Fyers, and they were supposedly tortured, and in his last act of survival, Billy accepted to join with Fyers and Slade didn’t. He escaped, and now he’s kind of like a one-man operation, and his partner, as we find out in this episode, is Deathstroke Mask Number Two. Or Number One, depending on which way you want to look at it and the order the viewers or the audience have seen it,” he teases. Bennett feels that the battle of two Deathstrokes will be “interesting” because it will keep fans guessing who “Deathstroke” really is.

The OdysseyWe also get some backstory for Slade within, including a reference to a son named Joe. Is this truth, or just a story Slade is telling Oliver? “Well, that’s what he says,” Manu says, revealing that he hasn’t been given any instructions on Slade’s background or future – and that’s exactly how he likes it. “I think the elements of this series as they unfold, it’s a bit like Spartacus, and the same as [being] an actor in Spartacus. I would like to receive my scripts page by page because they give you the life you’re living; not the life you had, or the life that’s coming into the future, because sometimes those things can make you make choices in the present that aren’t the things you would do naturally. There’s a lot of mystery to this series. It’s all about the mystery. We’ll just keep on turning it out, to match what our producers and directors have shaped us to be as an audience experience. I have the job of playing the character I’m given,” he says. In fact, when he took the role, he thought he was signed on to play a character named “Holloway.”

deathstroke“I pretty much was signed on to this show as a character called ‘Holloway,’ and when I arrived at the airport, I was sent a text from my manager saying that I was to play Deathstroke, and I thought ‘they’ve got it wrong.’ I said it out loud; I said ‘Who’s Deathstroke?’ and the guy at the customs counter went ‘oh, you’re playing Deathstroke? He’s like the bad ass of the DC Comic world!’ I suddenly got all these ideas in my head. I looked at the computer, and saw the images and some stuff about Deathstroke. Then I was handed the script, and I [see] it’s this guy on an island who’s looking out for this kid,” he says.

“I’m glad I didn’t try to perpetrate some sort of preconditioned Deathstroke, because I don’t think that that’s what the directors and writers have wanted at this point in the show,” he explains. “I’m just playing it to be, I guess, what would be the emotional reality of the scenes, as we’re approaching it through the script. I mean, there are two Deathstrokes in this particular episode, so the audience will be kept guessing which way the choice of Deathstroke will go. Right now, I’m just playing Slade Wilson, a soldier who has decided to help a young kid survive on the island, and that young kid is going to be who you learn to be Arrow in the future. What Arrow learns, he learned from Slade Wilson. Whether that’s going to lead to an ultimate collision between the two of them is a script yet to be seen.”

The OdysseyIt was easy for Bennett and Stephen Amell to get used to working with one another, as they had first interacted in New Zealand, when Amell auditioned for Spartacus. “Steve’s great. I met Steve in New Zealand; he came to us and read for Spartacus, when Andy Whitfield said that they should go ahead with the show and cast a new Spartacus, so I met Steve then, and we had a good rapport in New Zealand. It’s one of those things where the wheels keep on turning and the circles meet yet again somewhere,” Manu says. Their paths crossed again this past Summer when both were in San Diego for Comic-Con. “There’s already this basis of friendship there, so we fell into it pretty easily. He’s really doing some great stuff. I think in this particular episode, he and I put it to each other to really go through not only the challenges of Slade and Oliver having it out on the island and going through the processes of ramping things up, but I think Stephen and I manage to ramp up, hopefully, what is some of the dramatic content of the series,” he says.

The OdysseyAlso related to Spartacus, Manu points out that Slade and his fighting style are purposely very different from what you’d see on Spartacus with Crixus. “One of the things that they brought to my attention in joining this show, was that they didn’t want Crixus,” he says. “They didn’t want the image of Crixus and his huge sword strokes in the arena. This is all about speed; it’s all about hand to hand combat. It’s about getting things over and done with as fast as possible. That’s got a lot to do with martial arts. We’re using fighting sticks, and there’s one particular moment where I’m teaching him how to move with the fighting sticks, and I’m hitting him, and making him frustrated, because he just can’t keep up with it. He turns and says ‘what the hell are we doing with fighting sticks? What if somebody points a gun in my face?’ I say ‘why don’t you point a gun in my face.’ The audience will find out in a matter of split seconds what a mistake that was,” he laughs. “That’s how Oliver learns. That’s why he comes back to the city five years later and he can do what he does. He learned it from Slade Wilson, possibly Deathstroke himself.”

Ultimately, Bennett feels that “The Odyssey” is a “wonderful point in the birth of one of [fans'] favorite characters.” “The Deathstroke character is kind of really put to question in this particular episode, because literally, Deathstroke ends up fighting Deathstroke, and they have quite an interesting battle in tonight’s episode,” he teases.

“This show is all about ramping up what’s happening on the island, and I think at this point in the season, it’s just starting to ramp up. It’s like in Spartacus, the more you went along, the better it got, you know? You get wound up in the characters and the relationships, and the writers just keep reeling it in. It’s like bringing in your marlin. It’s getting close and it’s jumping out of the water, and you’re really enjoying the experience. This is the time for the audience to get their satisfaction from the series, from here on in,” he promises.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/interview-m ... okes/13420

- Twitter oficial de Willa Holland:

https://twitter.com/Willaaaah

- Imágenes BTS (13/02/13):

Imagen Imagen

(Thanks to @Willaaaah, @amellywood)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Promo stills 1.16 "Death to rights":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Arrow Producer's Preview 1.14 - The Odyssey:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 1.15 Promo "Dodger" (HD):

- Arrow Extended Promo 1.15 - Dodger [HD]:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Añadidos los rátings y enlaces del 1.14 "The Odyssey" y los enlaces en español del 1.11 "Trust but verify", Puedes encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow : Stunts: Shield Fight:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Bryan Q. Miller se une al equipo de escritores de "Arrow" en el episodio 1.19:
Imagen

Una vez más, Marc Guggenheim ha revelado el título del episodio 19 de "Arrow" junto con los créditos y, con ello, ha desvelado que uno de los escritores favoritos de Smallville y de los cómics (también autor de los cómics de Smallville), Bryan Q. Miller es co-escritor en este episodio.

1.19 “Unfinished Business”, escrito por Bryan Q. Miller & Lindsey Allen y dirigido por Michael Offer.

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/ ... 16/photo/1

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Colton Haynes habla sobre 'Arrow': Además, Stephen Amell y Willa Holland sopesan el lugar de Roy Harper en Starling City (zap-2-it):
Colton Haynes habla sobre 'Arrow': Además, Stephen Amell y Willa Holland sopesan el lugar de Roy Harper en Starling City
Por Carina Adly MacKenzie 19 de Febrero, 2013 10:09 AM ET

Like most Colton Haynes fans, we were bummed to hear that he wouldn't be returning to "Teen Wolf" for Season 3; his character moves away in the four-month time-jump after Season 2. But after spending a little time with Haynes on the "Arrow" set this month, we're no longer disappointed -- we're just incredibly excited to see the impact that his character, Roy Harper, will have on Oliver Queen and his cohorts.

In the comic books on which "Arrow" is based, Roy Harper is known as "Speedy," the Green Arrow's sidekick, and later he becomes the Red Arrow. He's an orphan, introduced to archery by a Navajo medicine man, and he becomes an asset to Oliver until he's sidelined by a heroin addiction. Obviously, the "Arrow" version of Roy is updated and reimagined, as all DC characters are when they appear in The CW show.

When we meet Roy in Wednesday's episode, "Dodger," he's not exactly on the up-and-up. "Roy is a very troubled soul," Haynes tells us. "He's definitely not brought up in a very good part of town; he's from a place called The Glades. It's a down-and-out, really poor neighborhood, so in order for Roy to move forward in the world he has to make some really bad decisions and do some very bad things."

Very bad things, including purse-snatching. In fact, he and Thea (Willa Holland) are introduced when he tries to steal her bag. "I think that's a good way to meet someone!" Colton jokes. "You steal their purse, you can kind of see what they have in there, and it's only uphill from there. You get the bad stuff out of the way first."

"That's totally how lovers meet," jokes Holland. "Somebody jacks your purse on the street, you go chasing after him, and then la-de-da! Cupid!" In addition to literally chasing Roy, though, Thea will be figuratively chasing him. Despite their less-than-ideal first encounter, she's intrigued by him, and Holland tells us that we'll see Thea make an attempt to win Roy over and convince him that she's more than just some brainless rich girl.

On Roy's part, his interactions with the wealthy, powerful folks of Starling City have mostly been limited to petty crime, so when Thea Queen starts to insert herself into his life, he sees a bit of an opportunity. "It starts to weigh on his mind that there could be a possibility of maybe getting into that world one day," Haynes says. "At the same time, he's not used to it. His 'normal' is being from the ghetto, in a sense. This all is just added trouble for him, because he wants to live this life that he's been living, and now he's starting to feel like someone might care about him."

In the comic books, Ray is an orphan who is actually adopted by Oliver when they team up. Though the "Arrow" version of Oliver obviously isn't in any place to be a father, he might be positioned to be a positive influence on Roy's life. Roy has a lot to learn before Oliver sees any sidekick potential in him.

"I think Roy could definitely be an asset to Oliver's life, but I think in a way it could also be the other way around," says Haynes. "Oliver could have a lot of influence on the way that Roy sees life from here on out."

Initially, though, most of Roy's interactions are with Thea -- when we visited the set, Haynes hadn't shot any scenes with Stephen Amell yet.

"I have an interaction with him coming up in an upcoming episode, but not necessarily as Oliver," Amell teases, hinting that the Arrow might have a few words with Roy. "Colton's character Roy, at his core, is a good person, but what we're starting to learn ... is there's a fundamental problem with The Glades. Oliver's warehouse is in The Glades, his club, by coincidence -- not -- is in the Glades. We heard a lot about it, all the way back into the pilot, where Tommy takes me to see my father's factory so I can scout the location, and he just says, 'This city's gone to crap.' One of the things that we're learning with the undertaking [and] Colton's character, is everything is kind of leading to The Glades."

Tune in Wednesday night at 8 p.m. EST on The CW. In the meantime, watch our video interviews with Colton Haynes, Stephen Amell, and Willa Holland below:

http://www.zap2it.com/videogallery/7447 ... s-and-more

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... ace-i.html?

- ¿Se unirá Will Felicity Smoak a la banda de Scooby a tiempo completo? (TVGuide.com):
¿Se unirá Will Felicity Smoak a la banda de Scooby a tiempo completo?
Por Natalie Abrams 19 de Febrero, 2013 09:26 PM ET

Oliver Queen's big secret is just a little less secret these days.

Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards), Queen Consolidated's go-to IT gal, has joined the ranks of those in the know that the billionaire playboy (Stephen Amell) is actually the vigilante dubbed The Hood, otherwise known as Arrow's titular character. But there's a catch: She will only help Oliver and Diggle (David Ramsey) with matters pertaining to locating Walter (Colin Salmon). But considering Rickards was just promoted to series regular, it looks like she'll be joining the Scooby Gang full-time. How will that affect her relationship with Oliver? TVGuide.com turned to Rickards to get the scoop:

Congratulations on being promoted to series regular! How excited were you when you found out?
Emily Bett Rickards: Oh my gosh, I was beside myself. I was really flattered. We're all excited to get a second season.

Felicity has sort of joined the Scooby Gang, even though she's only doing it to help track down Walter. What will her role in the group look like now?
Rickards: It creates a certain dynamic that was different from what Olivier and Diggle had because she's the polar opposite of Diggle in a sense that she hasn't seen anyone die and this isn't actually her regular day job. Her role now is to help them solve different crimes in Starling City as well as creating a different balance to the group that the audience, and Olivier and Diggle, will enjoy as well. She's got that awkward, quirky spunk. As much as she's socially inadequate, she's always so gung-ho to hack into something. She's really smart. I find her emotional depth and her emotional capacity interesting because she's so socially awkward.

Will we get to see her in the field since her forte is more about working with computers?
Rickards: We do see a little bit of that in Wednesday's episode. She does get into a little bit of trouble coming along with Diggle and Oliver to the scene of the crime, if you will. But she does stay in the Foundry with the computers and helps him that way as well. We'll get a little taste of it and hopefully a little more in the future too.

She set boundaries in saying she's only helping when it comes to Walter, but will we see those lines begin to blur?
Rickards: Her lines won't necessarily blur, but they start to shift. They start to change over the course of getting deeper and deeper into it. As soon as you witness some of the seedy things happening, you can't un-witness them. There's an innocence that's lost. She's doing this to find Walter. She has strict morals. She doesn't want to see good people get hurt and die. She starts to have more respect for what they're doing because they're trying to protect the city. [But] there's the question always in her mind: Who am I becoming? Should we be giving these people a chance to redeem themselves?

What can you tease about the obstacles they'll face when it comes to hunting Walter down?
Rickards: There are no clues; there are no hints. I think she hopes that going through the list and helping Oliver and Diggle that something will pop up. She feels like it's all connected and as the episodes go on, you start to see how much things are connected. Even though her role expands and she stays in it to help Starling City as well, she's just hoping that a clue will pop up and it'll show where he is. But there's nothing yet.

Not sure if you've seen the Internet chatter, but everyone has been talking about the chemistry between Felicity and Oliver.
Rickards: Yes, Olicity, I think it is. [Laughs]

How will their relationship change now?
Rickards: It's hard to say if there's going to be a love interest/crush/relationship, but the relationship definitely starts to change. Oliver has a lot of walls, but with the biggest wall down and that secret out there — even though he still has secrets from everyone — it allows Felicity to see Oliver more clearly. Now they can be a little bit more open with each other and that's bound to change something in their relationship.

How will she feel about The Huntress (Jessica de Gouw) coming back into the picture since that means Felicity isn't the only woman in Oliver's life who knows his secret?
Rickards: How the Huntress comes back is a really fun and interesting episode. It's very action-packed. It was such a fun episode to shoot. I think Felicity is questioning her. She doesn't really understand who The Huntress is or where she came from. How does she know and I didn't know about her?! There's also the underlying fear because The Huntress is very intimidating.

Will we get to learn more about Felicity's background?
Rickards: We don't get to see too much about her background yet. We do get to see a vulnerable side to her when she starts getting deeper into these activities with Oliver and Diggle. She is a brilliant, but normal woman who is quite shocked by what she's seeing and still doesn't know whether it's right or wrong. Hopefully we'll get to learn more about Felicity soon. We do have Season 2!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Emily ... 61194.aspx

- Janina Gavankar habla sobre la nueva y 'brillante' relación de McKenna y Oliver y su hstoria casual (zap-2-it.com):
Janina Gavankar habla sobre la nueva y 'brillante' relación de McKenna y Oliver y su hstoria casual
Por Carina Adly MacKenzie 20 de Febrero, 2013 5:56 AM ET

At first glance, Wednesday nights on The CW may seem powered by testosterone, and indeed, the tough guys are the ones all over the billboards. But "Arrow" is proving, episode after episode, that dude-driven television doesn't have to be peppered with disposable, underdeveloped female characters. In fact, the women on "Arrow," from Oliver's deceptive mother, Moira, to his quirky IT sidekick, Felicity, are just as capable and cunning as the vigilante himself.

"True Blood" star Janina Gavankar's McKenna Hall is another example an empowered female on the show. McKenna, a vice cop with the Starling City police force, was recently introduced as a returning face from Oliver's past.

In tonight's new episode, "Dodger," Oliver gives their romance another go when he asks her out on a date. Things are complicated (to put it mildly) by McKenna being assigned to the task force out to apprehend the vigilante, but she's willing to give Oliver a chance.

"She's had this wild past, but she's a grown up," Gavankar told us when we visited her on set recently. "By the time they reconnect, they're both in very [different] places than who they were in the past. I think that's why they have an understanding. She's an incredibly intuitive girl; there's a reason why she's a detective. She's an observer, which tells you that Ollie is incredibly good at staying undercover, for this girl not to notice that he happens to be the vigilante. That's what I really like about her. She's a strong, independent, grown lady."

Gavankar admits to geeking out over her character a little -- she's put some serious thought into McKenna's backstory and just what kind of history she shares with Oliver. While their paths crossed a few times during his d-bag playboy days, she never saw a legitimate future with him.

"She comes from a family of cops; she's always thought she would always be blue collar," Gavankar says, noting that McKenna's life doesn't have the glamour that Oliver's does, at all. "When you meet somebody like Oliver Queen in the club and he actually takes a liking to you, you're like 'Screw it! I'm totally going to have some fun with this guy! We're definitely not going to end up together but whatever, at least one day I'll be able to say that I dated Oliver Queen. And I'm going to tell all of my girlfriends everything.' You know? So that's what I feel their past was. Nothing serious, and she never expected that they would ever connect in a real way."

That said, things are definitely different now. While Oliver can't make love a priority for many reasons (which we spoke to Stephen Amell about, as well), he isn't necessarily the love-them-and-leave-them guy that he was in the past. Could his date with McKenna turn into a more serious relationship?

"He has changed a lot, and she does have this moment when she thinks back, and she goes, 'I always loved how much you loved your sister,'" Gavankar muses. "So even back then she saw something real and grounded in him. I think McKenna has always seen a little of the softer, what-could-be side of Oliver. I mean, if he stays that way, who wouldn't fall for that?"

One nice thing about this particular pairing is that, unlike many of the other people in his life, McKenna isn't demanding of Oliver's time. She's not worried about him showing up late to dinner or ducking out of fancy events early. "I think the reason that they ever would be okay together in the future is that because McKenna is independent and incredibly career-driven, she has no problem with a guy who is busy," Gavankar says. "In fact -- thank you, please stay out of my way, I gotta work. Mama's got to pay the bills."

Somehow, though, they will find time to be together, and McKenna allows herself a moment to enjoy it. "He's got that face, and he holds her in a certain way, and it feels good," she says. "They're shiny for each other, you know?"

Video: http://www.zap2it.com/videogallery/7448 ... a-Gavankar

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... story.html?

- La favorita de Arrow sobre el la sexy renovación de Felicity, ser la ayudante de Oliver, su página de Wiki de DC y más (TVLine.com):
La favorita de Arrow sobre el la sexy renovación de Felicity, ser la ayudante de Oliver, su página de Wiki de DC y más
Por Matt Webb Mitovich 20 de February, 2013 06:59 AM PST

What did Emily Bett Rickards – who plays Arrow‘s super-high-tech, gadget-loving, computer-savvy Felicity Smoak — splurge on upon being promoted to a series regular? “I went out and got a few records for my turntable,” she tells TVLine. “Kinda nerdy, I know!”

Even a week after she earned her upgrade on the CW hit (airing Wednesdays at 8/7c), Rickards says, “I’m still beside myself,” having signed on as just a day player all those months ago. “It’s a roller coaster I never want to get off of.”

In fact, when I present the actress with an amusing piece of DC Comics’ official wiki description for Felicity Smoak — “She possesses the strength level of a woman her age, size and weight who engages in regular moderate exercise” — it turns out she knows the words all too well, having done research upon her hire. “I was like, ‘Well, that’s just great,’” she shares with a laugh. “But I went for a run this morning, so I’d call that ‘regular, moderate exercise. ‘And I’m pretty strong for my 5-foot-5 average woman height!”

Here, Rickards previews what Arrow and Arrow have on tap for Felicity, the latest addition to Oliver’s super-secret baddie-bopping team.The Odyssey

LAIR PLAYER | Rickards affirms that for the time being, Felicity “is focused on helping Walter and helping Oliver not get trapped in this lifestyle…. She doesn’t want innocent people to get hurt.” In that capacity, “Hopefully, she can be the ‘conscience’ of the group, even though she’s not so great at giving advice.”

EXTREME MAKEOVER | As seen in the photo above, when Arrow’s mission this week includes trying to thwart a thief dubbed The Dodger (Battlestar’s James Callis), Felicity “gets to go out ‘in the field’ at an art auction,” Rickards says. “So the idea is that Oliver went out and gt her a dress and heels,” Pretty Woman-style, for the assignment. Of the temporary transformation, “We could safely say this is the first time, ever,” Ms. Smoak has gotten so dolled up, Rickards ventures. Alas, along the way she picks up an unsolicited accessory — a collar with a built-in bomb. “She’s got to try and stay level-headed facing the possibility of being decapitated,” Rickards says, “which isn’t the easiest thing in the world!”

SPEEDY DELIVERY | Though not a part of Felicity’s storyline, Teen Wolf’s Colton Haynes joins Arrow tonight as Roy Harper aka he who is fated to be Speedy. “You will see him come in and be a love interest for Thea, which will be a really nice part of he show,” Rickards says.

PLAYING CUPID FOR ARROW | Believing that any time Oliver can “get out of his lair, that dark hole of a dungeon” is a good time, Felicity “gets to be a bit of a wingman” for her boss, at first pointing him at vice cop McKenna Hall (played by Janina Gavankar) — occupational conflicts be damned. “We have Diggle saying, ‘That’s going to be a problem,’ but Felicity says, ‘Go out! Go have fun!’”

IT’S JUST… A LITTLE CRUSH? | Rickards says that Felicity herself is quite single, only “madly in love with her keyboard” — for now. As for those who see chemistry between the geeky gal and beefcakey Oliver, she concedes there’s possibly always been a crush there. “When she was introduced to him in Episode 3, she was like, ‘Of course I know who you are! You’re the millionaire’s son who’s a total babe.’ It doesn’t ever pass her by that he’s an extremely good-looking man. So if the storyline ever decides to go that way, it wouldn’t be far-fetched at all.”

http://tvline.com/2013/02/20/arrow-spoi ... ty-oliver/

- Colton Haynes sobre la evolución de Roy Harper, su deseo de estar en ELLEN, y más (givememyremote.com):
Colton Haynes sobre la evolución de Roy Harper, su deseo de estar en ELLEN, y más
Por Marisa Roffman 20 de Febrero, 2013

Another DC character makes his way into the ARROW universe tonight — Roy Harper!

I spoke with Colton Haynes (Roy) about joining ARROW, his character’s romance with Thea, and…loving THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW?!

What can you tease about how viewers are introduced to Roy Harper?
Colton Haynes: Roy is introduced in a very romantic way — he steals Thea’s purse. [Laughs] He’s introduced in a way that is pretty much exactly how he is.

What is his relationship with Thea like?
CH: I think Thea’s very fascinated by him, because he’s one of the only people who has that personality of, “I’m going to do what I want and you’re not going to get in my way.” And they’re both very rebellious. He isn’t paying attention to her at all until she keeps showing up. And obviously he sees her as a beautiful young girl, but he doesn’t see anything past that until she keeps presenting herself at his doorstep.

She’s persistent!
CH: She’s very persistent! She’s wanting to know why he’s such a jerk to her.

Do we see Oliver and Roy get to interact in tonight’s episode?
CH: Not in tonight’s episode, but one of the next episodes in the very near future. [Laughs]

How many episodes have you actually shot so far?
CH: I’ve done three so far, and they’ve been awesome. It’s been awesome; it’s been a blast. Hopefully I’ll be in a lot more in the future.

Have they talked with you about the arc for Roy, and whether that might extend into the just-announced season 2?
CH: They’ve definitely talked about it. Whether or not it will happen, that’s still a possibility. I think they’ve got such a great arc for Roy Harper. The Roy Harper you’re going to see in tonight’s episode is not going to be the Roy Harper you see in a few episodes a few weeks for now. I think that will be fun for the fans of the show: to see the different, almost multiple personalities, of Roy Harper. Because he’s definitely going to lead you on the path of thinking he’s going one way, but he’s eventually going to surprise you.

Were you familiar with the character before you joined the show?
CH: Thanks to my amazing older brother, Clinton, he’s a big comic book fan, and he gave me the rundown; he gave me the lay of the land. The fans are wondering whether Roy is going to become Speedy or Arsenal or Red Arrow. And that’s still unsure, but I have an idea of how my character arc is going to present itself.

Do you like that there are so many possibilities for where this character can go from what’s out there already, or is a part of you hoping they go in a completely different direction with him?
CH: Well, there’s different interpretations. There’s different things Roy could become, and that’s fascinating. I was a huge fan of the show ARROW before I started working on it, but with the comics, there’s so many different things that Roy gets himself into, whether it’s drug use, and I believe one of the versions of Roy is HIV+. Which is interesting. So I think there’s a lot of different ways. It’s cool that they’re slowing bringing Roy into the ARROW universe, and they’re doing an awesome job at it.

Speaking of bringing Roy into the ARROW universe, do you have scenes with non-Queen characters?
CH: Well, I have a great interrogation scene tonight with Paul Blackthorne, who plans Detective Lance. I actually worked with him in the past on a show called THE GATES. I worked with four people on ARROW who were on THE GATES with me. It was fun to see them and catch up. Roy just gets in a lot of trouble and he’s eventually going to be around all the characters. It’s going to be a promising situation.

Detective Lance has zeroed in on The Hood…will Roy be under as strict scrutiny from Lance, too?
CH: Well, in the first thing you’re going to see tonight, Detective Lance is not going to be happy with Roy…but then Roy [relays] information to him that makes Detective Lance have a soft spot for him in a way. Or, you’re not quite sure if he’s lying to him or not. So, I think Roy Harper starts to fly under Detective Lance’s radar until a few episodes in the future.

Interesting. Do you have a favorite episode you’ve filmed so far?
CH: We just filmed — 1×18 is the one I just finished and I got to do a lot of really amazing things with Willa [Holland], who plays Thea. It’s cool to play Roy Harper in this…instead of him being this jerk, they’ve given him a heart. That’s really cool, because it’s giving a lot of different feelings for Thea and making people think maybe Roy isn’t this huge troublemaker; maybe there’s more to him than that. So 1×18 was awesome to film.

Is it a full-on romance for those two in what you’ve filmed? Or are they still in the middle of a will-they-won’t-they?
CH: Well, at the beginning, it’s kind of like when you were younger: if you bully someone, it might mean you like them. So I think it’s that case — I’m going to be as mean as I can to her and see if she’s still around. It’s his way of pushing everybody away. I don’t know if you’re going to get rid of Thea.

Fair. Based on your tweets, it seems like you’ve really been having a blast with the ARROW cast…
CH: [Joking] We just hate each other. It’s terrible. It’s just terrible how much we hate each other.

It’s awesome to go to work and know you’re going to have fun. It feels like we’re having a blast on set and the writers and the producers and directors trust us that we’re not being disruptive; there’s a lot of fun going on on set and I think that brings a lot to the characters on the show. It’s great to feel like you have a family on set, since we’re up in Vancouver.

Since you do have that dynamic, have you pulled any good pranks on them yet?
CH: I thought about doing those dance dares you see on [THE] ELLEN [DEGENERES SHOW], but obviously it wouldn’t be cool unless it was on ELLEN. I’m still finding out the lays of the land first, because I love pranks. I think I’m finally there where I can — I got in trouble because Stephen [Amell (Oliver/Arrow)] posted a picture the other day of me trying to shoot his bow and arrow. And that didn’t turn out very well; don’t touch Stephen Amell’s arrow.

Well, ARROW and ELLEN are both Warner Bros. shows…
CH: Should we hashtag #GetColtononEllen [on Twitter]? Who do we need to talk to? At least let me in the studio audience. I don’t think Ellen would let me on, because my mom is super obssessed with her and I’ve grown up with Ellen, so I might — it might be like one of the those situations where it’s like, “Can we please have Colton escorted off the premises? He’s getting way too close to Ellen.” So I think that might not be good press for the show. [Laughs]

[But] I have some ideas [for on-set pranks]. We could do the Harlem Shake, which I think Stephen just did. I’m working on my dance moves, but I need the rest of the cast to be on board with me. [Joking] I’m going to put them through an audition. The terrible dancers can’t be on it! [Laughs]

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/20 ... -and-more/

- Nueva BTS de Amell con Colton Haynes (18-02-13):

Imagen

(@amellywood: @coltonlhaynes I swear to god... If you fire my bow ONE MORE TIME...)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 1.16 Promo "Dead to Rights" (HD):

- Arrow Extended Promo 1.16 - Dead to Rights [HD]:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow Nominado para un "Saturn Award":
Los premios anuales "Saturn Awards" eligen las mejores series y películas de ciencia ficción del año, y Arrow ha conseguido su primera nominación como "Mejor serie orientada hacia la juventud en televisión".

En esta categoría, la serie competirá contra otras conocidas como Beauty And The Beast, Doctor Who, Merlin, Teen Wolf, y The Vampire Diaries.

Los ganadores serán anunciados en Junio.

Podéis ver la lista completa AQUÍ

Asímismo se ha sabido que Stephen Amell será uno de los presentadores en los premios "Canadian Screen Awards" que se celebrarán el 3 de marzo, junto a otros actores conocidos por los fans de Smallville como Erica Durance y Laura Vandervoort, entre otros.

Podéis ver el anuncio AQUÍ

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 1.15 "Dodger" y del 1.12 "Vertigo" en español. Podéis encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stephen Amell y Willa Holland: día de rodaje en Vancouver (20-02-13):
Stephen Amell podría trabajar incluso como especialista si no estuviera ya trabajando en Arrow. Su doble, Simon Burnett, hizo el salto y la secuencia de la carrera primero en Gastown – desde el techo de la caravana gris en el callejón sobre un semi-trailer lleno de madera a la calle, sobre el maletero de un taxi amarillo de Starling City y luego hacia el otro lado del callejón. Las tres o cuatro primeras tomas las hizo Burnet y luego la última la hizo el mismo Amell. El actor hizo exactamente la misma secuencia que Burnett, pero en lugar de llegar justo pasada la cámara, siguió corriendo callejón abajo. Simon Burnet, es el que saltó desde el techo del Hotel Gastown al parking y también el que atraviesa una crsitalera como el Encapuchado.

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

http://yvrshoots.com/2013/02/shoot-watc ... at-me.html
http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action= ... ersion=int
http://perezhilton.com/2013-02-21-steph ... ouver-cold
http://socialitelife.com/stephem-amell- ... ow-02-2013
http://www.justjared.com/2013/02/25/ste ... -of-arrow/
http://yvrshoots.com/2013/03/shoot-take ... -1x18.html

- Viñeta de un storyboard (21-02-13):

Imagen

(thanks to @mguggenheim)

- BTS (21-23 Feb 2013):

Imagen Imagen Imagen

(@Team_Barrowman: @amellywood such a sexy shot... Now @ the other set this is what we are doing.. @colindonnell

@amellywood: We can do this all day RT @EmilyBett: Stare down. We Won

amellywood Solid weekend start. @emilybett )

- El actor de 'Arrow' Actor Colton Haynes Describe su personaje 'alborotador' (splashpage.mtv.com):
El actor de 'Arrow' Actor Colton Haynes Describe su personaje 'alborotador'
Por Ryan Rigley 21 de Febrero, 2013 11:39 am EST

Watch out, Starling City! There's a new troublemaker in town and he's stealing purses and hearts! Figuratively speaking, of course. Last night, Roy Harper (as played by "Teen Wolf's" Colton Haynes) made his big "Arrow" debut. Scheduled to appear in at least three episodes this season, it's quite apparent that Roy is more than just another lowlife.

"Roy is a troublemaker," agrees Colton Haynes in a recent interview with MTV Splash Page. "He thinks he can get out of every single situation but he keeps going for situations where he needs the help of someone a lot more powerful than he is."

A lot more powerful as in, say, the Hood? Read on past the jump!

"My brother is a huge comic book fan," continues Haynes. "After I had booked 'Arrow,' they posted on his favorite comic book site and he called me; he had this shaky voice like something was wrong. He was freaking out."

Colton's brother isn't the only one freaking out about Roy Harper's appearance on "Arrow." Fans of the comic book well know that this small time criminal from the wrong side of town will eventually become the Green Arrow's sidekick, Speedy.

"There are so many different takes on Roy Harper," Haynes explains on his new role. "He has different stages of evolution. Whether it’s with him becoming Speedy or Arsenal or Red Arrow, he’s still this troubled soul that’s really just getting into a lot of trouble."

Speaking of trouble, what better way to get into trouble than by dating Thea Queen, Starling City's darling socialite?

"There are so many similarities between them," Haynes points out about Roy and Thea. "It’s interesting because Oliver calls her 'Speedy' and she calls me 'Speedy.' So it’s this interesting thing, it’s gonna keep the fans of the show and the comic book on edge. Is Thea going to be Speedy or is Roy going to be Speedy?"

Here's hoping for the latter. So what are the chances that we'll be seeing the Hood with another sidekick this season?

"They’re setting things up for a possibility of that, but like most TV shows it could just be a fake out," muses Haynes. "In the next three episodes, you’re gonna see a really interesting character with Roy and with Arrow that is going to lead you to believe that there could be a future with them possibly joining forces. But there is nothing set in stone yet."

So does this mean that Colton Haynes will now be a regular cast member on "Arrow" or is he just another special guest?

"There’s definitely a possibility of that and I think that that would be incredible," Haynes teases on whether or not Roy will be coming back next season. "I think we all will be seeing a lot more of Roy Harper in the future. They’re incredible, the writers. They know what they’re doing. So I will be around for a while."

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/02/21/ro ... interview/

- Amell contesta a los fans:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Geoff Johns Lleva la Guerra a Starling City (IGN.com):
Geoff Johns Lleva la Guerra a Starling City
El aclamado escritor de DC habla sobre el escribir su primer episodio de Arrow
Por Jesse Schedeen 26 de Febrero, 2013

Geoff Johns is one of the biggest names at DC Comics these days, serving as the publisher Chief Creative Officer and penning comics like Justice League, Justice League of America, Green Lantern, and Aquaman. But Johns also has a habit of branching out into WB's various DC-related TV shows. Johns wrote several episodes of the long-running Smallville, introducing iconic DC teams like the Justice Society and the Legion of Super-Heroes. Is it any surprise Johns would venture into the world of Arrow next?

Johns wrote this week's Arrow episode, "Dead to Rights." It's a major episode, too, as Moira Queen teams up with China White and the Triad and declares war on Malcolm Merlyn. Meanwhile, Ollie and his best friend Tommy are caught in the middle of this bloody conflict. We had the chance to chat briefly with Johns about his experience writing for the show, what these events mean for Ollie's world, and the return of a certain one-eyed sharpshooter.

IGN TV: Can you talk a little bit about how you got involved with the show and what led you to write this episode in the first place?

Geoff Johns: Really, it was [Arrow executive producers] Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim and Andrew kreisberg working on the show and me working with them. I really spent a lot of time with Andrew talking - laughing quite a bit - but talking about the show and the possibilities and where it could go. It was exciting. They asked me if I would be interested in writing an episode. And I said, "Yeah, I'd love to. I'd love to come on if I have the time and work with you guys." They had a great crew. Glen Winter, who's the D.P. and directed some Smallvilles I wrote, was going to direct this one, so I was really excited to team up with him. And the story just grew from there - coming into the writer's room and talking to everyone about this series and where it was going. And then the episode came up, Glen was directing, and they offered it to me. I jumped right in.

IGN TV: Both times you wrote Smallville, one of your main tasks was bringing in these outside DC characters like the JSA and the Legion. But here you're working with a cast of characters who already been established by other writers. Did you see that as a nice change of pace?

Johns: I did. One of the things I was really excited about was bringing back Deadshot, and also dealing specifically with Oliver and Tommy. I really like that relationship. I think that Stephen [Amell] and Colin [Donnell] are great actors, and having them together and spending a lot of time with them was very fun and rewarding. And then the revelations that occur in this episode, and there's more than one, particularly the last scene. Technically I am introducing a DC character in the last scene, but you'll have to watch to see which one.

IGN TV: You've written Oliver Queen in the past, both in your various comic book projects and on Smallville. How would you compare writing this version of the character to those others?

Johns: This version of the character is pretty tough. [laughs] He's definitely more aggressive. He's more haunted. I think you can see a glimmer of the Oliver Queen romancer - the guy who actually wants relationships and wants romance outside of the hood and the bow and arrow. You can see that starting to emerge. I think this Green Arrow comes from a much darker place. Certainly, what he went through on that island is pretty horrific and shaped him into what he is now. He's starting very dark, and he has a long way to go to become the Green Arrow that we know mostly from the comics.

IGN TV: You said that a lot of this episode revolves around Ollie and Tommy. Can you talk about how they fit into this war between Moira and Malcolm?

Johns: There's a lot of power-playing going on, and the two main players are Oliver's mother and Tommy's father. These two friends are being caught in the crossfire of the sort of hidden war that's going on between them. The interesting thing about this episode is that Oliver is the person that Tommy is closest with. Tommy trusts him. And Oliver in turn, I think he's trying to take a step back from life as the Hood. You can see him trying to have a relationship with McKenna. You can see him trying to connect back with his best friend Tommy. His life as Green Arrow and the dangers that come with that and the dangers he's started by coming back into Starling City all threaten everything he used to be. And I think that becomes more apparent in this episode than ever before.

IGN TV: Moira has been probably the most morally conflicted character on the show so far, given her relationship with Malcolm and what it's cost her so far. How does all of that change for her now that she's taking direct action against him?

Johns: Well, I don't want to spoil the episode for people who haven't seen it, but she's going to have to change tactics pretty quickly at the end of this. The decisions she's made in her life will continue to haunt her. In the upcoming episodes you'll learn even more about what she's done in the past and what she's been a part of. That will affect the future. This character has a lot of regret in her life, and you can see it weigh on her day after day. And you never quite know - is she someone you root for, or is she someone you root against? That's hard to say.

IGN TV: So is this Moira vs. Malcolm conflict something that's going to continue to play out over the remainder of the season?

Johns: Yes. In a very big way. And it's going to have a very unexpected ending, I think.

IGN TV: I want to touch on Deadshot for a minute. One of my big disappointments early in the season was that he was killed off after one episode. But clearly that's not actually the case. Was it always the plan to bring him back?

Johns: You know, it's funny you say that, Jesse. There was a lot of talk when he was first going to be used. We talked a lot about, "hey, he's not going to be dead. Deadshot is a big character. He's going to be a big villain." So the way it was shot, it looked like he was dead and it looked like he was out. Bringing him back was a priority, I think, for everybody. You wanted to leave a question mark at the end of that episode, but it was always the intention to have him return.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/26/ ... rling-city

- La estrella de 'Arrow' Colin Donnell adelanta grandes cambios para Tommy y Oliver: 'Va a ponerse presión en su amistad' (zap-2-it):
La estrella de 'Arrow' Colin Donnell adelanta grandes cambios para Tommy y Oliver: 'Va a ponerse presión en su amistad'
Por Carina Adly MacKenzie 26 de Febrero, 2013 6:55 PM ET

He's been off-camera for a few episodes, but in this week's (even more incredible than usual) episode of "Arrow," Tommy Merlyn is back in the spotlight. "Dead to Rights" shines new light on Tommy and Oliver's life-long friendship, with unexpected insight into the boys' childhood, particularly after Tommy's mother's death. When Oliver discovers that Deadshot -- who is a deadlier shot than ever, thanks to his new mechanical eye -- has Malcolm Merlyn in his crosshairs, his vigilante alter-ego has to get closer to Tommy than ever before. Which, of course, isn't particularly easy, given Tommy's general disdain for the Hood.

"[The Hood] is doing it for good, but he's using tactics that are reprehensible in a lot of ways," Colin Donnell told us when we visited the "Arrow" cast on set earlier this month. As for the scene in the pilot when a dazed Tommy may have seen Oliver take out their kidnappers, Donnell teases, "I think that moment holds a lot of doubt, and it's going to come into play again."

When the Hood shows up with the intention of saving Malcolm from Deadshot, Tommy sees him as a threat, not an ally, which complicates the mission a bit.

The fact that Malcolm is targeted by a dangerous assassin like Deadshot will certainly raise some flags for Tommy, and it brings him closer than ever to discovering his dad's less than honorable extracurricular activities. Donnell isn't spilling any details about how Tommy may or may not react to finding out that his dad is the Dark Archer, though. "That's a tricky question without giving too much away," he says.

What he can say is that Oliver and Tommy's almost brotherly bond will be tested in coming episodes. "That's something ... that [Oliver] struggles with," says Donnell. "The Arrow and Oliver Queen wanting to be there for the people that are closest to him and not being able to be there for the people that are closest to him. There are things that come up in the next few episodes. It's going to put a strain on their friendship."

We're about to head into a short spring hiatus, but when the show returns in a few weeks, Oliver's night club that Tommy has been working on will finally have its grand opening, featuring DJ Steve Aoki. It's a big moment for Tommy. "Oliver basically placed all of his trust and money into ... Tommy being able to take it and run with it. He's proved himself as a standalone man," Donnell says. "It was his chance to really man up and take responsibility. He was a lot kid in a lot of ways, because he hadn't ever had an opportunity to really fend for himself in the real world. Finally, through some really unfortunate circumstances, he was given that opportunity, and he took advantage of his friend's kindness and was able to let his ego go."

Even though this week's episode emphasizes the depth of Oliver and Tommy's bond, it also complicates their friendship further. Donnell tells us that, despite the distance between Tommy and Malcolm now, there's still a chance that Tommy could follow in his father's footsteps and become an adversary for Oliver in the future.

"I love the idea that that's a possibility," he says. "One of the things that really excited me at the beginning ... was that, because of the namesake, that is where I'd end up. I wouldn't rule out the possibility. It's his best friend, still, and Tommy doesn't know that his father is the Dark Archer."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... -thei.html

- Geoff Johns Habla sobre Arrow, Amell y el por qué Aquaman merece más respeto (TVGuide.com):
Geoff Johns Habla sobre Arrow, Amell y el por qué Aquaman merece más respeto
Por Damian Holbrook 27 de Febrero, 2013 09:18 AM ET

Now that Arrow is a bonafide hit for The CW, they're bringing out the big guns for this week's jaw-dropping episode, "Dead to Rights." Not only is it packed with DC Comics characters — including the return of Michael Rowe's one-eyed assassin Deadshot — it sends at least two series regulars into wildly new directions and was penned by DC's grand poobah, chief creative office Geoff Johns. So who better to hit up for info on the epic hour?

TV Guide Magazine: OK, between your work on the comic books, DC Universe Online, and the various DC-related TV and movies, do you have any free time?
Geoff Johns: I do occasionally. I get to play some games once in a while, but not a lot. [Laughs]

TV Guide Magazine: The last time we spoke, you said you had big plans for Aquaman in the comics and you weren't lying. He's finally getting the attention he deserves!
Johns: I love that character. I am always a sucker for the underdogs. I love Batman and Superman, but when it comes to the guys who don't stand in the front of the line, Aquaman is one of the key guys for me. He's so much fun to work on. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

TV Guide Magazine: He even got his own Chuck Taylor sneakers!
Johns: That's a huge deal, isn't it? I think he's made it, yeah.

TV Guide Magazine: And now, Arrow...it's so cool how well it's doing.
Johns: I have to say, I am psyched that there is already a second season planned. Everyone can go full-steam ahead on finishing the first season and start talking about the second one. It also opens up even more possibilities for DC, which I get excited about.

TV Guide Magazine: And they have been picking great characters to bring on to the show.
Johns: They're being very judicious, I think. The characters they have chosen all have a reason to be there. Huntress has another story that is coming back up, and it's not just putting DC characters in there to put them in there. That's really important to me. There's also a couple we've already talked about for Season 2 that I'm really excited about.

TV Guide Magazine: This has got to be a blast for you.
Johns: You know, it is. It's so fun for me to see a minor character like Felicity Smoak, who is a supporting cast member in the Firestorm comics, suddenly become this major character on Arrow. She's so great and Emily [Bett Rickards] does a great job playing her. Firestorm is joining the Justice League soon, so I will bring her in [to that comic].

TV Guide Magazine: The one I'm hoping to see on Arrow is Donna Troy. I know they can't use Wonder Woman, but surely Donna Troy could be used on the show.
Johns: You know what, never say never, man! There's a lot of characters to be used.

TV Guide Magazine: And this episode you wrote kind of feels like your Smallville episode "Absolute Justice," in that you have a ton of DC characters together.
Johns: Yeah, that's kind of what I do. I love using as many DC characters as possible, again not just to use them, but for good reason. If you're using an assassin, you gotta use Deadshot. And having the arrival of Laurel's mom? As a big fan of Black Canary, I am excited about that.

TV Guide Magazine: Hence the shout-out to the late Sarah Lance's pet canary in the early part of the episode...
Johns: Yeah, you gotta get it out there. [Laughs]

TV Guide Magazine: Is this a sign of you guys paving the way for a Laurel twist?
Johns: Um...I can only say that everyone talks about Black Canary a lot.

TV Guide Magazine: There are some seriously big moments in this hour, including a shocking Ollie reveal.
Johns: The cool thing about that is that it's not expected. And it's not going to go as well as it did with Diggle and Felicity. It's heartbreaking.

TV Guide Magazine: We also get to see a really nice development for Tommy. His father really does care about him!
Johns: Yep. His father is a second away from telling him everything...what is going to happen in the next few episodes, you'll have to wait and see, but that relationship is definitely going to evolve.

TV Guide Magazine: What kind of input do you have in the course of the stories being told on the show?
Johns: I give all the credit to [executive producers] Andrew Kreisberg, Marc Guggenheim and Greg Berlanti. I come in and give my feedback and we brainstorm, but they are running the show and doing a great job.

TV Guide Magazine: Was there something about this episode that made you want to write it?
Johns: Greg called me up and said that there was an episode coming up being directed by Glen Winter, who was the director I worked with on Smallville's "Legion" and "Society" episodes. They thought it would be a good episode for me to jump on and I said absolutely.

TV Guide Magazine: It's a pretty Tommy-heavy episode, which we love because Colin Donnell is so great. Was that a draw for you?
Johns: We talked a lot about it and I really wanted to focus on the Merlyn relationship. The things that were happening and where the story was going, it seemed to be the perfect opportunity to explore Tommy and Malcolm. That became the center of the episode, the heart of it. For me, it's all building to the final scene, this moment of truth that could potentially spill over into something nasty.

TV Guide Magazine: How do you feel about Stephen Amell as Oliver?
Johns: Stephen is fantastic. He is such a pleasure to work with and to watch. He's delivered a huge performance here, and he does almost all of the action by himself. It's crazy.

TV Guide Magazine: Had it always been mapped out that this was the episode that would also introduce Alex Kingston as Dinah Lance?
Johns: There had been a lot of debate on [that]. It was Greg, and I so appreciate him for saying let's go for it. You know, do we open that door at this point? And Greg, to his credit, said let's open the door. And it's a good door to open at this point.

TV Guide Magazine: You have Deadshot, Deathstroke, China White, Laurel's mom, flashbacks to the island and all of this Tommy stuff going on, but there is still a deeply emotional story in the center of it all.
Johns: I love the action-driven emotional stuff. If the action doesn't lead to some sort of emotion, there is no sense. You won't care. It has to lead somewhere. For me, that is what the episode is about. All of the action is noise, otherwise. You have to have heart. It's all about the characters. I want people to hope and wonder and fear for everybody.

TV Guide Magazine: This actually feels like a season finale.
Johns: Yeah, and we have several more episodes to go, which is great!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Geoff ... 61965.aspx

- Geoff Johns sobre ARROW de la CW (comicbookmovie.com):
Geoff Johns sobre ARROW de la CW
Por Mark Julian 27 de febrero, 2013

Geoff Johns doesn't just write Justice League and Aquaman comic books for DC Comics. As the companies Chief Creative Officer, he's worked on a number of animated shows, Smallville and Green Lantern as well. Tonight, Arrow's sixteenth episode, 'Dead To Rights' airs on The CW, an episode that's been highly touted by the cast and crew and features a script penned by Johns. Below, you can read some of Johns thoughts about the episode and the success of the show.

On the surprise of Deadshot's return.

Geoff Johns: "Having Deadshot return from day one was the plan. When that script came in, the thought was that Deadshot can be injured, he can be hurt, but he's still alive. He's too important a character. Then when the final cut came in, he looked very dead. [Laughs] But we said, "We'll figure out a way to make this work, because he is coming back." So you will see a little bit more of Deadshot here, and China White is still a bit more in the background, though she does have a bigger role.

But this episode if it's about anybody, it's about Oliver and Tommy. And it's about Tommy's relationship with his father Malcolm. It's a focus on those two characters and getting deeper into those characters' history and their future. For me, that's the best part of the episode. It's super fun to write Deadshot and China White, but it's really all about Oliver and Tommy."

On the shows embrace of the Christopher Nolan superhero ethos of realism.

Johns: "Clearly, what Andrew, Greg and Marc are going for is a much more grounded take on "Arrow." It's a different universe. It's a deadly universe. It's dramatic, but there's still a lot of fun in there. I think Felicity Smoak is a lot of fun. But those influences from the Nolan-verse are obviously there, and with this Green Arrow, the reason I really respond to him as a character is because he's different than he is in the comic books. He starts in a much darker place. I think his mission is a very selfish one right now. I think with Oliver, he sees himself has having gone from the self-involved, rich, silver spoon brat into this vigilante. But I think he's still very much self-involved. As you see him break out of that, we'll find him growing into the Green Arrow we know and love."

On the growth that Oliver (Stephen Amell) must go through before he becomes the comic book version of the character that readers are familiar with.

Johns:"...He needs some place to grow. Oliver Queen just can't come back and be the perfect Green Arrow. That's part of the reason why the show is called "Arrow." He still has to earn that title much like Clark did in "Smallville."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... jQDuw0i.99

- 'Arrow': Adelanto de 'Dead To Rights,' El episodio más asrriesgado del show de la CW, con el escritor Geoff Johns (huffingtonpost.com):
'Arrow': Adelanto de 'Dead To Rights,' El episodio más asrriesgado del show de la CW, con el escritor Geoff Johns
Por Laura Prudom 02/27/2013 9:15 am EST

As the Chief Creative Officer of DC Comics, Geoff Johns is a busy man. In addition to shepherding DC's various non-comics properties into development and writing the relaunched "Justice League" (and its "Shazam" backup feature) every month, the prolific writer has contributed two episodes to The CW's "Arrow" thus far -- "Muse of Fire," which introduced The Huntress (Jessica de Gouw), and tonight's "Dead to Rights" (Wed., Feb. 27 at 8 p.m. EST), which sees the return of China White (Kelly Hu) and Deadshot (Michael Rowe).

The Huffington Post spoke with Johns to find out what "Dead to Rights" has in store for Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and his hooded alter-ego, and why this episode is the show's riskiest installment yet.

What can you preview about this week's episode without giving too much away?
One of the key words for this episode is probably "risk." There are a lot of risks taken by the characters and by this story in this episode and the amount of reveals and the amount of twists and turns that happen. There's quite a few in there, so it's very action driven, but I think emotionally-charged, which is a nice balance. I think Glen Winter, the director, really captured that wonderfully, especially in the last two scenes, which were some of the best performances I've seen of these guys in the series.

How do you think collaborating with Glen Winter again helped the episode?
Because Glen and I worked previously together on "Smallville" -- we worked on a couple episodes there -- we've always had a very good working relationship. So I knew what Glen was capable of and I wanted to just give him the best possible story that he could visualize and translate, and he did a stellar job. He's just grown leaps and bounds. He's a fantastic director in his own right, and when the episode came up and [the executive producers] were like "Glen's going to direct this," I was 150 percent on board because I absolutely love working with Glen. I mostly do comics and it's like working with a fantastic artist -- you trust them to help you tell the story and elevate the story and that's what Glen is to me. He's an A-list artist.

I feel like this is a dream episode for comics fans in terms of references and returning characters -- and judging by your "Smallville" episodes and comic book work, you excel at stories that widen a project's universe in that way. Was it a conscious decision between you and the producers to have you write this episode, or was it just a coincidence in how the season shook out?
Yeah, it was done with purpose. Greg [Berlanti] had called me about this episode and offered it to me and we talked a little bit about what it would be and what it could be. In "Smallville," we introduced brand new characters and in this, we kind of go deeper into the characters and introduce some revelations, but actually, at the very end, we do introduce a DC character into the mix in a way that hardcore fans will know.

While you're writing, how do you approach which characters to feature prominently and which to just namedrop as you do at various points in the episode?
For me this episode is all about Oliver and Tommy (Colin Donnell), and that relationship and, for Oliver, balancing a life that I don't know if he can really balance, [especially] if he's also focused on starting a new relationship with McKenna (Janina Gavankar). His friendship with Tommy is going to get a little off. It's hard to juggle everything he's juggling. So really, it was a focus on those two characters and then everything else around it.

The episode features some great scenes between Oliver and McKenna -- there's such a sweetness between them that wasn't there between him and Helena, because she's so messed up in so many ways. What do you like most about their relationship?
I like that they're two people who are very passionate and diligent and strong. It's a really interesting relationship I think because both of them are such independent characters in their own right, and they found each other and enjoy each other and like spending time with one another. I admire both of them in a way and they're a very good couple. Their lives with badge on and with the hood up are extremely complicated, and of course, that's what's going to make it a lot of fun to watch. How does that play out? What happens? I think they're great actors together too. They have a nice on-screen chemistry.

There's also a lot of fun stuff between Oliver and Slade [Manu Bennett] on the island. What are you enjoying most about exploring their dynamic?
I love the contrast between seeing Oliver now and then you cut back and you see him ... Stephen just portrays it well. He seems a little soft, he's out of his element, he's worried, but you can start to see, especially this episode, he's starting to try. He's starting to fight back a little bit and if Slade says "forget it," he's like, "I'm not going to forget it. I'm going to try!" He's going to kick the door in and try and I think we're seeing that spark start to grow -- and soon hopefully we'll see the fire -- that transforms him into Green Arrow. It's also fun to see Stephen with long hair ... I just love seeing the contrast between those two characters. They're two sides to the same coin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/2 ... 71624.html?

- ‘Arrow’: Geoff Johns de DC Comics discite su visita a Starling City (herocomplex.latimes.com):
Geoff Johns de DC Comics discite su visita a Starling City
Por Patrick Kevin 27 de Febrero, 2013 | 9:44 a.m.

“Arrow” gets a visit from a comic book legend this week, although the character doesn’t appear on screen. Geoff Johns, DC Comics’ chief creative officer and one of the highest profile comic book writers working today, drops in on Starling City to write this week’s episode, “Dead to Rights.”

Often when a guest writer comes on to a show, the episode tends to be a little more self-contained. But not this one, which is filled with plot developments, the return of old villains and ends with quite a cliffhanger. (Wouldn’t you know it, the series takes a couple of weeks off after this week.)

Johns recently announced that he was stepping down from his writing duties on “Green Lantern,” the DC Comic he helped reinvent nine years ago. He talked with Hero Complex briefly about his episode of “Arrow” and his future comics plans.

HC: In the letter you included with the advance screener of “Dead to Rights,” you compare working with the director to working with the artist. What are the similarities you see there?

GJ: It’s a collaborative process and one of the most important things I’ve learned in my career writing comics is that you need a good partner in crime. That’s why I tend to work with the same people over and over. I’ve worked with Gary Frank since 2006. I worked with Ivan Reis for at least that long. I’ve worked with Doug Mahnke for the last four years. You connect with certain artists and I’m connecting with David Finch in a really strong way right now on “JLA.” It’s been fantastic working with an artist who understands what you’re going for. I talk character with them all the time. I talk to Gary Frank, he’s in Italy and yet we still talk all the time about story and character, about Billy Batson and the Shazam kids and what’s happening with Black Adam and the twists and turns and motivations. So the more that we talk character and tone and story, the more we’re on the same page and the more they’ll bring to it. For me, it’s key to work with somebody who has as many ideas as you have and elevates the material. You’re really driving that car together. When I was in school, I was an artist and I drew and wanted to direct. But when I got into writing, I wrote a short screenplay for my friend who didn’t want to write his, but wanted to direct. I realized I’d rather write and focus on the stories and characters and team up with somebody because I love collaboration. Glen Winter directed my “Smallville” episodes “Legion” and “Absolute Justice.” One of my best experiences was being on the set of “Smallville” and working with him. For me, Glen is like Gray Frank and Ivan Reis. He’s a pro and somebody who I absolutely love to work with.

HC: Is it a challenge to achieve the same level of intimacy you have with an artist with a director, who has so many other people talking in their ear?

GJ: Not with me and Glen. All input is appreciated. When I worked with Richard Donner, I’ll never forget, we were on the set of “Conspiracy Theory” and someone came up — a grip — and threw an idea at Dick. It was a good idea. After he left, I asked him if he was going to use it. Dick said, “Never stand in the way of a good idea.” As long as you’re working with somebody who has that philosophy, and I certainly do, it makes for great fun. I love writing, but I don’t love sitting at my keyboard alone.

HC: Do you miss the chatty nature of a comic book script when you’re writing a TV script?

GJ: A little bit. But there are advantages to a TV script. You’re not limited by page count or panels. But you’re killed by budget. You’re constantly hit by budget. It affects everything — what the scenes are about, where the scenes are. It’s a real application you have to put on it. But you’re writing the script for the actors and directors. It’s still a letter to them. It’s still the same thing, but it’s just not as casual.

HC: This episode really felt like a comic book with very carefully framed shots. Was that from your script?

GJ: That’s all Glen. I give him all the credit. He changed his directing style from “Smallville” to “Arrow” because it’s a totally different show. It’s a much harder-edged show, it’s a more in-your-face show, but he still carries through that sense of story. He’s always about telling a story with one single image.

HC: How do you keep track of all the different continuities you work with — the mythology of “Arrow” is different from the New 52 “Green Arrow,” which is even different from what “Green Arrow” was earlier.

GJ: I just focus on what I work on. I keep up with the publishing, but I let Jim Lee run that. I love what Jeff Lemire is doing with the “Green Arrow” comic book. They’re two different continuities, but the DNA is the same. I think the fact that Jeff is exploring the island and the history of the island in the comic book and the show is doing the same thing is really cool.

HC: Do you make extensive use of the DC Encyclopedia or Wiki, or is this all in your head?

GJ: I hate to admit that it’s all in my head, but it is. I grew up on DC stuff. I absorbed it like a sponge and I can’t help myself. I just love the characters.

HC: There were a lot of major developments in this episode. Did you work with the writing staff beforehand?

GJ: Oh yeah. I’ve done that on every show. When Greg [Berlanti] and Andrew [Kreisberg] called me about this episode, I went in and spent a week with them and we broke this episode and it fits right in to the overall continuity.

HC: Do you ever do that on comic scripts?

GJ: No, the only thing Jeff Lemire and I are pitching a couple of our titles together. We’ve been working on that. Most recently that’s the closest I’ve come. “52″ was like that, with Grant and Greg and Mark. I’ve done it before, but it’s not often.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/arrow ... ity-visit/

- Arrow Scoop: Oliver se enfrentará con salvar la vida de su enemigo (TVGuide):
Oliver se enfrentará con salvar la vida de su enemigo
Por Natalie Abrams 26 de Febrero, 2013 09:31 PM ET

Oliver may have to save the life of the man who tried to kill him. He just doesn't know it yet.

On Wednesday's episode of Arrow, Oliver (Stephen Amell) will attempt to save the life of Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman), who previously had a hit put out on him by Moira (Susanna Thompson)! Lest we forget, in an attempt to get out of the Undertaking, the Queen matriarch enlisted the help of China White (Kelly Hu) to kill Merlyn — and that dastardly white-haired villain will use Deadshot (Michael Rowe) to do it. Little does Oliver know, the man he's trying to save is also the Dark Archer, who previously put Oliver in the hospital.

"He doesn't know anything about Malcolm Merlyn's alternate identity of the Dark Archer, so in a very bizarre way, he's going to try to save the life of the man that he almost lost his to," says Geoff Johns, the DC Comics vet who penned Wednesday's episode. "When people he cares about are going to be caught in the crossfire, he's got to get involved."

But the hit might backfire since Moira plans it to take place during a very public benefit honoring Malcolm that his son Tommy (Colin Donnell) begrudgingly decides to attend. Since Moira wants to get out of the Undertaking to protect her children, she may feel conflicted about putting someone else's kid in harm's way. "Moira regrets most of the decisions she makes," Johns says. "In trying to fix or correct those bad decisions, she makes more bad decisions. This stuff will haunt her for a while."

Meanwhile, Oliver will also have trouble balancing his extracurricular vocation and his budding flirtation with ex McKenna Hall (Janina Gavankar). "Finding that balance is something that Oliver has got to prove to himself that he can do," Johns says. He gets back [from the island] and suddenly he's emotionally charged with all these relationships he's trying to pick up where they left off, and new ones are forming. He's being lured back in to real life and we'll see how that balance is going to turn out very soon."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Spoil ... 61953.aspx

- Geoff Johns Enfoca los personajes de "Arrow" (comicbookresources.com):
Geoff Johns Enfoca los personajes de "Arrow"
Por Kiel Phegley, 27 de Febrero 2013

From its premiere episode, The CW's DC Comics-inspired drama "Arrow" has been building up the heroes and villains of Starling City. And behind the scenes helping along the whole while has been DC CCO Geoff Johns.

After pitching in on the early development stages of the show that follows the early years of Oliver Queen before he embraces his Green Arrow persona in full, Johns contributed the script for one episode earlier this year. And tonight, the writer returns to pen "Dead To Rights" -- a lynchpin episode that brings back many faces from the DC Universe while advancing one of "Arrow's" biggest plotlines. While Oliver's mother Moira plots to kill her rival Malcolm Merlyn with the help of Triad agent China White and the assassin Deadshot, Oliver and Malcolm's son Tommy Merlyn continue to have conflicts of their own.

CBR News spoke with Johns about the episode and his role on the series as a whole. Below, the writer tells why the collaboration afforded by "Dead To Rights" made it a must for his writing schedule, what the Merlyn family drama means for the show's villains moving forward, how he views his role as CCO in regards to DC's TV adaptations and more.

CBR News: Last time I spoke to Marc Guggenheim about this show, he told a familar story regarding DC Entertainment projects right now where you were there at the start giving tips on how to add some DC drama to the proceedings early on. As the show has continued, how have you worked the opportunities to keep writing for "Arrow"? Is this just a matter of doing an episode when your comics schedule opens up?

Geoff Johns: It's kind of all of that, but it's also that with this particular episode, [executive producer] Greg Berlanti gave me a call and said, "There's an episode coming up that Glen Winter is going to direct." Glen is the guy I worked with on the Legion of Super-Heroes and Justice Society episodes of "Smallville." I love working with him, and I always wanted to work with Glen again. So as soon as I knew Glen was on board when my schedule had a tiny opening, I took the time to say, "Yeah, that'd be fantastic to work with him again." It's like collaborating with my favorite artists like Gary Frank or Ivan Reis. This opportunity does not come around often, and for where the series was at, the episode seemed like an exciting one to tackle because of all the story stuff to accomplish. So the opportunity to work with Glen sealed it.

And also working with Andrew [Kreisberg] and Marc is great. The writer's room they put together is amazing. They're creatively open to everything, and they have a vision and direction for this show. It's a pleasure to be in an ego-free environment like that because it's very rare.

It was surprising to see what was on tap for the episode because Deadshot reappears here, and at the end of the first episode he was in, I thought, "Did they just kill Deadshot already?" You get to flesh out his character beyond a one-off assassin and also give China White a meatier role for the first time. Was part of your focus to bring those characters from the comics to life on TV?

Having Deadshot return from day one was the plan. When that script came in, the thought was that Deadshot can be injured, he can be hurt, but he's still alive. He's too important a character. Then when the final cut came in, he looked very dead. [Laughs] But we said, "We'll figure out a way to make this work, because he is coming back." So you will see a little bit more of Deadshot here, and China White is still a bit more in the background, though she does have a bigger role.

But this episode if it's about anybody, it's about Oliver and Tommy. And it's about Tommy's relationship with his father Malcolm. It's a focus on those two characters and getting deeper into those characters' history and their future. For me, that's the best part of the episode. It's super fun to write Deadshot and China White, but it's really all about Oliver and Tommy.

With your "Smallville" episodes, you were very much writing the characters you introduced close to their comic book counterparts. But the dynamic between Tommy and Malcolm has been a very different take on Merlyn. What's it been like writing these versions of the characters, and how does it change what you think of the Green Arrow/Merlyn relationship?

With Merlyn, I love the Merlyn in the comic books, but he doesn't have a whole lot of history behind him beyond the fact that he's a member of the League of Assassins. But there are some revelations in this episode that will shed some more light on the Merlyn family and their connection to all of that. I don't think it'll play out like everybody thinks just yet. There are a lot of surprises in the episodes ahead as far as Tommy and his father go. I don't want to spoil too much, but it might be closer to the comics than you think.

People always compare this show's tone to the Christopher Nolan Batman movies, and the producers really seem to embrace that right down to casting "The Dark Knight's" Chin Han for a few episodes including tonight's. How have you been working to keep that grounded tone in an episode full of explosions and action and supervillains?

Clearly, what Andrew, Greg and Marc are going for is a much more grounded take on "Arrow." It's a different universe. It's a deadly universe. It's dramatic, but there's still a lot of fun in there. I think Felicity Smoak is a lot of fun. But those influences from the Nolan-verse are obviously there, and with this Green Arrow, the reason I really respond to him as a character is because he's different than he is in the comic books. He starts in a much darker place. I think his mission is a very selfish one right now. I think with Oliver, he sees himself has having gone from the self-involved, rich, silver spoon brat into this vigilante. But I think he's still very much self-involved. As you see him break out of that, we'll find him growing into the Green Arrow we know and love.

I also get the feeling that there's more of the dashing Green Arrow DNA in the character whenever Stephen Amell's Oliver gives some kind of snarky reply to the other characters.

Sure. And he needs some place to grow. Oliver Queen just can't come back and be the perfect Green Arrow. That's part of the reason why the show is called "Arrow." He still has to earn that title much like Clark did in "Smallville."

Like I said at the start, whenever I talk about DC adaptations with some of the writers whether it be Marc on "Arrow" or Greg Weisman on "Young Justice," they always get to a point where they say, "Geoff Johns was in the room and he suggested this." What's your overall goal as CCO when it comes to bringing the whole DCU to these projects?

Well, with Greg Weisman we were talking about "Young Justice" Season 2 and there were these stories in there about aliens that they had. For me, I wanted to tie that all back into Blue Beetle. I said, "Let's put this character into the forefront. You guys have all these great ideas." For me, that goal is to always get character-centric and use as many toys from the box as we can in the proper way. Greg Weisman had this huge universe and all these ideas, and I said, "All this stuff can tie right back into Blue Beetle. It can make him the lightning rod for this storyline." Those are the kinds of conversations we have.

On "Arrow," it was a questions of "We want something the island to trigger people's imaginations when we first see the show." Talking to [pilot director] David Nutter and those guys, I said, "What if we put Deathstroke's mask on a pike. Right away, it's this bizarre warning sign. There's an arrow through the eye he doesn't have, and suddenly there's a whole story that you wonder about for everyone to explore."

So my job is just to go in there and have fun, but the credit goes to everyone. I'm just there as a sounding board. I throw my two-cents in, and if they can run with it that's cool. My goal is to just be a resource and a partner.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=43968

- Geoff Johns de DC Comics sobre los ‘Momentos de Shock’ Y Grandes Emociones del capítulo de esta noche (accesshollywood.com):
Geoff Johns de DC Comics sobre los ‘Momentos de Shock’ Y Grandes Emociones del capítulo de esta noche
Por Jolie Lash 27 de Febrero, 2013 12:13 PM EST

BURBANK, Calif. -- This week’s episode of “Arrow” on The CW is so big, the writer of it believes fans might drop a curse word — or two — while watching it.

“Gosh, at the very least you’ll say, ‘holy s***,’ at least twice,” DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, who wrote the episode (called “Dead to Rights”), told AccessHollywood.com when we asked how huge it is. “But, I do think that my favorite moments aren’t the shock moments. Mine are the emotional moments.”

The action may involve the return of Deadshot and China White, but there are some heavy emotional punches, one of the biggest delivered by John Barrowman, who plays Malcolm Merlyn.

Fans will get to understand a little more about how the death of Tommy’s mom (and Malcolm’s wife) affected the elder Merlyn, who finally attempts to repair the father and son’s relationship that fractured even further earlier this season after Malcolm cut Tommy off financially.

“She was a very altruistic person and more altruistic and honest, I think, than every other character that we have on our show, right now. She was on her own mission to help Starling and [her death]… I think it jarred something loose for Malcolm,” Geoff said, hinting at more of the back story that John’s character will open up about in this week’s episode.

Geoff said this week fans will get to understand that “Malcolm has a point of view” in the tragedy, and he and Tommy will finally discuss the death.

“They’ve never talked about it and you see them actually open up a little bit and connect,” Geoff said.

There will also be flashbacks to the island with Slade Wilson and the not-yet-Arrow Oliver Queen, something fun for Geoff to pen since the Deathstroke mask in Episode 1 was his idea.

“This way early on when we were still casting and David [Nutter, an ‘Arrow’ executive producer] said, ‘We want to make the island a really mysterious place. We need something that’s going to tell a story just visually.’ And there’s nothing more I like than the Green Arrow/Deathstroke rivalry, so I said, ‘What if we throw Deathstroke’s mask, almost like on a totem, almost as a warning to anyone who comes on that beach, if they’re associated with Deathstroke, like this is what he did. And there’s an arrow through the eye?’” Geoff recounted. “And they really liked it and it’s in there and it’s cool because it’s like in the first 30 seconds of the show. For a DC Comics fan, you open this thing up to a whole world beyond Green Arrow, and the mileage we’ve gotten out of that with Slade and Oliver, I think has been really fantastic.”

http://www.accesshollywood.com/the-cws- ... icle_76368

- El escritor Geoff Johns Habla sobre “Dead To Rights” (greenarrowtv.com):
El escritor Geoff Johns Habla sobre “Dead To Rights”
Por Craig Byrne 27 de Febrero 27, 2013

Geoff Johns is the Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment, and while he is involved in many aspects of the direction of the characters in various media, he also is quite a prolific writer, currently tackling DC’s Justice League, Aquaman, and Green Lantern titles, to name a few. He’s also lent his writing talent to two DC-related live action television productions… first with four episodes of Smallville, and now, with two episodes of Arrow, including the episode we see tonight, which is titled “Dead To Rights.”

We were able to speak with Mr. Johns earlier this week about this week’s show and managed to get some teasers from him as well. Some of his answers have to be saved for AFTER the show airs on the West Coast tonight, because they’re spoilery… but for now, here’s what Geoff had to say about “Dead To Rights,” which airs at 8PM (ET) on The CW. We are presenting this in a Q&A format; our questions to Mr. Johns are in bold and his answers are not. Enjoy:

What was it that interested you to take the “Dead To Rights” episode writing assignment?

Greg Berlanti called me and he said “hey, we’ve got an episode coming up. Love you to write it.” He gave me a little bit about where we were and what it was going to be about, and he said Glen Winter was going to direct it. He knows that I love working with Glen Winter. I had worked with him on Smallville doing “Legion” and “Absolute Justice.” I absolutely adore working with Glen. I think he’s a terrific director; an amazing director, and I knew working with him I could write an emotionally-charged, action-driven story that Glen would just kick ass on.

I love the show, and I love working with the guys, so it’s a pleasure and an honor to be able to work on it. This was just the best of all worlds. I was very flattered, and again, grateful that I got to team up with everyone and Glen again.

How would you describe the relationship between Tommy Merlyn (played by Colin Donnell) and his father (Malcolm, played by John Barrowman) at this point of the series?

Strained at best. Obviously there’s been a lot of history, and you learn a lot more about the history and why it’s so strained. It’s not just because Malcolm cut Tommy off from his money; his gravy train. It’s a lot more complicated and deep-rooted than that, and this episode explores a lot of that, and forces the characters to address it, and I think the characters are better for it. Their relationship certainly takes a turn.

In the episode you also get to write Arrow’s version of Slade Wilson. Is there anything different in how you would handle him on TV compared to how you’d write him in DC Comics?

Well, he’s at a different point in his life, right? He still has both eyes to start with.

I think Slade doesn’t really know who Oliver is. I think he likes this kid. I think the kid’s trying. Despite Slade saying “hey, forget it,” Oliver keeps trying, and I think that’s really great, but Slade’s at a different point in his life, just like Oliver is, so you’re going to approach it differently than you would in a comic book. As much as I love writing Deathstroke in the comics, guns and swords and all.

It still felt like the same character, when watching.

The DNA of the characters have to exist in whatever form they are, whenever they are, you’re always going to see an imprint of that character on there, whether it’s a story about Deathstroke before he lost his eye, or it’s a story about Deathstroke on his very last mission before he dies. No matter what he’s been through or how he acts, you’re still going to see a little bit of the same Deathstroke in there.

Deadshot has some new hardware this time around. Can you talk about that, and might we ever see him with his silver mask from the comics?

I always say “never say never” about costumes and things like that, because you never know. We saw Booster Gold in full-on gold and blue armor, eventually, in Smallville, but for Deadshot, it’s funny. Andrew [Kreisberg] and I talked a lot about Deadshot. It was never the intention to leave him dead. It was [planned] to make it ambiguous. He looks dead, that first time we see him with that arrow through his eye, but the plan was always to bring him back.

Creating that scope, we looked at a lot of different versions of Deadshot. Andrew – I think it was Andrew and I were talking, and came up with the idea of how we’d make the scope actually something he needs, and something he uses.

Is Moira conflicted about sending someone to kill Malcolm Merlyn like that? She’s really swimming with sharks now.

She is, and unfortunately, every bad decision she makes, she makes another one to try and cover it up.

Is there any possibility that Dinah Lance (Laurel’s mother) shares any background with her comic book equivalent? [In the comics, at least before the New 52 program began, Dinah Drake Lance was the first Black Canary of the 1940's.]

There is a possibility, yes, but you’ll have to keep watching.

Is it easier to write scenes in the “Arrow lair” now that Felicity is a part of the gang?

I wouldn’t say easier; I’d definitely say it’s more fun to be in that “cave” now. I think Emily [Bett Rickards] brings such a wonderful voice to it. She’s a different character from everyone else in that show, and her and Diggle have a really cool relationship. But there’s much to her than what you see, than funny lines and tech savvy skills, and the more we get into who Felicity Smoak really is and what she’s all about and why she’s doing this, I think you guys will be really surprised.

Can you tease what element of the DC Universe that you might want to bring to Arrow next?

I can’t. We’ll have to talk next year about it, I’m sorry. But you know what? There’s already discussions going on about it. It’d be a lot of fun. I’d love to be working on the show when I can. Working with Greg Berlanti and Andrew and Marc [Guggenheim] and the rest of the team has just been a joy, and the cast is fantastic. The production team up there is fantastic. The network… everybody’s so great. It’s a pleasure to do it, and I feel, again, very grateful.

There is now a new creative team on the Green Arrow series from DC Comics, and Green Arrow shows up in the first issue of the new Justice League Of America series very briefly. Is now a good time for new readers to jump on to the comics?

Oh, yeah. Jeff Lemire’s first issue is Green Arrow #17. It’s awesome. Jeff Lemire is a fantastic writer; one of the best writers in comics. He’s just knocked it out of the park, and his plans for Green Arrow which I know are terrific. #17, which just came out, is a very easy comic to jump on.

There’s also the Arrow comic based on the show that the crew puts out.

How would sell “Dead To Rights” to someone who may not have tuned in to the show in a while?

I’d say that you’re going to get more emotionally charged reveals and action in this episode than you have in a while, but also, it’s going to clearly spell out where the characters are going. From here on out, it’s a straight run to the season finale.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/greenarrowt ... ghts/13517

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow : 1.16 Dead to Rights Writer's Preview:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow Postmortem: ¿Conocen demasiadas personas el secreto de Oliver? (TVGuide):
¿Conocen demasiadas personas el secreto de Oliver?
Por Natalie Abrams 27 de Febrero, 2013 09:00 PM ET

[Warning: This story contains major spoilers from Wednesday's episode of Arrow. Read at your own risk!]

The first season of Arrow isn't even over, and already Oliver Queen's secret identity isn't really that secret anymore.

Both Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) were clued in early on that Oliver (Stephen Amell) is actually the hooded vigilante trying to clean up Starling City. But during Wednesday's episode, his best friend Tommy (Colin Donnell) joined the ranks of those in the know after Oliver un-hooded himself so he could save Tommy's father Malcolm (John Barrowman).

That brings the total of those in on Oliver's secret to at least three — in all honesty, it could be more if Shado (Celina Jade), Yao Fei (Byron Mann) and/or Slade (Manu Bennett) are still alive. In comparison, a non-family member series regular on Smallville didn't learn about Clark Kent's secret until Season 2. So is there worry that too many people are finding out Oliver's secret too soon?

"There's been a lot of discussions about that," DC Comics' Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns tells TVGuide.com. "One of the things is that everyone has a different reaction to that, and Oliver needs to be able to interact with people and talk about it. With Tommy, this is one where Oliver didn't do it by choice; he did it by necessity."

Their confrontation at the end of Wednesday's episode, where Tommy asked Oliver point-blank whether he ever planned to share his secret, was certainly brimming with tension beneath the surface. "I think that [scene] says a lot about where this relationship is going to end up going," says Johns, who penned the episode. He adds that the consequences of this reveal will play out "almost immediately."

Considering Oliver and Malcolm, also known as the Dark Archer, are headed towards a showdown, it seems only likely that this very episode is the turning point for Oliver's relationship with Tommy. We can only imagine that if Oliver is the one to kill the Dark Archer, Tommy would be so furious that he would take his father's place — similar to the breakdown of Peter Parker and Harry Osborn's relationship in Spider-Man when Harry took over the mantle of Green Goblin following his father's death. Floating that theory past Johns, he responds coyly. "I like how you think," he says. "That's a very astute observation, but you'll have to keep watching the show."

Speaking of children taking their parent's place, Laurel's (Katie Cassidy) mother Dinah Lance (Alex Kingston) returned to Starling City during Wednesday's episode with news that Laurel's sister Sarah, who died on Oliver's boat, may actually still be alive. Setting the possible ramifications of that reveal aside, we're more curious as to whether The CW series will follow DC Comics' lore — Dinah is the original Black Canary who is replaced by her daughter as the second Black Canary.

"There could be a very good chance [of that]," Johns says. "I love Black Canary. Her name is spoken daily, so there's a lot of thinking behind Black Canary. Nothing is done by accident. You will see some more stuff that builds the mythology of Black Canary."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Spoil ... 62003.aspx?

- Descripción oficial 1.17 "The Huntress":
1.17 "The Huntress: LA MEGAESTRELLA STEVE AOKI ABRE EL CLUB NOCTURNO DE OLIVER — Con su club nocturno a punto de abrirse y un nuevo romance cociéndose con McKenna (la estrella invitada Janina Gavankar), Oliver (Stephen Amell) está más feliz que nunca desde su regreso a Starling City. Pero cuando la ex de Oliver, The Huntress (la estrella invitada Jessica De Gouw), de pronto regresa a la ciudad, ella amenaza con destruir todo lo que a él le importa. Mientras tanto, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) y su padre (Paul Blackthorne) lidian con el regreso de Dinah Lance (la estrella invitada Alex Kingston) quien afirma que tiene pruebas de que Sara aún sigue viva. Thea (Willa Holland) le consigue a Roy Harper (la estrella invitada Colton Haynes) un trabajo en el club de Oliver, pero él no está muy dispuesto a parar su vida como criminal. Oliver y Tommy (Colin Donnell) están encantados de que puedan tener a Steve Aoki actuando en la apertura de su nuevo club nocturno, Verdant. David Ramsey y Susanna Thompson tambiñen aparecen. Guy Bee dirige el episodio escrito por Jake Coburn & Lana Cho (117).

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-episo ... tion/13531

- Arrow 1x17 Promo "The Huntress Returns" (HD):

- Arrow 1x17 Extended Promo : "The Huntress Returns" [HD]:

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 1.16 "Death to rights" y del 1.13 "Betrayal" en español. Puedes encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”