Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: "ARROW" Nueva serie de la CW para TV basada en Green Arr

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ¿Está llegando Green Lantern a Arrow? (TVGuide):
¿Está llegando Green Lantern a Arrow?
Por Natalie Abrams 7 de Mayo, 2013 07:52 PM ET

Oliver Queen puede que no sea el único superhéroe en Arrow.

A medida que la super serie se dirige hacia su primer final de temporada, Oliver (Stephen Amell) trabajará contra reloj durante los flashbacks de la isla para evitar que Fyers (Sebastian Dunn) consiga su misión de derribar a un avión Ferris. Sí el mismo avión Ferris que generalmente se identifica con el Green Lantern de Hal Jordan.

Incluso aunque los productores han jurado mantener el mundo de Arrow asentado en el realismo — no esperéos una aparición del Supermán de altos vuelos en ningún momento cercano —la posibilidad de introducir a Green Lantern no está tan lejana ya que los productores ejecutivos de Arrow Marc Guggenheim y Greg Berlanti escribieron el guión para el Green Lantern del 2011.

Aunque el escritor de Arrow Ben Sokolowski inicialmente escogió la idea de hacer el guiño hacia el otro personaje esmeralda de DC Comics - quien también es un miembro de la Justice League y se ha unido con Green Arrow en muchas historias de cómics — Guggenheim dice que realmente habló con él por su conexión con la película. "Si todo va de acuerdo al plan, cuando veas el logo de Ferris Air más adelante esta temporada, será el mismo logo que establecimos en la película. Me encanta quitarme el sombrero hacia esas cosas."

Pero anyes de que los fans se entusiasmen demasiado, Guggenheim admite que el mundo de Arrow no tiene lugar en el mismo universo que el de la película de Green Lantern. Aún así, no descarta la posibilidad de encontrar a Hal Jordan o a Carol Ferris, interpretados por Ryan Reynolds y Blake Lively, respectivamente, en la película. "Nunca diría nunca," dice. "Ciertamente es algo de lo que hemos hablado".

"Como con todos los personajes de DC, tenemos que idear una manera para que esos personajes encajen en nuestro universo de Arrow," continúa. "Pero cuando consideras la importancia que Hal Jordan juega en los cómics de Green Arrow, es ciertamente uno de esos nombres que hemos discutido. Tengo el teléfono de Ryan Reynolds aquí por algún sitio."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Green ... 65128.aspx?

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Jefe de Arrow adelanta grandes consecuencias, un camino oscuro para Tommy y... ¡¿Una muerte?! (tvfanatic.com):
Jefe de Arrow adelanta grandes consecuencias, un camino oscuro para Tommy y... ¡¿Una muerte?!

Por Jim Halterman 8 de Mayo, 2013 9:02 AM by Jim Halterman

Two episodes.

That’s all we have left on Arrow Season 1 and if we’re to believe Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim... we’re in for quite a ride.

Let’s dive right in with this exclusive Q&A that teases a lot (excuse me, pyrotechnics?!?) and should make us more than a little afraid for the future of some of our beloved characters...

-------------------------------------------

TV Fanatic: When we last left Ollie, he had found out that Moira is in cahoots with Malcolm. What’s next?
Marc Guggenheim: Basically, Oliver [is] going to learn everything [and] he’s going to learn the full extent of Moira’s involvement. Of course, that’s going to mean really big consequences and pyrotechnics, both from the literal and the metaphorical sense. Obviously, Oliver’s world was rocked in 21 and it turns out the aftershock is bigger than the initial earthquake.

TVF: So he’ll learn everything in 22 [tonight’s episode]?
MG: Pretty much everything. There’s still a couple of secrets that will be kept between Moira and Oliver that we save for the finale but 22 really builds upon the forward momentum between Oliver and his mother that comes to a head in 22 and continues to reverberate through 23.

TVF: I love that we flashbacked last week to Moira and Malcolm and understand them much more now. Is that relationship going to change now that everything is being revealed?
MG: Everything on the show will change in the wake of the season finale. One of the things that we always try to do on the show is not stay in stasis and never just tread water. Things are always moving forward in a big way and that will be the case with Malcolm and Moira. We’ve been talking about Season 2 and there’s plenty of stuff to play going into the future. One of the nice things about our show that we’ve established is that we don’t only take place in the present but in the past. Like 21 proved, there’s plenty of story to be told both looking backwards and going forwards.

TVF: Ollie has told Laurel that he’s still in love with her. Is that going to go the next step and how will it complicate things further with Tommy?
MG: The whole love triangle is turning the heat up even further into 22 and leading into the finale…in 21, Oliver dropped this bomb on Laurel that he’s still in love with her and Oliver has scenes with both and with Laurel separately in 22 which deals with that revelation.

TVF: We also saw Ollie kiss Shado on the island. Does that get more complicated?
MG: Yes, basically with the flashback stories, we’re driving to a finale much in the same way we are driving to the finale in the present day so 22, in terms of flashbacks, features a game changer that sets us you for the season finale.

TVF: Diggle obviously still wants his revenge for his brother’s death. Will he get some satisfaction in these last episodes?
MG: Unfortunately, that has to wait until Season Two. We’ve been in the writer’s room working on season two and we have a really great storyline worked out with Diggle dealing with Deadshot and his quest for revenge. We had so much going on in these last episodes of the season, we didn’t want to give it short shrift so it’s fully developed in season two.

TVF: Really loved seeing Felicity out in the field in 21. Can we expect more of that in these last episodes or at least in season two?
MG: We love it and, in fact, we were just talking with the network about how well Felicity works and you’ll see her in the field in episode 22. She’s terrific and it’s always fun to play the fish out of water by having Felicity be involved in the field. I think the sequence that she has out in the field in 22 provides the episode with some of its best moments.

TVF: Let’s talk Thea and Roy. Are they getting pulled into everything else going on with Malcolm or are they just following their own story track of finding ‘The Hood?’
MG: That’s a great question. They get pulled in. Episode 22 features the first meeting between Oliver and Roy. Obviously, ‘The Hood’ and Roy met in episode 18 but 22 is the first time Oliver and Roy are seen together. It’s really a great scene. Both actors really brought it and that scene has major consequences for Roy and Thea’s relationship.

TVF: I want to go back to Tommy. With everything going on with him, are we going to see him go down an even darker road? Just being Malcolm’s son is reason enough, perhaps.
MG: You are definitely going to want to check out episode 22.

TVF: Anything else you want to add there, Marc?
MG: I will say that the events of 22 really set up Tommy’s storyline in 23 and it’s all related to his dad and Laurel and Oliver. We’re not taking our foot off the gas and we’ll see episode 22 double down on what we’ve been doing with Tommy for the past couple of episodes. The very last shot of Tommy in 22, I think it’s really powerful….[Colin Donnell] totally sells everything with this really great, intense look so I think that everyone will be talking after his final scene in 22.

TVF: You have so many more characters on the slate going into season 2. Does that make your job more complicated or easier since you know these characters and their place?
MG: I think everything about this show is a blessing and a curse. The show has a lot of moving parts and we’re looking to do some more really focused storytelling in season 2. The one thing we always say is if you look at comic book storytelling, they have large casts of characters. It’s part of the scope and epic quality of the kind of story that we’re trying to tell so in many ways growing our cast is inevitable. Certainly, as a writer, having talented actors to write towards and write for always makes your life easier and just making sure that everyone is serviced. That’s always the tricky part.

TVF: Final question, does anyone die in the finale? At least characters we already know?
MG: Dangerously spoilery! I will say that you will know the answer to that question by the end of 22.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/05/arrow- ... -and-deat/

- Guggenheim Lights enciende el detonador para ena explosiva finale de "Arrow' ():
Guggenheim Lights enciende el detonador para ena explosiva finale de "Arrow'
Por Kiel Phegley 08 de Mayo, 2013

The CW's Wednesday night hit "Arrow" may have long ago been renewed for a second season, but show runner Marc Guggenheim tells CBR News that the producers have kept their eyes on the Season Finale target from the beginning.

Tonight, the drama adaptation of DC Comics' Green Arrow character sets up for its final confrontations with its second-to-last hour of the season. Titled "Darkness On The Edge of Town," the episode prepares Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) to face down "The Undertaking" -- a secret scheme by Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) to literally wipe the struggling Glades neighborhood off the Starling City map. In the midst of all this, Ollie's relationships begin to fall apart and his sister and Roy Harper (Coulton Haynes) work to track the vigilante known as the Hood down. The episode marks what Guggenheim calls part one of a real two-part finale with May 15's "Sacrifice."

CBR News spoke with Guggenheim (who co-wrote episode 23 with partner Andrew Kresiberg based on a story from executive producer Greg Berlanti), and below, the writer explains how the recent run of twists and turns were setting the table for "Arrow's" long terms goals, what new revelations will come with the final two island flashbacks, whether Oliver can survive The Undertaking and what will be left of his relationships with Laurel, Tommy and more after the season finale. Plus, a clip from "Darkness On The Edge of Town!"

CBR News: Marc, it looks like the "Arrow" writing staff has been working to shake things up as the season reaches its finale. Two weeks back, the episode ended with a breaking of a bunch of key relationships, and last week, we had a different reunion of sorts as Oliver broke his step father out of Malcolm Merlyn's safe house. With all those changes, how are you pulling the threads together in the last two weeks of the year?

Marc Guggenheim: I think we had a lot of the end of the season arced out at the beginning of the season. There was a lot of table setting we needed to do to get there, and we had to sort of move various chess pieces into position for episodes 22 and 23, which are really more of a two-part finale. Like in chess, the different pieces positions relative to each other create a dynamic that we were looking for. Everything is really set at the top of 22 that will take you on a rocket ride for the last two episodes.

We know we're on the cusp of "The Undertaking" -- Malcolm's plan to destroy the Glades section of Starling City with a manufactured disaster. Some characters know what that is specifically, but the cards feel largely in Malcolm's hand at this point. Why give him the power?

I think the two main things we wanted to establish leading up to the last two episodes was to get all the cards on the table in terms of the information. We wanted you to know exactly what it is Malcolm had planned so there was no mystery left in that regard. Giving Malcolm the upper hand was a big piece because we wanted to feel like Oliver doesn't have any hope of beating Malcolm. In fact, that's even more true at the beginning of 23 than it is at the beginning of 22. Whatever hope he has at the beginning of the next episode is gone by its end. Oliver's left feeling there's no way he could beat Malcolm and that any attempt to do so will lead to his own death.

Well, the story of "Arrow" is one of a guy who's cocky and needs to get knocked down before building himself back up. There's no way that whole journey can be complete by the end of just the first season, right?

What I'll tell you is this. We always say that each season we try to arc out what Oliver's character arc is for the year. This season was all about Oliver trying to build himself back up, and it's not to say that he wont' be taken down some other pegs. But he came back from Lian Yu with the very specific mission of crossing names off his father's list. And by the end of the season, I think it'll be pretty clear that he's now something greater than that. He's more than a glorified hitman. He's actually is trying to save the city. So his whole mission statement has changed over the course of Season 1, and that was a big evolution for him. Assuming he survives the events of the finale, we'll be setting up another arc and another evolution for him in Season 2.

Speaking of Ollie's time on the island, two weeks back you left the crew there with a big clffhanger as it seemed Yao Fei had defected -- and then the next week, you didn't flash back because you were explaining what The Undertaking was!

That was very much by design!

But there is a big confrontation coming for the island story as well, though in that case we know Oliver has four years left on that place before coming back. How do you ratchet up the tension there when in part the end point is known to the audience?

It does have its own challenges. I will say that the finale of the flashback story feels every bit as much of a finale as the story in the present. We're driving their towards its own season finale, and that's what the flashbacks in 22 do. They set the table for the end game. And Oliver obviously doesn't die on the island. Everybody knows that. But the question is really one of "What is Fyers plan? Will Oliver be able to stop it? What new level of development is he going to have to find, or what new gear will he have to find in order to stop Fyers?" That's really what the last two flashback episodes are about, and that sets the table for where the flashbacks will go in Season 2.

The spark that lit the fuse for all the big conflicts in the present was the episode Geoff Johns wrote a few weeks back where Tommy found out that Oliver was the vigilante. That pushed the domino pieces forward, and the latest one to fall was Oliver admitting he still had feelings for Laurel. I think the love triangle is where people have been expecting Tommy to tip towards the Merlyn family side of this fight. What kind of resolution did you look to create there?

If you think the Olvier/Tommy relationship is fraught now, wait until you see 22. Episode 22 really removes all the secrets between the three characters in the love triangle. Tommy, Oliver and Laurel really find out truths about each other that ratchets up the tension. And the whole focus of 23 -- aside from the pyrotechnics of The Undertaking and the plot mechanics of The Undertaking -- is to explode that love triangle and drive towards moments between those three characters that the love triangle exists to set up.

The other piece of the puzzle fans have been waiting for is Roy Harper's bigger role in the story. He and Thea have now dedicated themselves to meeting the vigilante, and I've got to assume that Roy will meet Oliver as a result. In that way and across the finale, how are you working to start setting more pieces of the classic Green Arrow character in place within the world of the show?

I think that both episodes offer two big steps in that direction. I don't think I'm spoiling everything by saying that we don't get all the way there by the end of episode 23, but in 22, Oliver and Roy do have their first meeting. We know that Roy met the Hood back in episode 18, but this marks the first time he'll meet Oliver as Oliver. It's a really fun scene, and both Coulton [Haynes] and Stephen [Amell] really acted it extremely well. You talk about that being an iconic moment of Roy shaking hands with Oliver, and it is an iconic moment. But we still found a way to put our own little "Arrow" spin on it.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=45362

- Katie Cassidy Adelanta los dos últimos episodios de la Season 1, el triángulo amoroso con Oliver & Tommy (huffingtonpost.com):
Katie Cassidy Adelanta los dos últimos episodios de la Season 1, el triángulo amoroso con Oliver & Tommy
Por Laura Prudom 08/05/2013 9:47 am EDT

With only two episodes remaining in Season 1 of "Arrow," the stakes are higher than ever for Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) -- both personally and professionally -- as the most recent episode saw him admit his feelings for ex-girlfriend Laurel (Katie Cassidy) after her relationship with Tommy (Colin Donnell) ended.

Meanwhile, as Tommy's father Malcolm (John Barrowman) grows closer to implementing his plan to decimate The Glades, Oliver's vigilante alter-ego will face his toughest challenge yet, since the last confrontation between The Hood and Malcolm's Dark Archer left our hero battered and broken.

To prepare for the final two episodes, "Darkness on the Edge of Town" and "Sacrifice," The Huffington Post caught up with Cassidy to find out how Oliver, Laurel and Tommy's love triangle will play into the last two hours, how her relationship with her father Quentin (Paul Blackthorne) will be tested, and whether Laurel has any suspicions about Oliver's secret identity. Read on for more!

Last week's episode was a pretty big deal for Laurel, given that she now knows that Oliver still loves her. Where does she go from here?
I think that’s the question she’s asking herself. [Laughs.] There’s always been this push and pull between Laurel and Oliver, but then, ultimately, she ended up with Tommy. After these last couple of episodes that we’ve seen, I think that she really loves Tommy and she really cares for Tommy, and there is love for Oliver as well. He’s always been the one for her, like they’re star crossed lovers ... but she’s obviously feeling confused [and] overwhelmed. I feel like she’s been overwhelmed a lot. [Laughs.] But I do really think that she loves Tommy and certainly these last two episodes play with the love triangle that’s been going on.

Her love for Tommy has been pretty well-established this season, but ever since finding out Oliver's secret, he's also had this darker side building. How concerned is Laurel about the recent changes we've seen in him?
She is concerned, because Laurel cares for other people immensely and she’s extremely sensitive to other people. I think she feels as though he’s not being honest to himself. She feels as though he’s putting on a facade and it’s time to break down this barrier, this guard that he’s put up. It’s frustrating for her.

That's somewhat true of Oliver too, considering how much he changed on the island, compared to the guy that she used to date. Have her feelings for him changed at all?
I feel as though Laurel, at this point, has always seen Oliver for who he is, and although he put on this [facade] of being a playboy and a bad boy, I still think she is trying to see the good in him. Obviously, she does get to see a side to him that has changed since the island and she may take that into consideration, but at the same time, she is in love with Tommy. And she’s seen that side to him too, so she is definitely caught between the two of them.

What's her take on Malcolm? She's always wanted Tommy to have a solid relationship with his father, but she's probably intuitive enough to have noticed that he doesn't exactly seem like the most decent or reliable guy, given her encounters with him.
Laurel feels as though Malcolm isn't necessarily the greatest. [Laughs.] I think she also knows everyone has his or her flaws. She’s a big supporter of family and she’s a big supporter of Tommy having a relationship with his father; he may have made mistakes -- she believes everybody makes mistakes at some time -- but maybe he can change, or maybe this is him changing. I think she knows that there definitely is a darker side to him. I don’t know if she wants to go there with Tommy. She wants to be the supporter for him and with him when it comes to family, although it is sort of a slippery slope with who Malcolm really is.

How's her relationship with her own father in the next two episodes? Things have been a little tense between them recently ...
[Laurel] and her father, they definitely rely on one another. Their relationship gets challenged at times ... Paul Blackthorne and I speak a lot off set about character and backstory and it’s interesting because I feel as though ... Quentin gets so frustrated with Laurel because of her actions and what’s she’s doing when really, she’s just doing what Quentin has raised her to do. She’s actually becoming better at it ... at her job and the reasons [for her actions] and during the season, he has pulled away from what his morals and values are.

And for her, she just likes being the best at her job, the best at what she believes in, and you’ll definitely get to see their relationship in jeopardy in these last two episodes. But then you’ll also see them being there for one another in tragedy and in drama; there’s a lot of conflict. But they truly love one another and the family lives and dies between the two of them and so they only have each other. That relationship is so important to her and there’s certainly moments coming up that are heartbreaking ... The relationship is definitely challenged, but then you see them as a family [being] there for one another and taking care of one another.

In last week's flashbacks, we got a little more insight into Oliver and Laurel's earlier relationship and what might have prompted him to invite her sister, Sarah, onto the boat with him. The audience now has that context, but Laurel doesn't yet, so are we going to see her having an honest conversation with Oliver about their past relationship and some of the things he's been keeping from her?
I definitely think that there are moments coming up in the next two episodes where you’ll get more backstory on their relationship and you’ll see them both be a little bit more open and honest and communicate about things that happened in their past that damaged their relationship, that damaged one another. But that may not necessarily be something that pulls them apart -- it may bring them closer together. But there certainly is that vulnerability that they can share with one another, but there’s also so much going on in the big story with the action and the production. There’s [so much] happening in the last two episodes that they almost don’t even have the opportunity to go that far.

Do you think there's any part of her that suspects that Oliver could be The Hood at this point?
I don’t think that she’s even thinking about that. I don’t think that she sees Oliver as The Hood at this point, but I don’t even think that she’s given it much thought in these last two episodes. There are things at stake that she is fighting for, so that has been on the backside of her brain. I think it’s more just fighting for things that are important to her, things that she needs; fighting for herself; fighting for her friends; fighting for her family; fighting for Tommy.

What else can you preview about the finale, "Sacrifice"?
Malcolm is continuing with his plan to level the Glades. Laurel has put her heart and soul into so much ... and you’ll definitely get to see her experience some of those things being jeopardized. The stakes are so high in this episode that I can’t even believe we shot it … you’ll see her [and] everyone at some point in danger. Everybody has to fight for themselves and everyone is experiencing something close to them or something that has been important to them that is in jeopardy. You’ll see sacrifice. You’ll see drama. It’s heartbreaking, but then there are moments that are so beautiful, that are so special. They did a really nice job with the last two episodes in covering the action side of it all and covering the character side of it all. You’ll see families come together.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/0 ... 35886.html?

- Marc Guggenheim sobre la decisión final bomba del penúltimo episodio (givememyremote.com):
Marc Guggenheim sobre la decisión final bomba del penúltimo episodio
Por Marisa Roffman 8 de Mayo, 2013

ARROW has rarely played it safe, and it seems like the tension and danger that has often permeated the show is about to explode in a massive way.

I spoke with ARROW executive producer Marc Guggenheim about making essentially two finales, Oliver getting unbalanced by his mother’s true intentions, Roy’s quest, Laurel and Thea’s decisions, and more…

There’s been a lot of talk about how massive episode 22 is, and how it is so big it could be a season finale by itself. When you guys were crafting the arc of the first season, was that something you intentionally planned out?
Marc Guggenheim: Oh, good question. I think it just sort of happened that way. I’d love to say we planned for 22 to be this huge, epic thing and it just got away from us. But the truth is we got to the end of the year, we got to the last three episodes, and we sort of had this plan that we’ve had since the beginning of the season. And we knew that 21 would be our flashback episode where we would tell everybody what the mythology of The Undertaking was all about. And then we sort of knew we had a series of moments in 22 and 23, and we just portioned them out in the logical place, and it wasn’t until the episode was finished — or until the script was finished — that we realized, “Wow, we sort of have a finale here and we still have a whole finale to go.” So, for us, it’s an embarrassment of riches.

Definitely not the worst problem in the world to have.
MG: Definitely not the worst problem in the world to have. And I think we’re very much a product of our influences, and we’ve made no secret of the fact that we’re fans of BUFFY [THE VAMPIRE SLAYER] and the way those seasons were constructed. And I think if you look at a lot of shows, the penultimate episode of the season has as many big moments as the finale, if not more. Here, our goal was to end 22 [similarly] — to pack as many great moments into 22 and still have enough gas in the tank for 23. I’ll leave it to you and the audience to decide whether we’ve successfully done that.

I can’t wait to see it. Now that Oliver is having to face the truth about his mother, what does that do to his mindset?
MG: It completely rocks his world. [In episode] 21, he just had one bomb dropped on him: that his mom had been lying to him, essentially, and is working with Malcolm. [Episode] 22 drops all the other bombs that are left, including what the connection his father has to it, what exactly the plan is. It really [disorients] Oliver in terms of his mother. And I think there’s a line in 22 where he says, he just doesn’t know anything anymore.

But the revelations go beyond just his relationship with his mother, though that’s a big component of it: it will also reorient his world view in terms of his mission. In 22, he’s contemplating the end of his mission for the first time. So there are all these huge consequences that come from the revelations of 21 and 22 that continue throughout the remainder of 22 and into 23. And that will carry us into season 2.

The other thing that is lingering on the sidelines is that Roy is pretty desperate to find out the Hood’s real identity. Are Oliver and Roy on a crash course this season or a long-term crash course?
MG: I like your phrase “long-term crash course.” I think it is more of a long-term crash course. That being said, the season does not end without Oliver and Roy meeting. And when they meet, it’s a fun moment. For the comic book fans, it’s kind of an iconic moment, Roy shaking hands with Oliver. But we put our own little ARROW spin on it as we’re wont to do.

Given that Thea is very much unknowingly between these men, what role does she play in that dynamic in the final episodes?
MG: I think Thea is placed in a very difficult position as a result of Roy meeting Oliver. In 22, she makes a big decision with respect to her relationship with Roy as a result of that encounter.

The CW has teased that Laurel also makes a decision about her life post-Tommy dumping her and Oliver revealing he’s still in love with her. Where does she go from there?
MG: Well, in 21, Oliver dumps this bomb on her that he’s still in love with her. And in 22, Laurel picks it up and confronts Oliver about it. In 21, he didn’t really give her the chance to have a conversation about the revelation; he sort of dropped the bomb and left. It was a little bit of a drive-by.

In 22, they have the conversation that Oliver didn’t want to have in 21. And that’s going to have huge repercussions, both for Laurel and Oliver, as well as Oliver and Tommy. In fact, Tommy and Oliver have a big [scene] in 22 that sets up the position of the love triangle in 23.

If — or when — someone dies in the final two episodes, do you expect there to be a massive fan reaction? Or are you thinking it’ll be a satisfying death?
MG: That’s a great question. That’s a really great question. [Pause] It’s hard to tell, honestly. I’m also struggling to answer the question without confirming the premise: sort of like [the classic entrapment question], “When did you stop beating your wife?”

I will say that between 22 and 23, if I was a betting man, whether characters live or die, we’ll have plenty of applause moments and plenty of moments that make passionate fans go, “I can’t believe they just did that.”

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/20 ... e-episode/

- Celina Jade (Shado) Habla sobre su experiencia en Arrow (greenarrowtv.com):
Celina Jade (Shado) Habla sobre su experiencia en Arrow
Por Craig Byrne 8 de Mayo, 2013

Unfinished BusinessWho knows what fear lurks in the minds of men on the island of Lian Yu?

The Shado knows.

All kidding aside, Shado is a major character from the Green Arrow mythos, brought to life on Arrow by the talented Celina Jade. Shado’s presence has changed the dynamic in the island sequences, and we’ve been fortunate enough to interview Ms. Jade about playing the iconic role. Shado plays an important role in the island happenings in the season finale, which kicks off tonight with the first part of the story, which is titled “Darkness On The Edge Of Town.” (The actual finale airs NEXT Wednesday, on May 15).

So, here’s our interview; with our questions in bold and her answers in regular type.

CRAIG BYRNE: It seems like you all have quite a team up there. Can you talk about your camaraderie with the rest of the Arrow cast?

CELINA JADE: We get along great. It’s funny, because the island scenes are done on completely different days, so I haven’t really had the opportunity to meet everybody in the city. It’s as though we’re on two completely different productions in some ways. But working with Manu [Bennett], and Byron [Mann], and Stephen [Amell] has been really fun. They’re truly cool people to work with. I’ve learned a lot, and they really do take care of me.

It’s been really cool. The action sequences are really fun. Stephen’s really good at looking out for me, if we’re doing action, he’ll tell me to be careful, and stuff like that. It’s been really fun. I’m the only girl, so I’m with a bunch of boys, but I’m used to that, because I’m sort of a tomboy myself.

I can’t wait to go to the wrap party and meet all of the main cast who are in the city, as well. I’m excited.

What is the relationship like between Shado and her father, Yao Fei, at this point?

Shado used to be a lawyer, and her father was a general in the military. He basically was framed for something that he didn’t do, and was banished to the island on Lian Yu. So, he was there, and she’s been as a lawyer trying to fight to gain his release, but the whole time in China, she had no idea where she is, and all of the sudden, one day, these guys show up at her apartment, saying “look. We know where your dad is,” and she lets her guard down. Next thing you know, she ends up on the island as Fyers’ bait to use [against] Yao Fei.

In my mind, Shado really, really admires her father. She’s an only child; China has a one-child policy. He never had a son; he trained her in all the skills she knows. She’s an incredible martial artist and archer. You can tell by how she trained Oliver that she’s not just a skilled martial artist, but she also understands the philosophy behind martial arts, like the discipline of the mind. She’s quite a centered person. She has a lot of strength, which she got from her father. I think that her priority for the longest time is “I need to free my dad,” and now that she’s on the island, she actually has a chance to free her dad, and escape this island, and hopefully be with family again.

Did you work with Byron on The Man With The Iron Fists at all?

Yes! I actually met him on The Man With The Iron Fists. Again, I was the only girl. That’s what happens when you’re doing martial arts stuff! There are not a lot of women who want to get banged and bruised up. So, yeah. I met him on The Man With The Iron Fists. He’s really cool. He’s a great guy. It was hilarious when I found out that I was playing his daughter. I came on set; we’re in make-up, and he’s there and I go “Hey! Good morning Daddy!” [laughs] I’m like “What’s up, Daddy?” and he played straight into it. He goes “You have a tattoo?”

I was like “Oh, yes, Dad. I’m really sorry I got it. I didn’t want you to find out.” He goes “Put your clothes on!” [laughs] But, yeah. He’s fun to work with, and a good guy, and it’s very funny that I’m playing his daughter.

How does Shado’s presence change the dynamic between Oliver and Slade?

We have yet to find out. The producers are really good in terms of keeping me on my toes. But I think the dynamic is quite interesting. Because she’s the only girl, there is a little bit of a hint of jealousy, that Slade thinks “That girl. Why does she believe in Oliver? This guy can’t fight, he can’t hold himself against anybody at the moment…” There’s also definitely a competitiveness that goes on between Slade and Shado, that is flirtatious but at the same time hard core. Slade’s going to be like “Who’s this chick? She shows up on the island, she’s just as good of a fighter as I am, we’re quite on par with each other,” and she’s got these really bizarre teachings that Slade is very, very skeptical about. I just think the dynamic between the characters is really cool, and the fact that Shado can play somebody in Oliver’s life where she helped him, I like to think that she helped him find the hero within himself.

I don’t know if you’ve ever tried to teach somebody martial arts, but when you try to teach somebody martial arts, a lot of times there’s a lot of doubt that comes with it. “I don’t know if I can do this. I don’t know if I can kick so high. I don’t want to get punched in the face…” but because her teaching methods are so different, it actually takes away the doubt that comes with learning. Also, the pressure of being on the island and trying to get off of it… so I think that her philosophy is so different that Oliver can learn, and without knowing it, he’s actually training, and he’s becoming stronger, and he starts to realize “You know what? I can do it.” And the beauty of when a person or a character feels “I can actually do this,” the learning curve starts to really propel.

You’ve talked a lot about what Oliver can learn from Shado, but what can Slade learn from Shado?

A sense of humor? No, I’m joking. I don’t know. That’s a good question. I need to think about that.

Do you think we’ll ever be able to see Shado’s backstory being told on screen?

She’s talked about her backstory a little bit in Episode 19, about her father and stuff like that. I don’t know what’s going to happen in Season 2 yet.

In the comic books, Shado is a much more ruthless, hardened character. Do you think that this version of Shado might be at that point at some time?

I think it’s possible. I like to think that Shado’s character has some story to tell. She is on the island. A lot is going to happen on the island. That’s going to definitely mold her character. Whether it becomes more like who she is in the comic books, or not, it’s hard to tell, but I like to think that you’ll see her grow a lot.

Did you have to do any archery training in order to play Shado?

Yes. I did have to do archery training to play Shado, absolutely. I’ve done a lot of action before; I’ve never had to do archery, but my father actually was a very keen archer when I was a kid. He still has, ’til today, a collection of bows and arrows, but then his bows are like 100, 150 pounds to pull, so there’s no way I could pull it. But I learned a bit of archery when I was a kid, because of my dad, and being on this show has been really cool, because one, my Home Invasiondad has another thing to make fun of me for. He’s now like “Okay. Not only are you following in my footsteps in becoming a martial arts actress, but you’re also doing archery now. Everything you thought was only Dad’s thing when you were a kid, you’re actually going to do now.” So yeah, I’ve been doing training, and it’s fun, because it’s not just learning archery; it’s learning how to be on your feet and moving, and shooting things at the same time. I really would love to get a hold of a bow and arrow and ship it back home, except I think Immigration would probably stop me, and I would have a lot of explaining to do.

Is there any possibility we might someday see Shado in Starling City, and not on the island?

I hope so. I don’t know. I hope so. I think that would be so cool. But at this moment, I don’t know yet. We haven’t spoken about Shado’s character development. I am grateful that she is still alive. I hope I don’t pick up the next episode script, open it up and go “What? I’m dead? Huh?”

We joke about it, because I asked “if somebody really gets killed off, what happens?” and then they said “well, you know, probably the producers would call you up and say ‘we really enjoy working with you, but we’re killing you now.” So I said, “oh, well that’s easy, then! Whenever I get a call from a producer, I’m just going to refuse to pick up!” [laughs]

I saw on your official website that you have a music album. Can you talk about your music, and where people can purchase it?

Yeah. I just released my album independently. It’s on iTunes, so you can buy it on iTunes. It’s my first ever self-written album. It’s cool, because whether somebody finds it tomorrow, or twenty years down the line, it’s there. It’s not like the old days, where you had a CD and once it’s sold out, it’s sold out. It’s cool, because I’m growing up, and my music’s going to grow with me. Who knows. Maybe my next album will be completely different than my last one. I really enjoyed with Kevin Corrigan, who was the producer on the album. He was very, very supportive, and we wrote it together. Whenever we had a creative block, we went for a walk, and just made it happen, and now I have an album.

Is there anything you’re allowed to tease about the finale?

The season finale is incredible for the island. It is intense, is all I can say, and I think fans are going to love and hate the last episode. They’re going to love it, because it’s amazing; but they’re going to hate it, because the pain of waiting for Season 2 is going to be intense.

Let’s put it this way: I think Arrow’s going to go out with a bang.

What do you have planned for your summer hiatus?

As soon as I’m done, after the Arrow wrap party, I am flying straight back to Hong Kong. I am arriving 8AM on Tuesday morning, going straight into rehearsals for a musical which I am going to be performing in. We have fifteen shows starting May 16th, so yeah, it’s going to be rehearsals every single day.

It’s the first time I’m leading a musical, and I’m working with some absolutely incredible actors from West End, and an award-winning musical director. They’re so incredibly talented. So, yes, I’m going to be doing that, and trying to hold my own, projecting over 30 people, and also making sure I’m not singing out of tune. [laughs] I’ll be doing that, and then hopefully I’ll have a little bit of time; I really would like to take time off to go somewhere quiet, and meditate, and just cut myself from the world, and then come back in July for Season 2.

Do you have anything else you would like to say to the fans who may be reading this?

Enjoy the Season 1 finale. Waiting for Season 2 is going to be painful!

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/interview-c ... ence/14140

- Willa Holland Habla sobre los shocks finales de 'Arrow' Finale (etonline.com):
Willa Holland Habla sobre los shocks finales de 'Arrow' Finale
Por JARETT WIESELMAN 8 de Mayo, 2013

Playing the little sister to a TV show's main character can relegate you to episode-ending scenes that consist of hearing about how amazing the lead's day was -- but in the case of Thea Queen, and Willa Holland, Arrow has injected her right into the action ... although, that could potentially seal her fate in the all-bets-off season finale.

At least that's the sense I got from, first, The CW's finale synopsis, and then my interview with Holland, who readily admits fans won't know which way is up for the entire episode. Not only does she serve up a mean tease, but Willa got real about her TV history and her upcoming feature film, Tiger Eyes, the first Judy Blume book to ever be adapted for cinema!

ETonline: I loved watching the show slowly evolve into an ensemble this season -- was that the plan all along?
Willa Holland: Originally, Katie [Cassidy, Laurel], Colin [Donnell, Tommy] and myself signed on as series regulars, but we all knew the show was Stephen Amell-based. So we waited for things to start rolling for us, while being surprised and excited by everything we were given along the way. I mean, we were sitting there, like starving children, waiting for the writers to feed us and then we all got these amazing meals. It's been such an amazing experience.

ETonline: The big push for Thea has been since the introduction of Roy Harper, played by Colton Haynes. What do you like about their relationship?
Holland: I love that Roy kind of made Thea realize she wanted to be virtuous. She got her head screwed back on her shoulders thanks to him. Seeing how reckless he's been with life choices despite having so much potential, Thea realized she didn't want to be reckless anymore. And she didn't want him to waste that potential either, so now she's trying to coax Roy into thinking that way too. It's slowly becoming a healthy relationship for both of them.

ETonline: Last we saw, Thea and Roy set out to un-hood The Vigilante. How close do they get to that this week?
Holland: We get pretty close. They're definitely on the trail this week -- especially in one scene, which is amazing because it's not only the whole cast together, but has Roy and Thea right in the middle of all this Hood-ness without any idea! And Oliver is none too happy to see them in that moment. But, I still have to admit, we still have not uncovered his identity.

ETonline: How do you think Thea would react to learning The Hood's identity?
Holland: I still haven't quite come to a clear-headed decision about it. We're all on the fence between two ideas: either she'd be so resentful for him keeping this secret or she would be so in awe of what he's accomplished. It could really go either way. I'm still trying to sink my teeth into that idea.

ETonline: The CW's description of Sacrifice, the finale, included this line: "After hearing of the danger in The Glades, Thea races to find Roy, inadvertently putting herself directly in the line of fire for Malcolm's devious plan." That makes me think Thea is going to die...
Holland: You should be very worried about her -- but you should be worried about everyone. They worded that tease very much towards Thea, but every character has an insanely nailbiting moment.

ETonline: How much of the finale will be spent watching from the edge of my seat?
Holland: Probably the entire time [laughs]. Especially the last 15 minutes, but I would be surprised if it wasn't the whole episode.

ETonline: How cool is it to be on a show that developed a super passionate fanbase so quickly?
Holland: It was quite amazing, I have to say. I've done quite a few TV shows and those are what I get recognized for on the street, and at times, I will totally admit, there has been some reluctant behavior for me when people have come up to me. But no matter what mood I'm in, if a fan comes up and mentions Arrow, it makes me instantly happy. I'm so proud of this show and I'm really stoked that fans were so enthusiastic about the show so quickly. I mean, I got recognized for Arrow at the airport when I was headed to Vancouver to shoot the second episode. That was kind of crazy.

ETonline: Given that, were you looking to do TV?
Holland: No. After my other TV stints, I decided to take a sabbatical and decided that when I came back, I wouldn't do any more television. For about two or three years I didn't audition for a single one. Then I got Arrow, and it was pretty awesome. I swear, it was the only pilot I looked at in three years and it was a godsend. I wanted to put on a cape and shoot an arrow -- I mean, Thea isn't going to do that any time soon, but the potential is there, so I couldn't turn down that option!

ETonline: You also star in Tiger Eyes, the first feature film to be adapted from a Judy Blume book. How was making that movie?
Holland: It was awesome. It's actually the first project I was number one (on the call sheet) for and my hat is seriously off to Stephen Amell now. I didn't have to do half the physical work he did, but waking up at 6 a.m. for an 18-hour day where you're in every scene, is a lot. But it's so worth it when it's an interesting piece of material, and you have a crew as phenomenal as we did in New Mexico. It was so amazing working on this film.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/133789_Willa ... index.html

- Katie Cassidy Gives Nos da su ángulo sobre el Triángulo amoroso de ‘Arrow’ (speakeasy.com):
Katie Cassidy Gives Nos da su ángulo sobre el Triángulo amoroso de ‘Arrow’
Por Alexandra Cheney 8 de Mayo, 2013, 4:00 PM

BEVERLY HILLS — Team Oliver or Team Tommy?

Both are billionaire playboys with good intentions and bad habits.

The lady in between the longtime friends, Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) has had a rough time lately. Tommy (Colin Donnell) broke up with her, Oliver (Stephen Amell) revealed he’s still in love with her.

But whom to choose?

And while her love life is a mess, her work like may have a similar fate. Malcolm (John Barrowman), the patriarch of the Merlyn family, is cooking up a storm to level the Glades, where Laurel works.

With just two episodes before the season one finale, Katie Cassidy came by the Wall Street Journal offices in Beverly Hills to talk about her character’s love triangle and reveal her personal vendetta against Malcolm.

The Wall Street Journal: Laurel is in quite the quandary. Tommy recently broke up with Laurel and Oliver revealed something juicy.

Katie Cassidy: That was tough. Laurel really loves Tommy. She goes to Oliver to help her figure it out — as a friend — because that’s what they’ve been and that’s where the relationship is at and he revels some other information that he has feelings for her and is still in love with her. I think she’s a bit confused.

Is she invested in this relationship?

I do think she really loves Tommy. She loves Oliver as well, it’s do you follow your heart, do you follow your head? I think Tommy has shown another side of him that she’s truly fallen for. He breaks up with her and she’s heartbroken and Oliver is there for her, at times he hasn’t, but certainly most recently he has. It’s a whole other level of emotions that get brought up when he tells Laurel that he can’t go tell Tommy and that he still loves her too. I think she’s confused. She doesn’t know what to do.

Is a post-island Oliver capable of loving her and getting into relationship?

I think that post-island Oliver is capable of loving her. I think he’s capable, I just don’t know if they are capable of getting back into a relationship.

There’s a series of flashbacks in the previous episode that reveal Oliver’s reasons for getting on the boat.

Yes, they’re directly tied to Laurel and something she asked him. She asked if he would move in with her, and like a boy, he got spooked and ended up running into the arms of her sister.

Has she forgiven him for taking her sister on the boat?

I don’t know. I think she has accepted it, but it’s not something that she is going to forget. Those feelings don’t ever go away, as time goes by they get less and less, they affect you less. I think those wounds are still there but they are not as deep. I think she tries to forgive people. She tries to keep peace.

If she decides to choose Oliver over Tommy, could she be happy the way they were?

Oliver and Laurel could find happiness but more of a realistic relationship. As a young teenage child it was a fantasy world, it was almost like a fairy tale, the love of her life, pure and vulnerable. But so many things have happened, as you get older into adulthood, everybody has issues. It’s a matter of can these two people work it out. It would have to be more of an open relationship where it’s not some sort of fairytale and everything is perfect. There’s a lot they would have to work through. Anything can happen with her, she’s open to new things and new ideas. I think it will be tough for them.

Laurel also goes head-to-head with Malcolm, who has a plan to level the Glades.

CNRI [The law offices Laurel works for] is in the Glades and I don’t think his move was expected. It comes as a shock to everyone, I think she will do anything she can. She has put her heart and soul into CNRI. It is in the Glades and the Glades are being threatened. She will do anything she can to try and save it. You see her and you see that aspect of her. You’ll see her fight for a lot of things. Relationships, with Tommy, with Oliver, I feel like everything is so heightened. Everybody is fighting for something.

How long can the love triangle of Laurel, Oliver and Tommy continue before something goes awry?

Well I don’t know. “Dawson’s Creek,” Joey, Pacey, Dawson went on for a while. I have no idea what is going to happen. I think the journey she’s gone on, she’s gotten a lot stronger, seeing the Arrow and working with him at one point. I think they will continue on that journey of her growing into herself and if it’s possible I think things that end up developing will motivate her more in her job and life to fight for what is right. She’ll get even stronger. It’s actually the way I am as a person.

What do you mean?

For what I do as an actor, you go out there and read material you really want and characters and obviously you don’t get them sometimes and it motivates me even more. It gives me more drive, makes me want to do even better. Laurel is a lot like that. Not only does she want to have the best job or the perfect relationship she wants to be the one driving the train. She wants to fight for what’s right. If that means going outside of the law then that’s something she will eventually be doing. I think she will get stronger, I think she will have a lot on her plate. Certain relationships for her will become more important to her than we may necessarily not think.

Like with whom?

Knowing Laurel, she fights for what she believes in. She’s a really good girl but she’s not going to be walked all over. She’s a fighter and believer. Paul Blackthorne, who plays my father, is a really intimidating man. I love working with him and having scenes with him, Laurel stands up to her father. We tend to work the same way. I think I shake him a little bit. He’s not used to this younger girl in his face calling him out on things. I think she is strong to stand up to people that she does. There’s something about danger that she’s attracted to. I think there’s a little darkness in everyone and she thrives off of it. With her helping the Arrow, with dating Tommy, Tommy is not a known to be the greatest guy. I think there’s something about that danger she’s intrigued by

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/05/ ... -triangle/?

- Showrunner de Arrow adelanta los dos útimos dos episodios 'de locura', la resolución de Oliver/Laurel y la química de 'Olicity' (hollywood.com):
Showrunner de Arrow adelanta los dos útimos dos episodios 'de locura', la resolución de Oliver/Laurel y la química de 'Olicity'
Por Sydney Bucksbaum 2:55pm EDT

All the pieces are in place for an explosive final two episodes of Arrow. Oliver (Stephen Amell) knows his mother Moira (Susanna Thompson) is up to something nefarious with Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman), Laurel (Katie Cassidy) knows that Oliver still loves her after Tommy Merlyn (Colin Donnell) dumped her and told her the truth, and Thea (Willa Holland) agreed to help Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) find the vigilante. Plus, The Undertaking is finally upon us!

Executive producer Marc Guggenheim knows that he and the rest of the Arrow showrunners have a lot of balls up in the air when the penultimate episode, "Darkness On the Edge of Town," airs on Wednesday night, and he couldn’t be more excited for fans to watch them fall.

"It’s insane. The story line I’m most excited for fans to see play out is the resolution of the Oliver/Laurel/Tommy love triangle," Guggenheim tells Hollywood.com. "I think that’s the character story line that gets the most exciting in the final two episodes."

Now that Laurel knows that Oliver still loves her, expect the drama to heat up again between the exes. "I think that she had always thought that Oliver had moved on. That whether he loved her or not, once you sleep with someone’s sister, you’re not getting back together anytime soon or ever," Guggenheim says. "She thought, at the very least, that whether Oliver had feelings for her or not it was very much a moot point. Obviously she was shocked to discover in 21 that it is very much not a moot point. That’s the quandary she finds herself in at the top of 22."

Will Laurel choose get back together with Oliver now that she knows the truth? "Well, the world as she understood it has changed. It’s been upended," Guggenheim explains. "She never thought that Oliver would try to get back together with her or acknowledge feelings that would open that door. It’s a development that she certainly didn’t expect and thus is trying to wrap her brain around it when 22 begins."

While Laurel struggles with her romantic relationships, Oliver will have his hands full with his familial relationships… specifically, with his mother Moira. "He hasn’t even learned the complete truth about her yet. He’s learned that she’s been lying, that she’s been working with Malcolm Merlyn, but he doesn’t know that they plan to destroy the city," Guggenheim reveals. "And he doesn’t know the connection that his father had to this whole Undertaking. So there’s still a lot of bombs left to explode, and we’re actually going to blow them all up in Episode 22."

One of those bombs is the result of Thea and Roy’s search for the vigilante. "22 features the first time that Oliver and Roy meet, and it’s a fun moment," Guggenheim reveals. "It’s a big moment in the life of our series and it will have pretty big repercussions for the Roy/Thea relationship."

Another shocking, upcoming moment has already been teased thanks to some spoiler-filled finale photos The CW released. We already know Malcolm will somehow capture the vigilante, tie him up and de-hood him. But how will Oliver get into that situation? "It’s certainly a spoiler for sure. I don’t want to spoil it even further by saying how he specifically got there but there will be no doubt by the end of Episode 22 how he got there," Guggenheim teases. "There are so many spoiler-worthy moments in these last two episodes that we decided that we could afford to spin one. And even with that spoiler out there, there’s still plenty in the last two hours of the show to be shocked by."

That’s quite the understatement, and according to Guggenheim, fans of Oliver/Felicity relationship should definitely not miss Wednesday’s episode – as if any Arrow fan would ever miss an episode! "Episode 22 features a moment between the two of them where I think it will only pour gasoline on the fire because the chemistry between them is so palpable," Guggenheim reveals. "I think 22 will increase the number of people shipping Oliver and Felicity."

Guggenheim himself has been feeding the flames of "Olicity" shippers in the past month since he has been tweeting out lines of dialogue between Felicity and Oliver that could only be described as incredibly flirtatious and teasing. "I love doing it. When I did the very first one it was this lark, and then it started this mini Twitter fire storm," Guggenheim says. "What I really love, and quite frankly am appreciative of, is the fact that everyone is in on the game. They know it’s a tease, they know that we all share a love of Felicity, and I love the fact that people are shipping Oliver and Felicity and coining the term 'Olicity.' It makes me really happy."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/tv/550126 ... -interview

- Stephen Amell Teases That Facades 'Melt Away' at the End of Season 1 (givememyremotetv):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow 1.23 "Sacrifice" Promo:

- Arrow 1.23 "Sacrifice" Extended Promo:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 1.22 Darkness on de edge of town. Puedes encontrarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ¿Será Oliver Capaz de Derrotar a the Dark Archer? (TVGuide):
¿Será Oliver Capaz de Derrotar a the Dark Archer?
Por Natalie Abrams 10 de Mayo, 2013 01:53 PM ET

With the Undertaking drawing near, Oliver is in the worst place he could be to save The Glades: Malcolm Merlyn's captivity.

In Arrow's penultimate episode, Oliver (Stephen Amell) set his sights on Malcolm (John Barrowman), unaware that his former best friend's father is actually the Dark Archer who once defeated him. Now, make that twice. Will Oliver be able to free himself from Merlyn and stop the Dark Archer's evil plans of leveling The Glades? TVGuide.com turned to executive producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg for an in-depth interview on the finale, including Oliver and Laurel's (Katie Cassidy) future, a new side of Detective Lance (Paul Blackthorne) and a Thea (Willa Holland) moment that may make fanboys happy:

What's in store for the finale, scarily titled "Sacrifice"?
Marc Guggenheim: It's a culmination of a lot of different things. It's a culmination of our season-long mythology, what we call the Undertaking, as well as the character dynamics that really were set up in the pilot, both in terms of Moira's (Susanna Thompson) duplicity, as well as the love triangle between Oliver, Laurel and Tommy. That really reaches a boiling point in the finale.

What's the scope of the finale like?
Guggenheim: It is going to be epic. We took over one of the old Watchmen sets and populated it with 200 extras. We're going to be on a rooftop. It is the fight to end all fights, but I don't want to give the impression that the episode is just one big, long fight sequence. What we have planned is pretty big and cool. It also has a lot of emotional climaxes as well.

Oliver is now in the custody of Malcolm. What will happen to him?
Guggenheim: [Wednesday's episode] ended with Malcolm Merlyn exposing himself to Oliver. Oliver has learned that Malcolm is not just the architect of the Undertaking, but also the Dark Archer who defeated him in Episode 9. Oliver has been defeated by Malcolm yet again and become Malcolm's captive. The finale resolves that cliff-hanger, but this all happens in the wake of Oliver and Laurel sleeping together.

What is Oliver's mindset like going into the finale?
Guggenheim: Because by the time the finale begins, he's faced Malcolm twice and has been defeated very soundly by him two times, Oliver's mindset is that he doesn't expect to survive. Basically the theme of sacrifice, which is why the episode is called "Sacrifice," is very present because Oliver knows that he can't face Malcolm and win. So any mission he undertakes against Malcolm is essentially a suicide mission, but he's willing to do whatever he needs to do in order to stop the Undertaking even if that means his own death.

How much is Tommy (Colin Donnell) actually aware of what his father is doing?
Guggenheim: Great question. I don't want to spoil too much, but I will say that with Episode 19, which culminated in Tommy leaving Oliver's club and going to work for his dad, that trajectory really finds its zenith in the finale. Their relationship is going to be changed forever. I think what's wonderful about the finale is there's no more secrets left and everyone's cards are out on the table.
Andrew Kresiberg: No one is holding anything back anymore and everyone is saying everything that they've always wanted to say, and everybody's finding out everything they've always wanted to find out. It's going to be our best episode yet.

Oliver and Laurel hooked up! What will we see for them in the finale?
Guggenheim: You definitely see the repercussions of that and actually that act echoes throughout the finale for both of them. We tried to handle it in the way that was most true to both characters and their evolution. They have a wonderful scene in the finale that really speaks not just to them sleeping together, but to their entire relationship — and not just over the course of the season, but over the course of their entire lives. Episode 21 gave us a real glimpse into what their relationship was like before Oliver went on the boating trip. So the finale takes all that information and ties a nice bow around it and perhaps gives you some new insight into what the nature of their relationship is and what actually keeps them together.

Might we get a hint towards Laurel's future as Black Canary in the finale?
Guggenheim: I don't really think so. We had a lot of ground to cover. The assembled cut was very long and there were all sorts of choices we had to make in order to tell the story that we're telling, so unfortunately no. We know fans love those moments and we would've loved to include one in the finale, but there's so much other stuff going on that it had to wait for next year.

What can you tell us about Detective Lance picking up Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) for questioning?
Guggenheim: That's an incredibly fun scene. It'll come as no surprise to anyone that Emily is brilliant in it. Felicity tells Lance something that really has profound effect on Lance and alters his world view. As a result of that encounter, he takes actions that directly impact him and the city in the finale. It's very much a load-bearing thing. It's not just schmuck-bait for the audience. Much of the finale pivots on that encounter.

What can you tell us about the flashback in the finale?
Guggenheim: Well, Oliver suffers a major loss at the end of [Wednesday's episode] in terms of the flashbacks with the death of Yao Fei (Byron Mann). So Oliver is dealing with the emotional repercussions of that as well as the huge threat of Fyers' (Sebastian Dunn) plan to shoot down an airliner. It forces Oliver to find another level of potential that he didn't think he was capable of. So the question really for Oliver is: Will he rise to the challenge and be able to defeat Fyers and his plan once and for all especially without the support system of Yao Fei?
Kresiberg: I think what's exciting in the finale is that Oliver on the island really takes a major step towards becoming the Oliver that we see in the present day.

Everyone expects Slade (Manu Bennett) to become Deathstroke. Will we see a hint of that soon?
Guggenheim: I think you [saw] the first step in that direction actually in [Wednesday's episode], and then it's a limp in that direction.
Kresiberg: I'm not sure you're going to know it though. We obviously love Manu and we're so excited that he's going to be a regular next season, but I would caution anybody who thinks that they know which way the story is going to go. What's always interesting about the island is you know that Oliver survives the flashbacks, so there's no suspense in that, but it's who lives and who dies, and what they do and how they do it amongst everyone else that he meets on the island. That's the stuff that is constantly the surprise and the thing that you don't see coming. So we always want to use the comic book trajectories as not just a guideline for where the show is going to go, but rather yet another means to surprise you.

Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) is trying to track the Hood down. How will that culminate in the finale?
Guggenheim: He has a real heroic moment. He has probably his first genuine moment of heroism on the show.
Kresiberg: Since we introduced him, he really was a ne'er-do-well on the wrong side of the law, and after the Arrow saves his life, it's really turned him around. He's been searching for the Arrow, but what he's really been searching for is the hero in himself in a way. When this crisis occurs in the finale, he really gets the chance to fulfill what he sees as his destiny, which is transforming from criminal into hero, and that act and the consequences of that act are going to help define him through the second season.

How does Thea play a role in that?
Kresiberg: For the fanboy, Thea is going to do something which will allude to a possible future for her which is going to make fanboys very excited. What's been interesting about this season is that, on the whole, Oliver's return really has changed everyone's lives. Not a single one of our characters at the end of the season is where they were at the beginning. One of the biggest transformations of all has been Thea, who, when we first met her, was essentially just Oliver's bratty sister and this party girl, tabloid, debutant. By the end of this season, she's also willing to risk her life for what she believes in. That's why we titled the finale "Sacrifice," because everybody is willing to die for love, for justice, for honor, for what they believe in, for Oliver. And Thea is also presented with that same choice to make.

Can the same be said for his unofficial Scooby gang in Diggle (John Diggle) and Felicity?
Kreisberg: Felicity was just an IT girl and John Diggle was a little bit lost. He was a soldier and he came back into the world, and he was probably looking for a more honorable way to live and Oliver found that. I mean there's a great line in the finale that I think I can ruin, "A soldier doesn't let a brother go into battle solo," which Dig says to Oliver, and it shows how far they've come as partners, as friends, as brothers, as fellow soldiers, as men of honor, and it really brings the season full circle.

Will we see any special guest stars or returning faces in the finale?
Guggenheim: You'll definitely see some retuning faces. We brought the whole gang back together for the finale, which is really, really great and once we did that there really wasn't room for any new faces, but you'll get to see our entire cast plus Hilton (Roger Cross) and Joanna (Annie Ilonzeh) from the earlier half of the year, which is really fun for us because it kind of feels like we brought everyone back together.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Seaso ... 65350.aspx

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Marc Guggenheim & Andrew Kreisberg Answer Fan Questions - Interview 1:

- Marc Guggenheim & Andrew Kreisberg Answer Fan Questions - Interview 2:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Andrew Kreisberg Habla Sobre la Season Finale de Arrow (greenarrowtv.com):
Andrew Kreisberg Habla Sobre la Season Finale de Arrow
Por Craig Byrne 13 de Mayo, 2013

Wednesday night, May 15 brings us the highly-anticipated first season finale for Arrow on The CW. The episode title, which is ominous in itself, is “Sacrifice.” We’re not ready to guess who or what will be sacrificed this week, but we did get some hints about the finale and moments to come from the show’s Executive Producer, Andrew Kreisberg, in an interview that we conducted this morning.

Our questions to Mr. Kreisberg are presented in bold; his answers are not. And remember — Wednesday night, be sure to watch live so none of the surprises are spoiled. Enjoy:

CRAIG BYRNE: A lot of people are excited for the confrontation between Oliver and Malcolm in Wednesday’s finale. How much of that can you tease?

ANDREW KREISBERG: I think they got a real sense at the end of “Darkness On The Edge Of Town,” that while Oliver hates Malcolm, Malcolm doesn’t necessarily hate Oliver, which I think adds an interesting dynamic to things.

Oliver has lost twice to the Dark Archer, and I think that Oliver himself isn’t sure that he could beat him, so the way things play out in the finale, I think, will be both surprising and exciting for the fans.

What can you tell me about the Markov device, and what might happen if it is activated?

Well, you heard from Moira that if activated, it could cause an earthquake.

We talked about it… we knew that Malcolm wanted to level the Glades. That’s something that we thought about early on when we were conceiving Series 1, but we wanted to keep it somewhat in the realm of possibility, rather than just a nuclear bomb that would detonate things.

Malcolm’s goal isn’t to destroy for destruction’s sake. He really wants to save the city and rebuild it. So, reducing it to rubble and starting from scratch feels like a justfiable way for him to go about it.

Our production designers and our prop people came up with an amazing look for the device, and it’s pretty cool when you see it.

So if Malcolm doesn’t succeed, do you think he will feel that he has failed this city?

I think at the end of this episode, a lot of people are going to feel like they have failed the city.

Are you allowed to say if everyone is going to make it out of this finale alive?

Who’s everyone?

Everyone that we’ve seen before.

Everyone that we’ve seen before? I would say that the finale is surprising, and emotional, and you’re just going to have to tune in.

That other comic book company will soon have a show on the air based on one of their properties. Is there any pressure to make Arrow even bigger for Season 2 as a result?

You know, I’m as excited about SHIELD as anybody. I think that the pressure that we feel is even more the pressure that we put on ourselves. We’re really proud of Season 1, and the show itself is bigger and bolder and more epic than we ever thought was possible. For ourselves, we want to continue that into Season 2.

Some of the stuff we landed upon was by accident, and some of it was by design. For Season 2, we’re trying to make it as much of it by design as possible. So the pressure we feel is more the pressure we put on ourselves, rather than from any external force. Even a force as strong as SHIELD.

Was there anything that fans responded to from Arrow Season 1, really well, that kind of took you by surprise?

I think the biggest was Felicity. Felicity wasn’t a part of our conception of our show at the beginning, and really, was just a one-off, but we had fun with the writing, and then Emily came in and just blew our socks off and really filled out the part. As soon as people saw her, and as soon as the studio saw her and the network saw her, they were like “we really like her, we want to see more of her,” and now, she’s such an integral part of the show, it’s hard to even believe that at one time she wasn’t even a part of it. That’s probably, far and away, the biggest surprise of the season, as far as what the fans have reacted to.

Are there any moments in the season finale that will really stand out for comic book fans?

Yeah. There’s a…. wait, let me think. [Stops himself before spoiling anything] Always in any given episode, there are shoutouts to the DCU universe. More than anything, I hope that we’ve delivered an almost movie experience for the fans. The finale is so big, and so huge, and is such a game changer for so many characters. I hope that people will look at it and go “wow. That was one of the best season finales after a really good season” that that they’ve ever seen.

Speaking of the shout-outs, Ted Kord was recently name-checked on the show. Is there any chance we might see him in the flesh on Arrow in Season 2?

Aside from the major Superman and Batman characters, DC has been really good about letting us play with their roster. We’d never say never to anybody. Kord Industries actually plays a part in my Booster Gold pilot, so, who knows. He might be on two different shows, played by two different actors.

So there’s no chance the two shows could exist in the same universe?

There’s always a possibility. There’s a line in the Booster Gold pilot where somebody says “we finally have our own hero. Not like that nut in Starling City with the hood.” I don’t know if they’re going to let me keep that line over there, if they [Syfy] actually make the pilot, but it sort of makes me smile to think that it’s the same universe.

How far ahead have you guys mapped out for Season 2 or beyond?

In the back of our heads, we’ve had a lot of stuff that we’ve proposed for very far ahead, that go almost to the final episode of the series, hopefully which is many years away. But for Season 2, the writers… we came back right away. We felt like we were in a groove, and we’ve already mapped out major arcs for Season 2, and pitched that to the studio, and we’re really excited about jumping back in and picking up where the finale leaves off.

We recently got to see where Diggle lives. Will we learn more about Felicity’s home life in Season 2?

That’s definitely the plan. We have a pretty fun idea for what Felicity’s home life is like; what sort of home would produce such an amazing, wonderful, insecure, tough as nails, vulnerable, hilarious girl like Felicity Smoak. We’re certainly excited to explore that.

Should we expect for the conflict between Oliver and Tommy to grow even more after whatever happens in the finale?

Yeah. Their friendship has obviously been central to the show. Oliver came back and Tommy was one of the first people there welcoming him home. They’ve obviously had their trials and tribulations this season, and it all comes to a head in the finale.

Do you have any final words about the finale?

I would say to make sure to have tissues and a defibrilator ready, because it’s both emotional and exciting. We’re proud of it.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/interview-a ... nale/14197

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- El productor ejecutivo Andrew Kreisberg adelanta el romance de Oliver y Laurel, el oscuro viaje de Tommy y el explosivo final de la primera temporada del miércoles (thetvaddict.com):
El productor ejecutivo Andrew Kreisberg adelanta el romance de Oliver y Laurel, el oscuro viaje de Tommy y el explosivo final de la primera temporada del miércoles
Por Tiffany Vogt 14 de Mayo, 2013

After one hell of a wild ride this first season, ARROW is not about to hit the brakes in its final hour – particularly when the first season finale is racing towards a major explosion, one of the earthquake kind and another involving hidden secrets. In an exclusive interview, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg previewed what our heroes will be faced with in the finale, whether there is hope for the budding romances, and whether death will come a calling.

After witnessing the Laurel/Oliver tryst will Tommy’s broken heart propel him down a much darker path for the 2nd season?
ANDREW: Tommy’s broken heart will put people to a very unexpected place. There have been the fans waiting for Tommy to turn to the darkside and then there are fans that are hoping he won’t. I think in the finale, the way things lay out, people are going to be both surprised and, we hope, gratified at the path that Tommy takes.

So Tommy could be taking a path of his own choosing and he may not be choosing the light path or the dark path yet?
ANDREW: Everyone in the finale is faced with a choice and I think Tommy’s choice is one of the more interesting that we have come up with.

Oliver is of course going to be keeping this big secret from Laurel as he’s probably not going to be telling her about his secret identity any time soon. How long can their romance last in the face of that challenge?
ANDREW: (Laughs) I don’t know. They got away with it for a pretty long time on SMALLVILLE. I think Season 1 has proven to the audience that we’re interested in defying expectations. So in Season 2 some people may find out Oliver’s secret and it may not be who people are expecting; but at the heart of the series is the Oliver/Laurel romance. So if her finding out sooner rather than later is the most exciting and dramatic way to tell the story, then that’s something we’ll pursue. But if her being none the wiser serves our purposes, then that’s what we’ll stick with.

So you’re not giving any hope for the Oliver/Felicity fans who are waiting on that romantic opportunity?
ANDREW: I certainly think that for the Olicity shippers there’s a nice moment for them in the finale. We never say “never” on this show. When Greg, Marc and I created ARROW, Felicity wasn’t a part of the pilot. It was sort of a one-off character and we had some fun with the writing and Emily filled in the rest; and now none of us can imagine the show without her. So where that relationship goes is something that is constantly surprising us. It’s definitely something we’ll be exploring in the future.

What about Roy and Thea? We saw their painful breakup in the last episode. Is there going to be any hope for them or is Roy going to be determinedly following his own path?
ANDREW: The Roy/Thea relationship is something we’re really invested in and it’s something we’re looking forward to playing with moving forward. They’re crazy kids. They say things they didn’t mean. They have some great scenes in the finale that we’re really excited about.

One of things we’ve noticed is there are a lot of raging hormones on the show and you are not afraid to go there. What would you say is the next coupling that people should keep an eye out for?
ANDREW: Good question. I don’t think there’s any new couplings in the finale that are going to surprise people, but we have some ideas for Season 2 that we think will be some jaw-droppers.

And what about Walter? It looked like he might be gone for good. Is Colin Salmon still with the series?
ANDREW: We had Colin booked for 2 more episodes this season, and as you can see, Walter did not die. He’s still out there in the world. We love working with Colin and there’s always the possibility he’ll be back for more in the future.

That would be awesome! Every time he’s on screen, I just want to hug him. There’s something warm about him. You just want to be a part of his world.
ANDREW: (Laughs) I could just listen to his voice all day. He could read the phone book to me and I’d happily listen.

The other big shocker was the hood coming off and Malcolm Merlyn discovering the identity of Oliver as the Hood? How does that bode for Malcolm?
ANDREW: It’s all personal now. It’s one of the things we’re proudest – how we designed this season and that we hit upon Malcolm as the ultimate villain. It’s Shakespearean since he killed Oliver’s father. There’s that vendetta to settle. But they have all been family friends for so long. I think Malcolm’s reaction at the end was the most telling. He wasn’t necessarily happy to have beaten the Hood because when he discovers its Oliver, his first reaction is “oh no,” because now he knows he may have to kill his son’s best friend and it’s already broken his heart to have to kill Robert. He doesn’t want to cause Moira or the Queen family any more pain – but, as always, Malcolm’s pain comes first and that could have dire consequences both for the city and the Queen family in the finale.

Rumor is that there may be a big death in the finale. Is that going to be happening? Are we going to have hold our breath?
ANDREW: (Laughs) You don’t really want to know, do you? My wife watched the last episode and she said, “I haven’t felt like this since we watched ‘24’ together.” So that made me really proud. I think people should tune in for the finale. It’s definitely a game-changer and I think people are going to be shocked by the outcome—and that’s as much as Warner Bros., DC, and my own conscience let me say.

Would you be able to say for the DOCTOR WHO fans whether we’ll ever see a scene with John Barrowman and Alex Kingston together on the show?
ANDREW: I guess that’s always a possibility. The fact that I’ve got John Barrowman and Alex Kingston’s numbers in my phone every day fills me with glee and joy. But, yeah, there’s always a possibility.

That would be just the best scene ever!
ANDREW: (Laughs) I’d rather see them on DOCTOR WHO together. Who wants to see them as Malcolm and Dinah on ARROW when we can see River and Jack?

Getting back to ARROW, what part is Diggle going to play in the finale?
ANDREW: It’s a real nice culmination of Oliver and Diggle’s friendship from over the course of the season. When we started they were wary of each other and very distrustful and they have had several falling outs over the course of the season. But it’s really nice to see them come together as friends and partners in the finale. The character of Diggle is something we’re so proud of because he’s not from the comics and he’s really our own invention. He’s become a fan favorite and now you almost can’t imagine the Green Arrow without his trusted friend and bodyguard, John Diggle. I think that important status in Oliver Queen’s life really is cemented in the finale.

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2013/05/14/a ... on-finale/

- 1ª Season Finale de Arrow: ¿Se pelearán Oliver y Tommy por Laurel y the Undertaking? (zap2it.com):
1ª Season Finale de Arrow: ¿Se pelearán Oliver y Tommy por Laurel y the Undertaking?
Por Carina Adly MacKenzie 14 de Mayo, 2013 9:10 PM ET

The very first time we interviewed "Arrow" star Stephen Amell after filming on the show's began, he told us that the villain he was most looking forward to seeing was Tommy Merlyn (Colin Donnell), Oliver's best friend. In the comic books upon which "Arrow" is based, Merlyn is Oliver's arch-nemesis, a formidable archer with a deep vendetta against the Green Arrow.

"I hope to see Tommy's transition, just because Colin and I have become such good buddies, and I know that he has a total kickass villain in him," Amell told us back in August. "The thing that I really like about my character is that he's not perfect. He kills people. He has made mistakes. He's responsible for Laurel's sister's death. That's on him. So if and when Tommy turns against him, there would be a lot of points that Tommy as Merlyn could make that people could be like, 'Oh, he's kinda right, isn't he?' He'd be like Gus on 'Breaking Bad.' I feel like Colin has that capability in him, and that's the one that I'm most excited to see."

Over the course of the first season, "Arrow" has planted the seeds of rivalry between the two men, by stoking a growing bitterness in Tommy toward Oliver. It began when Tommy's father cut him off and Oliver gave him a job -- a move which came from good intentions, but ultimately put Tommy in a difficult position once tensions grew at work. Tommy finding out that Oliver was The Hood certainly didn't help, since Tommy has always been firmly against the vigilante's particularly brutal brand of justice. And in last week's episode, when Tommy went to Laurel's apartment, presumably to try to get her back after Oliver's feelings for her came between them, things got even worse. Through the window, Tommy watched Oliver and Laurel's (naked) reunion, and a dark cloud settled over his face.

It certainly sets up some interesting possibilities for the former best friends in this Wednesday's Season 1 finale, "Sacrifice." It would seem that Tommy is ready to join the fight against the vigilante, and Tommy doesn't even know that Oliver and his father are about to have a pretty epic battle of both wits and weapons.

"There are two very powerful scenes for Tommy and Oliver coming up in the finale," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg teases. "Fans of the comic book feel like they know where Tommy's story is going, and then there are other people who had no expectations of Tommy until the show was on the air. One of the trickiest things that we had to do as writers was satisfy both parts of our constituent. I think people will be shocked and satisfied at the direction of the Tommy and Oliver relationship at the end of the season."

And if Tommy does turn against Oliver -- how far would Tommy have to go to get Oliver to turn against him? Amell tells us that despite the love triangle and the clash of ideals, Oliver would still do anything to keep Tommy safe.

"[If they were to go] mano-a-mano, Oliver just wouldn't want to hurt him," he says. "Oliver never wanted Tommy to be involved ... Telling Tommy [about The Hood] was a life-or-death situation where Oliver didn't want to sit with the guilt of letting Tommy's father die on his hands because he needed to protect his secret. Split second decision, he did it, and he's paying the piper for that, unfortunately."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... aking.html

- Marc Guggenheim sobre el (Accidentalmente) Provocativo Título de la finale, las épicas confrontaciones y más (givememyremote.com):
Marc Guggenheim sobre el (Accidentalmente) Provocativo Título de la finale, las épicas confrontaciones y más
por Marisa Roffman 15 de Mayo, 2013

ARROW has rarely pulled any punches in its first season, but even with that knowledge, seeing that the first season finale was titled “Sacrifice” was more than a bit chilling — a reaction that wasn’t exactly intended.

“I didn’t realize — and I don’t think [fellow ARROW executive producers] Andrew [Kreisberg] or Greg [Berlanti] did either — what a provocative name for an episode that would be,” ARROW executive producer Marc Guggenheim admitted. “The truth is we wanted to pick a name for the title that reflected the theme of the episode. And the theme of the episode is sacrifice. In fact, we were joking in the editing room the other day that if you take a shot every time the word sacrifice or its derivative is spoken in the finale, you will be drunk by the time Act One ends; [episode] 23 comes with its own brand new ARROW drinking game!”

In all seriousness, some crazy things are about to go down.

“You’ll see that pretty much every character makes a sacrifice or is prepared to make a sacrifice,” Guggenheim teased. “It’s really the theme that runs throughout ever scene in the episode, even the flashbacks. That really was what our intention was; we actually weren’t trying to set up some firestorm. But since we announced that title, it’s got everyone talking. Which I suppose is good, but that really wasn’t our intention: it was to hit the theme of the episode in our final title of the year.”

Unfortunately for Oliver, he starts off the hour in quite the difficult position.

“For Oliver, the sacrifice that he has to make is that he knows there’s no way he can face Malcolm again and survive,” Guggenheim noted. “So, it’s basically, what is Oliver willing to sacrifice, up to and including his own life to stop Malcolm and save the city?”

But even derailing Malcolm has its own complications: stopping Malcolm would further complicate things between Oliver and his estranged best friend/Malcolm’s son, Tommy.

“Tommy and Oliver have a pretty epic confrontation in 23, dealing directly with Laurel and [Tommy]‘s father and pretty much everything we’ve been building up to for the season,” Guggenheim teased. “Certainly in this final run of episodes. Tommy and his father will have no secrets by the time the finale concludes. With Tommy, every card is turned over. An Tommy is going to have to choose sides.”

Hmm.

And as a final tease, when I asked Guggenheim about Detective Lance getting back on the Hood’s trail, he offered this up: “[Detective] Lance makes a huge sacrifice in this episode.”

Uh oh…can we have the finale now, please?

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/20 ... -and-more/

- La estrella de 'Arrow' Stephen Amell adelanta la final 'sin.pausa' de esta noche (ew.com):
La estrella de 'Arrow' Stephen Amell adelanta la final 'sin.pausa' de esta noche
por Nuzhat Naoreen 15 de Mayo, 2013

If you thought last week’s episode of Arrow was the finale, you weren’t the only one.

“I have been on Twitter trying to explain that wasn’t our finale,” says star Stephen Amell, who stopped by EW earlier today. The confusion is understandable. The penultimate episode of the series had all the makings—deaths! reveals! exits!—of a great season ender, but Amell promises tonight’s episode (CW, 8PM) will be even bigger.

Still not convinced? Consider this tease: “I start the episode chained to the ceiling and fighting bad guys and that’s one of the calmer moments during the finale,” says Amell.

Amell says the “non-stop” episode will deliver on the season’s two biggest storylines—Malcolm’s plan to destroy the Glades and Fyer’s plan to take-down a commercial airliner on the island.

“We don’t promise anything and then not pay it off,” says Amell, who hints that we’ll see destruction in both instances. “Whether or not those plans come to fruition or not, you find out.” More scoops below:

Deaths: You may still be recovering from Yao Fei’s surprise offing, but prepare to say goodbye to more characters tonight. As Amell simply puts it: “Not everyone survives the finale.” Adds the actor a bit more cryptically: ” If a father’s dying wish was the impetus for Oliver in season one, then the events that take place in the finale are the impetus for season two.”

Oliver as Arrow: We saw Oliver consider giving up the Hood in last week’s episode, but will he really do it? “The reason that he is the vigilante at the moment does not survive past the finale,” explains Amell. “If he’s going to go back to it in the second season it’s going to have to be for different reasons.”

Oliver/Laurel: “They’re always going to be incredibly important to each other,” says Amell, who explains that we’ll get to see Oliver confess his feelings again to Laurel in the early moments of the episode. Of course, that’s not to say they’re necessarily the end-game. “Whether our characters will ever get a chance to be together and live happily ever after I don’t know.”

Oliver/Felicity: Sorry Ollicity fans, Amell says that though Oliver and Felicity’s relationship will evolve, he doesn’t yet know if it will veer toward romance. He did however reveal that Felicity will become an equal member of the team. “There is less of a hierarchy now,” says Amell, who teases that we’ll get to see Oliver, Diggle and Felicity team up again in the finale. “I’m learning to trust them more.”

Roy as a sidekick: Fans have long speculated that Roy might become Arrow’s sidekick, but Amell says the the wanna-be-Hood needs some more experience to qualify for the gig. “It took Oliver five years to turn into what is not even the completed version of Arrow,” says Amell, who adds that Roy and Thea will be “off doing their own thing” in the episode. “If Roy is going to become a member of the team he’s going to have to go through something too.” Any guesses?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/15/steph ... ow-finale/

- El productor ejecutivo Greg Berlanti y Stephen Amell adelantan en exclusiva a Larry King que uno de los personajes prinicpales no va a sobrevivir a la season finale:

http://www.ora.tv/larrykingnow/arrow-se ... 0_tzjg6ui8

- Stephen Amell y Greg Berlanti en "Larry King Now":

Imagen

- Beneath the Surface: Casting Mojo (los productores nos hablan sobre el proceso de cásting):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Stephen Amell habla sobre los tempranos planes de la temporada 2 de 'Arrow' (examiner.com):
Stephen Amell habla sobre los tempranos planes de la temporada 2 de 'Arrow'
Por Danielle Turchiano 15 de Mayo, 2013

The dust has barely settled on all of the huge developments in The CW's Arrow's first season finale, but series star Stephen Amell has no trouble looking ahead, to the even bigger and better season he know will unfold come fall.

"I think the story on the island is really mapped out. If you talk to Andrew and Marc, they would say that this year in episode 5, when we introduced Edward Fyers and faux-Deathstroke, Andrew Wintergreen-- and that was when Yao Fei rescued me, and I was tortured a little bit—that was when they really discovered what the island could be. And we’ve pushed it that far, but I think they have a really cool idea and really have it mapped out for what the island’s going to be in season two, and that will hopefully push us towards a couple of those episodes like episode 14 where it’s a little bit more island-centric," Amell said when LA TV Insider Examiner caught up with him in Los Angeles.

"As for season two in the present day, I kind of know where we find Moira, Detective Lance, and [Laurel]*; I have no idea where Oliver is at all. At all. They had an idea for the first scene, but it’s something different than anything you’d expect. And I don’t know when Comic Con is in relation to when we start our season, but I would hope it would be something we could film and just air as like a 90 second teaser at Comic Con. It would be one of those ‘Oh my God’ moments!"

* And based on the events of the finale, you do, too, right?

But what Amell did promise about his hooded hero was that he would continue to grow, evolve, and become more efficient at what he does as time goes on. After all, it took him five years on the island to become the experienced shooter and martial arts fighter he is now, but back in Starling City things move at a different pace. Here, too, Oliver is still adjusting and earning the ability to be great.

"We really view Oliver right now as The Hood or Arrow 1.0, and that goes along with the season. He’s living in the year 2013, and he’s using a wood bow that he made on the island! Things are going to change with him as time goes on. You always gotta introduce new gadgets! That’s what Felicity’s going to be for! She’s going to research some cool, new thing that I’m going to use. So I do think there could be a mask [for example]. I know that there’s no firm plans for it, but Andrew and Marc are also not saying ‘Absolutely no mask ever!’ It’s an evolutionary thing," Amell said.

If Amell gets his way, season two of Arrow will also feature the return of some familiar faces ("We can’t have seen the last of The Count! At least I hope not! Maybe he finds a way to fix the receptors in his brain or something like that," Amell said), as well as a few key moments in Oliver's relationships, like relating to his little sister on an actual adult level, for once.

"Willa is such a fantastic actor, and I feel like she’s just sitting there waiting to be really utilized. In the first few episodes she was trying to get me to open up, and then we basically just stopped having meaningful conversations and adult conversations, which is something that Oliver and Thea have never had; I mean, she was twelve or thereabouts when he left on the Queen’s Gambit! So I think it will be exciting, in the coming seasons, to put them more on an adult level because she is so capable and is going to be a huge asset for the show, even more so than now," Amell said.

But perhaps tops on his list? That Oliver finally move out of the Queen mansion! He certainly has the money to afford his own place, and after living on the island for five years, he doesn't need such a huge, decadent space anyway. But Amell pointed out that more than any of that-- and regardless of Oliver's feelings toward his mother and how her involvement in everything has tainted his childhood home-- "He’s 30 years old; he needs to get his own apartment!"

Arrow will return to The CW in the fall of 2013. What do you want to see in the second season of Arrow? Sound off in the comments below! And be sure to also check out our video chat with Amell on how he'll personally prepare for season two, perhaps differently from how he did the first season.

http://www.examiner.com/article/stephen ... -two-plans

- Colin Donnell habla sobre el terrible destino de Tommy y qué es lo siguiente (zap2it.com):
Colin Donnell habla sobre el terrible destino de Tommy y qué es lo siguiente
Por Carina Adly MacKenzie 15 de Mayo, 2013 9:00 PM ET

The theme of tonight's "Arrow" finale, titled "Sacrifice," was unconditional love. Colin Donnell's character, Tommy Merlyn, made the ultimate sacrifice. After discovering that his father is the Dark Archer, Tommy made every effort to stop him. When he couldn't, he rushed to CNRI to save Laurel -- despite her hookup with Oliver, he still loved her.

Unconditionally.

Oliver, rushing to CNRI to save Laurel, found Tommy instead, trapped beneath the rubble and bleeding out. In their final moments together, the men -- who grew up together as boys, practically brothers -- shared a beautiful, heartfelt goodbye. Despite what we thought, these guys were never meant to be enemies. They were opposite sides of the same coin, allies through and through, in every sense of the world.

It's a sad moment -- particularly for those of us who were looking forward to Tommy's potential descent into villainy and his ultimate face-off with Oliver (Stephen Amell). But there's also a certain satisfaction to the fact that Tommy didn't become that dark, twisted version of himself. He died honorably, without losing the solid moral compass that kept him steadfast and reliable throughout the season.

Tommy was never permissive when it came to Oliver's violent brand of justice. To watch him turn into a murderer would have warped the foundation of his character, and as sad as we are to see him go, we're very glad we get to remember him as the guy who stood for something truly honorable, instead of something questionable and murky.

Still, given our obvious expectations for the character based on his comic book fate and his father's devious proclivities, the death comes as a pretty big shock. It was surprising for Donnell, too.

"I found out toward the end of February," Donnell tells us. "[Executive producers] Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg came up. They were really cool about it, they came up to Vancouver and they asked me to come into the office to have a meeting. I was like 'I wonder what they want to talk about? I'm sure they just want to talk about what's going to happen in Season 2!'"

Obviously, the meeting quickly took a mournful turn. "As we sat down, they just said 'Hey, man,' and I looked at them, and I was like, 'Oh, man! You're killing me off, aren't you?!' It was a bit of a shock, of course it was a shock, because I had one idea of how things might go, but ultimately, once they explained it to me, I totally understand. That's the way stories have to go sometimes."

Tommy certainly wasn't this season's sacrifice because he didn't have anything to contribute. He was one character with deep ties to the entire community. Tommy grew up as part of the Queen family, and when Oliver was on the island, he was a significant figure in Thea's life. He was incredibly important to Laurel's development this season, and his death will have a profound impact on Season 2.

"I think one of the coolest things about the way they've written him is that he's really the most universally beloved character by all the other characters in the show, from Malcolm to Oliver to Laurel and Thea -- even Diggle and Felicity, in their conversations with Oliver, kind of understand why Tommy might be a little pissed off about things," says Donnell. "Some of my favorite things were the family dynamics, coming in and having conversations with Thea and Moira and all that stuff, really being able to show how he kind of wove in and out of these people's lives."

In a lot of ways, Tommy became the antithesis of Oliver -- just, not in an arch-nemesis kind of way. Where Oliver is volatile and unpredictable, Tommy was even keeled, thoughtful, and trustworthy. He showed up for the people he cared about, stayed loyal to his friend even when he learned the secret, and died as a hero.

The fact that Tommy's death will have a deep, lasting impact on the show eases the sting of being written off for Donnell -- who insists that he hasn't spent the last few weeks throwing darts at pictures of the executive producers. "No," he laughs. "They're great guys. I don't envy having to be inside of a writer's room when it comes to that, especially when they've got a cast full of people that they enjoy writing for, then it's like, 'Oh, s***. That guy. That's going to be the biggest impact on everybody, we have to do this, don't we?'"

In some ways, the death is an honor for Donnell. "It's somewhat of a testament to how the character's been written and hopefully the way that I've been performing in the show, that it really will be a huge shock to the audience," he says. "But yeah, it's kinda rough!"

It's rough on the rest of the cast, too. "I think they had called Stephen just as soon as I rolled out of the office," Donnell says. "I got home from the meeting, and he came and met me for coffee that day. He just said, 'Look, dude, I don't know what to say.' I was like, 'It happens. Good luck?'" He laughs. "Not that they'll need it."

Donnell isn't exactly going to be hurting for work. He's a well-respected stage actor, having starred in shows like "Mamma Mia!" and "Wicked" in national tours, and "Jersey Boys" on Broadway. This summer, he's headed back to New York City to cross Shakespeare in the Park off his bucket list.

"It's been something that I've wanted to do since I moved to New York almost eight years ago," the St. Louis native tells us. "To finally be slated to get up on that stage is really cool, and it's happening in a really unique way. It's a musical version of 'Love's Labour's Lost' that Alex Timbers and Michael Friedman have adapted. It's a cool, unique adaptation of this great Shakespeare comedy. It's silly, and irreverent, and at the same time very heartfelt. It's a great play for them to have adapted, and they really wrote it specifically to go into the Park. We've been working on it now for almost two years, and so it's going to be a cool culmination of a couple years invested in that piece."

During filming of "Arrow," Donnell not only flew into New York to record vocals for the show (listen to one of the songs below!) but he also shot a film with Elizabeth Banks and Diane Lane, called "Every Secret Thing," directed by Amy Berg.

Though we'll definitely be seeing Donnell pop up everywhere soon, it's going to take us a while before we get over the loss of Tommy. "I really think the final episode is my favorite episode by far," Donnell tells us. "It really is a great culmination of who Tommy became over the course of the season. Being able to see a bit of the snarky guy he was in the beginning, building into a lot of the anger toward Oliver in the last few episodes, and then a really redeeming, heroic quality about him in the end."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... -next.html

- Stephen Amell y Andrew Kreisberg apuntan a un futuro de Oliver Queen con Roy Harper, Diggle y más (zap2it.com):
Stephen Amell y Andrew Kreisberg apuntan a un futuro de Oliver Queen con Roy Harper, Diggle y más
Por Carina Adly MacKenzie 15 de Mayo, 2013 9:30 PM ET

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you do a first season!

Season 1 "Arrow" ended tonight with an epic, heartbreaking, and completely shocking episode. We said a tragic goodbye to Tommy Merlyn, and the rest of Starling City was left hanging. So what's in store for Season 2? The cast and executive producers aren't spilling much, but we managed to wring a few vague teases out of E.P. Andrew Kreisberg and series star Stephen Amell.

1. More Deadshot! If you were wondering what happened to Diggle's vendetta against Floyd Lawton, the assassin murdered his brother, rest assured that it's still burning him up. "Diggle's pursuit of Deadshot is going to be a big part of Season 2," Kreisberg reveals. "The finale was already bigger and crazier and more nuts than we ever envisioned, so it's not like we dropped the ball with that story, it story was just a story we knew could live on into Season 2. Don't worry. It is far from dropped."

2. Roy Harper getting closer to The Hood. "We'll definitely find out how Oliver feels about taking Roy on as part of the team in Season 2," Kreisberg says. "Oliver Queen and Roy Harper will have a long and storied career together. As with all of these things, especially stuff that's derived from the comic books, we've tried to both satisfy fans' expectations, and turn them on their head. I think that Roy's desire to be under the Arrow and Oliver's desire to be as private a person as possible are going to collide."

3. More epic Island sequences. Obviously, after tonight's finale, there's plenty of story to cover on the Island in Season 2 -- and in fact, it's the first thing the writers told Amell about when he asked them for scoop about what's to come. "I think the story on the Island is really mapped out. If you talked with Andrew and Marc [Guggenheim], they would say that this year in Epsiode 5 when we introduced Edward Fyres and faux-Deathstroke, that was when they really discovered what the Island can be. I think they have a really cool idea and really have it mapped out for what the Island will be in Season 2."

4. Diggle-centric flashbacks. Amell hopes to see David Ramsay get to be the leading man in an episode (and not just because it'd afford Amell a few days off, as Kriesberg jokes!). "The producers have done a really good job this year of really molding the rest of our cast into people that can carry episodes at a time," Amell says. "I don't think any part of the fan base would complain if all the sudden we announced we were going to have a Diggle-centric episode. David has earned the right and I hope he gets it." Adds Kreisberg, "Doing flashback episodes to Diggle's life -- whether it's in Afghanistan, or when his brother was alive -- we're definitely interested in that. We have this amazing table of actors. Certainly David Ramsay could be the lead of his own show if he wanted to, so we'd love to see more of him."

5. Thea is all grown up. A lot of what she witnessed in the finale will have a deep, profound impact on her in the future. "Nobody is ending this season the way they started. She really underwent an evolution this season, and in Season 2 when the characters pick up, we'll see a Thea who has really internalized her experience, one who has really grown a great deal. That's exciting for Willa and it's exciting for us as writers," Kreisberg says. Amell is looking forward to Oliver and Thea being on more equal footing as she matures. "Willa continues to impress. I think it's really fantastic because Willa is such a wonderful actor and I feel like she is just sitting there just waiting to be really utilized," he says. "I think it would be very exciting in coming seasons to put them more on an adult level relationship because [Willa] is so capable and is going to be a huge asset to the show."

6. Some changes at the Queen household. "We had a line we had to cut out of episode 22, which was Felicity saying, 'Man, Thanksgiving at the Queen house is really going to suck this year,'" Kreisberg jokes. There's still hope to rebuild the relationship between Moira and Oliver, of course. "If ever there was a hero who could understand what Moira has done, it's Oliver. Oliver made a lot of difficult decisions himself those five years on the island, and not all of them were the right decision. He can understand how she can find herself in the place that she did." Amell just hopes Oliver moves out of his mom's house soon enough. "God, I hope so," he says. "I mean, he's like 30 years old! He needs to get his own apartment. Quote me on that one."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... harpe.html

- Los planes de la Season 2, la evolución de Oliver y cómo la impactante muerte lo cambiará todo (huffingtonpost.com):
Los planes de la Season 2, la evolución de Oliver y cómo la impactante muerte lo cambiará todo
Por Laura Prudom 16/05/2013 2:47 pm EDT

The shocking "Arrow' finale saw Tommy Merlyn (Colin Donnell) make the ultimate sacrifice to save ex-girlfriend Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy), ending the season with a heartbroken Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) mourning the death of his best friend as half of Starling city crumbled around him. So where does the hit CW show go in Season 2?

HuffPost TV spoke to executive producer Marc Guggenheim about the events of "Sacrifice" and the plans for Season 2, which will return to Wednesdays at 8 p.m. in October, per The CW's new 2013-2014 schedule.

Tommy was the one character who I absolutely wasn't worried for going into the finale -- so congratulations on totally shocking me.
Thank you! If Twitter is any indication, we managed to surprise a lot of people and that’s really hard to do in today’s day and age. It’s the internet and Andrew [Kreisberg] and I had both done a lot of pre-interviews and we had even spoiled the fact that someone would be dying and I’m really gratified that we were able to surprise people. It’s a very rare thing, so it’s been fun for me.

Is he really, 100 percent dead? No Lazarus Pits or "Buffy"-style misdirects where next season we'll open on a funeral and then he'll walk out completely fine?
The only thing I will say is what I said to Colin Donnell after he filmed his last scene, and that was, “I’m really glad this show does flashbacks.” But no, there will be no miraculous Lazarus Pit-like device. Poor Tommy’s gone, unfortunately.

How did you come to the decision that Tommy needed to be the one to make the ultimate sacrifice?
It was really hard. At the end of the day, it worked out for what we refer to as the creative map that, of all the characters, it’s Tommy’s death that impacts everybody. Obviously Oliver and Laurel the most, but even Thea [Willa Holland] because of their closeness and Moira [Susanna Thompson] because she’s now responsible for the death of Oliver’s best friend, and Lance [Paul Blackthorne], who knows that Laurel loves Tommy ... it’s the one character whose death impacts everybody. And that’s really what you’re looking to do. When you kill off a character, you’re closing off a variety of storylines because there’s no story to be told with that character, and the only reason to do it is to open up new storylines and more storylines by killing off a character than you have by keeping them alive. Tommy’s death will reverberate throughout the whole of Season 2, and there are even some things we have planned for the middle and end of Season 2 that would not be possible or wouldn’t have the same weight if Tommy had stayed alive.

I like that he was allowed to die a hero instead of going a Lex Luthor or Harry Osborn route as many were anticipating.
I think if you look back to even the pilot, one of our favorite tricks is to lean into what people expect and then do the opposite.

Oliver told Tommy that he didn't kill Malcolm (John Barrowman) -- was that an act of mercy in his final moments, telling him what he wanted to hear, or is Malcolm actually still around? Because he looked pretty down for the count.
That was 100 percent an act of mercy, that was him telling him what he wanted to hear, knowing that Tommy was gonna die. He definitely had to get some comeuppance for all the chaos he had wrought.

How will Tommy's death serve to motivate Oliver next season? After finding out Oliver's secret, Tommy really tried to hold Oliver accountable for killing people, so will that impact the way Oliver does things from this point on?
I don’t want to spoil too much about Season 2, but the whole of Season 2 is about Oliver changing the way he does things and you’ll hear us talk a lot about making the transition from vigilante to hero. That whole transition and evolution would not have happened but for Tommy’s death. It’s a huge part of Oliver’s drive and character arc for Season 2.

Tommy told Laurel that he loved her before he died -- I can't imagine that's something that she can easily get over, even now that she and Oliver are back on track. Will there be hesitation or guilt over their getting back together?
I don't want to say too much, but obviously Tommy’s death is going to have huge repercussions on what she thinks about Oliver, it’s gonna have huge repercussions on what she thinks about The Arrow, it’s going to have huge repercussions on what she decides to do with her life, because obviously CNRI is gone. So Laurel stands at a crossroads and what she decides to do next is in large part because of what happened with Tommy. All of the characters will be dealing with Tommy’s death in their own way and they’ll be making some life decisions based upon that loss.

Roy (Colton Haynes) and Thea didn't actually manage to unmask the Hood this season, but we saw Roy saving people and being very heroic in the finale. Does he feel like he still needs The Hood or might he take matters into his own hands regardless and decide he doesn’t need a mentor?
All those questions are going to be answered in the early episodes of Season 2, that’s a big piece of the early going of Season 2.

Are you thinking that you might do a time-jump when you come back, or are you planning on picking up pretty much right where you left off?
We’ll probably do a time-jump only because one of the things we’ve tried to do over the course of Season 1, one of the rules we’ve had for ourselves is that we’ve played the passage of time between episodes as realistically as we can. For example, the gap between Episodes 9 and 10 was six weeks and we passed six weeks on the show. We’ll be looking to pass time, because we always want the episodes taking place around the same time they’re being aired. We will fill that passage of time but we are continuing to publish the "Arrow" digital comic through June and we’re gonna end Season 1 of the digital comics with a two-parter that takes place during the finale and in the time after the finale. Some stuff you otherwise wouldn’t get to see on television you will get to read about in the digital comic. [Look for the "Arrow" digital comic finale here on June 12.]

Do you still intend to tell the island storyline over a span of five seasons, or do you see yourselves accelerating it?
It’s still the plan to tell it over five years. The only thing that would cause us to recalculate that is … the show’s ratings could stay exactly the same; we could become an even bigger hit in Season 2 in which case we’d be like "maybe we’ll last longer than five years!" or we could totally tank and be like "oh my god, are we gonna get cancelled after two years?" So you’ve got to leave yourself open in terms of what the long term prospects of the show are, but so far, there’s nothing in our ratings that has us second-guessing the plan to go for five years for the flashbacks.

What was the biggest lesson you learned over the course of Season 1?
There were so many lessons. When we did Episodes 7 and 8 without the flashbacks ... I think we thought the show could sustain itself without the flashbacks, and some people consider the two-parter some of our strongest episodes, but my personal feeling and I think Andrew and Greg [Berlanti] feel the same way, is the show is just so much more resonant and so much more interesting and three-dimensional with the flashbacks, so one of our biggest lessons was have the flashbacks in every episode. Another huge lesson was have the opening moments of an episode be action-packed or very suspenseful -- open strong, that was another big lesson for us. And finally, we went in with this plan of "we’re gonna tell a lot of story and we’re gonna burn through plot very quickly and there’ll be development after development after development," and I think that resonated with the audience, so that was less of a lesson and more that we were very gratified to see that that instinct paid off.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/1 ... 1368730036

- El Shock de Tommy: El elenco habla sobre la season finale y a dónde irán en la season 2 (huffingtonpost.com):
El Shock de Tommy: El elenco habla sobre la season finale y a dónde irán en la season 2
Por Laura Prudom 16/05/2013 6:45 pm EDT

Were you devastated by Tommy's (Colin Donnell) death in the "Arrow" season finale? You're not the only one.

"I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it because Colin is like one of my best friends. It's been the most morbid two months ever," Colton Haynes told The Huffington Post at The CW 2013 upfront red carpet, noting he's gone to almost every Broadway show Donnell has been in. "He's going to be missed."

Even worse, Haynes received news that he was being promoted to a series regular in Season 2 at almost just before Donnell found out about Tommy's exit. "I called him with my good news that I was going to be joining the cast full time. We celebrated and within two days, he found out his news," Haynes said. "It's sad. That's why I haven't brought myself to watch the finale yet, 'cause for me, it's not over."

Moira Queen may have inadvertently been responsible for Tommy's death, but actress Susanna Thompson was similarly heartbroken when she heard of Donnell's departure. "[I'm] devastated. Not only for the show, but as a personal devastation. I love Colin Donnell. He's a kindred spirit ... We come from theater backgrounds," she said. "He's a very philosophical person, as am I, and after we cried about it, we both know that it's not going to stop his career. He's already moving on to wonderful things. It's just unfortunate that we're not going to share more of him. He's an amazing talent."

Star Stephen Amell admitted that the news was painful, but that objectively, he understood the writers' reasoning. "I found out I think four or five episodes before we finished our season. After the producers told him, they told me. Then, he and I chatted and, you know, purely from a creative standpoint, from a story-telling standpoint, it's fascinating," he said on the red carpet. "It changes everything on the show, but man, personally, it was a tough pill to swallow ... Everyone loves Colin. Seeing the crew's reaction after we shot our last scene -- it was just sad."

Still, one of "Arrow's" most admirable traits is its desire to keep things grounded in reality, which means no supernatural resurrections that could undermine the high stakes. The season has already seen Oliver's island mentor, Yao Fei (Byron Mann) mercilessly killed, but no death could've had more impact than Tommy's, as executive producer Marc Guggenheim pointed out in our post-finale interview.

"You can't be afraid to go there. You have to present real danger when people are watching. If everything always works out at the eleventh hour, that's not dynamic," Amell reasoned.

As for where the characters will go from here, Haynes previewed that, since they're picking up Season 2 after a time-jump, "The characters you've grown to love over this season, there's a few that could turn into the characters that you hate right off the bat. I think it's going to be a really big shock to people."

As well as teasing that "the world's getting bigger" in Season 2, Amell observed that "[Oliver and Laurel] had Sarah and that was a wedge and now they have Tommy [being gone] and that's a wedge as well. We're going to find everybody in a very different place -- I mean, literally, figuratively and emotionally in a different place."

Thompson also had a couple of teases to tantalize fans until October: "Oliver and Moira will be in a much more honest place and communicating. I do know that I'll probably start in an orange jumpsuit. Hopefully it will be couture. I'm curious about the various relationships because they've all been broken now ... I have a feeling that where we find Oliver at the beginning [of Season 2] is at a devastatingly low, low place -- withdrawn from his whole life."

Thankfully, even when he's down, Oliver will still have his trusty partners Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) by his side -- and certain fans are definitely rooting to see a little more from Oliver and Felicity's relationship ... "If Oliver has the gumption to suit up, I see her again -- and even more so -- as an important part of the team," Amell said of Felicity. "And there might be some aspects of Oliver Queen, not the Arrow, where I might need Felicity's help."

And he might even add another sidekick to the roster -- as fans of the comics know, Roy Harper has a very important role to play in the mythology of Green Arrow. Haynes wouldn't say too much, merely admittting, "Roy's obsession with The Hood has obviously forced him to go a little crazy, but then obviously with The Glades going under, he's had to take a different route. But, you never know ... Roy could be something that he's not ... I know that I'm going back into working out ... I think that Roy is going to be faced with something really hard right off the bat ... Something's going to be thrown at him -- possibly from Oliver, possibly from Thea -- that's going to make him have to choose in a way."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/1 ... 1368744326

- ¿Ha dejado realmente Oliver de ser el vigilante en la Season 2? (TVGuide.com):
¿Ha dejado realmente Oliver de ser el vigilante en la Season 2?
Por Natalie Abrams 16 de Mayo, 2013 07:57 PM ET

The Arrow season finale literally and figuratively rocked viewers' expectations after killing off a major character and destroying half of The Glades.

In Wednesday's episode, Oliver (Stephen Amell) was able to defeat the Dark Archer (John Barrowman), and Detective Lance (Paul Blackthorne) was able to disable the Undertaking device. However, Malcolm Merlyn had a backup plan. As the second device leveled half of The Glades, Tommy (Colin Donnell) lost his life, Roy (Colton Haynes) tried to be a hero and Oliver lost his reason for being a vigilante. What does this mean for Season 2? TVGuide.com turned to executive producer Marc Guggenheim to get the scoop:

Arrow Finale: Did Oliver prevent the Undertaking?

Everyone assumed that you would have Tommy eventually become the Dark Archer. Why did you decide to kill him off instead?
Marc Guggenheim: It really had nothing to do with his trajectory as the Dark Archer. It really had to do with the fact that we wanted Oliver to suffer a loss at the end of the season. When we thought about the characters that he could lose who would have the biggest impact not just on Oliver, but on the show, Tommy was the name that rose to the top very quickly. Tommy's death impacts pretty much every member of our cast. Obviously his death impacts Oliver and Laurel (Katie Cassidy), but there's a closeness between Thea (Willa Holland) and Tommy that we've established on the show, Lance, obviously because of the connection that Laurel has with Tommy and Moira (Susanna Thompson) because of her responsibility with Tommy. He's the one character whose death would have the biggest impact.

Will Laurel feel a sense of guilt over her role in Tommy's death and possibly second-guess her decision to choose Oliver over Tommy?
Gugggenheim: Definitely she's going to feel some fairly overwhelming guilt because people, particularly like Ross and Rachel, can argue whether or not [Laurel and] Tommy were on a break when Laurel slept with Oliver in the penultimate episode. The thing that's pretty much indisputable is the fact that Laurel, by sleeping with Oliver, chose Oliver over Tommy and yet it was Tommy who came to save her. She feels an enormous amount of guilt over, "Did I pick the wrong guy?" These will all be things we're exploring in Season 2. The reason we did it wasn't just to end the season on an impactful note. It really was to create all sorts of different stories and dramatic conflicts in Season 2.

Do you think this could be a catalyst for Laurel to maybe put on a pair of fishnets?
Guggenheim: [Laughs] It's a catalyst for her to do a variety of different things. It's going to drive a lot of what Laurel does in Season 2, both good and bad. Tommy's death will reverberate through the cast of characters and will affect the changes and choices that Oliver makes and that Thea makes. It's going to affect everybody. It's not like you'll never hear Tommy's name never uttered again. If anything, Tommy is a larger presence in death than he was in life.

Is Malcolm Merlyn actually dead? It seemed like his fate was left up in the air. Was that on purpose or do you want to set the record straight?
Guggenheim: I never want to set the record straight. We have a moment in mind for the Season 2 premiere that should give you an answer to that question, but the thing that I always do say — and I said this to John Barrowman and to Colin Donnell — this is a show that does flashbacks. So just because a character is dead doesn't mean we've necessarily seen the last of them on this show.

Oliver thought that defeating Malcolm's plan was his way out from being the Hood. What galvanizes him now to continue to be this vigilante?
Guggenheim: I want to answer this question without spoiling our plans for Season 2, so the best way to answer it — and this will be one of those things where you'll go back to this interview after you watch the season premiere to see what I mean — is that I think he's pretty much done being the vigilante. The question is: What happens now? Come October, that statement will make a lot of sense.

How does Starling City start picking up the pieces after The Glades was destroyed? Will there be a time jump to skip the initial aftermath?
Guggenheim: There will be a time jump, not really to skip over anything, but rather it's just consistent with the choice we made early on with the show. We always try to pass time naturally. For example, there was a six week break between Episodes 9 and 10 and we wrote that break into the show. That said, The Glades and the Undertaking was a big piece of our engine that drives us forward in Season 2. If the story engine of Season 1 was this notebook of names, I think the story engine of Season 2 is the destruction of The Glades and the impact not just on The Glades, but all of Starling City. You've got Merlyn Global and Queen Consolidated both not in The Glades, but the two biggest employers of people in Starling City and those companies are in some dire straits. We're going to see in Season 2 that the economy in Starling City is pretty decimated.

The other thing I will say is that we're going to continue to publish the Arrow digital comic for the next few weeks into June. I wrote a two-parter that closes out the finale. It's really meant as a companion piece for the season finale. It takes place during the finale and in the week following the finale. You'll actually get a chance to see some things that happened in Starling City after the events of the finale exclusively in the comic book.

Since such a dark thing has happened with at least half The Glades being leveled, does the city need someone like The Hood now?
Guggenheim: That's one of the themes that we're exploring for sure in Season 2. There are some people who feel that before there was this hooded guy in the city, there weren't earthquake devices either. There are other people who feel that if the police aren't going to step up to the plate, someone needs to. There will be a variety of different points of view held by not just the citizens of Starling City, but our characters as well, which is where we'll get a lot of interesting debate and conflict.

Will we see Moira on trial next season for her role in the Undertaking?
Guggenheim: All I'll say is that I'm an attorney and the easiest thing to write for me are courtroom scenes. I think I deserve at least one episode where it's an easy thing to write.

Roy and Thea both showed very heroic sides in the finale. Is that a sign of things to come?
Guggenheim: Yes. Thea's line about, "I have wicked aim" was meant to be a little foreshadowing and certainly, Roy's heroics in the alleyway with his red hood is similar. Our game plan with respect to Thea and Roy pretty much remains unchanged. We're going to keep pushing them both in the directions that destiny is drawing them. The nice thing for us in Season 2 is Colton Haynes becomes a series regular so it'll allow us to tell a lot more Roy stories, which we're really eager to do.

What are the consequences of Detective Lance working with the vigilante next season?
Guggenheim: He probably went through the biggest change of anyone — except for Tommy who went from alive to dead. We're really excited about where we're taking him in Season 2. Season 2 begins with him under very different circumstances both personally and professionally. It's a fun thing for us to play with the real world consequences of all the choices that he made in the season finale. People will be surprised what Lance is doing the next time we see him.

Will he continue to be Oliver's inside man in the police department?
Guggenheim: Our long-term goal with Lance has always been to make him the show's Commissioner Gordon, but do it in our version of Commissioner Gordon. In the Batman mythologies, Batman and Commissioner Gordon are partners fighting crime. Obviously we went a different way with Lance starting out hating The Hood and now begrudgingly accepting that The Hood has a real role to play. We'll be both continuing that trajectory for him in Season 2, as well as dealing with the real world consequences to making that choice. In the Batman mythos, rarely do they ever call Commissioner Gordon out on the fact that he's working side-by-side with this vigilante. We'll take a different kind of approach and a slightly more realistic one to the realities of what Lance has elected to do and is going to continue to do.

What will the flashbacks to the island look like next season?
Guggenheim: Things will at first appear to proceed the way you're expecting, but then in pretty short order, we're going to reveal that things are a little bit more complicated than what you're expecting.

I can't imagine that Slade (Manu Bennett) is happy that Oliver chose Shado (Celina Jade) over a way off the island.
Guggenheim: That is certainly something that we're going to be exploring in the second season premiere.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Seaso ... 65736.aspx

- Stephen Amell Interview - Talking About Arrow Season 2:

Añadidos los enlaces y rátings del 1.23 "Sacrifice" y los enlaces doblados al español del 1.20. Puedes encontrarlos AQUÍ..

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Arrow en las CW Upfronts 2013 en en el London Hotel, N.Y. (15-16 Mayo 2013):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Horario y descripción para la S2 de "Arrow":
MIÉRCOLES 8 pm "Arrow" (Octubre 2013)

"Tras un violento naufragio, el billonario playboy Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) se perdió y fue dado por muerto durante cinco años antes de que fuera descubierto con vida en una remota isla del Pacífico. Él regresó a casa a Starling City, dispuesto a arreglar los errores de su familia y luchar contra la injusticia. Para hacer esto, creó la persona deArrow – un vigilante – y se alió con el anyiguo militar John Diggle (David Ramsey) y la experta en ordenadores Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards), mientras que seguía manteniendo su secreto de aquellos más cercanos a él. Basada en los personajes de los cómics y las novelas gráficas publicadas por DC Comics, ARROW es de Bonanza Productions Inc. en asociación con Berlanti Productions y Warner Bros. Television, con los productores ejecutivos Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers & Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“No Ordinary Family,” “Eli Stone”) y Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) es co-productora ejecutiva".

http://www.tvovermind.com/thecw/the-cw- ... ule-214578
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-the-c ... on-2/14238

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevas stills del 1.22 "Darkness on the edge of town":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Nuevas stills del 1.23 "Sacrifice":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Arrow" promete dos nuevos grandes villanos para la Season 2 (TVGuide):
Al parecer, la segunda temporada de Arrow quiere elevar aún más la acción mostrando no sólo un nuevo villano, sino dos.

Aunque en esta primera temporada pudimos ver a muchos villanos menores — The Count (Seth Gabel) y Edward Fyers (Sebastian Dunn), entre ellos — el gran villano de la temporada ha sido Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman), quien aparentemente murió a menos de Oliver (Stephen Amell) en la season finale.

"No hicimos un secreto del hecho de que optamos por un modelo de tener un gran villano, y en la Season 2, en realidad tendremos dos grandes villanos," dice el productor ejecutivo Marc Guggenheim. "Ambos serán nombres muy reconocibles para los fans de los cómics. estamos muy emocionados con ambos."

Según confirman, Malcolm Merlyn ha inspirado la dirección de la segunda temporada. "Con Malcolm y Dark Archer, tuvimos una especie de dos grandes malos en la misma persona. En la Season 2, vamos esencialmente a dividirlos, y habrá un gran villano a lo Malcom y otro a lo Dark Archer."

Probablemente los fans de los cómics de Green Arrow pueden suponer que Deathstroke será el villano a lo Dark Archer de la próxima temporada, con Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett) destinado a ponerse la infame máscara. Al comentarle la teoría a Guggenheim, éste responde, "Si la pregunta de la Season 1 es, '¿Qué le pasó a Oliver en esa isla?' La de la Season 2 es, '¿Qué le pasó a Slade Wilson en esa isla?'"

Independientemente de quién sea el villano, Guggenheim promete que la segunda temporada estará más repleta de acción y será más excitante de la primera. "Definitivamente estamos intentando llevar a la serie al seiguiente nivel en la Season 2," dice. "Obviamente estamos sintiendo mucha presión, pero también un gran deseo de regresar con una gran declaración de que la serie no se está calmando. En todo caso, sigue aumentando. Va a ser genial. Realmente estoy emocionado con los dos villanos. Nos pusimos el listón muy alto a nosotros mismos en cuanto a terminar por todo lo alto, y esperamos superar eso en la Season 2".

¿Te parece que aún queda mucho para que llegue el otoño?

Menos de lo que creéis... el equipo ya está trabajando en la segunda temporada, como así ha confirmado el mismo Stephen Amell a través de su página de Facebook, anunciando que hoy sería el "primer día de trabajo oficial" de la próxima temporada, que está previsto que se estrene en octubre.

No obstante, Guggenheim también nos adelanta que el sentimiento de culpa por la muerte de Tommy (Colin Donnell) atormentará tanto a Oliver como a Laurel en los nuevos episodios, y especialmente a ésta última: "Lo que es más o menos indiscutible es el hecho de que Laurel, acostándose con Oliver, le estaba eligiendo a él por encima de Tommy y, sin embargo, fue Tommy quien vino a salvarla. Laurel siente una enorme culpa y se pregunta si escogió al hombre equivocado. Todo eso será explorando en la segunda temporada". Además, dicha muerte afectará profundamente a todos los personajes: "Va a afectar a todos. La presencia de Tommy es mayor a su muerte de lo que lo era en vida". Probablemente el Detective Lance (Paul Blackthorne) será el personaje que más cambios habrá experimentará a regreso de la serie: "Es divertido jugar con las consecuencias reales de las decisiones que tomó en el final de temporada. La gente se sorprenderá de lo que está haciendo Lance la próxima vez que lo veamos".

En la segunda temporada veremos un salto temporal con respecto al final que aún no se ha especificado, aunque los nuevos episodios se verán muy influenciados por los hechos acontecidos en los momentos finales: "El motor de la segunda temporada es la destrucción de The Glades y el impacto que ha tenido no sólo allí, sino en todo Starling City".

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Seaso ... 65883.aspx

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- ¿Un Arrow Roto en la Season 2? Además: ¿Qué escena final fue borrada por ser demasiado reveladora? (TVLine):
¿Un Arrow Roto en la Season 2? Además: ¿Qué escena final fue borrada por ser demasiado reveladora?
Por Matt Webb Mitovich 22 Mayo, 2013 09:40 AM PDT

He helped save (part of) The Glades and ultimately drove his point home with the Dark Archer, but as Arrow‘s Season 1 finale drew to a close, Oliver Queen chalked up a big one in the loss column — the life of his longtime best friend Tommy Merlyn.

As such, Stephen Amell says that fans of the CW drama should expect to see a “broken Arrow” when Season 2 takes flight this fall.

“Not a Broken Arrow as in the Travolta/Christian Slater movie — which I enjoyed — but yeah… Oliver’s not going to be in a good place,” the actor previews.

In saying a tearful goodbye to Tommy — who wound up sacrificing his life to save lady love Laurel’s, as one stretch of The Glades cratered — Oliver sustained “a massive loss,” Amell attests. “But hopefully this will be the impetus for something greater.”

In other words, Tommy’s death may ultimately help birth the superhero Starling City deserves as well as needs.

“There’s a reason why we don’t call [Oliver] Arrow, Green Arrow yet — because he’s not that person,” Amell explains. “He was a vengeful, stubborn myopic individual this year, and he has to grow, because his way didn’t work. He had moments of success but ultimately failed, so he’s got to become a better version of himself.”

Alas, one person whom Oliver may keep at bow’s length as he recoups from The Undertaking and its casualties is Laurel, with whom he had just reunited. Having just lost someone else close to him, “I would think that a gigantic caution flag has been thrown up, for him having any type of meaningful relationship with anybody,” Amell reckons. “If Sara was a big wedge between [Laurel] and Oliver, I can only imagine what would happen because of Tommy.”

Speaking of Starling City sweethearts: Relative newcomer Colton Haynes, who will be a series regular come Season 2, was pleased to see his Roy Harper take selfless action in the finale, running to the rescue of his neighbors rather than speed outta town with Thea — a certain signs of things to come for Oliver’s one-day sidekick. But, the actor shares, an even more revelatory finale moment was left on the cutting room floor.

Somewhere in between Thea helping Roy vanquish a gang of street thugs and the couple’s mid-quake kiss, “They cut out an entire scene that would’ve given a lot more away,” Haynes shares. “It was a big scene … that might’ve told you the route that Thea is going, or the route that Roy is going. But I think they didn’t want to give too much away.” With those teases tendered, he invites viewers to “draw your own conclusions!”

http://tvline.com/2013/05/22/arrow-seas ... -roy-thea/

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “SERIES DE TV BASADAS EN CÓMICS DE DC”