SUPERMÁN: "Man Of Steel"-"Batman V Superman" de SNYDER

Foro dedicado a temas de Superman

Moderadores: Shelby, Lore, Super_House, ZeTa, Trasgo

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Re: SUPERMÁN: "Man Of Steel" de NOLAN / SNYDER

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Cómo Henry Cavill superó la obesidad y el ser acosado para convertirse en el primer Supermán Británico (dailymail.co.uk):
Cómo Henry Cavill superó la obesidad y el ser acosado para convertirse en el primer Supermán Británico
Por Martyn Palmer 8 Junio 2013, 21:00 GMT,

Imagen Imagen
When Henry Cavill was 17, Russell Crowe visited his school to film scenes for the 2000 film Proof Of Life.

‘One of the guys at school was playing Russell’s son,’ says Cavill.

‘The scene involved Russell coming to visit him. I was one of the Combined Cadet Force (CCF) kids chosen to be in the background.

'Between takes everyone was standing around and I thought, “We all look like clunkers standing here staring at him.” So I went over and said, “Hello. My name is Henry and I’m thinking of becoming an actor.”

‘He was very encouraging. He told me, “Sometimes they treat you well and sometimes they don’t and sometimes the pay is great and sometimes it’s not. But it’s great fun.”

'And then everyone else who had seen me chatting came over and started asking for his autograph. I waved at him and said, “Quick, run!” I remember he laughed.

‘A couple of days later I got a note from Russell that said, “Dear Henry, the journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step. Best, Russell.”

'He also sent me a signed photo from Gladiator, an Aussie rugby jersey, some Aussie sweets and a jar of Vegemite. It was incredibly kind of him. It actually made me think, “Yes, this is what I want to do.”’

Thrilling though a chance encounter with a bona fide star must have been for a teenage boy, Cavill never dreamed his tale would have a Hollywood ending, but it has.

This week, the callow schoolboy becomes the first British actor to play Superman, in Man of Steel... and his mentor, Crowe, plays his father.

'It’s amazing,’ he laughs. ‘It felt like he was there to greet me at the end of this long journey.’

Today, Cavill is standing on the set of Hollywood blockbuster Man Of Steel in Vancouver, telling me about the day he first donned the Superman cape.

‘I was infused with this childlike excitement. I had been to numerous fittings, through all the prototype phases, with hundreds of bits of the costume. I promised myself I wouldn’t look in the mirror until the whole shebang was ready.

‘When I turned around, it took my breath away. The “S” emblazoned on my chest, the boots, the red cape… Superman seeps into every boy’s consciousness.

'I remember running around the garden with a makeshift cape, then later a hand-me-down from one of my older brothers.

'The “S” is the third most recognisable symbol on the planet, after the Christian Cross and Coca-Cola. It isn’t a Hallowe’en costume. I was Superman.’

There was a certain poetic justice in that moment, which was not lost on ‘Fat Cavill’ – his phrase.

Staring back from the mirror was the once-obese teenager who had been bullied at that same boarding school where he met Crowe; the struggling British actor who had lost out on both an earlier role of Superman, then James Bond – to Daniel Craig.

‘I don’t know if I believe in fate,’ Cavill, 30, had said when we first met. But vindication is surely his.

As a teenager Cavill was overweight and unhappy. Aged 13, he arrived midway through the first term at Stowe, one of Britain’s most prestigious public schools, where fees are more than £9,000 a term.

‘I got there late and the other kids had all formed their groups and cliques,’ he recalls as we sit to the side of a gigantic green screen during a break in filming a scene where Superman flies.

Six foot tall and nearly 16st, with an impressively chiselled jawline, Cavill looks every inch the superhero.

‘I had been head boy at my prep school. I had ambition. I wanted to be head boy at my boarding school. I think, immediately, that put some noses out of joint.

'There were a lot of popular kids with older brothers who were lined up to be the head of house. It’s human nature to want to get rid of the competition.

‘I was a fat kid so I was an easy target. “Fat Cavill” was the nickname, which was a totally fair nickname, because I was fat.’

The second youngest of five boys, Cavill was born and raised on Jersey by his mother, Marianne, and investment banker father Colin, now his business manager.

The family was close. Money wasn’t a problem.

But, suffering from Osgood-Schlatter disease, a common condition among adolescents, which causes swelling in the knee joints, Cavill couldn’t exercise.

‘Osgood-Schlatter disease is associated with growing pains and is pretty gnarly when you are a kid and you don’t know what’s going on. But it passes and it did.

'However, it meant that I wasn’t able to do as much sport. So I lagged behind.

‘I was homesick. I wasn’t getting along with people. School was a scary place – whether that’s your fault or their fault.

'There was nothing physical. I was a chubby kid but I wasn’t a weakling. I could have stood up for myself in that department. It was name-calling, and kids do that. So I comfort ate.

‘There was also a lot of crying down the phone to Mum and Dad, maybe three times a day. I’m from a big family. I like that pack mentality and I wasn’t getting it at school.

‘Eventually my mother said to me, “Look darling, you’ve got to stop calling because it’s just making it worse.” So I did and it got easier because there wasn’t a constant reminder of what I didn’t have.

'Tough love worked. Now they can’t get a phone call out of me!

I’ve thought about it a lot over the years. Kids are cruel. When you put kids in that kind of environment, it’s what they do.

'They are stretching their muscles; trying to work out who they are.

'I don’t want it to be misconstrued that I’m whining about it now because I’m not. Nor am I condoning bullying.’

Cavill eventually settled at Stowe, lost weight, joined the CCF and started getting interested in acting.

Initially he was torn between joining the Army (his second eldest brother, Major Niki Cavill of the Royal Marines, was recently awarded an MBE for his work in Afghanistan) and treading the boards, but then came that transformative meeting with Crowe.

Cavill is one of a legion of public-school-educated actors currently setting the pace in film and TV, including Damian Lewis (Homeland), Benedict Cumberbatch (Star Trek Into Darkness), Eddie Redmayne (Les Misérables) and Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey).

A few months after our interview in Vancouver, I meet him in the bar of a London hotel. He acknowledges how lucky he is to have had a private-school education.

‘There are a lot of great British actors who aren’t public school-educated and they are doing well. But I do think public school does give you a sense of fortitude.

'There’s something about the education they give you. It’s tough. It’s “welcome to life, kiddo”. They instill in you the need to work hard and, yes, hard work pays off.

‘Public school certainly readied me for Hollywood. It prepared me for the rejection and being told: “No, you’re not good enough. Go away. Try harder.” Public school teaches you how to deal with all that crap. It teaches you to knuckle down and get on with it.’

In his early twenties Cavill grazed on the relatively unglamorous lower slopes of his profession – Midsomer Murders and The Inspector Lynley Mysteries – before graduating to films, including I Capture The Castle, Tristan & Isolde, Red Riding Hood and Stardust.

There were near misses.

In 2004, director Joseph ‘McG’ Nichol was casting for his version of Superman and Cavill was offered the part.

Then the studio pulled the plug on the director and opted instead for Bryan Singer. Singer preferred another unknown, Brandon Routh. The resulting 2006 film – Superman Returns – was forgettable and played poorly at the box office.

Soon after this setback, Cavill was approached by Eon Films, which was looking to replace Pierce Brosnan with a younger, more vital James Bond. Would Cavill try out for the part of 007?

‘I got shortlisted and it came down to me, Daniel (Craig) and possibly a third man.

'Obviously I was disappointed not to get it. Who doesn’t want to play Bond? But I tried to be positive. I thought, “OK, if I’m getting close to a role that size, it’s a good sign.” ’

Instead, he landed the less prestigious role of Charles Brandon, 1st Duke of Suffolk in the unashamedly sexy and violent period drama The Tudors, made by American company Showtime. Jonathan Rhys Meyers starred as an insatiable Henry VIII. The series was a hit, particularly in the States, where Cavill was starting to build an influential fan base.

One admirer was Zack Snyder, the director of 300 and Watchmen.

Fast forward six years and Cavill is on the set of Man Of Steel with Snyder, the director, briefing him and his fictional father Jor-El, played by Russell Crowe.

With an original story by Christopher Nolan and David S Goyer – who together re-booted Batman with Christian Bale – DC Comics and Warner Bros have high hopes that Man Of Steel will be the first of a lucrative franchise.

Published in 1938, the first Superman comic told how Kal-El was born on the doomed planet of Krypton before being rocketed to Earth by his father.

Adopted by a Kansas farmer and his wife, he grows up as Clark Kent, becoming a newspaper reporter while battling nefarious villains as Superman.

Nolan’s precise take on the cartoon classic is under wraps but Snyder says that although it sticks to the broad themes of the original story, this film explores the existential side of the superhero. The teenager leaves Kansas to ‘find himself’, improbably working on a trawler and an oil rig.

For Cavill, the transformation to superhero was a gargantuan physical challenge.

‘The production hired a trainer, Mark Twight, to work with me. I’ve always been physical but I’m not always in the gym. In pre-production I was knackered all the time.

'It was wake up, eat yoghurt and fruit or an omelette, then two hours of stunt training in a special studio: fight choreography and wirework for flying scenes.

'After lunch, it was cardio work on the treadmill and rowing machine.

‘At first it feels as if everything is getting broken down as you find all the right muscles to develop a base strength.

'Once you get beyond that, it becomes very exciting. You start to feel powerful and really good about yourself.’

At his peak, Cavill could deadlift 31st. Every morsel of food was accounted for.

‘We started on 3,500 calories a day and then, as I got stronger, it went up to 5,000, because I could lift and burn more.

'Mark’s rule was one-third carbs, one-third protein, one-third fats. I couldn’t drink alcohol. But towards the end of the shoot, when I’d done all the shirtless scenes, I’d have a drink at the weekend.’

I am loath to mention the Curse of Superman, but it is the elephant in the room.

Proponents of the Curse cite Christopher Reeve’s paralysis in a riding accident; the death of George Reeves (star of TV’s The Adventures Of Superman) from gunshot wounds in 1959; Lois Lane actress Margot Kidder’s battle with addictions; the box-office suicide of Singer’s film version…

‘I don’t believe in fate,’ he laughs. ‘You always hear about the Curse. Is there one? I don’t think so. I think it’s coincidence and bad luck.’

Action and reaction, he insists, have led him to a point where his career will fly or plummet to Earth.

Fat Boy Cavill to Man Of Steel – it has already been an epic journey.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/a ... z2VjxCHO6c

- El elenco de "Man of Steel" recogiendo su premio como "Most Manticipated Movie" en los "2013 Spike TV Guys Choice Awards" el Sábado (8 de junio) en los Sony Pictures Studios en Culver City, Calif, que les fue entregado por el actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt:

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen ImagenImagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- 'Man of Steel' Unscripted - Complete Interview (RealityHeroes):

Imagen

Imagen Imagen
¡¡¡¡AY, OMÁ QUÉ CALORES!!!! ¡Gracias por tu regalo, Nitta!

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Amy Adams Interview - Man of Steel (heyuguysblog):

- Henry Cavill Interview - Man of Steel (heyuguysblog):

- Kevin Costner and Diane Lane Interview - Man of Steel (heyuguysblog):

- Michael Shannon Interview - Man of Steel (heyuguysblog):

- Russell Crowe Interview - Man of Steel (heyuguysblog):

- Antje Traue Interview - Man of Steel (heyuguysblog):

- Zack Snyder Interview - Man of Steel (heyuguysblog):

- Amy Adams finally gets to play Lois Lane (CNN):

- Man of Steel - Exclusive International Online Open End Interviews 'Henry Cavill' (WarnerBrosThailand):

- Man of Steel - Exclusive International Online Open End Interviews 'Amy Adams' (WarnerBrosThailand):

- Man of Steel - Exclusive International Online Open End Interviews 'Antje Traue' (WarnerBrosThailand):

- Man of Steel - Exclusive International Online Open End Interviews 'Michael Shannon' (WarnerBrosThailand):

- Man of Steel - Exclusive International Online Open End Interviews 'K.Costner & D.Lane' (WarnerBrosThailand):

- Man of Steel - Exclusive International Online Open End Interviews 'Zack Synder' -Director- (WarnerBrosThailand):

- MAN OF STEEL: Interview with Henry Cavill (Alicia Malone):

- MAX Final Cut: Man of Steel Part 1 (Cinemax):

- Man of Steel - How to Make Henry Cavill Uncomfortable (Rotten Tomatoes):

- Henry Cavill Talks Heartwarming Story and Chest Hair (Reelz):

- Henry Cavill Exclusive Interview ABS-CBN - TV PATROL:

- Henry Cavill on Man of Steel (SkyMoviesOfficial):

- Man of Steel & This is the End - Guest Star: Henry Cavill (Fandango):

- Man of Steel - Henry Cavill Interview (IGN):

- Henry Cavill was aware of the pressure of donning the Superman suit (MTV):

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/915640 ... id=1708479

- Amy Adams talks 'Man of Steel,' Superman kiss -- 5 facts (OTRC):

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id= ... id=9135432

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- La productora Deborah Snyder Habla sobre MAN OF STEEL, escenas borradas, modernizar a Supermán, 2D vs. 3D, JUSTICE LEAGUE, la Secuela y Más (collider.com):
La productora Deborah Snyder Habla sobre MAN OF STEEL, escenas borradas, modernizar a Supermán, 2D vs. 3D, JUSTICE LEAGUE, la Secuela y Más
Por Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub 8 de Junio, 2013 a las 10:23 am

With Man of Steel opening next week, Warner Bros. recently held a huge press junket here in Los Angeles where I was able to interview producer Deborah Snyder. During the extended conversation, she talked about the last few weeks, what they learned from the friends and family screenings, deleted scenes, how long was the first cut, and respecting the Superman canon while still making slight changes. She also talked about what will be on the Man of Steel Blu-ray, could it have an extended cut, how one of the key fights in the movie almost didn’t happen, IMAX, were they ever going to shoot in 3D rather than post-convert, and more. Finally, I also asked her, “when you guys delivered the rough cut to Warner Bros. and they saw it, was it in the room they offered you Justice League.” Hit the jump to watch or read what she had to say:

Collider: I’ll start by saying congratulations, I fucking loved the movie.

DEBORAH SNYDER: I’m so glad.

[Laughs] Me too actually, I’m a huge superman fan. Talk a little bit about what these last few weeks have been like for you in terms of finishing the movie, getting it ready and then just showing it to everybody.

SNYDER: It’s nerve-wracking. You’ve worked on this thing for almost three years and it’s collaborative, but it’s also insular, right? But you’re making it for an audience, and then it’s time to finally show the audience. I think we’re really proud of the film, but you never know how an audience is going to react and you’re excited, but every reaction – because it’s a slow process or it feels painfully slow the last two weeks leading up to the release.

Did you guys do any test screenings?

SNYDER: We did some on-the-lot screenings.

So friends and family.

SNYDER: Yeah.

What did you learn from the friends and family screenings that perhaps helped you shape the final movie?

SNYDER: I think it was mostly pacing issues and length, where maybe it was dragging a little, where people wanted a little bit more action or a little less action. It was kind of like fine tuning the cut.

The final cut is 2:20 or so, how long was your first cut?

SNYDER: Gosh…I don’t even remember, I mean the first cut before Zack showed it to anyone – I think the assembly was over three hours.

But people should know that the assembly is every bit and bob.

SNYDER: Every bit and bell and whistle, it’s kind of where the editor puts everything together and then shows it to Zack, the director, and then he kind of takes it and works from there.

I guess what I’m getting at, where there a lot of deleted scenes? Compared, to say Watchmen, which had – I think the director’s cut of Watchmen is great and there are a few key scenes that make the film even better.

SNYDER: Better, yeah.

Obviously with Man of Steel you can’t go longer than 2:20, that’s the length the studio wants.

SNYDER: And that works for an audience, you know.

Yeah like 2:20 is max, a lot of people tap out.

SNYDER: By the way, that’s what we found. It was kind of the perfect length for the film. We only cut one entire scene, and we trimmed down scenes. So we only lost one scene in its entirety and it wasn’t due to length it was due to that it didn’t feel like it fit in with the rest of what we were doing. It felt a little off.

Was it a special effects scene or was it more dialogue?

SNYDER: It was one of the flashback scenes that we did with the Kent’s with Clark as a child.

I took someone to see it and one of the things we discussed was how great the character moments were, and how great the dialogue was, and how great the people were. How difficult was it for you guys to make sure that stuff worked? Talk a little bit about crafting those moments, because if you don’t care about the characters-

SNYDER: You don’t care about anything.

Yeah, the action means nothing.

SNYDER: Absolutely, I think that’s what’s so special about this film. I think people expect the action, the spectacle, but the depth of the characters and I think the struggles that they go through, that they’re very modern struggles and they’re very relatable struggles. That was kind of our goal to make him as human and as relatable as possible. Because I think before, at least for me, because I can only speak for me, but I found that he was always so good and super-boyscout-ish that I couldn’t really get a feel – at least in the movies, because that’s how I come to him, not really reading the comics but from the movies, and I feel like there is a reason that this character has lasted 75 years. I think it is all these stories inside the cannon that different people can relate to. Whether it’s the two fathers – I think we touch on family and the struggle what it is to be good. I think for us when we read this script seeing Clark being bullied, and seeing him lost in the world, and seeing him try to find his place that was the most interesting aspect of the story for me, because it was a superman that I had never seen before.

There’s a lot of stuff in the movie that is going to feel very familiar to fans and there’s also slight twists that you guys have done, which I found very good. I don’t want to reveal anything because this is probably going to run prior to release, which is unfortunate because I really want to get into certain things. There are certain twists to things that the fans might know, was that Zack? Was that you guys? Was that David’s script? Was that a collaboration?

SNYDER: Yeah, I think that was a collaboration. I mean, listen, David Goyer is the expert, whenever we were unsure – Zack has always been a fan of Superman and has read the comics, but by no means is he an expert on everything Superman, but Goyer knows a lot about it. So whenever we had a question we would go an ask Goyer, “Hey is that right?” Or, “We need the name of a character, find something,” because we really wanted to use a lot from the canon. I think then that’s how Zack came into play. Zack would try to add more things because respecting the canon, although we’re modernizing, it is something that was important to him. And getting those little tidbits, whether it’s the name of someone or a place – we created this Kryptonian language that in Krypton, on the walls, there’s this awesome calligraphy on the walls and its actually translated words and there’s phrases that are there scrolled on the walls. That’s not too spoilers because I didn’t tell you what they are.

Switching gears completely, I definitely have to ask this because it’s an ongoing joke, but when you guys delivered the rough cut to Warner Bros. and they saw it, was it in the room that they offered you Justice League?

SNYDER: [Laughs] You are tricky, you are tricky.

No there’s no trick about it, you guys delivered a fucking great – they’ve had some problems at Warner Bros. delivering superhero movies that don’t start with “Batman” and you guys delivered a great superhero movie. This is going to be a huge worldwide hit.

SNYDER: Well, we’re going to keep our fingers crossed because you never know.

Sure, I can tell you based on the traffic on my site that when I post Man of Steel stuff, compared to everything else, it’s another level. You guys did such a great job with this, is this a franchise that you guys have fallen in love with the point where you could see yourself, maybe after doing something else, coming back to it and doing a sequel? Or is it something where it was so overwhelming spending three years on it?

SNYDER: All I’m going to say is that it’s a character that we – this character, this new Superman we’ve created – we really love. And all the people that we’ve worked with, we’ve had an amazing experience with them. I think we’ll just have to see where it goes from there.

Sure, I really hope that you guys do land Justice League, or decide to do it, or do a sequel, but that’s a whole separate thing.

SNYDER: Okay, whole separate thing [laughs].

With eventually the Blu-ray that’s going to come out, obviously the studio’s already thinking about that because the window’s so short.

SNYDER: Yes, we are working on that. I can talk about that [laughs].

I’m sure in four to five months it’s on store shelves, especially with Christmas. Do you envision putting a lot of the deleted scenes on the Blu-ray? Do you envision an extended cut, or is the theatrical the one?

SNYDER: The theatrical cut is the cut that Zack wants out there and I think our feeling was the scene that was deleted didn’t really work so that’s why it’s not in the movie, although what I will say is we’re planning some really nice – Zack does love, and because it’s about world building and visual effects we have so much amazing art work, and I think we’re going to see not only Zack participate in the director walk-ins, but maybe some other special guests joining him this time to elaborate on the filmmaking process. It’s still being worked out who’s going to participate and everything, I’m not just being cheeky about it, but I think that to us is really interesting. I don’t know, it interests us and I think a lot of people out there like seeing breaking it down how are the scenes created and how did it go from the art work to the storyboards to what you see. So I think there’s going to be a lot of that.

During pre-production you guys are obviously working it out – costs, figuring things out from a producing stand point, because you have “x” number of dollars. Was there a sequence or two that came really close to being made but was pulled for whatever reason – script, budget, whatever?

SNYDER: Well it’s interesting because, as scripted, the original Jor-El and Zod fight on Krypton was supposed to be a very short beat and it almost got cut because of the budget. It became this very long – well, the fight is a decent action sequence, but it’s kind of the first bit of action you get in the movie. We don’t go to Smallville for a big set piece for quite a long time. That was in danger of not making it into the film, or a very shortened version was going to make it into the film, but Zack’s very good about moving things around and taking some sequences and shortening them to allow us to actually have the fight as it is in the movie, which is a much longer fight than was originally anticipated.

Why did you choose the camera you chose to go with? Film or digital and why?

SNYDER: Yeah, Zack is a film guy. He wanted to shoot this on film. He said it’s ironic that Superman is the most realistic movie he’s made, and the idea was to ground him in reality. We’re just – right now we love film. You go to a theater and it’s sad that everything is becoming digital, there’s something about the grain and the flicker…there’s a grit to film.

Which camera did you use?

SNYDER: I can’t remember if it’s Panavision or Arri, I don’t remember.

So you shot on film.

SNYDER: We shot on film, I don’t remember which camera, because he uses both and don’t remember which on he used one his one.

Was there any consideration for shooting any bits in IMAX?

SNYDER: There was big discussions about shooting it in native 3D or converting it, and Zach wanted it handheld and shot on film. So we did a test at the beginning of shooting and we built a film rig to house two film cameras, because he said, “I’m not going to shoot on digital, I’m going to shoot on film. Let’s see if we can shoot this on film native.” We took the same footage and we shot it on digital and we took the same footage that we shot 2D and we converted it, and what we found was it was really difficult to shoot a handheld film with a rig with two cameras. It was just super heavy and time consuming, it slowed us down, and it was most important not to compromise the vision of the film. To have that moving camera was so much a part of the immediacy of what Zack wanted to communicate. Then we converted it and we cut it together with the native, and we couldn’t tell the difference. We really, honestly couldn’t. So we were like, “The decision is made.” but I think the key is we had the time, we said we would only do the 3D if we had the time to have the conversion happen simultaneously but also at the end of the movie so it’s not like, “Oh it’s done in a month, its rushed so much.” Because the technology is there and the people are there to do it the right way, you just need the time. So it was an easy decision for us to shoot it on film and convert it.

I’m definitely curious – I saw it in 2D, I haven’t seen it in 3D yet, for the first time people see it do you recommend 2D or 3D?

SNYDER: I personally see 2D movies, whatever movie it is. We saw Star Trek in 2D, we see everything in 2D so I’m just a bigger fan of 2D, but the 3D is really well done. It’s not in your face, it’s more immersive.

So more like adding depth.

SNYDER: Its added depth 3D as opposed to, “Hey, we’re poking in the face.” I mean, there are some moments. I think it’s great that you can have the choice to see it in IMAX – what’s really great is the Dolby Atmos mix, if you can see it in Dolby Atmos, to me that makes a big difference. Because the sound separates so much more, and the score is so beautiful and the sound design is amazing, and a lot of times there’s only so much you can do in 7.1, but the Dolby Atmos lets it breath. That’s my recommendation, 2D Dolby Atmos.

Video: http://collider.com/deborah-snyder-man- ... interview/

http://collider.com/deborah-snyder-man- ... interview/

- Deborah Snyder Habla Sobre "Man of Steel" y los Easter Eggs (CraveOnline.com):
Deborah Snyder Habla Sobre "Man of Steel" y los Easter Eggs
Por William Bibbiani 10 de Junio, 2013

If you're reading an article about a Superman movie, there's a really good chance that – at some point – you've thought about making a Superman movie yourself, or at least what you'd like to see in a movie like Man of Steel. Deborah Snyder, along with her producing partner and Man of Steel director (and husband) Zack Snyder, got to live out that fantasy. It was really hard work.

Sitting down with Snyder at a soundstage at the Warner Bros. backlot in Burbank, CA, she and I talked about the responsibilities her production team had to the character, the initial trepidations, and the various details they fought for… and were convinced to shy away from. We also got into some MILD SPOILERS about various Man of Steel easter eggs fans are going to find throughout the movie, and what they might mean for future installments of the franchise. There's also a MILD SPOILER about Lois Lane.

We will reserve any spoilers – which again, would be minor – for the second page of the interview, so feel free to read ahead until the page break without any concerns.

CraveOnline: When you found out that you were going to produce Man of Steel, what was your first thought? Was it a worry, or was it like “Success!” What was your first inclination?

Deborah Snyder: We met the Nolans on a plane going to CinemaCon when they were there for Inception, we were doing [Legend of the] Guardians, and we never met them before. Yet we were both husband and wife team at the same studio and people kept saying, “Oh you guys have to meet.” So we had a really nice conversation of the plane and we said, “Listen when everything calms down we gotta get a meal together.” So a couple months after that we got a call and Chris [Nolan] had said, “Hey, do you guys want to come over for lunch and grab that meal, and would you mind if we talked to you about Superman?” Zack got off the phone and we were like… [Gasps]! And I said “I don’t know, Zack. I don’t know how…” And he was such a fan of the character, he had different trepidations, right? His trepidation was, “I don’t know how to do this character justice. I’m not sure I know how to do that.” And I was like. “I don’t know how you make him accessible to a modern audience.” But we said, sure we’ll come and listen and they pitched us the idea that Chris and [David] Goyer had for the story. We really felt that they had an in into making him relatable, into making you care about him. But of course we wanted to read the script because the pitches are usually better than the script, and we were so pleased when we read the script. It was a really great way of getting at him. So then it was like, okay… Zack said, “I want to do this. I really want to do this.” And I said, “I feel like they really figured out a way to make this work.” And then I don’t think you can think about what the responsibility is. [Laughs] It’s like, too huge, right? So then you just have to go about your day-to-day.

Can you let it drop entirely though? Because surely you realize you can’t make a decision that turns it into… not Superman.

But I think also, too, it’s about… Listen, in working on these beloved graphic novels or comics that we have, we know that respecting the source material, and in this instance because there [are] many comics… it’s about respecting the canon. We knew there were certain things you couldn’t do. He’s from Krypton. There’s a history there. His parents are who they are. You know, the suit. Redesigning the suit I think was a great example of the balance because, you know, you couldn’t keep it to what it was because audiences are much more sophisticated to what superhero suits are. Zack wanted to make sure the ‘S,’ the shield, was a proud symbol on his chest. He had to have a cape…

I heard he was fighting for the little shorts.

You know, he did. And we looked at so many iterations and it just …

Did you have to convince him? Did you have to sit him down…?

I didn’t because we looked at it and it was pretty obvious. Because they sort of get smaller and smaller and then it was like, “Okay, we’re hinting at them.” We have the belt…

Yeah, like those little ribbings along the side. Could those have been red? It just didn’t work.

Yeah. I felt like it just didn’t look as cool. You know? It didn’t look as modern. But we felt like we at least hinted at it. You know, we knew people were going to be mad. Some people. And, you know, you can’t please everybody…

At least until they see it work in a different way.

Yeah.

And people were mad about Heath Ledger as the Joker until they saw the Joker and went, “Oh, crap. That’s awesome.”

That’s true.

I think they’re going to be that way about some stuff in Man of Steel. Incidentally, I really loved this movie.

Oh, I’m so glad.

It’s the Superman movie I’ve been wanting to see. So, thank you.

You know, it’s a scary thing. You know, you take on these things. You work on it for a while. You don’t know how …

Every geek – and I’m one of them – they imagine “What ‘I’ would do… if ‘I’ had a Superman movie… and ‘I’ would make it work and it would be awesome.” Then, once it’s there in front of you, and you actually have to do it, then it becomes the series of little tasks. And was there ever any – we talked about the little shorts – but were there disagreements about directions to take that were really difficult decisions? t attack. What were the big decisions to be made?

No… Listen, I think that Chris and David had a really good story and then Zack is… the one thing about Zack is he’s very clear in his vision. Like it or not, he has a very clear vision of what, and he’s very good at communicating that, and I think at the beginning before we even came on to the project, he knew what he wanted to do with the script. He knew what changes, and Chris was really super… I think he liked what those changes were.

Was it changes to the plot, or was it more like, “Here’s a set piece I’d like to put in…?”

Yeah and, ‘I think it needs this.’ And again…

Can you give me one example that was something that Zack brought in?

Well, I mean, the sequence at the end with Jonathan with the car. The flashback where they are looking at young Clark. That was never in the script. That’s we he just added because he felt like he wanted that moment at the end of the movie, and he wanted to feel Jonathan’s presence. It’s interesting because it’s really kind of Martha’s flashback of how she’s remembering him. To me, that gets me still. You know, it’s funny how Jonathan, although his screen time is not that much, he resonates throughout the film so much.

Well, casting works to. You got Kevin Costner. It’s a small part but Kevin Costner is very specifically that guy.

Gravitas! Yeah.

When you see Kevin Costner, you see him on a plain. You can’t like see him, you know, in a cubicle like doing something. He’s always in a field or something. And it just feels right.

[Laughs] It does feel right!

Doesn’t it?

And he’s, like, the dad everybody wants, you know. He is. And he was so… I really enjoyed working with him a great deal. I enjoyed seeing him work with the younger kids. He was super gracious. Like, when no one was looking, the advice he would give them off screen about blocking, hitting your mark and stuff. We got really, really lucky. Really lucky to have these amazing people because everything feels very believable and real. And they were inspired by it too. I think you feel that.

Obviously I think a lot of people are looking to this movie as a foundation hopefully for future, not just Superman movies, but Justice League movies. Everyone sort of has this in the back of their head. Beyond the sort of LexCorp building are there other Easter Eggs in there for people to find that we be looking for?

In terms of the future? I mean…

Even if it’s like a cute little reference and we’ll get to that another time. There was a rumor online that Harry Lennix was going to be the Martian Manhunter.

[Laughs]

Where at the end he was going to, like, eat an Oreo and his eyes are going to glow red. That would have been the ending.

You know what’s interesting, and I don’t know and I’m not going to say what it means or anything, but the one thing if you look closely when Henry’s going through the Fortress of Solitude there’s an empty… you know all the bodies… the pods? There’s an empty pod. I’m not going to say what, or if, it means anything but there is an empty pod there.

If I guessed it would you say?

No, I’m not saying anything! Spoilers!

Can I just get a look at your face?

No!

Supergirl…?

No. [Laughs] I’m not going to say anything but, it’s a thing.

It’s a thing though?

It’s a thing. That’s one Easter Egg that, I don’t know. Again, it might not mean anything, [but] it might mean something…

You’re laying the seeds.

I think it’s important when you’re doing world-building to have… I think it’s great, and I think Alex [McDowell] did a great job for us in Watchmen with the production design, and also this movie…

A lot of detail. A lot of little stories in the background.

.Yeah. We created a language. Wehad these linguists up in Canada that we found had done a lot of research on Klingon. Like, we brought them in and they came up with this language on the walls. This is actually a nice Easter Egg: on the walls the phrases are actually phrases, and I don’t remember what they are, right now exactly, but they are real phrases that were translated into Kryptonian. So that’s kind of a fun thing. I’m sure someone will be able to decipher that. Because I know online’s been seeding the language.

Okay, let me ask you a quick question here because I saw the screening last week. Is there something after the credits that they just didn’t show us, and maybe we’ll get to that later? Or are you not doing that?

We’re not doing that.

You’re not doing that? Really?

This is a movie! I swear to God, I feel like …

I’m glad. I think everyone is sort of waiting for it and that’s like, you know, Marvel does that.

It kind of feels like it’s a commercial for another movie. This is our story and for us it needed to be its own thing. And I think that’s how everybody obviously is always asking, “What’s going on in a few…?” And what we’ve said is Superman is the pinnacle, right? And you have to get him right first. And that’s what are focus was. And we see how this all does. Obviously people talk and all that but you just have to focus on what you’re doing right now and get that right first. And this was a complete story and we’re not teasing something. It just wasn’t what we wanted to do. I feel like the film, there’s a class to it, you know.

Did you have a good enough experience that if this, and man I hope that it does well…

You and me both! [Laughs]

But if there is another Superman, would you want to tell another story of this or you feel like you’ve told this one and this one is great and we can move on and let someone else …

I’ll tell you, it’s been an amazing experience and we were lucky. We’ve been building this crew of people and bringing in new people and for a movie of this size it was really smooth. And I think its also because Zack plans everything so specifically. You know with his drawing of storyboards and pre-vis…

Well you have to with something this complex.

It’s all about the prep. And because also too it’s allows us to then have… He can focus on performances because he’s not worried about … I mean, there’s so much. When does he turn CG? And when is he real? And we do that hand-off back and forth, which we’ve had a little practice with Watchmen and Sucker Punch, getting the technology right. But this was way beyond. It really needs to be buttoned up. But to answer your question, I mean, listen I’ve grown to really love all these people and I love this character and I love what we created and we’ll see and, you know, fingers are crossed that it does well.

I will say this: the great and really difficult decision you made with Lois Lane, to have her, like the first thing she does is figure out who Clark Kent is. You just saved that character for so many people who think she’s useless. That was really daring. That was really cool. Was that part of the initial pitch or was that…?

Listen, I think Zack, in all the films he has these really strong women that… Sometimes we’re making commentary about women’s roles in society, sometimes it’s very blatant. But I think the vision for Lois was always for her to be more proactive. On the surface in the past she’s been this hard-hitting reporter but she’s still always being rescued, and also we wanted her to be smart and you wanted to see that she was smart and proactive. I always say she saves him as much as he saves [her]. She saves him emotionally.

And physically!

And physically! She has a big role and we’ve not seen that before. Zack built on that. It was in the script initially but I know that was something that he built on as we went along in the process.

When Amy auditioned, did she just resend her audition tapes from Superman Returns and the Brett Ratner one?

[Laughs] No!

Because she’s very vocal about that she wanted that role.

You know something, she met with Zack, I think a couple times. I met her, and then we just honestly She’s like this amazing actor. We knew it wasn’t about the acting but we wanted to see just them together because there is that chemistry. There is that… Their relationship really has to work. Really, Zack wanted to just get in a room with the two of them and see what it was going to be like and how their dynamic would be. We didn’t show it to anyone. It wasn’t like we showed it to the studio. It was more for him being able to see that with them.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/intervi ... aster-eggs

- Man Of Steel - OST #14 - This Is Clark Kent [Hans Zimmer]:

- Scans, Interview & Pics - Henry Cavill: the Ultimate Hero (Malaysian Galaxie Magazine):
Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen
A Hero for All Heroes

That’s a big question. Since undertaking the role, the Englishman has been kept under wraps. Even the advance trailers concentrate on his co-stars Amy Adams, Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner. His last film, The Immortals, didn’t exactly immortalise him, and the only film he’s been announced for since, The Great Wall, just lost its director, Ed Zwick.

At the press conference for Man Of Steel, Henry talks about the physical preparation for the role. “For Immortals, I had done martial arts-based training, Tabata style, basically high repetition. You do a total of 100 repetitions in one round and 25 of four different exercises with eight breaths in between each exercise. By the end of the preparation, I managed to get up to doing five rounds. It was exhausting, brutal but wonderfully rewarding at the same time because after all the blood, sweat and tears, you’re in great shape and that helps in every walk of life.”

Every walk … like getting Superman?

But that was a very different style of training. Superman is very much based upon lifting weights and putting on a lot of mass. The Theseus (Immortals) training was about building a strong, muscular structure but not necessarily a larger size; Superman was all about lifting big numbers. It was eight months of training and then during filming continuing non-stop with a chap called Mark Twight. He’s the founder of Gym Jones, an extraordinary trainer and his techniques are constantly developing and adapting because as one’s body changes, you need to vary your calorie intake, and if you’re trying to do strength and size, there’s a certain type of training required and a certain type of calorie intake and then you’ll go on a leaning diet to make yourself ready for film to a certain degree and then when you’re getting your shirt off, you go on a special kind of leaning diet which will end up stripping away part muscle and you’ll end up losing an awful lot of weight, and then you’ve got to go back and the training changes, and you go back into a strength training and a different kind of diet after that. It was a very complicated process but Mark made it fun for me and I now take that with me for the rest of my life.

Superman is the ultimate hero. In real life, what do you think makes a man a hero?

Any kind of self-sacrifice for the betterment of others, I think, is the key thing that makes a man a hero.

What was the audition process like for the most coveted role of the year?

The best trick with any audition process is just go in there, do the best you can, and then forget about it because otherwise, you’ll be left waiting every week of the year, and you’ll be left disappointed 90% of those weeks. But then finally getting that call, it’s extraordinarily exciting. I was leaping around the house like a child as soon as I’d heard it. But frankly, before that call, I didn’t pin any hopes on it being a “Yes” because I’d been there before. I’ve been down that road and have come very close to very big jobs and it is disappointing when you don’t get them, and so the less you build them up, the less it hurts when you don’t get them.

As you intimated, you were runner-up to play James Bond (Casino Royale), and when McG planned a Superman redo he chose you, but then Bryan Singer stepped in and Brandon Routh was cast. For this Superman, Matt Bomer was Brett Ratner’s choice, but then a change in directors gave you the part. Predestined?

As I an actor, 99% of an actor’s career is spent being told “No” and you get very used to it. I certainly have, and as much as I wanted Bond, when it didn’t happen, it was a bit of a sting and you think, “Oh, no, I really wanted that,” but then you look at the absolutely fantastic job Daniel Craig did and you realise, I’m in this business to tell stories and if someone is telling that story fantastically, then I’m all the more happy to have lost out to him.

Do you remember the first time you put on the Superman suit?

We sort of built various aspects of it, and we were trying stuff out but even so, the first prototype that I put on was an incredibly exciting moment. Finally, when I looked in the mirror, it was one of those things I will never forget because it made it real. It was no longer just one of those fantastic, exciting things, which I was training for. I was actually wearing the Superman suit, and it looked fantastic, and I felt like Superman, an incredible moment.

How were the harnesses and wires?

The wires and harnesses, actually I love all the stunt stuff. It is a lot of good fun. Sometimes you can get a little hurt and a little sore, but if it helps make the story more fantastic and more believable and more wonderful to behold, then I’m all for it.

How high did you get?

Well, I was 40 feet up in the air, which is pretty cool.

Superman is both strong and weak. What are your strengths and weaknesses?

My strengths… well, I can certainly tell you one of them. My commitment to the task at hand when it comes to work, I am fully, fully dedicated; at that same time, that could be one of my weaknesses because I will work until I run myself into the ground, unless there’s someone who will say: “Henry, it’s time for you to take a break.” I will often keep on going until I get sick, and that’s no good for anyone; so it’s probably my single mindedness that is both my strength and my weakness.

Hard to believe it, but you were once a fat little boy, even called Fat Cavill. Was that traumatic for you?

I wouldn’t call my childhood traumatic. I think I had a very fortunate childhood. I had a very supportive family, and I went to a fantastic school. Children will be mean to each other, but it was by no means a traumatic childhood. Kids can also be wonderful. Certainly, it knocks your confidence when you hear yourself called that; you do doubt yourself a little bit, but confidence was always there. It was just a matter of ignoring what people say.

Did that confidence come from wanting to be an actor?

I guess I was about 11 years old when I first thought I could become an actor. I had just finished doing a school play which one of the teachers asked me to do. I did it and enjoyed it enormously, and all the parents came up to me afterwards and were saying, you were absolutely wonderful and marvelous and we hope you do another one next year. I had a good feeling about it. People were saying really nice stuff they enjoyed something that I did and then I did another one the following year and had a similar response. Then when I went to boarding school, the same response there. I thought, hold on a second, I really enjoy this acting malarkey, and I’m getting a good response for it. So that’s when I started seriously considering doing a drama course in university. I was fortunate enough to have been picked up (cast in The Count Of Monte Cristo) before that. I didn’t have to go through all of that at the age of 17 and have kept the career going since then.

How did your parents react when you told them you wanted to be an actor?

My mother was, of course, “Darling, you do what you want to do and what you love.” My father was — it’s not like he said don’t do it, he said: “Well, if you want to go to university and take a course in drama, at least get a proper degree first,” which I think is really good advice for anyone who wants to be an actor because it’s not necessarily bound for success. There’s a lot of hard work. It takes a lot of good fortune as well. So his advice was sensible, but it didn’t work out because as soon as I got the Count of Monte Cristo job from school, there was no argument. It was: “Well, of course, you have a career now and you have a job, and continue on.

You are presently going out with Gina Carano, how serious is that?

When it comes to my relationship, I prefer to keep all of that very private and very close to my chest because as an actor, I believe that when an audience watches a movie, you shouldn’t have things coloured by knowing an actor’s private life. If you came to watch me in a love scene, you don’t want to be thinking about the events of my private life.

When not working, what do you like to do?

I like to do earthy stuff. I like to get out and go walking in the hills and if not that, then spending time with my family and friends.

http://henrycavill.org/en/blog/intervie ... d27e65]/2/

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Man of Steel Henry Cavill on Good Morning America (10-06-13):

https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/common/referer...

- Imágenes del elenco a su llegada a los estudios de la ABC para "Good Morning America" (10-06-13):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- MAN OF STEEL -- Full World Premiere:

- Imágenes de la premiere en NYC (10-06-13):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Datos interesantes de la premiere:

1. La WB ya está desarrollando la secuela de "Man of Steel": aunque seguramente no pilla a nadie por sorpresa, el proyecto ya está oficalmente en marcha. Zack Snyder repetirá en su papel como director al igual que David S. Goyer lo hará como escritor. El acuerdo de Goyer es parte de su acuerdo con la WB de hacer 3 películas que serían la de Man Of Steel, su secuela y la Justice League con Supermán. Lo que aún no se sabe es si Nolan estará involucrado. Lo que sí que parece claro es que, si lo hace, no será a tiempo completo ya que tiene otros proyectos en marcha.

David S. Goyer ante las preguntas sobre la película de la Liga comentó: "Ellos me han incrustado kryptonita en el corazón y si digo algo me va a explotar, pero sería un hombre muy rico... Porque ya sabéis la de veces que me hacen esa pregunta. Todo depende de cómo vaya la película". Y cuando se le preguntó como fan lo mucho que le gustaría ver esa película dijo: "Me encantaría ver una película de la Liga de la Justicia, por supuesto. Poned a los Avengers sobre aviso".

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/man-of- ... d-s-goyer/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04vjAjZbZ-I

2. ¿Posibilidad de Supergirl de cara a una secuela?: Cuando le comentaron a Deborah Snyder sobre si Martian Manhunter podría aparecer, Snyder simplemente se rio, pero cuando se le preguntó por Supergirl, Deborah comentó "...la cosa que ves si observas detenidamente cuando Henry entra en la Fortaleza de la Soledad es que hay vacía una... ya sabes lo de todos los cuerpos... ¿las cápsulas? Hay una cápsula vacía. Mo voy a decir el qué, o si, eso significa algo pero hay una cápsula vacía ahí". "No. [Risas] No voy a decir nada pero, es algo. Es algo. Es uno de esos Easter Egg que, no sé. De nuevo, puede que no signifique nada, pero puede significar algo…" Si habéis leído el cómic de la precuela de la película, sabréis que todo esto tiene que ver con Supergirl, con lo cual se han disparado las posibilidades de la aparición de Kara en la secuela o incluso en una posible película.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=81271

3. Laurence Fishburne se inpiró en Ed Bradley para hacer su personaje de Perry White: "Esencialmente, he usado como modelo e inspiración a Ed Bradley, quien fue corresponsal de CBS en 60 minutos durante muchos años". "Ed Bradley, era un amigo, un mentor y un modelo a seguir para mí. Especialmente porque trabajó en el periodismo y era el tipo de hombre que caminaba con los reyes, pero tenía sentido común. Por eso fue mi inspiración para Perry ".

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Nuevo Spot de TV #11:

- Otro nuevo Spot de TV #12:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105371

- MAN OF STEEL - "Superman" Official Featurette (2013) [HD]:

- El Hombre de Acero - Y tú, ¿qué esperas? (WarnerBrosEspaña):

- TODAY'S Genevieve Loh talks to Zack Snyder about 'Man of Steel' (Today´s Digital):

- MAN OF STEEL, Henry Cavill on Fame & Playin Superman (THR):

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... iew-566198

- Christopher Nolan Talks producing "Man of Steel" (accesshollywood):

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/ ... dium=share

- Zack Snyder: Does He Want To Direct A Man Of Steel Sequel? (accesshollywood):

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/ ... share-link

- Kevin Costner: How Does Man Of Steel Compare To The Original Superman Movies? (accesshollywood):

- Laurence Fishburne On Playing Perry White In Man Of Steel: 'I'm A Big, Big Comic Book Fan!' (accesshollywood):

- Henry Cavill Talks Putting On A Replica Of The 1978 Superman Costume – 'It Was Mortifying!'(accesshollywood):

- Amy Adams: What Was It Like Taking On The Iconic Role Of Lois Lane In Man Of Steel? (accesshollywood):

- Henry Cavill and Amy Adams Man of Steel Premiere Coverage (Movieline):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Cavill mantiene a Superman real en 'Man of Steel' (AP):
Cavill mantiene a Superman real en 'Man of Steel'
Por DERRIK J. LANG | Associated Press – Tue, 11 de Junio, 2013

Imagen Imagen
BURBANK, Calif. (AP) — With his dark eyebrows deeply furrowed and gleaming white teeth firmly clamped shut, Henry Cavill winces when asked if Superman is treated like a terrorist in "Man of Steel." His reaction is somewhat understandable. The charming British actor should feel very protective of the character — one of the biggest icons in pop culture.

Besides, Henry Cavill is Superman now.

It's a fair question though, given that Cavill's Superman, his bulky frame encased in a deep-blue rendition of the Superman uniform, is handcuffed and attacked by the military at certain points in the retelling of the superhero's origin. While the idea of Superman as a threatening outsider has been explored in other mediums, it's new to the big screen.

"In the previous movies, it was just kind of accepted that he was a superhuman, but what would happen if this dude really did exist?" said Cavill. "If he was discovered, he would probably be put in a room and experimented on. That's very clear in his choices throughout the movie. He's become very adept at being who he is — but just not so openly."

"Man of Steel" centers on an adult Clark Kent — or Kal-El, as he's known back on his home planet of Krypton — at the inception of his superheroic identity. (The name Superman is actually only uttered a couple of times in the film.) It's a matter-of-fact account of how a much more hesitant Clark rises up and responds when earth is threatened by Kryptonian outcasts.

At the beginning of "Man of Steel," which opens Friday, this version of the character doesn't wear spectacles, work at The Daily Planet, soar through the skies or own any clothes with a giant S plastered across the chest. He's a drifter. He says more with actions than words, something the 30-year-old star of 2011's "Immortals" completely understands.

"As an actor, you spend a lot of time alone," said Cavill. "You travel the world by yourself. You don't have your buddies that you see on the weekend or at the office every day. You make temporary families, and you can only see your friends between jobs. I'm actually not a naturally super-chatty person. It's a skill I've had to teach myself."

With an emphasis on folksy imagery instead of high-flying action, early "Man of Steel" footage suggested a darker take on the superhero. While the tone is certainly more emotional than previous live-action adaptations, the filmmakers — which include "The Dark Knight" director Christopher Nolan as a producer and writer — haven't diagnosed Superman with depression.

"It's not darker," said director Zack Snyder. "It's just a more realistically realized version of Superman. We tried to apply logic to the story. He lives in our world. That's it. It's a straightforward protocol. We put him in our world without it being a joke. If we had made it a little lighter, maybe it would feel more like the Superman of the past."

That's exactly what the filmmakers didn't want to do.

Nolan, Snyder and screenwriter David S. Goyer traded the bumbling, nerdy Clark in favor of a more contemplative one who stays under the radar working odd jobs. It's far, far and away from Christopher Reeve's jocular interpretation of the role, which Cavill won after earlier missing the part in 2006's "Superman Returns" to Brandon Routh.

Still, Snyder is quick to note this edition of the Metropolis Marvel is "not not Superman." For everything that feels different about the Superman in "Man of Steel," there's still plenty that's recognizable, most notably, Clark's highly principled attitude instilled in him by his Midwestern adoptive parents (played by Kevin Costner and Diane Lane).

"There's a snarkiness to the world now, and the nice thing about Superman is that he's a volunteer in the classic sense," said Snyder. "If you really think about it, he has no life, other than to serve. I think that Henry, without making him sound like too much of a saint, naturally has that characteristic in himself. He's not putting it on."

Faith — to both God and country — is an integral theme in "Man of Steel." There's no looking past the religious allegories that have been associated with Superman mythology for decades. This Man of Tomorrow is 33 years old today and seeks counsel at a church in a time of crisis. Snyder believes his Superman supports religion but also questions it.

"It's more interesting when someone is flawed," said Amy Adams, who plays Lois Lane. "In the past, Superman is so hard to get into because he's so perfect. I love that Henry plays him as a conflicted human being — or alien, as it were — with all these identifiable traits like fear, which we've never really seen before in this character."

Another contrast to previous Superman lore is the evolution of the relationship between Clark and Lois, who's portrayed by Adams as a take-no-prisoners, Pulitzer Prize-winning war reporter. She encounters the last son of Krypton before even he fully understands his intergalactic backstory. Ultimately, Superman needs Lois as much as she needs him.

"I loved how this relationship between Clark and Lois allowed for a subtle chemistry and mutual respect to develop," said Adams. "I just thought there was something different to be explored within their relationship that we're able to touch on a little bit in this film. She believes him, and that's really rare for Lois. There's an authenticity there."

The expectations for "Man of Steel" are higher than any building in Metropolis. The film could accomplish for Warner Bros. what "Superman Returns" failed to do, namely, launch a film franchise akin to "The Dark Knight." Paul Dergarabedian, box office analyst for Hollywood.com, expects it to leap over the $100 million mark in a single bound on opening weekend.

http://news.yahoo.com/cavill-keeps-real ... 11272.html

- El escritor de ‘Man of Steel’: Superman y Batman siempre ‘estarán por encima’ (herocomplex):
El escritor de ‘Man of Steel’: Superman y Batman siempre ‘estarán por encima’
Por Gina McIntyre 12 de Junio, 2013

“Man of Steel” flies into theaters Friday hoping to reinvent Superman for a new era, no small feat for the original superhero, a character who debuted in the pages of “Action Comics” No. 1 in 1938 and celebrates his 75th anniversary this year. Filmmaker David S. Goyer teamed with his “Dark Knight” trilogy collaborator Christopher Nolan on the story and wrote the screenplay for the Zack Snyder-directed movie, and Goyer recently spoke to Hero Complex about the project — its incredibly high stakes, his detailed approach to writing the script and why Superman matters to so many people (and maybe something about “Justice League” too).

HC: You’ve said previously that you never really understood Superman as a character. How did you ultimately find your way in to the story?

DG: I had just become a stepfather and my now wife had gotten pregnant with my son. He hadn’t been born yet. My father also died while I was writing it. All these things happened while I was writing the outline and/or writing the script, and I realized they’re all the things that Clark or Kal has to deal with in the course of that movie. It was an emotional in for me, that was my hook. I never had that hook before. I don’t know if I would have had that hook if I had not had those experiences.

HC: How quickly did the first draft of the screenplay come together?

DG: It took about six months — it’s the longest first draft I’ve ever taken. It was a really, really complicated script to write and a difficult script to write, even more so than I thought that it would be when I set out to write it. He’s a really hard character to crack, much harder than Batman. Also we’ve got the [Richard] Donner [1978] version and … that’s still really revered. He’s just been preserved in amber since then. At least with Batman, when we were reinventing Batman, people liked the Tim Burton version, but they’d really not liked “Batman & Robin” and that had been [released] relatively recently. I think we were given more of a pass in reinventing the character, whereas, for whatever reason, people just skip over “Superman III” and “IV.” They still revere the Donner films — and rightfully so — then the [Bryan] Singer film ["Superman Returns"] was kind of this homage to the Donner films. It didn’t chart new territory from the Donner films, it was an extension of the Donner films. I feel like we just had a much higher bar that we had to overcome in terms of establishing him.

HC: So how did you approach trying to re-establish the granddaddy of superheroes? You really are introducing him to a generation of moviegoers in a way.

DG: I have two nieces and they saw “Superman Returns” when they were maybe 10 and 12 and they hadn’t seen the Donner films and they didn’t understand it. They were like, “Where he’s been?” For us, that was one of these initial kind of “Aha!” experiences. We just really have to pretend like none of the others existed. Zack has also said if you go down that route, which we felt like we had to do, we felt no matter what, we were going to have some detractors. Some people were going to say, unless you used the [John] Williams score, it’s heresy. Or unless he’s got the underpants, it’s heresy. Or the spit curl, it’s heresy. We just said, you know, a certain percentage of the audience is going to react that way no matter what we do, but if we’re going to reinvent him in the same way that the comic books have done, we have to act as if the other movies don’t exist. Zack has said that means you can’t just cherry-pick some things like the Williams score — as amazing as it is — because then it becomes confusing to the audience. Is it a reboot or is it not a reboot? We just said, OK, for us cinematically nothing exists prior to this film. A huge section of the audience don’t know his origin story. I also think we covered some ground that hadn’t been covered before.

HC: What new ground did you cover?

DG: I knew it was an immigrant story, but I wanted it to be a first contact story. For it to be a first contact story, I felt very strongly that we had to depict Krypton on a level of detail that had not been depicted before, even to a certain extent in the comic books. It was really important to me, and Chris was a big defender of this, that we spend a significant amount of time on Krypton, that we not just gloss over it. I even wrote an appendix of additional material about Krypton’s history, the culture and the different guilds and what had happened with the original kind of space-faring culture and why that had collapsed. That appendix got fed to the production designer and the costume designer so even stuff that wasn’t in the script proper got embedded into the movie that we were making.

HC: That’s a very detailed approach.

DG: It’s a way of working that I like anyway, but it’s a way of working that Chris espouses. One of the things that I picked up in working with Chris is that for us at least we never just did something in the Batman films or in “Man of Steel” because that’s the way it’s done in the comic books. We always had to come up with a reason. Even if it might not be explained in dialogue in the film, it had to have its own logic. That’s why Superman’s underwear got nixed.

HC: Were you at all conscious while you were working on the film of the enormous amount of expectations that would ultimately surround its release?

DG: I think if I had known then what I know now, it would have completely paralyzed me and I couldn’t have done it. The expectations and the complications in trying to make Superman relatable in the same way that Chris and I had tried to make Batman relatable — I don’t want to say more realistic because it’s crazy to say that given that he’s from another planet and he can fly and do all of these things… Look how much debate has sprung up, good and bad, over the redesign of the “S”? I don’t think we had that kind of debate over the bat symbol or even the Batmobile. But the amount of articles that have been written about the underpants or whether or not we didn’t include the “S” shield on the back of the cape, just hundreds of pieces written about whether or not the spit curl should be there, things like that.

HC: What’s at the root of that passionate debate?

DG: Superman was the very first superhero. He’s been around 75 years. My grandmother has an emotional attachment to that character. I think “The Avengers” was a huge accomplishment but yet the Marvel heroes don’t have the same type of archetypal weight that the big three DC characters have, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. They just don’t. My grandmother has no relationship with Spider-Man or Thor or Iron Man. Maybe if those characters continue for another 40 years people will start to have that, but I think Batman and Superman will always have the edge in terms of pop culture. A lot of people say that the Superman symbol is the second most recognized symbol in the world other than the cross. A lot of people recognize the Spider-Man symbol, but it doesn’t have the same kind of weight that the Superman symbol does.

HC: How specifically did you attempt to make him more relatable to moviegoers?

DG: One of the ways I hope we made him relatable, even though he’s got these powers, it may have been hard for him to assimilate because he can hear everything, because he can see everything. It was just that moment that occurred to me, well, if he can hear everything and he is kind of odd for whatever reason — or if he’s odd because he’s trying to keep to himself because he doesn’t want to expose himself — he could hear every horrible thing that people say about him, or God forbid he could hear everything his parents say about him upstairs. I’ve got a 6-year-old and my wife and I have all sorts of conversations about him in bed at night about him or his problems. Now imagine that you’re 9 and you hear every one of those conversations which young Clark would. That was an in for me. I think that would be off-putting. You would have to learn coping mechanisms for that.

HC: What can you say at this point about sequels or a “Justice League” film?

DG: The only thing I can about subsequent films is that it would be disingenuous to say that sitting on the set Zack and I haven’t mused about things. But that was something that Chris really hammered home to Zack and I. Focus on this film, try to put all the expectations out of your head, because there’s enormous expectation on the part of the studio. If you think about all the merchandising and all the ad-supported stuff they’re doing, the sort of hopes and dreams that the stockholders have and stuff like that, it will just paralyze you. You just won’t be able to make your movie. Chris was very helpful in reminding the studio of that, let us do our thing. I think Henry [Cavill] said, “You can’t play an icon.” You can’t write a blockbuster. You just have to try to write the best movie you can. You have to take chances. You have to let the story lead you into logical directions and follow through and say, does that make sense for this story? If we had tried to write a blockbuster, we would have been screwed.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/m ... e-edge/#/0

- Pósters de "Man Od Steel" para Mondo de Ken Taylor y Martin Ansin:

Podéis comprarlos AQUÍ

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- "Man of Steel" - New Character´s Banners:

Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Concept Art de Zod del libro "Man of Steel: Inside The Legendary World Of Superman":

Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- Premiere en Londres de "Man of Steel" (12-06-13):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Man of Steel - UK Premiere setup - Leicester Square, London (12.06.13):

Man of Steel World Premiere in London | FULL HD:

MAN OF STEEL - SUPERMAN EUROPEAN MOVIE PREMIERE LONDON 12TH JUNE 2013:

Henry Cavill at the Man of Steel European Premiere (ShowBiz):

Henry Cavill and Amy Adams line up for Superman 'Man of Steel' London premiere (PressAssociation):

Henry Cavill & Amy Adams at the Man of Steel Premiere:

Man of Steel: London Premiere:

Interview with Antje Traue at the European Premiere of Man of Steel from London's Leicester Square:

HENRY CAVILL (Superman) for James Bond and signs Superboy costume @ MAN OF STEEL london premiere:

HANS ZIMMER (music) meets Superboy / talks John Williams inspiration @ Man of Steel premiere london:

Henry Cavill joins co-stars Russell Crowe and Michael Shannon at Man of Steel premiere (telegraph.uk.co):

Director Zac Snyder at the European Premiere of Man of Steel:

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder at the European Premiere:

Cavill Brings 'Steel' to Wet London:

Michael Shannon at the European Premiere of Man of Steel:

RUSSELL CROWE hears Superman phone-booth joke and meets Superboy @ MAN OF STEEL london euro premiere:

Amy Adams: Henry Cavill is the hottest man on the planet:

Sky Sports' and Rugby League's Sam Tomkins interviews Henry Cavill:

Man of Steel - European Premiere (mymoviesltd):

Henry Cavill at the Man of Steel European premiere:

- Man of Steel: FILMCLUB Premiere report:

- Resumen de declaraciones:
Hans Zimmer: Está encantado con la recepción. Le encanta la anterior bso con la que tantos niños han crecido con ella. Habla de que Superman es esperanza. Lo imposible es posible. Y que Zack le apoyó para la bso con imágenes y su idea del personaje y de la película.

David S. Goyer: con seis años comenzó a leer cómics. Cree que es algo importante en la sociedad y que es nuestra nueva mitología. Superman es el gran padre, el primero. Es duro escribir una historia sobre él. Es feliz con el resultado de la película, dice que es épica. No recuerda una película igual.

Christopher Nolan: Emocionante desde el comienzo del proyecto. Flipó con el film de Donner y quería volver hacer creer a la gente que un hombre puede volar. Cuando habló con David Goyer, no dudó. Cambiaron la S para diferenciarla del resto y que sea el nuevo símbolo de la nueva era, para encajarla con el tono del film.

Michael Shannon: Agradece la visita de los fans, son educados y majos. Habla de que Zod se encuentra desesperado por la situación de su planeta y las consecuencias. Disfruta de la pantalla verde, porque los actores usan su imaginación en el fondo.

Antje Traue: Se encuentra nerviosa. Su personaje tiene pasión por Krypton y cree en la visión de Zod. Una gran experiencia trabajar con tantos grandes nombres. No era muy consciente de la importancia de Superman en la cultura popular.

Zack Snyder: Feliz por el trabajo realizado. Deborah Snyder comenta que estaba nerviosa por la responsabilidad de llevar un personaje así. Habla que Nolan fue más que un amigo y agradece su confianza. El mejor recuerdo fue cuando rodaban en Smallville y Henry se encontraba en la otra punta con fuego alrededor y allí fue consciente de rodar Superman.

Russell Crowe: Está feliz porque sus hijos van a ver una película suya, de una vez. Da gusto trabajar con Zack porque ves cómo disfruta de su trabajo y eso se contagia. Vuelve a hablar de cuando conoció a Henry Cavill como extra en una película donde él trabajaba. Habla muy bien de él, que es un buen chaval.

Amy Adams: Feliz por el apoyo al film de la gente bajo la lluvia. Lois es parte clave del conflicto. El personaje es recordado por muchos fans por las distintas actrices, las respeta pero ella tiene que dar su punto de vista. Habla maravillas de Henry, que llena la pantalla.

(Gracias a LaFortalezadelaSoledad.es)

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- 'Man of Steel' Composer Hans Zimmer Offers Glimpse of Creative Process (RollingStone.com):

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/video ... HyY6vgkmB3

Imagen Imagen

troner25
Clark Kent
Clark Kent

Mensaje por troner25 »

Vi en directo las 2 premiers... 1 semana!! 1 maldita semana!!! Por cierto, no lo he abierto, para NADA del mundo, pero en Seriesly ya está colgada parte de la película (en muy mal estado como cabe de esperar) Yo por mi parte ya tengo las entradas compradas para el FULLHD de Barcelona, el mejor cine de cataluña, solo os digo que 10 euros en 2D xD

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

Sí, también en seriesyonkis, pero tienen muy mala calidad y están dobladas en latino... Bueno ya te queda menos para esperar :wink:

- Henry Cavill, Amy Adams y Russell Crow en "The Graham Norton Show" (13-06-13):

- El elenco de "Man of Steel" en la premiere de Jersey (14-06-13):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Nueva figura de Man of Steel de "Hot Toys":

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- MAN OF STEEL - Official US TV Spots #16 - #19 [HD]:

- MAN OF STEEL - "Critics" International TV Spot (2013):

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- El elenco de "Man of Steel" en el "Taormina Film Festival", Italia (15-06-13):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

- Man of Steel - Now Playing Spot 1:

- Man of Steel - Now Playing Spot 2:

Imagen Imagen

Shelby
Administrador/a
Administrador/a

Mensaje por Shelby »

- MoS premiere party held at Lancia Cafe, Taormina Filmfest Italy (15-06-13):

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Responder

Volver a “Superman”